时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:29] | Asylum! | 避难 |
[00:31] | Asylum! | 避难 |
[00:33] | – Asylum! – On the ground. | -避难 -趴下 |
[00:34] | – Asylum! – On the ground. | -避难 -趴下 |
[00:35] | – Typhoon survivors. – On the ground. | -台风幸存者 -趴下 |
[00:37] | From Solomon Islands. | 从所罗门群岛来的 |
[00:46] | – Asylum. – Asylum. | -避难 -避难 |
[01:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:09] | Welcome back to the U.S., Ms. Grant. | 欢迎回到美国 格兰特女士 |
[01:11] | And you too, little Miss Grant. | 还有你 小格兰特小姐 |
[01:14] | Thank you… Officer Torrez. | 谢谢你… 托雷斯警官 |
[01:17] | It’s not enough | 你把船上 |
[01:17] | you charmed every single crew member on the ship? | 每一个船员都迷了个遍还不够吗 |
[01:20] | I have a roundtable on Pacific climate migration | 我们一降落 我就有个太平洋气候移民圆桌会议 |
[01:22] | to get to the second we land. | 要参加 |
[01:24] | Until then, I am milking every last drop of this vacation. | 可在那之前 我要利用好我假期的每一秒钟 |
[01:27] | Well, we’re still in vacation mode till we’re back in D.C. | 我们回到华府之前都还处在休假模式 |
[01:29] | playing with Lyric before we Netflix and chill. | 和丽瑞克玩会儿 然后我们性福一下 |
[01:33] | Okay. | 得了吧 |
[01:34] | Oh, wait, that’s still vacation mode. | 等等 这还是休假模式 |
[01:36] | Aaron and I don’t get back to work until tomorrow, | 亚伦和我明天才上班 |
[01:38] | where I will tell Sam all about this amazing woman we met. | 我会把我们认识的这个神奇女人告诉萨姆的 |
[01:41] | I swear, he’s the future Mr. Daisy. | 我打赌 他会是未来的戴西先生 |
[01:44] | Aw. Tara, you’re a mess. | 塔拉 你太坏了 |
[01:46] | – Promise me we’ll keep in touch. – Oh, yeah. | -答应我保持联系啊 -当然 |
[01:48] | – We’ll see each other back in D.C. for sure. – Fly safe. | -我们一定会在华盛顿见的 -一路平安 |
[01:50] | – Okay. Bye, guys. – Bye. | -好的再见 -再见 |
[01:51] | – Bye-bye, Joanna. – Say “Bye-bye.” | -再见 乔安娜 -说再见 |
[01:55] | – Yeah, I hear you, baby girl. – Twinkle, twinkle… | -我听见了 小姑娘 -一闪一闪… |
[01:57] | – I’m not ready for the real world yet, either. – Star. | -我也没准备好回到现实呢 -亮晶晶 |
[02:00] | Hey, folks, welcome to Washington Dulles Airport. | 欢迎大家来到华盛顿杜勒斯机场 |
[02:03] | There’s gonna be a slight delay here on the ground, | 地勤会有些小的延误 |
[02:05] | so we’ll need everyone to remain in their seats. | 我们需要请大家在座位上坐好 |
[02:07] | We thank you in advance for your patience. | 先感谢大家的耐心等待 |
[02:10] | I wonder what that’s about. | 我想知道是什么情况 |
[02:15] | Attention, please. | 请注意 |
[02:16] | I’m Team Leader Carl Burke | 我是国土安全部的 |
[02:17] | from the Department of Homeland Security. | 卡尔·布克队长 |
[02:19] | Due to an exposure | 由于本架航班接触了 |
[02:20] | to the measles virus on this aircraft, | 麻疹病毒 |
[02:22] | we’ll be performing some routine screenings | 我们将进行常规的筛查 |
[02:24] | and, if need be, take containment measures. | 如果需要 采取抑制病毒传播措施 |
[02:26] | Please remain seated | 请在座位上坐好 |
[02:27] | while we move to a secure holding terminal. | 我们会前往一个安全防护航站楼 |
[02:31] | – All right. – Yes, sir. | -好了 -是 长官 |
[02:37] | 杜勒斯疾控中心检疫站 观察室 | |
[02:41] | 隔离区 闲人免进 | |
[02:43] | – I’m Dr. Kerry Still. – Daisy Grant. | -我是凯莉·斯提尔医生 -戴西·格兰特 |
[02:45] | – You’re with the CDC? – Yes. We’re going to need | -你是疾控中心的 -对 我们需要 |
[02:47] | to do a closer exam… | 做一个进一步的检查… |
[02:49] | I work for the Secretary of State. | 我为国务卿工作 |
[02:50] | You know, I understand CDC protocols, | 我知道你们的规章 |
[02:52] | and I’m happy to cooperate, | 我也非常愿意配合 |
[02:53] | but I really need to get to work. | 但我真的需要去上班 |
[02:54] | I understand, but we need to do | 我理解 但我们需要 |
[02:56] | – a closer examination. – Look, Joanna and I | -做个进一步的检查 -乔安娜和我 |
[02:58] | have already been vaccinated for the measles. | 都接种过麻疹疫苗的 |
[03:00] | So tell me to keep an eye out for symptoms, | 所以你就告诉我要留意症状 |
[03:02] | give me a pamphlet with the contact info, | 给我个有联系方式的小册子 |
[03:03] | and we’ll get out of your hair so you can focus | 我们立马闪人 这样你就可以 |
[03:05] | on the people who brought the virus onto the plane. | 把精力放到把病毒带到飞机上的人身上了 |
[03:07] | Miss Grant, you are the people. | 格兰特小姐 就是你们 |
[03:10] | – Excuse me? – This morning, | -你说什么 -今天早上 |
[03:12] | a case of measles was confirmed on your cruise ship. | 你们游轮上确诊了一例麻疹 |
[03:15] | We are now trying to track down | 我们在追踪 |
[03:16] | all 4,500 passengers and crew members, | 所有四千五百位乘客和工作人员 |
[03:19] | plus everyone you’ve come into contact with | 还有你们上岸以后接触的所有的人 |
[03:21] | since you disembarked in order to prevent a pandemic. | 来避免一场传染病爆发 |
[03:24] | I’m sorry for the delay, | 很抱歉耽误你们 |
[03:25] | but we need to do a closer examination | 但我们需要为你和你女儿 |
[03:27] | of you and your daughter. | 做进一步的检查 |
[03:28] | I’ll let the office know I’ll be late. | 我通知我的办公室我要迟到一些 |
[03:31] | So, uh, | 那么 |
[03:32] | any early news about how the conference is going? | 会议的情况有没有初步的消息 |
[03:35] | – Don’t answer that, Nina. – Would you… | -别回答她 妮娜 -你能… |
[03:37] | – Since… – Don’t an… | -既然… -别回… |
[03:38] | Well, I know. Yep. | 好吧 我知道 |
[03:42] | Jay’s got it. | 有杰伊呢 |
[03:45] | Did you tell him the thing about Australia? | 你告诉他如何对付澳大利亚了吗 |
[03:47] | How it’s all about flattering the prime minister’s ego, | 一切的一切都是要满足总理的虚荣心 |
[03:50] | – and it’s… – You did. | -还有… -你说过了 |
[03:53] | Well, good. | 很好 |
[03:55] | All right. Disengaging | 好吧 中断联络 |
[03:58] | in three, two, one! | 三 二 一 |
[04:03] | The countdown. Haven’t heard that | 倒计时 自从杰森去夏令营那次 |
[04:04] | since Jason went to summer camp. | 就再没听到过了 |
[04:07] | This conference is the key | 这个会议对 |
[04:09] | to a whole global climate migration initiative. | 全球气候移民主张至关重要 |
[04:13] | – It’s… – And it’s in good hands. | -它… -有高手在掌控局面 |
[04:16] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[04:17] | This is Jay’s moment to fly. | 这是杰伊出彩的时刻 |
[04:22] | What if I-I get to Camp David, and I’m just sitting around, | 如果我 我去戴维营 就那么坐着 |
[04:26] | wondering why I had to put my entire life on hold | 然后想弄明白我为什么要放下所有的事 |
[04:28] | just to write a ten-minute speech? | 就为了写个十分钟的演讲稿 |
[04:30] | Because it’s a ten-minute speech that’s gonna define | 因为这个十分钟的演讲稿将会 |
[04:32] | your campaign and your presidency. | 为你的竞选和你的总统生涯定下基调 |
[04:34] | And you said yourself, | 而且你自己说过 |
[04:36] | you can’t do it on nights and weekends. | 你没法在晚上和周末写出来 |
[04:38] | Conrad’s sending a chef. | 康拉德还派了个大厨 |
[04:40] | What, you were gonna fast in the desert for 40 days? | 不然呢 你要在沙漠里饿四十天吗 |
[04:42] | Well, it just seems so elaborate. | 看着真细心啊 |
[04:45] | You know, I can make a sandwich. | 我做个三明治就好了 |
[04:48] | Remember that passage from A Room of One’s Own | 你还记得《一个自己的房间》有一段 |
[04:50] | where Virginia Woolf | 弗吉尼亚·伍尔夫 |
[04:52] | takes a page to describe the delicious meal | 花了一整页的篇幅描写英格兰的特权阶层 |
[04:55] | the privileged men of England get to eat | 所享用的精美晚餐 |
[04:56] | so they can run the world? | 以便他们能去运筹整个世界吗 |
[04:57] | And the women get biscuits and prunes. | 女人们只能吃点饼干和梅子干 |
[05:00] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[05:01] | So you’re saying I should just enjoy | 所以你是说我应该享受 |
[05:04] | the trappings of male privilege? | 这些男性特权的标志吗 |
[05:06] | I’m saying the president of the United States | 我是说美国总统 |
[05:07] | understands the value of a good meal. | 懂得欣赏一顿美餐的价值 |
[05:10] | So yes, just enjoy it. | 没错 好好享用就好 |
[05:12] | I don’t know if I can stick to this “No phone calls” rule. | 我不知道我能不能坚持”不得打电话”的规定 |
[05:16] | What if I get stuck? | 如果我卡住了呢 |
[05:17] | Babe, just go for a walk. | 宝贝 那就去散散步 |
[05:19] | Take deep breaths. You’re gonna be great. | 深呼吸 你一定很棒的 |
[05:21] | And you’ll edit me as soon as I get back? | 我一回来你就帮我检查 |
[05:23] | Oh, I’ll edit you. | 嗯 我检查你 |
[05:26] | – That’s so weird. – I know. | -这太怪异了 -我知道 |
[05:27] | – You’re really weird. – Nice and weird. | -你太怪异了 -好且怪异 |
[05:29] | – Come on, let’s go. – Okay. | -行了 走吧 -好 |
[05:31] | Put that away. | 把那个放下 |
[05:33] | 华盛顿特区 联系联合国难民署 太平洋气候移民圆桌会议 | |
[05:35] | Considering the devastating effects | 目前台风季节 |
[05:37] | of this current typhoon season | 给瑙鲁和所罗门群岛 |
[05:39] | on Nauru and the Solomon Islands, | 带来的灾难性打击 |
[05:41] | it’s clear that our predictions | 清楚地表明我们关于 |
[05:42] | about the long-lasting effects of climate change | 气候变化所带来的持久性影响的预言 |
[05:44] | are no longer predictions. | 已经不再是预言 |
[05:47] | They’re here. | 预言已经变为现实 |
[05:48] | The U.N.’s Regional Compact for Climate Migration | 《联合国气候移民地区协定》 |
[05:51] | would enable us to work together | 将使我们共同合作 |
[05:53] | to manage, process and relocate | 来管理 处理 和安置 |
[05:56] | the millions expected to be displaced by rising sea levels | 环太平洋各国数以百万预计会因海平面上升 |
[05:59] | in Pacific Rim nations. | 而流离失所的人们 |
[06:00] | If this is about climate change, | 如果这个跟气候变化有关 |
[06:02] | let the big polluters take the millions. | 让那些大的污染国接纳这数百万吧 |
[06:04] | It is our greatest hope | 我们最大的愿望就是 |
[06:06] | to extend the regional compact to a global one, | 将地区协定扩展成为全球性的 |
[06:09] | which would include all major carbon emitters. | 可以包括所有主要的碳排放国家 |
[06:11] | One of which | 其中的一个 |
[06:12] | is cohosting this conference. | 是本次会议的共同主办方 |
[06:15] | The United States is ready to take our share | 美国做好准备来接收我们那部分 |
[06:18] | of climate migrants. | 气候移民 |
[06:19] | We are all interested to hear | 我们都很有兴趣想听听 |
[06:20] | what you consider your share. | 你们如何看待你们所应该承担的责任 |
[06:22] | We all share the effects of climate change. | 我们都对气候变化造成的影响负有责任 |
[06:24] | A plan of action is essential. | 出一份行动计划是最基本的 |
[06:26] | But I agree with President Andrada. | 但是我赞同安德拉达总统 |
[06:28] | Australia is already overburdened | 澳大利亚已经因为非法寻求避难的人 |
[06:30] | with illegal asylum seekers. | 而不堪重负 |
[06:32] | And now climate migrants? | 现在还要加上气候移民 |
[06:34] | We had a recent huge influx from the Solomon Islands. | 我们最近有大量来自所罗门群岛的难民涌入 |
[06:36] | We also have boat people | 我们每天都要接收从帕劳和图瓦卢 |
[06:37] | coming every day from Palau and Tuvalu. | 坐船过来的人 |
[06:40] | I know you all | 我知道你们都疲于应付 |
[06:41] | have refugee fatigue. | 涌入的难民 |
[06:43] | But I must ask us all to bear in mind | 但我必须请大家都记住 |
[06:45] | that many of these people have lost their homes | 这些人中很多都失去了家园 |
[06:47] | and everything they have. | 一无所有 |
[06:49] | They travel at great risk to Indonesia, | 他们冒着很大的风险来到印度尼西亚 |
[06:51] | only to find their request for asylum | 却发现他们的避难申请 |
[06:53] | won’t be processed for months, if ever, | 还要拖好几个月才能处理 |
[06:55] | and their only option | 即便通过了 |
[06:56] | for shelter is a tent on the sidewalk. | 他们也只能居住在人行道上的帐篷里 |
[06:59] | Then someone says their uncle | 然后有人说他们的叔叔 |
[07:01] | got asylum in Australia, so they spend their last pennies | 在澳大利亚获得了庇护 于是他们倾其所有 |
[07:04] | for a spot on an unseaworthy boat | 只为在一条没法出海的破船上买个位置 |
[07:07] | and journey 200 miles over rough waters. | 在惊涛骇浪中航行300多公里 |
[07:10] | Many of them do not even survive the trip. | 他们中很多人在旅途中就去世了 |
[07:12] | This is a humanitarian crisis that isn’t going away | 这是无法消除的人道主义危机 |
[07:16] | because the world is changing. | 因为世界在不断变化 |
[07:18] | And we’re here to figure out | 我们来到这里就是为了寻求 |
[07:20] | how to change along with it. | 应对世界变化的方法 |
[07:21] | We’d be looking | 我们希望澳大利亚 |
[07:22] | to Australia for first wave temporary shelter. | 能提供第一波临时避难所 |
[07:24] | We’re already the way station. | 我们已经是难民驿站了 |
[07:26] | And your infrastructure and expertise | 正因为你们的基础设施和这方面的专长 |
[07:28] | are exactly why your leadership is essential, | 所以您的领导至关重要 |
[07:30] | Prime Minister. | 总理 |
[07:31] | You know the challenges inside and out. | 您对方方面面的问题都了如指掌 |
[07:34] | Uh, Jay, it’s urgent. | 杰伊 有急事 |
[07:35] | I need to speak with you. | 我要跟你谈谈 |
[07:37] | Uh, excuse me a moment. | 对不起 我要离开一下 |
[07:39] | If we all turn to section “B.” | 请大家翻到第二部分 |
[07:42] | POTUS wants you at the CDC briefing. | 总统想让你去参加疾控中心的发布会 |
[07:44] | – But we just got some momentum. – Okay. | -但是我们才刚有点进展 -好吧 |
[07:45] | That one measles case. It looks like an outbreak. | 那个麻疹病例 看起来会爆发 |
[07:47] | Right. Okay. | 行 好吧 |
[07:50] | I guess, uh, I guess you’re up. | 我觉得 那这边你来吧 |
[07:52] | – Okay. – If Australia agrees to the deal, | -行 -如果澳大利亚同意这个协议 |
[07:53] | the rest of the nations will follow. | 那其他国家也会跟随 |
[07:55] | I got this. | 交给我吧 |
[07:59] | We’re gonna land Australia. | 我们会搞定澳大利亚 |
[08:00] | I can feel it. | 我有这种预感 |
[08:01] | – I love the optimism. – But? | -我喜欢你的乐观 -但是呢 |
[08:03] | They throw out prime ministers like confetti down there, | 他们拒绝首相和总理们就像扔纸屑一样 |
[08:06] | and Lawson’s party is all over him for being too liberal. | 劳森的党派都在抱怨他过于慷慨 |
[08:08] | Jay. | 杰伊 |
[08:08] | He’ll only sign if we give him something big in return. | 我们只有回赠一份大礼才能让他签字 |
[08:10] | Sorry. Uh, Daisy just called. | 抱歉 黛西刚才打电话过来了 |
[08:11] | With stories of romance and adventure on the high seas? | 有什么公海上的浪漫和冒险故事吗 |
[08:14] | And of the Dulles Airport quarantine station. | 还有杜勒斯机场检疫站的故事 |
[08:19] | We’re fine. | 我们很好 |
[08:20] | It’s protocol to check everyone. | 规定所有人都要接受检查 |
[08:22] | Hey, so, how you doing in the driver’s seat? | 大权在握感觉如何 |
[08:24] | Uh, g-great, I think. | 好极了 我觉得 |
[08:28] | How’s Joanna holding up? | 乔安娜还好吗 |
[08:29] | Well, they took blood, and baby girl is not happy with me. | 他们抽了血 宝贝女儿跟我闹别扭呢 |
[08:32] | I know. | 我明白 |
[08:33] | The switch from “I love you” | 一瞬间就从”我爱你”切换到了 |
[08:35] | to “How could you” is so fast. | “你怎么能这样对我” |
[08:37] | God, she’s gonna hold a grudge. | 天呐 她会记仇的 |
[08:39] | Thankfully, my mom will have to deal with it. | 谢天谢地 有我妈来搞定她 |
[08:41] | I’ll see you at the conference | 我们会上见 |
[08:42] | when I drop her off. | 等我先把她交给我妈 |
[08:43] | Don’t be crazy. You’re going home. | 别着急 你先回家吧 |
[08:44] | I mean, of course I can come in. | 我是说 我完全可以去上班 |
[08:46] | The Dulles quarantine station | 你不应该在杜勒斯机场检疫站 |
[08:47] | is not how you end a vacation. | 结束假期 |
[08:48] | Go home. We got this. | 回家吧 交给我们就行 |
[08:50] | Well, if you insist, boss man. | 好吧 如果你坚持要这样 老板 |
[08:52] | All right, keep me posted. | 好 保持联络 |
[08:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:56] | You got the outbreak folder? | 你那儿有麻疹疫情的文件夹吗 |
[08:59] | Yep. | 是的 |
[09:00] | All set. Sorry. Uh… | 都准备好了 抱歉 |
[09:03] | I just thought I’d check my Dogoda Crush inbox, | 我刚才想看一下我的”多勾搭”收件箱 |
[09:05] | and I got sucked in. ? | 然后就被吸引住了 |
[09:06] | To the right for Mr. Right, right? | “右划收获你的男神” 对吗 |
[09:08] | Yeah. There’s a lot more wrongs | 是的 这些应用程序 |
[09:10] | on these apps. | 还是有很多问题 |
[09:12] | Although this guy’s a… He’s a maybe. | 虽然这家伙是… 他只是有可能 |
[09:15] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[09:16] | He likes his nephew, which is cute. | 他喜欢他侄子 多好的人 |
[09:18] | He works at DOJ with a friend of mine. | 他在司法部工作 我有个朋友也在那儿 |
[09:20] | She thinks he’s a player. | 她觉得他是个花花公子 |
[09:22] | Sometimes I love how small this town is. | 有时我觉得世界这么小也挺好 |
[09:25] | Good-bye, Mitchell. | 再见 米切尔 |
[09:26] | I met my husband the old-fashioned way | 我认识我先生的方式很老套 |
[09:28] | at an inaugural ball. | 是在就职舞会上 |
[09:30] | Wow. I need to go to more balls. | 那我也得多参加些舞会 |
[09:34] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[09:36] | Who was that? | 那是谁 |
[09:40] | It’s my Uncle Will. | 我舅舅威尔 |
[09:43] | He and my Aunt Sophie | 他和苏菲舅妈 |
[09:44] | are going through a rough patch right now. | 最近关系不是很好 |
[09:45] | He’s been living in our basement. | 他一直住在我们家地下室 |
[09:48] | It says he’s not looking for love, | 这上面说他并不想寻求爱情 |
[09:49] | – just a good time. – Oh, my God. | -只是想找点乐子 -天哪 |
[09:51] | That is so much worse. | 真是雪上加霜 |
[09:53] | Gators, recounts, | 之前是短吻鳄 重新计票 |
[09:54] | and now measles. Is there anything good about Florida? | 现在又是麻疹 佛罗里达就不能有点好事吗 |
[09:58] | Miami is the only major city founded by a woman. | 迈阿密是唯一由女性建立的大城市 |
[10:02] | Doesn’t make up for the measles. | 那也无法弥补麻疹带来的危害 |
[10:04] | Passengers and crew from over 20 different countries. | 乘客和船员来自20多个国家 |
[10:06] | That’s quite a spread. | 范围还挺广 |
[10:08] | We’ve got quarantine facilities up and running | 我们已经增设了检疫设施并在所有 |
[10:09] | at all major points of entry. | 主要的入境地点进行检疫 |
[10:11] | Measles was eradicated in the U.S. | 麻疹在美国已经彻底消灭了 |
[10:13] | How are we back here? | 它们是怎么回来的 |
[10:15] | Well, sir, because measles is awesome. | 总统先生 因为麻疹作为一种病毒 |
[10:17] | At being a virus. | 实在太厉害了 |
[10:18] | It’s not as sexy as Ebola, but it is even more contagious. | 它不像埃博拉病毒那么性感 但传染性更强 |
[10:22] | The pathogens, they can survive in the air | 在被感染的人离开房间之后 |
[10:24] | for up to two hours | 病原体还可以 |
[10:25] | after the infected person has left the room. | 在空气中存活两个小时 |
[10:27] | Ebola is sexy? | 你说埃博拉性感 |
[10:29] | Yes. But with measles, | 没错 但是一位麻疹病毒携带者 |
[10:31] | one person can infect 12 to 18 others, | 可以感染12到18个健康人 |
[10:33] | which is why vaccine hesitancy | 这就是为什么不愿意接种疫苗的人 |
[10:35] | is such a public health hazard. | 会严重威胁公众健康 |
[10:37] | People are not getting their kids vaccinated. | 有些人不给他们的孩子接种疫苗 |
[10:40] | And this virus, it actively seeks out the unvaccinated. | 而这种病毒 会积极寻找未接种疫苗的人 |
[10:43] | Bright side, we may have determined | 好的一面是 我们可能已经确定 |
[10:45] | the country of origin. | 病毒来自于哪个国家 |
[10:46] | The person who brought the virus onboard | 有人把病毒带上了 |
[10:48] | the Sea Foam Voyager | 浪花航行者号 |
[10:49] | was one of the ship’s housekeepers. | 她是这艘船上的一名房间清洁工 |
[10:50] | 12 days ago, she got back from a trip to the Philippines, | 此人十二天前从菲律宾旅行回来 |
[10:53] | where there’s rumored to be an outbreak. | 有传言说那里出现过疫情 |
[10:55] | Why is it a rumor? | 为什么是传言 |
[10:56] | The Philippines hasn’t reported | 菲律宾从未向世卫组织 |
[10:58] | any cases of measles to the WHO, | 上报过任何麻疹病例 |
[11:01] | and they’re not allowing them in to investigate it. | 而且他们不允许世卫组织就此事进行调查 |
[11:04] | WHO can’t contain an outbreak | 世卫组织如果无法确定疫情是从哪里开始的 |
[11:06] | if they can’t confirm where it started. | 也就无法遏制疫情爆发 |
[11:13] | Okay. I’m starting to understand why I’m here. | 好吧 我明白为什么叫我过来了 |
[11:15] | You want me to try to get Andrada to work with us. | 你们想让我试着请安德拉达总统跟我们合作 |
[11:18] | Tread carefully, Jay. | 谨慎行事 杰伊 |
[11:19] | Yes, Mr. President. | 好的 总统先生 |
[11:20] | Okay, so, we’ve been back-channeling with the Aussies. | 好 所以 我们已经暗中接触过澳洲人 |
[11:22] | – They want to make a deal. – That’s what I’m talkin’ about! | -他们想做交易 -这就是我要说的 |
[11:24] | In exchange for their full support, | 他们想让我们把针对澳洲公民的 |
[11:25] | they want us to double the number of work visas | 工作签证数量增加到原来的两倍 |
[11:27] | – for their citizens. – Oh, is that all? | -来换取他们的全力支持 -就是这样 |
[11:29] | Well, Lawson needs something bright and shiny. | 劳森需要来点刺激的 |
[11:31] | so his party won’t call him soft on immigration. | 好让他的党派不再说他在移民事务上太温柔 |
[11:33] | Well, if visas are shiny enough, | 好吧 如果签证的事足够刺激 |
[11:35] | let’s look into it. | 我们可以研究一下 |
[11:35] | All right, we’ll have to get DHS, Congress | 行 必须让国土安全部 国会和白宫 |
[11:37] | – and the White House on board. – Yep. | -也参与进来 -没错 |
[11:38] | – Should we check in with M-Sec? – She’s off the grid. | -我们要先问问国务卿吗 -她失联了 |
[11:40] | The only way to get to her is through Dr. McCord. | 只有通过麦考德博士才能找到她 |
[11:42] | I don’t think we need to pull that rip cord. | 我觉得没必要惊动她 |
[11:43] | – Blake? – All right. | -布莱克你说呢 -好 |
[11:44] | – I’ll get started on the legwork. – What about Andrada? | -我先去跑跑腿 -那安德拉达那边呢 |
[11:45] | Are we good for a sit-down? | 可以跟他谈谈吗 |
[11:46] | I haven’t heard back from his people yet. | 他的人还没回复 |
[11:48] | He’s dodging us. | 他在躲着我们 |
[11:52] | Best of all, it slices through bone like butter. | 最棒的是 用它剔骨像切黄油般省力 |
[11:58] | President Andrada, excuse me. | 安德拉达总统 请原谅 |
[11:59] | – Hate to interrupt. – Then don’t. | -抱歉打搅了 -那就别来打搅 |
[12:01] | Can I get a word? | 能跟您说句话吗 |
[12:03] | I don’t talk to errand boys. Contact my staff. | 我不跟打杂的说话 联系我的手下吧 |
[12:06] | Anyone eating these dumplings? | 有人吃蒸饺吗 |
[12:09] | I’m so busy hosting, I keep forgetting to eat. | 忙着主持会议 我都忘记吃饭了 |
[12:12] | You know how that is. Would you pass the hot sauce? | 你懂的 能把辣酱递给我吗 |
[12:15] | You guys hear about the… | 你们听说了… |
[12:17] | measles outbreak? | 麻疹暴发的事吗 |
[12:19] | We leave those matters to our ministers of health. | 这些事由我们的卫生部管 |
[12:22] | It’s turning into a whole thing. | 现在变成大家的事了 |
[12:24] | Lots of departments involved, all because the… | 涉及到许多部门 都是因为 |
[12:28] | country of origin– the Philippines… | 病源国菲律宾… |
[12:33] | Wow. That’s hot. | 哇 真辣 |
[12:36] | Anyway, the Philippines isn’t cooperating | 总而言之 菲律宾不配合 |
[12:37] | with the World Health Organization, which is really… | 世卫组织 这种行为实属破坏全球各国 |
[12:40] | messing up global efforts to control | 为遏制这种极度传染性疾病 |
[12:41] | the further spread of a highly contagious disease | 进一步扩散所做的努力 |
[12:43] | – that could kill children. – That… that is ridiculous. | -这种病毒使儿童致命 -荒谬 |
[12:47] | That’s what I said. | 我也是这么说 |
[12:48] | It’s got to be a bureaucratic screwup. | 肯定是官僚主义的事情出了差错 |
[12:51] | My boss is out of town. Maybe I should let it go. | 我的上司不在 这事我可以敷衍一下 |
[12:54] | Under normal circumstances, | 常规下 |
[12:55] | you know what, I probably could. | 我很可能可以这么做 |
[12:57] | But once you’re looking at a global outbreak… | 不过 一旦面临全球性爆发… |
[13:01] | I mean…there are consequences. | 后果很严重啊 |
[13:03] | Arms deals get reconsidered. | 军火协议需要重议 |
[13:04] | Aid packages come under scrutiny. | 发放援助要经过严审 |
[13:09] | I had a pocketknife when I was a Boy Scout. | 我当童子军的时候也有一把匕首 |
[13:11] | Wasn’t as cool as that one, though. | 但不如这个好 |
[13:13] | Anyway… | 好了… |
[13:14] | see you guys back at the conference | 一会儿会上见 |
[13:22] | Mama’s little Jo | 妈妈的小乔宝 |
[13:24] | The bestest little Jo in the whole wide | 世上无与伦比的小乔宝 |
[13:27] | – Whoa! – How we doing in here? | -哇 -都还好吧 |
[13:29] | Thank you so much for the coffee. | 谢谢你的咖啡 |
[13:31] | Suddenly this room doesn’t seem so bad. | 突然感觉这个房间还不错 |
[13:34] | So, we have your results. | 结果出来了 |
[13:35] | Mom is all clear. | 妈妈没事 |
[13:38] | Joanna, however, tested positive for measles. | 但是乔安娜的结果是麻疹阳性 |
[13:41] | What? | 什么 |
[13:42] | No. No, she got the shot. | 不可能 她打过疫苗 |
[13:44] | After one dose, about 93% of people are protected. | 第一针后 大约93%的人获得免疫 |
[13:47] | That’s why we do the booster at age four. | 所以孩子在四岁时需再补加强针 |
[13:50] | – I can’t believe this. – Because she’s contagious, | -真不敢相信 -因为她现在具有传染性 |
[13:53] | we’re moving both of you to a quarantined medical facility. | 我们要把你俩都转移到隔离的医疗机构观察 |
[13:57] | She’s gonna be okay, right? | 她不会有事的 对吗 |
[13:58] | We’ll do everything we can to get her through it, but… | 我们会尽力帮她度过非常时期 但… |
[14:01] | she is going to get very sick over the next few days. | 在接下来的几天里她会病得很重 |
[14:16] | How can there be no treatment? | 怎么会没有治疗措施 |
[14:18] | The virus just has to run its course? | 让病毒顺其自然吗 |
[14:20] | – I mean, what is that? – I don’t know. | -这是什么治疗手段 -我不清楚 |
[14:22] | I can’t imagine. | 无法想象 |
[14:23] | – Poor Daisy. – Joanna had | -可怜的黛西 -乔安娜 |
[14:24] | the first immunization– that’s got to help, right? | 第一次接种的疫苗应该还有用 对吧 |
[14:27] | Let’s hope. | 但愿吧 |
[14:28] | Hey. Well, just got confirmation | 刚才确认了 |
[14:31] | of the outbreak in the Philippines. | 菲律宾国内的疫情 |
[14:32] | All I had to do was threaten | 我只是拿援助物资 |
[14:33] | his aid package and arms deals. | 和军火协议威胁了一下 |
[14:35] | Actually, Andrada is blaming | 事实上 安德拉达公开地 |
[14:36] | the outbreak on the recent climate migrants. Publicly. | 把这场疫情归咎于气候移民上 |
[14:39] | Oh, and now Australia is pulling out of the roundtable. | 现在澳大利亚打算退出圆桌会议 |
[14:40] | Because… | 因为… |
[14:42] | migrants have measles. | 移民有麻疹 |
[14:45] | Okay, here he is. | 听他怎么说 |
[14:46] | We took these people in because we wanted to help. | 我们接纳了这些人是因为我们愿意伸出援手 |
[14:50] | They repaid us with measles. | 而他们用麻疹来报答我们 |
[14:52] | – Oh, this guy. – The U.N. demands that we bring in | -这家伙 -联合国命令我国接纳 |
[14:54] | these so-called “Climate migrants” into our countries. | 这些所谓的”气候移民” |
[14:58] | But does that mean we have to accept their crime… | 难道我们要一并接纳他们的罪行… |
[15:02] | their disease? | 和病毒吗 |
[15:05] | Okay, well, Andrada’s single-handedly tanking | 这下好了 安德拉达凭一己之力 |
[15:07] | this whole agreement, | 就让这个协议付之东流 |
[15:08] | and without Australia there’s no deal. | 澳大利亚不加入协议就免谈 |
[15:09] | Hard to know what’s worse, | 麻疹和恐外症 |
[15:11] | the measles or the xenophobia? | 很难说哪个更糟 |
[15:13] | Can you get me Lawson’s schedule? | 你能给我劳森的时间表吗 |
[15:14] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[15:16] | Back to work. | 回去工作 |
[15:20] | Smells really good. | 真香 |
[15:21] | I was expecting you and Will to be having some kind of… | 我还以为你和威尔会来个 |
[15:24] | sad bachelor meal. | 悲惨单身汉晚餐 |
[15:27] | Nope. Nothing but gourmet. | 才不呢 这只有美食佳肴 |
[15:28] | Sorry to disappoint. | 抱歉让你失望了 |
[15:29] | – Is he around? – Uh, I haven’t seen him. | -他在吗 -我最近没见过他 |
[15:32] | Why? What’s up? | 干嘛 怎么了 |
[15:34] | Oh, God. | 哦老天 |
[15:37] | So, you know that dating app | 你知道那个约会软件吗 |
[15:39] | – that I’m on? – Still? | -我用的那个 -还在用 |
[15:42] | Look who I saw on there today. | 你猜我今天在上面看到谁了 |
[15:48] | Yeah. Whoa. | 谁 哇 |
[15:50] | Right? What is he thinking? | 是他吧 他在想什么 |
[15:52] | What is he wearing? | 他穿的什么 |
[15:53] | He looks like a Danish veterinarian. | 像个丹麦兽医 |
[15:55] | I guess that’s… how you dress when you’re | 我猜你在超级悠闲喜爱傻笑时 |
[15:57] | “Super laid-back and love to laugh.” | 就会这么穿 |
[15:59] | Who is he? | 他怎么了 |
[16:01] | – I mean… – We have to do something, right? | -我是说… -我们得做点什么 对吧 |
[16:02] | – I mean, he can’t be on there. – Honey, | -他不能出现在那玩意上 -亲爱的 |
[16:04] | he’s a grown man. | 他是大人了 |
[16:06] | Come on. Mom would kill him. | 得了吧 妈会宰了他 |
[16:08] | Well, the benefit of Mom being out of town | 你妈出远门的好处 |
[16:10] | is there’s less murder in the house. | 就是这个屋子少了个杀手 |
[16:14] | If someone shows this to Aunt Sophie, | 如果有人给苏菲舅妈看了这个 |
[16:17] | which they totally could, | 他们完全有可能这么做 |
[16:20] | any chance of them working it out is done. | 他俩重归于好的希望就没了 |
[16:23] | And we’re stuck with Will in the basement. | 威尔就会在我们的地下室一直住下去 |
[16:25] | I’m just saying. | 说说而已 |
[16:30] | I’m not saying Australia’s pulling out of the deal. | 我没有说澳大利亚要退出协议 |
[16:32] | I just want to wait until we know more | 我只想先搞清楚 |
[16:34] | about the origin of this outbreak. | 这场疫情的源头在哪 |
[16:35] | Even though the WHO has no evidence | 就算世卫组织没有证据证明 |
[16:37] | linking measles to any migrants? | 麻疹与移民有关 |
[16:39] | Well, they don’t know where it came from. | 世卫组织也不知道病毒从哪来 |
[16:41] | It seems a vast increase in illegal migrants | 看来只有来自所罗门群岛的 |
[16:44] | from the Solomon Islands is an entirely likely explanation. | 骤增的非法移民才能解释这一切 |
[16:47] | Really? So now we’re making international policy | 当真 这么说我们现在不需要事实根据 |
[16:49] | based on what seems likely? | 就能制定国际政策 |
[16:51] | I can’t sell a migrant deal to my people with this… | 只要有疾病的瘴气笼罩着 |
[16:54] | miasma of disease hanging over it. | 我对民众兜售不了这份协议 |
[16:56] | Let’s just… | 我们先 |
[16:57] | table this until your boss gets back. | 搁置一下 等你的老板回来再说 |
[16:59] | Shall we? | 好吗 |
[17:01] | So, if we find conclusive proof that the migrants | 如果我们找到结论性的证据证明 |
[17:03] | aren’t the source of the outbreak, | 移民不是疫情的源头 |
[17:04] | – you’re back at the table? – Well, as I said, | -你会回来谈判吗 -我说过了 |
[17:06] | double the current number of work-stay visas, | 你们把现在的工作签证翻一倍 |
[17:08] | and that’s an offer I’ll consider. | 我就会重新考虑 |
[17:10] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[17:12] | “Miasma of disease”? | “疾病的瘴气” |
[17:15] | China and Russia just pulled out. | 中国和俄罗斯退出了 |
[17:16] | Damn it, this whole thing’s falling apart. | 见鬼 协议要散架了 |
[17:18] | Jay, they only had one toe in to begin with. | 杰伊 他们不过先起了个头罢了 |
[17:20] | Listen, l-let me just try to hold on to everyone else | 把澳大利亚争取过来 与此同时 |
[17:22] | while we get Australia back. Okay? | 让我先稳住其他人 好吗 |
[17:24] | Look, if we can prove the migrants aren’t the source | 如果我们可以证明 |
[17:26] | – of the outbreak, that will… – Hang on. | -移民不是疫情的源头… -等等 |
[17:28] | I think I may have a contact I can try. | 我可能有个路子 |
[17:29] | I just have to see | 但我得先问问 |
[17:31] | if she’s still in the Ministry of Health in the Philippines. | 她是否还在菲律宾卫生部工作 |
[17:35] | I thought that was you. | 我一看就知道是你 |
[17:37] | Tara, oh, my God. | 塔拉 哦老天 |
[17:39] | How did you know we were here? | 你怎么知道我们在这 |
[17:40] | We’re here, too. Right across the hall. | 我们也被留下了 就在走廊对面 |
[17:42] | Oh, no. Lyric? | 不是吧 丽瑞克 |
[17:43] | They quarantined our flight as soon as we landed. | 飞机一落地 他们就隔离了整个航班的人 |
[17:45] | I thought she had a cold. | 我以为她只是感冒了 |
[17:46] | Yeah, Joanna started with the same symptoms. | 乔安娜刚开始也是这个症状 |
[17:49] | Can’t believe we just have to wait it out. | 真不敢相信我们只能干等着 |
[17:51] | At least we can get through it together. | 我们最终会一起克服的 |
[17:53] | What are the odds | 怎么回事 |
[17:53] | that two vaccinated kids get the measles? | 两个接种过疫苗的孩子得了麻疹 |
[17:56] | See? | 你看 |
[17:58] | You can stop beating yourself up. | 不要再自责了 |
[17:59] | She might’ve gotten sick anyway. | 她怎么样都有可能生病 |
[18:01] | Oh, you guys didn’t…? | 你们不会… |
[18:02] | Not the MMR. | 没有接种麻腮风三联疫苗 |
[18:04] | Medical reasons? | 医学原因吗 |
[18:04] | Philosophical. | 哲学原因 |
[18:06] | – I never thought she’d be exposed. – I guess the way | -我从来没想过她会被感染 -我认为 |
[18:08] | it works is, three out of every hundred people or so | 它的传播方式是 每一百人中约三人会被感染 |
[18:10] | can still get infected even if they’ve had the full MMR. | 即使他们接种了完整的麻腮风疫苗 |
[18:14] | But if everybody gets vaccinated, | 但如果每个人都接种疫苗 |
[18:15] | then those people are protected by herd immunity. | 他们就会受到群体免疫的保护 |
[18:18] | It only works when enough people immunize. | 它只有在足够多人有免疫力时才发挥作用 |
[18:27] | Francine, hi. | 弗朗辛 你好 |
[18:29] | Oh, looks like we… | 看起来… |
[18:30] | caught you at home? | 你在家吗 |
[18:31] | Ah, still living the glamorous life of public service. | 还过着公务员迷人的生活 |
[18:34] | Look at you at the State Department. | 看看你 在国务院 |
[18:37] | She throw any furniture yet? | 她扔过家具吗 |
[18:39] | We’re keeping her very happy. | 我们让她很开心 |
[18:40] | All right, all right. | 行了 |
[18:41] | So listen, this measles outbreak. | 这次麻疹爆发 |
[18:43] | Your president is accusing migrants | 你们总统控诉所罗门群岛的移民 |
[18:45] | from the Solomon Islands of bringing it into the Philippines. | 把病毒带进了菲律宾 |
[18:48] | Does that match what, uh, you’re seeing | 这跟你在卫生部 |
[18:51] | at the Department of Health? | 了解到的情况相符吗 |
[18:52] | If that is President Andrada’s position… | 如果那是安德拉达总统的立场… |
[18:55] | Fran, look, a deal that we’re working on is at risk. | 弗朗 我们在推动的协议岌岌可危 |
[18:59] | Can you… can you give me any proof? | 你能给我一些证据吗 |
[19:00] | The migrant population has been difficult to track. | 移民人口很难追踪 |
[19:03] | Well, if you could allow | 如果你能让 |
[19:04] | the World Health Organization access, then, | 世界卫生组织介入 |
[19:06] | to do its own surveillance… | 让他们自行监测… |
[19:08] | I’ll have to get back to you about that. | 我回头再答复你们 |
[19:10] | It’s time-sensitive. | 这件事对时间很敏感 |
[19:11] | I mean, even just the locations | 即使是最近的爆发地点 |
[19:13] | of the most recent outbreaks would be helpful… | 也会有所帮助… |
[19:15] | It was good to talk to you. I’ll let you know. | 很高兴跟你们聊天 我会再答复你们 |
[19:17] | Fran, Francine, um, how old is Jaslene now? | 弗朗 弗朗辛 贾丝林多大了 |
[19:20] | Oh, she’s four. | 她四岁了 |
[19:21] | Wow. My kid Desi just turned four. | 我女儿德西刚满四岁 |
[19:25] | And, uh, our press secretary’s daughter Joanna, | 我们新闻主管的女儿乔安娜 |
[19:28] | um, is almost two, | 快两岁了 |
[19:31] | and she was on the Sea Foam Voyager. | 她当时在浪花航行者号上 |
[19:33] | She’s one of the nine kids who have been infected so far. | 她是目前被感染的九个孩子之一 |
[19:38] | Fran… not knowing the full story of the outbreak | 弗朗 不查清楚菲律宾 |
[19:41] | in the Philippines… | 麻疹爆发的原委 |
[19:43] | it puts all our kids at risk. | 我们的孩子都有危险 |
[19:45] | Are you seriously using my daughter | 你真的要利用我的女儿 |
[19:47] | to put pressure on me? | 来向我施压吗 |
[19:49] | Shame on you, Kat. | 真可耻 凯特 |
[19:52] | Well, that took a turn. | 180度大转变 |
[19:57] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[19:59] | Look. Look. | 快看 |
[20:01] | That… | 这… |
[20:03] | is a map of the outbreak. | 是麻疹爆发的地图 |
[20:07] | Love me some Fran. | 爱死弗朗了 |
[20:13] | Hey. You going out? | 要出门吗 |
[20:14] | Yeah, trying a new restaurant in Dupont Circle. | 是啊 去尝尝杜邦圈的一家新餐厅 |
[20:19] | Hey, man to man… | 以男人的眼光看… |
[20:21] | is this… | 这顶… |
[20:23] | is the beanie too much? | 小便帽夸张吗 |
[20:26] | Is that what you call it? | 你是这么叫它的吗 |
[20:27] | Going Socratic on me, so that’s a yes. | 苏格拉底式问答 那就是肯定了 |
[20:31] | What restaurant? | 什么餐厅 |
[20:32] | Some locavore thing. | 本土菜 |
[20:35] | Go ahead. | 有话直说吧 |
[20:36] | What? I totally support locavore. | 什么 我完全支持本土菜 |
[20:38] | Yeah, I’m really feeling the… | 我确实感受到了… |
[20:39] | – the warmth of non-judgment. – Okay. | -不加评判的温暖 -好吧 |
[20:43] | Do you really need me to say it? | 你真的要我说吗 |
[20:45] | You moved out less than two weeks ago… | 你搬出来才不到两个星期 |
[20:46] | isn’t it a little early | 就上交友软件 |
[20:47] | to be on a dating app? | 会不会太快了点 |
[20:49] | What, are you tracking me online? | 什么 你在网上追踪我吗 |
[20:51] | Stevie saw you on there. | 斯蒂芬在上面看到你了 |
[20:53] | And other people could, too. | 其他人也会看到的 |
[20:55] | I mean… Sophie could find out. | 苏菲会发现的 |
[20:57] | How do you think that would make her feel? | 你觉得她会怎么想 |
[20:58] | She’d feel like we’re moving on. | 她会觉得我们都展开新生活了 |
[21:00] | Because you’ve mutually decided that’s the next step. | 因为你们双方都决定那是下一步了 |
[21:02] | You know, I thought, with my sister out of town, | 我以为我姐姐出城了 |
[21:06] | that I might not feel so judged. | 我会少一点被评判的感觉 |
[21:08] | It’s not judgment, Will, I’m just concerned. | 这不是评判 威尔 我是关心你 |
[21:10] | I mean, don’t you want to take a minute | 你不想花点时间 |
[21:13] | to figure yourself out? | 理清自己的思绪吗 |
[21:14] | That’s exactly what I’m doing. | 这正是我在做的 |
[21:16] | Really? | 是吗 |
[21:19] | You know, I asked for your opinion. | 我征求了你的意见 |
[21:23] | So thank you. | 所以谢谢你 |
[21:27] | Well, she walks away from the laptop, only the laptop | 她从笔记本电脑前走开 而笔记本电脑 |
[21:29] | is facing the map of the outbreak, | 正对着麻疹爆发的地图 |
[21:31] | – I screen-grab it, send it to WHO. – That’s great. | -我截屏发送给了世界卫生组织 -太好了 |
[21:33] | – And then based on… – Good morning. | -然后根据… -早上好 |
[21:35] | – Good morning. – I get the latte? | -早上好 -给我的拿铁吗 |
[21:37] | – Full service. – You know what? | -全套服务 -知道吗 |
[21:38] | That’s for working a miracle. | 为你创造的奇迹 |
[21:39] | Wow. Who says public service doesn’t pay? | 谁说为人民服务没有回报的 |
[21:42] | So, anyway, um, so, based on where the outbreak started… | 所以 根据爆发地点 |
[21:45] | a beach town called El Nido… | 一座叫埃尔尼多的海滨城市 |
[21:47] | WHO was able to pinpoint when it started: | 世界卫生组织能够准确地查出它从何时开始爆发 |
[21:49] | right after a tour group of… wait for it… | 从一个旅行团离开该城市以后… 等一下… |
[21:52] | Australians left town. | 澳大利亚旅行团 |
[21:53] | Plot twist. | 剧情反转 |
[21:54] | Wait, so Patient Zero for the Philippines outbreak | 等等 所以菲律宾麻疹爆发的第一感染源 |
[21:56] | was an Australian citizen? | 是澳大利亚公民 |
[21:57] | A toddler, actually. | 其实是一个刚会走路的孩子 |
[21:58] | A family on the tour group hadn’t vaccinated. | 旅行团里没有接种过疫苗的一家人 |
[22:01] | Which means we have proof that the migrants aren’t, | 也就是说我们有证据证明移民并不是 |
[22:03] | – aren’t the source of the outbreak. – Yes. | -麻疹爆发的源头 -没错 |
[22:04] | When does the Australian delegation leave? | 澳大利亚代表团什么时候离开 |
[22:05] | Uh, like, now. | 现在 |
[22:09] | Call AFDW. Ground the plane. | 打电话给华盛顿空军防区 别让飞机起飞 |
[22:11] | The WHO still has work to do, but clearly | 世界卫生组织的调查还没结束 但显然 |
[22:13] | the outbreak didn’t come from | 麻疹爆发不是 |
[22:14] | the Solomon Islands migrants, | 所罗门群岛的移民引起的 |
[22:15] | which means we can get back to the table on this deal. | 这意味着我们可以重新讨论这个协定 |
[22:18] | I’ll need to follow up with | 我需要跟卫生部 |
[22:19] | my Department of Health about this. | 确认这件事 |
[22:20] | But thank you. | 但是谢谢你 |
[22:23] | Mr. Prime Minister, I get it. | 总理先生 我理解 |
[22:25] | The White House was attacked over immigration reform. | 白宫在移民改革问题上被攻击 |
[22:27] | This isn’t an easy conversation for any of us. | 这对我们任何一方来说都不是轻松的会谈 |
[22:29] | But the problem isn’t going away. | 但问题不会自行消失 |
[22:33] | I want to help you. | 我想帮你 |
[22:37] | I also want to stay in office. | 我也想继续任职 |
[22:40] | I know you’ve got anti-immigration hardliners | 我知道反移民强硬派 |
[22:42] | calling for your head, | 在向你施压 |
[22:44] | but… is the job more important | 但… 这份工作 |
[22:47] | than standing up for what’s right? | 比维护正义来得重要吗 |
[22:50] | I realize you’re only trying to channel | 我知道你只是想传达 |
[22:52] | what your superior might say, | 你的上级可能会说的话 |
[22:54] | so I’ll ask you to pass this on to her. | 所以我希望你把话转达给她 |
[22:59] | There are times when a leader | 有时候领导人 |
[23:00] | must be willing to make decisions | 必须愿意做出对他的人民 |
[23:02] | that are best for his people, | 最有利的决定 |
[23:04] | even when that doesn’t align with his moral sensibilities. | 即使有悖于他的道德情感 |
[23:10] | Like covering up a measles outbreak | 就像掩盖麻疹爆发的真相 |
[23:12] | to protect your tourism industry? | 来保护你们的旅游业 |
[23:16] | Due respect. | 恕我直言 |
[23:20] | Whether or not this outbreak originated in my country | 这次麻疹爆发是否起源于我国 |
[23:22] | is as yet unproven. | 还未经证实 |
[23:24] | What we have ample proof of | 但我们有充分的证据 |
[23:26] | is that your growing unvaccinated population | 证明你们日益增长的未接种疫苗人口 |
[23:28] | has put us all at risk of a global pandemic. | 把我们所有人都置于全球性流行病的危险边缘 |
[23:33] | Before you counsel me | 在你劝我 |
[23:35] | on standing up for what’s right, | 维护正义之前 |
[23:38] | I suggest you look to your own house. | 我建议你做好自己的事情 |
[23:46] | Code blue, Pediatric Room 3. | 3号儿科室 急救 |
[23:49] | Code blue… | 急救… |
[23:49] | What’s happening? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 发生什么事了 |
[23:50] | Ms. Grant. | 格兰特女士 |
[23:51] | Her oxygen levels have dropped below 80. | 她的血氧饱和度已经降至80以下 |
[23:53] | Is she okay? What are you doing? | 她没事吧 你们在做什么 |
[23:54] | She’s in acute respiratory distress. | 她现在处于急性呼吸窘迫 |
[23:55] | We need to do an emergency intubation. | 我们需要进行紧急插管 |
[23:56] | That’s my baby girl. | 救救我的小宝贝 |
[23:58] | And we are going to do everything that we can. | 我们正在尽全力抢救 |
[24:07] | Stylet. | 导管 |
[24:09] | Ready. | 就绪 |
[24:28] | Hey. How’s she doing? | 她情况如何 |
[24:30] | Stable. For now. | 暂时稳定 |
[24:34] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[24:35] | I mean, none-none of this is good. | 我的意思是 这些当然都不是好事 |
[24:38] | You know what I’m saying. | 你懂我的意思吧 |
[24:41] | My mother had measles growing up. | 我母亲小时候患过麻疹 |
[24:43] | There’s a picture of her in her crib, | 有一张照片是她全身都是疹子 |
[24:45] | covered in a rash. | 躺在婴儿床上 |
[24:48] | She was sick for a few days and that was it. | 她病了几天 自己就恢复了 |
[24:52] | I knew it was a dangerous disease, | 我知道这个病很危险 |
[24:54] | that kids could die from it, | 对孩子可能是致命的 |
[24:57] | but I also knew that measles was eradicated | 但我也知道在2000年的时候 |
[24:59] | in the U.S. back in 2000. | 麻疹在美国就已经灭绝 |
[25:02] | And there were all these articles | 之前又有很多文章 |
[25:03] | about possible harm from vaccines, | 论述疫苗可能带来的危害 |
[25:05] | and then a study saying there was no proof. | 然后又有研究说没有相关证据 |
[25:08] | And then you read another article and y-you… | 然后又有新的文章出来 我 |
[25:10] | I mean, you don’t know what to think. | 我不知道该信谁 |
[25:13] | And we weren’t the only ones. | 也不是只有我家孩子没有接种 |
[25:16] | Lots of parents at Lyric’s preschool | 丽瑞克就读的那所学前学校里 |
[25:19] | didn’t vaccinate. | 很多家长都没有给孩子接种疫苗 |
[25:21] | You know, I-I thought she was strong. | 我以为她够强壮 |
[25:24] | She could fight it like my mom did. | 她可以像我母亲一样抵抗它 |
[25:30] | And that I was protecting her. | 我以为我是在保护她 |
[25:34] | Now she has encephalitis. | 现在她患了脑炎 |
[25:37] | They’re saying she could be blind. | 医生说她可能会失明 |
[25:41] | Or worse. | 还可能更严重 |
[25:47] | I know you think I’m a fool. | 我知道你觉得我很傻 |
[25:48] | No, hey. Hey. | 不是的 别担心 |
[25:50] | We’re gonna get our girls through this. | 孩子们都会挺过来的 |
[26:03] | Look, I know it’s hard. | 我知道大家都不容易 |
[26:05] | We’re all worried about Joanna, | 我们都很担心乔安娜 |
[26:06] | but even Daisy would want us to keep doing our jobs. | 但是连黛西都希望我们别分心 |
[26:10] | We’ve got a roundtable to salvage, | 我们还有一个圆桌会议需要搞定 |
[26:11] | so where are we on that? | 那边情况怎么样 |
[26:13] | Uh, I don’t know how salvageable it is. | 我不知道还救不救得了 |
[26:14] | Three more countries pulled out. | 又有三个国家退出了 |
[26:16] | And U.N. High Commissioner Rubiano thinks | 联合国高级官员露比阿诺认为 |
[26:18] | that we should try again in a few years. | 我们应该过几年再尝试 |
[26:20] | By 2050, there’s estimated to be | 到2050年 预计全球将会有 |
[26:22] | a billion climate migrants worldwide. | 十亿气候移民 |
[26:25] | Not having a plan for what to do with them… | 不提前制定好安置计划 |
[26:27] | that, that-that makes total sense, that’s good. | 完全没问题 很棒 |
[26:29] | We have to get Australia back on board. | 必须让澳大利亚回到谈判桌上 |
[26:30] | If Lawson gets ousted, he’ll most likely | 如果劳森下台 他的继任者 |
[26:32] | be replaced by an anti-immigration hardliner. | 很可能是个反对移民的强硬派 |
[26:34] | And then we’re dead in the water. | 那这事就彻底没戏了 |
[26:35] | They are the country of origin | 他们是这次大型全球疫情 |
[26:37] | for a massive global outbreak. | 爆发的始发国 |
[26:38] | We… w-we could… | 我们 可以 |
[26:41] | We could issue a State Department travel warning | 我们可以以国务院的名义 |
[26:45] | against visiting Australia. | 发布赴澳旅行警示 |
[26:47] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[26:48] | It’s peak surfing season… | 现在正是冲浪旺季 |
[26:49] | A travel warning would threaten | 旅行警示会影响到 |
[26:51] | their entire tourism industry. | 他们整个旅游行业 |
[26:52] | And no one would blame him for coming back. | 而且他回到谈判中来 也不会有人责怪 |
[26:54] | It’s the right approach, but, uh, | 这个方法好 但是 |
[26:56] | I don’t want to get into a finger-pointing match | 我不想到时大家互相指责 |
[26:57] | as to whose unvaccinated population | 是由于哪国没有普及疫苗接种 |
[26:59] | is more to blame for the outbreak. | 导致的这次疫情爆发 |
[27:00] | Yeah. We don’t have much of a position there, do we? | 我们在这个问题上没有什么指责的立场 |
[27:02] | Well, no, hold on. | 等等 |
[27:03] | We could take out the warning part, | 我们可以删除警示内容 |
[27:04] | and just publicize that the outbreak originated | 只对外公布 疫情是由 |
[27:07] | with an Australian citizen and not the migrants. | 澳大利亚公民传播开来的 而不是移民 |
[27:09] | Yeah. It’ll piss ’em off… | 这样肯定会激怒他们 |
[27:11] | but less than an official travel warning. | 但也比官方旅行警示要好 |
[27:13] | Might be enough to get ’em back to D.C. | 可能足够把他们叫回来开会了 |
[27:15] | Okay, do it. | 行 就这么做 |
[27:16] | And, Kat, once the news breaks, start making calls. | 凯特 新闻放出去之后就打电话联络 |
[27:18] | Let’s try to get every Pacific leader | 尽量让所有太平洋国家 |
[27:20] | back at the table. | 都回到谈判桌上来 |
[27:21] | Excuse me. It’s time for the White House meeting. | 抱歉打扰了 该去白宫开会了 |
[27:23] | Start with Andrada in the Philippines. | 就从菲律宾的安德拉达开始 |
[27:28] | We’re looking at 85 confirmed cases so far, 37 in the U.S. | 目前已经确认85例 其中美国37例 |
[27:32] | Over the coming weeks, | 在未来几周之内 |
[27:33] | that number could rise well into the hundreds. | 很有可能增加到数百例 |
[27:35] | But thanks to the tip from State | 幸亏有了国务院的线索 |
[27:37] | that led us to the point of origin, | 目前已经找到爆发源 |
[27:39] | we’re finally getting a handle | 我们终于控制住了 |
[27:40] | on the global scope of the outbreak. | 全球疫情爆发的范围 |
[27:41] | That’s good news. | 这是好事 |
[27:42] | Yes, but no. | 没错 但也不完全是 |
[27:44] | Sir, as a nation, we have high vaccination coverage. | 总统先生 美国的疫苗接种率非常高 |
[27:47] | That’s what saved us. | 正是这一点拯救了我们 |
[27:48] | But in five years, | 但是在未来五年中 |
[27:50] | if the vaccinated population continues to drop below 90%, | 如果接种比率持续下降至90%以下 |
[27:55] | like it already has | 目前美国境内 |
[27:56] | in, uh, over a dozen small communities in the U.S., | 有十几个社区 这一比率已经不足90% |
[28:01] | we’ll lose our herd immunity. | 如果趋势持续 群体免疫就会失效 |
[28:02] | And then we’ll be back | 我们就会回到 |
[28:04] | to the full-blown pandemics of a century ago. | 一个世纪以前 完全受疫情支配的状态 |
[28:07] | Sounds to me like someone’s pushing policy change. | 这话听着像是有人想推进政策变革 |
[28:09] | Well, no one is disputing the need for a response. | 没有人否认 我们需要做出应对 |
[28:12] | Just not a response | 只是这一应对中 |
[28:13] | that includes the word “Mandatory.” | 并不包括”强制”一词 |
[28:14] | Which is why the question becomes | 这也是为什么现在 |
[28:16] | how to keep everyone safe | 这一问题变成了如何在 |
[28:17] | without violating civil liberties. | 不侵犯公民自由的前提下保护民众安全 |
[28:19] | We legislated seat belts… | 我们立法强制要求系安全带 |
[28:20] | how many lives did that save? | 这拯救了多少人的生命 |
[28:22] | Forcing every citizen | 强制每一个公民 |
[28:23] | to be injected with a substance they might not want | 注射他们可能不想要的物质 |
[28:25] | is a lot more complicated than buckling a seat belt. | 可比系安全带复杂多了 |
[28:28] | If it were up to me, | 如果决定权在我手上 |
[28:29] | immunization would be mandatory. | 我就要求强制接种 |
[28:31] | Unless you had some documented medical exception. | 除非符合明文规定的医疗例外条件 |
[28:34] | But politics i-is the art of the possible. | 但政治就是 关于可能性的艺术 |
[28:37] | We’re wading into much deeper waters here. | 这事的水很深 |
[28:40] | States’ rights alone | 各州只要凭法定权益 |
[28:41] | would kill it in committee. | 就可以在委员会上把这个提案否决 |
[28:42] | People forget what it was like | 大家都忘了 |
[28:43] | to pray your child wasn’t paralyzed, | 心惊胆战地祈祷孩子不会在五岁之前 |
[28:45] | disfigured, or dead by their fifth birthday. | 瘫痪 毁容 或夭折的日子了 |
[28:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:51] | So what can we do? | 现在怎么办 |
[28:52] | The research shows | 研究显示 |
[28:53] | that most parents opt out of immunizing | 家长选择不接种疫苗 |
[28:55] | for a couple of reasons. | 主要有几个原因 |
[28:56] | Misinformation being the biggest. | 虚假信息所占比例最大 |
[28:58] | Well, that’s the thing about democracy. | 这是民主带来的问题 |
[29:00] | People are free to consume | 民众有根据自己意愿 |
[29:01] | as much misinformation as they want. | 选择接收虚假消息的自由 |
[29:03] | Access is another problem, | 可获取性是另一个问题 |
[29:05] | especially for the uninsured and the underinsured. | 尤其是未投保或者保额不足的人 |
[29:07] | Some states have free vaccination programs. | 有些州提供免费疫苗接种 |
[29:10] | In others, non-profits slip in. | 在另一些州 非营利组织介入 |
[29:11] | Not all states have options for everyone. | 并不是全部的州都覆盖了全民 |
[29:13] | Considering how important this is | 疫苗接种对于公共卫生 |
[29:15] | for public health and national security even, | 甚至国家安全都至关重要 |
[29:18] | shouldn’t vaccines be something that’s free for all? | 难道接种疫苗不应该全民免费吗 |
[29:21] | Maybe we could implement a federal program | 或许可以推出一项联邦计划 |
[29:24] | to provide money and tax credits | 向免费提供疫苗接种的 |
[29:25] | to non-profits and other health providers | 非营利组织和其他健康服务供应商 |
[29:28] | for free vaccinations. | 提供拨款或是税收抵免 |
[29:29] | And you think that this would help | 你觉得这样能 |
[29:30] | increase vaccination rates? | 提升疫苗接种率吗 |
[29:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:32] | Federal funding could definitely expand | 联邦拨款绝对可以增加 |
[29:34] | the pool of vaccinated people in this country. | 本国接种人群数量 |
[29:37] | Well, this needs to be passed by Congress, | 这需要提交国会审议通过 |
[29:39] | so let’s dig into these options | 我们再深入了解一下这些可能的措施 |
[29:41] | and start putting together some, uh, proposals, huh? | 准备一些提案 好吧 |
[29:43] | If you were looking for a more immediate plan, | 如果你想要一个迅速起效的方案 |
[29:45] | this ain’t it. | 这肯定不行 |
[29:45] | It’ll make a difference. | 但这能带来巨大的改变 |
[29:47] | It’s just too bad that it will do nothing | 这个方案不能打击虚假消息的传播 |
[29:49] | to combat the spread of misinformation. | 这太遗憾了 |
[29:51] | Because the biggest problem | 现在最大的问题是 |
[29:52] | is our public’s eroding faith in science and our institutions. | 公众对于科学和官方机构的信任度持续降低 |
[29:56] | That’s what scares me the most. | 这才是最让我害怕的 |
[29:57] | Well, let’s keep looking at how to address that, hmm? | 我们需要继续关注这一问题该如何解决 |
[29:59] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢大家 |
[30:07] | – Hey. – How’s it going? | -你好 -进展如何 |
[30:09] | Good. | 很好 |
[30:10] | I’m starving. Is there anything to eat? | 我饿死了 有什么吃的吗 |
[30:14] | Rice and vegetables, I think, in the fridge. | 冰箱里有米饭和蔬菜 |
[30:16] | Great. Thanks. | 好的 谢了 |
[30:18] | So, um, you… | 所以 你… |
[30:22] | You didn’t eat, uh, where you were? | 你没吃饭吗 你去哪了 |
[30:27] | For a family of spies, | 对于一个间谍家庭来说 |
[30:28] | you people are terrible at prying into my private life. | 你们这些人很难窥探我的私生活 |
[30:31] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[30:32] | You did kind of put it out there | 但你算是自己都写出来了 |
[30:34] | when you posted a profile | 就在你在我正在用的 |
[30:36] | on, uh, the dating app that I’m on. | 约会应用程序上发布个人资料的时候 |
[30:40] | Can we also talk about how your age range | 我们能谈谈为什么你可接受的年龄范围 |
[30:42] | goes down to 23? | 低到23岁吗 |
[30:44] | Yeah, I had a date, and I cut it short | 是的 我去约了个会 我把时间缩短了 |
[30:49] | to go home, check on my daughter. | 以便能回家看看我女儿 |
[30:51] | Oh, is she okay? | 她没事吧 |
[30:54] | Yeah, yeah, sh-she’s fine. | 是的 是的 她很好 |
[30:55] | Just a little fever, but with all the measles stuff, | 只是有点发烧 但由于现在麻疹的问题 |
[30:59] | – Sophie just wanted to be sure. – Yeah. | -苏菲只是想确定一下 -是啊 |
[31:02] | I’m glad that she has you to reach out to. | 她能有你帮忙真好 |
[31:05] | – Yeah. – I’m sorry… | -是啊 -很抱歉… |
[31:08] | About your date being cut short. | 你的约会被缩短了 |
[31:10] | Well, it turns out dating is as horrible as I remember it. | 事实证明约会和我记忆中的一样可怕 |
[31:20] | This must be the party room. | 大家玩得都挺累啊 |
[31:21] | You try coming up with a way to get through to parents | 你来试试想办法跟拒绝 |
[31:23] | who refuse to vaccinate their kids, | 给孩子接种疫苗的父母沟通 |
[31:25] | and see if you don’t party this hard. | 看看你能不能轻松过 |
[31:26] | I struck out on getting anyone to come back to the table | 而我则困于让任何一个人回到 |
[31:28] | for the Climate Migration Agreement. | 气候移民协议的谈判桌上 |
[31:30] | Not one country? | 一个国家都没有吗 |
[31:32] | Even after the news | 即使在澳大利亚爆发的 |
[31:33] | that the outbreak started in Australia? | 新闻之后都没有吗 |
[31:36] | Can’t shake the original news | 无法撼动把疫情爆发 |
[31:37] | linking the outbreak to the migrants. | 扣到移民头上的原始新闻 |
[31:39] | I guess people want to see the face of disease | 我想人们希望看到的疾病的面容 |
[31:40] | as a desperate refugee | 是一个绝望的难民 |
[31:42] | rather than a privileged Australian tourist. | 而不是有特权的澳大利亚游客 |
[31:45] | That is so not helping my headache. | 这对我的头痛一点帮助都没有 |
[31:47] | Well, neither will this. | 好吧 这个消息也帮不到你 |
[31:48] | Australia is sending | 澳大利亚正在遣返 |
[31:51] | all of their current climate migrants | 目前所有的气候移民 |
[31:52] | back to their home islands. | 回到他们的家乡 |
[31:55] | I’m so sorry, Jay. | 我很遗憾 杰伊 |
[32:08] | Hey. What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[32:09] | Making sure you two aren’t eating | 确保你们俩不用吃 |
[32:11] | out of a vending machine. | 自动售货机里的东西 |
[32:12] | Hi, Verline. | 你好 韦琳 |
[32:13] | Matthew. | 马修 |
[32:15] | Just when I think I made up my mind about you. | 我正好在想你呢 |
[32:18] | It’s good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[32:21] | – Got it, honey. – Okay. | -拿好 亲爱的 -好的 |
[32:26] | I’ll set this up in the dining room. | 我去餐厅里把这些摆好 |
[32:31] | Oh, gosh. | 天哪 |
[32:35] | She still calls me Matthew. | 她仍然叫我马修 |
[32:36] | She calls you other things, too. | 她叫你的名字可多了 |
[32:38] | – How’s Waffles? – He’s great. | -华夫怎么样 -他很好 |
[32:40] | He’s with my landlord right now. | 他现在和我的房东在一起 |
[32:42] | But, man, is he ready to see you. | 但是他能和你见面了吗 |
[32:44] | Waffles, not my landlord. | 华夫 不是我的房东 |
[32:46] | God. | 天 |
[32:47] | Which might be, uh, pretty-pretty soon, right? | 应该不用很久了吧 |
[32:49] | They took her off the ventilator an hour ago. | 他们一小时前把她的呼吸机撤了 |
[32:52] | Her antibody levels were low, | 她的抗体水平很低 |
[32:53] | but she had enough to slow down the virus | 但减缓病毒的量还是够的 |
[32:56] | until she could fight it off. | 直到她能战胜它 |
[32:58] | Thank God she was vaccinated. | 谢天谢地她接种了疫苗 |
[33:01] | That couple I met on the cruise, | 我在游轮上认识的那对夫妇 |
[33:03] | they didn’t give their daughter the MMR shot. | 他们没有给女儿打麻腮风三联疫苗 |
[33:05] | I mean, the mother’s just killing herself with guilt. | 妈妈现在无比内疚 |
[33:08] | You think she might want to do something about it? | 你觉得她会不会想做点什么 |
[33:17] | I think I have something. | 我觉得我有想法了 |
[33:18] | Okay, every country, with the exception of New Zealand, | 好吧 除了新西兰 每一个国家 |
[33:21] | pulled out of talks because of the lie | 都因为移民引发麻疹这个伪命题 |
[33:23] | that migrants have the measles. | 而退出会谈 |
[33:24] | – Right. – Which is a virus | -是的 -这是一种 |
[33:25] | that’s only spreading | 只在未接种疫苗的 |
[33:26] | because of kids who weren’t vaccinated | 孩子们之间蔓延的病毒 |
[33:27] | because of this other lie, | 这是因为另一个伪命题称 |
[33:29] | that the MMR causes autism. | 麻腮风三联疫苗会导致自闭症 |
[33:31] | – You see what our problem is here? – Yeah. | -你能看出问题所在吗 -能 |
[33:32] | We’re being deal-blocked by two movements | 我们的交易被两个会助长 |
[33:34] | that feed off fear and suspicion to the detriment of society. | 对社会的恐惧和怀疑的运动给阻挡了 |
[33:36] | Right, and I think if we can take care of one, | 是的 我想如果我们能处理好一个 |
[33:39] | we can work around the other. | 我们就可以在另一个上有所余地 |
[33:40] | Yeah, but how do we address vaccine skeptics? | 但是我们要如何解决疫苗怀疑论者 |
[33:42] | POTUS is working on some policy initiatives, | 总统正在研究一些政策举措 |
[33:44] | which will take time and may or may not be effective. | 这需要时间 可能有效也可能无效 |
[33:46] | But then it hit me this morning: | 但今天早上我突然想到 |
[33:47] | we’re the State Department. | 我们是国务院 |
[33:49] | We are. | 的确是 |
[33:50] | We control passports. | 我们控制护照 |
[33:52] | And if you want one or you want to renew one, | 如果你想要办理或者换一本护照 |
[33:54] | you’re gonna have to show proof of vaccination. | 你必须出示疫苗接种证明 |
[34:00] | Too crazy? | 太疯狂了 |
[34:01] | Proof of immunization to get a passport? | 提供免疫证明才能办理护照 |
[34:05] | You can’t just do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[34:06] | Well, we explored the plan with | 我们和法律顾问办公室 |
[34:08] | the Office of the Legal Adviser, | 探讨了这个计划 |
[34:09] | and we can do that. | 我们可以做到 |
[34:11] | With the president’s approval, of course. | 当然是在总统的批准下 |
[34:12] | Did you not hear the part | 你没听到关于 |
[34:13] | about encroaching on civil liberties? | 侵犯公民自由的那部分吗 |
[34:15] | We already require immigrants | 我们已经需要移民 |
[34:17] | to show proof of vaccination when they enter the country. | 在入境时出示疫苗接种证明了 |
[34:19] | If U.S. citizens don’t want to get vaccinated, | 如果美国公民不想接种疫苗 |
[34:21] | they’re perfectly free to not leave the country. | 他们完全可以自由地不离开这个国家 |
[34:23] | Okay, well, we would still offer | 但是我们还是会提供 |
[34:25] | exemptions for medical. | 医疗豁免 |
[34:26] | But if they opt out for religious or philosophical reasons, | 但如果他们出于宗教或哲学的原因选择拒绝 |
[34:30] | they would just have to be backed up | 他们只需要与 |
[34:31] | with in-person consultations. | 与现场协商备案即可 |
[34:33] | We’re all familiar with weaponizing bureaucracy. | 我们都熟悉武器化的官僚体制 |
[34:35] | It’s straight out of the voter suppression playbook. | 这是直接从选民压制行动手册中出来的 |
[34:37] | Yes, but, Russell, if this bureaucracy is deployed | 是的 但是拉塞尔 如果这种官僚体制 |
[34:40] | for the greater good, if this is about protecting us | 是为了更大的利益 从为了保护我们 |
[34:43] | from the risk of potentially fatal diseases, | 远离患潜在致命疾病的角度来看 |
[34:46] | then it could, arguably, | 那么 这可以 从某种角度来说 |
[34:48] | fall under the responsibility of the federal government | 算作是联邦政府 |
[34:51] | to provide for the common defense. | 提供共同防御的职责 |
[34:52] | The Constitution’s on our side. | 宪法站在我们这边 |
[34:54] | And-and, Russell, | 还有 拉塞尔 |
[34:55] | honestly, this is a measured step. | 老实说 这是一个有衡量的举措 |
[34:57] | France recently made vaccinations mandatory | 法国最近强制所有公民接种疫苗 |
[34:59] | for all citizens, in response to their increases | 为了应对他们日渐增长的 |
[35:01] | – in measle cases. – The CDC has been trying | -麻疹病例 -疾控中心一直在努力 |
[35:03] | to address vaccine hesitancy for decades. | 解决数十年来的疫苗怀疑论 |
[35:06] | Right, and as we know, | 对 我们知道 |
[35:07] | all it takes is one unsubstantiated study, | 只需要一个未经证实的研究 |
[35:09] | one misconstrued rumor that gets | 一个被误解的谣言 |
[35:11] | signal-boosted online… | 在网上逐渐发酵… |
[35:12] | Well, encroaching on the freedom | 好吧 侵犯带家人 |
[35:14] | of people who take their family on a European vacation | 去欧洲度假的人的自由 |
[35:17] | doesn’t solve that. | 不能解决这个问题 |
[35:18] | But it does. | 但的确能解决 |
[35:20] | Partly. The best way | 一部分 与谎言和误传 |
[35:22] | to fight lies and misinformation | 作斗争的最好的方法 |
[35:25] | is with fact, truth, and science. | 就是用事实 真理和科学 |
[35:27] | A mandatory consultation would give people | 强制性的咨询 |
[35:29] | the opportunity to ask questions, | 会给人们提供提出问题 |
[35:31] | to alleviate any concerns. | 减轻顾虑的机会 |
[35:33] | That sounds like it respects our civil liberties, | 听起来像是尊重我们的公民自由 |
[35:35] | and it gets to the heart of the problem: | 问题的核心是 |
[35:37] | there’s no more powerful force on Earth | 地球上再也没有比 |
[35:39] | than a parent’s determination to protect their children. | 父母保护孩子的决心更强大的力量了 |
[35:42] | So if someone can listen to their concerns, | 所以如果有人能认真倾听他们的 |
[35:45] | with respect… | 担忧… |
[35:46] | Really? | 认真的 |
[35:47] | Cause even in the face of unequivocal evidence, | 因为即使面对确凿的证据 |
[35:49] | people still deny global warming. | 人们仍然否认全球变暖 |
[35:51] | H-How is vaccine denial any different? | 对疫苗的否认有什么不同吗 |
[35:53] | It’s not. | 不是这样 |
[35:54] | Education is a start, but it is not enough. | 教育只是开始 但还远远不够 |
[35:57] | Which is why I support | 所以我支持 |
[35:58] | Mr. Whitman’s proposal. | 惠特曼先生的建议 |
[36:01] | In states and countries where they’ve made it harder | 这样的话 各州各郡的情况都会好转 |
[36:04] | for parents to opt out, vaccination rates went up. | 父母没其他选择 疫苗接种率就会上升 |
[36:06] | – It’s a bold move. – Yeah. | -这是一个大胆的举动 -是的 |
[36:09] | Piss off people on both sides of the aisle. | 两边的人都会被惹恼 |
[36:12] | Fire up advocacy groups. Unleash a slew of lawsuits. | 届时将煽动吁请团 引发一系列诉讼 |
[36:15] | If we can’t address everyone’s fears with reason, then… | 如果我们不能理性地解决每个人的恐惧 那么 |
[36:19] | maybe we need a… | 也许我们也需要 |
[36:20] | little bureaucratic nudge, too. | 一点官僚主义的推动 |
[36:24] | Let’s get into it. | 我们就这样做吧 |
[36:25] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[36:29] | Get out. Get… out. | 出来 快点出来 |
[36:34] | You have fun with Daddy? | 你和爸爸玩得开心吗 |
[36:35] | – Yep. – I beat him at chess. | -开心 -我下棋赢了他 |
[36:36] | – I let her win. – No, you didn’t. | -是我让她赢的 -不 不是的 |
[36:38] | – Yes, I did. – Bye, Dad. | -是 就是我让的 -再见 爸爸 |
[36:40] | Bye, sweetie. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[36:42] | No, I-I didn’t. She destroyed me. | 其实 我没故意让她赢 她打败了我 |
[36:45] | – Yeah, she’s really good. – She is. | -是吧 她真的很厉害 -的确厉害 |
[36:47] | Um, thanks for coming last night. | 谢谢你昨晚来接她 |
[36:49] | I’m sorry, I don’t know why I let myself get so spun out. | 对不起 我不知道为什么会变得如此脆弱 |
[36:52] | No. | 没事 |
[36:53] | It’s a good thing you’re married to a doctor. | 还好你嫁给了一个医生 |
[36:57] | Yeah. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 是啊 明天见 |
[37:00] | Hey, I-I’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[37:04] | It might be better if we tried to work things out at home. | 如果我们住在一起会更方便 |
[37:09] | We talked about this. | 我们讨论过这个 |
[37:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:13] | But yesterday was good. | 但昨天的感觉很好 |
[37:16] | Yeah, of course it was good, because I needed you, | 是 当然很好 因为我需要你 |
[37:18] | and you like feeling needed. | 你喜欢被需要的感觉 |
[37:20] | But that doesn’t change the rest of our problems. | 但这并不能解决其他的问题 |
[37:23] | I moved here so we could be a family. | 我搬来这里是为了我们能重新成为一家人 |
[37:25] | And yet you spend more time at the hospital | 但是你在医院呆的时间 |
[37:27] | than you do at home. | 比你在家里的时间还多 |
[37:28] | And when you are home, your mind is someplace else. | 当你在家的时候 你的脑袋在别的地方 |
[37:30] | I love you, but you’re not built for slogging through | 我爱你 但你不是那种可以享受 |
[37:33] | the everyday boring parts of family life. | 每天无聊家庭生活的人 |
[37:37] | And I need someone who is. | 而我需要一个这样的人 |
[37:45] | Our decision to return the Solomon Islanders to their home | 我们决定把所罗门群岛的居民送回他们家乡 |
[37:47] | was ours to make, | 是我们的权利 |
[37:49] | based on our nation’s immigration regulations. | 是根据我们国家移民条例所做出的决定 |
[37:52] | And it is exactly this kind of moral lecturing | 而且就是你们美国这种道德的说教 |
[37:54] | from the United States that has stalled your attempt | 导致了你们试图 |
[37:57] | to enforce climate migration | 加强气候变化移民的计划失败 |
[37:58] | from the safety of another hemisphere. | 还毁了另一个半球的安全 |
[38:00] | With respect, Mr. Prime Minister, | 总理先生 恕我直言 |
[38:02] | you stalled the talks by pulling out of them. | 是因为你的退出才导致会谈失败 |
[38:05] | I’d like you to help me get them back on track. | 我希望你能帮助我让会谈回到正轨 |
[38:07] | That’s simply not possible at this time. | 现在根本不可能 |
[38:09] | My hands are tied. | 现在我束手束脚 |
[38:09] | Are they, though? | 是这样的情况吗 |
[38:11] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[38:12] | Sorry, but you seem pretty deft at blaming migrants | 抱歉 您似乎很擅长把疫情爆发的源头 |
[38:15] | for an outbreak that began with your own citizen. | 从您的本国公民推到移民者的身上 |
[38:17] | And it seems to me that your own unvaccinated citizens | 而在我看来 是你们国家公民未接种疫苗 |
[38:20] | played a key part in the spread of this outbreak. | 才导致这次传染疾病的大规模爆发 |
[38:22] | Which is why President Dalton is exploring policy changes | 这就是为什么道尔顿总统要改变策略 |
[38:24] | to address the issue. | 来解决这个问题 |
[38:26] | Oh, is this what your boss would call diplomacy? | 这就是你老板所说的外交吗 |
[38:28] | Diplomacy was when Secretary McCord | 麦考德国务卿 |
[38:31] | and the UNHCR set up talks for an inevitable | 和联合国难民署为不可避免的 |
[38:33] | humanitarian crisis. | 人道主义危机发起会谈的时候才叫外交 |
[38:36] | Your political enemies are holding those talks hostage | 你的政敌把那些会谈当成筹码 |
[38:38] | to their own extreme anti-immigrant agenda. | 来实现他们极端反移民的政治诉求 |
[38:40] | So, why don’t you tell them this: | 所以 你可以去告诉他们 |
[38:42] | the talks resume, or the U.S. will be forced | 继续会谈 否则美国将被迫发布 |
[38:45] | to issue a travel alert requiring proof of vaccination | 美国公民必须有疫苗接种证明才能出境 |
[38:48] | for travel between our two countries. | 到你们国家的旅游预警 |
[38:50] | Are you really prepared to alienate a key ally | 你真的准备报告你老板 |
[38:53] | while you’re filling in for your boss? | 你们要疏远这么重要的盟友吗 |
[38:54] | I’m confident the Secretary understands both of our | 我相信国务卿会理解我们这两个 |
[38:58] | great nations’ responsibility to a changing world. | 伟大国家对改变世界该有的责任 |
[39:02] | Hope to see you back at the roundtable. | 希望你能回到会谈席上 |
[39:07] | – And you’ll get to see Waffles. – Yay. | -你马上就可以看到华夫了 -耶 |
[39:09] | And we’ll get to go see the monkeys at the zoo. | 我们还可以去动物园看猴子 |
[39:12] | – Ooh. – And maybe go to the park. | -哦 -或者去公园 |
[39:13] | – Hey. – What does a monkey say? | -嘿 -猴子怎么叫的 |
[39:17] | What does a monkey say? | 猴子怎么叫的 |
[39:18] | And guess what Grandma got for you. | 猜猜姥姥给你买了什么 |
[39:20] | – Bun-Bun! – Yay. | -兔兔 -耶 |
[39:23] | Bun-Bun. | 兔兔 |
[39:25] | He’s so cute. | 他真可爱 |
[39:26] | I, uh, I just wanted to thank you and Matt | 我 我只是想谢谢你和马特 |
[39:29] | for setting up this interview. | 安排了这次采访 |
[39:31] | Are you sure you’re up for it? | 你确定你准备好了吗 |
[39:34] | I want to get the message out. | 我想所有人都知道 |
[39:36] | How’s Lyric? | 丽瑞克怎么样了 |
[39:38] | Not awake yet. | 还没醒 |
[39:40] | Um, they’re saying she’s probably | 他们说她可能会 |
[39:43] | cognitively impaired by the swelling. | 由于水肿导致认知受损 |
[39:45] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[39:48] | I always thought I’d be on Good Day D.C. | 我以为我会在华盛顿度过美好的一天 |
[39:50] | for my butterscotch brownies, you know. | 因为有好吃的奶油糖果布朗尼 |
[39:54] | Any last-minute advice? | 最后有什么建议吗 |
[39:56] | Ignore the camera and just have a conversation. | 忽略摄像机 当做一次普通谈话 |
[40:01] | You’re gonna do great. | 你会做得很好的 |
[40:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[40:10] | That’s… I got your text. | 你这是… 我收到你的短信了 |
[40:11] | – That’s so great you’re moving back. – Yeah. | -你搬回去住真是太好了 -是的 |
[40:13] | – Not that I’m happy to see you go. – Well, no. No, no. | -不是我很想你搬走的意思 -不是这样的 |
[40:15] | I’m not exactly moving back just yet. | 我现在还没有搬回家去 |
[40:17] | I did find an apartment a little bit closer to home | 我只是在家附近租了一套房子 |
[40:19] | so that I can be there for the boring stuff. | 这样我更方便回家做点无聊的事 |
[40:22] | ‘Cause I-I want to show myself | 因为我 我想证明自己 |
[40:23] | that I can be there for the boring stuff. | 我也是能享受无聊生活的人 |
[40:27] | Might want to start by not referring to it | 也许你应该开始改口 |
[40:29] | as “The boring stuff.” | 别再说是 无聊的事 |
[40:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:34] | I know many of you are hesitant | 我知道你们很多人都很犹豫 |
[40:36] | to sign a deal agreeing to accept | 该不该签署这样一份 |
[40:38] | even more migrants than you already have. | 进一步增加你们国家外来移民数量的协议 |
[40:42] | But it must be emphasized | 但必须强调 |
[40:44] | this agreement is in no way | 这项协议决不是要求你们 |
[40:47] | a call for open borders. | 去开放边界 |
[40:51] | This is just a way for us to come together | 这只是表达我们愿意站在一起 |
[40:53] | to acknowledge that no one stands alone | 表明在这个不断变化的世界里 |
[40:58] | in a changing world. | 没有人是一个岛屿 |
[41:00] | There is still great good that we can do together, | 仍有我们可以携手共筑的善事 |
[41:03] | especially when the waters are rising, | 尤其是这个全球水位上升 |
[41:05] | and the very idea of home | 我们耐以生存的家园 |
[41:09] | is shifting beneath our feet. | 在我们脚下毁掉的时候 |
[41:12] | Oh, it is good to be back. | 回家真好 |
[41:16] | I mean, don’t get me wrong. | 我是说 别误会我 |
[41:18] | The walks in the woods, | 在树林里散步 |
[41:20] | the draft of my speech that I got done… | 完成了演讲手稿 |
[41:24] | it was pretty great. | 这些都非常棒 |
[41:25] | How about the private chef? | 那里的私人厨师怎么样 |
[41:27] | Oh, well, I prefer reheated pasta | 我更喜欢跟你一起在厨房吃 |
[41:32] | in the kitchen with you. | 微波炉热好的意大利面 |
[41:34] | But it was pretty great. | 但那些菜超级好吃 |
[41:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:38] | Hey, you said you’d wait till morning. | 你说的早上起来后再看手机 |
[41:45] | Well, tell me one thing that happened | 好吧 就告诉我不在的时候 |
[41:46] | while I was away. | 发生的一件事吧 |
[41:49] | Well, your brother moved out to be closer to home. | 好吧 你弟弟搬到了离家近一点的地方 |
[41:51] | – Shut the front door! – You want to know why? | -我去 -你想知道为什么吗 |
[41:53] | I.… | 我 |
[41:56] | Something about that story is gonna drive me crazy, | 这个故事肯定会让我疯掉的 |
[41:58] | so let’s just table it with the news of the world. | 我们还是聊聊世界新闻吧 |
[42:03] | I’m glad you’re back. | 很高兴你回来了 |
[42:06] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[42:12] | 移民拘留中心 布里斯班 澳大利亚 | |
[42:16] | Okay. | 可以 |
[42:17] | Officer Gleeson will be right in | 格雷森警官马上过来 |
[42:19] | to help finalize your papers. | 帮你们搞定最后的手续 |
[42:22] | Welcome to Australia. | 欢迎来到澳大利亚 |