时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, running in the house. | 喔 喔 喔 又在家里乱跑 |
[00:43] | Grandpa’s here! And Aunt Gloria! | 祖父来啦 还有歌莉亚阿姨 |
[00:47] | If I leave, can you keep your mouth shut? | 我要是走了 你能为我保密吗 |
[00:59] | Elizabeth, are you hiding your sugar bowl from me? | 伊丽莎白 你是不是把糖罐藏起来了 |
[01:03] | Gene, I think I have some packets from Howard.Johnson’s. | 吉恩 有没有霍华德.约翰逊寄给我的包裹 |
[01:06] | No, no. | 没有啊 |
[01:07] | Daddy, have a saccharine or nothing. | 爸爸 最多只能吃块糖精 |
[01:11] | Where is your sugar bowl? | 你的糖罐呢 |
[01:12] | Do you want to wake up | 你想像赫尔曼外公那样 |
[01:14] | With a cold leg like grandpa Herman? | 一觉醒来发现腿不能动了吗 |
[01:16] | Diabetics don’t live long, | 糖尿病人都活不长 |
[01:17] | And sometimes they lose their legs. | 有时候连腿都保不住 |
[01:22] | Grandpa! | 外公 |
[01:23] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[01:25] | Good to see you, Gene. | 很高兴见到你 吉恩 |
[01:27] | Don. | 唐 |
[01:29] | This is my friend Gloria. | 这是我朋友歌莉亚 |
[01:31] | I heard you might be joining us. | 我早听说您会来 |
[01:32] | It’s good to have another woman around, | 身边多位女士真好 |
[01:34] | Give Betty a break. | 让贝蒂喘口气 |
[01:35] | Oh, I live to serve. | 我天生伺候人的命 |
[01:37] | Hey, you heard that, right? | 喂 你听见这话了吗 |
[01:39] | I have a witness. | 你可以作证 |
[01:40] | She’s a hell of a sport. | 她可不是开玩笑的 |
[01:43] | Don, will you help me with the suitcase? | 唐 你能帮我提个箱子吗 |
[01:45] | We’re only going for the weekend. | 我们就去过个周末啊 |
[01:47] | I can’t get it out of the closet. | 我没法把它从衣橱里拿出来 |
[01:51] | Honestly, it’s unseemly. | 老实说 这样讲不太好 |
[01:53] | I can imagine everyone at the club. | 我都能想象得出 俱乐部里的人会怎么议论 |
[01:55] | “Was she waiting at the funeral unbuttoning her top button | “她是不是在葬礼 松开上衣纽扣 |
[01:58] | Like for some Sadie Hawkins dance?” | 像等着跳交谊舞似的” |
[01:59] | She seems like a perfectly nice lady. | 她看上去很不错啊 |
[02:03] | What am I supposed to do with this, fill it with hay? | 我该拿这箱子怎么办 往里面装干草吗 |
[02:06] | How far do you want to go with this? | 你带着它做什么 |
[02:07] | Oh, I’ll say you talked me out of it. | 哦 我等会就说你不让我带 |
[02:09] | She’s a vulture. | 她是个寄生虫 |
[02:12] | Her husband was a failure. | 她丈夫是个窝囊废 |
[02:14] | When he died, | 当他去世的时候 |
[02:15] | They found out he’d cheated on his income taxes. | 他们发现他曾在所得税上做了手脚 |
[02:18] | And her kids… Louise never married. | 而她的孩子们也…路易从没结过婚 |
[02:20] | Two more years and she’ll be hanging out at funerals, too. | 再过两年 她又可以在葬礼上寻欢了 |
[02:24] | Huntley… he was my brother’s age. | 亨特利 他只活到了我哥的年岁 |
[02:26] | He was always “funny”. | 他总是很”风趣” |
[02:28] | Birdie, your father was married, what, 40 years? | 亲爱的 你爸爸过了40年的婚姻生活 |
[02:32] | The man can hardly fix himself a cup of tea, | 他连喝杯茶都不会自己倒 |
[02:34] | Let alone do laundry. | 更别说洗衣服了 |
[02:35] | All he needs is a housekeeper. | 他需要的只是一个管家 |
[02:37] | A housekeeper goes home at night. | 管家可不在家过夜啊 |
[02:39] | Don. | 唐 |
[02:40] | Let him have it. | 随他去吧 |
[02:43] | And that fake smile. | 还有那假笑 |
[02:45] | You’ve been looking forward to the beach. | 你早就盼着去海滩了 |
[02:47] | Let her cook. | 让她来烧饭 |
[02:49] | Let your father put some stones by that wall | 让你父亲沿船边堆些石头 |
[02:51] | So we stop getting water underneath the deck. | 免得水打到甲板上来 |
[02:53] | I guess I won’t have to worry about talking to her. | 我想我也不用费心找她谈谈了 |
[02:56] | She never stops. | 她本性难移 |
[02:58] | Just get through today. | 只要熬过今天 |
[03:00] | I’ll be there tomorrow afternoon. | 我明天中午就过去 |
[03:03] | We’ll go to that place with the lobster rolls. | 然后我们去吃龙虾卷 |
[03:05] | Just come now. | 现在一起走吧 |
[03:07] | You hate the way I drive. But my father taught me. | 你不是讨厌我开车吗 但我爸就这么教我的 |
[03:11] | Half the office is cleared out. | 半个办公室的人都被裁了 |
[03:20] | It’s Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy | 这是肯尼迪 肯尼迪 肯尼迪 |
[03:22] | Kennedy, Kennedy, Ken-nedy for me | 肯尼迪 肯尼迪 我的肯尼迪 |
[03:25] | Do you like a man who has some spritz? | 你喜不喜欢一个喷着发胶的男人 |
[03:28] | A man who’s always fair | 一个公正的人 |
[03:30] | We’ll wager him against the others | 我们把赌注下在他身上 |
[03:32] | And when you compare | 当你做个比较时 |
[03:34] | It looks like a Maypo ad. | 看上去像麦博麦片的广告 |
[03:36] | It’s incredible. | 难以置信 |
[03:38] | Happy days are here again. | 快乐的日子再度来到 |
[03:40] | I’m just wild about Harry. | 我只是对哈里生气 |
[03:42] | It’s light, it’s fun, | 这则广告通俗有趣 |
[03:44] | It doesn’t cloud the mind with, I don’t know, issues? | 但不能让观众意识到竞选的争议所在 |
[03:48] | And it’s catchy. | 它太琅琅上口 |
[03:49] | It’s catchy like it gets in your head | 仿佛钻进你的头 |
[03:51] | And makes you want to blow your brains out. | 让你想对着大脑开一枪 |
[03:56] | The president is a product, don’t forget that. | 总统职位就是件商品 要切记 |
[04:03] | I would like to talk to you for a moment | 我想耽误您片刻的时间 |
[04:05] | About dollars and cents. | 聊一聊金钱 |
[04:06] | Your dollars and cents. | 您的一分一厘 |
[04:08] | Now, my opponents want to increase federal expenditures | 如今 我的反对者想增加政府开支 |
[04:11] | As much as $18 billion a year. | 每年多达180亿美元 |
[04:14] | How will they pay for it? | 他们如何来支付这笔钱呢 |
[04:16] | There are only two ways. | 有两种途径 |
[04:18] | One is to raise your taxes. | 一是提高您的税收 |
[04:20] | Turn it off. | 把它关了 |
[04:21] | The other… | 二是… |
[04:25] | An ad made by a public relations team. | 由公关团队做的广告 |
[04:29] | Message received and forgotten. | 信息被接收后 会被迅速遗忘 |
[04:31] | We should give this to Franz for some music. | 我们该把这个交给弗兰茨 让他配点背景乐 |
[04:35] | Nixon’s campaign song in the key of E. | 尼克松阵营以E为主键编曲 |
[04:38] | Ethel, go get the ice pick | 埃塞尔 拿点冰块来 |
[04:42] | That Nixon guy is on TV again | 那个叫尼克松的家伙 又上电视啦 |
[04:45] | Should have never been this close. | 不用做得跟他们相似 |
[04:49] | I’d say we could run them again, | 我说我们可以把它们重新做一遍 |
[04:51] | But I don’t think you want to see them. | 但我觉得你不会想看 |
[04:52] | Oh, I’ve seen them. | 哦 我已经看过了 |
[04:53] | Which reminds me, | 这倒提醒了我 |
[04:54] | You people are not watching enough television. | 你们这些人都不常看电视了 |
[04:56] | It is your job. The shows and the ads. | 这可是你的工作 表演秀和广告 |
[04:59] | I was just wondering, | 我刚刚在想 |
[05:00] | There must be any number of people | 现在一定有些人 |
[05:02] | Harvesting mud on Johnny.Kennedy right now. | 在诋毁约翰.肯尼迪 |
[05:04] | Have we heard anything? | 我们听到什么消息了吗 |
[05:05] | We hear things. Nothing useful. | 听是听说了 没什么有用的 |
[05:07] | He’s a womanizer. | 说他是个花花公子 |
[05:08] | That’s not going to hurt him. | 但这不会影响他 |
[05:09] | Women find out about that, it’ll push him over the top. | 女人们知道了 反而会提升他的人气 |
[05:11] | Nixon is still ahead in the polls. | 尼克松仍然在票选中领先 |
[05:14] | Should have never been this close. | 不用这么诋毁他们 |
[05:17] | Why do we need to attack when there is a story to tell? | 当我们自己有故事要说 为什么还要攻击他人 |
[05:22] | Jonhy Kennedy: Nouveau riche, | 约翰.肯尼迪 是个暴发户 |
[05:24] | Recent immigrant who bought his way into Harvard. | 曾花钱进了哈佛的外来移民 |
[05:26] | And now he’s well-bred? Great. | 现在他变得风度翩翩了吗 好吧 |
[05:29] | Nixon is from nothing. | 尼克松曾一无所有 |
[05:32] | A self-made man, the Abe.Lincoln of California, | 白手起家 加州的亚伯.林肯 |
[05:35] | Who was Vice President of the United States | 在他从海军退伍6年后 |
[05:37] | Six years after getting out of the Navy. | 就担任美国副总统一职 |
[05:40] | Kennedy? I see a silver spoon. | 在肯尼迪身上 我看见了一把银汤匙 |
[05:42] | Nixon? I see myself. | 在尼克松身上 我看见了我自己 |
[05:46] | If we were to run a critical ad, | 如果我们做一则批判式广告 |
[05:47] | There are obvious benefits. | 会有明显的收效 |
[05:49] | When you run an ad that’s positive, | 你做一则歌功颂德的广告时 |
[05:51] | You’re only convincing people | 你只是在说服 |
[05:51] | Who are already voting for you. | 那些已经决定支持你的人们 |
[05:52] | But when you run an ad that’s critical, | 但当你做一则批判式广告 |
[05:54] | You get a shot at the people on the fence. | 你就能争取到还在观望的人们 |
[05:55] | There are a lot of people on the fence. | 有很多人现在还在观望 |
[05:57] | Gentlemen, whether the Nixon campaign wants it or not, | 先生们 无论尼克松阵营愿不愿意 |
[06:00] | We have to produce a spot that aims a Howitzer at Kennedy’s balls. | 我们都必须击中肯尼迪的要害 |
[06:05] | I want to hear ideas. | 我需要你们提供些想法 |
[06:07] | After the long weekend. | 等过完这周末向我汇报 |
[06:09] | I agree. Let’s go down swinging. | 我同意 虽败犹荣 |
[06:14] | If we can switch to a conversation about paying clients, | 我们现在聊聊签约客户吧 |
[06:17] | Menken’s is coming in today to sign off on the roll out. | 梅肯今天会来敲定合约 |
[06:19] | Father and daughter. | 他们父女都来 |
[06:20] | I get the feeling old Abe.Schmenken can kill this whole thing. | 我感觉这个老亚伯.舒麦肯一定会坏事 |
[06:25] | Of course, the checks have cleared already, | 当然 收费的事宜已经谈妥了 |
[06:27] | But… Don, | 但是… 唐 |
[06:29] | I want you to go in and ride bare-back over Paul here. | 我要你去跟保罗唇枪舌剑一番 |
[06:31] | Done. | 没问题 |
[06:36] | And, uh, Don, I want you on your best behavior. | 还有 唐 我要你发挥出最好的水平 |
[06:40] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[06:41] | I know she bothers you. | 我知道她令你困扰 |
[06:56] | Miss Holloway, may I? | 霍洛韦小姐 能跟你谈谈吗 |
[07:03] | I really need to get to the bottom of that. | 有件事我非常想弄清楚 |
[07:07] | Yes, I would like to get a look at those. | 是的 我很想看看那些 |
[07:18] | Margaret and Mona are off to Block Island for Labor Day. | 玛格丽特和莫娜要去关岛过劳动节 |
[07:21] | Gone for the weekend | 周末和这镇上 |
[07:22] | Along with every other wife in town. | 所有的妻子们一起离开 |
[07:24] | We can go anywhere tonight. | 我们今晚想去哪都行 |
[07:25] | We can see a Broadway show, | 我们可以去看百老汇的演出 |
[07:27] | Then sit at any table at The Colony | 然后去殖民地酒吧找个卡座 |
[07:28] | With our clothes off if we want to. | 如果愿意还可以一丝不挂 |
[07:30] | How about a movie? | 去看场电影如何 |
[07:33] | Have you seen The Apartment? | 你看过《公寓》吗 |
[07:34] | I went last week with Mona and Margaret. | 我上周带莫娜和玛格丽特看过了 |
[07:36] | I heard Shirley MacLaine is good. | 我听说雪莉.麦克莲恩演得不错 |
[07:38] | Oh, please. | 哦 不是吧 |
[07:39] | A white elevator operator? | 一个负责按电梯的白人 |
[07:41] | And a girl at that? | 和一个坐电梯的女孩 |
[07:43] | I want to work at that place. | 我都想在那种场所工作了 |
[07:45] | Oh, I bet you do. | 哦 肯定的 |
[07:46] | The way those men treated that poor girl, | 那些男人对待她的方式 |
[07:48] | Handing her around like a tray of canapes. | 分享她 如同分享一盘鱼子酱 |
[07:50] | She tried to commit suicide. | 她试着自杀 |
[07:53] | So you saw it, huh? | 你看过了 对吧 |
[07:56] | Ah, Red, that’s not how it is. | 啊 现实不是这样的 |
[07:58] | Look, it was crude. | 这是很残忍 |
[07:59] | That’s the way pictures are now. | 但这是如今画面的表现手法 |
[08:01] | You see that ridiculous Psycho? | 你看过那部荒谬的《惊魂记》吗 |
[08:04] | Hollywood isn’t happy unless things are extreme. | 好莱坞总是乐此不疲地 拍摄极端的画面 |
[08:06] | It didn’t seem that extreme to me. | 对我来说 这并不极端 |
[08:08] | Are we actually going to get in a fight over a movie? | 我们难道要为了一场电影而争吵吗 |
[08:10] | You know, Mona had a dream once | 你知道吗 莫娜曾经梦到 |
[08:12] | Where I hit the dog with the car. | 我开车撞了一条狗 |
[08:14] | She was mad at me all day, and I never hit the dog. | 她为此气了我一整天 而我从来没撞到过狗 |
[08:17] | We don’t even have a dog. | 我们甚至没养过狗 |
[08:22] | Why don’t I call you later? | 我晚些时候再打电话给你吧 |
[08:23] | Uh, Joannie… | 琼妮… |
[08:25] | Call me soon, because we can go anywhere. | 尽快打给我 去哪都行 |
[08:28] | The new atrium will make the store brighter | 新大厅将使商铺更加明亮 |
[08:30] | And more vibrant. | 更有生气 |
[08:31] | The aisles will be wider, | 过道会更宽敞 |
[08:33] | Spotlighting these new chrome display cases. | 聚光灯照在这些新的镀烙展示架上 |
[08:35] | Over here will be a new restaurant… | 这里将有一家新餐厅 |
[08:38] | An elegant tea room. | 一间优雅的茶室 |
[08:39] | Modern classic signs and champagne linens. | 现代经典的饰品 加上香槟色的亚麻织物 |
[08:42] | A tea room is nice, but 30% of my ground floor | 茶室确实不错 但底层30%的面积 |
[08:46] | Is devoted to the restaurant business? | 都要贡献于餐馆的生意吗 |
[08:49] | Lunch and Shopping: | 餐饮加购物: |
[08:50] | A day of indulgence. It’s what ladies like. | 放松一整天 女士们会喜欢的 |
[08:53] | Yes, I saw that in the chapter here. | 是的 我在文件上看见了 |
[08:56] | It’s much longer than the little schedule that says we | 篇幅倒是很长 |
[08:59] | Have to close our doors while it’s getting nailed together. | 起码比那份要我们停业装修的时间表长多了 |
[09:03] | Three months of construction, | 工期三个月 |
[09:05] | During which time we build enormous anticipation. | 在此期间 我们将营造出万众期待的气氛 |
[09:09] | Like a movie premier. | 就像电影预告片 |
[09:11] | The New Menken’s. | 新麦肯购物城 |
[09:12] | You will have a line that first day. | 开业第一天 就会有人在外面排队 |
[09:15] | Even if you have to pay people to stand in it. | 哪怕花钱雇人排在其中 |
[09:18] | We’ll do whatever it takes. | 我们要不惜代价 |
[09:19] | Mr. Draper, my daughter’s presence here | 德雷珀先生 趁我女儿也在这儿 |
[09:22] | Should let you know that I am not against change. | 我要让你知道 我并不守旧 |
[09:25] | And let us assume that this is the most | 让我们假设这是零售业 |
[09:27] | Amazing idea in retail since “buy one get one free. “ | 自”买一送一”之后 最惊人的主意 |
[09:32] | I still don’t understand | 我还是不明白 |
[09:33] | Why we have to throw out the baby with the water. | 为什么我们要冒这个险 |
[09:37] | Can’t I keep what I have and just build on it? | 为什么不能维持现状呢 |
[09:40] | Well, honestly, | 老实说 |
[09:41] | The unpleasant truth is you don’t have anything. | 事实上你们目前已经不具优势了 |
[09:48] | Your customers cannot be depended on anymore. | 这家店对消费者已经没有任何吸引力了 |
[09:51] | Their lives have changed. | 他们的生活已经改变了 |
[09:53] | They’re prosperous. | 他们富有了 |
[09:55] | Over the years, they’ve developed new tastes. | 这些年 他们的品味提升了 |
[10:00] | They’re like your daughter: | 他们就像您的女儿 |
[10:02] | Educated, sophisticated. | 受过高等教育 高雅 有教养 |
[10:06] | They know full well what they deserve, | 他们清楚自己该享受什么 |
[10:09] | And they’re willing to pay for it. | 并愿意为此买单 |
[10:11] | Why would I want to own a store | 我本人就不会在这种商场里消费 |
[10:14] | That I wouldn’t want to shop in? | 何必建它呢 |
[10:15] | Mr. Menken, I don’t know if that’s true. | 麦肯先生 这可不一定 |
[10:18] | You had no problem abandoning | 您可以把第7大道 |
[10:20] | That second-floor hosiery store | 二层的内衣店 |
[10:22] | On 7th Avenue for your present location. | 搬到现在这个位置 |
[10:24] | And that’s a story you’ll be proud to | 今后您可以骄傲地 |
[10:25] | Tell your grandchildren. | 给您的孙儿们讲这个故事 |
[10:27] | The only problem is they won’t care. | 唯一的问题是 他们不会感兴趣 |
[10:30] | As much as Grandpa likes that marble palace, | 他们远不如他们的祖父热爱那座大理石宫殿 |
[10:34] | I can promise you, they won’t. | 我可以保证 他们不会感兴趣 |
[10:36] | They’ll look at it and they’ll say, | 他们只会看着它 然后说 |
[10:38] | “Grandpa, it must have been hard back in the olden days. “ | “爷爷 过去的日子一定很艰苦吧” |
[10:43] | And it was. | 是啊 |
[10:45] | Everybody’s jumping to forget it. | 每个人都急于忘却过去 |
[10:47] | Excuse me, but this is not some phony story | 抱歉 但这可不是你们这些人 |
[10:51] | You people print in your Fourth of July circulars. | 在国庆日的传单上印制的虚假故事 |
[10:54] | My father actually started with nothing, | 我父亲的确是白手起家 |
[10:57] | And he made it into everything we’re talking about. | 他造就了我们今天谈论的一切 |
[11:00] | Who here can say that? | 谁也不能否认这一点 |
[11:03] | I meant no disrespect, sir. | 我绝无冒犯 先生 |
[11:05] | None taken. | 没关系 |
[11:08] | This is the plan, Daddy. | 这是份周详的计划 爸爸 |
[11:10] | As you can see, it wasn’t just thrown together. | 如你所见 它并不草率 |
[11:13] | It does seem very well thought out. | 确实考虑得很周详 |
[11:15] | It is. | 确实 |
[11:22] | Pleasure to finally meet you. | 很高兴终于见到您了 |
[11:23] | I hope you two know what you’re doing. | 我希望你们俩都清楚自己的所为 |
[11:30] | Looks like we both get to | 看来 短时间内 |
[11:31] | Keep our jobs a little while longer. | 我们又能保住饭碗了 |
[11:33] | Don’t screw this up. | 别搞砸了 |
[11:34] | I think he likes me. | 我想他欣赏我 |
[11:37] | I guarantee you there is nothing about you he likes. | 我肯定他对你没有任何兴趣 |
[11:40] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[11:45] | Daddy, can we? | 爸爸 我们走吧 |
[11:48] | This place reminds me of a Czarist Ministry. | 这个地方 让我想起沙皇统治时期 |
[11:52] | No matter what the decision, | 无论决定了什么 |
[11:53] | You don’t feel it was yours. | 你都不觉得那是你的主意 |
[11:55] | Fortunately, I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 幸好 我听不懂您在说什么 |
[11:59] | He’s very good. Persuasive. | 他很不错 很有说服力 |
[12:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:03] | A little… dashing for my taste. | 有点…浮夸 在我看来 |
[12:17] | Carol, it’s 10:30. | 卡罗 现在是10点半 |
[12:19] | Did we have lunch, | 吃过午饭了吗 |
[12:20] | Because even I can’t leave this early. | 我今天可不能早走 |
[12:22] | No, I needed to talk to you. | 不 我想跟你谈谈 |
[12:24] | Why aren’t you at work? | 你怎么没在上班呢 |
[12:27] | Don’t tell me you’re late again. | 别告诉我 你的”那个”又没来 |
[12:28] | Do you need to see Dr. Emerson? | 你要去看埃莫森医生吗 |
[12:29] | No. Good grief, Joan. | 不 天啊 琼 |
[12:31] | Then what? | 那怎么了 |
[12:32] | You walked 12 blocks in a heat wave. | 这么热的天 你走了12个街区过来 |
[12:34] | And I see you didn’t take my advice | 而且我看你也没听我的 |
[12:35] | About the dress shields. | 在腋下垫个汗垫 |
[12:38] | You know how Mr. Aldridge | 你知道奥尔德里奇先生 |
[12:39] | Has had me reading the slush pile? | 让我处理那些垃圾文件的事么 |
[12:41] | Yes, writing the rejection letters. You told me. It was depressing. | 知道 写拒绝信嘛 你说过 挺郁闷的 |
[12:45] | I’m so stupid! | 我太蠢了 |
[12:50] | This morning in the submissions meeting, | 今天早上的反映会上 |
[12:52] | The editorial director asks why we haven’t responded | 总编问 我们为什么没回复 |
[12:55] | To this poet from Yale, Marlon Rice. | 来自耶鲁大学的马龙·赖斯的诗 |
[12:57] | Mr. Aldridge tells him we never saw it. | 奥尔德里奇先生告诉他 我们从没见过它 |
[13:00] | The the director asks me, and I cover for Mr. Aldridge. | 主编又问我 我替奥尔德里奇先生掩饰了过去 |
[13:05] | I said that I had read it and rejected it. | 我说是我读的信 并把它回绝了 |
[13:08] | Then they made Mr. Aldridge fire me. | 然后他们让奥尔德里奇先生解雇了我 |
[13:11] | Oh, honey, that’s awful. | 哦 亲爱的 这太可恶了 |
[13:13] | He was really sorry about it. | 他为此非常抱歉 |
[13:14] | – Of course. That SOB. – I know. | -当然了 那个混蛋 -我知道 |
[13:17] | I’m going to have to ask my dad for more money again. | 我又要问我爸要钱花了 |
[13:20] | – It’s humiliating. – Stop it. | -真丢人 -别这么说 |
[13:23] | You shouldn’t be embarrassed. | 你不用难堪 |
[13:24] | There’s never enough money. | 钱永远都不够花的 |
[13:26] | You always seem to manage. | 你看上去就很自立 |
[13:28] | These men. We’re constantly building them up. | 男人啊 我们总是在为他们铺路 |
[13:32] | And for what? | 为了什么呢 |
[13:33] | Dinner, jewelry. Who cares? | 晚餐 珠宝 谁在乎这些啊 |
[13:36] | We need to go out and shake all this gloominess. | 我们需要出去走走 把沮丧统统抛开 |
[13:38] | All I want to do is sit in the movies and cry. | 我只想坐在电影院大哭一场 |
[13:42] | No movies. | 别看电影了 |
[13:44] | Let’s look for some actual bachelors. | 我们去找些真正的单身汉 |
[13:46] | Empty their wallets. | 掏空他们的钱包 |
[13:48] | I hate Manhattan sometimes. | 有时候我真恨曼哈顿 |
[13:49] | Don’t say that. | 别这么说 |
[13:51] | This city is everything. | 这座城就是一切 |
[13:58] | Where’s Howdy Dowdy at? | 霍地·道迪在哪 |
[14:00] | What can I do for you? | 有什么事吗 |
[14:02] | I just got off the phone with | 我刚跟史库尔博士品牌的 |
[14:03] | Brett Rowley at Dr. Scholl’s. | 布莱特·罗利通过电话 |
[14:04] | Don’t tell me they’re coming in again about the exercise sandals. | 别告诉我 他们又要来谈运动凉鞋的事 |
[14:08] | Did you tell them summer’s over? | 你告诉他们 夏天已经过完了吗 |
[14:09] | They’re not coming in. Ever. | 他们不会来了 再也不会了 |
[14:12] | They’re going to Leo Burnett. | 他们打算去找里奥·伯内特 |
[14:13] | What? Why didn’t he call me? | 什么 他为何不打给我 |
[14:15] | Probably because they were disappointed with the creative. | 可能因为 他们对创意的部分很失望 |
[14:18] | Rowley called it dull and humorless. | 罗利觉得它呆板 没有幽默感 |
[14:20] | – And what did you say? – What could I say? | -那你说了什么 -我能说什么 |
[14:22] | I’ve never lost an account before. | 我以前从没丢过客户 |
[14:24] | Especially one that was here before I got here. | 特别是一个比我来这儿还早的老主顾 |
[14:26] | So you really put up a fight? | 所以你跟他发生了口角 |
[14:28] | He had very strong feelings. | 他很激动 |
[14:30] | Said some unpleasant things. | 说了一些难听的话 |
[14:32] | Which you don’t remember or I’m sure you’d tell me. | 这些话你一定忘了 否则你肯定会说出来的 |
[14:39] | The day you sign a client | 你签下客户的那天 |
[14:41] | Is the day you start losing them. | 你就开始失去他们了 |
[14:47] | Are you going to tell Sterling or should I? | 你去告诉斯特林 还是我去 |
[14:49] | Unless you think it can wait until after the weekend. | 或者你觉得可以过了周末再说 |
[14:51] | I’ll take care of it. | 我来处理这件事 |
[15:06] | Were you buzzing me? | 您在叫我吗 |
[15:07] | My intercom was making a funny sound. | 我的对讲机发出了些奇怪的声音 |
[15:13] | Leave it. | 别管它 |
[15:15] | Do you wear Dr. Scholl’s inserts? | 你穿史库尔博士牌的衣服吗 |
[15:17] | I thought we all had to. | 我想我们都得穿 |
[15:18] | Take them out. | 把它们脱了 |
[15:21] | Get rid of this, please. | 请把这个扔了 |
[15:34] | We lost Dr. Scholl’s. | 我们丢了”史库尔博士” |
[15:36] | Where? | 丢给谁了 |
[15:38] | Leo.Burnett. | 里奥.伯内特 |
[15:39] | Campbell enjoyed telling me | 坎贝尔特意过来告诉我 |
[15:40] | It was something to do with creative. | 说是创意出了问题 |
[15:44] | I thought I should tell you. | 我想我该让你知道 |
[15:45] | Make sure the ink is dry on that raise. | 以免有人兴风作浪 |
[15:46] | That fat piece of shit. | 真该死 |
[15:49] | He’s a cigarette ash. | 他是个小人 |
[15:50] | Chicago. What a joke. | 芝加哥人 真可笑 |
[15:53] | Small time. | 一时得逞罢了 |
[15:55] | Sorry, maybe you’re from there. | 抱歉 也许你是从那来的 |
[15:57] | Well, I know I didn’t drop the ball on this. | 嗯 我知道这不是我的工作失误 |
[16:01] | Sales were steady. | 他们的销售情况很稳定 |
[16:02] | It probably didn’t help | 这也不能成为 |
[16:04] | That our billings crept up for no apparent reason. | 我们的广告费越来越高的原因 |
[16:06] | Eventually, an accountant is going to read the mail. | 最终 会计会去核对账单 |
[16:11] | If you’re trying to cheer me up, it’s working. | 如果你想安慰我 这话很奏效 |
[16:13] | The day you sign a client | 你签下客户的那天 |
[16:14] | Is the day you start losing them. | 你就开始失去他们了 |
[16:16] | You don’t really believe that. | 你并不相信这句话 |
[16:17] | You know what my father used to say? | 你知道我父亲过去常说什么吗 |
[16:19] | Being with a client is like being in a marriage. | 跟客户打交道 就像经历一次婚姻 |
[16:21] | Sometimes you get into it for the wrong reasons | 有时你为了一些错误的原因 深陷其中 |
[16:23] | And eventually, they hit you in the face. | 而最后 他们会给你迎头一击 |
[16:29] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[16:31] | Are we supposed to cry about this? | 我们该为此大哭一场吗 |
[16:33] | So we lost an account. | 我们少了一个提款帐户 |
[16:35] | That means we’ll just have to cut back. | 这意味着我们将不得不削减开支 |
[16:36] | Let’s go fire somebody. | 裁几个人吧 |
[16:41] | It’s Labor Day weekend. | 这个周末是劳动节 |
[16:43] | Between now and Monday | 从现在起直到周一 |
[16:45] | We have to fall in love a dozen times. | 我们要好好地风流快活 |
[16:47] | Betty’s at the shore. I’m headed down tomorrow. | 贝蒂在海滩等我 我明天要过去 |
[16:50] | What do we work so hard for? | 我们努力工作为了什么 |
[16:52] | To have enough money to buy fabulous vacations | 为了赚足够的钱 让全家外出过周末 |
[16:54] | For our families so we can live it up here. | 我们就能留在这儿纵情享乐 |
[16:56] | Give me tonight. You owe me that. | 就今晚 你欠我的 |
[16:58] | I can use you as bait. | 我可以用你做饵 |
[17:01] | There’s a casting call at 4:00. Double-sided aluminum. | 4点有个双面铝材广告的角色选拔会 |
[17:06] | If Freddie Rumsen’s brain works | 如果弗雷迪·拉姆森的大脑运转正常 |
[17:07] | The way I think it works, slow and obvious, | 我说的正常是指 又慢又没新意 |
[17:10] | I think we should go down to casting | 我想我们该过去 |
[17:11] | And see who’s on the couch. | 看看选手的情况 |
[17:13] | Remember, Don, when God closes a door, | 记住 唐 当上帝关上一扇门 |
[17:15] | He opens a dress. | 他会掀起一条裙子 |
[17:23] | What do you have there? Precious cargo? | 你手里拿着什么 重要的文件吗 |
[17:26] | Mr. Rumsen has me trafficking the Belle Jolie pouch. | 拉姆森先生要我去送妙龄佳人公司的文件 |
[17:28] | Aren’t you a busy beaver? | 你真是只忙碌的海狸啊 |
[17:30] | Hey, I’m talking to you. | 喂 我在跟你说话呢 |
[17:36] | If you want to see the proofs, | 如果你想看样本 |
[17:37] | You’ll have to check with Mr. Cosgrove. | 你得去问科斯格罗夫先生 |
[17:39] | It’s his account. | 这是他的客户 |
[17:40] | Look at you. Minister of Protocol. | 瞧瞧你自己 协议部长 |
[17:44] | So has Draper talked to Sterling yet? | 德雷珀跟斯特林谈过了吗 |
[17:46] | You’ll have to ask him. | 你去问他吧 |
[17:47] | I’m asking you. | 我在问你 |
[17:48] | You should talk to him. | 你应该去找他谈 |
[17:51] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[17:52] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 |
[17:54] | I’m just trying to do my job | 我只是努力把工作做好 |
[17:56] | And you’re making it very difficult. | 而你在为难我 |
[17:57] | Peggy, dear. I think I understand what this is about. | 佩奇 亲爱的 我想我知道是怎么回事了 |
[18:00] | But you’re not being professional right now. | 但你现在的表现可不够公私分明 |
[18:03] | I cannot believe I am in this conversation. | 我真不敢相信 我们要谈这个 |
[18:05] | You think this is easy for me? | 你以为这对我来说容易吗 |
[18:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:11] | I don’t know if you like me or if you don’t like me. | 我不知道你是否喜欢我 |
[18:15] | I’m just trying to get along here. | 我试着和你好好相处 |
[18:17] | And every time walk by, I wonder, | 每次你经过 我都在想 |
[18:21] | Are you going to be nice to me? | 你会好好对我吗 |
[18:24] | – Or cruel. – Cruel? | -还是会很残忍 -残忍 |
[18:27] | What am I supposed to say? | 我该说什么呢 |
[18:29] | I’m married. | 我结婚了 |
[18:31] | Yes, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[18:33] | And I heard all about how confusing that can be. | 还有什么”你很困惑” 这种话我听够了 |
[18:36] | Maybe you need me to lay on your couch | 为了让你摆脱这种困惑 |
[18:38] | To clear that up for you again? | 也许下次我又得躲在沙发底下 |
[18:42] | That’s some imagination you’ve got. | 你有想象力了 |
[18:45] | Good thing you’re a writer now. | 现在你可以去当作家了 |
[18:47] | What do you need me for? | 你还需要我做什么 |
[18:58] | It’s incredible. | 真不可思议 |
[18:59] | I mean, we’re just hanging out in the art department | 我是说 我们只是来美工部逛逛 |
[19:01] | And you two wander in. | 刚好碰到你们在这儿徘徊 |
[19:02] | We thought it was casting. | 我们以为选角开始了 |
[19:03] | I wish it was. | 我真希望是 |
[19:06] | I’d definitely pick you two. | 我绝对会选你们俩 |
[19:07] | I mean, you have such an exquisite look. | 我是说 你有如此精致的面庞 |
[19:10] | The bones of your face. | 你脸上的颧骨 |
[19:11] | And your sister, my goodness. | 还有你妹妹 我的上帝啊 |
[19:14] | You two look very different when you pay attention. | 仔细看 你们俩长得不一样 |
[19:17] | I have an older brother. | 我有个长兄 |
[19:20] | My neighbors growing up had a dairy, | 我童年时的邻居有座牛奶场 |
[19:21] | And one of the cows gave birth to two calves | 其中一只奶牛生了两只连体小牛 |
[19:24] | That were attached at the back. | 它们的背部连在一起 |
[19:25] | Then they cut them apart, | 后来他们强行将它们分开 |
[19:27] | But they always wanted to be together. | 但它们总是想待在一块儿 |
[19:30] | Is that what happened to you two? | 你们也是如此吗 |
[19:34] | Do you like Ukrainian food? | 你喜欢吃乌克兰菜吗 |
[19:36] | Let me ask you something, Draper. | 我有个疑问 德雷珀 |
[19:38] | Do any of these men have anything else to do? | 这些男人没有其他的事可做吗 |
[19:40] | Just wanted to make sure the girls were, you know… | 只是想确保这些女孩们 你知道的… |
[19:43] | Matching? | 跟我们的要求相符? |
[19:45] | Exactly. | 是的 |
[19:53] | Well, there you have it, Draper… | 这里归你了 德雷珀 |
[19:55] | Double-sided aluminum as envisioned by Sterling.Cooper. | 由斯特林·库珀策划的双面铝材广告 |
[20:05] | Look at you. | 瞧你 |
[20:07] | Roger Sterling. | 罗杰·斯特林 |
[20:09] | Eleanor. Eleanor Ames. | 埃莉诺 埃莉诺.艾玛斯 |
[20:13] | What a great God that made two of you. | 上帝多伟大 创造了你们两位可人 |
[20:16] | Oh, what a sweet thing to say. | 哦 说话真好听 |
[20:18] | Um, Mirabelle. | 米拉贝拉 |
[20:20] | This is Donald Draper. | 这位是唐纳德·德雷珀 |
[20:22] | He’s our creative director here. | 他是我们的创意总监 |
[20:23] | What a pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[20:27] | Well, honestly… | 嗯 老实说 |
[20:30] | I think we’re going to send everyone else home | 我想我们可以让其他人回去了 |
[20:32] | And use our authority to say that you two | 并以我们的权力宣布 你们两位 |
[20:34] | Are the new faces of Cartwright double-Sided Aluminum. | 成为卡特赖特双面铝材广告的新面孔 |
[20:38] | Oh, my God. Thank you. | 哦 上帝啊 谢谢你 |
[20:40] | I think this calls for a celebration. | 我想该去庆祝一下 |
[20:42] | Come on upstairs with us. | 跟我们一起上楼吧 |
[20:43] | One drink could be fun. | 去喝一杯也好 |
[20:46] | One last question. | 最后一个问题 |
[20:47] | How many birthdays have you had? | 你过了几个生日了 |
[20:49] | 20. | 20个 |
[20:51] | How about her? | 她呢 |
[20:58] | You’re coming, aren’t you, Don? | 你也一起 不是吗 唐 |
[21:12] | Aren’t you two a pair of bookends. | 你们真是一对书夹 [指她们长得相像] |
[21:14] | What do you say, Draper? | 你说呢 德雷珀 |
[21:15] | Shall we cast them in bronze | 我们把她们漆成青铜色 |
[21:17] | And mount them on the credenza? | 然后放到书柜上如何 |
[21:19] | Oh, my. | 哦 天啊 |
[21:20] | Everything he says means something else, too. | 他总是话里有话 |
[21:25] | It did get warm in here. | 这里变热了 |
[21:26] | They shut the air off at 5:00. | 5点关冷气 |
[21:28] | Oh, Rochester, get her an extra ice cube or something. | 哦 罗切斯特 给她加点冰块吧 |
[21:34] | So… Mirabelle, what’s your special talent? | 米拉贝拉 你有什么特长吗 |
[21:38] | Singing, dancing, baton twirling? | 唱歌 跳舞 或者指挥乐队 |
[21:42] | I ride. Mostly dressage. | 我骑马 通常是花式骑术 |
[21:44] | She has a wall full of blue ribbons | 她在温彻斯特的家 |
[21:46] | Back home in Winchester. | 荣誉勋章挂了一整面墙 |
[21:47] | Huh. You know, I have a few awards myself. | 你知道吗 我也得过些奖呢 |
[21:51] | Look at your skin. It’s translucent. | 瞧瞧你的皮肤 多么通透 |
[21:55] | That’s “see-through. “ | 仿佛清澈见底 |
[21:58] | Can I touch it? | 我能摸摸吗 |
[22:02] | I don’t see why not. | 我没有拒绝的理由 |
[22:03] | After all, I do work here now. | 毕竟 我现在在这儿工作了 |
[22:10] | That tickles. | 真痒 |
[22:13] | Soft as a lamb’s ear. | 柔软如羊羔的耳朵 |
[22:16] | Mm, you’ve got to feel this. | 你得过来感觉一下 |
[22:19] | I’m talking to you, Eleanor. | 我说你呢 埃莉诺 |
[22:30] | Do you love your sister? | 你爱你妹妹吗 |
[22:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[22:34] | Why don’t you show her how much? | 你可以展示一下有多爱 |
[22:35] | Give her a kiss. | 给她一个吻 |
[22:36] | Right now. | 现在 |
[22:42] | Why do people always ask us that? | 为什么人们总要求我们这样做 |
[22:45] | My God, because it’s a beautiful thing. | 上帝啊 因为这是件美好的事啊 |
[22:50] | Well… I should be heading home. | 嗯 我该回家了 |
[22:54] | Wunderbar. Have a great night. | 好极了 过个愉快的夜晚 |
[22:56] | You know what? I think we should go, too. | 你知道吗 我想我们也该走了 |
[22:58] | Oh, come on. | 哦 拜托 |
[22:59] | Nobody’s going anywhere. | 谁也别走 |
[23:02] | Do you want to dance? | 你想跳舞吗 |
[23:03] | That’s nice. | 这主意不错 |
[23:05] | Dance for us. | 给我们跳一段 |
[23:09] | I don’t dance. | 我不会跳舞 |
[23:14] | Sure you do. Look at that. | 你肯定会的 瞧瞧 |
[23:19] | I feel like I’m stuck somewhere between Doris Day | 我觉得我陷在多丽丝·戴 在电影<枕边细语> |
[23:21] | In Pillow Talk and Midnight Lace, | 和<午夜蕾丝>中的造型了 |
[23:24] | When what I need to be is | 而适合我的扮相 |
[23:26] | Kim Novak in just about anything. | 应该是金姆·诺娃克 |
[23:28] | You’re prettier than Kim Novak. | 你比金姆·诺娃克漂亮多了 |
[23:30] | What a rut. | 真是循规蹈矩 |
[23:31] | 1960, I am so over you. | 60年代 我真是受够了 |
[23:35] | Zip? | 拉链 |
[23:41] | Shalimar? | 一千零一夜香水[名贵品牌] |
[23:42] | Too much? | 喷太多了吗 |
[23:45] | You never say die, do you? | 你从不说完蛋了 对吗 |
[23:48] | What’s the point? | 什么意思 |
[23:51] | Oh, Carol, sweetie, it’s not that bad. | 哦 卡罗 亲爱的 事情没那么糟糕 |
[23:55] | Tomorrow is another day. | 明天又是新的一天 |
[23:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:59] | I’m okay, actually. | 我很好 真的 |
[24:01] | Good. | 那就好 |
[24:02] | No waterworks. Mascara. | 别再哭了 小心睫毛膏 |
[24:04] | I’m just so happy right now. | 我现在很开心 |
[24:06] | Okay, are you on the Gilbey’s already? | 你的心已经飞到吉尔贝酒吧了吧 |
[24:08] | No. I just love this, you know? | 不 我只是喜欢现在这样 你知道吗 |
[24:11] | Being with you. | 跟你在一起 |
[24:13] | We do know how to have fun, don’t we? | 我们都知道怎么找乐子 对吧 |
[24:17] | Joan… | 琼 |
[24:21] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[24:23] | I really do. | 我真的很爱 |
[24:26] | You. | 你 |
[24:31] | That first week in college, | 大学开学的第一周 |
[24:33] | I saw you walking on the commons, | 我看见你在院子里走过 |
[24:36] | And I thought, “Who is she?” | 我就想 “她是谁” |
[24:43] | Then college was over and you came here… | 大学毕业后 你来到这里 |
[24:47] | And I followed you. | 我一直跟着你 |
[24:51] | You needed a roommate. | 你需要个室友 |
[24:54] | I moved in. | 我就搬进来了 |
[24:58] | Just to be near you. | 只为了离你近点 |
[25:02] | I did everything I could to be near you. | 为了在你身边 我付出了很多 |
[25:05] | All with the hope | 只是希望 |
[25:08] | That one day… you would notice me. | 有一天… 你会注意到我 |
[25:17] | Joannie… | 琼妮… |
[25:22] | Just think of me as a boy. | 把我想成一个男孩吧 |
[25:33] | You’ve had a hard day. | 你今天过得很糟 |
[25:37] | Let’s go out and try to forget about it, okay? | 我们出去走走 把它忘掉 好吗 |
[25:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[25:46] | Good, because I’m starving. | 很好 因为我饿坏了 |
[26:05] | They seem to be having a lot of fun. | 他们看上去十分尽兴 |
[26:23] | Do you have any gum? | 你有口香糖吗 |
[26:26] | No. No, I don’t. | 不 不 我没有 |
[26:32] | Listen, I should get going. | 我该走了 |
[26:35] | Over to the left there. There you go. | 转弯去左边 快点 |
[26:38] | Don’t make me use my spurs on you. | 别逼我用鞭子哦 |
[26:39] | Easy. | 放松 |
[26:42] | Right over there by the trough. | 去那边的马槽 |
[26:53] | I really should go. | 我真的该走了 |
[26:58] | Eleanor. | 埃莉诺 |
[27:00] | I’ll be right outside. | 我就在外面 |
[27:03] | Let her go. | 让她走吧 |
[27:11] | Listen… let me call you a car. | 听着… 我帮你叫辆车吧 |
[27:14] | I should wait for my sister. | 我得等我姐姐 |
[27:17] | I mean, I’ve been around the block a few times, | 我是说 我已经来过这里好几次了 |
[27:21] | But her… | 但她… |
[27:24] | Now all you’re thinking about is going around the block, huh? | 你现在肯定想到街上走走吧 |
[27:29] | I don’t even think I can get out of the driveway. | 我觉得我不会从车上下来的 |
[27:33] | Please, just wait with me? | 请陪我一起等吧 |
[27:41] | I like your office. It’s really fancy. | 我喜欢你的办公室 它很别致 |
[27:44] | Mirabelle. Love that name. | 米拉贝拉 我爱这个名字 |
[27:49] | Listen to that. | 听啊 |
[27:51] | I haven’t heard Margaret laugh since she was 7. | 从玛格丽特7岁开始 我就没听过她笑了 |
[27:53] | Who’s Margaret? | 玛格丽特是谁 |
[27:54] | My daughter. | 我女儿 |
[27:57] | Yeah, I think I like Mirabelle better than Margaret. | 比起玛格丽特 我还是喜欢米拉贝拉 |
[28:00] | I wanted to name her Margaux, like the wine. | 我曾想给她起名叫玛格 像酒的名字 |
[28:03] | Lost that battle. | 我妻子死也不同意 |
[28:05] | I’m sure she would have hated Margaux almost | 我想这两个名字 |
[28:06] | As much as she hates Margaret. | 都令她讨厌 |
[28:10] | Why is she so angry? | 她为什么这么易怒呢 |
[28:13] | You’re only a little older than her. | 你只比她大一点 |
[28:14] | You’re not angry. | 你就不会生气 |
[28:18] | Don’t be sad. | 别难过 |
[28:22] | I just wish I could talk to her | 我只希望我跟她说话的时候 |
[28:22] | Without her rolling her eyes. | 她别老是翻白眼 |
[28:26] | Of course, she’s right. | 当然 她是对的 |
[28:27] | I have nothing to say to her. | 我跟她没什么好聊的 |
[28:29] | I’m sure that’s not so. | 我相信事实并非如此 |
[28:31] | Girls love their fathers. | 女孩都爱自己的父亲 |
[28:33] | You have such beautiful skin. | 你有如此美丽的肌肤 |
[28:36] | My God, I just want to eat it. | 天啊 我真想咬一口 |
[28:39] | I want to suck your blood like Dracula. | 我想像德古拉那样吸你的血[吸血鬼传说] |
[29:09] | Aren’t you two the sweetest for walking us up? | 你们陪我们进来真是体贴了 |
[29:10] | You should be roommates. | 你真适合当室友 |
[29:12] | He seems to be a delightful young man. | 他看上去是个快乐的年轻人 |
[29:14] | Ralph, you don’t teach at Fordham also? | 拉尔夫 你不也在福特汉姆教书吗 |
[29:16] | No, we were just sitting next to each other at the bar. | 不 我们只是在那个酒吧里 特意相邻坐着 |
[29:19] | And it seemed to be working. | 而且看来这很奏效 |
[29:21] | Carol, you know what we need? Ice. | 卡罗 你知道我们需要什么吗 冰块 |
[29:23] | Now where is that gin hiding? | 杜松子酒藏在哪儿了 |
[29:26] | Just so we’re clear about what’s what… | 让我们把话说清楚 |
[29:28] | The redhead is mine. | 我要红发的那个 |
[29:30] | So, Franklin, you’re into language. | 富兰克林 你精通语言学 |
[29:32] | Yes, well, it’s kind of a hobby of mine. | 是啊 这是我的嗜好 |
[29:34] | I do carpentry. I’m building a dry sink. | 我爱干木工活儿 我正在修建一个水池 |
[29:37] | I love language. | 我爱语言学 |
[29:38] | Words and their ways. | 词汇 和它们的表达方式 |
[29:41] | Well, this is just bad speech. | 对于那些糟糕的口语 |
[29:44] | I collect it. | 我把它收集起来 |
[29:45] | There’s this Polish janitor in our building. | 我们的大楼里有一个波兰的门卫 |
[29:48] | His name is Stash or Stanislaus. | 他的名字叫史黛斯 或斯坦尼斯洛斯 |
[29:51] | He’s locked me out of my office on more than one occasion. | 他不只一次意外地把我锁在办公室外面 |
[29:55] | One time, he described his bride as | 一次 他形容他的新娘 |
[29:58] | “Not speaking real good English. “ | “说的不是真正地道的英语” |
[30:05] | I cherish that gift. | 我觉得特别有意思 |
[30:07] | Put that in a book and sell it. | 把它写进书里 拿去卖 |
[30:10] | Well, this is a party, isn’t it? | 嗯 今晚是个聚会对吧 |
[30:15] | I was wondering if I could impose on the professor | 我在想 我是否可以麻烦教授 |
[30:18] | for one more teeny favor. | 再帮我一个小忙 |
[30:22] | I never say “no” to a beautiful girl. | 我从不对漂亮的女孩说不 |
[30:24] | The light fixture in my room is out. | 我房里的灯泡不亮了 |
[30:26] | Could you change it for me? | 你能帮我换一个吗 |
[30:28] | I’m up to that task. | 小菜一碟 |
[30:33] | We don’t have a lot of men around here. | 我们这儿没什么男人帮忙 |
[30:38] | Oh, it’s not that dark. | 哦 也没那么暗 |
[30:46] | Well… what are we going to do? | 嗯 我们接下来做什么呢 |
[31:00] | Whatever you want. | 都听你的 |
[31:05] | You’re married, aren’t you? | 你结婚了 对吧 |
[31:08] | Yes. Yes, I am. | 是啊 我结了 |
[31:11] | Yeah, you kiss like a married man. | 你吻得就像已婚男人 |
[31:14] | Your own way, no talking you out of it. | 你有自己的方式 不用叫你停下来 |
[31:17] | Is that good or bad? | 这是好还是不好 |
[31:19] | Oh, it’s good. | 哦 这挺好的 |
[31:22] | Tell me what to do, and I’ll do it. | 告诉我该怎么做 我都会的 |
[31:28] | Maybe it’s this office, but… you are selling too hard. | 也许是因为这间办公室 但是…你过于出卖自己了 |
[31:35] | Eleanor! Hello? | 埃莉诺 你在哪 |
[31:36] | Ellie, where are you? Something’s wrong! | 埃莉 你在哪 不好了 |
[31:45] | Your friend… Something’s wrong. | 你朋友… 出事了 |
[31:46] | I knew I shouldn’t have asked him to do it a second time. | 我就知道我不该让他再做一次 |
[31:49] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[31:51] | I… I feel like there’s a tank on my chest. | 我感觉胸前被一辆坦克压着似的 |
[31:57] | Just call an ambulance, and then leave. | 去叫辆救护车 然后离开这儿 |
[31:59] | Is he okay? | 他没事吧 |
[32:02] | Leave. Right there! | 离开 出口就在那儿 |
[32:20] | Mirabelle… | 米拉贝拉 |
[32:22] | Oh, Mirabelle. | 哦 米拉贝拉 |
[32:29] | Mona. | 莫娜 |
[32:31] | Your wife’s name is Mona. | 你妻子的名字是莫娜 |
[33:05] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样了 |
[33:11] | All these years I thought it would be the ulcer. | 这些年 我以为得了溃疡 |
[33:17] | I did everything they told me. | 我完全按他们说的去做 |
[33:19] | Drank the cream, ate the butter, | 饮用乳脂 吃黄油 |
[33:23] | Then I get hit with a coronary. | 结果却把动脉吃坏了 |
[33:30] | Son of a bitch, it hurts. | 该死 真难受 |
[33:32] | Well, you’re talking. That’s good. | 你至少能说话了 这是好事 |
[33:35] | That’s not what the doctors think. | 医生可不这么想 |
[33:40] | Don… | 唐… |
[33:43] | Do you believe in energy? | 你相信能量吗 |
[33:46] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[33:47] | Like the thing that gives you get up and go? | 就像是一种 能使你起床和行走的东西 |
[33:52] | No. | 不 |
[33:55] | Like a human energy. | 就像人类的动力 |
[34:01] | I don’t know, a… | 我不知道 一副… |
[34:06] | A soul? | 一副灵魂 |
[34:09] | What do you want to hear? | 你想让我说什么 |
[34:13] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[34:16] | I’ve been living the last 20 years | 我最后的这20年 |
[34:17] | Like I’m on shore leave. | 就像是航海员的上岸期 |
[34:19] | What the hell is that about? | 这究竟是怎么了 |
[34:20] | It’s living. | 这就是生活 |
[34:22] | Just like you said. | 就像你说的 |
[34:25] | God. | 天啊 |
[34:30] | I wish I was going somewhere. | 我希望我能到别的地方去看看 |
[34:44] | He’s doing great. | 他很好 |
[34:45] | Mona. | 莫娜 |
[34:55] | I love you so much, Mona. | 我真的很爱你 莫娜 |
[34:57] | Oh, God, I love you so much. | 哦 天啊 我真的爱你 |
[34:59] | I know. Sweetheart, I know. | 我知道 亲爱的 我知道 |
[35:15] | Listen to me, darling. | 听我说 亲爱的 |
[35:19] | Margaret is outside. | 玛格丽特在外面 |
[35:21] | – She needs to see you. – No. No. No. | -她想见你 -不 不 不 |
[35:23] | I can’t let her see me like this. | 我不能让她看见我这副德性 |
[35:30] | Roger… | 罗杰… |
[35:32] | I’m getting her. | 我去叫她 |
[36:10] | My goodness. | 我的上帝啊 |
[36:11] | All this from selling toilet paper. | 这些都是从卖厕纸起家的 |
[36:16] | Mr. Cooper, where is everyone? | 库珀先生 大家都哪去了 |
[36:18] | My roommate just gave me the message. | 我室友刚给我看了简讯 |
[36:20] | Out. | 出去 |
[36:22] | It’s the middle of the night. | 现在是深夜了 |
[36:23] | I’m not leaving you here. | 我不能把你留在这儿 |
[36:25] | You should go. | 你该离开 |
[36:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:30] | Suit yourself. | 随你的便 |
[36:34] | Miss Holloway, | 霍洛韦小姐 |
[36:35] | Roger.Sterling has suffered a heart attack. | 罗杰·斯特林的心脏病犯了 |
[36:38] | What? | 什么 |
[36:40] | He survived it, and is currently being hospitalized. | 他挺过来了 现在住在医院里 |
[36:44] | Now we need to immediately send a telegram | 现在我们需要立刻发一封电报 |
[36:47] | To every one of our clients | 给我们所有的客户 |
[36:49] | Assuring them that business will not be interrupted. | 向他们保证 生意不会受到影响 |
[36:52] | Of course. | 当然 |
[36:53] | This is the master client list… names, addresses. | 这是主要的客户名单 姓名 地址 |
[36:57] | I’ll read them out and you compose the telegram, huh? | 我来念 你来撰写电文 如何 |
[37:03] | Carl McElroy. | 卡尔·麦克艾尔罗伊 |
[37:07] | President, Alpine Real Estate. | 阿尔卑地产董事长 |
[37:16] | It’s me, Bets. | 是我 贝蒂 |
[37:18] | Were you sleeping? | 你睡了吗 |
[37:19] | Not really. | 还没呢 |
[37:21] | The kids are in bed with me. | 孩子们在我床上 |
[37:24] | Gloria and my father made such a big deal | 歌莉亚和我父亲 达成了一个重大决议 |
[37:27] | About having separate bedrooms. | 决定分房睡 |
[37:30] | Listen, Roger had a heart attack. | 听着 罗杰得了心脏病 |
[37:32] | What? | 什么 |
[37:35] | Don, that’s terrible. | 唐 这太可怕了 |
[37:37] | Is he going to be okay? | 他会没事吗 |
[37:39] | The doctors basically say they don’t know. | 医生也不清楚 |
[37:42] | Mona’s with him. | 莫娜在陪他 |
[37:44] | She must be a wreck. | 她一定吓坏了 |
[37:46] | It’s good that you’re there. | 还好你在那 |
[37:48] | – About tomorrow… – No, I understand. | -明天… -别说了 我理解 |
[37:52] | Well, what happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[37:55] | He was at work. | 他在工作 |
[37:59] | He just keeled over. | 不慎跌倒 |
[38:01] | It was awful, actually. | 简直太糟糕了 |
[38:03] | If the kids wouldn’t be so heartbroken, | 如果不是孩子们会伤心 |
[38:05] | I’d come home now. | 我现在一定赶回来 |
[38:08] | I don’t want to be here. | 我不想待在这儿 |
[38:11] | You should have seen the two of them in the kitchen tonight. | 你真该看看他们今晚在厨房的情形 |
[38:14] | She was making some pot roast with ketchup | 她正用番茄酱炖猪肉 |
[38:18] | And my father started hovering behind her, watching, | 我父亲一直站在她身后 看着她 |
[38:23] | Like he used to with my mother. | 就像他曾经看我母亲那样 |
[38:26] | How can he pretend that she never existed? | 他怎么能假装 她从没存在过 |
[38:28] | I still pick up the phone sometimes to call her. | 我有时还拿起电话想打给她 |
[38:31] | I don’t know, Bets. | 我不知道 贝蒂 |
[38:36] | I know people say life goes on, | 我知道人们常说 生活要延续 |
[38:39] | And it does. | 确实如此 |
[38:43] | But no one tells you that’s not a good thing. | 但没人告诉你 这并非是件好事 |
[38:45] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[38:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:52] | Stop thinking about that. | 别想了 |
[38:55] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[38:58] | I try. | 我试过了 |
[39:01] | Do you want me to come up there? | 你想让我过去吗 |
[39:06] | No. There’s nothing you can do. | 不 你也无能为力 |
[39:08] | Okay. Give Mona my love. | 好吧 向莫娜问候 |
[39:13] | And, Don… | 还有 唐… |
[39:14] | Make sure you eat something. | 你要吃点东西 |
[39:23] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样了 |
[39:24] | Not great. | 不太好 |
[39:25] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[39:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:31] | Every Republican politician wants you to believe | 每一个共和党人都想让你相信 |
[39:34] | That Richard Nixon is, quote, experienced. | 理查德·尼克松 用他们的话说 “阅历丰富” |
[39:38] | They even want you to believe that he has actually | 他们甚至想让你相信 他在白宫 |
[39:40] | Been making decisions in the White House. | 真正参与过决策 |
[39:42] | But listen to the man who should know better: | 但听听更知情的人是怎么说的: |
[39:45] | The President of the United States… | 美国总统… |
[39:47] | I just wondered if you could give us an example | 我只是想知道 您是否能给我们举个例子 |
[39:49] | Of a major idea of his | 关于他作为决策者提出的 |
[39:52] | That you had adopted in that role as the decider. | 并被您采纳的意见 |
[39:54] | If you give me a week, I might think of one. | 如果你给我一周时间 我也许能想到 |
[39:56] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[39:57] | At the same press conference, President Eisenhower said: | 在同样的新闻发布会上 总统艾森豪威尔说 |
[40:00] | No one can make a decision except me. | 除了我 没人可以做决定 |
[40:03] | For real leadership in the ’60s, | 为了60年代真正的领导者 |
[40:06] | Help elect Senator John F. Kennedy president. | 请投参议员约翰.肯尼迪当总统吧 |
[40:22] | I know it’s late. I’m sorry. | 我知道现在很晚了 对不起 |
[40:24] | I got the telegram. | 我收到电报了 |
[40:29] | Let me in. | 让我进去 |
[40:31] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[40:34] | No. | 不 |
[40:42] | You look terrible. | 你脸色真差 |
[40:45] | Can I get a drink? | 给我杯酒好吗 |
[40:47] | Of course. | 当然 |
[40:56] | Are you happy with the doctors? | 那些医生怎么样 |
[40:59] | I can have my father make a call. | 我可以让我父亲打个电话过去 |
[41:03] | I don’t know. He’s rich. | 我不知道 他很富有 |
[41:05] | They seem to be taking care of him. | 他们应该会把他照顾好 |
[41:07] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗 |
[41:12] | You can tell me. I’m not moving the account. | 你可以跟我说 我不会撤销合作的 |
[41:14] | He’s gray and weak. | 他很沮丧 虚弱 |
[41:22] | His skin looks like paper. | 脸色像白纸一样 |
[41:24] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[41:28] | He’s your friend, isn’t he? | 他是你的朋友 对吗 |
[41:31] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别吗 |
[41:32] | You don’t want to lose him. | 你不想失去他 |
[41:39] | Don, don’t. | 唐 别这样 |
[41:41] | What good is that going to do? | 这样下去有什么好处呢 |
[41:42] | Is this, like, some solar eclipse? | 这就像日食吧 |
[41:45] | The end of the world? Just do whatever you want? | 世界末日 你可以为所欲为 |
[41:48] | – I don’t know. – You do. | -我不知道 -你知道 |
[41:50] | You’re exhausted. | 你太累了 |
[41:52] | You need to sleep, that’s all. | 你需要好好睡一觉 |
[41:53] | I just need to sit down. | 我只需要坐下 |
[42:04] | Sit with me. | 陪我坐下 |
[42:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[42:06] | Because I feel like you’re looking right through me over there. | 因为我感觉你站在那会把我看穿 |
[42:09] | I’m not. | 我不会 |
[42:23] | I don’t like feeling like this. | 我不喜欢这种感觉 |
[42:26] | No one does. | 没人喜欢 |
[42:33] | I remember the first time I was a pall bearer. | 我记得我第一次当抬棺人 |
[42:40] | I’d seen dead bodies before. | 我以前看过死尸 |
[42:41] | I must have been 15. My aunt. | 我当时已经15岁了 我婶婶死了 |
[42:46] | I remember thinking… | 我记得当时在想… |
[42:50] | They’re letting me carry the box. | 他们要让我抬那个箱子 |
[42:52] | They’re letting me be this close to it. | 他们要让我离它这么近 |
[42:54] | No one is hiding anything from me now. | 没人再向我隐藏任何事了 |
[42:58] | And I looked over, and I saw all the old people | 我四下观察 看见所有的大人 |
[43:03] | Waiting together by the grave. | 都守候在坟墓边 |
[43:07] | I remember thinking, I’ve… | 我记得当时在想 我… |
[43:12] | I’ve just moved up a notch. | 我已经长大了 |
[43:16] | I’ve never heard you talk that much before. | 我从没听你说过这么多 |
[43:20] | – Rachel… – What do you want from me? | -雷切尔… -你想从我这儿得到什么 |
[43:24] | You know. I know you do. | 你知道的 我知道你知道 |
[43:26] | You know everything about me. | 你了解我的一切 |
[43:28] | I don’t. | 我不知道 |
[43:37] | You don’t want to do this. You have a wife. You should go to her. | 你不想这样做的 你有妻子 你应该去找她 |
[43:40] | Jesus, Rachel. | 天啊 雷切尔 |
[43:42] | This is it. | 就是这种感觉 |
[43:45] | This is all there is, and I feel like it’s slipping | 完全是这种感觉 我感觉它要从我手指间 |
[43:48] | Through my fingers like a handful of sand. | 溜走 如同一把沙子 |
[43:53] | This is it. | 就是这种感觉 |
[43:56] | This is all there is. | 完全是这种感觉 |
[43:57] | That’s just an excuse for bad behavior. | 这只是为行为不轨找的借口 |
[44:02] | You don’t really believe that. | 你并不真的相信吧 |
[44:28] | No. | 不 |
[44:29] | Not unless you tell me you want this. | 除非你说你想要 |
[44:37] | Yes, please. | 我要 请吧 |
[44:59] | Miss Holloway, I know it’s none of my business, | 霍洛韦小姐 我知道这不关我的事 |
[45:03] | But you could do a lot better. | 但你本应该做得更好 |
[45:06] | He’s just a friend. | 他只是一个朋友 |
[45:08] | That’s not what I’m talking about, my dear. | 这不是我要说的 亲爱的 |
[45:11] | Don’t waste your youth on age. | 别把青春浪费在老人身上 |
[45:21] | Could you? Lobby. | 麻烦你 去大厅 |
[45:37] | Do you want one? | 你来一支吗 |
[45:40] | No. | 不 |
[45:52] | You told me your mother died in childbirth. | 你说过你母亲死于难产 |
[45:57] | Mine did, too. | 我妈妈也是 |
[46:02] | She was a prostitute. | 她是个妓女 |
[46:09] | I don’t know what my father paid her, | 我不知道我父亲给了她什么 |
[46:11] | But when she died, they… | 但她死后 他们 |
[46:14] | Brought me to him and his wife. | 把我交给他和他的妻子 |
[46:20] | And when I was 10 years old, he died. | 我10岁的时候 他也过世了 |
[46:27] | He was a drunk who got kicked in the face by a horse. | 他喝醉了 脸上被马踢了一脚 |
[46:36] | She buried him and took up with some other man, and… | 她火化了他 又找了另一个男人 |
[46:43] | I was raised by those two sorry people. | 我被这两个可怜的人抚养长大 |