时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | Daddy, don’t. | 爸爸 别关灯 |
[00:53] | It’s 10:30. Why aren’t you asleep? | 都10点半了怎么还不睡 |
[00:56] | – I’m afraid. – Sally. | -我害怕 -萨丽 |
[01:00] | I know. You’re not Thomas Edison. | 我知道你不是托马斯·爱迪生 |
[01:03] | What are you afraid of? | 你怕什么呢 |
[01:05] | I’m afraid of what’s going to happen | 我害怕你关灯后 |
[01:07] | When you turn off the lights. | 会发生什么事情 |
[01:14] | I’m home now. | 爸爸现在在家呢 |
[01:17] | Nothing can hurt you… | 没什么可以伤害你 |
[01:22] | Except maybe this mess. | 不过在乱糟糟的房间里就难说了 |
[01:25] | Pick up your room and I’ll get you a nightlight. | 把房间收拾好 我就买个夜明灯给你 |
[01:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:31] | Go to sleep. | 睡吧 |
[01:47] | – What did you find out? – Nothing. | -有什么大发现 -没有 |
[01:49] | I bet they’re gonna make us work over the holiday. | 我打赌他们假期都不会放我们的假 |
[01:52] | And Cosgrove’s late. | 科斯格罗夫还没来 |
[01:53] | Can we have everyone’s attention, please? | 请大家注意了 |
[01:57] | This will only take a moment | 不会耽误大家太长时间 |
[01:59] | And it will not be repeated. | 我也只会说一遍 |
[02:02] | That’s not true, Mr. Hooker. | 不是这样的 胡克先生 |
[02:04] | We’ve just been informed | 我们刚收到通知 |
[02:06] | That there will be a visit from the | 帕特南鲍威尔洛公司的 |
[02:08] | Director and chairman of the board of putnam, powell & lowe, | 董事长和总经理要来这里视察 |
[02:13] | The purpose of which is both friendly | 他们此行是为了增进与我们的友谊 |
[02:16] | And of course to evaluate our performance. | 同时也是为了评估我们的业绩 |
[02:19] | – Mr. Hooker. – The visit will commence tomorrow- | -胡克先生 -他们明天就会开始视察 |
[02:23] | That is tuesday- at 10:00 | 也就是周二的10点 |
[02:25] | And will continue into the next day. | 视察会持续到第二天 |
[02:27] | We apologize. We realize we were to be closed | 我们很抱歉 也就是说 我们一直要工作到 |
[02:30] | Unill Wednesday July 3th. | 7月3号星期三才能休息 |
[02:31] | Oh, come on. | 不是吧 |
[02:36] | They were unaware of the holiday. | 他们没意识到假期将至 |
[02:39] | Now we merely need | 现在我们需要的是 |
[02:42] | That everyone continue to operate at the height of their productivity | 每个人继续保持高效率的工作模式 |
[02:46] | And to make sure that their desks and offices | 确保每个人的办公桌和办公室 |
[02:49] | Are shipshape and bristol fashion. | 全都井井有条 整整齐齐 |
[02:52] | And by no means should these preparations interfere | 而这些准备工作一定不能 |
[02:55] | With our work today. Very good then. | 妨碍到我们今天的工作 很好 |
[02:59] | Don, may we have a word? | 唐 借一步说话 |
[03:10] | Well, isn’t this perfect? | 这太完美不过了 |
[03:14] | Well, we’ll just move it from lunch to the end of the day. | 看来我们只能下班后才能实施计划了 |
[03:17] | I’m having a cake delivered. | 我订的蛋糕快送来了 |
[03:19] | – How’s that going to look? – A cake for what? | -那个该怎么办 -订蛋糕做什么 |
[03:21] | Tomorrow is Joan’s last day. I told you that. | 明天是琼最后一天在职 我告诉过你的 |
[03:24] | But if we’re working on Wednesday, | 如果周三还工作 |
[03:25] | wouldn’t that be her last day? | 那天才是她的最后一天吧 |
[03:27] | I don’t know why she’d come in. | 我不知道她为什么会来 |
[03:28] | Greg finds out about his residency today or tomorrow- | 格雷格今天或是明天就要成为住院医生了 |
[03:31] | I’m not sure. I think they’re going away to celebrate. | 我不确定 我以为他们会出去庆祝呢 |
[03:33] | I’m going to get some money. We should buy her something. | 我去取点钱 我们得送她点什么 |
[03:37] | Umm, Harry and Pete, | 哈里和皮特 |
[03:39] | We will need presentations for wednesday morning | 周三早上我们要在州电视台 |
[03:42] | On the state of television | 做个展示报告 |
[03:43] | And, of course, account updates. | 当然了 业务部有几分钟的露面时间 |
[03:45] | – Just a few minutes each. – On each account? | -几分钟就够了 -每个业务员几分钟吗 |
[03:47] | No, a few minutes for each of you. | 不 你们总共加在一起几分钟 |
[03:50] | And Mr. Kinsey, | 金西先生 |
[03:52] | You might want to shave your beard. | 你该刮刮胡子了吧 |
[03:53] | What?! Who the hell are you people?! | 什么 你们算哪根葱 |
[03:57] | That was a joke. | 我开玩笑的 |
[04:04] | There’s no need for panic. | 没必要惊慌 |
[04:05] | Just think of this as the same as any major client visit. | 把这个想成是大客户来访就行了 |
[04:08] | They’re flying across the ocean to have their knobs polished? | 他们飞洋过海是为了到此寻欢作乐吗 |
[04:11] | 4th of July- subtle. | 7月4号 真会挑日子 |
[04:14] | Get the door, will you? | 拜托把门关了 |
[04:16] | The British are coming. | 英国人要来了 |
[04:21] | I assume you know what this is about. | 我想你很清楚他们此行意欲何为吧 |
[04:25] | I have a theory. I believe they’re coming to see you. | 据我看来 他们是来见你的 |
[04:29] | – Why? – They’ve shown a great deal of interest in you. | -为什么 -他们似乎对你非常有兴趣 |
[04:32] | Ever since you swung around your privates | 尤其是你上次在董事会 |
[04:34] | In the boardroom with Duck last year. | 和达克交锋之后 |
[04:35] | They study and dissect your work, | 他们认真研究了你的作品 |
[04:38] | Trying to decipher | 试着破解 |
[04:40] | What is your particular American genius. | 你与众不同的天才创意 |
[04:44] | What do you think it is? The presidency? | 你觉得他们会如何决策 让他当总裁吗 |
[04:47] | No, I think it’ll be a creative umbrella | 不 我觉得他们可能会让唐 |
[04:51] | With a dual position in London and New York. | 在伦敦和纽约担任双重职位 |
[04:54] | – London? – Bye-bye, don. | -伦敦 -再见了 唐 |
[05:00] | How congenial you two are. | 你们真是绝配了 |
[05:02] | I hope you can maintain this pretense when they arrive. | 我希望他们来后 你们还能这么默契 |
[05:05] | – Excuse me? – Kiss and make up | -什么 -言归于好吧 |
[05:08] | Before you cost us all something. | 否则我们都会遭殃 |
[05:11] | You’re being melodramatic. | 你简直是危言耸听 |
[05:13] | Miss Blankenship, | 布兰肯希普小姐 |
[05:15] | Please make an appointment at Angelo’s | 请为斯特林和德雷柏两位先生 |
[05:17] | For Mr. Sterling and Draper, | 预约理发师安吉鲁 |
[05:21] | – The soonest available. – I have my own barber. | -越快越好 -我有专属理发师 |
[05:24] | – That’s not necessary. – Enough! | -没必要 -够了 |
[05:27] | Everyone wants Martin & Lewis. | 谁都想成为马丁和里维斯那样的最佳搭档 |
[05:30] | Reconcile. | 和解吧 |
[05:37] | Damn it! | 妈的 |
[05:48] | It’s done! John Deere is done. | 完成了 约翰迪尔公司新产品问世 |
[05:51] | The 110 lawn and garden tractor | 110型号草坪花园拖拉机 |
[05:54] | With snow thrower, transparent vinyl enclosure | 配有扫雪机 光亮塑料机身 |
[05:57] | And a key. | 和钥匙 |
[05:59] | Look at him. He just brought in a mastodon. | 看看他 他带了个庞然大物过来 |
[06:05] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来迟了 |
[06:07] | Big accounts move slowly | 大客户总是姗姗来迟 |
[06:09] | but the John Deere doesn’t. | 但是约翰迪尔公司的人不会 |
[06:10] | Listen, Mr. Clampett. | 听着 克兰帕特先生 |
[06:11] | You might want to get your iron horse out of reception. | 你最好把你的坐骑搬出接待室 |
[06:13] | I will… after everybody sees it. | 我会的 等大家都看过之后我就搬 |
[06:16] | No, P.P.L. Is coming. | 不行 帕特南鲍威尔洛公司的人要来了 |
[06:18] | – When? – Tomorrow morning. | -什么时候 -明早 |
[06:20] | And we have to work Wednesday. | 我们周三还得工作 |
[06:21] | We have to give presentations. | 还要做展示报告 |
[06:22] | You got that one just in time. | 你正好赶上了 |
[06:25] | Yeah, I guess I did. | 我想是吧 |
[06:35] | She’s in here! | 她在这里 |
[06:38] | I’m resting and your little brother’s sleeping. | 我在休息 你的小弟弟在睡觉 |
[06:42] | All he does is sleep. | 他就只会睡觉 |
[06:45] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[06:47] | I’m bored. | 我很无聊 |
[06:48] | Go bang your head against a wall. | 去面壁吧 |
[06:50] | – Mom! – Only boring people are bored. | -妈妈 -只有无趣的人才会感到无聊 |
[06:54] | Can I pet him? | 我能抚摸他吗 |
[06:57] | Don’t wake him. | 别弄醒他 |
[07:03] | Come over here. | 过来这边 |
[07:06] | Go play. | 自己玩去 |
[07:15] | You can sleep all you want, little pig in a blanket. | 想睡就睡吧 毛毯里的小猪猪 |
[07:21] | That is quite a shave. | 这一刀可真是干净利落 |
[07:25] | I’m thinking about my toes right now. | 帮我把脚指甲也修一下吧 |
[07:27] | – Go to town. – He’s next. | -去镇上吧 -下一个帮他弄 |
[07:31] | – I already had one. – See, that’s not true. | -我已经修过了 -你显然在说谎 |
[07:34] | You think there’s something feminine about it? | 你觉得只有女人才会修指甲吗 |
[07:36] | My father was the tallest, handsomest, vainest man in New York, | 我父亲是全纽约最高 最帅 最虚荣的人 |
[07:41] | and he got his nails done. | 他的指甲全修过 |
[07:47] | He had his fourth coronary behind the wheel | 他第四次心脏病突发时正在开车 |
[07:49] | And then hit a tree. | 然后撞上了一棵树 |
[07:51] | Windshield severed his arm | 挡风玻璃使他的手臂当场断裂 |
[07:53] | And he was dead, so they never put it back on. | 他死了 断臂也永远没被接回去 |
[07:57] | In the casket, he had one hand- | 他躺在棺材里 只有一只手 |
[07:59] | The nails were perfect. | 可指甲仍然很光鲜 |
[08:01] | I don’t believe that story. | 我不相信这个故事 |
[08:03] | Okay, so he hit another car and not a tree. | 好吧 他是撞上了另一辆车 不是树 |
[08:11] | It’s my company. Why should I be nervous? | 这是我的公司 我为何感到紧张 |
[08:14] | Because you sold it. | 因为你把它卖了 |
[08:16] | So that’s it? That’s what I did to you? | 就这样吗 我就这样对你的吗 |
[08:18] | I got you half of a million dollars? I’m really sorry about that. | 让你得了50万美元吗 我还真够对不住你的 |
[08:21] | No one said you did anything. | 没人说你做了什么 |
[08:24] | You sound like Burl Ives. | 你说话真像伯尔[著名作家 演员 音乐家] |
[08:29] | Part of the problem with Mona | 我之所以对莫娜不满 部分原因是 |
[08:33] | Is that one day she just started judging people. | 她开始对别人评头论足了 |
[08:36] | Never gave a crap before. | 她以前从不多嘴多舌的 |
[08:39] | I’ll tell you right now, Don, | 我现在告诉你 唐 |
[08:41] | I don’t like being judged. | 我不喜欢别人对我说三道四 |
[08:44] | Listen, Roger- | 听着 罗杰 |
[08:46] | I’m okay. I’m okay. | 好了 好了 |
[08:51] | We don’t need to talk about this anymore. | 我们没必要再说这些了 |
[08:53] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[08:56] | I was holding out for gratitude, | 我不胜感激 |
[08:58] | But I will take that. | 以后我也不会再谈起了 |
[09:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:03] | Well, maybe now you’ll have the money and the glory. | 也许你会钱财和荣耀两者兼得 |
[09:08] | Call the photographers, type service and vendors | 告诉摄影师 打印商和推销员 |
[09:11] | And tell them all deliveries should come between 9:30 and 11:00 | 所有东西必须在9:30到11点之间送来 |
[09:13] | So the British can see lots of activity when they arrive. | 这样英国人到来时 就会看到一副热火朝天的景象 |
[09:17] | Now. | 现在就做 |
[09:18] | Are you being short with me | 你对我颐指气使是为了 |
[09:19] | Because you think it’ll make parting easier? | 不想让离别太难过吗 |
[09:22] | My mother used to do that. | 我妈妈过去也常这么做 |
[09:24] | I’m noticing for the first time | 我今天第一次注意到 |
[09:25] | That the ladies out here are rather plain, | 这里的女士们都相貌平平 |
[09:28] | Present company excluded. | 当然 我面前的这两位除外 |
[09:29] | Well, we could hire some prostitutes. | 我们可以雇些妓女 |
[09:31] | I know your prime minister enjoys their company. | 我听闻你们的首相很喜欢有妓女相伴左右 |
[09:34] | The secretary of war, | 是国防部部长[拉姆顿丑闻事件] |
[09:36] | And you’d do best not to bring that up tomorrow. | 你最好明天别提这事 |
[09:38] | – I apologize. – Well, I apologize | -我道歉 -我也道歉 |
[09:40] | That tomorrow’s visit will steal from your spotlight. | 明天不能为你举办欢送派对了 |
[09:43] | Perhaps we can reschedule your | 也许假期过后我们可以 |
[09:44] | surprise party till after the holiday? | 再为你举办惊喜派对 |
[09:46] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么要说出来 |
[09:49] | Do what? | 说什么 |
[09:50] | Mrs. Harris knows everything. | 哈里斯夫人知晓一切 |
[09:51] | I’m sure she was expecting it. | 我敢肯定她一定非常期待 |
[09:54] | I’m going to go home and make a celebratory dinner for my husband. | 我现在要回家去为我丈夫做庆功晚餐 |
[09:58] | And when you wake up in the middle of the night | 如果你在半夜醒来 |
[10:00] | And wonder what you forgot, don’t call me. | 想不起忘记什么了 别打电话问我 |
[10:15] | – Well, that’s smooth. – I got a shave. | -脸颊很光滑嘛 -我刮了胡子 |
[10:18] | – Why? – They ordered me to do it. | -为什么 -他们命令我这么做 |
[10:21] | We have an inspection tomorrow- the British. | 英国人明天要来视察 |
[10:24] | Well, you look very successful. | 看来你要飞黄腾达了 |
[10:28] | Hot or cold? | 吃热食还是冷食 |
[10:29] | Swedish meatballs or chicken salad? | 瑞典肉丸还是鸡肉沙拉 |
[10:32] | Chicken salad. | 鸡肉沙拉 |
[10:36] | Did you pick up a nightlight? | 你买夜明灯了吗 |
[10:37] | I did, and I read her to sleep. | 买了 我还读书伴她睡觉了 |
[10:40] | She was still clingy. | 她还是那么依赖我 |
[10:43] | I don’t remember her being that resentful when Bobby was born. | 我记得博比出生时 她好像没有这么怨愤 |
[10:46] | I don’t know that she resents him. | 我怎么没发现她不满小家伙的降生 |
[10:47] | Well, she won’t go near him. | 她甚至都不愿意靠近他 |
[10:50] | She won’t even go in his room unless I make her. | 除非我叫她去 否则她根本不会去婴儿房 |
[10:55] | – Why are they visiting? – We don’t know. | -他们为什么要来视察 -不知道 |
[10:58] | Delayed everybody’s vacation plans. | 耽误了所有人的假期计划 |
[11:03] | He was perfect today. | 他今天表现非常好 |
[11:06] | – Who? – Gene. | -谁 -吉恩 |
[11:11] | Would you ever want to live in London? | 你想过在伦敦定居吗 |
[11:17] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[11:20] | Of course. | 当然 |
[11:21] | I could get a pram and a real nanny. | 我可以买辆婴儿车 雇个全职保姆 |
[11:26] | What do you know? | 你听到了什么消息 |
[11:27] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[11:53] | Where the hell were you? | 你到底去哪了 |
[11:56] | I told you- I was going for drinks with the Docs. | 我告诉过你我跟一帮医生同事去喝酒了 |
[11:59] | You didn’t tell me anything. You didn’t call me. | 你什么都没说 你根本没给我打电话 |
[12:02] | I called you at work. | 我上班的时候打给你了 |
[12:04] | That’s a lie. | 你撒谎 |
[12:06] | I just ate dinner for two. | 我一个人吃了双份的晚餐 |
[12:10] | Get over here. | 过来 |
[12:17] | I know you’re drunk. | 我知道你醉了 |
[12:18] | Come sit next to me. | 过来坐我旁边 |
[12:32] | So what happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[12:35] | I, uh… | 我… |
[12:40] | I didn’t get it. | 我没得到那份工作 |
[12:43] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[12:53] | It doesn’t say anything except | 这上面什么都没说 |
[12:55] | That they made Doug Hutchinson chief resident. | 只说让道格·哈金森担任首席住院医师 |
[12:58] | And I felt the floor open up under me. | 我只觉得天颤地动 |
[13:05] | So you’ll get it next year. | 你明年还是有希望的 |
[13:07] | You knew it was possible. | 你知道这可能性很大 |
[13:10] | I ran into Eddinger about a half hour before the letter came. | 我在通告信下达之前的一小时遇到了艾丁加 |
[13:15] | I could tell something was wrong. | 我当时就知道有什么不对劲 |
[13:17] | He wouldn’t look me in the eye. | 他都不敢正视我 |
[13:22] | I figured he felt bad | 我以为他会心怀愧疚 |
[13:23] | And that I’d at least find out what the hell happened. | 这样的话 我至少会搞清楚到底发生了什么 |
[13:29] | But he didn’t feel bad. | 可他根本毫无愧疚 |
[13:31] | What are you talking about? He loves you. | 说什么呢 他喜欢你 |
[13:37] | He sat me down in his office, | 他让我坐在他的办公室里 |
[13:40] | He poured a drink and he said- | 倒了一杯酒 然后他说 |
[13:52] | He said I had no brains in my fingers. | 他说我做手术不用头脑 |
[14:00] | But he wrote you all those nice evaluations. | 但他为你写的评语都是正面的 |
[14:03] | Damn it, Joan! Doctors don’t write bad things about each other. | 该死 琼 医生是不会相互抨击的 |
[14:11] | So you’ll go to another hospital. | 你要去别的医院另谋高就吗 |
[14:13] | Not in new york. | 不会在纽约了 |
[14:15] | If I want to stay in surgery, | 如果我想继续待在外科门诊 |
[14:16] | I can go to Alabama or something. | 我可以去阿拉巴马州或其他地方 |
[14:32] | So what happens? | 到底发生什么事了 |
[14:35] | You’re still a doctor, right? | 你仍然是位医生 对吧 |
[14:37] | I am. | 没错 |
[14:39] | Just not a surgeon, | 只不过不再是外科医生 |
[14:41] | And I will never be a surgeon. | 也永远无法成为外科医生 |
[14:48] | Did they fire you? | 他们解雇你了吗 |
[14:49] | I don’t want to talk about it, Joanie, okay? | 我现在不想谈这个 琼 |
[14:54] | I was hoping you were asleep. | 我原本希望你已经睡了 |
[14:58] | I have another year of residency. | 我还得再当一年住院医师 |
[15:01] | You’re not gonna be able to leave your job. | 你不能辞职 |
[15:04] | Greg, that’s done. | 格雷格 我已经辞了 |
[15:06] | Well, get another one. | 那就再找一份工作 |
[15:10] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[15:19] | Listen. | 听着 |
[15:21] | You are still a doctor. | 你仍是医生 |
[15:25] | I married you for your heart, not your hands. | 我嫁给你是因为你的心 不是因为你的职业 |
[15:32] | They all went out to celebrate. | 他们都出去庆祝了 |
[15:35] | I couldn’t do it. | 我却做不到 |
[15:36] | I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t fake it. | 我做不到 我无法强颜欢笑 |
[15:39] | I’ve been sitting in the Dublin house since 2:00. | 我2点开始就坐在都柏林酒吧里了 |
[15:46] | Go lay down. I’ll undress you. | 去躺下 我帮你脱衣服 |
[15:49] | Just let me close the light. | 我来关灯 |
[16:24] | Mr. Hooker, you neglected to tell | 胡克先生 你忘记通知我 |
[16:26] | me that our guests have arrived. | 我们的客人已经到了 |
[16:28] | To what do I owe the pleasure? | 能否有幸认识一下这位小姐 |
[16:29] | This is Mrs. Harris. | 这位是哈里斯夫人 |
[16:31] | She was the office manager before me, | 她是我的前任办公室经理 |
[16:32] | But she is off to greener pastures. | 但她另谋高就了 |
[16:34] | – well, that’s a shame. Guy Mackendrick. – Joan Harris. | -真遗憾 我是盖尔·麦肯克 -琼·哈里斯 |
[16:39] | This is Mr. Harold Ford | 这位是哈罗德·弗德先生 |
[16:42] | And you recall Saint John Powell. | 你一定还记得圣约翰·鲍威尔先生 |
[16:43] | we’ve spoken on the phone. | 我们在电话里聊过 |
[16:44] | I believe that’s true. I just wanted to tell you | 没错 我只是想告诉你们 |
[16:47] | I made a reservation at La Grenouille at 6:00 | 我在La Grenouille 预订了6点的座位[法式餐馆] |
[16:49] | And got you two tickets to “Oliver.” | 还买了两张《奥利弗》的票 |
[16:52] | It’s a wonderful show. | 这节目精彩绝伦 |
[16:53] | I’ve heard that – a tragedy with a happy ending. | 我听说过 以喜剧结尾的悲剧 |
[16:55] | My favorite kind. | 是我喜欢的类型 |
[16:58] | Thank you, Joan. Shall I give you the threepenny tour? | 谢谢你 琼 我能带你们简略参观一下吗 |
[17:06] | Please let everyone know that they’re here. | 告诉大家他们来了 |
[17:08] | We have you scheduled to meet | 我们为你们安排了和 |
[17:10] | With Sterling, Cooper and Draper and then with Mr. Pryce. | 斯特林 库珀 德雷柏和普莱斯先生的见面 |
[17:13] | Then a light lunch in the conference room | 然后在会议厅和你要求见面的员工 |
[17:16] | With the personnel you requested. | 享用一次简单的午餐 |
[17:18] | Tomorrow, the presentations and client meetings. | 明天 将举行展示报告和客户会议 |
[17:22] | – Saint John, good to see you again. – Peter Campbell. | -圣约翰 很高兴又见面了 -我是皮特·坎贝尔 |
[17:25] | – this is Guy Mackendrick. – I know everything about you. | -这位是盖尔·麦肯克 -我可是对你知根知底呀 |
[17:27] | You’re a very impressive fellow. | 你是个令人印象深刻的员工 |
[17:28] | I wish I could return the compliment. | 但愿有一天我也能跟你一样 用这样的话赞美员工 |
[17:31] | Well, perhaps one day you shall. | 你会有这么一天的 |
[17:40] | Good morning, gentlemen. | 早上好 先生们 |
[17:42] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[17:43] | Miss Olson, one of our copywriters. | 奥尔森小姐 是我们的一位文案 |
[17:46] | I know everything about you. | 我很了解你 |
[17:47] | You are a very impressive young woman. | 你是个让人印象深刻的年轻女士 |
[17:49] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:51] | I was just writing copy. | 我刚正在写广告文案 |
[17:53] | – As you were. – I hope we chat later. | -我想也是 -希望待会儿我们能好好聊聊 |
[17:59] | Mr. Draper is waiting for you in Mr. Cooper’s office. | 德雷柏先生在库珀的办公室里等你 |
[18:02] | This way. | 这边走 |
[18:08] | That is a very handsome man. | 那男的真帅 |
[18:20] | – Good to see all of you. – It’s a pleasure. | -很高兴见到大家 -幸会 |
[18:24] | Don. No worse for wear, I see. | 唐 你总是穿得这么得体 |
[18:26] | What a delightful custom. From the far east I assume? | 房间的风格不错 是远东风格吗 |
[18:29] | – Japan. – How was your trip? | -日本风格 -旅途如何 |
[18:31] | Gentlemen, I’d like you to meet Harold Ford | 先生们 这位是哈罗德·弗德 |
[18:34] | And this young man is Guy Mackendrick. | 而这位年轻人是盖尔·麦肯克 |
[18:36] | Mr. Cooper. | 库珀先生 |
[18:39] | – Mr. Sterling, what an honor. – Call me Roger. | -斯特林先生 幸会 -叫我罗杰 |
[18:41] | – And you must be Don Draper. – I am. | -你一定是唐·德雷柏 -没错 |
[18:44] | I can’t tell you how exciting it is to finally meet you. | 终于见面了 激动之情难以言表啊 |
[18:47] | That’s very flattering. | 太过奖了 |
[18:49] | Guy here has done a study of your work | 盖尔认真研究过你的广告作品 |
[18:52] | And that’s quite a compliment. | 那的确是发自内心的赞赏 |
[18:54] | You see, in addition to his inestimable charm, | 除了他无法估量的魅力之外 |
[18:57] | Guy here has degrees from Cambridge University | 盖尔还获得了剑桥大学 |
[19:00] | And the London school of economics. | 和伦敦经济学校的学位 |
[19:01] | Three years at the bank, two years at Mccann | 曾在银行任职3年 麦肯公司任职两年 |
[19:03] | And his most recent Coup-Mercedes Benz. | 而最近的职场经历是在奔驰公司 |
[19:06] | – That’s very impressive. – I apologize. | -非常了不起 -抱歉 |
[19:08] | I didn’t realize he was going to recite | 我没意识到他要背出 |
[19:09] | My entire curriculum vitae. | 我全部的个人简历 |
[19:13] | You left out “modest.” | 你真是不懂得”谦虚” |
[19:14] | Well, we’re going to debrief Mr. Pryce | 我们要去向普莱斯先生简单汇报一下 |
[19:17] | And the plan is for you to join us for luncheon. | 希望你们能与我们共进午餐 |
[19:19] | In the conference room at 1:00. | 1点在会议室 |
[19:21] | Sounds like Agatha Christie. | 真像阿加莎·克里斯蒂悬疑小说里的情节啊 |
[19:24] | Well, apparently our tour continues. | 显然我们的参观还得继续 |
[19:26] | I look forward to- how do you say? Catching up. | 我很期待 怎么说来着 与你好好谈谈 |
[19:29] | I as well. | 我也是 |
[19:33] | Well, that was strange. | 太奇怪了 |
[19:40] | Look at that. | 你看看他 |
[19:41] | The suspense is killing him. | 他简直心急如焚 |
[19:48] | Yes? | 请进 |
[19:55] | Mr. Powell and Mr. Ford are here to see you. | 鲍威尔先生和弗德先生要见你 |
[20:02] | – Spectacles. – Oh, right. | -您的眼镜 -哦 对 |
[20:09] | Send them in. | 让他们进来 |
[20:13] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[20:14] | Greetings, Saint John. | 热烈欢迎 圣约翰 |
[20:16] | Harold, what a pleasure. | 哈罗德 太荣幸了 |
[20:19] | Please see to it that Guy has a space to prepare. | 请确保盖尔有个做活动准备的地方 |
[20:21] | – Right away. – Gentlemen. | -马上办 -先生们 |
[20:23] | There’s coffee and cake. | 这里有咖啡和蛋糕 |
[20:33] | We’re very impressed, Lane. | 莱恩 新公司让我们印象深刻 |
[20:36] | Very very impressed indeed. | 应该说非常非常深刻 |
[20:39] | In nine months, you’ve trimmed every bit of excess, | 在九个月的时间里 你削减了额外开支 |
[20:43] | Increased billings and we haven’t heard a word of complaint. | 为公司创利 而我们从未听到任何不满的声音 |
[20:46] | Yes, well, Pax Romana and all that. | 就像罗马统治下的和平时期 |
[20:48] | Bravo. We’ve decided to offer you something | 太棒了 我们决定送给你一些东西 |
[20:51] | That we hope you’ll view as a reward and a challenge. | 希望你视作奖励和挑战 |
[20:55] | Is it in the box? | 是盒子里的吗 |
[20:58] | In a manner of speaking. | 可以这么说 |
[21:02] | Open it. | 打开吧 |
[21:10] | Ooh! What is that? | 哦 这是什么 |
[21:12] | It looks like a snake. | 看起来像条蛇 |
[21:15] | Fancy that. | 真有趣 |
[21:19] | – Is it real? – It was. | -是真蛇吗 -是的 |
[21:28] | It’s for our snake charmer. | 给我们耍蛇者的礼物 |
[21:30] | We’re sending you to Bombay. | 我们要派你去孟买 |
[21:33] | Bombay? | 孟买 |
[21:34] | What would I do there? | 我去那做什么 |
[21:35] | Well, hopefully the same thing you accomplished here. | 希望你去那边能再续这里所创的辉煌 |
[21:46] | Where shall I put this? | 我该把这个放哪儿 |
[21:59] | I guess I needn’t find a spot for it | 我猜不需要找地方放了 |
[22:00] | – If I’m simply moving again. – Don’t pout. | -因为我很快就会被再次调职 -别抱怨 |
[22:03] | One of your greatest qualities is you always do as you’re told. | 你最好的品德之一就是言听计从 |
[22:06] | No, it’s just the logistics, | 不 只是给我的生活造成了很多麻烦 |
[22:09] | my wife just settled, | 我妻子刚搬来 |
[22:10] | My son just accepted to school and now we’re moving on. | 我儿子刚在这儿入学 现在我们又要再次搬走 |
[22:14] | Nonsense. You’re moving up. | 胡说 你高升了 |
[22:22] | That’s the spirit. | 那种精神就对了 |
[22:32] | So without further ado, | 我不再赘言 |
[22:34] | I will give the floor to Guy Mackendrick. | 接下来有请盖尔·麦肯克先生做报告 |
[22:38] | Let me begin by offering my warmest wishes | 首先 我想表达最美好的祝愿和崇敬之情 |
[22:40] | And admiration for Lane Pryce and his exemplary work. | 感谢莱恩·普莱斯先生以及他杰出的工作 |
[22:43] | It’ll be hard to lose him, | 失去这样的人才实在让人惋惜 |
[22:45] | But there’s no doubt that our loss is India’s gain. | 但无疑 只有我们肯割爱 印度分公司才会辉煌 |
[22:58] | Now let me say there’s no cause for anxiety. | 我想告诉诸位 不必惶恐 |
[23:01] | There will be no further reductions in the ranks. | 不会再出现高层裁员的情况 |
[23:04] | Yes, that’s good news | 真是个好消息 |
[23:07] | If I might, I’d like to walk you | 如果可以 我想和你们一起 |
[23:08] | through this slight reorganization. | 经历这小小的改革 |
[23:15] | As before, P.P.L. London will be the head of this body | 与之前一样 伦敦总公司仍然是领头军 |
[23:19] | And Sterling Cooper, now more than ever, our American presence; | 斯特林库珀公司 则是我们在美国的业务代表 |
[23:23] | Our business maturity with your creative edge. | 你们的创造性才能让公司不断走向成熟 |
[23:27] | A triumvirate of Don, myself and Mr. Cooper, | 唐 库伯先生和我 将实行三头管理 |
[23:30] | Our chairman emeritus, | 我们的总裁将就此离职 |
[23:32] | We will see three streamlines of our partners. | 从今以后一切由我们三方决定 |
[23:35] | Creative art and copy, | 创意和文案 |
[23:38] | Account management | 客户管理部门 |
[23:39] | that’s Mr. Cosgrove and Mr. Campbell for the present | 由现任总监科斯格罗夫先生和坎贝尔负责 |
[23:42] | And a combined television media department headed by Mr. Crane. | 重新整合后的电视部将由克雷恩先生主管 |
[23:47] | Mr. Sterling’s not on that chart at all. | 斯特林先生根本就没在名单内 |
[23:53] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[23:55] | Oh. Well, that was an oversight. | 哦 这是我的疏忽 |
[23:58] | As you can see, nothing much has really changed. | 你们也看到了 其实变动不大 |
[24:00] | Frankly, my presence here is just | 坦白说 我今天来 |
[24:03] | to ensure thorough communication, | 只想与大家来次彻底的对话 |
[24:05] | That we help each other on both sides of the pond | 确保我们大家能互利互惠 |
[24:08] | Whether it be a sharing of creative genius, | 分享大家的创造性才能 |
[24:13] | Media savvy, | 新闻敏感度 |
[24:16] | Or the unbridled acquisition of new business. | 或是创造更多商机 |
[24:20] | I’m sure you all have 1,000 questions. | 我确信你们肯定满腹狐疑 |
[24:23] | But for the time being I say we inform the troops | 不过目前我们已经通知了大家 |
[24:27] | So that the transition can begin immediately after the holiday. | 所以假期后我们可以马上进行改革 |
[24:29] | Shall I have Mr. Hooker prepare a memo? | 需要胡克先生做会议备案吗 |
[24:32] | No. Nonsense. I don’t want this to be the kind of place | 不用 我不想改革的消息通过 |
[24:34] | Where such news is delivered that way. | 备案来传达给大家 |
[24:36] | Shall we? | 请 |
[24:46] | Gosh, we’re really going to miss you. | 哎呀 我们会非常想你的 |
[24:55] | – What the hell just happened? – They reorganized us | -究竟发生了什么 -他们对公司进行了整顿 |
[24:58] | And you’re the only one in this room who got a promotion. | 你是本公司唯一晋升的人 |
[25:00] | – Really? – Yes, really. | -真的吗 -千真万确 |
[25:06] | I apologize for my wild imagination. | 抱歉 我之前的猜测太不靠谱了 |
[25:16] | See? It’s clean. | 瞧 我收拾好了 |
[25:21] | That’s not what I want to talk to you about. | 我不是想和你说这个 |
[25:32] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[25:36] | It’s for you. | 是给你的 |
[25:38] | “for my new big sister, the best in the world.” | 给我的新大姐姐 世界上最好的人 |
[25:41] | And my goodness, it’s from baby Gene. | 天啊 这是吉恩宝宝给你的吗 |
[25:46] | Look. | 看看啊 |
[25:57] | Baby Gene can’t write. | 吉恩宝宝不会写字 |
[25:59] | Tsk. Babies get fairies to do things. | 精灵们乐于帮助婴儿做事 |
[26:03] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[26:06] | It’s really from him. I’m not kidding. | 真的是他写的 我没开玩笑 |
[26:09] | I think you should open it. | 我想你该打开它 |
[26:27] | – What is it? – It’s a barbie. | -是什么 -芭比娃娃 |
[26:38] | I think he wants you to know | 他想让你知道 |
[26:40] | That he wants to be your friend. | 他想和你做朋友 |
[26:47] | And you are very important to me too. | 你对我也非常重要 |
[27:12] | I’m sure you all have 1,000 questions, | 我确信你们也满腹狐疑 |
[27:15] | But before I raise a glass to Sterling Cooper’s future, | 在我举杯为斯特林&库珀的未来祝贺前 |
[27:19] | I should like to recognize its past, | 我想先回顾过去的工作 |
[27:22] | Most recently, the inspired stewardship of Lane Pryce. | 尤其是这段日子以来 莱恩·普莱斯卓越的管理工作 |
[27:26] | Hear hear! | 举杯同庆 |
[27:30] | I’m also aware of a rather significant milestone. | 我还意识到一个意义非凡的重要事件 |
[27:35] | Mrs. Harris, | 哈里斯夫人 |
[27:38] | From those who have known you only hours | 无论是刚认识你的人 |
[27:40] | To those who have cherished your nearly 10 years of service, | 抑或是难舍你近10年辛勤付出的人 |
[27:45] | I wish your caviar and children | 我祝愿你锦衣玉食 子孙满堂 |
[27:49] | And all that is good in your new life. | 在你全新的人生中 享受一切美好的东西 |
[27:54] | Oh, there there. That wasn’t my intention. | 哦 我可不是想惹你落泪 |
[28:03] | Mrs. Harris, please. | 哈里斯夫人 有请 |
[28:14] | We’ll have our presentations tomorrow. | 明天我们将要做展示报告 |
[28:16] | Let this afternoon be a fete worthy of Joan. | 今天下午就为琼庆贺吧 |
[28:19] | Enjoy the liquor and delicatessen. | 好好享用酒和美食 |
[28:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:29] | Thank you all. | 谢谢大家 |
[28:31] | This is completely unnecessary. | 这完全没必要 |
[28:34] | You’ll be sorely missed. | 我们会非常想念你的 |
[28:35] | We got you the cake. | 我们帮你订的蛋糕 |
[28:48] | So what now? They keep adding people above us. | 现在呢 他们不断派高层过来 凌驾于我们之上 |
[28:52] | One more promotion and we’re going to be answering phones. | 再有人晋升的话 我们都要去做接线员了 |
[29:00] | We should go say hi. | 我们得去打声招呼 |
[29:07] | This is good champagne. | 香槟不错 |
[29:09] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这么认为 |
[29:13] | I’m going to get something to eat. | 我得吃点东西了 |
[29:26] | Mr. Draper, Conrad Hilton’s office is on the line. | 德雷柏先生 康纳德·希尔顿办公室打来电话 |
[29:30] | – What? – Conrad Hilton, | -什么 – 康纳德·希尔顿 |
[29:32] | The hotel owner. | 希尔顿酒店的老板 |
[29:34] | Yeah, I know what he does. Why is he calling? | 我知道 他打电话来什么事 |
[29:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:37] | – And he’s calling for me? – Yes. Well, his office is. | -他找我吗 -没错 他办公室打来电话 |
[29:42] | Put him through. | 接进来 |
[29:50] | Donald Draper. | 唐纳德·德雷柏 |
[29:52] | Mr. Draper, this is miss Wakeman. | 德雷柏先生 我是维克曼小姐 |
[29:54] | Mr. Hilton has expressed a desire to meet with you. | 希尔顿先生特别想见你 |
[29:57] | May I ask what this is regarding? | 我能问问为什么吗 |
[29:58] | I just set his schedule. | 我只负责安排他的行程 |
[30:00] | When are you available? | 你什么时候方便 |
[30:04] | – How about right now? – “Right now. ” please hold. | -现在怎么样 -现在吗 请等等 |
[30:12] | How far are you from the Waldorf Astoria? | 你离华尔道夫饭店有多远 |
[30:15] | 15 minutes. | 15分钟 |
[30:17] | It’s the presidential suite. | 在总统套房会面 |
[30:20] | I’m on my way. | 我马上就到 |
[30:35] | Mmm. Where’s Miss Blankenship? | 布兰肯希普小姐在哪 |
[30:37] | She’s down there saluting Union Jack. | 她在下面讨好那些英国人呢 |
[30:40] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[30:42] | Chocolate pudding. | 巧克力布丁 |
[30:47] | I wasn’t even on the chart. | 我名字都没出现在名单上 |
[30:49] | My name’s on the wall out there. | 公司标牌上都有我名字呢 |
[30:52] | – You want some? -No. | -你想吃点吗 -不了 |
[30:55] | I like to think, “I’m rich. They can’t hurt me.” | 我只能这样想 “我很有钱 他们伤害不了我” |
[31:01] | That’s a mistake. | 这是不对的 |
[31:04] | I’m being punished for making my job look easy. | 我工作看上去似乎轻松简单 所以他们看不顺眼 |
[31:08] | Although – that kid guy, he has a spark. | 不过那个小屁孩还是有闪光点的 |
[31:12] | He is a pure account man. | 他就是个纯粹的业务员 |
[31:14] | And what is that job all about? | 那工作是干什么的 |
[31:19] | I don’t know. It’s about listening to people | 不知道 应该是对别人言听计从 |
[31:22] | And never saying what’s really on your mind. | 而从不发表自己的真实观点 |
[31:24] | No. It’s about letting things go | 错了 是放下心中的不快 |
[31:27] | So you can get what you want. | 才能得到自己想要的 |
[31:33] | Have a nice holiday. Enjoy the fireworks. | 假期快乐 好好享受烟火 |
[31:37] | We took their money. | 我们拿他们的钱 |
[31:38] | We have to do what they say. | 我们得照他们说的做 |
[31:52] | My dad keeps talking about Vietnam. | 我爸总说起越南 |
[31:55] | Like he wants me to get drafted. | 他想让我参军 |
[31:57] | First of all, they’re hardly drafting anybody. | 首先 他们几乎不征兵了 |
[32:00] | Second of all, you’re too old. | 再者 你太老了 |
[32:04] | Third of all, | 第三 |
[32:06] | I have a friend in the army, | 我在军队里有个朋友 |
[32:07] | And if you’re smart, you’re set. | 如果你够聪明 你就有福了 |
[32:09] | He sits behind a desk at Fort Dix | 他坐在迪克斯堡军事基地的办公桌后 |
[32:11] | And screws secretaries all day. | 整天和秘书鬼混 |
[32:13] | Does he shoot the peoples? | 他杀过人吗 |
[32:15] | I don’t know. I’ve gotta take a piss. | 不知道 我要去撒尿 |
[32:22] | – Joan. – Yes? | -琼 -什么事 |
[32:24] | – May I speak with you? – Thank you. | -可以和你聊聊吗 -谢谢 |
[32:31] | I just – I wanted to get you a card or a present. | 我想送你张卡片或是礼物 |
[32:35] | It’d be nice if I gave you a gift for once | 如果我送过你礼物就好了 |
[32:38] | And you didn’t wonder if I wanted something. | 你就不会认为我是想要你的回报了 |
[32:40] | Knock yourself out. | 你有话直说吧 |
[32:43] | I don’t want you to think I never listen to you. | 我不想你认为我从不听你的话 |
[32:47] | It’s just- we can’t all be you. | 不可能每个人都跟你一样 |
[32:49] | Be that as it may, I do take some credit for your success here. | 即使如此 你的成功也的确有我的功劳 |
[33:02] | Hey, put that back. | 嘿 放回原处 |
[33:04] | I’m going home! | 我要回家 |
[33:10] | I can’t believe I’m going to miss this! | 真不敢相信我会想念这一切了 |
[33:19] | I’m really happy that you got what you wanted. | 真高兴你梦想成真了 |
[33:22] | I remember on my first day you said | 我记得我来的第一天你说 |
[33:24] | That could happen to me if I played my cards right. | 如果我牌出得对 梦想是会成真的 |
[33:27] | Are you getting sentimental? | 你这么伤感做什么 |
[33:31] | Oh! Oh my god. | 哦 天啊 |
[33:34] | Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll see each other all the time. | 别担心 我们会一直见面的 |
[33:37] | If we don’t, I just have to say- | 如果不会 那我得说 |
[33:49] | Oh, for the love of christ! | 仁慈的上帝啊 |
[33:51] | Oh my god. | 天啊 |
[33:53] | – Oh, my foot! – Call an ambulance! | -我的脚 -叫救护车 |
[33:56] | – Holy crap! – Jesus! | -糟了 -老天啊 |
[34:02] | There’s a tourniquet in the first aid kit. | 第一个急救箱里有止血带 |
[34:04] | You’re gonna be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[34:07] | Dear god. | 我的主啊 |
[34:10] | I can’t feel a thing. | 我失去知觉了 |
[34:12] | Oh, god! What did I do?! | 天啊 我都做了什么啊 |
[34:16] | Get her out of here! | 带她离开这儿 |
[34:18] | The ambulance is on its way. | 救护车正赶过来 |
[34:34] | – I’m Donald Draper. – We’ve met before. | -我是唐纳德·德雷柏 -我们之前见过 |
[34:36] | We have, haven’t we? | 我们是见过 对吧 |
[34:38] | Yellow rock country club. | 黄石乡村俱乐部 |
[34:40] | – We had a drink. – Of course. | -我们一起喝过酒 -当然 |
[34:42] | You fixed it for me. Let me return the favor. | 那次是你请我 这次换我请吧 |
[34:47] | I can’t believe you’re Conrad Hilton. | 我不敢相信你居然是康纳德·希尔顿 |
[34:49] | Connie. | 康尼 |
[34:51] | Don. | 唐 |
[34:53] | Food? | 吃点东西吗 |
[34:54] | Best kitchen in the world- got a salad named after it. | 世上最好的厨房 以沙拉名字命名的 |
[34:57] | I’m fine. I really should have known that. | 不用了 我早该猜到的 |
[35:00] | I don’t know. Now, uh… | 我不知道 现在 |
[35:05] | After this comes out | 等这个出版以后 |
[35:07] | Next week- | 下周 |
[35:11] | Well, they don’t do that for everyone. | 可不是每个人都有这样的待遇 |
[35:16] | I think I look like an Arab. | 我想我看起来像个阿拉伯人 |
[35:19] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[35:21] | I called around, told people I had a long chat | 我四处打电话 跟别人说我和一个 |
[35:23] | With a handsome fella from Sterling Cooper | 斯特林&库珀公司的帅哥长谈过 |
[35:25] | And your name never came up. | 可没有一个人会想到是你 |
[35:27] | Apparently you don’t have long chats with people. | 显然大家都认为你不可能和别人长谈 |
[35:30] | Well, here I am. | 我来了 |
[35:32] | What can I do for you? | 我能为你做什么 |
[35:37] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[35:43] | I think you wouldn’t be in the presidential suite right now | 如果你每次都是免费工作的话 |
[35:45] | If you worked for free. | 你现在可住不进总统套房 |
[35:47] | Don, this is friendly. | 唐 我这是出于礼貌 |
[35:49] | Connie, this is my profession. What do you want me to do? | 康尼 这是我的职业 我实话实说罢了 |
[35:54] | I want you to give me one for free. | 我希望你免费为我工作一次 |
[36:13] | I don’t think anybody wants to think about a mouse in a hotel. | 我认为人们不会喜欢住在酒店里的老鼠 |
[36:29] | Well, that was my idea. | 这是我的想法 |
[36:32] | You got something better? | 你还有更好的想法吗 |
[36:34] | I might. | 也许吧 |
[36:39] | So… | 那么 |
[36:40] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[36:45] | I’m not gonna lie – I’d love a chance at your business. | 我不想撒谎 我希望能够成为你们的广告代理商 |
[36:51] | Okay… | 没问题 |
[36:54] | But the next time somebody like me asks you | 但下次若有像我这样的人 |
[36:56] | A question like that, | 为你同样的问题 |
[36:58] | You need to think bigger. | 你得好好考虑下再回答了 |
[37:03] | Well, Connie, | 康尼 |
[37:07] | There are snakes that go months without eating | 蛇可以数月不吃东西 |
[37:10] | And then they finally catch something, | 直到最终捕获到食物 |
[37:11] | But they’re so hungry | 但它们由于太饥饿了 |
[37:13] | That they suffocate while they’re eating. | 在进食的时候会窒息而死 |
[37:18] | One opportunity at a time. | 一生也就一次机会 |
[37:23] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打断你们 |
[37:25] | Mr. Draper, you have an emergency call. | 德雷柏先生 你有紧急电话 |
[37:28] | Home or office? | 家里还是办公室打来的 |
[37:29] | Do you understand what’s happened here? | 你明白现在的状况吗 |
[37:31] | – That we’re not to be trusted? – She’s an idiot. | -别人不信任我们 -她是个笨蛋 |
[37:34] | I didn’t know she couldn’t drive. | 我不知道她不会开车 |
[37:35] | You took the machine out. | 是你把那机器开出来的 |
[37:36] | You have to have respect for that equipment. | 你得敬畏那台机器 |
[37:38] | It’s very safe when operated correctly. | 使用得当的话 是非常安全的 |
[37:40] | We had the world handed to us on a plate, | 我们本可以如鱼得水 大有作为 |
[37:42] | And then you swing in on a chandelier,drop your pants and crap on it. | 可因你而起的事故却将这一切毁于一旦 |
[37:45] | Jesus, it’s like Iwo Jima out there. | 天啊 外面就像是个大战场一样 |
[37:48] | We should put a rubber mat down so Cooper can get around. | 我们得铺上橡胶毯子 这样库珀才方便走动 |
[37:51] | They’re changing the carpeting. | 他们正在换地毯 |
[37:53] | Any news? | 有什么新闻吗 |
[37:55] | He might lose his foot. | 他可能会失去一只脚 |
[37:56] | Right when he got it in the door. | 他早该料到的 |
[38:01] | Oh god. | 天啊 |
[38:03] | Sit down, sissy Mary. You’re pale. | 坐吧 玛丽小妞 你面色苍白 |
[38:08] | I take full responsibility. | 我负全责 |
[38:11] | Believe me, somewhere in this business,this has happened before. | 相信我 这行业里 曾经也发生过这事 |
[38:29] | Joan- my god. | 琼 老天啊 |
[38:32] | I know. It’s ruined. | 我知道 全毁了 |
[38:34] | – How is he? – I didn’t expect you to come over. | -他怎么样了 -我没打算叫你过来 |
[38:36] | I just thought you should know. | 我只是觉得该让你知道 |
[38:38] | Honestly, when I called you, I thought he might die. | 老实说 我打给你的时候 我以为他会死 |
[38:40] | But he’s not going to? | 但他不会死的 是吧 |
[38:42] | No. He’s lost the foot. | 他失去了一只脚 |
[38:45] | Jesus. That’s awful. | 天啊 太糟糕了 |
[38:47] | Lane went to retrieve Powe and Ford from dinner. | 鲍威尔和弗德还在吃晚餐 莱恩去叫了 |
[38:50] | They’ve already talked to the doctor. | 他们和医生谈过了 |
[38:54] | I’ll wait. | 我会等的 |
[39:06] | Despite the circus today, | 先不说今天的闹剧 |
[39:09] | I hope you know that you are going to be terribly missed. | 我希望你知道 大家都会非常想你的 |
[39:14] | That’s nice to hear, | 很高兴听到这个 |
[39:16] | Especially from you, Don. | 特别是从你口中说出来 唐 |
[39:30] | I bet he felt great when he woke up this morning. | 我打赌今早他醒来 一定觉得很好 |
[39:35] | I’m sure you’re right. | 我想你说的很对 |
[39:38] | But that’s life. | 可那就是人生 |
[39:40] | One minute you’re on top of the world, | 一分钟前你是世界的佼佼者 |
[39:42] | The next minute some secretary is | 而下一分钟却被某个秘书 |
[39:43] | running you over with a lawn mower. | 开着割草机碾压了一只脚 |
[39:52] | – I’m heartbroken. – It’s a terrible tragedy. | -我心都碎了 -真是个天大的悲剧 |
[39:56] | One that surely could have been avoided, | 本来是可以避免的 |
[39:58] | Although, Mrs. Harris, thank you for your quick thinking. | 但是 哈里斯夫人 还是要感谢你的果断 |
[40:01] | – You may have saved his life. – Such as it is. | -这也许会救他一命 -当然了 |
[40:04] | He was a great account man – a prodigy. | 他是位优秀的业务员 一位天才 |
[40:07] | He could talk a Scotsman out of a penny. | 他可以轻易说服一个苏格兰人 |
[40:10] | Now that’s all over. | 可现在这一切都完结了 |
[40:14] | I don’t know if that’s true. | 我不知道是否是这样 |
[40:15] | The man is missing a foot. | 那个男人断了一只脚 |
[40:17] | How is he going to work? He can’t walk. | 他怎么工作 他不能走路了 |
[40:19] | The doctor said he’ll never golf again. | 医生说他再也不能打高尔夫了 |
[40:22] | I’m afraid we have to reevaluate our entire strategy. | 恐怕我们得重新调整我们整个计划 |
[40:26] | Lane will remain here indefinitely. | 莱恩会一直留在这里 |
[40:30] | We’ll close the office tomorrow, obviously. | 显然明天得放假了 |
[40:32] | Mrs. Harris, please allow the company to reimburse you for that dress, | 哈里斯夫人 请允许公司补偿你这条裙子 |
[40:35] | Just as a token of our gratitude. | 作为我们的感激之情 |
[40:37] | I think Saint John and I should see him if we can. | 如果可以 我和圣约翰应该进去看看他 |
[40:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[40:50] | You should get home to that lucky husband. | 你该回去陪伴你的幸运丈夫 |
[40:53] | Yes. | 没错 |
[41:20] | Can I get you one? | 你要喝点吗 |
[41:22] | Sure. | 好的 |
[41:29] | I’ve been reading a lot of American literature lately. | 我最近读了很多美国文学著作 |
[41:36] | – “Tom Sawyer.” – That’s a good one. | -例如《汤姆索亚历险记》 -那是本好书 |
[41:40] | I feel like I just went to my own funeral. | 我感觉自己在自掘坟墓 |
[41:44] | I didn’t like the eulogy. | 我不喜欢颂词 |
[42:45] | – Hey. Hey hey hey hey. Hey hey. – Daddy! | -嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿 -爸爸 |
[42:49] | Hey. I’ve got you. | 我在这儿呢 |
[42:51] | I’ve got you. Just breathe. | 我在这儿呢 深呼吸 |
[43:00] | Get him out, daddy! | 把他弄出去 爸爸 |
[43:05] | I don’t even know what to say. | 我都不知道该说什么了 |
[43:14] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[43:20] | Okay, calm down | 好了 冷静 |
[43:23] | And tell me what’s going on. | 告诉我怎么了 |
[43:25] | Grandpa Gene- | 吉恩外公 |
[43:27] | He’s not supposed to be here anymore. | 他不该再出现在这里了 |
[43:29] | – He’s not. – He’s called Gene, | -他不在这儿啊 -宝宝也叫吉恩 |
[43:32] | He sleeps in his room, he looks just like him | 他睡在外公的房间 他长得也像他 |
[43:34] | And I bet when he starts talking | 我打赌他一开口讲话 |
[43:36] | He’s gonna sound just like him too. | 声音也会很像他的 |
[43:40] | He’s a baby. That’s it. | 他是个婴儿 仅此而已 |
[43:47] | I want you to go to sleep. | 你得休息了 |
[43:49] | There’s no such thing as ghosts. | 世上没有什么鬼魂的 |
[44:10] | Betts, this has to stop. | 贝蒂 这事必须到此为止 |
[44:12] | There’s nothing I can do. | 我无能为力 |
[44:14] | She’s jealous of her little brother. | 她嫉妒她的小弟弟 |
[44:16] | No, she’s not jealous. She’s scared, | 她不是嫉妒 她是害怕 |
[44:18] | And it’s all because he has that name. | 全是因为他的名字 |
[44:20] | “that name.” you’ve never liked it, | 你从没喜欢过那个名字 |
[44:23] | You haven’t hidden it well and now you’re bringing her into this. | 你骗不了我 现在她也这样 |
[44:25] | That’s ridiculous. Let’s talk about Sally. | 太荒谬了 说说萨丽 |
[44:27] | She’s a child. She’ll get over it. | 她还是个孩子 都会过去的 |
[44:30] | Now you have to. | 而现在你得先克服 |
[44:32] | He was my father and that was his name. | 他是我父亲 宝宝也就叫那个名字不改了 |
[44:35] | It’s what people do, Don. | 唐 大家都这么做的 |
[44:37] | It’s how they keep the memory alive. | 人们就是这样怀念逝去的人 |
[44:39] | He hated me and I hated him. | 他讨厌我 我也讨厌他 |
[44:41] | – That’s the memory. – That’s his name. | -这就是我全部的记忆 -那就是他的名字 |
[44:49] | I’m really sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[44:51] | I didn’t mean to wake him. | 我没想吵醒他 |
[44:56] | That’s okay, honey. | 亲爱的 没事 |
[44:58] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都很正常 |
[45:02] | Come on. Let’s get you to sleep. | 去吧 去睡觉吧 |
[45:32] | Come over here. | 过来 |
[45:47] | You see? It’s all right. | 瞧 没事吧 |
[45:58] | This is your little brother | 这是你的小弟弟 |
[46:02] | And he’s only a baby. | 他还只是个婴儿 |
[46:06] | We don’t know who he is yet, | 我们都还不知道他是怎样的一个人 |
[46:09] | Or who he’s going to be. | 或者他会变成怎样的一个人 |
[46:15] | And that is a wonderful thing. | 而这 是一件美好的事情 |