时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:01] | Afraid you’ll fall in love? | 担心你会爱上它吗 |
[01:04] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[01:06] | Well, I can see you have good taste. | 看得出来你的品味很好 |
[01:08] | This is the one. | 这就你想要的 |
[01:09] | 1962 Coupe de Ville. | 1962年产凯迪拉克威乐双门小轿车 |
[01:12] | Does everything but make breakfast. | 除了做早饭 什么都会 |
[01:14] | What are you in now? | 你现在开什么车 |
[01:16] | I had a Dodge. | 我有一辆道奇 |
[01:18] | Those are wonderful if you want to get somewhere. | 那种车很适合还在为生计奋斗的人开 |
[01:21] | This is for when you’ve already arrived. | 而这辆车是专为功成名就的人设计的 |
[01:23] | Is that right? | 是这样的吗 |
[01:25] | Of course, someone like you, | 当然 像你这样的人 |
[01:26] | You don’t need to see yourself in a Cadillac. | 是不需要用卡迪拉克来显示身份 |
[01:29] | You’re walking about in one every day. | 你已经够显赫了 |
[01:32] | How’d you like your car to look like that? | 你不想让你的车也沾染同样的风采吗 |
[01:36] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[01:37] | I bet you’d be as comfortable in one of these | 我打赌 你在这辆车里将会舒适无比 |
[01:39] | As you would in your own skin. | 您将忘却一切疲惫 感知真我的存在 |
[01:43] | Wayne Kirkby. Do you have a card? | 我叫韦恩·柯克比 你有名片吗 |
[01:50] | Sterling Cooper. | 斯特林库珀公司的 |
[01:51] | Did Roger Sterling send you? | 罗杰·斯特林推荐你来的吗 |
[01:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:55] | Let me go and get the keys, Mr. Draper. | 我去拿车钥匙 德雷柏先生 |
[02:19] | Don’t you want to hold onto these? | 你不想一直拥有这些东西吗 |
[02:20] | I don’t know. The ’49 rattled. | 我不知道 49年的车型噪声很大 |
[02:23] | This is the 1950 model. | 这是1950年的车型 |
[02:25] | It’s quite different under the hood. | 它的引擎可和别的车不一样 |
[02:27] | Don’t talk to me. | 跟我说没用 |
[02:28] | Talk to him. It’s his money. | 跟他说 那是他的钱 |
[02:30] | I’m just here to make sure | 我来这只是为了确保 |
[02:31] | you don’t shake his hand and take his fingers. | 你不是在蒙他的钱 |
[02:34] | Charlie, this car is two years old with only 25,000 miles on it. | 查理 这辆车用了两年 行驶里程只有25000英里 |
[02:38] | It’s what you want. | 这正是你想要的 |
[02:43] | This must be Mrs. Wheatley. | 这位一定是惠特利太太吧 |
[02:46] | No. | 不是 |
[02:54] | Why don’t you sit in it again? | 你可以再去感受一下 |
[02:56] | You two talk. | 你们慢慢商量 |
[03:00] | May I help you, ma’am? | 有什么事吗 女士 |
[03:02] | Are you Donald Draper? | 你是唐纳德·德雷柏吗 |
[03:04] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[03:06] | If it’s about my circular, | 如果你想问关于广告上登出的车型 |
[03:08] | Many of the models are gone, | 很多车已经卖空了 |
[03:09] | But I’m sure we can find you something. | 但我相信一定能帮你找到满意的 |
[03:12] | I’m not here to buy a car. | 我不是来买车的 |
[03:16] | You’re a hard man to find. | 你可真让人难找 |
[03:18] | Excuse me? | 你什么意思 |
[03:21] | You’re not Don Draper. | 你不是唐·德雷柏 |
[03:25] | Mr. Draper? Mr. Draper? | 德雷柏先生 德雷柏先生 |
[03:29] | Everything okay? | 没什么问题吧 |
[03:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:32] | Let me take you for a ride. | 让我带你出去兜一圈 |
[03:35] | No. | 不了 |
[03:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:39] | I don’t hear that a lot. | 很少有人会拒绝的 |
[03:41] | Well. Have a good day. | 祝你有个愉快的一天 |
[03:59] | Good afternoon, Miss Siegal. | 下午好 西格尔小姐 |
[04:00] | Mr. Sterling. | 斯特林先生 |
[04:03] | Is your boss in? | 你老板在吗 |
[04:04] | No, but he will be. | 还没有 但他就快回来了 |
[04:06] | Where’d you get that sweater? | 你这件毛衣在哪买的 |
[04:08] | I want to make sure my daughter never buys it. | 我希望我女儿永远买不到这样的衣服 |
[04:11] | Klein’s. | 在克莱因店买的[即著名的CK品牌] |
[04:13] | I doubt your daughter shops there. | 我估计你女儿不会去那儿买东西 |
[04:14] | Union Square, right? Is that where you live? | 那家店在联合广场对吧 你住那儿吗 |
[04:17] | I’ve told you, all you have to do is look at my file. | 我告诉过你的 你只要看我的简历就行了 |
[04:19] | That’s cheating. | 这可是作弊 |
[04:24] | How was your lunch, Mr. Draper? | 午饭吃的还好吧 德雷柏先生 |
[04:26] | Good. | 不错 |
[04:27] | Mr. Sterling’s here to see you. | 斯特林先生想见你 |
[04:29] | Get Mr. Phillips. | 把菲利普斯先生给我找来 |
[04:31] | Mr. Draper, Mrs. Barrett called again. | 德雷柏先生 巴雷特太太又打电话来了 |
[04:34] | Did she leave a message? | 她留言了吗 |
[04:35] | No. | 没有 |
[04:36] | Shall I tell Mr. Phillips you returned? | 要我去告诉菲利普斯先生你回来了吗 |
[04:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:44] | I’ll bet she suffers in silence out there, | 我打赌她在外面寂寞无助 |
[04:46] | Hoping you’ll notice her. | 期望着你能注意到她 |
[04:47] | I don’t think she cries at night from lack of attention. | 我不认为她会因为缺少关注而整夜哭泣 |
[04:51] | Wait till she finds out about your Cadillac. | 等她注意到你的卡迪拉克 |
[04:52] | She’ll be waiting naked right in front of this window. | 她就会脱光了等在门外了 |
[04:57] | Now you’re thinking about her. | 现在你忍不住开始考虑她了 |
[04:59] | Didn’t you go see Wayne? | 你去找过韦恩了吗 |
[05:02] | I’m going to eliminate your objections right away. | 我现在就要打消你的顾虑 |
[05:04] | First of all, you can afford it. | 第一 你买得起 |
[05:07] | Do you know how invigorating it is | 你知道那有多爽吗 |
[05:09] | To go in and write a check | 阔步走进汽车店铺 签一张 |
[05:11] | For $6,500 and not care? | 6500美元的支票 却完全不在乎 |
[05:13] | Secondly, | 第二 |
[05:15] | Not to get too deep before the cocktail hour, | 在夜生活开始之前我不想搞得太深奥 |
[05:17] | But do I need to remind you of the finite nature of life? | 但是我应该提醒你 生命苦短 |
[05:23] | Mr. Phillips. | 菲利普斯先生来了 |
[05:26] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[05:27] | Like the song says, enjoy yourself. | 像歌里唱的 及时享乐 |
[05:29] | It’s later than you think. | 欢乐时光总比你期望的要来的更晚 |
[05:31] | Martinson Coffee. | 马丁森咖啡 |
[05:33] | Martinson’s. | 马丁森氏咖啡 |
[05:34] | They changed it. | 他们改了 |
[05:35] | Change it back. | 让他们改回来 |
[05:37] | Jim Van Dyke told the people at Grey they’re under review. | 吉姆·范·戴克告诉格雷手下的人他们还在审查 |
[05:40] | So Grey must be scrambling. | 格雷估计一定抓狂了吧 |
[05:42] | It’s hard for them to do a lot of new work. | 让他们做这么多新的项目是不容易 |
[05:43] | They just redesigned labels, | 他们不过是重新设计了商标 |
[05:46] | Displays, and dropped the S, | 柜台展示 去掉了那个字母S |
[05:47] | but they have some kids working on print and TV. | 但是他们派年轻人做电视和出版物的广告 |
[05:49] | Are they better than our kids? | 那些人比我们这的年轻人要好吗 |
[05:51] | We’ll find out. | 走着瞧好了 |
[05:53] | Well, you’re welcome. | 你有闲情自己去比较好了 |
[05:54] | I spent Saturday birding with that man, | 我整个周六都在和那个人一块观鸟 |
[05:56] | And by birding I mean sitting on a stump | 我是说我们一起坐在一个树桩上 |
[05:57] | With a pair of binoculars, whispering. | 拿着望远镜小声讨论 |
[05:59] | Did you see anything unusual? | 你看到什么奇特的东西了吗 |
[06:02] | A refrigerator floating in a pond. | 一个冰箱飘在湖面上 |
[06:06] | Mr. Smith and Mr. Smith are here. | 两位史密斯先生来了 |
[06:08] | Just a minute. | 马上就好 |
[06:09] | Did you let them stay up late? | 你让他们熬夜做这个吗 |
[06:12] | – I’d love to hear this. – I don’t know. | -我真想听听 -我不知道 |
[06:14] | If I fill you full of | 如果我接着鼓励你的话 |
[06:15] | Any more confidence, you’ll burst. | 你就要自满的爆炸了 |
[06:21] | You don’t dance, or you don’t dance with me? | 你不会跳舞 还是你不愿意和我跳舞 |
[06:24] | Leave her alone. Let’s go. | 别骚扰她 进来 |
[06:26] | Heard you’re gonna knock’em dead. | 听说你准备把他们打得落花流水 |
[06:36] | Look, Don, it’s pretty clear why we’re here. | 听着唐 你叫我们来的原因很明确 |
[06:39] | You want to know how our generation feels. | 你想知道我们这一代人的想法 |
[06:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:43] | So, I get this letter from my friend back in Michigan. | 我接到一个在密西根的朋友的信 |
[06:45] | He’s still in school, man, | 他还在上学 |
[06:47] | And it’s got this, I don’t know, | 他给我寄了这个 我不知道 |
[06:49] | 60-page rant in it. | 长达60页的激情陈述 |
[06:52] | So dig it. | 好好听着 |
[06:54] | “We would replace power rooted in possession, | “那些来自于财产 特权 |
[06:57] | Privilege, or circumstance by power and uniqueness | 和天命的力量 终将被来自于 |
[07:02] | Rooted in love, reflectiveness, Reason, and creativity.” | 博爱 深思 理智和创造力的力量所取代” |
[07:06] | That’s a beautiful sentiment. | 这是一个非常好的想法 |
[07:08] | Does your friend know what you do for a living? | 你朋友知道你是做什么的吗 |
[07:10] | Yeah, there was a shitty note with it, | 知道 但是他不怎么喜欢 |
[07:13] | But this whole concept is deep. | 但是这个概念是非常有深度的 |
[07:22] | “Students for a Democratic Society.” | “为了社会民主而奋斗的学生们” |
[07:24] | That’s a hell of a focus group. | 真是典型的焦点小组式研究方法 |
[07:26] | It’s how our generation feels. | 我们这一代人就这么想 |
[07:29] | It is what it is. | 直面事物的内部真相 |
[07:33] | It’s idealistic. | 太理想主义了 |
[07:36] | That’s nice. | 听着不错 |
[07:37] | Your generation wants to talk about | 你们那一代就想着谈论 |
[07:39] | That newly designed can and the premium beans, | 新设计的罐头和优质大豆 |
[07:42] | But we don’t want to be told what we should do | 但是我们不想听别人发号施令 |
[07:44] | Or how we should act. | 也不想别人教我们如何去应对 |
[07:45] | We just want to be. | 我们只是想做自己 |
[07:47] | You just want to be selling Martinson’s Coffee? | 你们就想去卖马丁森氏咖啡吗 |
[07:52] | Just listen to this. | 先听听这个 |
[08:04] | So, the thought is, | 关于这个产品的想法就是 |
[08:06] | Every maternity ward will get a visit from a registered nurse | 护士会到每个产科病房 |
[08:10] | With a doll and a crate of Pampers, | 给她们一个娃娃和一箱帮宝适 |
[08:12] | And she will extol their virtues, which are many. | 而且护士会大力赞赏这玩意儿的神奇功能 |
[08:16] | What did Draper say? | 德雷柏觉得怎么样 |
[08:17] | He liked it, | 他挺喜欢的 |
[08:19] | But he said the same thing he keeps saying. | 但是他一直在说那几句老话 |
[08:21] | I can’t get them to lower the price. | 我没办法叫他们继续降价了 |
[08:23] | Do you know the years of R&D P&G put into this? | 你知道保洁公司研究这个用了多少年吗 |
[08:26] | Besides, they’re worth it. | 而且 这是值得的 |
[08:28] | No boiling, no diaper service, | 不用煮沸 不用整天换尿布 |
[08:29] | No plastic pants. | 不用塑料裤子 |
[08:30] | And the greatest benefit of all, you can throw them away. | 最方便的是 你可以用完就扔 |
[08:33] | 10 cents a piece, | 10美分一件 |
[08:34] | You kind of think you should reuse them. | 你会忍不住想要重复使用它 |
[08:37] | Mr. Draper went over these ideas | 德雷柏先生看过这些创意了 |
[08:39] | And had thoughts he would like you all to discuss. | 这些意见希望你们能讨论一下 |
[08:44] | Well, it’s 5:00. Are we going out? | 五点了 我们该走了吗 |
[08:46] | I don’t know, sweetheart. | 我不知道 亲爱的 |
[08:47] | Maybe. | 没准 |
[08:49] | I’ll take those papers. | 我来弄这些文件 |
[08:50] | Good night, Miss Olson. | 晚安 奥尔森小姐 |
[08:51] | Jane, would you mind helping us clean this up? | 简 能帮我清理一下吗 |
[08:57] | I’m meeting with Cooper tomorrow. | 我明天准备去见库珀 |
[08:58] | He said he wants to see me and only me. | 他说他只想单独见我一个人 |
[09:00] | Isn’t that from West Side Story? | 这不是《西区故事》里的台词吗 |
[09:03] | You know he’s going to ask you about the picture. | 你知道他准会问那个图的事 |
[09:05] | What picture? | 什么图 |
[09:07] | Some new painting. | 那些新的画 |
[09:08] | He calls people in to see what they think. | 他叫了人去看 询问他们的看法 |
[09:11] | No, I think we’re going to discuss | 不 我想我们会讨论 |
[09:13] | Expanding the television department. | 是不是应该扩大电视部 |
[09:15] | I heard it cost $10,000. | 我听说那要花上1万美元 |
[09:17] | How does everybody know about this? | 为什么大家都这么说 |
[09:19] | Are you making it up? | 是你瞎编的吗 |
[09:21] | Last year, Harry went up to the roof looking for cosmonauts. | 去年 哈里跑到房顶上去看宇航员 |
[09:26] | Has anyone seen it? | 有谁看过吗 |
[09:27] | Dale. | 戴尔 |
[09:30] | It’s abstract expressionist. | 那是抽象表现主义 |
[09:32] | What the hell does that mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[09:34] | Thank you all for ruining this. | 谢谢你把这事搞砸了 |
[09:36] | You’re the one who walked to the opposite end of the office | 是你走到办公室的尽头 |
[09:38] | To tell us you had a meeting. | 然后告诉我们你有会要开 |
[09:40] | Well, if you’re lucky, | 好吧 你要是够幸运的话 |
[09:42] | You’ll have a meeting. | 你也会有个会要开 |
[09:43] | And I’m not going to tell you anything about the damn picture. | 而且我不会告诉你任何关于画的事 |
[09:46] | Why don’t you just go look at it? | 为什么你们不自己去看看 |
[09:52] | I’m sorry, Jane, | 对不起 简 |
[09:54] | But you just don’t walk into his office like that. | 你不能就那么进他的办公室 |
[09:56] | But he’s gone for the day. | 但是他今天已经下班了 |
[09:57] | That doesn’t matter. | 那又怎么样 |
[09:59] | Miss Blankenship won’t mind. | 布兰肯希普小姐不会介意的 |
[10:03] | I’m going to go up and see it. | 我要去看看 |
[10:10] | I’ll go anywhere you go. | 你去哪我就去哪 |
[10:25] | Well, she’s gone. | 好的 她已经走了 |
[10:26] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[10:29] | It’s open. | 门开着 |
[10:31] | Are you suicidal? Let’s go. | 你想找死吗 赶紧走吧 |
[10:34] | I can’t believe you all. | 你们真让我失望 |
[10:39] | Take off your shoes. | 把鞋脱了 |
[10:42] | I feel like we’re skinny dipping. | 我觉得我们像在裸泳一样 |
[10:44] | Call me from jail. | 你就等着坐牢吧 |
[10:47] | You’re gonna keep a lookout? | 你们去看着门 |
[10:58] | Just don’t touch anything. | 什么都别碰 |
[11:00] | It’s a Rothko. | 是罗斯科的作品[美国抽象表现主义画家] |
[11:01] | Why the hell didn’t Dale say that? | 戴尔为什么什么都不说 |
[11:05] | $10,000. | 1万美元 |
[11:10] | So it’s smudgy squares? | 一堆模糊的方块 |
[11:12] | That’s interesting. | 非常有趣 |
[11:15] | Two possibilities… | 两种可能 |
[11:16] | Either Cooper loves it, | 要不库珀喜欢这个 |
[11:18] | And you have to love it, | 然后你必须也跟着喜欢 |
[11:20] | Like in an “Emperor’s New Clothes” situation, | 就像皇帝的新衣那样 |
[11:24] | Or he thinks it’s a joke | 要不就是他觉得这是个玩笑 |
[11:26] | And you’ll look like a fool if you pretend to dig it. | 如果你假装有深度 你就是个蠢蛋 |
[11:28] | People like him pretend they understand this. | 人们喜欢假装他们懂这类东西 |
[11:31] | Maybe he has a brochure in here, something that explains it. | 也许他有个说明什么的 能解释一下 |
[11:35] | I don’t think it’s supposed to be explained. | 我不认为这有什么好解释的 |
[11:36] | I’m an artist, okay? | 我是个艺术家好不好 |
[11:38] | It must mean something. | 这肯定有特别的意义 |
[11:41] | Maybe it doesn’t. | 也许没有 |
[11:42] | Maybe you’re just supposed to experience it. | 也许你只需要感受一下就好 |
[11:44] | Because when you look at it, you do feel something, right? | 当你观赏它的时候 你会感觉到什么 对吧 |
[11:49] | It’s like looking into something very deep. | 它看起来很深奥 |
[11:56] | You could fall in. | 你可能会彻底地沉迷 |
[11:59] | That’s true. | 说的不错 |
[12:01] | Did someone tell you that? | 有人告诉你这个吗 |
[12:03] | How could someone tell you that? | 别人怎么会告诉我这个 |
[12:05] | This is pointless. Let’s go. | 这一点意义都没有 走吧 |
[12:06] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[12:22] | Harry actually took the stairs. | 哈里竟然走了楼梯 |
[12:25] | We could have stolen it, couldn’t we? | 其实我们可以把画偷出来 是吧 |
[12:28] | Who are you? | 你以为你是谁 |
[12:30] | I was thinking I could write a great short story about this… | 我想我能把这个写成一个不错的小说 |
[12:33] | You know, “The Day We Looked at the Painting.” | “我们赏画的日子” |
[12:36] | I’m a writer. | 我是一个作家 |
[12:38] | I thought you were an accountant. | 我以为你是个会计师 |
[12:41] | Accounts. | 是业务员 |
[12:42] | I’ve been published. | 我发表过作品的 |
[12:44] | The Atlantic Monthly, Parabolas. | 《大西洋月刊》 《抛物线》 |
[12:46] | That’s right. The story about the maple tree. | 是的 那个关于枫树的故事 |
[12:49] | It was beautiful and sad. | 非常美丽而忧伤的故事 |
[12:51] | Really? You read it? | 是吗 你读过了吗 |
[12:53] | Everybody read it. | 我们都看过了 |
[12:55] | People were jealous. | 大家都很嫉妒 |
[12:59] | Where are you headed? Are you hungry? | 你准备去哪 饿了吗 |
[13:00] | No. Good night. | 不 晚安 |
[13:15] | You’re still working here. | 你还在这工作 |
[13:18] | You missed something, my yellow-bellied friend. | 你错过了 胆小的家伙 |
[13:20] | Jane Siegal is a genuine thrill. | 简·西格尔真是个尤物 |
[13:23] | Breaking and entering. | 我打算俘获她的芳心 |
[13:24] | I don’t care about Jane. | 我才不关心什么简呢 |
[13:26] | Tell me about Coop’s painting. | 说说库珀的画 |
[13:28] | What about Mr. Cooper’s painting? | 库珀的画怎么了 |
[13:38] | Enjoy that. | 你好好享用吧 |
[13:40] | Can I get another coffee here, please? | 能再给我来一杯吗 |
[13:43] | I’ll tell you what I heard. | 我来告诉你我都听到什么了 |
[13:45] | You, Mr. Cosgrove, and Jane | 你 科斯格罗夫先生还有简 |
[13:47] | Were in Mr. Cooper’s office looking at his painting. | 到库珀先生的办公室看他的画 |
[13:49] | Anything you’d like to correct? | 有什么要纠正的吗 |
[13:51] | Mind your own business. | 少管闲事 |
[13:59] | I had nothing to do with it. | 我跟这事一点关系都没有 |
[14:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:04] | Nothing happened. | 什么都没发生 |
[14:13] | Look, if Kurt says we don’t need artwork, | 听着 如果库特说我们不需要艺术作品 |
[14:15] | We don’t need artwork. | 那么我们就不要艺术作品 |
[14:16] | Is that what Kurt said? | 库特是这么说的吗 |
[14:18] | Is that what you said? | 是你这么说的吧 |
[14:19] | Don has his signature. | 唐已经签过字了 |
[14:22] | It’s nice down here. | 这真不错 |
[14:24] | – Hey – Kenneth. | -大家好啊 -肯尼斯 |
[14:26] | 3:00, and he doesn’t talk in the meeting. | 三点开会 不许他发言 |
[14:33] | How about last night? | 昨天晚上发生什么了 |
[14:35] | Quite an adventure. | 非常惊险 |
[14:38] | Listen, I was thinking about | 听着 我在想 你之前跟我说过 |
[14:40] | What you said about my story, | 关于我写的作品的事 |
[14:42] | About it being sad and beautiful? | 美丽而忧伤 |
[14:46] | You’re not like everyone else around here. | 你跟其他人不一样 |
[14:48] | I don’t know if that’s true. | 我不知道是不是这样 |
[14:54] | Okay. Here goes. | 好了 拿着 |
[14:57] | Would you mind taking a look at this? | 你介意花点时间看看这个吗 |
[15:01] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[15:03] | I don’t want you to pull any punches. | 我不希望你跟我有所保留 |
[15:05] | Unless you hate it, | 除非你讨厌这个 |
[15:06] | In which case, don’t tell me. | 那样的话 就别跟我说了 |
[15:08] | I’m kind of fragile. | 我很脆弱的 |
[15:11] | I’d be honored. | 我很荣幸看你的作品 |
[15:13] | Well, great, then. | 那就好了 |
[15:15] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[15:17] | Ken. | 肯 |
[15:19] | Yeah. | 怎么了 |
[15:21] | You know, I can probably read it by Sunday, | 我估计周日就能看完 |
[15:24] | And you can come over for dinner, | 你可以过来吃晚饭 |
[15:25] | You know, with Kitty and I. | 和我 还有凯蒂 |
[15:28] | I know you need a home-cooked meal. | 我知道你需要一个家庭晚餐 |
[15:30] | You have plans? | 你有别的计划了吗 |
[15:31] | No. | 没有 |
[15:33] | Are you sure it’s okay? | 你确定这样好吗 |
[15:35] | You want me to give this back? | 你还想拿回这个吗 |
[15:43] | Young people do not drink coffee, | 年轻人不喝咖啡 |
[15:46] | And that can become a lifetime habit. | 而这可以变成一种长期习惯 |
[15:48] | Now, we’re aware | 我们现在明白 |
[15:50] | That unsuccessful attempts have been made… | 之前的计划没有任何效果 |
[15:53] | puppets and so forth… | 诸如木偶之类的广告计划 |
[15:55] | To capture the attention of youth. | 必须抓住年轻人的注意力 |
[15:59] | That’s why we’re here. | 我们来这就是为了这个 |
[16:01] | There is an old saying | 有句古话是这么说的 |
[16:03] | When one is in Indian country, | 当一个人在印度 |
[16:06] | one needs a man who knows Indians. | 他需要会说印度语的人来帮助他 |
[16:09] | Mr. Smith? | 史密斯先生 |
[16:14] | So. | 那么 |
[16:15] | Where do we start? | 我们从哪里开始 |
[16:17] | Joe Martinson. | 乔·马丁森 |
[16:18] | Old cup of Joe. | 老乔咖啡 |
[16:20] | They named it after him, right? | 他们以他的名字来命名的 对吧 |
[16:22] | That’s just ancient history now. | 这是老掉牙的故事了 |
[16:25] | There have been a million ways that the folks on this avenue | 这条大道上 人们试图用无数的方法 |
[16:27] | Have tried to tell our generation what to do. | 来告诉我们这代人去做什么事 |
[16:30] | Except we don’t want to be told what to do. | 但是我们不想听别人发号施令 |
[16:32] | That’s over. | 那个时代已经结束了 |
[16:36] | We want to find things for ourselves. | 我们想追求自己的理想 |
[16:39] | We want to feel. | 我们想去自己感受 |
[16:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:44] | Martinson’s is a great coffee. | 马丁森咖啡很好 |
[16:47] | It’s delicious, and it’s hot, and it’s brown. | 美味 暖人 浓香 |
[16:50] | That’s all you need to say. | 你这么说就够了 |
[16:52] | We don’t need more than that. | 在此之外 我们不需要另外的修饰 |
[16:55] | Peggy. Sweetheart? | 佩奇 亲爱的 |
[17:27] | I don’t know if I understand this. | 我不知道我是不是明白了 |
[17:29] | It’s a jingle, right? | 这是个广告歌 对吧 |
[17:30] | It’s a song, and it’s a mood, | 是一首歌 一种情绪 |
[17:34] | And it’s a feeling. | 一种感觉 |
[17:35] | It’s definitely more than a jingle. | 这绝对不仅仅是一首广告歌 |
[17:39] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[17:41] | It stays with you. | 它会萦绕在你耳边 |
[17:45] | What are the pictures that go with this? | 那它的配图呢 |
[17:47] | If you sign, we’ll tell you. | 如果你签了 我们会告诉你的 |
[18:01] | So Media Purchases. | 媒体采购 |
[18:04] | Starting in March, I’m looking at column 5, | 从三月份开始 看第五栏 |
[18:08] | Under Regional Affiliates. | 区域的报刊分支 |
[18:14] | Mr. Crane, focus, please. | 克雷恩先生 请集中注意力 |
[18:17] | We didn’t make you head of television | 我们让你当上电视部的主管 |
[18:19] | Just to shorten your attention span. | 可不是为了让你经常走神 |
[18:21] | I’m sorry, sir. | 对不起 先生 |
[18:22] | I was admiring your painting. | 我在欣赏您收藏的画作 |
[18:26] | The eye is drawn to it. | 人们总是情不自禁地看两眼 |
[18:31] | It’s very modern. | 非常的现代 |
[18:33] | Mark Rothko. I’ve read about him. | 马克·罗斯科 我在报上读过他的消息 |
[18:35] | And? | 还有呢 |
[18:38] | What do you think about it? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[18:43] | Nobody has ever asked me that. | 从来没有人问过我这个 |
[18:47] | Probably because it’s none of their business. | 估计是因为这跟他们都没关系 |
[18:52] | Right. | 我想也是 |
[18:56] | How does it strike you? | 它为什么让你痴迷 |
[19:00] | Sir, I know nothing about art. | 先生 我对艺术一点也不了解 |
[19:03] | Mr. Crane, you’re here because of numbers. | 克雷恩先生 你来这是为了数字 |
[19:06] | Stick to that. | 集中注意力在那上面 |
[19:08] | Don’t concern yourself with aesthetics. | 不要整天想着艺术 |
[19:11] | You’ll get a headache. | 你会头疼的 |
[19:14] | Of course. | 当然 |
[19:20] | People buy things to realize their aspirations. | 人们买这些东西来激发他们的灵感 |
[19:24] | It’s the foundation of our business. | 这是我们这行的基石 |
[19:29] | But between you and me and the lamppost, | 但是我私下可以向你透露一下 |
[19:31] | That thing should double in value by next Christmas. | 它的价值会在下个圣诞节之前翻倍 |
[19:40] | Where were we? | 我们刚刚刚说到哪了 |
[19:42] | Column 5 here…Regional Newspaper Affiliates. | 第五栏 区域的报刊分支 |
[19:49] | Your hair is turning green. | 你的头发变绿了 |
[19:51] | You have to wear the bathing cap. | 你一定要带浴帽 |
[19:53] | It squeezes my head. | 那个总夹着我的头 |
[20:01] | Don’t leave your wet suit on the floor. | 别把你的湿衣服拖到地下 |
[20:04] | Draper residence. | 这里是德雷柏家 |
[20:05] | Is this the belle of the Hudson River Valley? | 是哈德逊河流域的美女吗 |
[20:07] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[20:10] | It’s Jimmy Barrett, sweetheart. | 我是吉米·巴雷特 亲爱的 |
[20:13] | Mr. Barrett. | 巴雷特先生 |
[20:17] | Are you looking for Don? | 你找唐吗 |
[20:18] | Because he’s at the office. | 他在他的办公室 |
[20:21] | I know exactly what I’m doing. | 我十分清楚我现在做什么 |
[20:23] | ABC picked up Grin and Barrett, | ABC电视台预定了《格林和巴雷特》 |
[20:25] | My TV show, 39 episodes. | 我的新节目 39集 |
[20:28] | That’s wonderful. Congratulations. | 太好了 祝贺你 |
[20:32] | We’re having a shindig at the Stork Club. | 我们在斯托克俱乐部有个盛大的舞会 |
[20:34] | Donnie didn’t get back to me, | 唐没有回我的电话 |
[20:35] | So I figured if you’re anything like my wife, | 所以我想 如果你和我妻子一样的话 |
[20:37] | You book the dance card. | 肯定是由你来定舞会的票 |
[20:39] | Monday night, so the celebrities can come. | 周一晚上 名流们都可以来 |
[20:42] | That sounds like fun, | 听起来很有趣 |
[20:43] | But celebrities make me shy. | 但是名流让我害羞 |
[20:46] | Keep playing that, gorgeous. | 接着来啊 美人 |
[20:47] | It works wonders. | 太会说话了 |
[20:50] | I’ll talk to Don about it. | 我会和唐说的 |
[20:52] | Don’t you want to go? | 难道你不想去吗 |
[20:54] | You can’t leave me alone with those people. | 你不能让我一个人在那儿 |
[20:57] | Ride the horse in, like Lady Godiva. | 骑着马冲进来吧 就像戈黛娃夫人那样 |
[21:01] | I think I should hang up now. | 我想我该挂了 |
[21:03] | Betty, | 贝蒂 |
[21:04] | It would mean a lot to me if you were there. | 你的出现对我很重要 |
[21:08] | We will try. Have a nice day, Jimmy. | 我们会考虑的 祝你一天愉快 吉米 |
[21:18] | Mr. Phillips. | 菲利普斯先生进来了 |
[21:23] | Right now there’s a little boy | 有个小苦力现在正从 |
[21:24] | Running over here from Martinson Coffee | 马丁森咖啡公司往这儿跑 |
[21:26] | With a check in his hand. | 手里还举着一张支票 |
[21:28] | It’s done. Congratulations. | 都搞定了 祝贺你 |
[21:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:34] | You want me to send for something for you? | 你需要我帮你带什么东西吗 |
[21:36] | No, but don’t let me dampen your spirits. | 不 但是别让我抑制了你的灵感 |
[21:38] | Unfurl the sails, please. | 张开风帆航行吧 |
[21:43] | That was good advance work. | 这次事先工作做得很好 |
[21:45] | That’s my job. | 这是我的工作 |
[21:48] | Maybe we’ll get a shot at LifeSavers. | 也许我们去当救生员也会很成功 |
[21:53] | Mr. Cooper wants to speak with you. | 库珀先生想跟你谈谈 |
[21:57] | We’ll be right there. | 我们马上就过去 |
[21:58] | He just asked for you, Mr. Draper. | 他只要求见你一个人 德雷柏先生 |
[22:11] | Thanks again. | 再次感谢 |
[22:25] | Congratulations, Don. | 祝贺你 唐 |
[22:27] | Sit with us. | 坐过来 |
[22:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:32] | But I didn’t do it alone. | 这不是我一个人的功劳 |
[22:34] | Fascinating. | 非常好 |
[22:36] | Jim Van Dyke of Martinson Coffee was thoroughly impressed. | 马丁森咖啡公司的吉姆·范·戴克非常的满意 |
[22:40] | He’s inviting you to join the board | 他邀请你加入 |
[22:41] | Of the Museum of Early American Folk Arts. | 早期美国民俗艺术馆的董事会 |
[22:44] | That’s nice. | 听起来不错 |
[22:45] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[22:46] | Doesn’t exist yet. | 还没有成立 |
[22:48] | But I’ve seen the opening exhibit. | 但是我看过开馆展览 |
[22:51] | Whirligigs. | 变幻莫测的东西 |
[22:54] | Do they need a campaign? | 他们需要广告吗 |
[22:55] | No. Philanthropy is the gateway to power. | 不 乐善好施就是通向权利的大门 |
[22:59] | If you say so. | 这么说确实很有道理 |
[23:01] | We need you to continue your excellence in advertising, | 我们需要你接着在广告方面好好表现 |
[23:04] | But also to start treating this like part of a bigger business, | 但同时也把这个看成是大事业的一部分 |
[23:07] | Which it is. | 而且事实也正如此 |
[23:10] | I will. | 我会的 |
[23:11] | Do you understand what this means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[23:16] | You’re going to be wearing your tuxedo a lot more. | 你穿晚礼服的次数将大大增加 |
[23:22] | It’s time for the horse to catch the carrot. | 该是大展宏图的时候了 |
[23:30] | Roger, would you mind? | 罗杰 你介意我们单独谈谈吗 |
[23:42] | Would you agree that I know a little bit about you? | 你同意我还是有点了解你的吗 |
[23:48] | A little. | 有点儿 |
[23:50] | There are few people who get to decide | 在我们的业界 |
[23:52] | What will happen in our world. | 只有少数人能决定将会发生什么 |
[23:57] | You have been invited to join them. | 而你被邀请加入这个团体 |
[24:01] | Pull back the curtain and take your seat. | 揭开序幕 严阵以待 |
[24:15] | You’re back. | 你还是又回来了 |
[24:17] | I had a feeling. | 我有一种感觉 |
[24:19] | You want to take it for a drive? | 你想开开吗 |
[24:22] | Wayne, I would like to buy this car. | 韦恩 我想买这车 |
[24:29] | Jane, would you come with me, please? | 简 请你来一下 |
[24:32] | Is something wrong? | 有什么事吗 |
[24:34] | Just tell me. | 告诉我吧 |
[24:35] | You want to have this conversation here? | 你想让我在这儿说吗 |
[24:37] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[24:38] | You broke into Mr. Cooper’s office | 你下班后和一些经理们 |
[24:41] | With some executives after hours. | 闯去库珀先生的办公室 |
[24:43] | That’s not true. | 没这回事 |
[24:45] | I’m not in the habit of making empty accusations. | 我可不会没事乱编这些东西 |
[24:50] | They made me. I had no choice. | 他们逼我去的 我没有选择 |
[24:53] | Please. They’ll do anything you say. | 得了吧 他们听你的还差不多 |
[24:55] | You work for Mr. Draper. | 你可是为德雷柏先生工作的 |
[24:59] | What’s wrong with you? | 你到底怎么了 |
[25:00] | With me? | 我怎么了 |
[25:02] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[25:04] | Are you the only one who’s allowed to have fun around here? | 只有你能在这儿随便玩吗 |
[25:07] | What? | 你说什么 |
[25:08] | Please. I don’t need a mother. | 拜托 我不需要一个妈妈 |
[25:11] | I’m 20 years old. | 我已经20岁了 |
[25:13] | Collect your things. | 收拾你的东西 |
[25:15] | What? | 什么 |
[25:16] | Get your things. | 收拾东西走人 |
[25:19] | You can’t be serious. | 你不能这样 |
[25:21] | You want to have this conversation again in front of Mr. Draper? | 你希望德雷柏先生亲自处理这件事吗 |
[25:24] | I’m going to the break room to find your replacement. | 我去找人来接你的班 |
[25:27] | See that you are gone by the time I return. | 你最好在我回来之前离开 |
[25:40] | Don! | 唐 |
[25:43] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[25:45] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么好 |
[25:47] | It’s gorgeous. | 太棒了 |
[25:52] | Slide over. | 坐过去 |
[26:02] | It’s like the cockpit of a jet. | 就像飞机的驾驶舱 |
[26:06] | What’s this for? | 这是干什么的 |
[26:08] | That is a headlight sensor. | 是车头灯的感应器 |
[26:10] | It automatically dims the lights as you approach another car. | 当你接近另一辆车的时候自动让车灯减弱 |
[26:15] | And these seats. | 还有这座椅 |
[26:17] | It was expensive. | 很贵的 |
[26:19] | – Do you love it? – I do. | -你喜欢吗 -喜欢 |
[26:21] | Well, you deserve it. You work so hard. | 你应得的 你这么努力地工作 |
[26:24] | I can’t wait to pull up to the Stork Club in this. | 真想赶快开着它去斯托克俱乐部 |
[26:29] | Any time you want. | 随时都可以 |
[26:31] | Monday night? | 周一晚上可以吗 |
[26:35] | Jimmy Barrett’s throwing a party for his TV show. | 吉米·巴雷特为他的新节目办了一个派对 |
[26:38] | He called for you. | 他给你打了电话 |
[26:40] | He called here? | 他打到家里来了 |
[26:41] | He should have gone through my secretary. | 他应该打给我的秘书 |
[26:44] | I think he likes talking to me. | 我觉得他喜欢和我讲话 |
[26:52] | The kids won’t be home for an hour. | 孩子一个小时之后才回来 |
[26:54] | Want to take her around the block? | 想开着她绕附近街区转转吗 |
[27:03] | Not in here. | 这儿可不行 |
[27:23] | Mr. Sterling? | 斯特林先生 |
[27:25] | I’m sorry. Ginger stepped away. | 对不起 金吉刚好没在 |
[27:29] | Well. Hello there. | 哦 你好啊 |
[27:31] | I just wanted to say good-bye and thank you for being so kind to me. | 我就是来说再见 感谢你对我这么好 |
[27:35] | Good-bye? | 说再见 |
[27:39] | I’ve been fired. | 我被开除了 |
[27:41] | Draper’s a tough desk, honey. | 德雷柏可不好伺候 |
[27:44] | Actually, it was Miss Holloway. | 事实上 是霍洛韦小姐把我开除了 |
[27:50] | I can see someone wanting to reprimand you seriously. | 我可以想像有人狠狠地批评你 |
[27:53] | But firing? It’s a little permanent. | 但是开除你 有点过分了 |
[27:57] | Do you want a drink? | 想喝点什么吗 |
[27:58] | Not like you work here anymore. | 反正你也不在这里上班了 |
[28:04] | Would you like to tell me what happened? | 你想告诉我到底是怎么回事吗 |
[28:07] | You don’t need to bother with this. | 你不用特意来管我的事 |
[28:08] | I want to. | 我想管 |
[28:12] | I’m just trying to do my job. | 我就是想做好我的工作 |
[28:14] | Miss Holloway is… | 霍洛韦小姐有点 |
[28:17] | Well, she’s going through a rough time. | 她最近有点不太顺心 |
[28:20] | She’s engaged, you know. | 她订婚了 你知道吗 |
[28:23] | Tell you what. | 听着 |
[28:24] | You go home… | 你先回家 |
[28:26] | Where do you live? | 你住在哪 |
[28:28] | In the Village. | 住在乡村旅馆 |
[28:30] | Jane Street. | 就在那条名字也叫”简”的街上 |
[28:31] | Jane on Jane Street. | 住在简街的简 |
[28:33] | That’s a pretty picture. | 非常有意思 |
[28:37] | Listen, you go home to your little apartment on Jane Street. | 听着 你先回到简街的小公寓里 |
[28:40] | By the time you come back here on Monday morning, | 当你周一回来的时候 |
[28:42] | This will all be taken care of. | 这些都会搞定的 |
[28:46] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[28:47] | No more tears. | 别再哭了 |
[28:51] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[28:52] | Thank you, Mr. Sterling. Thank you so much. | 谢谢你 斯特林先生 太感谢你了 |
[28:55] | Roger. | 叫我罗杰 |
[29:14] | That’s my favorite tie. | 这是我最喜欢的领带 |
[29:16] | He’s late. I was expecting that. | 他来晚了 就像我预料得那样 |
[29:19] | He is a bachelor. | 他是单身汉嘛 |
[29:28] | Kitty, You could smell heaven in the street. | 凯蒂 在街上就像闻到了天堂的味道 |
[29:31] | I’d like to take credit, but it’s all the maestro. | 我很想说是我的功劳 但其实是”厨神”的杰作 |
[29:34] | These are beautiful. | 这些花实在太美了 |
[29:35] | Don’t forget to put an aspirin in the bottom. | 别忘了在瓶底放几片阿司匹林 |
[29:37] | Keeps ’em fresh. | 可以让花保持光鲜 |
[29:39] | I know that. I told you that. | 我知道 还是我告诉你的呢 |
[29:41] | Can I offer you a drink? | 想喝点什么吗 |
[29:43] | Beer if you have it. | 如果可以 就啤酒吧 |
[29:45] | But wine with the spaghetti. Okay? | 但是我们只有红酒和意大利面 |
[29:49] | Your place is… really wild. | 你们家还真是 非常宽敞[反语] |
[29:52] | Once we decided not to look for a bigger place, | 当我们决定不再寻觅更大房子的时候 |
[29:55] | We just let ourselves go. | 我们就放纵自己折腾了 |
[29:58] | How did you two meet? | 你们俩怎么认识的 |
[30:00] | It’s a boring story. | 非常无聊的故事 |
[30:02] | No, it’s not. | 才不是的呢 |
[30:03] | I grew up a block away from him in Baltimore. | 我在距他家一个街区的巴尔的摩长大 |
[30:06] | I guess I just always had a crush on an older man. | 我想我就是对老男人难以自持 |
[30:11] | As soon as I moved my mother up here, Kitty came along. | 我刚刚搬来的时候 凯蒂就出现了 |
[30:14] | Come, come. Taste this sauce. | 来 尝尝这个酱 |
[30:18] | Now, tell me what you think, and be honest. | 告诉我你觉得怎么样 诚实点 |
[30:21] | I’m fragile. | 我很脆弱 |
[30:26] | It’s really good. | 这个很棒 |
[30:27] | It’s better than a restaurant. | 比餐馆做得还好 |
[30:34] | I don’t want this hanging in the air. | 我不想一直这么忐忑不安地等待 |
[30:36] | – What are you talking about? – My story. | -你在说什么 -我写的东西 |
[30:39] | I don’t want to sit here the whole meal worrying | 我不想整顿饭坐在这儿一直担心 |
[30:40] | And then find out you didn’t read it | 然后发现你根本没看 |
[30:42] | Or that you did and you didn’t like it. | 或者你看了但是不喜欢 |
[30:44] | Are you kidding? I loved it. | 你开什么玩笑 我太喜欢了 |
[30:45] | – Loved what? – His story. | -喜欢什么 -他写的小说 |
[30:47] | Yes. He wouldn’t stop talking about it, | 是的 他赞不绝口 |
[30:49] | but he won’t let me read it. | 但就是不让我看 |
[30:51] | I didn’t know how you felt. | 我不知道你会怎么想 |
[30:53] | I wonder if one day they’ll rent this apartment | 我想会有一天他们租下这个公寓 |
[30:55] | By bragging about the fact that you ate here once. | 就为了吹嘘你曾今来过这里 |
[30:58] | I’m going to be eating here all the time. | 我会常常来这儿吃饭的 |
[31:02] | To “The Gold Violin,” by Kenneth Cosgrove. | 为肯尼斯·科斯格罗夫的《金色小提琴》干杯 |
[31:12] | You really liked it? | 你真的很喜欢吗 |
[31:15] | I did. It was lovely. | 当然 非常的好 |
[31:19] | I saw one at the Met. | 我曾经在大都会见过这样的小提琴 |
[31:22] | It’s perfect in every way, except it couldn’t make music. | 那简直是完美的 除了不能演奏音乐 |
[31:25] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[31:26] | Well, shall we? | 我们开吃吧 |
[31:46] | Is Bobby in the car again? | 博比又跑到车里去了吗 |
[31:48] | No. He’s running around. | 没有 他在到处乱跑 |
[31:54] | So I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[31:56] | You’d rather play checkers than my “look at the clouds” game. | 你宁愿玩格子棋也不愿意玩”看云彩”的游戏 |
[32:00] | I’d rather play with Silly Putty. | 我宁愿玩橡皮泥 |
[32:02] | I don’t want it jammed between my seats. | 我希望你不要把那东西粘到车座上 |
[32:06] | You know what, Sally? Go play with Bobby. | 萨丽 去找博比玩去吧 |
[32:12] | We should do this more often. | 我们应该常来 |
[32:14] | We should only do this. | 我们应该就干这个 |
[32:19] | I have to go pee-pee. | 我要尿尿 |
[32:21] | Go behind a tree there. No one’s looking. | 去树后面 没人看你 |
[32:28] | I want to tinkle outside. | 我也想在外面尿尿 |
[32:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:32] | It’s different for boys. | 女孩跟男孩不一样 |
[32:34] | I think everybody should go before we get in the car. | 我觉得上车之前大家都该解决一下 |
[32:37] | Do you have to go? | 你一定得去吗 |
[32:38] | No. | 不 |
[32:41] | You kids are lucky. | 你们这些小孩真幸运 |
[32:43] | When I was a little boy, | 当我还是小男孩的时候 |
[32:45] | Back on the farm, | 在农场后面 |
[32:47] | We had an outhouse way out in the yard. | 院子里有个独立的厕所 |
[32:50] | And on nights when there was no moon, | 当晚上没有月光的时候 |
[32:53] | There was this rope, | 有一条绳子 |
[32:54] | And you had to feel for it in the dark and pull yourself across. | 你只能摸着那个慢慢走过去 |
[32:57] | I’m glad we didn’t live in the olden days. | 我真庆幸我们没有生活在过去 |
[33:05] | Are we rich? | 我们很有钱吗 |
[33:09] | It’s not polite to talk about money. | 讨论钱是非常不礼貌的 |
[33:12] | I did it! I did it! | 我尿完了 我尿完了 |
[33:16] | We should probably get going if we don’t want to hit traffic. | 如果不想遭遇交通阻塞的话 我们该走了 |
[33:18] | Sally, pack up the checkers. | 萨丽 把棋子都收起来 |
[33:36] | Check their hands. | 检查他们的手 |
[33:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:24] | You get the last of it. | 你来喝完这最后的一点 |
[34:27] | Should I get another? | 要我再拿一瓶吗 |
[34:28] | You can have mine. | 你可以喝我的 |
[34:30] | Harry tell you anything about his meeting? | 哈里跟你说开会的事了吗 |
[34:33] | Harry’s meeting with who? | 哈里和谁的会议 |
[34:34] | Mr. Cooper. | 库珀先生 |
[34:36] | He says he knows the answer now. | 他说他知道答案了 |
[34:38] | Well? What was it? | 是吗 答案是什么 |
[34:39] | He says I wouldn’t understand. | 他说我不会明白的 |
[34:44] | Where do you live, Ken? | 肯 你住在哪儿 |
[34:46] | Murray Hill. | 默里山酒店 |
[34:47] | I can walk to the office, but I don’t. | 我可以走去办公室 但是我不想走 |
[34:50] | I wonder if you’re gonna get a call. | 我在想你是不是会接到通知了 |
[34:54] | I’m pretty sure he’s going through the whole roster. | 我敢肯定他会检查执勤表的 |
[34:56] | Although, Cosgrove comes before Crane, right? | 不过 科斯格罗夫肯定排在克雷恩前面 |
[34:59] | My cousin has an advertising agency in Montreal. | 我的堂兄在蒙特利尔有一家广告公司 |
[35:03] | He’s not interested in that. | 他对那没兴趣 |
[35:05] | How the heck did you end up in accounts? | 你怎么最后去当业务员了 |
[35:08] | Me and a bunch of my college buddies heard there was dough. | 我和大学同学听说那里能挣钱就去了 |
[35:12] | I was the only one who got a job. | 结果就我得到了工作 |
[35:14] | What about writing? | 那写作呢 |
[35:16] | That’s just for fun. | 就是平时的爱好而已 |
[35:18] | It’s your hobby. | 是你的兴趣 |
[35:30] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[35:31] | You can’t. | 你还不能走 |
[35:51] | Don’t you want coffee? | 不想要点咖啡吗 |
[35:54] | Would it be rude to say that | 如果我说我回曼哈顿还要开很久 |
[35:56] | I have a long ride back to Manhattan? | 不会不礼貌吧 |
[35:57] | I can wrap up a piece of pie for you. | 我可以给你准备一块派 |
[35:59] | It’s pine nuts and pineapple. | 松果和菠萝馅儿的 |
[36:02] | If I eat any more, I’ll burst. | 如果我再吃 我就要爆炸了 |
[36:05] | You two have been wonderful. | 感谢你们的招待 |
[36:09] | Thanks for reading the story. | 感谢你看了我的小说 |
[36:12] | You can let her read it. | 让她也看看吧 |
[36:14] | I can’t wait. | 我简直迫不及待了 |
[36:23] | I’ll see you tomorrow, I guess. | 那我们明天见 |
[36:36] | Do you want to have some pie? | 你想要些派吗 |
[36:38] | No. I’m not hungry. | 不 我不饿 |
[36:41] | I’m just going to clean up. | 我来收拾 |
[36:42] | Do you even care that I want dessert? | 你不准备问我想不想要甜点吗 |
[36:46] | Of course I do. I’ll go get it. | 当然了 我去给你拿 |
[36:49] | I’ll get it. | 我自己拿 |
[36:50] | What’s the matter, Kitty? | 凯蒂 怎么了 |
[36:52] | I don’t work where you do. | 我不在你公司上班 |
[36:54] | I’ve met these people once. | 我就见过这些人一次 |
[36:56] | How am I supposed to talk about them? | 我怎么知道该和他们说什么 |
[36:58] | Come on, Kitty. | 好了 凯蒂 |
[37:02] | Do you even see me here? | 你注意到我的存在了吗 |
[37:04] | Well, of course I do. | 当然 我怎么会无视你 |
[37:06] | Well, you wouldn’t know it, Salvatore. | 你自己没意识到 萨尔瓦多 |
[37:10] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[37:11] | We were just talking about work. | 我们只是在谈公事 |
[37:16] | You’re right. | 你说的太对了 |
[37:18] | It was rude. | 那是很不礼貌 |
[37:20] | I tried to include myself. | 我努力让自己加入你们的讨论 |
[37:23] | A lot of people find me very interesting, you know? | 很多人都认为我很有趣 |
[37:30] | I am so sorry, Kitty. | 我很抱歉 凯蒂 |
[37:41] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[37:45] | I’ll get you some pie. | 我去给你拿派 |
[37:47] | You put your feet up. | 你去歇着吧 |
[37:49] | I’ll take care of the kitchen. | 我来收拾厨房 |
[37:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:27] | I have tickets for the Mets tonight. | 我有今晚大都会的门票 |
[38:29] | Great seats for probably a terrible game. | 座位很好 但是估计比赛很烂 |
[38:32] | I’ll be by at 5. | 我五点过来 |
[38:33] | No, you won’t, and please don’t lurk near my desk. | 不 别来 别在我的桌子附近游荡 |
[38:35] | I’m being watched. | 我现在被人盯着呢 |
[38:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:37] | Well, have a good day. | 祝你一天愉快 |
[38:45] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[38:48] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[38:49] | I was going to call Kitty today, | 我准备今天给凯蒂打电话 |
[38:51] | But I don’t know what it’s like with Italian people | 但我不知道意大利人的习俗 |
[38:53] | If you call someone’s wife. | 能不能唐突地别人的妻子打电话 |
[38:54] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[38:56] | Give her a call. She’d like that. | 给她打吧 她会很高兴的 |
[38:58] | Well, I just wanted to thank her…both of you, really. | 我就是想感谢她 感谢你们两个 |
[39:01] | Every once in a while, | 有的时候 |
[39:02] | You wish you weren’t a bachelor, you know? | 你希望自己不再是个单身汉 |
[39:05] | And your home is kind of what I have in mind, | 而且你的家庭正是我期盼的那样 |
[39:08] | The way you two are. | 还有你们相处在一起时的情景 |
[39:10] | Well, we really enjoyed having you. | 我们很高兴可以请你吃饭 |
[39:41] | What on God’s green earth are you doing here? | 你还待在在这儿干什么 |
[39:49] | Did Mr. Sterling speak with you? | 斯特林先生和你谈过了吗 |
[39:52] | No. | 没有 |
[39:55] | What could he possibly have to do with this? | 他和这个有什么关系 |
[39:59] | I’ll do whatever you want, but he said that you do this a lot. | 你要我干什么都行 他说你经常这样 |
[40:03] | Do what? | 我怎么样 |
[40:05] | Lose your temper. | 无故发脾气 |
[40:07] | That you’re impetuous and it’s not serious. | 你很冲动 但其实并不是真的发火 |
[40:15] | And what were you doing talking to Mr. Sterling? | 你怎么会和斯特林先生说这个 |
[40:18] | I ran into him on my way out. | 我出去的时候正好碰上他 |
[40:21] | Did you? | 是吗 |
[40:25] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[40:28] | No. | 没有 |
[40:30] | There’s no problem at all. | 完全没有问题 |
[40:32] | It’s very clear. | 非常的清楚 |
[41:05] | Everyone looks so glamorous. | 所有人看起来都美极了 |
[41:07] | Believe me, they’re saying that about you. | 相信我 他们也这么说你 |
[41:10] | It’s my earrings. | 那是因为我的耳环 |
[41:12] | Do you remember? Bermuda? | 还记得吗 百慕大 |
[41:15] | I do. | 当然 |
[41:16] | Here he is. | 你终于来了 |
[41:18] | Don Draper. | 唐·德雷柏 |
[41:20] | I heard you had something to do with this. | 我听说这是你的功劳 |
[41:22] | Very little. | 略尽绵力而已 |
[41:23] | Betty, this is Andrew Colhold with ABC. | 贝蒂 这是ABC电视台的安德鲁·科浩德先生 |
[41:25] | A pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[41:26] | And you. | 彼此彼此 |
[41:28] | Isn’t this a pleasant surprise? | 真是个意外惊喜啊 |
[41:30] | Hello, Mrs. Draper. You look stunning. | 你好 德雷柏夫人 你看起来真迷人 |
[41:33] | Don. | 唐 |
[41:34] | Hello, Mrs. Barrett. | 你好 巴雷特夫人 |
[41:35] | Don, did Andrew tell you | 唐 安德鲁告诉你关于 |
[41:37] | My idea for working a few items into the show? | 我想在节目里加上一些东西的事了吗 |
[41:40] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[41:42] | Why don’t I get us some drinks? | 我去拿些酒 |
[41:43] | That’s okay. Let me get them. | 没事 我去吧 |
[41:45] | I’ll do it. | 我去好了 |
[41:46] | No, it sounds like you three have business to discuss. | 没事 你们三个看起来有公事要谈 |
[41:51] | For example, a woman’s parking her car, | 比如说 一个女人在停车 |
[41:54] | And then Jimmy runs out and says she’s run over his Rolex watch, | 然后吉米跑过去 说她碾压了他的劳力士表 |
[41:57] | So then we show the watch. | 然后我们展示手表 |
[41:59] | Of course Jimmy will need a Rolex, I suppose. | 当然 首先吉米要有块劳力士 |
[42:02] | I don’t care, as long as we bury Candid Camera. | 我没意见 只要我们先埋好袖珍照相机就行了 |
[42:15] | If you’re trying to blend into the wall, you can’t. | 如果你想和墙混为一体 那是不可能的 |
[42:19] | Hello, Jimmy. | 你好 吉米 |
[42:20] | Hello, gorgeous. | 你好 美人 |
[42:22] | What are you doing standing here all alone? | 你怎么一个人站在这儿 |
[42:24] | They’re talking business. | 他们在谈公事 |
[42:25] | I fled. | 我逃跑了 |
[42:32] | I’d better not. | 我不要了 |
[42:33] | I’ve had too much already. | 我已经喝得够多了 |
[42:35] | I insist. | 我坚持 |
[42:39] | The drunker you are, the funnier I become. | 人们越醉 我越好笑 |
[42:43] | ABC did research. | ABC电视台可是做过调查的 |
[42:47] | Come on. Let’s keep each other company. | 来吧 看来只有我们两个相互做伴了 |
[42:56] | I wish I was a mosquito right now. | 我真希望我现在是一只蚊子 |
[42:58] | I would never leave you alone. | 我永远不会让你一个人呆着 |
[43:00] | Come to think of it, I never do, do I? | 想想吧 我从来没丢下你一个人 |
[43:02] | No, you don’t. | 是的 当然了 |
[43:03] | I’d want you on my arm. | 我希望你能在我怀里 |
[43:08] | Look at us, over here at the kids’ table. | 看看我们 坐在小孩子的一桌 |
[43:12] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[43:13] | Them. Your husband. | 他们 你丈夫 |
[43:18] | I’ve been standing behind guys like that my whole life. | 我一辈子就这么站在他们后面 |
[43:22] | I was lucky I was funny. | 我很幸运 因为我很滑稽 |
[43:23] | If I wasn’t funny, I would never have gotten to meet you. | 如果我不滑稽 我就永远不可能碰到你 |
[43:27] | – That’s not true. – It is. | -不要这样说 -是的 |
[43:29] | It’s hard to believe | 很难让人相信 |
[43:29] | There’s anything better than you. | 这世上还有比你更好的东西了 |
[43:31] | Hard to believe he could do any better than you. | 很难想象他会比你做得更好 |
[43:34] | Please stop. | 别说了 |
[43:38] | What do you think happened between the two of them? | 你觉得他们之间会发生什么 |
[43:42] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[43:43] | Oh, come on. Look at them. | 得了吧 看看他们 |
[43:54] | I don’t like what you’re saying. | 我不喜欢听你这么说 |
[43:56] | All I know is I know her, and you know him, | 你了解他 就像我了解那个女人 |
[43:58] | And there they are, | 然后他们在哪儿 |
[43:59] | And they don’t care where we are. | 完全不关心我们在干什么 |
[44:00] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[44:01] | – Hold on. – Let me go. | -等一下 -让我走 |
[44:03] | I don’t like it any more than you do. | 我比你更讨厌这个 |
[44:08] | You people are ugly and crude. | 你们这些人又丑陋又无礼 |
[44:13] | What people? You mean comedians? | 什么人 戏剧演员吗 |
[44:21] | A very unusual emergency. | 一个不同寻常的紧急情况 |
[44:23] | You know what must really annoy him? | 你知道让他真正讨厌的是什么吗 |
[44:25] | All the interruptions when we’re not at home… | 当我们不在家时 故意偷懒 |
[44:28] | Signing for deliveries, answering the phone, | 给司机们唱歌 接电话 |
[44:31] | Turning on the oven. | 开烤箱 |
[44:32] | You know I never ask him to do that sort of thing | 你知道我从不让他做这些事情 |
[44:36] | Unless it’s impossible for me to be here. | 除非我自己来不了 |
[44:39] | How about that Thanksgiving | 那感恩节怎么样呢 |
[44:40] | When your car broke down and Daddy had to leave his office | 当你们的车坏了 而爸爸需要离开办公室 |
[44:42] | Every 15 minutes to baste? | 每15分钟发一次火吗 |
[44:47] | Your father never complains or anything. | 你爸爸从来不抱怨什么 |
[44:50] | Well, no. Daddy wouldn’t. | 是啊 爸爸不会的 |
[44:54] | I guess he wouldn’t. | 我觉得他不会的 |
[45:00] | Leaving so soon? | 这么快就准备走了 |
[45:01] | We didn’t get to talk. | 我们还没有机会好好聊聊呢 |
[45:02] | Betty’s not feeling well. | 贝蒂不太舒服 |
[45:04] | Too bad. | 真可惜 |
[45:06] | Here, let me get that. | 让我来给你拿这个 |
[45:07] | It’s the least I can do. | 至少我能做这个 |
[45:14] | Thanks to you, I got everything I wanted. | 多亏了你 我终于实现了梦想 |
[45:18] | I don’t know if that’s possible, Jimmy. | 我不知道是不是有这个可能 吉米 |
[45:20] | I got my relationship with Utz, | 我得到了优滋公司的赞助 |
[45:21] | My show, my money, 39 on the air. | 我的节目 我的钱 39集准备直播 |
[45:24] | I’m gonna be an institution. | 我很快就会成为名人了 |
[45:27] | I’ll tell everyone I know. | 我会告诉所有人的 |
[45:29] | You know what I like about you? Nothing. | 你知道你哪一点让我很喜欢吗 根本没有 |
[45:31] | But it’s okay. | 但是这没什么 |
[45:33] | You got me everything I wanted. | 你让我得到了所有我想要的 |
[45:35] | What did you get? | 你得到什么了吗 |
[45:37] | Bobbie? | 芭比 |
[45:38] | Lots of people have had that. | 拥有她的人可不止你一个 |
[45:40] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[45:42] | Please. I laugh at you. | 拜托 我在嘲笑你 |
[45:45] | I go home at night, and I laugh at you. | 我今晚回家 然后尽情嘲笑你 |
[45:48] | I don’t know what you think happened. | 我不知道你觉得发生什么事情了 |
[45:52] | You. You want to step out, fine. | 你想出轨 随你 |
[45:56] | Go to a whore. | 去找妓女 |
[45:57] | You don’t screw another man’s wife. | 你不能跟一个男人的妻子乱搞 |
[46:00] | You’re garbage. | 你就是个垃圾 |
[46:03] | And you know it. | 你自己也清楚 |
[46:07] | Well. | 好了 |
[46:08] | Good night, you two. | 晚安二位 |
[46:10] | It’s been a gas. | 今晚非常的有趣 |