时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:43] | Listen, can you mail this for me today? | 今天能帮我把它寄出去吗 |
[00:47] | Sure, Whitman. | 可以 惠特曼 |
[00:48] | It’s going to be at least 40 cents. | 至少得要40美分 |
[00:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:28] | Mama, Mrs. Winter is a busybody. | 妈妈 温特先生爱管闲事 |
[01:32] | You’re threatening me. | 你在威胁我 |
[01:36] | I’m glad he wants to see me, | 他愿意见我我很高兴 |
[01:37] | but I… I don’t want to see him. | 但 但我不想见他 |
[01:41] | I’m working a lot right now. I don’t have a lot of time. | 我目前工作很忙 没多少时间 |
[01:46] | I have to go. | 我得挂了 |
[01:50] | Were you listening to my phone call? | 你在偷听我的电话吗 |
[01:52] | You mean your personal phone call? | 你是指你的私人电话吧 |
[01:56] | Good morning, Mr. Draper. | 早上好 德雷柏先生 |
[01:58] | Peggy, will you get me a glass of ice water? | 佩奇 帮我拿杯冰水好吗 |
[02:00] | Someone hasn’t told the sun it’s October. | 太阳先生忘记现在都十月了 |
[02:02] | – Miss Holloway. – Mr. Draper, | -霍洛韦小姐 -德雷柏先生 |
[02:03] | It’s the Clients’ Luncheon. | 关于客户午宴 |
[02:05] | Mr. Cooper said you were responsible While Mr. Sterling is out. | 库珀先生说斯特林先生不在时由你负责 |
[02:08] | Didn’t you handle most of Mr. Sterling’s catering questions? | 这类事情向来不是由你负责吗 |
[02:11] | Continue doing that. | 还是你来吧 |
[02:12] | How is he? Have you visited? | 他怎么样了 你去看过他吗 |
[02:14] | I have. He’s less sickly. | 去过 没那么严重了 |
[02:18] | I hope he knows how concerned we all are. | 希望他知道大家都很关心他 |
[02:22] | – Good morning, chief. – Don. | -早上好 老大 -唐 |
[02:27] | Joan’s been a bitch lately. | 琼最近脾气不大好 |
[02:29] | Anyone else notice that? | 你们注意到没 |
[02:30] | Oh, absolutely. | 当然看到了 |
[02:31] | – I like it. – Oh, do you? | -我喜欢她那样 -是吗 |
[02:38] | This got kicked over from Ed Baltz at Compton. | 这是从康普顿的艾德·巴尔茨那转过来的 |
[02:41] | We sent them Firestone last month | 因为跟固特异橡胶公司的冲突 |
[02:43] | Because of our conflict with Goodyear. | 我们上个月将燧石的案子给了他们 |
[02:44] | This is how they repaid the favor. | 他们却恩将仇报 |
[02:46] | Look at that. | 看看这个 |
[02:47] | I think it’s a modified Lionel transformer. | 好像是改良的莱昂内尔变压器 |
[02:50] | Well, I never thought I’d say this, but what does the research say? | 我本不想问 但是研究结果怎么样 |
[02:53] | Weight loss is a hard thing to prove. | 减肥成功不是那么容易证明的 |
[02:55] | No, it isn’t. It’s “before” and “after” pictures | 你错了 前后的照片对比很容易证明 |
[02:58] | Since the dawn of time. | 向来如此 |
[02:59] | Mr. Martin Buckwald, its inventor, he calls it the P.E.R., | 这机器由马汀·布克瓦尔德先生发明 |
[03:03] | Or Passive Exercise Regime. | 他称之为被动锻炼法 |
[03:05] | So it needs a name. | 那还得取个名字 |
[03:12] | The Electrocizer. | 电动锻炼器 |
[03:14] | For a slimmer, better you. | 让你更瘦更漂亮 |
[03:16] | That helps a little. | 这不错 |
[03:19] | Regarding slimmer, | 说起变瘦 |
[03:20] | Buckwald has a fair amount of testimonials, | 布克瓦尔德可收到了不少感谢信 |
[03:23] | But unfortunately none you can take a picture of. | 可是又不能给那些东西拍照 |
[03:25] | We tried to get our own testimonials. | 我们想自己找一些人现身说法 |
[03:27] | Some of the fellas brought it home to their wives. | 有些同仁带回家送给了妻子 |
[03:29] | And? | 然后呢 |
[03:30] | It’s tricky. I, uh, gave it to Jennifer. | 很奇怪 我给了詹妮弗 |
[03:32] | She took it the wrong way. | 可她误会了 |
[03:34] | She told me to wear it. | 她还叫我穿 |
[03:38] | Violet has it. | 沃尔蕾特用过 |
[03:40] | She says the scales are the same, | 她说体重没有改变 |
[03:41] | but she hasn’t given up on it | 不过她还是在继续使用 |
[03:43] | Like she does with diets after a week. | 她之前节食可只坚持了一周 |
[03:45] | Mitch and some of the other guys… | 还有米奇和其他一些人 |
[03:47] | We had eight belts. | 我们用了八个腰带 |
[03:48] | Again, there’s been no weight loss yet. | 可是没有人体重下降 |
[03:50] | Who cares if it works? | 谁在乎这有没有用 |
[03:51] | They’re offering us commission on media, | 他们给我们钱让我们宣传 |
[03:53] | Plus a bounty on every unit upside of last year’s comps. | 每比去年多销售一个就多一份分红 |
[03:56] | But fake weight loss claims? | 但是要假称体重下降吗 |
[04:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:12] | What about her? | 她怎么样 |
[04:13] | She’s obviously losing some kind of battle. | 显然她可不瘦 |
[04:17] | You may have to let it out a little. | 还是得减减肥才好 |
[04:19] | Maybe you should put her on your regimen | 也许你应该让她像你那样 |
[04:20] | Of sprinting out the door every day at 5 to 5. | 每天上下班都跑步 |
[04:23] | What I’m saying is she did a heck of a job on Belle Jolie. | 我想说的是她妙龄佳人口红的案子做得不错 |
[04:27] | Maybe lightning will strike twice. | 也许好运会来两次 |
[04:29] | I don’t think Peggy’s the answer. | 我觉得在佩奇身上找不到出路 |
[04:32] | I promised Buckwald we’d go with our big guns. | 我答应布克瓦尔德我们会派出最好的人手 |
[04:36] | Our big guns have been silent. | 我们最厉害的家伙已经熄火了 |
[04:39] | Peggy! | 佩奇 |
[04:43] | Did you need more water? | 还要水吗 |
[04:46] | This device is a new product. | 这个装置是个新产品 |
[04:50] | I would like you to give us your thoughts on it. | 希望你能提一些意见 |
[04:53] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[04:55] | No. | 不是 |
[04:56] | It’s a weight loss belt, it says. | 这是减肥腰带 |
[05:00] | It, uh, stimulates the muscles, imitating calisthenics. | 它会通过模仿健美操动作来刺激肌肉 |
[05:04] | You’d be perfect for it. | 你是最好的人选 |
[05:07] | Why? | 为何 |
[05:09] | Because you’re a woman. | 因为你是个女人 |
[05:10] | And we’d like your point of view. | 而我们恰好需要女性的意见 |
[05:15] | I’m getting another account? | 那这是给我的另一个案子吗 |
[05:17] | It’s an assignment, not an account. | 这是任务 不是广告案 |
[05:24] | Go ahead, sweetheart. Take it for a spin. | 拿去用吧 小甜心 好好用 |
[05:31] | Uh, am I allowed to change the name? | 我可以给它换个名字吗 |
[05:35] | Yes. | 可以 |
[05:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:39] | That’ll be all. | 没事了 |
[05:46] | I need 3.59 for the phone bill. | 你得给我3.59元电话费 |
[05:48] | I told you I never use it. | 我说过我没用过 |
[05:50] | But you do use the saltines and the Velveeta and the liverwurst. | 但你吃了撒盐饼干 维菲塔乳酪还有肝泥香肠 |
[05:54] | I never even got any. | 我从没吃到过 |
[05:55] | I had some people over | 你周二出去喝酒时 |
[05:55] | while you were out drinking on Tuesday. | 我有些朋友过来了 |
[05:58] | 3.59. That’s your half of the phone. | 3.59元 你该付的一半电话费 |
[06:01] | You should use it more. | 你应该多打点电话 |
[06:03] | I have work to do. | 我有工作要做 |
[06:05] | I don’t know why you do that. | 我不知道你为什么会这样 |
[06:07] | When I leave the office, I’m done. | 我下班后从不加班 |
[07:56] | Do you have to go home? | 你要回家吗 |
[07:59] | No. | 不用 |
[08:01] | Good. I don’t want you to. | 太好了 我不想你走 |
[08:05] | I don’t want to. | 我也不想走 |
[08:14] | This is hard for me. | 这对我太难了 |
[08:18] | Mostly because I can’t even imagine how hard it must be for you. | 主要是因为我不敢想象这对你有多难 |
[08:24] | I don’t think about it. | 我不去想 |
[08:27] | I mean, I try not to. | 我是说 我尽量不去想 |
[08:29] | Must be a powerful mind you have there, | 你一定有很强的意志力 |
[08:33] | Because I can’t control mine. | 我就不能控制我自己 |
[08:38] | I keep thinking about us being together. | 我一直想象我俩在一起的样子 |
[08:41] | We are together. | 我们现在就在一起 |
[08:43] | I know, but… | 我知道 可是 |
[08:48] | I don’t know if I understand how this works, | 我不知道这样是否行得通 |
[08:52] | Where it goes. | 会有什么结果 |
[08:55] | I’m worried it’s a fantasy. | 我担心这是一个幻境 |
[09:00] | It’s not. | 这不是 |
[09:03] | I told you, I’m right where I’m supposed to be. | 我跟你说过 我很清楚自己要做的事 |
[09:20] | I just haven’t figured out what to do yet. | 我只是还没想到要做什么 |
[09:38] | I’m sorry. Would you like me to wait outside? | 对不起 要我在外面等吗 |
[09:41] | It’s up to you. | 随你 |
[09:43] | I, um, I did the work on the weight loss belt, | 我进行了关于减肥腰带的研究 |
[09:46] | Like you asked. | 如你要求那样 |
[09:47] | That was fast. | 你很迅速 |
[09:49] | You asked me to. | 这是你的要求 |
[09:50] | And what is your unique point of view? | 那你有什么独特见解 |
[09:53] | I wrote it down. | 我写下来了 |
[09:56] | Summarize. | 简要说一下 |
[09:59] | It’s one day. I don’t know if I lost any weight. | 只有一天时间 我不知道有没有减下去一点 |
[10:01] | Do you feel different? | 你感觉有所不同吗 |
[10:03] | I wrote it down. | 我写下来了 |
[10:13] | Peggy, you’re saying even less in here than you are now. | 佩奇 你写得比你说的还少 |
[10:17] | It’s hard to put into words. | 很难用言语形容 |
[10:19] | Then you have failed. | 那你就没有完成任务 |
[10:23] | You definitely feel something | 是有所感觉 |
[10:26] | That I think some women… would like to feel. | 我觉得有些女人会喜欢 |
[10:32] | Where is that here? | 这里面写在哪里 |
[10:36] | It vibrates. | 它会震动 |
[10:40] | And that coincides with how you wear it. | 再想想腰带的位置 |
[10:48] | Oh. I see that here: | 我看见了 |
[10:51] | “A sensation. “ | 一种感觉 |
[10:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:54] | It explains its success. | 这解释了它为什么会畅销 |
[10:56] | And it basically made me think | 我只是觉得 |
[10:58] | It was probably… unrelated to weight loss. | 这可能跟减肥没什么关系 |
[11:03] | We now have a benefit. | 总算是一个产品优点 |
[11:04] | And we just have to figure out how to put it into words. | 我们现在只需要想一下词语来形容 |
[11:06] | Have another go at it. | 你再试一试 |
[11:07] | I will work on that, Mr. Draper. | 好的 德雷柏先生 |
[11:11] | Peggy, just think about it deeply. | 佩奇 先仔细思考 |
[11:16] | Then forget it, | 然后忘掉你所想的 |
[11:17] | And an idea will… jump up in your face. | 接着就会有奇思妙想涌出你的脑海 |
[11:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:36] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 不好意思 女士 |
[11:36] | I hate to bother you. | 抱歉打扰了您 |
[11:38] | I’m from the Frederick Air Conditioning Company, | 我是弗雷德里克空调公司的员工 |
[11:40] | And I’d like to talk to you | 我想跟您介绍一个 |
[11:41] | About an opportunity to live in frozen comfort. | 让您的家变得更凉爽舒适的好东西 |
[11:44] | I’m not interested. | 我不感兴趣 |
[11:46] | Could I trouble you for a glass of water? | 能给我杯水吗 |
[11:49] | It’s a scorcher out here. | 外面太热了 |
[11:53] | I… | 我 |
[11:55] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[11:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:29] | You know, we have many units in all price ranges. | 夫人 我们有不同价位的产品 |
[12:34] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:37] | I’m married to a salesman. | 我先生就是推销员 |
[12:40] | And I’m sure my husband and I can brave another week | 我相信他和我能再坚持一个星期 |
[12:43] | Or however long this Indian summer’s going to be. | 或者坚持完这个酷夏 |
[12:46] | Can I come back when he is here? | 那等您丈夫在时我再来好吗 |
[12:48] | I mean, a unit here or in your living room… | 在这里或者您的客厅里安个装置 |
[12:52] | We wouldn’t even have to alter your window. | 根本都不用整改你的窗户 |
[12:54] | We could just cut a hole right above it. | 只用在这上面钻一个小孔 |
[12:57] | You see this gap? | 看见这个缝隙了吗 |
[12:59] | That’s where your cool air, whatever there is of it, | 本来这里用来降温 可里面的东西 |
[13:01] | is escaping. | 正在泄露 |
[13:02] | From that little space? | 就从那么小的洞里吗 |
[13:04] | Yes. And there’s a science to how heat patterns work. | 对 冷热变化是有科学依据可循的 |
[13:08] | Now, what you need is a unit here downstairs | 你现在只需在楼下 |
[13:11] | and one in your bedroom. | 和卧室各装一个装置 |
[13:12] | That’s if you have the right construction. | 只要结构正确 |
[13:16] | That would be nice. | 听起来不错 |
[13:19] | I could take down some numbers, | 我可以记下一些数据 |
[13:21] | you know, measure everything. | 就是测量一下 |
[13:23] | Write up an estimate… | 再给你们一个大概费用 |
[13:25] | Something you could discuss with your husband When he comes home. | 你可以等你丈夫回来后跟他商量 |
[13:29] | I guess that would be okay. | 我想这样可以 |
[13:49] | You know… | 那个 |
[13:50] | My husband… | 我先生 |
[13:53] | I think he would rather go to Sears. | 我觉得他可能更愿受热 |
[13:57] | If that’s what you want. | 如果您这么想的话 |
[13:58] | You should go. | 你该走了 |
[14:00] | I can just guess what this would cost and put it under your door when your husband comes home. | 我可以估算一下花费再送给你先生看 |
[14:04] | Please go. | 请你走吧 |
[14:22] | Fernando, we are pleased to hear that case sales have more than doubled. | 费尔南多 听说销售额翻番我们很高兴 |
[14:26] | We still believe that most of the credit goes to your rum. | 大部分功劳可要归功于你的朗姆酒 |
[14:30] | Say hello from me. | 替我问好 |
[14:32] | Bert Cooper says it is a unique pleasure working with you. | 伯特·库珀说跟你合作是难得的荣幸 |
[14:35] | I just finish trying to talk Lucky Strike off a ledge | 我刚刚结束了和幸福时光公司的谈话 |
[14:40] | Junior or Senior? | 老的还是小的 |
[14:41] | Senior. He’s coming for lunch tomorrow | 老的 他明天过来一起吃午餐 |
[14:43] | To see if Roger is still involved. | 想知道罗杰是否还在参与 |
[14:46] | And they’re having this lunch bedside, I suppose? | 他们是要在病床边吃午餐吗 |
[14:48] | I invited him here to see for himself. | 我要请他到公司来亲眼看看 |
[14:52] | He called my bluff. | 他以为我骗他 |
[14:55] | Clear tomorrow. | 明天刚好让他看清楚 |
[14:57] | I need you to, uh, | 我需要你 |
[15:00] | Draw focus from our guest of honor. | 让我们的贵宾把注意力转到你身上 |
[15:05] | …Was number 2 in his class at Columbia Law School. | 是哥伦比亚法学院他们班的第二名 |
[15:08] | He works with Morgenthau, | 他与摩根索共事 |
[15:10] | And having been captivated by him at more than one cocktail party, | 一起参加过几次鸡尾酒会 完全被他吸引了 |
[15:13] | He is a charmer. | 他是个万人迷 |
[15:15] | I can see he does something for you, | 我看得出你对他动了心 |
[15:16] | But I don’t know if this is the right time. | 可我不知道现在是否合适 |
[15:18] | Because you’re getting so much younger every day? | 因为你会越来越年轻吗 |
[15:22] | Because I don’t know if my heart would be in it. | 因为我不知道是否能全心投入 |
[15:25] | Are you seeing that goy? | 你跟那个异邦人在交往吗 |
[15:29] | A little bit. | 差不多吧 |
[15:30] | Well, I told you I wouldn’t let that stop me. | 我告诉过你我也不会因此停下脚步的 |
[15:34] | What if he were, um… | 若他 |
[15:36] | You’re mumbling. | 你结巴了 |
[15:40] | What if he were married? | 若他是有妇之夫呢 |
[15:42] | My goodness. | 我的天 |
[15:46] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[15:48] | Nothing’s happened. | 没发生什么事呢 |
[15:49] | Good. | 那就好 |
[15:52] | But I have been thinking about it. | 可我一直在想 |
[15:56] | The two of us together. | 想我跟他在一起 |
[16:00] | It feels so natural. I feel so close to him. | 这种感觉如此自然 我感到跟他如此贴近 |
[16:03] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:04] | He’s married, but I don’t think he’s happy. | 他是结婚了 可我觉得他不开心 |
[16:07] | Obviously. | 显然是 |
[16:11] | What does it matter? Nothing’s going to happen. | 这有什么大不了 反正不会发生什么 |
[16:13] | All I know is what I see in the movies. | 我知道的就是电影所描写的那样 |
[16:14] | It’s magical, | 爱情似乎有着神奇的魔力 |
[16:15] | And then they start talking about him leaving his wife, | 然后他们说他要离开他妻子了 |
[16:19] | And then he doesn’t. | 可最后他还是没有 |
[16:21] | I saw this one where the husband gets the woman pregnant | 有一部里那女的怀孕了 所以那个有妇之夫 |
[16:23] | so he kills her. | 就杀了她 |
[16:24] | You don’t want to be that woman. | 你不会想成为那样的女人 |
[16:30] | Go ahead. | 打开吧 |
[16:36] | Oh, please. Whatever it says is going to seem related to this. | 那上面的话好像跟现在说的事有关 |
[16:40] | “You are your own worst enemy. “ | 你是你自己最大的敌人 |
[16:43] | That’s yours. | 那是你的纸条 |
[16:56] | You look tired. | 你看起来很累 |
[16:59] | I am. | 确实很累 |
[17:02] | You’re working too much. | 你工作太多了 |
[17:06] | No, it’s just… | 也不是 就是 |
[17:12] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[17:19] | It’s too hot in here anyway. | 屋里太热了 |
[17:31] | You know, we’re losing a lot of our cool air | 你知道吗 很多冷空气 |
[17:33] | Through the windows in the dining room? | 都从餐厅里的窗户流走了吗 |
[17:38] | What? | 什么 |
[17:40] | Nothing. It’s just something the salesman said. | 没什么 就是推销员说的 |
[17:44] | What was he doing in the dining room? | 他在餐厅里干什么 |
[17:47] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[17:51] | You let a stranger in my house? | 你让陌生人进了我的房子 |
[17:53] | Don’t raise your voice. | 别那么大声 |
[17:55] | I damn well will raise my voice. | 我当然大声 |
[17:56] | Do you have any idea what could have happened? | 你难道没想过可能会发生什么吗 |
[17:59] | I could have bought an air conditioner. | 我可能会买个空调 |
[18:01] | It’s hot. | 天很热 |
[18:03] | Salesmen go into people’s homes every day. | 销售员每天都会进到人们的房屋 |
[18:06] | It’s like when you turn on a television set | 这就像你打开电视机 |
[18:09] | and then you turn it off, it… | 关掉电视机 |
[18:11] | Look, you didn’t want to spend the money… | 你要是不想花钱 |
[18:13] | Good night, Betty. | 晚安 贝蒂 |
[18:35] | I feel like I should make a speech. | 我感到应该发表演讲 |
[18:39] | Get back to work. | 回去做事吧 |
[18:43] | Welcome back. You look good. | 欢迎回来 你看起来不错 |
[18:46] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[18:47] | One hour. That’s all you get. | 一个小时 过时不许 |
[18:52] | You be a good boy. | 乖一点 |
[18:57] | I shall be both dog and pony. | 我既要当雄狮也要当乖乖羊 |
[18:59] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[19:04] | He looks like death. | 他看起来面如死灰 |
[19:05] | I know. His hair and his skin are the same color. | 我看见了 他的头发和皮肤几乎是一个颜色 |
[19:10] | Not really. | 不完全一样 |
[19:15] | That’s the spot… exactly where it happened. | 就是这里 就是在这里发生的 |
[19:20] | I can still feel it. | 我还能感觉到 |
[19:29] | Miss Holloway, we brought you here because of your discretion. | 霍洛韦小姐 因为你向来谨慎我们才带你来 |
[19:35] | Can you help us with this? His color? | 能帮我们吗 他的脸色 |
[19:39] | Hey, honey. | 宝贝 |
[19:42] | Well, you know, we don’t need Miami Beach, | 可不用弄得像从迈阿密海滩度假回来一样 |
[19:45] | But, uh, just do what you can do. | 尽你所能吧 |
[19:59] | Can I kiss you? | 我能吻你吗 |
[20:01] | I don’t know if I could handle it. | 我可不知道受不受得起 |
[20:20] | We should have done this for Nixon before the debates. | 在尼克松电视辩论前我们也该为他化个妆 |
[20:24] | Oh, the arrogance of that campaign. | 大选的人向来自命不凡 |
[20:27] | It’s infuriating. | 太让人生气了 |
[20:29] | Being the incumbent is even harder. | 在职者就更难做了 |
[20:30] | You can’t just sit on your ass and look presidential. | 你不能只坐在那里表现得像总统 |
[20:34] | You probably shouldn’t get so upset. | 也许你不该这么忧心忡忡 |
[20:35] | It’s not good for you. | 这对你不好 |
[20:37] | I missed you. | 我想你 |
[20:39] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吧 |
[20:43] | I missed you, too. | 我也想你 |
[20:46] | Oh, Joannie, Joannie, look at that mouth. | 琼妮 琼妮 看看你的小嘴 |
[20:51] | You’re not doing my lips. | 你不是要给我化嘴唇吧 |
[20:53] | My rouge is too dark, | 我的腮红颜色太深 |
[20:55] | but I have this light lipstick. | 幸好我还有这个浅色的口红 |
[20:57] | You’ll draw freckles on me, too, like Raggedy Andy? | 你还要给我化皱纹对吗 就像破烂娃娃那样 |
[21:04] | Look, I want to tell you something | 琼 我想跟你说一些话 |
[21:06] | Because you’re very dear to me, | 因为你对我来说很重要 |
[21:09] | And I hope you understand it comes from the bottom | 希望你知道这番话发自 |
[21:10] | of my… damaged, damaged heart. | 我不堪重负的心灵深处 |
[21:19] | You are the finest piece of ass I ever had, | 你是我拥有的最美妙的礼物 |
[21:22] | and I don’t care who knows it. | 我不在乎有没有人知道 |
[21:25] | I am so glad I got to roam those hillsides. | 我很高兴能跟你有那么快乐的日子 |
[21:29] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[21:30] | I mean it. | 我是真心的 |
[21:33] | I’ve had a lot of time | 我最近有很多时间去想 |
[21:33] | To think about the things I’ve done and been sorry about, | 我曾做过的后悔的事 |
[21:37] | And being with you is not one of them. | 可我不后悔跟你在一起 |
[21:51] | That’s not what I wanted. | 我可不想你这样 |
[21:55] | You look better. | 你看起来好多了 |
[22:15] | I should have come over. | 我应该去你家的 |
[22:19] | That’s a silly idea. | 这可不是好主意 |
[22:20] | Damn it. | 可恶 |
[22:22] | Soon the milk stains are going to meet the sweat stains. | 很快奶迹就要蔓延到汗渍这处了 |
[22:29] | Should we get out of here and let her sleep? | 我们要出去吗 让她好好睡觉 |
[22:31] | I’d love to, but the door’s noisier than our talking. | 我倒想 可门的声音比说话声还吵 |
[22:35] | She’s actually a good sleeper, thank God, | 实际上她不容易醒 谢天谢地 |
[22:37] | Even with the heat rash. | 即使长了痱子都能睡得很好 |
[22:40] | Poor thing. | 可怜的小家伙 |
[22:41] | And it actually gets hotter at night. | 晚上还要更热 |
[22:45] | Did you think about buying an air conditioner | 你有打算从昨天的推销员那里 |
[22:47] | from that pushy young man yesterday? | 买部空调吗 |
[22:49] | Is that what he was selling? | 他卖的是空调吗 |
[22:53] | He looked like one of Carlton’s squash buddies. | 他看起来就像跟卡尔顿一起打壁球的球友 |
[22:57] | Made me sorry I answered the door. | 开了门就后悔了 |
[22:59] | He was very pushy. | 他非常主动 |
[23:01] | He came in and started measuring things. | 一进门就开始量东西 |
[23:05] | Don was not happy about that. | 唐可不大高兴 |
[23:07] | Don was there? | 唐当时也在吗 |
[23:08] | No. | 不在 |
[23:13] | Carlton would break my arm. | 如果是我 卡尔顿会打断我的手 |
[23:16] | It was foolish letting him in. | 让他进来实在太傻了 |
[23:27] | Why would you tell him? | 你为什么要告诉他 |
[23:32] | It just came up. | 话不知怎么就到了嘴边 |
[23:37] | I wasn’t thinking. | 我没想那么多 |
[23:39] | What did he do? | 那他怎么说 |
[23:40] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[23:42] | He lost his temper. | 他发火了 |
[23:47] | He’s very protective. | 他保护意识很重 |
[23:52] | Just as you requested, a little of our local color: | 如你要求 我们带来了一些本地特色菜 |
[23:56] | Pastrami, cole slaw, sour pickles. | 烟熏牛肉 菜丝沙拉 酸泡菜 |
[23:59] | I like it. | 我很喜欢 |
[24:01] | It’s Yankee barbecue. | 是洋基烧烤 |
[24:10] | They’re all ours. | 都是我们抽的 |
[24:13] | Here they are now. | 他们来了 |
[24:16] | – Roger. – Hello, Lee. | -罗杰 -你好 李 |
[24:17] | – Hello, Don. – Lee. | -你好 唐 -你好 李 |
[24:18] | Jimmy, Preston, how do you do? | 吉米 普雷斯顿 你们好 |
[24:24] | It’s wonderful to see you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[24:26] | Well, from what I hear, | 我听到的可是 |
[24:27] | You boys had all but given me up for dead. | 你们这些家伙都当我死了呢 |
[24:29] | I don’t think it’s wrong | 我们关心你的身体健康 |
[24:30] | For us to express our concern for your well-being. | 可没有什么错 |
[24:35] | Well, I know how much you love your delicatessen. | 我知道你们很爱吃这些小食 |
[24:39] | But I know there’s also something else | 可还有一些事情 |
[24:42] | You want to discuss. | 你们也很想讨论吧 |
[24:43] | You’re worried about losing the lawsuit? | 你担心输掉了官司 对吗 |
[24:46] | There were no damages. | 但是没有损失 |
[24:48] | But we lost. | 可我们输了 |
[24:49] | But there were no damages. | 可没有损失 |
[24:51] | Blame is one thing, malice is another. | 责备是一回事 怨恨是另一回事 |
[24:53] | I worked my way inside and out of the FTC. | 我在联邦贸易委员会里打点好一切 |
[24:57] | Bought a lot of dinners in Washington. | 还在华盛顿请客吃饭疏通关系 |
[25:01] | You can’t fight them. | 你无法跟他们斗 |
[25:03] | That’s what lawyers are for. | 所以才需要律师 |
[25:04] | Lawyers? I’ve seen a girl fight harder on her first date | 律师有屁用 女孩子第一次约会时 |
[25:08] | Than these DC shuttlecocks. | 都比那些愣头律师们要努力得多 |
[25:14] | Listen, I’m a stockholder, | 我是股东之一 |
[25:15] | so I called Chester Conrad in the Surgeon General’s office, | 所以我打给卫生总署的切斯特·康纳德 |
[25:18] | And he assured me it would be at least three years | 他保证说至少得花三年 |
[25:20] | Before they could compile a report. | 才能编写完报告 |
[25:21] | But legislation is in progress. | 可正在进行立法 |
[25:23] | We hear another year or two beyond that. | 我们听说这至少也还得一两年 |
[25:25] | They speculate they’re going to put warning signs on the packages. | 他们设想要在包装上标注警示标志 |
[25:28] | There’s still plenty of time before we have to worry about that, | 在这之前我们还有充分的时间 |
[25:31] | During which we wait to see if share drops off | 我们可以按兵不动 观察股票价格是否会跌 |
[25:34] | Before we run for the hills looking for a new campaign. | 然后再进行新的活动 |
[25:38] | Is that true? | 是这样吗 |
[25:40] | Well, it must be. He just said it. | 肯定是 他刚刚说了 |
[25:44] | Well, I’ve been spending a lot of time with my wife. | 我跟我的妻子待了很长一段时间 |
[25:49] | I’m glad we came by. | 很高兴我们今天来了 |
[25:51] | I missed you all. | 我想念你们大家 |
[25:54] | You New Yorkers. | 你们这帮纽约客 |
[25:58] | To New Yorkers. | 为纽约人干杯 |
[26:00] | May they always… | 愿他们永远 |
[26:01] | Oh, Jesus. Not again. | 我的天 又来了 |
[26:06] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[26:07] | Just give him some air. Give him some air. | 给他点空间 让他呼吸 |
[26:10] | Give him air. | 让他大口呼吸 |
[26:20] | – I’m okay. – Don’t talk. | -我没事 -别说话 |
[26:21] | This was stupid. I’ll get the elevator. | 这太蠢了 我去按电梯 |
[26:22] | No, they’re holding the elevator. | 电梯到了 |
[26:27] | I’m very sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[26:36] | Mona, sweetheart, this was a mistake. | 莫娜 亲爱的 这是一个错误 |
[26:40] | I tried to talk him out of it, but you people. | 我劝他不要来 可你们这些人 |
[26:43] | Mrs. Sterling, I had no idea. | 斯特林夫人 我不知情 |
[26:46] | I used to think you couldn’t put a value on a human life, | 我以前以为你们会重视人的生命 |
[26:50] | But I never asked Bert Cooper, did I? | 我从未要求过伯特·库珀 是吗 |
[26:52] | Sweetheart… | 亲爱的 |
[26:53] | Go to hell, Bert. | 下地狱去吧 伯特 |
[27:03] | I don’t need to tell you that Don has everything under control. | 我不必再强调一切尽在唐的掌握中 |
[27:07] | I don’t know. | 我可不知道 |
[27:08] | Without Sterling… | 没有斯特林 |
[27:11] | I may have a family business, | 虽然我是家族生意 |
[27:12] | But I’m not an autocrat. | 可我不是独裁者 |
[27:14] | I have a board, | 我有董事会 |
[27:17] | And my son wants to be the executive of an aluminum company. | 我的儿子想成为一家铝材料公司的执行长 |
[27:22] | Ah, still, your board should give credit where credit is due. | 可你的董事会应该给值得信任的人一点鼓励 |
[27:28] | Share? | 同意吗 |
[27:30] | We all like Don Draper, | 我们都喜欢唐·德雷柏 |
[27:33] | But if I was you, I’d find some way to show him | 可如果我是你 我会想办法让他知道 |
[27:36] | That you all do, too. | 你们也很喜欢他 |
[27:39] | He’s a dead man, you know, even if he survives. | 即使他活下来也无法东山再起了 |
[27:41] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[27:42] | Most clients will put up with one coronary from a partner. | 大多数客户会忍受合伙人一次心脏病发作 |
[27:45] | Cost of doing business. Two? | 做生意的风险嘛 可两次 |
[27:47] | Are we going down? | 我们是不是要完了 |
[27:48] | I wrote, prepared, and sent out my resume this afternoon, | 我今天下午写了一份简历寄出 |
[27:52] | At company expense. | 用的是公费 |
[27:54] | Look, it doesn’t take a genius to see what’s going to happen. | 笨蛋也看得出接下来会怎么样 |
[27:56] | They’ll bump Draper up to partner. | 他们会将德雷柏提升为合伙人 |
[27:58] | Everyone will fall in line. | 其他人按部就班 |
[27:59] | Draper. | 德雷柏 |
[28:00] | It would have happened a long time ago | 要不是他们这么贪婪 |
[28:02] | If they weren’t so greedy. | 这件事很早之前就该定了 |
[28:03] | They’re already paying him his weight in gold. | 他们已经给了他高额工资 |
[28:04] | Half the accounts at this agency came for Draper. | 这个机构一半的广告文案都是冲德雷柏来的 |
[28:07] | Frank Birmingham brings in a lot of accounts. | 法兰克·伯明翰也有不少功劳 |
[28:09] | Come on. You sit in that conference room. | 不是吧 你也在会议室 |
[28:11] | Frank Birmingham brings them in, | 法兰克·伯明翰是带来了不少生意 |
[28:12] | And while they’re dozing off, | 可他们打盹睡觉时 |
[28:14] | Don goes through their wallets. | 是唐去赚回了钱 |
[28:17] | What about Mitch Sullivan in Media? | 传媒部门的米奇·沙利文怎么样 |
[28:18] | He’s fat, bald, and charmless. | 他肥胖秃顶 毫无魅力 |
[28:22] | You think Draper likes me? | 你们觉得德雷柏喜欢我吗 |
[28:24] | He rides me pretty hard sometimes. | 他有时会狠狠打击我 |
[28:26] | It’s hard to tell with him. | 很难分辨他的喜好 |
[28:27] | He likes you. | 但他喜欢你 |
[28:28] | I work at it. | 那是我努力的结果 |
[28:29] | I work at it, too. | 我也努力了 |
[28:30] | I can tell you do. | 我看得出来 |
[28:32] | You never know when he’s doing it. | 可他讨好时你就看不出了 |
[28:35] | There’s not a man in this room | 这房间里没有一个人 |
[28:36] | Who’s not holding Don Draper on their shoulders | 不曾为唐·德雷柏出过力 |
[28:39] | So that he can reach partner. | 所以他才能升到合伙人 |
[28:40] | He’s not going to fire you. | 他不会开除你 |
[28:42] | Who said anything about that? | 谁这么说了 |
[28:44] | No one. It’s just… | 没人说 只是 |
[28:45] | You don’t think he deserves it, do you? | 你觉得他还不够格当合伙人是吗 |
[28:47] | Campbell, don’t you know anything about business, | 坎贝尔 你不是很了解做生意吗 |
[28:50] | Cleaning out the old guys? | 清除老员工 |
[28:52] | It’s good for us. It opens up spots. | 这对我们很好 会有更多的空位 |
[28:57] | My ma, she wouldn’t shut up about you. | 我的妈妈对你赞不绝口 |
[29:00] | I told her I remembered you. | 我告诉她我还记得你 |
[29:02] | Isn’t that nice? | 这真好 |
[29:07] | You smoke. | 你抽烟 |
[29:08] | All the time. | 一直这样 |
[29:10] | It’s practically mandatory in our office. | 差不多是我们办公室的规矩 |
[29:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:24] | Brandy Alexander for La Donna, and a Rheingold. | 给女士的白兰地亚历山大 还有莱茵黄金酒 |
[29:34] | What, you don’t like it? I’ll send it back. | 怎么了 不喜欢吗 我让服务员拿回去 |
[29:36] | Well, my friend Joan always orders them for me. | 我的朋友琼总是为我点这个 |
[29:38] | They’re usually sweeter. | 平时要甜一些 |
[29:43] | She’s a scream. | 她很惹人喜爱 |
[29:45] | She lives in the city. | 还住在城里 |
[29:50] | There’s a bar in Manhattan where the glasses are chilled. | 曼哈顿有一家酒吧 那里的杯子都冰冻过 |
[29:57] | What’s in that? | 里面装什么 |
[29:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:05] | So you drive a truck. | 那你是开卡车的 |
[30:07] | Yes. | 是 |
[30:09] | But I bought my own route. | 但我买下了自己的专属路线 |
[30:12] | Wise potato chips. | 怀斯薯片 |
[30:13] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[30:15] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[30:17] | I have an area that’s just mine. | 有一片区域专属于我 |
[30:20] | The route was expensive, but the hard part was learning that truck. | 买下那里很贵 但更难的是开那辆卡车 |
[30:24] | Special license. | 要特别许可证 |
[30:26] | We have a potato chip account: | 我们有一个薯片的广告案 |
[30:27] | Utz. | 是乌兹薯片 |
[30:28] | You get free ones? I do. | 你能吃到免费的吗 我就能吃到 |
[30:30] | I don’t know. I don’t like potato chips. | 我不知道 我不喜欢薯片 |
[30:34] | You live out here, right? | 你住在这里 对吗 |
[30:36] | Prospect Park. I have my own apartment. | 希望公园 我有自己的公寓 |
[30:38] | Well, I share it with my roommate Marjorie. | 跟我的室友玛乔丽一起住 |
[30:42] | She’s a character. | 她是个演员 |
[30:49] | My sister’s a secretary for Bulova in Flushing. | 我妹妹在法拉盛的宝路华店当秘书 |
[30:54] | I just got a new account the other day. | 我前不久接手了一个新文案 |
[30:58] | I already wrote copy for Belle Jolie lipsticks. | 我还为妙龄佳人口红撰写过广告 |
[31:00] | It’s going to be in a bunch of magazines. | 很快会登上很多杂志 |
[31:03] | Which ones? | 哪些杂志 |
[31:03] | I don’t think you read them. | 你应该不看的 |
[31:05] | They’re about high fashion. | 都是些时尚前沿的杂志 |
[31:08] | Advertising doesn’t work on me. | 广告对我没用 |
[31:11] | It’s just a lot of people screaming at you from the walls and the TV. | 就是一堆印在墙上或电视里的人冲着你尖叫 |
[31:15] | If advertising is good, people never think it works. | 如果广告很好 人们从来不会认为它有用 |
[31:18] | How do they know it does? | 他们怎么知道广告有用 |
[31:19] | Did they ever prove that? | 有人去证明吗 |
[31:22] | Why are you insulting what I do? | 你为什么要侮辱我的职业 |
[31:26] | “So you drive a truck. “ | 你那句”那你是开卡车的”也侮辱了我 |
[31:29] | You do. | 你确实是 |
[31:31] | I’m my own boss, you know? | 我给自己当老板 知道吗 |
[31:32] | You get off the train every day at Grand Central, | 而你每天在中央车站下车 |
[31:35] | And they spray you with gold? | 你就以为自己镀金了 |
[31:36] | Let me tell you, you can act like you’re from Manhattan, | 我告诉你 你可以表现得像曼哈顿人 |
[31:40] | But you don’t look like those girls. | 可你看起来不像那些女孩 |
[31:53] | Hey, hold on. | 等等 |
[31:55] | That wasn’t nice. | 我刚才过分了 |
[31:56] | I feel sorry for you. | 我为你难过 |
[31:57] | I said I’m sorry. | 我说了对不起 |
[32:02] | Those people? In Manhattan? | 那些人 曼哈顿人 |
[32:06] | They are better than us, | 他们比我们好 |
[32:09] | Because they want things they haven’t seen. | 因为他们渴望拥有自己还未曾见到的事物 |
[32:16] | The Danny Thomas Show | 接下来为你播出丹尼·托马斯秀 |
[32:18] | was brought to you tonight by Post cereals. | 该节目由珀斯特谷物专家赞助 |
[32:21] | All fine products of General Foods. | 通用食品的一系列细粒产品 |
[32:24] | Post cereals. | 珀斯特谷物专家 |
[32:26] | And now… | 现在 |
[32:33] | I’ll be up. I want to check on Roger. | 我马上上来 我去看看罗杰 |
[32:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:47] | Hello. | 喂 |
[32:48] | Hello. It’s Don Draper. | 喂 我是唐·德雷柏 |
[32:50] | What can I do for you? | 有什么可以效劳 |
[32:52] | I don’t know what you do for anybody. | 我不知道你到底能做些什么 |
[32:55] | Mr. Draper, you sound hostile. | 德雷柏先生 你的语气不太友好 |
[32:57] | After hundreds of dollars, | 你拿了几百美元 |
[32:58] | All you’ve managed to do is make her more unhappy. | 可却让她越来越不开心 |
[33:02] | I understand this is frustrating for you. | 我理解你的失望 |
[33:05] | This has nothing to do with me. It’s her. | 这跟我没有关系 是她 |
[33:07] | You took a woman with a bad case of nerves, | 你治疗一个神经紧张的女人 |
[33:09] | And you made her weaker, not stronger. | 却让她变得更脆弱 而不是更坚强 |
[33:13] | I’m afraid to leave her alone. | 我都不敢留她一个人在家 |
[33:16] | All I can say is that it’s a process, and time is part of it. | 我只能说这是一个过程 需要时间 |
[33:20] | If you’d like to expedite things, | 如果你想加速进程 |
[33:22] | We can put her in psychoanalysis. | 我们可以给她做精神分析 |
[33:23] | What are you doing now? | 那你现在做的是什么 |
[33:25] | Psychoanalytic psychotherapy. | 精神分析心理治疗法 |
[33:27] | Psychoanalysis would mean a minimum of three sessions a week | 精神分析包含一周至少三次的疗程 |
[33:30] | And optimally five. | 但最好是五次 |
[33:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:35] | I’ll think about that. | 我考虑考虑 |
[33:48] | Over there. | 那边 |
[33:50] | There’s no chair. | 没有椅子 |
[34:01] | I really wish I could have come in and prepared first. | 我真希望能提前过来准备准备 |
[34:03] | Sorry. This is the way it works. | 抱歉 我们就是这样的 |
[34:05] | Of course. | 我明白 |
[34:10] | I only have one and a carbon. | 我只有一份报告 |
[34:12] | That’s all I had time to do. You’ll have to share. | 我的时间不够 你们得一起看了 |
[34:14] | Come on. Just give it to one of the girls. | 给这些姑娘们就行了 |
[34:24] | Ready when you are. | 准备好了就开始 |
[34:28] | Women lose weight so they’ll feel good about themselves: | 女人减肥是因为他们想对自己感觉良好 |
[34:31] | Healthier, more attractive. | 更加健康 更引人注目 |
[34:35] | Rejuvenate has a Latin root | 驻颜这个词源于拉丁语 |
[34:37] | Which literally means “the return of youth. “ | 意为重返青春 |
[34:40] | The Rejuvenator gives you the flush and glow | 驻颜腰带让你重新焕发光彩 |
[34:44] | Not only that you might have after hours of exercise | 这种活力的焕发不仅仅像刚做完运动 |
[34:47] | But certainly as a young girl. | 而是年轻女孩本具有的青春活力 |
[34:51] | Isn’t it nice to feel that way whenever you want? | 你只要想就能拥有 这该多美妙 |
[34:55] | Combined with a sensible diet, | 结合合理的饮食 |
[34:58] | The Rejuvenator. | 你一定会爱上 |
[35:00] | You’ll love the way it makes you feel. | 驻颜腰带 |
[35:08] | Look, I’m not going to wait to see how Don lands on this. | 我就不等唐发表意见了 |
[35:11] | I’m going to tell you it’s good. | 我得说这很棒 |
[35:13] | Nice end run around the weight loss. | 跟减肥这个主题结合得很妙 |
[35:15] | I think it’s good, too. But what does it do? | 我也觉得不错 但它到底是什么原理 |
[35:25] | From what I understand, | 就我的理解 |
[35:26] | It provides the pleasure of a man without the man. | 它能替代男人而带给你欢愉 |
[35:32] | We’ve been replaced? | 我们被替代了 |
[35:34] | That’s why Mitch’s wife didn’t want to take it off. | 难怪米奇的老婆不愿意取下来呢 |
[35:38] | Oh, I’d love to see her in that. | 我倒想看看她穿这的模样 |
[35:41] | Oof, she’s already so hot to trot. | 她本就够火热了 |
[35:42] | 4th of July, that gingham halter | 国庆日那天 她那身格子背心 |
[35:44] | With the knot at the bottom? | 下面还打了个结 |
[35:46] | She was falling out of it. | 简直呼之欲出 |
[35:47] | Jayne Mansfield. | 就像杰恩·曼斯菲尔德[大牌明星] |
[35:50] | Mitch’s wife is very attractive. | 米奇的老婆很有魅力 |
[35:52] | Oh, I… I don’t know her. | 我不认识她 |
[35:55] | First of all, no Latin. | 首先 去掉拉丁文那段 |
[35:57] | You sound like a valedictorian. | 你听起来就像在说告别辞 |
[35:59] | And the name still isn’t right. | 其次 名字还是不对 |
[36:02] | Lastly, you still might need to give us a hint at what it does. | 最后 你还是得透露一下它的用途 |
[36:08] | I could be more explicit. | 我可以表达得更直接 |
[36:10] | I was thinking of calling it stimulating. | 我想使用刺激这个词 |
[36:14] | I think you need, like, a code word, | 我觉得你需要的是一个隐语 |
[36:16] | uh, like… I don’t know. | 就像 我也说不出来 |
[36:19] | Like refreshing. | 比如 如沐春风 |
[36:21] | I’ll think about that. | 我会考虑 |
[36:22] | Oh, my God. Freddie, doesn’t your wife have one? | 我的天 弗雷迪 你老婆不是也在用吧 |
[36:26] | What’s your point, Ken? | 你想说什么 肯 |
[36:27] | My point is, didn’t you say she loved it? | 我想说 你刚刚不是说你老婆很喜欢么 |
[36:30] | That’s funny. | 很好笑 |
[36:34] | Freddie, Sal, you know what to do here. | 弗雷迪 萨尔 你们知道该怎么做 |
[36:38] | I’ll get arrested just doing the layouts. | 很容易被抓的 |
[36:41] | Now… | 好吧 |
[36:44] | That wasn’t so bad. | 并不是太糟 |
[36:50] | Looks like everybody liked it. | 看来大家都很喜欢 |
[36:53] | I can tell. | 我看得出 |
[36:57] | Uh, Freddie’s wife does not look like Mitch’s, | 弗雷迪的老婆跟米奇的不太一样 |
[37:00] | You know. | 你明白 |
[37:05] | Good work, Pegs. | 做得好 小佩 |
[38:49] | Come in. | 请进 |
[38:53] | Mr. Draper, I don’t want to seem ungrateful, | 德雷柏先生 我并不是不感激您 |
[38:57] | But I think I could serve Sterling Cooper and you better as a copywriter | 可我觉得要是我有自己的办公桌 |
[39:00] | If I had my own desk. | 我能更好地为您和库珀先生进行文案撰稿 |
[39:01] | You have a desk. | 你不是有办公桌嘛 |
[39:05] | But now I have radio spots. | 可现在我得再放一个收音机 |
[39:07] | Peggy, the conversation of a raise is not inappropriate at this moment, | 佩奇 此刻谈论奖励并不恰当 |
[39:12] | But do not be timid. | 但不要胆怯 |
[39:14] | You presented like a man. | 你汇报时表现得像个男人 |
[39:15] | Now act like one. | 现在也拿出点样子 |
[39:18] | I want $5.00 a week more. | 我想每周加5美元薪水 |
[39:22] | Jesus, what do you make? | 老天 你的薪水是多少 |
[39:23] | $35 a week. | 一周35美元 |
[39:26] | Well, that’s a 15% kick. | 那还是涨了15% |
[39:30] | Don, a word. | 唐 出来一下 |
[39:43] | Cooper and Draper just went into Sterling’s office. | 库珀和德雷柏刚去了斯特林的办公室 |
[39:46] | Tell me when they come out of there, will you? | 他们出来时告诉我 可以吗 |
[39:48] | Sure. I’ll just sit here and watch the door. | 可以 我就坐在这里盯着那扇门 |
[39:51] | That’s all I’ll do. | 只能做这些 |
[39:52] | Who the hell do you think you’re talking to? | 你以为自己跟谁说话呢 |
[40:03] | Is he dead? | 他死了吗 |
[40:04] | No. Quite the opposite. | 没有 恰恰相反 |
[40:06] | They let him go home to convalesce. | 医生让他回家休养 |
[40:09] | And? | 然后呢 |
[40:11] | I want to make you a partner. | 我想让你当合伙人 |
[40:17] | As a symbolic gesture, I think telling me that in here is in bad taste. | 你选择在这里告诉我可不怎么好 |
[40:20] | That’s the way it works. Roger knows that. | 事情就是这样 罗杰知道 |
[40:23] | I’m not adding your name to the masthead. | 暂时不会加你的名字进来 |
[40:25] | I’m restoring faith to our clients. | 我要让客户对我们有信心 |
[40:30] | I accept. | 我接受 |
[40:31] | I’ll start you at 12% | 那先给你12%的股份 |
[40:32] | And see how both you and Roger do. | 看你和罗杰接下来会怎样 |
[40:35] | Of course you’ll remain creative director, | 当然你还是创意总监 |
[40:37] | And to fill the position of head of account services, | 并同时担任文案部的主管 |
[40:41] | You are the only member of the blue ribbon committee. | 你是蓝带委员会的唯一成员 |
[40:45] | Do I hire from inside or outside? | 我是内聘还是外聘 |
[40:47] | I just made you partner. | 我刚让你当了合伙人 |
[40:49] | Do I have to do everything? | 我得给你打点好一切吗 |
[40:51] | No contract. | 没有合同 |
[40:57] | Of course you’d say that. | 你当然这么说 |
[40:59] | Beware the nonconformist. | 得注意那些不守规矩的人 |
[41:05] | I’m going to introduce you to Miss Ayn Rand. | 我要把你介绍给安·兰德小姐 |
[41:09] | I think she’ll salivate. | 她会喜欢你的 |
[41:25] | Is he dead? | 他死了吗 |
[41:29] | No. | 没 |
[41:30] | So when’s he coming back? | 那他什么时候回来 |
[41:34] | You know, I think this office is too big for me. | 我觉得这间办公室对我来说太大了 |
[41:38] | I might need it if I’m going to lure in Marty Brennen | 作为文案部主管 我可能还得需要这个 |
[41:39] | As head of account services. | 去吸引马蒂·布伦南的注意 |
[41:42] | Then it’s true. Congratulations. | 那他们说的是真的了 恭喜 |
[41:44] | – Thank you. – I mean it. | -谢谢 -我真心祝贺 |
[41:47] | You know I admire your work. | 你知道我很佩服你 |
[41:49] | I believe you. | 我相信你的话 |
[41:50] | I hope you do. | 希望如此 |
[41:52] | And I don’t think it can be denied that we make a very good team. | 我们是一个好团队也是无可争议的事实 |
[41:59] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[42:02] | I do like this office. | 我确实喜欢这间办公室 |
[42:04] | I think Roger would want me to have it. | 我觉得罗杰会把这里分给我 |
[42:05] | That way he’ll always know he can have it back. | 这样的话他还可以随时收回 |
[42:08] | I hope you’re aware that I’d love to throw my hat in the ring. | 希望你知道我也很高兴能够升职 |
[42:13] | I am now. | 我现在知道了 |
[42:30] | Peggy, we have both had very good days. | 佩奇 这几天对我们来说都是好日子 |
[42:34] | You may leave your post. | 你可以下班了 |
[42:36] | It’s 4:30. | 才4:30 |
[42:38] | I’m sorry. That’s the best I can do at this point. | 抱歉 这是我此刻唯一能为你做的 |
[42:41] | I have work to do. | 我还有工作 |
[42:44] | You can have your raise. | 你可以加薪 |
[42:47] | And I’ll talk to Miss Holloway about getting somebody on your desk | 在你做这份文案期间 |
[42:50] | While you attend to your assignment. | 我会让霍洛韦小姐安排人手来接替你的工作 |
[42:53] | Can I tell her? | 我能给她说吗 |
[42:54] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[42:56] | In the meantime, go with your friends. | 别忘了 跟你朋友们出去 |
[42:58] | Celebrate. | 庆祝一下 |
[43:00] | Good night, Mr. Draper. | 晚安 德雷柏先生 |
[43:17] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[44:12] | Mr. Draper | 德雷柏先生 |
[44:18] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[44:47] | Back away from the set. | 别离电视那么近 |
[44:48] | Come on. You’ll burn your eyes out. | 眼睛会坏掉的 |
[44:52] | Hi, Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[44:55] | Uh, I would have made you dinner, | 我本打算做你的晚饭 |
[44:57] | But I called the office, and no one answered. | 可我打给办公室没人接 |
[45:00] | Should I fix something? | 还要吃点什么吗 |
[45:02] | No. I was supposed to have a meeting with a client, | 不用了 我本来是要跟客户开会 |
[45:04] | But it got cancelled. | 结果取消了 |
[45:16] | I got made partner. | 我当合伙人了 |
[45:18] | Oh, my God. Don, that’s wonderful. | 天哪 唐 这太好了 |
[45:27] | Don, you were right about letting people in the house. | 唐 关于让陌生人进屋这件事你说的没错 |
[45:30] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[45:35] | I don’t want to talk about that. | 我不想谈这个 |
[45:47] | The heat’s supposed to break tomorrow. | 明天应该就会降温 |
[45:50] | It’ll probably be snowing in two weeks. | 可能两周后还会下雪 |