时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hey, Sherry. I’m Elizabeth McCord, and I’m… | 雪莉你好 我是伊丽莎白·麦考德 我… |
[00:09] | 选举日 弗吉尼亚州亨里科县 | |
[00:12] | You’re sure this is a swing district? | 你确定这是摇摆区吗 |
[00:14] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[00:15] | This county could decide the whole election. | 这个县可能会决定整个竞选的结果 |
[00:18] | And it had to be Virginia, huh? | 必须是弗吉尼亚州吗 |
[00:21] | You’re from Virginia. | 您就是弗吉尼亚州人 |
[00:26] | Hey, did you vote today? | 你今天投票了吗 |
[00:28] | Not for you. | 没投给你 |
[00:32] | Cute dog. | 狗狗真可爱 |
[00:40] | Hey, Conrad! | 康拉德 |
[00:42] | One of ours? | 是支持我们的吗 |
[00:46] | At least he got a hug. | 至少他还得到了个拥抱 |
[00:48] | Uh, polls close in 20 minutes. | 投票在20分钟后停止 |
[00:50] | Maybe we should call it quits, ma’am. | 也许我们就到这吧 女士 |
[00:52] | Any longer and we might miss the party. | 再待下去 派对我们可能就错过了 |
[00:53] | Plus, Blake has some fries in the van. | 另外 布莱克在车里准备了炸薯条 |
[00:58] | It’s only a party if we win. | 只有我们赢得大选 那才叫派对 |
[01:01] | One more. | 再来一家 |
[01:06] | So the fries: straight or curly? | 炸薯条 是直的还是卷的 |
[01:08] | Curly. | 卷的 |
[01:08] | Barry, get off the couch! | 巴里 从沙发上下去 |
[01:10] | – Okay. – Get the door! | -好吧 -去开门 |
[01:15] | Hi, Barry, I’m Elizabeth. | 巴里你好 我是伊丽莎白 |
[01:16] | I was wondering if you had a chance to vote today. | 我想知道你今天是否去投票了 |
[01:18] | Lady, I just worked a double shift | 女士 我今天干了双班 |
[01:20] | and took three buses to get home | 换了两次车才到家 |
[01:22] | because my idiot son drove to Smoothie Shack | 都是因为我那笨蛋儿子拉着手刹 |
[01:24] | with the parking brake on. | 开车去了奶昔小屋 |
[01:26] | Sounds like a no. | 听着是否定的意思 |
[01:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[01:28] | As in “No solicitors.” | 和”谢绝推销”里的意思一样 |
[01:30] | Oh. Uh, uh… Barry. | 哦… 巴里 |
[01:32] | Just… Can you tell me who you were going to vote for? | 你能告诉我你本想投票给谁吗 |
[01:41] | My Education, Science and Infrastructure plan | 我那个教育科学和基础设施计划 |
[01:43] | has funding for suburban communities. | 有为郊区住宅区提供的资金 |
[01:46] | And a tax credit for car repair. | 还有修车的税务抵扣 |
[01:49] | So, Barry, | 我是巴里 |
[01:51] | what have you learned from this experience? | 这次的经历让你学到了什么 |
[01:53] | Vote by mail. | 邮寄选票 |
[01:55] | Next time. | 下一次吧 |
[01:56] | Every time. | 每次都应该这么做 |
[01:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:01] | We’re here. | 我们到了 |
[02:03] | Wow, Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[02:05] | Mrs. McCord… | 麦考德太太… |
[02:06] | I mean, Secretary… Madam. | 我是说 国务卿… 女士 |
[02:09] | – I, uh… – Need to vote. | -我… -要去投票了 |
[02:10] | Let’s go, Barry, let’s go. | 去吧 巴里 去吧 |
[02:13] | All right. | 这就对了 |
[02:15] | Go, Barry, go. | 加油 巴里 |
[02:25] | Well, Bess, I think we did all we could. | 贝丝 我想我们尽了力了 |
[02:29] | Yes, sir. | 是的 总统先生 |
[02:31] | I think we did. | 我想确实是这样 |
[02:41] | He’s gonna love her. | 他会喜欢它的 |
[02:42] | What’s not to love? | 没什么不让人爱的地方啊 |
[02:43] | Except, maybe, the jumping. | 可能除了它爱扑人以外 |
[02:44] | Did you talk to the trainer? | 你和训狗师谈过了吗 |
[02:45] | Why… | 干嘛要谈… |
[02:47] | so he can tell us it’s about asserting dominance? | 学学怎么让狗觉得你更厉害吗 |
[02:50] | I’m the president, and I think it’s cute. | 我是总统 我觉得它很可爱 |
[02:53] | You know, | 跟你说 |
[02:54] | Conrad could stay at the Blair House. | 康拉德可以待在布莱尔大厦 |
[02:56] | That’s like banishing your in-laws to a hotel. | 那不就像让你的岳父母去住酒店吗 |
[02:59] | Which I did once. | 我还真干过一次 |
[03:01] | Besides, it’s not every day | 再说 也不是每天都有机会 |
[03:03] | you get to unveil Conrad’s official presidential portrait. | 为康拉德的正式总统画像揭幕 |
[03:06] | – Have you seen it? – It’s veiled. | -你看过了吗 -还盖着布呢 |
[03:08] | Like that ever stopped you | 那你还不是照样去看 |
[03:09] | from looking at Christmas presents. | 圣诞节礼物吗 |
[03:10] | – Yeah, that was one time. – Hope, hey. Come. | -就那一次 -希望 过来 |
[03:13] | You know, just because Eisenhower was Conrad’s favorite | 并不是说艾森豪威尔是康拉德最欣赏的总统 |
[03:15] | doesn’t mean you have to redecorate. | 你就得重新修缮他的头像的 |
[03:16] | Wh… I like Ike. | 我挺喜欢艾克的 |
[03:18] | I’ve always liked Ike. | 我一直都挺喜欢艾克的 |
[03:19] | – Watch out! – Hope! | -小心 -希望 |
[03:21] | Oh, no… Oh. | 不 天啊 |
[03:23] | – Hope, no. – No, no, no. | -希望 不 -不 不 |
[03:25] | I’m-I’m so sorry, Madam President. | 我非常抱歉 总统女士 |
[03:27] | Dr. McCord. She tripped me. | 麦考德博士 它绊了我 |
[03:28] | – No. – It’s not your fault, Andy. | -没有 -不是你的错 安迪 |
[03:30] | – Oh, no. – Oh, my God. | -哎呀 -我的天 |
[03:32] | Don’t move it. | 别动它 |
[03:33] | Wh-What? Like a-an accident victim? | 怎么了 像是对待车祸的伤员那样吗 |
[03:35] | I don’t know. Yeah. | 我也不知道 是吧 |
[03:38] | Okay, let’s just see what’s going on here. Um… | 我们看看到底是什么情况 |
[03:41] | It’s not too bad. | 不算太糟糕 |
[03:42] | Uh, it’s just a deviated, uh, | 就是鼻子错了位 |
[03:44] | smashed nose. | 是摔烂了 |
[03:46] | Henry, it’s a one of a kind. | 亨利 这可是独一无二的 |
[03:49] | – I’ll call the Smithsonian. – Okay. | -我去给史密斯森协会打电话 -好 |
[03:50] | Oh, uh, ma’am, the 4-H kids are waiting in the Oval. | 总统女士 四健会的孩子们在椭圆形办公室等着呢 |
[03:52] | Oh! Is that Ike? | 这是艾克的头像吗 |
[03:57] | And after the photo spray with the kids, | 和孩子们合完影以后 |
[03:59] | you’ll be receiving the credentials | 你会接受菲律宾新任大使 |
[04:01] | of the Philippines’ new ambassador. | 递交的国书 |
[04:03] | Eisenhower was once stationed in the Philippines. | 艾森豪威尔曾在菲律宾驻扎过 |
[04:06] | I’m sure he’ll be fine. | 我相信他不会有事的 |
[04:07] | Where are the kids? | 孩子们呢 |
[04:09] | What… | 怎么… |
[04:10] | Children? | 孩子们 |
[04:11] | Children? They were right here. | 孩子们 他们刚刚还在呢 |
[04:13] | I sent them home. | 我让他们回去了 |
[04:14] | They smelled like a barn anyway. | 反正他们闻着就像马圈 |
[04:15] | Who gets a medal for milking goats? | 挤羊奶也能得奖章吗 |
[04:17] | Morning. What’s the occasion? | 早上好 什么情况 |
[04:19] | We have a national security situation | 有个关乎国家安全的状况 |
[04:22] | that requires your immediate attention. | 需要您马上处理 |
[04:30] | What about? | 什么事 |
[04:31] | Daisy Grant. | 黛西·格兰特 |
[04:34] | Her name is Claudine Bernard, and she’s a French national. | 她叫克劳汀·伯纳德 她是法国人 |
[04:37] | Ms. Grant failed to disclose contact | 格兰特女士没能披露竞选期间 |
[04:38] | with her during the campaign. | 与她的接触 |
[04:40] | Sounds like a problem for OPM. | 听着好像是归人事部管的事 |
[04:41] | I wish it were that simple. | 我倒希望能有那么简单 |
[04:43] | My client has information pertinent to the Iran hack | 我当事人有在竞选期间发生的 |
[04:46] | that took place during the election. | 伊朗黑客事件的信息 |
[04:49] | Ms. Bernard told me that she had dirt | 伯纳德女士告诉我她有麦考德总统的竞选对手 |
[04:51] | on President McCord’s opponent, Senator Beauregard Miller. | 参议员博勒加德·米勒的丑闻资料 |
[04:54] | And how did you respond? | 你是怎么回应她的 |
[04:55] | I think I said “Okay”? | 我想我说了”好啊” |
[04:57] | I mean, honestly, it barely registered. | 说实话 我几乎都没过脑子 |
[04:59] | I was pretty distracted at the time. | 当时我在想别的事 |
[05:01] | It was only a few minutes | 那是视频上的争吵 |
[05:02] | after the altercation shown on that video. | 以后几分钟的事 |
[05:05] | But she handed me this. | 但她给了我这个 |
[05:15] | Did you examine the contents? | 你看了里面的内容吗 |
[05:16] | Yes. | 看了 |
[05:18] | It contains court documents revealing Senator Miller | 里面有揭露米勒参议员 |
[05:21] | was engaged in an extra-marital affair with an intern, | 和实习生发生婚外情 |
[05:24] | and had fathered a child with her | 并和她生了个孩子 |
[05:26] | and had asked his deputy chief of staff to claim paternity. | 还要求他的副幕僚长出来背锅的法庭文件 |
[05:29] | You mean the exact documents | 你是说正好是伊朗黑客 |
[05:30] | that were obtained in the Iran hack. | 获取的那些文件 |
[05:32] | Yes, but at the time I didn’t know where they came from. | 对 但当时我并不知道文件是从哪获得的 |
[05:35] | Valerie Guillen published those documents in The Chronicle | 瓦丽莱·吉伦7月16号早上在纪实报上 |
[05:37] | on the morning of July 16th. | 发表了这些文件 |
[05:39] | Less than 12 hours after you obtained them. | 离你拿到那些文件不到12个小时 |
[05:41] | I didn’t leak them. | 不是我泄露出去的 |
[05:42] | My client is here of her own volition. | 我的当事人是自愿来这里的 |
[05:44] | And I will remind you that coincidence is not a crime. | 我要提醒你们 巧合并没有罪 |
[05:46] | This is a bombshell that could have tipped the election. | 这是可以左右选举结果的大事件 |
[05:49] | Are we really supposed to believe | 你是要我们相信 |
[05:50] | that you just put it in a cupboard? | 你就把这内容给锁到柜子里了吗 |
[05:52] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:53] | And FYI, it was a drawer. | 准确地说 是抽屉 |
[05:56] | How long have you known? | 你知道有多久了 |
[05:58] | Daisy came to me last night. | 黛西昨晚来找我 |
[06:00] | After consulting with Olivia, | 在和奥利维娅商量过以后 |
[06:01] | I told her to go to the FBI. | 我让她去找联调局 |
[06:04] | Justice has an independent investigation | 司法部有针对伊朗 |
[06:06] | into Iran’s efforts to influence our elections | 干涉我们大选的独立调查 |
[06:09] | and they’ve empaneled a grand jury. | 他们还召集了大陪审团 |
[06:11] | This seemed material. | 这情况看起来是实实在在的证据 |
[06:14] | I’d say. | 我同意 |
[06:15] | Normally, there’d be a firewall | 通常你和调查之间 |
[06:17] | between you and the investigation. | 会有个防火墙 |
[06:18] | But this is clearly an exception. | 但很明显这是个例外 |
[06:20] | After taking appropriate steps, | 在我们采取了适当的步骤之后 |
[06:22] | we all agreed that it was time to read you in. | 大家一致认为是告诉您情况的时候了 |
[06:26] | I have a lot of questions. | 我有很多的问题 |
[06:28] | Start with the obvious. | 从显而易见的开始 |
[06:31] | Did Daisy commit a crime? | 黛西到底犯罪了吗 |
[06:33] | Well, if she’s telling the truth, no. | 如果她说的是实话 那就没有 |
[06:36] | But if she leaked the file, | 但如果她泄露了文件 |
[06:37] | she may be liable under campaign finance laws. | 根据竞选财务法 她可能要承担法律责任 |
[06:40] | Even then, they’d have to prove | 即使那样 他们也必须证明 |
[06:41] | that she knew the information was hacked. | 她知道信息是通过非法网络入侵得到的 |
[06:44] | So, as far as we know, | 所以 就我们所知 |
[06:46] | the only thing she did wrong | 她唯一做错的事 |
[06:47] | was fail to report the encounter at the time. | 就是没有及时上报 |
[06:50] | Technically, an omission on her SF86. | 严格来说 她在信息汇报上有所遗漏 |
[06:53] | Which isn’t even illegal. | 甚至都不违法 |
[06:54] | It’s a finger wag – from the OPM. | 人事管理局都懒得管 |
[06:55] | The issue here isn’t legal jeopardy, | 这里的问题不是法律上的危险 |
[06:57] | it’s public perception. | 而是公众的反应 |
[06:59] | Tell her. | 告诉她 |
[07:01] | Well, per Justice rules, | 根据司法规则 |
[07:03] | the FBI has until tomorrow | 联邦调查局最晚明天 |
[07:05] | to disclose this finding to the Senate. | 就要向参议院披露这一发现 |
[07:09] | And you think that Hanson will leak it. | 你觉得汉森会把这事泄露出去 |
[07:12] | Press Secretary. | 新闻发言人 |
[07:13] | Secret flash drive. Foreign agent. | 秘密U盘 国外特工 |
[07:15] | By the time he runs it through his Conspiratron 5000, | 等到他把阴谋论发表完 |
[07:17] | it’ll look like you were twerking with the Ayatollah. | 你看起来就像和伊朗方面亲密无间了 |
[07:19] | I have to admit, the timing looks bad. | 我不得不承认 这时机很糟糕 |
[07:21] | I mean, isn’t there anybody | 那就没有人 |
[07:22] | who can corroborate Daisy’s story? | 能证实黛西的话吗 |
[07:26] | Well, there are only two other people | 只有两个人 |
[07:26] | who know what really happened. | 知道到底发生了什么 |
[07:28] | This French lady Ms. Bernard | 法国的伯纳德女士 |
[07:30] | and Valerie Guillen, the Chronicle reporter | 和纪事报记者瓦莱丽·吉兰 |
[07:32] | who originally broke the Miller story. | 是她最先揭露了米勒的丑闻 |
[07:34] | Well, I imagine Guillen won’t reveal her source. | 我想吉兰不会透露她的消息来源的 |
[07:37] | The Grand Jury has issued a subpoena, but… | 大陪审团已经发了传票 但是… |
[07:40] | She’s hugging the First Amendment | 她紧紧抓住第一修正案 |
[07:41] | like a ficus on Arbor Day. | 这根救命稻草 |
[07:43] | Well, that leaves Ms. Bernard. | 那就只剩下伯纳德女士了 |
[07:45] | Obviously, she’s an Iranian agent. | 很明显 她是伊朗特工 |
[07:48] | DNI Ware is on it now. | 国家情报局的威尔正在调查 |
[07:50] | So far, all we know is that she transferred | 到目前为止 我们只知道她上个月 |
[07:52] | from the embassy here in D.C. | 从华盛顿特区的大使馆 |
[07:53] | back to Paris last month. | 调回到巴黎 |
[07:56] | Well, look, let’s tell Ephraim that I want the entire IC on it. | 好吧 让埃弗兰调动整个情报部门 |
[08:00] | Any resources he can spare. | 需要多少资源都可以 |
[08:02] | And let’s get Secretary Thompson, | 让汤普森国务卿 |
[08:04] | – lean on the French for cooperation. – Yes, ma’am. | -争取法国人的合作 -好的 总统 |
[08:07] | I want to know the minute we find Ms. Bernard. | 一找到伯纳德女士就通知我 |
[08:11] | We need the truth, wherever it leads. | 我们需要真相 不管它会带来什么 |
[08:15] | For now, it’s just business as usual. | 现在 一切照常 |
[08:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:27] | Well, I… | 我… |
[08:28] | I think we can rule out glue. | 我想胶水是不会管用的 |
[08:32] | Well, can you do some kind of patch job? | 你能修补一下吗 |
[08:34] | President Dalton’s portrait unveiling is in two days. | 道尔顿总统的肖像揭幕仪式将在两天内举行 |
[08:38] | I’ll triage as best I can. | 我尽我所能 |
[08:41] | Okay. Thanks. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[08:43] | All right. What’s next, Evan? | 好吧 埃文 接下来是什么 |
[08:45] | Well, since you and Stevie are still under subpoena, | 鉴于你和斯蒂芬还在传讯中 |
[08:47] | Olivia Mason sent an update on the Senate investigation. | 奥利维娅·梅森发来了参议院调查的最新进展 |
[08:50] | Oh, good. I could use some light reading. | 很好 我需要一些轻松的阅读 |
[08:52] | It’s on your desk, along with the usual | 我把它和其他的邮件 |
[08:55] | uh, barrage of mail. | 一起放在你桌子上了 |
[08:56] | More jokes about my sex life? | 还有关于我性生活的笑话吗 |
[08:58] | Plenty. But you’re also invited to a naturalization ceremony. | 很多 但你也被邀请参加迪米特里·派特洛夫 |
[09:01] | Dmitri Petrov. Says he knows you. | 的入籍仪式 他说他认识你 |
[09:03] | RSVP that I’ll be there. | 请回复我会去的 |
[09:05] | Uh, and set up a coffee. | 安排我们一起喝咖啡吧 |
[09:06] | – I want to catch up with him. – Copy that. | -我想和他叙叙旧 -好的 |
[09:07] | Sorry. Charley horse. | 对不起 我抽筋了 |
[09:09] | Uh, the president’s here. | 总统来了 |
[09:09] | The old one. Th-The former one. | 老总统 前总统 |
[09:11] | Well, also older. | 都是 |
[09:12] | He’s two hours early. | 他早到了两个小时 |
[09:15] | Ma’am. | 总统 |
[09:19] | Falcon landing. | 猎鹰着陆 |
[09:26] | Mr. President! | 总统先生 |
[09:29] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[09:34] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[09:35] | Hello, sir. | 你好 先生 |
[09:36] | Lookin’ good. I love the hair. | 您看上去不错 我喜欢你的发型 |
[09:38] | Yeah, shades of the summer of ’67. | 是的 这是越战发型 |
[09:40] | It’s great to see you both. Russell. | 很高兴见到你们俩 拉塞尔 |
[09:42] | How’d they lure you out of retirement? | 他们是怎么劝你别退休的 |
[09:44] | I asked. | 我就问了一下 |
[09:45] | And Carol agreed not to kill me. | 而且卡罗尔答应不杀我 |
[09:47] | Hey, I reserved nine holes for us at Fort Belvoir. | 我在贝尔沃堡为我们预定了高尔夫球场 |
[09:50] | Can’t wait. | 我都等不及了 |
[09:51] | Almost forgot. | 差点忘了 |
[09:57] | You brought Gertrude. | 你带了乔特鲁德[吉他名] |
[09:58] | Ten years in the closet, still plays sweet as ever. | 十年没弹了 声音还是很棒 |
[10:02] | I’m, uh, polishing up a song | 我在润色一首歌 |
[10:03] | I’m writing for my album. | 我在为我的专辑写歌 |
[10:05] | Did I tell you about my album? | 我跟你说过我的专辑吗 |
[10:07] | So it’s basically a conceptual folk project for kids. | 这是一个给孩子们的民间项目 |
[10:11] | A lot of work, but Lydia’s been very patient. | 很辛苦 但莉迪亚很有耐心 |
[10:14] | How is Lydia? | 莉迪亚怎么样 |
[10:15] | Sorry she couldn’t make it. | 很遗憾她来不了 |
[10:17] | Yeah, she sends her best, | 是的 她问大家好 |
[10:18] | and, uh, believe me, she’s had enough time | 相信我 她已经 |
[10:20] | in this place to last a lifetime. | 在这里待够了 |
[10:22] | But, who knows, maybe, uh, being back here | 但是 谁知道呢 也许回到这里 |
[10:24] | will be the spark I need to finish that last song | 会是我在我接受鲍勃·希弗采访之前 |
[10:26] | before I do the interview with Bob Schieffer. | 完成最后一首歌所需要的火花 |
[10:28] | I thought you weren’t doing media. | 我以为你不再接触媒体了 |
[10:30] | Eh, just to promote the album. | 只是为了宣传这张专辑 |
[10:32] | And, you know, it turns out Schieffer’s a honky-tonk guy. | 而且 我发现希弗喜欢去小酒馆 |
[10:33] | No kidding. | 真的吗 |
[10:34] | Oh, uh, Madam President, Mr. President. | 总统女士 总统先生 |
[10:37] | Uh, DNI Ware and Director Banks need to see you. | 国家情报局的威尔和班克斯局长要见你 |
[10:40] | Well, I’m guessing that scratches our golf game. | 我想这可能会影响我们的高尔夫比赛 |
[10:43] | I’m out of practice anyway. | 反正我也生疏了 |
[10:44] | Dinner tomorrow night, right? | 明晚一起吃晚饭 好吗 |
[10:45] | – Can’t wait, yeah. – Great. | -等不及了 -太棒了 |
[10:47] | Did we get Bernard? | 找到伯纳德了吗 |
[10:48] | No, ma’am. | 没有 总统 |
[10:50] | French DGSI traced her to a farmhouse outside of Tours. | 法国安全总局在图尔郊外的一家农舍追踪到她 |
[10:52] | But when the local gendarmerie | 当地城警发动了突袭 |
[10:54] | raided the place, they came up empty. | 却一无所获 |
[10:57] | Then why are we here? | 那你们找我做什么 |
[10:58] | Because I think we found her. | 因为我们找到她了 |
[11:00] | A phone recovered at the farmhouse | 在农舍找到了一部电话 |
[11:02] | gave us a working theory, | 让我们有了线索 |
[11:04] | which NSA facial recognition | 美国国家安全局的面部识别 |
[11:07] | just confirmed. | 刚刚确认了她的身份 |
[11:09] | She’s in Tehran. | 她在德黑兰 |
[11:11] | Yeah, we’re still working out how she got there. | 是的 我们还在想她是怎么到那儿的 |
[11:13] | But, for the moment, it’s safe to say | 但就目前而言 可以肯定地说 |
[11:14] | Claudine Bernard is out of reach. | 我们无法抓捕克劳汀·伯纳德 |
[11:17] | Well, we could have Secretary Thompson | 我们可以请汤普森国务卿 |
[11:19] | put out a feeler, request an interview. | 先试探一下 要求与她见面 |
[11:22] | They’ll refuse. | 他们会拒绝的 |
[11:23] | We’ll have shown our hand for nothing. | 我们会徒劳无功的 |
[11:26] | When do you have to put in | 你给参议院的披露信 |
[11:27] | your letter of disclosure to the Senate? | 要什么时候交 |
[11:29] | About Daisy? | 关于黛西的吗 |
[11:30] | 1700 tomorrow. | 明天下午五点 |
[11:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:36] | – Ma’am. – Madam President. | -告辞 -告辞 |
[11:43] | Claudine Bernard was our best shot | 克劳汀·伯纳德是我们支持黛西证词 |
[11:45] | at exonerating Daisy. | 的最佳人选 |
[11:48] | But there’s still time to get in front of it. | 但我们仍有时间挽回 |
[11:52] | Blake. | 布莱克 |
[11:55] | Yes, ma’am? | 是的 总统 |
[11:56] | I need to see Daisy. | 我要见黛西 |
[11:57] | Alone. | 单独见 |
[12:05] | Ma’am. | 总统 |
[12:08] | – Ma’am, if I may… – I’ve been | -总统 如果我可以… -我听说了 |
[12:09] | briefed on your situation. | 你的情况 |
[12:12] | I didn’t leak it. | 不是我泄露的 |
[12:13] | Oh, boy, I want to believe you, Daisy. | 我真想相信你 黛西 |
[12:16] | But when that French woman gave you the flash drive, | 但当那个法国女人给你U盘的时候 |
[12:18] | when the story broke, you stayed silent. | 当消息传开时 你并没有上报 |
[12:21] | I need to know why. | 我要知道为什么 |
[12:22] | Because he’s a monster. | 因为他是个怪物 |
[12:23] | Who? | 谁 |
[12:24] | Senator Miller. | 米勒参议员 |
[12:27] | The story broke the day after I got the file. | 我拿到文件的第二天 丑闻就传开了 |
[12:29] | If I’d gone to the FBI, how would that look? | 如果我去找联邦调查局 那像什么 |
[12:32] | The way it does now. | 就像现在一样 |
[12:34] | Bad. | 很不好 |
[12:36] | You should have disclosed it. | 你应该上报这件事的 |
[12:37] | And had it been any other candidate, I would have. | 如果是其他候选人 我会这么做的 |
[12:40] | But Miller’s a racist, a bully and a liar. | 但米勒是个种族主义者 恶霸和骗子 |
[12:44] | I did nothing wrong. | 我没做错什么 |
[12:46] | But I knew that he would lie and distort and say that | 但我知道他会撒谎 歪曲事实 |
[12:49] | it was clear evidence that you were colluding | 用那些文件指责你 |
[12:50] | with a foreign agent. | 与外国势力勾结 |
[12:52] | And because of his stature as a Republican nominee, | 由于他的身份是共和党的候选人 |
[12:55] | millions of people would have believed it. | 数百万人会相信 |
[12:57] | And had those lies sunk your campaign and he got elected, | 如果让那些谎言破坏了你的竞选然后他被选上 |
[13:00] | I wouldn’t have been able to look my daughter in the eye. | 我都无法直视我女儿的眼睛 |
[13:02] | I don’t need you to protect me. | 我不需要你来保护我 |
[13:05] | I’m sorry, ma’am, | 抱歉 总统女士 |
[13:05] | but it’s my job to protect you. | 但保护你是我的职责 |
[13:08] | And against a guy like Miller, | 而对付像米勒这样的人 |
[13:09] | you can’t play by the rules. | 不能循规蹈矩 |
[13:11] | I know it felt like that, | 我知道这感觉像是这样 |
[13:14] | but it wasn’t your choice to make. | 但你不该做这样的决定 |
[13:17] | I didn’t leak that file. | 我没有泄露那份文件 |
[13:19] | And I never imagined | 而且我根本想不到 |
[13:20] | that Claudine would be working for Iran. | 克劳汀会是伊朗的人 |
[13:23] | But I did know that staying silent would have consequences. | 但是我知道保持沉默会带来后果 |
[13:29] | Madam President… | 总统女士 |
[13:32] | …I’d like to offer my resignation. | 这是我的辞呈 |
[13:48] | What do you mean you said no? | 什么叫你拒绝了 |
[13:50] | Resigning would have ruined Daisy’s career. | 辞职会毁掉黛西的事业 |
[13:52] | Yeah, so can prison. | 是 坐牢也会 |
[13:52] | What… you think she did it? | 什么 你觉得是她做的吗 |
[13:54] | It doesn’t matter what I think. | 我怎么想不重要 |
[13:55] | This is an open wound going septic. | 这是个开始感染的开放性创口 |
[13:57] | It’s time to amputate. | 是时候截肢了 |
[13:58] | She’s taking a leave of absence | 在整件事过去之前 |
[14:00] | until the whole thing blows over. | 我会让她休假 |
[14:01] | – And you’re on board with this? – Absolutely. | -你也同意了吗 -当然 |
[14:04] | Power stems from loyalty. | 权力是基于忠诚的 |
[14:05] | If Elizabeth jettisons Daisy | 如果伊丽莎白在麻烦刚刚出现苗头时 |
[14:07] | at the first sign of trouble, she’ll look weak. | 抛弃黛西 她会显得很弱 |
[14:09] | And if Daisy drags her down, she’ll look dead. | 而如果黛西拖累她 她就完蛋了 |
[14:12] | What happens when this leaks? | 这件事泄露出去怎么办 |
[14:13] | Director Banks won’t brief the Senate until tomorrow night. | 班克斯局长明晚才会向参议院汇报 |
[14:16] | We still have runway. | 我们还有时间 |
[14:17] | And until I have reason to believe that Daisy is lying, | 除非我有理由相信黛西在撒谎 |
[14:20] | I am not gonna ruin her reputation | 不然我是不会为了政治原因 |
[14:23] | to score political points. | 而毁掉她的名誉 |
[14:24] | Okay, okay, Pollyanna, but in the meantime, | 好好 乐观精 不过此时此刻 |
[14:26] | Bernard is scarfing kebobs in Tehran | 伯纳德在德黑兰围着头巾烤羊肉串 |
[14:27] | and the only person who knows what happened | 而唯一知道发生了什么的人 |
[14:29] | is this reporter Guillen. | 是那个记者吉伦 |
[14:30] | Valerie Guillen is under subpoena. | 瓦丽莱·吉伦被法院传唤 |
[14:32] | Due in court tomorrow at noon, which means | 明天中午开庭 这意味着 |
[14:34] | she can reveal her true source | 她可以在联调局向参议院委员会 |
[14:36] | before the FBI discloses Daisy’s confession to the SSCI. | 递交披露信前交待她真实的消息源 |
[14:40] | Have you met reporters? | 你接触过记者吗 |
[14:41] | ‘Cause they’re not exactly limber | 因为他们在言论自由的问题上 |
[14:42] | when it comes to freedom of the press. | 并不太灵活 |
[14:44] | Except that the grand jury proceedings are secret. | 除非大陪审团的议程保密 |
[14:47] | So, in theory, Guillen can reveal her source | 所以理论上来讲 吉伦可以在 |
[14:50] | without any negative consequences. | 没有任何负面影响下披露她的消息源 |
[14:52] | A nuance that will be lost | 只不过她会失去 |
[14:53] | on her friends in the media and me. | 她的媒体朋友和我的信任 |
[14:55] | So, what’s your move, sport? | 那你有什么招 朋友 |
[14:56] | Nix the subpoena on Guillen, drop Daisy and move on. | 阻止吉伦的传唤 放弃黛西往前走 |
[14:59] | I can’t nix the subpoena. | 我没法阻止法院传唤 |
[15:01] | POTUS can’t interfere in a DOJ investigation. | 总统不能干涉司法部的调查 |
[15:04] | By tradition, not law. | 这是传统 不是法律规定的 |
[15:05] | The attorney general serves at the pleasure. | 司法部长随叫随到 |
[15:07] | I’ve made my decision. | 我决定了 |
[15:09] | We hold the line and hope that Valerie | 我们坚守阵线并希望瓦丽莱 |
[15:11] | exonerates Daisy tomorrow. | 明天能够让黛西无罪 |
[15:13] | And if she doesn’t? | 要是她不能呢 |
[15:14] | We reevaluate. | 我们再议 |
[15:16] | She’s earned that much, at least. | 至少她值得我们做到这 |
[15:22] | I require calories. | 我需要摄入热量 |
[15:26] | Chips? | 薯片怎么样 |
[15:27] | Ugh. | 啥 |
[15:30] | Vegetable? | 蔬菜片吗 |
[15:32] | Cindy’s cracking down on contraband. | 辛迪正对违禁食品严厉打击 |
[15:34] | Wish I could make her take a leave of absence. | 真希望我能让她也休假 |
[15:37] | Oh, hey. I’m sorry about Daisy. | 黛西的事我很遗憾 |
[15:40] | She’ll be back. You seen Conrad? | 她会回来的 你见到康拉德了吗 |
[15:43] | I think he went to bed. | 我觉得他睡觉了 |
[15:44] | You sound confident. | 你听起来很有自信 |
[15:46] | The Chronicle reporter, Valerie Guillen, | 《纪事报》的记者 瓦丽莱·吉伦 |
[15:48] | has a subpoena to appear before the grand jury at noon tomorrow. | 明天中午要接受大陪审团的传唤 |
[15:52] | And what if she refuses to testify? | 那要是她拒绝作证呢 |
[15:55] | We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. | 船到桥头自然直 |
[15:57] | And you realize that bridge leads to imprisonment. | 你知道那桥是通向监狱的 |
[16:00] | Of a reporter for doing her job. | 而这个记者只是做了本职工作 |
[16:02] | So I’ve been told, but it’s out of my hands. | 是的 但我管不了 |
[16:04] | Can’t… | 没办法 |
[16:06] | Oh, Henry. That face. | 亨利 你看它那表情 |
[16:08] | You mean the face of a dog | 你是说一只想要谋杀 |
[16:09] | who tried to murder our 34th president? | 我们第34任总统的狗的表情吗 |
[16:12] | Oh, God. You’re on that, right? | 天哪 你在处理那事 对吗 |
[16:13] | Uh, yes. There’s a world-renowned art conservator | 对 有个叫贾克斯的世界闻名的 |
[16:16] | in the Green Room as we speak named Jax. | 艺术品修复师现在正在休息室里 |
[16:19] | He’s gonna try using a 3-D printer. | 他会试着用3D打印机修复塑像 |
[16:21] | Jax. I feel better already. | 贾克斯 我已经感觉好多了 |
[16:28] | Is it wrong that the A.G.’s going after Guillen? | 司法部长指控吉伦有错吗 |
[16:32] | Well, politics aside… | 抛开政治 |
[16:35] | you have to ask what impact this could have on the press. | 你得问这会给媒体带来什么影响 |
[16:38] | I mean, there’s an event horizon | 我是说 这会带来给记者们带来无形的压力 |
[16:39] | where reporters will start thinking twice | 他们会开始在发布匿名来源 |
[16:41] | about publishing anonymous sources. | 的消息时考虑再三 |
[16:43] | Well, if they come from an illegal hack, | 如果他们的来源是非法黑客 |
[16:46] | maybe they should. | 或许他们应该多考虑一下 |
[16:54] | Is that what I think it is? | 这是我想的那个吗 |
[16:56] | He’s not half bad. | 他还不错 |
[16:59] | But it is more than half weird, right? | 但是这很奇怪 对吗 |
[17:03] | Last fall, he was doing six rallies a week, | 去年秋天 他一周做了六个公众集会 |
[17:06] | plus he had a pretty big day job. | 而且他还有非常重要的正职 |
[17:08] | And now he’s doing a concept album for kids? | 现在他在为孩子做一个主题唱片 |
[17:12] | Come on. | 得了吧 |
[17:13] | I was worried it was something with the marriage. | 我担心这跟婚姻有点关系 |
[17:14] | I know. Me too. | 我知道 我也是 |
[17:16] | After Lydia mysteriously cancels? | 在莉迪亚神秘地取消来访之后 |
[17:19] | It is a big deal to miss the portrait unveiling. | 错过肖像揭幕是件很大的事 |
[17:22] | It’s a major transition, leaving office. | 这是很大的转变 离开工作 |
[17:26] | I-I… There’s gonna be strain. | 肯定会有压力 |
[17:29] | Hey. We’ll be fine. | 我们会好好的 |
[17:32] | Good. ‘Cause if anything happens, | 很好 因为如果我们之间发生什么事 |
[17:34] | I’m keeping the dog. | 狗归我 |
[17:37] | Oh, yeah. | 是 |
[17:41] | President Dalton’s official portrait | 道尔顿总统的官方肖像 |
[17:42] | arrives in the Green Room this afternoon. | 今天下午会送到休息室 |
[17:44] | The program for the unveiling will be released shortly. | 揭幕仪式议程很快会发布 |
[17:47] | I have time for a couple more. | 我还有时间回答几个问题 |
[17:49] | What’s your reaction to the latest numbers from Quinnipiac? | 你对于昆尼皮亚克的最新数据有什么回应 |
[17:52] | They’re a historic low | 对于任何在这一时期的总统 |
[17:53] | for any president at this stage. | 这个数据都很低 |
[17:55] | President McCord doesn’t shy from adversity. | 麦考德总统不惧逆境 |
[17:57] | She’s in for the long haul. | 她愿意坚持到底 |
[17:58] | Last one. Frank? | 最后一个问题 弗兰克 |
[18:01] | Uh, any word on when Daisy will be back | 黛西什么时候会回来 |
[18:02] | or why she took that leave? | 还有她为什么休假 |
[18:04] | That’s two. And no. Thank you. | 这是两个问题 无可奉告 谢谢 |
[18:10] | Angela. | 安吉拉 |
[18:12] | Hey, Valerie. What’s up? | 瓦丽莱 什么事 |
[18:13] | I’d like to speak to Mike Barnow. | 我想见麦克·巴诺 |
[18:15] | I’d ask your predecessor, but someone hid her away. | 我想见你的前任 但是有人把她藏起来了 |
[18:19] | Do I look like a page? | 我像传话的吗 |
[18:21] | A little. | 有一点 |
[18:26] | Ms. Guillen. | 吉伦女士 |
[18:27] | This is an unusual request. | 这是个奇怪的要求 |
[18:28] | I’d offer you a seat, | 我想要请你坐下 |
[18:29] | but you’re due in court in half an hour. | 但是还有半小时你就要出庭了 |
[18:31] | I have a message for your boss. | 我有一个给你上司的消息 |
[18:33] | You’re looking to bargain, | 你要是想要交易 |
[18:33] | you should start with the U.S. Attorney. | 你应该先跟联邦检察官谈 |
[18:35] | I’ll just skip the line | 我想直接越级 |
[18:36] | to the chief executive, if it’s all the same. | 和行政长官直接谈 如果都一样的话 |
[18:39] | – Fire away. – Tell her that I will never, | -说吧 -告诉她在任何情况下 |
[18:41] | under any circumstances, reveal my source. | 我都不会暴露我的消息源 |
[18:45] | You save that for the judge. | 你留着跟法官说吧 |
[18:46] | And give legitimacy to that court? | 开庭的合理性在哪 |
[18:48] | I won’t be attending the hearing. | 我不会出席听证会的 |
[18:50] | They’ll hold you in contempt. | 他们会以蔑视法庭逮捕你 |
[18:51] | Then I’ll be writing from jail. | 那我会在监狱里写稿 |
[18:53] | I’ve already cleared it with my editor. | 我已经向我的编辑说明了 |
[18:55] | Ooh, you got to admit, | 你得承认 |
[18:57] | should be one hell of a story. | 这肯定是个很棒的故事 |
[18:59] | Maybe even book deal worthy. | 或许甚至可以出本书 |
[19:17] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[19:18] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[19:21] | I want to speak directly to you | 我想要直接跟你们说 |
[19:23] | about a story that leaked today | 一个今天泄露出来的消息 |
[19:26] | regarding my press secretary, Daisy Grant. | 关于我的新闻秘书 黛西·格兰特 |
[19:29] | Where’s Valerie? | 瓦丽莱在哪 |
[19:32] | Uh, I’m gonna take questions at the end. | 最后我会回答问题 |
[19:34] | Thank you. As you know, | 谢谢 众所周知 |
[19:36] | Daisy Grant remains under investigation | 黛西·格兰特由于可能将 |
[19:38] | for a possible leak, um… | 通过非法网络入侵而得到的材料 |
[19:42] | of hacked material to the press, | 泄露给媒体而被调查 |
[19:45] | which is a potential violation | 这一行为违反了 |
[19:46] | of campaign finance laws. | 竞选资金法 |
[19:49] | What you don’t know is that she is cooperating fully, | 你们不知道的是她正全力配合调查 |
[19:53] | and I am confident that she’ll be ultimately cleared | 我相信她最终 |
[19:56] | of any wrongdoing. | 会洗脱罪名 |
[19:57] | Where’s Valerie Guillen? | 瓦莱丽·吉伦在哪儿 |
[19:59] | That’s a question for the DOJ. | 这个问题应该去问美国司法部 |
[20:01] | Daisy will remain on leave until this case | 黛西将继续休假 直到这个案件 |
[20:04] | is properly adjudicated. | 妥善解决 |
[20:07] | – And in… – Where’s Valerie? | -在… -瓦莱丽在哪里 |
[20:09] | Where’s Valerie? | 瓦莱丽在哪里 |
[20:11] | Where’s Valerie? | 瓦莱丽在哪里 |
[20:12] | – Where’s Valerie? – Where’s Valerie? | -瓦莱丽在哪里 -瓦莱丽在哪里 |
[20:15] | Look, I appreciate your loyalty to one… | 听着 我很欣赏你们对同僚的忠诚 |
[20:19] | – Where’s Valerie? – Where’s Valerie? | -瓦莱丽在哪里 -瓦莱丽在哪里 |
[20:27] | Where’s Valerie? | 瓦莱丽在哪里 |
[20:29] | Where’s Valerie? | 瓦莱丽在哪里 |
[20:30] | Where’s Valerie? | 瓦莱丽在哪儿 |
[20:35] | You could have heard a pin drop. | 都可以听到针掉在地上的声音 |
[20:36] | Well, they made plenty of noise once they got outside. | 可他们一出去就闹起来了 |
[20:38] | Yeah, circling the wagons to whine about freedom. | 是的 团结起来 抱怨没有自由 |
[20:41] | It never gets old. | 这招屡试不爽 |
[20:43] | Except Valerie Guillen is in jail for contempt, | 但瓦莱丽·吉伦入狱是因为她藐视法庭 |
[20:46] | not for anything she published. | 而不是因为她发表的东西 |
[20:48] | This is about finding the truth, | 这是为了找出真相 |
[20:51] | not about censorship. | 而不是政治审查 |
[20:56] | Pass the romanesco. | 请把宝塔花菜递给我 |
[20:58] | You know, | 话说 |
[21:00] | I’ve been trying to grow this in my garden. | 我一直想在我的花园里种这个 |
[21:03] | Takes a lot of TLC. | 这菜需要无微不至的照料 |
[21:11] | Well, I don’t know where we go from here. | 我不知道我们该怎么办 |
[21:13] | I believe Daisy, | 我相信黛西 |
[21:15] | but this First Amendment standoff | 但是为第一修正案而僵持不下 |
[21:18] | could go on indefinitely. | 根本没有尽头 |
[21:19] | Meanwhile, | 与此同时 |
[21:20] | half of Congress is rushing to judgment, | 一半的国会议员急于急于下结论 |
[21:22] | calling for my scalp. | 想要我的命 |
[21:27] | Sir, if you could, uh, put in a positive word | 先生 如果你能在接受采访时 |
[21:30] | during your appearance to promote your album, | 帮忙说句好话 |
[21:33] | may help. | 也许会有帮助 |
[21:34] | That reminds me. | 这倒提醒了我 |
[21:36] | Couple of things I should, uh, share with you | 有几件事我应该和你们说一下 |
[21:38] | that might come up in the interview. | 我可能会在采访中提到 |
[21:41] | First, I’m gonna be a grandpa. | 首先 我要当爷爷了 |
[21:44] | What? Wow. | 什么 哇 |
[21:45] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -是的 |
[21:46] | Harrison and… | 哈里森和… |
[21:47] | And his girlfriend is going to have a baby. | 他女朋友要生孩子了 |
[21:50] | Lydia’s with her now. | 莉迪亚现在和她在一起 |
[21:51] | That’s why she couldn’t be with us, so… | 所以她才没来 所以… |
[21:54] | There was a bit of a scare, | 出了点小问题 我们有些紧张 |
[21:56] | but, um, she’s out of the woods now, so… | 但是 她现在已经脱离险境了 所以… |
[21:59] | Good. | 太好了 |
[22:00] | I wanted to tell you, but I didn’t get permission | 我早想告诉你 但我直到一小时前 |
[22:01] | until about an hour ago. | 我才可以宣布 |
[22:03] | Wow. So, when’s she due? | 她什么时候出生 |
[22:05] | November. Special month. | 11月 特殊的月份 |
[22:07] | – That’s fantastic. – Fantastic. | -太棒了 -太棒了 |
[22:08] | – Congratulations. Wow. – Thank you. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[22:10] | And second, | 第二 |
[22:12] | I am going to be joining UNICEF | 我将加入联合国儿童基金会 |
[22:14] | as its next executive director. | 担任下一任执行董事 |
[22:17] | – That’s perfect. Oh! – Yes. | -太好了 -太棒了 |
[22:19] | – I mean… – Wow. | -我的意思是 -天啊 |
[22:20] | – That’s great. – Yeah. I’m sure that, uh, | -太好了 -是的 我相信 |
[22:22] | between the hair and, uh, the guitar, | 我留了这种发型 还弹起了吉他 |
[22:25] | you probably thought my next step | 你大概会觉得我下一步 |
[22:26] | was gonna be, uh, playing for tips | 就要去咖啡馆 |
[22:27] | – on the coffeehouse circuit. – I was wondering. | -驻唱为生了 -我的确是这么想的 |
[22:32] | Toast. | 干杯 |
[22:33] | To your new job. | 为你的新工作干杯 |
[22:36] | And the next generation. | 还有下一代 |
[22:38] | Hear, hear. | 干杯 |
[22:41] | Our kids better procreate. | 我们的孩子也应该快生孩子 |
[22:43] | Oh, the sooner, the better. | 越快越好 |
[22:45] | That was big news tonight. | 这可是今晚的大新闻 |
[22:47] | Yeah, seriously. | 真的 |
[22:50] | Glad it wasn’t trouble with Lydia. | 很高兴他和莉迪亚之间没有出现问题 |
[22:55] | What? | 什么 |
[22:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:57] | I guess I was wanting some advice. | 我想我本想让他给我一些建议 |
[23:02] | The guy was with me every day of the campaign. | 竞选时他每一天都和我在一起 |
[23:05] | I just assumed it would be… | 我只是觉得… |
[23:09] | the same while I was president. | 我当总统时也应该是这样 |
[23:11] | Well, | 好吧 |
[23:13] | I know you’re not asking me, | 我知道你不是在问我 |
[23:14] | but that event horizon we talked about? | 但还记得我们说过的那种无形压力吗 |
[23:18] | It’s here. | 就在眼前 |
[23:19] | It’s an independent judiciary, Henry. | 那是一个独立的司法决定 亨利 |
[23:22] | Article II, section 2, clause 1. | 第二条第二款第一款 |
[23:24] | The presidential pardon. | 总统特赦令 |
[23:25] | You could free Valerie with one stroke of the pen. | 你一笔就可以把瓦莱丽解救出来 |
[23:29] | And give up on answers? | 放弃追寻答案吗 |
[23:31] | Because once she walks, that’s it. | 因为她一出狱 就全完了 |
[23:34] | Daisy’s career is over. | 黛西的职业生涯就结束了 |
[23:37] | And you can forget about finding the hackers. | 找到黑客是没有指望了 |
[23:38] | You know, the ones who attacked our democracy? | 那些攻击我们民主的人 |
[23:41] | A democracy that depends on the press. | 一个依赖媒体的民主国家 |
[23:44] | You want closure? | 你想让这事了结吗 |
[23:46] | Something’s got to give. | 有些东西必须放弃 |
[23:47] | Well, it won’t be me. | 我才不要 |
[23:49] | I’m gonna take a bath. | 我要去洗澡 |
[23:50] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[23:56] | Can we do more zoo tomorrow? | 明天我们可以再去动物园吗 |
[23:58] | Buckles wants to see the lions. | 小扣扣想去看狮子 |
[24:00] | Yes, let’s do it. | 好的 没问题 |
[24:04] | Good night, Simba. | 晚安 小辛巴 |
[24:06] | – Mama? – Yes? | -妈妈 -什么事 |
[24:07] | I like you home. | 我喜欢你回家 |
[24:10] | Me, too, pumpkin. | 我也是 宝贝 |
[24:13] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[24:33] | A lot of people are finding these revelations | 很多人认为示黛西·格兰特 |
[24:35] | of a connection between Daisy Grant | 和伊朗特工之间的关系 |
[24:37] | and an Iranian agent troubling. | 令人不安 |
[24:40] | Understandably. This goes beyond | 这是可以理解的 这比有一个 |
[24:41] | any sense of unease over having a weak president. | 软弱的总统更让人感到不安 |
[24:44] | We’re talking about a McCord fangirl | 她是麦考德总统的头号粉丝 |
[24:46] | who doesn’t say boo without her boss’s permission. | 没有老板的允许 她就不会张口 |
[24:48] | The investigation in the Senate is still ongoing, | 参议院的调查仍在进行中 |
[24:51] | but it sounds like you’re implying | 但听起来你是在暗示 |
[24:52] | President McCord was responsible for coordinating this hack. | 麦考德总统与这次黑客行动有密切关系 |
[24:56] | We’re simply connecting the dots. | 我们只是在拼出真相 |
[24:58] | When we finish, | 我们一旦完成 |
[24:59] | we’re going to take action. | 就将采取行动 |
[25:00] | Can you be more specific? | 你能说得更具体些吗 |
[25:01] | Not a member of the House, but if I were, | 我不是议员 但如果我是 |
[25:03] | I would say the facts merit a resolution. | 我认为这些事应该得到解决 |
[25:05] | Of impeachment? | 弹劾总统吗 |
[25:07] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[25:10] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[25:17] | Russell. | 拉塞尔 |
[25:19] | Oh, is this about the pandas? | 你是想说熊猫的事吗 |
[25:20] | Because zoo funding is in committee next week. | 动物园资金的事下周才开始讨论 |
[25:23] | Pandas don’t need my help. | 熊猫们不需要我的帮助 |
[25:25] | They’re cute, industrious | 他们又可爱又勤奋 |
[25:27] | and, unlike you, don’t crap the bed. | 不像你 他们不在床上拉屎 |
[25:29] | Then how can I help you? | 那我怎么帮你呢 |
[25:31] | You floated a word last night. | 你昨晚说了一句话 |
[25:33] | Impeachment. | 弹劾 |
[25:35] | Ironically, to comment on an investigation that you leaked. | 讽刺的是 这是为了评论你自己泄露的调查 |
[25:38] | Is that an accusation? | 你这是在指责我吗 |
[25:40] | Call it a warning. | 这是一个警告 |
[25:42] | You’re playing with fire. | 你在玩火 |
[25:44] | I’m not the one throwing journalists in jail. | 又不是我把记者关进监狱的 |
[25:47] | Fine. You want to poison | 很好 你想谋害 |
[25:49] | the country with a snakebite | 正式选举的总统 |
[25:51] | on a duly elected president, be my guest. | 进而毒害这个国家 请便 |
[25:53] | You’ll get slaughtered in the midterms. | 你会在中期选举中惨败的 |
[25:55] | I’m just a senator, Russell. | 我只是个参议员 拉塞尔 |
[25:57] | – Impeachment starts in the House. – Yeah. | -负责弹劾的是众议院 -是的 |
[25:59] | Where the puppets dance to your strings. | 众议院是任你摆布的木偶 |
[26:02] | Don’t play coy. | 不要跟我打太极 |
[26:04] | We have the votes. | 我们有选票 |
[26:08] | Dream on. | 你做梦去吧 |
[26:10] | Two fractured parties and a rabble of independents. | 两个分裂的政党和一群独立人士 |
[26:12] | What are the odds you can unite them | 你把他们联合起来反对一个 |
[26:14] | against the woman who passed ESI? | 赢得大选的女人的几率有多大 |
[26:16] | With Daisy Grant still employed in the White House, | 只要黛西·格兰特还在白宫工作 |
[26:21] | I think our odds are just fine. | 我想我们成功的机会就不会小 |
[26:31] | Mom, | 妈妈 |
[26:32] | what’s on my toast? | 我的吐司上的是什么 |
[26:33] | Uh, romanesco. | 是宝塔花菜 |
[26:35] | It’s like broccoli but weird. | 是奇怪版的西兰花 |
[26:39] | – Hmm. – How’s work? | -好吧 -工作怎么样 |
[26:40] | I don’t know. Is Valerie Guillen still in prison? | 我不知道 瓦莱丽·吉伦还在监狱吗 |
[26:44] | I’m taking flack, Mom. | 妈妈 我挨批评了 |
[26:45] | It’s got nothing to do with you, Stevie. | 这与你无关 史蒂芬 |
[26:47] | I work at a human rights organization, | 我在一个人权组织工作 |
[26:49] | so it has, like, everything to do with me. | 所以和我的关系太大了 |
[26:52] | Restoration complete. | 修复完成了 |
[26:53] | That’s the fastest nose job in Smithsonian history. | 这是史密森学会历史上最快的鼻子整形手术 |
[26:55] | Oh, good. | 很好 |
[26:56] | Wait, what happened? | 等等 发生了什么事 |
[26:58] | Oh, it’s a long story. Ask Hope. | 说来话长 问希望吧 |
[27:00] | Where is Hope? | 希望在哪里 |
[27:02] | I caved. | 我屈服了 |
[27:04] | She’s at the trainer. | 她在训狗师那里 |
[27:05] | Conrad’s on in a minute. | 康拉德的节目马上就开始 |
[27:09] | Oh, uh, Dmitri’s naturalization ceremony | 迪米特里的入籍仪式 |
[27:12] | is this afternoon. | 是今天下午 |
[27:13] | – Already? – Yeah. 3:00 | -这么快 – 是的 三点 |
[27:15] | at the district court on Constitution Ave. | 在宪法大街的地方法院 |
[27:18] | You want to go? | 你想去吗 |
[27:20] | Maybe. I-I mean, | 也许吧 我是说 |
[27:21] | I’m pretty tied up with this child labor case in Senegal. | 我忙着处理塞内加尔的童工案 |
[27:24] | Also, associating with a totalitarian thought suppressor. | 还和极权主义思想压制者是亲戚 |
[27:29] | Sorry. Not all of my colleagues call you that. | 对不起 不是所有的同事都这么叫你 |
[27:30] | Oh, there he is. Turn it up, please. | 是他 开大点声 |
[27:33] | Mr. President, was your decision to take this new job | 总统先生 你当了祖父是不是 |
[27:36] | motivated by becoming a grandfather? | 促使你决定接受了这份新工作 |
[27:38] | Absolutely. It reminded me | 绝对的 它提醒我 |
[27:40] | that there’s nothing more important | 没有比为孩子们工作 |
[27:41] | than working on behalf of children. | 更重要的了 |
[27:43] | Well, as a proud grandpa myself, I can tell you | 作为一个自豪的爷爷 我可以告诉你 |
[27:46] | it’s pretty much the only thing in life | 它几乎是生命中唯一 |
[27:48] | that’s as good as people say it is, | 和传闻一样好的事 |
[27:51] | – so welcome to the club. – Thank you. | -欢迎加入我们 -谢谢 |
[27:53] | I understand you’re, uh, staying at the White House | 我知道你这次来华盛顿 |
[27:55] | – during this trip. – Yeah. | -住在白宫 -是的 |
[27:57] | I, uh, I didn’t have enough points | 我的积分不够 |
[27:59] | to stay at the Hilton, so… | 不能住希尔顿酒店 所以… |
[28:01] | Well, it must be a nice change | 现在您无官一身轻 |
[28:02] | and a chance to catch up with your protégé. | 并可以和您的接班人叙叙旧 |
[28:05] | You mean my successor. | 你是说我的继任者 |
[28:06] | Well, President McCord is in some hot water right now. | 麦考德总统现在有麻烦了 |
[28:09] | I’m-I’m just wondering | 我猜想 |
[28:10] | if you timed this trip to offer advice. | 您安排这次旅行是否为了给她提供建议 |
[28:14] | Come on, advice? | 开什么玩笑 |
[28:15] | The last thing Elizabeth McCord needs is my advice. | 伊丽莎白·麦考德最不需要的就是我的建议 |
[28:19] | Her judgment is impeccable and her honor, unimpeachable. | 她的判断无可挑剔 她的荣誉无可指摘 |
[28:22] | And yes, I said unimpeachable, Senator Hanson. | 是的 我说她无懈可击 汉森参议员 |
[28:26] | Because i trust her more than I trust myself, | 因为我相信她胜过相信我自己 |
[28:28] | and if anyone can get through this farce of an investigation, | 如果有人能挺过这场调查闹剧 |
[28:31] | it is she. | 就是她 |
[28:33] | And she doesn’t need any input from me or from any of you. | 她不需要我或你们的任何意见 |
[28:36] | Because if anyone can handle this sexist crap, it’s she. | 因为如果有人能应付这种性别歧视的废话 那就是她 |
[28:39] | – I hear you, Mr. President. – I’m sorry. | -我明白了 总统先生 -我很抱歉 |
[28:41] | I, uh… Baseless attacks on good people kind of… | 我 …对好人毫无根据的攻击 |
[28:44] | set me off, I guess. | 大概是让我生气了 |
[28:45] | Well, I know what you mean. Maybe it’s time for a song. | 我明白你的意思 您该献唱一曲了吧 |
[28:48] | Thought you’d never ask. | 我正等你问呢 |
[28:53] | This whole record is… | 整张唱片都是 |
[28:55] | It’s for children. | 为孩子们而作的 |
[28:56] | Um, but this lullaby, | 但是这首摇篮曲 |
[28:59] | I wrote for my son Harrison’s future child. | 是为我儿子哈里森未来的孩子而写的 |
[29:14] | Close your eyes and go to sleep | 闭上眼睛 乖乖睡吧 |
[29:19] | The dreams you dream are yours to keep | 做一个属于你自己的梦 |
[29:25] | Close your eyes and sail away | 闭上眼睛 扬帆远航 |
[29:30] | Sail away with me | 与我一同远航 |
[29:36] | Close your eyes and rest a while | 闭上眼睛 休息一会儿 |
[29:42] | Let the music make you smile | 让音乐让你微笑 |
[29:47] | Close your eyes and sail away | 闭上眼睛 扬帆远航 |
[29:53] | Sail away with me | 与我一同远航 |
[29:58] | Sail away with me. | 和我一起远航 |
[30:06] | I told Olivia to draw up a presidential | 我叫奥利维亚为瓦莱丽·吉伦 |
[30:08] | pardon for Valerie Guillen. | 起草一份总统特赦令 |
[30:10] | She’ll be released today, so… | 她今天就要出狱了 所以… |
[30:12] | I’m glad. | 太棒了 |
[30:15] | But I know what it cost you. | 但我知道代价有多高 |
[30:18] | I tried to push you away from me. | 我想把你推开 |
[30:21] | Don’t ever let me get away with that. | 别让我得逞 |
[30:24] | I’m not gonna make it through this | 如果你不告诉我你认为我错了 |
[30:25] | if you don’t tell me when you think I’m wrong, | 我是撑不过去的 |
[30:28] | especially when I’m not listening. | 尤其是我不听的时候 |
[30:31] | Deal. | 好的 |
[30:33] | But on that note, there is something I need to share. | 但在这一点上 我得跟你分享点东西 |
[30:37] | Oh, please, God, make it be chocolate. | 上帝啊 我好希望是巧克力 |
[30:40] | You know the way Conrad said he could trust you completely? | 你记得康拉德说他可以完全信任你吗 |
[30:43] | I’m not sure you can say the same about Daisy. | 我不确定你对黛西也能这么说 |
[30:45] | And I do have chocolate. | 而且我真的有巧克力 |
[30:47] | Well… | 这… |
[30:52] | What do you mean… about Daisy? | 你这么说是什么意思 |
[30:54] | She accepted the flash drive from Claudine Bernard. | 她接受了克劳汀·伯纳德的U盘 |
[30:58] | She could still be innocent. | 但她仍然可能是无辜的 |
[31:01] | It’s not a question of guilt. It’s a question of judgment. | 这不是内疚的问题 这是一个判断的问题 |
[31:04] | If you were in her shoes, what would you have done? | 如果你处在她的位置 你会怎么做 |
[31:06] | – No idea. – Gone to the FBI. | -不知道 -你会去联调局上报 |
[31:08] | Even if it cost you an election. | 即使你为此而落选 |
[31:10] | Come on, babe. | 宝贝 别嘴硬了 |
[31:10] | If there’s one thing I know about you… | 我很了解你 |
[31:13] | you are scrupulously honest. | 你无以复加地诚实 |
[31:15] | While I appreciate that… | 谢谢夸奖 |
[31:18] | it’s not perfectly analogous. | 但这两件事不完全一样 |
[31:22] | Daisy thought she was protecting me, | 黛西以为她在保护我和美国 |
[31:24] | and the country from Miller. | 不受米勒的侵害 |
[31:28] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[31:30] | But… | 但是… |
[31:32] | the inconvenient thing about ethics | 道德的不便之处 |
[31:36] | is they can’t be cherry-picked. | 就在于它是一视同仁的 |
[31:38] | Daisy talked herself into doing something that was wrong. | 黛西说服自己做了一件错事 |
[31:41] | Don’t let that happen to you. | 你可别做这样的傻事 |
[31:44] | She’s more than an employee. | 她不仅仅是我的雇员 |
[31:48] | She’s my friend. | 她也是我的朋友 |
[31:50] | Then forgive her. | 那就原谅她 |
[31:54] | But you’re the president, | 但你是总统 |
[31:56] | and you have to let her go. | 你必须让她走 |
[32:02] | Fortitude, wisdom and virtue. | 刚毅 智慧和美德 |
[32:06] | These were all names that Conrad Dalton | 这些都是康拉德·道尔顿给 |
[32:09] | gave to live goats he released in an Army locker room | 他在美国海军学院时从军队更衣室里 |
[32:12] | during his time at the U.S. Naval Academy. | 放生的几只山羊起的名字 |
[32:16] | That young man | 那个年轻人 |
[32:18] | probably never imagined that those same | 可能从来没有想过若干年后 |
[32:20] | three adjectives would be given to him | 人们会用这三个形容词 |
[32:24] | without any irony years later, | 来形容他 并绝无讽刺之意 |
[32:27] | after a presidency that saw us through | 在他就任总统期间 |
[32:28] | some of the greatest dangers | 我们遇到了一些 |
[32:30] | the world had to offer. | 再危险不过的事件 |
[32:32] | So it is with immense honor | 我带着无上的荣耀 |
[32:35] | and more than a little anticipation | 还有许多的期待 |
[32:38] | that I dedicate the official portrait of | 为康拉德·约瑟夫·道尔顿总统的 |
[32:41] | President Conrad Joseph Dalton. | 官方肖像揭幕 |
[33:01] | Thank you, Madam President. | 谢谢 总统女士 |
[33:03] | Always nice to have a reminder of, uh, | 这肖像将永远提醒着我 |
[33:06] | how the office ages you. | 总统生涯让我老了多少 |
[33:11] | And, uh, thanks for bringing Dwight over here. | 谢谢你带德怀特过来 |
[33:12] | I, uh, used to enjoy communing with him back | 当我住在这里的时候 |
[33:14] | when I lived in this place. | 很喜欢和他交流 |
[33:16] | On July 8, 1948, | 1948年7月8日 |
[33:20] | four and a half years before he would become president, | 在他成为总统的四年半前 |
[33:23] | General Dwight David Eisenhower stood before the U.N. | 艾森豪威尔将军站在联合国面前 |
[33:27] | and spoke out against world hunger. | 为反对世界饥饿而发声 |
[33:30] | When children are starving, he asked, | 当孩子们挨饿时 他问道 |
[33:32] | “How can we in the future expect them to be apostles of peace?” | “他们这样艰难 将来怎样成为和平的传道者” |
[33:36] | Today, in this time of renewed hate and violence, | 今天 在这个仇恨和暴力死灰复燃的时代 |
[33:38] | that mission is more important than ever. | 这一使命比以往任何时候都更加重要 |
[33:41] | That’s why I’m proud to be opening | 这就是为什么我以 |
[33:43] | a new chapter in my life of service… | 我的奉献生涯翻开了新的篇章为荣… |
[33:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:50] | Sir. | 先生 |
[33:53] | I want to thank you for defending me the way you did. | 我想感谢你为我做的辩护 |
[33:57] | Of course. | 别客气 |
[33:58] | And I’m sorry if I didn’t seem more engaged, | 我并没有评价具体问题 我很抱歉 |
[34:01] | but, uh… | 但是… |
[34:03] | I didn’t want to stick my nose in where it doesn’t belong. | 我不想多管闲事 |
[34:06] | Well, I… I get that, | 这我明白 |
[34:09] | but don’t be afraid of casting a shadow. | 但不要害怕对我产生影响 |
[34:12] | I’ll take your advice and stand on my own. | 我将接受你的建议 自力更生 |
[34:14] | Point taken. | 明白 |
[34:16] | And for what it’s worth, you’re doing just fine. | 不管怎样 你做得很好 |
[34:20] | So you and Russell gonna get that round in? | 你要和拉塞尔一起去打高尔夫球吗 |
[34:23] | You know, think I’m gonna go home. | 我想我该回家了 |
[34:26] | I miss my wife. | 我想念我的妻子 |
[34:29] | Well, you know, she gets a portrait, too, so… | 她也会有肖像照 所以… |
[34:33] | Perfect excuse to come back. | 那是再回来的完美借口 |
[34:35] | Exactly. Bring the grandbaby. | 没错 再来就带着孙子 |
[34:37] | Will do that. | 好的 |
[34:38] | All right. | 好的 |
[34:40] | Conrad? | 康拉德 |
[34:43] | Is it great? | 不当总统了 |
[34:45] | Not being president? | 你感觉好吗 |
[34:48] | Ask me again in a few years. | 几年后再问我吧 |
[34:56] | Daisy? | 黛西 |
[34:58] | Daisy, is your leave of absence over? | 黛西 你的休假结束了吗 |
[35:01] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[35:03] | President McCord has invited me back to make a quick statement. | 麦考德总统请我回来做个简短的声明 |
[35:06] | At 02 this afternoon, the president issued a full pardon | 就在今天下午两点 总统完全赦免了 |
[35:10] | for the reporter Valerie Guillen, | 记者瓦丽莱·吉伦 |
[35:12] | who was serving time at D.C. Central Detention Facility | 她因为藐视法庭在 |
[35:16] | for contempt of court. | 华盛顿中央拘留所服刑 |
[35:17] | Her release is expected within the hour. | 她将在一小时之内获释 |
[35:21] | Now, this… | 现在 说到… |
[35:22] | this part is for me. | 说到我的部分 |
[35:24] | I have offered… | 我已经提出辞职 |
[35:26] | and the president has accepted… | 总统也已经接受我辞去 |
[35:27] | my resignation as press secretary. | 新闻发言人的职务 |
[35:33] | Growing up, I never believed | 长这么大 我从没想过 |
[35:35] | I’d get to see a female president, | 我会见到一位女总统 |
[35:37] | or any president that I could admire | 或任何一位让我 |
[35:40] | with my whole heart. | 由衷敬佩的总统 |
[35:42] | But I not only reached that mountaintop. | 但我不仅到达了这个巅峰 |
[35:45] | I got the chance to work here. | 还有幸在这里工作 |
[35:47] | It has been the privilege of a lifetime | 为伊丽莎白·麦考德工作一直是 |
[35:49] | to work for Elizabeth McCord. | 我一生的荣耀 |
[35:52] | And a great part of that privilege | 而这个荣耀中有很大一部分 |
[35:54] | has been getting to work with all of you. | 就是和你们大家一起工作 |
[35:58] | When I ask my daughter Joanna | 当我问我女儿乔安娜 |
[35:59] | what she wants to be when she grows up, | 长大想做什么时 |
[36:01] | she doesn’t say a vet or a cop or a dancer. | 她没有说要做兽医 警察或舞者 |
[36:05] | She says a reporter. | 她说要做记者 |
[36:07] | Because even my four-year-old daughter notices | 因为即使是我四岁的女儿都明白 |
[36:10] | how tirelessly you work to keep our citizens informed | 你们是如何不知疲倦的工作 让市民了解 |
[36:13] | and their government accountable. | 最新的资讯 也让政府负起责任 |
[36:16] | And you get to talk back to me on TV. | 而且你们还会在电视上跟我唇枪舌战 |
[36:20] | Okay, I think that’s most of it. But still, | 好吧 我想就这些了 但我还要说一句 |
[36:23] | I may not always agree with you, | 我们的观点不一定总是一致 |
[36:25] | but I respect the work you do. | 但我尊重你们的工作 |
[36:28] | And I couldn’t be prouder of the role | 而且我为你们在民主政体中 |
[36:30] | you play in our democracy. | 所扮演的角色感到无比骄傲 |
[36:31] | So, keep the faith | 所以 请坚守信念 |
[36:33] | 白宫 重大新闻 黛西·格兰特辞职 | |
[36:33] | and fight the good fight. | 努力奋斗 |
[36:36] | Ms. Lopez will take your questions now. | 现在洛佩斯女士将回答你们的问题 |
[36:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[36:42] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[36:44] | Angela? | 安吉拉 |
[36:45] | – Angela? – Angela? Angela? | -安吉拉 -安吉拉 安吉拉 |
[36:53] | That looks like fun. | 看上去挺好玩的 |
[36:54] | Cheaper than therapy. | 比心理治疗便宜 |
[36:56] | I want a meeting with Valerie Guillen, off the books. | 我想见见瓦丽莱·吉伦 私下会晤 |
[36:59] | Can you make that happen? | 你能安排一下吗 |
[37:01] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[37:03] | Yeah. | 确定 |
[37:09] | – I like it. – Yeah. | -我喜欢 -对 |
[37:13] | – Dmitri. – Hey, Henry! | -迪米特里 -你好 亨利 |
[37:14] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你过来 |
[37:15] | Talia, it’s so good to see you. | 塔莉娅 见到你真好 |
[37:16] | you, as well. | 我也是 |
[37:19] | Is, uh, Stevie… She’s not… | 斯蒂芬… 她没有… |
[37:21] | I guess she didn’t make it. | 我想她赶不过来了 |
[37:22] | Hey, you know, I love that tie. | 你知道吗 我喜欢这条领带 |
[37:24] | You ready for your trip? | 准备去旅行了吗 |
[37:25] | – All I need is my passport. – Excuse me. | -只等护照了 -不好意思 |
[37:26] | – Are you the first gentleman? – Yes. | -请问您是第一先生吗 -是的 |
[37:27] | – May I please shake your hand? – Yes, of course. | -我能跟您握个手吗 -当然可以 |
[37:29] | Hi. Henry McCord. | 你好 我是亨利·麦考德 |
[37:31] | Nice to meet you. Hello. | 见到你很高兴 你好 |
[37:31] | Nabil. This is my wife, Abeer, | 我是纳比尔 这是我妻子 阿比尔 |
[37:34] | and this is Leila. | 这是蕾拉 |
[37:35] | We are very proud to become citizens. | 能成为美国公民 我们非常骄傲 |
[37:37] | Especially with your wife as president. | 特别是有您妻子这样的总统 |
[37:39] | I’ll let her know. And we’re proud of you, too. | 我会转告她 我们也为你们骄傲 |
[37:40] | Can you imagine if that Miller was elected? | 您能想象如果米勒当选会怎样吗 |
[37:42] | This day would never happen. | 这一天绝不能到来 |
[37:43] | Please take your seats. Court is about to be in session. | 请大家就坐 法院即将开庭 |
[37:46] | Congratulations. You have a beautiful family. | 恭喜你们 祝你们家庭美满 |
[37:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[37:57] | Hear ye, hear ye. | 安静 安静 |
[37:59] | The United States Court for the District | 美国哥伦比亚特区法院 |
[38:01] | of Columbia is now in session. | 现在开庭 |
[38:03] | The Honorable | 由卡门·琼斯法官 |
[38:04] | Carmen Jones presiding. | 主持 |
[38:08] | Hi. Sorry I’m late. | 对不起 我迟到了 |
[38:11] | Um, I had to get you something. | 我必须把这个给你 |
[38:13] | – Stupid. – Thank you. | -有点傻 -谢谢大家 |
[38:15] | And good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[38:16] | Hey, it matches. | 跟领带很配 |
[38:17] | – Yeah. – I hope everyone is doing well today. | -是的 -我希望大家今天都过得不错 |
[38:20] | Now, do you want a boring speech | 现在 你们是想听乏味的演讲 |
[38:23] | or do you want to be citizens? | 还是想成为公民 |
[38:25] | Citizens! | 成为公民 |
[38:26] | Outstanding. | 太好了 |
[38:28] | Please stand, raise your right hand | 请起立 举起你们的右手 |
[38:30] | and repeat after me. | 跟我说 |
[38:34] | I hereby declare on oath… | 我在此宣誓 |
[38:36] | I hereby declare on oath… | 我在此宣誓 |
[38:38] | that I absolutely and entirely… | 我完全放弃 |
[38:41] | that I absolutely and entirely… | 我完全放弃 |
[38:43] | renounce and abjure… | 对以前所属任何 |
[38:45] | renounce and abjure… | 对以前所属任何 |
[38:47] | all allegiance and fidelity… | 外国亲王 君主 国家 |
[38:49] | all allegiance and fidelity… | 外国亲王 君主 国家 |
[38:51] | to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty… | 或主权的公民资格以及忠诚 |
[38:55] | to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty… | 或主权的公民资格以及忠诚 |
[39:04] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你来见我 |
[39:05] | I’d like an apology. | 我想听你道歉 |
[39:08] | – You first. – Excuse me? | -你先道歉 -什么意思 |
[39:10] | You facilitated an attack on our election with anonymous sources | 你利用无法确认的匿名消息源 |
[39:13] | you couldn’t possibly have confirmed. | 帮助攻击我们的选举 |
[39:15] | You put me in jail. | 你把我关进了监狱 |
[39:16] | And you put your government in the impossible position | 而你把政府置于在正义与自由之间 |
[39:19] | of choosing between justice and freedom. | 做选择的两难局面 |
[39:23] | Apology? | 还要我道歉吗 |
[39:25] | I gave you a pardon. | 我给了你特赦 |
[39:32] | Daisy has a daughter. She’s four. | 黛西有个女儿 四岁 |
[39:36] | And now that her mom is leaving, | 现在她妈妈离开了 |
[39:37] | I can’t get her out of my head. | 这件事在我脑子里挥之不去 |
[39:39] | One question. | 我只有一个问题 |
[39:40] | It’s not for the courts, Senate, but for me. | 不是为了法庭 参议院 而是为了我自己 |
[39:45] | And I swear to you | 而且我向你发誓 |
[39:46] | that your answer will never leave this room. | 你的答案不会传出这个房间 |
[39:49] | – Your source… – I can’t tell you. | -你的消息源 -我不能告诉你 |
[39:51] | Just need to know it wasn’t Daisy. | 我只想知道不是黛西 |
[39:54] | Please? | 拜托 |
[39:58] | It wasn’t Daisy. | 不是黛西 |
[40:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[40:10] | Got word from the Hill. | 我收到国会那边的消息 |
[40:12] | Hanson seems to be backing off. | 汉森看来要让步了 |
[40:15] | Extremist sites are still pushing the collusion angle, | 极端分子的网站还在从勾结的角度报道 |
[40:18] | but so far it hasn’t crossed over into mainstream press. | 但目前主流媒体没有这样做 |
[40:21] | Daisy’s resignation seems to have done the trick. | 黛西的辞职看来起效了 |
[40:24] | For now. | 暂时是这样 |
[40:25] | But you feed the wolf, he comes back. | 但你引狼入室 终将为其所累 |
[40:28] | – Gimme. – Okay. | -给我 -好 |
[40:33] | That’s for Daisy. | 这是为了黛西 |
[40:35] | I’m gonna miss her, you know. | 我会想她的 你知道吗 |
[40:38] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[40:40] | Me too. | 我也会想她 |
[41:01] | Stevie’s asking for an ETA. | 斯蒂芬问估计还有多久 |
[41:02] | Google says 12 minutes. | 谷歌说还有12分钟 |
[41:03] | Late to your own party. | 自己的派对都迟到 |
[41:05] | That’s something. | 真了不起 |
[41:06] | It’s only a party if we win. | 我们赢了才会有派对 |
[41:08] | Well, we have an excuse. | 我们迟到是有原因的 |
[41:09] | The last-minute heroics with get out the vote. | 动员投票到最后一分钟的神勇表现 |
[41:11] | And whose idea was that? | 那是谁的想法 |
[41:13] | Mine. | 我的想法 |
[41:14] | But I recall… I had an accomplice. | 但我想起来 我还有个同谋 |
[41:21] | Blake, do we have Miller’s number? | 布莱克 米勒的票数出来了吗 |
[41:23] | – Yes, ma’am. – We’re fine. | -是的 女士 -没事的 |
[41:25] | There’s no way they’ll call the election before we get there. | 他们不可能在我们赶到之前就宣布结果 |
[41:28] | Except we just won Texas. | 不过我们刚刚赢下了得克萨斯州 |
[41:30] | And if these results | 而且如果 |
[41:32] | from Virginia are correct… | 弗吉尼亚州的票数没错 |
[41:34] | Daisy. | 黛西 |
[41:37] | Lord in heaven. Ma’am, I can’t believe | 天哪 女士 我不敢相信 |
[41:39] | I get to be the first one to tell you this, but… | 会由我第一个告诉你这个消息 但… |
[41:42] | congratulations, Madam President-Elect. | 祝贺你 候任总统女士 |
[41:45] | Yeah! | 太棒了 |
[41:47] | Well, | 好 |
[41:48] | Come on. | 过来 |
[41:59] | *Close your eyes and go to sleep* | *闭上眼睛 乖乖睡吧* |
[42:05] | *The dreams you dream are yours to keep…* | *做一个属于你自己的梦* |
[42:08] | So the girl won, Mama? | 所以是女生赢了吗 妈妈 |
[42:09] | That’s right, baby. | 是的 宝贝 |
[42:11] | She did. | 她赢了 |
[42:16] | *Sail away with me* | *和我一起远航* |
[42:21] | *Sail away with me* | *和我一起远航* |
[42:27] | *Sail away with me* | *和我一起远航* |