时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | NSA reports easing of hostile chatter inside VAJA, | 国安局报告哇爪服务器的敌意网聊有所减少 |
[00:15] | so the Eli Volk incident is in the rearview for now, | 所以伊莱·沃尔克的事目前已经过去了 |
[00:19] | though noise continues over Reza Mousavi’s detention | 不过对于羁押雷扎·穆萨雷和持续的制裁 |
[00:22] | and ongoing sanctions. | 仍有很多议论 |
[00:24] | Finally, ma’am, DIA reports that a Chinese light frigate warship | 最后 国防情报局报告一艘中国轻型护卫舰 |
[00:27] | fired warning shots at a Russian-flagged oil tanker | 在南中国海向一艘挂俄国国旗的油轮 |
[00:30] | in the South China Sea, | 发射警告炮弹 |
[00:32] | forcing it to reroute away | 迫使其 |
[00:33] | from internationally recognized shipping lanes. | 从国际公认的航道上改道 |
[00:35] | As established by the Singapore Interchange you negotiated | 那是您不到四年前谈下来的新加坡交流中 |
[00:38] | less than four years ago, ma’am. | 所确定的 总统女士 |
[00:40] | But since Russia wasn’t part of the accord, they– | 但由于俄罗斯不是那个协议的缔约国 他们… |
[00:43] | Moscow has been working with Vietnam to exploit | 莫斯科一直与越南合作 |
[00:46] | disputed oil and natural gas rights. | 在石油天然气开采权有争议的区域进行开发 |
[00:49] | So Beijing seized on a-a political gray area | 因此北京抓住了一个政治上的灰色地带 |
[00:52] | to give the Heisman to Russia’s efforts? | 对俄罗斯的行为给予敲打 |
[00:54] | – Not exactly shocking. – True. | -这也不算意外 -的确 |
[00:55] | But recent surveillance photos show an alarming buildup | 但近期的侦察照片显示中国在一个岛上 |
[00:58] | of Chinese military personnel on one island in particular. | 进行令人担心的武装人员集结 |
[01:03] | Hainan Dao. | 海南岛 |
[01:04] | Well, even naming it breaks the spirit, | 给岛命名即使不是违背了合约的内容 |
[01:06] | if not the letter, of the treaty. | 也是破坏了合约的精神 |
[01:08] | Thank you. So, basically, | 谢谢 基本上来说 |
[01:11] | just another beautiful day in the neighborhood. | 左邻右舍还算正常了 |
[01:15] | Ellen, when was our last naval flyby near Hainan Dao? | 艾伦 美国海军最近一次驶过海南岛是什么时候 |
[01:19] | Couple of weeks ago. | 两周前 |
[01:20] | We usually go for one a month, keep them honest. | 我们一般一个月走一次 让他们不能瞒天过海 |
[01:24] | Let’s move the next one up. Soon as possible. | 我们把下一次的时间提前 越快越好 |
[01:26] | I don’t want Beijing getting comfortable | 我不想让北京可以随意 |
[01:28] | bullying other countries in international waters. | 在公海上欺负其他国家 |
[01:31] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 总统女士 |
[01:33] | Look, I… | 我 |
[01:36] | I know that the impeachment hearing is on everybody’s mind. | 我知道大家都想着弹劾听证会 |
[01:42] | I’ve been going about business as usual | 一直保持一切照旧的姿态 |
[01:45] | because I do truly believe | 因为我坚信 |
[01:48] | that it is best for U.S. interests here and abroad. | 这样对美国海内外的利益最好 |
[01:52] | Anybody disagrees or has any concerns, | 如果有人有不同看法 |
[01:56] | I’m all ears. | 我愿意倾听 |
[02:00] | Okay. Thank you, everyone. | 好吧 谢谢大家 |
[02:02] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢 总统女士 |
[02:09] | So… | 那么 |
[02:11] | House Judiciary just scheduled your appearance | 众议院司法委员会刚刚定好了 |
[02:13] | before the committee. | 您出席听证会的时间 |
[02:15] | Day after tomorrow. | 后天 |
[02:17] | – Good. – Not good. | -很好 -很不好 |
[02:18] | Bad. Apocalyptically bad. | 很糟 糟透了 |
[02:20] | Hanson’s out there whipping the press into a lather | 汉森煽动媒体 |
[02:23] | over you wagging the dog with Iran | 声讨你和伊朗一起混肴视听 |
[02:25] | and collusion and nepotism | 还有串通和搞裙带关系 |
[02:26] | and, I don’t know, sorcery and cannibalism. | 我不知还有什么 巫术和人吃人 |
[02:28] | Your numbers are eroding by the hour and you’re about | 您的支持率每况愈下 而您就要 |
[02:31] | – to step into the Star Chamber. – I know, Mike. | -踏上秘密法庭 -我知道 迈克 |
[02:33] | Then do something about it. You’re losing the public. | 那就做点什么吧 你在失去民众呢 |
[02:36] | Use the bully pulpit | 利用你的位置畅所欲言吧 |
[02:37] | to bully the crap out of them. | 好好敲打敲打他们 |
[02:39] | Congress has the right to investigate. | 国会有权进行调查 |
[02:41] | Not to defame. Not to lie. Not to attack… | 但不能污蔑 撒谎 攻击… |
[02:43] | You show me where in the Constitution it says they don’t. | 你告诉我宪法哪里写着他们不能了 |
[02:45] | I am not going to attack Congress, | 不管我多么鄙视汉森和坎宁的手段 |
[02:48] | no matter how much I deplore Hanson | 我都不会去 |
[02:50] | and Canning’s tactics. | 攻击国会 |
[02:54] | – How’s the whip count? – Not good. | -党鞭投票统计的情况如何 -不好 |
[02:55] | If the House voted today, they’d have impeachment by two votes. | 如果众议院今天投票 弹劾会以两票优势通过 |
[02:58] | And the Senate will convict, making you the first president | 而参议院会宣判有罪 使得你成为 |
[03:02] | to be removed from office. | 第一位被罢免的总统 |
[03:04] | Hell, even Congressman Weenie is sitting this one out. | 就连稀泥众议员都会袖手旁观 |
[03:07] | Yeah, what about Heeney? | 对啊 希尼是什么情况 |
[03:08] | You know? We ever figure out why he’s being so timid? | 我们搞清楚他为什么这么软了吗 |
[03:11] | He’s quoted in the Chronicle piece saying he’s simply | 《华盛顿纪实》的一篇文章引述他的话说他只是 |
[03:13] | “Acceding to the chairman and his Article One duty.” | “履行主席和宪法第一条赋予的职责” |
[03:16] | Which makes me think | 使得我觉得 |
[03:17] | Canning or Hanson or one of their stooges | 坎宁或者汉森或者他们的爪牙 |
[03:21] | has something on the good congressman. | 抓住了他的什么把柄 |
[03:23] | I could get into it. | 我可以去查查 |
[03:25] | Russell, what’s next? | 拉塞尔 接下来有什么安排 |
[03:26] | Uh, NEC roundtable in the Roosevelt Room. | 在罗斯福厅的与国家经济委员会的圆桌会议 |
[03:30] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:40] | There’s leftover tempeh tacos. | 还有些剩的豆豉玉米饼 |
[03:42] | Well, they’re not really tacos. They’re… | 它们其实不是真的玉米饼 而是… |
[03:44] | uh, just these shell-like things and… | 做出来的什么东西… |
[03:47] | Gee, when you put it like that… | 让你说得… |
[03:49] | You want to come up? | 你要上楼吗 |
[03:50] | No. Kind of want to stay here | 不 趁我还能坐在这的时候 |
[03:52] | while I still can. | 有点想待在这 |
[03:55] | You want company? | 想要我陪陪你吗 |
[03:57] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[04:01] | I know that this is hard on you, too. | 我知道这事对你也挺痛苦 |
[04:05] | Well, only when I see them go after you. | 只有我看见他们对你穷追猛打时 |
[04:08] | Politics ain’t beanbag. | 政治可不是过家家 |
[04:09] | Yeah, but it ain’t supposed to be The Hunger Games, either. | 可也不应该是《饥饿游戏》吧 |
[04:14] | Go home, Blake! | 回家吧 布莱克 |
[04:17] | Not while you’re still here, ma’am! | 您在我就不能走 总统女士 |
[04:20] | I am still here, aren’t I? | 我是还在 对吧 |
[04:22] | Yeah, it would seem so. | 好像是吧 |
[04:24] | You know, I once read that you can effect more change | 我以前看过个说法 你在总统任上一天 |
[04:27] | in a day as president than you can | 所能带来的改变 |
[04:29] | for the rest of your life after you leave office. | 要比你卸任以后的后半辈子还要多 |
[04:31] | I believe that. | 这我相信 |
[04:33] | So, let’s make a bucket list. | 那我们做个心愿单吧 |
[04:35] | E-Everything that we want to do… | 所有在我们离开这里之前 |
[04:39] | before we leave here. | 想要做的事 |
[04:42] | Okay– oh, oh. I’ve always wanted to… | 我一直都想… |
[04:45] | sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom. | 去林肯卧室睡觉 |
[04:47] | – Does that count? – Okay, yeah. | -这个算吗 -算 |
[04:49] | – Yeah. – Not that it’s gonna effect any change… | -算 -这倒不是能带来什么改变… |
[04:51] | It will for us. | 对我们有啊 |
[04:53] | Tonight. | 今晚 |
[04:55] | I have always wanted to answer calls | 我一直都想去白宫电话总机 |
[04:59] | at the White House switchboard. | 去接电话 |
[05:02] | There’s a switchboard? | 还有个总机吗 |
[05:03] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[05:04] | Where the calls come in. I want to take calls. | 电话带进来的时候 我想去接电话 |
[05:07] | Gun control? Can– I mean, is that too big? | 枪支控制 这… 会不会太大了 |
[05:10] | No. Are you kidding? It’s our list. | 不会 开什么玩笑 这是我们的清单 |
[05:12] | We can do whatever we want. | 我们想做什么都行 |
[05:14] | – What else? – Hi. | -还有什么 -好啊 |
[05:17] | Blake told me you guys were in here. | 布莱克说你们在这 |
[05:19] | I hope I’m not interrupting anything. | 希望我没打扰你们 |
[05:20] | No, no, it’s… | 没有 |
[05:23] | – You okay, sweetie? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 宝贝 -嗯 |
[05:25] | – Yeah? – Uh, yeah. | -是吗 -嗯 |
[05:26] | I’m pretty great, actually. | 我还真挺好的 |
[05:28] | Sorry. With everything going on, I know that’s not really… | 抱歉 出了这些事 我知道这么说… |
[05:30] | Oh, come on. | 行了 |
[05:32] | Listen, we could use a little “Pretty great.” | 我们欢迎有点”真挺好的”事 |
[05:36] | What do you got? | 你有什么好消息 |
[05:37] | Okay, um, so it was kind of a bumpy start. | 好吧 虽说开始有点不太顺 |
[05:40] | But things with Dmitri are, like, really wonderful. | 可我和迪米特里现在非常好 |
[05:45] | I’m not sure if I’ve ever been happier. | 我觉得从没有这么幸福 |
[05:48] | – You deserve it. – Well, that’s a nice piece… | -你当之无愧 -这消息… |
[05:49] | – Thanks. – …of pretty great right there. | -谢谢 -真的是挺不错的 |
[05:51] | Yeah, we’re, like, making plans– | 我们在做计划… |
[05:53] | playfully– but, you know, | 当然 闹着玩的那种 |
[05:54] | what are we gonna be doing in a few years, like, ten years, | 几年后 比如十年后 我们会干什么啊 |
[05:57] | and where we want to live | 我们想住在哪啊 |
[05:59] | and how many kids and… | 我们要多少小孩啊 还有… |
[06:00] | Where and how many? | 住哪 几个孩子 |
[06:03] | – Keep going. – Okay. | -继续说 -好 |
[06:04] | But it’s just that… | 不过就是… |
[06:06] | we-we know that we want to be together. | 我们确定我们想要在一起 |
[06:08] | It’s just, I’m-I’m worried. | 就是 我担心 |
[06:10] | I think he might be afraid to take it | 我觉得他可能不敢 |
[06:13] | to the next level, like, to propose. | 再把关系推进一步 比如求婚 |
[06:15] | Just, everything that happened, like, in my testimony. | 可出了那些个事 我的作证啊什么的 |
[06:18] | I just feel like there’s a moment for these things, | 我觉得可以有这样的一个时刻 |
[06:19] | and I-I really, I don’t want us to miss our moment. | 我真的不想让我们错过最佳的时机 |
[06:22] | So, I am gonna propose to him. | 所以 我要向他求婚 |
[06:28] | – Oh! – Oh, my God! | -喔 -我的天 |
[06:29] | Is that crazy? | 这是不是挺疯狂的 |
[06:30] | No, it’s not crazy. Stevie. | 一点都不疯狂 斯蒂芬 |
[06:32] | Look at where we are! | 看看我们是在哪 |
[06:33] | Yeah, girl power central here. | 是啊 这里是女性主导啊 |
[06:35] | But if it’s gonna mess up your lives– | 可如果这会把你们的生活搅乱… |
[06:37] | This is what I wanted to talk to you about. I don’t want to… | 这是我想和你们谈的 我不想… |
[06:39] | Stevie, listen, don’t ever postpone your life | 斯蒂芬 千万不要因为一些政治噪音之类的 |
[06:42] | – over political noise or anything else. – Yeah. Hear, hear. | -影响你的生活 -没错 |
[06:44] | – Got it. – Now-now, c-come on. Tell us the details. | -明白了 -来 跟我们说说细节吧 |
[06:47] | – How you gonna do it? – Oh… Come on. Just… | -你打算怎么做 -行了 别… |
[06:48] | No, no. She’s right. W-We won’t… ask. | 对 她说得对 我们不问了 |
[06:50] | – B-But how and when? – But– yeah. | -不过怎么做 什么时候呢 -对对 |
[06:52] | Okay, you guys are talking so loudly, | 你们说话这么大声 |
[06:53] | and I– can I just hear this part, please? | 我能听听吗 |
[06:55] | Yes. Okay. | 行 是这样 |
[06:56] | Um, so the day after tomorrow– | 后天呢… |
[06:58] | Uh, you guys know that Chinese restaurant, Hong Kong Garden? | 你们知道那家中餐馆吧 港苑餐厅 |
[07:01] | Oh, the one in Dupont Circle, or the other one? | 杜邦环岛那家还是另外的那个 |
[07:02] | Dupont, yeah. Um, so they have, like, these, uh, | 杜邦那家 他们有那种 |
[07:05] | personalized, um, fortune cookies. | 定制的幸运饼干 |
[07:07] | So I’m going to have them plant the proposal | 我准备让他们把求婚的话 |
[07:11] | in the fortune cookie. | 放到幸运饼干里 |
[07:13] | – That’s genius. – That’s great. | -太有才了 -很棒啊 |
[07:15] | Just proofread it before they stick it in the cookie. | 他们放进去之前一定要检查一下内容 |
[07:18] | Yeah, good call there, Elibet. | 真是好主意 伊丽贝 |
[07:21] | That’s a reference to a skywriting proposal. | 因为有个用飞机在天上画字求婚的事 |
[07:24] | See, this is why they have assistants. | 所以大家才需要助理啊 |
[07:25] | Hey, why don’t you, um, bring Dmitri over here after | 不如晚餐后把迪米特里带来这里 |
[07:28] | and we can have a champagne toast? | 我们一起喝杯香槟 |
[07:30] | Yeah. I will. Thanks. | 我会带他来的 谢谢 |
[07:33] | Aw. I’m so excited. | 天哪 我好激动 |
[07:35] | Oh, we’re so excited for you. | 我们也为你激动 |
[07:37] | – And grandkids. – Just… | -外孙可以考虑起来了 -别 |
[07:39] | – Just give her… – She brought it up. | -给她留点… -是她自己提起的 |
[07:41] | Slow down, Mom. | 慢慢来 妈 |
[07:42] | Well, you’re the one | 是你提起 |
[07:43] | – who brought it up. – She’s not even married yet. | -这件事的 -她婚都还没结呢 |
[07:44] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[07:46] | Speaking of up. That’s where I’m going. | 说到起来 我要上楼去了 |
[07:49] | Come on. Go home, Blake. | 回去吧 回家去 布莱克 |
[07:51] | Okay. Uh, congratulation– um… | 好的 恭喜 |
[07:54] | Almost congratulations, Dr. McCord, Madam President. | 提前恭喜 麦考德博士 总统女士 |
[07:59] | Stevie’s wedding. | 斯蒂芬的婚礼 |
[08:01] | Lincoln Bedroom. | 林肯卧室 |
[08:06] | Let’s push the DPC meeting. | 催一下国内政策委员会召开会议 |
[08:09] | No point improving the aqueducts while Rome burns. | 罗马都烧了再来修缮水利有什么用 |
[08:12] | Ha! Good morning. | 早上好 |
[08:14] | Hey. Rome burning again? | 罗马又被烧了吗 |
[08:16] | I’m sorry, am… I late? | 抱歉 我 我是来晚了吗 |
[08:18] | Nope. No, I’m just… | 不 你没有晚 我只是 |
[08:21] | Carpe diem, you know? | 及时行乐 你懂吗 |
[08:22] | Which, as Henry pointed out, | 亨利告诉我 这句话 |
[08:25] | is part of a longer phrase. | 只是原句的一部分 |
[08:27] | Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero. | 把握今朝 勿信明日 |
[08:30] | It means, | 意思是 |
[08:32] | “Seize the day, | “活在当下 |
[08:32] | put very little trust in tomorrow,” which… | 尽量不要相信明天” 这句话 |
[08:35] | You can see how that might speak to me. | 现在用在我身上正合适 |
[08:37] | – I think it’s beautiful. – Right? | -这句话好美 -是吧 |
[08:39] | So I made a to-do list for today. | 所以我列了一份今天的待办事项清单 |
[08:44] | – South China Sea. – What about it? | -南中国海 -打算怎么办 |
[08:47] | Fix it. | 搞定它 |
[08:48] | After the dustup between China and Russia, | 中国和俄罗斯发生了争执 |
[08:50] | why not revisit the Singapore Interchange? | 为什么不趁此机会重申一下新加坡协定 |
[08:53] | We can address all outstanding issues | 我们可以解决所有未决事项 |
[08:55] | and finally bring peace and stability to the region. | 最终实现这一地区的和平稳定 |
[08:58] | – Is that all? – Ha! No. | -就这项吗 -不 |
[09:00] | That is very… | 这很… |
[09:01] | Do you really want to take on | 你真的要在 |
[09:02] | one of the most intractable problems in the world | 这种自顾不暇的时候 |
[09:05] | while your head is on the chopping block? | 去碰世界上最棘手的问题之一吗 |
[09:08] | Yep. Have Susan get into it with Chen and Avdonin. | 没错 让苏珊联系陈部长和阿多宁 |
[09:11] | And then I want to get serious about carbon reduction. | 下一项 真正推进减少碳排放 |
[09:14] | And expanding health care rolls. | 还有扩大医疗福利覆盖率 |
[09:17] | – Okay. – And– ah, ugh– gun control. | -好的 -还有 还有枪支管控 |
[09:20] | Why not just do world peace while you’re at it? | 不如趁你还在位 直接实现世界和平吧 |
[09:23] | That’s the spirit. What the hell? Write that down. | 要有干劲 去他的 把这条也写下来 |
[09:26] | World peace. Got it. | 世界和平 写了 |
[09:27] | You do… | 你 |
[09:28] | you do realize you need Congress at your back, | 你应该知道 不管做什么 |
[09:31] | not actively trying to bury you, | 你需要的都是国会的支持 |
[09:34] | in order to get anything done. | 而不是刺激他们让他们恨不得把你埋了 |
[09:35] | Russell, if I hunker down, | 拉塞尔 如果我一再退让 |
[09:37] | aren’t I just burying myself? | 难道不是在自掘坟墓吗 |
[09:39] | All due respect, y-you did pass | 恕我直言 您确实促成了 |
[09:41] | – ESI and-and… – Yes! | -《教育科学和基础设施法案》以及 -是 |
[09:42] | – …the VA Mental Health Modernization Act… – Yes. | -《退伍军人心理健康现代化法案》 -没错 |
[09:46] | …the free trade agreement with South Korea. | 还有与韩国的自由贸易协议 |
[09:48] | It’s true. So, I want to push forward | 没错 所以 他们越是想要阻止我 |
[09:51] | while they try to stop me. | 我就越是要大力推进 |
[09:53] | Good morning, Madam President. | 早上好 总统女士 |
[09:54] | Carpe diem, Blake. | 及时行乐 布莱克 |
[09:56] | Quam minimum credula postero. | 勿信明日 |
[09:59] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 总统女士 |
[10:15] | Dr. McCord, Dmitri Petrov is a little early | 麦考德博士 您三点约了迪米特里·派特洛夫 |
[10:18] | for your 3:00. | 他提前到了一会 |
[10:18] | Oh, uh, thanks. Great. Send him in. | 谢谢 带他进来吧 |
[10:21] | Right this way, Mr. Petrov. | 这边请 派特洛夫先生 |
[10:23] | Hey, there he is. Wow, looking sharp. | 瞧瞧这是谁 穿得这么帅 |
[10:25] | Hey. Thanks for making the time. | 谢谢您抽空见我 |
[10:27] | Oh, of course. Any time. | 随时欢迎你 |
[10:28] | I’ve got a lot of ideas for you. | 我有很多话要跟你说 |
[10:30] | Well, I hope you didn’t spend too much time | 希望您没有花太多时间 |
[10:32] | thinking about my future prospects | 为我考虑未来发展 |
[10:33] | because that was a ruse. | 因为这一切都不过是假象 |
[10:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:36] | Forgive me, I’m a little nervous. | 抱歉 我有点紧张 |
[10:37] | You know Stevie and I have been back together | 您也知道 我和斯蒂芬复合 |
[10:39] | for a while now. | 有一段时间了 |
[10:40] | I do. I think it’s great. | 我知道 这很不错 |
[10:41] | I’m very relieved to hear that. | 听到您这么说我就放心了 |
[10:42] | Because, with your permission… | 因为 我想 如果您同意 |
[10:46] | I want to ask Stephanie to marry me. | 向斯蒂芬妮求婚 |
[10:48] | Oh, my God! | 我的天哪 |
[10:52] | Wow. Yes, yeah, uh, yes. | 我天 同意 我当然同意 |
[10:55] | But you don’t have to ask me. | 但是你不必征得我的同意 |
[10:57] | Oh, I should ask the president, too? | 我还应该问一下总统吗 |
[10:58] | No, no, I just mean… well, neither of us. | 不不 我的意思是 你不必问我们俩 |
[11:01] | Stevie’s an adult, uh, | 斯蒂芬是成年人 |
[11:03] | but I appreciate the sentiment, given our past. | 但是鉴于我们过去的关系 我很感谢你征求意见 |
[11:06] | Yeah, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:07] | I wasn’t sure with the whole investigation | 我之前担心问讯的事 |
[11:08] | if maybe you’d want me to wait | 不知道您是否希望我再等等 |
[11:10] | or just disappear altogether. | 或者根本不想再见到我 |
[11:12] | Nonsense, life goes on despite politics. | 怎么会 生活不会受政治的影响 |
[11:15] | Although I can’t make any guarantees about Stevie. | 不过我可不敢保证斯蒂芬也能做到这一点 |
[11:18] | Oh, of course not. | 当然 我理解 |
[11:19] | That’s on me. | 这个我会处理好的 |
[11:20] | So, if you don’t mind me asking, | 你介不介意告诉我 |
[11:22] | when were you gonna pop the question? | 你打算什么时候求婚 |
[11:23] | Tomorrow night. | 明天晚上 |
[11:25] | Yeah, we’re going out for Chinese food, and then… | 我们约了明天去吃中餐 |
[11:26] | Uh-huh. …after that, I booked | 晚餐之后我预定了 |
[11:28] | a private cruise on the Potomac. | 波拖马可河私人夜航 |
[11:29] | – So, after dinner? – Yeah. | -所以是晚餐之后 -是的 |
[11:32] | Yeah, she has no idea. | 她完全不知情 |
[11:33] | You’re secret’s safe with me. | 放心 我会保密的 |
[11:37] | But I don’t understand | 我不明白 |
[11:38] | why I have to take time out of my schedule | 为什么我要花时间 |
[11:40] | to practice telling the truth. | 练习讲真话 |
[11:42] | Because I’m gonna be the counsel of record at your side. | 因为我会坐在你旁边做法庭记录 |
[11:44] | You only get one chance not to screw up your testimony | 你只有这一次机会作证 不要搞砸 |
[11:46] | and making me look bad. | 别让我难堪 |
[11:47] | Okay, okay. | 行 行 |
[11:48] | Where are we on the list? | 待办事项办得怎么样了 |
[11:49] | The EPA is putting together a package | 环境保护局正在起草一份 |
[11:51] | of new carbon-reducing measures | 新的减少碳排放的措施 |
[11:52] | to present to Congress. | 准备呈报国会审议 |
[11:54] | Good, sounds like a good start. | 不错 开头挺好的 |
[11:55] | Yeah, what’s next? | 下一项是什么 |
[11:56] | I will have drafts by end of the day of a bill | 今天下班前就会有一份两份草案 |
[11:58] | to ban assault weapons and an executive order | 一份是禁止攻击性武器的法案 另一份 |
[12:01] | directing NIH to research gun violence | 是请国家信息研究所针对枪支暴力 |
[12:04] | as a public health crisis. | 是一种公共卫生危机展开调研的行政令 |
[12:05] | – Excellent. – Oh, crap! | -棒 -糟了 |
[12:06] | – What? – My cavity-search | -怎么了 -我对希尼议员做了摸底调查 |
[12:07] | of Congressman Heeney’s entire life turned up bupkis. | 但是什么也没查到 |
[12:10] | I mean, detention in the third grade for fighting, | 因三级斗殴被拘禁 |
[12:12] | but he was defending some poor dweeb | 但是他动手是为了保护一个 |
[12:14] | who was jumped by a gang of fifth-graders. | 被一帮五年级学生当人形鞍马欺负的白痴 |
[12:16] | Damn yinzer’s a saint like his father before him. | 不妙 这个匹兹堡人是个跟他爸一样的圣母 |
[12:18] | Wait, Heeney is from Pittsburg? | 等等 希尼是匹兹堡人 |
[12:20] | Yeah. He and his dad have been | 是啊 他和他爸 |
[12:21] | clinging to that seat so long, | 当了这么多年的匹兹堡议员 |
[12:22] | Pittsburgh’s gonna name a barnacle after them. | 匹兹堡打算用他们的名字命名一种藤壶 |
[12:24] | What? Is that good? | 怎么了 好事吗 |
[12:26] | Could be. | 有可能 |
[12:28] | Hey, handsome. | 帅哥 |
[12:30] | You going for a world record? | 你是要打破世界记录吗 |
[12:32] | I have 11 seconds left. | 还剩十一秒 |
[12:34] | Hey, listen, I got your text… | 我收到的短信了 |
[12:35] | and I am dying to hear all about the Dmitri thing, | 你得一五一十把迪米特里的事都告诉我 |
[12:39] | but did you know… | 但是在这之前 你知道 |
[12:42] | that Congressman Heeney is from Pittsburgh? | 希尼议员来自匹兹堡吗 |
[12:44] | Yes, I-I-I knew his old man a little bit | 知道啊 我小时候 |
[12:47] | when I was a kid. | 算是认识他父亲 |
[12:48] | How did I not know that? | 这事我怎么不知道 |
[12:50] | I didn’t know him that well. | 我和他不是很熟 |
[12:51] | I certainly didn’t know Junior. | 儿子我就完全不认识了 |
[12:52] | Back in the day, my dad organized his chapter | 当时我爸组织他的人手为老希尼 |
[12:54] | to phone bank and door-knock for Heeney Sr. | 做过电话和上门拉票 |
[12:57] | Well, how do you feel about exploiting | 你介不介意利用一下 |
[12:58] | that paternal connection | 你们父亲之间的这层关系 |
[13:00] | to suss out Heeney Jr.’s acquiescence to Canning? | 找出为什么希尼对坎宁一再忍让 |
[13:04] | Thought you didn’t want to play politics. | 我以为你不喜欢拉关系 |
[13:05] | Well, I don’t. | 我确实不喜欢 |
[13:07] | But I also don’t want to go whistling to the guillotine. | 但我也不想对着断头台吹口哨 |
[13:11] | That’s Mike’s metaphor. | 这是麦克的比喻 |
[13:12] | Uh, listen, I’d be happy to reach out to the congressman. | 我当然愿意去接触一下这位议员 |
[13:14] | We can reminisce about– I don’t know– | 可以追忆一下 |
[13:16] | our dads and when he used to support you. | 我们父亲的关系 还有他曾经支持过你 |
[13:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:20] | So, what about Dmitri’s French farce?! | 迪米特里的乌龙是怎么回事 |
[13:23] | So I completely forgot | 我完全忘了 |
[13:26] | we had this meeting on the books. | 之前跟他约了见面 |
[13:27] | Is he really gonna propose tomorrow night, really?! | 他真的打算明天晚上求婚吗 真的假的 |
[13:29] | After the dinner | 在晚餐之后 |
[13:30] | when Stevie is proposing to him. | 正好跟斯蒂芬的求婚计划撞上了 |
[13:32] | He even mentioned going out for Chinese food. | 他甚至跟我说了他们要去中餐馆吃饭的事 |
[13:34] | Should we warn her? I mean, just in case | 我们要告诉她吗 万一 |
[13:35] | she wants to give him a chance to propose first? | 她希望把这个求婚的机会让给他呢 |
[13:39] | Betray the confidence of our future son-in-law | 在他俩还没订婚之前 |
[13:42] | before they’re even engaged? | 就背叛我们未来女婿的信任吗 |
[13:43] | Oh, very good point. | 说得很对 |
[13:46] | Truman Balcony tonight. | 今晚杜鲁门阳台见 |
[13:55] | Congressman Heeney is here, sir. | 希尼议员来了 先生 |
[13:56] | Oh, great. Thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[13:57] | – Good morning, Dr. McCord. – Hi. | -早 麦考德博士 -你好 |
[13:59] | It’s not every day I get invited to the White House. | 不是每天都会被邀请到白宫 |
[14:01] | Ah, well, welcome. | 欢迎 |
[14:02] | I still can’t believe that I live here. | 我还是无法相信我住在这里 |
[14:05] | Yeah. Please, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[14:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:08] | Uh, your dad was a union organizer, I believe. | 我记得你父亲曾是个工会组织者 |
[14:10] | – I think you knew my old man? – Yeah. | -你认识我的父亲吗 -对 |
[14:12] | In fact… I remember your dad being at my house | 事实上 我记得你父亲在 |
[14:15] | on more than a few rye-soaked evenings and them getting | 好多个黑麦威士忌之夜来我家 |
[14:19] | into it over negotiations with USW and steelmakers. | 然后他们磋商工会和钢铁工人的事 |
[14:22] | Even when they agreed, it sounded like fighting. | 即使他们意见相同时也像是在吵架 |
[14:24] | “If you work hard, | “如果你努力工作 |
[14:26] | “You should be able to earn a decent wage. | 你应该能挣到很高的工资 |
[14:27] | Make a good life for your family.” | 为你的家庭争取好的生活” |
[14:29] | Our old men were in the fight every day. | 我们的父亲们每天都在吵 |
[14:31] | And here we are. | 现在我们在这里 |
[14:33] | – Yeah. – Different time. But still in it. | -对 -时过境迁 但还是争来争去 |
[14:36] | So, I understand your camp was, uh, disappointed | 我知道你们的阵营有些失望 |
[14:39] | I didn’t run interference for you | 在听证会上我没有为了你 |
[14:41] | and your daughter at the hearings. | 或是你的女儿进行什么干预 |
[14:42] | Well, we weren’t looking for interference– we were just | 我们没想要什么干预 我们只是 |
[14:44] | hoping you would speak up when Chairman Canning | 希望你能在坎宁主席 |
[14:45] | made unsubstantiated charges. | 做出未经证实的指控时为我们说两句 |
[14:48] | Well, the committee has to investigate before we can | 委员会得在我们决定什么是 |
[14:50] | determine what was unsubstantiated and what wasn’t. | 未经证实的之前进行调查 |
[14:52] | I appreciate that. | 我理解 |
[14:53] | But Canning is making baseless accusations | 不过坎宁是在通过影射和 |
[14:56] | through innuendo and conjecture. | 揣测来做出无端的指控 |
[14:58] | And trying to manipulate public opinion | 并且试图操纵舆论来 |
[15:00] | to exact a political price before the investigations | 在调查结果出来之前带来 |
[15:03] | turned anything up. I-I was just surprised that | 政治代价 我很惊讶 |
[15:06] | someone with your background would let that happen. | 像你有这样背景的人竟然会默许这样的事 |
[15:09] | I’m sorry you feel that way. | 抱歉让你有这种感觉 |
[15:11] | But one yinzer to another, | 不过作为老乡我要告诉你 |
[15:13] | my dad also taught me that political survival | 我父亲还教过我政治生存 |
[15:16] | is about relevance. | 最重要的就是中庸 |
[15:18] | Sometimes it doesn’t make any sense | 有时候把自己扔到一辆无法停下的 |
[15:19] | to throw yourself in front of a train you can’t stop. | 火车前没有任何意义 |
[15:22] | So, letting Canning steamroll the administration | 那让坎宁碾压美国政府 |
[15:25] | and the truth is about political expediency | 还有真相就是政治上的权宜之计 |
[15:27] | and self-preservation? | 和明哲保身吗 |
[15:30] | I didn’t come here for a lecture. | 我来这不是为了听说教的 |
[15:32] | Administrations come and they go. | 美国政府来来去去 |
[15:34] | My dad and I have been protecting workers’ rights | 我和我父亲在匹兹堡 |
[15:36] | in Pittsburgh for 60 years. | 保护工人权益有60年之久 |
[15:38] | And I intend to continue doing so | 而我想要在下一任政府 |
[15:39] | when the next administration takes over. | 接管的时候继续下去 |
[15:42] | And the one after that. | 还有再下一任 |
[15:44] | “He who ignores public injustice | “任何无视社会不公平的人 |
[15:47] | welcomes it into his house.” | 都是在引火烧身” |
[15:48] | You can quote scripture all you want. | 你可以尽情地引经据典 |
[15:50] | I have to be practical. | 我不得不现实一点 |
[15:51] | That’s not scripture, Congressman. | 那并不是什么经典 议员先生 |
[15:54] | It’s your father. | 是你父亲说的 |
[16:14] | Democracy works only | 民主只有在政府能够负责任时 |
[16:16] | when government is held accountable. | 才起作用 |
[16:18] | To that end, for the past two months | 为此 我的政府在过去的两个月中 |
[16:21] | my administration has promptly responded to | 及时地应对了 |
[16:24] | numerous document requests and interrogatories. | 不计其数的文件请求和书面质询 |
[16:28] | I have made my staff unconditionally available | 我让我的行政人员无条件地配合 |
[16:32] | for interviews with the Senate Intelligence Committee. | 与参议院情报委员会的面谈 |
[16:35] | My executive assistant did not oppose | 我的行政助理没有阻止 |
[16:38] | an FBI warrant served on his premises. | 联调局带着搜查令搜查他的房子 |
[16:42] | And both my own husband and my daughter | 并且我的丈夫和女儿 |
[16:44] | have appeared for extensive questioning | 在委员会接受了 |
[16:46] | before this committee. | 长时间的问询 |
[16:47] | And I now sit here, | 现在我坐在这 |
[16:49] | against the advice of counsel, | 违背律师的忠告 |
[16:52] | to answer questions | 来回答问题 |
[16:53] | in a proceeding whose sole aim | 在一个以把我赶出政治舞台 |
[16:55] | is to oust me from office. | 作为唯一目标的诉讼程序中 |
[16:57] | Instead of invoking executive privilege, | 我选择无条件配合 |
[17:00] | I have chosen to cooperate without limitation. | 而不是引用总统特权 |
[17:03] | And my hope is | 而我希望 |
[17:05] | that such cooperation will finally | 如此地配合可以最终 |
[17:07] | yield an end to this inquiry, | 结束这次调查 |
[17:09] | so we can get back to the business of governance– | 好让我们能继续政府职能 |
[17:12] | the reason the American people put us here. | 这也是美国人让我们在这里做的事 |
[17:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:17] | Then, uh, in service of your desire | 那么 总统女士 为了能够按照 |
[17:20] | for a swift resolution, Madam President, let us begin. | 你的希望快速解决 我们开始吧 |
[17:24] | Madam President, would you agree that | 总统女士 你是否同意 |
[17:26] | your senior staff ultimately answer to you? | 你的高级行政人员都是听你指挥 |
[17:29] | – Yes. – And you must also agree | -是 -那你肯定也同意 |
[17:31] | that you should be held accountable for their conduct. | 你应该为他们的行为负责 |
[17:33] | For actions taken at my direction, yes, of course. | 对于在我的管理下的行为 当然 |
[17:36] | Let’s start with your former press secretary, | 我们先来谈谈你的前新闻发言人 |
[17:37] | Daisy Grant. | 黛西·格兰特 |
[17:39] | Fired because she failed | 由于她未能披露 |
[17:40] | to disclose she was in possession of evidence | 她持有伊朗干预选举的证据 |
[17:42] | that Iran tampered with the election. | 而被开除 |
[17:44] | To be accurate, Ms. Grant resigned. | 准确来说 格兰特女士辞职了 |
[17:46] | But you would have fired her if she hadn’t, correct? | 但是即使她没有你也会开除她对吗 |
[17:48] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是 |
[17:50] | Because you were looking for a scapegoat for a decision | 因为你需要为了一个你知道 |
[17:52] | that you knew that you were responsible for. | 你需要负责的决定而找个替罪羊 |
[17:54] | No, Mr. Chairman. | 不是的 主席先生 |
[17:56] | Because Ms. Grant acted outside the scope of her employment, | 因为格兰特女士在她的职责之外 |
[18:00] | without consulting me | 没有得到我的许可 |
[18:02] | and in violation of her duties. | 并且违反了她的职责 |
[18:05] | Well, I think the evidence to date has shown | 我觉得现在的证据表明 |
[18:07] | that your staff was fiercely devoted to you. | 你的行政人员强烈地为你奉献 |
[18:09] | And they took no action that they thought | 他们不会做任何他们认为 |
[18:11] | you would’ve disapproved of. | 你会不同意的事 |
[18:12] | Is there a question here, Mr. Chairman? | 这是一个问题吗 主席先生 |
[18:15] | Yes, there is, Counselor. | 是的律师 这里有问题 |
[18:16] | Madam President, are you telling this committee | 总统女士 你是在告诉委员会 |
[18:19] | that Ms. Grant was a rogue actor? | 格兰特女士行为失当吗 |
[18:21] | – Yes. – Who wasn’t even acting | -是的 -她的行为 |
[18:23] | at your implied direction? | 不是因为受到了你的暗示吗 |
[18:24] | Asked and answered. Let’s move on, Mr. Chairman. | 问题已经回答了 下一个问题 主席先生 |
[18:28] | Then I’ll cut to the chase. | 那我就直奔主题了 |
[18:29] | For the record, did you act in concert with any member | 明确地讲 在总统选举过程中 |
[18:32] | of the Iranian government to undermine your opponent | 你是否与伊朗政府的任何成员 |
[18:34] | in the presidential election? | 合作来损害你的对手 |
[18:35] | No, I did not. | 不 我没有 |
[18:36] | Did you have any knowledge that Iran | 你知道伊朗 |
[18:38] | was interfering on your behalf | 在总统竞选期间 |
[18:40] | during the presidential campaign? | 为你而干扰竞选吗 |
[18:41] | No, I did not. | 不 我不知道 |
[18:43] | You are aware that your answers today | 你知道你今天的回答 |
[18:45] | are under penalty of perjury? | 是会被指控伪证罪吗 |
[18:46] | Yes, Mr. Chairman, I am. | 是的 我知道 主席先生 |
[18:48] | And your implication notwithstanding, I… | 尽管你如此暗示 我… |
[18:52] | I believe I have demonstrated | 我相信我已经证明了 |
[18:53] | how seriously I take these proceedings. | 我对于这次听证会有多看重 |
[18:56] | Why don’t we test that proposition by turning | 我们何不用你在竞选年 |
[18:58] | to your many contacts with Iranian Foreign Minister Tousi | 与伊朗外交部长图西的多次联系 |
[19:02] | during the election year. | 来证明一下这个说法 |
[19:03] | You were exceptionally close | 你和这位外交部长 |
[19:04] | to the foreign minister, weren’t you? | 非常地亲近 是吗 |
[19:06] | We have a situation. | 有突发情况 |
[19:08] | One of our destroyers was fired on by a Chinese patrol boat | 我们的一艘驱逐舰在南中国海 |
[19:11] | in the South China Sea. | 被中国的巡逻船击中 |
[19:14] | Casualties? | 有伤亡吗 |
[19:16] | 24 American sailors killed. | 24名美国海员死亡 |
[19:18] | We engaged the Chinese vessel. | 我们和中国舰艇交火了 |
[19:20] | Sank it. | 将其击沉 |
[19:21] | We’re expecting hundreds of casualties. | 可能有数百的伤亡 |
[19:28] | – Mr. Chairman, I’m very sorry. – Mr. Chairman, | -主席先生 我非常抱歉 -主席先生 |
[19:29] | due to pressing matters of state, the president | 由于国家紧急事件 总统 |
[19:30] | must adjourn her testimony at this time. | 这次必须延期她的听证会 |
[19:33] | We object to this choreographed interruption! | 我们反对这个刻意安排的干扰 |
[19:35] | Madam President? | 总统女士 |
[19:37] | Madam President, this is an insult to this committee! | 总统女士 这是对于委员会的羞辱 |
[19:40] | What the hell is going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[19:42] | The Arleigh Burke class destroyer Edwin James | 阿利·伯克级驱逐舰爱德文·詹姆斯 |
[19:45] | was three miles outside the coast of Hainan Dao | 在遭到两艘22型中国导弹艇 |
[19:48] | when it came under attack | 袭击时 |
[19:50] | from two Chinese Type 22 missile boats. | 正位于海南岛海岸外三英里处 |
[19:53] | Unprovoked? | 无端的袭击吗 |
[19:55] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 总统女士 |
[19:56] | I recommend going to worldwide DEFCON 4 | 我建议进入世界范围内四级战备状态 |
[19:59] | and DEFCON 3 in INDOPACOM AOR. | 印度洋区域三级战备状态 |
[20:03] | Do it. | 执行 |
[20:04] | What the hell is President Li thinking? | 李主席在想什么 |
[20:07] | General Hayes, where are we? | 海斯将军 现在状况如何 |
[20:08] | Madam President, we’re sending | 总统女士 我们正派遣 |
[20:10] | Carrier Strike Team 5 to assist the James | 五号航母突击队前去帮助詹姆斯号 |
[20:12] | and deter any further incursions by hostiles. | 并阻止任何敌方再次突然袭击 |
[20:16] | All right. | 好的 |
[20:17] | Admiral Fanning, I want to speak to the captain. | 范宁上将 我想要和舰长通话 |
[20:20] | Captain Woodcliff was KIA, ma’am. | 伍德克里夫舰长已阵亡 总统女士 |
[20:22] | Executive Officer Harris in command. | 哈里斯副舰长指挥 |
[20:24] | Let’s get him on screen. | 视频连接 |
[20:27] | Harris here. | 这里是哈里斯 |
[20:28] | Commander Harris, this is the president. | 哈里斯中校 我是总统 |
[20:31] | I need you to describe for me what happened. | 我需要你向我描述一下发生了什么 |
[20:33] | It was a routine flyby, ma’am. | 这是例行巡视 总统女士 |
[20:36] | We were in egress when they lit us up. | 他们向我们开火的时候我们正要离港 |
[20:38] | Was there any kind of warning? | 有什么警告之类的吗 |
[20:39] | None. Phalanx CIWS | 没有 近程防御武器系统方阵 |
[20:41] | shot down most of their missiles, but one | 让他们的大部分导弹都失灵了 |
[20:43] | made a direct hit on the bridge. | 但是有一枚直接击中了船桥 |
[20:46] | Damage control reports… | 船损管制报告说 |
[20:47] | Commander Harris? | 哈利斯中校 |
[20:48] | …our best to triage. | …尽最大努力进行伤员分类 |
[20:49] | Commander Harris, can you proceed to the fallback point? | 哈利斯中校 你们能行驶到撤退点吗 |
[20:53] | Negative. | 不能 |
[20:54] | Chief engineer reports total engine failure. | 轮机长报告引擎彻底故障 |
[20:57] | We’re sitting ducks. | 我们是瓮中之鳖了 |
[20:59] | You sit tight, Commander. | 你们稳住 中校 |
[21:01] | Help is on the way. | 救援已经在路上了 |
[21:02] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢 总统女士 |
[21:03] | This is a list of military targets | 这是海南岛上的 |
[21:05] | on Hainan Dao. | 军事目标清单 |
[21:07] | Code word Dragonfly. | 行动代号蜻蜓 |
[21:08] | Madam President, we have an Ohio-class sub | 总统女士 我们有一只配有常规弹头的 |
[21:11] | armed with conventional warheads standing by. | 俄亥俄级潜艇正在待命 |
[21:14] | You want to retaliate. | 你们想报复 |
[21:16] | If we don’t, we’ll be sending a message of weakness, | 如果不回击 就等于传递了示弱的信息 |
[21:18] | giving the Chinese carte blanche to escalate. | 让中国为所欲为 |
[21:21] | Uh, and we’ve already killed hundreds of their sailors. | 我们已经杀了他们几百名海军了 |
[21:24] | – That was self-defense. Yes, but to the Chinese, | -那是自我防御 -是 但对于中国来说 |
[21:28] | any further aggression will be seen as gratuitous. | 进一步的攻击行为就是无理取闹 |
[21:33] | They’ll attack the Fifth Fleet next. | 他们接下来会攻击第五舰队 |
[21:36] | Our war games make no such assumption, ma’am. | 我们的作战演习没有这种假设 总统女士 |
[21:38] | How many deals have you negotiated with the Chinese, General? | 你和中国政府进行过几次谈判 将军 |
[21:41] | I need to speak with President Li. | 我要跟李主席谈谈 |
[21:43] | Due respect, ma’am, actions speak louder. | 恕我直言 总统女士 行动胜过一切 |
[21:46] | I will not risk war without a dialogue. | 我不会在没有双边会谈的境况下贸然发动战争 |
[21:49] | This is a rescue mission until I say otherwise. | 除非我另行决定 本次行动定性为救援任务 |
[21:52] | Are w– are we clear? | 大家清楚了吗 |
[21:53] | Yes, ma’am. Understood. Thank you. | -是的 总统女士 -谢谢 |
[21:57] | You invaded Chinese territory. | 你们侵略了中国的领海 |
[22:00] | There is nothing more to say. | 没有什么好说的了 |
[22:01] | President Li, we both know accidents can happen. | 李主席 我们都知道发生意外状况很正常 |
[22:05] | I’m offering you a chance to walk this back. | 我这是给您一个机会避免局势恶化 |
[22:09] | This was no accident. | 没有什么意外 |
[22:10] | Well, then, your attack was reckless and unprovoked. | 那么您的攻击就是鲁莽且毫无理由的 |
[22:13] | These flybys are routine. | 那些都是常规巡视 |
[22:15] | There’s nothing routine about defending our sovereignty. | 捍卫我们的领海没有什么常规可言 |
[22:18] | It is our island. | 那是我们的岛屿 |
[22:20] | You want to litigate that point, let’s do it in Singapore. | 您要是想对此提起诉讼 那就新加坡见吧 |
[22:23] | At a renewed diplomatic interchange. | 重新制定一个外交协定 |
[22:25] | We no longer recognize that interchange. | 我们已经不认可那个协定了 |
[22:30] | Apologize and withdraw your forces. | 请您道歉并撤回您的军队 |
[22:33] | I won’t engage in ultimatums. | 我接受最后通牒 |
[22:35] | Those are my terms. | 这就是我的条件 |
[22:37] | The rest is up to you, Madam President. | 剩下的就看您的了 总统女士 |
[22:45] | Can we expect support from our allies? | 我们能得到盟国的支持吗 |
[22:48] | In public, yes. In private, I’m hearing concerns. | 从公开角度 能 但私下里我听到了一些顾虑 |
[22:50] | Yeah, and in the meantime, world markets are in free fall. | 是的 与此同时 世界市场一落千丈 |
[22:53] | Supermarkets are being overrun | 超市里挤满了 |
[22:55] | by people hoarding basic supplies | 囤积生活物资的人 |
[22:57] | and the top search on Google is “Nuclear war.” | 谷歌上搜索最多的词条是”核战争” |
[23:01] | It might be time to consider an Oval Office address, ma’am. | 也许是时候考虑发表总统办公室演讲了 |
[23:04] | – Well, and say what? – If we want to allay people’s concern, | -讲什么 -如果我们想打消人们的顾虑 |
[23:07] | we have to get our sailors | 我们就要把海军 |
[23:08] | – and the James out of there… – Madam President, | -和詹姆斯号从那救出来 -总统女士 |
[23:10] | SIGINT confirms the PLA has gone | 通信情报证实解放军已经 |
[23:13] | to combat readiness condition level 2. | 进入二级战备状态 |
[23:16] | Dongfeng 5 ICBMs are moving to launchpads. | 东风五号洲际弹道导弹正运往发射台 |
[23:19] | They’ll be capable of nuclear first strike within a few hours. | 他们在几小时内就能发动第一次核攻击 |
[23:23] | – That’s absurd. – And yet, it’s happening. | -这太扯了 -但还是发生了 |
[23:26] | Ma’am, we must respond. | 总统女士 我们必须做出反应 |
[23:27] | I agree. If this is how Li | 我同意 如果李主席 |
[23:30] | is choosing to communicate, | 选择这种沟通方式 |
[23:34] | we have to answer with strength. | 我们就要用武力予以回答 |
[23:35] | Go to DEFCON 2. | 进入二级戒备状态 |
[23:36] | Have all essential personnel recalled to safe locations. | 把所有重要人员召回安全地点 |
[23:39] | – Yes, ma’am. – Yes, Madam President. | -是 总统女士 -是 总统女士 |
[23:42] | Okay. I– We need to track President Li’s logic here. | 好了 我们得理清李主席的逻辑 |
[23:47] | It’s a calculated flex. | 这是精心计算过的 |
[23:49] | Probably because he believes that I’m hamstrung | 也许是因为他认为 |
[23:53] | by the impeachment hearing, right? | 我会被弹劾听证搞得一蹶不振 |
[23:55] | Li thinks you’re too weak to risk | 李主席认为你太软弱 |
[23:57] | taking a divided nation to war. | 不会让一个有分歧的国家投入战争 |
[23:59] | We just went to DEFCON 2, | 我们刚刚进入二级戒备状态 |
[24:01] | so that ought to make him think twice. | 所以这可能会让他重新考虑一下 |
[24:03] | But Susan’s right. | 但是苏珊说得对 |
[24:05] | We need to send a message of unity. | 我们需要传递一种团结的信息 |
[24:08] | -How? -I’ll ask Congress | -怎么做 -我会要求国会 |
[24:10] | for Authorization for the Use of Military Force. | 授权使用武力 |
[24:12] | An AUMF? In the middle of an impeachment? | 授权使用武力 在弹劾期间 |
[24:16] | Especially in the middle of an impeachment. | 尤其是在弹劾期间 |
[24:18] | I have to trust that Congress will do the right thing. | 我得相信国会能做出正确的决定 |
[24:22] | All right. | 好吧 |
[24:26] | I’ll reach out to leadership. | 我去联系国会领导 |
[24:27] | Susan, tell Minister Chen I want to talk to him. | 苏珊 告诉陈部长我要和他谈谈 |
[24:30] | I know it bypasses protocol, but I need a conversation | 我知道这有悖规定 但是我需要 |
[24:33] | with a friend over there. | 跟那边的朋友好好谈谈 |
[24:34] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我尽量办 |
[24:37] | President McCord has just declared DEFCON 2, | 麦考德总统刚刚宣布进入二级戒备状态 |
[24:40] | meaning all U.S. military around the world | 也就意味着全世界的美军 |
[24:42] | stand at hair-trigger readiness. | 准备好一触即发 |
[24:45] | Supermarkets across the nation are reportedly preparing | 据报道 全国各地的超市 |
[24:47] | for a rush of panicked consumers… | 正在为恐慌消费者的涌入做准备 |
[24:50] | Man. | 天啊 |
[24:51] | Maybe not the best night to be eating at a Chinese restaurant. | 可能今晚不是吃中餐的好时机 |
[24:53] | Well, at least it’s pretty empty. | 不过 至少人还挺少 |
[24:55] | Yeah, probably because everyone’s already in bomb shelters. | 是的 也许是因为大家已经都躲在防空洞里了 |
[24:59] | Hey, maybe we should go. | 也许我们该走了 |
[25:01] | Oh, wh– we can wait for the check. | 我们可以等结账之后再走 |
[25:03] | This will cover it. | 这应该够了 |
[25:05] | Well, hang on. What about our fortune cookies? | 等一下 我们的运势饼干还没拆呢 |
[25:08] | You hate fortune cookies. | 你讨厌运势饼干 |
[25:10] | Well, maybe tonight I am feeling a little bit superstitious. | 说不定我今晚有点迷信呢 |
[25:13] | No change. Thanks. | 不用找了 谢谢 |
[25:14] | What… What’s, um– wait. | 那…那…等一下 |
[25:17] | Wh– uh, hang on. What’s-what’s the rush? | 等等 急什么 |
[25:19] | Come on. L-Let’s read our fortunes. | 拜托 我们读读运势吧 |
[25:20] | Excuse me. We have a security alert. | 抱歉 我们收到安全警报 |
[25:22] | We need to get you to the White House immediately. | 我们需要立即把二位送到白宫去 |
[25:24] | …and fired upon the Edwin James | …并且向埃德温·詹姆斯号开火 |
[25:26] | when it passed within miles… | 当时该驱逐舰正经过… |
[25:27] | Geez– I’m coming, I’m coming. Just… | 天啊 我来了 我来了 |
[25:35] | Rescue operations have proceeded without interference. | 救援行动没有受到干扰 |
[25:39] | We’ve recovered our sailors | 我们已经救回了海军士兵们 |
[25:41] | and towed the Edwin James out of area. | 并且把埃德温·詹姆斯号拖离了那片区域 |
[25:43] | But now the real threat is here. | 但是现在真正的威胁来了 |
[25:46] | Admiral? | 上将 |
[25:47] | A Chinese support fleet has just assembled | 一艘中国支援舰队已经在 |
[25:49] | about 200 klicks west of Luzon. | 距离吕宋岛西侧200公里处集结 |
[25:52] | It includes six Type 072 landing craft | 包括六艘甲板上装载着 |
[25:54] | with a deck cargo of DF-21D anti-ship ballistic missiles. | DF-21D反舰弹道导弹的072型登陆舰 |
[25:58] | They call it the carrier killer. | 他们称之为航母杀手 |
[26:00] | ETA to Hainan Dao is 12 hours. | 预计抵达海南岛还有十二小时 |
[26:04] | Now, if those missiles reach land… | 现在 如果那些导弹到达陆地 |
[26:05] | It could neutralize our operative capabilities | 就会削弱我们在南中国海的行动能力 |
[26:08] | in the South China Sea for decades. | 长达几十年 |
[26:11] | Clearly, this was the endgame all along. | 显然 这就是最后阶段了 |
[26:14] | To use the dustup with the James as a manufactured pretext | 利用与詹姆斯号的纠纷做借口 |
[26:18] | to seize the regional advantage. | 攫取地区优势 |
[26:20] | Freedom of navigation | 航行自由 |
[26:21] | is a bedrock principle, Madam President. | 是一项基本原则 总统女士 |
[26:24] | Nothing short of our liberty is at stake here. | 而我们的自由正受到侵犯 |
[26:26] | It’s also a blatant violation of the Singapore Interchange. | 这也是公然违反新加坡协定的行为 |
[26:29] | We could go to the U.N. | 我们可以诉诸联合国 |
[26:31] | Where China has a veto. | 而中国有否决权 |
[26:33] | Or we can strike now. | 或者我们可以现在就军事打击 |
[26:36] | He’s right, ma’am. | 他说得对 总统女士 |
[26:37] | The alternative is a complete retreat. | 另一种选择是彻底撤退 |
[26:41] | What do you suggest? | 你们有什么建议 |
[26:42] | An immediate launch of our F-35s on the USS Saratoga. | 立即发射美国军舰萨拉托加号上的F-35 |
[26:46] | The remainder of the Fifth Fleet | 第五舰队的剩余部分 |
[26:48] | will launch Tomahawks against the targets on Hainan Dao | 执行蜻蜓行动向海南岛上的目标 |
[26:50] | under Operation Dragonfly. | 发射战斧导弹 |
[26:54] | With China’s nuclear forces and ours on high alert? | 在我们和中国的核武都处于高级戒备的状态下 |
[26:57] | This could trigger a-a carnage that we can’t stop. | 这会触发我们无法阻止的大屠杀 |
[27:00] | We have the superior capability here, ma’am. | 我们的实力更强 总统女士 |
[27:04] | Let’s use it | 我们还是利用 |
[27:05] | to shove them back and retain our strategic advantage | 这份实力逼退他们 保持住我们在南中国海的 |
[27:08] | in the South China Sea. | 战略优势吧 |
[27:11] | Well, I agree | 我同意 |
[27:12] | we can’t let those missiles reach the island. | 我们不能让那些导弹砸向海南岛 |
[27:15] | But I am not prepared to start a shooting war | 但是我没准备好发动一场 |
[27:18] | that could end with the unthinkable. | 结局不可设想的热战 |
[27:21] | I want other options. | 我要其他方案 |
[27:26] | What about a blockade? | 封锁怎么样 |
[27:31] | Declare an exclusion zone around the island, | 在岛的周围设立禁区 |
[27:33] | block any attempt to breach it? | 阻止任何破坏行动 |
[27:37] | Is that possible? | 可行吗 |
[27:39] | Well, in theory. | 理论上可行 |
[27:40] | It worked for Kennedy. Why the hell not? | 肯尼迪那阵有效果 现在怎么就不行 |
[27:42] | Because it would put us on the defensive. | 因为那样就让我们处于防守地位 |
[27:44] | And hands them the initiative. | 把主动权拱手让给了他们 |
[27:47] | If it leads to a peaceful resolution, they can have it. | 如果能和平解决 让就让了 |
[27:50] | Admiral, establish the quarantine line. | 上将 设立隔离线 |
[27:53] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 总统女士 |
[27:54] | Susan, will you get to the Chinese Embassy? | 苏珊 你去趟中国大使馆 |
[27:55] | I want this ultimatum delivered in person. | 我希望当面送达这最后通牒 |
[27:58] | Absolutely, Madam President. | 遵命 总统女士 |
[28:01] | I’ll let you know | 北京一旦回复了 |
[28:01] | if we get a response from Beijing. | 我立即告诉你 |
[28:03] | The moment. | 即刻 |
[28:04] | Yeah. Meantime, it’s a waiting game. | 同时 这是个等待的游戏 |
[28:08] | You have your AUMF. | 收到了《军事武力使用授权书》 |
[28:10] | Congress just passed it in emergency session. | 国会刚刚在紧急会议上通过的 |
[28:13] | All right, well, let’s make some noise about it. | 好吧 让我们弄出点动静来 |
[28:15] | Oh, I’ll make sure it’s clanging in President Li’s ear. | 我会确保李主席听到消息 |
[28:17] | Great. | 很好 |
[28:22] | What-what are you doing? | 你准备做什么 |
[28:23] | Well, I thought we needed some champagne. | 我想我们需要香槟 |
[28:26] | Oh. Yeah. | 是吗 |
[28:27] | Sure. You know, champagne. | 好吧 香槟 |
[28:30] | Just what you want when you’re about an inch away | 当你和你的核对手距开战仅一步之遥时 |
[28:33] | from war with a nuclear adversary. | 正需要香槟呢 |
[28:35] | – What? It’s not… – Of course, | -什么 这不是… -当然 |
[28:36] | there’s always the impeachment I’m trying to stave off, | 我还要一直避免被弹劾 |
[28:39] | which is probably a foregone conclusion | 但是在我放弃证词后 |
[28:41] | after I ditched my testimony. | 弹劾恐怕是必然结果了 |
[28:43] | – Babe, uh… – Oh, you’re right. | -亲爱的 -你说得对 |
[28:45] | Just pop it. | 开酒吧 |
[28:47] | It’s not just for us. | 不仅仅是我们要庆祝 |
[28:48] | Dmitri and Stevie are on their way up. | 迪米特里和斯蒂芬就要来了 |
[28:51] | I don’t have time. I’m so tired! | 我没时间 我太累了 |
[28:55] | Oh, my gosh. | 天哪 |
[28:56] | Yes! What happened? | 对了 怎么样了 |
[28:58] | Well, so, security protocols forced them | 安保措施要求他们 |
[29:01] | to cut their date short | 结束约会 |
[29:03] | and, uh, skip their Potomac cruise, but… | 略过了他们乘船游览波托马克河的计划 不过… |
[29:05] | Oh, cruise-schmooze. What happened at the dinner? | 别管游览什么的 晚餐怎么样 |
[29:07] | Okay, all I know is their detail said | 我只知道他们的安保人员说 |
[29:10] | that they finished dinner, which means that… | 他俩吃完了晚饭 就是说… |
[29:12] | Our little girl! | 我们的小可爱 |
[29:14] | – Oh, here they are! – The happy couple! | -你们来啦 -快乐的小情侣 |
[29:16] | There you are! | 你们回来啦 |
[29:16] | Oh, come on. | 来抱抱 |
[29:20] | We did not have dessert. | 我们没有吃甜品 |
[29:23] | That’s… too bad. | 那 太糟糕了 |
[29:25] | Dessert is a cornerstone of any meal, so… | 甜品可是必不可少的啊… |
[29:27] | Yes, and we had to come straight here from the restaurant. | 是啊 我们不得不直接从餐厅来这里 |
[29:31] | Well, oh, we-we… we just thought | 我们…我们想着 |
[29:32] | that you’d want to have some champagne with us. | 你们会想和我们一起喝香槟呢 |
[29:35] | There’s water for you. | 给你准备了水 |
[29:36] | Yeah. While we still can. | 趁我们还在这 |
[29:39] | – Yeah, right. – That’s lovely of you. | -好的 -你们真贴心 |
[29:40] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[29:41] | – Sure. – Thanks, guys. | -没事 -谢谢你们 |
[29:43] | Honey. Yeah, well, here’s to… | 亲爱的 让我们敬… |
[29:47] | Nothing. | 没什么事 |
[29:51] | No. Stop. | 不 等一下 |
[29:53] | Sorry. This is silly. | 抱歉 这太蠢了 |
[29:55] | This was meant to be an occasion. | 这应该是一个重要的场合 |
[29:57] | A big occasion. | 非常重要 |
[30:00] | Henry, you didn’t tell… | 亨利 你没说… |
[30:01] | On my honor. Stevie doesn’t know anything about it. | 我发誓 斯蒂芬一点都不知道 |
[30:03] | Wait. He knows? You… What? | 等等 他知道了 你们… 什么 |
[30:04] | – You told him? – No. | -你告诉他了 -没有 |
[30:06] | We didn’t say anything. | 我们什么都没说 |
[30:07] | – Never. – I don’t understand. | -绝对没说 -我不太明白 |
[30:09] | Let’s just… everybody go home, | 我们…大家都回家吧 |
[30:11] | because that’s… Yeah. Uh, just… | 因为这…就… |
[30:12] | Let’s just pretend like it never happened. | 就假装什么都没发生过吧 |
[30:13] | Wait. I was going to do this, um… | 等等 我本来准备要做一件事 |
[30:17] | I’m gonna do it. | 我要现在做 |
[30:18] | Dmitri… this is for you. | 迪米特里 这是给你的 |
[30:24] | It’s the-the fortune inside. | 是里面的幸运字条 |
[30:26] | If you read it. | 你看看吧 |
[30:34] | This is… | 这是… |
[30:35] | What does it say? | 写的什么 |
[30:36] | “The early bird gets the worm, | “早起的鸟儿有虫吃 |
[30:38] | but the second mouse gets the cheese.” | 但是第二只老鼠才能拿到奶酪” |
[30:40] | Wait. What? | 稍等 什么 |
[30:43] | They mixed up the cookies. | 他们搞错了饼干 |
[30:44] | It’s very true, though. Oh. | 不过这话倒是不假 |
[30:46] | This was supposed to be | 这本该是一句 |
[30:48] | a message from me. | 我要对你说的话 |
[30:50] | Um, a question, actually. | 其实是个问题 |
[30:52] | I wanted to ask you to… | 我想要问你… |
[30:54] | Stop. Please. Let me. | 请等一下 让我来 |
[30:57] | Here. | 在此 |
[30:59] | In front of your parents, | 在你父母面前 |
[31:00] | even though it was supposed to be alone | 尽管这本该是我们俩 |
[31:02] | on a boat. | 单独在船上 |
[31:03] | But there might be a nuclear war, and… | 但是可能会爆发核战争… |
[31:05] | Sorry, no offense, Madam President. | 抱歉 无意冒犯 总统女士 |
[31:06] | No problem. Go on. | 没事 继续吧 |
[31:08] | I don’t know how to begin. | 我不知道如何开始 |
[31:10] | No. I do know how to begin with you, Stevie, | 不 我知道如何和你开始 斯蒂芬 |
[31:12] | because you…you are my beginning, | 因为你… 你是我的开始 |
[31:14] | and the start of everything that matters to me. | 是一切重要事情的开始 |
[31:16] | My happiness and hope for the future. | 我的幸福和对未来的希望 |
[31:19] | I’ve been broken many times, | 我心碎过很多次 |
[31:20] | and it’s hard for me to feel whole, but | 我很难感到被治愈 但是 |
[31:23] | there’s one time I do feel whole. | 有一个时刻让我感到被治愈 |
[31:26] | When you are with me. And if you let me, | 你和我在一起的时候 如果你允许 |
[31:28] | I will dedicate my life to making you feel whole, too. | 我也会用我的生命让你被治愈 |
[31:31] | Because… because I love you more | 因为 因为我爱你 |
[31:34] | than I ever knew I could love. | 比我所知道的还多 |
[31:38] | – Stephanie McCord will you… – Madam President, | -斯蒂芬·麦考德 你愿意… -总统女士 |
[31:40] | we need… you. | 我们需要…你 |
[31:42] | – Are you kidding me? – I’m sor… | -你在逗我吗 -抱歉 |
[31:43] | Oh, my God. Is-is he actually…? | 天哪 他…他真的要… |
[31:45] | Dmitri, as president, I order you to finish that sentence! | 迪米特里 作为总统 我命令你把那句话说完 |
[31:49] | Stevie, will you marry me? | 斯蒂芬 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[31:50] | Yes, yes, for God’s sake. | 愿意 愿意 看在上帝的份上 |
[31:52] | Yay. Welcome to the family. | 欢迎加入我们家 |
[31:55] | I have to go. I don’t know when I’m coming back. | 我得走了 不知道什么时候回来 |
[31:57] | – Bye, Mom! – Uh, just-just go. | -再见 妈妈 -去吧 |
[31:59] | Ellen, what is it? | 艾伦 什么事 |
[32:00] | It seems we have President Li’s answer to the blockade. | 看来我们收到了李主席对封锁的回应 |
[32:03] | Several high-speed Type 22 Chinese missile boats | 几艘高速22型中国导弹艇 |
[32:06] | have broken away from the convoy headed to Hainan Dao | 已经驶离了前往海南岛的护卫舰 |
[32:09] | and now are projected to reach the quarantine line | 现在预计只要四个小时就能到达 |
[32:12] | in just four hours. | 隔离线 |
[32:15] | Okay. Fire up Marine One. | 好吧 发动陆战一号 |
[32:18] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[32:19] | New York to see Minister Chen. | 去纽约见陈部长 |
[32:21] | Well, he wouldn’t take your calls. | 他都不接你的电话 |
[32:22] | Why do you think he’ll meet with you? | 你为什么觉得他会见你呢 |
[32:23] | Because he knows where this is heading if he doesn’t. | 因为他知道如果他不见我这会发展到不可收拾 |
[32:38] | Excuse me, Minister Chen? | 打扰了 陈部长 |
[32:40] | Yes. What is it? | 是我 有什么事 |
[32:46] | – Ming, you got a minute? – Ambushed | -明 你有时间吗 -被美国总统 |
[32:49] | by the American president. | 突然袭击 |
[32:51] | Definitely one for the memoir. | 绝对要写进回忆录 |
[32:53] | I look forward to reading it one day. | 我期待有一天能读到它 |
[32:56] | In a future where we manage | 在那个我们能够设法逃脱 |
[32:58] | to find a way out of this crisis. | 这场危机的未来里 |
[33:01] | Your naval blockade isn’t helping. | 你的海上封锁没起作用 |
[33:03] | China attacked us, | 是中国攻击我们 |
[33:05] | murdering 24 U.S. sailors. | 杀害了24名美国海军 |
[33:09] | Don’t. | 别狡辩 |
[33:14] | I mean, for the sake of the world, | 为了这个世界 |
[33:16] | I hope you can help me understand | 我希望你能帮我弄明白 |
[33:18] | what the hell Li is doing. | 李到底要做什么 |
[33:21] | Li didn’t approve firing on your ship. | 李没有同意向你的船开火 |
[33:24] | It was a rogue commander | 是一名擅自行动的指挥官 |
[33:25] | who thinks the party has lost its way. | 他认为政党迷失了方向 |
[33:29] | Well… | 好吧 |
[33:32] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[33:35] | That means that Li doesn’t want this confrontation | 这意味着李和我一样不希望 |
[33:37] | any more than I do. | 发生这样的冲突 |
[33:38] | But he can’t admit his military acted alone. | 但是他不能承认是他的军队擅自行动 |
[33:44] | The fact that you’re a woman… | 而且你是个女人… |
[33:46] | – For Pete’s sake. – I’m just saying, | -天哪 -我只是说 |
[33:48] | – it’s a factor. – Would he rather blow up the world | -这是一个因素 -他宁愿炸掉世界 |
[33:50] | than back down to a girl? | 也不愿向我让步 |
[33:52] | President Li is a… proud man. | 李主席是个骄傲的人 |
[33:55] | Too bad. | 真遗憾 |
[33:58] | No. | 不 |
[33:59] | I am not allowing the militarization of Hainan Dao. | 我不允许海南岛军事化 |
[34:03] | Then there’s no way out. | 那就没办法了 |
[34:10] | If this is really about President Li’s | 如果这真的关乎李主席的 |
[34:12] | pride and honor… | 骄傲和荣誉… |
[34:16] | …then what if we move our ships away from the island | 那如果我们的船在你们的船到达前 |
[34:19] | before your ships get there? | 就撤离呢 |
[34:21] | So you will back down? | 你愿意让步 |
[34:23] | No. | 不 |
[34:25] | Even from hundreds of miles away, | 即使在几百英里之外 |
[34:28] | we can still strike the quarantine line. | 我们仍然可以打击到隔离线 |
[34:31] | And we will do that if your vessels cross it. | 如果你的船只越线我们也会过去的 |
[34:34] | But Li can claim the United States blinked first. | 但是李可以说是美国先妥协的 |
[34:39] | Yes, and then quietly order his ships | 是的 然后悄悄命令他的船只 |
[34:41] | to steer away from Hainan Dao. | 驶离海南岛 |
[34:49] | As a friend, | 作为朋友 |
[34:51] | I want to share that Stevie got engaged tonight. | 我想和你分享斯蒂芬今晚订婚的好消息 |
[34:55] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[34:57] | – Elizabeth. – I know. | -伊丽莎白 -我知道 |
[34:59] | There’s no greater joy than expanding one’s family. | 没有什么比家族壮大更让人开心了 |
[35:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:08] | I wish the same for you. | 我希望你也如此 |
[35:14] | That was manipulative, | 这样做虽然是幕后操纵 |
[35:17] | but highly effective. | 但非常有效 |
[35:21] | The truth often is. | 事实往往就是如此 |
[35:24] | I will take your proposal to President Li. | 我会把你的提议告诉李主席 |
[35:31] | Contact now at six kilometers. | 目标还有六公里 |
[35:33] | Course 170 at 28 knots. | 航向170 速度28节 |
[35:36] | ETA to exclusion zone is now 20 seconds. | 现在预计到达禁区还有20秒 |
[35:40] | No alteration in course, ma’am. | 未改变航向 总统 |
[35:42] | Chinese vessels at three kilometers from exclusion zone. | 中国船舶距禁区还有三公里 |
[35:45] | They’re gonna blow through the quarantine line, | 他们要冲过隔离线 |
[35:47] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[35:48] | You have your orders. | 按命令行事 |
[35:49] | Light ’em up, Captain. | 向他们开火 舰长 |
[35:50] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[35:51] | Targets acquired. | 目标已锁定 |
[35:53] | Prepare to execute on my command. | 准备听我指令行动 |
[35:54] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 总统 |
[35:55] | Bridge, radar. Contacts moving! | 舰桥 我是雷达 目标在移动 |
[35:58] | Now steering course 350. | 将航向调整到350 |
[36:00] | Hold fire, Captain! Hold fire! | 先别开火 舰长 先别开火 |
[36:02] | Roger. Disengaging. | 收到 取消瞄准 |
[36:03] | They’re turning around. | 他们转向了 |
[36:06] | Lord in heaven, they’re turning. | 我的老天 他们转向了 |
[36:08] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋 |
[36:10] | Congratulations, Madam President. | 祝贺您 总统女士 |
[36:18] | Madam President, | 总统女士 |
[36:18] | we were discussing your contacts with Foreign Minister Tousi. | 我们刚才正说到您跟外交部长图西的接触 |
[36:22] | Yes, I recall, Mr. Chairman. | 是的 我记得 主席先生 |
[36:23] | Then you must also recall that, uh, you left intentionally | 那您一定也记得 在我开始询问 |
[36:27] | before I could inquire about the matter. | 这件事之前 您就故意离开了 |
[36:29] | I left because | 我离开是因为 |
[36:30] | there was an international incident that… | 发生了一起需要我立即干预的 |
[36:33] | required my immediate attention. | 国际争端 |
[36:35] | Yes. An armed conflict with China that resulted | 没错 和中国发生的武装冲突导致了 |
[36:38] | in two dozen American fatalities. | 24名美国人死亡 |
[36:40] | Tragically, yes. | 是的 很悲惨 |
[36:41] | But you deftly navigated your way around a potential war, | 但您找到方法巧妙地避免了可能发生的战争 |
[36:44] | didn’t you? | 对吗 |
[36:45] | Mr. Chairman, is there an actual question here? | 主席先生 你真的在提问吗 |
[36:47] | Yes, there is. Isn’t it true | 是的 跟中国的冲突 |
[36:48] | that the conflict with China, | 是真的吗 |
[36:50] | and its magical resolution, was entirely fabricated | 还有这个神奇的解决方法 是完全由 |
[36:54] | by your administration to distract | 您的政府编造出来 从而分散大家对 |
[36:56] | from these impeachment proceedings? | 弹劾程序的关注吗 |
[37:00] | I’ll have order in this room. | 请大家保持安静 |
[37:01] | Madam President, there is a question outstanding. | 总统女士 您还没有回答我提出的问题 |
[37:04] | It isn’t a question. | 这不是问题 |
[37:06] | It’s an accusation. | 而是指控 |
[37:08] | And I will not support your attempt | 而且我不会支持你的企图 |
[37:10] | to politicize the sacrifice | 你要将24名为保卫祖国而 |
[37:12] | of two dozen sailors who died | 牺牲生命的海军 |
[37:15] | protecting our country. | 政治化 |
[37:17] | I will then, uh, repeat the question one more time. | 我再重复一次这个问题 |
[37:20] | But I’m… | 但我… |
[37:21] | not going to answer it. | 不会回答 |
[37:22] | But if you refuse to respond, you do leave this committee | 但如果您拒绝回答 委员会将别无选择 |
[37:24] | with no choice but to hold you in contempt. | 只能判您藐视法庭 |
[37:26] | This committee will do no such thing. | 这个委员会不会这么做 |
[37:28] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[37:29] | Mr. Chairman? | 主席先生 |
[37:30] | – You’re out of order, Congressman. – Mr. Chairman! | -你疯了吧 议员先生 -主席先生 |
[37:34] | Since the inception of these hearings, | 自从全面启动这次听证会以来 |
[37:35] | you have used your pulpit to grandstand and peacock | 你一直在花着纳税人的钱 |
[37:39] | in front of these cameras at the expense | 在这些镜头前 |
[37:41] | of the American taxpayer with nothing | 利用你的讲台哗众取宠 而得出的结论却 |
[37:44] | to offer… | 除了 |
[37:47] | but imaginary conspiracy theories | 虚构的阴谋论和关于总统与伊朗 |
[37:50] | and false narratives about the president’s | 秘密结盟的虚假故事 |
[37:52] | secret alliances with Iran, | 什么都没有 |
[37:54] | and now China, | 现在又是中国和 |
[37:55] | and her alleged corruption. | 她所谓的贪污 |
[37:56] | You will stand down, Congressman. | 你退下 议员先生 |
[37:58] | I have yielded my time to you over and over again. | 我一次又一次的把发言机会让给你 |
[38:02] | Out of fundamental fairness, | 出于基本的公平 |
[38:03] | you can yield a few moments to me now. | 你现在应该可以让我说一会了 |
[38:08] | The Chair recognizes the gentleman from Pennsylvania. | 主席有请这位来自宾夕法尼亚州的先生发言 |
[38:14] | For the past two months– | 过去的两个月 |
[38:16] | two months– | 两个月 |
[38:18] | this committee and the Senate Intelligence Committee before it | 此委员会和它之前的参议院情报委员会 |
[38:21] | has pursued an endless crusade | 一直在进行一场无止尽的改革运动 |
[38:24] | to undermine this president, | 为了动摇现任总统的地位 |
[38:27] | all at the direction of Senator Hanson, | 这一切都是汉森参议员指使的 |
[38:30] | who just last week was peddling similar falsehoods | 他上周才兜售过类似的谎言 |
[38:34] | about the rescue of an American citizen | 关于营救被伊朗绑架的 |
[38:35] | who was kidnapped by Iran. | 美国公民 |
[38:37] | Someone has to | 必须有人站出来 |
[38:38] | call these hearings out for what they are. | 让大家看清楚这些听证会的真面目 |
[38:40] | A political hatchet job. | 这就是政治诽谤 |
[38:42] | A campaign of endless harassment, | 是无止尽的骚扰攻击 |
[38:45] | not-not just on the president, | 不仅仅针对总统 |
[38:48] | but on reality. | 还针对事实和 |
[38:52] | And truth. | 真相 |
[38:54] | So, after the past few days | 所以 在过去的几天中 |
[38:57] | and the exemplary leadership this president has shown, | 总统表现出了堪称典范的领导才能 |
[39:00] | I will no longer participate in a charade | 我不会再参与这种政治游戏 |
[39:02] | whose sole purpose is to punish this president | 它的唯一目的就是为了惩罚现任总统 |
[39:05] | for her only real sin: | 而她唯一真正的罪行就是 |
[39:07] | Challenging our preconceptions about | 挑战了我们关于总统应该怎么样的 |
[39:10] | what a president should be. | 传统观念 |
[39:14] | And now I yield my time, Mr. Chairman. | 下面的时间交给你了 主席先生 |
[39:18] | Order. | 安静 |
[39:20] | Order! Or I will clear this room! | 安静 否则我会请你们出去 |
[39:27] | O “O.” | |
[39:29] | S “S.” | |
[39:31] | Quiznos. | 奎兹诺斯 |
[39:34] | Quiznos? | 奎兹诺斯 |
[39:35] | Yup, it’s… | 对 是 |
[39:36] | knowing the answers to a quiz. It’s… | 知道测验的答案 它是… |
[39:40] | It’s a sandwich chain. | 它是家三明治连锁店 |
[39:41] | Well, it’s also that. | 好吧 也可以这样说 |
[39:42] | – No. No, no. – Yeah. | -不不不 -是的 |
[39:43] | – Come on! – Uh-uh. No. Come on. | -拜托 -不 不行 |
[39:44] | – Henry, it’s a lot of points. – Uh, uh, come on. | -亨利 这有很多分 -不行 |
[39:46] | – Let-Let’s go to sleep. – I can’t, Henry. | -我们睡觉吧 -我不睡 亨利 |
[39:48] | – I’m too tired. – Let’s go. Babe. | -我太累了 -睡吧 宝贝 |
[39:49] | Come on. Head on pillow. | 拜托 把头放在枕头上 |
[39:50] | – It’s bedtime. – My brain is just going | -该睡觉了 -我的脑子一直在 |
[39:51] | in this… loop. | 不停地转 |
[39:53] | China, impeachment, | 中国 弹劾 |
[39:56] | wedding planning. | 婚礼计划 |
[39:58] | Wedding… in peach grove | 婚礼 在中国的 |
[40:01] | in China… | 桃树林里[音似弹劾] |
[40:02] | Okay. You’re delirious, babe. You got to… | 好 你神经错乱了 亲爱的 你得… |
[40:04] | I know, babe. | 我知道 亲爱的 |
[40:04] | Just play with me, will you, until I pass out? | 就跟我接着玩吧 行吗 玩到我睡着 |
[40:08] | – Come on. – Okay. | -来吧 -好 |
[40:10] | All right. 78. | 好 78 |
[40:11] | No. No way. | 不 没门 |
[40:13] | You’re such a cheater. | 你作弊 |
[40:25] | What is that sound?! | 那是什么声音 |
[40:27] | Something with the plumbing? | 是水管子的声音吗 |
[40:30] | Nope. | 不是 |
[40:31] | Roar of the crowd. | 是人群在呼喊 |
[40:33] | What crowd? | 什么人群 |
[40:34] | Protestors. | 抗议者 |
[40:35] | Few million of ’em. | 有几百万人 |
[40:37] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[40:39] | – They want me out? – No. | -他们想让我离职吗 -不 |
[40:42] | They want you in. | 他们想让你继续干下去 |
[40:50] | Holy… moley. | 我的天 |
[40:53] | It’s happening all over the country, all 50 states. | 全国都在抗议 五十个州的民众 |
[40:57] | People are in the streets. | 全部走上了街头 |
[40:58] | They say it’s the biggest public protest ever. | 他们说这是迄今为止规模最大的公众抗议 |
[41:01] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[41:02] | As far as they can tell, it started with this | 据他们说 事情是由一位 |
[41:04] | ten-year-old girl from Atlanta | 来自亚特兰大的十岁女孩引起的 |
[41:06] | who convinced her mom to drive through the night | 她说服了她妈妈开了一整夜车来到这里 |
[41:08] | so she could hold her sign up by the gate down there. | 好让她在下面那扇门边高举标语牌 |
[41:12] | What… what did it say? | 上面写了什么 |
[41:16] | “She’s my president.” | “她是我的总统” |
[41:19] | Cable news picked it up, social media. | 有线新闻把它拍下来了 还有社交媒体 |
[41:22] | That’s what they’re chanting. | 他们在反复喊着这句话 |
[41:25] | She’s my president! | 她是我的总统 |
[41:28] | I mean, how…? | 我是说 怎么会… |
[41:30] | How do millions of people | 几百万民众怎么会 |
[41:32] | spontaneously take to the streets? | 自发地走上街头 |
[41:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:35] | You helped avoid World War III, | 你阻止了第三次世界大战 |
[41:38] | and all your opponents wanted to do was throw you out of office. | 而你那些对手们却想把你赶出白宫办公室 |
[41:41] | Well, there-there’s still the vote in the Judiciary Committee. | 好吧 司法委员会还要投票呢 |
[41:45] | No, it’s over. | 不 这件事结束了 |
[41:46] | They called an emergency session half an hour ago. | 他们半小时之前召开了紧急会议 |
[41:49] | The one day I sleep in… Well… | 就在我睡过头的这天 好吧 |
[41:52] | – And? – Well… And? | -然后呢 -然后 |
[41:53] | What do you think? In the face of this, | 你觉得呢 看着面前这一切 |
[41:56] | the only vote for impeachment was Canning’s. | 坎宁投下了支持弹劾的唯一一票 |
[41:59] | So that’s it? It’s over? | 所以就这样吗 结束了 |
[42:00] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[42:01] | The impeachment inquiry is officially over. | 弹劾调查正式结束了 |
[42:06] | Come on. | 过来 |
[42:07] | She’s my president! | 她是我的总统 |