时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Alex and Ellie-Rose | 艾利克斯和艾莉萝丝餐厅 |
[00:03] | are serving salmon. | 在上三文鱼的菜品呢 |
[00:06] | So we could do, like, a pinot gris | 那我们可以 比如来个灰皮诺白葡萄酒 |
[00:09] | or maybe just, like, a light red, like a pinot noir, or… | 或者要瓶淡红葡萄酒 像黑皮诺 或者… |
[00:13] | I don’t know. We can go off the grid | 我也不清楚 我们可以率性地 |
[00:14] | and do something effervescent. | 来点气泡酒 |
[00:15] | Yeah, just like you in the mornings. | 就像你早晨的样子 |
[00:17] | Please just weigh in so I don’t have to decide. | 拜托你发表点意见 这样我就不用做决定了 |
[00:19] | I will drink anything that pairs well | 只要是和倒挂的收益率曲线匹配 |
[00:20] | with an inverted yield curve. | 我喝什么都行 |
[00:23] | Leaving finance was the smartest thing I ever did. | 我做过的最聪明的事就是离开金融行业了 |
[00:25] | – Well, second smartest. – Mm. Ah… | -是第二聪明的事 -嗯 |
[00:28] | Coffee breath. Thank you. | 嘴里都是咖啡味 谢谢 |
[00:31] | – Did you use the elliptical? – Yeah. | -你用过椭圆机吗 -嗯 |
[00:34] | – Did you fix the elliptical? – No. | -那你把椭圆机修好了吗 -没 |
[00:36] | Which means 304 is about to give you an earful | 那就是说304室的那位要好好和你讲讲 |
[00:38] | for the unexpected wake-me-up. | 被吵醒的事了 |
[00:39] | Oh, this woman is a nightmare. Just back me up, please. | 那女的就是噩梦 你可配合我啊 |
[00:41] | Yeah. Right behind you. | 好 绝对配合你 |
[00:44] | – Yes. – Blake Moran? | -怎么样 -布莱克·莫兰吗 |
[00:45] | Yes. | 是我 |
[00:46] | Special Agent Belstaff with the FBI. | 联调局特别探员贝尔斯塔夫 |
[00:48] | We have a warrant for the search of your premises. | 我们有你住所的搜查令 |
[00:50] | Please step back. | 请退后 |
[00:53] | – Hey, uh, this is a private residence, okay? – I understand. | -这是私人住宅 -我知道 |
[00:55] | Trevor, don’t say anything. Just let them do their thing. | 特雷弗什么都别说 让他们该干嘛干嘛吧 |
[01:01] | Russell, hi. | 拉塞尔 你好 |
[01:03] | Yeah, we got a, um, little s-situation. | 我们这有个… 小状况 |
[01:06] | The FBI is part of the DOJ, | 联调局是司法部的一部分 |
[01:08] | and the DOJ is run by the attorney general, | 司法部长领导司法部 |
[01:10] | who answers to POTUS, so… | 向总统汇报 所以… |
[01:11] | – Guys, I think… – …stop me if I’m missing something, | -我想… -如果我漏掉了什么就打断我 |
[01:13] | but if A.G. Lambert was read in on a warrant | 但如果司法部长兰伯特听到要对 |
[01:16] | to raid the residence | 总统的副官家 |
[01:18] | of the aide-de-camp of the president | 颁发搜查令 |
[01:19] | without so much as notifying her, | 而居然没有知会她 |
[01:21] | he should be shot into space. | 他就应该被流放到太空去 |
[01:22] | What you’re missing is her internal mandate to pursue | 你漏了她内部的指令 |
[01:25] | – the investigation wherever it leads. – Guys, listen… | -要把调查进行到底 -大家听我说… |
[01:27] | – Hanson is setting a trap. – Huh. | -汉森在设圈套 -哦 |
[01:29] | Referring this matter to Justice for a concurrent investigation | 把这个事情转给司法部进行同步调查 |
[01:33] | was a brilliant overreach. | 是个绝妙的胜招 |
[01:35] | Because he knows the A.G. has to carry water for him. | 因为他知道司法部长得听他差遣 |
[01:37] | The slightest opposition | 政府部门哪怕是再小的反对 |
[01:38] | from the administration will smack of obstruction. | 都会显得是妨碍调查 |
[01:41] | Which means under no circumstances | 那就意味着我们无论如何 |
[01:42] | can we move to quash the warrant. | 不能撤销搜查令 |
[01:44] | Except the more rope we give Hanson, | 可是我们越给汉森烧热水 |
[01:46] | – the easier it is to fashion a noose. – Guys! | -他的刀磨得就越快 -我说 |
[01:49] | The only one being fit for a noose here is me. | 要被送上断头台的是我 |
[01:51] | Okay? They-they took my phone, my laptop. | 他们… 他们拿走了我的电话 我的电脑 |
[01:54] | Six years of-of unclassified documents… | 六年的没整理的文件 |
[01:56] | Six years? | 六年的 |
[01:57] | What kind of demented pack rat are you? | 你是多严重的收集狂啊 |
[02:00] | Okay, look, I knew she was special | 从我为她工作的那一刻 |
[02:01] | from the minute I started working for her. | 我就意识到她非同一般 |
[02:03] | I-I had a front-row seat from day one. | 从第一天起我就近距离得见 |
[02:08] | I was going to write a book | 我本打算她卸掉公职后 |
[02:10] | about the secretary when she finished public service, | 写一本关于国务卿的书的 |
[02:12] | which became a book | 后来又变成一本 |
[02:14] | about the first female president. | 关于第一位女性总统的书 |
[02:15] | Which I-is now a book about a starry-eyed kid from Newton | 而眼下又成了一本关于出生在牛顿市的 |
[02:20] | who follows his dreams to Sing Sing. | 怀揣幻想的孩子追梦追到新新监狱的书 |
[02:22] | – You’re not going to Sing Sing. – Right. | -你不会进新新监狱的 -对 |
[02:23] | That’s a state facility. You’ll be doing federal time. | 那是州立监狱 你要坐也是坐联邦的牢 |
[02:25] | Oh, God! | 我的老天爷 |
[02:28] | Blake, look at me. | 布莱克 看着我 |
[02:32] | Have you ever broken the law during your government tenure? | 你在政府任职期间有没有违反过任何法律 |
[02:35] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[02:36] | Then you have no exposure. | 那你就没有风险 |
[02:38] | It’s a fishing expedition. | 那就是捕风捉影的招数 |
[02:40] | – Nothing more. – The question is, what is Hanson fishing for? | -仅此而已 -问题是汉森想捉什么影子 |
[02:44] | He already grilled Blake for 12 hours. | 布莱克已经被他盘问了十二个小时了 |
[02:46] | I think Blake’s role | 我认为布莱克作为 |
[02:48] | as the president’s unofficial archivist may be an open secret, | 总统非正式文件保管人的角色可能是公开的秘密 |
[02:53] | which is why the warrant’s so broad. | 所以搜查令的范围才那么宽泛 |
[02:55] | This search is a naked pretext to breathe life | 这个搜查就是想让本已完蛋的调查 |
[02:57] | into an investigation that was flatlining. | 再起死回生的明显借口 |
[02:59] | And is suddenly metastasizing. | 而且突然间扩散开来了 |
[03:05] | We walled off the president. | 我们之前把总统给隔绝起来了 |
[03:07] | But we may be past that stage now. | 但可能我们不能再那样了 |
[03:13] | I’ll read her in. | 我去通报她 |
[03:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:30] | Mia Costello. | 米娅·科斯特洛 |
[03:32] | – Yes? – Jason McCord. | -干嘛 -杰森·麦考德 |
[03:34] | I know. Hi. | 我知道 你好 |
[03:36] | I’m sorry to bother you, I’m just such a big fan. | 很抱歉打扰你 我可是你的铁粉 |
[03:38] | Cambridge Rubric’s one of my favorite blogs. | 《剑桥头条》可是我很喜欢的博客 |
[03:40] | – Thank you. – You’ve– you got this great voice. | -谢谢 -你的观点很鲜明 |
[03:42] | You know? It’s, uh, it’s like Maureen Dowd meets Ronan Farrow. | 就像是陶曼玲和罗南·法罗的结合 |
[03:46] | – Red eye. – That’s nice of you to say. | -要红眼咖啡 -谢谢你的评价 |
[03:47] | Are you okay with a little friendly criticism? | 你愿意听点建设性的批评吗 |
[03:51] | – Sure. – ‘Cause it’s-it’s quibbling, really. | -当然 -其实是鸡蛋里挑骨头 |
[03:52] | What? | 说吧 |
[03:56] | Your last column. | 你最新的专栏 |
[03:58] | You called my mom a “Corrupt, unqualified crypto-fascist.” | 你说我妈妈”腐败而不称职的地下法西斯” |
[04:04] | – It was an opinion piece. – Yeah. | -这是表达观点 -噢 |
[04:06] | And the accompanying cartoon of her in fetish wear | 那配的卡通呢 她穿着情趣装 |
[04:09] | being whipped by Senator Hanson, that was… | 被汉森参议员用鞭子调教 那算是… |
[04:11] | – Satire. – Satire. Yeah. | -进行讽刺 -讽刺 噢 |
[04:15] | But, you know, it could be misconstrued | 但它有可能被某些人误解 |
[04:16] | by some as misogyny. | 为对女性的仇视 |
[04:19] | Or even slander. | 甚至是诽谤 |
[04:22] | You know, Jason, your mom is a public figure. | 杰森 您的母亲是位公众人物 |
[04:24] | Yeah. And the Rubric is a nonpartisan student publication, | 对 而《头条》是无党派的学生刊物 |
[04:27] | yet no other politician comes in for this type of treatment. | 可别的政治家都没有得到这样的待遇 |
[04:30] | Well, no other politician is president. | 别的政治家都不是总统啊 |
[04:32] | The first female president. Hmm? | 第一位女性总统 |
[04:35] | Yeah, I think I get the drift. | 我想我知道你的目的了 |
[04:37] | There’s no drift. | 没什么目的 |
[04:39] | I mean, Elizabeth McCord’s | 伊丽莎白·麦考德是 |
[04:40] | the most powerful person in the world. | 全世界最有权力的人 |
[04:42] | She can handle a little incoming, so… | 这点东西她能应付 所以… |
[04:43] | Jason? | 杰森 |
[04:45] | – Here you go, man. – I got to run. | -你的咖啡 -我得走了 |
[04:48] | Detail gets kind of… itchy | 我站在这 |
[04:51] | when I stand around, so… | 保镖有点抓耳挠腮 所以… |
[04:53] | I’m looking forward to your next issue. | 我期待着看你下一期的文章 |
[04:58] | – I-It’s a nonstarter. – I’m not telling you | -这事没有余地 -我不是让你 |
[05:00] | – not to go to the Correspondents’ Dinner. – You’re telling me | -不参加记者协会年度晚宴 -你让我 |
[05:02] | to be pulled away five minutes after I arrive. | 参加五分钟后就撤 |
[05:05] | Which means you were there. | 那你也是参加过了啊 |
[05:06] | As our dutiful White House photographer will document. | 我们恪尽职守的白宫摄影师会把你拍下来 |
[05:09] | The dinner is a hallowed tradition. | 晚宴是个神圣的传统 |
[05:12] | Presidents attend | 总统都要参加 |
[05:13] | whether their political fortunes are rising or falling. | 无论他们的政治前景是光明还是惨淡 |
[05:18] | Reagan bailed. | 里根就没参加 |
[05:19] | Because he was shot. | 因为他遇刺了 |
[05:20] | Okay, you’re nervous about telling jokes anyway, | 反正你也对讲笑话感到紧张 |
[05:22] | which you should be because you’re not funny. | 紧张是对的 因为你一点都不幽默 |
[05:24] | – What? – I– hmm. | -什么 -我… |
[05:27] | That is so not true. | 绝对不对 |
[05:29] | I have chops. | 我有包袱 |
[05:30] | Serious chops. | 很不错的包袱 |
[05:32] | And I’ve been working on my monologue. | 我一直在准备我的单口表演呢 |
[05:34] | And it’s actually, it’s pretty good. | 实际上 还挺不错的 |
[05:36] | Be that as it may, this dinner is not exactly ideal timing. | 就算是那样 这个晚宴的时间点不理想 |
[05:39] | You just locked up a reporter. | 你刚刚把一位记者给关起来 |
[05:41] | Valerie Guillen, remember? | 瓦丽莱·吉伦 还记得吧 |
[05:43] | And pardoned her. | 还赦免了她呢 |
[05:45] | Even if people aren’t talking about your predilection | 即便大家不去讨论你动不动就 |
[05:47] | for jailing reporters, they will be talking about | 把记者关起来 他们会讨论 |
[05:49] | the search warrant that was executed | 针对你助手私人住宅执行的 |
[05:51] | on your aide’s private residence. | 搜查令 |
[05:52] | Look, I’m not gonna worry about a stunt that was engineered | 这种试图给失败了的调查打强心针的小把戏 |
[05:56] | – to give a failed investigation oxygen. – It won’t play as a stunt. | -才不会让我担心呢 -人家不会当小把戏玩 |
[05:59] | The White House press corps is not exactly home team right now. | 白宫记者团眼下不能算是我们自己人 |
[06:01] | It’ll play as an escalation of a news cycle | 人家会把它玩成持续新闻的升级 |
[06:03] | we’ve been trying to change for months. | 而我们几个月以来一直想突破 |
[06:05] | It’ll juice impeachment talk, cast a shadow | 这会给弹劾的说法添油加醋 |
[06:08] | of a looming constitutional crisis. | 给潜在的宪法危机再蒙上阴影 |
[06:10] | And then there’s the bad stuff. | 那才是不好的东西呢 |
[06:11] | So it’s the perfect time to inject some levity. | 所以来点插科打诨正是时候啊 |
[06:14] | But, Bess, you’re not funny. | 可贝丝 你不幽默啊 |
[06:17] | – Russell. – Mike’s right. Not your strong suit. | -拉塞尔 -迈克说得对 搞笑不是你的强项 |
[06:19] | Listen, I think we’ve caught a break. | 听着 我想我们可以喘口气了 |
[06:21] | After a month and a half of intensive investigations | 经过我们情报部门 |
[06:24] | by our intelligence services, | 一个半月的紧张调查 |
[06:26] | we’ve isolated the culprits of Iran’s hack of our election. | 我们识别出了伊朗干扰我们大选的团伙 |
[06:29] | I’m just getting word that this morning, a federal grand jury | 我刚刚接到消息 今天早上联邦大陪审团 |
[06:32] | has issued indictments of five Iranian nationals | 针对五名伊朗人发出了指控 |
[06:35] | Ah… For election interference. | 罪名是干涉竞选 |
[06:36] | Finally. Oh, uh, Blake. | 终于 布莱克 |
[06:39] | Alerting President Shiraz’s office. | 通知设拉子总统办公室 |
[06:41] | Yeah. Also, can I get the, uh… | 没错 还有 帮我拿一下… |
[06:42] | The full background files on the Iranians? | 关于几个伊朗人的所有背景材料吗 |
[06:44] | – But I’m gonna need… – Photos as well. | -对 还有… -照片 |
[06:48] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[06:49] | Uh, nothing to brighten your morning | 没有什么能比一大早被一队联调局搜查官 |
[06:52] | like a battalion of Feds rifling through your underwear. | 翻箱倒柜搜遍内衣内裤更加提神醒脑的了 |
[06:56] | The worst is behind you. | 最糟糕的事情已经过去了 |
[06:58] | Yeah. Oh. | 没错 |
[06:59] | Underwear, behind. Nice. | 穿在里面的 丢在身后的 很棒的双关 |
[07:03] | I am so gonna rock that ballroom. | 我这次绝对会惊艳四座 |
[07:06] | You are seeking extradition | 你是想引渡我们的圣城军指挥官 |
[07:07] | 巴列维皇宫 伊朗总统官邸 | |
[07:07] | of Reza Mousavi, our Quds Force commander. | 雷扎·穆萨雷 |
[07:11] | For his criminal role in masterminding | 因为他策划了针对我的竞选对手的 |
[07:13] | a cyber attack on my electoral opponent. | 一次网络攻击犯罪 |
[07:17] | Elizabeth, | 伊丽莎白 |
[07:18] | I’m an ally, not a foe. | 我是友军 不是敌人 |
[07:20] | We have done such important work together. | 我们一起达成了这么重要的成就 |
[07:23] | The rapprochement between our countries, the nuclear treaty. | 伊美两国和解 核协议 |
[07:27] | All of which you jeopardized by tampering with our election. | 这一切都被你们操纵我国大选所破坏 |
[07:30] | This alleged tampering– | 你所谓的操纵 |
[07:32] | which we strenuously deny– | 当然我们一直都是极力否认的 |
[07:34] | was on your behalf. | 可是为你办的 |
[07:35] | It’s perverse you would seek to punish us for your success. | 你为了你的成功而惩罚我们 这不合常理吧 |
[07:38] | What’s perverse is assuming that I’d endorse behavior | 认为我会仅仅因为这行为对我有利而予以支持 |
[07:42] | merely because it benefited me. | 才是不合常理 |
[07:44] | Interfering with our elections | 干涉我们的竞选 |
[07:47] | was the act of an enemy. | 是敌国之举 |
[07:49] | That is reckless talk. | 你这话说得鲁莽了 |
[07:51] | Not as reckless as your breach of our democracy. | 那也没有你破坏我国民主来的鲁莽 |
[07:53] | You have 48 hours to extradite the people responsible, | 你有四十八小时引渡相关人员 |
[07:57] | or the price that Iran pays will grow exponentially steeper. | 如若不然 伊朗付出的代价将会大得多 |
[08:07] | Well, you cornered him. | 您把他逼到墙角了 |
[08:10] | And cornered prey either rolls over or… | 猎物被逼急了 要不就躲开要不就 |
[08:12] | Or lashes out. | 拼死一搏 |
[08:14] | We’ll monitor developments. | 我们会跟进事态进展 |
[08:18] | You’re already dressed, | 你已经梳妆好了 |
[08:19] | which means you’re not coming back to bed. | 也就是说 你不会再回床上了 |
[08:21] | I would love to, but I am, I’m pretty late as it is | 我也想啊 但我真的已经迟到了 |
[08:27] | and I’m actually not done with this yet, so… | 而且这个工作还没做完 |
[08:29] | – Yeah. Sorry I kept you. – No. | -抱歉 是我害你晚了 -不是的 |
[08:30] | I think we kept each other, right? | 我们是彼此羁绊 是吧 |
[08:32] | Yeah, that’s been happening a lot lately, huh? | 是啊 最近发生了很多事情 |
[08:35] | This is, this is important. | 这个 这个很重要的 |
[08:37] | – Hey. I have an idea. – Okay. | -我有个想法 -你说 |
[08:39] | How about… we… go out this evening? | 不如 我们 今晚出去玩 |
[08:46] | Uh, yeah, if I don’t have to work late again. | 行啊 如果我今晚不用加班的话 |
[08:51] | Take a stand. | 你要强硬一点 |
[08:53] | Tell them that you’re the president’s daughter. | 告诉他们 你是总统的女儿 |
[08:56] | Are you upset? | 你生气了 |
[08:57] | No, I’m… It’s not you. | 不是的 我 不是因为你 |
[08:58] | It’s just… we haven’t left the bedroom in weeks. | 我们已经好几个星期都没出过卧室了 |
[09:04] | Are you seriously complaining that you’re oversexed? | 你是认真地在抱怨我们纵欲过度吗 |
[09:06] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[09:07] | I’m just beginning to feel like a kept man. | 我只是觉得我好像被拘禁了似的 |
[09:09] | Ah… Okay. Okay. | 行行行 |
[09:10] | Cabin fever. I get it. | 幽居病 我懂了 |
[09:11] | I will tell the office that I have a hard out. | 我会和同事说 我今晚必须提前走 |
[09:14] | – Good. – Okay. | -好的 -行了吧 |
[09:15] | All right, I’ve got another one for you. | 我这边还有一题 |
[09:18] | Odontalgia. | 牙痛 |
[09:19] | Odontalgia. | 牙痛 |
[09:22] | O-d-o-n-t-a-l-g-i-a O-d-o-n-t-a-l-g-i-a. | |
[09:27] | Odontalgia. | 牙痛 |
[09:29] | Right again. | 又答对了 |
[09:31] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[09:32] | your national spelling bee champion Oscar Rubis. | 全国拼写大赛总冠军 奥斯卡·鲁比斯 |
[09:36] | Congratulations, sir. | 恭喜你 先生 |
[09:38] | Very well done. | 非常棒 |
[09:40] | The president and our champion will take a few questions. | 总统与我们的冠军将回答各位的提问 |
[09:42] | – Madam President… – Keira. | -总统女士 -凯拉 |
[09:44] | President McCord, | 麦考德总统 |
[09:45] | as a CIA operative in Baghdad, | 您在作为驻巴格达中情局情报人员期间 |
[09:47] | did you order the torture | 是否曾下令 对当时被中情局关押的 |
[09:49] | of Safeer Al-Jamil while he was in CIA custody? | 萨菲尔·阿尔贾米尔 实施虐待 |
[09:52] | We’re taking questions about the administration’s educational… | 今天的提问主题是本届政府的教育 |
[09:54] | What’s your response to the allegation | 有报道称 菲律宾总统安德拉达 |
[09:56] | that you assaulted Philippine President Datu Andrada | 曾对您进行性骚扰 并且反遭您攻击 |
[09:58] | after he made an unwanted sexual advance? | 请问您对此作何回应 |
[10:00] | That’s all we have for you today. | 今天的提问到此为止 |
[10:01] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢各位 |
[10:05] | Uh, Russell, do you have a second? | 拉塞尔 借一步说话 |
[10:06] | Not now. I know where they, um, | 现在不行 我知道他们 |
[10:08] | I think I know where they got their questions. | 我知道他们为什么会问这些问题 |
[10:15] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[10:18] | 国务卿女士 第七集 | |
[10:28] | The oppo was on a flash drive given to me | 负面调研存储在《华盛顿纪事报》的尼尔·申 |
[10:30] | by Neal Shin from the Chronicle, | 给我的一个闪存盘里 |
[10:32] | when he shadowed you three years ago. | 他三年前对您做过跟踪报道 |
[10:35] | In what universe is squirreling away material | 你到底是怎么想的才会把 |
[10:38] | whose only use could be to undermine the president | 这种唯一用处就是破坏总统声誉的材料 |
[10:41] | a good idea? | 给藏起来 |
[10:42] | Boswell here’s writing a tell-all, remember? | 我们这里有位博斯维尔要给总统写回忆录 |
[10:44] | Shin told me to keep it safe. | 申告诉我好好保存这个闪存盘 |
[10:45] | That one day the secretary might need what’s on the drive. | 国务卿可能有一天会需要用到里面的材料 |
[10:48] | He meant she needed it buried at sea, | 他的意思是 她需要把它丢进海里 |
[10:50] | not enshrined in your museum. | 而不是放到你的书房里供起来 |
[10:51] | It was in a safe. | 我放到保险箱里了 |
[10:55] | Ma’am, I’m really sorry. | 总统女士 我真的很抱歉 |
[10:57] | It’s all right, Blake. | 布莱克 没事 |
[10:59] | I mean, you couldn’t have anticipated the warrant | 你不可能预见到他们会有搜查证 |
[11:01] | or its scope. | 或是此事的影响范围 |
[11:02] | Yeah, or that some ally | 没错 也不可能预料到 |
[11:03] | of Hanson’s in the FBI is obviously | 汉森在联调局的同谋 |
[11:05] | leaking to the press. | 会把消息走漏给媒体 |
[11:06] | The timing’s right out of Hanson’s playbook. | 这时机正与汉森的计划相契合 |
[11:08] | Releasing dirt just before the Correspondents’ Dinner, | 在记者晚宴前夕放出不利消息 |
[11:10] | he’s chumming the waters. | 他这是在下饵 |
[11:12] | Thank you, Blake. | 谢谢你 布莱克 |
[11:13] | Yeah, thanks, Blake. | 真是谢谢您了 布莱克 |
[11:16] | Ma’am. | 总统女士 |
[11:22] | Olivia, I want I.G. to investigate | 奥利维娅 请总监察长调查 |
[11:25] | who at Justice was behind the leak. | 司法部 是谁走漏消息 |
[11:28] | I mean… that is a dangerous partisan move | 这是很危险的党派行为 |
[11:31] | for a department that is supposed to be apolitical. | 司法部本应保持政治中立 |
[11:33] | – I’ll take care of it. – On the down low, please. | -交给我吧 -请低调行事 |
[11:35] | Otherwise the president looks like the captain | 不然看起来像是总统 |
[11:37] | of the Good Ship Paranoid. | 带头疑神疑鬼 |
[11:39] | We have a massive political problem. | 我们面临着重大的政治问题 |
[11:41] | Daisy’s resignation was blunting Hanson’s momentum, | 黛西的辞职稍稍削弱了汉森的势头 |
[11:43] | but this raid jump-starts his investigation. | 但他又借这次突袭再次启动了调查 |
[11:45] | And it’s the first salvo of a concurrent FBI inquiry | 而且这还只是一次并发式联调局调查的第一轮 |
[11:48] | that could drag on for months. | 可能会持续数月 |
[11:50] | So now we’re fighting a two-fronted war. | 我们现在是腹背受敌 |
[11:53] | We should reach out to Hanson’s camp, | 我们应该与汉森的团队接触一下 |
[11:54] | see what he wants for a truce. | 试探一下 他是否愿意停战 |
[11:58] | Russell, put out a feeler, but let’s keep in mind | 拉塞尔 派人去打探一下 但是记住 |
[12:01] | that a truce is not surrender. | 停战并不是屈服 |
[12:04] | Well, we have a foreign relations problem, too. | 我们目前还有一个外交问题 |
[12:08] | Shiraz might be… | 设拉子如果得知 |
[12:09] | less likely to cave | 您在国内多方受制 |
[12:10] | if he thinks you’re under siege at home. | 或许就更不可能退让 |
[12:17] | Make that will be less likely. | 是肯定更不可能退让 |
[12:22] | Two hours ago, Hezbollah cells in Lebanon fired | 两个小时前 黎巴嫩真主党 |
[12:24] | 26 mobile-launched | 向以色列北部 |
[12:25] | surface-to-air missiles into Northern Israel. | 发射了二十六枚地对空导弹 |
[12:28] | Fatalities? | 伤亡情况如何 |
[12:29] | Three dead in Nahariya. Millions of dollars in damage. | 纳哈里亚三人死亡 损毁达数百万美元 |
[12:32] | Israel has already responded by blowing up | 以色列已经予以回击 |
[12:35] | a Hezbollah radar installation | 他们炸毁一个黎巴嫩真主党的雷达设施 |
[12:37] | and two suspected weapons manufacturing sites in Dahieh. | 和达希耶地区的两座疑似武器制造厂 |
[12:41] | Well, I guess we have Iran’s response | 我认为这是伊朗对您的最后通牒 |
[12:43] | to your ultimatum, madam. | 所做的回应 总统女士 |
[12:44] | They’re using their terrorist proxy to attack Israel, | 他们这是利用他们的恐怖组织攻击以色列 |
[12:47] | sending a message that | 以此向我们传递一个信息 |
[12:48] | they will drag the region into chaos | 如果我们在引渡方面不做退让 |
[12:50] | if we don’t back off our extradition request. | 他们就会把这一区域拖入战争泥沼 |
[12:53] | Did you reach out to Foreign Minister Tousi? | 你有没有联系过外交部长图西 |
[12:55] | My Iranian counterpart professes surprise. | 我的伊朗同僚表示震惊 |
[12:57] | He claims Iran has no influence over renegade cells. | 他声称伊朗与叛党并无关联 |
[13:02] | Shiraz is squeezing you, Madam President, | 设拉子这是在向您施压 总统女士 |
[13:04] | betting your domestic distractions will weaken | 他赌国内的局势会分散 |
[13:06] | your appetite for international conflict. | 您对国际争端的注意 |
[13:09] | Well, unfortunately for him, | 那算他运气不好 |
[13:10] | I can walk and chew gum at the same time. | 我能两手抓两手都不误 |
[13:12] | How’s the rial doing, Susan? | 里亚尔[伊朗货币]情况怎么样 苏珊 |
[13:14] | It’s in free fall. The Iranian economy is | 直线下跌 伊朗经济 |
[13:16] | teetering on the brink of collapse. | 徘徊在崩溃边缘 |
[13:17] | Reach out to the G8 members. | 联系G8峰会成员国 |
[13:19] | I want to turn the screws, | 我希望加大压力 |
[13:20] | – step up multilateral sanctions. – Immediately. | -加强多边制裁 -马上就去 |
[13:22] | And add the head of the Revolutionary Guard | 把革命卫队的头目 |
[13:25] | and the Speaker of the Iranian Parliament | 还有以色列议会的议长 |
[13:27] | to the SDN and Blocked Persons List. | 加到交换数字网络和黑名单 |
[13:29] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 总统 |
[13:30] | Russell, you’ve got a personal relationship | 拉塞尔 你跟以色列的首相 |
[13:31] | with the Israeli prime minister. | 有私交 |
[13:34] | You tell him to keep his powder dry. | 你告诉他时刻做好准备 |
[13:36] | Doron will do that for only so long. | 多伦可撑不了多长时间 |
[13:39] | We’re playing with fire here. | 我们这是在玩火 |
[13:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:46] | Coffee this late? | 这么晚喝咖啡吗 |
[13:48] | You’re gonna be up all night. | 你这一宿别睡了 |
[13:49] | It’s not coffee. | 这不是咖啡 |
[13:51] | It’s a perfectly alkaline chicory matcha superdrink | 这是碱性菊苣抹茶超级饮料 |
[13:55] | with ayurvedic herbs that Chef Cindy whipped up for me. | 配有辛迪主厨特意给我加的印度草药 |
[13:59] | Whoa. What does that taste like? | 喝起来什么味道 |
[14:02] | Despair. | 绝望 |
[14:05] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[14:08] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[14:09] | Yum. | 好喝吧 |
[14:10] | Yeah, I’m sorry I’ve been a little scarce the past few weeks. | 是啊 抱歉这几周见面有点少 |
[14:13] | Well, I was young once, too. | 我也年轻过 |
[14:16] | So, how’s Dmitri? | 迪米特里怎么样 |
[14:19] | – He’s good. – Good. | -他挺好的 -不错 |
[14:21] | He’s great. | 他好极了 |
[14:24] | Actually, can I ask you…? | 其实 我可以问你… |
[14:29] | You know what, if you’re too busy… | 这样吧 要是你太忙了 |
[14:31] | No, I– Dish away. | 没有 我 扔一边了 |
[14:33] | So… | 所以 |
[14:36] | Dmitri wants to do, um, | 迪米特里想要 |
[14:39] | traditional couples stuff, like, in public. | 在公共场合 做一些普通情侣会做的事 |
[14:42] | – Swell. – Yeah, except here’s the thing. | -挺好嘛 -是 除了一个问题 |
[14:46] | I, I was just with Griffin. I mean, God. | 我 我刚还和格里芬在一起 天哪 |
[14:50] | And our relationship was all over Instagram | 我们的关系在照片墙还有 |
[14:54] | and-and tabloids, and, like, what, | 八卦小报上到处都是 然后 |
[14:56] | a few weeks later I’m coming out like, “Hey, here’s my new…” | 几周后我又出来说”这是我的新…” |
[14:59] | What’s your concern? | 你在担心什么 |
[15:01] | I mean, judgment. | 舆论 |
[15:04] | What’s your real concern? | 你真正的担心是什么 |
[15:07] | Stevie, you are the most private of my three kids. | 斯蒂芬 你是我三个孩子中最低调的 |
[15:11] | And you’re also the one | 并且你也是那个 |
[15:13] | who cares the least about what other people think. | 最不担心其他人怎么想的人 |
[15:17] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:19] | I guess it’s more about what I think. | 我猜更多的是我怎么想 |
[15:22] | Which is? | 是什么呢 |
[15:25] | That I was devastated when this didn’t work before. | 之前这段关系没成的时候我很难过 |
[15:29] | And if I commit again and we fail… | 那如果我又投入进去然后我们没成… |
[15:35] | You’ll take it even harder. | 你会更加难过 |
[15:37] | Yeah. Because this time, you know, | 对 因为这一次 |
[15:41] | there’s nobody to blame but me. | 没有人能去责怪了 就只有我 |
[15:45] | Oh, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[15:47] | It’s scary. | 这很吓人 |
[15:50] | Try terrifying. | 或者说可怕 |
[15:54] | Love is all about… | 爱是关于… |
[15:59] | You have to risk everything… | 你得冒着付出一切的风险… |
[16:04] | to gain everything. | 来得到一切 |
[16:05] | Do you think that we’ll make it? | 你觉得我们能成吗 |
[16:10] | Well, I think that… | 我觉得… |
[16:14] | you should take it one step at a time. | 你应该一步一步来 |
[16:19] | Go to dinner, | 去吃晚餐 |
[16:21] | then come back and tell me what real food tastes like. | 然后回来告诉我真正的食物是什么味道 |
[16:31] | I was just going to come to see you. | 我正要来见你 |
[16:32] | I was crawling out of my skin. | 我都快急死了 |
[16:33] | Just show me. Okay. This was posted | -给我看 -好吧 这是今早六点 |
[16:34] | Don’t preface, just give it to me. | 别说开场白了 给我 |
[16:34] | On a website of a publication | 发布在一个叫 |
[16:37] | called the Rubric at 6:00… this morning. | 《标题》的出版物网站上 |
[16:37] | What– ooh, wait. | 什么 等一下 |
[16:39] | Okay. “A dislike of a free press | “对于媒体自由的厌恶 |
[16:41] | seems to run in the McCord family, | 似乎是麦考德家族的传统 |
[16:42] | “As first son Jason demonstrated by confronting | 作为长子杰森针对一条对他母亲的描述 |
[16:44] | “The Rubric’s editor over a description of his mother | 他认为是厌恶女人并且恶意中伤的 |
[16:47] | “He labeled misogynistic and slanderous, | 质问《标题》的编辑 |
[16:50] | “Then baldly suggesting the first female president | 然后大胆地建议第一位女性总统 |
[16:52] | – deserved preferential treatment.” – Oh, come on. | -应该受到优待” -不是吧 |
[16:54] | – You can take it from here. – What– um… | -你可以拿去看了 -什么 |
[16:57] | “When his charm offensive ran aground, | “在他的魅力攻势搁浅后 |
[16:58] | “McCord resorted to ham-fisted threats, | 麦考德使用愚笨的威胁 |
[17:00] | “Alluding to his Secret Service detail and their… | 暗指要用特勤处保卫人员和他们的… |
[17:03] | – guns.” – Guns. | -枪” -枪 |
[17:04] | “The implication being they might be deployed | “暗指道 他们可能会调动资源 |
[17:06] | “To muzzle yours truly. After all, Jason warned, | 迫使你保持沉默 杰森强调 毕竟 |
[17:08] | his mother was ‘the most powerful person in the world.'” | 他母亲是’世界上最有权力的人'” |
[17:10] | Nearly two million retweets. | 有将近两百万转发 |
[17:12] | Picked up by the AP, foreign media, it’s… | 被联合通讯社 外国媒体报道 |
[17:15] | Yeah. Because I’m not already | 是啊 因为我之前没有 |
[17:17] | in Dutch enough with the press corps, | 完全得罪过媒体军团 |
[17:19] | who I will be schmoozing tomorrow night. | 明晚我还要跟他们闲谈 |
[17:22] | Yep. | 对 |
[17:22] | He is going to issue an apology. | 他得公开发表道歉 |
[17:24] | Yes, agreed. | 对 同意 |
[17:26] | Then we are going to shave his head | 然后我们得给他剃个头 |
[17:27] | and ship him off to military school. | 然后送他去军校 |
[17:28] | Well, h-he’s not 12, but that is a good thought. | 他不是十二岁 不过这是个好想法 |
[17:30] | Madam President, you’re needed in the Sit Room immediately. | 总统女士 需要您立刻去一趟战情室 |
[17:33] | Okay, listen, I will have him on the next train down here | 好吧 我会让他坐下一趟车过来 |
[17:35] | – to give us time to give him a proper neck-wringing. – Okay. | -好给我们时间来拧下他的脖子 -好 |
[17:38] | – You just go save the world. – Okay, okay. Yep, yep, yep. | -你先去拯救世界 -好好好 |
[17:41] | At 9:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time, | 在格林威治时间早上九点 |
[17:43] | the G8 member nations notified Tehran | G8成员国通知德黑兰 |
[17:47] | that the sanctions on the Shiraz regime were being trebled. | 对于设拉子政权的制裁会加到三倍 |
[17:50] | Three hours later, | 三小时后 |
[17:51] | the U.K.’s two largest banks | 英国两家最大的银行 |
[17:53] | reported data breaches on their cloud servers. | 报告了他们的云端服务器有数据泄露 |
[17:55] | And the London and Frankfurt stock exchanges | 伦敦和法兰克福的股票市场 |
[17:58] | just suspended trading after their own breaches. | 在他们自己的泄露后暂停交易 |
[18:01] | We confirm Iran was behind it? | 我们确定伊朗主导的这一切吗 |
[18:03] | We know they are. | 我们知道是他们干的 |
[18:04] | They have hacking mills now. | 他们现在有黑客工厂了 |
[18:06] | People on the job 24/7. | 24小时连轴转 |
[18:07] | And Tehran’s aggression isn’t limited | 德黑兰的野心不仅限于 |
[18:09] | to financial markets. | 金融市场 |
[18:12] | A French-flagged oil tanker | 在霍尔木兹海峡的一艘 |
[18:13] | in the Strait of Hormuz nearly capsized | 法国油轮在自动压载 |
[18:16] | after the automated ballast | 控制系统被远程侵入后 |
[18:18] | control system was remotely compromised. | 几近倾覆 |
[18:21] | And British ships in the region are reporting problems with GPS. | 在行政区的英国船只报告GPS出现问题 |
[18:25] | Meaning traffic through the most important | 意味着全球最重要的 |
[18:27] | oil-shipping route in the world | 油船航线交通 |
[18:29] | – has come to a complete standstill. – All of which | -现在完全停滞 -这全是 |
[18:31] | is a prelude to an inevitable spike in oil prices, | 油价不可避免地急剧上涨的序曲 |
[18:34] | which you will be blamed for. | 而这些都会怪在你头上 |
[18:36] | There is nothing subtle about this, ma’am. | 这些没有什么微妙 总统 |
[18:39] | Shiraz is under pressure by the hard-liners. | 设拉子被强硬派镇压着 |
[18:41] | He wants to stay in power, he has to appease them. | 他想要保住他的权利 他必须安抚他们 |
[18:44] | So, unless we back off, this is just the beginning. | 所以除非我们放手 不然这只是个开始 |
[18:48] | Well, I’ll personally reach out to our allies. | 我会亲自跟我们的盟友联系了 |
[18:52] | Reinforce the coalition. | 增强我们的联盟 |
[18:54] | Our allies aren’t going to spend political capital | 我们的盟友不会把政治资本 |
[18:56] | on an embattled president. | 放在一个四面楚歌的总统身上 |
[18:58] | The undermining of democracy should concern | 对于民主的信心的逐渐削弱 |
[19:00] | all free nations. | 是所有自由国家都该担心的 |
[19:02] | Well, our friends aren’t as like-minded. | 我们的朋友并不是跟我们想法一致 |
[19:04] | And we won’t be able to exert enough pressure | 我们不能单独对设拉子施加足够的压力 |
[19:06] | on Shiraz independently to force him to cough up the hackers. | 来让他抓住那些黑客 |
[19:13] | Then we’ll go it alone. | 那我们就单独干 |
[19:14] | Ellen, have JSOC pull up scenarios for the extraction | 艾伦 让特战司令部做出转移 |
[19:18] | of the five Iranian nationals | 干扰我们选举的 |
[19:19] | responsible for the attack on our elections. | 五位公民的方案 |
[19:22] | You are talking about breaching Iranian sovereignty. | 你是在说侵犯伊朗主权 |
[19:25] | Yes. | 对 |
[19:26] | That is an extreme response. | 这是很极端的回应 |
[19:28] | To an extreme provocation, | 对于一个极端的挑衅 |
[19:30] | which we have tried to address diplomatically with Tehran. | 我们试图用外交手段与德黑兰沟通多次 |
[19:34] | And through the use of sanctions. | 尽管通过使用制裁 |
[19:36] | Those measures have not only failed, | 那些手段不仅失败了 |
[19:38] | but Iran has become emboldened. | 而且伊朗更加变本加厉 |
[19:40] | Ma’am, I’m duty bound to advise you | 总统 我有责任告诉你 |
[19:42] | that this could be seen as an act of war. | 这可能会被视为战争行为 |
[19:44] | One which puts U.S. citizens and service members | 会使得美国公民和海外服务人员 |
[19:47] | overseas in the line of fire. | 处于战火之中 |
[19:50] | Not to mention our allies. | 更不要说我们的盟友 |
[19:54] | Does anyone here doubt that interfering with our elections | 这里有人质疑干扰我们的选举 |
[19:59] | was an act of war? | 是战争行为吗 |
[20:05] | What we do here– | 我们在这做 |
[20:06] | or don’t do– will have consequences. | 与不做 都会有后果 |
[20:11] | Because America is the bellwether for freedom. | 因为美国是自由世界的领头羊 |
[20:14] | If we look away, | 如果我们不管 |
[20:16] | then democracies everywhere are at risk. | 那所有地方的民主都会有危险 |
[20:25] | I expect a full range of options as soon as you gather them. | 我需要你们尽快给我一份行动计划 |
[20:32] | I’m not saying “Congressman Codeine.” | 我不要说”可待因议员” |
[20:35] | Why? He’s out of rehab. | 为什么 他已经从戒毒所出来了 |
[20:38] | Fine. Senator Lithium? | 好吧 锂议员 |
[20:40] | Oh, for God… | 天哪 |
[20:41] | I… Hey, Russell. | 我… 拉塞尔 |
[20:43] | Welcome to the laugh-free zone, starring your headliner Mike B. | 欢迎收看由麦克·B领衔主演的免笑区 |
[20:49] | Yeah, the gang at Cactus Norm’s | 是的 仙人掌餐厅的 |
[20:50] | open mic night would beg to differ. | 那帮玩脱口秀的肯定不敢苟同 |
[20:51] | By the way, two-for-one margaritas on Sundays, | 对了 那地方周日玛格丽特酒买一送一 |
[20:53] | but, uh, skip the tuna nachos. | 但是 金枪鱼玉米片就算了 |
[20:55] | I think you’re gonna find | 我认为你会觉得 |
[20:56] | this update aggressively unfunny, too. | 接下来的汇报也不好笑 |
[20:59] | I back-channeled with Hanson’s chief of staff. | 我私下和汉森的幕僚长沟通了一下 |
[21:02] | He named his price for shutting down the investigation. | 他为停止调查开了一个条件 |
[21:06] | One kidney or two? | 要一个肾还是两个 |
[21:07] | Oh, the whole body, I’m afraid. | 恐怕要全身的 |
[21:09] | He’s demanding rollbacks on the ESI bill, | 他要求撤回《教育科学和基础设施法案》 |
[21:12] | approval rights on all judicial nominees. | 批准所有司法提名人的权利 |
[21:14] | – Well, that’s sort of funny. – Yeah, well, | -这还有点意思 -是的 |
[21:16] | I won’t even mention the raft of anti-environment initiatives, | 我就不提什么反环境政策倡议 |
[21:20] | corporate tax cuts, weakening gun control | 削减公司税 弱化枪支管控 |
[21:23] | and health care legislation, | 还有医改法案了 |
[21:25] | all of which he is expecting you to cosign. | 他希望这些你都能联合签署 |
[21:31] | If I don’t? | 我要是不签呢 |
[21:32] | Well, then he and his allies | 他和他的同党 |
[21:33] | will beat the impeachment drum for the rest of your term. | 会在你剩余的任期内鼓足了劲弹劾你 |
[21:36] | I agree to his demands, I’ll be functionally impeached anyway. | 我要是答应了他的要求 我也会被弹劾 |
[21:39] | It’s still worth considering. | 还是值得考虑一下的 |
[21:41] | On what basis? | 依据什么 |
[21:42] | Political winds can shift, leverage can change. | 政治风向可以变 手段也可以改变 |
[21:46] | Deals can be unmade. | 答应了的交易可能做不成 |
[21:48] | I have no interest in this office | 如果我不能执政为民 |
[21:50] | if I can’t do what the people put me here for. | 那我也不想当这个总统了 |
[21:53] | I’d rather be on the farm in Virginia writing my memoirs. | 还不如在弗吉尼亚的农场里写我的回忆录 |
[21:56] | With all due respect, ma’am, | 恕我直言 总统女士 |
[21:57] | that might be sooner than you think. | 也许比你想像得要快 |
[22:03] | I’ll find time to speak with Senator Hanson | 我会在记者晚宴上找时间 |
[22:06] | at the Correspondents’ Dinner. | 和汉森参议员聊聊的 |
[22:08] | Maybe we’ll find some common ground. | 也许我们会找到一些共同点 |
[22:11] | I’ll pass the word. | 我去传话 |
[22:13] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 抱歉 总统女士 |
[22:14] | Uh, Jason is in the Residence. | 杰森回到官邸了 |
[22:16] | Would you like me to invite him down? | 要我请他过来吗 |
[22:21] | No. | 不用了 |
[22:23] | Ask Henry to meet me there. | 让亨利去那和我碰头 |
[22:24] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 总统女士 |
[22:26] | First off, every word I said was taken out of context. | 首先 我说的每一句话都被断章取义了 |
[22:29] | Oh, a hit job, huh? | 故意打击你了 |
[22:31] | Yeah, totally. And… | 对 就是这么回事 |
[22:33] | Well, we happen to have the piece right here, | 我们手头恰好有这篇文章 |
[22:34] | so we can go over the inaccuracies. | 那就看看都有哪些不准确的地方 |
[22:38] | Okay, maybe I was a tiny bit clumsy. | 好吧 也许我有点笨手笨脚的 |
[22:41] | Breaking a vase is clumsy, Jason. | 打破花瓶才叫笨手笨脚 杰森 |
[22:44] | Accusing a female writer of misogyny | 指责一位女作家歧视女性 |
[22:47] | while flagging the fact that your detail | 同时还暗示你的保镖 |
[22:49] | is packing heat– that’s just dumb. | 身上有枪 这叫蠢 |
[22:51] | I was defending you. | 我是在维护你 |
[22:54] | I know it came from a good place, | 我知道你是出于好心 |
[22:57] | but you don’t help me by throwing your weight around. | 但是你滥用自己的权力可帮不了我 |
[23:00] | And when you talk to journalists, | 尤其是你和记者说话的时候 |
[23:03] | your words are going to be scrutinized. | 你所说的每一个字都要精雕细琢 |
[23:05] | Real journalists | 真正的记者 |
[23:06] | don’t tote around Hello Kitty knapsacks. | 是不会背凯蒂猫的背包的 |
[23:08] | No, no, the blog’s a farce, okay? | 不 那个博客就是一出闹剧 |
[23:10] | I’m the victim here. | 我才是受害者 |
[23:11] | – Oh, boy. – See, that’s just not the way | -天啊 -你看 原来这不是 |
[23:13] | you want to play this, sport. | 你想要的方式 伙计 |
[23:14] | No, everyone attacks you. | 对 所有人都攻击你 |
[23:16] | And you just turn the other cheek. | 而你们却坐视不管 |
[23:18] | Don’t you get sick of that? | 你不觉得烦吗 |
[23:20] | I don’t have that luxury, | 我没有烦的资本 |
[23:23] | and neither does my family. | 我的家人也没有 |
[23:24] | And I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is. | 对不起 但事情就是这样 |
[23:29] | Okay. I… | 好吧 我 |
[23:34] | Lesson learned. Are we done here? | 知道了 完事了吗 |
[23:35] | We are, but you’re not. | 我们完事了 你还没有 |
[23:38] | A full-throated apology | 在记者晚宴之前 |
[23:39] | posted online before the Correspondents’ Dinner, | 在网上发一个公开道歉的视频 |
[23:42] | uh, by, let’s say, noon. | 还是中午之前吧 |
[23:45] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[23:46] | Okay. Yeah. I can, I’ll mock up a clarification. | 好的 可以 我发个澄清 |
[23:49] | – Apology. – Okay, fine. | -是道歉 -行行行 |
[23:52] | Isn’t this nice? | 这多好 |
[23:53] | Beautiful evening. | 美好的夜晚 |
[23:55] | You, me. | 你和我 |
[24:00] | Four people licensed to kill. | 还有四个手持杀人执照的 |
[24:02] | Well, a table for six is my new normal. | 吃饭订六人桌是我的新常态了 |
[24:06] | I’ve never had a normal, except for you. | 我从来没有过常态 除了你 |
[24:09] | Oh, it’s the president’s daughter. | 是第一女儿 |
[24:11] | Oh, okay. Uh, here, let’s sit down. | 好吧 来 我们坐下 |
[24:20] | You’re nervous. | 你紧张了 |
[24:23] | – Yeah. – About being seen with me? | -是的 -因为被人看见和我在一起吗 |
[24:27] | No. | 不 |
[24:28] | Um, it’s just that, | 其实 |
[24:31] | if we’re a couple, | 如果我们是情侣的话 |
[24:33] | then we are official, and if we’re official, | 那我们就相当于公开了 如果我们公开了 |
[24:36] | don’t know, my mind goes places. | 我也说不好 我总是胡思乱想 |
[24:40] | I’ll never hurt you again. | 我不会再伤害你了 |
[24:42] | You can’t promise that. | 这点你保证不了 |
[24:44] | I’ll never hurt you intentionally. | 我不会再故意伤害你了 |
[24:47] | You really know how to sweet-talk a gal. | 你还真是会说甜言蜜语 |
[24:50] | Look, it’s the best I can do. | 我已经尽力了 |
[24:53] | Some things are out of our control. | 有些事情不是我能掌控的 |
[24:56] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:56] | I just can’t do this again. | 我只是做不到了 |
[24:59] | Like, go all in, and then | 全情投入 然后 |
[25:00] | maybe one day I’ll-I’ll wake up and you’ll be gone | 也许某天醒来 你又不见了 |
[25:03] | because you have this secret life that you can’t outrun. | 因为你有无法逃脱的秘密人生 |
[25:09] | Look, there’s no more secrets and there’s no more running. | 已经没有秘密 不会再逃跑了 |
[25:11] | All I can promise you is this: | 我能向你保证 |
[25:13] | I’m not leaving again, | 我不会再离开了 |
[25:16] | not unless I’m dragged away, kicking and screaming. | 除非把我拖走 拳打脚踢的 |
[25:20] | So we leave the rest up to fate? | 所以我们就听天由命了 |
[25:23] | No. | 不 |
[25:24] | I don’t trust fate. | 我不信命 |
[25:29] | I trust you. | 我相信你 |
[25:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:35] | So how go the jokes? | 段子编的怎么样了 |
[25:37] | Six comedy writers, three speechwriters, | 六个戏剧作家 三个撰稿人 |
[25:40] | endless edits by Mike B., | 以及麦克·B无止尽的修改 |
[25:43] | and it still needs a punch-up. | 还是差点火候 |
[25:44] | You’re gonna be great. | 你会讲得很精彩的 |
[25:46] | What I need is a time machine, | 我就需要一个时光机 |
[25:49] | so I can go back and fix things. | 好让我回到过去弥补一些事情 |
[25:51] | These investigations aren’t going anywhere. | 这些调查不会有结果的 |
[25:54] | Nope. | 是的 |
[25:55] | Maybe my presidency is. | 也许我的总统地位就不保了 |
[25:57] | – Babe, don’t. – I’m just being realistic. | -宝贝 别这样 -我只是现实一些 |
[26:03] | Been thinking a lot about the fate of pioneers. | 一直在思考那些先驱者的命运 |
[26:07] | Well, you’re certainly one of them. | 你肯定是其中之一 |
[26:09] | Yeah. You know what pioneers get to accomplish? | 你知道先驱者要实现什么吗 |
[26:11] | Being first. That’s it. | 做第一个 就是这个 |
[26:14] | Some accomplished more than that. | 有些人实现的不止这些 |
[26:15] | Not the ones that matter. | 那些都不重要 |
[26:17] | Susan B. Anthony paved the way for women’s suffrage | 苏珊·B·安东尼为妇女选举权铺平了道路 |
[26:20] | but died 15 years before women got to vote. | 但在妇女获得选举权的十五年前去世了 |
[26:22] | And Martin Luther King fought for equality | 马丁·路德·金为了平权而奋斗 |
[26:25] | but didn’t live to see many of his dreams fulfilled. | 却没能活着见到梦想实现的那天 |
[26:29] | People who provide the spark | 那些撒下星火的人 |
[26:32] | don’t often get to sit by the fire. | 通常没有坐在火边的机会 |
[26:35] | Maybe | 也许 |
[26:37] | the country just wasn’t ready | 这个国家还没有准备好 |
[26:39] | for the first female president. | 迎接第一任女总统 |
[26:43] | Or maybe all this is just inevitable tectonic shifts. | 或许这一切只是不可避免的构造变化 |
[26:48] | The earth realigning itself. | 地球在自我调节 |
[26:50] | Or opening up to swallow me whole. | 或者张开大嘴把我吞进去 |
[26:53] | You’re gonna get through this. | 你会挺过去的 |
[26:58] | What if I don’t? | 要是挺不过去呢 |
[26:59] | Well, then you’ll have a burgeoning comedy career | 那你可以退而求其次 有一个蒸蒸日上的 |
[27:02] | to fall back on. | 喜剧事业 |
[27:05] | Maybe I’ll just fall back on you. | 或许我可以退而依靠你 |
[27:08] | Well, that works, too. | 那也行 |
[27:14] | Iran’s cyber force | 伊朗的网络部队 |
[27:15] | is a decentralized confederation of hackers, | 是一个分散的黑客联盟 |
[27:18] | but our intel confirms | 但是我们的情报确认 |
[27:20] | there’s nothing random about the dispersion of our five targets. | 我们的五个目标的选择不是随机的 |
[27:24] | Tabriz, Mashhad, | 大不里士 马什哈德 |
[27:26] | Zahedan, and Bushehr. | 扎赫丹 还有布什尔 |
[27:27] | The four corners of the country. | 这个国家的四个角 |
[27:29] | And Reza Mousavi, the crown jewel, | 而权杖雷扎·穆萨雷 |
[27:33] | is in Tehran. | 在德黑兰 |
[27:34] | Our range of options, unfortunately, | 不幸的是 我们的可选范围 |
[27:36] | has boiled down to one. | 只剩下了一个 |
[27:37] | We would have to have a full-scale invasion | 为了抓住所有目标 我们只能 |
[27:39] | to extract all the targets. | 全面进攻 |
[27:41] | Which sets the stage for a long and costly occupation. | 也是一项旷日持久价格不菲的工作 |
[27:44] | – Another Iraq. – Yes, ma’am. | -另一个伊拉克 -是的 总统女士 |
[27:48] | Well, if we can’t get into Iran, | 如果我们进不了伊朗 |
[27:53] | maybe we can get the targets out, | 也许可以设法让目标人物出来 |
[27:55] | at least Mousavi. | 至少穆萨雷可以 |
[27:57] | – Ma’am? – Well, do we have any | -总统女士 -我们在黎巴嫩真主党 |
[27:59] | – high-ranking assets left in Hezbollah? – We do. | -还有高级别的线人吗 -有的 |
[28:02] | Someone who could draw Mousavi out so he’s a soft target? | 有人能把穆萨雷引出来 让他成为易攻击目标吗 |
[28:07] | Our agent would have to dangle the promise of a package | 我们的情报人员将不得不谨慎地做出 |
[28:10] | so sensitive, it could only be passed in person. | 一系列承诺 只能由人亲自传达 |
[28:14] | And we’d have to burn him. | 并且 我们得暴露他 |
[28:17] | But it can be done. | 但是能够达成 |
[28:18] | Theoretically. | 理论上 |
[28:19] | But what about the other four suspects? | 其他的四个嫌疑人呢 |
[28:21] | Well, I’m willing to trade | 我愿意用抓住蛇头 |
[28:24] | the head of the snake for the rest of its body. | 而放弃蛇身 |
[28:26] | HUMINT says Mousavi’s in line for a big promotion, | 人工情报显示穆萨雷即将迎来一次大的晋升 |
[28:30] | maybe as soon as tomorrow. | 也许就是明天 |
[28:32] | Shiraz keeps his inner circle a stone’s throw away, | 设拉子在他的核心圈子包围下 |
[28:35] | under heavy guard. | 守卫森严 |
[28:36] | It’ll be a high-risk op. | 这是一次高风险的行动 |
[28:37] | Well, then there’s no time to waste. | 那就要抓紧时间了 |
[28:39] | And if it fails, | 如果行动失败 |
[28:41] | there will be American fatalities. | 将会带来国家性灾难 |
[28:43] | And fallout. | 以及连带反应 |
[28:44] | Just ask Carter the cost | 问问卡特 |
[28:46] | of botched Iranian missions. | 搞砸伊朗任务的代价 |
[28:47] | And even if this goes off without a hitch, | 即使这一切顺利进行 |
[28:50] | your political enemies will accuse you of wagging the dog. | 你的政敌也会指责你本末倒置 |
[28:54] | Even if you win, | 即使你赢了 |
[28:55] | you’ll lose. | 也没好处 |
[28:58] | Yup. I want Mousavi on American soil to face justice. | 我要穆萨雷在美国国土上接受审判 |
[29:02] | I’ll deal with the rest later. | 其余的我以后再处理 |
[29:03] | – Set it up. – Yes, Madam President. | -去安排吧 -好的 总统女士 |
[29:08] | Hey, Russell, Mousavi is happily ensconced | 拉塞尔 穆萨雷开心地被安排在 |
[29:12] | at a baccarat table at the Casino de la Falaise. | 德拉法莱茨赌场的纸牌赌桌上 |
[29:15] | It’s some luxury seaside resort just south of Beirut. | 这是贝鲁特南部的一个豪华海滨度假胜地 |
[29:19] | There’s a joint HRT/SEAL Team task force ready to grab him up. | 人质拯救小组和海豹突击队的联合小组准备抓他 |
[29:24] | Okay. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[29:25] | So, what’s the pretext? | 那借口是什么 |
[29:26] | A stolen workup on the vulnerabilities | 一份关于我们电网弱点的 |
[29:29] | of our electrical grids. | 偷来的报告 |
[29:30] | – Have you read in President Bashar? – No. | -你告诉巴沙尔总统了吗 -没有 |
[29:33] | His loyalties are divided. | 他的忠诚是分裂的 |
[29:35] | Besides, it’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission. | 而且 寻求原谅比许可更容易 |
[29:38] | Speaking of forgiveness, Madam President, Dr. McCord, | 说到原谅 总统女士 麦考德博士 |
[29:42] | Jason posted, | 杰森在社交媒体上 |
[29:43] | uh, an apology on social media. | 发表了道歉声明 |
[29:45] | Do we want to see it? | 我们需要看看吗 |
[29:47] | Uh, in ten years. | 将来再看也不迟 |
[29:53] | Um, some of you | 你们中的一些人 |
[29:55] | may have seen a piece on me in The Cambridge Rubric | 可能在《剑桥头条》上看到关于我的文章 |
[29:58] | discussing my interaction with a college journalist, | 谈论我和一位大学记者的互动 |
[30:01] | and I would like to address the matter. | 我要来说说这件事 |
[30:04] | Um, I’m sorry for what happened. | 对发生的事情我很抱歉 |
[30:07] | – An auspicious enough start. – I’m sorry | -一个足够吉利的开始 -很抱歉 |
[30:09] | I disrespected the serious field of college journalism. | 我没有尊重大学新闻这个严肃的领域 |
[30:13] | And I’m sorry I failed to recognize that the press | 很抱歉我没有意识到媒体 |
[30:16] | should be free to vilify our leaders without consequence. | 可以自由的诋毁我们的领导人而不承担后果 |
[30:19] | – Oh, less auspicious. – And I was wrong | -不太乐观了 -我不应该 |
[30:22] | to defend my mother because she has been treated | 为我的母亲辩护 因为记者们 |
[30:24] | so fairly by journalists | 参议院情报委员会 |
[30:26] | and by the Senate Intelligence Committee | 和那些因为她是他们一直期待的 |
[30:29] | and by conservative critics who have embraced her | 女总统而拥护她的 |
[30:32] | as the female president that they’ve | 保守派评论家 |
[30:33] | – always been longing for. – No, no, no… | -对她非常公平 -不 不 |
[30:35] | And I hope one day to display the ethics and decorum | 我希望有一天我们觉醒的媒体 |
[30:38] | so regularly evidenced by our woke media | 能够展现出基本的道德和礼仪 |
[30:42] | ’cause it’s what they deserve. Jason out. | 因为这是他们应该做的 杰森 |
[30:47] | Well, it was, technically, an apology. | 严格来说 这算是道歉 |
[30:52] | So how do you want to handle it? | 你想怎么解决 |
[30:53] | I don’t. | 我不想 |
[30:55] | You’re both gonna get hammered. | 你们俩都会受到抨击的 |
[30:58] | Well, I’m used to it. | 我习惯了 |
[31:00] | Maybe he’ll learn something about consequences | 也许他会学会承担后果 |
[31:03] | and how to talk to people. | 以及怎么好好说话 |
[31:05] | Speaking of which, | 说起来 |
[31:06] | have you decided what you’re gonna say to Hanson? | 你决定好要和汉森说什么了吗 |
[31:08] | Yeah. Am I sure it’s the right thing to do? | 是的 我确定这样做是正确的吗 |
[31:12] | Well, that’s a whole different animal. | 他是一个完全不同的物种 |
[31:17] | Why do they call these stupid things monkey suits? | 他们为什么管这蠢东西叫男士晚礼服[直译猴子礼服] |
[31:19] | No self-respecting simian would be caught dead in one of them. | 任何一个有自尊心的猿猴都不会穿着它死去 |
[31:22] | I thought you liked galas. | 我以为你喜欢晚会 |
[31:23] | Only when I’m trolling for business. | 只有当我有工作在身时 |
[31:24] | This place is like a casting call for The Walking Dead. | 这地方就像《行尸走肉》的选角现场 |
[31:27] | Where’s the president? | 总统在哪里 |
[31:28] | Uh, discussing free trade with, uh, Secretary Barnum. | 在和巴纳姆部长讨论自由贸易 |
[31:33] | – Tell her the senator’s ready. – Will do. | -告诉她参议员准备好了 -好的 |
[31:39] | Cynthia. | 辛西娅 |
[31:39] | – Great to see you. – Hey, Paul. | -很高兴见到你 -保罗 你好 |
[31:40] | – Cynthia, how are you? – Henry. | -辛西娅 你怎么样 -亨利 |
[31:42] | – Oh, so good to see you. – Hey, Paul. | -见到你真好 -保罗 你好 |
[31:43] | And my dress is biodegradable, | 我的裙子是可生物降解的 |
[31:45] | – in honor of your ESI bill. – Oh, come on. | -为了向你的《教科基建法案》致敬 -不是吧 |
[31:46] | That’s fantastic. You know what else is biodegradable? | 太棒了 你知道还有什么是可生物降解的 |
[31:50] | French fries, truffles, mac and cheese. | 炸薯条 松露 通心粉和奶酪 |
[31:53] | I’m actually just eating | 我今晚可是真的 |
[31:54] | for the environment tonight. | 只吃环保的食物 |
[31:57] | – Really good to see you both. – Good to see you. Take care. | -真高兴见到你们 -很高兴见到你们 吃好喝好 |
[31:58] | – Hey, guys. Hi. – Hi. Mom, Dad. | -你们好啊 -妈妈 爸爸 |
[32:01] | – Oh. Sorry. – Uh, this is Shasta. | -抱歉 -这是夏斯塔 |
[32:03] | – Yeah, hi, Shasta. – It is an honor to meet you, | -你好 夏斯塔 -非常荣幸见到你们 |
[32:05] | Mr. And Mrs. President. | 总统先生 总统夫人 |
[32:06] | Yeah, that’s not– that’s not how that… | 不是…不是这么称呼… |
[32:08] | – My-my mom… – This is huge. I… | -我妈妈… -糟糕了 我… |
[32:10] | Just go and have fun. Just don’t worry. | 去吧 玩的开心 别担心 |
[32:13] | We’ll see you at the table. | 一会见 |
[32:14] | – Hi. Uh, Madam President? – Yes? | -总统女士 -怎么了 |
[32:15] | Uh, Senator Hanson is ready for you. | 汉森参议员准备好了 |
[32:21] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[32:36] | – Madam President. – Senator. | -总统女士 -参议员 |
[32:39] | I hope you’re enjoying your evening. | 希望你今晚过得还愉快 |
[32:41] | Well, so far, so good. | 目前还不错 |
[32:45] | Have you considered my offer? | 你考虑过我的建议吗 |
[32:47] | I have. At some length. | 考虑了很久 |
[32:51] | Before I respond to it, | 在我回复你之前 |
[32:52] | I-I do want to acknowledge something. | 我得承认一件事 |
[32:56] | I have made mistakes. | 我犯了一些错误 |
[32:58] | I can be too single-minded | 在我推进事情的过程中 |
[33:01] | in my pursuit of progress. | 有时会过于执着 |
[33:03] | Not solicitous enough of opposing viewpoints. | 对相反的观点关注不够 |
[33:06] | And the charge | 问题在于 |
[33:08] | that I haven’t always been quick to compromise– | 我总是很难妥协 |
[33:11] | well, that hits the mark, too. | 这也是我的要害 |
[33:14] | Well said. | 说的挺好 |
[33:15] | Compromise is the key to effective leadership. | 妥协是有效领导的关键 |
[33:18] | It is. But here’s the thing, Senator. | 没错 是这样的 参议员 |
[33:23] | You don’t want compromise. | 你要的不是妥协 |
[33:26] | You want my complete and unconditional surrender | 你想要我完全无条件地服从 |
[33:30] | to your demands. | 你的要求 |
[33:31] | – That’s a bit over the top, don’t you think? – No. | -这有点夸大其词了 不是吗 -不 |
[33:35] | What’s over the top is months of hearings engineered only | 真正夸张的是 几个月的听证会只是激发了 |
[33:40] | to further your boundless ambition. | 你无限的野心 |
[33:42] | The relentless persecution of my staff, | 对我的员工的无情迫害 |
[33:45] | the most devoted and selfless public servants | 他们是我有幸共事过的 |
[33:49] | I have ever had the privilege of serving with. | 最忠诚无私的公务员 |
[33:53] | You’re a cheap shakedown artist, Senator. | 你是个卑鄙的敲诈行家 参议员 |
[33:55] | And I am not willing to sell out my agenda | 我不愿出卖我的议程换取 |
[33:58] | to sit in the Oval and take orders | 坐在总统办公室 |
[34:00] | from a partisan hack, who puts his own self-interest | 听命于某个 |
[34:04] | before the national good. | 将个人利益置于国家利益之上的政客 |
[34:06] | I’m gonna continue serving the American people. | 我将继续为美国人民服务 |
[34:10] | You’re just gonna have to try and stop me. | 你得想办法阻止我 |
[34:13] | When the end comes, and it will, soon, | 当一切结束时 很快就会结束 |
[34:17] | remember I gave you a chance, Elizabeth. | 记得我给过你机会 伊丽莎白 |
[34:21] | It’s Madam President. You remember that. | 叫我总统女士 记住了 |
[34:33] | – Um, this is my date Shasta. – Hi. Nice to meet you. | -这是我的同伴夏斯塔 -你好 |
[34:35] | …drivers here this evening. Please feel free to drink up. | …今晚司机都来了 请各位开怀畅饮 |
[34:39] | Yep, the administration | 没错 政府 |
[34:41] | has graciously arranged for free rides home | 慷慨地安排了免费乘车回家服务 |
[34:44] | care of the U.S. Marshals Service. | 由美国联邦官署负责 |
[34:47] | So buckle up, guys! | 系好安全带 各位 |
[34:49] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[34:52] | Speaking of McCords who hate the media, | 说到讨厌媒体的麦考德一家 |
[34:54] | there is the president’s son Jason. | 就是总统的儿子杰森了 |
[34:56] | Hello, Jason, it’s great to see you. | 你好 杰森 很高兴见到你 |
[34:58] | Uh, Jason is now a college junior. | 杰森现在是大三学生了 |
[35:01] | He is majoring in affluenza | 他主修富贵病 |
[35:04] | and minoring in celibacy. | 辅修独身 |
[35:07] | Jason, uh, does intend to follow | 杰森 确实打算 |
[35:08] | – in his mom’s footsteps. – Extraction team is in place. | -步他妈妈的后尘吗 -撤离小队已就位 |
[35:10] | – It’s awaiting your okay. – He hopes to enter | -等你指令 -他希望进入 |
[35:11] | – the political arena… – They have it. | -政治舞台 -没问题 |
[35:13] | …as the subject | 说到 |
[35:14] | of simultaneous federal investigations. | 两个同时进行的联邦调查 |
[35:18] | No, seriously, don’t worry, Jason, in ten years | 不 说真的 别担心 杰森 十年后 |
[35:20] | no one will remember how you publicly humiliated yourself. | 没人会记得你曾如何公开羞辱自己 |
[35:24] | I, I do think I speak for everyone here tonight | 我今晚要真心诚意地代表各位说出这句话 |
[35:26] | when I say, thank God for the Internet. | 感谢上帝有了互联网 |
[35:31] | Can we switch seats? | 我们能换位子吗 |
[35:33] | Our president | 我们的总统 |
[35:34] | is a woman of conviction. | 是一位信仰坚定的女性 |
[35:36] | Or soon will be. | 或将很快成为这样的人 |
[35:40] | But she is a good sport, | 但她很有风度 |
[35:41] | and now I’m gonna give her the chance to take a few shots | 现在我打算给她个机会给我们大家 |
[35:46] | at all of us. | 说几句 |
[35:47] | Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome | 女士们先生们 有请 |
[35:50] | President Elizabeth McCord! | 伊丽莎白·麦考德总统 |
[35:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[36:03] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[36:05] | Traditionally, | 按照传统 |
[36:06] | this is a night for humor, | 这应该是个幽默的夜晚 |
[36:08] | but some people in my administration | 但在我政府中任职的几位同事 |
[36:10] | have informed me that I am not funny. | 都告诉我 我不好笑 |
[36:14] | I will miss all of them dearly. | 我会非常想念他们 |
[36:21] | Yet while it pains me to say this, | 虽然我不愿意承认 |
[36:23] | 德拉法莱茨酒店 达穆尔 黎巴嫩 | |
[36:24] | these people were right. | 但他们说的没错 |
[36:26] | Truth is, I’m not that funny, | 事实就是 我不怎么好笑 |
[36:28] | and sometimes the truth hurts | 有时 真话很伤人 |
[36:30] | and it isn’t what we want to hear. | 而且我们也不想听真话 |
[36:33] | But truth is the fabric | 但真相就是 |
[36:35] | that binds society together. | 把整个社会绑在一起的绳索 |
[36:37] | What makes our government work. | 让我们的政府得以正常运转 |
[36:40] | What gives people trust in their leaders. | 让人民信任他们的领导者 |
[36:43] | And no one | 而且今晚在座的各位 |
[36:45] | is a more important defender of the truth | 都是最重要的 |
[36:48] | than the people in this room. | 真相捍卫者 |
[36:53] | What you do is serious, | 你们的工作是严肃的 |
[36:56] | and it is important and as critical to our liberty | 也非常重要 如同所有政府分支机构一样 |
[37:00] | as the work of any branch of government. | 都是捍卫自由的关键环节 |
[37:03] | The people in this room have | 在座的各位都拥有 |
[37:05] | the unassailable right to document, | 不容置疑的权利 可以记录 |
[37:08] | to editorialize, to criticize, and to do so | 评论 批评时政 而且完全不用害怕 |
[37:11] | without fear of reprisal. | 打击报复 |
[37:14] | Yeah! | 好 |
[37:17] | Because without a free press, truth is not reported, | 因为如果没有媒体自由 就没人报导真相 |
[37:21] | power is not held accountable, | 没人对政府追责 |
[37:24] | and democracy cannot survive. | 民主也将荡然无存 |
[37:26] | The founders had the wisdom to understand this | 睿智的建国者明白这个道理 |
[37:29] | and to enshrine this understanding | 并将这个道理铭刻在 |
[37:31] | in our holiest of civic documents. | 我们最神圣的公民文件中 |
[37:36] | Congress shall make no law | 国会不应制定任何 |
[37:38] | abridging the freedom of the press. | 限制新闻自由的法律 |
[37:44] | So says the First Amendment, | 第一修正案也遵循这一理念 |
[37:47] | the elemental freedom | 这是最基本的自由 |
[37:48] | without which all other freedoms are imperiled. | 没有了新闻自由 其他自由都是无稽之谈 |
[37:52] | May we all cherish | 愿我们大家都好好珍惜 |
[37:55] | the freedom that we honor tonight | 今晚我们都引以为豪 |
[37:58] | and protect it. | 并努力捍卫的自由 |
[38:00] | Thank you. You’re all under arrest. | 谢谢你们 你们都被逮捕了 |
[38:14] | Fellow members, it is my solemn duty | 各位成员 我的神圣职责要求我 |
[38:17] | to update you on the fruits of my committee’s investigation. | 告诉你们我的委员会调查的最新结果 |
[38:20] | What began as a targeted inquiry… | 最初这是一次有针对性的调查 |
[38:22] | He’s not wasting any time. | 他还真是开门见山 |
[38:24] | Hanson’s addressing the full Senate. | 汉森在向整个参议院发表演讲 |
[38:26] | At least he’s finally putting all of his cards on the table. | 至少他总算要和盘托出了 |
[38:29] | Let’s see what kind of hand he has. | 我们看看他有什么底牌 |
[38:30] | …by President McCord’s own FBI. | 由麦考德总统属下的联调局 |
[38:33] | And while the shameless obstruction | 在麦考德总统的工作人员的 |
[38:34] | of President McCord’s staff | 无耻阻挠下 |
[38:36] | means my committee’s work is still ongoing, | 我的委员会仍在继续工作 |
[38:39] | I can say with confidence that we have uncovered | 我可以充满信心地说我们已经发现了一种 |
[38:41] | a pervasive pattern | 在白宫秘密进行而又 |
[38:42] | of secrecy and corruption in the White House, | 普遍存在的腐败模式 |
[38:45] | contempt for truth and transparency | 就是在麦考德总统的协助下 |
[38:47] | coordinated by President McCord | 公然践踏真相与透明度 |
[38:50] | that should trouble every American. | 这种模式会给所有美国人造成麻烦 |
[38:54] | The evidence is overwhelming | 我们找到的证据是压倒性的 |
[38:57] | and irrefutable. | 而且无可辩驳 |
[38:58] | Her former press secretary | 她的前新闻发言人 |
[38:59] | Daisy Grant fired for concealing her receipt | 黛西·格兰特因为泄漏伊朗间谍 |
[39:02] | of hacked election materials | 克劳汀·伯纳德给她的 |
[39:03] | from Iranian asset Claudine Bernard. | 通过非法入侵获取的选举材料而被解雇 |
[39:06] | Her closest aide Blake Moran caught in a scheme | 她最亲密的住手布莱克·莫兰被抓到 |
[39:09] | he and the president’s own daughter executed to circumvent | 与总统自己的女儿一起蓄意规避 |
[39:12] | campaign finance disclosure requirements. | 选举财务披露要求 |
[39:15] | Her longtime fixer and bagman Mike Barnow | 她的长期顾问和说客 麦克·巴诺 |
[39:17] | implicated in covering up the suspicious death | 曾参与掩盖一起政府官员的 |
[39:20] | of a government official. | 离奇死亡 |
[39:22] | In every instance President McCord’s reward | 麦考德总统是否从 |
[39:25] | for these acts of malfeasance? | 这些渎职行为中获利 |
[39:27] | A high-ranking job in the White House. | 从而坐上这个白宫高级职位 |
[39:32] | It pains me to say this culture of corruption and self-dealing | 尽管很痛苦 但我不得不说这种假公济私的 |
[39:35] | extends to the president’s own family. | 腐败文化已经延伸到了总统自己的家庭 |
[39:39] | To her husband, who has ironically been gifted | 包括她丈夫 讽刺的是在她的政府中 |
[39:41] | the role of ethics czar in her administration. | 他还在扮演道德沙皇的角色 |
[39:44] | To her daughter, who was brazenly seen | 包括她女儿 有人在昨晚的记者协会 |
[39:45] | in the company of former spy Dmitri Petrov | 年度晚宴上看到她厚颜无耻地与前间谍 |
[39:48] | at last night’s Correspondents’ Dinner. | 迪米特里·派特洛夫在一起 |
[39:50] | Mr. Petrov’s presence was made possible | 派特洛夫先生可以出席 |
[39:53] | because the administration negotiated an amnesty deal | 是因为政府与俄罗斯达成了特赦协议 |
[39:55] | with Russia that greased his return, | 让他得以顺利回归 |
[39:57] | apparently so the president | 显然 总统这样做是为了 |
[39:58] | could facilitate her daughter’s… | 满足她女儿 |
[40:02] | …romantic yearnings. | 对浪漫爱情的向往 |
[40:04] | – And still there’s more. – That son of a bitch. | -这种事例不胜枚举 -这个混蛋 |
[40:07] | The recent revelations | 最新的调查显示 |
[40:08] | that then Secretary of State McCord | 国务卿时期的麦考德 |
[40:10] | assaulted a foreign leader | 曾侵犯过一位外国领导人 |
[40:12] | and concealed it. | 并隐瞒了此事 |
[40:14] | That as a rogue agent, she authorized the torture– | 作为一位无赖特工 她还曾下令拷问 |
[40:17] | the torture– of a suspected terrorist. | 拷问一位疑似恐怖分子 |
[40:21] | In the wake of this accumulation of damning evidence, | 麦考德总统将如何回应所有这些确凿的证据 |
[40:25] | how does President McCord respond? | 我们拭目以待 |
[40:28] | By trying to distract the public | 用绑架伊朗革命卫队成员 |
[40:30] | with a sensational mission | 这种耸人听闻的行动来 |
[40:32] | to kidnap a member of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, | 分散公众的注意力吗 |
[40:35] | a desperate act of adventurism | 还是铤而走险 |
[40:37] | to convince us she is not in league | 想说服我们她跟那个 |
[40:40] | with the country that facilitated her election. | 帮助她当选的国家并不是盟友 |
[40:42] | Where does this lawlessness end? | 这些目无法纪的行为何时才是终点 |
[40:48] | With accountability. | 出于责任感 |
[40:50] | Which is why I have referred the work product | 我已将这些调查结果交给了 |
[40:52] | of this investigation to Representative Canning | 众议院司法委员会的 |
[40:55] | of the House Judiciary Committee | 代表坎宁 |
[40:57] | for proceedings consistent with their charter. | 以便根据他们的章程采取下一步行动 |
[41:01] | “Consistent with their charter.” Oh, my God. | “根据他们的章程” 天哪 |
[41:03] | – Impeachment. – It’s beginning. | -弹劾 -开始了 |
[41:05] | All right, here we go. | 好吧 只能这样了 |
[41:07] | We need to war game this. | 我们得陪他们玩下去 |
[41:09] | Let’s, uh, let’s grab Olivia. | 我们 我们把奥利维娅找来 |
[41:11] | Hunker down with our allies. Start deploying them. | 先让我们的盟友们保持低调 开始部署 |
[41:13] | A media onslaught. Print, broadcast, digital. | 媒体抨击先上 纸媒 广播 数字媒体 |
[41:16] | Guys. | 伙计们 |
[41:18] | Do you think you could give me a minute, please? | 你们能让我单独待会吗 拜托 |
[41:22] | Madam President. | 回见 总统 |
[41:24] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 总统 |
[41:45] | Blake? | 布莱克 |
[41:49] | When is my meeting | 我几点跟 |
[41:50] | with the Council of Economic Advisers? | 经济顾问委员会开会 |
[41:52] | – 10:30. – Move it up. | -十点半 -把它提前 |
[41:54] | I also need | 我还需要 |
[41:54] | the OMB report on carbon reductions | 预算办公室关于二氧化碳减排的报告和 |
[41:58] | and the latest slate on potential judicial nominees, all right? | 司法部候选人的最新名单 行吗 |
[42:01] | – Right away. – It’s not your fault. | -马上去拿 -这不是你的错 |
[42:06] | Ma’am? | 总统 |
[42:07] | The flash drive. The oppo file. | 那个闪存盘 负面材料 |
[42:10] | You were with me here at the very beginning. | 你一开始就在这里帮我 |
[42:14] | You’ll be here at the end. | 你也会在这里待到最后 |
[42:17] | Whenever that day is. | 不管那天什么时候来 |
[42:21] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 总统 |
[42:24] | Let’s get to work. | 我们开始工作吧 |