时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:38] | America is still going to the polls at 4:00. | 美国大选在下午四点仍在进行当中 |
[00:41] | With some precincts opening as early as 12 this morning, | 各大选区于今早十二点就已经开放 |
[00:44] | Voters across the country are deciding | 全国的选民们将最终决定 |
[00:46] | Who will hold the most important office in the fr… | 美国总统之位究竟花落谁家 |
[00:57] | Herman Phillips, Bert Cooper. | 赫尔曼·菲利普斯 这位是伯特伦·库珀 |
[01:00] | Actually, “Herman” goes on my checks. | 其实我只有在签名时才用这个名字 |
[01:01] | People call me Duck. | 大家都叫我达克[与”鸭子”同音] |
[01:03] | My research says I was not to call you Duck. | 经验告诉我不该叫你达克 |
[01:05] | You should have told me that. | 你应该早提醒我 |
[01:06] | I don’t know. I like when you say Herman. | 我也不知道 我喜欢你叫我赫尔曼 |
[01:09] | Herman was in London with Y&R. | 赫尔曼曾在伦敦的扬雅广告公司工作 |
[01:12] | Isn’t this a step down? | 你是辞职了吗 |
[01:14] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[01:15] | Moving back to the power center of the universe, New York, | 回到世界权力中心纽约来 |
[01:18] | And the chance to put on some weight. | 还能趁机增加点体重 |
[01:20] | English food. I actually ate a kidney. | 英国菜 实在不合胃口 |
[01:24] | He landed American Airlines. | 他曾做过美国航空公司的广告案 |
[01:25] | You could make something like that happen here. | 但愿你也可以为我们争取到这么大的客户 |
[01:27] | Well, you have to spend money to make money. | 只有舍得投资 才能有大收益 |
[01:29] | So you’re not promising anything. | 这么说你什么也保证不了咯 |
[01:32] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要做保证呢 |
[01:34] | My goodness, he does want this job. | 老天 他真想要这份工作 |
[01:37] | I hope you play your cards close to the vest with clients. | 但愿你能够让客户称心如意 |
[01:40] | I will keep that in mind. | 我会铭记在心 |
[01:42] | Here’s a test. Who’d you vote for? | 考考你 你会给谁投票 |
[01:44] | If I say Nixon, you’ll think I’m buttering you. | 若我说尼克松 你会觉得我在讨好你 |
[01:47] | If I say Kennedy, you’ll want to reform me. | 若我说肯尼迪 你又会试图说服我改变观点 |
[01:49] | So, uh, I’ll say Nixon. | 所以我选择尼克松 |
[01:53] | That’s nice to see. | 不错 |
[02:04] | Cooper has a smoker at The Waldorf at 6:00. | 6点钟 库珀在沃尔道夫酒店有个吸烟聚会 |
[02:07] | Marge told me. | 是玛琪告诉我的 |
[02:08] | 23 skidoo. | 快点走人吧 |
[02:09] | At 6:15, we turn on the returns | 到6点一刻 我们就可以打开电视看选举 |
[02:11] | At 6:15, we turn on the returns and send for some ice. | 再叫点冰品和甜点来 |
[02:13] | Party at the in-laws’. | 我要参加妻子娘家那边的聚会 |
[02:14] | Another ending to a perfect day. | 那也算是为这一天划上完美的句号了 |
[02:16] | Well, Jennifer and I were going to get tickets to Can-Can. | 詹妮弗和我本想去买跳康康舞的票 |
[02:19] | It’s empty, you know. | 但现在泡汤了 |
[02:20] | She says apparently the phone company | 显然她是抽不开身 |
[02:21] | is a war zone on election night. | 她说在选举之夜电话公司简直形同战场 |
[02:23] | That’s what I’m hoping for around here. | 我希望这里也能成为战场 |
[02:24] | Although, You better hope that she’s sitting at her switchboard | 不过你最好指望她的确是在工作 |
[02:27] | and not doing what we’re doing. | 而不是骗你自己出去风流 就像我们这样 |
[02:29] | It’s my wife. | 那可是我的妻子 |
[02:31] | Besides, what if Nixon loses? | 更何况 如果尼克松输了呢 |
[02:33] | Won’t that put a damper on things around here? | 岂不是会很扫兴 |
[02:35] | Who cares? They didn’t want our help. | 管他呢 他们又不要我们操心 |
[02:37] | You should care. | 你应该关心一下 |
[02:38] | I do. It matters for the nation and for Sterling Coop. | 的确 不论对国家还是公司都至关重要 |
[02:41] | But tonight, either way. | 但今晚都一样 |
[02:43] | If Nixon wins, we win. | 如果尼克松赢了当然好 |
[02:45] | If Nixon loses… | 但万一他输了 |
[02:48] | Let me console you. | 那就让我来抚慰你吧 |
[02:58] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[02:59] | Duck Phillips. | 达克·菲利普斯 |
[03:01] | I know his name. | 我听过他的大名 |
[03:02] | Because it’s Duck? | 是因为”鸭子”这个名字很特别吗 |
[03:07] | I grew up with a Tuck. | 我还有一个叫塔克的童年玩伴呢[又意点心] |
[03:09] | At least that has an air of dignity. | 至少那家伙的名字要好听的多 |
[03:10] | Don took him to Cooper. That’s a first. | 唐向库珀引见他 这还是第一次呢 |
[03:13] | I heard he disintegrated in London. | 我听说他在伦敦落得声名狼藉 |
[03:15] | Got involved with some woman he met at the British Museum. | 和一个在大英博物馆认识的女人纠缠不清 |
[03:19] | Her name was Rosetta. | 她是传说中的罗塞塔 |
[03:20] | Rosetta Stone. | 罗塞塔·斯通[古埃及的罗塞塔石碑 此处调侃] |
[03:24] | He’s divorced. Lives in a hotel. | 他离了婚 现在住酒店 |
[03:27] | So what’s this? His last stop? | 那他来这里干嘛 最后的救命稻草吗 |
[03:31] | No. He’s a killer, but he’s…he’s damaged goods. | 不 他是个狠角色 不过是打了折扣 |
[03:33] | They’re bargain hunting. | 他们是在趁低价收揽人才 |
[03:34] | He’s the best one Draper’s paraded around. | 德雷柏寻觅了一番后 他是最佳人选 |
[03:36] | Let’s see if Cooper’s smart enough to know that. | 只是不知道库珀够不够聪明意识到这点 |
[03:44] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要帮忙吗 |
[03:45] | What? | 什么 |
[03:47] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[03:50] | Mr. Campbell would like to see you. | 坎贝尔先生想要见您 |
[03:53] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[03:56] | Thank you, sweetheart. | 谢谢 甜心 |
[04:07] | So that Duck fellow, | 达克那家伙 |
[04:09] | I heard he fell apart in London. | 我听说他在伦敦一败涂地 |
[04:11] | American Airlines. | 美国航空公司 |
[04:12] | $7 million in billings. | 7百万美元的宣传花销 |
[04:15] | He’s not going to bring that with him. | 他不会把那个广告案一起带过来的 |
[04:20] | Listen, Don, I don’t feel | 听着 唐 我觉得你 |
[04:23] | you’ve taken me seriously as a candidate. | 没有认真考虑把我作为候选人 |
[04:26] | Candidate for what? | 什么候选人 |
[04:28] | For the head of account services. | 客户部经理的候选人 |
[04:30] | We may have had our differences, | 我们之间可能存在差异 |
[04:32] | But Roger knows I’ve done everything I could to emulate him. | 但罗杰知道 我已尽全力赶上他 |
[04:34] | Roger’s not involved in this. | 罗杰与此事无关 |
[04:36] | Anything else? | 还有其他事吗 |
[04:38] | I have the loyalty of our most important clients: | 公司最重要客户的对我很忠心 |
[04:41] | Calvin Highland, Lee Garner. | 卡文·海兰和李·加勒 |
[04:43] | These men trust me. | 这些人信任我 |
[04:44] | They invite me to their grandchildren’s christenings. | 还邀请我参加他们孙辈的洗礼 |
[04:46] | When Walter Veith needed a urologist, | 上次瓦尔特·维夫需要一名泌尿科医生 |
[04:48] | He called me for a recommendation. | 他也是向我征询意见 |
[04:51] | Look, you’re good at your job. Cooper loves you. | 听着 你工作出色 而库珀又赏识你 |
[04:55] | What’s the hurry? | 有什么急的呢 |
[04:55] | It’s been two and a half years. | 我在公司已经2年半了 |
[04:57] | I could have jumped ship a hundred times. | 我本有多次机会可以跳槽 |
[04:59] | Is that supposed to persuade me? | 这有什么说服力吗 |
[05:04] | I have tremendous value to this company. | 我对这个公司有重大价值 |
[05:06] | I’m aware of that. | 这点我很清楚 |
[05:08] | But I don’t think you are. | 但我觉得你似乎没有意识到这点 |
[05:09] | I am. I just hope you realize that, the way things stand, | 我明白 我只是希望你明白 |
[05:13] | there will continue to be someone senior to you. | 公司需要一个比你资深的后继者 |
[05:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:16] | What can they offer? | 他们能贡献什么呢 |
[05:22] | All I’m asking is that you think about it. | 我只是希望你能考虑一下 |
[05:25] | There are men younger than me with this job at bigger firms. | 其他大公司里这个职位的人 甚至比我还年轻 |
[05:30] | Cooper sign off on what’s-his-name? | 他用什么名字与公司签约 |
[05:33] | Duck? | 达克吗 |
[05:33] | I’ll keep you posted. | 有事我会通知你的 |
[05:46] | He’s got a big lead. | 现在他遥遥领先 |
[05:47] | See you at the victory party in the morning. | 等着明早开庆祝派对吧 |
[05:50] | Absolutely. | 那是当然 |
[05:51] | Well, good night, Don. | 那么 晚安 唐 |
[05:55] | He’s gone! | 他走了 |
[05:56] | Olly olly oxen free! | 哦列哦列 自由啦 |
[06:01] | – Do it. – All rightie. | -来吧 -好嘞 |
[06:03] | – Who’s got the cups? – Oh. Sorry. | -杯子呢 -噢 抱歉 |
[06:05] | With early returns just coming in, | 根据早些时候的投票结果 |
[06:07] | our NBC computer is putting | NBC电视台的统计结果发现 |
[06:09] | Senator Kennedy’s odds for victory | 肯尼迪议员当选的可能性 |
[06:11] | at a grim-sounding 22-1. | 为22比1的概率 |
[06:19] | This is not good. | 真扫兴 酒喝完了 |
[06:21] | And liquor stores are closed tonight. | 酒铺子今晚都关门了 |
[06:23] | Draper has plenty of booze. | 德雷柏可有不少呢 |
[06:30] | We could ask her to join us. | 我们可以让她加入我们 |
[06:32] | That might soften her up a bit. | 那可得费点力气才能拉拢她呢 |
[06:34] | I have a bottle of absinthe in my office. | 我办公室里有一瓶苦艾酒 |
[06:36] | Isn’t that illegal? | 那不是违反公司规定吗 |
[06:37] | It’s marvelous. | 那可是极品美酒 |
[06:38] | I become incantatory. | 我简直受到了魔咒的召唤 |
[06:40] | And what does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[06:42] | It means he starts making up words. | 意思是他要开始胡编乱造了 |
[06:44] | Can someone freshen this? | 谁帮我添点酒 |
[06:47] | We’re not going to make it. | 酒肯定不够 |
[06:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:54] | If I let you into that supply closet, | 如果我让你到储物柜里去 |
[06:56] | it is not going to be the sack of Rome. | 你可不能洗劫一空啊 |
[06:58] | What do we have too much of? | 有什么经得起喝的货色吗 |
[07:01] | Rum, creme de menthe, | 朗姆酒 薄荷酒 |
[07:03] | dog biscuits. | 还有小狗饼干 |
[07:12] | May the best man win. | 但愿最好的人赢得选举 |
[07:13] | In matters national and… local. | 为了广大人民和渺小私人的利益 |
[07:20] | …Majority decision of the American… | 多数的美国人民将作出决定 |
[07:24] | I made my judgment long ago. | 很久以前我就已作出判断 |
[07:25] | Stop that. You’re going to break it. | 别弄了 你会弄坏的 |
[07:28] | Look. They’re doing math. | 看啊 他们在做算术 |
[07:31] | What do the numbers say? | 这些数字代表什么 |
[07:33] | Who the president is going to be. | 谁将会做总统 |
[07:39] | Hello. | 好啊 |
[07:40] | Daddy! Hi! | 你好 爸爸 |
[07:46] | I wasn’t expecting you. | 没想到你会回来 |
[07:48] | I thought you were going to be watching returns at the office. | 我以为你会在办公室里看选举结果呢 |
[07:50] | What are you doing up? | 你怎么还不睡 |
[07:52] | Mommy said it was okay. | 妈妈说了没关系 |
[07:54] | I’m watching the news. | 我在看新闻 |
[07:56] | Nixon definitely won our precinct. | 尼克松肯定赢得了我们选区的支持 |
[07:58] | You should have seen the line. | 你真该看看那些队伍 |
[07:59] | Mommy said to ask you. What’s the… | 妈妈要我来问你 什么是… |
[08:02] | Electoral College. | 选举团 |
[08:04] | I don’t think that’s a conversation appropriate for children. | 小孩子不适合谈论这种话题 |
[08:08] | Come here. | 过来 |
[08:12] | Do you want something to eat? | 你要吃点什么吗 |
[08:14] | I’m going to fix a drink. You? | 我想喝一杯 你呢 |
[08:16] | I’m set. | 我来准备 |
[08:20] | Senator Kennedy seems to be closing the gap | 肯尼迪议员看上去快要 |
[08:22] | on the vice president’s early lead. | 赶超副总统早先的领先差距 |
[08:24] | State-by-state, Ohio, Illinois… | 一个接着一个州 俄亥俄州 伊利诺斯州 |
[08:30] | Come here. | 过来 |
[08:31] | What? | 怎么 |
[08:32] | You better run. | 你最好快跑 |
[08:35] | Go, Allison! | 快跑 艾莉森 |
[08:38] | White! | 白色 |
[08:39] | Pink! | 粉红色 |
[08:48] | You can tell me, or I can find out. | 你最好乖乖告诉我 不然我亲自来看 |
[08:50] | What color panties are you wearing? | 你穿什么颜色的内裤 |
[08:51] | What? Oh, my G… | 什么 我的天 |
[08:58] | Blue! | 蓝色 |
[09:00] | Who had blue? | 谁猜的蓝色 |
[09:06] | Can I walk you home? | 能让我送你回去吗 |
[09:14] | I used to think I’d find a husband here. | 我原本还想在这里找个老公呢 |
[09:17] | I think I’m going to go home. | 我想我该回去了 |
[09:19] | No, don’t go. It’s going to be fun. | 别走啊 很有意思的 |
[10:01] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[10:04] | Why aren’t you asleep? | 怎么还不睡 |
[10:05] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[10:07] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[10:10] | Myrna found it on the top of the closet, | 梅娜在橱柜顶上找到的 |
[10:12] | and I didn’t want to look at it. | 我可不想看 |
[10:17] | My father has a box like that, | 我父亲也有一个类似的盒子 |
[10:19] | and I looked at it when I was a little girl, | 我小时候打开看了 |
[10:22] | and it was a mistake. | 事实证明这是个错误 |
[10:24] | So you didn’t open it? | 所以你没打开吗 |
[10:25] | Peter, I don’t want secrets. | 皮特 我不想偷窥别人的秘密 |
[10:32] | I can’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[10:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:35] | I’ve seen it the last few weeks. | 这几周来我已经注意到了 |
[10:38] | You’re not very quiet, | 你总会弄出声响来 |
[10:40] | and every time I see the closet door is open | 我一看到橱柜门开着 |
[10:42] | and that box is gone, I know you’re out here. | 盒子不见了 我就知道你又失眠了 |
[10:44] | And you never looked in the box? | 你从未看过盒子里的东西吗 |
[10:48] | It’s not yours. | 这不是你的东西 |
[10:50] | What are you doing with it? | 你拿着它干什么 |
[10:52] | I got it by mistake. | 我是不小心错拿的 |
[10:53] | So give it back. | 那就还回去 |
[10:55] | It’s peculiar. | 这对某人来说有特殊意义 |
[10:58] | It’s not yours. | 这不属于你 |
[11:05] | Come to bed. | 去睡吧 |
[11:13] | Vice President Nixon seems to have carried | 尼克松副总统似乎已获得了 |
[11:15] | predominantly Catholic Hudson County, New Jersey. | 新泽西州哈德逊郡全体教徒的压倒性支持 |
[11:18] | Kinsey, you’re a liar. | 金西 你是个骗子 |
[11:19] | I couldn’t find any absinthe. | 我可没找到什么苦艾酒 |
[11:22] | Who said you could go in my office? | 谁允许你去我办公室了 |
[11:24] | We were exploring. | 我们只是到处逛逛 |
[11:26] | But all we found was a large collection of Mad magazines | 但我们倒是找到一堆疯狂杂志的收藏[美国幽默杂志] |
[11:29] | and this fascinating dramatic piece. | 还有这份相当戏剧性的手稿 |
[11:34] | Death is My Client… Whoa. | 死亡是我的客户 |
[11:36] | A play in one act by Paul Kinsey. | 保罗·金西所著的独幕剧本 |
[11:40] | Give it to me. | 还给我 |
[11:42] | “Peter Tollifson”… | 皮特·托里弗森 |
[11:45] | “An animal in the board room and the bedroom. “ | 不论在会议室还是卧室 都是一头禽兽 |
[11:48] | Kenny! | 肯尼 |
[11:51] | Now, remember, he’s angry. | 记住你的角色 他现在很生气 |
[11:54] | Why do I have to play Tollifson? | 为什么要我演托里弗森 |
[11:56] | I wanted to be Galt. | 我想演伽尔特 |
[11:57] | Tollifson is the hero. He thinks. | 托里弗森是真英雄 他很有头脑 |
[12:01] | Galt’s a thug born on the wrong side of the tracks. | 伽尔特不过是个出身贫寒的暴徒 |
[12:04] | You don’t want to be Galt. | 你可不会想成为他那样的人 |
[12:09] | Go ahead. | 开始吧 |
[12:11] | I’m sorry. I don’t have the pages. | 抱歉 我没有剧本 |
[12:15] | Oh. Sorry. | 噢 抱歉 |
[12:18] | Um, “I worked with Tollifson for four years. | 我和托里弗森共事了4年之久 |
[12:21] | I shared everything, but I never knew him. “ | 我将所有事都与他分享 却从不了解他 |
[12:24] | “I thought I knew him. | 我自以为了解他 |
[12:26] | He used to talk to me. “ | 他曾和我谈过 |
[12:28] | “I can’t control my genius. | 我无法自制自身的才华 |
[12:30] | I’m not some boorish natural like that hack Cosgrove.” | 我可不是什么天生粗鲁的庸俗文人 |
[12:36] | That’s crackerjack, Kinsey. | 相当出色啊 金西 |
[12:39] | “Your genius be damned. “ | 你的才华受到诅咒 |
[12:41] | “Perhaps. “ | 也许是吧 |
[12:43] | “You can make anyone buy anything. | 你可以说服所有人 |
[12:45] | Anyone but me. “ | 却无法说服我 |
[13:24] | Turn the music down. | 把音量调低 |
[13:26] | We now have confirmation | 我们现在已确定 |
[13:28] | that the State of Ohio has indeed | 理查德·尼克松副总统 |
[13:30] | gone to Vice President Richard Nixon. | 已完全获得俄亥俄州选民的支持 |
[13:34] | Its 25 electoral votes will go in Mr. Nixon’s purse. | 25个选区的投票支持尼克松 |
[13:52] | I’m… | 我 |
[13:53] | I’m really tipsy. | 我是真的喝醉了 |
[14:12] | I feel awful. | 我感觉很糟 |
[14:13] | No, no. Uh… it was me. | 不 是我的错 |
[14:17] | I’m… I’m drunk. | 我喝醉了 |
[14:23] | I’m happy… but not myself. | 我很开心 却失控了 |
[14:30] | I’ve never really seen your eyes before. | 我之前都没有仔细看过你的眼睛 |
[14:35] | There they are. | 现在你看见了 |
[14:37] | Just the two of them. | 真真切切地 |
[14:53] | As Vice President Nixon’s home state of California | 作为尼克松的家乡 |
[14:55] | continues to count ballots, | 加州仍在统计选票数量 |
[14:57] | both candidates bid their supporters a good night. | 两位候选人的支持者都得以度过一个良宵 |
[15:00] | Vice presidential hopeful Senator Lyndon Johnson | 有望继任副总统的林登·约翰逊 |
[15:02] | had these words: | 道出以下这番话 |
[15:04] | I’m very proud of the manner | 我感到很骄傲 |
[15:07] | in which the Democratic campaign has been conducted | 能够参加这场如此民主的竞选 |
[15:09] | and which the people have reacted, | 还有民众对其的积极回应 |
[15:11] | particularly in my state, the entire South, | 尤其是在我自己的州 和整个南方 |
[15:15] | and in many states… | 还有其他许多州 |
[15:16] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[15:17] | – I don’t know. – … feel, uh, very confident… | -我也不清楚 -感到相当自信… |
[15:19] | It’ll be all right in the morning. | 到了明天就好了 |
[15:20] | He’ll win California. | 他会赢得整个加州的选票 |
[15:21] | …the counting that… | 正在统计… |
[15:23] | Turn it off. | 关了 |
[15:24] | All Americans will be proud, | 所有美国人都将引以为豪 |
[15:25] | and I think we have much to be proud of. | 而我觉得我们理应自豪 |
[15:27] | I think this is one of America’s finest hours. | 我认为这是美国史上最伟大的时刻 |
[15:40] | Sit down. | 坐我边上 |
[15:41] | No. | 不 |
[15:45] | You can’t sit down in that dress. | 你穿这条裙子没法坐 |
[15:52] | You look so different when you’re drunk. | 你喝醉后和平时截然不同 |
[15:56] | You’re not going to call me Orson Welles again. | 你不会再叫我沃森·威勒斯了 |
[15:58] | You loved that. | 你不是很喜欢嘛 |
[16:00] | Who wouldn’t like that? | 又有谁不喜欢呢 |
[16:07] | What did I do wrong? | 我做错了什么 |
[16:11] | You have a big mouth. | 你很多嘴 |
[16:13] | Joan, I never said… | 琼 我从没有说过 |
[16:15] | You have a big mouth. | 你真的很多嘴 |
[16:20] | I do. | 是的 |
[16:23] | I’m not proud of it. | 我也知道这样不好 |
[16:27] | Did you like the play? | 你喜欢我写的剧本吗 |
[16:30] | No. | 不 |
[16:34] | The meaner you are, the more I like you. | 你就是喜欢你的刻薄 |
[16:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:50] | Just like that? | 就这样吗 |
[16:53] | I thought we could dance. | 我想我们能跳支舞 |
[17:08] | 1, 2, cha-cha-cha. | 1 2 蹦恰恰 |
[17:29] | Hildy, wake up. | 希迪 快醒醒 |
[17:32] | Mm, it’s cold in here. | 这儿真冷 |
[17:34] | It is. You have to get dressed. | 没错 你得把衣服穿上 |
[17:49] | I can’t find my glasses. | 我找不到我的眼镜了 |
[17:57] | That’s too bad. | 真是糟糕 |
[17:59] | Tremendous. | 糟糕透了 |
[18:10] | Harry? | 哈里 |
[18:13] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[18:17] | I hope I didn’t step on them. | 但愿不是我踩坏的 |
[18:25] | Damn it. | 真见鬼 |
[18:33] | There’s an optometrist on Lexington. | 莱星顿街上有个眼镜商 |
[18:36] | Great. Of course. | 真是太好了 |
[18:50] | I don’t want you to be worried. | 你不用有任何顾虑 |
[18:52] | It didn’t mean anything, okay? | 这没有任何意义 好吗 |
[19:42] | You’re not drinking for taste. | 你又不是为了品酒才喝 |
[19:43] | Don’t be such babies. | 别孩子气了 |
[19:48] | Oh, God. | 老天爷 |
[19:50] | It’s definitely not helping. | 这么做可没用 |
[19:52] | I’m sorry. Does it offend you? | 不好意思 冒犯到你们了吗 |
[20:02] | My shirt. And my mad money. Who did this? | 我的衬衫和备用零钱 谁干的 |
[20:05] | I stole your blouse. | 是我偷了你的衬衫 |
[20:07] | I’m not joking. I had $3.00 in here. | 我可没开玩笑 这里本来有3美元呢 |
[20:09] | If I give you $3.00, will you keep your voice down? | 我给你3美元 你能小声点吗 |
[20:13] | You’re animals. | 你们真是禽兽 |
[20:15] | I’m reporting it to building security. | 我要报告给大楼保安人员 |
[20:18] | Striking resemblance to Broderick Crawford. | 简直和勃洛特·克罗福一样[著名演员] |
[20:21] | Peggy Olsen, Highway Patrol. | 《公路巡警》 佩奇·奥尔森[由勃洛特主演的电影] |
[20:35] | I’ve read three different newspapers | 我看了三份不同的报纸 |
[20:37] | with three different results. | 报道结果各不相同 |
[20:39] | I’m sure you know something I don’t. | 你肯定有独家内部消息吧 |
[20:41] | Well, I just spent the night literally | 确切地说 我整晚都和一群烟鬼 |
[20:44] | in a smoke-filled room at The Waldorf | 泡在沃尔道夫酒店的房间内 |
[20:46] | with every Republican luminary. | 和共和党的头面人物一起 |
[20:48] | Save MacArthur and Jesus. | 老天保佑麦克阿瑟[朝鲜战争美军总司令] |
[20:50] | There’s been widespread fraud. | 虚假消息满天飞啊 |
[20:53] | Daley gave Joe Kennedy every corpse in Cook County. | 德利和库克县全力支持乔·肯尼迪 |
[20:58] | Otherwise, Nixon wins. | 要不然 尼克松早赢了 |
[21:01] | It shouldn’t have been that close. | 本不该这么势均力敌 |
[21:04] | But it is. It always is. | 但偏偏如此 世事总如此 |
[21:06] | Those jingles. | 那些艺人的参与 |
[21:09] | When they got Frank Sinatra, | 他们请来法兰克·辛纳屈的支持[著名歌手和演员] |
[21:11] | I knew they would close the gap. | 我就知道他们能缩小差距 |
[21:13] | So what does he do now? | 那他现在准备怎样 |
[21:15] | Walk away? Concede? | 一走了之 妥协认输吗 |
[21:17] | A recount in Illinois alone | 伊利诺斯州单独重点选票 |
[21:19] | means 30 days without a president. | 导致选举结果的公布推迟30天 |
[21:21] | You don’t want to win like that. | 赢得不够体面 |
[21:23] | But you want to win. | 但你仍想要赢 |
[21:25] | He got 50% of the vote, maybe more. | 他拥有50%的选票 甚至更多 |
[21:27] | This way he lives to see another day. | 因此他能够笑到最后 |
[21:29] | So… what happens? | 那发生了什么事 |
[21:31] | Neil from P&G said if Kennedy is willing to buy an election, | 宝洁公司的尼尔称 要肯尼迪收买选举 |
[21:37] | he’s probably willing to play ball with us. | 还不如让他来陪我们玩橄榄球呢 |
[21:41] | Ah, the optimism of the American corporation. | 美国企业的盲目乐观由来已久 |
[21:43] | It’s a football game to them. | 对他们而言 这只是一场球赛 |
[21:45] | Doesn’t seem fair. | 不公正的球赛 |
[21:46] | Fair? | 何来公正可言 |
[21:49] | Very good. | 好极了 |
[21:58] | Where do you think you’re going? | 你以为自己是去哪儿 |
[22:01] | If I were you, | 如果我是你 |
[22:02] | I would be very, very careful from now on | 从现在起 我就会倍加小心地 |
[22:04] | about the way you speak to me. | 注意你和我说话的方式 |
[22:11] | Can I help you? | 有事吗 |
[22:15] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[22:16] | It’s yours. | 是你的东西 |
[22:17] | It came to me by mistake. | 我无意中拿到的 |
[22:20] | Well, thanks. | 好吧 谢了 |
[22:23] | Have you reconsidered my qualifications | 对于我胜任客服经理这一事 |
[22:25] | for the head of account services? | 你有没有重新考虑呢 |
[22:27] | Would it disappoint you | 如果说我从没考虑过 |
[22:28] | if I told you it hadn’t crossed my mind? | 你会感到失望吗 |
[22:47] | I feel strange having to talk to you in this way. | 要以这种方式跟你谈话 我也觉得有些怪异 |
[22:52] | Spit it out, Campbell. | 有话直说吧 坎贝尔 |
[22:55] | I know that your name is not Donald Draper. | 我知道你的真实姓名不是唐纳德·德雷柏 |
[22:58] | It’s Dick Whitman. | 而是迪克·惠特曼 |
[23:07] | I don’t know who Donald Draper is, | 我不知道唐纳德·德雷柏是何方人士 |
[23:10] | but according to my friend Russ | 但根据我在国防部的朋友 |
[23:11] | at the Department of Defense, | 罗斯的信息 |
[23:13] | Dick Whitman died in Korea in 1950, | 迪克·惠特曼死于1950年的朝鲜战争 |
[23:16] | and Donald Draper dropped off the map. | 而从那时起 唐纳德·德雷柏便人间蒸发 |
[23:18] | Although he’s 43 years old, | 尽管他那时已经43岁 |
[23:19] | in which case you look remarkably good. | 相对而言 你看起来年轻得不可思议 |
[23:23] | That’s kind of elaborate. | 这个故事还真是细节详尽 |
[23:25] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:27] | I wish I knew more. | 我还希望自己知道更多 |
[23:30] | I bet a lot of people do. | 我相信有很多人都想知道真相 |
[23:33] | Pete… | 彼得 |
[23:35] | get out. | 滚出去 |
[23:36] | You’re making a fool of yourself. | 你是在自取其辱 |
[23:38] | You can deny it. | 你可以尽情否认 |
[23:40] | But I know it’s true. | 但我知道这是真相 |
[23:42] | I can see from your face. | 你的表情出卖了你 |
[23:46] | You should leave. | 你该走了 |
[23:47] | Don… | 唐 |
[23:50] | you should think about how Bert Cooper will react | 你应该考虑一下 |
[23:53] | when he hears this information. | 伯特·库珀听到这条消息后有何反应 |
[23:54] | What information? | 什么消息 |
[23:55] | You’re not who you say you are, | 你隐瞒自己的真实身份 |
[23:58] | and there’s obviously a reason. | 显然这其中另有隐情 |
[24:01] | Come on. | 得了吧 |
[24:03] | I would like you to reconsider my qualifications. | 我希望你重新考虑一下我的能力 |
[24:22] | You said everything except “or else. “ | 你似乎没有考虑过其他因素 |
[24:27] | Assuming this information is true, which it isn’t, | 自以为是地把虚假的信息当真 |
[24:31] | it sounds to me like you’re blackmailing me. | 这么说来你是在敲诈我 |
[24:34] | I’m not. | 不是 |
[24:37] | I’m hoping you’ll realize that this all can be forgotten. | 我只希望你明白 这一切完全能掩饰过去 |
[24:45] | It’s not like you’re a deserter, is it? | 你不是个逃兵 是吧 |
[24:48] | When you threaten someone in this manner, | 一旦你用这种方式威胁别人 |
[24:51] | you should be aware of the fact | 最还是早做心理准备 |
[24:53] | that if your information is powerful enough | 确保你掌握的消息的杀伤力 |
[24:55] | to make them do what you want… | 足够迫使别人服从你的想法 |
[24:59] | What else can it make them do? | 不然的话 会不会适得其反呢 |
[25:02] | It’s very simple. | 这很简单 |
[25:03] | And it’s not a threat. It’s just a job. | 我不是威胁你 只是想要份职位而已 |
[25:09] | Think about it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[25:57] | Whitman. | 惠特曼 |
[26:04] | Yes, Sergeant. | 是 长官 |
[26:07] | What is this? | 这算什么 |
[26:10] | This is it. | 就是这样的 |
[26:13] | One? I’m supposed to have 20. | 怎么只有1个 不是说好20个人吗 |
[26:15] | This is going to take a month, and it should take 48 hours. | 那得要一个月 本该48小时内完工 |
[26:18] | Well, you’re whining to the wrong guy, sir. | 你冲我抱怨也没用 长官 |
[26:38] | At ease. | 稍息 |
[26:41] | Uh, this is for officers. | 这里是军官休息的地方 |
[26:44] | You can bunk next door. | 你可以去隔壁睡 |
[26:45] | I- I’d introduce you to the men, | 我很乐意把你介绍给大家认识 |
[26:47] | but you’re looking at the complete company. | 但整个连就只剩我一个了 |
[26:51] | Where is everybody, sir? | 大家都去了哪儿 长官 |
[26:53] | They were gone when I got here. | 我到这儿时已经人去楼空 |
[26:55] | I’m an engineer. | 我是个工程师 |
[26:57] | They’re in some action 5 miles over that mountain. | 他们去5英里外的山那边执行任务 |
[26:59] | You want to go? | 你想去吗 |
[27:01] | The answer is no. | 当然是不了 |
[27:05] | The locals stopped showing up three days ago, | 近三天来 渐渐不见当地人的踪影 |
[27:07] | which, by the way, is not good. | 我是说 这看上去可不妙 |
[27:09] | You’re going to be doing all the digging. | 你只能一个人挖了 |
[27:12] | Digging what? | 挖什么 |
[27:13] | Well, this unit… that’s you… | 这个连队 其实也只有你一个人 |
[27:16] | will be establishing a field hospital, | 计划建立一座战地医院 |
[27:19] | but first we’re going to be | 但我们得先 |
[27:20] | digging fighting positions on four sides. | 在四面八方布好阵地 |
[27:26] | What are you doing here? Are you poor? | 你为何来这儿 穷光蛋吗 |
[27:29] | I volunteered. | 我是志愿兵 |
[27:31] | You’re kidding me. | 不是吧 |
[27:33] | Well, they got me with college. | 他们征兵时我还在上大学 |
[27:37] | But I’m three years, six months nearly a civilian. | 但我才三年六个月 和民兵差不多 |
[27:40] | I’m supposed to be building swimming pools, not latrines. | 我本该去造游泳池 而不是什么旱厕 |
[27:45] | You any good with that rifle? | 你会使步枪吗 |
[27:46] | I wouldn’t want you to mistake me for Chinese. | 我可不想你把我错当成中国人杀了 |
[27:49] | As much practice as I’ve had, yes. | 我进行了足够的练习 没问题 |
[27:55] | What misconception traveled down the road | 是什么样的错误认识 |
[27:58] | and made you want to be here? | 驱使你心血来潮身在此处 |
[27:59] | A movie? | 被一部电影骗了吗 |
[28:01] | No. I just wanted to leave. | 不 我只是想离开过去的生活 |
[28:04] | I’ll bet you’re reconsidering if this was a step up. | 我猜你现在已经开始后悔了吧 |
[28:39] | Miss Menken, | 麦肯小姐 |
[28:40] | Mr. Draper is here to see you. | 德雷柏先生来看你了 |
[28:44] | Please hold my calls. | 如果有电话找我 让他们先等着 |
[28:59] | Did you run over? You’re flushed. | 你跑过来的吗 满脸通红的 |
[29:13] | Let’s go away. | 我们远走高飞吧 |
[29:16] | Really? Where? | 真的吗 去哪儿 |
[29:18] | Anywhere. | 哪儿都可以 |
[29:19] | Warmer weather? | 去温暖宜人的地方吗 |
[29:21] | Sure. | 当然 |
[29:23] | How about Los Angeles? | 洛杉矶如何 |
[29:25] | Mexico? I have money. | 抑或是墨西哥 我有钱 |
[29:27] | I have money, but I have a store to run. | 我也有钱 但我还要照顾生意 |
[29:33] | Don, are you well? | 唐 你还好吧 |
[29:36] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不好 |
[29:38] | Did something else happen to Roger? | 罗杰又怎么了吗 |
[29:41] | No. | 不 |
[29:43] | Something happened, and… | 出了一些事情 |
[29:46] | I want to go, and I want you to come with me, | 我要离开 想让你和我一起走 |
[29:48] | and I don’t want to come back. | 我这一走 并不打算回来 |
[29:51] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[29:52] | What does it matter? Isn’t this what you want? | 这有什么 你不是一直想要这样吗 |
[29:57] | Of course. I’ve thought about it. | 当然 我是想过 |
[30:00] | My God, we’ve talked about it. | 老天 我们也谈过 |
[30:03] | I just… | 我只是 |
[30:05] | I just didn’t think it would happen… | 我只是没想到这会发生 |
[30:07] | I mean, especially this way. | 这么突如其来 |
[30:11] | I just… don’t want to be without you, | 我只是想要你陪着我 |
[30:15] | and I don’t want to be here. | 远远离开这个地方 |
[30:17] | I can’t just leave. | 我不能就这样一走了之 |
[30:24] | Maybe this weekend… | 到这周末再说吧 |
[30:26] | Rachel. | 雷切尔 |
[30:37] | No. This isn’t how I thought it would be. | 不 这和我想象中的大不相同 |
[30:38] | What is the difference? | 这有什么区别 |
[30:40] | We’ll go somewhere else. | 我们会寻觅到另一个天堂 |
[30:42] | We’ll start over like Adam and Eve. | 如同亚当和夏娃那般重新开始 |
[30:44] | What, are you 15 years old? | 什么 你还是小孩子吗 |
[30:47] | My father… | 我的父亲… |
[30:48] | Can’t we be together here? | 我们在这儿不能在一起吗 |
[30:50] | There’s nothing here. | 我对这里毫无留恋 |
[30:53] | What about your children? | 那你的孩子怎么办 |
[30:56] | I’ll provide for them. | 我会给他们抚养费 |
[30:58] | And live in Los Angeles? | 你却丢下他们住在洛杉矶吗 |
[31:01] | My God, you haven’t thought this through. | 老天 你根本是心血来潮 |
[31:05] | I feel sick. | 我讨厌这样 |
[31:06] | You’re wrong. I know exactly what I want. | 你错了 我已完全考虑清楚 |
[31:08] | You want your children to go on without a father? | 你想让你的孩子在缺失父爱中成长吗 |
[31:11] | You know how that felt. | 你能体会这种感觉 |
[31:12] | Are you having an attack of conscience after all this? | 事到如今 你反而突然良心不安了吗 |
[31:14] | No. I’m watching you talk | 不 虽然是你站在我面前说话 |
[31:17] | because I feel I don’t know you. | 但是你对我来说仿佛全然陌生 |
[31:20] | You know more about me than anyone. | 最了解我的人莫过于你 |
[31:23] | You won’t even tell me what happened. | 你甚至都不告诉我发生了什么 |
[31:32] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你为何要这样对待我 |
[31:34] | What kind of man are you? | 你这样算什么 |
[31:37] | Go away, drop everything, leave your life? | 抛弃一切 远远逃离 一走了之 |
[31:41] | People do it every day. | 大家都是这样 |
[31:46] | This was a dalliance, a cheap affair. | 只是逢场作戏 你我的感情根本毫无价值 |
[31:49] | Rachel, don’t. | 雷切尔 别 |
[31:50] | You don’t want to run away with me. | 你不是想和我一起远走高飞 |
[31:51] | You just want to run away. | 你只不过想要自己一走了之 |
[31:54] | You’re a coward. | 你是个懦夫 |
[32:00] | Please go now. | 请你走吧 |
[32:04] | Get out. | 快走 |
[32:43] | Peggy, this is my office. | 佩奇 这是我的办公室 |
[32:44] | Does this door mean nothing to you? | 你以为这扇门是形同虚设的吗 |
[32:45] | I’m sorry, Mr. Draper. | 我很抱歉 德雷柏先生 |
[32:47] | I didn’t know you were coming back. I just… | 我不知道你回来了 我只是 |
[32:53] | I just… | 我只是 |
[33:01] | Calm down. | 别这样 |
[33:07] | Stop it. | 别哭了 |
[33:09] | I didn’t mean to yell at you. | 我不是故意冲你吼 |
[33:12] | Got to be some semblance of privacy left here. | 这里仅剩下徒有虚表的隐私了 |
[33:16] | I had to get away from them all for a minute. | 我要远离外面那些人 只一会也好 |
[33:23] | Drink this. | 喝了吧 |
[33:33] | Sonny from the elevator and some janitor… | 开电梯的松尼和一个门卫 |
[33:37] | I don’t know his name… | 我甚至都不认识他 |
[33:39] | They got fired. | 他们被开除了 |
[33:41] | That’s why you’re crying? | 你就为了这个哭吗 |
[33:43] | It was my fault. | 那都是我的错 |
[33:45] | I called security. | 是我报告了保安人员 |
[33:49] | They weren’t even here last night. | 他们昨晚甚至都不在这儿 |
[33:54] | Peggy, I need to be alone right now. | 佩奇 我真的需要独处一会儿 |
[33:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:04] | I don’t understand. | 我只是不明白 |
[34:07] | I try to do my job. | 我尽力做好本职工作 |
[34:09] | I follow the rules, | 遵守规章制度 |
[34:11] | and people hate me. | 但却招来别人的憎恨 |
[34:14] | Innocent people get hurt, and… | 无辜的人受到伤害 |
[34:18] | and other people… | 而其他人 |
[34:20] | people who are not good… | 那些坏人 |
[34:23] | get to walk around doing whatever they want. | 却若无其事般地为所欲为 |
[34:28] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[34:32] | Finish it. | 喝完吧 |
[35:18] | I’ve thought about what you said. | 我已考虑过你的要求 |
[35:20] | Glad to hear it. | 洗耳恭听 |
[35:22] | And then I thought about you | 我还考虑到你 |
[35:24] | and what a deep lack of character you have. | 那让人不敢恭维的人品 |
[35:32] | I can understand your frustration, Don. | 我可以理解你的受挫感 唐 |
[35:34] | Believe me, I’m not enjoying this any more than you are. | 相信我 和你一样 我也不喜欢这样 |
[35:36] | I’m hiring Duck Phillips. | 我准备雇佣达克·菲利普斯 |
[35:40] | Don… | 唐 |
[35:42] | Don’t make me go to Cooper. | 别逼我告诉库珀 |
[35:43] | I’m not making you do anything. | 我根本没有逼你 |
[35:45] | You haven’t thought this through. | 你并没有完全考虑透彻 |
[35:48] | – I have. – Really? | -我意已决 -真的吗 |
[35:49] | You’re just going to go up to the office | 你就这样贸贸然地到办公室去 |
[35:50] | and tell Bert Cooper. | 再把这些告诉伯特·库珀吗 |
[35:52] | If I have to. I don’t want to. | 在逼不得的情况下 我不得不这么做 |
[35:55] | Let me ask you. | 我来问你 |
[35:56] | How do you think he’ll react | 你告诉他这个所谓的故事后 |
[35:58] | when you tell him this story of yours? | 你觉得他会有什么反应 |
[36:00] | You expect him to promote you after the way you’ve behaved? | 目睹你的所作所为后 你觉得他还会提升你吗 |
[36:03] | I think he’ll appreciate the loyalty. | 我觉得他欣赏一个人的诚信 |
[36:05] | You haven’t thought this through. | 你并没有考虑透彻 |
[36:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:12] | But I’m pretty sure you won’t be working here anymore. | 但我很肯定 你一定饭碗不保 |
[36:28] | What are you doing? Where are you going? | 你这是干什么 你去哪儿 |
[36:29] | I’m going to take care of this right now. | 我现在就来解决这个问题 |
[36:31] | Is this like in the movies where I have a gun | 你以为这是电影吗 你被枪指着 |
[36:33] | and you don’t think I’m going to shoot you? | 还以为别人不会开枪吗 |
[36:35] | I will shoot you. | 我告诉你 我肯定会开枪 |
[36:36] | I won’t let you hold this over my head. | 我不会再让你掌握主动权 |
[36:37] | So you’d rather blow yourself up than make me head of accounts. | 你宁愿牺牲自己 也不愿升我做客户部经理吗 |
[36:51] | Why can’t you give me what I want? | 为什么你就不能满足我的要求 |
[36:53] | I’ve earned this job. I deserve it. | 我当之无愧 完全应得这份工作 |
[36:55] | Why? Because your parents are rich? | 怎么 就因为你父母有钱吗 |
[36:56] | Because you went to prep school and have a $5.00 haircut? | 上了私立中学还花得起5美元剪个发型吗 |
[37:00] | You’ve been given everything. | 一直以来 你都是坐享其成 |
[37:02] | You’ve never worked for anything in your life. | 你从未付出过真正的努力 |
[37:04] | For gosh sakes, don’t you realize | 老天 你难道不明白吗 |
[37:05] | you’re going to lose everything? | 你这样会一无所有 |
[37:07] | I’m giving you a way out. | 我这是给你个台阶下 |
[37:09] | Would it be so bad? | 这有什么不好 |
[37:10] | Why is this so hard for you? | 为何对你而言就如此困难 |
[37:24] | You’re really going to do this? | 你真的要这么做吗 |
[37:32] | More bad news? | 又有坏消息了吗 |
[37:34] | If you came here to drown your sorrows, | 如果你是想来借酒浇愁 |
[37:37] | I’m not really much of a drinker. | 告诉你 我的酒量可不怎么好 |
[37:39] | No. I just wanted to say… | 不 我只是想说 |
[37:42] | I’m pulling the trigger on Duck Phillips | 我决定雇佣达克·菲利普斯 |
[37:44] | as new head of account services. | 作为新的客户部经理 |
[37:46] | Oh, good. Well done. | 很好 干得不错 |
[38:00] | What? | 还有什么事 |
[38:03] | I have to bring this up to you. | 有件事我不得不提 |
[38:06] | Only because I believe if I kept it from you | 鉴于若我隐瞒此事 |
[38:09] | in the end it would be damaging to Sterling Cooper. | 最终定会对库珀广告公司带来损失 |
[38:12] | It has come to my attention, completely by accident, | 出于意外 我得知了此事 |
[38:15] | that Donald Draper here is not who he says he is. | 唐纳德·德雷柏隐瞒了他的真实身份 |
[38:18] | His real name is Dick Whitman, | 他的真实姓名是迪克·惠特曼 |
[38:21] | but… | 但事实上 |
[38:23] | Dick Whitman died in Korea ten years ago. | 迪克·惠特曼在10年前死于朝鲜 |
[38:26] | It stands to reason that he is a deserter at the very least | 这就说明他至少是个逃兵 |
[38:31] | and who knows what else. | 谁知道他还有什么更加丑恶的真面目 |
[38:57] | Mr. Campbell, who cares? | 坎贝尔先生 谁会在意呢 |
[39:03] | What? | 什么 |
[39:03] | Who cares? | 这很重要吗 |
[39:05] | Mr. Cooper, he’s a fraud and a liar. | 库珀先生 他是个彻头彻尾的骗子 |
[39:08] | A criminal, even. | 甚至可能是个罪犯 |
[39:10] | Even if this were true, who cares? | 就算是这样 又有什么关系呢 |
[39:13] | This country was built and run by men with worse stories | 这个国家的先辈和当权者的经历 |
[39:16] | than whatever you’ve imagined here. | 可比你能想像的更不堪入目 |
[39:19] | I’m not imagining anything. | 我可没有在凭空想象 |
[39:26] | The Japanese have a saying: | 有一句日本谚语 |
[39:28] | A man is whatever room he is in, | 人随境变 |
[39:31] | and right now Donald Draper is in this room. | 而现在 唐纳德·德雷柏就在合适他的位置上 |
[39:36] | I assure you, | 我保证 |
[39:38] | there’s more profit in forgetting this. | 还是忘记这事对你比较有好处 |
[39:42] | I’d put your energy into bringing in accounts. | 我希望你们全身心投入以带来客户和利润 |
[39:55] | Don, | 唐 |
[39:57] | fire him if you want. | 你想的话就开除他吧 |
[40:00] | But I’d keep an eye on him. | 但我会盯着他 |
[40:04] | One never knows how loyalty is born. | 无人知道所谓忠诚从何而来 |
[40:31] | Shit! | 见鬼 |
[40:35] | Sir, what do we do? | 长官 我们该怎么办 |
[40:36] | Keep your head. | 保持低姿势 |
[40:37] | Don’t shoot at anything | 待你受到攻击时 |
[40:38] | unless it shoots at you first. | 再开枪还击 |
[40:42] | What? What? What? | 怎么回事 |
[40:45] | Shut up! Just stay down! | 闭嘴 卧低 |
[40:47] | Shit! | 可恶 |
[40:48] | Don’t they know this is a hospital? | 他们难道不知道这里是医院吗 |
[40:50] | We’re nuts if they know that. | 他们知道我们就完了 |
[41:03] | Is it over? | 结束了吗 |
[41:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:20] | – You think they’ll be back? – I don’t know. | -你觉得他们还会回来吗 -我不知道 |
[41:22] | We didn’t shoot back. That helps. | 幸好我们没还击 |
[41:30] | You pissed yourself. | 你都吓得尿出来了 |
[41:32] | What? | 什么 |
[41:34] | Did I? | 真的吗 |
[41:38] | Crap. | 糟糕 |
[42:06] | How are we doing, Lieutenant Draper? | 感觉如何 德雷柏中尉 |
[42:17] | On behalf of the President of the United States | 我谨代表美利坚共和国总统 |
[42:20] | and the citizens of the United States of America… | 和全体美利坚共和国公民 |
[42:26] | I present you with this Purple Heart medal. | 向您颁发这枚紫心勋章 |
[42:30] | The concussion was minor. | 你有轻微脑震荡 |
[42:32] | You’ll feel like yourself in a week. | 过一周后会好一些 |
[42:39] | The colonel here has some good news for you. | 上校为你带来了一些好消息 |
[42:42] | We’re releasing you to the Reserves for your last 80 days. | 在服役期的最后80天 我们将你转为预备役 |
[42:45] | You’re going home. | 你可以回家了 |
[42:55] | That’s good news. You’re going to be okay. | 这是好消息 你会没事的 |
[43:04] | Lieutenant Draper, | 德雷柏中尉 |
[43:05] | Private Whitman. | 惠特曼二等兵 |
[43:07] | You were the last person who knew him | 在这场战役中 |
[43:09] | in his chain of command. | 你是最后一个认识他的军官 |
[43:11] | We’d like you to take him home. | 我们希望你护送他回家 |
[43:15] | I think it would mean something. | 我觉得这能表达一番心意 |
[43:24] | Lieutenant Nelson, how you doing? | 尼尔森中尉 感觉如何 |
[43:30] | On behalf of the President of the United States | 我谨代表美利坚共和国总统 |
[43:32] | and the citizens of the United States of America… | 和全体美利坚共和国公民 |
[43:42] | Bunbury. | 邦伯利到了 |
[43:47] | This is us, Lieutenant. | 我们到了 中尉 |
[44:17] | Lieutenant Draper? | 德雷柏中尉 |
[44:21] | Just go. | 你们走吧 |
[44:25] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[44:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:42] | There he is! I see him! | 他就在那儿 我看到他了 |
[44:44] | Who? | 谁 |
[44:45] | Dick. He’s on the train. | 迪克 他在火车上 |
[44:46] | I see him. | 我看到他了 |
[44:47] | No, he’s right here. | 不 他躺在这儿 |
[44:49] | But I saw him. | 但我看见他了 |
[44:51] | I saw him in the window over there. | 他就在窗口边上 |
[44:54] | Stop it. No more of that. | 闭嘴 别再胡言乱语了 |
[44:55] | It must be hard for you. | 对你来说一定很艰难 |
[44:59] | Did you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[45:03] | A little. | 不太熟 |
[45:04] | You got your whole life ahead of you. | 现在你是前程似锦 |
[45:07] | Forget that boy in the box. | 忘了那位已逝的年轻人吧 |
[45:12] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[45:15] | Let me buy a soldier a drink. | 我请归来的大兵喝一杯吧 |
[45:27] | Dick! | 迪克 |
[46:18] | With that, I want to say again | 为此 我想再一次 |
[46:23] | my deep thanks to all of you who are here | 向此时此刻守在电视机和收音机旁的你们 |
[46:27] | and those who have listened on television and radio, | 表达深深的谢意 |
[46:31] | and again my congratulations to Senator Kennedy | 我还要再次祝贺肯尼迪参议员 |
[46:35] | for his fine race in this campaign, | 他在竞选中的精彩表现有目共睹 |
[46:38] | and to all of you… | 同时 也祝贺你们 |
[46:43] | I am sure… | 我肯定 |
[46:44] | I am sure his supporters | 我肯定他的支持者们 |
[46:45] | are just as enthusiastic as you are for me, | 也同你们一样满腔热忱 |
[46:47] | and I thank you for that. | 再一次感谢你们 |