时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The House Judiciary Committee this week | 本周众议院司法委员会 |
[00:02] | will begin its impeachment inquiry. | 将展开弹劾听证会 |
[00:04] | First Daughter Stephanie McCord | 第一女儿斯蒂芬妮·麦考德 |
[00:05] | will testify today in an open hearing, | 将在今日的公开听证会中作证 |
[00:08] | followed by First Gentleman Henry McCord. | 随后将是第一先生亨利·麦考德 |
[00:10] | Here to offer us an inside view | 请听国会山记者普利娅·卡特里 |
[00:12] | is Capitol Hill correspondent Priya Khatri. | 为您发来她的业内观点 |
[00:15] | Priya, why is the House investigation beginning | 普利娅 为什么众议院的调查 |
[00:17] | with the president’s family members? | 从总统的家人开始呢 |
[00:18] | Normally, a president would invoke executive privilege | 一般来说 总统会行使最高行政特权 |
[00:21] | to protect anyone in her family | 保护其家人 |
[00:23] | or administration from testifying, but… | 或内阁成免于作证 但… |
[00:25] | this is an unusual presidency in many ways. | 本届总统有诸多不同寻常之处 |
[00:29] | Now, the president has always maintained | 总统一直坚称 |
[00:31] | she had nothing to do with the Iran government’s hacking | 伊朗政府大选期间入侵并泄露 |
[00:33] | and leaking of her opponent’s private records | 她竞选对手的私人资料 |
[00:36] | during the campaign. | 与她毫无关系 |
[00:37] | But with the Senate Intelligence Report broadening | 但随着参议院情报委员会报告将调查扩大到 |
[00:40] | the investigation into corruption and obstruction, | 腐败和司法干预 |
[00:43] | these hearings can go in any number of directions. | 这些听证会的结果难以预料 |
[00:47] | Want to do some cardio with me? | 想和我一起做些心肺训练吗 |
[00:49] | Get out of your head? | 让大脑不去想那些事 |
[00:50] | I have to go over my WTO remarks. | 我要看看我世贸组织的讲话稿 |
[00:53] | Did you get any sleep last night? | 你昨晚睡觉了吗 |
[00:55] | A little. | 一会儿 |
[00:57] | Kept thinking about that first summer… | 一直在想斯蒂芬去参加赛马夏令营的 |
[01:00] | Stevie at horse camp. | 那第一个夏天… |
[01:03] | Poor kiddo. | 可怜的孩子 |
[01:05] | So homesick. | 她特别想家 |
[01:07] | Why didn’t I just let her come home? | 我干嘛不让她回家呢 |
[01:09] | You said it would help her build character, | 你说待在那有助于培养她的性格 |
[01:11] | and you were right. | 你说得对 |
[01:13] | Are we crazy, throwing her in with the sharks? | 我们把她扔到鲨鱼群里是不是疯了 |
[01:17] | Let’s just hope Olivia’s right | 我们还是希望奥利维娅是对的 |
[01:18] | and it’s not a circus like the Senate hearings. | 这次不会像参议院听证会那样的荒唐 |
[01:20] | Just a House impeachment trial on national television. | 只不过是全国直播的众议院弹劾庭审 |
[01:25] | We got nothing to fear. | 我们没什么可怕的 |
[01:27] | Except the sharks. | 除了那些鲨鱼们 |
[01:30] | Good thing we’re all fast swimmers. | 还好我们游泳都挺快 |
[01:35] | It is a kick-ass opening statement. | 这开场发言真够硬的 |
[01:37] | And I’m not just saying that ’cause I did a pass on it. | 我这么说并不是因为我改过一遍 |
[01:39] | Yeah, well, let’s hope it’s enough | 希望它足以把 |
[01:41] | to take campaign finance violations off the table. | 竞选资金违规的指控给撤销掉吧 |
[01:44] | If there’s anything I can do | 如果我能做点什么 |
[01:45] | to clear up the Martha’s Vineyard mishap… | 去澄清马萨葡萄园岛发生的不幸… |
[01:48] | You say “Mishap,” I say “Gift.” | 你说”不幸” 我倒觉得是”礼物” |
[01:49] | The more they go after that mirage, | 他们越对那个虚幻的事穷追不舍 |
[01:51] | the more we know they don’t have anything real. | 我们就越能确信他们没有任何真凭实据 |
[01:52] | Well, let’s not get cocky. | 我们先别那么自大 |
[01:54] | Hanson may have given | 汉森也许是给了 |
[01:55] | the House a bunch of trumped-up charges to work with, | 众议院一堆捏造的指控 |
[01:57] | but the House Chair still has to litigate ’em all. | 但众议院议长还是要全都审理一遍 |
[02:00] | Canning is a tough prosecutor, | 坎宁是很严厉的检控官 |
[02:01] | – and he’s not our friend. – You’ll forgive me | -他也绝不是我们的朋友 -如果我对于自己 |
[02:04] | if I’m confident I won’t be convicted | 不会以谋杀一位州参议员而被定罪 |
[02:05] | of murdering a state senator. | 充满信心的话 请别介意 |
[02:07] | Well, no, you put enough doubt in the public’s mind about it, | 不会 你已经让公众意识里充满了疑问 |
[02:10] | and we’re all out of a job. | 让我们都无事可做了 |
[02:11] | With Heeney on the House Committee, | 有希尼在众议院委员会 |
[02:13] | we’ve got a solid defender. | 他是我们坚定的护卫者 |
[02:14] | And the markets are a little wobbly this morning, | 今天早上债权市场有点波动 |
[02:16] | but overall the economy’s good. | 但总体上经济还不错 |
[02:18] | Your approval ratings are holding. | 您的支持率也坚挺 |
[02:19] | Why are the markets wobbly? | 为什么债权市场有波动 |
[02:21] | Eli Volk disappeared during a trip to Moscow. | 伊莱·沃尔克去莫斯科时失踪了 |
[02:24] | The Technoflux IPO was supposed to be Wednesday, | 技术流公司的股票上市本应是在周三 |
[02:26] | – so it’s got everyone rattled. – As long as | -所以大家都受到震动 -只要他 |
[02:28] | they find him in time to write us another campaign check. | 被及时找到并给我们再开张竞选支票就无所谓 |
[02:32] | What? Like no one else was thinking that? | 怎么了 就好像你们没这么想似的 |
[02:33] | No, just you. | 对 只有你想了 |
[02:35] | How does a… | 一位世界知名的… |
[02:36] | world-famous billionaire just disappear? | 亿万富翁怎么会凭空失踪呢 |
[02:39] | We’ll be covering that | 我们会在您的 |
[02:41] | – in your intelligence briefing. – Knowing Volk, | -情报简报会上说到这个 -以我的了解 |
[02:43] | he was probably on some peyote vision quest. | 沃尔克很可能是去享用乌羽玉致幻物去了 |
[02:44] | I’m gonna just grab something I left in the office. | 我要回办公室去拿一下落在那的东西 |
[02:49] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[02:51] | That lady in charge on The… Great British Baking Show… | 《大英烘焙大赛》里那个女士… |
[02:54] | Mary Berry? | 玛丽·贝莉吗 |
[02:56] | I have decided | 我已经决定 |
[02:57] | she’s my ideal role model for Leading While Female. | 她是《女性领袖》中我心目中理想的榜样 |
[03:00] | Yes! | 不错 |
[03:01] | Right? Always had a kind word, | 是吧 总是言语和蔼 |
[03:04] | even when the technical challenge was a disaster, | 即便是技术挑战彻底砸锅也是 |
[03:07] | and kept… | 而且一眼就… |
[03:08] | Paul Hollywood in line with a look. | 让保罗·霍利伍德服服帖帖 |
[03:10] | Impeccable blazers. | 非常得体的小西装 |
[03:11] | She should run for office. | 她应该竞选公职的 |
[03:13] | No! We need her right where she is. | 不 我们需要她在现在的位置上 |
[03:15] | Lot of Americans might say the same about you. | 很多的美国人可能也会这么评价你的 |
[03:18] | – So listen… – I know. | -听着… -我知道 |
[03:20] | I’ll be fine, Mom. | 我不会有事的 妈妈 |
[03:21] | This isn’t horse camp, Stevie. | 这并不是赛马夏令营 斯蒂芬 |
[03:23] | If you don’t want to do this… | 如果你不想去… |
[03:25] | I got it. | 我行的 |
[03:27] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[03:28] | You’re my brave girl, you know that? | 知道吗 你是我勇敢的好孩子 |
[03:30] | You, me and Mary Berry. | 你 我还有玛丽·贝莉 |
[03:33] | See you after? | 回头见 |
[03:34] | You bet. | 当然 |
[03:39] | Two days ago, | 两天前 |
[03:40] | Eli Volk, the aerospace engineer and CEO of Technoflux, | 航天工程师 技术流公司的首席执行官 |
[03:44] | disappeared in Moscow | 伊莱·沃尔克在莫斯科 |
[03:46] | while on tour to promote Technoflux’s | 进行技术流股票上市的推广路演时 |
[03:49] | initial public offering. | 失踪了 |
[03:50] | How do you disappear in a surveillance state? | 他怎么会在遍布监控的国家失踪呢 |
[03:52] | He went to a private evening at his friend’s restaurant, and… | 他去朋友的餐馆过个私人的夜晚 |
[03:56] | his security detail lost track of him. | 他的保镖找不到他了 |
[03:59] | – Max? – There’s no evidence yet | -马克思 -我们能掌握到的 |
[04:01] | on any closed-circuit we can access, | 监控探头没有发现任何情况 |
[04:03] | and no signals to any of his contacts. | 他的熟人也没有任何联系 |
[04:04] | What are the working theories? | 那你们的推测呢 |
[04:06] | Could be a mob hit, | 可能是黑帮干的 |
[04:08] | some rival corporation trying to thwart the IPO, | 竞争对手想要让股票上市泡汤 |
[04:12] | or it was state-ordered. | 或者是政府指令 |
[04:14] | We’re working back channels | 我们在通过非正式渠道 |
[04:16] | to see if there’s anything | 去看看克里姆林宫 |
[04:17] | behind the Kremlin’s public denials. | 公开否认的背后是否还有什么隐情 |
[04:19] | Sorry to interrupt. Uh, ma’am, it’s time. | 抱歉打扰 总统女士 时间到了 |
[04:21] | The president would like | 总统想要 |
[04:22] | to watch her daughter’s testimony before the House. | 看她女儿在众议院的作证 |
[04:25] | We’ll, uh, review the rest of the PDB privately. | 总统每日简报剩下的部分我们回头再私下看 |
[04:27] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢大家 |
[04:30] | 众议院听证会厅 司法委员会 公开听证会 | |
[04:31] | Members of the Committee… | 委员会的成员们… |
[04:33] | we have before us charges against a sitting president, | 我们面前是针对现任总统 她的内阁成员 |
[04:37] | members of her administration, campaign staff and family, | 竞选工作人员以及家人的指控 |
[04:40] | which, if shown to be true, | 如果被证实确有其事 |
[04:42] | pose a threat to the very heart of our constitutional democracy. | 这些问题对我们宪政民主的核心构成了威胁 |
[04:46] | We are united as Americans by our unwavering faith | 我们对选举公正性毫不动摇的信任 |
[04:49] | in the integrity of our elections. | 使得我们团结成为美国人 |
[04:52] | To thwart the voice of the people | 通过操纵敌对国家提供的 非法获取的 |
[04:54] | by manipulating ill-gotten information | 信息来压制人民的呼声 |
[04:56] | provided by a foreign enemy is an assault no one in this room, | 是所有在座的人们 |
[05:00] | nay, this country, | 同时也是这个国家 |
[05:02] | could or should ever tolerate. | 所不能也不应该容忍的 |
[05:04] | Ms. McCord… | 麦考德女士… |
[05:06] | not only is your mother’s reputation | 今天 不仅仅关乎你母亲作为 |
[05:08] | as an elected official at stake here today, | 当选官员的名誉 |
[05:11] | but the soul of your country is as well. | 也事关你的国家的灵魂 |
[05:13] | I would ask you to shine | 我要请你 |
[05:15] | a clear and unwavering light upon all that you know | 首先作为一名公民站在我们面前 |
[05:18] | and stand before us today as a citizen first. | 将你所知道的情况清楚明确地告诉我们 |
[05:22] | The chair now recognizes | 委员会主席现邀请 |
[05:22] | 直播 斯蒂芬妮·麦考德在司法委员会作证 | |
[05:23] | ranking representative member Heeney | 少数党资深众议院希尼 |
[05:24] | for his opening statement. | 进行开场发言 |
[05:25] | Let’s see that right hook, Heeney. | 把那右勾拳使出来吧 希尼 |
[05:28] | Good afternoon, members of the Committee. | 委员会的成员们 下午好 |
[05:31] | Thank you for your testimony, Ms. McCord. | 感谢你来作证 麦考德女士 |
[05:33] | We are here today to find out | 今天我们要来发现 |
[05:34] | the truth, the truth of what happened | 真相 在总统竞选中 |
[05:36] | between candidate McCord and the government of Iran | 候选人麦考德和伊朗政府之间 |
[05:38] | in the run-up to the presidential election. | 所发生的事情的真相 |
[05:41] | We’re also here to investigate | 同时我们也要调查 |
[05:43] | all claims of obstruction of justice | 所有关于司法干涉 |
[05:46] | and, uh, campaign finance malfeasance. | 以及竞选资金的不正当行为等的指控 |
[05:49] | Ms. McCord, you do understand that it is your duty | 麦考德女士 你明白你有义务 |
[05:52] | to answer all of our questions to the very best | 尽你所能回答所有的 |
[05:54] | – of your ability… – Is he hungover? | -问题… -他酒还没醒吗 |
[05:56] | That’s not good. | 讲得一点都不好 |
[05:58] | Sorry to interrupt. I have INR. | 抱歉打扰了 是情报研究局的 |
[05:59] | They said it’s urgent. | 他们说很紧急 |
[06:01] | …thank you, members of the Committee. | … 谢谢 委员会的成员们 |
[06:03] | …that the testimony you’re about to give | … 你即将提供的证词 |
[06:04] | is true and correct | 是真实和正确的 |
[06:06] | to the best of your knowledge, | 你是否愿以上帝之名起誓 |
[06:07] | information and belief, so help you God? | 在庭上证词为你所知全部事实 |
[06:09] | I do. | 我愿意宣誓 |
[06:09] | INR just got a hit | 情报研究局刚刚在莫斯科 |
[06:10] | on Eli Volk in Moscow | 发现了伊莱·沃尔克的踪迹 |
[06:12] | when his phone briefly went live. | 他们短暂捕捉到了他的电话信号 |
[06:14] | And? | 然后呢 |
[06:16] | Seems he’s in the Iranian embassy. | 他好像在伊朗大使馆内 |
[06:20] | Iran captured Eli Volk? | 是伊朗抓了伊莱·沃尔克 |
[06:22] | Looks like they’re trying to even the score | 看来他们是想要报复 |
[06:24] | for the capture of Reza Mousavi in Lebanon. | 我们在黎巴嫩逮捕了雷扎·穆萨雷 |
[06:26] | Iran already hacked a German bank | 伊朗已经攻击了一家德国银行 |
[06:28] | and crashed an oil tanker. | 还炸了一艘油轮 |
[06:30] | The score was even. | 早就扯平了 |
[06:32] | Well, not while we’ve got their Quds commander in detention. | 他们的圣城军指挥官还在我们手上就不算 |
[06:36] | How do you want to answer? | 您打算怎么回复 |
[06:38] | Blake? First I want to find out | 布莱克 我需要先确认 |
[06:40] | how much Russia knew about this. | 俄罗斯对此事知道多少 |
[06:43] | I need President Salnikov right away, please. | 请马上帮我接通萨尔尼科夫总统 |
[06:45] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 总统 |
[06:48] | Well, at least the press can’t say | 至少媒体在这件事上不能说 |
[06:49] | I was colluding with Iran on this one. | 我和伊朗合谋了 |
[06:52] | Don’t be so sure. | 现在说这话还太早 |
[06:53] | Which means more headlines about Iran | 这会导致有更多关于伊朗的报道 |
[06:55] | at the worst possible time. | 而现在是最该保持低调的时候 |
[07:09] | Good afternoon. What began as an inquiry | 各位下午好 由汉森议员及其主导的 |
[07:13] | into the alleged conspiracy by the McCord campaign | 参议院情报委员会展开的问讯 |
[07:16] | to collude with Iran, | 最初的目的是针对 |
[07:18] | under Senator Hanson’s | 麦考德竞选团与伊朗共谋的指控进行调查 |
[07:20] | Senate Intelligence Committee investigation, | 但在这过程中 |
[07:22] | widened to include questions | 委员会将问讯范围扩大至 |
[07:25] | wholly unrelated to that subject. | 与此事完全无关的事宜 |
[07:28] | This is simply the latest partisan attempt by Congress | 这纯粹是国会党派斗争的最新体现 |
[07:31] | to destroy a duly elected president. | 意在推翻由民众合法选举产生的总统 |
[07:35] | The Justice Department failed to find | 司法部未发现 |
[07:37] | any evidence of a campaign finance violation. | 竞选过程中存在任何违法的财务往来 |
[07:41] | So… | 那么 |
[07:43] | why am I here? | 我为什么会被传唤来此呢 |
[07:46] | It can’t be to offer new evidence of something | 肯定不是让我就从未发生的事 |
[07:49] | the members of this committee… | 提供什么新证据吧 |
[07:51] | …are fully aware never happened. | 这一点 本委员会成员是非常清楚的 |
[07:55] | It can only be for one purpose: | 那么就只能是为了一个目的 |
[07:57] | to twist the facts and willfully mislead the public. | 那就是扭曲事实 刻意误导公众 |
[08:02] | When my mother was first chosen | 我母亲最初被任命为 |
[08:04] | to serve as Secretary of State, | 美国国务卿之时 |
[08:06] | I dropped out of college, | 我从大学辍学了 |
[08:07] | because being in the public eye | 因为暴露在公众视线之中 |
[08:10] | made me want to disappear. | 让我想要逃离 |
[08:12] | Today, I welcome sitting before you, | 今天 我完全自愿 坐在各位面前 |
[08:15] | sweating through this jacket, | 尽管汗湿层衣 |
[08:17] | so the American people can see that my mother | 正是为了向美国人民证明 我的母亲 |
[08:19] | is exactly the woman that they elected: | 与他们投票时所看到的完全一致 |
[08:22] | a supreme patriot… | 她是一位最崇高的爱国者 |
[08:25] | and a tireless public servant. | 一位孜孜不倦的人民公仆 |
[08:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:29] | Thank you for that statement, Ms. McCord. | 感谢你的证词 麦考德女士 |
[08:31] | Uh, I for one agree that the charge | 我承认 关于竞选团队的财务违规指控 |
[08:33] | of campaign finance violations has been fully adjudicated, | 已经有了最终裁定 |
[08:36] | and I have no further questions on that matter. | 对此事我没有任何疑问 |
[08:39] | I would like to turn our attention now | 现在我希望把话题转到 |
[08:41] | to your employment by the Dalton administration. | 你在道尔顿执政时期的工作上来 |
[08:43] | You were hired as an intern | 你当时被雇为 幕僚长拉塞尔·杰克逊的 |
[08:45] | to Chief of Staff Russell Jackson, is that correct? | 实习生 此事是否属实 |
[08:47] | – Yes. – And you began your tenure | -是 -你是在你的母亲 |
[08:49] | after your mother had assumed her role | 被任命为国务卿之后 |
[08:50] | as Secretary of State, is that correct? | 才开始这一实习工作的 是否属实 |
[08:52] | That’s correct. | 是 |
[08:54] | An internship with the White House Chief of Staff | 白宫幕僚长办公室的实习生 |
[08:56] | is a… is a coveted job. | 这一工作是很多人趋之若鹜的 |
[08:58] | Would you say you were engaged | 你认为 你得到这份工作 |
[08:59] | solely on the basis of your qualifications? | 完全是因为你比其他候选人更加优秀吗 |
[09:08] | Mr. Jackson was familiar with my qualifications, | 杰克逊先生非常了解我的资质 |
[09:10] | because I had approached him for a letter of recommendation | 因为我此前曾请他为我的法学院申请 |
[09:13] | for law school. | 提供推荐信 |
[09:14] | Meaning you were, uh, you were the best candidate for the job. | 也就是说 你是当时最优秀的候选人 |
[09:18] | All I can say is that I was hired. | 我只能说 最终被雇佣的是我 |
[09:21] | The Committee is in, uh, receipt of five résumés | 本委员会收到了 |
[09:25] | under consideration by Mr. Jackson | 在你应聘期间 杰克逊先生同时 |
[09:27] | at the time of your hire. | 正在考虑的五份简历 |
[09:28] | One candidate was a Rhodes scholar. | 其中一位是罗德奖学金获得者 |
[09:30] | Were you a Rhodes scholar? | 你曾获得过罗德奖学金吗 |
[09:33] | – Nope. – Another candidate | -没有 -另一位候选人 |
[09:33] | was a Harvard Law School graduate who had, uh, | 毕业于哈佛法学院 |
[09:36] | clerked for Justice Breyer. | 并曾为布雷耶大法官做过文书工作 |
[09:37] | At the time of your hire, had you attended law school? | 在你受雇之前 是否上过法学院 |
[09:40] | No, but… | 没有 但是 |
[09:41] | – Third candidate was… – Excuse me, Congressman, if… | -第三位候选人 -抱歉参议员先生 |
[09:44] | the point you’re making is that | 如果您想说的是 |
[09:45] | there were other qualified candidates, | 当时还有其他符合条件的候选人 |
[09:47] | Ms. McCord doesn’t dispute that. | 麦考德女士对此并无异议 |
[09:49] | The point I’m making is that President McCord | 我想说明的是 麦考德总统 |
[09:51] | has a long history of abusing privilege. | 长期滥用职权 |
[09:54] | A prime example being the pressure she brought to bear | 主要证据之一便是 她向杰克逊先生施压 |
[09:56] | on Mr. Jackson to hire her daughter. | 迫使其雇佣她的女儿 |
[09:58] | There was no pressure. | 从未有过施压 |
[10:00] | If Mr. Jackson favored me in any way, | 如果说杰克逊先生更青睐于我 |
[10:02] | it may be because I happened to be in his office | 那这可能是因为 他心脏病发作时 |
[10:05] | when he suffered a heart attack, and I got him critical care. | 我碰巧在他办公室 并对他进行了紧急救援 |
[10:09] | If that is sufficient | 这一点是否足以 |
[10:10] | to outweigh the qualifications of a Rhodes scholar | 成为我胜过罗德奖学金获得者的理由 |
[10:13] | is for Mr. Jackson to answer, not me. | 这应该由杰克逊先生来回答而不是我 |
[10:16] | Something we can certainly explore further. | 对此我们当然会进行后续调查 |
[10:18] | – Now let’s move on. – That’s how you do it. | -我们继续 -说得漂亮 |
[10:20] | Well, glad my heart attack worked to her advantage. | 很高兴我的心脏病帮了她的忙 |
[10:24] | I have President Salnikov, ma’am. | 已经连上萨尔尼科夫总统 总统女士 |
[10:25] | Ms. McCord, | 麦考德女士 |
[10:27] | we’ve spent much of this afternoon… | 今天下午我们花了很多时间… |
[10:31] | Good evening, Madam President. | 晚上好 总统女士 |
[10:33] | I’m sorry to disturb you so late, Mr. President. | 抱歉这么晚相扰 总统先生 |
[10:36] | We’ve just gotten news on the capture of Eli Volk. | 我们就伊莱·沃尔克被捕一事有了进展 |
[10:39] | Our intel shows he’s being held | 我们的情报显示 他目前被关押在 |
[10:41] | in the Iranian embassy in Moscow. | 莫斯科的伊朗大使馆中 |
[10:44] | That is surprising. | 居然有这样的事 |
[10:47] | Yes, and I’m sure | 我相信 |
[10:48] | you agree this development is appalling and unacceptable. | 您一定也觉得此举恶劣 让人无法接受 |
[10:52] | Have you contacted the embassy? | 您是否联系过伊朗大使馆 |
[10:55] | Well, in light of recent events, | 鉴于近期的一些纷争 |
[10:58] | Iran isn’t taking our calls at the moment. | 伊朗目前拒接我方的电话 |
[11:00] | Any information or help you can offer | 如果您能提供相关信息或帮助 |
[11:03] | to get our citizen home would be most appreciated. | 协助我国公民回国 我们感激不尽 |
[11:07] | We will do everything we can. | 我们定会尽力相助 |
[11:08] | As you know, the embassy is not under our jurisdiction. | 但您应该知道 大使馆不在我们的辖权之内 |
[11:11] | I’m aware of that, Mr. President. | 我了解 总统先生 |
[11:14] | And I’m sure you’re aware | 我相信您也清楚 |
[11:15] | that Mr. Volk’s illegal kidnapping | 对沃尔克先生的非法劫持 |
[11:18] | is affecting the global market, | 会对全球市场带来震荡 |
[11:19] | which impacts your economy and ours. | 而这也会影响到你我两国的经济 |
[11:23] | It seems to me, Madam President, | 总统女士 在我看来 |
[11:25] | the best way to stabilize the situation is | 稳定局势的最佳方式 |
[11:27] | to answer Iran directly | 貌似是 就贵国的挑衅行为 |
[11:29] | for your own provocations. | 与伊朗进行直接对话 |
[11:32] | Thank you for your counsel. | 谢谢您的建议 |
[11:34] | Let me add that | 除此之外 |
[11:36] | if Mr. Volk steps one foot out of the embassy, | 如果沃尔克先生踏出大使馆一步 |
[11:39] | we’ll consider his well-being your direct responsibility. | 我们认为贵国将对其人身安全负直接责任 |
[11:43] | If anything were to prevent his swift and safe return home, | 任何试图阻挠其快速安全返回之举 |
[11:47] | there would be grave consequences. | 都会导致严重后果 |
[11:49] | We are great admirers of Mr. Volk | 我们非常敬仰沃尔克先生 |
[11:51] | and stand by ready to help. | 随时准备提供帮助 |
[11:53] | Good night, Madam President. | 晚安 总统女士 |
[11:56] | Did he just explain to us how embassies work? | 他刚刚是在跟我们解释大使馆的运作机制吗 |
[11:59] | If he’s stonewalling, I-I’m gonna need evidence | 如果他试图拖延 我需要证据 |
[12:02] | of Russia’s involvement. | 证明俄罗斯牵涉其中 |
[12:04] | Reach out to the DNI, have them see if there are | 联系联调局 调查俄罗斯与伊朗 |
[12:06] | any recent deals between Russia and Iran, | 近期是否有交易 |
[12:09] | anything that even looks like a quid pro quo. | 即使是疑似的交换条件也要调出来 |
[12:12] | Ma’am, it’s time for the WTO. | 总统 世贸组织会议时间到了 |
[12:14] | I’ll reach out to Ephraim. | 我去联系埃弗兰 |
[12:15] | Yeah, okay. | 好 |
[12:19] | How’s she doing? | 她那边情况怎么样 |
[12:21] | You know like in Wonder Woman, | 您看过《神奇女侠》吗 |
[12:23] | when she fends off bullets with her bracelets? | 她用手环抵御子弹 |
[12:26] | It’s like that. | 就跟这差不多 |
[12:30] | Ms. McCord, how did you learn about your mother’s, uh, role | 麦考德女士 你是如何得知你母亲 |
[12:32] | in the torture and murder | 在针对伊拉克囚犯的虐囚与谋杀事件中 |
[12:34] | of Iraqi detainees? | 所扮演的角色的 |
[12:39] | I’m sorry. Is my mother on trial for the actions | 抱歉 请问我母亲现在是因为 |
[12:41] | of the U.S. Government | 她在美国政府反恐战争中所采取的行动 |
[12:42] | during the war on terror? | 而受审吗 |
[12:44] | I have a text message that you sent seven years ago. | 这里有一条你在七年前所发送的短信 |
[12:49] | “Don’t ask my mom. | “别问我妈 |
[12:50] | “She totally lied about Iraq | “我小时候她跟我说的关于伊朗的事情 |
[12:52] | for my entire childhood.” | 全是谎言” |
[12:54] | Uh, I was not aware | 我们并不知晓 |
[12:55] | that there was a House subpoena | 参议院针对麦考德女士的私人讯息 |
[12:56] | on Ms. McCord’s private messages. | 签发了传票 |
[12:59] | This was offered by the recipient. | 这条信息是由信息接收者提供的 |
[13:03] | Well, that was a seven-year-old comment taken out of context. | 这是七年前的短信 并且断章取义 |
[13:06] | There had been a recent bombing, | 当时发生了爆炸事件 |
[13:08] | and I think I was on my way to a peace rally. | 我当时应该正准备参加维和集会 |
[13:11] | Did she or didn’t she lie to you about Iraq? | 在伊拉克的事情上她有没有跟你说过谎 |
[13:12] | That’s… If she had told me the truth, | 要是她告诉了我真相 |
[13:17] | you would be raking her over the coals | 你就会用泄露机密信息 |
[13:18] | for revealing classified information. | 来指控她 |
[13:20] | So you admit she’s a liar? | 那你承认她是个骗子吗 |
[13:21] | Ms. McCord is not here to discuss her personal conversations | 麦考德女士来这里不是为了讨论 |
[13:24] | with her mother or her friends that have no bearing | 她与母亲 或并非总统又与此委员会章程 |
[13:27] | on the president’s duties or this committee’s charter. | 无关的朋友的私人对话的 |
[13:31] | Why don’t I move on to my next area of inquiry? | 那何不进入下一项问询 |
[13:33] | – Thank you. – I want to ask you | -谢谢 -我想问一下 |
[13:34] | about your relationship with, uh, Dmitri Petrov. | 你和迪米特里·派特洛夫的关系 |
[13:39] | Yes. | 是 |
[13:40] | He was your date | 在白宫记者协会年度晚宴上 |
[13:42] | to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. | 他是你的男伴 |
[13:44] | Is that correct? | 对吗 |
[13:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:46] | How did you first meet Mr. Petrov? | 你是如何认识派特洛夫先生的 |
[13:48] | Uh, he was my father’s student at the War College. | 他是我父亲在军事学院的学生 |
[13:51] | Were you aware at the time | 那时候你知道 |
[13:52] | that Mr. Petrov was an intelligence asset | 派特洛夫先生是你父亲的 |
[13:54] | under your father’s supervision? | 下线情报人员吗 |
[13:56] | No. | 不知道 |
[13:56] | Were you aware that before you met Mr. Petrov, | 你知道在你认识派特洛夫先生前 |
[13:58] | he was living in Phoenix, Arizona | 他以一个假名 |
[14:00] | under a pseudonym | 住在亚利桑那州的凤凰城 |
[14:01] | where he was arrested for assault? | 并且因人身攻击而被捕吗 |
[14:05] | I was not. | 我不知道 |
[14:06] | Were you aware that Mr. Petrov was treated | 你知道派特洛夫先生在你们认识前不久 |
[14:08] | for opiate addiction shortly before you first met? | 还在治疗麻醉剂成瘾吗 |
[14:12] | No, I wasn’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[14:14] | I didn’t know… the opiate… | 我不知道 麻醉剂成瘾 |
[14:17] | No. | 不知道 |
[14:17] | So your father allowed you to | 那所以你父亲允许你 |
[14:18] | engage in a relationship with a violent opiate addict | 和一位暴力的麻醉剂上瘾者 |
[14:21] | who was, at the time, a target of Russian assassins? | 同时还是俄罗斯杀手的目标交往吗 |
[14:24] | It’s completely ridiculous. Mr. Canning, | -这太荒谬了 -坎宁先生 |
[14:25] | this line of questioning has nothing to do with | 这部分问题跟弹劾调查 |
[14:27] | an impeachment inquiry. | 没有任何关系 |
[14:28] | It has everything to do with President McCord’s character, | 这和麦考德总统的性格有非常大的关系 |
[14:30] | which is fundamental to this inquiry. | 这正是这次调查的基础 |
[14:32] | Dmitri Petrov’s efforts influenced | 迪米特里·派特洛夫的成果影响了 |
[14:34] | America’s foreign policy agenda, | 美国的外交政策议程 |
[14:36] | directly benefiting Elizabeth McCord | 伊丽莎白·麦考德从中直接获益 |
[14:37] | at a time when she was plotting her own political future. | 在那时她正在谋划自己的政治前景 |
[14:41] | The McCords wanted to keep him on a leash | 麦考德家族想要拴着他 |
[14:42] | in case they needed him again. | 以防他们还会再次需要利用他 |
[14:44] | And in blatant disregard of protocol, | 并且公然无视规则 |
[14:45] | they deployed their own daughter | 他们利用自己的女儿 |
[14:47] | to aid in their own self-serving mission. | 来帮助完成他们自己的任务 |
[14:49] | – That is completely outrageous. – Point of order. | -这完全无法容忍 -程序问题 |
[14:51] | You have exceeded your time, Mr. Chairman. | 主席先生 你超时了 |
[14:53] | Aah! Put me out of my misery. | 总算是救了我 |
[14:56] | Heeney better put him in a box. | 希尼最好能干掉他 |
[14:58] | Are you currently employed, Ms. McCord? | 麦考德女士 你现在有工作吗 |
[15:00] | Yes, I am a project manager at the Human Amnesty Association. | 有 我在人类特赦联合会做项目经理 |
[15:05] | And I just want to say for one, | 我只是想要说一句 |
[15:06] | I am very grateful | 我非常感激 |
[15:09] | for the vital humanitarian work that you’re doing there. | 你们做的至关重要的人道主义工作 |
[15:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:13] | And can I just ask– | 我想要问一句 |
[15:14] | and sorry if this is a little off topic– but | 抱歉这可能有一点跑题 |
[15:16] | how did your status | 但是你如何评价 |
[15:17] | as First Daughter help you get this position? | 作为总统长女对于你职位的帮助 |
[15:20] | It didn’t. | 并没有 |
[15:22] | Um, I was actually told | 其实我被告知 |
[15:24] | that my security requirements were a concern. | 我的安保需求是个问题 |
[15:26] | But I like to think that my passion | 不过我想我对这份工作的热情 |
[15:29] | for the work and my degree in social justice law | 和我在社会司法的学位 |
[15:32] | helped mitigate those challenges. | 对克服这些挑战有帮助 |
[15:34] | Uh, meaning you’re not in the habit | 意思是你并不习惯于 |
[15:35] | of using your personal connections | 在你的事业发展上 |
[15:37] | for career advancement? | 利用你的个人关系 |
[15:38] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不习惯 |
[15:39] | Take that, nepotism. | 接招吧 裙带关系 |
[15:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:42] | I’ll yield the rest of my time to the chairman. | 我把我剩下的时间分给主席 |
[15:44] | Wait. What? | 等等 什么 |
[15:45] | What is he… Don’t yield! | 他在干… 别分给他啊 |
[15:47] | I’d like to go back to Mr. Petrov. | 我还是想回到派特洛夫先生的问题上 |
[15:49] | Because it seems to me that | 因为我认为 |
[15:51] | the American public deserves to know the truth | 美国民众有权知道 |
[15:53] | of your parents’ involvement in this, uh… this relationship. | 你父母在这段关系上的真相 |
[15:56] | Congressman, my parents were not involved | 议员先生 我父母并没有参与到 |
[15:59] | – in my relationship. – So you were not complicit | -我的交往关系中 -你并没有参与 |
[16:00] | in your parents’ manipulation of Dmitri Petrov? | 你父母对于迪米特里·派特洛夫的操控吗 |
[16:02] | They deceived you, as well? | 他们也欺骗了你吗 |
[16:03] | That’s… that… Mr. Canning. | 那… 那… 坎宁先生 |
[16:05] | Mr. Canning? This isn’t croquet! | 坎宁先生 这不是槌球游戏 |
[16:05] | That’s not… | 这不是… |
[16:06] | What the hell is he afraid of? | 他到底在害怕什么 |
[16:08] | They couldn’t have manipulated Mr. Petrov | 他们不可能操控派特洛夫先生 |
[16:09] | because they didn’t know | 因为他们一开始 |
[16:10] | that I was seeing him at first. | 并不知道我在跟他交往 |
[16:14] | So, you’ve come here to defend your mother, | 你来这为了给你母亲辩护 |
[16:16] | but it turns out that you are just as deceitful as she is. | 但是结果是你和她一样不诚实 |
[16:21] | Wha…? | 什… |
[16:22] | I’m sorry. That’s not at all accurate. | 抱歉 这完全不准确 |
[16:25] | Given this witness’s admitted disregard for the truth, | 证人承认无视真相 |
[16:28] | I don’t think further questioning would be fruitful. | 我认为继续问询毫无意义 |
[16:31] | You’re excused. | 你可以离开了 |
[16:45] | Guys, I am so sorry. | 爸妈 我很抱歉 |
[16:48] | No. What? Are you kidding? | 不 什么 别逗了 |
[16:49] | What? No. Are you kidding? | 什么 不 别逗了 |
[16:49] | – We’re sorry. – I just… | -我们很抱歉 -我只是… |
[16:51] | That never should have happened, Stevie… | 就不该发生 斯蒂芬… |
[16:53] | He started hammering me with all these questions. | 他开始用那些问题锤向我 |
[16:54] | I didn’t know about Dmitri… | 我不知道迪米特里 |
[16:54] | Listen. No. I-I… | 听着 不 我 |
[16:55] | It never should have happened. | 就不该发生这件事 |
[16:57] | It’s my fault. I should have told you about Dmitri’s history. | 是我的错 我该告诉你迪米特里的过去 |
[16:58] | No, it is not. You-you… | 不 不是的 你… |
[16:59] | – But I… – It is not your fault. I… | -但是我 -不是你的错 我… |
[17:01] | You didn’t even know that we were dating. | 你都不知道我们在交往 |
[17:03] | That is totally on me. | 都是我的问题 |
[17:05] | Stevie, none of this is on you, sweetheart. | 斯蒂芬 没有你的问题 亲爱的 |
[17:09] | You were so brave and so good. | 你非常勇敢 非常坚强 |
[17:14] | Yesterday turned an internship and a boyfriend | 昨天他们针对实习和男友展开了大屠杀 |
[17:17] | into a bloodbath we’ll be mopping up for months. | 我们得要几个月才能恢复 |
[17:20] | We’re not throwing another one of you to the lions. | 我们不能再把你们任何一人送入虎口了 |
[17:22] | I’m already under subpoena. I’m not backing out. | 我已经被传唤了 我不能食言 |
[17:25] | We’d be well within our rights to claim spousal privilege. | 我们有权行使配偶特权 |
[17:27] | And let it seem like we’re in retreat? | 然后看起来我们在退缩吗 |
[17:30] | No. That would confirm | 不 这就证实了 |
[17:31] | every lie they threw out there yesterday. | 他们昨天抛出的所有谎言 |
[17:32] | I still can’t even follow what Canning thought | 我还是无法理解坎宁认为 |
[17:34] | he was trying to build. | 他在搭建的是什么 |
[17:35] | Somehow your daughter dating a Russian asset helped you | 你们女儿和一个俄罗斯线人交往 |
[17:37] | shore up political power? | 怎么就能帮你们建立政治权力了 |
[17:39] | He was spinning. | 他是在兜圈子 |
[17:40] | And Heeney was holding the yarn. | 希尼根本是个摆设 |
[17:42] | So much for having an ally up there. | 有个支持者在也不过如此 |
[17:44] | Which is why I need to testify. | 这正是我要去出庭的原因 |
[17:46] | I’m the one that brought Dmitri | 是我把迪米特里带入 |
[17:47] | into Special Activities Division. | 特别行动小组的 |
[17:49] | I can vouch for his value as an asset. | 我可以为他作为线人的价值担保 |
[17:51] | They are making him the question. | 他们在把他变成问题 |
[17:53] | I’m the one that can answer it. | 我是可以回答问题的人 |
[17:54] | My concern is how much | 我的担心是派特洛夫的案子 |
[17:55] | of this Petrov case is still classified. | 有多少是还在保密阶段的 |
[17:58] | Your hands will be tied. | 你拿不出太多证据 |
[18:00] | Make it a closed hearing. | 要求非公开听证会 |
[18:01] | They smeared Stevie publicly. I want to answer it publicly. | 他们公开抹黑斯蒂芬 我要公开回答 |
[18:04] | It’s the only way | 这是唯一 |
[18:05] | that we can fully answer these insane allegations. | 能完全回答这些无理指控的方式 |
[18:09] | Congress can always release | 如果有故意掩饰的指控 |
[18:10] | a redacted transcript if there are accusations of a cover-up. | 国会可以放出处理过的文稿 |
[18:13] | – If you think it’s best. – Can we… | -如果你觉得这样最好 -我们能否 |
[18:15] | limit the questions to Petrov, at least? | 至少把问题限制在派特洛夫身上 |
[18:20] | No. | 不能 |
[18:21] | We’ll answer whatever questions they have. | 我们会回答他们的各种问题 |
[18:24] | Let the chairman know the hearing will be closed. | 告诉主席听证会将非公开进行 |
[18:26] | Thank you, everyone. That’s it. | 谢谢各位 先这样 |
[18:37] | I’ll fix it. | 我会解决的 |
[18:50] | Hey. How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[18:53] | Good. | 还好 |
[18:54] | Sorry I didn’t call last night. | 抱歉我昨晚没打电话 |
[18:56] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[18:57] | It was a…. | 昨天是个… |
[18:59] | it was a crazy day. | 是个疯狂的一天 |
[19:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:04] | I was thinking about… | 我在想… |
[19:05] | Yeah, I don’t know if, um, you… | 我不知道你是否… |
[19:07] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:07] | No, go ahead. | 没事 继续 |
[19:08] | No. You. | 不 你说吧 |
[19:13] | Uh, some of the things you heard about me– | 你听到的一些关于我的事情 |
[19:15] | the assault charge in Phoenix | 在凤凰城的人身攻击指控 |
[19:17] | I didn’t hurt anyone. | 我没有伤害任何人 |
[19:18] | I-I smashed a television. It was stupid. | 我砸了一台电视 很愚蠢 |
[19:20] | Okay, yeah, the… | 好的 |
[19:22] | Actually, the only thing that really threw me was, um… | 其实 唯一让我很困惑的是 |
[19:25] | was the addiction recovery. | 成瘾戒断 |
[19:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:29] | Uh, it was, uh, pain medication for some injuries | 是我在俄罗斯受伤之后 |
[19:32] | that I suffered in Russia. | 服用的止痛药 |
[19:34] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:37] | I just… I dated an addict once before, | 只是 我以前相处过一个瘾君子 |
[19:39] | and, uh, just made me wonder | 让我不禁怀疑 |
[19:42] | if it’s a thing with me, or… | 是不是自己有这方面的… |
[19:44] | No, it’s not a thing with me. | 不 这不是我的本质问题 |
[19:46] | I’ve never done anything since treatment. Never. | 治疗结束之后我再也没复发过 从来没有 |
[19:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:52] | This is so weird. | 这很奇怪 |
[19:54] | I’m sorry I keep bringing you and your family so much trouble. | 给你和你的家人带来了这么多麻烦我很抱歉 |
[19:57] | Hey, uh, can-can we meet up, um, | 我们能见个面吗 |
[20:00] | so we can talk in person? | 面对面聊聊 |
[20:02] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[20:05] | I think I just need a little time | 我觉得我还是需要一点时间 |
[20:08] | to think things through first. | 先把事情想想清楚 |
[20:11] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[20:13] | But I’ll call you soon, okay? | 不过我会尽快给你打电话的 行吗 |
[20:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:16] | I’ll-I’ll talk to you then. | 到时候聊 |
[20:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:28] | “USAID has prioritized emergency | “国际开发署已将针对 |
[20:31] | response programs for vulnerable population groups…” | 弱势群体的紧急应对计划列为优先项目” |
[20:33] | Ma’am? | 总统女士 |
[20:35] | Ephraim Ware. | 埃弗兰·威尔 |
[20:35] | I was just forcing Russell to get some steps in with me. | 我只是逼着拉塞尔来跟我走一走 |
[20:38] | You know, FDR used to work at a desk out here. | 罗斯福曾经把办公桌放在外面办公 |
[20:42] | So say the White House archives. | 白宫档案馆是这么记载的 |
[20:45] | I’ll let you run the country now. | 我就不打扰各位料理国事了 |
[20:48] | Ma’am, we have evidence | 总统女士 我们有证据证明 |
[20:50] | of Russia’s possible cooperation with Iran | 俄罗斯很有可能和伊朗联手 |
[20:53] | in the capture of Eli Volk. | 逮捕了伊莱·沃尔克 |
[20:55] | I really didn’t want to be right about that. | 我真的不希望这是真的 |
[20:57] | This is a direct transfer from the State Bank of Iran | 这是从伊朗国家银行直接汇给 |
[21:00] | to a private account traced to President Salnikov. | 萨尔尼科夫总统私人账户的转账记录 |
[21:04] | The payment appears to be connected to a recent deal | 这笔款似乎和最近的 |
[21:07] | for Russia to develop Iranian oil fields. | 俄罗斯开发伊朗油田的交易有关系 |
[21:09] | What kind of oil deal | 什么样的石油交易 |
[21:11] | pays directly into a president’s pocket? | 要直接给总统的户头转账 |
[21:13] | You have confidence in this intelligence? | 这份情报的准确性能保证吗 |
[21:15] | Entirely. I’ll also point out | 绝对的 我还能指出 |
[21:18] | that the date of the transfer is | 转账的时间比我们海豹突击队 |
[21:20] | less than 48 hours after our SEAL team’s | 在黎巴嫩抓捕雷扎·穆萨雷 |
[21:23] | capture of Reza Mousavi in Lebanon. | 晚了不到48小时 |
[21:25] | Yeah, well, Iran didn’t waste any time | 好吧 看来 伊朗在采取反击行动方面 |
[21:27] | hatching a counterattack. | 一点都没浪费时间 |
[21:28] | Or it’s a striking coincidence. | 或者是个惊人的巧合 |
[21:31] | Thanks, Ephraim. | 谢谢 埃弗兰 |
[21:33] | Ma’am. | 再见 总统女士 |
[21:34] | Madam President, perhaps your own charges | 总统女士 也许针对你个人的 |
[21:37] | of collusion with Iran have confused you. | 和伊朗勾结的指控让你昏了头 |
[21:40] | There is nothing covert in an oil deal between two allies. | 两个盟国之间的石油交易没有什么秘密可言 |
[21:43] | This agreement with Iran was widely reported in the press. | 和伊朗的这项协议已经在媒体上广为报道了 |
[21:47] | True. | 确实 |
[21:49] | What wasn’t widely reported was how much you, Mr. President, | 但是没有广为报道的是 总统先生您个人 |
[21:53] | were personally enriched by this deal. | 在这笔交易中获利了多少 |
[21:55] | I-I have here records of multiple transfers | 我有从伊朗国家银行 |
[21:58] | to an account we’ve traced to you personally | 转到你个人账户的 |
[22:01] | from the State Bank of Iran. | 多次转账记录 |
[22:04] | All of which happened days before Eli Volk’s capture. | 都是伊莱·沃尔克被抓之前几天的 |
[22:08] | Something I appreciated about your predecessor | 我欣赏你前任的一点是 |
[22:10] | was that he never spoke in innuendo. | 他说话从不含沙射影 |
[22:13] | It’s something wives do, not leaders. | 那是家庭主妇干的事 不是国家领导 |
[22:15] | Well, I thank you, Maxim, | 谢谢你 马克西姆 |
[22:17] | for another lesson in statecraft. | 在治国之道方面又给我上了一课 |
[22:20] | Let me be more direct, then: | 那我就再直接一点 |
[22:23] | Either you take immediate steps | 要么你立即采取行动 |
[22:25] | to get Iran to return our citizen | 让伊朗归还我国公民 |
[22:27] | and avoid further conflict with the United States, | 并避免和美国产生进一步冲突 |
[22:30] | or the people of Russia will soon know | 要么俄罗斯民众很快就能知道 |
[22:32] | how much you’ve personally gained | 你以牺牲同志们为代价 |
[22:34] | at the expense of your comrades. | 赚取了多少个人利益 |
[22:37] | I hope that’s not too indirect. | 希望这番话不会太直接 |
[22:40] | Your threats are quite clear; | 你的威胁已经表达得很清楚了 |
[22:41] | however, the fact remains | 不过 事实上 |
[22:43] | that your citizen is being held | 你的公民被关押在 |
[22:46] | in the sovereign territory of the Iranian embassy. | 伊朗大使馆的主权领土上 |
[22:50] | Therefore, I cannot… | 因此 我无法… |
[22:51] | I-I’m not asking you to violate Iran’s sovereignty. | 我不是让你去侵犯伊朗的主权领土 |
[22:55] | I’m asking you to reach out to your ally to arrange | 我是让你联系你的盟友 让他们秘密地 |
[22:58] | the secret transfer of Eli Volk from Moscow to Tehran. | 将伊莱·沃尔克从莫斯科转移到德黑兰 |
[23:02] | And then I’d like you to inform us immediately | 然后我希望你把航班信息 |
[23:05] | of the details of the flight plan. | 立即告诉我们 |
[23:07] | You have 12 hours to make the arrangement. | 我们给你12小时时间进行安排 |
[23:13] | He’s so right about the direct approach. | 他说得没错 是应该直接一点 |
[23:15] | I-It really is more… efficient. | 确实更有效 |
[23:22] | I’ll reach out to Defense. | 我去联系国防部 |
[23:26] | 伊朗大使馆 莫斯科 | |
[23:48] | We’re on. | 开始了 |
[23:55] | Ma’am, we successfully intercepted | 总统女士 伊莱·沃尔克搭乘的飞机 |
[23:57] | the jet carrying Eli Volk | 刚从俄罗斯起飞 |
[23:59] | once it left Russian air space. | 我们就成功地拦截了 |
[24:01] | His plane has landed and is on the tarmac at Incirlik. | 他的飞机已经降落在因吉尔里克的停机坪上 |
[24:04] | Once the hostage deplanes, a Delta Force Team | 一旦人质下飞机 三角洲特种部队 |
[24:06] | will secure the aircraft. | 就会对飞机采取安全措施 |
[24:08] | Looks like Salnikov came through. | 看来萨尔尼科夫成功了 |
[24:10] | Any contact from Iran? | 伊朗那边有消息吗 |
[24:12] | Nothing official. We’re trying back channels. | 官方消息还没有 我们正在联系非正式渠道 |
[24:15] | Alpha Team, execute secure package. | 阿尔法小队 执行安全方案 |
[24:26] | Switch camera view to door side. | 把摄像头视角转换到门边 |
[24:30] | First step will be to establish communication | 第一步是先和驾驶舱 |
[24:32] | with the cockpit. | 建立沟通 |
[24:34] | Get proof of life on Volk. | 得到沃尔克活着的证据 |
[24:36] | Eyes on the door. | 注意舱门 |
[24:38] | The door is opening. | 舱门正在打开 |
[24:49] | Send Eli Volk out of the plane now. | 马上让伊莱·沃尔克走出飞机 |
[24:52] | Eli Volk… | 伊莱·沃尔克… |
[24:56] | I repeat, send Eli Volk… | 我重复 让伊莱·沃尔克… |
[24:59] | Hey, we got a civilian in there! | 里面有公民 |
[25:01] | – Hold fire. Hold fire. – Pull them back. | -停止交火 停止交火 -把他们撤回来 |
[25:03] | Hold fire! | 停止交火 |
[25:05] | Pop smoke and take cover. | 释放烟雾弹 寻找掩护 |
[25:06] | Popping smoke. | 释放烟雾弹 |
[25:13] | They’re surrounded by U.S. Troops. | 他们已经被美国军队包围了 |
[25:15] | How do they think this ends? | 他们觉得结果会怎样 |
[25:16] | For all we know, that cargo bay’s full of C-4. | 据我们所知 货舱里装满了C4炸药 |
[25:19] | How’s our casualty? | 伤员情况呢 |
[25:21] | Stable. | 情况稳定 |
[25:22] | We’ve got him on a medevac to Landstuhl. | 我们已经用救伤直升机把他送到兰德斯图尔了 |
[25:24] | What about Volk? | 沃尔克呢 |
[25:25] | We’re working on re-establishing comms. | 我们正在努力重建通讯 |
[25:27] | Infrared shows that he’s in there, | 红外线显示他在里面 |
[25:28] | but they’ve blocked our view of the cabin. | 但是他们遮挡了客舱的视线 |
[25:30] | So he could be wounded or dying for all we know. | 所以他可能受伤或者快要死了 |
[25:33] | No moves until we get word on Volk. | 没有沃尔克的消息之前不许有任何行动 |
[25:36] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[25:37] | Let’s just calm this down. | 我们先冷静一下 |
[25:41] | Ephraim? | 埃弗兰 |
[25:41] | We just got SIGINT from Syria and Southern Lebanon. | 我们刚刚从叙利亚和黎巴嫩南部截获情报 |
[25:45] | Iranian proxy forces | 伊朗代理部队 |
[25:47] | are activating on the Israeli border. | 正在以色列边境活动 |
[25:49] | Ma’am, if Hezbollah launches their short range missiles, | 总统女士 如果黎巴嫩真主党发送短程导弹 |
[25:52] | hundreds could be killed. | 会死伤几百人 |
[25:53] | It’s saber-rattling. Shiraz doesn’t want | 这是武力恫吓 设拉子不会希望 |
[25:56] | the Middle East igniting over this any more than we do. | 中东比我们更专注这个问题 |
[25:59] | I’d rather not count on that. But… | 我可不想把宝押在这上 |
[26:01] | Uh, Susan’s right. | 苏珊说得对 |
[26:03] | But we have to give Shiraz something so he has cover. | 但我们得给设拉子点东西让他有掩护 |
[26:07] | Let’s get Tehran. | 联系德黑兰 |
[26:09] | Get us President Shiraz as soon as possible. | 尽快和设拉子总统取得联系 |
[26:11] | All due respect, ma’am, you are under | 恕我直言 总统女士 您现在正因为 |
[26:13] | an impeachment investigation for colluding with Iran. | 与伊朗勾结而受到弹劾 |
[26:16] | Is this really the time for appeasement? | 现在真的是缓和的时候吗 |
[26:18] | I’m gonna lead with a stick. | 我现在是要挥大棒 |
[26:20] | I just want a carrot on the end of it. | 我只是希望后面能有根胡萝卜 |
[26:23] | I have Shiraz on the line, ma’am. | 已经和设拉子连线了 总统女士 |
[26:25] | Get him on the screen. | 放到大屏幕上 |
[26:27] | Ellen, are we prepared for a retaliatory strike? | 艾伦 我们准备好反击了吗 |
[26:31] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 总统女士 |
[26:31] | Sixth Fleet is on standby in the Gulf. | 第六舰队正在海湾待命 |
[26:33] | We can have F-18s | 十分钟内我们就能 |
[26:35] | over Bandar-e ‘Abbas in ten minutes. | 在班达尔·阿巴斯上空部署F18战机 |
[26:37] | Can we discuss what you’re planning to offer first? | 我们可以先讨论一下你打算提供什么条件吗 |
[26:40] | Russell, I’m trying to prevent a shooting war in the Middle East. | 拉塞尔 我正在努力阻止中东的战争 |
[26:42] | We can talk about how it plays in the press later. | 我们可以稍后再讨论对媒体怎么说 |
[26:44] | President Shiraz. | 设拉子总统 |
[26:45] | It seems we have a situation. | 我们似乎有麻烦了 |
[26:47] | No, you have a situation. | 不 是你有麻烦了 |
[26:50] | You can resolve it by returning | 你可以通过立即送回我国公民 |
[26:51] | our citizen Reza Mousavi immediately. | 雷扎·穆萨雷来解决 |
[26:54] | Let’s take a beat here. | 我们先来理清一下 |
[26:57] | You’ve got an American held hostage by armed guards. | 你们武装扣押了一名美国人质 |
[27:01] | We’ve got you surrounded by American troops | 我们在军事基地用美国军队包围了你们【接 |
[27:04] | military base. | 接上p】的一个军事基地 |
[27:06] | And now you’ve got Hezbollah aiming rockets at Tel Aviv. | 现在你让黎巴嫩真主党把导弹瞄准了特拉维夫 |
[27:09] | Have you asked yourself where this ends? | 你有没有问过自己这一切将如何收场 |
[27:12] | It ends where it began: | 像开始那样结束 |
[27:14] | with Iran defending itself | 伊朗保护自己 |
[27:16] | against U.S. imperial aggression. | 免受美国帝国主义侵略 |
[27:19] | Do you honestly think bullying is the way to go here? | 你真的觉得是霸凌导致现在的局面吗 |
[27:22] | Because I’ll tell you what bullying gets you, Najid. | 那我要告诉你霸凌会带来什么 纳吉德 |
[27:25] | It gets you a firestorm of Tomahawk Missiles | 会带来风暴般的战斧导弹和智能炸弹 |
[27:28] | and smart bombs annihilating your offensive capabilities | 会在你还未能考虑如何回应时 |
[27:30] | before you can even think about responding. | 就摧毁你的反击能力 |
[27:34] | And then your only consolation | 到时你唯一的安慰就是 |
[27:36] | will be a proxy war with Israel that you cannot win. | 和以色列打一场你赢不了的代理战争 |
[27:42] | In the next 30 minutes, | 在接下来的三十分钟内 |
[27:45] | Eli Volk is going to walk off that plane. | 伊莱·沃尔克要从那架飞机上走出来 |
[27:48] | No shots will be fired on our side or yours. | 你我双方都不会开枪 |
[27:52] | Your plane, | 你的飞机 |
[27:53] | and everyone on it, will return peacefully to Iran | 和机内人员会平安返回伊朗 |
[27:57] | and we’ll continue our talks about cyber attacks another day. | 我们改天再讨论网络攻击问题 |
[28:11] | I will bring your proposal to the Supreme Leader | 我会将你的建议转达最高领袖 |
[28:13] | for his consideration. | 以供他考虑 |
[28:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:19] | Well played, Madam President. | 做得好 总统女士 |
[28:23] | Let’s hope that was enough of a carrot. | 希望有足够的胡萝卜了 |
[28:25] | It was plenty of stick. | 大棒可够多了 |
[29:29] | 众议院听证会厅 司法委员会 封闭开庭 | |
[29:29] | Dr. McCord, six years ago, when you worked | 麦考德博士 六年前 你就职于 |
[29:32] | for Defense Intelligence, | 国防部情报部门时 |
[29:32] | you recruited a Russian soldier | 招募了一位叫做迪米特里·派特洛夫的 |
[29:34] | named Dimitri Petrov as an agent | 俄罗斯士兵作为间谍 |
[29:37] | to spy on Russia, is that correct? | 监视俄罗斯 是吗 |
[29:39] | I did. | 是的 |
[29:40] | And you did so by providing experimental | 你通过向他身患纤维肉瘤的姐姐 |
[29:41] | life-saving treatment to his sister, | 提供实验性的救助治疗 |
[29:43] | who was suffering from fibrosarcoma. | 来达到此目的 |
[29:46] | Yes. And he performed an invaluable service | 是的 他发挥了关键作用 |
[29:48] | to the United States by providing critical intelligence | 向美国提供的重要情报 |
[29:51] | that helped prevent a Russian invasion of Ukraine. | 帮助阻止了俄罗斯入侵乌克兰 |
[29:53] | Subsequent to, uh, Mr. Petrov’s invaluable service, | 在派特洛夫先生的关键作用之后 |
[29:56] | Russia engaged in treaty negotiations | 俄罗斯与美国进行了 |
[29:58] | with the United States, which necessitated | 条约谈判 这亟需 |
[30:00] | the identification and capture of Mr. Petrov, correct? | 找到并抓捕派特洛夫先生 是吗 |
[30:03] | I can’t get into the details of that, | 我不能谈及详细内容 |
[30:05] | but Mr. Petrov, regrettably, | 但是很遗憾 派特洛夫先生 |
[30:08] | was collateral damage for the sake of national security. | 是国家安全造成的附带伤害 |
[30:11] | Yeah, but he underwent torture. | 是的 不过他经受了折磨 |
[30:13] | Correct. | 是的 |
[30:15] | Dr. McCord, you, uh, you personally worked | 麦考德博士 你亲自参与 |
[30:17] | to have Mr. Petrov released and repatriated | 为派特洛夫先生获释并遣返美国 |
[30:20] | – to the United States, is that correct? – I did. | -而努力 是吗 -是的 |
[30:22] | Are you aware of the maxim that, uh, | 你知道这样的说法吗 |
[30:24] | once an agent has been turned, | 被策反过一次的间谍 |
[30:27] | he or she can be turned again? | 就能够被再次策反 |
[30:30] | That’s a gross oversimplification. | 这个说法过于简单了 |
[30:31] | Mr. Petrov was a unique asset | 派特洛夫先生是独一无二的资源 |
[30:34] | with an unparalleled knowledge base. | 他拥有无可比拟的知识储备 |
[30:35] | I recruited him only after he was fully vetted. | 我是在他经过全面审查后才招募他的 |
[30:38] | Were you aware of his opioid addiction | 你把他带到特别行动组的时候 |
[30:39] | when you brought him on at Special Activities Division? | 知道他吸毒成瘾吗 |
[30:41] | I learned of that later. | 我之后知道的 |
[30:43] | So your vetting was less than thorough. | 所以你的审查不够彻底啊 |
[30:46] | Excuse me, Congressman, I once again fail to see | 抱歉打断您 议员先生 我还是不清楚 |
[30:48] | how these questions have anything to do | 这些问题与麦考德总统 |
[30:51] | with President McCord. | 有什么关联 |
[30:52] | I’m establishing that connection right now, Counselor. | 我正在说明其中的关联 顾问女士 |
[30:55] | Dr. McCord, after your wife became | 麦考德博士 在你的妻子成为 |
[30:56] | Secretary of State, she installed you | 国务卿之后 她任命你 |
[30:58] | as President Dalton’s ethics advisor, didn’t she? | 作为道尔顿总统的道德顾问 是吗 |
[31:01] | Uh, she did not. | 她没有 |
[31:03] | President Dalton independently sought me out | 道尔顿总统因我在此领域的专长 |
[31:05] | for my expertise in the field. | 单独找了我 |
[31:07] | How many previous presidents had, uh, sought you out? | 之前有多少位总统找过你 |
[31:10] | I was a member of the faculty | 我是国家军事学院的教员 |
[31:11] | at the National War College, a qualification | 这个资质 |
[31:13] | that was sought out by previous administrations. | 正是前几届政府所需要的 |
[31:16] | But not you personally. | 但并不是指你个人 |
[31:18] | And your job as ethics advisor in your wife’s administration, | 你作为道德顾问在你妻子的管理下工作 |
[31:20] | was that, uh, was that based on merit? | 这是基于功绩吗 |
[31:23] | Congressman, if you’re going to slander my family, | 议员先生 如果你要诽谤我的家人 |
[31:26] | please have the courage to say what you mean. | 就请你有勇气直接表达出你的意思 |
[31:29] | You knew years ago your wife was going to run for president. | 你几年前就知道你的妻子要竞选总统 |
[31:32] | That is completely false. | 完全不是这样的 |
[31:33] | So to burnish her credentials, | 为了给她助力 |
[31:34] | you identified an unstable addict | 你找到一个精神不稳定的瘾君子 |
[31:37] | and manipulated him to put his life in danger | 操纵他 让他冒生命危险 |
[31:39] | to further your wife’s diplomatic agenda. | 来推进你妻子的外交议程 |
[31:41] | That’s pure fiction. | 真是胡编乱造 |
[31:42] | And after Russia captured him, | 在俄罗斯抓捕他之后 |
[31:44] | no doubt compelling him to reveal American secrets, | 毫无疑问 迫使他揭露美国的秘密 |
[31:46] | you had the wisdom to give this addict | 你很聪明的给了这个瘾君子 |
[31:49] | a classified job as a payoff. | 一份机密工作作为回报 |
[31:51] | Do you have evidence of any of these allegations? | 你这些指控有证据吗 |
[31:53] | Finally, to sweeten the deal, you set him up | 最后 为了使交易更有吸引力 |
[31:55] | with your own daughter. | 你把自己的女儿介绍给他 |
[31:56] | All so President McCord could have a man | 一切都是为了麦考德总统能够有一个人 |
[31:58] | on retainer who owed the McCords his life. | 效忠于她 这个人欠麦考德家一条命 |
[32:02] | And his sister’s life. | 还有他姐姐的命 |
[32:03] | And if ethical questions were raised about his retention, | 如果有人对他的留任提出道德问题 |
[32:06] | about anything your wife wanted to do, well, | 以及你的妻子想做的任何事 |
[32:08] | she had the White House ethics advisor to brush those aside. | 她就会让白宫道德顾问替她清除障碍 |
[32:11] | Congressman, if you were a freshman in my ethics class, | 议员先生 如果你是我伦理学课的新生 |
[32:15] | I would give you an “F.” | 我会给你不及格的 |
[32:16] | You have no logic… | 你毫无逻辑… |
[32:18] | – Really, Professor, because I think… – May I finish? | -拜托 教授 我认为… -让我说完 |
[32:21] | O-Or is-is that how this works? | 或者这里就是这样的 |
[32:23] | You get to make up whatever you want and I don’t get to answer? | 你想说什么就说什么 而我都不能回答 |
[32:27] | Please. | 请说 |
[32:29] | Most of us think of ethics as the rules of moral behavior. | 我们大多数人认为道德是道德行为的规则 |
[32:32] | You are what you do. | 你的行为体现你的本质 |
[32:33] | But I teach a more theological approach | 但是我教的是一种更偏向神学的方法 |
[32:35] | called virtue ethics. | 既美德伦理学 |
[32:37] | Virtue ethics says that who we are | 美德伦理学说我们是谁 |
[32:40] | is not determined by the actions we take, | 并不取决于我们的行动 |
[32:42] | but why we take them. | 而是我们采取行动的原因 |
[32:44] | So you can’t just spin out some wild theory based on | 所以你不能从我妻子的经历中挑选一些事 |
[32:46] | a few cherry-picked facts from my wife’s record. | 然后据此编造一些疯狂的理论 |
[32:49] | You have to consider her motives. | 你需要考虑她的动机 |
[32:51] | And if you look at Elizabeth McCord’s | 如果你看看伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[32:53] | decades-long record of service, | 几十年来的服务记录 |
[32:56] | you see a woman clearly motivated | 你可以清楚地看到一个 |
[32:58] | by Plato’s four key virtues: | 受柏拉图的四大美德所激励的女人 |
[33:00] | wisdom, courage, temperance and justice. | 智慧 勇气 节制 正义 |
[33:06] | I suggest you look into them. | 我建议您好好看看 |
[33:11] | I’m sure you believe | 我相信你认为 |
[33:12] | your wife is infallible, Dr. McCord, | 你的妻子是无懈可击的 麦考德博士 |
[33:15] | just as I believe you think your posts | 正如我相信你认为 |
[33:17] | in the Dalton and McCord administrations | 你在道尔顿和麦考德政府的职位 |
[33:19] | were based on merit. | 是基于功绩的 |
[33:21] | Just as you believe your destruction | 正如你相信 |
[33:22] | of a young man’s life | 为了满足你妻子的政治野心 |
[33:24] | to serve your wife’s political ambition | 而毁掉一个年轻人的生命 |
[33:25] | was somehow justified. | 是没问题的 |
[33:27] | And your delusion is part of the tragedy. | 你的错觉是造就悲剧的部分原因 |
[33:31] | Congressman Heeney. | 希尼议员 |
[33:35] | I, uh… | 我… |
[33:37] | I yield my time to the chairman. | 我的时间交由主席先生 |
[33:45] | All hail president McCord. | 欢迎麦考德总统 |
[33:47] | Mr. Volk. Welcome home. | 沃尔克先生 欢迎回家 |
[33:49] | It’s truly wonderful to be back. | 能回来真是太好了 |
[33:52] | I haven’t felt this liberated | 自我第一次离婚后 |
[33:53] | since my first divorce. | 从未感到如此自由 |
[33:56] | Please, just give us one damn news cycle. | 拜托 给我们来个新闻循环吧 |
[33:59] | News of McCord megadonor | 麦考德最大的捐助人 |
[34:00] | Eli Volk’s release from capture in Moscow | 伊莱·沃尔克在俄罗斯获释的消息 |
[34:03] | has unleashed a flurry of speculation. | 引发一阵猜测 |
[34:05] | Here with us to give his perspective | 参议院情报委员会的主席 |
[34:07] | is Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, | 要和我们谈谈他的想法 |
[34:09] | Senator Mark Hanson. Senator? | 马克·汉森参议员 参议员 |
[34:11] | Thank you, Tracy. You know, we always have to be skeptical | 谢谢 特蕾西 我们总是对这届政府 |
[34:13] | with this administration because they are… | 持怀疑态度 因为他们… |
[34:15] | they are truly skillful | 他们确实善于 |
[34:16] | at manipulating public opinion and the media. | 操控舆论和媒体 |
[34:19] | Says the guy manipulating the media. | 操纵媒体的人如是说 |
[34:20] | …the spectacle this afternoon. | …今天下午的奇观 |
[34:22] | One of the president’s biggest donors | 总统最大的资助人之一 |
[34:23] | literally bowing down to her like royalty | 今天早些时候在安德鲁斯空军基地 |
[34:26] | earlier today at Andrews Air Force Base. | 像皇室成员那样向她鞠躬 |
[34:28] | This country did overthrow a monarchy quite some time ago. | 这个国家很久以前就推翻了君主制 |
[34:31] | There has been some speculation that it’s possible | 有人猜测伊莱·沃尔克的 |
[34:34] | this entire story of Eli Volk | 整个事件可能是 |
[34:36] | being kidnapped by Iran could be another example of McCord’s | 被伊朗绑架这整件事可能会是麦考德擅长 |
[34:39] | brilliant media manipulation. | 操纵媒体的又一实例 |
[34:40] | Does this guy ever stop? | 这家伙能歇歇吗 |
[34:41] | Now, normally, I’m-I’m deeply skeptical | 通常情况下 我对这种谣言 |
[34:44] | of these sorts of rumors, | 深表怀疑 |
[34:45] | but you have to ask yourself, why would the president allow | 但你不得不问自己 为什么总统会允许 |
[34:48] | these so-called kidnappers to fly home to Tehran | 这些所谓的绑架犯从美国军事基地 |
[34:50] | from a U.S. armed military base | 飞回到德黑兰的家中 |
[34:52] | – without a single… – All right, that’s enough. | -却丝毫不加以… -行了 够了 |
[34:56] | I’m gonna need to make a stop. | 我要停一下 |
[34:58] | Thanks for calling. | 谢谢你打电话给我 |
[34:59] | I hope this isn’t too public. | 我希望这样做不会太公开 |
[35:00] | No, it’s fine. | 不 没事 |
[35:01] | Um, I kind of just decided to live my life, you know? | 我差不多决定要过自己的生活了 知道吗 |
[35:07] | I’m sorry that I had such a reaction | 很抱歉我对毒瘾的事 |
[35:09] | to the addiction thing. | 有那样的反应 |
[35:11] | Oh. No, I’m… | 不 我… |
[35:13] | I’m sorry you had to find out on national television. | 我很抱歉让你从全国电视上得知这事 |
[35:17] | I think mostly it threw me because, um… | 我觉得我会有这种反应主要是因为… |
[35:21] | Well, growing up with parents in intelligence, | 在父母均为情报人员的家庭长大 |
[35:25] | you kind of get used to there always being | 你就会有种思维定式 觉得 |
[35:28] | this other story behind what you’re told. | 别人说的话总会另有隐情 |
[35:31] | So, yeah. I just… I think I get sensitive | 所以 对 我就是觉得 |
[35:33] | about what the truth is, you know? | 我对真相很敏感 明白吗 |
[35:35] | I know. | 我明白 |
[35:36] | And if I can explain… | 如果你能听我解释 |
[35:38] | Yeah, like-like your time in Alaska. | 对 就像你在阿拉斯加那段时间 |
[35:39] | Um, you told me that you were alone. | 你告诉我你那时是单身 |
[35:42] | And, uh, I’m not proud of this, | 虽然这样做不太光彩 |
[35:44] | but I-I went through your social media, | 但我还是浏览了你的社交媒体 |
[35:46] | and I saw this one bartender lady | 然后看到这位酒保女士 |
[35:49] | loved all of your posts. | 给你所有帖子都点了赞 |
[35:50] | So none of my business, and I-I swear I don’t care… | 这不关我的事 而且我发誓我不在乎 |
[35:53] | – The thing you have to know is that… – No, it’s fine. | -你必须要知道的事 -不 没事 |
[35:54] | Just please don’t lie to me. | 只是请别对我撒谎 |
[35:56] | Okay? You had a girlfriend in Alaska. | 好吗 你在阿拉斯加有个女朋友 |
[35:58] | – It’s a totally normal thing. – She was not my girlfriend. | -这完全正常 -她不是我女朋友 |
[36:00] | She worked at this one bar in town, and… | 她当时在城里的酒吧工作 而且 |
[36:02] | No, I-I’m happy that you had someone. | 不 你当时有女朋友我很高兴 |
[36:04] | Really. It’s just… | 真的 只是… |
[36:06] | Please, don’t-don’t tell me that you were alone. | 拜托别告诉我你当时单身 |
[36:09] | No, but-but I was. | 不 但我当时是单身 |
[36:10] | I mean, yes, we were… | 我是说 没错 我们曾 |
[36:13] | we were together a few times, | 我们在一起过几次 |
[36:14] | – but it meant nothing. – Really? | -但那没有任何意义 -真的吗 |
[36:16] | Is that how Bitty would describe it? | 比蒂也会这么说吗 |
[36:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:23] | Look, she thought I was no fun, and she was right. | 她觉得我没意思 而且她说得对 |
[36:27] | – I had someone else on my mind. – That’s not the point. | -我心里有别人 -这不是重点 |
[36:29] | I-I should have been honest. | 我应该跟你说实话的 |
[36:33] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:37] | But I could mention you’re the one who had a boyfriend, | 但我本可以说你当时也有男朋友 |
[36:39] | and I-I didn’t say anything. | 而我什么都没说 |
[36:41] | Yeah, well, because… | 对 好吧 因为… |
[36:43] | I never tried to hide it. | 我从没试图隐瞒过这件事 |
[36:47] | Of course you didn’t say anything. | 你当然什么都没说 |
[36:48] | You’re like Jason Bourne. | 你就像杰森·伯恩[《谍影重重》主角] |
[36:50] | Just… | 只是 |
[36:51] | Oh, so now I have no feelings because I was a spy? | 所以因为我当过间谍我就没有任何感情吗 |
[36:57] | I don’t know. I think I’m just… | 我不知道 我觉得我只是在… |
[37:01] | …recalibrating. | 重新调整 |
[37:03] | Stevie, you know me better | 斯蒂芬 除了我姐姐 |
[37:04] | than anyone except my sister. | 你最了解我了 |
[37:05] | Do you think it was easy for me seeing pictures | 你觉得我看到你放下我开始新生活的 |
[37:07] | of you moving on without me? | 照片不会觉得难过吗 |
[37:09] | Please, don’t ever look at me like you don’t know me. | 拜托 别像陌生人似的看着我 |
[37:15] | Please. | 求你了 |
[37:21] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:25] | Since I came here, I lost my country. | 自从我来到这里 就失去了我的祖国 |
[37:29] | I lost my name. | 也失去了我的名字 |
[37:30] | But when I’m with you, I feel like I’m home. | 但只要和你在一起 我就感觉像回家了 |
[37:34] | And I don’t want to leave home again. | 而且我不想再次离开我的家 |
[37:47] | Ma’am, he’ll still be here tomorrow morning. | 总统 他明天早上也还在这里 |
[37:53] | Can we please stop and think about this? | 我们能先停下来考虑一下吗 |
[38:02] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[38:03] | A word? | 能聊聊吗 |
[38:10] | Saw you on the news. | 我在新闻上看到你了 |
[38:12] | Generally, my television appearances don’t bring | 通常我在电视上露个面不至于引起 |
[38:14] | a state visit to my home. | 国事访问 |
[38:16] | This isn’t a state visit. | 这不是国事访问 |
[38:18] | This is two Americans talking about the country we love. | 这是两个美国人谈论我们深爱的国家 |
[38:21] | And the country we were both elected to defend. | 而且是选民们选择我们去保护的国家 |
[38:24] | Oh. Well, at least privately | 好吧 至少在私下里 |
[38:25] | you’re willing to acknowledge that I was legitimately elected. | 你愿意承认我是合法当选的 |
[38:28] | I didn’t say legitimate. | 我没说是合法的 |
[38:29] | But come, let’s sit. | 但过来坐吧 |
[38:31] | About a week ago, you-you offered | 大约一周之前 你提出 |
[38:33] | to drop your attacks on me | 放弃对我的攻击 |
[38:36] | if I was willing to bend my office to your will. | 只要我愿意让我的办公室都听你的 |
[38:40] | That is hardly a fair representation of what | 这不算是公正地表达了我对 |
[38:42] | – I presented to your people. – Oh, Mark. | -你的人提出的要求 -马克 |
[38:43] | I don’t think you want to talk fair representation with me. | 我觉得你不会想跟我讨论公正表达 |
[38:47] | But my point is if you actually believe | 但我想说的是 如果你真的相信 |
[38:51] | those things you said on television today, | 你今天在电视上所说的那些事 |
[38:53] | that I staged a kidnapping | 是我导演了一场绑架来 |
[38:55] | to distract from some ongoing conspiracy | 让大家不再关注正在进行的 |
[38:58] | with a foreign enemy, | 与外敌勾结的阴谋 |
[39:00] | you’d have to be an utter hypocrite | 你一定是个彻底的伪君子 |
[39:02] | to be willing to overlook that | 想用对这件事视而不见来 |
[39:04] | in exchange for some political influence. | 换取一些政治影响力 |
[39:06] | We’ve already had this discussion | 我们已经谈过这个了 |
[39:08] | when you called me… What was it? | 当时你叫我什么来着 |
[39:09] | “A cheap shakedown artist.” | “卑鄙的敲诈行家” |
[39:12] | That was before you dragged my family into it. | 那是你把我家人扯进来之前 |
[39:14] | Now it’s personal. | 现在这是私事了 |
[39:15] | I’m not responsible for the questioning | 众议院质询提出的问题 |
[39:16] | of the House inquiry. | 不是我的责任 |
[39:17] | The inquiry that started with your report. | 是你的报告导致了这次质询 |
[39:20] | You are directly responsible for this. | 你对此负直接责任 |
[39:25] | What I can’t understand is why. | 我不明白的是为什么 |
[39:28] | You can’t actually believe | 你不可能真的相信 |
[39:31] | that I would arrange relationship | 我会安排我女儿与 |
[39:33] | between my daughter and a Russian spy when the election… | 俄罗斯间谍的关系 当时选举正… |
[39:39] | Why don’t we discuss this in an more official capacity? | 我们为何不用更官方的身份讨论这个 |
[39:42] | Because it doesn’t feel official what you are doing with me, Mark. | 因为你对我所做的事感觉并不官方 马克 |
[39:45] | You’re obsessed with destroying me | 你执迷于毁灭我 |
[39:48] | and you are willing to take down the whole country to do it. | 而且你不惜拖垮整个国家来达到目的 |
[39:51] | You’ve got it completely wrong. | 你完全错了 |
[39:52] | I am… I’m trying to save this country. | 我是… 我在尽力拯救这个国家 |
[39:57] | From what? | 以免怎样 |
[39:58] | From a falsely elected woman | 避免让一位乘着前任的顺风车 |
[39:59] | who rode in on the coattails of her predecessor | 错误当选的女性 |
[40:01] | and manipulated foreign influence to hoodwink | 操纵外国势力来欺骗 |
[40:04] | the American people. | 美国人 |
[40:06] | You are a travesty | 你的当选是歪曲民意的 |
[40:08] | and an aberration, | 反常现象 |
[40:10] | and when you are finally gone | 当你最终离任时 |
[40:12] | and a real leader takes your place, this country will | 会有一位真正的领导人取代你的位置 |
[40:14] | shine out again | 这个国家将重放光芒 |
[40:16] | like the beacon of hope | 就像希望的灯塔 |
[40:17] | she’s always been. | 一如既往 |
[40:31] | We don’t come in here enough. | 我们很少来这里 |
[40:34] | Well, it’s too intimidating. | 这里太令人敬畏了 |
[40:37] | Now it’s depressing. | 现在是令人沮丧 |
[40:40] | I went to Hanson’s house. | 我去了汉森家 |
[40:42] | Nice house, by the way. | 顺带一说 房子不错 |
[40:47] | He called me a “falsely elected woman.” | 他叫我”错误当选的女性” |
[40:52] | I think maybe the “woman” part is the thing that bothers him most. | 我觉得他最在意的可能是”女性”这部分 |
[40:57] | You know I never wanted to go there. | 你知道我从没想过要去他家 |
[41:00] | But he said something so striking. | 但他说了些很震撼的话 |
[41:04] | After I’m gone, | 在我离任之后 |
[41:06] | the country will go back to being the beacon of hope | 这个国家将重新成为希望的灯塔 |
[41:10] | she’salways been. | 她一直都是 |
[41:14] | Why can he call the country “she” | 为什么他可以用”她”来称呼国家 |
[41:19] | but not the president? | 却不可以用来称呼总统 |
[41:20] | I assume you’re not asking me | 我觉得你应该不是想问我 |
[41:22] | why English dropped most gendered nouns. | 为什么英语摒弃了大部分名词的性别 |
[41:26] | We did keep “she” for two of them. | 我们只为两个词保留了女性性别 |
[41:28] | – Ships and countries. – Yeah. | -船和国家 -是啊 |
[41:30] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[41:34] | Maybe because they both… | 也许因为她们都 |
[41:36] | carry us like mothers. | 像母亲一样承载着我们 |
[41:39] | And if they go down, we all go down with them. | 如果她们沉没了 我们就都跟着沉没了 |
[41:43] | For some people, | 对某些人来说 |
[41:44] | that kind of power is just too scary in a woman. | 女性身上蕴含的那种力量太可怕了 |
[41:45] | They can deal with it in the abstract, but… | 他们只能应对抽象存在的这种力量 |
[41:47] | not in a leader. | 而不是在领导人身上真实存在的 |
[41:51] | They’re never gonna make room for me, are they? | 他们永远不会给我腾出空间 对吗 |
[41:56] | Not all of them. | 不是所有人都这样 |
[41:58] | Not yet. | 至少现在不是 |
[42:00] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[42:03] | I think I want to testify before the House. | 我想在众议院作证 |
[42:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[42:10] | I doubt that’s what Russell’s gonna say. | 我觉得拉塞尔不会同意 |
[42:14] | You’re the president. | 你是总统 |
[42:16] | For now. | 目前还是 |
[42:19] | Do you really think it’ll be worth it? | 你真的觉得这样做值得 |
[42:21] | No. | 不 |
[42:23] | But I figure I may as well get my day in court. | 但我想也许我也应该上庭 |
[42:28] | Before the ship goes down. | 在那艘船沉没之前 |