时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:31] | Sit up straight. | 坐直 |
[01:34] | Heels down. lighten your hands. | 脚后跟向下 手放松 |
[01:39] | Good girl. | 漂亮 |
[01:44] | There we go. | 谢谢合作 |
[01:48] | Now, if you can step over here. | 现在 麻烦您站到上面来 |
[01:58] | You’re a big one. | 你可真结实 |
[01:59] | Thank you, Lilly. | 谢谢 莉莉 |
[02:02] | Have a seat. | 坐下 |
[02:05] | So, Mr. Draper, | 那么 德雷珀先生 |
[02:07] | You haven’t had a physical in quite some time. | 你已经很久没有体检了 |
[02:11] | I eat a lot of apples. | 我经常吃苹果[俗语:一天一苹果 疾病远离我] |
[02:14] | What is it with you boys? | 你们这些年轻人都怎么了 |
[02:16] | Why does it take an insurance physical to get you in here? | 都非要到办医疗保险的时候才来体检 |
[02:32] | What’s the number? | 血压是多少 |
[02:35] | Because that will mean something to you? | 现在开始担心了吗 |
[02:37] | 160/100 It’s 160 over 100, | |
[02:39] | Which is high for boys our age. | 对你这个年纪来说算高了 |
[02:40] | Tell me about your parents. | 你父母的情况怎么样 |
[02:42] | Living or deceased? | 还健在吗 |
[02:44] | Dead. both. | 都过世了 |
[02:46] | Ages? | 去世时的年龄 |
[02:47] | My dad was 41, 42. | 我爸爸是41或者42死的 |
[02:49] | He died in an accident, | 他死于车祸 |
[02:50] | And my mother died in childbirth. | 我母亲生我的时候死于难产 |
[02:52] | She was 22, I think. | 我想她当时大概是22岁吧 |
[02:54] | How many drinks do you have a day? | 你每天喝多少酒 |
[02:56] | Wine, cocktails, beer. | 葡萄酒 鸡尾酒 啤酒 |
[02:58] | Everything depends on the day. | 看情况吧 没有定量的 |
[03:02] | Days of plenty being? | 多的时候一般是多少 |
[03:04] | Three. | 三杯 |
[03:06] | You’re a high-powered businessman with a high-tension job. | 你是个处于高管阶层的商人 压力繁重 |
[03:09] | I’m trying to help you here. | 我只是想帮你 |
[03:11] | Five. | 5杯 |
[03:12] | And two packs a day, but you’re cutting down. | 一天两罐 不过你还得减 |
[03:14] | Yes. | 好 |
[03:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:17] | Any changes in the last year? | 过去的一年里有什么变化吗 |
[03:19] | What do you mean? | 你指什么 |
[03:20] | In your health. | 健康方面的 |
[03:22] | How do you feel when you wake up in the morning? | 你早上起来的时候感觉怎么样 |
[03:24] | How do you feel? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[03:25] | You live too hard, | 你活得太辛苦了 |
[03:27] | And not just at the office. | 不只是在工作上 |
[03:29] | It’ll hit you all at once. | 它会突然压垮你 |
[03:34] | Nope. no, I’ve been… I’ve been good. | 没 没什么 我一直 一直都还不错 |
[03:38] | All right, I’m going to write you some reserpine to bring that down. | 好吧 我给你开一些利血平降血压 |
[03:43] | And some phenobarbital to help you relax. | 还有一些镇静安眠剂 这有助于你放松 |
[03:46] | You’re 36 years old. | 你36岁了 |
[03:48] | You need to take this seriously. | 是时候好好珍惜健康了 |
[03:51] | Buy a boat. | 买艘船吧 |
[03:54] | Breathe in. | 吸气 |
[03:58] | So I wait for Becky to go play, | 所以我等贝奇去玩的时候 |
[04:00] | And I look in her pencil case. | 检查了她的铅笔盒 |
[04:02] | There’s almost 20 dimes. | 里面有将近2块钱 |
[04:03] | She stopped eating lunch. | 她开始不吃午餐了 |
[04:05] | I hate the dishonesty. | 我讨厌说谎 |
[04:07] | You should be glad she watches what she eats. | 你应该高兴 她开始注意自己的饮食了 |
[04:10] | That’s the truth. she is slimming down. | 那倒是 她越来越瘦了 |
[04:12] | Good morning, ladies. | 早上好 女士们 |
[04:14] | You want to get off right here? | 你想在这里下来吗 |
[04:17] | You can go right to your car. | 你可以直接去你的车那里 |
[04:18] | No. | 不 |
[04:24] | He’s a prisoner of war. | 他是个战俘 |
[04:26] | Because he can’t ride. | 因为他不会骑马 |
[04:28] | A man that age doesn’t suddenly take this up. | 他这个年龄的人不会突然想学骑马 |
[04:30] | He’s 25. | 他只有25岁 |
[04:32] | Did he tell you that? | 他这么跟你说的吗 |
[04:34] | I think so. | 我想是吧 |
[04:35] | He talks to me. he’s engaged. | 他和我聊过 他订婚了 |
[04:38] | There’s no point in being aloof. | 没必要对他冷漠 |
[04:40] | I wouldn’t know what to talk about. | 我不明白有什么好说的 |
[04:43] | Aren’t you funny? are you scandalized? | 你真有意思 你是在生气吗 |
[04:46] | No. | 没有 |
[04:48] | Well, if you must know, | 好吧 如果你一定要知道的话 |
[04:50] | we talk about you | 我们在聊你 |
[04:51] | And how Gertie has a crush on you. | 还有格迪对你的爱慕之情 |
[04:53] | She’s a sadist. | 她是个施虐狂 |
[04:55] | I’ll see you saturday. | 周六见 |
[04:59] | Don’t you hate getting manure in that? | 你不怕把马粪带进车里吗 |
[05:01] | Little children. what’s the difference? | 反正小孩也会弄脏的 又有什么区别 |
[05:14] | Look, miss, just tell me where you want it. | 小姐 你就跟我说你想把它放哪吧 |
[05:18] | I could take out the lockers and use that wall. | 可以把储物柜搬出来 然后靠着那面墙放 |
[05:20] | The break room? | 休息室吗 |
[05:22] | Don’t take away the break room. | 不要剥夺我们的休息室 |
[05:23] | I’m not taking away anything. | 我不会剥夺任何东西的 |
[05:25] | Believe me, this machine is a gift to you girls. | 相信我 这机器是给你们的礼物 |
[05:27] | Happy Valentine’s, girls. | 情人节快乐 美女们 |
[05:30] | How are you going to wear that around your neck? | 我看你要拿这个大家伙怎么办 |
[05:32] | It’s much bigger than they said it was. | 这比他们跟我说的大多了 |
[05:34] | I think it needs an office. | 我觉得需要专门设间办公室 |
[05:35] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[05:37] | We’re already doubling up. don’t do that. | 我们都已经挤成一团了 别这么做 |
[05:39] | My roommate works at ernst & ernst. | 我室友在恩斯特会计事务所工作 |
[05:41] | She did her birthday party invitations on this. | 她的生日邀请卡就是用这机器做出来的 |
[05:44] | On colored paper. | 是彩纸做的 |
[05:45] | I told you, Miss, I’ll try as many places as you want. | 听我说 小姐 你想放在那里我就放在哪 |
[05:50] | Maybe we should leave it here for the time being. | 要不我们暂时就先放在这吧 |
[06:06] | I don’t care. I’m doing this. | 我受不了了 我要吃了 |
[06:08] | If you think that if you start eating, | 你要是觉得你一带头 |
[06:10] | we’re all going to join you, you are wrong. | 我们就会跟着你一起的话 你就错了 |
[06:13] | Look, Don’s not one to stand on ceremony. | 听我说 唐不是个在意礼数的人 |
[06:16] | He’s not going to care. | 他才不会在意呢 |
[06:17] | I made it. I knew Draper would be late. | 我真及时 我就知道德雷珀会来晚的 |
[06:20] | I have some crackers in my desk. | 我桌子里有些饼干 |
[06:23] | So, burning the midnight oil. | 看来是开夜车了 |
[06:25] | S’all right. | 还好啦 |
[06:26] | Hope the words are good | 希望你的文案不错 |
[06:28] | ’cause he ain’t got any artwork. | 因为他没加插图 |
[06:29] | You didn’t have time to give it to art? | 你没时间给它交给美工组吗 |
[06:31] | You want to start living here? | 你想要把这儿当家吗 |
[06:34] | I’m supposed to be the Pen&Pencil by 12:30 every day. | 我每天12:30前要到Pen&Pencil公司 |
[06:37] | I was promised. | 我说好了的 |
[06:39] | Look, Freddie, the eating is the thing. | 听我说 弗雷迪 吃就算了 |
[06:41] | I’m sure you can have a drink. | 但你可以喝一杯 |
[06:42] | It’s an unspoken agreement. | 这是行业潜规则 |
[06:44] | I got you, Freddie. | 我给你拿 弗雷迪 |
[06:48] | Are these all the glasses, Peggy? | 所有的杯子都在这了吗 佩奇 |
[06:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:52] | We have artwork. | 我们有插图 |
[06:57] | Peggy, go see if we can expect Don today. | 佩奇 去看看唐今天会不会来 |
[07:05] | That’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[07:07] | Draper’s not going to yell at her. | 德雷珀不会冲她发火的 |
[07:09] | You want to be alone with that? | 你只喝酒就行了吗 |
[07:12] | I’m telling you, Draper knocked her up. | 我跟你们说 德雷珀肯定把她搞大了 |
[07:14] | She goes away for a couple of months, | 她离开了几个月 |
[07:15] | Drops about 9 pounds, 8 ounces, | 瘦了9磅8盎司 |
[07:17] | Comes back with a job. | 回来就升职了 |
[07:18] | Don’s been screwing me for the last three years. | 唐都搞了我三年了 |
[07:21] | I’ve got nothing. | 我怎么什么都没捞到 |
[07:24] | What’s everybody laughing at? | 你们都在笑什么 |
[07:26] | The great debate wages on about Peggy Olson’s charmed career | 对佩奇·奥尔森幸运的职业生涯的大讨论 |
[07:29] | Fat farm. | 减肥中心啊 |
[07:31] | I thought we had verification. | 我以为我们达成了共识 |
[07:36] | Do you have any idea when you’ll be expecting Mr. Draper? | 你知道德雷珀先生什么时候会来吗 |
[07:38] | I was expecting him at the beginning of work today, | 从早上开始我就一直在等他过来 |
[07:41] | But then he called and said he’d be late. | 之前他打电话过来说他会晚到 |
[07:44] | He said he was going to the movies. | 他说他要去看电影 |
[07:46] | Pinocchio. | 《木偶奇遇记》 |
[07:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:56] | Are you insinuating something? | 你是在影射什么吗 |
[07:59] | I wasn’t doing anything, I don’t think. | 我没有啊 我不觉得 |
[08:02] | Well, I believe that. | 好吧 我相信 |
[08:05] | I want you to imagine, when you talk about Mr. Draper, | 我希望你每次谈论德雷珀先生的时候都想着 |
[08:07] | That he’s standing right behind you. | 他就站在你身后 |
[08:10] | And think about that whenever you speak of him. | 希望你每次谈论他的时候最好都能想到这点 |
[08:12] | Are you going to tell on me? | 你要揭发我吗 |
[08:14] | I didn’t know. What did I do? | 我不知道 我什么都没做啊 |
[08:17] | Do you know where Mr. Draper is? | 你知道德雷珀先生在哪里吗 |
[08:18] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[08:20] | I think he was joking. | 我想他是在开玩笑吧 |
[08:22] | Lois, do you know where Mr. Draper is? | 露易丝 你知道德雷珀先生在哪里吗 |
[08:29] | He’s out. | 他出去了 |
[08:31] | Thank you, Lois. | 谢谢 露易丝 |
[08:59] | How is it? | 这书怎么样 |
[09:02] | He wrote some of it here. | 他有些篇章是在这里写的 |
[09:04] | Some of it on 23rd street, some place they tore down. | 还有些是在23街写的 那里已经被拆了 |
[09:08] | Makes you feel better about sitting in a bar at lunch. | 坐在酒吧吃午饭感觉真的不错 |
[09:11] | Makes you feel like you’re getting something done. | 让人觉得好像完成了某件事情 |
[09:14] | Yeah. It’s all about getting things done. | 是啊 我们总想着如何去完成一些事情 |
[09:20] | Is it good? | 这书好看吗 |
[09:22] | I don’t think you’d like it. | 我觉得你不会喜欢的 |
[09:32] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我吗 |
[09:33] | I wanted to see that valentine heart. | 我想看一下那个情人节的礼物 |
[09:37] | On my way out. Anything else? | 我正要去拿 还有别的吗 |
[09:39] | I’m taking Mona to Lutest. | 我要带莫娜去Lutest餐厅 |
[09:42] | Let me hear what the living are up to. | 我想知道那里环境怎么样 |
[09:44] | You love her. | 你很爱她 |
[09:45] | What happened to the jewish doctor? | 那个犹太医生呢 |
[09:47] | He’s not jewish. | 他不是犹太人 |
[09:48] | Not anymore, but he was. trust me. | 现在不是了 但以前是 相信我 |
[09:50] | Is he still a doctor? | 他还是医生吗 |
[09:51] | You sound like a little girl. | 你怎么跟个小女生似的 |
[09:53] | What do you care? | 跟你有什么关系 |
[09:55] | I wish you every happiness. | 我希望你幸福 |
[09:57] | I’m well aware this is vicarious. I already said that. | 我知道他只是替代品 我已经说过了 |
[10:00] | I already know what day he’s going to ask me. | 我已经知道他什么时候会向我求婚了 |
[10:03] | Does he know that? | 他知道吗 |
[10:04] | Because I have a feeling there’s | 因为我觉得 |
[10:06] | A penalty for passing that date | 他要是误了日子就惨了 |
[10:08] | He knows. | 他知道 |
[10:12] | Mr. Phillips here to see you. | 菲利普斯先生要见你 |
[10:15] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[10:18] | Joan. | 琼 |
[10:20] | Did you girls get my candy? | 美女们都收到我的糖果了吗 |
[10:21] | Yes. It was appreciated and yet unappreciated. | 是的 我们很感激 不过并不喜欢 |
[10:24] | Anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[10:26] | No, thank you. that’ll be all. | 没了 谢谢 就这样了 |
[10:29] | Got a second? | 你忙吗 |
[10:34] | Nothing good ever started with that sentence. | 一听这话就知道没好事 |
[10:36] | It’s not that. It’s Martinson’s coffee. | 不是这样的 是马丁森咖啡的事 |
[10:39] | I’m excited about the possibility of that happening, | 我很兴奋我们就要拿下这个项目了 |
[10:41] | And, as you recall, | 而且 如你所知 |
[10:43] | Martinson’s coffee has a unique problem. | 马丁森咖啡有一个特殊的问题 |
[10:45] | Good. we like that. | 很好 我们就喜欢这样 |
[10:47] | Well, that’s just it. | 是这样的 |
[10:48] | No one under 25 drinks coffee anymore. | 25岁以下的人都不喝咖啡了 |
[10:51] | Just pepsi. | 只喝百事可乐 |
[10:52] | They pour it on their frosted flakes. | 他们用它来冲麦片 |
[10:54] | For those who think young. | 对于那些年轻人来说 |
[10:56] | Which is why I was disappointed to see Don | 这也是为什么我对唐感到失望 |
[10:58] | Put Fred Rumsen on this. | 他让弗雷迪·拉姆森做这个项目 |
[10:59] | So Freddie doesn’t drink coffee. | 因为弗雷迪不喝咖啡啊 |
[11:01] | He doesn’t wear a bra, either. | 他也不戴胸罩 |
[11:02] | He managed to do a good job on Playtex. | 但他在哺儿适奶瓶项目上做得很出色 |
[11:04] | It’s frustrating not to have young people around here. | 这里没有年轻人让人很沮丧 |
[11:07] | We’re a young country. | 我们的国家很年轻 |
[11:08] | The president has a baby. | 总统才刚有小孩 |
[11:09] | Have you been out there? | 你到处看看 |
[11:10] | It’s rotten with kids. | 社会都被这些年轻人败坏了 |
[11:12] | And the cologne they wear. | 到处都泛滥着他们身上的古龙水味儿 |
[11:14] | Real kids. 25. even less. | 真正的年轻人 25岁 或者更小 |
[11:16] | Maybe one of those teams. | 或者一个团队也可以 |
[11:18] | The writer and the artist together. | 一个文案和一个美工 |
[11:19] | Clients keep bringing it up. | 客户一直提起这个 |
[11:21] | Talk to Don about it. just for Martinson’s coffee alone. | 和唐谈谈这事 只说马丁森咖啡的事 |
[11:24] | Can’t you talk to Don about it? | 你自己不能和唐说吗 |
[11:26] | I thought this was the way things were done here. | 我以为程序就是这样的 |
[11:28] | Didn’t you tell me you were a | 你不是跟我说 |
[11:29] | Bridge between a customer and Don | 你是唐和客户的桥梁吗 |
[11:30] | Doesn’t sound like me. | 是我说的吗 |
[11:33] | Look, Don has talent. | 听着 唐很有才华 |
[11:35] | You know how to deal with that, don’t you? | 你知道该怎么处理 不是吗 |
[11:37] | Just assume that he knows | 你只要设想 |
[11:38] | As much about business as you do, | 他像你一样懂生意 |
[11:40] | But inside there’s a child who likes getting his way. | 但内心深处却是个任性的孩子 |
[11:43] | He’s not my first creative director. | 他不是我第一个创意总监 |
[11:46] | This is about a sales reality and not personal territory. | 我在乎的是现实的销售而不是个人威信 |
[11:48] | It’s what the clients are asking for | 这是客户要求的 |
[11:50] | and we need to have it | 而我们需要做到 |
[11:52] | What’s the best way to make it happen? | 最好的解决方案是什么 |
[11:59] | Mr. Draper. | 德雷珀先生 |
[12:00] | Any calls? | 有人找我吗 |
[12:01] | Yes, and there was your 12:00 | 是的 还有你定于12:00的会议 |
[12:03] | In the conference room. | 人都已经在会议室等候了 |
[12:07] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[12:16] | Well, girls can say whatever they want. | 女孩子想要什么都行 |
[12:19] | They want the chocolates. | 她们想要巧克力 |
[12:20] | Right, Peggy? | 是吧 佩奇 |
[12:22] | Of course they do. | 她们当然想要 |
[12:24] | I don’t do anything. keeps them off balance. | 我什么也不送 就是要捉弄一下她们 |
[12:27] | Hey, chief. | 嗨 老大 |
[12:30] | Sorry we’re late. | 抱歉我们来晚了 |
[12:32] | I think the little ones need to eat. | 我想年轻人需要吃东西 |
[12:35] | What do we have? Dale, wake up. | 你们有什么想法了 戴尔 醒一醒 |
[12:38] | I could just go. | 那我先说 |
[12:40] | Or Kinsey. | 还是金西 |
[12:41] | You want to go first? | 你想先说吗 |
[12:44] | Peggy. | 佩奇 |
[12:45] | I just wrote copy for Dale. | 我只是替戴尔写稿子的 |
[12:52] | Well, this is kind of the gist, because I was… | 这只是一些要点 因为我一直 |
[12:56] | Well, we were… | 我们 |
[12:58] | It just kept changing course. | 一直在改变方案 |
[13:02] | “Mohawk airlines. there’s a new chief in the sky.” | “莫霍克航空 天空中的新酋长” |
[13:06] | And I thought, following that, | 然后我想 紧接着 |
[13:08] | “most routes to Boston. | “更多到波士顿的航线 |
[13:10] | Circle the wagons, we’ve got it surrounded.” | 把篷车围成圈 你们已经被包围了” |
[13:13] | And there’d be wagons around a dot | 然后有许多篷车围着一个地方 |
[13:15] | that says “boston.” | 标着”波士顿” |
[13:16] | I can almost picture it. Sal. | 我大概可以想象出来了 萨尔 |
[13:18] | This is the first time I’m hearing it, too. | 这个想法我也是第一次听到 |
[13:20] | So it’s about an airline that’s flown by Indians? | 那么这是说印第安人驾驶的航空飞机喽 |
[13:23] | Maybe a plane with some arrows stuck in the cargo door? | 飞机的舱门上要不要插一些箭头 |
[13:26] | That’s funny. | 很有趣啊 |
[13:27] | That’s what gets people’s attention now, right? | 这样才能引人注意是吧 |
[13:30] | There has to be advertising | 我们必须也考虑到 |
[13:32] | For people who don’t have a sense of humor. | 那些没有幽默感的人 |
[13:33] | I understand, Don. | 我懂 唐 |
[13:35] | What else you got? | 你还有什么想法 |
[13:36] | Several more Indian puns. | 一些别的印第安笑话 |
[13:39] | Stop writing for other writers. | 不要拾人牙慧了 |
[13:46] | Luxury, service. | 奢华 服务 |
[13:48] | A lot of people are afraid of turbulence, | 许多人都害怕颠簸 |
[13:50] | So it’s dead calm. | 它却很平稳 |
[13:52] | Look how level those drinks are. | 看那些饮料都没晃 |
[13:55] | “wherever Mohawk takes us.” | “无论莫霍克带我们去哪里” |
[13:57] | Or, “you’ll love getting there.” | 或者 “你会爱上在那里的感觉” |
[13:58] | What’s outside that window? | 窗户外面是什么 |
[13:59] | – Fluffy clouds. – Research. | -蓬松的云朵 – 查一下吧 |
[14:02] | I get on a plane, I don’t care where I’m going. | 我在飞机上时 并不关心我要去哪 |
[14:04] | I just want to see the city disappearing behind me. | 我只是想看到城市消失在我身后 |
[14:07] | So we could take the clouds out | 那我们把云去掉 |
[14:08] | of there and put in the city | 再把城市画进去 |
[14:10] | The Chrysler building. | 克莱斯勒大厦[纽约摩天楼] |
[14:12] | That Indian… | 关于印第安人 |
[14:16] | It’s not about the majestic beauty of the Mohawk nation. | 吸引人的不是莫霍克民族有多美丽 |
[14:23] | It’s about adventure. | 而是冒险精神 |
[14:27] | Could be a pirate. | 海盗也可以 |
[14:30] | Could be a knight in shining armor. | 穿着金光闪闪的盔甲的骑士也可以 |
[14:31] | Could be a conquistador getting off of a boat. | 从船上走出来的征服者也可以 |
[14:37] | It’s about a fantastical people | 重点是具有奇幻色彩的人 |
[14:39] | Who are taking you someplace where you’ve never been. | 可以带你去你从没有去过的地方 |
[14:52] | We could dress the stewardesses as Pocahontas. | 我们可以把空姐装扮成印第安公主的样子 |
[14:54] | With the cheekbones. | 在脸颊上涂上油彩 |
[14:56] | How’s his wife going to feel about that? | 他妻子会怎么想 |
[14:58] | Air travel’s too expensive to waste on your wife. | 航空旅行太贵了 不值得花在老婆身上 |
[15:01] | You want to get on a plane to feel alive. | 你上飞机希望可以感受到生机 |
[15:03] | If you want to get on a plane to see | 如果你登上飞机 |
[15:04] | just the hint of a woman’s thigh | 只是为了隐约看到女人的大腿 |
[15:06] | Because her skirt is just this much too short. | 因为她的裙子短了那么一点 |
[15:10] | Friday? | 星期五吗 |
[15:12] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[15:16] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思啊 |
[15:18] | It means you want to go somewhere, go up her skirt. | 意思是你想去什么地方 就去她的裙子下面 |
[15:21] | That’s the impression I got. | 我也是这个感觉 |
[15:26] | Carla, Bobby’s turning blue out there. | 卡拉 博比的脸都青了 |
[15:31] | Did somebody get a lot of valentines? | 有人是不是收到了很多情人节礼物 |
[15:33] | They made everybody give one to everybody else. | 他们让每个人都给别人一份 |
[15:36] | That defeats the purpose. | 那就没有意义了 |
[15:38] | They had a party. | 他们办了一个派对 |
[15:39] | I see. Fruit punch? | 我知道了 杂果冰 |
[15:42] | I’m making this for Daddy. | 这是我给爸爸做的 |
[15:43] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[15:45] | I’ll see that he gets it. | 他一定会喜欢的 |
[15:47] | Mommy, can I do it? | 妈妈 让我来吧 |
[15:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[15:54] | I want to go riding with you. | 我想和你一起去骑马 |
[15:56] | – You can’t. – Well, why? | -你不行 -为什么啊 |
[15:59] | Well, for one thing, it’s too dangerous. | 首先 太危险了 |
[16:01] | No, it’s not. | 才不呢 |
[16:02] | Do you remember what happened to the little girl in gone with the wind? | 你还记得《飘》里的那个小女孩怎么了吗 |
[16:08] | You are taking a bath tonight. | 你今晚得洗澡 |
[16:18] | They say once you start drinking alone, | 他们都说如果你开始独自饮酒的话 |
[16:21] | You’re an alcoholic. | 你就是个酒鬼了 |
[16:22] | I’m really trying to avoid that. | 我正在避免这种事的发生 |
[16:24] | So I guess I’m helping both of us. | 这么说我是在帮助我们俩喽 |
[16:26] | Cooper wants younger people. | 库珀想用新人 |
[16:29] | For what purpose? | 为什么 |
[16:30] | Martinson’s coffee. | 马丁森咖啡 |
[16:31] | Last time Freddie Rumsen had a cup of coffee, | 上次弗雷迪·拉姆森喝了杯咖啡 |
[16:34] | It was one of five being poured down his throat by a cop. | 是因为他被一个警察连灌了5杯 |
[16:39] | Well, young campaigns don’t | 年轻人的广告 |
[16:40] | necessarily come from young people? | 不一定要由年轻人来做 |
[16:42] | The clients like it. | 客户希望这样 |
[16:44] | The clients like the thrill of young talent. | 客户喜欢年轻人的才华带来的冲击力 |
[16:48] | So what am I supposed to do? | 那么你要我怎么做 |
[16:49] | Dangle a pepsi out the window | 把一瓶可乐悬在窗外 |
[16:51] | And see if I can hook a stroller? | 看我能不能钓到个路人 |
[16:53] | I have some candidates. | 我这儿有一些人选 |
[16:56] | This smells like accounts to me. | 这怎么跟账单似的 |
[16:57] | I had Paul Kinsey make up a list. | 我让保罗.金西给我列了个单子 |
[16:59] | He had no idea he was signing his own death warrant. | 他都不知道他是在签自己的死刑执行书 |
[17:03] | You want younger people than that? | 你更想要年轻人而不要他 |
[17:04] | What do you want me to say? | 我能怎么说呢 |
[17:06] | Tell Duck clients don’t understand. | 跟达克说客户不懂 |
[17:11] | Their success is related to standing out, not fitting in. | 他们的成功取决于与众不同而不是随大流 |
[17:16] | It’s a fad. | 那只是一时的风靡 |
[17:19] | Paint him a picture. | 给他描述一下 |
[17:20] | Something like one wants to be the needle in the haystack, | 我们想成为草垛里的针 |
[17:25] | Not a haystack. | 而不是成为草垛 |
[17:26] | Donald, isn’t it possible that the recently weaned | 唐 这些乳臭未干的小孩 |
[17:29] | Have some unique perspective? | 难道没有一点可取之处吗 |
[17:32] | Joy, enthusiasm. | 欢乐 激情 |
[17:34] | You’re talking as if they’re some fresh version of us. | 你说的好像他们是我们的年轻版本一样 |
[17:37] | They’re not. | 他们可不是 |
[17:39] | Young people don’t know anything, | 年轻人什么都不知道 |
[17:41] | especially that they are young | 尤其不知道他们还嫩着呢 |
[17:46] | Well, let me set this in a more appealing context for you. | 好吧 让我给你说得更有吸引力一点 |
[17:50] | Prove him wrong. | 证明他是错的 |
[19:08] | Happy Valentine’s Day. | 情人节快乐 |
[19:17] | I love this place. | 我喜欢这里 |
[19:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:20] | So what are we doing? | 那么我们做什么呢 |
[19:21] | Don’t worry, we will be out of here before the singer starts | 别着急 那些人开始唱歌之前我们就离开 |
[19:26] | Juanita? | 安妮塔 |
[19:28] | Betsy Hofstad. | 贝蒂·霍夫斯特 |
[19:30] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[19:33] | This is so nice. | 这真是太棒了 |
[19:34] | Don, believe it or not, you two have met. | 唐 信不信由你 你们俩见过 |
[19:36] | I don’t think we have, Bets. | 我可不这样觉得 贝蒂 |
[19:38] | – Don Draper. – Hello. | -唐.德雷柏 -你好 |
[19:39] | A pleasure to meet you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[19:40] | A pleasure. | 我也是 |
[19:41] | Juanita was one of my roommates | 安妮塔以前是我室友 |
[19:43] | when I lived down westside. | 我们那时住在西区 |
[19:44] | We were models together. | 我们那时都是模特 |
[19:45] | In that horrible apartment. | 那公寓真可怕 |
[19:47] | Do you live in the city? | 你住在市区吗 |
[19:48] | Well, I do. | 我住在市区 |
[19:50] | Curtis is from Detroit. | 柯蒂斯住在底特律 |
[19:51] | Automobiles. | 汽车行业 |
[19:53] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[19:55] | I work as a decorator. | 我是个室内设计师 |
[19:57] | How exciting. | 好棒哦 |
[19:58] | I have a little girl and boy. | 我有一个女儿和一个儿子 |
[20:01] | Of course you do. | 当然了 |
[20:03] | It looks like everything’s going well. | 好像一切都很顺利啊 |
[20:06] | My god, that stone. | 天呐 钻石 |
[20:08] | That was a gift. | 这是礼物啦 |
[20:10] | Give me your phone number. | 给我你的电话 |
[20:12] | Tell me how I can reach you. | 告诉我你的联系方式 |
[20:14] | Does anyone have a business card? | 有人带名片了吗 |
[20:20] | I do. | 我有 |
[20:26] | I would love a nice long lunch. | 我们该一起好好吃一顿 |
[20:30] | So nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[20:40] | That is not who I thought she would end up with. | 我没想到她最后会和那种人在一起 |
[20:43] | I don’t think it’s permanent. | 我觉得这只是暂时的吧 |
[20:46] | Can you imagine still dating at our age? | 你能想象我们这个年龄还在约会吗 |
[20:50] | She’s a party girl, Bets. | 她天生就是个交际女郎 贝蒂 |
[20:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[20:56] | Really. | 当然 |
[20:58] | And how do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[21:03] | Well? | 快说嘛 |
[21:04] | How stupid do you think I am? | 你觉得我有多笨 |
[21:10] | Juanita Carson. | 安妮塔·卡森 |
[21:18] | Should I get another one here? | 还要喝一杯吗 |
[21:20] | What are we doing? | 我们接下来要去干什么 |
[21:23] | – How does room service sound? -Oh, Don | -你觉得开房怎么样 -噢 唐 |
[22:03] | I came prepared. | 我为你准备了精彩的”节目” |
[22:12] | I suppose people get lonely. | 我觉得人们越来越寂寞了 |
[22:15] | And it’s Valentine’s Day. | 而今天是情人节 |
[22:17] | “Be mine for $100.” | “100美元陪我一晚” |
[22:20] | How much is it, do you think? | 你觉得那值多少钱 |
[22:24] | I told her I wanted to have hundreds of babies with you. | 我跟她说我愿意给你生上几百个孩子 |
[22:54] | Hello, lovely. | 你好啊 亲爱的 |
[22:55] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:03] | Happy Valentine’s. | 情人节快乐 |
[23:06] | That’s so sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[23:07] | I got your little note. | 我收到你的纸条了 |
[23:09] | Well, Hildy did. | 是希迪收到的 |
[23:12] | You have to be careful about just putting things in my bag. | 你应该注意 不要就这么把东西放在我包里 |
[23:17] | Come on, open them. I want one. | 来啊 打开吧 我要一个 |
[23:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:29] | The round ones are coconut. | 圆的是椰蓉的 |
[23:31] | Should’ve got the kind where they put that chart in the box. | 真该买那种盒子里带说明的 |
[23:34] | I spoke with Jennifer Crane. | 我和詹妮弗·克雷恩说话了 |
[23:37] | She’s expecting. | 她正待产 |
[23:39] | That’s impossible. | 那不可能啊 |
[23:40] | Harry didn’t tell me anything. | 哈里什么都没告诉我 |
[23:41] | That’s because he doesn’t know. | 因为他不知道 |
[23:44] | She’s going to surprise him tonight. | 她准备今晚给他一个惊喜 |
[23:49] | I just got so distracted. | 我只是有点心烦意乱 |
[23:51] | Dinner’s not for an hour. | 晚餐只吃了一个小时都不到 |
[23:57] | Tweety. | 小迪 |
[24:00] | There’s no reason that’s bad for us. | 这对我们来说也不坏 |
[24:05] | I saw this dumpy woman on second avenue | 我看到那个矮胖的女人 |
[24:07] | By the Hungarian market. | 在匈牙利市场附近的第二街 |
[24:08] | And she had her daughter pushing a stroller | 她的女儿推着一个婴儿车 |
[24:10] | With a little boy in it. | 车里躺着一个男婴 |
[24:13] | And she was round. | 她看起有点发福了 |
[24:15] | She was expecting another. | 应该是又有了身孕 |
[24:17] | She was just buying fruit like it was any other day. | 她跟平常一样在买水果 |
[24:21] | The daughter was pregnant. | 她女儿怀孕了吗 |
[24:23] | No. | 不是 |
[24:25] | The mother. | 是她妈妈 |
[24:28] | It’s this big club they’re all in together. | 那么多人都身怀有孕了 |
[24:31] | Even her. | 就连她也怀了 |
[24:34] | Well, rest assured. | 放心吧 |
[24:38] | She doesn’t have what you have. | 她根本没有你所拥有的东西 |
[24:40] | Jennifer Crane does. | 但是詹妮弗·克雷恩有 |
[24:44] | Do you really believe that? | 你真的相信吗 |
[24:49] | I guess not. | 不太相信 |
[25:24] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[25:27] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[25:36] | Don, it’s okay. | 唐 没事的 |
[25:38] | We’ve got all night. | 我们有一整个晚上 |
[26:05] | I wish you would just tell me what to do. | 我希望你可以直接告诉我该怎么做 |
[26:24] | We drank too much, you know. | 我们喝的太多了 |
[26:25] | I don’t even know where I am. | 我甚至不知道我在哪 |
[26:32] | You should eat something. | 你该吃点东西 |
[26:43] | Hello. yes. | 你好 |
[26:44] | This is Mr. Draper in room 804. | 我是804房间的德雷柏 |
[26:48] | Yes. Can you send up some vichyssoise | 能送份奶油马铃薯汤过来吗 |
[26:52] | And a BLT on wet toast that | 还有一个西红柿培根三明治 |
[26:54] | No. Shrimp cocktail. | 不 我要炸虾尾 |
[26:56] | – Two of them. – Scratch that. | -两份 -不要那些了 |
[26:58] | Two shrimp cocktails, please. | 来两份炸虾尾好了 |
[26:59] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[27:04] | Hello. Do you have anything special? | 喂 你们有什么特色菜吗 |
[27:09] | Anything out of season? | 比如反时令的菜 |
[27:12] | This piano was designed by Franklin Roosevelt… | [这架钢琴是由富兰克林.罗斯福设计的] |
[27:17] | Oh, leave that. | 看刚才那个 |
[27:18] | That’s so complicated. | [设计工艺非常复杂] |
[27:20] | How about this? | 这个怎么样 |
[27:21] | I want a half avocado filled with crabmeat | 给我来个牛油果焗蟹肉 |
[27:23] | And a rare petite filet. | 再加些小肉片 |
[27:26] | Two place settings. | 要两份 |
[27:27] | And if it’s an American company | 如果是家美国公司的话 |
[27:30] | That you can help, i like to do that. | 我就觉得还不错 |
[27:32] | If it’s not, just as long as it’s the best. | 如果不是 只要做的最好就行 |
[27:35] | I rather love this hall. | 我很喜欢这个大厅 |
[27:37] | It has all the colors one thinks of | 这里的颜色与人们想到白宫时 |
[27:39] | When one thinks of the white house… | 所联想到的颜色很一致 |
[27:41] | Red and white and blue and gold. | 红 白 蓝 还有金色 |
[27:44] | It’s through this door that all the heads of state come. | 各个国家的首脑都从这个门经过 |
[27:47] | And this is where the president meets them. | 这里是总统会见他们的地方 |
[27:49] | And here is where the marine band plays. | 这里是海军乐队演奏的地方 |
[27:52] | They have “ruffles and flourishes,” | 他们演奏”鼓号齐鸣” |
[27:54] | Then “hail to the chief.” | 接着演奏”向统帅致敬” |
[27:56] | And then there’s a receiving line, | 还有迎宾队列 |
[27:58] | And then everyone goes in to dinner here In the state dining room. | 所有人从这里进入国宴厅用餐 |
[28:01] | Where’s her husband? | 她丈夫在哪 |
[28:02] | Though the table now is not set up for that many. | 尽管我们现在并没有看到那么多的桌子 |
[28:05] | Are there many state dinners? | 国宴举行的次数多吗 |
[28:07] | Yes, there are. | 是的 |
[28:08] | There were almost two a month last year. | 去年大概一个月会有两次 |
[28:12] | This room’s interesting | 这个房间非常有意思 |
[28:14] | Because it has the most architecturally unity | 因为它是白宫所有的房间里 |
[28:17] | Of any room in the white house. | 建筑风格最独特的 |
[28:18] | It’s really all 1902 | 都是1902年的风格 |
[28:20] | When Theodore Roosevelt took the great restoration | 当时西奥多罗斯福曾委托 |
[28:24] | With Mckim, Mead and White. | 马吉姆-米德-怀特建筑公司对其进行修复 |
[28:26] | Which of these pieces have historical associations? | 哪些部分有历史意义呢 |
[28:30] | There are quite a few. | 很多都有的 |
[28:31] | You have to see this. | 你得看看这个 |
[28:32] | Dolly Madison’s sofa. | 多丽麦迪逊的沙发 |
[28:34] | That’s Nelly Custis’ sofa. | 那是内利卡斯蒂斯的沙发 |
[28:35] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不要看 |
[28:37] | She was Washington’s granddaughter. | 她是华盛顿的孙女 |
[28:38] | I feel so strongly | 我强烈地感觉到 |
[28:40] | That the white house should have this fine a collection. | 白宫应该拥有这个华丽的收藏 |
[28:43] | It’s so important, the setting in which | 总统行政区的布局是很重要的 |
[28:45] | The presidency is presented to the world. | 因为它要呈现给全世界 |
[28:48] | What do you think it is? | 你觉得这是什么 |
[28:49] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[28:51] | But I’m going to find out. | 但我很快就会弄明白的 |
[28:53] | And now a word from our sponsor. | 下面是来自广告赞助商的讲话 |
[29:01] | Their armoire? | 他们的衣橱 |
[29:02] | I’ve seen them in Connecticut, but they’re copies. | 我在康涅狄格州看到过 但都是仿货 |
[29:04] | You know, Jackie has a real one. | 杰姬有一个真品 |
[29:06] | In the White House? | 在白宫吗 |
[29:07] | I think so. | 我想是吧 |
[29:09] | She seemed nervous. | 她看上去很紧张 |
[29:10] | Even when she saw Jack at the end. | 尽管她后来看到杰克了 |
[29:12] | It was like they were playing house. | 感觉他们在玩过家家啊 |
[29:15] | That’s chocolate ice cream. | 这是巧克力冰激淋 |
[29:17] | Or blood. | 还是血迹啊 |
[29:19] | I couldn’t throw it away. | 我不能就这样扔了吧 |
[29:21] | It’s French. | 还是法国货呢 |
[29:23] | We’ll call it chocolate ice cream, and I’ll work on it. | 是巧克力冰激淋 我来搞定吧 |
[29:28] | Well, I’m sorry we missed it. | 很抱歉我们错过了 |
[29:30] | No time for television. | 因为没时间看电视 |
[29:32] | Stop rubbing it in. | 别再提这个了 |
[29:34] | Really. A room at the savoy? | 真的吗 在沙威酒店开个房间 |
[29:35] | That takes thought. | 那可要想破脑袋才能想出来 |
[29:37] | Your night sounded very romantic. | 听上去你过了个非常浪漫的夜晚 |
[29:39] | I would describe it as delightfully disappointing. | 我觉得应该是失望并快乐着吧 |
[29:43] | There was a time when he overdid it, | 有时他会做的很过分 |
[29:45] | But I’ll take dull and know where I stand. | 但我会装不知道 我知道自己的立场 |
[29:47] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[29:51] | What? | 什么 |
[29:58] | I ran into this old friend. | 我偶遇了一个老朋友 |
[30:00] | Juanita Carson. | 安妮塔·卡森 |
[30:02] | We were models together. | 我们以前做模特时在一起 |
[30:03] | Roommates. | 租同一个公寓 |
[30:04] | She was in the lounge of the savoy. | 她当时在沙威酒店的大厅里 |
[30:06] | She didn’t look cheap. | 她看上去并不寒酸 |
[30:08] | Except for this 2-carat stone. | 还戴了个两克拉的钻石 |
[30:10] | But she wasn’t with a date. | 但是她不是在约会 |
[30:12] | She was with a companion. | 她是和一个”同伴”在一起 |
[30:15] | I don’t understand. | 我没明白 |
[30:17] | Don agreed with me. | 唐也同意我的说法 |
[30:19] | He was an old man. | 他看上去很老 |
[30:22] | She’s a call girl. | 她在做妓女哦 |
[30:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[30:27] | Butterfield 8? | 《青楼艳妓》啊[引用电影名] |
[30:28] | I wonder what that’s like. | 我有点好奇做妓女是怎么回事 |
[30:29] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[30:32] | New York… Manhattan… is expensive. | 纽约 曼哈顿 都是极其奢侈的地方 |
[30:34] | We forget that. | 我们都忘了这个 |
[30:36] | I used to look at people in restaurants with envy. | 我也曾经很眼红地看着饭店里的人 |
[30:39] | Don gave me a fur coat. | 唐送了我一件毛皮大衣 |
[30:41] | If prostitution is don showing up with a fur coat, | 如果唐送你一件毛皮大衣就叫做招妓的话 |
[30:44] | Sign me up. | 那我干脆也去做妓女好了 |
[30:45] | I don’t think it’s like that. | 不过我可不觉得会是这样 |
[30:47] | I just keep picturing Juanita at 22 years old. | 我只是不停在想22岁时的安妮塔 |
[30:50] | We shared a room. | 我们住同一个房间 |
[30:52] | Talked in the dark… | 经常在夜深人静的时候聊天 |
[30:55] | I know we wanted the same things. | 我知道我们想要的东西是一样的 |
[30:57] | When I was 22, whenever I was really low on money, | 当我22岁的时候 如果缺钱了 |
[31:01] | I would call my father and let him | 我就打电话给我爸 |
[31:02] | know that i was going to Havana | 告诉他我要去哈瓦那[古巴首都] |
[31:04] | And he would, without fail, | 然后他就毫不犹豫的 |
[31:06] | send $25 in cash in the mail. | 给我寄来25块现金 |
[31:11] | He wanted you to have a good time. | 他想让你玩的开心点 |
[31:12] | No. he’s a degenerate gambler. | 不 他是个堕落的赌徒 |
[31:15] | And it would always come with a list of instructions | 他寄钱的时候总会寄来一堆 |
[31:17] | Of how to bet it. | 教你如何去赌的指南 |
[31:18] | You’re kidding me. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[31:19] | No. and he never won because I never went. | 没有 他从没赢过因为我从没去过 |
[31:22] | That’s criminal. | 这是犯罪吧 |
[31:34] | What’s wrong with the conference room? | 会议室有什么问题吗 |
[31:36] | Why don’t we go to my office? | 为什么我们不去我的办公室呢 |
[31:37] | Plenty of room. | 很宽敞 |
[31:39] | Braggart. | 吹牛吧你 |
[31:40] | Nope. We’re sitting here. | 不 我们就坐这 |
[31:43] | I’m trying to figure something out. | 我在想一些事情 |
[31:45] | So, pops, we should celebrate your soon-to-be-fat wife. | 那么 我们是不是该庆祝一下你怀孕的老婆 |
[31:50] | Aren’t you happy? | 你不开心吗 |
[31:51] | Sure. I mean, it’s going to be a lot of headaches. | 当然 我是说马上会有很多麻烦事了 |
[31:54] | Things are going to change. But come on. | 很多事情都会改变了 不过还好 |
[32:02] | He’s really meeting with them. | 他真的要和他们见面 |
[32:03] | Why are they doing this? | 他们为什么要这么做 |
[32:05] | I guess you haven’t been privy to | 我猜你一定还不太清楚 |
[32:07] | some of Duck’s scoutmaster talks | 从达克的团队里传出来的消息 |
[32:09] | About how we need younger creative. | 说我们多么需要年轻的创意人才 |
[32:11] | Who said that? Did he say that? | 谁说的 他说过吗 |
[32:13] | – A few times. – Wonderful. | -好几次了 -太好了 |
[32:16] | Look, we’re in the same boat. | 我们都在一条船上 |
[32:18] | I’m sure he’ll turn his sights on us. | 我确定他会注意到我们的 |
[32:20] | No one’s been promoted in accounts since he came in. | 自从他来了之后还没有人被提升 |
[32:22] | I can’t believe Donald would listen to Duck. | 真不敢相信唐竟然会听达克的 |
[32:23] | Well, maybe Duck made him. | 有可能是达克逼迫唐听从他的 |
[32:25] | Nobody makes Draper do anything. | 没人可以强迫德雷柏做任何事情的 |
[32:27] | Let me tell you, Don Draper has a rope coiled under his desk. | 唐·德雷柏的桌子下面有一条绳子 |
[32:30] | And it’s looped around Duck’s neck. | 直接缠着达克的脖子 |
[32:32] | And Duck’s going to run around and run around, | 达克只能绕着桌子来回跑 |
[32:35] | And then one day… | 然后有一天 |
[32:38] | There’s a meeting? Nobody told me there was a meeting. | 在开会吗 怎么没人告诉我有会啊 |
[32:41] | Can we change venues? | 我们能不能换个地方啊 |
[32:48] | So, I have a lot of thoughts. | 我有一些问题 |
[32:53] | How old are you? | 你们多大了 |
[32:55] | 25 25. | |
[32:56] | 24. But that resume | 他24 但那个简历 |
[32:59] | That’s really just two years. | 实际上只有最近2年的 |
[33:00] | 18 months, without a doubt. | 应该说是18个月 毫无疑问 |
[33:02] | Right. | 好的 |
[33:03] | You’re experienced, I gather. | 你应该很有经验 |
[33:05] | Are you married? | 结婚了吗 |
[33:06] | That’s why we’re on the purpose. | 这就是我们能来应聘的原因 |
[33:09] | He’s right. | 嗯 他说的对 |
[33:10] | We haven’t settled down yet. | 我们还没稳定下来 |
[33:13] | So, again, you both did everything together, | 这么说 你们俩做什么事情都在一起吗 |
[33:17] | And yet you get paid more. | 但是你的薪水要高些 |
[33:19] | Well, I have a writing background. | 是啊 我有写作背景 |
[33:21] | Short fiction. and I’m a citizen. | 短篇小说 而且我是本市市民 |
[33:23] | But you contribute words. | 但是你也帮忙润饰了字句 |
[33:26] | Only when it’s a distance. | 除非他词不达意或表现力不够的时候 |
[33:34] | I’m going to ask you a question | 我再问你们一个问题 |
[33:36] | That was always asked of me when I was on job interviews. | 这问题也是我以前参加面试时经常被问到的 |
[33:39] | That is divine, man. | 那应该很经典吧 |
[33:41] | Have you ever been fired? | 你们曾经被解雇过吗 |
[33:47] | I believe you that other people have them in the hallways. | 我相信你说的其他人会把这东西放在走廊 |
[33:50] | I just don’t know if that’s right for us. | 我只是不太确定对我们来说是否合适 |
[33:52] | I mean, this is an environment for clients. | 这个地方是给客户的 |
[33:53] | We don’t want to appear to be bursting at the seams. | 最好不要让这个地方显得特别拥挤 |
[33:56] | Lois, may I speak with you? | 露易丝 我能和你聊几句吗 |
[34:04] | Theresa said there was an incident yesterday. | 特蕾萨说昨天出了点事情 |
[34:07] | You were crying in the break room, | 你在休息室哭了 |
[34:08] | Which I have specifically forbidden. | 这可是我明令禁止过的 |
[34:10] | I’m sorry, but Peggy… | 对不起 可是佩奇她 |
[34:11] | Miss Olson. | 是奥尔森小姐 |
[34:14] | She yelled at me. | 她对我大喊大叫 |
[34:15] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么要对你喊叫 |
[34:20] | I’m good at my job. | 我工作做的很好 |
[34:22] | The next time that you come to complain… | 下次如果你再来抱怨的话 |
[34:23] | I wasn’t complaining. you wanted to talk to me. | 我没有抱怨 是你要跟我聊几句的 |
[34:25] | This is why I don’t allow crying in the break room. | 这就是为什么我不允许在休息室哭 |
[34:28] | It erodes morale. | 这会影响士气的 |
[34:29] | There’s a place to do that, like your apartment. | 而且有很多地方可以让你哭 比如你家 |
[34:31] | It came over me. | 我知道了 |
[34:33] | And I would correct your attitude towards Miss Olson. | 我得更正一下你对奥尔森小姐的态度 |
[34:36] | It’s unbecoming. | 是非常不合适的 |
[34:37] | Yes, Joan. | 是的 琼 |
[34:40] | Do we like this in the hallway? | 我们把它放在走廊合适吗 |
[34:44] | I think it looks good now, | 起码现在看起来还行 |
[34:45] | But I think it will become messy. | 但估计不久就会变的很乱 |
[34:48] | I agree. | 我也这么觉得 |
[34:56] | Looks good. | 谈的很愉快 |
[34:57] | By the way, | 顺便说下 |
[34:58] | it has Julian Koenig’s fingerprints all over it. | 这里到处都是朱利安·凯宁格的指纹 |
[35:00] | His master’s voice. | 他是主管 |
[35:02] | Also not mine. | 不是我 |
[35:03] | Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Smith. | 很高兴与你会谈 史密斯先生 |
[35:05] | – Smitty. – Kurt. | -斯密特 -库特 |
[35:06] | We have the same last name. | 我们俩同姓 |
[35:08] | We don’t want peopl to mix us up. | 所以不想让别人把我们弄混 |
[35:09] | It must happen all the time. | 那肯定经常发生 |
[35:10] | You two share an office? | 你们俩共用一间办公室可以吗 |
[35:12] | Works best that way. | 那样工作效率是最高的 |
[35:13] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[35:15] | Gentlemen, your reputations precede you. | 先生们 久仰你们的大名 |
[35:17] | Duck Phillips, head of account services. | 达克·菲利普斯 客户服务部主任 |
[35:19] | I get a distinct impression. | 好像我们两个现在成了焦点人物 |
[35:21] | Pardon? | 你说什么 |
[35:22] | We’d rather people not know we were here. | 我们不太想让别人知道我们在这 |
[35:25] | If it gets out we’re meeting… | 如果别人知道我们与您会面了 |
[35:27] | – of course not. – yes, right. | -当然不会了 -是的 没问题 |
[35:30] | Bye. | 再见 |
[35:32] | – I’ll let him know she called. – Okay. | -我会转告他有电话找他 -好的 |
[35:36] | I like the direction you’re taking. | 我喜欢你处事的方式 |
[35:37] | Good. | 很好 |
[35:39] | Now that I’ve given you your babies and your xerox machine, | 我把你要的年轻人和影印机都搞定了 |
[35:42] | Should I throw in a couple of elephants? | 我是不是应该再往里扔几只大象呢 |
[35:43] | I don’t want there to be any excuse | 如果你没能争取来马丁森咖啡 |
[35:45] | When you can’t bring in martinson’s coffee. | 我可不想你会有什么借口 |
[35:47] | Don’t get worked up. | 别高兴得太早 |
[35:49] | You know, there are other ways to think of things | 知道吗 除了你自己想事情的方式以外 |
[35:51] | Than the way you think of them. | 还有很多其他考虑事情的方式 |
[36:00] | The testimonials. | 消费者评论 |
[36:02] | I was thinking we could get younger girls. | 我觉得我们可以找些年轻女孩 |
[36:04] | Sixth graders. | 比如六年级的 |
[36:05] | It would mean different publications. | 这是完全不同的消费人群 |
[36:06] | Do they need clearasil that early? | 她们这么早就需要用克利拉思[护肤品牌] |
[36:08] | – Doesn’t matter. – Doesn’t. | -这个没关系的 -没关系 |
[36:09] | I guess we could try that. | 我觉得我们可以试一下 |
[36:12] | Two more from DDB. Even younger. | 又从恒美广告公司挖来了两个更年轻的 |
[36:16] | Just assume that everyone on the | 看来你给罗杰那份名单上的人 |
[36:17] | List you handed Roger is coming in | 都会被挖过来了 |
[36:19] | You’re an idiot. | 你真蠢 |
[36:20] | I don’t understand that. I’m only 22. | 我不知道会这样 我才22啊 |
[36:22] | You don’t count. | 你根本不算 |
[36:24] | We’ve got to get him out of here. | 我们得把他弄出去 |
[36:26] | Come on, daddy. | 走吧 未来的老爸 |
[36:27] | How often do you get to celebrate | 把女人肚子搞大了还要庆祝 |
[36:28] | Getting some girl gregnant? | 这种事可不是天天都有的 |
[36:30] | Campbell, you’re buying. | 坎贝尔 你请客哦 |
[36:31] | We still have to show mohawk to Mr. Draper. | 我们还是得把莫霍克广告文案拿给德雷柏看 |
[36:33] | Dale’s not here. | 戴尔现在不在 |
[36:35] | Mr. Draper doesn’t care. | 德雷柏先生才不在乎 |
[36:41] | Kids. What’s the big deal? | 孩子嘛 有什么大不了的 |
[36:44] | Do you want to have kids? | 你想要小孩吗 |
[36:47] | Eventually. | 终究会要的啊 |
[36:50] | Exactly. | 说得太对了 |
[37:02] | Mr. Romano, Miss Olson. | 罗曼诺先生和奥尔森小姐找您 |
[37:06] | Send them in. | 让他们进来 |
[37:10] | Where are we? | 进展地怎样了 |
[37:11] | You tell us. | 你来告诉我们 |
[37:15] | “where are you going?” | “你将要去何方” |
[37:19] | Are you going to underline the “you”? | 你非得强调”你”吗 |
[37:21] | For half the people, it will be, | 大部分人会这么说 |
[37:23] | “where are you going?” | “你要去哪儿” |
[37:25] | I also had “come away with us.” | 我通常会说”与我们同行吧” |
[37:30] | Where the hell’s Dale? | 戴尔到底去哪了 |
[37:32] | He’s sick. | 他病了 |
[37:36] | I don’t know. sure. | 我真的不知道 |
[37:38] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[37:39] | It’s exactly what we talked about. | 这就是我们之前谈论的 |
[37:41] | It’s obvious. | 当然了 |
[37:44] | I’m uninvolved. | 但我还是没有被打动 |
[37:59] | What about that? | 这是怎么回事 |
[38:04] | I think it’s sentimental. | 我想这可以唤起人们的感情 |
[38:05] | Peggy. | 佩奇 |
[38:06] | No, she’s right. | 她说的很对 |
[38:09] | Just because it has sentiment doesn’t make it sentimental. | 有感情的因素在里面不一定就能唤起共鸣 |
[38:13] | We’re talking about businessmen. | 我们讨论的是商人 |
[38:15] | Right. Businessmen who like short skirts. | 没错 商人都喜欢短裙 |
[38:19] | Sex sells. | 性推销 |
[38:23] | Says who? | 谁跟你说的 |
[38:30] | Just so you know, | 你知道 |
[38:31] | The people who talk that way think that monkeys can do this. | 有那种想法的人认为猴子也可以做这些 |
[38:37] | And they take all this monkey crap | 然后他们这些糟糕的”猴子理论” |
[38:38] | And just stick it in a briefcase. | 都装进公文包里 |
[38:40] | Completely unaware that their success | 并且完全没有意识到 |
[38:42] | Depends on something more than their shoe shine. | 他们的成功并不仅仅依赖于鞋油 |
[38:54] | You are the product. | 把你自己想像成产品 |
[38:57] | You feeling something. | 你要学会去感受到一些东西 |
[39:00] | That’s what sells. | 这才是推销 |
[39:02] | Not them. | 不是那些人说的狗屁理论 |
[39:05] | Not sex. | 也不是性 |
[39:11] | They can’t do what we do. | 我们所能做到的他们做不到 |
[39:13] | And they hate us for it. | 所以他们恨我们 |
[39:23] | “welcome back, daddy”? | “欢迎回家 爸爸” |
[39:26] | Is that a question? | 这是个问题吗 |
[39:32] | “what did you bring me, daddy?” | “爸爸 你给我带了什么礼物” |
[39:43] | You can put that in your book. | 你可以把这句话记下来 |
[40:05] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[40:34] | He’s going to take it to Leon in actuarial? | 他要把这个拿给精算师利昂吗 |
[40:36] | His stomach’s so fat, it’s now resting on his desk. | 他的胃很大 都可以放在桌子上了 |
[40:39] | Got to feed that big brain. | 应该给他的大脑多供点养料 |
[40:42] | He’s a deal breaker. | 他简直是交易的克星 |
[40:44] | I’m a closer. | 那我就是福星 |
[40:47] | That Cecelia? | 那个塞瑟莉娅 |
[40:48] | Sits outside Fred Talbot’s office? | 坐在弗雷迪·塔博特办公室外面的 |
[40:50] | You made that happen? | 你搞到手了 |
[40:52] | Silver tongue. | 花言巧语的功夫不错啊 |
[40:57] | I got her three stingers. | 我请她喝了三杯鸡尾酒 |
[40:59] | She’s a little girl. | 她还是个小女孩 |
[41:01] | You have to give them an excuse. | 你必须给她们找个借口 |
[41:02] | That’s what I always say. | 那是我常说的 |
[41:03] | She had those panties that said “wednesday.” | 她那写着”星期三”的内裤 |
[41:06] | They were soaked through. | 全湿了 |
[41:07] | I love that. | 我喜欢 |
[41:08] | Once the engine was running, She wouldn’t stop. | 一旦开始了 她就停不下来了 |
[41:11] | She’s so straight. | 她很直接啊 |
[41:13] | You’d think that. | 是啊 |
[41:16] | Take your hat off. | 摘下你的帽子 |
[41:19] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[41:57] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[42:14] | Everything okay? | 你还好吗 |
[42:16] | You know anything about cars? | 你懂车吗 |
[42:18] | No. | 不懂 |
[42:21] | Can you tell them at the esso to send a tow truck? | 你能到加油站那里帮我叫辆拖车吗 |
[42:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:37] | Hey, Carla. | 嘿 卡拉 |
[42:39] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[42:40] | Hey, bebe. | 嘿 宝宝 |
[42:42] | Hey, daddy. | 嘿 爸爸 |
[42:44] | How was your day, Mr. Draper? | 德雷柏先生 今天过的怎么样 |
[42:46] | I am tired. | 很累 |
[42:49] | Where’s Mrs. Draper? | 我太太呢 |
[42:50] | She just went to get sally from ballet. | 她去芭蕾舞班接萨丽了 |
[42:54] | Want a ride to the station? | 要我送你到车站吗 |
[42:55] | No. I’m all right. | 不用了 |
[42:58] | It’s a nice night out. I enjoy the fresh air. | 今晚天气很好 我想呼吸下新鲜空气 |
[43:01] | Good night, Bobby. | 晚安 博比 |
[43:02] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[43:04] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[43:13] | I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢吃这个 |
[43:19] | Here. Give it to me. | 来 给我吧 |
[43:28] | I just know when the smoke starts to come out, | 我只知道有烟冒出来的时候 |
[43:30] | I have to stop. | 我必须停下来 |
[43:32] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[43:33] | I got a fan belt on the truck. I could put it in for $9.00. | 我换了一个风扇皮带 9块钱 |
[43:38] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[44:04] | I have $3.00 and change. | 我只有3块和一些零钱 |
[44:06] | I could put it on account, | 我可以记在帐上 |
[44:07] | Send you a bill. | 回头寄张支票给你 |
[44:09] | I don’t want my husband knowing about this. | 我不想让我丈夫知道这件事 |
[44:11] | It’s a new car. | 这是辆新车 |
[44:12] | He doesn’t like the way I drive. | 他不喜欢我开车的方式 |
[44:14] | That’s got nothing to do with this. | 那跟这事好象没什么关系 |
[44:21] | Well, it would mean the world to me. | 但对我很重要 |
[44:25] | I don’t know. you know, the… | 我不知道 |
[44:26] | The belt’s 2.55. | 这个皮带值2块5毛5 |
[44:30] | So there’s nothing you can do for a damsel in distress? | 你不能为一个落难的年轻女子做点什么吗 |
[44:39] | Are we bargaining here? | 我们是在讨价还价吗 |
[44:43] | Well, yes, I guess we are. | 嗯 我想是吧 |
[44:47] | I could say no, couldn’t I? | 那我不同意 行吗 |
[44:52] | That would be a terrible disappointment. | 那真是太令人失望了 |
[44:54] | It would be, wouldn’t it? | 确实啊 是吧 |
[45:27] | It’s not that complicated. | 不是很复杂 |
[45:28] | That’s a relief. | 这话让我如释重负 |
[45:43] | Well, that’ll do it. | 搞定了 |
[45:59] | Have a good night now. | 那么 祝你晚上过的愉快 |
[46:01] | I will. | 我会的 |
[46:14] | Polly! | 波莉 |
[46:18] | I’m here, too. | 我也在这呢 |
[46:19] | Hi, daddy. | 爸爸 |
[46:21] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[46:24] | Bobby conked out. | 博比已经睡了 |
[46:26] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[46:27] | Mommy was late. | 妈妈迟到了 |
[46:28] | I got stuck talking to | 我在停车场遇到玛丽莲·科奇勒 |
[46:31] | Marilyn Keckner in the parking lot. | 聊了一会儿 |
[46:33] | Well, I was here. | 我一直在这 |
[46:35] | Did you eat something? | 吃东西了吗 |
[46:37] | I did. | 吃过了 |
[46:40] | Come on, show me what you learned in ballet. | 给我看看芭蕾课都学了什么 |
[47:04] | Now I am quietly waiting | 现在 我在安静的等待 |
[47:05] | For the catastrophe of my personality | 等待我那溃败的人格 |
[47:07] | To seem beautiful again, | 能够再度变得美丽 |
[47:10] | And interesting and modern. | 变得有趣 富有现代气息 |
[47:17] | Made me think of you—D | 让我想起了你 唐 |
[47:20] | The country is gray | 整个城市是灰暗的 |
[47:22] | And brown and white and trees. | 泛着灰白色 树木凋零 |
[47:28] | Snows and skies of laughter are always diminishing. | 雪和欢笑也总是会慢慢消失的 |
[47:32] | Less funny, not just darker. | 不再有那么多有趣的事情 |
[47:35] | Not just gray. | 而不仅仅是黑暗 |
[47:38] | It may be the coldest day of the year. | 这是一年中最冷的日子 |
[47:42] | What does he think of that? | 他到底在想什么 |
[47:45] | I mean, what do I? | 我是说 我到底在想什么 |
[47:49] | And if I do, | 如果我真的知道 |
[47:51] | Perhaps I am myself again. | 那么我就找回自我了 |