时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | I know you said to call at night, but, uh, | 我知道你让我晚上打电话给你 但是 |
[00:42] | I haven’t been alone. | 我昨晚不太方便 |
[00:44] | I understand. I have a moment. | 我理解 现在我还能挤出时间 |
[00:48] | So how is she? | 她怎么样 |
[00:49] | Well, it’s only been a short period in therapeutic time. | 我们只进行了很短的治疗周期 |
[00:52] | But she’s making progress? | 她有改观吗 |
[00:54] | She’s not particularly forthcoming yet. | 还是没有真正的敞开心扉 |
[00:57] | What has she been talking about? | 她都说了什么 |
[00:59] | Mostly, she seems consumed with petty jealousies | 她的精力大多消耗在了嫉妒心理上 |
[01:02] | And overwhelmed with everyday activities. | 被每天繁杂的生活折磨 |
[01:05] | Basically, | 大体上讲 |
[01:05] | we’re dealing with the emotions of a child here. | 我们现在面临的是一个小孩的情感世界 |
[01:09] | She wasn’t always like this. | 她并不总是这样 |
[01:11] | Well, we’re finding that this kind of | 我们逐渐发现这种忧郁的症状 |
[01:13] | anxiety is not uncommon in housewives. | 在家庭主妇身上很常见 |
[01:15] | And let’s not forget, | 还有别忘了 |
[01:16] | the death of a parent is extremely destabilizing. | 母亲的故去对她来说是个多么大的打击 |
[01:20] | So that’s it. | 就这样吗 |
[01:21] | Well, that’s the beginning, certainly. | 当然这只是开始 |
[01:23] | As she becomes more forthcoming, we may be able | 随着她变得更放得开了 我们也许就能 |
[01:25] | To shed some light on the deeper issues as she talks more. | 从她说得越来越多的话里发现更深层的问题 |
[01:28] | – There are deeper issues? – Usually. | -还有更深层的问题吗 -通常是这样 |
[01:31] | These are not groundbreaking revelations, Mr. Draper. | 我们还没碰触到最根本的问题 德雷柏先生 |
[01:34] | I’m concerned, obviously. | 很明显 我很关心这事 |
[01:38] | Of course. We both are. | 当然 我们都一样 |
[01:39] | Time and talk. that’s what I recommend right now. | 我现在的建议就是多花时间和她谈心 |
[01:42] | And again, evenings are better for me. | 再次重申 最好是晚上打给我 |
[01:44] | Well, I appreciate your time. | 好的 感谢您的宝贵时间 |
[01:52] | Mona, I am drinking my milk right now. | 莫娜 我正喝牛奶呢 |
[01:56] | Go to Mim’s. Bring the heiress. | 去米姆那儿散散心吧 带上女儿 |
[02:01] | The montclair air might wipe the scowl off her face. | 蒙特克莱尔的空气也许会冲淡她脸上的愁容 |
[02:06] | Knock, knock. | 我能进来吗 |
[02:08] | Call me from there. | 到了再打给我吧 |
[02:10] | I’ll try to make it out by sunday afternoon. | 我尽量在星期天下午赶过去 |
[02:13] | I just got off the phone with UFC, | 我刚给UFC那边打过电话 |
[02:16] | And they’re having the nixon boys | 他们会让尼克松那帮人 |
[02:18] | stop by at the end of week. | 在这个周末赶到 |
[02:20] | – With Nixon? – No, thank god. | -尼克松也来吗 -谢天谢地 他不来 |
[02:21] | Otherwise, I’d have to move the piano out of my office. | 否则 我得把钢琴扔出我的办公室了 |
[02:28] | Hopefully, he’ll decide he needs us. | 但愿他会给我们用武之地 |
[02:31] | Well, the ones with the best product make the worst clients. | 拥有最好商品的客户才是最难应付的 |
[02:34] | Stop smoking so much. | 少抽点烟 |
[02:36] | It’s a sign of weakness. | 这是底气不足的表现 |
[02:39] | You know how Hitler got Neville Chamberlain | 你知道希特勒怎么让内维尔·张伯伦 |
[02:41] | to give him everything at munich? | 将慕尼黑拱手相让的吗 |
[02:43] | He held the conference at an old palace that forbid smoking. | 他将会场设置在了一个禁烟的老宫殿里 |
[02:48] | And after an hour and a half of not smoking, | 在经过90分钟的禁烟折磨后 |
[02:51] | Neville chamberlain would have given | 内维尔·张伯伦甚至会答应 |
[02:53] | Hitler his mother as a dance partner. | 让他老妈陪希特勒跳舞 |
[02:56] | All I can get from this story is that Hitler didn’t smoke. | 这个故事告诉我们 希特勒不抽烟 |
[03:00] | And I do. | 而我抽 |
[03:03] | Good night, peanut. | 再见 死顽固 |
[03:17] | Last one to Chung Lee’s | 谁最后一个到李钟那 |
[03:19] | gets to wheel Kenneth Cosgrove, | 谁就给肯尼思·科斯格罗夫推车 |
[03:21] | Published author, home in a baby carriage. | 出版作家 住在婴儿车里 |
[03:24] | hardy-har-har. | 好冷的笑话啊 |
[03:43] | – Hello there. – Good news. | -你好啊 -好消息 |
[03:46] | Mona and Margaret are going out of town for the weekend. | 莫娜和玛格丽特去城外过周末去了 |
[03:48] | Mona’s mother fell down the steps. | 莫娜妈妈在台阶上摔倒了 |
[03:50] | – You’re really blessed. – Come on over. | -你真走运 -来我这吧 |
[03:53] | I’ll put on my whites. | 我会穿得一身全白 |
[03:53] | We’ll pretend it’s V.J. day. | 我们一起假装这是抗战胜利日 |
[03:58] | What goes in there, an aspirin? | 那里面装的是什么 阿司匹林吗 |
[04:00] | I suppose I could have taken a | 我想 这个周末我能带着 |
[04:01] | suitcase anywhere this weekend. | 这个箱子到处转转去 |
[04:03] | And I don’t mean your apartment. | 而你家除外 |
[04:05] | I got us a couple of sandwiches, | 我带了些三明治 |
[04:06] | and filled thermos for the train. | 还灌满了热水瓶 以备火车上用 |
[04:08] | Mr. Sterling, this is Carol, my roommate. | 斯特林先生 这是我室友卡罗 |
[04:11] | Nice to meet you, Carol. | 见到你真高兴 卡罗 |
[04:14] | Miss Holloway, I have an accounting question. | 霍洛韦小姐 我在账务上面有个问题 |
[04:21] | We will go away, not tonight, | 我们可以离开这 不是今晚 |
[04:24] | but some weekend coming up. | 在接下来的某个周末 |
[04:25] | Puerto Rico? | 波多黎各 |
[04:27] | I don’t care if it’s Cuba. | 即使是古巴我也不在意 |
[04:29] | I need a little notice. | 我只是不想引起别人太多的注意 |
[04:30] | You’ve got a lot of rules, red. | 你已经够规矩的了 小甜心 |
[04:36] | Be good, girls. | 听话哦 姑娘们 |
[04:40] | I don’t mind you staying late, | 我不介意你加班 |
[04:41] | just as long as you’re not trying | 从我们身上混取晚餐补助 |
[04:42] | – to milk us for the dinner money. – It’s work. | -那就不行了 -是为了工作 |
[04:44] | Just because tomorrow’s friday doesn’t mean I expect | 别看明天是星期五 我可不想 |
[04:46] | To be pulling your head off the keys in the morning. | 一大早上将你的头从键盘上拉起来 |
[04:49] | What are you doing tonight? | 今晚什么安排 |
[04:51] | Uh, working and going home. | 工作之后回家 |
[04:53] | I’ll let you enjoy that one, honey, | 加班愉快 亲爱的 |
[04:55] | but I was talking to Donald here. | 但我刚刚是在和唐纳德说话呢 |
[05:00] | – I’m on the 5:31. – Reservations at home. | -准时赶上回家的那班车 -留在家里 |
[05:02] | I’ve had those. easiest ones to break. | 我可受够了 该找个更容易的乐子了 |
[05:05] | Besides, they love it when you | 另外 当你让他们猜不透的时候 |
[05:06] | keep them guessing. It adds spice. | 她们就更难自拔了 这是计策 |
[05:08] | Trying to get me in trouble? Betty’s cooking. | 你想让我犯错误啊 贝蒂做饭了 |
[05:09] | One drink. you owe me that. | 就喝一杯 你还欠着我呢 |
[05:13] | – Did I miss something? – No. | -我错过了什么吗 -没有 |
[05:15] | Don and I talk all the time when you’re not around. | 唐纳德和我总是在你不在时才会滔滔不绝 |
[05:16] | In fact, we’re gonna do it right now. | 事实上 现在也一样 |
[05:18] | Don? Shall we? | 唐纳德 借一步说话 |
[05:20] | – Well, good night, boys. – Good night, Paul. | -再见 小伙子们 -再见 保罗 |
[05:22] | I love doing that. | 真爽啊 |
[05:28] | You seem like a busy little girl. | 你看起来很忙 |
[05:30] | Draper pushing you around enough? | 德雷柏是不是把你逼得太紧了 |
[05:32] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:34] | Burning the midnight oil is not good for your skin. | 熬夜对你的皮肤可没有好处 |
[05:36] | Oh, no, it’s… | 不 这不过 |
[05:38] | It’s for something else. I’m working on copy. | 是为了别的事情 我在做些仿写的工作 |
[05:41] | On your own? | 独立完成吗 |
[05:43] | Mr. Rumsen liked what I did in the brainstorming thingy. | 卢门森先生对我在”头脑风暴”中的表现很满意 |
[05:46] | Sanitary napkins? | 卫生棉那次 |
[05:48] | – No. lipstick. – What did I say? | -不 是口红 -我说的是什么 |
[05:50] | It’s the belle jolie account. | 就是”妙龄佳人”那个牌子 |
[05:53] | Mr. Campbell, | 坎贝尔先生 |
[05:54] | your wife called from the Four Seasons. | 你老婆从四季酒店打电话过来 |
[05:56] | – They’ve been seated. – Thank you, Hildy. | -他们已经就座了 -谢了 希迪 |
[06:00] | Want me to take a look at it? | 要我帮你参谋参谋吗 |
[06:02] | I do it for a lot of the fellas. | 我帮这里很多人都参谋过 |
[06:05] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:06] | Yeah. really. | 当然了 |
[06:08] | That would be super. | 那太好了 |
[06:10] | Well, we’re all in it together. | 我们要齐心协力 |
[06:22] | Two! | 两杯 |
[06:29] | So they fired all the guys in the middle | 那他们炒了那些中层人员 |
[06:31] | and moved up their mailroom staff. | 并且在薪水上涨之前 |
[06:33] | Right before all the salaries got expensive. | 给邮件收发室里的人都升了职 |
[06:36] | Smart. | 真精明啊 |
[06:37] | Is that what we’re gonna do? | 我们也会这么做吗 |
[06:41] | We’re not going to do anything. | 我们什么也不需要做 |
[06:49] | At a certain age, they lose that. | 到了一定年龄 她们会连这也失去 |
[06:52] | What? | 什么 |
[06:54] | That glow of pure youth. | 纯真年纪的光彩 |
[06:57] | It’s like they hit 30 | 好像她们一到了30岁 |
[06:58] | and somebody puts out a light. | 那种光彩就会忽然黯淡 恍如灯灭 |
[07:04] | I don’t think those two have 30 years between them. | 我不觉得这两个女人年纪差了30岁啊 |
[07:06] | Polka dots looks like a lot of fun. | 穿圆点图案的貌似很有意思 |
[07:10] | Yeah, you’ll have to let me know. | 是啊 你真应该让我知道啊 |
[07:13] | Jesus, you must be starving. | 天呐 你一定饿坏了吧 |
[07:16] | I know I am. what’s Betty making? | 我可真有点饿了 贝蒂做什么吃的了 |
[07:19] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[07:22] | Mona hasn’t cooked | 自从玛格丽特厌食之后 |
[07:23] | since Margaret stopped eating. | 莫娜就再也没下过厨了 |
[07:24] | They’re fighting it out. I’m the one that gets hurt. | 她们为此争吵不休 而受伤害的是我 |
[07:32] | I’ll call betty. Tell her we’ll be three. | 我给贝蒂打个电话 告诉她我带你回去 |
[07:35] | No! | 不用 |
[07:38] | You sure? Are you kidding? | 你确定吗 你只是在开玩笑吧 |
[07:41] | She’ll be thrilled. | 她会很高兴的 |
[07:43] | When’s the last time she saw you? | 她应该很长时间没见到你了 |
[07:45] | We’ll take my car. Save you train fare. | 我们开车去 省了你的车票钱了 |
[08:05] | – My eyes are burning. – That’s impossible. | -我眼睛火辣辣地痛 -那不可能 |
[08:08] | That better not be daddy saying he’s going to be late. | 最好不是你爸爸说要晚些回来 |
[08:12] | Don’t do gymnastics in the house. | 不要在家里面做体操运动 |
[08:17] | Draper residence. | 这是德雷柏家 |
[08:20] | You are coming home, right? | 你马上就回家了 是吧 |
[08:21] | Yes. I’m coming home. | 对 我马上回家 |
[08:24] | Unfortunately, Roger has decided | 不幸的是 罗杰说 |
[08:26] | he needs a homecook meal. | 他想吃顿家常便饭 |
[08:28] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[08:30] | I don’t know if I have enough food. | 我不知道是否有足够的东西吃 |
[08:31] | Birdie, what do you put in that freezer I bought you? | 宝贝 我给你买的冰箱里 你都放了什么 |
[08:35] | Frozen food. | 速冻食品 |
[08:37] | What do you want me to say? | 你还想让我说什么呢 |
[08:53] | Betty, this steak… | 贝蒂 这份牛排 |
[08:55] | You sure you don’t want some? | 你确定不来点吗 |
[08:56] | No, thank you, Roger. | 不 谢谢 罗杰 |
[09:00] | I’m a vegetarian sometimes. | 有时我是个素食者 |
[09:01] | Mona has a little calorie book | 莫娜有一些关于热量方面的书籍 |
[09:03] | she keeps on the refrigerator. | 总是放在冰箱上 |
[09:04] | Always has her nose in there. | 总是看到她在埋头苦读 |
[09:07] | Maybe she wants to look good for you. | 也许她是想讨好你 |
[09:09] | Isn’t that a nice thought? | 这是个美好的想法吗 |
[09:11] | I was pudgy as a girl, if you can believe it. | 你能相信吗 我曾经是个胖乎乎的女孩 |
[09:15] | I came into home-ec in the eighth grade | 8年级的时候我回学校去上学 |
[09:16] | With a pattern for big girl pajamas. | 带了一件尺寸肥大的睡衣 |
[09:18] | The teacher asked who I was making the pajamas for. | 那个老师问我那件睡衣是为谁准备的 |
[09:21] | I didn’t realize how much weight I’d lost that summer. | 我都没意识到那个夏天我掉了多少体重 |
[09:24] | Swim camp, I guess. | 我猜是游泳夏令营的功劳 |
[09:26] | I went from tadpole to pollywog that year. | 让我破茧成蝶了 |
[09:29] | Sounds like a lateral move. | 听起来像是无心插柳的变化 |
[09:31] | When I was little, | 我小的时候 |
[09:31] | in the summer we used to swim at night. | 我们常常在夏天的晚上去游泳 |
[09:33] | In a pool, not the ocean. | 在水塘里 而不是在海里面 |
[09:35] | Warm air, | 温暖的气息 |
[09:37] | Light dancing in the blue… | 满天繁星闪烁 |
[09:39] | Night swimming. it’s divine. | 在夜里游泳 很神圣 |
[09:42] | Sometimes naked. | 有时会裸泳 |
[09:44] | Believe me, on those nights,it was very difficult to go to sleep. | 很难相信 那些夜晚 真的很难入睡 |
[09:48] | You ever experienced that, don? | 你体验过那种感觉吗 唐 |
[09:50] | Trouble sleeping? never. | 睡眠出问题吗 从来没有 |
[09:53] | Your husband’s a funny son of a bitch, | 你丈夫真他妈太有趣了 |
[09:54] | you know that, Betty? | 你知道吗 贝蒂 |
[09:55] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:56] | We used to swim in a quarry. | 我们过去常在采石场游泳 |
[09:59] | By the way you drop your g’s every once in a while, | 不过看你时不时透露出来的流氓劲 |
[10:02] | I always thought you were raised on a farm. | 我还以为你在农场里长大的呢 |
[10:04] | Someplace with a swimmin’ hole. | 那种有游泳洞穴的地方 |
[10:12] | What do you say we go to a commercial break… | 广告插播时间 我们休息一下好了 |
[10:14] | Brought to you by more liquor? | 去给你再拿点酒来 |
[10:20] | You two. | 你俩啊 |
[10:24] | Oh. jesus, don’t tell me it’s your anniversary. | 天呐 别告诉我说今天是你们的纪念日 |
[10:28] | – No. – Don’t worry. | -不是 -别紧张 |
[10:29] | Sally got this frosting machine. | 萨丽弄了个霜糖机 |
[10:32] | Oh. “mommy and daddy. “ | “妈妈和爸爸” |
[10:34] | Simple, to the point, colloquial. | 简单而且直白的表达 |
[10:36] | She writes like her father. | 她写作风格像她爸爸 |
[10:45] | I’ll get hers. you get your own. | 我给她点 你就靠你自己了 |
[10:48] | Three on a match. | 三对佳偶 [电影名] |
[10:51] | Never understood that. | 我从未弄明白 |
[10:54] | Is that like three on a horse? | 是不是就像三个人骑马一样 |
[10:56] | Trench war. first war. | 壕沟战 第一次世界大战的时候 |
[10:59] | They used to say, | 人们常说 |
[11:00] | “first man lights up, they notice you. | “第一个点火的人只会引起敌人的注意” |
[11:03] | “second man, jerry takes aim. | “第二个 瞄准 |
[11:04] | Third one… auf wiedersehen. “ | 第三个 玩完了” |
[11:06] | But the professional wisdom says that one of our guys | 但官方说法是 那不过是 |
[11:09] | Came up with that, as a way to sell matches. | 为卖火柴而想出来的广告语罢了 |
[11:11] | You tell your kids there’s no santa claus? | 你告诉你的孩子们没有圣诞老人吗 |
[11:13] | He’d never do that. | 他从未那么做 |
[11:17] | Tell us another story. a true one, though. | 再给我们讲一个故事 但要真实的 |
[11:22] | Well, my father was in the trenches. | 我父亲就曾在战壕里呆过 |
[11:27] | With a bayonet. | 拿着一个刺刀 |
[11:30] | Think about that. | 想象一下 |
[11:32] | Poking a man to death three feet away from you. | 刺死一个离你3英尺远的人 |
[11:36] | What does that sound like? | 听起来什么感觉 |
[11:39] | Don never talks about the war. | 唐从来没说过关于战争的事 |
[11:41] | The war? his war, you mean. | 战争 你是说他生意上的事 |
[11:44] | Not much to say. | 没什么好说的 |
[11:46] | You boys used up all the glory. | 风光的总是你们 |
[11:48] | We did, didn’t we? | 是吗 |
[11:50] | Of course my old man will always have one on me–that bayonet. | 当然我父亲总是拿着个刺刀对着我 |
[11:55] | My biggest hit came when we were running oil | 我最风光的那次是在南中国海的 |
[11:58] | Down to the islands in the south china sea. | 一个岛屿上探寻石油 |
[12:00] | The pacific was all about gasoline. | 那时太平洋就是石油的代名词 |
[12:02] | People forget that. | 人们常常会忘记这些 |
[12:06] | You know what? I don’t like to talk about it, either. | 其实我也不想谈起这些 |
[12:11] | Oh, dear. I’m sorry. | 亲爱的 抱歉 |
[12:14] | Not much. | 没什么 |
[12:16] | Now you have to tell us. | 那就继续说下去 |
[12:20] | Well, the third day we picked | 第三天我们侦察到一架飞机 |
[12:23] | up a dina circling the convoy, | 围绕着护航舰旋转 |
[12:25] | uh, a recon plane. | 是一架侦察机 |
[12:27] | They were mapping us for the nip | 他们在测绘地形 为潜艇 |
[12:29] | suicide submarine up ahead, | 进行自杀式袭击而做着准备 |
[12:30] | Kaitens… basically, warheads with motors. | 那些潜艇都装备了制导导弹 |
[12:35] | Made us feel good to know we had such a dedicated enemy. | 有这么无畏的敌人 我们都感觉很棒 |
[12:37] | That’s one way of thinking about it. | 确实能这么去想 |
[12:40] | Maybe I was bored, but I thought, | 也许我无聊了 我当时在想 |
[12:43] | “we should get that little plane.” | “我们应该打下那架飞机” |
[12:44] | Bored? what about scared? | 无聊 难道没有害怕的感觉吗 |
[12:46] | That never comes in to these stories. | 你故事里从未出现过的字眼 |
[12:48] | You’re making me look bad in front of the lady. | 你让我在女士面前面子保不住 |
[12:50] | That’s impossible. finish your story. | 不会的 把故事讲完吧 |
[12:55] | Well we gave it to them, | 接着我们正对着飞机 |
[12:57] | right at 12 o’clock. | 进行射击 |
[13:00] | He was going away from us, but we hit him. | 他正想逃走 但我们击中了他 |
[13:01] | I watched him dive into the waves | 我看真他一头扎进海浪里 |
[13:03] | just beyond the horizon. | 消失在地平线处 |
[13:04] | It was strange, | 那感觉很奇怪 |
[13:05] | because we knew it was over for him, | 因为我们知道他必死无疑了 |
[13:09] | But we didn’t see or hear much. | 但是既没有挣扎也没有嚎叫 |
[13:11] | The next four hours, | 接下来的四个小时里 |
[13:12] | I took us off course, just to swing by. | 我带着我们的人在海里四处搜寻 |
[13:15] | Looking for a hole in the ocean, I guess. | 可能是想在海里找到一个洞 |
[13:18] | We saw the wreckage. | 我们找到了飞机残骸 |
[13:21] | no chute, no body. | 却没有降落伞和尸体的踪迹 |
[13:24] | It’s incredible that something | 那么重的东西漂浮在海上 |
[13:25] | that heavy can float. | 简直令人难以置信 |
[13:30] | Isn’t that something? | 那很了不起 |
[13:31] | – Bet they gave you a medal. – They did. | -我打赌你赢得了一个勋章 -是的 |
[13:34] | But not for that. it was for drinking. | 但不是因为那个 是为了赞赏我能喝酒 |
[13:38] | Can something be done about this sadness? | 为了祭奠这份悲伤 能再喝一杯吗 |
[13:40] | Want to switch to gin? | 改喝松子酒了 |
[13:44] | Did you check the golf bag? | 看看高尔夫球袋里有没有藏几瓶 |
[13:46] | I might have something out in the | 也许我在车库里存了几瓶 |
[13:47] | garage left over from new years. | 新年剩下来的酒 |
[13:52] | I don’t care if it has ants in it. | 就算是里面爬满了蚂蚁我也不介意的 |
[13:53] | Roger, please, the kids. | 小声点 罗杰 孩子们睡了 |
[14:08] | Sally will be happy her cake was such a hit. | 萨丽会为她的蛋糕这么受欢迎而感到高兴的 |
[14:11] | Make sure you tell her | 你一定要告诉她 |
[14:13] | I ate the “m” in “mom. “ | 我把她”妈妈”那两个字吃掉了 |
[14:16] | Roger… | 罗杰 |
[14:17] | I can’t believe you’ve had two babies. | 我真不敢相信你都有两个孩子了 |
[14:21] | Don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[14:23] | You’ve been making eyes at me all night. | 你一晚上都在对我眉目传情 |
[14:26] | You can’t tell me that I’m not giving you hot pants. | 别告诉我你对我没有心痒难耐 |
[14:30] | You smell so good. | 你的香味让我神魂颠倒 |
[14:34] | I can make more coffee. | 我再煮点咖啡 |
[14:36] | I just want you to know that when I go to sleep tonight, | 我只想让你知道我今晚睡觉的时候 |
[14:38] | I will be thinking all about you. | 满脑子都会想着你的 |
[14:55] | Where’d you go, to Russia to get that? | 你去哪了 去俄罗斯弄的吗 |
[14:58] | No, I ran down the street | 没有 我跑遍了整条街 |
[14:59] | knocking on doors. | 挨家挨户敲门 |
[15:08] | Come on, you two. come on out here and wish me a bon voyage. | 你俩 过来啊 过来祝我一路顺风 |
[15:15] | I was just saying what a lucky man you are. | 我刚才还说你是个多幸运的男人啊 |
[15:17] | Beautiful children. enjoy it. | 孩子乖巧 好好珍惜 |
[15:22] | One minute you’re drinking at a bar, | 一分钟前 你还在酒吧里喝酒 |
[15:23] | And they come and tell you your kid’s been born, | 他们过来告诉你 说你的孩子出生了 |
[15:25] | Next thing you know, they’re heading off to college. | 下一分钟 他们就到了要上大学的年龄了 |
[15:35] | Well, I should be on my way. | 我该走了 |
[15:37] | I’ll take this for the road. | 我带着这个 路上喝 |
[15:40] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你出去 |
[15:49] | Magical night. | 难以忘怀的夜晚 |
[16:02] | That’s my car. | 那是我的车 |
[16:06] | There you go. | 这回对了 |
[16:10] | Lights! | 车灯 |
[16:26] | – What was that? – What? | -刚才怎么回事 -什么 |
[16:29] | That. him. | 刚才 他 |
[16:32] | Felt like someone turned the oven on when | 我拿着酒回来时 |
[16:33] | I came back in here with that bottle. | 感觉这里的气氛太过暧昧 |
[16:35] | – That’s ridiculous. – Bullshit. | -无理取闹 -胡扯 |
[16:38] | Nothing happened, Don. | 什么事也没有 唐 |
[16:40] | Other than your drunk boss ruining our evening. | 除了你醉醺醺的老板破坏了我们的夜晚 |
[16:42] | Can we leave it at that? | 我们能不说这个了吗 |
[16:44] | You seemed to be having a grand time. | 你看起来挺享受这个夜晚的 |
[16:49] | I liked the wine. | 我享受的是红酒 |
[16:50] | You made a fool of yourself. | 你这是自欺欺人 |
[16:52] | Why would you say that? | 为什么你要这么说 |
[16:53] | You were throwing yourself at him. | 你完全被他迷住了 |
[16:55] | giggling at his stories. | 他讲的故事 你笑个不停 |
[16:57] | I was being friendly. he’s your boss. | 我只是比较友好 他是你的老板 |
[16:59] | I don’t like to be treated that way in my own home. | 我可不想在我的家里被别人戴绿帽 |
[17:03] | I know what I saw. | 我相信我的眼睛 |
[17:07] | You want to bounce me off the walls? | 你想把我推到墙上吗 |
[17:11] | Would that make you feel better? | 那样会让你更好受些吗 |
[17:20] | Sometimes I feel like I’m living with a little girl. | 有时我觉得自己和一个小女孩住在一起 |
[17:35] | Humps, where were you last night? | 小骆驼 昨晚去哪了 |
[17:37] | I had a dinner with my in-laws | 我和岳父母在四季酒店 |
[17:40] | at the Four Seasons, poolside. | 泳池旁吃晚餐 |
[17:43] | Sounds refreshing. | 听起来很新鲜啊 |
[17:45] | Norman mailer, Mayor Wagner. | 有诺曼·梅勒 还有瓦格纳市长 |
[17:47] | The naked and the dead. | 裸者和死者 |
[17:50] | – What’s in the box? – It’s a wedding present. | -盒子里装的什么 -新婚贺礼 |
[17:53] | – We got two. – But what is it? | -收到了两件一样的 -那到底是什么 |
[17:55] | – It’s a chip and dip. – Let me see. | -是薯条盘 -我看看 |
[17:58] | – Are you serious? – Yeah! | -你确定吗 -当然 |
[17:59] | I might have to go to somebody else’s wedding. | 我说不定什么时也会去参加别人的婚礼 |
[18:01] | I like to know what people are returning. | 我想看看人们常常会退掉哪类礼品 |
[18:09] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:11] | I don’t know what to say. you got two of these? | 我无话可说了 你收到了两个这玩意儿 |
[18:14] | – What is it? – You have your fingers in your ears? | -这是什么啊 -你刚才没听到我说的 |
[18:16] | It’s a chip and dip. You have your friends over. | 是薯条盘 你朋友到你家做客 |
[18:18] | You put chips on the sides and dip in the middle. | 你把薯条放到两边 把酱放中间蘸 |
[18:22] | – Dip? – Yes. | -蘸 -对 |
[18:24] | We went to these peoples’ house, and they had one. | 我们以前去朋友家就有这个 |
[18:26] | It had sour cream with these little brown onions in it. | 里面放着酸奶油和褐色洋葱 |
[18:29] | It was very good. | 很好吃的 |
[18:31] | You’ll have to give me that recipe sometime. | 看来你得给我配方才行 |
[18:34] | Cost 22 bucks. | 这东西得22美元 |
[18:36] | – Shit! – So. | -不是吧 -所以 |
[18:38] | I’m going to return it. | 我得去把它退掉 |
[18:39] | Today? Freddy Rumsen’s cousin | 今天 弗雷迪·拉姆森的表妹 |
[18:41] | works at general mills. | 在通用磨坊公司工作了 |
[18:42] | We’re all going to Ratazzi’s for lunch. | 我们都去拉塔齐餐厅吃午饭为她庆祝 |
[18:44] | – Maybe dinner. – No. | -也可能是晚餐 -不行 |
[18:46] | I have to return this thing. | 我得退掉这东西 |
[18:48] | “Today,” she said,I’m sure. | 她说过是”今天” 我确定 |
[18:50] | I like doing things for her. | 我很乐意为她效劳 |
[18:52] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说的对 我错了 抱歉 |
[18:54] | When you finish shopping, come join us. | 你退完货后 过来找我们吧 |
[18:56] | I hear they make a great grasshopper, mildred. | 我听说他们做的蚂蚱很美味 小妇人 |
[19:08] | Mr. Draper? Mr. Sterling to see you. | 德雷柏先生 斯特林先生要见你 |
[19:20] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[19:27] | Something for the golf bag. | 从高尔夫球袋里掏出来的 |
[19:31] | That’s the good stuff. | 这可是上品 |
[19:34] | I take it you got home in one piece. | 看来你昨晚果然平安无恙地到家了 |
[19:36] | Well, I made it as far as the knights inn off the Deconic. | 我只开到了德科尼克那边的骑士旅馆 |
[19:40] | I know that place. it’s got great water pressure. | 我知道那个地方 自来水力道很大 |
[19:44] | Yeah, I slept in the car. | 是啊 我睡在了车里 |
[19:46] | About last night. | 对于昨晚的事 |
[19:49] | What about it? | 昨晚怎么了 |
[19:53] | when a man get’s to the point when his name’s on a building, | 当一个男人用他的名字去给一栋楼命名时 |
[19:55] | He can get an unnatural sense of entitlement. | 他会很自然地以为自己拥有至高无上的权力 |
[19:59] | What does that mean, Roger? | 什么意思 罗杰 |
[20:01] | You’re not gonna make this easy. | 你可真不会就此罢休啊 |
[20:03] | I don’t even know what this is. | 我真不知道你说什么呢 |
[20:08] | One night, years ago, I got very drunk. | 几年前的一个晚上 我喝得烂醉 |
[20:11] | I drive home to my building, | 我开车回家 到了楼下 |
[20:13] | Pull into the garage, park at my spot. | 把车开进车库 停在我的车位 |
[20:16] | I get in the elevator. | 接着我走进电梯 |
[20:17] | It’s late. there’s no operator. | 已经很晚了 管理员早已下班了 |
[20:19] | Go up to the 12th floor. get out. | 上到12楼 出了电梯 |
[20:21] | I’m walking down the hall. | 顺着走廊走下去 |
[20:23] | It’s pink and orange. | 是粉色和橙色相间的色调 |
[20:25] | I remember how ugly it was. | 我现在还记得那有多丑 |
[20:28] | Suddenly, my key won’t fit in the door. | 忽然间发现 我的钥匙开不了门 |
[20:32] | Wasn’t my building. | 这不是我的那栋楼 |
[20:37] | I guess what I’m saying is, uh… | 我想我要说的是 |
[20:39] | At some point, we’ve all parked in the wrong garage. | 有些时候 我们都会停错车位 |
[20:46] | Thanks for the bottle, Roger. | 谢谢你的酒 罗杰 |
[20:48] | And? | 还有呢 |
[20:53] | Betty’s going to want that glass back. | 贝蒂想要回那个玻璃杯 |
[20:55] | Good man. | 好兄弟 |
[21:02] | Maybe I should get a case of those, huh? | 这酒我是不是该买上一箱 |
[21:20] | This is taking a long time. | 要等的时间可真够长的 |
[21:22] | Is it that complicated? | 手续很复杂吗 |
[21:24] | Ah, the blue box. you must be a newlywed. | 蓝色盒子 你一定是个新婚 |
[21:27] | That explains it. | 从那个盒子就能看出 |
[21:28] | Yes, it does. adorable. | 对 确实是 真可爱 |
[21:32] | My husband, he’d rather be drinking at lunch, | 我丈夫更愿意在午餐时间去喝酒 |
[21:34] | Even when we were newlyweds, I think. | 即便是在我们新婚蜜月期 |
[21:36] | He’s in advertising. | 他从事广告业 |
[21:37] | I’m in advertising. Sterling Cooper. | 我也从事广告业 斯特林·库珀公司的 |
[21:39] | He’s at B.B.D.O. media buyer. | 他在天联广告公司 是个媒介采购员 |
[21:41] | Jim Wallace. | 吉姆·华莱士 |
[21:43] | Don’t know him. | 不认识 |
[21:44] | That’s because you’re here at lunch. | 那是因为你午餐时跑这来了 |
[21:48] | Next. | 下一个 |
[21:50] | I’m here to return this. | 我想退掉这个 |
[21:52] | There’s nothing wrong with it. | 没有质量问题 |
[21:53] | We got two. | 我们收到了两件一样的 |
[21:54] | That’s why we suggest that people | 这也是为什么我们建议人们 |
[21:55] | register,to avoid duplications. | 登记一下 以免撞上了 |
[21:57] | We did register. Qe got two. | 我们登记过 人家又送了一个 |
[22:00] | Do you have your receipt? | 你有收据吗 |
[22:02] | It was a gift. | 这是别人送的新婚礼物 |
[22:04] | Rosemary, we have a bridal return. | 露丝玛丽 有个退结婚礼物的 |
[22:07] | Him? | 他吗 |
[22:08] | Bridal registry. | 结婚购物单 |
[22:11] | It’s a chip and dip. we got two. | 是个薯条蘸酱盘 我们收到了两份 |
[22:14] | That’s practically four of something. | 其实该算做是四个盘子 |
[22:18] | Name? | 名字 |
[22:19] | Campbell. | 坎贝尔 |
[22:20] | I suppose you don’t have a receipt. | 我猜你应该没有收据 |
[22:22] | Gosh, I wish I did. | 真希望我有 |
[22:24] | No. it was a gift. | 没有 别人送的 |
[22:29] | There’s nothing here. | 这里没有记录 |
[22:30] | Perhaps your wife told you she was registering | 也许你妻子告诉你说登记过了 |
[22:32] | And in the end forgot to give us her name. | 而最后忘记报她的名字了 |
[22:34] | Her name? | 她名字 |
[22:35] | Yes. it’s under the maiden name. | 是的 登记的可能是她婚前姓 |
[22:37] | Hmm. it’s Vogel. | 是沃格尔 |
[22:39] | Why would you do that? | 为什么这么登记 |
[22:41] | I don’t know. | 我也不清楚 |
[22:43] | Humps. | 小骆驼 |
[22:45] | Humps the camel Campbell. | 小骆驼 坎贝尔 |
[22:47] | Matherton. what are you doing here? | 曼瑟顿 你怎么在这 |
[22:50] | Getting my racquet restrung. | 给球拍重新绑一下线 |
[22:52] | Men’s room back this way? | 男洗手间是从这里往回走吗 |
[22:54] | Down the hall past the water fountain. | 顺着走廊走 过了饮水器就到了 |
[22:57] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干吗 |
[22:58] | Returning a wedding gift. | 退一件新婚礼物 |
[23:00] | Not mine, I hope. | 希望不是我送的 |
[23:01] | No, it’s a chip and dip. Trudy’s aunt. | 不是 薯条蘸酱盘 特鲁迪姑妈送的 |
[23:05] | That’s Trudy Vogel. Do you mind, lovely? | 不好意思 她叫特鲁迪·沃格尔 |
[23:08] | Uh, what is it? | 是什么啊 |
[23:09] | It’s a chip and dip. | 是个薯条蘸酱盘 |
[23:11] | You put chips on the side and dip in the middle. | 你可以把薯条放两边 酱放中间蘸着吃 |
[23:15] | For entertaining. | 招待客人用的 |
[23:17] | It’s a beaut. | 挺不错的 |
[23:18] | Hell of a wedding, by the way. | 话说那真是场盛大的婚礼啊 |
[23:20] | Your cousin Bethany… bridesmaid’s bridesmaid. | 你表妹贝瑟尼 女伴娘的女伴娘 |
[23:24] | Connecticut college for women, indeed. | 还是康乃狄克女子学院的 |
[23:27] | I think I found it. | 我想我找到了 |
[23:31] | That’s nice. | 很好 |
[23:33] | Good to see you. we should do this sometime. | 见到你很高兴 有时间一起打打球 |
[23:36] | I’m coming back for you. | 我回头过来找你 |
[23:41] | Do you have a receipt? | 你有收据吗 |
[23:43] | No. I might have already said that. | 没有 我刚才是不是说过了 |
[23:46] | It was a gift. | 是别人送的 |
[23:48] | I can give you store credit. | 我可以给你换购物券 |
[23:49] | I was expecting cash. | 我希望能退成现金 |
[23:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:53] | Isn’t there a way we could work this out? | 还有别的选择吗 |
[23:56] | Let me buy you a drink. | 让我请你喝一杯吧 |
[23:59] | I have an expense account. | 我能报销的 |
[24:01] | The best I can do is put the store credit in your name | 我最多只能在退货券上面写上你的名字 |
[24:04] | So you can spend it here. | 那样的话你还能在这里买些别的什么 |
[24:06] | I would think about spending it on you | 如果你能给我现金 |
[24:07] | if you gave me cash. | 说不定我会把这些钱花在你身上呢 |
[24:09] | It’s $22. | 22美元呢 |
[24:10] | Store credit. | 购物券 |
[24:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:18] | By the way, Matherton… | 顺便提一下 曼瑟顿 |
[24:21] | He has the clap. | 他有淋病 |
[24:32] | Same price as a chip and dip. | 这和薯条蘸酱盘一个价钱 |
[24:36] | Amazing. | 真神奇啊 |
[24:38] | And I was going to try to make you feel bad | 我本来想过来告诉你卡洛塔的丝袜 |
[24:40] | By telling you where Carlotta’s stockings end. | 短到什么程度 来打击你一下 |
[24:43] | What the hell is that for? | 你买这玩意儿给谁的 |
[24:45] | It’s for me. | 我自己 |
[24:46] | .22 caliber bolt action. | 22毫米口径手动枪机 |
[24:48] | Use it in good health. | 得让其使得其所 |
[24:50] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[24:52] | Boys will be boys, right? | 男孩子就应该像个男孩子 对吧 |
[24:58] | You couldn’t hit the side of St. Patrick’s with that. | 你用这枪都打不到圣帕特里克大街 |
[25:01] | It’s good for 20 yards. | 足够应付20码以内的了 |
[25:19] | It’s your 4:30,Mr. Campbell. | 坎贝尔先生 4点半开会 |
[25:31] | The nixon brain trust is coming in tomorrow. | 尼克松竞选智囊团明天过来 |
[25:33] | The nomination is expected as a lock. | 提名是毫无疑问的 |
[25:36] | All we need is an opponent. | 万事俱备 只欠一个对手了 |
[25:38] | Rumor is Lyndon Johnson’s going to | 传言说林登·约翰逊将会去 |
[25:39] | be making a play a west virginia. | 西佛吉尼亚州发表一场连任演说 |
[25:41] | So we may not be going against kennedy at all. | 所以也许我们根本就不会同肯尼迪对峙 |
[25:43] | Then we have to worry about the south. | 那样我们就得应对来自南方的威胁了 |
[25:44] | It’s going to be Kennedy. | 一定会是肯尼迪 |
[25:47] | Boston blackie won west virginia. | 波士顿黑人拿下了西佛吉尼亚州 |
[25:50] | Now, where does that leave us? | 现在 我们该如何应对 |
[25:52] | Experience in office, knows foreign affairs. | 尼克松有政务经验 熟知国际事务 |
[25:56] | He probably learned that | 他可能是当年在委内瑞拉首都加拉加斯 |
[25:56] | When they were throwing rocks at him in caracas. | 被人扔石头时学会的[拉美素有反美传统] |
[25:59] | “knows the real threat of communism, home and abroad. “ | “很清楚国内外共产主义势力的威胁” |
[26:03] | He’s not helping himself keeping quiet on Castro. | 他对卡斯特罗的事绝口不提 这可没好处 |
[26:05] | True, but he’s not a catholic. | 确实 但他不是一个天主教徒 |
[26:07] | Our hands are tied there. | 在这点上 超出了我们能力范围 |
[26:08] | Nixon thinks hitting the catholic thing is a bad idea. | 尼克松认为拿天主教开刀不是什么好想法 |
[26:11] | They’re going to say that. | 他们会说起这个 |
[26:12] | To us? they believe it. | 跟我们说 他们对此深信不疑 |
[26:14] | It hasn’t held up in any of the primaries. | 从初选开始就没提到这一点 |
[26:16] | Kennedy keeps making opponents apologize. | 肯尼迪一直想要对手道歉 |
[26:19] | For what? | 因为什么 |
[26:20] | For being intolerant. | 因为对宗教信仰不够包容 |
[26:21] | This is Dick Nixon we’re talking about. | 我们说的是迪克·尼克松 |
[26:23] | You may be too young to remember | 你们可能还太年轻 |
[26:24] | The “pink lady” congress… woman from California. | 记不住那位来自加州的”粉红女郎” |
[26:28] | He practically shot her in the face to win. | 他几乎是要当众痛击她以赢得胜利 |
[26:32] | If it is Kennedy, | 如果换做是肯尼迪 |
[26:34] | Nixon will lower himself to the occasion. | 尼克松就将会放低身价来应付局势了 |
[26:36] | It’s going to be kennedy. | 一定会是肯尼迪 |
[26:38] | Good. catholic son of a millionaire. | 很好 家财万贯的天主教徒 |
[26:40] | A boy too scared to do anything but go on vacation. | 除了度假 什么也不敢做的富家子弟 |
[26:44] | I met him. he is a boy. | 我见过他 他是个小男孩 |
[26:47] | He’s only four years younger than Nixon. | 他只比尼克松小4岁 |
[26:48] | But has he been sitting next to the leader of the free world | 但那是他不是做过副总统 |
[26:50] | For twice that time? | 还连任两届吗 |
[26:52] | He’s inexperienced. | 他还是毫无经验 |
[26:53] | He doesn’t even wear a hat. | 他实际上都不带帽子 |
[26:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:57] | You know who else doesn’t wear a hat? | 你们知道还有谁不带帽子吗 |
[27:00] | Elvis. | 猫王 |
[27:01] | That’s what we’re dealing with. | 那正是我们要应对的 |
[27:06] | Remind me to stop hiring young people. | 提醒我别再雇用年轻人 |
[27:09] | America does not want some greasy kid | 美国不希望让冲动的毛头小子 |
[27:11] | With his finger on the button. | 来决定国家的命运 |
[27:14] | Now if the adults can weigh in? | 现在各位大人能开始讨论了吗 |
[27:24] | “communism, taxes, health care. “ | “共产主义 赋税 医疗” |
[27:27] | Kinsey,you wanna write this down, | 金西 是你把这些记下来 |
[27:28] | or should I call a girl in? | 还是我应该叫个女孩进来记 |
[27:41] | Hi, honey. I made a roast beef. | 亲爱的 我做了烤牛肉 |
[27:43] | Just cut the strings. | 把线拆掉就可以吃了 |
[27:45] | Oh, roast beef? | 烤牛肉 |
[27:48] | You know it’s just me tonight, right? | 你知道今晚就我自己 对吧 |
[28:05] | That was a wedding gift from my aunt Letty! | 那是莱蒂姑妈送我的的新婚贺礼 |
[28:09] | And you go and get some stupid toy? | 而你却去换了个愚蠢的玩具 |
[28:10] | I can’t believe you! | 我简直不敢相信 |
[28:12] | That was for us! | 那是送给我们俩的 |
[28:14] | You’re always telling me to grow up. | 你还总是让我成熟一些 |
[28:15] | I can’t believe you! | 你让我怎么相信你 |
[28:22] | Oh, I can leave it there? | 我可以把它放这里吗 |
[28:23] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[28:24] | Great. thank you. | 好 谢谢你 |
[28:49] | Hollis, let me ask you something. | 霍利斯 我有点事问你 |
[29:04] | Uh, Mr. campbell, | 坎贝尔先生 |
[29:06] | I thought I’d take you up on your offer | 我本想占用你一点时间 |
[29:08] | to look at my work. | 让你看看我的工作成果 |
[29:09] | But if you’re in the middle of something… | 但是你要是很忙的话 |
[29:17] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[29:19] | A wedding present. | 新婚贺礼 |
[29:22] | I really appreciate it. | 这礼物真不错 |
[29:27] | You ever been hunting, Peggy? | 佩奇 你以前打过猎吗 |
[29:29] | No, I don’t think so. | 没 好像没有 |
[29:31] | You either have or you haven’t. | 要么有过 要么没有过 |
[29:33] | I went a couple of times with my uncle. | 我以前跟我叔叔去过几次 |
[29:36] | New Hampshire. | 在新罕布什尔州的时候 |
[29:39] | I saw my cousin shoot a rabbit by Coney Island. | 我曾在科尼岛上看我表哥打过一只兔子 |
[29:43] | It’s an incredible sensation. | 那种感觉实在是难以言喻 |
[29:47] | You have to be very quiet. | 你得保持非常安静 |
[29:53] | Take it down with the first shot, | 一枪将其毙命 |
[29:55] | Or you scare it away. | 否则就会打草惊蛇 |
[29:57] | And sometimes you have to go up and finish it off. | 有时候 你得起身 干掉它 |
[30:03] | Then you tie it to the bumper, and you go home. | 接着你把它绑在保险杠上 然后回家 |
[30:09] | But you know what I’ve always wanted to do? | 但你知道我经常想要干什么吗 |
[30:13] | I would pick it up… | 我总想把它捡起来 |
[30:16] | Throw its back legs over my shoulder, | 将它的双腿甩过肩膀 |
[30:18] | And I would drag it through the snow to this little cabin. | 然后踏着雪 拖拽着它 回到小木屋 |
[30:22] | And there… | 在那里 |
[30:24] | I’d hang it up… | 我会把它挂起来 |
[30:26] | Between a couple of trees, | 挂在树中间 |
[30:29] | Cut it open, | 把它切开 |
[30:31] | Drain it, | 放干血 |
[30:32] | Dress it, | 剥皮 |
[30:35] | And then I’d take my big hunting knife, | 然后拿出我的大猎刀 |
[30:37] | And I’d cut this loin right out of the side. | 将其拦腰切下 |
[30:46] | And I’d go into the cabin, | 接着我走进小木屋 |
[30:49] | And there’d be this woman waiting for me, | 那里有个女人在等着我 |
[30:52] | Standing by one of those old stoves | 坐在那些有着黑铁管的 |
[30:55] | With a big black pipe, | 炉子的旁边 |
[30:57] | And I’d hand it to her, | 接着我把猎物递给她 |
[30:59] | And she’d put it in a cast-iron skillet, | 然后她把它放到铸铁煮锅里 |
[31:02] | And then I’d sit at the table… | 随后我在桌旁坐下 |
[31:06] | And she’d bring it to me. | 然后 她把煮好的肉给我 |
[31:10] | And I’d wipe my knife on my knee… | 而我在膝上擦干净我的猎刀 |
[31:14] | And then I would eat it while she watches. | 接着我在她的注视下吃肉 |
[31:22] | That would be wonderful. | 那一定棒极了 |
[31:27] | I’ll take a look at this for you. | 我会帮你看看这个的 |
[31:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:02] | Can I get a ham sandwich? | 能给我一个火腿三明治吗 |
[32:05] | You know what? I’ll take a cherry danish. | 可以的话 我要丹麦樱桃味的 |
[32:07] | The big one in the back. | 后面那个最大的 |
[32:16] | Thank you, ma’am. there you go. | 谢谢 小姐 拿好 |
[32:42] | Helen. hello. | 海伦 好啊 |
[32:46] | Hi, betty. | 贝蒂 |
[32:47] | How are you? | 最近好吗 |
[32:50] | I’m well. | 还不错 |
[32:51] | And how’s Glen? | 格伦呢 |
[32:56] | I wasn’t going to say anything. | 本来我也不想说什么的 |
[32:58] | I was just going to go right on by. | 打算就从那儿转过去 直接走掉 |
[33:01] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[33:04] | I was going… | 我在 |
[33:10] | I was going through Glen’s treasure box the other day, | 前几天在我检查格伦的宝贝盒子的时候 |
[33:12] | And I found a lock of blonde hair. | 发现了一束金发 |
[33:15] | Your hair, he says. | 你的头发 他说 |
[33:17] | Well, I don’t know what he told you. | 我不知道他跟你说什么了 |
[33:19] | Glen doesn’t lie, not when he’s caught. | 格伦不撒谎 尤其是他被抓住把柄的时候 |
[33:20] | – I’m not saying it’s a lie. – Betty. | -我没说他说谎 -贝蒂 |
[33:23] | He asked me for it. | 他向我要那个 |
[33:24] | And you gave it to him? | 你就给他了吗 |
[33:26] | He is 9 years old. | 他才九岁 |
[33:30] | What is wrong with you? | 你是怎么回事 |
[33:45] | He was a bold man that first ate an oyster. | 第一个勇敢地吃牡蛎的人 |
[33:48] | I believe that was Jonathan Swift. | 我想应该是乔纳森·斯威夫特 |
[33:52] | Are we naming them now? | 我们在给它们命名吗 |
[33:55] | Look at you. | 看着你 |
[33:56] | I had no idea you were such a fan of the mollusk. | 真不知道你竟是个爱吃贝类的人 |
[33:58] | Never gave them a chance before, but I’m acquiring a taste. | 之前从没吃过这些 但我乐于享受美味 |
[34:04] | It’s like eating a mermaid. | 就像在品味一条美人鱼 |
[34:08] | Ready for another, or have you topped off your tank? | 准备继续吃 还是你的坦克已经装载满了[吃饱] |
[34:12] | You’re leading this dance. | 这由你说了算 |
[34:15] | Well, what the hell? It’s the g.o.p. | 怎么了 这是共和党 |
[34:17] | They’ll never smell it over the stench of Brylcreem. | 他们可不会去闻男用发油发出的恶臭 |
[34:21] | Another round. | 再来一轮 |
[34:22] | Wait. Are you still good with these, | 等等 你是继续要这个 |
[34:24] | Or do you prefer your beloved rye? | 还是选择你最爱的黑麦 |
[34:26] | Today I’m on the Roger Sterling diet. | 今天 我随罗杰·斯特林的口味 |
[34:30] | Easy on the vermouth, another dozen of these. | 适量的苦艾酒 再加一打这个 |
[34:34] | Me, as well. | 我也是 |
[34:38] | I’ve always thought you were a man who could keep up, Don. | 我总觉得你是个坚持不懈的人 唐 |
[34:58] | Anything else, gentlemen? | 还要别的吗 先生们 |
[35:01] | Did you know they served cheesecake | 你知道这里曾为古希腊的奥林匹克 |
[35:03] | To the olympic athletes in ancient greece? | 提供过芝士蛋糕吗 |
[35:05] | So what’s an extra lap or two around the steno pool for us? | 那就额外给我们来两份 |
[35:09] | Two cheesecakes. | 两份芝士蛋糕 |
[35:10] | And don’t let me see the bottom of this glass. | 别让我们的酒杯见底 |
[35:14] | What were we talking about? | 刚才谈到哪了 |
[35:17] | Oh, yes, the russians. | 对了 俄罗斯人 |
[35:19] | Shooting those dogs into space. | 把这些狗送向太空 |
[35:21] | I believe we branded them cat lovers and | 我想我们可以把他们宣扬成爱猫的人 |
[35:24] | moved on to the subject to love. | 然后把主题集中到”爱”这个字上 |
[35:26] | Right. Desi and Lucy… please. | 对的 德西和露西 |
[35:29] | He’s divorcing her again. | 他和她又离婚了 |
[35:31] | Did he wake up one morning and say | 他会不会某天早上醒来说道 |
[35:32] | “oh, yeah, I forgot,I hate you” | “我忘了 我讨厌你” |
[35:36] | What makes a man marry the same woman twice? | 怎么会让一个男人和同个女人结婚两次 |
[35:40] | I believe in his case, | 我相信就他而言 |
[35:42] | It was the lure of orange hair. | 这是橙发的诱惑所致 |
[35:46] | I like redheads. | 我喜欢红发的 |
[35:48] | Their mouths are like a drop of strawberry jam in glass milk | 她们的嘴唇就像一滴滴入牛奶中的草莓酱 |
[35:56] | I think I woke my ulcer up. | 我想我的胃溃疡又犯了 |
[35:58] | Drinking milk. | 喝牛奶 |
[36:01] | I never liked it. | 我从不喜欢 |
[36:03] | I hate cows. | 我讨厌奶牛 |
[36:12] | You keep matching me like this, | 你要是一直和我一起 |
[36:13] | You’ll have an ulcer of your own, any day now. | 有天你也会得胃溃疡的 |
[36:18] | One more? | 再来一杯吗 |
[36:20] | Instead of coffee? | 不喝咖啡吗 |
[36:21] | Sure. | 好的 |
[36:23] | But then we should get the check. | 然后 我们该结账了 |
[36:44] | Hey, birdie. I have the shirt. | 小宝贝 我拿到衬衫了 |
[36:49] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[36:51] | Bobby spilled some concord grape juice down the front of it. | 博比溢了些康科特葡萄汁在上面 |
[36:53] | I washed it. | 我把它洗了 |
[36:55] | Uh, this is Ernie’s shirt, not Bobby’s. | 这是艾尼的衬衫 不是博比的 |
[36:58] | Well, what do you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[37:01] | Oh, did you have a party you didn’t invite me to? | 你是不是要办派对 而且没邀请我 |
[37:04] | I’ll invite you. It’s going to be a dinner party. | 我会邀请你 这是个晚宴 |
[37:08] | I’m just trying the wine, you know. | 我只是在尝尝那些酒 |
[37:10] | Develop my palate. | 提高下我的品味 |
[37:13] | Do you want some? It’s a split. | 你也来点吗 已经打开了 |
[37:14] | There’s another glass. | 那还有个杯子 |
[37:16] | How are you? | 你还好吧 |
[37:18] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[37:22] | Maybe I will try some. | 也许我该尝尝 |
[37:30] | Betty, | 贝蒂 |
[37:33] | Jill Sandifer was in the market earlier today. | 吉尔·桑迪弗今早在超市里 |
[37:36] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:37] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[37:39] | You’re my friend, Francine. | 你是我朋友 弗朗辛 |
[37:40] | Are you coming over here to do recon? | 你是过来试探我的吗 |
[37:42] | I’m worried about you. | 我是在担心你 |
[37:54] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生什么了 |
[37:58] | I kept thinking in the car on the way back, | 我在回来的车上一直在想 |
[38:01] | “Did that really happen?” | 这是真的吗 |
[38:05] | Then I just put it out of my mind. | 然后我就不去想它了 |
[38:07] | Well, what did happen? | 到底发生什么了 |
[38:09] | Whatever you heard. | 无论你听到什么 |
[38:13] | I mean, I don’t even want to hear it. | 我根本听都不想听 |
[38:15] | I have my own version, and it’s plenty. | 我知道事实真相 这就足够了 |
[38:18] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[38:19] | Honestly, I don’t know anyone | 老实说 我不觉得有谁 |
[38:20] | Who wouldn’t want to take a good poke at her. | 会给她好脸色看 |
[38:22] | She’s so selfish. | 她太自私了 |
[38:24] | Those long walks | 这些人在班森珠宝店 |
[38:25] | And that pathetic job at Benson’s jewelry. | 做着长时间的可悲工作 |
[38:30] | Carlton went in there to buy me some earrings. | 卡尔顿进去想给我买些耳环 |
[38:33] | I’m sure she loved that. | 我想她肯定喜欢那个 |
[38:34] | When I saw the Benson’s jewelry wrapping paper, | 当我看到班森珠宝的包装纸 |
[38:37] | I almost threw it in his face. | 真想把它朝他脸上扔去 |
[38:39] | And that John Kennedy. I hate him. | 还有约翰·肯尼迪 我讨厌他 |
[38:43] | Really? | 是吗 |
[38:46] | What will people think? | 别人会怎么想 |
[38:47] | I think they’ll be glad to know you’re not a marshmallow. | 我想他们都很高兴看到你不是个软骨头 |
[38:51] | Do people think I’m weak? | 别人都觉得我很懦弱吗 |
[38:53] | No. It’s just you’re so sweet and perfect. | 不 只是太可爱 太完美了 |
[38:56] | I’m not. | 我不是 |
[38:57] | Well, it does seem that way. | 看上去是这样的 |
[39:00] | Look, it’ll all be forgotten. | 这些都会过去的 |
[39:02] | We don’t have to include Helen Bishop anymore. | 我们可不用再去管海伦·碧西伯 |
[39:05] | Let her know whose side we’re all on. | 让她知道我们都站在哪边 |
[39:09] | Uh, my mother… | 我的母亲 |
[39:12] | Always said, | 总是说 |
[39:14] | “you’re painting a masterpiece. | 你在画一个杰作 |
[39:17] | Make sure to hide the brushstrokes. “ | 管好你自己的一笔一划 |
[39:21] | She was really beautiful. | 她真是很漂亮 |
[39:24] | Then I think, um… | 然后我就想 |
[39:28] | “why am I doing all this? I’m not that vain. “ | 为什么我要做那个 那都是无用功 |
[39:30] | What does Dr. Wayne say? | 韦恩博士说了什么 |
[39:33] | Nothing… | 什么也没说 |
[39:34] | Except “tell me more about that. “ | 除了”再和我谈谈这些” |
[39:38] | I’m still dying to try it. | 我至死都会去尝试 |
[39:41] | I’m pretty sure Dr. Wayne tried to | 我肯定韦恩博士天天都想 |
[39:44] | look down my neckline everyday | 看我的领口 |
[39:47] | He sits behind me. | 他坐在我后面 |
[39:49] | And as far as I’m concerned, as | 只要男人那样看着我 |
[39:51] | long as men looked at that way. | 我就能立刻察觉 |
[39:52] | I’m earning my keep. | 我渴望吸引他们炽热的眼光 |
[39:57] | Then every once in a while, | 但偶尔 |
[39:59] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[40:02] | No. | 不对 |
[40:04] | This is something else. | 这是我心理的阴暗面 |
[40:08] | I don’t want my husband to see this. | 我不想让我丈夫看见 |
[40:12] | I love to be looked at that way. | 我也喜欢被那么注视 |
[40:18] | You should get out of here. | 你该走了 |
[40:20] | Nap time is about to end. | 午休时间快结束了 |
[40:24] | Well, I’m just glad you’re okay. | 看到你没事 我真高兴 |
[40:32] | We haven’t gone over the Nixon plan. | 我们还没看尼克松的竞选计划 |
[40:34] | You prepared, right? | 你准备了 对吗 |
[40:36] | In what way? | 用什么方法 |
[40:38] | I’m sorry, gentlemen. | 抱歉 先生们 |
[40:39] | Mr. Sterling, Mr. Draper, I’m waiting for service. | 斯特林先生 德雷柏先生 请等待服务 |
[40:41] | So am I. what are you talking about? | 我也是 你什么意思 |
[40:43] | We’re out of order. | 电梯故障了 |
[40:45] | Oh, crap. | 见鬼 |
[40:47] | When will they be back up? Should we wait? | 什么时候能修好 我们用等吗 |
[40:49] | We’ve got our best man on it. | 我们已经派了最好的修理人员 |
[40:51] | That’s a comfort. | 这话倒是少许宽慰 |
[40:54] | Jesus, we’re already late. | 天呐 我们已经迟到了 |
[40:56] | I’m terribly sorry, Mr. Sterling. | 真是很抱歉 斯特林先生 |
[40:58] | It’s certainly a believable excuse. | 这真是个让人信服的理由 |
[41:01] | We could go back to lunch. | 我们可以回去吃中饭 |
[41:02] | No. Cooper would have a seizure, if he hasn’t already. | 不 库珀非抓狂不可 或者他已经抓狂了 |
[41:07] | So? | 那么 |
[41:34] | Ah, this is ridiculous. A building this big. | 这很荒谬 这楼太大了 |
[41:36] | What if there was a fire? | 假如发生火灾怎么办 |
[41:38] | We’d be walking down. | 那我们就向下走 |
[41:40] | It would be easier. | 会比上楼轻松多的 |
[41:53] | Maybe we should check the elevator. | 也许我们该检查下电梯 |
[41:55] | Maybe it’s up again. | 也许又恢复使用了 |
[41:57] | I think we’d hear it go on in the stairwell. | 我能在楼梯井听到它运转的 |
[41:59] | You think? | 你认为 |
[42:01] | Roger, I don’t know. | 罗杰 我不知道 |
[42:03] | Maybe they’re late, too. | 也许他们也迟到了 |
[42:05] | Maybe we could get them to come down | 也许我们可以叫他们下来 |
[42:07] | And have the presentation on the eighth floor landing. | 在8楼的平台展示 |
[42:09] | There’s plenty of seats. | 那有很多位子 |
[42:10] | Damned elevator. | 该死的电梯 |
[42:11] | What do you want to do? we’re almost there. | 你到底想怎么样 我们快到那了 |
[42:13] | The hell we are. | 我在地狱呢 |
[42:15] | Well, we can waste another five minutes | 如果你想 我们可以 |
[42:16] | talking about if you want | 再浪费5分钟在讨论上 |
[42:19] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[42:22] | Get behind me with that thing. | 你抽烟 走在我后面 |
[42:40] | Six to go. | 还有六层楼 |
[42:42] | I’ve been counting. | 我数着呢 |
[42:46] | You want to rest a minute? | 你想休息会吗 |
[42:47] | No, sir. No, I don’t. | 不 不需要 |
[42:51] | Keep moving. | 继续前进 |
[42:52] | I forgot. Navy man. | 我忘了 你当过海军 |
[43:07] | I love redheads. | 我喜欢红发 |
[43:10] | With big breasts. | 大胸的女人 |
[43:12] | We’ll find you one if we still have jobs. | 只要你这次不丢工作 我们还能给你找一个 |
[43:14] | Want me to run ahead? | 要我跑前头吗 |
[43:17] | Run? | 跑 |
[43:19] | My name’s on the building. | 我的名字可是刻在大楼上的 |
[43:21] | They can wait for me. | 他们可以等我 |
[43:26] | I got to stop talking. | 不再说话了 |
[43:44] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[43:46] | Just lost my tie clip. | 只是丢了我的领带夹 |
[43:48] | I’ll find it. Go on. | 我会找到的 你继续走 |
[43:49] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[43:51] | I said go on. | 我说了 你继续 |
[44:04] | Found it! | 找到了 |
[44:23] | – Where the hell were you? – Elevator’s out. | -你去哪了 -电梯坏了 |
[44:26] | – That’s quite a hike. Where’s Sterling? – He’s coming. | -那可真是长途跋涉 斯特林去哪了 -他快来了 |
[44:29] | Well, here are the troops now. | 我们的队伍来了 |
[44:32] | Lou, Michael, Charlie, uh, Don Draper. | 路 迈克 查理 这是唐·德雷柏 |
[44:34] | Hey, Don. | 好啊 唐 |
[44:35] | Our creative muscle. | 我们创意的中坚力量 |
[44:37] | Hopefully, a little brains, too. | 也希望是 更核心点 |
[44:39] | Sorry to keep you fellas waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[44:40] | The elevator’s out. | 电梯出故障了 |
[44:42] | Pete Campbell, of course. | 这是皮特·坎贝尔 |
[44:43] | We’ve spoken on the phone. | 我们电话上谈过 |
[44:44] | Yeah, yeah. | 是的 是的 |
[44:46] | He’ll continue handling things for you. | 他会继续为你们处理事务 |
[44:49] | And when I say handling,I mean he runs everything by me. | 我说的处理是他会打点一切 |
[44:55] | And, of course, uh, my partner, Roger Sterling. | 我的搭档 罗杰·斯特林 |
[45:02] | We heard the elevator’s down. | 我们听说电梯坏了 |
[45:05] | Those boys over at united fruit | 那些人真是吃干饭的 |
[45:06] | Talk about you like you invented the damn banana. | 谈谈你发明的见鬼的香蕉 |
[45:16] | You all right, Roger? | 你还好吗 罗杰 |
[45:18] | Get us some ice water. | 给我点冰水 |
[45:20] | Oysters. | 是牡蛎 |
[45:22] | I can see that. | 我能看出来 |
[45:23] | 23 floors. | 二十三层楼 |
[45:26] | I’m just sorry I missed this lunch. | 我只是对错过中餐感到后悔 |
[45:28] | We were with some quakers. Had cottage cheese. | 我们支持吃了点快餐 白干酪之类的 |
[45:30] | Well, let’s let Roger regroup. | 让罗杰歇会吧 |
[45:33] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好的 -恩 |
[45:34] | This way. | 这边请 |
[45:36] | I’ll be right in. | 我就在这 |
[45:48] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[45:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[45:56] | Fine. | 没事 |
[46:00] | Good. | 好的 |