时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:42] | It’s smooth, it’s brown. | 口味醇和 色泽纯正 |
[00:44] | Now, Sinatra drinks it. Why shouldn’t you? | 连辛纳特拉都喝它 你为何不试试呢 |
[00:49] | This bulging? | 后面显得鼓吗 |
[00:51] | No. | 不 |
[00:53] | Can you get somebody to clean up the loose chips on the bar? | 你能找人清理吧台上的薯条吗 |
[00:55] | It’s messy. And if I decide I want to spill some during the bit, | 太乱了 并且我想我还会洒落一些 |
[00:58] | It’s not going to be funny if there’s already some there. | 如果桌面已经有了可就不那么有趣了 |
[01:00] | Going again. | 再来一遍 |
[01:04] | “Utz are better than nuts” bar scene, take 6. | “优滋美味 坚果不配” 吧台场景 第六遍 |
[01:08] | Action. | 开拍 |
[01:11] | Imagine my horror when a night on the town turned ugly. | 当沉重的夜色笼罩城市 我惶恐难安 |
[01:14] | This is a nice place for nice people, | 这高贵的场所正是为高雅的人而设立的 |
[01:16] | And the jerk behind the bar, he throws a bowl of nuts at me. | 而吧台后面的蠢货丢来一碗坚果给我 |
[01:19] | What am I, a squirrel? | 当我是什么 松鼠吗 |
[01:22] | Well, lucky for him, I bring my own wherever I go. | 好吧 算他走运 我到哪都带着自己的 |
[01:25] | Am I crazy? I don’t think so. | 我疯了吗 当然没有 |
[01:27] | Just you try and stick your face into a can of nuts. | 试着把你的脸埋进一罐坚果 |
[01:32] | Take it from a nut. | 取出一颗 |
[01:33] | Utz are better than nuts. | 优滋美味 坚果不配 |
[01:38] | Don’t cut. No. I want to do that again. | 别停 我再来一遍 |
[01:40] | Roll the camera over that way 5 feet | 把摄影机往那边移过去5英尺 |
[01:41] | And come in around the lapels. | 拉近到衣领周围 |
[01:45] | Quiet, please. | 请保持安静 |
[01:47] | Still rolling. | 继续拍 |
[01:49] | Just try sticking your face into a can of nuts. | 试试把你的脸埋进一罐坚果 |
[02:00] | Here we are in Lakehurst, New Jersey, | 现在我们在新泽西的雷克赫斯特 |
[02:02] | Watching as the great airship hindenburg | 观看伟大的兴登堡号飞艇 |
[02:03] | Attempts to tie off its mooring mast and… | 正试图停靠在飞船系留塔上 |
[02:06] | Oh, my god! she suddenly burst into flames! | 天呢 她突然起火了 |
[02:08] | Oh, god! look at the size of it! | 我的天 看那大火 |
[02:09] | It’s horrible! oh, the humanity! | 太可怕了 人类啊 |
[02:12] | Hey, get Sitting Bull on the phone. | 叫坐牛接个电话[印第安苏族首领] |
[02:14] | We found the last buffalo. | 我们发现了最后一头野牛 |
[02:18] | Hey, get a wider lens, right? | 给来个广角镜头 |
[02:19] | We want to shoot her in cinema fat. | 我们给她拍个大特写 |
[02:21] | Hey, Jimmy, what do you say we take a little break? | 吉米 我们休息一下怎么样 |
[02:23] | Open your mouth, sweetheart. | 张开你的嘴 亲爱的 |
[02:24] | I want to see if Gepetto’s building a fire in there. | 我想看看是不是盖比托在里面生火了 |
[02:28] | That man is an animal. | 那人简直是个畜牲 |
[02:31] | Jesus, Jimmy. | 上帝啊 吉米 |
[02:34] | Just for your information, this guy’s laughing over here. | 告诉你 这家伙刚才大笑来着 |
[02:53] | Are you going right home? | 你要直接回家吗 |
[02:56] | No. | 不 |
[02:58] | I have marketing. | 我要去趟商场 |
[02:59] | I have to pick up Don’s watch. | 我得去拿唐的手表 |
[03:02] | – You bought Don a watch? – I got it repaired. | -你给唐买了块表吗 -我拿去修了 |
[03:04] | He was bathing the kids with it. | 他在给孩子们洗澡时弄坏了 |
[03:06] | I’ve been looking for one for Raymond. | 我也想给雷蒙德挑块手表 |
[03:08] | – We’re coming up on 10, you know. – 10? | -我们结婚10周年纪念日就要到了 -10周年 |
[03:11] | Poor man has to think of something | 可怜的男人抓破脑袋想送点儿什么 |
[03:12] | For the girl who has everything. | 给一个什么都不缺的女孩 |
[03:14] | Did you make any suggestions? | 你没给他什么建议吗 |
[03:16] | I do love your car. | 我超爱你的车 |
[03:18] | That’s not romantic. | 那就一点都不浪漫了 |
[03:20] | Did you hear the part where I said 10 years? | 你没听见我说10周年吗 |
[03:23] | I shouldn’t be saying that. | 我不该说那个的 |
[03:28] | He looks like a little boy. | 他看起来像个小男孩似的 |
[03:31] | I guess. | 我觉得也是 |
[03:32] | He reminds me of Monty Clift in | 他让我想起蒙堤·克利夫特在 |
[03:34] | A place in the sun, | 电影《郎心似铁》中的表演 |
[03:36] | Learning how to ride so he can worm his way into the upper crust. | 为了步入上流社会而学习如何骑马 |
[03:39] | Somewhere there’s a pregnant girl floating in a lake. | 而为他怀孕的女孩正漂流在某处湖面上 |
[03:42] | I’m from the south. There are such people. | 我从南方来 那里确有这种人 |
[03:49] | I think he needs a different horse. | 我觉得他应该换匹马 |
[03:51] | He’s on the worst one we have. | 他骑的是我们这最差的一匹 |
[03:53] | I apologize. | 我向您道歉 |
[03:55] | I knew it would be a challenge, or I would have done it myself. | 我知道这是个挑战 要不我就自己来了 |
[03:57] | Thank you, Gertie. | 谢谢 格蒂 |
[04:00] | You have to admit… he is handsome. | 你得承认 他确实很帅 |
[04:03] | He’s got that going for him. | 他确实浑身都散发着魅力 |
[04:06] | Shall we? | 我们走吧 |
[04:09] | I have to get my purse. | 我得去拿我的包 |
[04:10] | No. You’re not going anywhere. | 不 哪也别去先 |
[04:12] | We have to meet her. | 我们得会会她 |
[04:14] | Mrs. Draper, Mrs. Carson. | 德雷柏夫人 卡森夫人 |
[04:16] | This is Tara Montague, my fiancée. | 这位是塔拉·曼特裘 我的未婚妻 |
[04:18] | Sarah Beth Carson. | 莎拉·贝丝·卡森 |
[04:20] | Betty Draper. | 贝蒂·德雷柏 |
[04:21] | You must be the ladies he rides with. | 你们一定就是和他一起骑马的女士 |
[04:23] | We’re among them. | 我们只是其中两位而已 |
[04:25] | Artie, are you the rooster around here? | 阿蒂 看来你在这里很受女性的欢迎啊 |
[04:28] | I think they make fun of me. | 她们在取笑我而已 |
[04:30] | We don’t. That would be cruel. | 我们可没有 那太残忍了 |
[04:34] | Well, I’ve done plenty of things for him. | 我为他做了很多事 |
[04:37] | And I’d love to continue doing so. | 并且我也愿意继续保持下去 |
[04:41] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴与你们相会 |
[04:46] | She’s pretty. | 她很漂亮 |
[04:48] | Very pretty. | 非常漂亮 |
[04:49] | Prettier than I expected. | 比我想象的更漂亮 |
[04:51] | I think she’s about right. | 我觉得她挺适合他 |
[04:55] | I spend too much time here. | 我花了太多时间在这 |
[04:57] | I actually dreamt about him. | 我居然梦到过他 |
[04:59] | I think it was him, | 我觉得那就是他 |
[05:01] | Or a version of him that could ride. | 抑或一个会骑马的他 |
[05:03] | I’ll see you saturday. | 周六见 |
[05:05] | No. You’ll have him to yourself on saturday. | 不 周六你一个人和他骑吧 |
[05:07] | Becky has a dance recital. | 贝奇有个舞蹈表演会 |
[05:10] | It’s so horrible to put girls that fat in a leotard. | 把个胖丫头装进舞蹈紧身衣里真不容易 |
[05:12] | Stop. She’ll outgrow it. | 别说了 她会变瘦的 |
[05:15] | She did. | 没错 |
[05:25] | Happy thursday, Mr. Crane. | 周四快乐 克雷恩先生 |
[05:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:28] | You’ve never opened one of these, have you? | 你没私自拆开过这些信件吧 |
[05:36] | Hey, Todd. | 嘿 陶德 |
[05:40] | Yes, Mr. Crane? | 什么事 克雷恩先生 |
[05:41] | Nothing. Get the door, will you? | 没事 能帮我把门关上吗 |
[06:26] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[06:47] | You in the middle of something? | 你正在忙什么事吗 |
[06:54] | We’re going to the oyster bar. | 我们要去”沉默者酒吧”吃东西 |
[06:56] | Yeah. I’m not hungry. | 我还不太饿 |
[07:12] | Hello. | 喂 |
[07:13] | Good. You are home. | 太好了 你在家呢 |
[07:14] | Never got any better. | 不能再好了 |
[07:16] | I almost threw up waiting for our elevator | 我等电梯的时候差点吐了 |
[07:17] | And then just came back and got undressed. | 现在刚刚回来换了衣服 |
[07:20] | Sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[07:21] | But aren’t you sweet to call and check up on me. | 你还真是体贴来电话问候我 |
[07:26] | Harry? | 哈里 |
[07:29] | Harry? | 哈里 |
[07:30] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[07:32] | You told me you wanted me to tell you if I was upset. | 你说过如果我有什么不安 可以和你倾诉 |
[07:34] | What did I do? | 我做错什么了吗 |
[07:36] | Oh, no, honey. | 没有 亲爱的 |
[07:38] | No, it’s nothing. | 不 没事 |
[07:39] | You do sound upset. | 你的声音听起来很不安 |
[07:40] | Something is wrong. | 肯定出什么事了 |
[07:41] | Harry, do I want to hear this? | 哈里 告诉我好吗 |
[07:43] | Would you stop? Let me talk? | 你能先停下来让我说话吗 |
[07:45] | Okay. Were you fired? | 好的 你被解雇了 |
[07:49] | I accidentally opened Ken Cosgrove’s paycheck. | 我无意间拆开了肯·科斯格罗夫的工资单 |
[07:52] | So? | 怎么了 |
[07:53] | What’s he gonna care? | 他很介意吗 |
[07:55] | Tampering with the U.S. Mail? | 因为你擅动美国私人信件 |
[07:56] | He makes 300 a week. | 他一周赚300美金 |
[07:58] | What? That mannequin makes $300 a week? | 什么 那摆设一周能赚300美金 |
[08:02] | He’s not married. | 他还没有结婚呢 |
[08:03] | We have one on the way. | 我们都快有孩子了 |
[08:04] | I hate this place. | 我讨厌这家公司 |
[08:06] | I should quit. | 我应该辞职了 |
[08:08] | That’s your response? | 这就是你应对的方法吗 |
[08:09] | The hours you work? | 你付出了那么多 |
[08:11] | Forget about Kenny. | 别再想肯尼了 |
[08:12] | If they have that much money to spend, | 如果他们有那么多钱 |
[08:14] | They should spend it on you. | 他们应该支付更多的给你 |
[08:15] | You’re making that place. | 你对那个公司至关重要 |
[08:16] | I don’t know about that. | 我可不确定 |
[08:19] | What are you worth? | 那你的价值在哪呢 |
[08:21] | You go in there and ask for it. | 你得去问问他们 |
[08:23] | Demand it. | 要求加薪 |
[08:25] | Be polite, but think about what you’re worth to them. | 心平气和的 但想想你对他们的价值 |
[08:28] | No. No, I can’t do that. | 不 不行 我不能那样做 |
[08:31] | I didn’t know this was about you feeling sorry for yourself. | 我并不觉得这会让你看上去一副可怜相 |
[08:34] | I’m hanging up. | 我要挂了 |
[08:36] | Do you know where I can get a number 10 envelope | 你知道我从哪能找到10号信封吗 |
[08:38] | With a windowpane and a green stripe on the side? | 就是边上有绿色条纹并带窗格的那种 |
[08:40] | No. | 不知道 |
[08:43] | I need to lay down. | 我要躺一会儿 |
[08:45] | Yeah. Right. | 好的 |
[08:46] | Well, feel better. | 好好休息 |
[09:36] | Do you have a number 10 envelope with a windowpane? | 你有那种带窗格的10号信封吗 |
[09:38] | No. Why? | 没有 干嘛 |
[09:40] | Can you make one? | 你能做一个吗 |
[09:42] | No. Why? | 不能 干嘛 |
[09:49] | Can you fix this one? | 你能修复一下这个吗 |
[09:50] | Make it so it can look unopened? | 让它看起来从未被拆开过 |
[09:52] | You need a fake passport, too? | 你是不是还要本假护照 |
[09:53] | I got Ken Cosgrove’s paycheck by mistake. | 我不小心拿到了肯·科斯格罗夫的工资单 |
[09:57] | I opened it. | 我拆开了 |
[09:58] | How did that happen? | 怎么会发生这样的事情 |
[10:00] | A mistake. | 我搞错了 |
[10:01] | Well, just throw it away. | 那直接丢掉算了 |
[10:04] | He’ll ask for it by the end of the day, | 他会在下班时候要工资单的 |
[10:06] | And they’ll cut him a new one. | 他们会弄一个新的给他 |
[10:07] | Don’t throw it away here, though. | 但别丢在这 |
[10:09] | People go through the trash. | 有人会检查垃圾的 |
[10:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:11] | Are you upset about getting caught? | 你在担心会被捉到吗 |
[10:16] | Or are you upset about what you saw? | 还是为你所看到的心烦呢 |
[10:18] | I don’t know if this would mean much to you. | 我不知道这是否也会同样困扰你 |
[10:21] | It’s 300 a week before taxes. | 他每周税前赚300美金 |
[10:29] | We’re married. | 我们是已婚人士 |
[10:30] | I have a baby due in august. | 而且我8月份就要有孩子了 |
[10:33] | You know what Jennifer said? | 你知道詹妮弗怎么说吗 |
[10:34] | She thinks that I should just go in and demand a raise. | 她觉得我应该直接去要求加薪 |
[10:37] | You told your wife about this? | 你把这事告诉你妻子了 |
[10:40] | I know. I do that. I keep doing it. | 是的 我告诉她了 我一直都习惯 |
[10:42] | – I didn’t know what to do. – There’s nothing you can do. | -我不知道该怎么做 -你什么也做不了 |
[10:44] | That’s why you don’t tell your wife. | 正因如此你才不该告诉你妻子 |
[10:47] | Wish you hadn’t told me. | 我真希望你也没和我说过 |
[10:49] | I think she’s right. | 我觉得她是对的 |
[10:50] | But isn’t media a meritocracy? | 媒体行业贯彻的不是精英管理制度吗 |
[10:53] | You think that? | 你这样认为吗 |
[10:55] | What’s that supposed to mean, anyway? | 不过 这话到底是什么意思 |
[10:56] | I have plenty of merit. | 我也才华满腹啊 |
[10:57] | Merit defined within reason. | 满腹的才华只有配上冷静的大脑才有价值 |
[11:00] | As in this place can’t run without you? | 这家公司没有你就不能运作了吗 |
[11:04] | Well, how the hell do I do that? | 好吧 那我到底该怎么做 |
[11:07] | Then you’re worth every penny they’re paying you. | 你也就值他们付给你的那份薪水 |
[11:11] | Thanks, Sal. | 谢谢你 萨尔 |
[11:17] | Mr. Draper, Mr. Sterling and Ben Cosgrove are here to see you. | 德雷柏先生 斯特林和本·科斯格罗夫要见您 |
[11:22] | Ken. | 是肯·科斯格罗夫 |
[11:23] | Bad news. | 坏消息 |
[11:24] | So bad I don’t feel like telling you. | 太糟了 我都不想告诉你 |
[11:26] | Cosgrove. | 科斯格罗夫 你说 |
[11:28] | We were shooting Jimmy Barrett for utz, and… | 我们正在请吉米·巴雷特为优滋拍广告 |
[11:31] | Don’t pussyfoot around. Just tell him. | 别吞吞吐吐的 赶紧告诉他 |
[11:33] | I’m trying to tell him. | 我正要讲呢 |
[11:35] | – Give me a cigarette. – Yes, sir. | -给我来支烟 -好的 先生 |
[11:37] | Why don’t you get your own? | 你为什么不抽自己的 |
[11:38] | We have a whole storeroom full of luckys. | 我们有整整一库房的幸福时光香烟 |
[11:40] | Because I don’t smoke. | 因为我不抽烟 |
[11:42] | Mr. And Mrs. Schilling made a surprise visit to the set, | 希尔林夫妇突访片场 |
[11:45] | And they got the full Jimmy Barrett treatment. | 他们受到吉米·巴雷特的”特别欢迎” |
[11:47] | Mr. Rumsen’s coming in. | 兰姆森先生要进来了 |
[11:49] | I don’t care that you drink, Freddie, | 我并不介意你喝酒 弗雷迪 |
[11:51] | But it’s interfering with your job. | 但现在这已经影响到你的工作了 |
[11:53] | Only an idiot would put Jimmy Barrett in a room with her. | 只有蠢货才会让吉米·巴雷特与她共处一室 |
[11:55] | No visits. | 谢绝来访 |
[11:57] | How bad was it? | 到底有多糟糕 |
[11:59] | He called her the hindenburg. | 他管她叫兴登堡飞艇 |
[12:01] | And he said something about the whale in pinocchio. | 他还说了木偶奇遇记里鲸鱼的故事 |
[12:09] | Did you laugh in front of the Schillings? | 你们在希尔林夫妇面前也笑了吗 |
[12:11] | Of course not. I was mortified. | 当然没有 我忍住了 |
[12:13] | You know, my mother’s heavyset. | 你知道 我妈妈也是”重量级人物” |
[12:14] | I stopped it right away. | 我及时地止住了笑 |
[12:15] | So what we’re dealing with here is | 那么我们来这是要说什么 |
[12:17] | You failed to control Jimmy Barrett, | 你没有控制住吉米·巴雷特 |
[12:18] | And you failed to control Mr. And Mrs. Utz, | 而你没控制好优滋老总夫妇 |
[12:20] | So maybe both of you aren’t suited for these tasks. | 由此看来你们俩似乎都无法胜任这项任务 |
[12:23] | – Mr. Phillips is here. – Perfect. | -菲利浦先生来了 -太好了 |
[12:28] | Utz is gonna lose Jimmy, and we’re going to lose utz. | 优滋要弃用吉米 而我们要失去优滋了 |
[12:31] | Oh, god. I miss the ’50s. | 天呢 我真怀念50年代 |
[12:33] | Has anyone tried to save this yet | 没人试图挽救这个局面吗 |
[12:34] | Besides leopold and loeb over here? | 除了这的李奥波德与勒伯[美国著名合谋罪犯] |
[12:36] | Can’t get the Schillings on the phone. | 希尔林夫妇不接电话 |
[12:38] | Someone needs to talk to Jimmy. | 得有人和吉米谈谈 |
[12:39] | Well, I’m sure he’ll feel real bad | 我确信他今晚会觉得后悔 |
[12:41] | About it tonight and give her a call. | 并给她电话道歉的 |
[12:43] | Don, can you work him over? | 唐 你能和他谈谈吗 |
[12:45] | Jimmy Barrett is a known quantity. | 吉米·巴雷特的脾气你们又不是不知道 |
[12:47] | Don’s going to fix it. | 唐会挽救局面的 |
[12:49] | He knows what that nut means to utz | 他明白那个蠢货对优滋的意义 |
[12:50] | and what utz means to us. | 以及优滋对我们的意义 |
[12:51] | Fix what, exactly? | 确切地说 挽救什么 |
[12:53] | Fix this mess that was made because Freddie got him drunk. | 挽救弗雷迪灌醉那家伙之后惹出来的麻烦 |
[12:55] | Come on. Cosgrove should have told me they were here. | 拜托 科斯格罗夫应该早通知我他们要来 |
[12:58] | I would have never let her near that set. | 我决不会让她去片场的 |
[13:00] | I did. I told Lois. | 我说了 我告诉露易丝了 |
[13:02] | I took them by here, but you were out. | 我带他们来这了 但是你不在 |
[13:11] | I’m going to talk to the Schillings, | 我会去和希尔林夫妇谈谈的 |
[13:12] | Then I’m going to explain the facts of life to Jimmy. | 然后我去和吉米聊聊现实的残酷 |
[13:16] | That’ll work. | 那会奏效的 |
[13:17] | A guy like that must know how to make a charming apology, | 他那样的人应该学学如何诚恳地道歉 |
[13:19] | Or he’d be dead. | 否则他就死定了 |
[13:28] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[13:30] | At the printer’s. | 我去印刷厂了 |
[13:33] | You should tell your girl that. | 你应该告诉你的秘书一声 |
[13:39] | Lois. | 露易丝 |
[13:44] | Close the door. | 关上门 |
[13:49] | Sit down. | 请坐 |
[13:51] | No. Stand. | 不 还是站着吧 |
[13:53] | I’d like to find a way not to be cruel, | 我很想找一种不那么残忍的方式 |
[13:56] | But I don’t think it’d be serving either one of us. | 但我觉得那样对我们可能不会有什么效果 |
[13:59] | Are you firing me? | 你要解雇我吗 |
[14:02] | Oh, no. | 天啊不要啊 |
[14:04] | It’s nice to see that you care about something. | 很高兴看到你在意这份工作 |
[14:07] | Are you trying to think of what you can possibly say | 你不想说些什么 |
[14:09] | To make up for what’s happened here? | 弥补一下今天发生的事情吗 |
[14:10] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[14:15] | I think you’re not suited for this job. | 我觉得你不适合这工作 |
[14:18] | What did I do? | 我做错什么了 |
[14:19] | In addition to being incompetent, | 除了无法胜任这份工作之外 |
[14:21] | You threatened my reputation, and not just today. | 你还威胁到了我的声誉 不止是今天 |
[14:23] | Mr. Draper, I try to cover for you all the time. | 德雷柏先生 我一直在尽力维护您 |
[14:26] | You do not cover for me. | 你没有维护我 |
[14:29] | You manage people’s expectations. | 你不能辜负人们对你的期望 |
[14:32] | Can you be more specific? | 您能说得更具体点吗 |
[14:34] | You really want that? | 你真的想知道吗 |
[14:35] | No, I guess not. | 不 还是不用了 |
[14:38] | You’re not suited for this job. | 你不适合这工作 |
[14:40] | It’s not an insult. It’s just the way it is. | 没有贬低你的意思 只是就事论事 |
[14:47] | Stick to the switchboard. | 还是去做你的电话接线员吧 |
[14:49] | Please tell miss Holloway on your way out. | 出去时请转告下霍洛威小姐 |
[14:52] | Yes, Mr. Draper. | 是的 德雷柏先生 |
[15:03] | Is there something due tomorrow I don’t know about? | 是不是还有些工作明天就是截止日期了 |
[15:05] | No. | 没有 |
[15:12] | Already finding ways not to go home, are we? | 已经想好了不回家的理由了 是吧 |
[15:22] | Edgar Fladen, CBS, please. | 请接哥伦比亚广播公司的艾德加·弗兰登 |
[15:26] | – Hello. – Flatty. | -你好 -弗兰迪 |
[15:28] | Harry Crane. How are you? | 哈里.克雷恩 你怎么样 |
[15:29] | Still at work, same as you. | 还在工作 和你一样 |
[15:31] | How you like it over there? | 你觉得你那怎么样 |
[15:33] | Did Sterling coo lose some of its drunken luster? | 斯特林失掉他醉人的魅力了吗 |
[15:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:38] | I was thinking maybe I have to move out to move up. | 我只是觉得我应该另谋高就了 |
[15:40] | Well, forget about here. They’re picking us off. | 哦 别指望我这了 他们正在裁员 |
[15:43] | I’m one gone paleface. | 我都自身难保了 |
[15:44] | Well, thought I’d ask. | 好吧 我就是问问 |
[15:46] | Keep your ear to the ground for me, will you? | 帮我留意点好吗 |
[15:48] | – It doesn’t have to be there. – Hey, how about some concern? | -也不是非在你们那 -也关心我一下吧 |
[15:51] | I just lost Lever brothers and Kimberly Clark | 我刚失去了利华兄弟和金佰利公司 |
[15:53] | From one of my biggest shows. | 对我一个最受欢迎的节目的赞助 |
[15:54] | We’re lousy with sponsors over here. What do you need? | 我们和赞助商的关系很糟 你需要什么 |
[15:56] | Don’t get excited. | 先别急 |
[15:58] | Sponsors drop out for a reason. | 赞助商撤出肯定是有原因的 |
[16:00] | Not always. | 也不一定 |
[16:01] | Okay. Try this on. | 那好 听听这个 |
[16:04] | The defenders. Top 20 show. | 《辩护人》 排名前20的节目 |
[16:06] | E.G. Marshall, Bob Reed. | 马歇尔和鲍勃·里德出演 |
[16:07] | Lawyers, but, you know, they really care. | 他们是律师 但他们真的关心那些案例 |
[16:09] | So the writers turn in this script about a cannibal. | 所以编剧写了一个关于食人者的脚本 |
[16:12] | A cannibal lawyer? | 一个食人魔律师 |
[16:16] | The director eats up all this time refusing to do it, | 可导演说什么也不拍 |
[16:19] | Like his resume? Isn’t filled with crap, | 其实这个导演也不是很出众 |
[16:21] | And surprise, the writers have only one other script ready… | 令人惊讶的是这个编剧还只剩一个脚本 |
[16:24] | Something we threw away last year | 那是个去年被我们砍掉的本子 |
[16:27] | Because they used the word “abortion” 30 times in 51 minutes. | 因为他们在51分钟里用了30次”堕胎” |
[16:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:34] | Because they show one, opening scene. | 因为他们在开机仪式上秀了一下 |
[16:37] | Exactly. | 就是那样 |
[16:39] | The whole thing was a ploy to get us to shoot it. | 整件事情根本就是逼我们开拍的诡计 |
[16:41] | They think they’re so clever. | 他们觉得自己很聪明 |
[16:43] | I tell you, I miss the blacklist. | 说实话 我怀念黑名单运动 |
[16:46] | Send it over. I want to see it. | 发过来 我想看看 |
[16:48] | I’m sure. | 我确信 |
[16:49] | It’s going on the air, sponsor or no. | 这节目无论有否赞助商都要播出 |
[16:50] | I’ll watch it with you in the bar where I’ll be working. | 等我以后到酒吧打工我们可以同看那节目 |
[16:53] | Send it over. Let me see what I can do. | 发过来吧 看看我能做些什么 |
[16:55] | All right. | 好的 |
[17:01] | Miss Holloway, good morning. | 早上好 霍洛威小姐 |
[17:03] | I will be taking care of you while | 在我们为您物色到合适的新秘书之前 |
[17:05] | we search for a suitable candidate. | 将由我来协助您的工作 |
[17:06] | I am really sorry about that. | 我真的非常抱歉 |
[17:08] | Did she leave everything in a condition you can follow? | 她离开时都跟你交接清楚了吗 |
[17:10] | Perhaps if you were involved in the selection. | 你对招募新秘书有什么要求吗 |
[17:14] | What can I tell? | 我能说什么 |
[17:15] | I’ll just continue looking for another Miss Olson. | 那我就再找一个像奥尔森小姐那样的了 |
[17:18] | No. I want someone who’ll be happy with that job. | 不 我想要个真正喜欢这份工作的人 |
[17:20] | Well, for the time being, that’s me. | 好吧 眼下只有我是最合适的人选了 |
[17:23] | How about a cup of coffee? | 来杯咖啡如何 |
[17:25] | I think I remember how you take it. | 我还记得您的口味 |
[17:26] | Sure. | 好的 |
[17:29] | Is Jimmy Barrett shooting today? | 吉米·巴雷特今天来拍摄吗 |
[17:30] | Yes. At eue. | 是的 在Eue |
[17:33] | What time do they start? | 他们什么时候开拍 |
[17:35] | They were supposed to start this morning, | 他们原定在上午开拍 |
[17:36] | But Mr. Barrett’s been showing up around 4. | 但巴雷特先生要在下午4点才能来 |
[17:38] | Wake me at 3:30. | 3点半叫醒我 |
[17:40] | We’ll start with your correspondence. | 那我们先处理您的信件吧 |
[17:45] | Did you go to that office | 你去那间办公室 |
[17:47] | For the purpose of obtaining an illegal operation? | 是为了接受一次非法的手术吗 |
[17:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:51] | Were you pregnant? | 你怀孕了 |
[17:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:55] | Then you went to Dr. Montgomery for an abortion. | 那么你让蒙哥马利医生为你堕胎 |
[17:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:59] | Was the abortion performed? | 手术进行了吗 |
[18:01] | Just a moment. | 等一下 |
[18:02] | Mr. Preston, aren’t you going to object? | 普雷斯顿先生 你有异议吗 |
[18:05] | The witness is not a qualified medical expert. | 证人并不具备专业医疗资格 |
[18:07] | The defense is willing to concede | 辩护人想要论证 |
[18:09] | That an operation was performed on Miss Stafford, | 在斯坦福小姐身上进行的手术 |
[18:11] | Which resulted in the termination of a pregnancy. | 最终导致其妊娠终止 |
[18:13] | Very well. You may proceed. | 很好 你可以继续 |
[18:22] | Come here a lot, do you? | 你经常来这吗 |
[18:24] | Not if everything’s running smoothly. | 不顺心的时候才会来 |
[18:26] | So buy me a drink. | 那么请我喝一杯吧 |
[18:28] | I think there’s been plenty of drinking here. | 这儿的酒不是多的很吗 |
[18:30] | Jimmy around? | 吉米在吗 |
[18:32] | He left early. Rehearsal at the Copa. | 他提前走了 在卡帕酒店有个预演 |
[18:35] | Forgot this. | 忘了这个 |
[18:36] | Isn’t that our tuxedo? | 那不是我们的晚礼服吗 |
[18:38] | He likes it better. | 他更喜欢这个 |
[18:40] | Great. So let’s go talk to him. | 很好 我们去和他谈谈 |
[18:43] | There’s no reason for that. | 没必要 |
[18:45] | Talk to his manager. | 和他的经纪人谈就行了 |
[18:48] | How can I help you? | 需要我做什么 |
[18:51] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[18:53] | In the pitch, you were introduced as his wife. | 在见面会上介绍说你是他的妻子 |
[18:55] | Would you prefer I pretend to be his sister, | 或者你更愿意我像以前那样 |
[18:57] | Like I did in the old days? | 假扮他的姐姐 |
[18:58] | Wife, manager, | 不管是作为妻子还是经纪人 |
[19:01] | someone should have kept a lid on him yesterday. | 昨天你都应该控制他一下 |
[19:02] | I’ve seen the man sober. He’s not funny. | 我见过他清醒时候的样子 一点都不好笑 |
[19:05] | – Mrs. Barrett… – Bobbie. | -巴雷特夫人 -叫我芭比 |
[19:08] | He can come in here with vomit in his pockets for all I care, | 我并不在意他喝得醉醺醺的来这里 |
[19:11] | But these people are his benefactors. | 但这些人是他的赞助商 |
[19:13] | Like the medicis of florence, | 就像文艺复兴时佛罗伦斯的麦迪奇家族 |
[19:17] | They’re patrons of his art. | 他们是他艺术上的赞助者 |
[19:18] | Mr. And mrs. Utz. | 就是那对优滋夫妇吗 |
[19:22] | I want you to imagine something that Jimmy obviously can’t. | 我希望你可以站在比吉米更高的角度看问题 |
[19:26] | The Schillings were very excited to see their favorite comedian. | 希尔林夫妇看到他们喜爱的喜剧演员很兴奋 |
[19:30] | Then they know that being picked on | 那么他们会明白被吉米·巴雷特奚落 |
[19:31] | By Jimmy Barrett is a compliment. | 其实是一种荣幸 |
[19:33] | No one was laughing. | 当时可没有人笑 |
[19:35] | That’s not what I heard. | 我听说的可不是这样 |
[19:38] | I’ll tell you what. | 我来告诉你吧 |
[19:39] | They’re in the big city for the weekend. | 他们来大城市度周末 |
[19:41] | Why don’t they just go out and buy a thicker skin? | 为何不出去买张厚点的脸皮呢 |
[19:47] | You are aware that all of this can go away. | 你意识到很多东西都将一去无回了吗 |
[19:52] | No more free tuxedos? | 再也没有免费的晚礼服 |
[19:54] | We have a contract. | 我们是有合同约定的 |
[19:57] | Tell Jimmy I need to talk to him. | 告诉吉米我要和他谈谈 |
[19:59] | You? | 你吗 |
[20:02] | Jimmy doesn’t have a lot of patience for business | 吉米对生意或是生意人 |
[20:04] | Or for businessmen. | 都没有什么耐心 |
[20:06] | In fact, I’m pretty sure he already hates you. | 实际上 我很确信他已经开始讨厌你了 |
[20:09] | Really? | 是吗 |
[20:11] | Some glib AD man in that suit, | 一个浮夸的广告人西装革履 |
[20:15] | Cigarette perfectly in hand, not a hair out of place, | 油头粉面 优雅的拿着香烟 |
[20:18] | Here to tell him he’s been a bad boy? | 却忽然跑去告诉他他是个坏孩子 |
[20:20] | Well, he has been. | 说实话 他确实是 |
[20:23] | So what do you suggest I do? | 那么你觉得我该怎么做呢 |
[20:27] | Well… | 很简单 |
[20:29] | He has to know that you’re a fan | 他必须知道你是他的粉丝 |
[20:31] | And that he knows more than you | 而且他懂得比你多 |
[20:35] | And that he’s got a shot with your wife. | 还有他能轻易得到你的妻子 |
[20:36] | Girlfriend? Both? | 或者女友 或者两个都拿下 |
[20:39] | Wife. | 妻子 |
[20:42] | So who’s gonna have a talk with him, you or me? | 那么谁去和他谈谈 你还是我 |
[20:44] | Neither of us. | 我们都不去 |
[20:46] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[20:49] | Let me drive you over. | 我开车送你过去吧 |
[20:52] | Give up, will you? | 别费心思了 好吗 |
[20:55] | It’s raining. | 下雨了 |
[21:31] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[21:33] | Hail. | 冰雹 |
[21:47] | – Babbie – Don’t | -芭比 -不要制止我 |
[21:52] | I don’t want to do this. | 我不想这样 |
[21:58] | Doesn’t feel that way. | 你真的不想吗 |
[22:13] | Hi, daddy. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[22:14] | Hi, daddy. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[22:16] | Hey, you. | 你们好 |
[22:18] | How was work? | 工作怎么样 |
[22:20] | Fine. | 还行 |
[22:25] | Can I ask daddy? | 我能问问爸爸吗 |
[22:27] | What do you want? | 你想来点什么 |
[22:34] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[22:36] | You can ask him, but he’s not gonna disagree with me. | 你可以问他 但他肯定和我意见一致 |
[22:40] | Ask me what? | 问我什么 |
[22:43] | Can we go riding with mommy on saturday? | 周六我们能和妈妈一起去骑马吗 |
[22:49] | No. | 不行 |
[22:52] | There are just gonna be mommies there. | 只有妈妈能去那儿 |
[22:54] | I’ll need you to watch them. | 我需要你照看他们 |
[22:56] | – it’s a couple of hours. – okay. | -就几个小时 -好的 |
[22:59] | But she promised. | 但她许诺过的 |
[23:00] | “she”? | 她 |
[23:03] | Not this saturday. It didn’t work out. | 这周六不行 没办法 |
[23:08] | You can ride me around the den. | 你可以骑着我在家里转 |
[23:11] | I picked up your watch. Good as new. | 我取来了你的手表 像新的一样 |
[23:17] | Open it. | 打开吧 |
[23:20] | I got it monogrammed. | 我刻上了你的名字 |
[23:27] | Wow, bets. | 亲爱的 |
[23:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:18] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[24:20] | I think she’s out of gas. | 我觉得她饿了 |
[24:22] | Thought I’d fill her up. | 我得喂饱她 |
[24:23] | They feed them in the barn. | 他们在谷仓里已经喂过了 |
[24:26] | You’re ruining that horse for whoever has her next. | 对下一个骑手来说你无异于毁了她 |
[24:28] | I want it on record. | 我得声明一下 |
[24:29] | She was ruined when I got to her. | 当我得到她时她已经被毁了 |
[24:32] | Just pull up on the reins. Straighten her out. | 拉紧缰绳 让她起来 |
[24:35] | You can’t let her do that. | 你不能让她这样吃下去 |
[24:37] | You don’t for a minute think you might be hurting her? | 你不觉的这样会伤到她吗 |
[24:40] | She needs to be told what to do. Don’t be afraid. | 畜生就是要严厉管教才会懂规矩 别害怕 |
[24:43] | I’m not afraid, but I am curious why I’m riding Nehi | 我并不害怕 我只是奇怪为何我骑的是尼哈 |
[24:47] | And you’ve got Copenhagen. | 而你骑的却是哥本哈根 |
[24:49] | Some horses have better names. | 一些马有更好听的名字 |
[24:53] | Where’s your girl friend, Mrs. Carson? | 你的女朋友 卡森夫人呢 |
[24:54] | Her daughter has a ballet recital. | 她女儿有个芭蕾舞表演 |
[24:58] | I’m really not afraid, you know? | 你知道吗 我真的不害怕 |
[25:00] | I’ve just always been more comfortable with animals | 只不过一直以来我更加习惯于 |
[25:02] | When they were on the other end of my rifle. | 用来福枪瞄准它们 |
[25:04] | That’s a terrible attitude. | 真是种可怕的心态 |
[25:06] | It is, and I’ve tried to explain it to Tara, | 是呀 我一直试着向塔拉解释 |
[25:09] | But she won’t listen. | 可她听不进去 |
[25:10] | All the men in her family ride like this. | 她家族里所有男人都像这样骑马 |
[25:14] | They also don’t work, so maybe I’m wrong about it. | 他们也不工作 也许是我搞错了 |
[25:17] | I should go warm him up. | 我该让它热热身了 |
[25:20] | Tally-ho. | 好运 |
[25:33] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快回来 |
[26:07] | Hello. | 喂 |
[26:10] | Hello. It’s Don Draper. | 你好 我是唐·德雷柏 |
[26:11] | Can you talk? | 方便说话吗 |
[26:13] | I’m glad you called. | 很高兴你能打来电话 |
[26:16] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[26:18] | Weren’t you afraid you’d get Jimmy? | 不怕是吉米接电话吗 |
[26:20] | No. I wanted to invite you both to dinner. | 不 我想请你们俩吃晚饭 |
[26:22] | Monday night. | 周一晚上 |
[26:24] | A command performance. | 看来这是强制性的了 |
[26:27] | I was thinking Lutce. | 暂定于路塔斯餐厅[古称巴黎中心区] |
[26:28] | It will be formal. Can you get him there? | 一次正式的晚宴 你能带他来吗 |
[26:31] | I told you. He does whatever I say. | 我告诉过你 无论我说什么他都会照做 |
[26:34] | Keep it small. | 规模别太大了 |
[26:35] | My wife, the Schillings, you. | 我妻子 希尔林夫妇 还有你 |
[26:38] | Okay. If that’s what you want. | 好的 就如你所愿好了 |
[26:44] | What do you want? | 那你想怎样呢 |
[26:48] | So… | 那么 |
[26:51] | It’s that kind of phone call, is it? | 你打来电话就是要说这事 不是吗 |
[26:54] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[26:57] | In my home. | 在我家 |
[26:59] | With my children. | 和我的孩子们在一起 |
[27:01] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[27:04] | I like being bad and then going home and being good. | 我喜欢那种在外风流 回家本分的人 |
[27:10] | I’ll see you monday. | 周一见 |
[27:12] | Have a wonderful weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[27:42] | Did you have a nice ride? | 今天骑得怎么样 |
[27:45] | Don’t smoke in here. They hate it. | 别在这抽烟 它们讨厌烟味儿 |
[27:47] | I don’t know. | 恕我无知 |
[27:49] | Place burns down, I could give this up. | 要是这地方烧着了 我就不用骑马了 |
[27:52] | I assume you’re trying to be funny, | 我猜你是说笑吧 |
[27:53] | but most of the people who ride… | 大多来这骑马的人 |
[27:55] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[27:56] | Mrs. Draper, I’m so sorry. That’s not what I meant. | 德雷柏夫人 很抱歉 我不是那个意思 |
[27:59] | Just because you don’t know what you’re doing | 尽管你不知道自己在做什么 |
[28:01] | Doesn’t mean the rest of us are silly. | 但那并不意味着别人都是傻子 |
[28:04] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[28:07] | Girls and their horses. | 向女孩们以及她们的马 |
[28:10] | I can’t figure you out. | 我真搞不懂你 |
[28:11] | Why would you want to do that? | 你为什么想要搞懂我 |
[28:14] | When Tara came to visit, I could tell she was jealous. | 上次塔拉来马场时 我看得出她很嫉妒 |
[28:18] | Of your two old lady friends. | 嫉妒你这两个人老珠黄的朋友 |
[28:21] | She certainly seems like a girl who has everything. | 她显然是一个要什么有什么的女孩 |
[28:24] | She does. | 确实 |
[28:25] | When she was at Wellesley, | 当她在韦尔斯大学时 |
[28:26] | She came for a couple of weekends to New Haven. | 她常来纽黑文度周末 |
[28:29] | I remember those. | 我记得那样的日子 |
[28:30] | So exciting. | 多么令人兴奋 |
[28:32] | We got into a kind of pattern where there’d be a warm reunion, | 每次我们会有一场温馨的团聚 |
[28:36] | A football game, and some kind of obscure argument. | 看一场球赛 也会有些情侣间无谓的争吵 |
[28:40] | You know, I would soothe and she would pout. | 而我每次都会抚慰她生气时撅起的嘴 |
[28:44] | You know, Mr. Case, having been married for some time, | 你知道吗 卡森先生 作为一个已婚人士 |
[28:47] | I can tell you your fiancee would be very unhappy | 我得提醒你和陌生人分享这些风月往事 |
[28:49] | With you sharing this with a stranger. | 会让你的未婚妻相当恼火的 |
[28:52] | Arthur. | 我叫亚瑟 |
[28:57] | I don’t know why I brought that up. | 我不知道我为何会提及往事 |
[28:58] | I guess I just remembered going home with her that first time. | 或许是我一下子想起第一次和她回家时 |
[29:02] | Pulling off the Merritt parkway and | 驶入梅里特公园大道 |
[29:04] | hitting this long, private road. | 并沿着那条漫长而僻静的道路前行 |
[29:05] | You know that Scott Fitzgerald story, | 你读过斯科特·菲茨杰拉德的小说 |
[29:07] | “A diamond as big as the ritz”? | “一颗像里茨饭店般大的钻石”吗 |
[29:09] | No. | 没有 |
[29:10] | Her house is a slightly smaller version of my high school. | 她的房子如同我高中学校的缩小版 |
[29:14] | And I realized why she was so happy all the time | 那时我才明白为何她一直都那么快乐 |
[29:17] | And why she was so angry when she didn’t get what she wanted. | 也懂得为何当她欲壑难填时会如此恼火 |
[29:21] | All girls are like that. | 每个女孩都会那样 |
[29:23] | – you aren’t. – you don’t know that. | -你不会 -你不知道罢了 |
[29:27] | You are so beautiful. | 你是如此美丽 |
[29:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:31] | So different than Tara. | 和塔拉如此地不同 |
[29:32] | Tara is very beautiful. You know that. | 塔拉貌若天仙 你知道的 |
[29:35] | She doesn’t need anything. | 她什么都不缺 |
[29:37] | What she does need, anyone can get her. | 她想要的东西 任何人都能给她 |
[29:41] | You’re nervous about getting married. | 你在为结婚而焦虑 |
[29:43] | You’ll see. | 你终会明白 |
[29:45] | You don’t know what she’ll mean to you. | 你并不知道她对你意味着什么 |
[29:48] | But I think about you. | 其实我心里一直在想着你 |
[29:51] | Why would you do that? | 你为何那样 |
[29:54] | Arthur, I like being around you. | 亚瑟 我喜欢和你在一起 |
[29:57] | Don’t say anything to ruin that. | 你最好别说出什么话将这点也毁了 |
[30:05] | You’re so profoundly sad. | 你的哀怨如此深切 |
[30:08] | No. | 不 |
[30:09] | It’s just my people are nordic. | 那只是我们北欧人特有的气质 |
[30:14] | Don’t do that. | 别那样 |
[30:16] | Don’t tell me what to do. | 别告诉我该做什么 |
[30:26] | You’re so profoundly sad. | 你的哀怨如此深刻 |
[30:31] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[30:35] | I’m grateful. | 我对现状充满感激 |
[31:10] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[31:12] | How was it? | 今天骑得怎么样 |
[31:14] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我回来晚了 |
[31:15] | Thank you for watching them. | 谢谢你照看孩子 |
[31:17] | Come in here. | 过来这 |
[31:19] | I should get cleaned up. | 我得去洗洗 |
[31:20] | I don’t care. | 我不介意 |
[31:22] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[31:23] | How do you feel about Lutce Monday night? | 周一晚上去路塔斯餐厅怎么样 |
[31:29] | Lutce? | 路塔斯 |
[31:32] | Pleased, I guess. | 非常乐意 |
[31:34] | And you get to meet Jimmy Barrett. | 到时候你能见到吉米·巴雷特 |
[31:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[31:41] | Business. | 生意 |
[31:43] | Hunt Schilling from Utz potato chips and wives. | 还有优滋薯片公司的亨特·希尔林和几位太太 |
[31:46] | Is this one where I talk or I don’t talk? | 这次我该说话还是保持沉默 |
[31:50] | You need to charm him. | 你得迷住他 |
[31:52] | I need you to be shiny and bright. | 我要你光艳照人的出席 |
[31:54] | I need a better half. | 我需要一个令人羡艳的伴侣 |
[31:55] | Monday night. | 周一晚上 |
[31:57] | You have plans? | 你有其他安排吗 |
[31:58] | I’ll have to find something to wear. | 我得去找找合适的衣服 |
[32:01] | It’s no notice. No notice at all. | 你没事先通知 我根本没有准备 |
[32:03] | Birdie, we’ll go there alone another time. | 亲爱的 我们以后可以另找时间再单独去一次 |
[32:18] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[32:20] | What is it? What’s this got to do with you? | 这是什么 这跟你有什么关系 |
[32:26] | “he helped me,” says Sam. | “他帮助了我” 萨姆说 |
[32:30] | Is this you? | 这是你吗 |
[32:33] | They’re writing this about you? | 他们写的这个是关于你的吗 |
[32:35] | Answer me! are you mixed up in this? | 回答我 你搅合进去了吗 |
[32:37] | – answer me! – Mr. Mason. | -回答我 -梅森先生 |
[32:39] | You keep out of this! | 这儿没你事 |
[32:42] | Sandra Mason. | 桑德拉·梅森 |
[32:44] | I was reading about this. | 我想要说 |
[32:46] | I was thanking god that my daughter | 我要感谢上帝 我的女儿 |
[32:48] | Wasn’t the kind of a girl that was… | 她不是那种 |
[32:50] | Would be mixed up in anything ugly like this. | 会卷入这种丑恶事件的孩子 |
[32:53] | Please, daddy, don’t. | 爸爸 别这样 |
[32:55] | I was even feeling sorry for the parents | 我也为这事件里女孩们的父母 |
[32:57] | Of the girls who were involved. | 深感抱歉 |
[32:59] | – please. Please. – please? | -别这样 求你了 -求我 |
[33:01] | 18 years old! | 你才18岁 |
[33:03] | You have to have an illegitimate child | 就让那些可耻的医生 |
[33:05] | Taken away from you by some filthy doctor! | 打掉了你的私生子 |
[33:08] | Mr. Mason! | 梅森先生 |
[33:10] | You get out of my house! | 你滚出我的家 |
[33:12] | I do want to see the rest of this, but I get the idea. | 我很想继续看下去 但我已经明白要点了 |
[33:16] | Then behave as though you… | 那你就作出点样子 |
[33:20] | Top 20 show, prime time, for pennies on the dollar. | 前20的节目 黄金时间 物超所值 |
[33:24] | And it’s the perfect match for Belle Jolie lipstick. | 刚好配合贝尔朱莉唇膏广告 |
[33:26] | Really? How does that work? | 是吗 那要怎么做 |
[33:29] | Controversy means viewers. | 争论会吸引观众 |
[33:31] | Women will find a way to watch this. | 女人喜欢看这类节目 |
[33:34] | Maybe just because they don’t want to get left out. | 或许因为她们不想被忽视 |
[33:36] | Is that true? | 是那样吗 |
[33:40] | There’s no doubt in my mind. | 我觉得这是毫无疑问的 |
[33:43] | We can talk to them about putting on a warning. | 我们可以让他们放条警示语上去 |
[33:44] | Research shows rules are made to be broken. | 研究表明规则是用来打破的 |
[33:48] | Thanks, Ken. He has the research. | 谢谢 肯 他调查过 |
[33:50] | This discussion, it’s uncomfortable. | 说实话 这次讨论令人非常不快 |
[33:52] | This show is troubling. | 这个节目让人厌烦 |
[33:54] | It’s catharsis. That’s hard to come by. | 它是一种情绪宣泄 很难得 |
[33:58] | What is better than tears to make a girl | 有什么能比眼泪更容易使女孩相信 |
[34:00] | Ready to hear she can be beautiful? | 她即将变得更漂亮呢 |
[34:02] | I’d love to see a spike. | 我喜欢看针锋相对的争论 |
[34:04] | But what do I do when Hugh Brody asks | 但是如果休·布洛迪问我 |
[34:06] | what the hell this is? | 这是什么玩意儿时我怎么办 |
[34:08] | Belle Jolie is a family company. | 贝尔朱莉是个家族企业 |
[34:10] | This is not wholesome. | 这对公司是无益的 |
[34:12] | There are limits to what you can get out of daytime. | 不在日间节目时段播出会有限制的 |
[34:15] | I don’t want Belle Jolie to be part of this debate. | 我不想贝尔朱莉成为争论的一部分 |
[34:18] | So you think girls who buy lipstick | 你是说唇膏广告的诉求对象 也就是那些女孩 |
[34:20] | Aren’t gonna be interested in this? | 不会对这节目有兴趣吗 |
[34:22] | I don’t care where they stand. So it’s political. | 我不在乎她们的立场 它是个时政的节目 |
[34:25] | Politics are in. Women will be watching. | 时政很流行现在 女人们爱看 |
[34:28] | Young women. | 特别是年轻女孩 |
[34:29] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[34:32] | Well, we thought you should know about it. | 好吧 我们觉得你该了解一下 |
[34:38] | I have to say I’m very impressed you brought this to us. | 我得说你们的东西确实让我印象深刻 |
[34:42] | I wish we were a different kind of company | 如果我们是家别的风格的公司就好了 |
[34:43] | We all work for someone. | 我们都是各为其主 |
[34:48] | It was a pleasure. | 幸会 |
[34:52] | How’s it going? | 最近好吗 |
[34:53] | Very well, thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[35:11] | You said you wanted to see me? | 您说您想见我 |
[35:12] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[35:14] | You’re Harry Crane, right? | 你是哈里·克雷恩吧 |
[35:15] | Yes, I am. | 是我 |
[35:17] | Certain things have come to my attention. | 某些事情引起了我的注意 |
[35:20] | Oh, no. | 哦 不会吧 |
[35:21] | I heard about it third-hand, | 我间接的听说此事 |
[35:22] | and I thought it sounded reckless, | 但我觉得这事很鲁莽 |
[35:24] | So I talked to Mr. Cooper. | 所以我和库珀先生谈了一下 |
[35:25] | Mr. Cooper knows about this? | 库珀先生也知道吗 |
[35:27] | I think someone told on you. | 我想是有人告发了你 |
[35:29] | And it backfired. | 但事与愿违 |
[35:31] | – Mitch. – doesn’t matter. | -是米奇 -那不重要 |
[35:33] | Cooper thought it showed initiative. | 库珀觉得那展现了你的创意 |
[35:35] | So you’re in here now. | 所以我叫你过来 |
[35:37] | I’m smiling. What do you want? | 如今我笑容以对 你不想要些什么吗 |
[35:42] | Well… | 那个 |
[35:44] | I guess, for one thing, | 我想 有一件事 |
[35:46] | I think that we should have a television department. | 我觉得我们应该有个电视部门 |
[35:48] | All the other agencies have them. | 其它公司都有这个部门 |
[35:50] | And I think I should run it. | 并且我觉得我应该负责运作这个部门 |
[35:53] | You’re now the head of the television department, | 你现在被任命为电视部主管 |
[35:55] | Which is comprised solely of you. | 眼下该部门只有你一人 |
[35:56] | Anything else? | 还有别的事情吗 |
[35:59] | Well, actually… | 实际上 |
[36:02] | I think I deserve a raise. | 我觉得应该给我加薪 |
[36:14] | And I think… | 然而我觉得 |
[36:16] | You’ve already received a sizable reward. | 你当前的薪资水准是合适的 |
[36:19] | Let’s not get greedy. | 做人不要太贪心 |
[36:20] | I’m not being greedy. | 我并不贪心 |
[36:21] | Are you arguing with me? | 你要和我争辩吗 |
[36:25] | How much do you make? | 你现在赚多少 |
[36:27] | – $200 a week. – plus drinks. | -周薪200美金 -还有酒水呢 |
[36:32] | Give me a number. | 说说你想要多少 |
[36:35] | How about 310? | 310美金如何 |
[36:37] | No one makes that around here. Not even close. | 没人能赚那么多 根本不靠谱 |
[36:39] | How about two and a quarter? Say yes. | 225美金怎么样 快答应 |
[36:43] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[36:45] | I’ll throw in new business cards. | 我会给你新名片的 |
[36:46] | You drive a hell of a bargain. | 你太会讨价还价了 |
[36:58] | So I finally told them that we really enjoyed visiting, | 最后我告诉他们虽然我们欢迎来访 |
[37:01] | But we’d rather stay in a hotel. | 但我们更希望能待在酒店 |
[37:03] | Made my daughter-in-law happier. | 这倒让我的儿媳妇得了便宜 |
[37:07] | Luckily, we’re a long way from those problems. | 很幸运 我们还没有那样的问题 |
[37:09] | Although, I do love the idea of Bobby and Sally | 尽管我也很愿意鲍比和萨丽可以 |
[37:12] | Having apartments and families. | 有自己的住处并组建家庭 |
[37:15] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[37:18] | Who? | 谁 |
[37:21] | Jimmy Barrett. | 吉米·巴雷特 |
[37:23] | I… | 我 |
[37:26] | No, Hunt. | 亨特 不要 |
[37:28] | I don’t think that would be a good idea. | 我觉得那不是个好主意 |
[37:30] | Edith, please. | 伊蒂丝 求你了 |
[37:32] | He wants to apologize. | 他想给你们道歉 |
[37:37] | Oh, dear. | 哦 我的天 |
[37:39] | Well, he certainly picked a nice place. | 他还特意挑了个好地方 |
[37:44] | Hello, everybody. Sorry we’re late, | 大家晚上好 抱歉我们来晚了 |
[37:46] | But one of us likes to make an entrance. | 因为我们中的一个想要闪亮登场 |
[37:48] | Hello. Bobbie Barrett. | 你好 芭比·巴雷特 |
[37:50] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[37:51] | – We’ve met before. – I remember. | -我们之前见过面 -我记得 |
[37:54] | Mr. Draper. | 德雷柏先生 |
[37:56] | This is my wife Betty. | 这是我妻子贝蒂 |
[37:58] | Betty, this is Bobbie and Jimmy Barrett. | 贝蒂 这是芭比和吉米·巴雷特 |
[38:03] | Oh, my. I am such a fan. | 哦 我可是你的粉丝 |
[38:04] | You know, when you imagine someone saying that to you, | 知道吗 当你梦想听到有人对你说这话时 |
[38:07] | You always hope it’s her. | 你总希望会是她 |
[38:09] | And this one. My god. Are you two sold separately? | 这位 我的天 你们俩可以单独出售吗 |
[38:12] | Look, it’s JFK. | 看 多像肯尼迪 |
[38:13] | And you’re not Jackie, but you’re definitely his type. | 你虽不是杰姬 但你显然是他喜欢的类型 |
[38:16] | I’ve met him. | 我遇到过他 |
[38:17] | Nice to see you again, Jimmy. | 再见你到你很高兴 吉米 |
[38:18] | You remember Hunt and Edith Schilling. | 你还记得希尔林夫妇吧 |
[38:20] | How could I forget? They bought me a car. | 我怎能不记得呢 他们给我买了辆车 |
[38:22] | A pleasure as always. | 幸会 幸会 |
[38:23] | And the little lady. Look at you, all dolled up. | 这位女士 看您打扮得多漂亮 |
[38:30] | So, what do you do, sweetheart? | 那么 你是做什么的 美人 |
[38:32] | I want to know everything. | 我想要了解关于你的一切 |
[38:35] | I’m a housewife. | 我是个家庭主妇 |
[38:36] | I bet little birds hang up your laundry. | 我敢打赌小鸟都会帮你晾衣服 |
[38:38] | And we have a little boy and a little girl. | 我们有一个儿子和一个女儿 |
[38:41] | Is that everything? Or you want to let my imagination run wild? | 这就是全部吗 还是你想让我恣意幻想 |
[38:43] | By the way, I loved you in gentleman’s agreement. | 顺便说一句 我很欣赏你在《君子协定》中的表演 |
[38:46] | Good evening, mesdames et messieurs. | 晚上好 女士先生们 |
[38:48] | The chef has prepared many speciality | 厨师已经备好饭菜 |
[38:52] | Which I will have the pleasure of… | 我很荣幸 |
[38:53] | Just a minute, monsieur le pew. | 等一下 先生 |
[38:54] | Any chance we can get a drink order filled? | 我们能要些喝的吗 |
[38:55] | Sorry, everybody, but Jimmy’s down a quart. | 不好意思 各位 吉米可是个酒鬼 |
[38:57] | Two johnnie walkers, rocks. | 两杯尊尼获加 加冰[尊品威士忌] |
[38:59] | Bobbie, you want anything? | 芭比 你要什么 |
[39:00] | Dubonnet with a twist. | 加冰调制的杜博尼酒 |
[39:02] | And make it fast, while this place is still french. | 快点上 趁这儿的法国风味正浓 |
[39:07] | I hope you all like spit in your food. | 我希望你们不介意食物里的唾沫星子 |
[39:09] | Come on. I come here all the time. | 别这样 我经常来这 |
[39:11] | Now, I have a few key questions for Mrs. America. | 现在 我有几个重要问题要问这位美国主妇 |
[39:14] | Remember, betsy, everything’s riding on this. | 亲爱的 每个问题都是围绕这个展开的 |
[39:17] | So really, what fills your days? | 说真的 你每天都如何度日 |
[39:20] | Eating bonbons? | 吃些棒棒糖 |
[39:21] | Hitting tennis balls with the needy? | 还是无聊的打打网球 |
[39:24] | Actually, I spend a lot of my time riding horses. | 实际上 我大部分时间都去骑马 |
[39:27] | It’s really a passion for me. | 对骑马我乐此不疲 |
[39:28] | And for them, I bet. | 我敢打赌马儿的感觉和你一样 |
[39:30] | So, big horses? Give me an education. | 那么 是大马吗 给我说说 |
[39:33] | – You don’t want to hear about this. – No, I do. | -你不会感兴趣的 -不 我很感兴趣 |
[39:35] | Is it the beauty pageant thing where they walk in little bitty steps? | 是那种让马走小碎步的表演吗 |
[39:38] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[39:41] | No. That’s dressage. | 不 那是花式骑术 |
[39:44] | I knew that. | 我知道那个 |
[39:45] | It’s the same kind of saddle, but I do jumping. | 意思都差不多 但我主要是让马跳栏 |
[39:49] | You two do any jumping? | 你们俩能跳吗 |
[39:50] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[39:51] | Can you excuse me a moment? | 我能失陪一会儿吗 |
[39:53] | All this talk about horses? | 好像我们一直都在谈论马啊 |
[40:03] | What, are you expecting a chinese baby? | 怎么 你怀了个中国宝宝吗 |
[40:05] | I don’t know what it is, | 我不知道是哪国的 |
[40:06] | But one thing I know is it’s not chinese. | 但可以肯定不是中国的 |
[40:10] | We’re both very proud of you. | 我和孩子都以你为傲 |
[40:12] | Well, good. | 很好 |
[40:13] | Because a 121/2% raise is nothing to sneeze at. | 因为12.5%的升薪确实是很可观的 |
[40:16] | I don’t care about the money. | 我并不在意钱 |
[40:18] | Well… the money’s nice. | 当然 钱是好东西 |
[40:22] | I just can’t wait to go into the phone company tomorrow | 我真是迫不及待明天要回去电话公司 |
[40:25] | And tell the girls that my husband | 告诉那些女孩们 |
[40:27] | Is the head of television at Sterling Cooper. | 我丈夫现在是斯特林·库珀电视部的头儿了 |
[40:30] | Do you feel well enough to go in? | 你现在回去没问题吗 |
[40:31] | Because you don’t have to. | 你大可不必马上回去工作 |
[40:33] | You’re sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[40:38] | What did you do? | 你是怎么办到的 |
[40:40] | Well, I took this tv show that no one wanted to sponsor, | 是这样 我介绍了个没有赞助商的节目 |
[40:44] | And I told one of our clients about it. | 给我们的一个客户 |
[40:46] | And you sold it? | 你把节目卖出去了 |
[40:48] | No, but everyone was impressed that I recognized the opportunity. | 没有 但大家对我对商机的敏感印象深刻 |
[40:52] | What’s the show? | 是什么节目 |
[40:54] | Just some show. | 就是很普通的那种 |
[41:01] | You wouldn’t like it. | 你不爱看的 |
[41:13] | You look great. | 你看上去气色不错 |
[41:15] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[41:17] | I’m not feeling great. | 我觉得很糟糕 |
[41:18] | Why not? | 为什么呢 |
[41:20] | I’m gonna be brief | 我直说吧 |
[41:22] | Because I don’t like leaving him alone out there. | 因为我不想让他一个人在外面太久 |
[41:25] | They’re loving it. | 他们很喜欢他 |
[41:26] | They’re being polite. | 他们是出于礼貌 |
[41:29] | The window for this apology is closing. | 道歉的机会即将失去 |
[41:32] | It needs to happen before the appetizers, or they will leave. | 必须在上开胃菜之前道歉 否则没机会了 |
[41:36] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[41:38] | Because I was thinking about that, | 因为我一直在考虑这个事情 |
[41:40] | So I took a look at Jimmy’s contract… | 所以我又看了一遍吉米的合同 |
[41:43] | Well, me and a lawyer… | 就是我和律师签署的那份 |
[41:45] | And I realized Jimmy doesn’t have to apologize at all. | 然后我觉得吉米根本没必要道歉 |
[41:49] | In fact, they’re gonna have to pay him, even if they fire him, | 实际上 即便他们解雇了他也要付给他报酬 |
[41:54] | Especially because hurt feelings isn’t a very good reason. | 因为感觉被恶语中伤并非拒付酬劳的理由 |
[41:59] | So what is this all about? | 那你到底想怎么样 |
[42:01] | I think an apology, and a public one like this one, | 我觉得一次道歉以及出席这种社交晚宴 |
[42:06] | Has to be worth $25,000. | 应该值25,000美金 |
[42:09] | And I want it in the paper. | 并且我希望立字为据 |
[42:11] | Say it’s a bonus. | 你可以称它为奖金 |
[42:26] | Believe me, I will ruin him. | 相信我 我会毁了他的 |
[42:34] | Do what I say. | 照我说的去做 |
[42:53] | – Don’t get up. – I wasn’t gonna. | -别客气 不用起身 -我没想起身 |
[42:55] | But this one knows about horses. Who knows? | 但是这位精通马经 谁知道呢 |
[42:58] | I’ve been spending the whole time watching her lips move. | 我的注意力都集中到她的嘴唇上了 |
[43:09] | Well, I hope we haven’t ordered yet because there really is something | 我们还没点餐是因为有些事情 |
[43:11] | That we need to get out of the way. | 我们需要先处理一下 |
[43:13] | He’s picking up the check. | 他会付账的 |
[43:15] | I mean, there’s really no debate, is there? | 我是说 这事没有争议 对吧 |
[43:19] | Mr. And Mrs. Schilling, | 希尔林先生和夫人 |
[43:21] | Jimmy has something that he’d like to say to you. | 吉米有些话要对你们说 |
[43:32] | Honestly, I’d rather eat your chips than anything in this dump. | 老实说 我喜爱你们的薯片胜过这儿的垃圾菜 |
[43:36] | They have snails here, you know. | 他们这儿还有以蜗牛为原料的菜 |
[43:39] | That’s nice to hear. | 很高兴你这么说 |
[43:41] | Mrs. Schilling… Edith… | 希尔林夫人 伊蒂丝 |
[43:44] | I was out of line the other day. | 那天我确实太过分了 |
[43:45] | I shouldn’t have said it to you, and | 我不该那样说你 |
[43:47] | Not just ’cause you’re married to him. | 并不是因为你是他的夫人 |
[43:48] | I shouldn’t have said it to anybody, not in that environment. | 我不该那样说任何人 起码不该在那种场合 |
[43:51] | Sweetheart, look at me. | 亲爱的 看着我 |
[43:53] | You, too, Hunt. Can I call you Hunt? | 还有你 亨特先生 我能称呼你亨特吧 |
[43:56] | There’s the guy under the lights, and there’s me. | 站在聚光灯下面那个家伙 也就是我 |
[43:58] | He’s made me rich, but he hasn’t made me very nice. | 那工作让我富有 但没能让我知书达理 |
[44:02] | I hope we can put it behind us. | 我希望你们能不计前嫌 |
[44:06] | I know that’s what you do. | 我知道你的工作就是花言巧语 |
[44:08] | I guess I just don’t have the stomach for it. | 但我想我没有那种肚量 |
[44:16] | Well, I’m famished. | 好了 我饿了 |
[44:26] | Excuse me. | 服务生 |
[44:57] | Bets, you all right? | 贝蒂 你还好吗 |
[45:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:04] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[45:06] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[45:09] | Nothing’s wrong. | 真的没什么 |
[45:13] | I’m just so happy. | 我只是很开心 |
[45:21] | When I said I wanted to be a part of your life… | 当我说愿意成为你生命中的一部分时 |
[45:27] | This is what I meant. | 我矢志不渝 |
[45:35] | We make a great team. | 我们是多么幸福的一对儿 |