时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:42] | I was expecting the Piersons as well, but they’re not coming. | 我本来是在等皮尔森一家人 可他们不来了 |
[00:45] | Please. | 请坐 |
[00:53] | My goodness. | 我的天啊 |
[00:55] | Of course. Here, take mine. | 当然 来坐我的椅子 |
[01:07] | I appreciate that both of you are here. | 非常感谢你们两个今天都能来 |
[01:11] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[01:12] | The children were at the water fountain during gym | 体育课的时候他们在饮水器边喝水 |
[01:15] | And Sally told Becky Pierson she should save some for the fish. | 萨丽让贝奇·皮尔森给鱼留点 |
[01:19] | Becky ignored her. | 贝奇没有理她 |
[01:21] | Sally hit the back of her head | 萨丽打了她的后脑勺 |
[01:22] | And her face went into the spigot. | 而她的脸撞上了水龙头 |
[01:25] | And then Becky went after her… | 然后贝奇开始追她 |
[01:27] | Hair pulling, scratching. | 扯头发 用指甲抓她 |
[01:32] | She didn’t need stitches in the end, I understand? | 应该没有严重到需要缝针吧 |
[01:34] | This girl… this Becky Pierson, | 这个女孩 这个贝奇·皮尔森 |
[01:38] | – Sally told me she’s a bruiser. – She’s heavy. | -萨丽告诉我她很壮 -她块头是有点儿大 |
[01:42] | The children poke pencils into her sides | 她坐着的时候有同学用铅笔戳她 |
[01:44] | When she’s sitting because they think she can’t feel it. | 因为他们觉得她感觉不到 |
[01:47] | – Sally doesn’t do that, does she? – No… | -萨丽没那么做过吧 -没有 |
[01:51] | But… | 不过 |
[01:52] | This bad behavior is new. | 这种出格的行为是最近才出现的 |
[01:54] | I know that you’re expecting a child, | 我知道你们正在期待一个新生儿的降临 |
[01:56] | But she already has a little brother. | 但是她已经有个弟弟了 |
[01:58] | I guess what I’m asking is, | 我想问的是 |
[02:00] | has anything changed at home recently? | 最近您家里有什么变故吗 |
[02:05] | My… | 我 |
[02:08] | My father passed away | 我父亲过世了 |
[02:11] | Last week… | 就在上周 |
[02:16] | The week before… two weeks now. | 不 已经两周了 |
[02:21] | I feel terrible for bringing that up for you. | 我很抱歉又提起了你的伤心事 |
[02:25] | Well, it… it has not been easy. | 的确 这种事很难以释怀 |
[02:30] | Is this grandpa Gene we’re talking about? | 是她的吉恩外公吗 |
[02:33] | Oh, that poor thing. | 真可怜 |
[02:35] | Sally didn’t mention it? | 萨丽没有提起过吗 |
[02:38] | Why didn’t you call us or send a note? | 你们为什么不给我们打个电话或送个信 |
[02:42] | I don’t think she missed a day. | 她一天都没有缺勤过 |
[02:45] | Did she go to the funeral? | 她去葬礼了吗 |
[02:47] | Why would we put her through that? | 我们不想让她经历这些 |
[02:49] | I don’t think children belong in graveyards. | 我觉得墓地不是孩子该去的地方 |
[02:55] | No, of course not. | 没错 你说的对 |
[02:57] | Now I realize why she was asking all those questions | 现在我知道她为什么会问这些问题了 |
[03:00] | About Medgar Evers’ murder. | 关于麦格·艾佛斯的谋杀案 |
[03:02] | She was? | 她问过吗 |
[03:04] | I’m… I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:06] | I have to use the ladies’room again. | 我得再去趟洗手间 |
[03:08] | We can talk about this another time. | 我们可以下次再谈这些 |
[03:10] | No, I’m not as upset as I look. | 不用 我没有那么悲伤 |
[03:12] | I… I can’t help this. | 我只是忍不住了 |
[03:24] | I am mortified. | 我说错话了 |
[03:26] | It’s not a good time. | 确实不应该这时候说这些 |
[03:27] | No, and… | 没错 |
[03:29] | It really should be, shouldn’t it? | 本来不应该这样的 对吗 |
[03:32] | Sally does need more attention. | 你们应该多关心关心萨丽 |
[03:34] | She’s grieving. | 她很悲伤 |
[03:37] | There is a very special pain | 在那么小的年龄失去祖父 |
[03:39] | To losing someone at that age. | 对于一个孩子的打击是很大的 |
[03:44] | I don’t know if you can understand that. | 我不知道你是否可以理解 |
[03:49] | I can. | 我理解 |
[03:58] | Mrs. Draper, I was just talking to your husband | 德雷柏夫人 我刚才和你丈夫谈了 |
[04:01] | And this really can wait. | 这件事真的可以以后再谈的 |
[04:03] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[04:06] | Because I just want to put it behind us. | 因为我只是想让这件事赶快过去 |
[04:09] | I just really want everything to be okay when the baby comes. | 我希望孩子出生时一切顺利 |
[04:13] | It’s going to be a beautiful summer. | 这个夏天会非常美好的 |
[04:22] | Tip to Barman 75. | 酒保的小费 七十五美分 |
[04:25] | Hat-check tip to the bar 50. | 拿帽子的小费 五十美分 |
[04:27] | Tap the restaurant. $1.12. Tipped car drive 38. | 酒店小费1.12美元 司机费用38美元 |
[04:31] | Dinner $19.44.” | 吃饭消费19.44美元 |
[04:35] | It’s better to have a bit of Don Draper than no Don Draper at all. | 唐·德雷柏来了总比不来强 |
[04:39] | I’d like that in writing. | 你不如把说的这些写下来 |
[04:42] | It seems strange that the two of you went | 有件事情很奇怪 你们两个 |
[04:45] | On the same overnight trip and you put in for $70 | 一起去出差过夜 你报销了70美元 |
[04:49] | And he put in for $82. | 而他报销了82美元 |
[04:51] | If I were lying, wouldn’t I have made it a round number? | 如果要撒谎我为什么不选个整数 |
[04:54] | Not that Don’s lying. | 我也不是说唐在撒谎 |
[04:55] | I signed his receipts, didn’t I? | 我在他的收据上签了字 不是吗 |
[04:59] | Which brings us to the undocumented portion of my assessment. | 这使得我的费用分配统计无据可查 |
[05:03] | The amount of pencils, pens, | 铅笔 钢笔 |
[05:06] | Pads, paper and postage | 复写纸 纸张和邮票 |
[05:08] | That are currently being consumed | 我们公司这些东西的消耗量 |
[05:10] | suit a company four times our size. | 是我们同类公司的四倍 |
[05:15] | It has also been brought to my attention | 而且我还注意到 |
[05:18] | that a credenza has disappeared… | 有个书柜不见了 |
[05:21] | A theft that I believe necessitates a conspiracy. | 一个小偷肯定需要一个同谋 |
[05:25] | People forget that Karl Marx was the | 人们已经淡忘了卡尔·马克思 |
[05:26] | greatest economist who ever lived. | 是史上最伟大的经济学家 |
[05:28] | And whatever you think of his solution, | 暂且不论他提出的解决方案 |
[05:30] | The problem he posed was about | 但他提出的问题都是关于 |
[05:32] | the catastrophic up and down of the marketplace. | 灾难性的商海浮沉的 |
[05:34] | Tell the folks at Admiral that Karl Marx says everything’s okay. | 告诉艾德蒙的人 卡尔·马克思说不必惊慌 |
[05:37] | “boom and bust. Bull and bear. | 繁荣和衰败 牛市或熊市 |
[05:39] | I need a TV. I have a TV.” | 如果需要电视 该买还是要买的 |
[05:41] | Damn it, Paul, | 该死 保罗 |
[05:42] | someone helped Ken cherry-pick all of Burt’s successful accounts | 肯背后有人相助 分到的都是成功客户 |
[05:44] | And I’ve been left with the dogs. | 而我的客户却和狗屎一样 |
[05:46] | – Admiral is not a dog. – Sales are flat. | -艾德蒙不是狗屎 -他们销售平平 |
[05:48] | It’s all over their memos. | 他们的会议备案里写的全是这个 |
[05:50] | And now I have to look them in the eye with nothing… | 而我现在面对他们却依然脑袋空空 |
[05:53] | Except maybe new creative. | 除非有新的创意 |
[05:56] | Stop it. | 别再发牢骚了 |
[05:58] | Now you’re interested. | 现在你感兴趣了 |
[06:00] | There are some areas of growth, and I mean literally areas… | 某些地区的销售额是有所增长的 我就事论事 |
[06:04] | Atlanta, Oakland, | 亚特兰大 奥克兰 |
[06:06] | Chicago, Detroit, | 芝加哥 底特律 |
[06:08] | Newark, D. C. | 纽瓦克 华盛顿特区 |
[06:11] | Great jazz cities. | 都是些不错的爵士之城 |
[06:12] | And I left out st. Louis and Kansas city… also growing. | 还有圣路易斯和堪萨斯 也在增长 |
[06:17] | – What does that mean? – Great jazz musicians? | -这是什么意思 -伟大的爵士音乐家吗 |
[06:20] | Seriously, is it possible | 说真的 黑人有没有可能 |
[06:22] | that these admirals are being bought by negroes? | 成为艾德蒙电视机的主要消费群体呢 |
[06:24] | Lois caught her scarf putting paper in the xerox. | 露易丝往复印机里放纸时 把围巾卡进去了 |
[06:27] | Maybe when Joan leaves I can finally get rid of her. | 估计琼走后我就能彻底摆脱她了 |
[06:29] | Can you pretend like you’re back in the media department | 能否劳驾你借用你的旧专业背景 |
[06:31] | And tell me what this says to you? | 帮助分析一下这些图表说明了什么问题 |
[06:33] | Look at the cities. | 看看这些城市 |
[06:34] | Is it possible that negroes are outbuying other people 2:1? | 有可能黑人的购买力是其他人的两倍吗 |
[06:37] | You could jump to that conclusion, I suppose. | 单从图表 的确可以得出这样的结论 |
[06:42] | Did you hear about Lois? | 你们听说露易丝的事了吗 |
[06:43] | – You’ve got a winner there, Kinsey. – Did you see it? | -你说中了 金西 -你看到了吗 |
[06:46] | I did. | 我看见了 |
[06:49] | So what’s everybody doing tonight? | 你们今天晚上什么安排 |
[06:51] | Baby. Married. | 已为人父 已为人夫 |
[06:52] | Kinsey | 你呢 金西 |
[06:53] | Do you want to go to the mets game? | 想去看棒球比赛吗 |
[06:54] | Tickets and a watch. | 我这有票还有一块表 |
[06:57] | Why, thank you, birds eye. | 得此名表 谢伯利兹 |
[06:59] | Does the watch say “birds eye” on it? | 你的表上刻着”伯利兹”三个字吗 |
[07:01] | No, it says “hamilton electric.” | 没有 上面写着”汉密尔顿电子” |
[07:04] | What time is it? What time isn’t it? | 现在几点了 谁关心呢 |
[07:09] | Admiral is happy. We’re happy. | 艾德蒙满意了 我们也开心 |
[07:12] | They’re not happy! | 可他们一点也不满意 |
[07:14] | “Morris, comma,” | 莫里斯 逗号 |
[07:16] | “In reference to retooling the factory | 考虑到工厂里的童工和年轻劳力 |
[07:18] | “For london fog children’s and young adults”… | 伦敦雾公司应更换老化的生产设备 |
[07:23] | I thought I’d bring you the minutes of the meeting, | 我把会议记录给你带过来了 |
[07:25] | since you had to run off. | 因为你中途离场了 |
[07:33] | You’re wasting paper. | 你这才是在浪费纸张 |
[07:35] | I’d have to make 1,000 to keep up with your department. | 那我要再浪费一千份才赶得上你的部门 |
[07:40] | They waste paper because they throw out bad ideas. | 他们浪费纸 是因为他们要扔掉垃圾创意 |
[07:42] | They waste paper | 他们浪费纸 |
[07:44] | because they use it to sop up spilled drinks | 是因为他们用纸去擦泼洒的饮料 |
[07:46] | Right after their mid-afternoon naps. | 那是他们午休后的必备消遣 |
[07:48] | You came here because we do this better than you, | 你来这儿是因为我们做的比你们好 |
[07:50] | And part of that is | 而其中的原因之一就是 |
[07:51] | letting our creatives be unproductive until they are. | 我们允许创意人员不断尝试 直到想出最佳创意 |
[07:53] | Pennies make pounds, and pounds make profits. | 积少成多 只有节约才会有利润 |
[07:57] | I don’t want to talk to you this way. | 我不想跟你谈这些 |
[08:00] | I’ve tried it before and it never works. | 我之前试过 但全无成效 |
[08:03] | I’m not usually this emotional. | 我平时不会这么激动 |
[08:06] | You want to make money? | 你想赚钱是吗 |
[08:10] | Start getting your nails dirty with Bert Cooper and Harry Crane. | 好好盯紧伯特·库珀和哈里·克雷恩吧 |
[08:15] | Clients love to pay for media | 客户愿意为广告付钱 |
[08:17] | and creative needs pencils. | 而创意人员需要铅笔 |
[08:20] | I suppose I hadn’t necessarily thought of it that way. | 我想我没考虑到这一点 |
[08:22] | And lay off of expense accounts. | 还有 取消费用报销制度吧 |
[08:24] | Think of the men’s moral, not just your own. | 相信别人的品德 不要只相信自己 |
[08:28] | You’ve obviously seen “bridge on the river kwai.” | 你肯定看过《桂河大桥》这部片 |
[08:31] | I’ve seen everything. You have my ticket stubs. | 我什么都看过 你那里有我的票根 |
[08:46] | Your uncle Herman is on the line. He won’t leave a message. | 你赫尔曼叔叔来电 他要直接找你 |
[08:51] | Uncle Herman? | 赫尔曼叔叔 |
[08:53] | My goodness, is aunt Alice all right? | 天啊 爱丽丝婶婶还好吗 |
[08:56] | – Who is this? – it’s Peter, | -你是谁 -我是皮特 |
[08:58] | Dottie’s boy. You called me. | 多蒂的儿子 你打给我的 |
[09:00] | It’s Duck… Duck Phillips. | 我是达克 达克·菲利普斯 |
[09:02] | – Duck. – Sorry for the cloak and dagger. | -达克 -这样偷偷摸摸的 真是抱歉 |
[09:04] | I didn’t want to set off any alarm bells. | 我不想引起别人的注意 |
[09:07] | My name is Herman, you know that. | 我的名字里有赫尔曼 你知道的 |
[09:10] | Except that I actually have an uncle Herman and he’s 91. | 不过我有个叔叔也叫赫尔曼 他已经91岁了 |
[09:12] | That’s a sick joke. I apologize. | 抱歉给你造成了误会 |
[09:15] | It’s been too long. | 好久没你消息了 |
[09:16] | I don’t know if you heard, but I’m at Grey now. | 不知道你听说没有 我现在在格雷公司任职 |
[09:19] | What’s that like? | 那里怎么样 |
[09:21] | People walking around the halls all the time, | 人们总在大厅里走来走去 |
[09:23] | Laughing their heads off? | 互相对着傻笑吗 |
[09:25] | We’re going to have lunch, you know. | 我们一起去吃午饭吧 |
[09:27] | I don’t know, Duck. It doesn’t sound like a good idea. | 我不知道 达克 听起来不是个好主意 |
[09:31] | Campbell, this is beyond “no hard feelings.” | 坎贝尔 这是冰释前嫌的好机会 |
[09:33] | I won’t waste your time. | 我不会浪费你时间的 |
[09:34] | Haven’t I always been on your side? | 我一直都站在你那边 不是吗 |
[09:39] | – When? – I’ll have my girl call your girl. | -几点 -我会让我的秘书通知你的秘书 |
[09:42] | I’ll say it’s Clorox. | 我会说是高乐氏打来的 |
[09:52] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[09:55] | Anyone home? | 有人在家吗 |
[09:59] | I’ll get it. | 我来接 |
[10:01] | – Mr. Draper? – Yes. | -德雷柏先生吗 -是我 |
[10:04] | This is Suzanne Farrell, | 我是苏珊娜·法雷尔 |
[10:06] | Sally’s teacher. | 萨丽的老师 |
[10:08] | I’m not interrupting dinner, am I? | 没打扰到您吃饭吧 |
[10:11] | No | 没有 |
[10:12] | I just felt I should call and apologize | 我只是觉得应该打个电话道歉 |
[10:14] | About our meeting this morning. | 因为今天见面时我很失礼 |
[10:17] | Why? | 什么意思 |
[10:22] | Well, I… | 我… |
[10:26] | What I mean is | 我是想说 |
[10:29] | My father died when I was eight | 我8岁的时候父亲就去世了 |
[10:31] | And I might have overdone it, | 我的反应可能有点过火 |
[10:34] | Relating to Sally in that way. | 不应该那样说萨丽 |
[10:37] | I didn’t mean to upset your wife. | 我不是故意惹您夫人伤心 |
[10:40] | I guess I can get a little caught up in things | 我觉得我有点感情用事 |
[10:43] | And lose perspective. | 而且有点失去理智 |
[10:50] | I don’t know why I’m calling. I’m embarrassing myself. | 我不知道为什么要打这个电话让自己尴尬 |
[10:54] | No, you’re fine. | 没事 没那么严重 |
[10:58] | If there’s anything I can do… | 如果有什么我能做的 |
[11:00] | – Don -Betts | -唐 -贝蒂 |
[11:05] | Thanks for the call. | 谢谢你的来电 |
[11:11] | It’s time to go. | 该走了 |
[11:13] | Okay, we’re going. Let me get my keys. | 没问题 马上 我拿一下钥匙 |
[11:15] | They’re in your hand. | 钥匙就在你手里 |
[11:18] | Francine took the kids. | 弗朗辛会来照顾孩子 |
[11:20] | Who was that? | 刚才是谁打电话 |
[11:22] | No one. | 没谁 |
[11:26] | If you’re parked in emergency, | 如果你的车停在急诊车位的话 |
[11:28] | you’ll have to move soon. | 你最好赶快换个地方 |
[11:29] | Of course, let’s make sure it’s not a false alarm. | 我们要确定一下这是不是假的妊娠反应 |
[11:31] | This is my third time. | 这是我第三次了 |
[11:32] | We sent you home before? | 之前已经出现过假反应了吗 |
[11:33] | No, third baby. | 不 我是说这是我第三次生产 |
[11:40] | Your job’s done. The solarium’s down the hall to the right. | 你只能送到这 休息室在大厅的右边 |
[11:43] | Hang in there, Betts. | 加油 贝蒂 |
[11:59] | I came in early to cover for a friend, | 我提前来这是替一个朋友的班 |
[12:01] | so there’s a chance i’ll see you the whole way through. | 所以有可能是我全程照看你 |
[12:07] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[12:08] | You can scream and yell as much as you want in this hallway, | 在这个走廊你可以随便大喊大叫 |
[12:10] | But we’re about to pass the nursery. | 但我们马上就要经过育儿室了 |
[12:13] | Of course. | 好吧 |
[12:21] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[12:22] | I know it’s silly, | 我知道有点傻 |
[12:24] | But I seem to be having trouble with this pen. | 不过这根笔没法用 |
[12:25] | – I believe it’s empty. – I’ve gotta go. | -我猜是没水了 -我得挂了 |
[12:33] | Are you planning to give the baby the breast? | 你准备让婴儿喝母乳吗 |
[12:35] | No | 不 |
[12:37] | The last time you ate? | 你上次进餐的时间 |
[12:40] | Lunch… | 中午 |
[12:42] | Toast, cottage cheese, pineapple. | 吃了烤面包 软干酪 和菠萝 |
[12:45] | Pineapple? | 菠萝 |
[12:46] | What were you thinking? Anything else, sweetheart? | 你到底在想什么 还有别的吗 |
[12:51] | Life savers. | 他要出来了 |
[12:53] | – Has your water broken? – My water never breaks. | -你的羊水破了吗 -从来都没破过 |
[12:57] | When will dr. Aldridge be here? | 奥尔德里奇医生会来吗 |
[13:05] | Joseph Waddell? | 约瑟夫·瓦德尔在吗 |
[13:08] | – I’m Dennis Hobart. – That’s good to know. | -我是丹尼斯·霍巴特 -很高兴认识你 |
[13:12] | I haven’t seen anybody an hour. What’s going on? | 我等了一个小时 却什么消息也没有 怎么回事 |
[13:16] | – We’ve had a shift change. – My wife Pam, | -我们换班了 -我妻子名叫帕姆 |
[13:19] | – Pamela Hobart. – She’s fine. | -全名帕梅拉·霍巴特 -她很好 |
[13:21] | The baby’s breech. We’re calling in a specialist. | 婴儿胎位冲下 我们正在找专家 |
[13:24] | – What? – Didn’t somebody get your permission? | -什么意思 -没人找你签字吗 |
[13:27] | Damn it, what is with you people? I don’t know a damn thing! | 该死 你们怎么回事 我什么都不知道 |
[13:30] | Please don’t raise your voice. | 请你小声点 |
[13:32] | Now I apologize, but we need your permission. | 我现在向你道歉 不过我们需要你的签字 |
[13:35] | Do whatever you have to do. | 务必尽你们一切所能 |
[13:36] | We’ll update you religiously. I promise. | 我们会随时通知您新情况的 我保证 |
[13:48] | This is not how I pictured it. | 我设想的场面可不是这样的 |
[13:51] | Where’s all the backslapping? | 根本没有我预想中的喜悦和欢庆 |
[13:54] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[13:56] | I brought this because I thought it’d be a party in here. | 我买了这个 因为我以为会有个派对的 |
[14:00] | – It’s not, but I’ll have one. – Right now? | -虽然没有 不过我愿意来一杯 -现在吗 |
[14:03] | Whenever you want. | 随时奉陪 |
[14:11] | I left work this morning. | 我今天早上就请了假 |
[14:13] | I’ve been here all day. | 在这里待了一整天 |
[14:15] | I am so bored. | 无聊透顶 |
[14:20] | I even called in. | 我还打电话询问了工作进展 |
[14:23] | Like the prison can’t run without me. | 就像监狱没我就没法运转一样 |
[14:38] | Have you done this before? | 你以前经历过这事吗 |
[14:40] | Twice. | 已经两次了 |
[14:43] | You know, I never thought to bring a bottle. | 但我从没想过要带瓶酒来 |
[14:46] | Well, what are we supposed to do? | 那我们该干点什么 |
[14:52] | My daughter took forever. | 我女儿出生时我等了很久 |
[14:54] | I remember being pretty worked up. | 我记得当时兴奋不已 |
[14:59] | And there’s a said “don’t forget” | 曾经有人说 别忘了 |
[15:01] | “Your wife’s in the boat; you’re on the shore.” | 你妻子在里面受苦 你却只能在外旁观 |
[15:06] | The other one a boy? | 另外那个是个男孩吗 |
[15:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:12] | You throw the ball around? | 你心满意足了吗 |
[15:16] | Not enough. | 还没有 |
[15:38] | All right, Mrs. Draper, | 好了 德雷柏夫人 |
[15:40] | I’m going to need you to get on the bed | 我需要你躺到床上去 |
[15:41] | So I can prepare you for delivery. | 这样我才能帮你准备生产 |
[15:43] | This part should be familiar. | 你应该很熟悉这个过程 |
[15:45] | I’ll shave you and then give you a quick low enema. | 我会给你剃毛然后 再注射点灌肠剂 |
[16:00] | The good news is time has stopped. | 好消息是时间停了 |
[16:04] | I’d like to have a gold watch one day, but I can’t, you know? | 我也想有块金表 可我却不能 |
[16:07] | You don’t want to have anything on you like that. | 你身上不能有任何值钱的东西 |
[16:10] | Do they attack you? | 他们会袭击你吗 |
[16:12] | I knew it was just a matter of time | 我就知道你迟早 |
[16:14] | Before you started with the questions. | 会问这样的问题 |
[16:16] | I bet you have a nightmare where you end up in sing sing, right? | 你肯定做过这样的噩梦 梦见自己锒铛入狱 |
[16:20] | Everybody does. | 每个人都有过 |
[16:22] | I do. | 确实 |
[16:24] | So what’s it like? | 梦中监狱是什么样的 |
[16:27] | You’re outnumbered, | 虽然狱警人数不敌囚犯 |
[16:29] | But you’ve got the power. | 但你手中有掌控权 |
[16:30] | Kind of like being a king. | 就像国王一样 |
[16:33] | Except your subjects want to kill you. | 只是你的属下想杀了你 |
[16:35] | Maybe, | 有可能 |
[16:36] | But they don’t , ’cause they know I’m dangerous | 不过他们不会的 因为他们知道我很危险 |
[16:39] | And I’ve got a badge, which they respect. | 而且我还有徽章 他们对此很敬畏 |
[16:42] | How do they know you’re dangerous? | 他们怎么知道你很危险 |
[16:46] | Well, they’re not all bad. There’s extremes. | 他们也不是都很坏 只是有些人走了极端 |
[16:49] | We’ve got death row and then we’ve got the baseball team. | 我们有死囚区 但我们也有个棒球队 |
[16:52] | In’29 they played the Yankees. | 29年时他们还和扬基队打过一场比赛 |
[16:56] | Everybody in stripes. | 所有人都穿着囚服上阵吗 |
[17:01] | You’re a funny one. | 你太有趣了 |
[17:05] | I tell a lot of jokes at work. | 我工作时也会讲很多笑话 |
[17:09] | You hear some doozies. | 很多事都不可思议 |
[17:12] | I have to watch what I do when I leave work, | 我下班时必须收起我工作时的态度 |
[17:15] | Be careful not to bring it home. | 小心翼翼地不将那种状态带回家 |
[17:17] | Especially with a kid, right? | 尤其是有了孩子之后 对吗 |
[17:22] | Just yesterday I was in a block | 昨天我在一间牢房里 |
[17:25] | And I thought, “every single one of these animals,” | 然后我就想 所有这些禽兽 |
[17:29] | “their mother had them, they were a baby.” | 都有自己的妈妈 他们当初都是婴儿 |
[17:32] | And I think, “there they are, on the other side of the fence.” | 而现在 他们却身陷囹圄 魂断监狱 |
[17:36] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[17:39] | Every one of them blamed their mom and dad. | 他们所有人都责怪他们的父母 |
[17:42] | – That’s a bullshit excuse. – That’s true, Don. | -真是狗屎理由 -说的没错 唐 |
[17:54] | You have little veins. | 你的血管真细 |
[17:56] | Breathe and think about the beauty parlor. | 深呼吸并想象自己在美容院里 |
[18:02] | Do you need to call someone else in? | 你能找别人来替你吗 |
[18:04] | It’s in. | 进去了 |
[18:05] | The medication will help with the pain | 这是止痛药 |
[18:07] | And put you in a twilight sleep. | 同时会让你昏昏欲睡 |
[18:10] | – Where is dr. Aldridge? – He’s in the city. | -奥尔德里奇医生在哪 -他进城了 |
[18:13] | He went to MaMa Leone’s for his anniversary. | 他去利昂妈妈饭店庆祝结婚纪念日了 |
[18:16] | – Isn’t that sweet? – Is he drinking? | -多甜蜜啊 -他喝酒吗 |
[18:19] | ‘Cause my aunt Emma, her doctor was drunk, | 因为我艾玛阿姨的医生就喝醉了 |
[18:21] | And he ruined her bladder. | 做手术时毁了她的膀胱 |
[18:22] | Dr. Mendelowitz, the obstetrician, is on duty | 产科医师门德洛维茨先生今天值班 |
[18:25] | and will fill in. | 他会帮你接生的 |
[18:27] | I don’t want him. I don’t know him. | 我不需要他来帮我 我不认识他 |
[18:29] | He’s our top man. | 他是我们的首席医师 |
[18:30] | I want dr. Aldridge. | 我想要奥尔德里奇医生 |
[18:32] | You have absolutely nothing to worry about. | 你真的什么都不需要担心 |
[18:35] | I don’t want another doctor. I want my doctor. | 我不要其他医生 我要我的医生 |
[18:37] | Sit back. | 躺好 |
[18:39] | You’re at 5cm. | 宫口已经开了五厘米了 |
[18:40] | That’s halfway from here to the Hebrides | 在地图上 从这儿到赫布里底山脉的距离 |
[18:42] | and other mountain ranges | 是这个数字的一倍 |
[18:44] | Which we are currently studying in chapter 12. | 我们正在学习12章的内容 |
[18:46] | The doctor will be here and there. | 每一处都会有医生的 |
[18:52] | The Hebrides are islands. | 赫布里底是群岛 |
[19:43] | Try it now. | 再试试 |
[19:48] | Thank you, sister. | 谢谢你 护士 |
[19:51] | What do you make her for? 16? | 你觉得她多大 16吗 |
[20:11] | Pam was screaming at me in the car. | 帕姆之前在车里冲我尖叫 |
[20:14] | I don’t think that’s unusual. | 我觉得那很正常 |
[20:17] | That’s my girl in there. | 她是我的心肝 |
[20:22] | If something happens to her, | 要是她出了什么事 |
[20:26] | I just don’t know what I’d do. | 我真不知道该怎么办 |
[20:29] | And then there’d be that baby. | 还有那个婴儿 |
[20:30] | How could I love that baby? | 我怎么能爱这个孩子 |
[20:42] | Our worst fears lie in anticipation. | 一旦胡思乱想 恐惧即随之袭来 |
[20:47] | You’re so sure about that? | 你肯定吗 |
[20:52] | – I want to go home, you bitch! – Please relax. | -我要回家 你这老妖妇 -请放松 |
[20:56] | Let go of me! Get your hands off me! | 放开我 把你的手拿开 |
[21:00] | – Where’s Don? – He’s in the waiting room. | -唐在哪 -他在休息室里 |
[21:02] | – She can’t hear you. – The hell I can’t. | -她听不到你说话 -我当然听不到 |
[21:06] | Where is he? Where’s Don?! | 他在哪 唐在哪 |
[21:08] | – He’s in the waiting room. – Bullshit. | -他在休息室 -放屁 |
[21:11] | He’s never where you expect him to be. | 你希望他出现的时候 他永远都不出现 |
[21:14] | Have you seen him? Have you been with him? | 你看到他了吗 你跟他在一起过吗 |
[21:18] | 7cm. | 七厘米了 |
[21:19] | – She’s starting transition. – Someone call him. | -她马上要生产了 -谁去叫他一下 |
[21:22] | I don’t want to be here. | 我不想在这待着 |
[21:25] | A push of demerol, 25mg. | 注射25毫克镇痛药 |
[21:32] | I’m just a housewife. | 我只是个家庭主妇 |
[21:35] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你们为什么这样对我 |
[21:46] | Mr. Hobart? | 霍巴特先生吗 |
[21:48] | Congratulations. You have a little baby boy. | 恭喜你 是个男孩 |
[21:52] | My god. | 我的天 |
[21:54] | Your wife and your baby are doing fine. | 母子都平安无事 |
[21:56] | Can I go in? Can I see her? | 我能进去看看她吗 |
[21:58] | Not right now. She lost a lot of blood and had a transfusion. | 现在不行 她因为大出血 现在正在输血 |
[22:01] | What? Please, I have to see her. | 什么意思 求你让我见见她吧 |
[22:04] | Please, she’s in recovery, resting. | 她需要休息才能恢复 |
[22:07] | But you can go to the nursery and look in at your son. | 不过你可以去育儿室看看你的儿子 |
[22:09] | – It’s just down the hall. – Thank you. | -就在走廊尽头 -谢谢你 |
[22:18] | A baby boy. | 一个男孩 |
[22:24] | – Congratulations. – You’re all right, Don. | -恭喜你 -你说对了 唐 |
[22:30] | I’m sure yours is gonna be good too. | 我肯定你妻子也会平安无事的 |
[22:35] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[22:38] | I know it. | 肯定会没事的 |
[22:41] | Thanks, Dennis. | 谢谢你 丹尼斯 |
[22:47] | You’re an honest guy. | 你是个诚实的人 |
[22:49] | Believe me. I’m an expert. | 相信我 我是专家 |
[22:53] | Go see your baby. | 去看你的孩子吧 |
[22:55] | Why do they put up with us? | 她们为什么要为我们受罪呢 |
[22:58] | We don’t deserve it. | 我们不配 |
[23:03] | This is a fresh start. | 这是个全新的开始 |
[23:06] | I don’t know who’s up there, | 我不知道上天是否会应验誓言 |
[23:09] | So I’m saying this to you. | 但我想告诉你 |
[23:12] | I’m gonna be better. | 我会变得更好的 |
[23:14] | I’m gonna be a better man. | 我会变成更好的男人 |
[23:19] | Tell me you heard me. | 告诉我你都听到了 |
[23:26] | I heard you. | 我听到了 |
[23:41] | Don’t fight the urge to bear down. | 放松一些 用力 不要拧着劲来 |
[23:44] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[23:47] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[23:49] | I can’t do it. | 我真的不行 |
[23:51] | Either you can do it or we will, | 要么你自己来 要么我们来 |
[23:53] | But it’s going to come out some way. | 反正婴儿就要出来了 |
[24:34] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[24:36] | – Who are you? – It’s me. | -你是谁 -是我啊 |
[24:41] | I don’t know you. | 我不认识你 |
[24:44] | It’s me… Elizabeth. | 是我 伊丽莎白 |
[24:51] | You do know me. | 你认识我的 |
[24:55] | Okay, so it’s me. | 好吧 确实是我 |
[24:57] | – What are you doing here? – I had to go away. | -你来这里干什么 -我必须走了 |
[25:01] | – Well, don’t you miss me? – Of course. | -你不想念我吗 -当然想 |
[25:05] | Listen. | 听着 |
[25:07] | Nobody knows I’m here, okay? | 没人知道我在这 明白吗 |
[25:16] | Am I dying? | 我是要死了吗 |
[25:18] | Ask your mother. | 问你妈妈吧 |
[25:20] | Tell her, Ruthie. | 告诉她 鲁西 |
[25:23] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[25:24] | Shut your mouth. You’ll catch flies. | 闭上你的嘴 会进苍蝇的 |
[25:34] | I left my lunch pail on the bus | 我把午餐盒落在公车上了 |
[25:36] | And I’m having a baby. | 而且我正在生孩子 |
[25:39] | Do you see what happens to people who speak up? | 你知道大声说话的人会怎样吗 |
[25:45] | Be happy with what you have. | 要懂得满足 |
[25:48] | You’ll be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[25:50] | You’re a house cat… you’re very important | 你是贤内助 你非常的重要 |
[25:52] | And you have little to do. | 你什么都不用做 |
[26:37] | She’s beautiful. | 她真漂亮 |
[26:39] | That’s a boy. | 这是个男孩 |
[26:44] | You look terrible. | 你看起来真糟 |
[26:54] | How do you feel? | 你感觉如何 |
[26:56] | I need to put my face on. | 我需要补补妆 |
[26:59] | You look beautiful, Betts. | 你看起来漂亮极了 贝蒂 |
[27:03] | Gene. | 吉恩 |
[27:06] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[27:10] | His name is Eugene. | 给他取名叫尤金 |
[27:14] | We don’t have to decide that now. | 我们没必要现在就决定 |
[27:18] | Gene. | 吉恩 |
[27:34] | Did you get any sleep? | 你昨晚睡觉了吗 |
[27:35] | No, and I don’t expect to for the next six months. | 没有 估计以后六个月都睡不好了 |
[27:44] | I wasn’t sure where to put it all. | 我不知道把这些放在哪里好 |
[27:50] | Mr. Draper’s office. | 德雷柏办公室 |
[27:52] | Please hold. | 等等 |
[27:54] | It’s Mr. Sterling. Are you in? | 是斯特林先生 要接吗 |
[28:02] | Roger | 罗杰 |
[28:04] | Dada. | 爸爸 |
[28:06] | – Where are you? – Down the hall. | -你在哪 -会议室 |
[28:09] | How’s Betty? Did she perform like a champ? | 贝蒂怎么样 她表现的非常好吧 |
[28:11] | – She did. – I need his initials. | -她确实很棒 -我需要他名字的首字母 |
[28:14] | Jane’s gonna put them on the back of her yacht | 简想刻在她的游艇后面 |
[28:16] | or something for him. | 还有给你们的贺礼上 |
[28:17] | No name yet. | 还没起名字 |
[28:19] | There’s a lot of guys twiddling their thumbs down in art. | 美术部很多人闲得发慌 |
[28:22] | – Why were you in the art department? – Lane was. | -你怎么会知道美工部的情况 -是莱恩 |
[28:25] | Apparently we’re all backed up. | 显然我们现在陷入了停滞状态 |
[28:26] | No one will move forward without your approval. | 没有你的参与 我们无法正常运作 |
[28:29] | – I missed half a day. – Betty had the baby, not you. | -我只请了半天假 -是贝蒂生孩子 不是你 |
[28:32] | – I’ll see what I can do. – Good. | -我看看能做些什么 -很好 |
[28:35] | That guy’s a tick. | 那家伙是个讨厌鬼 |
[28:37] | See you at the traffic meeting. | 会上再见 |
[28:44] | Can I get some coffee? | 能给我点咖啡吗 |
[28:48] | You know what it’s like in that office. | 你知道那里的情况 |
[28:51] | No one ever buys me lunch. | 从来没有人请我共进午餐 |
[28:54] | – I like the turtleneck. – Really? | -你的高领毛衣真好看 -真的吗 |
[29:06] | – Come. Join us. – What is she doing here? | -快点 快过来 -她怎么在这 |
[29:09] | Don’t worry about it. I know what I’m doing. | 别担心 我知道我在干什么 |
[29:11] | – No, you don’t. – Have a nosh. | -不 你不知道 -来吃些点心吧 |
[29:14] | Two months at Grey and you’re already having a nosh? | 在格雷公司才干了两个月 你已经锦衣玉食了吗 |
[29:25] | I didn’t know until I got here. | 来之前我什么也不知道 |
[29:29] | Look. | 听着 |
[29:31] | I woke up one day and had a realization. | 我有一天醒来 然后突然意识到 |
[29:33] | You two have a secret relationship. | 你们两个在秘密交往 |
[29:37] | – What? That’s ridiculous. – Come on. | -什么 太荒谬了 -别装了 |
[29:40] | The way you handled that Freddy Rumsen thing | 你那样处理弗雷迪·拉姆森的事 |
[29:42] | so that she could move up? | 就是为了让她升职 |
[29:44] | I’ve been doing this a long time. I know what I saw. | 我在这方面很有经验 我相信我看到的 |
[29:47] | – That’s not what happened. – You can be modest if you want to, | -不是那样的 -你可以不承认 |
[29:50] | But that kind of focused ambition is rare in advertising. | 但是这份专一和抱负在广告界可不多见 |
[29:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[29:57] | I want to take you both with me to the promised land. | 我想带你们一起共赴乐土 |
[30:00] | At Grey an account man is expected to have ideas, | 在格雷公司 业务员都可以提出创意 |
[30:03] | And creatives are expected to be geniuses. | 而创意人员通常都被视作天才 |
[30:05] | You’ll be sitting on velvet pillows, | 你们会坐在天鹅绒的垫子上 |
[30:07] | Showered with riches, awards. | 得到金钱和奖励 |
[30:10] | We’re not going anywhere. Well, she can. | 我们哪都不会去的 当然 她可以去 |
[30:13] | Do we have to go together? | 我们必须一起去吗 |
[30:18] | Pete, I know you have ideas and you’re a risk-taker. | 皮特 我知道你创意新奇 而且很爱冒险 |
[30:22] | Sterling Cooper is never going to reward that. | 斯特林&库珀公司永远无法让你施展抱负 |
[30:26] | Well, thank you. | 好吧 谢谢你 |
[30:29] | – Anything else? – Don’t be a baby. | -还有其他事吗 -别像个孩子一样 |
[30:31] | You should be taking meetings like this twice a week. | 我们应该像这样每周见两次面 |
[30:33] | If you want to woo me, you’ll have to buy me my own lunch. | 如果你想挖我 那就要按我的方式来 |
[30:41] | – Maybe I should leave too. – Why would you do that? | -或许我也该走了 -为什么 |
[30:45] | You’re so talented. You should strike while they iron’s hot. | 你非常有天赋 你应该趁热打铁 |
[30:49] | – What does that mean? – It means the sky’s the limit. | -什么意思 -意思就是你应该飞的更高 |
[30:52] | No mortgage, no family. | 没有奉献怎么会有收获 |
[30:54] | You’re a free-going career gal with great ideas. | 你是个有理想 有创意的事业型女孩 |
[30:57] | Am I wrong? | 我说错了吗 |
[30:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:02] | This is your time, Peggy. | 你飞黄腾达的时候到了 佩奇 |
[31:25] | Let me ask you something, Hollis | 我问你点事情 霍利斯 |
[31:27] | What type of TV do you have? | 你的电视是什么牌子的 |
[31:30] | – An RCA. – Really? | -美国无线电公司产的 -是吗 |
[31:33] | Color? | 彩色的吗 |
[31:35] | – Why did you get it? – To watch TV. | -你为什么要买它 -为了看电视 |
[31:38] | But why an RCA specifically? | 但为什么买美国无线电公司的呢 |
[31:42] | I didn’t see any difference, I guess. | 我觉得都差不多 |
[31:46] | 16. | 16层到了 |
[31:48] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[31:53] | A lot of negroes prefer Admiral. | 很多黑人更喜欢艾德蒙公司产的 |
[31:56] | I’ve done research. | 我做过研究 |
[31:57] | I have an RCA. | 我的是美国无线电产的 |
[32:01] | So do your friends buy Admirals? | 你的朋友买艾德蒙牌的吗 |
[32:03] | I’m sorry, sir. I can’t really say. | 对不起 我真的说不准 |
[32:13] | Look. | 听着 |
[32:14] | This is important and I’d really like to | 这非常重要而且 |
[32:16] | Have an honest conversation with you. | 我希望能听你说实话 |
[32:18] | I don’t want to get into trouble. | 我并不想惹麻烦 |
[32:20] | It’s just us. | 只是个问题而已 |
[32:21] | – It’s just Hollis and… – Mr. Campbell. | -只是霍利斯和 -坎贝尔先生 |
[32:26] | Do you think I’m a bigot? | 你觉得我是个偏执狂吗 |
[32:30] | I just want to know why you bought your TV. | 我只是想知道你选择电视的原因 |
[32:35] | – I don’t know. I don’t remember. – It’s your TV. | -我不知道 我不记得了 -那是你的电视 |
[32:38] | – It’s a big purchase. – I don’t even watch the damn thing. | -那可是大宗消费 -我其实不经常看的 |
[32:42] | – Really? Why not? – Why should I? | -是吗 为什么 -为什么要看 |
[32:45] | We’ve got bigger problems to worry about than TV, okay? | 相比看电视 我们还有其他更重要的事要做 |
[32:49] | You’re thinking about this in a very narrow way. | 你考虑问题的角度太狭隘了 |
[32:52] | The idea is that everyone is going to have a house, a car, | 理想状态是我们都会有房子 车子 |
[32:55] | A television… the american dream. | 一台电视 美国梦 |
[33:08] | It’s my job. | 那是我的工作 |
[33:10] | Every job has it’s ups and downs. | 工作都有顺和不顺的时候 |
[33:15] | You don’t watch baseball? I don’t believe you. | 你不看棒球吗 我不信 |
[33:54] | What are you doing out of bed? | 你不睡觉起来干嘛 |
[33:55] | I smelled something. | 我闻到味道了 |
[33:58] | – What are you making? – A snack. | -你在做什么 -夜宵 |
[34:01] | Do you want some? | 你要来点吗 |
[34:03] | I didn’t know you could cook. | 我不知道你会做饭 |
[34:05] | Mommy’s much better at it. | 手艺比不上妈妈 |
[34:11] | – Are you looking for a chick? – I am. | -你在找小鸡吗 -是的 |
[34:16] | Miss Farrell told us about that when we went to the farm. | 法雷尔小姐在我们去农场时告诉我们的 |
[34:22] | But she says that those eggs can never become a chicken, | 但她说这些鸡蛋永远不会变成小鸡 |
[34:25] | Even though they come out of a chicken. | 尽管他们是鸡生出来的 |
[34:28] | – Why’s that? – Because they’re from the store. | -为什么呢 -因为他们是从商店买来的 |
[34:32] | And you know what else? | 你还知道些什么 |
[34:34] | If you hold an egg up and it has veins in it, | 如果你拿起一个鸡蛋 里面有血管 |
[34:36] | You can shake it then eat it. | 你就可以晃一晃之后吃掉它 |
[34:39] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[34:40] | It’s called addling. | 那叫做变质的蛋 |
[34:47] | Is the baby gonna live in grandpa Gene’s room? | 那个婴儿要住在吉恩外公的屋里吗 |
[34:55] | It’s not grandpa Gene’s room. It’s the baby’s room. | 那不是吉恩外公的房间 那是婴儿房 |
[35:04] | I thought it was gonna be a girl. | 我本以为会是个女孩 |
[35:07] | Well, I thought you were gonna be a boy. | 是吗 当年我也以为你会是个男孩 |
[35:13] | Not all surprises are bad. | 出人意料并非总是坏事 |
[35:22] | – Everything’s gonna be fine. – That’s what miss Farrell said. | -一切都会好起来的 -法雷尔小姐也这么说 |
[35:27] | Well, then I guess it must be true. | 那么这一定是真的了 |
[35:54] | Burt Peterson’s firing was undignified. | 伯特·皮特森当时形象全无 |
[35:57] | Building security… that’s all I’ll say. | 我们甚至出动了大楼保安 我只能透露这么多 |
[36:00] | Confirm a couple of rumors. | 证实了一些谣言 |
[36:02] | Did he throw a desk chair against a window | 他用椅子砸向窗户 |
[36:04] | Only to have it bounce back and knock him over? | 结果椅子却弹回来把他撞倒了是吗 |
[36:07] | Not that I know of. | 据我所知不是这样的 |
[36:08] | Did he make a #2 in a file cabinet? | 他在档案柜里大便了吗 |
[36:12] | Burt Peterson lived hard and loved hard. | 伯特·皮特森活得辛苦 爱得艰难 |
[36:16] | Harry here is an expert in media. | 哈里是媒体方面的专家 |
[36:19] | Television… the air, not the sets. | 电视 电视台方面 不是电视机 |
[36:22] | Now Admiral television sales are flat… | 艾德蒙电视的销售业绩平平 |
[36:24] | We know that. | 我们知道 |
[36:25] | But as we studied your indices | 但我们研究了你们的数据 |
[36:27] | We realized that they’re not flat everywhere. | 我们发现并不是所有地方都很平淡 |
[36:29] | In fact, | 实际上 |
[36:31] | Among negroes sales are actually growing. | 在黑人中销售额有所上升 |
[36:34] | – We know that too. – You do? | -这个我们也知道 -是吗 |
[36:40] | No, of course you do. | 当然 你们当然知道 |
[36:44] | These are your numbers, but I think we’ve discovered | 这是你们的数据 但我认为我们发现了 |
[36:47] | An interesting strategy. | 一个有利可图的策略 |
[36:50] | This is “ebony.” | 这个杂志叫做《黑檀》 |
[36:54] | By negroes for negroes. | 由黑人所写 面向黑人读者 |
[36:57] | “jet.” | 黑玉 |
[36:59] | Space in these magazines costs far less than | 这些杂志上的广告费 |
[37:02] | What you currently spend… | 比你们现在的广告费便宜很多 |
[37:05] | Daily newspapers that go just to this market | 日报上针对黑人市场所刊登的广告 |
[37:08] | for pennies on the dollar. | 广告费也非常低廉 |
[37:10] | And? | 然后呢 |
[37:18] | Shift a portion of the media budget | 把一部分媒体预算 |
[37:20] | From lower-indexing white areas | 从指数较低的白人区 |
[37:22] | To this market where it can do more good. | 投入到这个更有利润的市场去 |
[37:24] | They already like it, we can make them | 他们本来就喜欢这个品牌 |
[37:25] | buy more by increasing the exposure. | 曝光率的上升会带动购买率的上升 |
[37:27] | A 5% sales bump in detroit alone | 在底特律投入5%的广告预算 |
[37:30] | Would make you the same profit as a 2% increase systemwide. | 就能使总收入提高2% |
[37:34] | And ads on television geared to this market | 黑人市场的广告效应 |
[37:35] | And white markets | 和白人市场的广告效应相结合 |
[37:37] | Will have double the effect. | 将会使效果更加明显 |
[37:38] | A negro ad and a white ad? | 针对黑人奴隶和白人的不同广告 |
[37:41] | So, Campbell, you’re making twice the ads for us now. | 坎贝尔 你这是让我们做两则不同的广告 |
[37:45] | No, do them together. | 不 同时进行 |
[37:47] | Integrate it. | 相互融合 |
[37:49] | I don’t think that’s legal. | 我觉得这似乎是违法的吧 |
[37:51] | Of course it’s legal. | 这当然是合法的 |
[37:53] | Look, this conversation is not worth having. | 听着 我们根本没有谈下去的必要了 |
[37:57] | Who’s to say that negroes aren’t buying admiral televisions | 谁告诉你黑人不买艾德蒙公司产的电视 |
[38:00] | Because they think white people want them? | 因为他们认为这是白人的专属品 |
[38:09] | Miss Olson is here to see you. | 奥尔森小姐求见 |
[38:12] | Send her in. | 让她进来 |
[38:16] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 打扰了 |
[38:21] | I know he doesn’t need clothes, but don’t return it. | 我知道他不缺衣服 但请不要回绝 |
[38:25] | I’m the youngest. I never had anything new. | 我是家里最小的 我穿的从来都是旧衣服 |
[38:28] | – you didn’t have to do that. – I did. | -你不必这么做的 -我当然需要 |
[38:31] | No one told me they were all going in on it together. | 没人通知我他们要集体凑钱买贺礼 |
[38:37] | I heard you were back at work, | 我听说你回来工作了 |
[38:39] | but now I wonder if that’s true. | 现在我怀疑是不是真如此 |
[38:41] | I invited you in. | 是我带你入行的 |
[38:44] | I don’t know if this is the best time. | 我不知道现在是不是谈这事的最佳时机 |
[38:47] | I don’t know. It’s kind of serious. | 我不知道 我并非是小题大做 |
[38:57] | I’ve been thinking about my situation here | 我认真地思考了我在公司的处境 |
[39:00] | And I’m so grateful to you for all you’ve done. | 对你所做的一切 我都充满感激 |
[39:04] | I just… | 只是我… |
[39:07] | Well, you know | 你知道 |
[39:09] | I’m paid very little. | 我的薪酬很低 |
[39:12] | My secretary doesn’t respect me | 我的秘书对我毫无尊重 |
[39:14] | Because I make $71 more a week than she does. | 因为我每周的工资只比她多71美元 |
[39:16] | Maybe we need to get you a cheaper secretary. | 或许我们该为你找个更廉价的秘书 |
[39:20] | Paul Kinsey does the same work that I do, | 保罗·金西和我干着同样的工作 |
[39:23] | And not as well sometimes. | 有时还不如我出色 |
[39:25] | And I don’t know if you read it in the paper, | 我不知道你有没有看报纸 |
[39:27] | But they passed a law | 最近新通过了一项法律 |
[39:29] | where women who do the same work as men will get paid the same thing. | 规定男女同工必须同筹 |
[39:32] | Equal pay. | 同等的报酬 |
[39:36] | It’s not a good time. | 现在不是说这个的时候 |
[39:37] | It’s not a good time for me, Don. | 对我来说现在是最佳时机 唐 |
[39:40] | Do you know how expensive the city is? | 你知道住在城里花销有多大吗 |
[39:42] | It’s not gonna happen, Peggy, not now. | 这是不可能实现的 至少现在不行 佩奇 |
[39:44] | I’m fighting for paperclips around here. | 我还有大堆的工作要做呢 |
[39:58] | Third time. | 第三次了 |
[40:00] | It must be old hat. | 一定是老式的 |
[40:17] | – you’re gonna be fine, Peggy. – I look at you and I think | -你会没事的 佩奇 -我看着你 然后就会想 |
[40:23] | “I want what he has.” | “我也想拥有他所拥有的一切” |
[40:26] | Really? | 是吗 |
[40:29] | You have everything, | 你拥有一切 |
[40:33] | And so much of it. | 可以说无所不有 |
[40:39] | I suppose that’s probably true. | 我想可能的确是这样 |
[40:52] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[40:59] | I don’t think I could have been any clearer. | 我要是能想得更清楚一些就好了 |
[41:03] | You see what’s been going on here the last six months? | 你难道没目睹过去半年这里所发生的一切吗 |
[41:19] | What if this is my time? | 如果女性的时代就要到来了呢 |
[41:46] | – where are you going? – to the ladies’ room. | -你去哪儿 -洗手间 |
[41:48] | You want to join me? | 你想一起吗 |
[41:50] | – did you tell Don about Duck? – that’s none of your business. | -你跟唐说了达克的事吗 -与你无关 |
[41:53] | Sure. They hear you’re shopping around, they’ll want you more. | 当然了 你四处推销自己 他们就会越发需要你 |
[41:56] | But me, I’m sharing my job with kenny. | 而我呢 却要和肯共享一份工作 |
[41:59] | I’m already redundant. | 我完全是多余的 |
[42:00] | You have relationships with your clients. That’s leverage. | 你和你的客户之间有良好的关系 这就是筹码 |
[42:03] | – did you say something? – it’s my decision, Pete. | -你是不是说了什么 -那是我的决定 皮特 |
[42:06] | Your decisions affact me. | 你的决定已经影响到了我 |
[42:29] | If it isn’t Martin Luther King. | 如果不是因为马丁·路德·金 |
[42:31] | I should drop kick you off the roof. | 我一定会将你踢下楼去 |
[42:34] | Admiral television has no interest in becoming | 艾德蒙电视公司可不想 |
[42:37] | A colored television company. | 被贴上种族歧视的标签 |
[42:39] | But they are. | 但事实就是如此 |
[42:41] | It seems illogical to me | 如果他们甘心放弃赚大钱的机会 |
[42:42] | that they would reject an opportunity to make more money. | 在我看来简直不可思议 |
[42:47] | then again, I’m in advertising. | 你们肯定又要说 我是个广告人 |
[42:48] | This is a sensitive issue. | 这是一个敏感问题 |
[42:50] | – businesses hate that. – let me put it in account terms. | -是商业的大忌 -我还是从业务角度来说好了 |
[42:53] | Are you aware of the number of hand jobs I’m gonna have to give? | 你清楚我们将因此失去多少工作岗位吗 |
[42:56] | Am I being taken off the account? | 是不是要取消我业务主管的资格 |
[42:58] | I’m going to have to pretend I had you killed! | 我倒是希望你死了的好 |
[43:00] | Sales are flat. I had to do something. | 销售量平平 我不得不采取些行动 |
[43:02] | I don’t know if anyone’s ever told you that half the time | 我不知道有没有人告诉过你 绝大多数时候 |
[43:05] | This business comes down to “I don’t like that guy.” | 业务没谈成都是因为 客户不喜欢那个业务员 |
[43:10] | Are we done with the flogging? | 批评教育到此结束了吗 |
[43:14] | It’s never as good as you think it’s gonna be. | 结果永远不会有你设想的那样好 |
[43:18] | If I may. Burt, Roger, | 请允许我说句话 伯特 罗杰 |
[43:21] | It does seem as though there’s money to be made in the negro market. | 似乎黑人市场的确有利可图 |
[43:26] | Obviously not with admiral, | 不过很显然 艾德蒙电视不行 |
[43:28] | But I don’t think it would be wrong of us | 不过 我觉得这也没什么错 |
[43:30] | to pursue it in some way. | 起码可以考虑一下 |
[43:32] | Really? | 是吗 |
[43:34] | I’ve just moved here. | 我初来乍到 |
[43:37] | I’m a stranger in a strange land, | 我绝对是个身处异地的异乡人 |
[43:40] | But I can tell you that there’s definitely something going on. | 但我可以向你保证 局势正在悄悄发生变化 |
[43:45] | We’ll look into it. | 我们会注意的 |
[43:48] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[44:41] | – we’re here! – she’s here! | -我们回来了 -她回来啦 |
[44:44] | Welcome welcome. | 欢迎 欢迎 |
[44:48] | – mommy! – careful. | -妈咪 -小心 |
[44:50] | Here, let me take him. | 来 让我抱抱他 |
[44:56] | I missed you so much. | 我真想你 |
[45:00] | Wait till you see your fridge. | 好好看看你的冰箱吧 |
[45:03] | If there’s a power outage, | 如果突然断电的话 |
[45:05] | You can feed the entire street for a month. | 冰箱里的食物足以供整条街的人吃一个月 |
[45:09] | Hi, baby. I’m your brother Bobby. | 嗨 宝宝 我是你哥哥博比 |
[45:12] | You have to be careful. | 你可要小心点 |
[45:15] | How was it? | 感觉怎么样 |
[45:17] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[45:20] | Was all a fog. | 晕乎乎的 |
[45:22] | You’re making a mistake not forcing Carla to stay. | 你没有坚持让卡拉留下 真是个大错 |
[45:26] | She’s been away from her family, | 她离家也很久了 |
[45:28] | – and I can manage. – I know some girls. | -我可以应付得过来 -我倒是认识一些女佣 |
[45:32] | – you want something to eat? – sure. | -你想吃东西吗 -当然 |
[45:35] | I’ve got it. Come on. | 我去弄 来吧 |