时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I mean, the pictures don’t do it justice. | 照片真拍不出来 |
[00:05] | – It’s like a fairy tale. – I know. | -简直像在童话里一样 -我知道 |
[00:08] | How did you guys find this place? | 你们怎么找到这个地方的 |
[00:09] | It was on Blake and Trevor’s short list. | 它是布莱克和特雷弗的首选地点之一 |
[00:11] | Yeah, but then Trevor decided he wanted a water element, so… | 但特雷弗决定他想要个水的元素 所以… |
[00:15] | Are you two ever actually going to get married? | 你们俩到底还结不结婚啊 |
[00:18] | If we ever decide on how to do it, | 如果我们能最终决定怎么结的话 |
[00:19] | so maybe not. Anyway, | 所以也许结不了了 总之 |
[00:21] | I just looked up the ten most romantic places near D.C., | 我查了华盛顿附近十大浪漫之选 |
[00:23] | – and this popped up. – It kind of reminds me | -这地方就跳出来了 -它有点让我想起 |
[00:27] | of the house at the farm, doesn’t it? | 农场的房子 是不是 |
[00:29] | Maybe the barn. | 也许是谷仓吧 |
[00:30] | Okay, I know you guys | 我知道你们 |
[00:31] | wanted me to have it there. I’m sorry. | 想让我在那里办 很抱歉 |
[00:33] | – No, no, no, no, no. 100%. – Hey, we’re venue neutral. | -不 绝对地 -我们没有意见 |
[00:35] | Okay. We just wanted this to be, like, | 我们只是想找一个 |
[00:37] | our place, you know, | 属于我们自己的地方 |
[00:38] | not connected to anyone else’s history. | 和别人的过去没有任何联系的地方 |
[00:40] | And I don’t really have much of a history here, | 我在这边没什么过去 |
[00:42] | so everything works for me. | 所以我哪里都行 |
[00:44] | – You like it, though, right? – Oh, no, I love it. | -但你喜欢这 对吧 -我非常喜欢 |
[00:46] | It reminds me of my grandfather’s house on the farm. | 让我想起了我爷爷在农场的房子 |
[00:49] | Well, pictures I’ve seen, before the state took it. | 我看过照片 在被国家没收之前 |
[00:54] | I-I love it. | 我真的很喜欢这 |
[00:57] | Look at those beams. | 看看那些房梁 |
[00:58] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -嗯 |
[00:59] | So they’re all hand-planed original timber, | 都是手工刨光的原木 |
[01:02] | and the furniture in here is-is hand-hewn; there’s no nails. | 这里的家具都是手工榫卯的 没用钉子 |
[01:06] | It’s like we’re standing in art. | 我们简直就是站在个艺术品里 |
[01:07] | Oh. It so is. | 真是啊 |
[01:11] | Are we ready to sample food? | 我们准备好试尝食物了吗 |
[01:13] | – Oh, yes! – Thank you, Maggie. | -好啊 -美琪 谢谢 |
[01:15] | Everything looks amazing. | 看着真诱人 |
[01:17] | Maggie, it’s so good to finally | 美琪 终于见到 |
[01:18] | – meet you in person. – Likewise. | -你本人了 幸会 -幸会 |
[01:19] | – This is place is spectacular, really. – Beautiful place. | -这地方真是太棒了 -很漂亮 |
[01:21] | – Thank you so much. – Oh, this is a couple of late additions… | -非常感谢 -这两样是新加的… |
[01:23] | – What do we have? – …from the caterer. | -有什么啊 -餐饮方提供的 |
[01:24] | Bacon-wrapped dates and lobster mac and cheese. | 培根椰枣卷 龙虾芝士通心粉 |
[01:28] | Showing some respect for the flesh eaters. | 为了食肉者准备的 |
[01:29] | – And we love you for it. – Oh, we do. | -这么周到太感谢了 -绝对地 |
[01:31] | Ma’am, those dishes haven’t been cleared. | 总统女士 那些菜没有经过安全检查 |
[01:35] | What-what do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[01:36] | We oversaw production of everything that’s here. | 我们监控了这里所有菜的制作 |
[01:39] | Those two haven’t been vetted. | 而这两道没有 |
[01:41] | – So not the mac and… – I’m good to go, right? | -所以不能吃通心粉… -我可以吃吧 |
[01:43] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[01:48] | Crudités are okay? | 生的蔬菜可以吃吗 |
[01:50] | Yes, ma’am. | 可以 总统女士 |
[01:53] | – This is by far the best. – Oh, good. | -这个是最好吃的 -很好 |
[01:56] | This cake is unbelievable. That’s really good. | 蛋糕真是太好吃了 |
[01:59] | – How is it? – It’s terrible. | -怎么样 -难吃死了 |
[02:01] | – No, it’s not good at all. – You wouldn’t like it at all. | -一点都不好吃 -你不会喜欢的 |
[02:03] | Okay, so this one? | 这个呢 |
[02:04] | I want my own personal vat at the wedding. | 婚礼时我想要一大碗 |
[02:07] | I will see to it, but for now | 我一定落实 但现在 |
[02:08] | – we should get to the White House for the bill signing. – Okay. | -我们得要去白宫参加法案签字了 -好 |
[02:11] | You know, you could sort of just grab one for yourself | 你可以自己拿上点 |
[02:13] | – and we could have it in the… – No, ma’am. | -我们可以在… -不行 总统女士 |
[02:17] | If you die, I won’t eat it. | 如果你死了 我就不吃了 |
[02:21] | “A mere nine months after President McCord was | “麦考德总统所受到的弹劾威胁 |
[02:23] | “Threatened with impeachment, an action which was impeded | “被美国历史上最大的政治抗议 |
[02:25] | “By the largest political protest | “挫败之后 |
[02:27] | “In the nation’s history, | “短短九个月 |
[02:29] | “The White House will hold a Rose Garden ceremony | “白宫将在玫瑰园 |
[02:31] | “For the signing of the Equal Pay and Family Leave Act. | 为《同工同酬及家事休假法》的签署举行庆祝仪式 |
[02:33] | “In attendance will be the world champion | “出席仪式的将有同工同酬坚定的支持者 |
[02:35] | “U.S. Women’s soccer team, | “世界冠军 |
[02:36] | – outspoken proponents of pay equity.” – Yes. | -美国国家女子足球队” -很好 |
[02:37] | “Not present will be Mark Hanson | “而不会出席的将有包括马克·汉森 |
[02:39] | and all of his traitorous congressional scum nuggets.” | 在内的所有那些议会的叛徒人渣们” |
[02:41] | – Michael. – Uh, we’ll see. | -迈克尔 -这个我们再看看吧 |
[02:42] | “Also in attendance will be Flo Avery, | “参加仪式的还有弗洛·艾弗里 |
[02:44] | “A citizen who was born the same day | “这位公民出生在 |
[02:45] | “That women were granted the right to vote | “女性通过宪法第十九修正案的颁布 |
[02:46] | through the ratification of the 19th Amendment.” | 而获得投票权的那天”[1920年8月18日] |
[02:48] | Hey, can you make sure that there’s | 你能去落实一下 |
[02:49] | someone there to help her down the stairs? | 确保有人会帮她下楼梯吗 |
[02:51] | Let’s avoid any sudden noises. | 我们得避免突发什么情况 |
[02:52] | Dead old ladies aren’t a great look | 死个老太太对于 |
[02:53] | – for female empowerment. – She seems very spry. | -女性赋能来说可不是好事 -她腿脚很好 |
[02:55] | Her phone voice seems spry? | 电话里能听出她腿脚好吗 |
[02:58] | Also, the soccer players. I got an earful | 还有那些足球队员 我让她们 |
[03:01] | when I asked them to stick to the talking points. | 按发言要点说的时候被呛了一顿 |
[03:03] | All this stuff about censorship | 说什么审查啦 |
[03:06] | and the importance of letting women speak their truth. | 让女性讲出实情啦 |
[03:08] | They do this all the time. | 她们一直都是这样的 |
[03:09] | I’m just saying maybe don’t stand so close to them | 我只是说也许麦克风开着的时候 |
[03:11] | when the microphones are on. | 别离她们太近了 |
[03:12] | Too many powerful women for you? | 太多强势的女性让你受不了了吗 |
[03:13] | You’ve met my four sisters. You know I have triggers. | 你见过我的四个姐姐 你知道我有理由的 |
[03:15] | Yeah. Okay, go. Thank you so much. | 好 走吧 非常感谢 |
[03:17] | Hi. Uh, maintenance missed the memo… | 后勤部把… |
[03:19] | …on fertilizing the Rose Garden. | 不要给玫瑰园施肥的提醒给忽略了 |
[03:22] | So the olfactory consensus is that | 所以从嗅觉的角度 |
[03:23] | we should hold the bill signing in here, | 大家建议我们还是在这里举行法案签署仪式 |
[03:26] | additional photo sessions in the portrait gallery | 在肖像厅进行余下的拍照环节 |
[03:28] | – to make room for more press. – Okay. That’s great. | -以容纳更多的媒体 -好 这样很好 |
[03:30] | And one small thing I need to discuss with you | 我还要和你讨论一下婚礼的 |
[03:33] | about the wedding. | 一个小事 |
[03:35] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[03:37] | My daughter’s getting married, Russell! | 我的女儿要结婚了 拉塞尔 |
[03:40] | In two days. That’s, like, the day after tomorrow. | 两天后 那就是后天了 |
[03:43] | Yes, yes. | 是啊 |
[03:44] | It is exactly like that. Uh… | 确实如此 |
[03:47] | I know you got enough on your mind | 我知道你脑子里的事已经够多了 |
[03:49] | without last-minute requests, | 没法应付临时的要求了 |
[03:50] | but I have to ask you not to seat me with Carol. | 但我得请求你不要把我安排坐到卡罗尔旁边 |
[03:56] | Okay. Why? | 为什么 |
[03:58] | Because things haven’t been going so well lately, | 因为最近我们的关系不太好 |
[04:01] | and she would rather be at a distance from me. | 她宁愿离我远一点 |
[04:07] | I mean, how serious is it? | 这事有多严重 |
[04:09] | I’m at a hotel. | 我住在酒店呢 |
[04:12] | Oh, no. | 不会吧 |
[04:14] | Nah. I’ve been there before. | 以前也发生过 |
[04:17] | Named a suite for me at the Mayfair. | 梅费尔酒店用我的名字命名了一个套房 |
[04:21] | Blows over eventually. | 我们的矛盾最后总会烟消云散 |
[04:22] | Oh, Russell, I’m so sorry. | 拉塞尔 我很难过 |
[04:25] | Sort of afraid to ask: | 有点不敢问你 |
[04:28] | Is it because of the job? | 是因为这工作吗 |
[04:31] | It’s not not because of the job. | 不能说不是因为这工作 |
[04:35] | I don’t know how I could’ve gotten through | 没有你的话 我真不知我如何能 |
[04:37] | any of this without you, you know. | 挺过所有的这些 |
[04:42] | I feel bad. | 我感觉很抱歉 |
[04:46] | You know, maybe I should talk to Carol. | 也许我应该和卡罗尔谈谈 |
[04:48] | Oh, God, no. | 千万别 |
[04:49] | The only person she likes less than me right now is you. | 眼下你是她最不喜欢的人 |
[04:54] | Well, how long has this been going on? | 这情况有多久了 |
[05:05] | Carol! | 卡罗尔 |
[05:07] | Call the gardener! | 给园丁打电话 |
[05:08] | – It’s out of the question. – It’s temporary. | -这绝对不行 -只是临时的 |
[05:10] | Dalton was temporary. | 道尔顿时也是这么说的 |
[05:12] | – Only the second term. – What’s your point? | -只是第二任 -你想说什么 |
[05:14] | – This is different! – It’s always different. | -这次不一样 -每次都不一样 |
[05:17] | Except it’s never different. | 其实没什么不一样的 |
[05:18] | You had a heart attack, Russell. | 你得过心脏病 拉塞尔 |
[05:20] | – You almost died. – Yeah, and her daughter saved my life. | -你差点死了 -对 是她的女儿救了我 |
[05:23] | So you owe her? | 所以你欠她的 |
[05:24] | – Oh, come on, the first woman president, Carol. – Don’t you dare! | -可是第一位女总统 卡罗尔 -你敢 |
[05:27] | Just to get her on solid ground, and then I promise… | 一旦她站稳脚跟了 我保证… |
[05:29] | No. You have lost the right to promise me anything. | 不行 你已经没有资格向我作保证了 |
[05:33] | And you know what? | 跟你说吧 |
[05:34] | Your thousand broken promises | 你一次次食言 |
[05:36] | aren’t even the real problem. | 并不是真正的问题所在 |
[05:37] | The real problem is | 真正的问题是 |
[05:38] | that I have always come second to your job. | 我永远都没有工作来得重要 |
[05:41] | You have never once chosen me first, | 你从来没有把我放在第一位 |
[05:44] | and you never will. | 未来也不可能 |
[05:46] | It’s not a competition, Carol. | 这不是比赛 卡罗尔 |
[05:48] | Not anymore it isn’t. | 以后确实不会了 |
[05:50] | I quit. | 我退出 |
[05:58] | EPFL PSA, take one. | 《同工同酬及家事休假法》公益广告第一次 |
[06:03] | Welcome, everybody. | 大家好 |
[06:04] | I am so thrilled to have these voices supporting us | 今天我有幸邀请到支持我们法案的人士 |
[06:09] | in this… | 来到这… |
[06:12] | EPFL PSA, take seven. | 《同工同酬及家事休假法》公益广告第七次 |
[06:16] | Welcome, everybody. | 大家好 |
[06:17] | I am so thrilled to have these women here | 我非常激动能有幸邀请到我身边的几位女士 |
[06:19] | lending their voices to this cause. | 来支持我们的同权事业 |
[06:21] | We’re honored to be here, Madam President. | 这是我们的荣幸 总统女士 |
[06:23] | We’ve been speaking out about pay equity for a long time | 我们一直致力于在我们的工作领域 |
[06:25] | in our own profession, | 为同工同酬发声 |
[06:26] | but the problem is everywhere. | 但这是一个普遍存在的问题 |
[06:28] | The average American woman | 美国男性每赚取一美元 |
[06:29] | makes only 82 cents for every dollar earned by men. | 同等工作的女性平均只能挣八十二美分 |
[06:32] | And it’s even worse for minorities. | 少数人群面临的情况更加恶劣 |
[06:34] | African American women make 63 cents on the dollar. | 非裔女性只有六十三美分 |
[06:37] | That’s why we always say, | 这就是为什么我们要呼吁 |
[06:40] | “Equal work, Equal sweat, equal pay.” | “同样工作 同样付出 同样薪酬” |
[06:43] | You could steal that phrase, Madam President. | 总统女士 这个口号您可以拿去用 |
[06:45] | Well, I just might take you up on that. | 我觉得这个建议不错 |
[06:46] | And this act also provides for spousal leave. | 这一法案还规定了配偶假 |
[06:49] | We love that, | 我们很喜欢这一项 |
[06:50] | whether your partner’s your husband or your wife. | 不论你的配偶是丈夫还是妻子都一样 |
[06:54] | And cut. | 停 |
[06:55] | Thank you, ladies. That was wonderful. | 谢谢大家 非常棒 |
[06:57] | So sorry about that. | 抱歉刚才多说了 |
[06:58] | That’s right, you guys got married. | 你们说的对 你们结婚了 |
[07:00] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[07:01] | Thank you. We did it. | 谢谢您 我们成功了 |
[07:03] | Yeah. We took the plunge. | 没错 义无反顾 |
[07:04] | We are having a wedding– | 我们也马上要办婚礼 |
[07:07] | Well, we-we’re married, but our daughter Stevie | 我俩已经结过婚了 但我们的女儿斯蒂芬 |
[07:10] | is getting married in two days. | 两天后要举办婚礼 |
[07:11] | Two days? | 两天 |
[07:12] | You both seem really relaxed. | 你们看起来一点不紧张 |
[07:14] | Well, it’s all just a very well-rehearsed act. | 都是排练好的 走走过场而已 |
[07:16] | But I’m glad to see that it’s working. | 但我很高兴 这事成了 |
[07:18] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[07:20] | This is our special guest, Flo Avery. | 这位是我们的特邀嘉宾 弗洛·艾弗里 |
[07:23] | Ms. Avery, it is an honor to meet you. | 艾弗里女士 幸会 |
[07:26] | Call me Flo. | 叫我弗洛就好 |
[07:28] | Well, thank you, I will. | 谢谢 那我就改口 |
[07:30] | Uh, ladies, I want you to meet Ms. Avery– Flo, | 各位 这位是艾弗里女士 弗洛 |
[07:34] | who was born on August 18th, 1920, | 她出生于1920年8月18日 |
[07:37] | the exact day that the 19th Amendment was ratified. | 也就是第十九修正案获各州认可生效的那一天 |
[07:41] | Such an honor to meet you. | 幸会 |
[07:42] | So nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识您 |
[07:44] | I am so honored to be here today | 今天 我非常荣幸 |
[07:46] | in the presence of such fine examples of | 能邀请到诸位女性领导力 坚韧和福寿的典范 |
[07:49] | female leadership, fortitude and longevity. | 共聚到此 |
[07:54] | The Equal Pay and Family Leave Act | 《同工同酬及家事休假法》 |
[07:56] | will ensure greater opportunities for all women | 将确保 全国各地的女性 |
[07:59] | across our country. | 都享有更加广阔的机遇 |
[08:01] | Thank you for being here today. | 谢谢您参加 |
[08:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:04] | You guys, thanks for being here. | 感谢各位到场 |
[08:07] | I really appreciate it. | 衷心感谢 |
[08:08] | Thank you, everyone. Right this way. | 谢谢各位 请这边走 |
[08:10] | We will, uh, pick this up | 我们可以到肖像画廊 |
[08:11] | in the portrait gallery– quick as you can. | 继续讨论 大家尽快 |
[08:16] | Madam President, I just wanted to tell you that… | 总统女士 我想说 |
[08:23] | – May I sit, please? – Y-Yes, please. | -我能坐下说吗 -请坐 请 |
[08:25] | I never thought I’d live to see the day | 我从未设想过 这辈子能看到 |
[08:29] | when we would have a woman president. | 女性当选美国总统 |
[08:34] | Well, I’m very glad that you did. | 我非常高兴您见到了 |
[08:39] | However, now that I have, | 但是 在见证这一历史之后 |
[08:42] | I couldn’t be more disappointed. | 我感到极度失望 |
[08:47] | Don’t be patting yourself too hard on the back | 千万别因为这一项小小的法案 |
[08:50] | about this-this little bill. | 就得意忘形 |
[08:53] | It was passed by a house full of men. | 审批同意这一法案的 是一整屋子的男性 |
[08:58] | And it can be taken away just as easily. | 并且它随时可能被轻易推翻 |
[09:02] | It’s baked right into the Declaration of Independence | 有一个观念 是生根于《独立宣言》之中的 |
[09:06] | that all men… | 所有的人[直译为男人] |
[09:10] | are created equal. | 生而平等 |
[09:12] | And look what happened to the ERA. | 再看看《平等权利修正案》经历了什么 |
[09:14] | Couldn’t even get it ratified by the states. | 甚至无法在各州获批生效 |
[09:18] | Equal Pay Act, my foot. | 还谈什么《同工同酬法案》 难以置信 |
[09:22] | The Emancipation Proclamation didn’t end slavery. | 《解放奴隶宣言》并没有真正废除奴隶制 |
[09:27] | The 13th Amendment did. | 是第十三修正案废除的 |
[09:32] | As long as the Constitution | 只要我的平等权利 |
[09:34] | doesn’t guarantee my equality… | 没有受到宪法保护 |
[09:38] | …I see no reason to celebrate. | 我觉得完全没有必要庆祝 |
[09:45] | But… | 不过 |
[09:48] | thanks for the pen. | 谢谢你的笔 |
[09:55] | Hi. Uh, the venue just went down in flames. | 总统 场地被彻底烧毁了 |
[09:58] | I know. Did you see that coming? | 我知道 你预料到会发生这样的情况了吗 |
[10:01] | – Because I sure didn’t. – No. | -明显出乎我的意料 -我说的不是这个 |
[10:02] | Mike was worried about the soccer players. | 迈克一开始还担心两位足球运动员 |
[10:04] | I just got my ass handed to me by a centenarian. | 而我刚刚被一位百岁老人数落 |
[10:07] | No, the wedding venue just burned down to the ground. | 不我说的是 婚礼场地被烧毁了 |
[10:12] | Oh, come on. | 不是吧 |
[10:26] | Well, unfortunately, all that beautiful, original | 不幸的是 那个美丽 原生态 |
[10:29] | hand-hewn timber made excellent kindling. | 纯手工雕琢的场地付之一炬 |
[10:31] | The place burned to the ground in less than an hour. | 不到一个小时 烧得干干净净 |
[10:34] | Fortunately, no one was hurt. | 幸运的是 没有人员受伤 |
[10:35] | Well, we still have the caterer, | 筹备人还在 |
[10:36] | so we can just go full-court press on another venue. | 所以我们换个场地还是可以办 |
[10:39] | All right, well, what about postponing? | 不如 考虑一下推迟 |
[10:41] | No. That’s impossible. | 不 不行 |
[10:43] | People are already on their way in. | 大家都已经在过来的路上了 |
[10:45] | They’ve made hotel reservations, their schedules. | 已经预定好了酒店 安排好了时间 |
[10:48] | It’s a logistical nightmare. | 推迟简直是噩梦 |
[10:49] | – We can’t just… – But we-we don’t want to wait. | -我们不能简单就 -但是我们不想等 |
[10:51] | – Like… – Just keep making lists | -就像 -继续挑选 |
[10:52] | and calls until we find a new venue. | 联系 直到找到新场地 |
[10:54] | – There’s got to be someplace that’ll work. – Right. | -肯定能找到可行的地方 -好 |
[10:55] | Afraid that is not an option. | 这恐怕行不通 |
[10:57] | It takes three weeks minimum to clear a location. | 清场至少要花三周时间 |
[10:59] | Can’t we make some kind of emergency exception? | 就不能当作紧急例外处理吗 |
[11:01] | I mean, there has to be a way around the protocol. | 规矩是死的 但肯定能想办法绕开 |
[11:03] | Oh, yeah, in fact there is: | 确实有办法 |
[11:05] | You can get married anywhere you like | 只要你母亲不参加 |
[11:07] | as long as your mother doesn’t come to the wedding. | 你想在哪里举办婚礼都无所谓 |
[11:10] | – Don’t even think about it. No. – I’m not. | -想都别想 不行 -我没想 |
[11:12] | All right, look, in terms of secure venues, | 要说安全的场地的话 |
[11:15] | here are your options: | 有这么几个可选 |
[11:16] | Camp David – which has been dealing with | 戴维营 那里正在 |
[11:19] | an infestation of West Nile mosquitos… | 清除携带西尼罗河病毒的蚊子 |
[11:21] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[11:21] | …and the White House. | 或者白宫 |
[11:23] | That’s it? That’s… | 就这两个吗 真的是 |
[11:25] | Mount Weather, | 还有韦瑟山[总统核避难地下场所] |
[11:26] | if you like a windowless bunker. | 如果你喜欢没有窗户的地堡的话 |
[11:31] | So much for keeping it apolitical. | 这就是所谓的与政治无关吗 |
[11:34] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[11:36] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[11:38] | Your dad and I are gonna do everything in our power | 我和你爸 肯定会竭尽所能 |
[11:40] | to protect this wedding. | 确保婚礼正常进行 |
[11:42] | I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[11:44] | There will be no press and absolutely no politics. | 没有媒体报道 而且绝对不牵扯政治因素 |
[11:48] | It’s a political gold mine! | 这可是政治金矿 |
[11:50] | Invitations will be more sought after | 婚礼请柬绝对比威利·旺卡的 |
[11:51] | – than Willy Wonka’s golden tickets! – No! | -黄金礼券都要火爆 -不行 |
[11:53] | There will be no political interference in this wedding. | 这场婚礼绝对不牵扯政治 |
[11:55] | Is that clear? End of discussion. | 清楚了吗 没可谈的 |
[11:57] | Just keep the announcement simple | 对外公告尽量简单 |
[11:59] | and stress it’ll be a low-key event | 并且强调婚礼很低调 |
[12:00] | – for family and friends. – Yes, sir. | -仅限亲友 -好的 |
[12:02] | Thank you. That’s all. | 谢谢 就这样 |
[12:03] | Actually, it’s not. | 我还有一点想法 |
[12:05] | I’ve just been talking with Jody, | 我刚刚跟乔迪聊过 |
[12:06] | our Women’s Outreach director, | 女性发展办的主任 |
[12:08] | and I do have something else I want to discuss. | 我还有一些其他的事情想讨论 |
[12:11] | After my trip to the woodshed with Flo Avery | 在签约仪式后和弗洛·艾弗里 |
[12:14] | at the signing ceremony, | 谈过之后 |
[12:15] | I’ve been thinking about the ERA. | 我就在想《平等权利修正案》 |
[12:19] | Were you also thinking about mood rings and Supertramp? | 你也在想情绪戒指和超级游民乐队吗 |
[12:23] | Flo Avery was right. | 弗洛·艾弗里说得对 |
[12:25] | An amendment to the Constitution is the only way | 宪法修正案是公民自由 |
[12:28] | to make civil liberties permanent. | 唯一的永久保障 |
[12:30] | – Oh, no… – I think it’s a mistake. It’s a dead horse. | -不 -我觉得是个错误 白费劲 |
[12:33] | A lot of people don’t even know the history of it. | 很多人都不知道这段历史 |
[12:36] | Worst-case scenario: | 最差的情况是 |
[12:37] | they get an important civics lesson. | 他们上了一堂非常重要的公民课 |
[12:40] | What are they gonna do, impeach me? | 他们能怎么样 弹劾我吗 |
[12:42] | Oh… Oh, all right, okay. | 好吧 好 |
[12:43] | I think it could get traction, particularly with young people. | 我觉得能带来关注 尤其是年轻人 |
[12:46] | – You mean the non-voting bloc? – Not just kids. | -你是说不投票群体吗 -不只是小孩 |
[12:48] | 40-and-under. | 四十岁及以下 |
[12:50] | It’s not a dead horse to them. | 对他们并不是白费力 |
[12:51] | It could be a brand-new pony. | 可能是个新的机会 |
[12:53] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[12:57] | Saddle up. | 准备起来 |
[12:59] | And get happy. | 开心一点 |
[13:02] | – Good afternoon. – Good afternoon. | -下午好 -下午好 |
[13:04] | I am here today to announce | 今天我在此宣布 |
[13:05] | that I am reviving the ERA initiative. | 我要重新提案《平等权利修正案》 |
[13:08] | The first Equal Rights Amendment was introduced | 《平等权利修正案》是在1923年 |
[13:11] | in Congress in 1923, | 第一次在国会上被提出 |
[13:13] | and subsequently reintroduced in every session of Congress | 在随后的半个世纪之中 |
[13:18] | for half a century, | 每次国会议程都会被提及 |
[13:20] | until it finally passed both houses of Congress | 直到70年代初期 |
[13:23] | in the early 1970s. | 被参议院和众议院通过 |
[13:25] | But then it was only ratified by 35 states. | 但只有35个州批准 |
[13:28] | It needed 38 to pass. | 需要38个州才能通过 |
[13:30] | Since then, our society has made | 从那时起 我们的社会 |
[13:33] | so much progress toward equality of the sexes. | 在两性平等问题上进步了很多 |
[13:37] | It is about time we update the Constitution | 是时候来修正宪法 |
[13:40] | to reflect the reality that all people are created equal | 以反映出现实中所有的人生来平等 |
[13:45] | and shall be treated so under the law. | 这个平等应该受到法律的保护 |
[13:48] | The thing is, language matters. | 问题是 语言很重要 |
[13:51] | And the language of our Constitution | 我们的宪法上的语言 |
[13:53] | doesn’t go far enough to recognize the rights | 已经不能足以体现出 |
[13:55] | of all our citizens. | 全部公民的权利 |
[13:58] | Not yet. | 还不能 |
[13:59] | So I invite the American people to join me | 所以我邀请美国人民和我一起 |
[14:02] | in this overdue campaign for inclusion. | 参与到这场早该发生的运动 |
[14:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:08] | Oh, wow. That looks like something important. | 看起来像是什么重要的事 |
[14:10] | It’s a seating chart. | 这是坐席表 |
[14:12] | Stevie’s letting me help her with it. | 斯蒂芬让我帮她一下 |
[14:19] | Our daughter is getting married. | 我们的女儿要结婚了 |
[14:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:22] | We’re gonna have a son-in-law. | 我们要有女婿了 |
[14:24] | Yeah, I’m up to speed. Hey. | 对 我跟上节奏了 |
[14:25] | It’s me with an annoying update. | 我来给你看恼人的最新消息 |
[14:27] | Can’t wait. | 等不及了 |
[14:28] | Your new ERA initiative is facing a vocal public opposition | 你的新《平等权利修正案》提议遭到了 |
[14:31] | from none other than Ohio Senator Amy Ross, | 俄亥俄州参议员艾米·罗斯的公开反对 |
[14:33] | who is vowing to fight you in the Senate. | 她在参议院投的正是反对票 |
[14:35] | This would be a gratuitous alteration | 这是对宪法 |
[14:37] | of the Constitution. | 无正当理由的修正 |
[14:39] | And it’s entirely unnecessary. | 是完全不需要的 |
[14:41] | We should all be wary of rushing to | 我们应该警惕如此仓促地 |
[14:44] | alter this sacred document. | 修改这么神圣的文件 |
[14:47] | President McCord | 麦考德总统 |
[14:48] | is trying to stoke a political fight | 是想要激起一场 |
[14:50] | that will pointlessly divide this country | 会无谓地以性别分裂这个国家的 |
[14:52] | along gender lines. | 政治斗争 |
[14:54] | I intend to stop it dead in its tracks. | 我要把这场斗争扼杀在摇篮里 |
[15:02] | So, item next. | 下一件事 |
[15:03] | Heads-up from the IC that a coup is imminent in Venezuela. | 情报部门提示委内瑞拉即将发生一场政变 |
[15:06] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. How imminent? | 有多迫切 |
[15:08] | Well, General Julio Diaz has established | 胡里奥·迪亚兹将军发起了 |
[15:10] | a resistance movement and is publicly demanding | 反抗运动 并且公开要求 |
[15:13] | major concessions from President Alvarado | 阿尔瓦拉多总统在明天前 |
[15:15] | by tomorrow, or he’s threatening to unleash | 做出重大让步 不然他威胁表示 |
[15:17] | a civil war to topple the government, | 要发动内战来推翻政府 |
[15:19] | which could put our regional agreement in jeopardy | 这会使得我们的区域协议岌岌可危 |
[15:21] | just in time for the first daughter’s nuptials. | 还正好在第一女儿的婚礼之时 |
[15:24] | The hell it will. | 真是时候 |
[15:24] | Oh, wait, do you guys have a second | 等一下 你们有时间 |
[15:25] | to talk about wedding logistics? | 聊聊婚礼议程吗 |
[15:26] | I live for it. What’s the problem now? | 没问题 现在有什么问题 |
[15:28] | I-It’s not really a problem, really. | 其实不算是个问题 真的 |
[15:30] | It’s just that ever since this has become | 只是自从这变成了一场 |
[15:31] | a White House wedding, everybody is angling for a ticket; | 白宫婚礼后 所有人都想要入场券 |
[15:34] | I’m being flooded with requests. | 我被各种请求淹没了 |
[15:36] | Wouldn’t that be a wonderful way to lobby for the ERA votes? | 难道不是个好时机来游说修正案选票吗 |
[15:39] | Against the backdrop of a traditional wedding ceremony? | 在传统婚礼仪式的背景下 |
[15:41] | As if to say, “See? We can all be equal | 就像是在说 “看到没 我们都能平等 |
[15:43] | “And still participate in a time-tested, | 并且参与一场久经考验的 |
[15:44] | “Ancient, sexist ritual, | 古老的 性别歧视仪式 |
[15:46] | wherein a virginally attired | 在此一位穿着代表无暇的衣服的 |
[15:47] | woman is passed from one man to another.” | 女性从一位男性被传到另一位男性手里” |
[15:49] | – That is not what… – No! | -这不是… -不 |
[15:50] | The invite list is locked. What did I say? | 邀请名单已经确定了 我说什么来着 |
[15:53] | We are not politicizing this wedding. | 我们不能把这场婚礼政治化 |
[15:56] | And nobody’s having a damn coup. | 而且谁都不能发动政变 |
[15:59] | He’s starting to scare me. | 他开始让我害怕了 |
[16:04] | Senator Ross. | 罗斯参议员 |
[16:06] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[16:06] | Amy. And it’s always good to see you. | 叫我艾米 总是很高兴见到你 |
[16:09] | The Armed Services Committee is grateful | 军事委员会对你 |
[16:11] | for the work you do with the V.A. | 为退伍军人做的工作非常感激 |
[16:12] | Oh. Thanks. I’m glad to hear that. | 谢谢 很高兴得知这些 |
[16:14] | I’m on my way to the president now. | 我正要去见总统 |
[16:17] | Little early. | 来得有点早 |
[16:18] | Well, I hope you have a productive talk. | 希望你们能进行富有成效的讨论 |
[16:21] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[16:23] | Just curious. What’s your take on this? | 只是好奇 你对此什么看法 |
[16:26] | I’m 100% on board. | 我百分之百支持 |
[16:29] | Well, of course you’d have to be. | 当然你不得不支持 |
[16:32] | No. I’m a liberated first gentleman. | 不 我是思想自由的第一先生 |
[16:35] | Even though the 14th Amendment | 即便第十四修正案 |
[16:37] | already guarantees women equal rights? | 已经保证了女性的平等权利吗 |
[16:39] | Theoretically, it guarantees equal pay, | 理论上来讲 那保证了薪水的平等 |
[16:41] | but that hasn’t worked out so well. | 但那并没有执行的很好 |
[16:43] | I am concerned that the ERA will strip women | 我担心《平等权利修正案》会剥夺 |
[16:46] | of all of the legislative protections | 对于女性全部的法律保护 |
[16:48] | that we fought tooth and nail | 那些我们竭尽全力 |
[16:51] | Social Security benefits | 为了全职妈妈 正如我过去 |
[16:52] | for stay-at-home moms, which I was, | 还有寡妇 正如我现在 |
[16:54] | and widows, which I am. | 所争取来的社会福利 |
[16:57] | Uh, food subsidies. Uh, workplace safety. | 食物津贴 工作场所安全 |
[16:59] | They’re only necessary | 这些都只是在 |
[17:01] | to try to help level an uneven playing field. | 不公平竞争环境下才有必要 |
[17:03] | No. They’re necessary | 不 这些有必要 |
[17:06] | because of 10,000 years of evolution. | 是由于上万年的进化 |
[17:09] | Men and women aren’t the same, | 男人和女人就不是一样的 |
[17:10] | no matter how much we’d like to make it so. | 不论我们有多想让其一样 |
[17:13] | Sometimes separate is good. | 有时候区别对待是好事 |
[17:16] | But the proponents of the ERA, uh, don’t… | 但《平等权利修正案》的支持者们 |
[17:20] | don’t acknowledge that truth. | 不知道真相 |
[17:22] | And opponents don’t acknowledge that separate | 而反对者们不知道区别对待 |
[17:24] | is so often used as a pretext to prevent equality. | 常常用作阻止平等的借口 |
[17:28] | This isn’t about sexism. | 这不是性别歧视 |
[17:29] | It’s about reality. | 这是现实问题 |
[17:31] | The worst thing about this crusade is that it won’t work. | 这场运动最大的问题就是这没有用 |
[17:34] | It won’t fundamentally change biology | 这不能从根本上改变生理上 |
[17:37] | or the requirements of motherhood | 或是对母性的需求 |
[17:39] | or, uh, how men and women interact. | 或是男人与女人的相互作用 |
[17:42] | Because men and women are different. | 因为男人和女人是不同的 |
[17:45] | Yes. | 对 |
[17:46] | But different doesn’t mean inferior. | 但是不同并不意味着要低人一等 |
[17:49] | And women have been fighting to prove that they’re not | 而女人从这个国家的成立之初 |
[17:53] | since the inception of this country. | 就在斗争来证明她们并不低人一等 |
[17:56] | I find it odd | 我觉得很奇怪 |
[17:57] | that the first female president can’t acknowledge | 第一位女性总统竟不知道 |
[18:00] | the tremendous, tremendous progress we’ve made… | 我们经过的极其大量的努力… |
[18:03] | Of course she acknowledges it, | 她当然知道 |
[18:04] | but she also knows that we can’t keep fighting | 但是她也知道我们不能一直 |
[18:06] | case by case and bill by bill. | 一个案子一个案子 一个法案一个法案的闯关 |
[18:08] | Laws can be overturned, | 法律是可以被颠覆的 |
[18:09] | which is why we need to make equal stature | 这就是为什么我们需要让平等的地位 |
[18:12] | a fundamental tenet of our society. | 成为我们社会的基本原则 |
[18:15] | If the president overreaches, | 如果总统过了头 |
[18:17] | she can’t know what the cost will be. | 她就不知道代价是什么了 |
[18:20] | You have grandsons, right? | 你有孙子吧 |
[18:22] | Four. | 四个 |
[18:23] | Didn’t I read somewhere | 我好像读到过 |
[18:24] | that one of them won a national debate championship? | 其中一个赢了全国辩论赛冠军 |
[18:29] | Jonathan, yes. He’s a… | 乔纳森 是的 |
[18:31] | he’s gifted in rhetoric and argument. | 他在修辞和辩论方面很有天赋 |
[18:34] | Imagine that. | 想想 |
[18:35] | Yeah, um, because it was modeled for him | 是的 因为有一位伟大的女性 |
[18:38] | by a great woman. | 给他做榜样 |
[18:39] | Can you imagine how proud he’d be to know | 你能想象到 当他知道 |
[18:41] | that all of the opportunities that you fought so hard for | 你为之奋斗多年的这些机会被写入了宪法 |
[18:44] | were enshrined in the Constitution, | 而这一切很大程度都是因为你 |
[18:45] | largely because of you? | 他会多骄傲吗 |
[18:47] | Senator? | 参议员 |
[18:48] | The president is ready for you. | 总统可以见你了 |
[18:54] | I see what you’re doing, Henry. | 我明白你的意图 亨利 |
[18:57] | Not bad with the rhetoric yourself. | 你的修辞也不错 |
[18:59] | Oh, wait till you get a load of my wife. | 你跟我老婆过过招再下结论 |
[19:03] | It’s the rehearsal dinner. | 这是预演晚宴 |
[19:05] | Can you believe it? | 不敢相信 |
[19:06] | So sweet of you, by the way, to drive with Dad and me. | 你同意跟我和你爸一起来真是太好了 |
[19:10] | That means a lot. It’s very sweet. | 这很重要 非常贴心 |
[19:12] | Thank you. Yeah. Well, I, um… | 谢谢 是的 我… |
[19:14] | I thought that it would give us a chance to talk. | 我觉得能有机会谈一谈 |
[19:16] | – Absolutely. What’s on your mind? – Oh, listen, | -当然 你有什么想法 -听我说 |
[19:18] | sweetheart, no matter how old you get | 宝贝 无论你长到多大 |
[19:20] | or how many kids of your own you have, | 无论你生了几个孩子 |
[19:22] | you can always come to us with anything, about anything. | 你什么事都可以来找我们 什么事都行 |
[19:25] | I know. I know. Well, | 我知道 我知道 |
[19:26] | except for little problems in your marriage. | 你婚姻中的鸡毛蒜皮就算了 |
[19:27] | It’s not good to triangulate, | 掺和进去不太好 |
[19:28] | – so… – Well, no, not the little things. | -所以 -对 小事就算了 |
[19:29] | – You know, but everything else. – I just mean it’s better for… | -其他事都行 -我的意思是他们自己的事 |
[19:31] | – they work stuff out for themselves. – That’s what I’m saying. | -自己解决会更好 -我就是这个意思 |
[19:33] | Henry, I’m saying the big… | 亨利 我是说大方向 |
[19:34] | I mean, if she leaves the toilet seat up… | 如果她没把马桶垫圈放下来 |
[19:35] | – Guys. Guys. – But I-I’m not even interested… | -好了 好了 -我都不感兴趣 |
[19:37] | I get… I get… Thank you. | 我懂 我懂 谢谢 |
[19:39] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -好的 -谢谢 |
[19:41] | How’s the ERA going? | 《平等权力修正案》怎么样了 |
[19:44] | Oh, God, we’re not gonna talk about that tonight. | 天啊 我们今晚可不能讨论这个 |
[19:47] | That’s what I want to talk about. | 可我想聊的就是这个 |
[19:51] | Okay. Um… | 好吧 |
[19:53] | Senator Ross is being pretty intractable, | 罗斯参议员挺难搞的 |
[19:55] | and without the support of her caucus, | 没有了她的班子的支持 |
[19:57] | it’s an uphill battle. | 就很艰难了 |
[19:58] | We don’t have to think about that now. | 我们现在不用考虑这些 |
[20:00] | No. | 对 |
[20:01] | I heard that, you know, everybody in town | 我听说 大家都打破脑袋 |
[20:04] | is, like, angling for an invitation to the wedding, | 想要婚礼的邀请函 |
[20:06] | and that would kind of be, | 那样的话 |
[20:08] | like, a really good way to whip votes. | 也不失为争取票数的好方法 |
[20:09] | – We would never let that happen. – No, we wouldn’t. | -我们绝不会那样做的 -是的 不允许 |
[20:11] | – Never. – Don’t– Are you worried about that? Because… | -绝不 -你是担心这个吗 因为… |
[20:13] | I think maybe you should. | 我认为应该这样 |
[20:16] | I talked to Dmitri about it, and we agree. | 我跟迪米特里谈过这个问题 我们都同意 |
[20:19] | I mean, we can’t think of a better way to… | 我们认为这是致敬我们未来的家庭的 |
[20:23] | honor our future family, you know? | 最好的方式了 |
[20:26] | Especially if we end up having some baby women. | 尤其是我们要是有了女宝宝的话 |
[20:30] | Oh, I want those. | 我好想要女孙宝宝 |
[20:32] | We know. | 我们知道 |
[20:34] | – Baby men are pretty cute, too. – Oh, babe. | -男宝宝也挺好 -亲爱的 |
[20:36] | – Guys. – Why can’t… | -好了 -为什么不… |
[20:38] | Let’s just… let’s go get the votes. | 我们去争取投票吧 |
[20:40] | Please? | 好吗 |
[20:42] | – Anything for you. – Okay. | -你说得算 -好的 |
[20:43] | – And those babies. – Babe. | -还有宝宝 -亲爱的 |
[20:45] | Sir, I have the Venezuelan resistance leader, | 先生 委内瑞拉抵抗组织领导 |
[20:47] | General Julio Diaz, on the phone. | 胡里奥·迪亚兹将军的电话接通了 |
[20:51] | General, good evening! | 将军 晚上好 |
[20:52] | I know why you are calling, Mr. Jackson, | 我知道您打电话的目的 杰克逊先生 |
[20:54] | but it will be to no avail, let me assure you. | 但我向您保证 这是没有用的 |
[20:57] | The president has received his ultimatum, | 总统收到了最后通牒 |
[20:59] | and now it is time for action. | 现在是时候采取行动了 |
[21:01] | Well, I’m not calling about any of that. | 我打电话要说的不是这个 |
[21:03] | I just, uh, I just wanted to invite you | 我只是想邀请您 |
[21:04] | to a wedding at the White House. | 参加在白宫举行的婚礼 |
[21:06] | – A wedding? – Yeah, the, uh, president’s daughter’s getting married. | -婚礼 -是的 总统女儿要结婚了 |
[21:10] | It’s the hottest ticket in town. | 邀请函一票难求 |
[21:12] | We’ll have to get you on a plane right away, so… | 我们得马上给您订机票 |
[21:16] | that means you’ll have to postpone plans for the weekend. | 这就意味着您要推迟周末的计划 |
[21:19] | But, hey, White House wedding’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing. | 不过 白宫婚礼可是毕生难遇 |
[21:25] | Sadly, the same can’t be said of a coup. | 遗憾的是 政变就不一定了 |
[21:27] | I would be honored to attend. | 很荣幸受邀 |
[21:30] | I’m very happy to hear that. | 很高兴您能来 |
[21:32] | Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. | 期待着明天与您见面 |
[21:34] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:35] | I thought there weren’t supposed | 我以为婚礼不能涉及 |
[21:36] | to be any politics at this wedding. | 任何政治因素 |
[21:37] | Oh, trust me. That’s what I’m doing. | 相信我 这就是我的目的 |
[21:40] | If he’s at the wedding, he won’t be able | 他要是来参加婚礼 就没法 |
[21:42] | to start a civil war that will destabilize the region, | 发动破坏地区稳定的内战 |
[21:46] | force Elizabeth to miss everything but the wedding vows. | 害得伊丽莎白错过婚礼誓言 |
[21:49] | World only has to behave for 24 hours. | 全世界只要消停24小时就够了 |
[21:55] | Oh, for the love of God. | 我的个天老爷 |
[22:07] | Come on, man. | 来吧 哥们 |
[22:08] | You’re CIA. You can do this. | 你可是中情局的 没问题的 |
[22:09] | CIA doesn’t use medieval weaponry. | 中情局可不用中世纪兵器 |
[22:13] | You know, we don’t have this tradition in Russia. | 我们在俄罗斯就没有这种传统 |
[22:15] | Hatchet throwing? | 你是说扔斧子吗 |
[22:16] | No, bachelor parties. | 不 单身派对 |
[22:19] | Well, I couldn’t let you miss out, man. | 我不会让你错过的 哥们 |
[22:20] | – We’re gonna be brothers! – Yeah. | -我们马上就是兄弟了 -是啊 |
[22:21] | You found my cousin Vlad, and you got him here. | 你找到了我的表弟弗拉德 还把他弄过来了 |
[22:23] | He’s a fun dude. | 他这人挺逗的 |
[22:25] | A little too much fun, so… | 有点太逗了 所以 |
[22:27] | How do you guys say this in English? | 有句话你们用英语怎么说 |
[22:30] | You guys are kittens. | 你们就是娘们 |
[22:33] | Yeah, it’s something like that. | 是 差不多吧 |
[22:39] | Jason McCord! | 杰森·麦考德 |
[22:40] | What the hell are you thinking?! | 你们到底是怎么想的 |
[22:44] | It’s a bachelor party. | 这是单身派对 |
[22:45] | Hatchets? Seriously? | 斧子 开什么玩笑 |
[22:48] | For God’s sake, there’s a strip joint down the street! | 街头就有一家脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[22:51] | You want us to go to a strip joint? | 你想让我们去脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[22:53] | I want you to go home. | 我想让你们回家 |
[22:56] | Your Secret Service detail filled me in | 你们的特勤保镖告诉我 |
[22:58] | on how your night was shaping up. | 你们晚上玩什么花样 |
[23:00] | You are standing for photos with the President | 你们明天要和美国总统 |
[23:02] | of the United States tomorrow, and you are not | 站在一起合影 你们可不能 |
[23:05] | gonna be hung over or sporting hatchet wounds! | 一脸宿醉或者挂着被斧头伤到的彩 |
[23:08] | Go! | 走 |
[23:15] | Hello? | 喂 |
[23:16] | You will not believe the day I’ve had. | 你不会相信我今天是怎么过的 |
[23:19] | Suffice to say that stopping a coup | 可以说 最难的部分 |
[23:21] | wasn’t the most difficult part. | 不是阻止一场政变 |
[23:23] | Jason McCord decided that the only thing missing | 杰森·麦考德认为传统单身派对 |
[23:26] | from a traditional bachelor party was hatchet throwing. | 最不能缺少的环节是扔斧子 |
[23:31] | Russell, what are you doing? | 拉塞尔 你这是干什么 |
[23:35] | Just trying to pull this wedding off. | 努力为婚礼保驾护航 |
[23:38] | I want you to hear me say this. | 我想让你仔细听好 |
[23:44] | I’m not the person you tell about your day anymore. | 我已经不是听你叨叨一天是怎么过的哪个人了 |
[23:48] | Understand? | 明白了吗 |
[23:50] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[23:52] | All of it. | 都结束了 |
[24:01] | Oh, my goodness. Look at you. | 天啊 看看你 |
[24:05] | – Mom… don’t. – You’re in your wedding dress. My baby. | -妈 别这样 -你穿着婚纱 宝贝 |
[24:09] | – Mom, I mean it. – And this dress… | -妈妈 我说真的… -这条礼服… |
[24:10] | – Do not say anything sentimental, okay? – This is… | -别煽情好吗 -这条… |
[24:12] | – I’m not– no. – We can do this later, | -我没有…没 -我们过会再说 |
[24:14] | but I am not gonna cry before the wedding. | 婚礼前我可不要哭 |
[24:15] | No, no, it’s too soon to cry. | 不 不 现在哭还太早了 |
[24:17] | We’re not gonna cry right now. That’s… | 我们现在不能哭 那可… |
[24:19] | – Mom! – Look at you! | -妈妈 -看看你 |
[24:21] | The dress okay? | 裙子可以吗 |
[24:22] | I was working on it till midnight. | 我忙活到半夜 |
[24:23] | Perfect. | 非常好 |
[24:25] | Sisters. | 姑娘们 |
[24:26] | – Mom! – I know. I know. I know. I know. | -妈妈 -我知道 我知道 |
[24:34] | Come on! | 快来 |
[24:35] | I can’t believe it. | 简直难以相信 |
[24:37] | – I can’t believe you came all this way. – Oh, come on. | -真不敢相信你大老远来了 -拜托 |
[24:40] | – Are you kidding? I wouldn’t miss this. – Oh, Jay. | -开什么玩笑 我怎么能错过 -杰伊 |
[24:42] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[24:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:45] | – Hey. – Hey. | -你好 -你好 |
[24:46] | But I-I have to say it. | 不过不得不说 |
[24:47] | I leave for five minutes, | 我才离开几分钟 |
[24:48] | and you almost get yourself impeached? | 你就差点被弹劾了 |
[24:50] | Well, clearly, you were the glue. | 很明显 你很重要 |
[24:52] | By the way, there was a massive, uh, rally in Amsterdam | 顺便说一下 弹劾听证会期间 |
[24:55] | during the impeachment hearings. We were in it. | 在阿姆斯特丹有一场大型集会 我们去了 |
[24:56] | I thought I saw your faces on the news. | 我就觉得在新闻上看到你们了 |
[24:58] | You’re gonna see a lot more of our faces soon, | 你很快就会经常看到我们了 |
[25:00] | ’cause I’m on a house-hunting mission. | 因为我在找房子 |
[25:01] | We’re moving back! | 我们要搬回来了 |
[25:02] | Oh, Jay, that’s fantastic! | 杰伊 太棒了 |
[25:04] | Annelies is having a baby. | 安娜丽丝怀孕了 |
[25:07] | What?! | 什么 |
[25:08] | – Oh, my goodness! – We’re having a baby. Isn’t that something? | -上帝啊 -我们有孩子了 很棒吧 |
[25:11] | – Oh, my gosh. Here, here, here. – Chloe’s excited. | -天哪 喝一杯吧 -克洛伊很激动 |
[25:13] | Oh… gosh. | 天哪 |
[25:15] | So if you know anybody who’s looking for a policy wonk, | 如果你知道有谁在找政策研究者 |
[25:17] | will you put in a good word for me? | 能替我推荐推荐吗 |
[25:19] | Anybody’d be lucky to have you. | 能请到你的人会很幸运 |
[25:23] | Well, here is to… | 让我们敬… |
[25:26] | everything. Cheers. | 一切美好 干杯 |
[25:27] | I’ll drink to that. | 我要为此干杯 |
[25:28] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[25:29] | Wow. They’ll let anybody in the White House. | 他们真的会让任何人进白宫啊 |
[25:33] | – How are you? – Good to see you. Yeah. | -你怎么样 -见到你真高兴 |
[25:34] | Oh, you’re looking very West Coast. | 你看起来很有西海岸的感觉嘛 |
[25:36] | – Oh, I’m gonna take that as a compliment. – Yes. | -我就当你在夸我咯 -是的 |
[25:38] | Matt, you remember my fiancé, Trevor? | 马特 记得我未婚夫吧 特雷弗 |
[25:40] | Trevor. Oh, wait. The-the… the finance guy from college. | 特雷弗 等等 大学里学金融的家伙 |
[25:42] | Oh, wow. I’m sure that was a flattering story. | 我想这是称赞我的故事吧 |
[25:45] | – Good to see you, man. – Good to see you, too. | -很高兴见到你 兄弟 -我也是 |
[25:46] | So, how’s Hollywood treating you? | 好莱坞是怎么待你的 |
[25:53] | Ah, they’re treating me like royalty. It’s weird. | 他们像尊重皇室那样待我 很奇怪 |
[25:55] | They love Washington. | 他们超爱华盛顿 |
[25:57] | I mean, I just got staffed on this sci-fi show | 我才参与的科幻节目 |
[25:58] | about the first robot president called Computer in Chief. | 叫《计算机统帅》 内容是关于第一个机器人总统 |
[26:02] | It’s pretty cool. | 很酷啊 |
[26:03] | Oh, political shows are never accurate. | 政治节目从来都不准确 |
[26:04] | – So how about you? Where did you land? – Uh, home. | -你呢 在哪待着呢 -在家 |
[26:07] | Turns out, being exonerated from a crime | 事实证明 被宣告无罪 |
[26:09] | doesn’t get as much press as being accused of one. | 并不像被指控有罪那样受到媒体关注 |
[26:11] | It’s gonna take a few months for the stigma to wear off, | 需要几个月的时间所谓的污点才能散去 |
[26:13] | but in the meantime, I’m just enjoying being a mommy. | 不过 我还挺享受安心做个妈妈 |
[26:16] | Well, there’s always Dancing with the Stars. | 《与星共舞》永不过时 |
[26:19] | Not there yet. | 还没到那个阶段 |
[26:19] | You should do Dancing with the Stars. | 你应该放《与星共舞》 |
[26:22] | What is this? A hair of the wolf? | 干什么呢 以酒解酒 |
[26:24] | Um, okay, we say “Dog.” | 好吧 我们说以毒攻毒 |
[26:27] | And also, no, it’s just coffee. | 而且不是 只是咖啡 |
[26:28] | I’m still hurting a little. Did you get a spray tan? | 我还是有点头疼 你去美黑了吗 |
[26:32] | This is what you do in America. | 在美国就要跟上潮流啊 |
[26:34] | – Jason? – Okay, cool. | -杰森 -好吧 酷 |
[26:35] | Did I see something on your Instagram about hatchets? | 你的照片墙上是发布了短柄斧的内容吗 |
[26:37] | Yeah, that’s… | 是 那… |
[26:39] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[26:40] | Uh, Uncle Will, Cousin Vlad. | 威尔舅舅 这位是弗拉德堂兄 |
[26:44] | Nice tan. | 皮肤晒得不错 |
[26:45] | Hey, Russell, this is my son Zach. | 拉塞尔 这是我儿子扎克 |
[26:47] | – Hey, Russell has my old job. – Dad, I know. | -拉塞尔接了我的工作 -爸爸 我知道 |
[26:49] | It’s nice to meet you, sir. | 见到你很高兴 先生 |
[26:50] | Likewise. | 我也是 |
[26:52] | Uh, this is General Julio Diaz from Venezuela. | 这位是委内瑞拉的胡里奥·迪亚兹将军 |
[26:55] | Encantado, general. | 很高兴认识你[西班牙语] 将军 |
[27:02] | Gracias, joven. | 谢谢 年轻人[西班牙语] |
[27:04] | This is Zach? | 这就是扎克 |
[27:06] | The kid you always described as a fat loser? | 那个你总是形容成胖屌丝的孩子 |
[27:08] | Yeah, I don’t know what happened. He got tall. | 我不知道怎么回事 他长高了 |
[27:10] | He also got into Yale. Mostly because of lacrosse, | 他还进了耶鲁大学 主要是因为长曲棍球 |
[27:12] | but he seems to be learning stuff. | 不过看起来他在学习呢 |
[27:13] | So, when do we start whipping votes? | 我们什么时候开始拉票呢 |
[27:15] | Uh, after the ceremony. | 仪式结束后 |
[27:17] | We’ll let the booze and the, uh… | 我们可以先借助酒和… |
[27:19] | – the “I do’s” Soften them up first. – Genius. | -“我愿意”让他们放下防备 -聪明 |
[27:31] | I can’t tell you how much it means to us | 你能来主持婚礼 |
[27:34] | that you’re doing this. | 对我们太重要了 |
[27:35] | Are you kidding? It’s an honor. | 别说笑了 这是我的荣幸 |
[27:37] | I got my ordination back in the ’60s when it was all the rage, | 我在六十年代非常流行的时候获得神职 |
[27:40] | but for some reason, no one’s asked me to officiate | 但是不知道为什么 很长时间 |
[27:42] | – in a long time. – I don’t know. | -都没人请我主持婚礼 -不知道 |
[27:43] | Maybe they thought you were busy. | 可能他们觉得你很忙吧 |
[27:46] | Uh, forgive me for talking shop, but I wanted you to know | 原谅我又要说回政治话题 但是我想告诉你 |
[27:48] | how much I’m with you on the ERA initiative. | 我非常赞同你的《平等权利修正案提案》 |
[27:52] | – I know how embattled you might feel. – Thank you. | -我知道你有多紧张 -谢谢 |
[27:55] | Just don’t let anyone tell you you’re tilting at windmills. | 别让任何人说你在和假想敌作战 |
[27:59] | I appreciate that. | 非常感谢 |
[28:02] | Well, what do you say? | 怎么样 |
[28:05] | Should we get these kids married? | 让这两个孩子成婚吧 |
[28:26] | You’re so beautiful! | 你太漂亮了 |
[28:28] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[28:41] | Ladies and gentlemen, uh, | 女士们 先生们 |
[28:43] | we are gathered here today to witness | 我们今天聚在这里 |
[28:44] | the love and commitment of these | 见证两位聪慧杰出的年轻人 |
[28:47] | two bright, shining, young people, | 爱与承诺的过程 |
[28:50] | who represent everything we love about this country | 他们代表了我们对这个国家的爱 |
[28:53] | and everything we hope for its future. | 和对未来的希望 |
[28:55] | No pressure. | 别有压力 |
[28:58] | Stevie and Dmitri are part of a generation | 斯蒂芬和迪米特里这一代人 |
[29:01] | who will remake marriage as a more equal partnership. | 将重塑婚姻 使之成为更平等的关系 |
[29:06] | But, goodness knows, | 但是 大家都知道 |
[29:07] | the world has heard me talk enough, | 世界已经听够了我说话 |
[29:08] | so I invite you to say your vows. | 所以请你们说出你们的誓言吧 |
[29:15] | Dmitri… | 迪米特里… |
[29:17] | I’m so grateful that we found each other again. | 很感激我们重逢了 |
[29:19] | I’ve always been a little bit afraid of good things, so… | 我一直都对美好的事情有点担忧 |
[29:25] | Like, Christmas made me nervous. | 比如圣诞节就让我紧张不安 |
[29:28] | And, uh, get anxiety about vacations, because… | 假期让我焦虑 因为… |
[29:33] | great things will inevitably come to an end. | 美好的事物终会结束 |
[29:38] | When you left for Alaska, | 当你离开去往阿拉斯加时 |
[29:40] | and I thought I was never gonna see you again, | 我以为我再也见不到你了 |
[29:43] | and I was suddenly just drowning | 我突然陷入这种 |
[29:47] | in this feeling that I-I’d been | 我一生都在努力避免的 |
[29:49] | trying so hard to avoid for my whole life. | 情绪之中 |
[29:55] | So I struggled | 所以我挣扎过 |
[29:57] | coming back to you. | 是否要回到你身边 |
[29:59] | You know, the fear | 因为担心 |
[30:00] | of losing you twice. | 再次失去你 |
[30:04] | But a good friend gave me some advice. | 不过有一位好朋友给我一些建议 |
[30:06] | He told me that Jane Austen was wrong about love, | 他说简·奥斯汀关于爱的理解不对 |
[30:09] | and that I had to let you go. | 我应该放手 |
[30:11] | But, uh, in defiance of his advice– | 但是不顾他的建议 |
[30:14] | sorry, Blake– | 抱歉 布莱克 |
[30:16] | I’d like to finish | 我要用简的原话 |
[30:17] | with Jane’s own words. | 收尾 |
[30:22] | “I must learn to be content | “我必须学会满足于 |
[30:26] | with being happier than I deserve.” | 比我值得的快乐更快乐一些” |
[30:29] | So, thank you for making me happier than I deserve. | 谢谢你让我比我值得的更快乐 |
[30:46] | Well, mine’s going to be a lot shorter. | 我的誓词要简短很多 |
[30:53] | When I look at you, I see a life | 我看着你时 就看到了 |
[30:54] | I never dared to dream of for myself. | 我自己连做梦都不敢想的生活 |
[30:57] | You and your family | 你和你的家人 |
[30:58] | have done more for me than I could put into words. | 为我所做的一切 我难以言表 |
[31:03] | Thank you for bringing me life. | 谢谢你让我重生 |
[31:06] | I will never leave you again. | 我永也不会离开你 |
[31:10] | I am home. | 我回家了 |
[31:27] | Well, that settles it. | 好 那就一言为定了 |
[31:29] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[31:30] | I still have to ask. Stevie, do you… | 我还是要问 斯蒂芬 你愿意… |
[31:32] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[31:34] | Me, too. | 我也愿意 |
[31:35] | Then by the power vested in me | 那就凭着《滚石》杂志封底的 |
[31:37] | by an ad in the back of Rolling Stone magazine… | 广告赐予我的权利 |
[31:41] | …I pronounce you married. | 我宣布你们结为夫妇 |
[31:42] | You may kiss each other equally. | 你们可以平等地亲吻对方了 |
[31:57] | ♪ Someday ♪ | ♪ 某天 ♪ |
[31:59] | ♪ When I’m awfully low ♪ | ♪ 我情绪非常低落 ♪ |
[32:03] | ♪ When the world is cold… ♪ | ♪ 世界如此冷酷… ♪ |
[32:06] | Okay, I’m gonna carve out the next ten minutes | 好 接下来我要用十分钟时间去 |
[32:09] | to lobby the senators. | 努力说服那些参议员 |
[32:11] | – Uh, I think the three of us should split up. – Oh. Hey, go dance. | -我觉得我们三个应该分头行动 -去跳舞吧 |
[32:12] | We got it. We got this. | 交给我们 交给我们吧 |
[32:13] | No, Mom, I want to, okay? | 不 妈妈 我想去 行吗 |
[32:14] | So, I’m gonna take Senator Cupp, | 那我负责卡普参议员 |
[32:16] | uh, ’cause his wife is active in the human rights community, | 因为他妻子在人权组织很活跃 |
[32:18] | and she already likes me. | 而且她对我有好感 |
[32:19] | – Ride the guilt. That’ll play. – Yep. | -利用她的愧疚感 很有用 -好 |
[32:21] | You take Senator Randall. | 你负责兰德尔参议员 |
[32:22] | – I happen to know he’s a huge fan of yours. – Okay. | -我碰巧知道他是你的忠粉 -好 |
[32:25] | Senator Ripley is an egomaniac | 里普利参议员是极端利己主义者 |
[32:27] | who only responds to power. | 他只对权力感兴趣 |
[32:28] | Sounds like the job for a president. | 听起来这是总统的活 |
[32:30] | How about two? | 两个总统一起上怎么样 |
[32:32] | Once more unto the breach. | 我们又要共赴战场了 |
[32:34] | Everybody in on three. | 我数三下大家一起上 |
[32:35] | That’s– Yeah, that was probably too much. | 这样 对 也许太过了 |
[32:37] | There goes one impressive gene pool. | 那里有个了不起的基因库 |
[32:39] | It is that. Hey. | 没错 |
[32:42] | Go get in good with the middle one. | 去跟二女儿搭个讪 |
[32:45] | Get us in this family. | 我们要跟他们变成一家人 |
[32:49] | ♪ I may not always love you ♪ | ♪ 我可能不会永远爱你 ♪ |
[32:54] | ♪ But long as there are stars above you ♪ | ♪ 只要天上有星光闪烁 ♪ |
[33:00] | ♪ You never need to doubt it ♪ | ♪ 你就不用怀疑 ♪ |
[33:05] | ♪ I’ll make you so sure about it ♪ | ♪ 我的爱绝对只属于你 ♪ |
[33:11] | ♪ God only knows… ♪ | ♪ 只有上帝知道… ♪ |
[33:14] | I’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[33:15] | I have a pitch for your next chapter. | 我对于你以后的人生有点想法 |
[33:18] | Um, just curious. How long were you in Hollywood | 我有点好奇 你在好莱坞待了多久以后 |
[33:20] | before you started using the word “Pitch”? | 开始用”想法”这个词的 |
[33:23] | You got to play the game you’re in. | 入乡随俗嘛 |
[33:25] | And, look, it brings me to the point. | 我要说重点了 |
[33:27] | Los Angeles is the place you go | 你应该去洛杉矶 |
[33:29] | to reinvent yourself. | 开始新生活 |
[33:32] | Like I said, they got this thing about D.C. | 就像我说过的 他们知道华盛顿的这些事 |
[33:35] | I think you could be a big hit. | 我觉得你会很火的 |
[33:36] | Uh, doing what? | 那我该做些什么 |
[33:38] | We can start a podcast. | 我们可以开个播客 |
[33:40] | About two Washington insiders who got out. | 关于两个离开华盛顿的局内人 |
[33:43] | I’m gonna call it Washington Insiders-Out. | 我打算叫它《华盛顿局内人大爆料》 |
[33:45] | Yeah, no, you’re not. | 对 不 你不会 |
[33:47] | Okay, then you pick the name. | 好 那你想个名字 |
[33:51] | Daisy, the sun shines every day there. | 黛西 那里天天都阳光灿烂 |
[33:53] | The houses have yards for dogs and kids. | 房子都有院子 适合孩子和狗 |
[34:02] | And I miss you. | 而且我想你 |
[34:03] | ♪ What I’d be without you. ♪ | ♪ 没有你我会怎样 ♪ |
[34:07] | Attention, everyone! | 大家请听我说 |
[34:09] | Everyone, may I have your attention? | 各位 请听我说 |
[34:12] | I would like to make a toast | 我想对新婚夫妇说一段 |
[34:14] | to the newlyweds. | 祝酒词 |
[34:19] | So… | 话说 |
[34:22] | Thomas Aquinas walks into a bar. | 托马斯·阿奎那[中世纪著名神学家]走进酒吧 |
[34:25] | Bartender pours him a big goblet of mead | 酒保给他倒了一大杯蜂蜜酒 |
[34:28] | and says, “How you doing?” | 说”你还好吗” |
[34:29] | Aquinas says, “Oh, not so great. | 阿奎那说”不太好 |
[34:30] | “I’ve been working on this treatise for seminarians. | 我一直在为这些神学院学生写论文 |
[34:34] | “Uh, basically explains all the major points of Catholicism. | 基本上解释了天主教的所有主要观点 |
[34:37] | “It could be the most important | 这可能是我们这个时期 |
[34:38] | “Theological document of our time. | 最重要的神学文献 |
[34:41] | “I even thought of the perfect title. | 我还想了个完美的标题 |
[34:44] | “Summa Theologica. | 《神学大全》 |
[34:47] | “So, I-I finish it, and I misplaced it. | 于是我写完了 然后放错地方了 |
[34:51] | “I can’t find it anywhere, and I can’t understand | 我到处都找不到 而且我无法理解 |
[34:54] | “Why God would inspire me to do this | 上帝为什么要激励我写这篇论文 |
[34:58] | “And then allow it to be taken away. | 然后又要带走它 |
[35:00] | What is God trying to tell me?” | 上帝到底想告诉我什么” |
[35:02] | Bartender says, | 酒保说 |
[35:04] | You win summa, you lose summa.” | “你得到了大全 又失去了大全” |
[35:10] | I never, I never get his jokes. | 我从来都听不懂他的笑话 |
[35:12] | No. I… | 对 我… |
[35:13] | Stevie, Dmitri, this is what I know | 斯蒂芬 迪米特里 这就是我 |
[35:15] | about marriage and life. | 对婚姻和人生的理解 |
[35:17] | You win summa, you lose summa. | 你总会有得有失 |
[35:19] | But the true test of character is | 但对人格的真正考验是 |
[35:21] | how you celebrate the victories | 你们如何庆祝胜利和 |
[35:23] | and endure the losses. | 承受失败 |
[35:25] | And believe me when I tell you, | 信我这句话 |
[35:27] | both are better when shared with someone | 只要跟心爱的人一起分享 胜利和失败 |
[35:28] | that you love. | 就会变得更美好 |
[35:31] | You know, one of the things that I admire | 我很羡慕阿奎那的一件事 |
[35:32] | – about Aquinas… – Oh, Henry. | -就是 -亨利 |
[35:34] | Uh, come on– was that he was inspired to teach beginners. | 拜托 他受到启发去教导那些初学者 |
[35:38] | Now, you guys are hardly beginners at life. | 当然 你们不算是人生的初学者 |
[35:45] | But you’re beginners at marriage. | 但你们是婚姻的初学者 |
[35:51] | This is your first day… | 今天是你们 |
[35:53] | as a wife and husband. | 成为夫妇的第一天 |
[35:56] | Begin this journey with caring | 用关心 耐心 爱 欢笑和 |
[35:59] | and-and patience and love and laughter | 强烈的好奇心去 |
[36:02] | and passionate curiosity. | 开始这段旅程吧 |
[36:05] | Be each other’s teachers. | 成为彼此的老师 |
[36:08] | And know that you are surrounded by people in this room | 要知道今天在这里围绕在你们身边的 |
[36:12] | who love you, who will teach you. | 都是爱你们的人 都会教导你们 |
[36:19] | And invite us over a lot, would you? | 多邀请我们过去做客 好吗 |
[36:20] | And especially your mom. | 特别是你妈妈 |
[36:23] | You know, in my family, I was, uh, | 你们知道 在我家里 我被看作是 |
[36:25] | sometimes known as the Stevie whisperer. | 跟斯蒂芬说悄悄话的人 |
[36:29] | So, without further ado… | 好 言归正传 |
[36:42] | May God bless you | 愿上帝保佑你们的结合 |
[36:43] | with a long and happy union. | 长久而幸福 |
[36:47] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[37:04] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[37:05] | the first dance for the first newlyweds, | 请欣赏新婚夫妇的第一支舞 |
[37:09] | Stevie and Dmitri. | 有请斯蒂芬和迪米特里 |
[37:19] | ♪ I wonder how you’re feeling ♪ | ♪ 我不知道你感觉如何 ♪ |
[37:23] | ♪ There’s ringing in my ears ♪ | ♪ 但我耳里嗡嗡作响 ♪ |
[37:27] | ♪ And no one to relate to ♪ | ♪ 却没人可以倾诉 ♪ |
[37:30] | ♪ ‘Cept the sea ♪ | ♪ 除了大海 ♪ |
[37:35] | ♪ Who can I believe in? ♪ | ♪ 我能相信谁 ♪ |
[37:39] | ♪ I’m kneeling on the floor ♪ | ♪ 我跪在地板上 ♪ |
[37:43] | ♪ There has to be a force ♪ | ♪ 必须有一股力量 ♪ |
[37:46] | ♪ Who do I phone… ♪, | ♪ 我该打给谁… ♪ |
[37:50] | Russell. | 拉塞尔 |
[37:52] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 我能跟你聊聊吗 |
[37:55] | ♪ And all I really want… ♪ | ♪ 而且我真的很想… ♪ |
[37:56] | Look, I know, uh… | 我知道 |
[37:59] | I know you don’t want to hear about my days anymore. | 我知道你不想再听我聊我的生活了 |
[38:03] | I just… | 我只是 |
[38:06] | I just wanted you to know why I’ve been killing myself | 我只想让你知道我为什么宁愿死也要 |
[38:08] | to make sure this wedding goes off | 确保这场婚礼不受到任何 |
[38:10] | without any political interference. | 政治影响 |
[38:12] | It’s ’cause… | 是因为 |
[38:14] | I realize how much politics | 我明白政治对我俩的生活 |
[38:17] | got in the way of my life with you. | 造成了多大的影响 |
[38:20] | I mean, hell, | 我是说 该死 |
[38:22] | I missed the best man’s speech at our own wedding | 我错过了伴郎在我们婚礼上讲的话 |
[38:25] | ’cause the poll numbers were coming in | 因为就在那时候得梅因市议会选举的 |
[38:27] | from the Des Moines city council election. | 民调数据来了 |
[38:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:31] | Yeah. | 对 |
[38:33] | ♪ Well, I can see no reason… ♪ | ♪ 我找不到任何理由… ♪ |
[38:37] | You’re right. I… | 你说得对 我… |
[38:41] | I never… | 我从来没有… |
[38:43] | chose you first. | 把你放在第一位 |
[38:46] | And now that I’ve lost you, | 现在我失去了你 |
[38:49] | I realize that none of it mattered then, | 我意识到如果不能跟你分享 |
[38:52] | and none of it matters now | 当时的一切都没有意义 |
[38:56] | if I can’t share it with you. | 现在的一切也都没有意义 |
[39:00] | ♪ A fool to play this part ♪ | ♪ 傻傻地扮演着这个角色 ♪ |
[39:02] | So, starting today… | 所以 从今天开始 |
[39:07] | ♪ Someone thought of healing… ♪ | ♪ 有人想治愈… ♪ |
[39:09] | If you will let me, | 如果你愿意 |
[39:11] | I am choosing you… first. | 我会把你放在第一位 |
[39:17] | Now and for the rest of my days. | 现在和我余生的每一天 |
[39:19] | ♪ Show me the way ♪ | ♪ 为我指路 ♪ |
[39:22] | ♪ I want you… ♪ | ♪ 我需要你… ♪ |
[39:23] | Here’s proof. | 这是证据 |
[39:26] | It’s my resignation letter to the president. | 这是我写给总统的辞职信 |
[39:31] | I’ll believe it when I see it. | 我要看到你交给总统了才会相信你 |
[39:34] | ♪ Day after day… ♪ | ♪ 日复一日… ♪ |
[39:39] | Madam President, I’m sorry about the timing, | 总统女士 很抱歉这个时候打扰你 |
[39:43] | but I have to tender my resignation. | 但我必须提交辞呈 |
[39:51] | It’s been an honor to serve you. | 为您服务是我的荣幸 |
[39:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:56] | I… | 我 |
[39:58] | reluctantly accept this napkin. | 非常不情愿的接受这张餐巾纸 |
[40:03] | Carol, thank you for your sacrifice. | 卡罗尔 谢谢你的付出 |
[40:08] | He’s all yours. | 他都归你了 |
[40:11] | ♪ Right here today ♪ | ♪ 此时此刻 ♪ |
[40:16] | ♪ I watch you when you’re sleeping ♪ | ♪ 我看着你入睡 ♪ |
[40:19] | ♪ That’s when I want to take your love ♪ | ♪ 这一刻我多想带走你的爱 ♪ |
[40:23] | ♪ Oh, won’t you ♪ | ♪ 你愿意吗 ♪ |
[40:27] | ♪ Show me the way ♪ | ♪ 为我指路 ♪ |
[40:31] | ♪ I want you ♪ | ♪ 我需要你 ♪ |
[40:33] | May I have this dance? | 能请你跳支舞吗 |
[40:35] | ♪ Show me the way… ♪ | ♪ 为我指路… ♪ |
[40:39] | ♪ I want you ♪ | ♪ 我需要你 ♪ |
[40:43] | ♪ Day after day ♪ | ♪ 日复一日 ♪ |
[40:47] | ♪ I want you ♪ | ♪ 我需要你 ♪ |
[40:51] | ♪ Day after day ♪ | ♪ 日复一日 ♪ |
[41:07] | – Ma’am. Oh, hey, Henry. – Hey. | -总统 你好 亨利 -你好 |
[41:09] | – Well, I have some cautiously good news. – I’ll take it. | -我有些谨慎乐观的消息 -说吧 |
[41:11] | The ERA is officially gonna pass both houses. | 两院要正式就《平等权利修正案》进行投票 |
[41:13] | We have the votes. | 我们得到了一些选票 |
[41:14] | Well, I would say that’s officially good news. | 我觉得这是正式的好消息 |
[41:17] | But now we’re up against ratification, | 但现在我们还面临着让它获批的挑战 |
[41:18] | and the polling on that isn’t as promising. | 而且该法案的民调看来并不乐观 |
[41:19] | Which means | 这意味着 |
[41:22] | that we’re gonna have to have a strong ground game. | 我们要进行一场激烈的地面战 |
[41:24] | And I’ve been doing a little thinking. | 而且我也在想该怎么办 |
[41:26] | You just feel free to tell me if you think it’s crazy. | 如果你觉得这太疯狂 尽管告诉我 |
[41:29] | Whistle-stop tour. | 来个短暂停留的巡访如何 |
[41:32] | You mean, like… like, on a train. | 你是说坐火车 |
[41:34] | Full Teddy Roosevelt. | 去泰迪·罗斯福走访过的所有地方 |
[41:35] | And Truman and Dwight. | 还有杜鲁门和德怀特 |
[41:36] | Taft? | 那塔夫脱呢 |
[41:37] | – Well, Taft. – No, not Taft. | -好 塔夫脱 -不 没有塔夫脱 |
[41:43] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎样 |
[41:47] | I think it has a lot of character, | 我觉得这很有个性 |
[41:50] | just like the president. | 就像总统干的事 |
[41:51] | Oh, you’re very good at this job. | 你非常擅长这项工作 |
[41:55] | Thank you. I’m on it. | 谢谢 我去安排 |
[42:00] | Ready for a road trip? | 准备来个公路旅行吗 |
[42:01] | Sure. | 当然 |
[42:03] | Have to do something while we’re waiting for grandkids. | 总得干点什么来打发等外孙外孙女的时间 |