时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:29] | You’re asking if I’ve seen these before? | 你问我是否看过这些 |
[01:31] | They’ve been running this for ten years. | 他们这招已经用了十年了 |
[01:33] | The Playtex people are jealous. | 倍得适的人很嫉妒 |
[01:34] | They shouldn’t be. | 他们不该嫉妒的 |
[01:36] | Maidenform is a dream, | 美顿芳是个美梦 |
[01:37] | but Playtex is a bra. | 但倍得适只是个胸罩 |
[01:38] | I’ve never seen either brand go wrong. | 我从没见过这两个品牌走错路线 |
[01:41] | I had four of these up in my dorm. | 我至少有四本在宿舍里 |
[01:42] | I didn’t even know what advertising was. | 我甚至不知道这是个什么广告 |
[01:44] | Why now? Sales are strong. | 为什么要是现在 销量很不错啊 |
[01:47] | Someone has a wife with an opinion. | 某些人家有仙妻 |
[01:49] | They would like to do what Maidenform is doing, | 他们乐于追随美顿芳 |
[01:51] | not what we’re doing. | 而不是我们 |
[01:53] | Why? Then they both have the same campaign. | 为什么 这样的话 两个品牌的广告将如出一辙 |
[01:56] | I love how they don’t need a diagram. | 我喜欢他们的广告中不含图表 |
[01:58] | Peggy, do you wear Playtex? | 佩奇 你穿的也是倍得适吗 |
[01:59] | And if so, why? | 如果是的话 为什么 |
[02:02] | I do, | 是的 |
[02:03] | and I agree with the 95 women we surveyed | 我的意见和我们调查过的95位女性一样 |
[02:06] | about how well it fits. | 关于倍得适是否贴身 |
[02:08] | I find they both open easily. | 我觉得两家的胸罩都很容易解开 |
[02:11] | I like a happy client, | 我喜欢快乐的客户 |
[02:13] | although you’d think someone would be able | 虽然你们都认为某人应该站出来 |
[02:15] | to talk them out of jumping onto a bandwagon | 奉劝他们不要这么盲目地随大流 |
[02:16] | as solid as this. | 即使是这么值得信赖的牌子 |
[02:17] | Maybe they want us to raise the bar. | 可能他们希望我们扩大宣传力度 |
[02:19] | Why, because their share of the market | 为什么 因为他们的 |
[02:20] | keeps increasing? | 市场份额不断扩大吗 |
[02:21] | You see them every four months. | 你看他们每四个月都推出新款 |
[02:23] | Why not throw them a bone? | 为什么不给他们点颜色看看 |
[02:23] | Let them see they’re paying for creative. | 让他们尝尝出风头的代价 |
[02:25] | Just wrinkle it a little. | 不用那么直接吧 |
[02:27] | I went to sleep in my bra, | 我戴着我的胸罩进入梦乡 |
[02:29] | and I thought I was so-and-so. | 我梦想我就是某某大人物 |
[02:32] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢你的”创意” |
[02:34] | Just for fun, | 纯属娱乐 |
[02:34] | let’s say we’re looking for new, | 假设我们正在寻找新颖的想法 |
[02:36] | and by new I mean old Maidenform. | 所谓新颖就是指美顿芳以前的款式 |
[02:38] | Peggy, you dig in around Playtex’s unique benefits. | 佩奇 你去挖掘倍得适的独到之处 |
[02:42] | Just the man to do it. | 最佳人选 |
[02:44] | What do I tell them? | 我该和他们怎么说 |
[02:45] | Tell them you couldn’t get a hold of me. | 告诉他们你联系不上我 |
[02:52] | Mr. Phillips, your ex… | 菲利普斯先生 您的前… |
[02:55] | your wife… | 您的夫人 |
[02:57] | Mrs. Phillips… | 菲利普斯太太 |
[02:58] | Pauline. I see her. | 宝琳 我看到她了 |
[02:59] | Thank you, Joyce. | 谢谢你 乔伊斯 |
[03:05] | Hey, fella. | 嘿 伙计 |
[03:06] | Hey, Chauncey. Come here. | 昌西 过来 |
[03:10] | Someone made you smell like a girl, yes. | 你现在闻起来真跟个女孩一样香 |
[03:14] | Come on. This way. | 来吧 这边 |
[03:18] | Hey, slugger. | 棒小伙 |
[03:19] | Hey, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[03:20] | – Precious. – Hi, Daddy. | -宝贝 -爸爸 |
[03:24] | – You look well. – So do you. | -你看起来不错 -你也是 |
[03:27] | How’s your mother? | 你母亲怎么样 |
[03:29] | Worse. She’s very erratic. | 很糟 状况很不稳定 |
[03:33] | Did you see the guy up at Brigham | 你见过那个住在布里格姆的人了吗 |
[03:34] | that Bob Levinson recommended? | 就是鲍勃·莱文森介绍的那个 |
[03:36] | I don’t want to talk about this right now. | 我现在不想谈这件事 |
[03:39] | I can’t leave right now. | 我现在无法抽身 |
[03:41] | I wish you would have told me | 我以为你提前通知我 |
[03:41] | that you were going to be early. | 你会早到的 |
[03:43] | Well, I know you’re not good in the afternoons. | 我知道你到了下午状态就不是很好 |
[03:45] | That’s not true anymore. You know that. | 不再那样了 你知道的 |
[03:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:50] | You two have a good time. | 你们俩好好玩 |
[03:51] | I will try and call you from Nana’s. | 我会在姥姥家给你们打电话的 |
[03:54] | Did you get a suite? | 订到套间了吗 |
[03:55] | They opened up the room next door. | 他们给我开了两个相连的房间 |
[03:56] | I even got a rollaway for Chauncey. | 甚至还给昌西搞到个折叠床 |
[03:59] | ‘Cause he’s a good boy. Yeah. | 因为他是个乖孩子 |
[04:01] | We’re going to have a wonderful time on the town. | 我们会在镇上享受一段美好时光 |
[04:03] | I got tickets for A Funny Thing Happened. | 我还买到了《开怀往事》的票 |
[04:06] | We saw it. | 我们已经看过了 |
[04:07] | Not from these seats. | 可不是头等座的票吧 |
[04:09] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[04:16] | So, you’ll have to wait a little while in my office, | 你们得先在我办公室等一会儿 |
[04:18] | do your studies, work up an appetite. | 做做功课 想想一会儿吃什么 |
[04:20] | It’s Memorial Day. | 今天是阵亡将士纪念日 |
[04:21] | All I have is German vocabulary. | 我的功课只有背德语单词 |
[04:23] | Hey, Duck. Sorry to bother you. | 嘿 达克 抱歉打扰你了 |
[04:26] | Nice dog. | 好漂亮的狗 |
[04:27] | Who are these? | 他们是谁 |
[04:29] | This is my son Mark and my daughter Patricia. | 这是我的儿子马克和女儿帕特丽夏 |
[04:31] | A handsome family. | 帅气的一家 |
[04:32] | And this is Chauncey. | 这位是昌西 |
[04:35] | I hope he can’t smell cat on me. | 我希望他在我身上不会闻到猫的味道 |
[04:37] | Freddie and I work together. | 弗雷迪是我的同事 |
[04:39] | Can I bend your ear a minute? | 可以借一步说话吗 |
[04:41] | Spit it out, Freddie. | 直说吧 弗雷迪 |
[04:43] | We’re going to need another box of brassieres. | 我们还需要一箱胸罩 |
[04:48] | Yes. Of course. | 好吧 当然可以 |
[04:50] | Enjoy your holiday. | 好好享受假期 |
[04:53] | Come on, Chauncey. | 来吧 昌西 |
[04:59] | Her skin cleared up, but she still looks unhappy. | 她皮肤很干净 但她看起来还是不讨巧 |
[05:02] | She’s a cheerleader. | 她是一名拉拉队长 |
[05:04] | For who, the University of Dour? | 哪个校队的 郁闷大学的吗 |
[05:08] | Does she have any cute friends? | 她有可爱些的朋友吗 |
[05:10] | These are the top three. | 这是最好的三个 |
[05:12] | I’m sorry, but compared to the kids on American Bandstand, | 我很抱歉 但是和”美国舞台”的孩子相比 |
[05:14] | they look miserable. | 他们看起来糟透了 |
[05:16] | Those kids are drunk. | 那些孩子是喝醉了 |
[05:17] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:20] | What about the idea of them going on a date? | 我有个想法 让他们去约会 |
[05:24] | Mr. And Mrs. Fresh Face. | 新人先生和新人太太 |
[05:26] | We could do multiple panels in print, | 我们可以制作多种印刷品 |
[05:28] | but it would really translate to TV. | 跟电视屏幕效果也差不多 |
[05:30] | How? | 怎么做 |
[05:31] | Like a contest? | 像竞赛吗 |
[05:33] | No, it’s a story. | 不 只是个故事 |
[05:35] | Anticipation as they get ready, | 先让他们做足准备 |
[05:37] | fixing their hair to look perfect. | 做做头发 让自己看起来很完美 |
[05:40] | Their skin, it’s not even on their mind. | 他们的每一处肌肤 完美到想都不敢想 |
[05:42] | They’re two kids who used to have a problem. | 他们是两个过去有问题的孩子 |
[05:46] | Thanks, Clearasil. | 谢谢你 克利拉斯[生产祛痘霜等化妆品的公司] |
[05:48] | Maybe, but it’s prom night, | 也许吧 但在舞会之夜 |
[05:50] | and it ends with him at the door and her and a corsage, | 以他和戴着胸花的她在门口相遇为结尾 |
[05:55] | the first moment they see each other. | 这是他们初次见面 |
[05:57] | And Dad with the Brownie? | 父亲还拿着核仁巧克力 |
[05:59] | Clearasil… | “克利拉斯” |
[06:01] | and some kind of line. | 再加上一些旁白 |
[06:04] | What about “Thanks, Clearasil”? | 比如”谢谢你 克利拉斯” |
[06:07] | I need to think about it. | 我得考虑一下 |
[06:09] | I can work with that. | 我可以为此效力 |
[06:11] | You want to run this by your father-in-law? | 你还要交由你的岳父审核通过吗 |
[06:13] | Eventually. | 再说吧 |
[06:18] | Have a nice holiday. | 祝你假日快乐 |
[06:33] | So how the hell are you, Don? | 最近怎么样 唐 |
[06:34] | Good. How are you, Crab? | 还好 你怎么样 克莱伯 |
[06:36] | Glad to be in shorts. | 穿短裤感觉很好 |
[06:38] | You don’t play? | 没不喜欢打球吗 |
[06:39] | I don’t mind watching. | 我看看就挺好 |
[06:41] | Whenever it’s this hot, | 天气总这么热 |
[06:42] | I think about that summer they executed the Rosenbergs. | 我在想那个罗森堡一家被处决的夏天 |
[06:45] | It was always about to rain. | 总是要下雨的天气 |
[06:46] | I remember that. | 我记得 |
[06:47] | We were still in Manhattan. | 我们当时还在曼哈顿 |
[06:49] | – I don’t miss it. – Yep. | -我可一点都不怀念 -没错 |
[06:50] | We get them to close Sing Sing, | 如果他们能关闭新新监狱 |
[06:52] | we’ll be in Shangri-la. | 我们也无异于身在香格里拉了 |
[06:53] | I keep having this dream | 我常常这么想 |
[06:54] | that there’s a power failure and the gates open. | 要是突然停电了 监狱大门开了 |
[06:57] | Hadn’t thought of that. | 这我倒没想过 |
[06:59] | Let’s change the subject. | 我们还是换个话题吧 |
[07:01] | Eventually, I just said, “Fine. | 最后 我只是说 “好吧 |
[07:03] | “If Lem Jones Associates is falling apart, | 如果莱姆·琼斯联合公司倒闭了 |
[07:05] | maybe it’s time to move on.” | 也许是时候另谋高就了” |
[07:07] | I hadn’t heard about that. | 我没有听说 |
[07:09] | I guess your PR men have the best PR. | 我估计你的公关部门有最强的公关人才 |
[07:11] | Yeah, I went to Rogers & Cowan | 是的 我扔下一堆麻烦 |
[07:13] | and left it burning behind me. | 去了罗杰斯·柯文公司 |
[07:15] | What happened over there? | 那边到底怎么了 |
[07:22] | I was on the team that took the fall | 我所在的小组为古巴革命委员会事件 |
[07:23] | for the Cuban Revolutionary Council. | 当了替罪羊 |
[07:27] | The Bay of Pigs? | 猪湾事件[美国鼓动下的反古巴革命的运动] |
[07:28] | The CIA hired us to help inspire the Cuban people | 中情局雇我们去煽动古巴人民 |
[07:31] | to a coordinated wave of sabotage and rebellion. | 掀起联合罢工和叛乱的浪潮 |
[07:34] | You handled that? | 你搞定了他们吗 |
[07:36] | Not as badly as they did. | 没有他们残忍恶劣 |
[07:39] | But I don’t know when Don’s going to be able to get away. | 但我不知道唐什么时候有空 |
[07:42] | High-class problems, my dear. | 这是高级机密 亲爱的 |
[07:44] | Marcie, we should say hello to Chuck and Ann. | 玛茜 我们应该和查克和安打个招呼去 |
[07:58] | I didn’t know you belonged here. | 我以为你不会来这种地方呢 |
[08:01] | I’ve been coming here since I was a kid. | 我打小就是从这种地方玩大的 |
[08:03] | We’re guests of the Pattersons. | 我们是帕特森夫妇的客人 |
[08:08] | Where’s Tara? | 塔拉在哪儿 |
[08:11] | Over there, I think. | 那边吧 我想 |
[08:13] | I haven’t seen you riding. | 我很久没有见你骑马了 |
[08:15] | I suppose that’s true. | 我想是的 |
[08:18] | I know you changed your schedule, | 我知道你改变了你骑马的时间 |
[08:19] | and I’m afraid I had something to do with that. | 而这恐怕跟我脱不了干系 |
[08:22] | No. Don’t be ridiculous. | 没有 别傻了 |
[08:26] | All I wanted to say is please ride when you want. | 我想说的是 你想骑马的话随时可以去 |
[08:30] | I’ll stay out of your way. | 我一定不会打扰你 |
[08:32] | It’s very nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[08:35] | Arthur, it’s okay. | 亚瑟 没关系的 |
[08:37] | As we used to say in college, let’s be friends. | 正如大学里流行的一句话 让我们作朋友吧 |
[08:42] | Good. Because I think you would have enjoyed | 好吧 因为我估计如果你那天看到我 |
[08:44] | seeing me get nosed into the trough the other day. | 摔个嘴啃泥的话肯定会忍不住乐的 |
[08:47] | No. | 没有 |
[08:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:51] | Mommy! Mommy! | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[08:58] | Well, it’s nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[09:01] | You as well. | 我也一样 |
[09:05] | It had nothing to do with Kennedy. | 这和肯尼迪一点关系都没有 |
[09:08] | Still, all that vigor disappeared | 最终 当他发现自己不能够有所作为 |
[09:11] | when he found out he couldn’t get anything done. | 所有的激情也都烟消云散 |
[09:14] | It’s Versailles. | 这是凡尔赛宫 |
[09:15] | Jackie’s smiling all over the world. | 杰姬的微笑遍布全世界 |
[09:17] | He’s chasing starlets. | 他追捧小明星 |
[09:19] | Everybody’s happy. | 大家都开心 |
[09:21] | I’m building a bomb shelter. | 我正在建一个防空洞 |
[09:23] | Really? | 是吗 |
[09:24] | If you see Petra, don’t mention it. | 如果你见到佩特拉 别和她提起这个 |
[09:26] | She doesn’t want people to know. | 她不想让人知道 |
[09:28] | Good seeing you, Don. | 很高兴见到你 唐 |
[09:30] | Let me know if you need a reference. | 如果你需要任何参考一定要告诉我 |
[09:31] | We’d love to have you here. | 欢迎你的到来 |
[09:32] | If I could have everyone’s attention for a moment. | 大家请听我说 |
[09:35] | Please be seated. | 请就座 |
[09:37] | It is a tradition | 这是个传统 |
[09:39] | that we have our ribs and fashion show on this day every year. | 每年这一天 我们都会召开时装秀 |
[09:44] | Well, this is not to dim our resolute admiration | 当然我们也要为那些 |
[09:47] | for the fortitude of those who have so nobly served our country, | 坚强不屈的 为国效力 但今天下午 |
[09:53] | many of whom will not be enjoying ribs this afternoon. | 却不能出席这个会议的英雄们致敬 |
[09:58] | If you could please stand, all servicemen, | 请站起来 所有的军人 |
[10:02] | for a moment of our insufficient appreciation. | 让我们表达无限的感恩之情 |
[10:06] | Including Lester Aaron. | 包括莱斯特·亚伦 |
[10:09] | Lester was a Rough Rider. | 莱斯特曾是个强力骑兵 |
[10:11] | Please, heroes, on your feet. | 英雄们 请起立 |
[10:48] | Can you close the door? | 能把门关上吗 |
[10:49] | You’re letting the air out. | 热气都跑出去了 |
[10:51] | Those look delicious. | 看起来很美味 |
[10:53] | It’s not the club, | 这不是在俱乐部 |
[10:54] | but at least you know I washed my hands. | 至少你知道我洗过手 |
[10:57] | How are things in the circus? | 最近马戏团怎么样 |
[10:59] | Damn serious. | 糟透了 |
[11:02] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[11:04] | J&B. | 珍宝威士忌 |
[11:05] | The network sent me a case. | 网上寄来的试用装 |
[11:06] | This is why I don’t have a TV. | 这就是我不买电视的原因 |
[11:10] | You want something else? | 还要点别的什么吗 |
[11:11] | He’ll suffer through it. | 他得先喝完这个 |
[11:13] | Do you know where you’re summering? | 你们要去哪里避暑呢 |
[11:14] | We were thinking Point Woods. | 我们正在考虑针叶森林 |
[11:17] | I have to work, though. | 但我得上班 |
[11:19] | Mother’s going to expect you on Fishers. | 妈妈还想你去斐神呢[地名] |
[11:21] | I see her crossing the widow’s walk with an eye to the sea. | 她不过是没话找话罢了 |
[11:24] | Peter. | 皮特 |
[11:25] | I was on the phone with her the other day, | 前几天我给她打电话 |
[11:27] | and you were all she talked about. | 她说的全是你 |
[11:29] | – Really? – No. I’m kidding. | -是吗 -不 我在开玩笑 |
[11:33] | I don’t think I know what’s funny about that. | 我想这没什么可笑的 |
[11:35] | Judy, would you help me with the corn? | 朱迪 可以帮我去看看玉米吗 |
[11:39] | Now, listen. Don’t scrimp. | 听着 别太斤斤计较了 |
[11:40] | Take a vacation. | 休个假吧 |
[11:41] | Don’t Trudy’s folks have some incredible vacation spread? | 特鲁迪的老爸不是给了你们很多度假用费吗 |
[11:44] | It’s not about the money, Bud. | 这不是钱的问题 哥们儿 |
[11:46] | I’m very important to the agency. | 我对公司很重要 |
[11:48] | My absence is felt. | 我不在会乱套的 |
[11:52] | Yes. Well. | 那好吧 |
[11:55] | Let’s see how the Ottomanelli Brothers treated us. | 来尝尝奥特梅里兄弟的烤肉怎么样[著名食品企业] |
[12:01] | And here’s Annette Fogel ready for the playa. | 这是安妮特·福格尔的海岸风景线 |
[12:05] | That’s Spanish for beach, gentlemen, | 西班牙海滩 先生们 |
[12:07] | and that’s where you’ll want to be. | 那是你的梦想之地 |
[12:11] | If something sportier is what you’re looking for, | 如果你想要动感一点的 |
[12:14] | – check out… – I have to go. | -看看这套 -我得走了 |
[12:16] | …last year’s singles champion. | 去年的单款销量冠军 |
[12:18] | Really? You’re really going? | 是吗 你真的要走 |
[12:20] | I wouldn’t think you’d want to leave this. | 我以为你会舍不得这些美女呢 |
[12:22] | People will be working. I should stop by. | 员工要开始工作了 而我要过去看看 |
[12:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:27] | You’re going to miss the sparklers. | 你会错过精彩桥段的 |
[12:29] | Call me from the emergency room. | 有紧急事再给我打电话 |
[12:31] | Oh, and this delight, Judy Sawyer, | 这位熠熠生辉的 是朱迪·索伊尔 |
[12:34] | is ready for the beaches of California, | 正要去加利福尼亚海滩度假 |
[12:37] | where she loves to do the Watusi. | 在那儿她可以跳她喜欢的瓦图西舞 |
[12:51] | Room 301. | 接301房间 |
[12:57] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:58] | You’re there. Good. | 你在呢 真好 |
[13:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:02] | But there’s been a change of plans. | 但是计划有点变动 |
[13:05] | I’m spending the day with my son. | 我准备一天都和孩子在一起 |
[13:06] | We’re going to the beach. | 我们准备去海滩 |
[13:08] | Your son? | 你儿子 |
[13:10] | He’s 18. | 他18岁了 |
[13:13] | I don’t know why I never brought him up. | 我不知道为什么我之前没有提过他 |
[13:19] | Jimmy will be at the Beverly Hills for the next ten days. | 吉米要在在贝弗利山庄待个10天 |
[13:22] | Los Angeles. That’s far away. | 洛杉矶 挺远的 |
[13:24] | No. It’s some club in Kentucky. | 不是 是肯塔基州的某家俱乐部 |
[13:28] | Still far away. | 但还是很远 |
[13:30] | I could stay out at the beach, and you could join. | 我会在海滩附近 你也可以来 |
[13:34] | You never saw it. | 你从没见过海吧 |
[13:36] | Don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[13:37] | What? You never think about it? | 什么 你都没想过吗? |
[13:40] | No. | 不 |
[13:42] | I do. All the time. | 我想过 无时不刻在想 |
[13:45] | The car on its side, your body crushing me. | 车停在一边 你的身体冲击着我 |
[13:48] | I don’t know why I think about it. | 我不知道为什么我总这样想 |
[13:51] | Maybe I do. | 但就是这样 |
[13:54] | I’ll call you. | 我会打电话给你的 |
[13:56] | I’d like that. | 我将乐意之至 |
[15:04] | Morning. | 早 |
[15:07] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:09] | I ran that “Thanks, Clearasil” | 我给岳父讲了 |
[15:11] | thing by my father-in-law. | “谢谢你 克利拉斯” 的创意 |
[15:13] | He loved it. | 他很喜欢 |
[15:15] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[15:17] | The libraries were closed yesterday. | 图书馆昨天闭馆 |
[15:19] | What did you do? | 你干什么去了 |
[15:20] | I was working, | 我工作啊 |
[15:22] | and then there was a barbecue. | 之后去吃烧烤 |
[15:23] | It was too hot. | 天太热了 |
[15:24] | It was too hot. | 是太热了 |
[15:26] | Trudy and I saw Liberty Valance. | 特鲁迪和我看了《双虎屠龙》 |
[15:28] | It goes along for a while, | 演了一会儿 |
[15:29] | and then it takes a turn | 情节有点起伏 |
[15:31] | and ends up exactly where you thought it was going. | 结局得和你想象得一摸一样 |
[15:33] | John Wayne shot him. | 约翰·韦恩枪杀了他 |
[15:37] | Have you seen it yet? | 你看过了吗 |
[15:38] | It’s okay. You saved me 50 cents. | 没关系 你替我省了50美分 |
[15:41] | I’m sorry. I hate people who do that. | 很抱歉 我挺讨厌别人这么干 |
[15:45] | I know you don’t like the line. | 我知道你不喜欢那些台词 |
[15:47] | Look, it’s all about keeping your father-in-law happy. | 这么做都是要让你岳父高兴 |
[15:50] | I do my job, you do yours. | 我做我的 你做你的 |
[15:54] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[15:56] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[15:59] | Just play with it. | 别太认真 |
[16:01] | Okay? | 好么 |
[16:06] | So you’re still out there in Brooklyn? | 那你仍住在布鲁克林区吗 |
[16:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:10] | Where again? | 在哪儿来着 |
[16:11] | Marine Park? | 海洋公园 |
[16:12] | No, I moved a while ago. | 不是 我搬走一段时间了 |
[16:14] | I’m on my second apartment, in Prospect Park. | 我又租了套公寓 在希望公园 |
[16:17] | East 83rd Street. | 东83街 |
[16:19] | It’s a ghost town. | 是个鬼镇 |
[16:20] | But my brother came to my cookout. | 但我哥哥来和我一起聚餐了 |
[16:23] | Who were you with? | 你和谁一起吃饭的 |
[16:25] | My family. | 我的家人 |
[16:28] | Pete, look, I really do have a lot of work to do. | 皮特 我真有一堆工作要做 |
[16:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[16:33] | Let me know where you land. | 随时向我报告你的进展情况 |
[16:44] | How was your day off? | 假期过得怎么样 |
[16:45] | Restful. | 挺平静 |
[16:47] | I went to the beach. | 我去了海滩 |
[16:49] | Too much, I see. | 有点过头了 我看是 |
[16:50] | I got it behind my knees. | 我趴着晒太阳的 |
[16:52] | I couldn’t sit down. | 现在都没法坐了 |
[16:55] | Morning. | 早 |
[16:56] | Good morning, Mr. Sterling. | 早上好 斯特林先生 |
[17:02] | Has your wife seen that yet? | 你老婆见过她吗 |
[17:04] | Do me a favor. Let me be there when it happens. | 劳驾 发生那一幕的时候一定要叫上我来围观 |
[17:07] | Is that why you’re here? | 你来这就是为这个吗 |
[17:08] | Concerned for my well-being? | 来关心我的私生活 |
[17:10] | Here’s your cigarette. Be on your way. | 抽烟吧 随意些 |
[17:12] | But wait. There’s more. | 但是等等 还有 |
[17:15] | You are going to have lunch with Duck. | 你得去达克吃午饭 |
[17:18] | Perhaps on a train car, | 可能还要在火车车厢里 |
[17:19] | because I want you to sign an armistice on American Airlines. | 因为我要你和美航公司签订停战协议 |
[17:22] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[17:23] | I’ve been in the meetings. | 我参加了一些会议 |
[17:25] | Errol Flynn is gone, | 艾洛·佛林没了 |
[17:26] | and so is my taste for swordplay. | 我对击剑的兴趣也没有了 |
[17:28] | You two need to put them away. | 你们两个也要注意洁身自好 |
[17:30] | I have. | 知道 |
[17:31] | I’ve been married for over 20 years. | 我结婚已有20多年了 |
[17:33] | I know the difference between a spat | 我知道吵一架和 |
[17:34] | and spending a month on the couch. | 看一个月心理医生之间的区别 |
[17:36] | Don’t go to bed angry. | 不要把怒气带到床上去 |
[17:47] | Two hot chocolates. | 两杯热巧克力 |
[17:50] | I don’t want it. | 我不要 |
[17:52] | Sure you do. | 你需要的 |
[17:53] | It’s good when it’s hot to drink something hot. | 花开堪折直须折 热饮当趁热时品 |
[17:55] | If you continued with the Scouts, | 如果你当初继续做童子军 |
[17:56] | you would have learned that. | 你就会明白这个道理的 |
[17:58] | Patty, you can use the phone, | 帕蒂 你可以用电话 |
[17:59] | but Miss Morrison works for me, not you. | 但莫里森女士是我的秘书 不是你的 |
[18:02] | Daddy has a morning meeting. | 爸爸要开个早会 |
[18:04] | There’s a food cart. It’ll be here in 20 minutes. | 有个餐车 20分钟之内会送过来 |
[18:07] | No scraps for Chauncey. | 不要喂昌西剩饭 |
[18:09] | I have money. I have $150. | 我有钱 我有150美元 |
[18:12] | Mark. | 马克 |
[18:13] | That’s good. | 那太好了 |
[18:14] | How did you get that tidy sum? | 你怎么得到这笔钱的 |
[18:16] | Mr. Reeve gave it to me. | 瑞弗先生给我的 |
[18:18] | And why would he do that? | 他为什么给你钱 |
[18:22] | Because he wants us to be happy | 因为他希望他和妈妈结婚的时候 |
[18:23] | when he marries Mom. | 我们也会开心 |
[18:29] | We all want you to be happy. | 我们都希望你们开心 |
[18:31] | And whatever his intentions, it’s very generous. | 不管他是什么目的 还挺大方 |
[18:34] | He already asked her. | 他已经向她求婚了 |
[18:37] | Well. | 好吧 |
[18:43] | You must have known eventually | 你们应该知道 |
[18:44] | that your mother and I might be starting new lives. | 你妈妈和我要开始各自新的生活 |
[18:48] | We understand. We don’t care. | 我们明白 我们不在乎 |
[18:50] | It’s not easy for her. | 这对她来说挺难的 |
[18:52] | With you away at St. Paul’s now, | 你们远在圣保罗 |
[18:53] | she’s lost her man of the house. | 她在家也缺个主事的男人 |
[18:56] | Franklin Reeve is a good man. | 富兰克林·瑞弗是个好人 |
[18:59] | Mom’s going to stick you with Chauncey. | 妈妈坚持要你带昌西 |
[19:02] | What? | 什么 |
[19:03] | We’re supposed to say good-bye to him. | 我们要和它说再见了 |
[19:05] | She can’t make you do that. | 她不能逼你们这么做 |
[19:07] | Dad, he’s your dog. | 爸爸 它是你的狗 |
[19:08] | And I’ve learned to live without him | 我已经习惯没有它的生活了 |
[19:09] | so you two kids could have some consistency. | 你们却可以继续这样的生活 |
[19:12] | Frank’s allergic. | 弗兰克对狗过敏 |
[19:27] | Your mother will be here in a half an hour. | 你们的妈妈半小时后会来 |
[19:40] | Where are we? | 进展怎么样 |
[19:40] | We had an interesting idea. | 我们有个不错的想法 |
[19:44] | We? | 我们 |
[19:46] | Are you on Playtex? | 你也穿着倍得适吗 |
[19:47] | He wants to get credit for his idea. | 他觉得他的创意很被看好 |
[19:49] | You sure about that? | 确定吗 |
[19:51] | Well, we went out the other night, after the meeting… | 那晚会议结束后 我们去喝酒 |
[19:55] | you know, a little extra hours after hours… | 就是晚上的一些消遣活动 |
[19:57] | and I looked around the bar. | 我环顾酒吧四周 |
[19:59] | We all did. | 我们都环顾了一下 |
[20:00] | From what I understand, | 据我所知 |
[20:01] | Playtex has an amazing bra, but it doesn’t take you anywhere. | 倍得适是不错的胸罩 但也仅仅如此而已 |
[20:06] | Well put. | 好的 继续 |
[20:06] | So I was thinking. | 所以我就在想 |
[20:09] | Women right now already have a fantasy, | 现在的女人们已经有了幻想 |
[20:11] | and it’s not going up the Nile. | 但却不是飞往尼罗河 |
[20:13] | It’s right here in America. | 而就在这里 在美国 |
[20:15] | Jackie Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe. | 杰姬·肯尼迪和玛丽莲·梦露 |
[20:18] | Every single woman is one of them. | 每个女人都可以模仿她们 |
[20:20] | Watch this. | 来看看 |
[20:26] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[20:28] | Marilyn. | 玛丽莲 |
[20:30] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[20:32] | Marilyn… | 玛丽莲 |
[20:34] | Well, Marilyn’s really a Joan, not the other way around. | 玛丽莲是琼 但琼不是玛丽莲 |
[20:43] | That is an idea and an impressive presentation. | 这创意不错 阐述也很到位 |
[20:48] | Well, you always say it’s a 24-hour-a-day job. | 你总说对创意人员来说 每分每秒都是工作时间 |
[20:51] | Apparently, I’ve already signed off on it. | 很明显 我非常赞同 |
[20:59] | I don’t know if all women | 我不确定是不是每个女人身上 |
[21:00] | are a Jackie or a Marilyn. | 都有杰姬或玛丽莲的倩影 |
[21:03] | Maybe men see them that way. | 或许只是在男人看来如此罢了 |
[21:04] | Bras are for men. | 女人的胸罩就是为了男人而戴的 |
[21:06] | Women want to see themselves the way men see them. | 男人喜欢什么样的 女人就会穿什么样的 |
[21:09] | You’re a Jackie or a Marilyn… | 你是杰姬 或者玛丽莲 |
[21:11] | A line and a curve. | 直线美和曲线美 |
[21:13] | Nothing goes better together. | 没有什么比合二为一更好了 |
[21:15] | Which do you think I am? | 你们觉得我属于哪种 |
[21:16] | Gertrude Stein. | 葛楚.斯泰因[19世纪美国作家] |
[21:20] | I would say you’re more classical, | 我觉得你比她更加传统 |
[21:22] | Hellenic. | 古希腊风格 |
[21:23] | Irene Dunne. | 艾琳·杜恩[名演员] |
[21:25] | I love Irene Dunne. | 我喜欢艾琳·杜恩 |
[21:28] | Peggy, you’re going to have company on this. | 佩奇 这个项目将有人协助你完成 |
[21:30] | Congratulations, Kinsey. | 恭喜你 金西 |
[21:32] | You forced your way onto an account. | 你终于争取到了一个项目 |
[21:36] | Mr. Phillips is here. | 菲利普斯先生来了 |
[21:38] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[21:40] | Get back. Out. | 回来 出去 |
[21:42] | Who’s the new account man? | 这位新业务员是谁 |
[21:43] | It’s Chauncey. Sorry about that. | 它叫昌西 抱歉 |
[21:46] | Listen, any idea when I can schedule Playtex? | 我什么时候和倍得适公司的人会面 |
[21:49] | We’re laying track. | 还在联系当中 |
[21:50] | I think you can bring the train in tomorrow. | 我想你可以约他们明天来 |
[21:52] | Something new, I hope. | 我希望你们有新的创意 |
[21:54] | Can I drop some crumbs, at least? | 我可以先听为快吗 |
[21:57] | Two sides of one woman… | 一个女人的两面 |
[21:59] | Jackie by day,Marilyn by night. | 白天是杰姬 晚上是玛丽莲 |
[22:02] | Maybe it’s two girls. | 也许是两个女人 |
[22:03] | But definitely two flavors… | 但绝对是两种风情 |
[22:06] | Vanilla and cherry. | 香草和樱桃 |
[22:07] | Sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[22:08] | Don, your girl says you’re free for lunch. | 唐 你的助理说你午餐时间有空 |
[22:10] | She’s in charge. | 她说了算 |
[22:13] | Come on, Chauncey. | 来吧 昌西 |
[22:15] | Come on. | 快来 |
[22:17] | Thought you all were listening. Let’s go. | 你们没听见吗 走吧 |
[22:21] | Freddie. | 弗雷迪 |
[22:23] | What, sweetheart? | 怎么了 甜心 |
[22:26] | I wish you would have told me you | 我希望你提前告诉我 |
[22:28] | were going to work tuesday night. | 你星期二晚上要工作 |
[22:30] | If you have something better, | 如果你有更好的想法 |
[22:30] | I’ll run it by Don. | 我可以向唐汇报一下 |
[22:32] | He already likes that. | 他对那个创意已经很满意了 |
[22:34] | Yes, he does. | 是的 他确实喜欢 |
[22:36] | Isn’t that our goal? | 那不正是我们的目标吗 |
[22:38] | I’m not saying I had a better idea, | 我不是说我有更好的创意 |
[22:40] | But now I’m not even a part of it. | 可现在我完全是个无关人等 |
[22:42] | All I had to do was be in that bar. | 看来只要我去了酒吧就会有功劳 |
[22:44] | Believe me, you didn’t want to be in that bar. | 相信我 你不会喜欢待在那酒吧的 |
[22:47] | The work’s done. | 创意已经有了 |
[22:49] | Now go write me some titillating copy. | 现在去写份精彩的文案吧 |
[23:03] | Mr. Draper is here to see you. | 德雷柏先生来找您 |
[23:06] | Send him in. | 请他进来 |
[23:10] | Are you coming by to pick me up? | 你是来接我一起乘车的吗 |
[23:13] | No. | 不是 |
[23:15] | It’s just I wasn’t really planning on coming back after lunch. | 只是我吃完午餐就不打算回来了 |
[23:18] | Any way we can have this conversation now? | 我们现在可以谈谈吗 |
[23:20] | Conversation? | 谈谈 |
[23:22] | Roger told me it was just a friendly lunch. | 罗杰告诉我那顿午餐 只是为了向他们示好 |
[23:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:28] | People start giving you things. | 人们开始送一些东西 |
[23:29] | They think it’s cute. | 他们觉得这样有利于拉近距离 |
[23:30] | I’ve got a crate of that crap somewhere. | 我有整整一篮子那东西 |
[23:36] | That’s quite a playing field you have there. | 你这个运动场真不错啊[办公桌] |
[23:38] | I don’t like anything on it but ashes. | 上面都堆满了废物 和灰尘无异 |
[23:42] | I thought maybe your secretary was better than mine. | 可能你的秘书比我的好 |
[23:45] | Nobody’s secretary’s better than yours. | 你的秘书无人能及 |
[23:47] | You creative directors. | 你们这些创意总监啊 |
[23:52] | All I can say is it’s been hard | 我只能说 要搞清楚这里的状况 |
[23:54] | to figure things out around here. | 实在是太难了 |
[23:56] | Eighteen months in? | 你来18个月了吧 |
[23:58] | We can’t be that unusual. | 我们没那么特殊吧 |
[24:00] | I’m doing the job you hired me to do. | 你们聘请我 不就是要来做这工作的吗 |
[24:02] | I tell people that Sterling Cooper is the only place to be. | 我告诉大家斯特林库珀是广告公司中的首选 |
[24:05] | You’ve been pitching more to me | 你把时间都花在了我身上 |
[24:06] | than you have to clients. | 对客户倒是不怎么在乎 |
[24:08] | What does that mean? | 你什么意思 |
[24:09] | It means you’ve been selling their ideas to me | 意思是 你极力向我宣传他们的想法 |
[24:13] | More than mine to them. | 而不是把我的想法转达给他们 |
[24:19] | When I was in the marine corps, | 我当年在海军陆战队的时候 |
[24:20] | I missed duty. | 有一次耽误了值勤 |
[24:22] | Fell down the steps or something. | 好像是在楼梯上不小心滑到了 |
[24:24] | My squad leader covered, but then I confessed to the men. | 我的班长帮我隐瞒了下来 但最后我还是坦白了 |
[24:29] | He laid down some rifle fire for me, | 他想让我免于责罚 |
[24:31] | and I acted like I didn’t need it. | 我却不领情 |
[24:33] | That’s not the situation I want to be in here. | 我不想在此也陷入同样的状况 |
[24:36] | So what, you’re covering for me? | 怎么 你也在保护我吗 |
[24:39] | Who am I in this story? | 我在这个故事中扮演哪个角色 |
[24:41] | I’m grateful, Don. | 我充满感激 唐 |
[24:42] | If you hadn’t brought me in, | 如果不是你向公司推荐我 |
[24:43] | where would I be? | 我现在还不知道在哪儿呢 |
[24:45] | Some fifth wheel at Mccann? | 麦凯恩座下的第五把交椅吗 |
[24:47] | Look, I did everything I could for you on American Airlines. | 美航那事我真的已经竭尽全力了 |
[24:51] | It was a risk worth taking. | 冒那么大的风险 的确是值得的 |
[24:52] | People think of us differently. | 我们在外界的形象会就此大为改观 |
[24:54] | What do you want me to say? | 你到底想让我说什么 |
[24:57] | That we’re on the same team? | 说我们共处同一个团队 |
[24:58] | That I love being in your unit? | 说我很喜欢和你并肩作战吗 |
[25:00] | Sarge, I’m scared? | 长官 我很害怕 |
[25:02] | You have an “I told you so,” okay? | 你大可以落井下石 奚落嘲讽一下 |
[25:05] | Can we move forward? | 我们能忘记这些 往前看吗 |
[25:07] | I’m the one that looks bad. | 毕竟丢人的是我 |
[25:09] | It hasn’t hurt the company. | 公司并没有因我而受损 |
[25:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:17] | Of course we can. | 当然可以 |
[25:21] | And I will tell Roger we had lunch. | 我会和罗杰说我们共进午餐了 |
[25:24] | Well. Good, then. | 好吧 |
[25:26] | Okay. | 好了 |
[25:45] | Where did you come from? | 你从何处归来 |
[25:49] | You don’t want to know. | 你不用知道 |
[26:01] | Wait. | 等等 |
[26:03] | I love it. | 我喜欢这样 |
[26:05] | I’m warm and I’m cold. | 如冰火交加于一身 |
[26:12] | What time is it? | 现在几点了 |
[26:19] | A little after 4. | 刚过4点 |
[26:22] | I have to get ready. | 我该做些准备工作了 |
[26:26] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[26:27] | My daughter’s in a play. | 我女儿参演了一个小节目 |
[26:29] | Daughter? | 女儿 |
[26:32] | Is that everyone? | 你就这一个家人吧 |
[26:35] | She’s at Sarah Lawrence. | 她在莎拉劳伦斯学校上学 |
[26:44] | How much preparation do you need? | 你有多少准备工作要做 |
[26:48] | You don’t want me to go. | 你不是不是不希望我离去 |
[26:52] | I took the afternoon off. | 我请了一下午假 |
[26:55] | For me? | 为了我吗 |
[27:03] | You’re a lion, aren’t you? | 你就像一头雄狮 |
[27:07] | Now I know what you like. | 现在我知道你喜欢什么了 |
[27:11] | You can go. | 你去吧 |
[27:14] | I know I can. | 我知道 |
[27:18] | Do you want to stay here? | 你想留在这儿吗 |
[27:21] | Watch TV? | 看看电视 |
[27:23] | Go through my things? | 翻翻我的东西 |
[27:27] | I would never leave you alone in my place. | 我可不会让你独自一人留在我家的 |
[27:30] | Yes, you would. | 不 你会的 |
[27:33] | Stay. | 就呆在这儿吧 |
[27:35] | Relax. | 放松 |
[27:38] | Believe me, I’m the same way. | 相信我 我也跟你一样 |
[27:43] | It has to come out somewhere. | 必须以某种方式发泄一下才行 |
[27:51] | I’ll get you out in time for dinner, I promise. | 晚餐前就能搞定 我保证 |
[27:54] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[27:59] | You here to audition? | 你是来试镜的吗 |
[28:00] | No one told me about this. | 为什么没人通知我 |
[28:02] | I’m taking pictures. You can look at the pictures. | 我在照相 你可以看相片 |
[28:05] | I didn’t know you’d want to come. | 我不知道你也想来 |
[28:06] | Is Paul in there? | 保罗在里面吗 |
[28:09] | A lot of guys are in there. | 里面的男人可不止他一个 |
[28:11] | You can come in if you want. | 你要想进去的话请自便吧 |
[28:12] | No. I’m just surprised because I have an eye for this. | 不 我只是很吃惊 因为我的眼光很准 |
[28:16] | Don’t worry about Kinsey. | 别担心金西 |
[28:17] | I won’t let him put anything together without you. | 我不会让他不经过你同意就擅自做决定的 |
[28:21] | Who’s next? | 下一位 |
[28:33] | Hey, girl. | 嘿 美女 |
[28:37] | You look lost. | 看起来你迷路了 |
[28:38] | Chauncey. | 昌西 |
[28:40] | Here he is. | 原来你在这儿呢 |
[28:41] | I apologize, Chauncey. | 不好意思 昌西 |
[28:43] | I thought you were a girl. | 我以为你是女孩呢 |
[28:45] | Beautiful dog. | 多漂亮的一只狗啊 |
[28:46] | Where have you been hiding him? | 为什么以前从没见过 |
[28:47] | I made my wife give him back to me. | 我让我太太把它还给我了 |
[28:50] | Missed him too much. | 我非常想念他 |
[28:52] | I like dogs. | 我也喜欢狗 |
[28:54] | Dogs are better than wives. | 狗可比老婆好多了 |
[28:55] | Never a problem communicating. | 不会有沟通问题 |
[28:57] | I like having one in the office. | 我倒是想在办公室里养条狗 |
[29:00] | Makes us look more easygoing, | 让我们显得很有亲和力 |
[29:02] | Friendly, you know, to clients. | 与客户之间也会更容易沟通 |
[29:05] | Maybe I’ll bring one in, too. | 也许我也该带一条狗来 |
[29:06] | What breed do you have? | 你养的是什么狗 |
[29:08] | I don’t have one. | 我没养呢 |
[29:10] | I was going to get one for the office. | 我只是想在办公室里养一条而已 |
[29:13] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我觉得这可不是个好主意 |
[29:16] | Good night, Campbell. | 晚安 坎贝尔 |
[29:17] | Come on, Chauncey. | 走吧 昌西 |
[29:42] | What were you doing in Sterling Cooper? | 你来斯特林库珀公司所为何事 |
[29:45] | There was a casting call for Playtex. | 参加倍得适的试镜活动 |
[29:47] | Right. | 哦 对 |
[29:48] | The fellas are calling it the bra-ditions. | 我们都戏称这叫做”试乳罩”活动 |
[29:52] | That’s funny. | 真有意思 |
[29:54] | You work there? | 你在这儿工作吗 |
[29:55] | I do. | 是的 |
[29:57] | Want me to find out how it went? | 想让我帮你打探一下结果吗 |
[30:00] | I already know. Not well. | 我已经知道了 不是很好 |
[30:03] | I find that hard to believe. | 难以置信 |
[30:05] | Well, they fall in love with a picture of you, | 他们看中了你寄给他们的照片 |
[30:07] | And then you come in, and they’re disappointed. | 然后见到真人 他们又失望了 |
[30:10] | But it doesn’t make any sense | 真没有道理 |
[30:12] | because all they need is a picture. | 因为他们只需要照片拍的漂亮就够了 |
[30:16] | I didn’t bring my camera with me, | 我没带照相机 |
[30:17] | But I can’t imagine it being better than this. | 可我觉得 任何照片也不会比你真人更漂亮 |
[30:23] | I don’t know. Maybe I look tired. | 我不知道 也许我看上去很萎靡 |
[30:24] | I just flew back from working in London. | 我刚停了工作 从伦敦飞回来 |
[30:28] | London? | 伦敦 |
[30:32] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[30:37] | Peter Campbell. | 皮特·坎贝尔 |
[30:40] | Oh, my. Account Executive. | 噢 天啊 业务总管 |
[31:01] | I love the taste of scotch. | 我喜欢苏格兰威士忌的味道 |
[31:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:13] | Stop. Turn around. | 停下 转身 |
[31:15] | Let me look at you. | 让我好好欣赏一下你 |
[31:21] | When I first saw you, | 我第一眼看见你 |
[31:23] | I thought you were foreign. | 还以为你是异国女郎呢 |
[31:25] | Really? Is that right? | 是吗 你真这样觉得吗 |
[31:30] | Hold that. | 别动 |
[31:34] | I have company. | 我有客人 |
[31:41] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就来 |
[32:01] | Who was that? | 那位是谁 |
[32:02] | – My mother. – Really? | -我妈妈 -真的吗 |
[32:04] | What, you didn’t think I had a mother? | 怎么 你难道觉得我没有妈妈吗 |
[32:07] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[32:21] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[32:29] | Up the long, delirious, burning blue, | 深邃的长空 为之意乱情迷的深蓝 |
[32:33] | I topped the windswept heights with easy grace | 优雅地飞翔在风所能及的高度 |
[32:37] | Where never lark or even eagle flew. | 纵使云雀或是苍鹰 也望尘莫及 |
[32:44] | And while with silent lifting mind | 思绪安宁 斗志昂扬 |
[32:47] | I strode the high untrespassed sanctity of space, | 我在圣洁的云端漫步 |
[32:53] | Put out my hand, | 伸出双手 |
[32:56] | And touched the face of god. | 轻抚上帝的脸庞 |
[33:46] | You want me to fix you something? | 你想让我帮你做点吃的吗 |
[33:49] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[33:50] | Cereal. | 麦片 |
[33:52] | No. That. | 不是 那个 |
[33:55] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[33:57] | I bought it at the auction. | 我在拍卖会上买的 |
[33:59] | Can I speak to you a minute? | 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[34:07] | What? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 有什么事吗 |
[34:09] | Where are you going in that? | 你打算穿成这样去哪里 |
[34:10] | Swimming. | 游泳 |
[34:12] | You asked me if I like it. I don’t. | 你刚问我我喜不喜欢 说实话 我不喜欢 |
[34:15] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[34:16] | I’m talking about a 15-year-old lifeguard. | 我说的是15岁的救生员 |
[34:19] | I’m talking about a bunch of tennis pros, | 我说的是一帮职业网球手 |
[34:20] | Not to mention all those loafing | 更不用说那些游手好闲 |
[34:22] | millionaires taking the summer off. | 整个夏季不用工作的百万富翁们 |
[34:23] | – Do you want to be ogled? – Oh, Don. | -你想赚回头率吗 -噢 唐 |
[34:25] | Everybody bought one at the auction. | 大家在拍卖会上都买了一件 |
[34:28] | It’s desperate. | 太疯狂了 |
[34:33] | I didn’t know that. | 我以为没什么 |
[34:37] | I have to go. | 我该走了 |
[34:38] | See you tonight. | 晚上见 |
[34:50] | Joan, there you are. | 琼 你在这儿呢 |
[34:53] | Are you aware that I’m on the Playtex account? | 你知道我也是倍得适广告项目的一员吗 |
[34:56] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[34:57] | Please tell the girls | 请告诉那些秘书们 |
[34:58] | I am to be included in all the memos. | 每一份会议记录上必须署上我的名字 |
[35:00] | Sure. For a moment there, I thought you were just another person | 好的 我还以为 你也要过来问我 |
[35:03] | coming to ask me about my brassiere. | 我的胸罩呢 |
[35:06] | Why aren’t I on the list? | 为什么名单上没有我 |
[35:09] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该怎么告诉你 |
[35:10] | I’m not involved in that. | 我毫不知情 |
[35:13] | There’s business going on, and I’m not invited. | 他们开始商谈了 我却被排除在外 |
[35:17] | I’m a good drinker. | 我很能喝 |
[35:19] | What are you asking me? | 为什么你要来问我 |
[35:20] | You know how this office works. | 你知道这是公司的规矩 |
[35:22] | Parts of it. | 略有所知 |
[35:25] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[35:26] | I’ve never had your job. | 我从来没做过你的工作 |
[35:28] | I’ve never wanted it. | 也从来没想过要做 |
[35:30] | You’re in their country. | 你现在跟他们混 |
[35:32] | Learn to speak the language. | 还是跟着他们学规矩吧 |
[35:34] | You don’t talk that way. | 你不遵从他们的做事方式吗 |
[35:35] | I don’t need to. | 我不需要 |
[35:38] | And honestly, | 而且 老实说 |
[35:40] | You’ve never listened to a word I’ve said. | 你从来都是把我的话当耳旁风 |
[35:44] | You want to be taken seriously? | 想让他们把你当回事吗 |
[35:47] | Stop dressing like a little girl. | 别穿得跟个傻姑娘似的 |
[35:53] | Jacqueline Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe. | 杰奎琳·肯尼迪[美国总统肯尼迪之妻] 玛丽莲·梦露 |
[35:56] | Women have feelings about these women | 女人都视这两个女人为偶像 |
[35:58] | Because men do. | 因为男人喜欢她们 |
[36:00] | Because we want both, | 我们希望将这两个女人都拥入怀中 |
[36:02] | they want to be both. | 于是女人们希望能将她们的优点融于一身 |
[36:04] | It’s about how they want to be seen by us… | 实质就是 女人希望给男人留下怎样的形象 |
[36:07] | Their husbands, their boyfriends, | 她们的丈夫 男朋友 |
[36:09] | Their friends’ husbands. | 朋友的丈夫 |
[36:11] | Here’s the idea, very simply. | 这就是我们的创意 很简单 |
[36:13] | The bra is called the harlequin. | 胸罩的名字叫 小丑 |
[36:15] | In fit and form, it should be your very best. | 合身 得体 是你最理想的胸罩 |
[36:18] | It comes in black and white. | 最简单的黑白二色 |
[36:26] | Jackie, Marilyn. | 杰姬 玛丽莲 |
[36:28] | Same incredible fit, two different women. | 不一样的女人 一样地合身 |
[36:32] | And the beauty of it is it’s the same woman, | 最美的地方在于 这是同一个女人 |
[36:34] | The same model. | 同一个模特拍出来的 |
[36:36] | Look at that. It is. | 看看啊 真的很… |
[36:38] | And even if you don’t notice it, | 就算你没有注意到这一点 |
[36:39] | You still get a bit of an “aha” | 看到广告词的时候 |
[36:40] | When you read the copy. | 你就会立刻反应过来 |
[36:42] | “nothing fits both sides of a woman | “女人的双面特色 |
[36:44] | Better than Playtex.” | 只有倍得适才能展示得淋漓尽致 |
[36:49] | It’s a very impressive idea, Don. | 这创意非常棒 唐 |
[36:52] | I like the girl. | 我喜欢那个女孩 |
[36:55] | So will your customers. | 你的顾客也会喜欢的 |
[36:56] | It’s a very flattering mirror. | 这简直是面招人喜欢的镜子 |
[36:58] | This definitely moves you into Maidenform’s neighborhood. | 这绝对足以让你们和美顿芳平分秋色 |
[37:02] | But sales have been so good | 我们的销量一直很好 |
[37:05] | When we talk about how well our brassieres fit. | 因为我们生产的胸罩很合身 |
[37:08] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[37:11] | We were talking in the cab on the way over. | 我们乘车过来的路上就在想 |
[37:14] | Let Maidenform have women’s imaginations. | 就让女人的梦想继续停留在美顿芳身上吧 |
[37:18] | We’ll take their money. | 我们只要赚到她们的钱就够了 |
[37:21] | I couldn’t have said it better myself. | 甚合我意 |
[37:24] | Well, I apologize for the goose chase. | 抱歉 让你们白忙一场 |
[37:27] | We’re very sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[37:29] | No one else can have this campaign, right? | 这个创意不会用在别的胸罩公司身上吧 |
[37:32] | It’s yours. | 它是你的 |
[37:33] | We’ll keep it on file for you. | 我们会为你们留下来的 |
[37:37] | A pleasure. | 很荣幸 |
[37:38] | – Thanks again. – Thanks for coming in. | -再次感谢 -谢谢光临 |
[37:41] | That was a waste of inspiration. | 真是浪费灵感 |
[37:44] | These people. | 这些家伙 |
[37:46] | Don’t worry. It’s not your fault. | 别担心 不是你的错 |
[37:48] | They made up their minds on the way over. | 他们来的时候就做好决定了 |
[37:50] | Why put up a fight? | 现在努力有什么用 |
[37:52] | I think we bought a couple years of security. | 我想我们接下来几年都不用劳神了 |
[37:54] | If they ever decide they want to go that way, | 如果他们想那样做 |
[37:56] | They know we can do it. | 他们知道我们有能力做到 |
[37:59] | Listen, we would love to show our appreciation | 听着 我们希望表达一下谢意 |
[38:02] | By entertaining you gentlemen tonight. | 今天晚上各位尽情娱乐 |
[38:04] | And you can put it on our bill. | 所有费用一律由我们公司承担 |
[38:06] | Make sure Don knows he’s invited. | 记得转告他 我们希望他也能来参加 |
[38:08] | Where should we go? | 去哪儿娱乐呢 |
[38:10] | Surprise us. | 你们做主吧 |
[38:11] | If we were to take you to see some girls in their underwear, | 如果我们带你们去看内衣舞娘 |
[38:14] | Would you feel like you’re at work? | 你们会不会觉得仍是在工作呢 |
[38:17] | No. That sounds good. | 不会 听起来很不错 |
[38:18] | Well, let us clear the decks. | 好吧 我们先把工作解决了 |
[38:19] | 6:30 at the Tom-Tom. | 6点半在汤姆-汤姆俱乐部见 |
[38:21] | That’s on 44th and 8th. | 就在44街和第8街交界处 |
[38:23] | We will be there, and the tab will be open. | 我们一定准时到场 请大家尽情狂欢 |
[38:27] | I’m going to go tell Campbell. | 我去通知坎贝尔 |
[38:29] | Take care. | 保重 |
[38:30] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到您 |
[38:31] | – See you there. – Bye-Bye. | -到时见 -再见 |
[38:50] | Mr. Phillips. | 菲利普斯先生 |
[38:52] | We have artwork in the evening papers, son, | 我们要在晚报上登广告插图 |
[38:54] | And I don’t have them. | 可我现在还没见着 |
[38:55] | Someone’s supposed to put them on my desk, | 此刻它应该出现在我的桌面上才对 |
[38:56] | Friday or not. | 不管今天是不是周五 |
[38:57] | Should I get some? | 要我去拿吗 |
[38:59] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[39:02] | I’ll be right back. | 马上回来 |
[40:20] | It’s flattering to be able to keep you interested. | 能让你对我兴趣不减 真是一种荣幸 |
[40:24] | Stop talking. | 别说话 |
[40:48] | Why don’t you want me to talk? | 为什么不想让我说话 |
[40:52] | You know you want me to. | 你知道你想听的 |
[40:55] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[40:57] | You do. | 是的 |
[41:11] | Touch me. | 抚摸我 |
[41:13] | No. | 不 |
[41:23] | Don’t stop torturing me. | 折磨我吧 |
[41:26] | I want the full Don Draper treatment. | 我要得到唐·德雷柏的”全力招待” |
[41:29] | You’re spoiling the mood. | 气氛都被你破坏了 |
[41:30] | I wanted it, and I got it, | 我心怀渴望 然后得到满足 |
[41:32] | And it’s better than they said. | 比她们说的要好多了 |
[41:35] | What? | 什么 |
[41:39] | Have no fear. | 别害怕 |
[41:41] | You’re known as a connoisseur. | 你是个情欲高手 |
[41:45] | You have lots of fans. | 迷恋你的人数不胜数 |
[41:47] | Are you talking about me? | 你说的是我吗 |
[41:49] | I wasn’t, no. | 当然不是 |
[41:51] | Well, who was? | 那是谁 |
[41:52] | What? | 什么 |
[41:57] | Who? | 谁 |
[41:59] | Sarah Tierney at Random House. | 兰登书屋的萨拉·蒂尔尼[全球杰出图书出版商] |
[42:07] | I don’t know who you’re talking about. | 我不知道你说的是谁 |
[42:09] | Stop. | 够了 |
[42:12] | This is nobody’s maiden voyage here, | 这又不是我们的第一次 |
[42:15] | Handsome. | 俊男 |
[42:19] | You have a reputation. | 你已名声在外了 |
[42:22] | Enjoy it. | 好好享受吧 |
[42:32] | Does it make you feel better to think that I’m like you? | 把我和你当做同一种人 是不是会让你好受一些 |
[42:46] | My goodness. | 天啊 |
[42:49] | Gloves come off. | 你终于露出真面目了 |
[42:59] | I like this. | 我非常喜欢 |
[43:00] | You want to blindfold me? | 你想蒙上我的眼睛吗 |
[43:07] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[43:10] | Are you going? | 你要走了吗 |
[43:15] | I told you to stop talking. | 我告诉过你不要说话的 |
[43:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:54] | People are going to think you’re the mayor. | 大家都以为你是市长呢 |
[44:12] | Hey, look, it’s Peggy. | 看 是佩奇 |
[44:14] | What are you doing here? | 你到这儿来干什么呢 |
[44:16] | I don’t know. I heard we were celebrating. | 我不知道 我听说你们在庆祝 |
[44:18] | I thought I’d stop by. | 我想我最好也来看看 |
[44:19] | Did you now? | 真的吗 |
[44:21] | – Stay for one drink. – Okay. | -坐下喝一杯吧 -好 |
[44:22] | You’re staying all night, honey. | 宝贝 我要你整晚都坐在这儿 |
[44:25] | Now you got the best seat in the house. | 这可是全场最好的”座位” |
[44:27] | Tell me what you want for christmas. | 告诉我你圣诞节想要什么礼物 |
[45:35] | What do you want for breakfast? | 你早餐想吃什么 |
[45:37] | Grapefruit. | 葡萄柚 |
[45:50] | Hey, Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[45:53] | Hey, you. | 嘿 小家伙 |
[46:03] | I’m not going to talk. | 我不会说话的 |
[46:05] | I don’t want you to cut yourself. | 我不想你把自己割伤 |
[46:32] | Are you okay, Daddy? | 你没事吧 爸爸 |
[46:37] | You know what, Sally? | 你知道吗 萨丽 |
[46:37] | I think you better leave me alone. | 我想你最好让我一个人静一静 |