时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:33] | When did you get up? | 你什么时候起来的 |
[01:36] | I don’t know. | 不记得了 |
[01:38] | Is it still Saturday? | 现在还是周六吗 |
[01:42] | I need you to fix the outlet in the dining room. | 我需要你把餐厅电源插座修一修 |
[01:44] | I thought you were going to call an electrician. | 我以为你会请电工来修 |
[01:48] | All you need to do is unscrew the fuse and replace the plug, Don. | 只要拧开保险丝 换个插头就行 |
[01:51] | Sounds like you could do it. | 听起来似乎你都能做 |
[01:56] | I need to be able to plug in the hot plate. | 拜托 我需要用电炉 |
[01:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:03] | Bets, come here. | 贝蒂 过来 |
[02:10] | Look, you’ve got a week before this party, | 听着 你有一周时间准备这次聚会 |
[02:13] | And it doesn’t have to be a big deal. | 而且也不必办得太隆重 |
[02:15] | Carla will help you. | 卡拉会帮你 |
[02:17] | We’re going to have a house full of people. | 我们要招待一屋子人 |
[02:19] | I’d appreciate it if you’d take care of the things on the list. | 你若能买好清单上的东西 我会很感激 |
[02:22] | Birdie, I’ll fix it. | 宝贝 我会办妥的 |
[02:25] | Thank you. | 多谢了 |
[02:33] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:34] | Perfect timing. Ma just left. | 来的正好 妈妈刚出门 |
[02:44] | I brought colored pencils for the boys. | 我给小家伙们带了些彩笔 |
[02:47] | They’re out back throwing rocks at my laundry. | 他们在屋后 正往我洗的衣服上扔石头呢 |
[02:49] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[02:52] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[02:53] | I told you about the chiropractor. | 我告诉你那个脊椎指疗师的事了 |
[02:55] | They’re not doctors. | 他们根本不是医生 |
[02:57] | Did I tell you he cried? | 我说过他哭的事吗 |
[02:59] | Anita… | 安妮塔 |
[03:00] | Sometimes I think about Mike Ryan. Remember him? | 有时我会想起麦克·瑞安 还记得他吗 |
[03:02] | Stop it. Gerry has a job. | 别说了 杰里有工作了 |
[03:04] | He hates it. | 但他讨厌它 |
[03:06] | He told me he hated it, | 他告诉我 他讨厌它 |
[03:08] | And then a week later his back started. | 所以一周后 他的背就开始疼了 |
[03:09] | His buddies from work don’t even come by anymore. | 一起工作的那些哥们儿甚至都不来看他 |
[03:12] | They think he’s a malingerer. | 他们觉得他在装病 |
[03:15] | And Ma, all she can talk about are her bunions. | 妈妈呢 只会一直唠叨自己的姆囊炎 |
[03:19] | I checked out the next Horatio Hornblower for him. | 我帮他查对了下一部《霍恩布洛尔船长》 |
[03:22] | I was right. There is only one book about Moby Dick. | 我是对的 确实只有一本书写到大白鲸 |
[03:25] | Him with the books. | 他又有书看了 |
[03:28] | Who is it? | 谁 |
[03:29] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:34] | Oh, Lord. | 老天 |
[03:37] | Hello, Father. What a pleasant surprise. | 你好 神父 真是让人惊喜 |
[03:40] | Well, I’m sorry for dropping in. | 很抱歉突然来访 |
[03:41] | I just thought that he could use a visit. | 我只是觉得这可能对他有帮助 |
[03:43] | Bless you. | 非常感谢 |
[03:44] | How is he? | 他怎样了 |
[03:45] | Much better, thanks. | 好多了 谢谢 |
[03:46] | Good, good. I’m glad. | 很好 很好 那太好了 |
[03:49] | – Hello, Peggy. – Hello, Father. | -你好 佩奇 -你好 神父 |
[03:50] | Let me see if he’s awake. | 我去看看他醒了没有 |
[03:52] | No, please don’t disturb him. | 不 不用打扰他了 |
[03:53] | Nonsense. He’ll be thrilled. | 不会的 他一定很高兴 |
[03:59] | It means a lot that you’re visiting. | 你的探望意义重大 |
[04:00] | You as well, I’m sure. | 你也是 我相信 |
[04:02] | Are you hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[04:04] | I’ve already been fed a few times today. | 今天我已经接受了好几次招待 |
[04:07] | It’s a wonderful community, you know? | 很棒的社区 对吧 |
[04:08] | It is. | 的确 |
[04:12] | I see you at church, | 我在教堂看见过你 |
[04:14] | But you don’t seem very comfortable. | 但你看起来不太喜欢那儿 |
[04:16] | No. That’s not true. | 不 不是这样 |
[04:19] | You don’t participate. You keep to yourself. | 你不爱参与活动 只守着自己的世界 |
[04:27] | You know, there are many ways to be involved. | 其实有很多种参与的方式 |
[04:28] | There’s a committee for the CYO dance. | 有个协会负责天主教青年组织舞会 |
[04:32] | And for selfish reasons, | 出于私心 |
[04:33] | I would love to take advantage of your professional services again. | 我想借用你的专业优势再帮我一次 |
[04:36] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是 |
[04:38] | Publicity. | 广告宣传 |
[04:39] | Last year’s poster was girls in garlands | 去年的海报是位戴着花环的女孩 |
[04:42] | Dancing around a maypole. | 在花柱旁跳舞 |
[04:43] | I don’t think that’s what the kids want. | 但我觉得孩子们可能不喜欢这个 |
[04:45] | No. They don’t. | 是的 他们不会喜欢 |
[04:48] | I’m so busy right now, Father. | 我这段时间非常忙 神父 |
[04:50] | Think of it as pro bono. | 将这看做公益事业 |
[04:52] | Talk to your boss. | 跟你老板谈谈 |
[04:54] | I really would like the kids to show up. | 我真的很希望那些孩子能来 |
[04:56] | He’s ready to see you, Father. | 他准备好见你了 神父 |
[04:58] | I’ll get you the specifics. | 我会再和你详谈 |
[05:06] | As of today, you are costing this company | 到目前为止 你使公司遭受的损失 |
[05:08] | More than you are making it. | 比你为之创造的还要多 |
[05:09] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[05:11] | Tim Dunst called from Maytag. | 美泰公司的蒂姆·邓斯特打来电话[家电生产商] |
[05:13] | Apparently, last night, | 显然 昨天晚上 |
[05:15] | Their switchboard lit up like a Christmas tree. | 他们接线总机像点亮的圣诞树一样被打爆 |
[05:16] | – I didn’t hear… – You’re head of the television department, | -我没听说 -你是电视部门的主管 |
[05:18] | So I know you can’t watch everything. | 我知道你没办法关注所有事 |
[05:20] | But who exactly oversaw the placement | 但到底是谁负责监督 |
[05:22] | Of Maytag in The ABC Sunday Night Movie? | ABC台周日晚间电影中插播的美泰广告 |
[05:26] | Well, I take full responsibility. | 没错 是我全权负责 |
[05:29] | There was a scene with a murderous Russian spy | 广告中有个凶残的俄国间谍 |
[05:32] | Who was referred to as an agitator repeatedly, | 一遍又一遍地说 他是个煽动者 |
[05:34] | And this led into a Maytag spot, | 然后美泰的产品出现 |
[05:36] | The title of which is “The Amazing Agitator.” | 标题是 “令人惊喜的搅拌器[同’煽动者’]” |
[05:40] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:41] | Is this all a big joke to you? | 你不觉得这是天大的笑话吗 |
[05:43] | The Russians are still our enemy, you know. | 俄国人仍然是敌人 你知道的 |
[05:45] | This will not happen again. | 不会再发生这种事了 |
[05:47] | Crane, we’re eating this one. | 克雷恩 我们为此损失了很多 |
[05:49] | Politics aside, you need to be aware | 且不说政治 起码你得明白 |
[05:51] | That a client will take any excuse not to pay us. | 客户会找各种借口不付钱 |
[05:53] | You need to get your department in line, or I’ll gut it. | 你得协调好你的部门 否则我会收拾你们 |
[05:56] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[05:57] | I’ll get to the bottom of this. | 我会查清这件事 |
[06:09] | Hey, Harry, what’s the name of that place we went to | 哈里 那次我们带着壁纸和烤肉 |
[06:11] | With the wallpaper and the kebabs? | 去的地方叫什么 |
[06:13] | I don’t remember. | 不记得了 |
[06:14] | Can one of you help me read TV scripts? | 谁能帮我看下电视剧本 |
[06:15] | For money? | 有报酬吗 |
[06:16] | I don’t think so. | 恐怕没有 |
[06:18] | There’s too much to read, and I have nobody. | 太多东西要看 但我找不到人 |
[06:20] | There are things to do that I didn’t know were my job. | 甚至原以为不是分内的工作 现在都要我做 |
[06:22] | How could that be? You made that job up. | 怎么可能 这些活不是你自己揽上身的吗 |
[06:25] | I thought I would be a liaison between the networks and the agency | 我本以为只是电视网和代理商的联络人 |
[06:28] | And, I don’t know, buy time. | 然后 购买广告时间段 |
[06:30] | That’s what your job was before. | 那是你以前的工作 |
[06:32] | So now what? It’s a whole ‘nother job. | 现在又怎样 不过又是一项新工作罢了 |
[06:34] | That’s why we have juniors. | 这就是招新人的原因 |
[06:36] | Someone to blame. | 替罪羔羊 |
[06:37] | You need someone to lay down on the barbed wire | 得有人躺在带刺的铁丝网上 |
[06:39] | So you can run over them. | 这样你才能踏着他们走过去 |
[06:49] | Heineken was pleased but confused. | 喜力公司很满意 但有些困惑[啤酒生产商] |
[06:51] | By the fact that you don’t use their product? | 因为你没喝他们公司的产品吗 |
[06:53] | That’s why I brought Campbell. | 我叫坎贝尔去就是为我挡酒的 |
[06:55] | So what’s the problem? | 到底是什么问题 |
[06:57] | They’re set on competing at the tap. | 他们决心增加销量 |
[06:59] | We just have to find a way to excite your average tavern inhabitant, | 我们只需设法让那些酒鬼对它有兴趣 |
[07:02] | And they’ll be happy. | 客户就会很满意 |
[07:03] | Did you explain to them that there’s a market | 你没跟他们解释吗 如果进口喜力 |
[07:06] | That’s actually excited about Heineken being imported? | 会有类消费者对它很有兴趣 |
[07:09] | For women entertaining in the home, Holland is Paris. | 对于那些居家主妇来说 荷兰就如巴黎 |
[07:12] | They can buy this sophisticated beer | 她们可以去买这种高档酒 |
[07:14] | And proudly walk it into the kitchen instead of hiding it in the garage. | 骄傲地拿进厨房 不像那些酒鬼藏在车库里 |
[07:17] | I’m just telling you I sensed resistance. | 我得告诉你 我觉得他们会断然拒绝 |
[07:19] | If you want to get some research, | 如果你想做些调查 |
[07:20] | I’ll get them into a room with you again. | 我可以把他们再请来谈谈 |
[07:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:24] | We’ll go up and down the Hudson, | 我们去哈德孙河 |
[07:26] | Northern New Jersey, Connecticut, the cash belt… | 新泽西北部 康涅狄格 总之繁华地带??? |
[07:28] | Set up a few end-aisle displays at the A&Ps, | 在连锁超市走道尽头组织一些展示 |
[07:31] | Away from the other beer, | 离其他啤酒远远的 |
[07:32] | Surrounded by cheese and crackers and toothpicks with cellophane tips. | 周围要全是奶酪 饼干 玻璃纸牙签 |
[07:36] | We can try that. | 可以试试这个 |
[07:37] | Maybe short, uneven stacks. | 堆得低点 层次不齐 |
[07:39] | Make it look popular. | 快被抢购一空的样子 |
[07:40] | Plus, housewives love green. | 并且 主妇们喜欢绿色的东西 |
[07:42] | We’ll go make some calls. | 我们去打电话 |
[07:44] | You’re still going to have to sit down and sell this to them. | 你还是得坐下来说服他们 |
[07:48] | By the way, I hate to disappoint your wife, | 还有 我也不想让你妻子失望 |
[07:51] | But I don’t know about Sunday night. | 但我不知道周日晚上有没有空 |
[07:53] | I’d worry more about disappointing Roger. | 我倒是更怕让罗杰失望 |
[07:55] | He seemed to think it was important that | 他似乎觉得很有必要 |
[07:56] | We sit down with Crab Colson. | 我们跟克莱伯·卡尔森坐下来谈谈 |
[07:58] | And believe me, I’m sure my wife would rather go see a movie. | 相信我 我妻子一定宁愿去看场电影 |
[08:01] | Who’s Crab Colson? | 克莱伯·卡尔森是谁 |
[08:03] | Rogers & Cowan. | 罗杰斯柯文公司的 |
[08:05] | I’ll get the time from your girl again. | 我会再跟你的秘书定好时间的 |
[09:19] | Mr. Sterling is here to see you. | 斯特林先生想见您 |
[09:24] | Send him in, please. | 请他进来 谢谢 |
[09:26] | – Roger. – Crane. | -罗杰 -克雷恩 |
[09:30] | Mitch says you want to expand your department. | 米奇说你想扩充你的部门 |
[09:34] | Looks pretty big already. | 但看起来已经够大了 |
[09:36] | Well, the way other television departments have this set up… | 根据其他电视部门的用人情况 |
[09:39] | And I’ve checked on this… | 当然我确认过的 |
[09:40] | There should be a dedicated man for Broadcast Operations. | 广播电视运营部门还需要一个专门的人 |
[09:43] | And what is he dedicated to? | 他专门做什么 |
[09:44] | Reading scripts, meetings to discuss. | 看剧本 开讨论会 |
[09:47] | I’m really the face of the television department for the clients. | 事实上对客户来说 我只是电视部门的代表 |
[09:50] | Have you noticed we’re full up? | 你不知道已经满员了吗 |
[09:51] | Who’s going to pay this person, you? | 谁给这人发薪水 你吗 |
[09:53] | The money we save avoiding surprises will make it worthwhile. | 为了减少意外发生造成的损失 这是值得的 |
[09:56] | You smoke, Crane? | 你抽烟吗 克雷恩 |
[09:57] | Sometimes. | 有时候 |
[10:00] | How do I know you’re not just goldbricking? | 我怎么知道你是不是因为想偷懒 |
[10:02] | Because that’s what Mitch thinks. | 因为米奇就是这么认为的 |
[10:05] | I don’t want to speak out of turn… | 虽然我不想多嘴 |
[10:08] | Warren, do you mind? | 沃伦 你介意暂时回避吗 |
[10:12] | I don’t think Mitch has been very happy with my recent promotion. | 我认为米奇对我最近被提拔不太开心 |
[10:16] | Are you? | 那你开心吗 |
[10:17] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[10:19] | Figure out a way to do the job yourself. | 自己想办法解决吧 |
[10:26] | You better not repeat any of that to Mitch. | 刚才的话你最好别对米奇透露一个字 |
[10:38] | Peggy Olson’s office. | 这里是佩奇·奥尔森的办公室 |
[10:39] | May I speak with Miss Olson? | 我找奥尔森小姐 |
[10:41] | This is Father John Gill calling. | 我是约翰·吉尔神父 |
[10:47] | Peggy Olson speaking. | 我是佩奇·奥尔森 |
[10:48] | Hello, Peggy. This is Father John Gill. | 你好 佩奇 我是约翰·吉尔神父 |
[10:50] | Do you have a minute? | 你现在有时间吗 |
[10:52] | Yes. Did you get the flyer? | 是的 你收到广告传单了吗 |
[10:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:55] | It’s good, but can you take whatever this is | 做的不错 但换作是你你会接受这玩意 |
[10:58] | And make it into a poster? | 然后做成海报吗 |
[11:01] | What do you mean, whatever this is? | “这玩意”是什么意思 |
[11:03] | Well, there’s been some discussion. | 我们对它做了一些讨论 |
[11:07] | Don’t you like it? | 你们不喜欢吗 |
[11:09] | The CYO committee is curious about | 天主教青年组织协会很困惑 |
[11:11] | “A Night to Remember.” | “难忘的一夜”是什么意思 |
[11:14] | What’s the problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[11:16] | Well, they feel it sends the wrong message to the girls. | 他们认为这会让女孩们误解 |
[11:21] | It’s wholesome and romantic. | 思想很健康 而且很浪漫 |
[11:23] | And you have to get the girls. | 而且你必须得吸引女孩们来 |
[11:25] | It’s the only way the boys will come. | 只有这样男孩们才会来 |
[11:26] | Well… | 恐怕 |
[11:28] | Tell them that this is the way it works, | 告诉他们 只有这样广告才有用 |
[11:30] | And I know better than them. | 这点我比他们清楚 |
[11:32] | Peggy, couldn’t you just speak with them? | 佩奇 你能否直接与他们谈谈 |
[11:35] | They just want to feel involved. | 他们只是希望参与到策划中来 |
[11:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[11:41] | I’d love to hear their thoughts. | 我很愿意听听他们的想法 |
[11:43] | Good-bye, Father. | 再见 神父 |
[11:44] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[11:50] | Unlike some deodorants, | 有别于其他除臭剂 |
[11:52] | Fresh doesn’t promise you eternal romance. | 清新牌除臭剂不会向您承诺永远的传奇 |
[11:54] | Mr. Crane, may I be of some assistance? | 克雷恩先生 需要帮忙吗 |
[11:58] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:00] | What? | 你说什么 |
[12:01] | I received a memo from Mr. Sterling’s office, | 我收到斯特林先生办公室的备忘录 |
[12:04] | Saying that you needed a girl to help you with your workload. | 说你需要一位女孩帮你减轻工作量 |
[12:07] | No, that’s not exactly what I asked for. | 不 这并不完全是我的要求 |
[12:10] | Well, I don’t know what you had in mind, | 虽然不知道你是怎么想的 |
[12:12] | But we are spread very thin. | 但我们现在很缺人手 |
[12:15] | Hello, Joan. | 你好 琼 |
[12:16] | Hello, Warren. | 你好 沃伦 |
[12:17] | You… | 你 |
[12:21] | You look great today. | 你今天真漂亮 |
[12:22] | Thank you, Warren. | 谢谢 沃伦 |
[12:25] | I need someone to run our commercial scripts | 我需要人把广告剧本 |
[12:27] | Past the networks for approval. | 送给广播网审批 |
[12:29] | Can’t you just use a messenger? | 不能请邮差来处理吗 |
[12:30] | No. That person also has to read the network scripts for me | 不行 这人还得替我看广播剧本 |
[12:34] | And really make sure our clients aren’t misrepresented. | 确保我们没有曲解客户的用意 |
[12:36] | I don’t feel comfortable sending my girls out of the building, | 虽然不太愿意把我的职员派出去 |
[12:39] | But I will find someone to read the scripts. | 但我会找人帮你看剧本的 |
[12:41] | My wife is pregnant. | 我妻子怀孕了 |
[12:43] | I just want to get out of here at a reasonable hour. | 我只想工作量适宜 早点下班 |
[12:45] | How many are there? | 有多少剧本 |
[12:49] | And what are they looking for? | 他们到底有何要求 |
[12:50] | We just want to nip any problems in the bud. | 我们只是想防患于未然 |
[12:53] | For example, if a kid’s pushing away his dinner in disgust, | 比如 要是一个孩子厌恶地推开餐盘 |
[12:55] | Just make sure it’s not Gorton’s fish sticks. | 我们得确保他推开的不是戈顿牌鱼骨棒 |
[12:58] | You know, people can’t be coughing and dying | 再比如 在幸福时光香烟播出前 |
[13:00] | Right before a Lucky ad. | 不会出现有人剧烈咳嗽的广告 |
[13:02] | Things like that. It’s common sense, really. | 就是这样 只是常识 真的 |
[13:03] | It sounds interesting. | 听起来挺有趣的 |
[13:04] | It is. For the first few. | 前面一些 确实是的 |
[13:07] | And there’s Maytag in there. | 其中还有美泰的广告 |
[13:09] | They’re very sensitive to Communism. | 他们对共产主义很敏感 |
[13:16] | Why can’t I do that? | 为什么不是我呢 |
[13:18] | Because you already have a job. | 因为你已经有工作了 |
[13:20] | No. I mean talk to her like that. | 不 我是指像那样跟她说话 |
[13:22] | She’s so much woman. | 她真是个有魅力的女人 |
[14:02] | You are so graceful. | 跳得优雅极了 |
[14:04] | She is adorable. | 她真可爱 |
[14:05] | They’re doing Winnie the Pooh this year. | 她们今年要跳小熊维尼 |
[14:07] | She’s going to be Piglet. | 她要演只小猪仔 |
[14:10] | It’s all very professional-looking. | 看上去都非常专业 |
[14:11] | Cheryl’s 14. | 谢丽尔才14岁 |
[14:12] | She won’t even waltz on my feet anymore. | 就已经不愿踩我脚上跳华尔兹了 |
[14:14] | Ours is engaged. | 我们家那个已经订婚了 |
[14:16] | Enjoy it while you can. | 趁她还小 好好享受吧 |
[14:18] | Crab, can I get you another one of those? | 克莱伯 要不要再来一杯 |
[14:21] | Like the song says, I’d be a fool to say no. | 就像歌里唱的 我要是拒绝就太傻了 |
[14:25] | – Roger? – Ladies first. | -罗杰 -女士优先 |
[14:28] | All right, the evening show is over. | 好了 晚间秀结束了 |
[14:30] | Bedtime. Say good-bye to everybody. | 该睡觉了 跟大家说再见 |
[14:33] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[14:34] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[14:37] | – Good night, slugger. – Good night. | -晚安 击球手 -晚安 |
[14:38] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:41] | Hello, Mrs. Draper. | 你好 德雷柏太太 |
[14:43] | Betty. | 叫我贝蒂就好 |
[14:44] | These are beautiful. | 花真漂亮 |
[14:46] | I’m sorry I’m late. My date cancelled. | 很抱歉迟到 我的约会被取消了 |
[14:48] | You should have called. | 你应该打电话来 |
[14:50] | I might have been able to replace her. | 也许我还能代替她 |
[14:53] | Carla, would you please put these in water? | 卡拉 帮忙把这些话插到花瓶里 |
[14:55] | And our head count is now seven. | 现在有七位客人了 |
[14:59] | What a lovely home. | 你家很温馨 |
[15:01] | Hello, Duck. | 你好 达克 |
[15:02] | I remember you, Sally. | 我记得你 萨丽 |
[15:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:05] | And who do we have here? | 这是哪位呢 |
[15:07] | This is Bobby. | 他叫博比 |
[15:08] | Bobby, shake Mr. Phillips’ hand. | 博比 跟菲利普斯先生握握手 |
[15:10] | Do you like baseball, Bobby? | 喜欢打棒球吗 博比 |
[15:14] | Come on. Let’s go to bed. | 来 去睡觉吧 |
[15:18] | Sorry I’m late. I didn’t want to come stag. | 抱歉来晚了 我本不想一个人来 |
[15:20] | Nobody cares. | 没人会在意的 |
[15:22] | I don’t know. My wife hated odd numbers. | 不知道 我妻子可不喜欢单数 |
[15:27] | Well, hello, there. | 你好 |
[15:28] | Duck Phillips, you know Mona. | 达克·菲利普斯 你认识莫娜吧 |
[15:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[15:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:33] | Of course this is Petra and Crab Colson. | 然后这位是佩特拉 克莱伯·卡尔森 |
[15:37] | Crab, Duck. Duck, Crab. | 克莱伯 达克 达克 克莱伯 |
[15:41] | Can I get you something? | 你要喝点什么 |
[15:42] | Tomato juice, if you have it. | 番茄汁吧 如果有的话 |
[15:44] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[15:45] | I’ll have something with dinner. | 吃饭的时候我会再喝点别的 |
[15:47] | Beautiful drive. | 沿途风景很美 |
[15:49] | – Did you take the Sawmill? – I did. | -你走锯木厂那条路了 -是的 |
[15:50] | Found myself heading to New Rochelle by accident. | 突然发现自己正往新罗谢尔方向走 |
[15:53] | I used to live there. | 我曾经在那儿住过 |
[15:54] | It’s lovely there. | 那儿很漂亮 |
[15:55] | I’ll tell you the way to go. | 告诉你什么才是完美的出行 |
[15:57] | We’re taking our sloop from my folks’ place in Old Lyme | 我们打算从我在莱姆镇的住处 |
[16:00] | All the way down to Larchmont for Race Week. | 一路乘帆船到拉奇蒙镇参加赛船周 |
[16:02] | We should get a boat. | 我们也该去弄条船来 |
[16:03] | My father had a boat. Almost killed him. | 我爸爸有条船 差点害死他 |
[16:05] | You might as well cut a hole in your pocket. | 不如口袋上挖个洞直接漏钱算了 |
[16:08] | The slip and the dry dock and the yacht club. | 想想那些艳遇 干船坞 游艇俱乐部 |
[16:10] | Speaking of which, Don, | 说到这个 唐 |
[16:12] | Are you and Bets joining Willow Oaks or not? | 你和贝蒂到底加入柳橡树俱乐部没 |
[16:14] | We’re lonely. | 我们很寂寞 |
[16:17] | If you wish, you can leave your drinks here | 可以的话 请大家把酒放在这儿 |
[16:19] | And join us in the dining room. | 我们一起去餐厅吃饭吧 |
[16:20] | Terrific. | 太好了 |
[16:22] | So, Rogers & Cowan. | 罗杰斯柯文公司 |
[16:23] | It’s a good place to be right now. | 能在那里工作真不错 |
[16:29] | He does everything you need him to do, you know? | 他会做任何你让他做的事 |
[16:32] | Well, we took the road that goes to… | 我们走的那条路通向 |
[16:36] | How did that get there? | 怎么会走到那去 |
[16:41] | We’re going to take a little trip around the world, | 我们即将开始一小段环球之旅 |
[16:43] | Starting in Spain with gazpacho, | 西班牙冷汤作为开场 |
[16:46] | Followed by Japan… rumaki… | 然后是日本的鸡肝栗子卷 |
[16:48] | And then we’ll stop by Duchess County | 接着我们来到达奇斯县 |
[16:50] | For a leg of lamb, mint jelly, | 这里有羊腿 薄荷酱 |
[16:52] | Accompanied by egg noodles, | 还配有鸡蛋面 |
[16:54] | The way my grandmother made them from Germany. | 这是我祖母学来的德式做法 |
[16:56] | And we have a choice of burgundy from France | 大家可以选法国的勃艮第葡萄酒 |
[16:59] | Or a frosted glass of beer from Holland. | 或者荷兰进口的冻啤酒 |
[17:03] | Did you bring a case from work? | 你从公司搬了一箱回来吗 |
[17:05] | No. | 没有 |
[17:07] | Oh, please, Draper. | 得了 德雷柏 |
[17:08] | You’ll do anything to win an argument. | 你为了争个赢会不惜一切 |
[17:09] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[17:11] | You went out and bought that? At the store? | 你去商店买的那些东西吗 |
[17:14] | Carla did some of the marketing, | 有些是卡拉买的 |
[17:16] | But no, I did. Why? | 但这的确是我买的 怎么了 |
[17:20] | I’m not even allowed to pick where I sit. | 我在家甚至无权选择坐哪里 |
[17:25] | What’s so funny? | 什么事这么好笑 |
[17:26] | Crab, if you want to be in business | 克莱伯 如果你想和一个 |
[17:28] | With someone who knows their stuff… | 精通业务的人做生意 |
[17:30] | Heineken is one of our clients. | 喜力公司是我们的客户 |
[17:32] | He said you were the market, and you are. | 他说你就是目标市场 果然没错 |
[17:36] | – That is funny. – Incredible. | -确实有趣 -难以置信 |
[17:39] | What an interesting experiment. | 真是个有趣的实验 |
[17:42] | I have to sit down. | 我想坐下了 |
[17:44] | Please do. | 请坐吧 |
[17:46] | Now who wants wine? | 谁想要葡萄酒 |
[17:49] | Please start. | 请用餐吧 |
[18:00] | The soup is delicious. | 汤真好喝 |
[18:04] | To our hosts. | 敬我们的主人 |
[18:07] | And their idyllic country home, | 还有他们这温馨的家 |
[18:08] | And to new friends. | 以及我们的新朋友 |
[18:10] | Hear, hear. | 没错 没错 |
[18:20] | “A Night to Remember” is every girl’s dream. | “难忘的一夜”是每个女孩的梦想 |
[18:23] | It holds the wholesome promise of the kind of hand-holding | 它象征一种纯洁高尚的承诺 手牵着手 |
[18:26] | That eventually leads to marriage. | 最终走进婚姻的殿堂 |
[18:29] | I think it’s exactly what we talked about. | 我觉得这正是我们想要的 |
[18:32] | I don’t like the way they’re dancing. | 我不喜欢他们跳舞的样子 |
[18:35] | They’re too close together. | 他们靠的太近了 |
[18:37] | Maybe leave some room for the Holy Ghost. | 或许该为圣灵留点空间 |
[18:40] | Uh, maybe they’re doing a box step. | 也许他们是在跳方块步呢 |
[18:45] | Fine. | 没错 |
[18:46] | You’re not worried about having a dance full of girls only? | 你难道不担心只有女孩来参加舞会吗 |
[18:50] | When the boys hear that the girls are going… | 当男孩们听说女孩们要去 |
[18:52] | The boys aren’t going to hear nothing. | 男孩们什么消息也得不到 |
[18:54] | They don’t go to school together. | 他们不和女孩一起上学 |
[18:55] | They go to church together. | 但他们一起去教堂吧 |
[18:57] | And this isn’t the first CYO event. | 况且不是第一次天主教青年组织活动 |
[19:00] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[19:02] | I’d never thought about that, but you’re right. | 我从没这么想过 但你是对的 |
[19:04] | I’m just saying I’m not an expert, | 我得说 虽然我并非专家 |
[19:07] | But there might be another slogan. | 但也许我们可以再想一个标语 |
[19:11] | What do you want, two flyers? | 你想怎么样 两份不同的传单吗 |
[19:13] | No. We don’t have to throw this one away, | 不 我们不必扔掉这张 |
[19:16] | But maybe we can, um… | 但是 也许我们可以 |
[19:19] | I think she’s saying maybe we should try something else. | 我觉得她是说 或许我们该试试其他想法 |
[19:28] | Thank you very much. I’ll see what I can do. | 非常感谢 我会尽力而为 |
[19:31] | You’re such a doll. | 你真是个可人儿 |
[19:36] | Could I speak to you a minute? | 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[19:38] | Father, I wanted to talk to you, too. | 神父 我也想和你谈谈 |
[19:41] | We can speak tomorrow. | 我们可以明天再谈 |
[19:44] | Thank you all for your generosity and your time. | 感谢你们的慷慨与时间 |
[19:58] | Father, I don’t mind working, | 神父 我不介意继续工作 |
[20:01] | But this is completely unnecessary. | 但这完全没必要 |
[20:04] | Well, I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[20:06] | Did you agree with them? | 你同意她们吗 |
[20:08] | The dancers could be farther apart, | 跳舞的孩子或许是可以离得远一点 |
[20:10] | But you were very persuasive. | 但你的话很有说服力 |
[20:12] | You don’t have to agree with them. | 你没必要同意她们的观点 |
[20:14] | In fact, you’re not supposed to. | 事实上 你也不应该 |
[20:15] | You asked me to do this based on my expertise. | 你请我凭借专业素养做这份海报 |
[20:19] | Well, I’m not really on the committee. | 其实 我并不属于协会的管理层 |
[20:21] | I’m more of a liaison. | 我更像是个联络人 |
[20:23] | You’re supposed to tell them that they should trust me. | 你应该说服他们信任我 |
[20:25] | That’s your job. | 那才是你该做的 |
[20:27] | They’ll listen to you. | 他们会听你的 |
[20:28] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[20:31] | I’m sorry this is so much work. | 很抱歉工作如此繁重 |
[20:33] | No, I can turn it around. | 不 我会让情况有所改善 |
[20:36] | And the copy machine? | 那复印机呢 |
[20:37] | Yes, I cleared it. | 是的 已经修好了 |
[20:39] | I’m sorry, Father. | 很抱歉 神父 |
[20:40] | I don’t mean to be disrespectful. | 我不是有意对您不敬 |
[20:42] | I’m very tired. | 我只是很累了 |
[20:44] | We’ll both be prepared next time. | 下次我们都会准备好的 |
[20:46] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[20:51] | Good night, Peggy. | 晚安 佩奇 |
[20:53] | I really am glad you’re here. | 你能来我很高兴 |
[20:54] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[21:07] | You didn’t set the table? | 你还没摆好饭桌吗 |
[21:09] | I’m sorry. You came back so fast. | 抱歉 你回来的太早了 |
[21:13] | I’ll get plates. | 我去拿盘子 |
[21:17] | You’re not going to believe what happens on As the World Turns. | 你不会相信《随世界转动》里发生的事 |
[21:19] | You’re right about that. | 这倒是没错 |
[21:21] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你 |
[21:23] | Is it possible for someone to come out of a coma | 有没有可能一个人从昏迷中苏醒 |
[21:25] | And have no recollection of who they are? | 但是一点也记不起来自己是谁 |
[21:28] | Honestly, people don’t come out of comas much. | 老实说 人一旦昏迷 就很难再苏醒过来了 |
[21:30] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:31] | So it’s also probably ridiculous | 所以他们说话的口音 |
[21:33] | They would have an accent they didn’t have beforehand? | 也不可能突然发生巨大的转变是吧 |
[21:35] | Yes. | 没错 |
[21:37] | Well, it must have happened to somebody. | 但一定有人发生过这种事吧 |
[21:38] | I mean, they wouldn’t make it up completely, right? | 我是说 总不能完全凭空捏造吧 |
[21:40] | Probably once. Makes a good story. | 也许就那么一次 然后就借题发挥 |
[21:43] | I’m going to get my drink. Do you want something? | 我去拿喝的 你要点什么 |
[21:45] | Water. | 水 |
[21:51] | I didn’t know you were such a reader. | 我不知道你还爱看书 |
[21:53] | It’s part of my job. | 这是我工作的一部分 |
[21:55] | I thought you just walked around with people staring at you. | 我以为你只是在别人的注视下四处转悠 |
[21:58] | You. | 你呀 |
[22:04] | What are you bothering with that for? | 你关心那个做什么 |
[22:06] | You should be looking for a house. | 你应该去找个房子 |
[22:08] | What happened to your fascination with Glen Cove? | 你怎么不对格伦·科夫的房子继续幻想了 |
[22:11] | You told me to stop looking. | 是你让我别再搜寻的 |
[22:13] | Well, I just need to finish my training. | 好吧 我应该结束对你的管制了 |
[22:17] | Joanie, you should be watching those shows, | 琼妮 你应该去观赏那些演出 |
[22:19] | Not reading them, | 而不是读它们的剧本 |
[22:20] | With a box of bonbons on your lap to soothe your cravings. | 膝盖上放一盒糖果 以克制你的渴望 |
[22:24] | It’s a hoot. | 滑稽古怪的剧目罢了 |
[22:25] | I guess that’s okay. | 我觉得还不错 |
[22:27] | I’m glad you approve. | 真高兴你竟然同意 |
[22:33] | Were you going to get me a glass of water, hon? | 你到底要不要给我拿杯水 亲爱的 |
[22:36] | Of course. | 当然 |
[22:54] | Carla, why don’t you go home? | 卡拉 你可以回家了 |
[22:55] | We can do all this in the morning. | 我们可以明早再收拾 |
[22:58] | That jam will set. | 那样果酱会粘在盘子上 |
[22:59] | Let me at least put the dishes in the basin. | 我至少把盘子放进水池里 |
[23:02] | That’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[23:07] | If you want, you can go to bed. | 你瞌睡的话 可以先去睡了 |
[23:08] | I’ll show myself out, call Louis to pick me up. | 我会自己走的 让路易斯来接我 |
[23:11] | It’s okay. We had a long day. | 没关系 今天真是漫长 |
[23:14] | Thank you for all your help. | 多谢你帮忙 |
[23:20] | Good night, Mr. Draper. | 晚安 德雷柏先生 |
[23:22] | Good night, Carla. | 晚安 卡拉 |
[23:24] | It was a great success. | 晚宴很成功 |
[23:41] | You embarrassed me. | 你让我很尴尬 |
[23:45] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[23:46] | You embarrassed me. | 你让我很尴尬 |
[23:49] | What did I do? | 我做了什么 |
[23:51] | You knew I would buy that beer. | 你知道我会买那种啤酒 |
[23:54] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[23:56] | Because you know me so well. | 因为你如此了解我 |
[23:58] | You know everything about me. | 你了解我的一切 |
[24:00] | Bets, I use our life all the time in my work. | 贝蒂 我经常在工作上用到生活赐予的灵感 |
[24:03] | They pay me for that. | 为此他们才付我薪水 |
[24:05] | And then you laughed. | 所以你也笑了 |
[24:06] | You all laughed. | 你们都在笑 |
[24:09] | Must be so funny being in on it. | 知道内情的你一定觉得很可笑 |
[24:12] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[24:15] | You’re taking this the wrong way. | 你误会我了 |
[24:17] | You embarrassed me. | 你让我很尴尬 |
[24:19] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[24:22] | I didn’t mean it. | 但我不是有意的 |
[24:23] | You never mean it. | 你从来不是有意的 |
[24:25] | You just do whatever you want, | 你只是随心所欲 |
[24:27] | And I put up with it because nobody knows. | 但没有其他人知道 所以我只好忍受 |
[24:29] | No one is going to remember that. | 没人会记得这件事的 |
[24:31] | You know what they’re going to remember? | 你知道他们只会记得什么吗 |
[24:33] | Petra Colson missing her chair. | 佩特拉·卡尔森找不到座位 |
[24:37] | Come on. Leave this. You’re tired. | 别这样 忘了这事 你很累了 |
[24:38] | Let’s go upstairs. | 我们上楼吧 |
[24:40] | I’m not going to bed. | 我不会去睡觉的 |
[24:42] | Not until you tell me why you insist on humiliating me. | 除非你告诉我 为什么一直羞辱我 |
[24:46] | Betty, I can’t talk to you when you’re like this. | 贝蒂 你这样子我没法跟你谈 |
[24:49] | You’re making a mountain out of a molehill. | 你太小题大做了 |
[24:53] | I know about you and that woman. | 我知道你和那个女人的事 |
[24:56] | What? | 什么 |
[24:57] | Damn it, Don, I know you’re having an affair. | 该死的 唐 我知道你有外遇了 |
[25:01] | You and Bobbie Barrett. | 你 和芭比·巴雷特 |
[25:06] | What? | 你说什么 |
[25:07] | How could you? She’s so old. | 你怎么能这样 她那么老 |
[25:11] | Betty, that’s ridiculous. | 贝蒂 这太荒谬了 |
[25:14] | I’m just telling you I know. | 我只是告诉你 我都知道 |
[25:21] | Fine, Bets. | 很好 贝蒂 |
[25:23] | What do you know? | 你都知道些什么 |
[25:26] | Go ahead. Tell me. | 说啊 告诉我 |
[25:30] | Jimmy told me everything. | 吉米把一切都告诉了我 |
[25:32] | Jimmy. He hates me. | 吉米 他讨厌我 |
[25:35] | He told me everything. | 他把一切都告诉了我 |
[25:36] | Please. What the hell did he say? | 拜托 他到底说了些什么 |
[25:38] | So you can pick it apart? Twist all my words? | 然后你就能吹毛求疵 反驳我刚才的话 |
[25:41] | I’m not going to dignify Jimmy Barrett with a response. | 对吉米·巴雷特的话我不屑于做任何答复 |
[25:44] | He’s a big mouth. | 他是个口无遮拦的人 |
[25:46] | And don’t pretend I don’t know how he looks at you. | 也别装作我不知道他是怎么看你的 |
[25:49] | I saw you two together. | 我看见你和她在一起 |
[25:52] | You think you know me? | 你觉得你懂我吗 |
[25:54] | Well, I know what kind of a man you are. | 但我知道你是怎样一个男人 |
[25:57] | You think I would sleep with that woman? | 你认为我会和那女人上床吗 |
[25:59] | You can’t help yourself. | 你控制不了自己 |
[26:03] | Admit it. | 承认吧 |
[26:04] | There’s nothing to admit. | 我没什么好承认的 |
[26:06] | You’re lying. | 你在说谎 |
[26:10] | I’m going to bed. | 我要去睡觉了 |
[27:18] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[27:19] | Good morning, Daddy. | 早上好 爸爸 |
[27:23] | Mommy said the party was fun. | 妈妈说昨天的晚会很棒 |
[27:25] | Did she? | 是吗 |
[27:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:34] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[27:35] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[27:36] | Bye, Daddy. | 拜 爸爸 |
[27:45] | Aren’t you going to be a daddy soon? | 你不是就要当爸爸了吗 |
[27:47] | I’ve done my part. The rest is up to her. | 我已经做了该做的 剩下的就看她了 |
[27:49] | Don’t pay attention to that due date. | 别太在意那个预产期 |
[27:51] | It’ll drive you nuts. | 否则你会发疯的 |
[27:52] | – D Day. – Hello. | -D日[军事术语 指最漫长的一天] -你们好 |
[27:54] | This is Mr. Pastern and Mr. Kostis from Maytag. | 这是美泰的帕斯顿先生和科斯蒂斯先生 |
[27:57] | – Are we all better now? – Yes. | -我们现在有进展了吗 -是的 |
[27:59] | Process seems to be streamlined. | 创意似乎有所改进 |
[28:03] | Wait a minute. Is she the one we spoke to on the phone? | 等等 这就是和我们通话那位吗 |
[28:05] | Yes. Joan is handling Broadcast Operations. | 是的 琼现在负责广播运营 |
[28:08] | I had no idea. | 我之前不知道 |
[28:11] | I would have combed my hair before I called you. | 否则打给你之前 我会打扮一下 |
[28:13] | I’ve got next week’s scripts. | 我已经有了下周的剧本 |
[28:15] | Don’t hold anything back now. | 千万别有所保留 |
[28:16] | She won’t. | 她不会的 |
[28:18] | Well, it was nice to meet both of you in person. | 很高兴能亲自见到你们两位 |
[28:21] | Indeed. | 我们也一样 |
[28:24] | Hell of an operation you’ve got here, Crane. | 你真是有一位好部下 克雷恩 |
[28:26] | I think so. | 我也这么认为 |
[29:53] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[29:54] | Phil. Good to see you, as always. | 菲尔 见到你总是让人高兴 |
[29:56] | Francis. Can we get you something? | 这位是弗朗西斯 你们要喝点什么 |
[29:59] | We’ve got a fridge full of Heineken out there. | 外面有一冰箱喜力啤酒 |
[30:01] | No. It’s 11 a.m., for Pete’s sake. | 不用了 才11点 看在皮特的份上 |
[30:04] | Well, thanks for coming by. | 很感谢你们能来 |
[30:05] | We were just so excited, | 我们太兴奋了 |
[30:07] | I thought you should hear it from the horse’s mouth. | 我觉得你们应该听下可靠消息 |
[30:09] | What exactly happened? | 到底怎么回事 |
[30:12] | Well… | 是这样 |
[30:15] | We explained to you before that research shows | 我们曾向你们解释过 研究显示 |
[30:18] | That with the rise in commuters | 上班工作的人越来越多 |
[30:19] | And the relative scarcity of suburban bars, | 相比之下 郊区酒吧却很少 |
[30:21] | People are drinking more in the home. | 人们越来越多在家里喝酒 |
[30:24] | Yes, we heard you. | 是的 听你们说过 |
[30:25] | Entertaining housewives, et cetera. | 还有招待客人的主妇们 等等 |
[30:28] | We’re not against it. | 我们不是反对你们 |
[30:30] | We just think our money would be spent better elsewhere. | 只是觉得钱可以花在其他更好的地方 |
[30:33] | And honestly, I agree with you, | 说实话 我赞成你 |
[30:35] | But, well, we ran a little test, | 但是 我们做了一个小试验 |
[30:38] | And the results were very enlightening. | 结果非常有启发性 |
[30:41] | Don? | 唐 |
[30:43] | We targeted a few wealthy suburban markets | 我们把目标定在一些豪华的郊区市场 |
[30:46] | With woman-friendly end-aisle displays. | 在走道尽头组织了一些吸引女性的展示 |
[30:49] | Was there a spike? | 你们在那儿摆了高跟鞋吗 |
[30:50] | The sample was very small, | 样品其实非常小 |
[30:52] | But what we put out sold well. | 但展品卖得很好 |
[30:55] | More important was who it sold to. | 更重要的是 看看它们都卖给了谁 |
[30:58] | This is an untapped market where you dictate the competition. | 这是个未经发掘的市场 你可以主宰 |
[31:02] | I think I can say this because Don’s being modest. | 还是我来说吧 因为唐太谦虚了 |
[31:06] | Don’s wife, she’s a peach of a girl. | 唐的妻子 一位非常美丽的女人 |
[31:08] | They had a dinner party. | 他们办了一个晚宴 |
[31:10] | We’re talking days after placement, | 我们正在谈论人事变动后的日子 |
[31:12] | And she had this elaborate, elegant setup… | 她就有了这么一桌精美的食物 |
[31:15] | Foods from around the globe. | 有全世界的美食 |
[31:16] | And sure enough, there was your Heineken, | 当然 还有贵公司的喜力啤酒 |
[31:18] | Right next to the bone china and the polished sterling. | 就在骨质瓷器和雅致的银器旁 |
[31:21] | It was incredible. | 真是难以置信 |
[31:22] | Not exactly scientific. | 虽然不是那么科学严谨 |
[31:25] | Although it sounds like you do know your wife. | 不过听起来你很了解你的妻子 |
[31:28] | She’s exactly who we’re after… | 她就是我们的目标消费者 |
[31:30] | Well-off, educated, with plenty of time to shop. | 家境富裕 教养良好 购物时间又多 |
[31:33] | And it’s important for her | 并且对她来说重要的是 |
[31:35] | That she’s the perfect hostess, the perfect wife. | 成为一个完美的女主人 完美的妻子 |
[31:38] | We even talked about using her menu verbatim | 我们还商量要把她的菜单一字不差地 |
[31:41] | In selected ladies’ magazines. | 放进精品女性杂志里 |
[31:42] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[31:44] | We haven’t been there yet. | 我们还没在那上面登过广告呢 |
[31:46] | No, but it’s what I’ve been pushing for. | 是没有 但这是我一直努力争取的 |
[31:48] | And so I take your word on this? | 所以这算是你的承诺吗 |
[31:51] | Why would I lie? | 我为什么要撒谎 |
[31:52] | We’re the ones who are going to have to deliver. | 我们可是要着手负责的人 |
[31:57] | I guess we could throw it in the mix. | 也许我们可以结合一下 |
[32:01] | Let’s start regional. | 先从小区域开始吧 |
[32:03] | See how some strangers’ wives feel. | 看看陌生人的妻子们感觉怎样 |
[32:08] | I would recommend buying air time during Love of Life. | 我建议购买”热爱生活”节目的广告时间段 |
[32:11] | Women watching TV during the day | 女人们白天看电视 |
[32:13] | Like to fantasize about having active lifestyles. | 喜爱幻想积极的生活方式 |
[32:16] | They like where they could be going with Sea & Ski. | 喜欢去那些可以涂”海洋雪场”防晒乳的地方 |
[32:18] | And they watch every day. | 而且她们每天都看 |
[32:20] | I know my daughter missed a lot of classes in college | 我知道我女儿为了看电视剧 |
[32:22] | For her stories. | 在大学里落下很多课 |
[32:24] | My wife brought the TV home. | 所以我妻子把电视搬回了家 |
[32:25] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[32:27] | Mr. Hansen, I don’t know how Mr. Crane feels about this, | 汉森先生 我不知道克雷恩先生对此怎么看 |
[32:30] | But I’ve been reading the scripts, | 但我一直在读剧本 |
[32:32] | And I just have to say | 我不得不说 |
[32:34] | As the World Turns is about to become unmissable. | 你一定不能错过《随世界转动》 |
[32:36] | I don’t want to give it away, | 尽管我不想泄露剧情 |
[32:37] | But someone people think is dead is not. | 虽然大家都认为剧中某个人死了 但是没有 |
[32:43] | I’m glad you like it, but they all do the same things, don’t they? | 很高兴你喜欢 但这种故事不都是老一套吗 |
[32:45] | No. Not at all. | 不 完全不是 |
[32:46] | This is what they call a special summer storyline, | 这就是他们所说的夏日特别剧情 |
[32:49] | And I’ve spoken to Logan Reynolds over at CBS, | 我已经和CBS的洛根·雷诺兹谈过了 |
[32:51] | And it’s going to receive a lot of promotion. | 他们会进行大规模的宣传 |
[32:54] | Is it the same price? | 价格也一样吗 |
[32:55] | Well, they’re all close. | 差不多 |
[32:56] | This sounds better. | 这个听起来好一些 |
[32:58] | Well, if you lock them in at this rating | 如果你以这个估价成交 |
[33:00] | And then they exceed it, | 而他们更高 |
[33:02] | There’s a bang for your buck factor, isn’t there? | 那你就物超所值了 对吧 |
[33:04] | I would say so. | 我也这么认为 |
[33:05] | Then you should do that. | 所以你应该这么做 |
[33:09] | I think you’ll be pleased. | 我相信你一定会满意的 |
[33:11] | That’s why I didn’t want to do this on the phone. | 所以我才不想在电话里谈 |
[33:14] | I love what she says, and I love the way she says it. | 我喜欢她说的话 也喜欢她说话的方式 |
[33:17] | Let me walk you out. | 我送你出去 |
[33:32] | Are you okay, Mommy? | 你还好吗 妈妈 |
[33:38] | I’m okay, sweetheart. | 我没事 宝贝 |
[33:40] | I’m just not feeling very well. | 只是觉得不太舒服 |
[33:43] | Do you want some aspirin? | 你要不要吃点阿司匹林 |
[33:45] | No, Sally. | 不用了 萨丽 |
[33:47] | I’m just going to rest a little bit, okay? | 我只想休息一会 好吗 |
[33:50] | Go play with your brother. | 去和你哥哥玩 |
[33:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:09] | Shit. | 该死 |
[34:31] | Crane, thanks for squeezing me in. | 克雷恩 多谢你抽时间见我 |
[34:34] | You said 4:30. | 你不是说4:30吗 |
[34:36] | Hell, is it only 4:30? | 该死 才4:30吗 |
[34:38] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[34:39] | Listen, I’ll be brief, | 我长话短说 |
[34:41] | Since it appears I’m on my way out. | 因为我马上要出去 |
[34:43] | I’ve received a lot of unsolicited phone calls. | 我接到很多消费者主动打来的电话 |
[34:45] | Simply put, the customers are satisfied, | 简言之 他们很满意 |
[34:47] | And so is the accounting department. | 财务部也很高兴 |
[34:48] | Keep up the good work. | 好好保持吧 |
[34:49] | Well, I’m not doing it on my own. | 其实 不是我一个人的功劳 |
[34:52] | Right. That’s true, isn’t it? | 对 没错 不是吗 |
[34:53] | Why don’t we get those secretaries back to their regular jobs? | 那让秘书们回去做她们自己的工作吧 |
[34:56] | It’s just Joan Holloway, actually. | 其实只有琼·霍洛韦一个人 |
[34:58] | So her attentions are divided at best. | 那她充其量也只能分神来帮你 |
[35:00] | Make it a full-time position, 150 a week, | 设一个全职职位 周薪150 |
[35:03] | And he has to share an office. | 共用办公室 |
[35:04] | Sounds perfect. | 听起来很不错 |
[35:25] | Hello. | 有人吗 |
[35:40] | Where are the kids? | 孩子们在哪 |
[35:42] | Bed. | 睡觉了 |
[35:46] | What happened here? | 这是怎么回事 |
[35:49] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[35:52] | Nothing happened here. | 什么事也没有 |
[35:54] | I went through every pocket and every drawer, | 我找遍了每个口袋 每个抽屉 |
[35:58] | And there’s nothing. | 什么也没有 |
[35:59] | Would you stop? | 你够了没 |
[36:01] | How much have you had to drink? | 你喝了多少酒 |
[36:03] | I don’t even know why I bother looking. | 我甚至不明白自己为何白费力气要找 |
[36:05] | All I found were stacks of | 找到的只是一堆堆 |
[36:08] | Cocktail napkins with stupid advertising on them. | 印着愚蠢广告的小纸巾 |
[36:11] | What are you doing, Bets? | 你在做什么 贝蒂 |
[36:16] | I would never do this to you. | 我永远不会对你做这种事 |
[36:21] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么能这么对我呢 |
[36:25] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么也没做 |
[37:00] | Don. | 唐 |
[37:06] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[37:11] | I don’t want it to be like this. | 我不想变成这样 |
[37:19] | Me, either. | 我也不想 |
[37:24] | I don’t know what to do. | 但我不知道该怎么办 |
[37:29] | Don’t. | 别这样 |
[37:36] | Nothing happened. | 什么也没发生 |
[37:39] | Now you look me in the eye. | 现在你看着我的眼睛了 |
[37:42] | You never do that. | 你从没这样过 |
[37:46] | Yes, I do. | 不 我有过 |
[37:49] | You never say you love me. | 你从没说过你爱我 |
[37:52] | Yes, I do. | 不 我说过 |
[37:56] | You know I do. | 你知道我爱你 |
[37:59] | I say it all the time. | 我无时不在表达 |
[38:01] | No, you don’t. | 不 你没有 |
[38:08] | Do you hate me? | 你讨厌我吗 |
[38:11] | God, no. | 天哪 不 |
[38:16] | I love you, Bets. | 我爱你 贝蒂 |
[38:18] | I do. | 我真的爱你 |
[38:21] | And I love the children. | 我也爱我们的孩子 |
[38:26] | I don’t want to lose all this. | 我不想失去这一切 |
[38:50] | This is a very impressive operation. | 这里的运营真是令人印象深刻 |
[38:52] | It’s Madison Avenue. | 这可是麦迪逊大道 |
[38:56] | Look at this. | 快看 |
[38:58] | Did we get Miracle Whip? | 我们点奇妙酱了吗 |
[39:01] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[39:02] | Makes a lot of sense. | 不过这样也说得通 |
[39:03] | She’s an undercover nun. | 她其实是深藏不露的修女 |
[39:06] | So, Turk doesn’t know which way to turn, | 特克不知道该走哪条路 |
[39:08] | He’s so drunk, so finally he stops. | 他已经烂醉了 所以最后他停下来 |
[39:11] | We get out of the car, | 我们下了车 |
[39:12] | And the sign says “Bridge Out.” | 看到一处标语写着”下桥” |
[39:16] | – Hello, Joan. – You wanted to see me? | -你好 琼 -你要见我吗 |
[39:19] | Joan, this is Danny Lindstrom. | 琼 这位是丹尼·林斯特蒙 |
[39:20] | Dan. | 叫我丹吧 |
[39:23] | He’s going to be in charge of Broadcast Operations. | 他将负责广播运营部 |
[39:26] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[39:28] | I’ve really appreciated you filling in. | 真的很感谢你临时帮忙 |
[39:29] | I couldn’t have asked for more. | 那是对我莫大的帮助 |
[39:31] | Joan knows everything about this. | 琼对这工作的了如指掌 |
[39:32] | Well, that makes one of us. | 这么说也是我们的一员了 |
[39:36] | I’ve already given him next week’s scripts. | 我已经把下周的剧本给他 |
[39:38] | It would be great if you could fill him in on how it works. | 要是你能跟他交代下怎么做就太好了 |
[39:40] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[39:42] | Why not? Are you busy? | 为什么不 你很忙吗 |
[39:45] | No. Not at all. | 不 一点也不 |
[39:50] | It’s really just reading the scripts, all of them, | 其实也就是把剧本读一遍 所有的 |
[39:54] | And looking through the storylines to see if there’s any… | 浏览一遍故事情节 看看有没有 |
[40:00] | Possible benefits to our clients, | 可能有益于客户的地方 |
[40:03] | How their products may be portrayed to their advantage, | 如何凸显他们产品的优势 |
[40:06] | And, of course, getting the cooperation of the networks. | 当然还有 与广播公司的合作 |
[40:09] | That’s pretty much what I said. | 和我说的差不多 |
[40:12] | Not exactly. | 也不全是 |
[40:13] | Listen, you’re going to be around to help with the details, right? | 你会提供一些细节上的帮助 对吧 |
[40:19] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[40:21] | Anything else? | 还有事吗 |
[40:22] | No, Joan. And thank you again. | 没有了 琼 再次感谢你 |
[40:35] | This is wonderful. It’s completely automatic. | 这机器真棒 完全自动 |
[40:38] | I just leave it. | 完全让它来就行了 |
[40:39] | If you set the number. | 只要你设好数量 |
[40:45] | You know, don’t think we don’t know | 不要认为我们不知感恩 |
[40:46] | How lucky we are having you do this for us. | 我们很幸运能有你的帮助 |
[40:49] | Thank you. It’s nice to be included. | 谢谢 我很乐意帮忙 |
[40:59] | Peggy, do you have something you need to talk about? | 佩奇 你有没有什么想谈谈的 |
[41:02] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[41:04] | Well, I’ve noticed that you don’t take Communion. | 其实是 我发现你没有领过圣餐 |
[41:07] | And I don’t think it’s too much of a leap | 我想询问下你有什么想谈谈的 |
[41:09] | To ask if there’s something you need to talk about. | 应该不是很冒失吧 |
[41:14] | No. | 不 |
[41:15] | God already knows whatever it is, Peggy. | 因为上帝已经知道一切真相 佩奇 |
[41:18] | Well, then I don’t need to talk. | 那么 我更没什么好说的了 |
[41:21] | Well, I’m here right now. | 我现在就在这里 |
[41:27] | Father, don’t take this the wrong way, | 神父 请不要误解 |
[41:30] | But I don’t think you’d understand. | 但我觉得你不会明白 |
[41:36] | God is bigger than what we were raised on. | 上帝的力量大于世间万物 |
[41:40] | Father, you don’t have to live life like the rest of us. | 神父 你不用过和我们一样的生活 |
[41:45] | Maybe you’re lucky. | 也许你是幸运的 |
[41:46] | I’ve lived life. | 我也有过普通的生活 |
[41:48] | I wasn’t born a priest. | 我并非生来就是神父 |
[41:50] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[41:54] | You know, when you distance yourself from the church, | 如果你将自己与上帝隔离 |
[41:56] | You are distancing yourself from everything. | 那么你会与一切都隔离开 |
[42:00] | That’s why it’s called Communion, you know. | 所有它才叫做圣餐[又意 交流] |
[42:02] | It’s not just being with God. | 不仅是与上帝在一起 |
[42:04] | It’s being with people. | 还是与人们在一起 |
[42:06] | I know that. | 我明白 |
[42:08] | Well, then, why are you pushing everyone away? | 那你为什么 将所有人都推开 |
[42:12] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[42:15] | There is no sin too great to bring to God. | 上帝可以原谅一切罪过 |
[42:21] | You can reconcile yourself with him and have a whole new start. | 你可以向他告解 然后重新开始 |
[42:26] | You’re a smart, beautiful young girl. | 你是一个如此聪明 美丽的年轻女孩 |
[42:29] | You have so much to offer. | 你有很多可以展现的东西 |
[42:34] | Do you feel you don’t deserve his love? | 难道你觉得自己不配得到上帝的爱 |
[42:48] | Your copies are done. | 复印好了 |
[42:52] | I’ll put them in a box for you. | 我帮你放在盒子里 |
[43:07] | There you go. | 好了 |
[43:08] | Thank you very much, Peggy. | 非常感谢你 佩奇 |
[43:10] | I’ll see you on Sunday? | 那我们周日见吧 |
[43:12] | Yes, of course. | 好的 当然 |
[43:23] | Welcome to the club. | 欢迎来到俱乐部 |
[43:29] | So I pulled Sylvia’s hair and treated her mean. | 我抓住西维娅的头发 狠狠收拾了她 |
[43:32] | She ran after me all the time, | 她每天都粘着我 |
[43:34] | And every day she took me down to the malt shop | 每天都带我去麦芽坊 |
[43:36] | To split a soda with her. | 和她分享一杯汽水 |
[43:38] | And just like that, I lose her. | 然后突然就这样 我失去她了 |
[43:41] | How do you know you lost her? | 你怎么知道你失去她了 |
[43:43] | Today I walked into the malt shop, | 今天我走进麦芽坊 |
[43:45] | And there was another guy at the end of my straw. | 结果我吸管那头是另外一个人 |
[43:52] | Imagine my horror | 想象一下 |
[43:54] | When a night on the town turned ugly. | 当城里夜晚变得死寂一般 我有多害怕 |
[43:55] | This is a nice place for nice people. | 这是一个好人会来的好地方 |
[43:57] | And the jerk behind the bar, | 这吧台后面的混蛋 |
[43:59] | He throws a bowl of nuts at me. | 他朝我扔了一碗坚果 |
[44:00] | What am I, a squirrel? | 我是什么 松鼠吗 |
[44:03] | Lucky for him, | 不过他很幸运 |
[44:04] | I carry my own wherever I go. | 我到哪儿都随身带着自己的食品 |
[44:07] | Am I crazy? I don’t think so. | 是我疯了吗 我可不这么觉得 |
[44:10] | Just you try and stick your face into a can of nuts. | 试试把脸埋到一罐坚果里 |
[44:14] | Take it from a nut. | 抢过那些疯子手里的坚果 |
[44:16] | Utz are better than nuts. | 优滋美味 坚果不配 |
[44:24] | We have chains in almost every suburban market | 每处郊区市场都有我们的连锁店 |
[44:26] | On the East Coast, plus Chicago, Cleveland. | 东海岸 还有芝加哥 克利夫兰 |
[44:29] | It’s a vote of confidence. | 就看大家更信任谁了 |
[44:32] | Mrs. Draper is on the line. | 德雷柏夫人在线上 |
[44:34] | I got to take this. | 我得接一下 |
[44:36] | Thank her again for me. | 替我再次感谢她 |
[44:44] | Hello. | 你好 |
[44:46] | Don’t come home. | 不要回家 |
[44:48] | What? | 什么 |
[44:50] | I don’t care what you do. | 我不在乎你做了什么 |
[44:51] | I just don’t want you here. | 我只是不希望你回来 |
[44:56] | – Betty. – Don, I don’t want to see you. | -贝蒂 -唐 我不想见到你 |
[46:35] | Well, early in the morning | 清晨之初 |
[46:37] | About the break of day | 破晓之时 |
[46:40] | I asked the Lord | 我请求上帝 |
[46:42] | Help me find the way | 为我指引道路 |
[46:44] | Help me find the way | 为我指引道路 |
[46:47] | To the Promised Land | 引我通往乐土 |
[46:49] | This lonely body needs a helping hand | 这孤独之躯渴望援助之手 |
[46:53] | I asked the Lord to help me, please | 我恳求上帝给予帮助 |
[46:58] | Find the way | 为我指引道路 |
[47:02] | When a new day’s dawning | 当新的一天曙光出现 |
[47:04] | I bow my head in prayer | 我低头默默祈祷 |
[47:06] | I pray to the Lord | 我向上帝祈祷 |
[47:08] | Won’t you lead me there? | 能否引我前行 |
[47:11] | Won’t you guide me safely to the golden stair? | 能否指引我安全走向金色旋梯 |
[47:15] | Won’t you let this body your burden share? | 能否让这身躯为你分享负担 |
[47:20] | I pray to the Lord | 我向上帝祈祷 |
[47:22] | Won’t you lead me, please? | 能否指引我 |
[47:24] | Lead me there | 引我前往那里 |