时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:22] | Kids, it’s time to go! | 孩子们 该走了 |
[01:24] | Coming, Carla. | 来了 卡拉 |
[01:36] | And I said I liked her name. | 我说过我喜欢她的名字 |
[01:38] | Cocoa’s a nice name. Isn’t it? | 可可是个好名字 不是吗 |
[01:41] | Yes, it is. | 是的 没错 |
[01:44] | Come on, Bobby. Let’s go. | 快点 博比 我们走了 |
[01:52] | All right. Let’s go. | 好了 我们走 |
[01:58] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[01:59] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[02:01] | – Peggy. – Good morning, Don. | -佩奇 -早上好 唐 |
[02:03] | Good morning, Mr. Draper. | 早上好 德雷珀先生 |
[02:04] | Hollis. | 你好霍利斯 |
[02:08] | You hear about Marilyn? poor thing. | 听说玛丽莲的事了吗 可怜的女人 |
[02:12] | It’s very upsetting. | 很令人心痛 |
[02:14] | I can’t say I’m surprised. | 鉴于对她的一些了解 |
[02:15] | The few things I know about her. | 对此我并不感到惊讶 |
[02:18] | You just don’t imagine her ever being alone. | 无法想象她从此将独自长眠 |
[02:20] | She was so famous. | 她那么光彩熠熠 |
[02:21] | Some people just hide in plain sight. | 有些人总是能把真实的自己伪装的很好 |
[02:26] | My mother and sister keep calling. | 我妈妈和姐姐不停打电话给我 |
[02:30] | Suicide is disturbing. | 自杀总是令人不安 |
[02:33] | I keep thinking about Joe Dimaggio. | 我总是想起乔·迪马吉奥[梦露前夫] |
[02:41] | We’re lucky Playtex didn’t go for | 幸亏倍得适公司没有投拍 |
[02:42] | that Jackie/Marand campaign. | 那个杰姬和梦露的广告方案 |
[02:44] | We’d have to pull everything indefinitely. | 否则一切都得无限延期了 |
[02:46] | Yes, that’s true. | 是的 没错 |
[02:57] | I’ve never taken pills, even when I had a headache. | 我从不服药 即使头疼的时候 |
[03:08] | Mr. Draper, good morning. | 德雷珀先生 早上好 |
[03:09] | Would you like coffee? | 需要咖啡吗 |
[03:10] | I already had some. | 我喝过了 |
[03:12] | They’re waiting for you in the conference room. | 他们在会议室等你 |
[03:15] | Do you need to go home? | 你需要回家吗 |
[03:16] | No. Of course not. | 不 当然不用 |
[03:24] | I have Warren, and I have Todd. | 我手下现在有沃伦和托德两员大将 |
[03:26] | Todd is a mail boy. Why do you have him? | 托德是邮递员 怎么成了你的手下了 |
[03:28] | I’m paying him. | 我付钱给他 |
[03:30] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:30] | I don’t understand this stupid blood drive. | 我无法理解这种愚蠢的献血活动 |
[03:32] | You just hate that media wins every year. | 你不过是讨厌传媒部每年都赢罢了 |
[03:34] | Wins what? How do you win a blood drive? what do you win? | 赢什么 一个献血活动怎么赢 有什么好赢的 |
[03:36] | I don’t know. You’re the best or something. | 不知道 授予你最佳什么之类的 |
[03:39] | I’ll be lucky if accounts can get eight people. | 业务部能找到八个人我就万幸了 |
[03:42] | Well, Campbell’s afraid of needles, | 坎贝尔害怕打针 |
[03:43] | Duck doesn’t give two craps. | 达克又不能献两次 |
[03:45] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:46] | Good morning, fellas. | 早上好 各位 |
[03:48] | Is this program already in progress? | 活动安排有进展了吗 |
[03:49] | We’re expecting | 希望这是我们有史以来 |
[03:50] | Our most successful blood drive ever. | 最成功的一次献血活动 |
[03:52] | Yes. Tell me everything. | 很好 详细说给我听 |
[03:54] | I think we’re very organized. | 我认为组织得很好 |
[03:56] | Creative, our department, | 我们创意部 |
[03:58] | Will be at 75 to 80% participation. | 将有75%到80%的人参加 |
[04:00] | Of course, I’m assuming you are in. | 当然 我是把你算在内 |
[04:03] | I am. | 当然 |
[04:03] | Do Kurt and Smitty count as one person? | 库特和斯密特加一起能算上一个人吗 |
[04:07] | Why don’t you bore me with the details? | 说说细节吧 |
[04:09] | We’re going to take the lockers out of the break room, | 我们会把储物柜从休息室搬出来 |
[04:11] | Put them in the hallway in the morning. | 明早把它们放在走廊里 |
[04:12] | There will be two litters, three nurses, | 现场安置两副担架 三护名士 |
[04:14] | At least one old lady serving refreshments, | 至少一位老妇人提供茶点服务 |
[04:16] | And plenty of chairs. | 还有足够座椅 |
[04:17] | Kinsey, I want you to pull every intern and lackey… | 金西 我希望你组织下实习生和服务人员 |
[04:19] | Switchboard, elevator men. | 接线员 电梯服务生 |
[04:22] | Find out who wants to be a copywriter for the day. | 看看谁愿意为那天撰稿 |
[04:24] | Dollar a head. | 按人头付钱 |
[04:24] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[04:26] | You’re in accounts. | 你身在业务部 |
[04:27] | You should have thought of it. | 你应该预见到这种情况的 |
[04:29] | Just to be clear, | 我想弄清楚 |
[04:31] | Do I get the dollar for each person I get, | 是我每拉到一个人就能拿到钱 |
[04:34] | Or do they get it for giving blood? | 还是每个献血的人才能拿到钱 |
[04:36] | The people giving blood. | 献血的人 |
[04:37] | This is for mankind, kinsey. | 这是公益 金西 |
[04:40] | That’s the money they’d make actually being in the art department. | 他们美工部就挣这点儿钱了 |
[04:43] | So what is the prize? | 奖赏是什么 |
[04:44] | Helping another human being. | 帮助他人 |
[04:46] | Also, there will be women fainting. | 而且 现场会有女士晕倒 |
[04:48] | I’d think you’d like that. | 我想你对这会有兴趣 |
[04:50] | If this was a flat-out athletic competition, | 如果这仅是场运动比赛 |
[04:52] | Accounts would win, | 业务部会赢 |
[04:53] | Without a doubt. | 毫无疑问 |
[04:55] | What an elegant surrender. | 多么优雅的投降 |
[04:56] | And put up more posters. | 多张贴些海报 |
[04:57] | I can’t believe I have to say that to you people. | 不敢相信这些还得我提醒 |
[04:59] | Apparently, if we get 100% participation, | 显然 如果我们100%参加 |
[05:01] | Which media will do its best to aid, | 当然这还需传媒部全力配合 |
[05:03] | They’re going to put us in the Times. | 我们将被载入《时代》杂志 |
[05:05] | I booked a photographer, just in case. | 我预约了一位摄影师 以防万一 |
[05:06] | Good. | 很好 |
[05:07] | NBC’s having the Mitch Miller concert on thursday. | NBC这周四要举办米勒米奇音乐会 |
[05:10] | Any chance I could show you and mrs. draper off? | 能否有幸请到你和德雷珀夫人 |
[05:12] | We’d love to, but… | 非常乐意 但是 |
[05:14] | My kid is sick. | 我的孩子病了 |
[05:16] | You’ll know what that means soon enough. | 你很快就会知道这意味着什么了 |
[05:20] | Shot down. | 受打击了 |
[06:15] | That was quick. | 这么快结束了 |
[06:18] | What do we have today? | 今天有什么安排 |
[06:20] | 10:00 with miss Holloway to go over traffic for new business, | 10点与霍洛威小姐去视察新业务 |
[06:24] | 4:00 with Ron Venincasa from Ace Hardware, | 4点与哈德瓦公司的罗恩·维卡萨会面 |
[06:26] | And Mr.Sterling moved the meeting with Boston Edison to 5. | 斯特林先生将与波斯顿·艾迪逊的会面改至五点 |
[06:30] | I assume to have it bleed into the cocktail hour. | 估计献血要持续到晚餐时间了 |
[06:35] | May I? | 能坐下与你说话吗 |
[06:44] | There was a bit of confusion last night. | 昨晚的状况让我有些困惑 |
[06:47] | I think I made a terrible mistake. | 我想我犯了个可怕的错误 |
[06:50] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[06:52] | Your daughter called and asked | 你女儿打电话过来 |
[06:53] | When you would be back from your business trip | 问你什么时候出差回来 |
[06:55] | Because her mother wasn’t sure. | 因为她妈妈不确定 |
[07:01] | You don’t have to tell me anything, | 你不用告诉我任何事 |
[07:03] | But I didn’t know what to say. | 但我当时不知如何回答 |
[07:05] | I said wednesday. I know I should have said I don’t know. | 我说星期三 我知道我应该说不知道 |
[07:09] | Mrs. Draper is working out some things. | 德雷珀夫人最近有些心烦意乱 |
[07:12] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[07:14] | I’m sure it won’t come up again. | 我保证不会再发生 |
[07:16] | I thought it would be over by now. | 我本以为现在已该了解 |
[07:18] | Yes, and there’d be no need to… | 是的 而且没必要 |
[07:22] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[07:24] | It goes without saying that this is personal, | 不用说也知道这是我的私事 |
[07:27] | And I’d appreciate your keeping it that way. | 我希望你不要将这事传出去 |
[07:29] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:31] | I’d also avoid giving me concerned looks. | 同时我也不想看到这种关心的表情 |
[07:35] | Mr. Draper, | 德雷珀先生 |
[07:35] | I hope you’ve noticed I’m a discreet person. | 我希望你注意到 我是个谨慎的人 |
[07:37] | I don’t know you at all, | 我根本不了解你 |
[07:38] | And this is personal, | 而且这是私事 |
[07:39] | And it’s not up for discussion. | 没有讨论的必要 |
[07:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:45] | If you need anything, I’m right out there. | 如果你有什么需要 我就在外面 |
[07:52] | I’m at the Roosevelt if there’s an emergency. | 如果有急事 我住在罗斯福酒店 |
[08:15] | In an interview just weeks before her death, | 在她死前几周的一段访谈中 |
[08:18] | Miss Monroe angrily protested to a reporter | 梦露女士向记者愤怒地抗议 |
[08:20] | About attacks on stars. | 攻击明星的行为 |
[08:22] | “We’re what’s okay with the movie business, ” She said. | 她说 “我们是电影事业好的方面 |
[08:25] | Management is what’s wrong with the business.” | 是管理层出了问题” |
[08:49] | Mr. Campbell, Miss Olson, and Mr. Romano are here. | 坎贝尔先生 奥尔森小姐和罗马诺先生来了 |
[08:53] | Send them in. | 请他们进来 |
[08:59] | My oldest just turned 30, | 我大女儿刚满30 |
[09:00] | And she’s had a string of bad beaux. | 有一群差劲的追求者 |
[09:02] | It’s very upsetting. | 很令人烦心 |
[09:04] | Can I get you kids anything? | 孩子们喝点什么 |
[09:06] | – I’m fine. – I’ll have something. | -不用了 -我来一杯 |
[09:08] | They’re probably walking over. | 他们也许正在路上 |
[09:10] | Dress rehearsal, Freddie. | 彩排下吧 弗雷迪 |
[09:12] | I’ll do introductions. | 我来做介绍 |
[09:14] | Jeff Hartung’s wife just had a baby. | 杰夫·哈通的妻子刚生了孩子 |
[09:16] | Boy or girl? | 男孩还是女孩 |
[09:17] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[09:19] | Then I talk about Volkswagen. | 然后我开始谈大众汽车 |
[09:21] | No. Don said we only bring up Volkswagen | 不 唐说如果他们不喜欢我们的提议 |
[09:23] | if they don’t like what we’ve presented. | 才需要再提大众汽车 |
[09:24] | Okay. Then I throw it to you, Freddie. | 好的 然后我把话题转给你 弗雷迪 |
[09:26] | Thank you, Freddie. | 谢谢 弗雷迪 |
[09:31] | “I just got a brand-new Samsonite Silhouette, | 我刚拿到崭新的新秀丽旅行箱 |
[09:34] | “and I hate it. | 但我讨厌它 |
[09:35] | “don’t get me wrong. | 不要误会 |
[09:36] | “I love the shape, the size, the color, | 我爱它的形状 大小 颜色 |
[09:39] | “and I love the silhouette because it’s a Samsonite, | 我爱这个旅行箱 因为它来自”新秀丽” |
[09:41] | So I know we’re going to go lots of places together,” | 我知道我们将一同去往很多地方 |
[09:43] | See lots of things, | 共同面对一切 |
[09:45] | Collect a lifetime of memories. | 珍藏一生的回忆 |
[09:47] | I hate my silhouette because it’s empty. | 我讨厌我的旅行箱 因为它还是空的 |
[09:51] | Then Sal. | 接下来 萨尔 |
[09:54] | Shouldn’t the artwork come first? | 为什么不一开始就亮出这幅插图呢 |
[09:56] | What about unveiling it? | 为什么不揭开它的面纱 |
[09:58] | You know how excited they get. | 你知道他们会多兴奋 |
[10:03] | Freddie? | 弗雷迪 |
[10:08] | Freddie. | 弗雷迪 |
[10:10] | What the hell, Freddie? | 怎么回事 弗雷迪 |
[10:11] | What… | 什么 |
[10:13] | What were we talking about? | 我们谈到哪了 |
[10:14] | Two types of travelers. | 两种类型的旅行者 |
[10:19] | Freddie, do you have another pair of trousers here? | 弗雷迪 你这里还有裤子吗 |
[10:22] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:24] | Oh, jesus. | 噢 天呐 |
[10:28] | Ah, jesus. | 啊 老天 |
[10:31] | I… I’ll fix this. l… | 我能解决 我 |
[10:34] | I need a… I need a minute. | 我需要 需要一点时间 |
[10:38] | I got to think. | 我得想想 |
[10:48] | Freddie? | 弗雷迪 |
[10:54] | Is he dead? | 他死了吗 |
[10:57] | No, he’s not dead. He passed out. | 不 他没死 他晕过去了 |
[11:01] | He’s fine. | 他没事 |
[11:03] | The Hartungs are at reception. | 哈通夫妇在前台 |
[11:07] | We’ll be right there. Thanks, Abigail. | 我们马上到 谢谢 阿比盖尔 |
[11:11] | He can’t leave this room. | 他没法离开这房间 |
[11:13] | They’re all from Colorado. | 他们从科罗拉多州远道而来 |
[11:15] | I guess I could push it until tomorrow, | 我想我可以拖延到明天 |
[11:18] | Book them another night at the Carlyle. | 帮他们在卡莱尔酒店多订一晚 |
[11:21] | Should I just cancel it? | 或者我应该直接取消吗 |
[11:23] | I should talk to Don. | 我应该和唐谈谈 |
[11:24] | That’s not necessary. I can handle this. | 没必要 我可以处理 |
[11:25] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[11:27] | Jesus. It’s a suitcase. | 老天 不过是个旅行箱 |
[11:29] | Peggy, you can do it, right? | 佩奇 你也可以的 对吗 |
[11:31] | You think it’s going to be better tomorrow? | 你觉得明天情况会好转吗 |
[11:33] | Shit. | 该死 |
[11:35] | It’ll be fine. | 会没事的 |
[11:36] | We’ll tell them Freddie’s sick. It’s true. | 我们告诉他们弗雷迪病了 这是事实 |
[11:39] | I’ll go to reception. | 我去前台 |
[11:41] | You two go to the conference room | 你们两先去会议室 |
[11:42] | And act like you are waiting | 假装你们在等 |
[11:43] | But don’t look mad. | 千万别看起来抓狂 |
[11:44] | Someone tell Freddie’s girl it’s cancelled. | 找人告诉弗雷迪的秘书会面取消了 |
[11:46] | I don’t want him wandering in. | 我可不想他闯进来 |
[11:51] | It’s disgusting. | 这真恶心 |
[11:52] | There’s no need for that. | 你没必要这样 |
[12:09] | Can I speak to you for a minute? | 我能和你说点事吗 |
[12:24] | Carla? | 卡拉 |
[12:54] | I forgot you were coming by. | 我忘了你会来 |
[12:56] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[12:58] | I haven’t been feeling well. | 我不太舒服 |
[13:01] | Oh, no, Betty. | 哦 不 贝蒂 |
[13:03] | You and Don are still coming tonight, I hope. | 你和唐今晚会来吧 希望如此 |
[13:05] | We’d love to. | 我们很愿意去 |
[13:06] | I just don’t think I’ll be up to it. | 但恐怕我到时候状态还是无法好转 |
[13:08] | That ruins things. | 那太糟糕了 |
[13:11] | Well, you wanted to borrow the black chiffon, right? | 对了 你想借那件黑色雪纺绸 对吗 |
[13:14] | Come upstairs. | 我们去楼上 |
[13:15] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[13:16] | I don’t know who I’m going to talk to. | 我不知道没你在我能跟谁聊天 |
[13:17] | Raymond has to work these things. | 雷蒙德得想法解决这些问题 |
[13:23] | And I got you out of bed? I am so sorry. | 是我把你吵醒了吗 太抱歉了 |
[13:26] | Give me the black one, and I’ll go. | 给我那件黑衣服 我马上就走 |
[13:28] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
[13:34] | I think my waist is higher than yours. | 我觉得我的腰比你高些 |
[13:37] | What do you have that’s generous? | 你有没有优雅一点的衣服 |
[13:40] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[13:44] | How about this? | 这件怎么样 |
[13:46] | You’ll look like sherbet. Long white gloves. | 你会看起来像果汁冰水 配上白色长手套 |
[13:48] | I can’t wear those after Gypsy. | 我不能穿得像个吉普赛人 |
[13:51] | Think you’ll be better by lunch on thursday? | 你周四午饭时会好些吗 |
[13:55] | I’m looking forward to it. | 我希望是吧 |
[13:59] | This is youthful. | 这件显得年轻些 |
[14:03] | It doesn’t matter. I’m invisible. | 算了 反正不会有人注意我 |
[14:08] | That’s not true. | 不会的 |
[14:09] | Raymond’s sweet about it, | 雷蒙德倒是很好 |
[14:12] | But he’s so easy to please. | 但他太容易取悦了 |
[14:15] | That’s sweet. | 那很好 |
[14:17] | It is. | 是的 |
[14:18] | I think, what did I do to deserve him? | 我总是想 我何以配得上他 |
[14:23] | Then I spend his money on Dr. Weinberg. | 但我还是用他的钱去看温伯格医生 |
[14:25] | I got my diagnosis the other day. | 不久前我拿到诊断书 |
[14:27] | I’m bored. | 我很烦 |
[14:30] | That’s too bad. | 那太糟糕了 |
[14:32] | I saw Arthur have a fight with Tara, | 我看到亚瑟和塔拉争执 |
[14:34] | And I have been having ridiculous dreams since. | 从那以后我就做荒唐的梦 |
[14:38] | I wish you’d come ride with us again. | 希望你能重新和我们一起骑马 |
[14:40] | It really takes the pressure off. | 这样真的可以减轻压力 |
[14:42] | Think you can carry this? | 这件怎么样 |
[14:46] | No, ma’am. | 不 女士 |
[14:49] | You shouldn’t talk to him so much. | 你不该和他说那么多话 |
[14:50] | I know. It’s embarrassing. | 我知道 这很尴尬 |
[14:56] | It’s a switch you can flip on and off, you know. | 你知道 这是你可以掌控的事 |
[14:59] | Really? | 是吗 |
[15:02] | You don’t even think about this, do you? | 你甚至从没想想问题出在哪儿 对吗 |
[15:05] | Don’s perfect. | 唐很完美 |
[15:13] | Can we talk at lunch? | 可以午饭时再聊吗 |
[15:15] | I’m really not feeling well. | 我真的感觉不太好 |
[15:18] | Take them all. | 都拿走吧 |
[15:19] | Oh, no. Just these two. | 哦 不 这两件就好 |
[15:59] | That’s it for today. | 今天就到这吧 |
[16:25] | Many’s the time I’ve dreamed of finding you like this. | 很多时候我都梦想像这样找到你 |
[16:28] | What are you doing here? | 你来这做什么 |
[16:31] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[16:32] | I’ll just get all my belongings, and then I’ll leave. | 我只是来拿我的东西 然后就走 |
[16:33] | It’s 4:30. | 现在才4:30 |
[16:34] | You’re supposed to be sitting in a bar somewhere | 你应该坐在酒吧的某处 |
[16:36] | Waiting for Boston Edison. | 等待波士顿·爱迪生 |
[16:38] | How often do you come in here? | 你多久来这里一次 |
[16:41] | Not that often. | 不是经常 |
[16:48] | What’s wrong, Red? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[16:50] | Do you miss me? | 因为想我吗 |
[16:53] | She was so young. | 她还那么年轻 |
[16:57] | Not you, too. | 别 你怎么也这么想 |
[16:59] | Yes, I’m just another frivolous secretary. | 没错 我一个轻佻的女秘书 |
[17:02] | It’s a terrible tragedy, | 这是场可怕的悲剧 |
[17:04] | But that woman’s a stranger. | 但那女人只是陌生人 |
[17:07] | Roosevelt… | 罗斯福 |
[17:08] | I hated him, but I felt like I knew him. | 尽管讨厌他 但起码感觉我了解他 |
[17:11] | A lot of people felt like they knew her. | 很多人都认为他们了解她 |
[17:12] | You should be sensitive to that. | 你应该知道这一点 |
[17:14] | Hey. You’re not like her. | 你可不像她 |
[17:20] | Physically, a little, | 身材上 是有点像 |
[17:22] | But don’t tell me that makes you sad. | 但别告诉我这让你伤心 |
[17:23] | It’s not a joke. | 这不是玩笑 |
[17:26] | This world destroyed her. | 这个世界毁了她 |
[17:27] | Really? she was a movie star who had everything And everybody, | 是吗 她是个拥有一切的电影明星 |
[17:32] | And she threw it away. | 是她抛弃了一切 |
[17:37] | But, hey, if you want to be sad. | 但是 如果你想发泄一下 |
[17:40] | One day you’ll lose someone who’s important to you. | 当有一天你失去某位对你重要的人 |
[17:43] | You’ll see. | 你会感受到 |
[17:45] | It’s very painful. | 这有多痛苦 |
[18:04] | Are you feeling better, mommy? | 你感觉好点吗 妈妈 |
[18:07] | Yes. I’ll join you next time. | 是的 下次我会和你们一起 |
[18:12] | I’m surprised daddy let you in the car. | 我很惊讶爸爸让你们坐车 |
[18:16] | You kids should go to bed. | 你们该睡觉了 |
[18:18] | Wash your face and brush your teeth. | 去洗脸刷牙 |
[18:19] | I’ll tuck you in. | 我会给你们盖好被子 |
[18:23] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:26] | You just came back. | 你刚回来 |
[18:29] | Now you’re leaving again? | 现在又要离开了吗 |
[18:32] | It’ll go by like that. | 就像这样 |
[18:35] | Come here. | 过来 |
[18:46] | It won’t be that long, Salamander. | 不会那么久的 萨丽 |
[18:50] | Go. | 去吧 |
[18:57] | Listen, she called my office. | 听着 她打到我办公室 |
[19:00] | She did? When? | 是吗 什么时候 |
[19:04] | Monday. | 周一 |
[19:06] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[19:08] | I think she expected you over the weekend. | 我想她是希望周末能看到你 |
[19:12] | You said you didn’t want me here, and then you do. | 你说过你不想我在这 现在你又想了 |
[19:14] | I didn’t want them involved in this. | 我只是不想把他们牵扯进来 |
[19:16] | Obviously, that’s impossible. | 显然 这不可能 |
[19:19] | What do you want to do? | 你到底想怎样 |
[19:21] | I mean, how long is this going to go on? | 我是说 这还要持续多久 |
[19:24] | We have to tell them something. | 我们必须告诉他们一些事 |
[19:26] | Like what? | 告诉什么 |
[19:30] | Okay. How about… | 好吧 这样如何 |
[19:32] | I’m working on an account. | 告诉他们我在为一位客户工作 |
[19:33] | They’re putting me up in Philadelphia, | 他们把我调到费城 |
[19:34] | But I’ll be home every weekend. | 但我每周末都会回家 |
[19:37] | Jesus. Did you just think that up? | 老天 你都打好算盘了是吗 |
[19:38] | Or I could just come home. | 或者我可以搬回家 |
[19:45] | Bets, what do you want? | 贝蒂 你想怎么样 |
[19:52] | Listen, if your mind’s made up, | 听着 如果你意已决 |
[19:53] | I’m not going to talk you into it. | 我不会再试图说服你 |
[19:54] | I thought you can talk anyone into anything. | 我以为你可以说服任何人做任何事 |
[20:02] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:19] | – Would you like coffee? – And a bear claw. | -需要咖啡吗 -再加份熊爪糕 |
[20:28] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[20:30] | I thought you could use a few more shirts in your rotation. | 我想你可能需要更多衬衫换洗 |
[20:37] | Thank you. Submit your receipt. | 谢谢 给我你的收据 |
[20:41] | Your correspondence is on your desk. | 你的信件在办公桌上 |
[20:42] | Let me get your breakfast. I’ll be right back. | 我去给你拿早餐 很快回来 |
[20:45] | And Mr. Kinsey said that | 还有 金西先生说 |
[20:47] | I have to drag you, If necessary, to the blood drive. | 需要的话 我需要和你一起去鲜血活动 |
[20:52] | You’re not a fainter, are you? | 你不会晕血 对吗 |
[20:54] | I don’t faint, but I might cry after. | 我不会晕 但那之后我可能会哭 |
[21:13] | Peggy. | 佩奇 |
[21:14] | Hello, Freddie. | 你好 弗雷迪 |
[21:15] | How’d it go yesterday? | 昨天进行的怎么样 |
[21:16] | I left word with abigail. They loved it. | 我给阿比盖尔留了话 他们很喜欢 |
[21:18] | Good. Good. | 很好 很好 |
[21:20] | I was thinking about letting you talk anyway. | 其实本来我就想让你来谈 |
[21:24] | I… | 我 |
[21:26] | I have to apologize for putting you in that spot. | 我很抱歉让你看到那不雅的一幕 |
[21:30] | Freddie, it’s over. | 弗雷迪 结束了 |
[21:31] | There’s no reason to talk about it. | 没必要再谈那事了 |
[21:33] | Of course. | 当然 |
[21:35] | Did they ask about me? | 他们问起我了吗 |
[21:37] | We told them you were sick. | 我们跟他们说你病了 |
[21:38] | That’s good. | 那很好 |
[21:41] | So on monday, when they get back to Colorado, | 星期一 当他们回到科罗拉多 |
[21:44] | I’ll give them a call and sew things up. | 我会打电话给他们 确保事情顺利 |
[21:45] | That’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[22:13] | Bobby… | 博比 |
[22:15] | Mrs. Draper. I’m sorry to bother you. | 德雷珀太太 抱歉打扰你了 |
[22:18] | It’s okay, Carla. | 没关系 卡拉 |
[22:22] | It’s a beautiful day. | 今天天气很好 |
[22:23] | I’m going to take the children out again. | 我想带孩子们出去 |
[22:25] | Is that good? | 可以吗 |
[22:27] | Whatever they want. | 随便他们 |
[22:32] | Can I do anything for you? | 需要我为你做什么吗 |
[22:34] | If you want, I can draw a bath. | 如果你想 我可以放一浴缸水 |
[22:36] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[22:44] | I’ve been married almost 20 years, you know. | 你知道 我结婚差不多20年了 |
[22:48] | I really don’t want to talk about this. | 我真的不想谈这个 |
[22:50] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:52] | I’m s… I’m sorry. | 我 我很抱歉 |
[22:55] | Carla… | 卡拉 |
[22:57] | I haven’t been seep… sleeping very well. | 我没睡 没睡好 |
[23:01] | You know what helps? | 知道该怎么做吗 |
[23:03] | Splash cold water on your face and go outside. | 用冷水洗把脸 然后出去走走 |
[23:05] | You’ll notice things are right where you left them. | 当你放下它们 反而会感到问题迎刃而解 |
[23:25] | I’m usually part of the meeting before the meeting. | 我通常不是会议最后一个到的 |
[23:27] | Relax, Don. Sit down. | 放松 唐 坐下 |
[23:29] | This is all being done in the right way. | 一切都很顺利 |
[23:35] | Campbell. | 坎贝尔 |
[23:39] | Well, Don, I’m afraid we have some bad news. | 唐 恐怕我们有些坏消息 |
[23:42] | We were on the launch pad yesterday for samsonite, | 昨天我们正在演练新秀丽的发布会 |
[23:45] | And Freddie Rumsen pissed his pants. | 弗雷迪竟然尿了裤子 |
[23:49] | What? | 什么 |
[23:50] | He’s not talking about nerves here. | 他又不是在说什么高深的东西 |
[23:51] | He’s talking about a wet pair of pants. | 他只是在说一条湿了的裤子 |
[23:55] | Really? | 真的 |
[23:57] | How’d the presentation go? | 那发布会如何进行 |
[23:59] | Don, it’s conduct unbefitting. | 唐 这很失体统 |
[24:01] | Of Freddie Rumsen? | 对弗雷迪·拉姆森吗 |
[24:03] | We’re lucky campbell here grabbed the controls. | 还好坎贝尔在 控制住了局面 |
[24:05] | He locked Rumsen up and threw Peggy Olson in. | 他稳住了拉姆森 让佩奇·奥尔森加入 |
[24:07] | We’re lucky the bench is deep. | 幸好椅子够他趟下 |
[24:10] | We have to cut him loose. | 我们得让他离队 |
[24:13] | Is that necessary? | 有这个必要吗 |
[24:13] | The man is a train wreck. | 这人是个麻烦 |
[24:16] | We at least need to get him off this account. | 至少不能再让他负责这个客户 |
[24:18] | They called already. | 他们已经打了电话 |
[24:19] | They’re thrilled with peggy. | 他们对佩奇很满意 |
[24:20] | No. I don’t want him on any of my accounts. | 不 我不想让他负责我的任何客户 |
[24:22] | This could have happened in a meeting. | 他可能在开会的时候也尿裤子 |
[24:24] | But it didn’t. | 但这并没有发生 |
[24:29] | That’ll be all, boys. | 好了 小伙子们 |
[24:31] | Thank you for bringing this to our attention. | 谢谢你们向我们汇报此事 |
[24:36] | We’re not doing him any favors | 如果继续留用他 |
[24:37] | Keeping him around. | 那是害了他 |
[24:43] | Duck’s a teetotaler. | 达克是禁酒主义者 |
[24:44] | He’s been gunning for Freddie since day 1. | 他从第一天起就向弗雷迪开火了 |
[24:46] | He’s got a point. | 但他有道理 |
[24:47] | We can’t even tell Cooper about this. | 可是我们却没法和库珀说 |
[24:48] | You know his whole thing with germs. | 你知道他的那套说辞 |
[24:52] | I don’t think it’s in my contract | 我不认为我的合约里有写 |
[24:53] | That Duck can fire someone in my department. | 达克可以解雇我部门里的任何人 |
[24:55] | You don’t have a contract, | 你没有合约 |
[24:57] | And I can fire anyone I want to. | 而我可以解雇任何我想解雇的人 |
[24:59] | We really don’t have a choice. | 我们真的别无选择 |
[25:01] | You can still get him to give blood. | 你还是可以让他去献血 |
[25:04] | The agencies will laugh about this, | 那些代理商会一笑了之 |
[25:06] | But the clients, | 但是客户们呢 |
[25:08] | They already think we’re all like that. | 只会觉得我们都和他一样 |
[25:13] | We’ll say it’s a six-month leave of absence | 我们就说是给他六个月的休假 |
[25:15] | So he can go for the cure. | 这样他就有时间去治病了 |
[25:16] | He’ll know what that means. | 他明白这意味着什么 |
[25:20] | You don’t want to throw him away. | 你真的想让他走人吗 |
[25:23] | Your loyalty is starting to become a liability. | 不要把忠诚当成是一种责任 |
[25:27] | Let’s do this before he finds out. | 在他还没察觉前完成 |
[25:28] | We don’t need any more accidents. | 不能再出什么差错 |
[25:30] | Dinner tonight. | 今晚一起吃饭 |
[25:32] | You need to call the missus? | 你要打电话给你妻子吗 |
[25:34] | I’ll make it. | 我会的 |
[26:14] | Mr.Case. | 卡西先生 |
[26:17] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[26:19] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[26:21] | It’s a beautiful day. | 今天天气很好 |
[26:25] | Have you just ridden, or are you about to ride? | 你是要走了 还是刚刚才来 |
[26:28] | I can never tell whether you’re before or after. | 你的装束让我看不出来 |
[26:30] | I’m on my way out. | 我正要离开 |
[26:31] | It’s good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[26:33] | How are your children? | 孩子们怎么样 |
[26:35] | They’re wonderful. | 他们很好 |
[26:39] | Have you seen Sara Beth lately? | 你最近有见过莎拉·巴斯吗 |
[26:41] | I think so. Monday, maybe? | 我想是的 好像是周一 |
[26:43] | That’s good news. | 那很好 |
[26:44] | I’m glad she came. | 很高兴她去了 |
[26:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:49] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[26:50] | I had noticed she seemed distracted. | 但我的确注意到她有点心不在焉 |
[26:52] | I shouldn’t have said anything. | 我不该说这些的 |
[26:55] | Is there anything i can do? | 有什么我可以帮忙的吗 |
[26:56] | No. But she’d be glad to know you’re concerned. | 不 但她若知道你担心她 她会很开心的 |
[27:00] | I think you make her feel better. | 我认为你让她感觉好多了 |
[27:02] | She talks about you a lot. | 她常常提起你 |
[27:04] | I didn’t mean to embarrass you. | 我不是有意让你尴尬 |
[27:07] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[27:09] | The three of us should go to lunch and have some fun. | 我们三个应该出来吃个饭 一起玩玩 |
[27:12] | It would cheer her up. | 这样会让她振作一点 |
[27:14] | It’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[27:15] | Thursday? | 这周四怎么样 |
[27:16] | Cafe soleil in old town. | 老城区的索勒咖啡馆 |
[27:18] | One o’clock | 下午一点 |
[27:19] | I’ll pick up the check. | 我请客 |
[27:21] | See you then. | 那到时见 |
[27:34] | That was nothing. | 这没什么 |
[27:35] | I’m thinking of doing it again. | 我在考虑要不要再献一次 |
[27:37] | You should smoke a cigarette right now. | 你现在应该抽只烟 |
[27:39] | I know they said not to, | 我知道医生说不可以 |
[27:40] | But I’m telling you, my knees buckled. | 但是我告诉你 我膝盖都直不起来了 |
[27:42] | I thought I was going to perform a full Freddie Rumsen. | 我觉得我要变成弗雷迪·拉姆森了 |
[27:45] | Ah, jesus. | 噢 老天 |
[27:48] | Hello, Don. We’re in the lead. | 唐 我们带头献完了 |
[27:50] | Turns out Hollis has a novel. | 看来霍利斯还是有些新奇想法的 |
[27:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:52] | Too bad Freddie made his donation yesterday. | 真可惜弗雷迪昨天献的 |
[27:55] | He’s a real wiz in advertising. | 他真是广告界的奇才 |
[27:57] | Ah, jesus. | 啊 天呐 |
[28:00] | What are you doing? | 你们在做什么 |
[28:02] | What do you mean? | 怎么了 |
[28:04] | That’s none of your business. | 这不关你们的事 |
[28:07] | Freddie had a bad day. | 弗雷迪昨天很难堪 |
[28:09] | Can’t you find something else to do | 你们除了像群小女生一样 |
[28:10] | Besides dining on the drama of other people’s lives | 在背后拿别人的生活作为谈资 |
[28:13] | Like a bunch of teenage girls? | 就找不到别的事做了吗 |
[28:16] | Sorry, Don. It’s funny. | 抱歉 唐 但真的很好笑 |
[28:20] | Sure. | 没错 |
[28:22] | It’s just a man’s name, right? | 不过是个男人的尊严而已 对吗 |
[28:32] | Could you leave us alone for a moment? | 我们可以等下再点菜吗 |
[28:36] | Truth to tell, I was a little nervous. | 老实说 我有一点紧张 |
[28:38] | I’d never given one of those funny speeches before | 我还从没说过那些可笑的话 |
[28:40] | Where you say what you don’t mean. | 简直词不达意 |
[28:43] | Freddie, we’ve reached a decision. | 弗雷迪 我们一致认为 |
[28:45] | You’re going to take a six-month leave of absence. | 你需要六个月的假期 |
[28:49] | Is that necessary? | 真的需要这样吗 |
[28:50] | The door will be open. | 你随时可以回来 |
[28:52] | It was a snafu. | 那只是个意外 |
[28:54] | Isn’t the embarrassment enough? | 我还不够丢脸吗 |
[28:57] | Full salary, you dry out, come back, | 还是拿全薪 休息一下 然后回来 |
[28:59] | We’ll see where we are. | 一切照旧 |
[29:02] | Clients love me. I keep up with them. | 客户们喜欢我 我了解他们 |
[29:05] | We have laughs. | 我们关系很好 |
[29:07] | Monday morning, I’ll be good as new, I promise. | 周一早上回来 我保证自己没事 |
[29:09] | There’s a line, Freddie, | 我们有原则 弗雷迪 |
[29:12] | And you wet it. | 是你搞砸了[同”淋湿了”] |
[29:14] | You see? we’re laughing about it. | 你看 不过是个可笑的小插曲 |
[29:16] | What’s the big deal? | 有什么大不了 |
[29:18] | You remember Bob Peebles? How mean he was? | 还记得鲍勃·皮博斯吗 记得他多刻薄吗 |
[29:22] | He fired his secretary, | 他炒掉了他的秘书 |
[29:23] | And he threw all her things out the window, | 把她的东西全扔出窗子 |
[29:25] | Including her keys. | 包括她的钥匙 |
[29:27] | That was good for morale. | 那是人心所向 |
[29:32] | What is this about? | 这到底是为了什么 |
[29:34] | Duck Phillips? | 因为达克·菲利普斯吗 |
[29:37] | He’s as dry as a bone. | 他这人一点都不开窍 |
[29:38] | He doesn’t understand this business. | 对广告业根本一无所知 |
[29:40] | Freddie, my father would have fired you for this. | 弗雷迪 如果是我父亲 他会直接炒了你 |
[29:42] | Your father drank more than the two of you put together. | 你父亲的酒量大过你们两加一起 |
[29:45] | He used to come in with his shirt on inside-out. | 他以前醉得连衣服都穿反了就来上班 |
[29:49] | He admired you. | 他对你可是赞赏有加 |
[29:50] | I, however, had different feelings at the time. | 我当时可不这么认为 |
[29:54] | When we first met, | 我们第一次见面时 |
[29:55] | Bonny prince sterling here thought I was a coward | 邦尼·斯特林认为我是个懦夫 |
[29:57] | Because I was in the signal corps. | 因为我以前是通信兵 |
[29:59] | I didn’t know it was only for his last six months. | 我也是半年前才知道 |
[30:00] | I thought he was a typist. | 之前还以为他是打字员 |
[30:04] | Turns out before that, | 原来他曾经 |
[30:05] | He was in charge of killing people… | 是个掌管生杀大权的人 |
[30:06] | And by people, I mean germans. | 当然了 我指的是德国人 |
[30:08] | It was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[30:09] | Come on. Be proud. | 拜托 这是件荣耀的事情 |
[30:11] | What was it? like 15 of them. | 当时解决了多少人 15个吗 |
[30:12] | That’s impressive. | 令人刮目相看 |
[30:16] | Look, I can be completely in control. | 听着 我能控制好自己 |
[30:20] | My podiatrist went to Hazleton. | 我的足科医师去黑泽尔顿回来后 |
[30:22] | Came back a new man with great stories. | 简直焕然一新 |
[30:24] | Only drinks beer now. | 而且现在只喝啤酒 |
[30:31] | It’s the best thing, Freddie. | 这对你来说是最佳选择 弗雷迪 |
[30:38] | Well, I guess you get dealt the hand you get dealt, right? | 我猜你们这么做也是不得已 对吗 |
[30:44] | I can pull myself together. | 我会重新振作的 |
[30:45] | I got a great book. | 我有丰富的阅历 |
[30:49] | Maybe I’ll head to philly or boston. | 也许我会去费城或者波士顿 |
[30:53] | They’re all dying to do what we do here. | 那里的人都渴望做广告业 |
[30:56] | You know I’ll recommend you. | 我可以推荐几个地方给你 |
[30:58] | Fantastic. So this could be good. | 太好了 这完全可以是件好事 |
[31:00] | There are a lot of great towns. | 外面有很多不错的地方 |
[31:04] | My father sold greeting cards. | 我父亲以前是卖贺卡的 |
[31:06] | He used to come into the kitchen, | 他总是跑到厨房来 |
[31:08] | Unroll this map on the table, | 把地图铺到桌上 |
[31:10] | And put a finger on a spot and say something like, | 然后指着某个地方说 |
[31:12] | “memphis. who wants to live in memphis?” | 孟菲斯 谁会愿意住在孟菲斯 |
[31:15] | I’d say, “not me.” | 我会说 我不会 |
[31:16] | We had only been in springfield for nine months. | 我们才刚到斯普林菲尔德九个月 |
[31:21] | Meanwhile, here we are. | 而现在 我们在这里 |
[31:24] | To New York. | 敬纽约 |
[31:25] | Come on. Let’s make a night of it. | 来吧 过个难忘的纽约之夜 |
[31:30] | Really? | 真的 |
[31:30] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[31:34] | To monday morning. | 敬周一早上 |
[31:36] | It’ll be here faster than you think. | 我会比计划更早回来的 |
[31:40] | Hold off on the menus. | 等等再点菜 |
[31:41] | We’re going to take another lap first. | 我们要再喝一杯 |
[31:43] | Bring some bread. | 拿点面包过来 |
[31:51] | Give me 5 bucks. | 给我五美元 |
[31:52] | No. Sorry. Don. | 不 抱歉 唐 |
[31:58] | Can I help you gentlemen? | 有什么可以帮忙吗 先生们 |
[32:00] | Swordfish. | 我是斯沃德费 |
[32:02] | And who are you here to see? | 你要见谁 |
[32:05] | You can’t do that now. | 我给了你小费 |
[32:06] | I just gave you the money. | 你就不该问这个了 |
[32:07] | Come on. Do we look like cops? | 拜托 我们看起来像警察吗 |
[32:10] | Sir? | 先生 |
[32:13] | I have a very good friend… | 我有位挚友在里面 |
[32:15] | I can’t remember the guy’s name. | 想不起来他的名字了 |
[32:18] | How about if I give you our names? | 不如告诉你我们的名字怎么样 |
[32:19] | I’m Dick Dollars, | 我是迪克·多勒斯[美元先生] |
[32:20] | This is Mike Moneybags, | 他是麦克·麦尼拜[钱袋先生] |
[32:22] | And this… | 然后这位是 |
[32:24] | Tilden Katz. | 提尔登·卡兹 |
[32:29] | Ah, fine. | 好吧 |
[32:31] | Here. | 拿着 |
[32:33] | That’s a 20. | 这是二十块 |
[32:37] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[32:56] | Is it Milwaukee? | 这是密尔沃基市吗 |
[32:57] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[32:58] | Son of a bitch. | 婊子养的 |
[33:18] | The chuck-a-luck. | 掷骰子 |
[33:27] | Going to need some cocktails. | 得来点鸡尾酒 |
[33:33] | Hey, Isn’t that the champ back there? | 后面那个不是赌王吗 |
[33:35] | For another couple of months. | 再多当几个月而已 |
[33:37] | You’re crazy. | 你疯了 |
[33:38] | Nobody’s going to beat him. | 没人赢得了他 |
[33:43] | Hey, loosen up. | 放松点 |
[33:44] | Everything’s going to be okay. | 一切都会好的 |
[33:48] | Just in time. | 来得正好 |
[33:51] | Canadian Club neat, Wolfschmidt gibson, | CC威士忌 沃夫斯密特吉布森伏特加 |
[33:53] | Granddad rocks. | 老祖父波旁威士忌 加冰 |
[33:57] | Pete campbell, huh? | 皮特·坎贝尔吗 |
[33:59] | I would have never thought I was in his way. | 从来没想过我会误了他的事 |
[34:06] | You know, you bet badly. | 知道吗 你赌技很烂 |
[34:08] | Obviously. | 很明显 |
[34:09] | No. I mean you win a few times, | 不 我是说你赢了好几次 |
[34:10] | You got to start really putting it out there. | 然后你应该另辟蹊径 |
[34:12] | You kept betting the same thing. | 结果你还一直赌同一个点 |
[34:14] | You’re so good at this, why don’t you quit your job? | 既然你赌技这么好 为何不辞掉工作 |
[34:20] | See? He’s having a great time. | 看见没 他玩得很开心 |
[34:26] | Hello, there. | 你们好 |
[34:27] | Are we winners or losers? | 输了还是赢了 |
[34:31] | Losers tonight, but winners in general. | 今晚是输家 但总的来说是赢家 |
[34:35] | You know, BBDO hired a colored kid. | 天联广告公司雇了个黑人小子 |
[34:38] | What do you think of that? | 你有何想法 |
[34:40] | I think I’m glad I’m not that kid. | 很庆幸我不是那个孩子 |
[34:46] | I’m sorry. Can we get you a drink or something? | 抱歉 要我们帮你叫杯酒还是怎么样 |
[34:49] | No. | 不用了 |
[34:56] | I’m sorry. Were you interested? | 抱歉 你对她有兴趣吗 |
[34:58] | No, I’m fine. Thank you. | 不 不用了 谢谢 |
[35:00] | I know what’s going on. | 我知道发生什么事了 |
[35:02] | You come in too early. | 你上班来得那么早 |
[35:04] | You got dry cleaning moving in and out. | 每天带着干洗过的衣服进出 |
[35:06] | I can’t remember the last time it was | 我都不记得你最后一次 |
[35:07] | you went out spirit the moment. | 心情愉快地走出办公室是什么时候了 |
[35:09] | Send off Freddie, I had to send off Freddie. | 送弗雷迪 我还得去为弗雷迪送行 |
[35:11] | Come on. | 得了 |
[35:13] | I’ve been in your particular situation. | 我也经历过这种情况 |
[35:15] | I heard you chaired the blood drive. | 我还听说你在献血活动中拔得头筹 |
[35:18] | Where are you, the Stanhope? | 你现在住哪儿 斯坦霍普酒店 |
[35:19] | The Biltmore? | 还是贝尔特摩酒店 |
[35:20] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[35:21] | Did she kick you out? You leave? | 她把你踢出门的 还是你离家出走了 |
[35:22] | There’s nothing to talk about. | 没什么好谈的 |
[35:23] | Look, people make mistakes. | 人总会犯错的 |
[35:26] | You feel bad about it. You think things over, | 你感觉很糟糕 仔细权衡 |
[35:27] | And in the end you do the grand gesture for her. | 最后在她面前摆摆高姿态 |
[35:31] | It’ll be easy for you. You’re creative. | 对你来说轻而易举 你点子很多 |
[35:33] | Roger, will you stop? | 罗杰 能别说了吗 |
[35:35] | All I’m going to say is do you want to be right, | 我只想说 你是想忠于内心 |
[35:37] | or do you want to be married? | 还是想保住婚姻 |
[35:38] | I know marriage isn’t a natural state, but you do it. | 虽然婚姻并非人的自然状态 但还是得这么做 |
[35:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[35:42] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[35:45] | Kids. | 为了繁衍后代 |
[35:47] | Again! | 又赢了 |
[35:49] | And don’t fool yourself. There are other things. | 别自欺欺人 还有别的原因 |
[35:52] | Think about when you met her. | 想想你当初见到她时 |
[35:57] | Okay. I’m sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[35:58] | You’re so secretive. | 你总是这么神秘 |
[36:01] | Hey, Don. Look who’s here. | 唐 看看谁来了 |
[36:06] | If it isn’t the man in the gray flannel suit. | 莫非是穿灰色法兰绒西服的绅士 |
[36:14] | What the hell was that for? | 这是怎么回事 |
[36:18] | We’re going to go. | 我们这就走 |
[36:20] | Don’t worry about it. I’m sure it’s not the first time | 别担心 他脸上挨这一拳 |
[36:22] | He’s been punch in the face | 肯定不是第一次了 |
[36:28] | Hey, Floyd. How’d I do? | 弗洛伊德 瞧我身手如何 |
[36:38] | I’m sure there are 20 people who want to thank you for that. | 我肯定你这一拳是民心所向 |
[36:41] | It wasn’t exactly a fair match-up. | 但刚才并不是公平竞技 |
[36:43] | I think that’s going to do it for me. | 以其人之身还其人之复 |
[36:46] | Yeah. me, too. | 我也这么认为 |
[36:48] | It’s getting late. | 时候不早了 |
[36:50] | – This was a nice evening. – Hold on. | -今晚很开心 -等等 |
[36:53] | Don and I are going to the east side. you take it. | 唐和我去城东 你搭这辆车 |
[36:56] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[37:05] | I’d like to stay and get all sentimental with you, | 我很想留下陪你叙叙旧 |
[37:08] | but I got to go and give a china man a music lesson. | 但我还得去给个中国人上音乐课 |
[37:11] | Want to watch how I do it, unzipping the fly and everything? | 想看我怎么上课的吗 宽衣解带 还有那些 |
[37:14] | Yeah. Go to hell. | 见鬼去吧 |
[37:17] | Take him to Mccann. | 送他到麦卡恩 |
[37:25] | This was fun. | 今晚很愉快 |
[37:26] | Good. | 很好 |
[37:27] | I’m going to miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[37:30] | You’re talented. | 你很有天赋 |
[37:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:35] | Thank you, Freddie. | 谢谢你 弗雷迪 |
[37:37] | It means a lot. | 这对我很有意义 |
[37:40] | What am I going to do? | 我以后能做什么 |
[37:42] | What am I going to tell Violet? | 我怎么告诉瓦丽特 |
[37:46] | I don’t know. It sounded like you had a plan. | 不知道 但听起来你已经有计划了 |
[37:49] | I’m not kidding, Don. | 我不是开玩笑 唐 |
[37:52] | What am I going to do? | 我以后还能做什么 |
[37:55] | It’s not an ending. | 这不是结束 |
[37:57] | It’s a fresh start. | 而是全新的开始 |
[38:02] | If I don’t go into that office every day, who am I? | 如果不再每天去那间办公室 那我是谁 |
[38:11] | Where do you live, Freddie? | 你住哪里 弗雷迪 |
[38:14] | 152 Riverside Drive. | 沿河路152号 |
[38:17] | Apartment 604. | 604公寓 |
[38:21] | No matter what he says, take him there. | 不管他待会说什么 都送他到那地址 |
[38:30] | Good night, Freddie. | 晚安 弗雷迪 |
[38:33] | Good-bye, Don. | 再见 唐 |
[38:52] | See, I find if I stick with the clear liquors… | 我发现只有喝诸如清酒 |
[38:54] | Vodka, gin… I know where I stand. | 伏特加 杜松子 我才能清醒 |
[38:58] | I’m the opposite. | 我正相反 |
[39:01] | So what do you think, because you gave blood, | 那你怎么想 就因为你献了血 |
[39:03] | The whiskey made you a little angry? | 威士忌就让你反感了 |
[39:06] | That was a real Archibald Whitman maneuver. | 那是阿基保尔·惠特曼的惯用花招 |
[39:09] | Who’s that? | 他是谁 |
[39:10] | The hothead drunker I used to know. | 以前认识的一个性急的酒鬼 |
[39:12] | Jimmy Barrett’s a weasel. | 吉米·巴雷特是个爱告密的家伙 |
[39:14] | Enjoy. | 别管他 |
[39:21] | So what’s going on with you? | 你到底是怎么回事 |
[39:27] | I’m at the Roosevelt. | 我住在罗斯福酒店 |
[39:29] | See? That wasn’t so hard. | 你看 说出来没那么难 |
[39:32] | I really don’t want to discuss it, Roger. | 我真的不想谈论这个 罗杰 |
[39:33] | Why, because you feel so bad? | 为什么 因为你感觉很难受 |
[39:35] | I’ve been there. | 我也经历过 |
[39:38] | No, I don’t feel bad at all. | 不 我一点也不难受 |
[39:44] | I mean, sometimes… Mostly, I’m just relived. | 有时候 其实是如释重负的感觉 |
[39:50] | Really? | 是吗 |
[39:54] | Do you fall in love? | 你爱上别人了 |
[39:59] | That would be easier. | 那样的话还好些 |
[40:02] | Then I’d know what to do. | 至少我知道该怎么做 |
[40:03] | Easier… | 好些 |
[40:06] | There’s some incredible woman, | 确实有些极好的女人 |
[40:08] | And someone’s going to end up with her, | 会有人最后与她们厮守终身 |
[40:09] | But it can’t be you. | 但不会是你 |
[40:11] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[40:15] | Because we’re married. | 因为我们是有妇之夫 |
[40:24] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[40:27] | It’s your life. | 这就是生活 |
[40:30] | You don’t know how long it’s going to be, | 虽然不知道它能走多远 |
[40:31] | But you know it’s got a bad ending. | 但已经可以预见不好的结局 |
[40:35] | You have to move forward as soon as you figure out what that is. | 一旦想明白 你就得向前看走下去 |
[40:42] | Two coronaries. | 难以抉择 |
[40:54] | Got to move forward. | 但还得向前看 |
[40:57] | It’s your life. | 这就是你的生活 |
[41:02] | I mean, this can’t be it, right? | 生活不是这样的 对吗 |
[41:07] | We’re in it together, huh? | 但我们都身陷其中对吗 |
[41:19] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[41:27] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[41:28] | Close the door. | 关上门 |
[41:42] | That was quite a presentation you gave. | 你做得展示非常好 |
[41:44] | The Samsonite people are thrilled. | 新秀丽公司的人很喜欢 |
[41:46] | That’s good to hear. | 很高兴听你这么说 |
[41:49] | They’ve requested that you be reassigned | 他们要求由你重新负责 |
[41:51] | as the copywriter on their account. | 为他们撰写广告 |
[41:54] | What about Freddie? | 那弗雷迪怎么办 |
[41:57] | Freddie’s decided to take a few months off. | 弗雷迪决定先休几个月的假 |
[41:59] | He did? When’s he coming back? | 是吗 他什么时候回来 |
[42:01] | It doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[42:03] | You’ll be taking over all of his business. | 你将全面接管他的工作 |
[42:09] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[42:11] | You know, I really don’t like walking into | 你知道 我真的不希望 |
[42:12] | an ambush from duck and Pete Campbell. | 落入达克和坎贝尔的圈套 |
[42:15] | I don’t know why anyone had to know about that. | 我真的不知道别人怎么会知道这事 |
[42:18] | Even me? | 连我也不能知道 |
[42:20] | No, of course you, | 不 你当然该知道 |
[42:21] | But… | 但是 |
[42:23] | I just thought that… | 我只是觉得 |
[42:25] | I love Freddie. | 我很喜欢弗雷迪 |
[42:27] | What’s your point? | 你想表达什么 |
[42:30] | Don’t feel bad about being good at your job. | 你不必因为工作出色感到难受 |
[42:35] | I wish it hadn’t happened this way. | 我只是不希望以这种方式受到提拔 |
[42:40] | That’s the way it happened. | 但就是这样 |
[42:44] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[43:13] | – Miss Olson… – In a minute. | -奥尔森小姐 -我很快出来 |
[43:15] | You couldn’t keep your mouth shut. | 你这个大嘴巴 |
[43:16] | Mr. Campbell. | 坎贝尔先生 |
[43:17] | Do you know what you did to Freddie Rumsen? | 你知不知道你对弗雷迪·拉姆森做了什么 |
[43:19] | For just cause. | 这是正确的 |
[43:20] | You didn’t have to tell Don. | 你没必要告诉唐 |
[43:22] | You told on Mr. Rumsen? | 你告发了拉姆森先生 |
[43:23] | Do you mind? | 介意回避下吗 |
[43:29] | It would have gotten out anyway. | 反正纸总包不住火 |
[43:30] | Right, and he’d be some legend in one of those stupid stories. | 是啊 从此就跻身那些蠢事主人公之列 |
[43:33] | Remember the guy who wet his pants before the big meeting? | 让人们牢记那个大型会议前尿裤子的人 |
[43:36] | Instead, he’s finished. | 事实上他一切都完了 |
[43:37] | Why do you feel bad for him? | 你为什么替他难过 |
[43:39] | Those people always blame their problems on society. | 那些人总爱怨天尤人 |
[43:42] | He did it to himself. | 他是自作自受 |
[43:43] | Those people have no self-control. | 他们根本没有自控能力 |
[43:45] | If it wasn’t for him, I’d still be a secretary. | 如果不是他 我还只是个秘书 |
[43:47] | If it wasn’t for me, you’d still be a junior copywriter. | 要是没我 你也只不过是个初级文案 |
[43:51] | I refuse to feel bad. | 我不会难受的 |
[43:53] | We’re going to get raises. | 我们会升职 |
[43:55] | You could get his office. | 你还可以得到他的办公室 |
[43:58] | Now, I’ll go first. Congratulations, Peggy. | 好了 我先走了 祝贺你 佩奇 |
[44:06] | Congratulations, Pete. | 也祝贺你 皮特 |
[44:17] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[44:19] | This is me. | 是我 |
[44:21] | It’s nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[44:23] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[44:25] | Betty invited me for lunch, | 贝蒂邀请我吃午餐 |
[44:26] | But we’re going to need another place setting. | 不过我们还得加把椅子 |
[44:31] | We’re going to be three. | 我们有三位 |
[44:36] | Betty didn’t say you’d be joining us. | 贝蒂没说你会来 |
[44:38] | I hope I’m not intruding. | 希望没打扰你们 |
[44:40] | She thought it would be fun. | 她觉得这样会比较有趣 |
[44:42] | It will be. | 当然 |
[44:44] | It’s just gotten infinitely more fun. | 有你在有趣多了 |
[44:49] | I think I need whatever you’re having. | 我想还是和你点一样的好了 |
[44:52] | It’s a gin and tonic. | 就是金汤利 |
[44:54] | Nothing special. | 没什么特别 |
[44:56] | It’s perfect. | 很完美 |
[45:04] | Keep stirring. | 继续搅动 |
[45:10] | Bobby, go get two spoons. | 博比 去拿两把勺子 |
[45:28] | So with Indian point open now, | 印度点区域现在已开放[能源实验室] |
[45:30] | We should be able to use even a modest safety record. | 我们甚至可以采用保守的安全记录 |
[45:33] | We were spitballing about a cartoon turtle. | 此前我们一直在为一只卡通乌龟折腾 |
[45:36] | Kids… keeps it friendly and nature-loving, | 但其实 孩子们天性就喜欢它 |
[45:40] | And then we just hammer the Ravenswood area | 然后我们再打入拉文斯伍德市场 |
[45:42] | Until they’re ready for the next plant. | 直到它们又有新厂设立计划 |
[45:45] | You on board with that? | 你赞成吗 |
[45:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:52] | I want to see schedules, and I want to see this turtle. | 我要看下具体安排 还有这只乌龟 |
[46:04] | He doesn’t want to be disturbed. | 他不想有人打扰 |
[46:09] | Hello, Don. | 你好 唐 |
[46:10] | Hello, Mona. Jane, it’s okay. | 你好 莫娜 简 你出去吧 |
[46:18] | Just stop. | 别掺和了 |
[46:20] | What? | 什么 |
[46:22] | I don’t even know what to say to you. | 我都不知道怎么跟你说 |
[46:25] | About what? | 说什么 |
[46:26] | Don’t act innocent. | 别装得那么无辜 |
[46:29] | He’s leaving me for his secretary. | 他为了他的秘书 要离开我 |
[46:32] | Roger? | 罗杰 |
[46:33] | He’s in love, and you said it was great. | 他爱上了别人 而你竟然附和 |
[46:36] | Mona, I didn’t say anything. | 莫娜 我什么也没说 |
[46:38] | “It’s your life. You have to move forward.” | “这就是你的生活 你得向前看” |
[46:45] | Mona, I didn’t mean it that way. | 莫娜 我不是那个意思 |
[46:47] | 25 years of marriage. | 25年的婚姻毁于一旦 |
[46:54] | I want you to calm down. | 希望你冷静点 |
[46:56] | Don’t make me make a scene. | 别逼我大吵大闹 |
[46:58] | We should talk about this. | 我们应该谈谈 |
[47:00] | You can talk to Margaret. | 你跟玛格丽特谈好了 |
[47:25] | Listen, Don, I can explain. | 听着 唐 我可以解释 |
[47:28] | I want her off my desk. | 让她走人 |