时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:13] | Hello? | 喂 |
[01:14] | Do you ever pray on a difficult problem? | 你会为困难而祷告吗 |
[01:18] | Connie. | 康尼 |
[01:21] | I had this Revelation– | 我感知到了上帝的神示 |
[01:23] | New York city is not a domestic destination like say Dallas. | 纽约不会和达拉斯一样 定位为国内目标城市 |
[01:30] | I’m sorry. What? | 你说什么 |
[01:32] | You know, God speaks to us. | 你知道 上帝赐予我们启示 |
[01:34] | We have an impulse and we act on it. | 我们就有了动力 然后将之付诸行动 |
[01:40] | That’s very interesting. | 真有趣 |
[01:42] | How do we know to do it, Don? | 我们如何觉察行动时机呢 唐 |
[01:44] | How do we know to do something? | 我们如何知道该不该行动呢 |
[01:48] | Instinct. | 直觉 |
[01:49] | So you’re just like a dog? | 像狗一样靠直觉吗 |
[01:54] | I knew the patina of the Waldorf | 我知道华尔道夫酒店的光芒 |
[01:56] | would shine over all my domestic properties. | 在国内是熠熠生辉的 |
[01:59] | But it hasn’t worked abroad. | 但在国外就不行了 |
[02:02] | I know I just gave you New York | 我虽然只让你管理纽约分部 |
[02:03] | But can you help me with that? | 但你能帮我想办法冲向国际吗 |
[02:07] | You want me to take your international business, Connie? | 康尼 你想让我也负责你的国际业务吗 |
[02:10] | I want you to earn it. | 我希望你帮我赢得国际市场 |
[02:12] | A little bit of “Wow,” | 至少应该表现出惊喜吧 |
[02:13] | as a lady friend of mine used to say. | 就像我一个女性老友常做的那样 |
[02:17] | Let me think on that. | 让我想想 |
[02:19] | It sounds like pride, but I want Hiltons all over the world. | 也许有些自大 我希望希尔顿遍布全球 |
[02:22] | Like missions. | 如传教一般 |
[02:24] | I want a Hilton on the moon. That’s where we’re headed. | 连月球上也有希尔顿 这才是我们的目标 |
[02:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:31] | America is wherever we look, wherever we’re going to be. | 目所能及 行之所至 都是美国的标志 |
[02:37] | That’s very good, Connie. | 这目标非常伟大 康尼 |
[02:39] | You’re the one who said that to me. | 是你让我产生这种想法的 |
[02:43] | Well, I guess it’s not that memorable. | 我倒记不清了 |
[02:46] | Write up a proposal for the New York Hiltons as convention spaces | 纽约希尔顿即将作为会场 你写个计划书 |
[02:49] | And send it over to me by noon. | 中午前发送给我 |
[02:51] | – I’ll take it on the plane. – Done. | -我会在飞机上看 -行 |
[02:57] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[03:07] | – I’m sorry about that. – It’s okay. | -不好意思 -没事 |
[03:11] | I don’t think the 4:00 a.m. feedings are over yet. | 凌晨四点正好是他吃奶的时间 |
[03:15] | “I want what I want when I want it,” | “我饿了就得吃 管它是什么时间呢” |
[03:17] | And you don’t care what it does to the rest of us. | 你才不管有没有影响到其他人呢 |
[03:21] | Like someone else I know. | 和我知道的某个人一样 |
[03:25] | The baby’s up every three hours. | 宝宝三小时醒一次 |
[03:27] | Hilton only calls every four. | 希尔顿每四小时才打个电话 |
[03:29] | I think you like it. | 我觉得你喜欢那样 |
[03:37] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[03:40] | I can’t sleep. I’m going in. | 我睡不着 上班去了 |
[04:01] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[04:02] | – I’m running. – In the dark? | -跑步 -在一片漆黑中跑吗 |
[04:05] | It’s cool, it’s quiet | 很凉爽 很安静 |
[04:07] | And no one bothers me. | 没人打扰 |
[04:11] | You’re wrong about that. | 那你错了 |
[04:13] | Let me give you a ride. Where are you going? | 我载你一程 你去哪儿 |
[04:15] | I’m going home, and the whole idea is to run there. | 我回家 如果坐车的话 晨跑就没有意义了 |
[04:20] | Well, take a break. Do you smoke? | 那休息一会 你抽烟吗 |
[04:26] | Take me up to Ross Lane. | 送我去罗斯街 |
[04:36] | Don’t. | 别关 |
[04:54] | When school starts, i’m going to read it to the kids the first day. | 开学后第一天我就要把这个念给孩子们听 |
[04:59] | Do you think they can understand? | 你觉得他们能听懂吗 |
[05:02] | I think they already know it. | 他们应该早就知道这些了 |
[05:04] | And it’d be nice for them to hear an adult say it. | 再从成人嘴里听一遍比较好 |
[05:10] | Who are you? | 你到底是个怎样的人 |
[05:14] | I mean… | 我的意思是 |
[05:16] | Dumb or pure? | 你是太蠢还是太纯洁? |
[05:20] | Running out here in the middle of the night and I run into you. | 半夜遇见你 你在黑夜里跑步 |
[05:25] | How did that happen? | 怎么会有这样的人呢 |
[05:28] | What are you doing on the road? | 你又在路上做什么 |
[05:32] | I don’t know. I can’t sleep. | 不知道 我睡不着 |
[05:37] | – Right or left. – Just let me out up here. | -左拐还是右拐 -这里下就行了 |
[05:52] | It’s a nice house. | 房子不错 |
[05:55] | I rent the apartment over the garage. | 我租了车库上面的那间 |
[05:58] | – Have coffee with me. – You’ll be late for work. | -和我喝杯咖啡吧 -你上班要迟到的 |
[06:01] | I’m always late. | 我经常迟到 |
[06:04] | It’s coffee. | 只是喝杯咖啡 |
[06:08] | Maybe that’s why you can’t sleep– | 这大概就是你睡不着的原因 |
[06:11] | Too much coffee. | 喝太多咖啡了 |
[06:31] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[06:36] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:37] | How long have you been there? I had no idea. | 你躺在那多久啦 我完全不知道 |
[06:40] | Can you get me some coffee, please? | 能给我倒杯咖啡吗 |
[06:42] | And I need you to type this up | 我要你把这个打出来 |
[06:43] | And get it to Hilton before he leaves for Europe. | 然后在希尔顿去欧洲前交给他 |
[06:45] | Actually, he’s going to California. | 其实他是要去加利福利亚 |
[06:47] | He already left two messages on the service. | 他已经给你留了两次言 |
[06:49] | Do you want me to get him? | 要我马上转接进来吗 |
[06:51] | This. Coffee. Hilton. | 先去打印 然后倒咖啡 再说希尔顿 |
[06:54] | Of course. | 好的 |
[07:11] | Mr. Draper usually brings this in. | 通常是德雷柏先生取报纸的 |
[07:14] | He left early. | 他一早就走了 |
[07:18] | Can we go outside now? | 我们现在能出去了吗 |
[07:19] | It’s raining. Go upstairs. | 外面在下雨 上楼去 |
[07:31] | I did not sleep last night. | 我昨晚彻夜未眠 |
[07:34] | Go take a nap. I’ll shop in the afternoon. | 去躺会吧 下午我去买东西 |
[08:20] | It could either be the view of the acropolis, | 可以是雅典卫城的全景 |
[08:23] | or just these big columns, like you’re standing there. | 也可以是些大柱子 让你感觉置身其中 |
[08:26] | Then below it “Your window on the world. Hilton, Period.” | 下面写着: 希尔顿 为您打开世界之窗 |
[08:33] | That window looks as old to me as those columns. | 那扇窗户看起来和石柱一样古老 |
[08:36] | Did anybody look at a picture of the Athens Hilton? | 有人看过雅典城的希尔顿酒店吗 |
[08:39] | Sliding doors don’t read as windows. | 滑动门和窗户是不一样的 |
[08:42] | And believe it or not, we’re not allowed to pretend that | 不管怎样 我们不能装作 |
[08:44] | That’s the view from the window of the Hilton, | 这就是透过希尔顿之窗看到的景色 |
[08:45] | because it’s not. | 因为这和事实不相符 |
[08:48] | Other than that? | 还有什么建议吗 |
[08:50] | The tag is flat. | 广告语太平淡了 |
[08:52] | Well, that one’s yours. | 这广告语可是从你口中说出来的 |
[08:54] | That doesn’t make it good. If it’s bad, don’t use it. | 我说的不一定就好 如果不够经典 就别用 |
[08:59] | What else? | 还有事吗 |
[09:01] | There are 16 graphically perfect reduced photographs | 这儿有一幅十六格画 |
[09:04] | of Hilton Hotels all on a grid. | 简约地描绘了希尔顿酒店的各部分 |
[09:06] | A simple headline. | 还有一个简练的标题 |
[09:08] | “You go. We’ll meet you anywhere.” | “您离家在外的日子 处处有我们的相伴” |
[09:11] | Now that I can finally understand you, | 这下我终于能理解你们的作品了 |
[09:13] | I am less impressed with what you have to say. | 可以说你们的创意非常平庸 |
[09:17] | That’s your work too. | 那也是你的作品 |
[09:22] | – Who is “We”? – “We” are Hilton. | -“我们”指谁 -希尔顿酒店 |
[09:25] | And how do I know that? | 我如何知道这一点 |
[09:27] | Take out a magnifying glass and look at one of those tiny hotels? | 掏出个放大镜来看这些小图片吗 |
[09:30] | I write “Hilton” very big under this Greek. | 希腊语下面 “希尔顿”三个字写得很大 |
[09:35] | There is no deadline. | 没有最后期限 |
[09:37] | I want to see work as you think of it. | 我要看到你们理想的作品 |
[09:38] | Give me more ideas to reject. | 给我更多的创意 让我来否决 |
[09:41] | I can’t do this all by myself. | 仅靠我一人之力根本无法做到 |
[09:53] | I’m telling you it’s bad for me. | 我跟你说 这对我有害 |
[09:55] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[10:04] | And cut! | 关机 |
[10:07] | Well, I think we’ve finally got it. | 行了 我们终于成功了 |
[10:09] | I told you– | 我和你说过 |
[10:10] | You had it the first time if that’s what you want. | 如果你要的就是这个效果 拍第一遍时就有了 |
[10:12] | And I told you I want what you want. | 我也告诉过你 你想要的效果就是我所追求的目标 |
[10:15] | – Where is he supposed to be looking? – Onto the horizon. | -他到底在看什么 -地平线的尽头 |
[10:18] | We want people to focus on the Lucky. | 我们希望观众们的注意力集中在香烟上 |
[10:22] | This is what your father signed off on. | 这是你父亲想要的 |
[10:25] | – Let me see it again. – Nathaniel, again, please. | -让我再看一次 -纳撒尼尔 请再来一次 |
[10:28] | Watch through the camera. | 透过镜头看 |
[10:30] | That’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[10:35] | Action. | 开始 |
[10:46] | I just don’t know what he’s looking at. | 我就是不明白他在看什么 |
[10:48] | I want him staring right at us at the end. | 我希望最后他能看着我们 |
[10:52] | There’s a style for the draw on these spots, | 这些镜头是特殊设计过的 |
[10:57] | And it’s stop, inhale, thousand-Yard stare. | 停下 深吸一口香烟 再眺望远方 |
[11:01] | Tell me what you think. | 告诉我你是怎么想的 |
[11:06] | I think you’re the client and we should do what you want. | 我认为你是客户 我们应该按你的要求做 |
[11:09] | It can make people very uncomfortable. | 这样会让观众觉得很不舒服 |
[11:12] | Walter Cronkite does it every night. | 沃尔特·克朗凯特每天晚上都这样[CBS名主持人] |
[11:13] | Now let’s take a risk together, shall we, Sally? | 我们一起冒一次险吧 可以吗 萨尔 |
[11:16] | Going again. | 重来 |
[11:18] | This time, Nathaniel, on the draw look right in the lens. | 纳撒尼尔 这次直视镜头 |
[11:43] | We have to get a pencil case. | 我们要买个铅笔盒 |
[11:46] | What’s wrong with your pencil box? | 你的旧铅笔盒坏了吗 |
[11:49] | How was the first day? | 第一天怎么样 |
[11:51] | I wish I could’ve found the camera | 我真希望手里有台相机 |
[11:54] | Just so we could see the difference on your face | 就能记录下你们脸上的变化 |
[11:56] | From when you left this morning to when I picked you up. | 早上离家时和接你们回家时完全不同 |
[12:00] | – So you like your teacher? – She’s okay. | -喜欢你们的老师吗 -还行 |
[12:03] | It’s Mrs. Patton. All they do is draw. | 是派顿太太 一整天都让他们画画 |
[12:07] | – Is this today’s mail? – Uh-Huh. | -这是今天的信吗 -是的 |
[12:13] | – I’ll get him. – Would you? | -我去看看他 -行 |
[12:46] | You’re so quiet. You must be tired. | 你很沉默嘛 一定累了吧 |
[12:49] | I’m not tired. | 我不累 |
[12:51] | I really want a pencil case to put in my loose-leaf. | 我真的需要一个铅笔盒来放零散的东西 |
[12:54] | We’ll see. | 再说吧 |
[13:02] | Cut. | 关 |
[13:04] | – So it’s a rhythm? – That’s true. | -这是背景音吗 -是的 |
[13:07] | Obviously it’ll sound better with the announcer’s voice. | 要是是播音员的声音就好了 |
[13:09] | It sounded like you had half of a pastrami in your mouth. | 这声音听上去像嘴里含了半块熏肉 |
[13:11] | It’s a scratch track. | 只是临时音轨 |
[13:12] | I didn’t know you were going to show it to the client. | 我不知道你会给客户听 |
[13:15] | I know I’m supposed to stay away till the screening, | 我知道在广告播出前我不该参与的 |
[13:16] | But I am fascinated by this process. | 但我对这个过程太感兴趣了 |
[13:19] | Oh, you’re thinking about getting out of cigarettes | 你难道有意脱离烟草业 |
[13:20] | and into the movies? | 转而进军电影圈吗 |
[13:21] | Not while my father’s alive. | 除非我父亲死了 |
[13:24] | Well, if we rerecord the sound tonight, | 如果我们今晚录好配音 |
[13:26] | We can probably finish this. | 很快就可以大功告成了 |
[13:28] | I heard you the first time. | 你已经说过一遍了 |
[13:30] | I’ll be in the booth. | 我去一下放映棚 |
[13:38] | I’d appreciate it if you’d… | 我希望你能忘记 |
[13:40] | Forget all that nonsense I was saying before. | 我刚才的胡言乱语 |
[13:44] | What are you talking about? | 你指什么 |
[13:45] | The movies, my father. | 电影 我父亲 |
[13:49] | Forgotten. | 我已经忘了 |
[13:51] | Sorry, but I had a long, wet lunch. | 不好意思 我的午餐吃了很久 喝了很多酒 |
[13:55] | Oh, really? Too much to drink? | 是吗 喝的太多了吗 |
[13:58] | And other things. | 还有别的事情 |
[14:00] | Secretaries nowadays, they don’t give you choice. | 现在的秘书们 你根本没有选择的余地 |
[14:03] | You know what I mean? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[14:06] | I don’t have a secretary. | 我没有秘书 |
[14:07] | How’d my shot turn out? | 我指导的那个镜头 拍摄效果如何 |
[14:09] | I’m not sure. | 我也不确定 |
[14:10] | I think it’s gonna feel strange. | 我觉得这会让人感觉很奇怪 |
[14:11] | Lucky Strike has a way of doing things. | 幸福时光一直有着自己的风格 |
[14:14] | Look at this. | 看这里 |
[14:18] | Hmm. Yeah, see? | 看到了吗 |
[14:21] | I don’t think that’s so bad. | 我觉得还不错 |
[14:31] | Come on. He’s not coming back for a while. | 没事的 他一时半刻不会回来 |
[14:37] | I’ll lock the door. | 我会把门锁上 |
[14:40] | I’m married. | 我结婚了 |
[14:41] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[14:44] | There’s been a misunderstanding. | 这一定有什么误会 |
[14:47] | I know what I know. | 我相信自己的感觉 |
[14:57] | Jerry should have the tracks done. | 杰瑞应该弄好音轨了 |
[14:59] | You can see the whole thing tomorrow or when it’s done. | 你明天可以看到成品 或者等到正式播出时 |
[15:03] | I’ll probably be busy tomorrow. | 我明天估计会很忙 |
[15:08] | I’ve got it. You’re at work. | 我明白了 你在工作 |
[15:12] | That’s too bad. | 真扫兴 |
[15:39] | “Henry, I’m so pleased there’s a place that I can write to. | “亨利 我真高兴还有个人能听我倾诉 |
[15:43] | The children are finally back in school now | 孩子们终于回到学校了 |
[15:46] | And I must admit that I like the idea | 我必须承认我很喜欢 |
[15:48] | of looking forward to the mail’s arrival every day. | 每天等待来信的感觉 |
[15:51] | Well, not every day. Ha ha. | 当然 并不是每一天 哈哈 |
[15:55] | I don’t write many letters anymore, | 我不常写信 |
[15:57] | So I apologize in advance | 所以我想先提前道歉 |
[15:58] | If I’m unable to accurately express my thoughts. | 因为我怕自己不能准确表达内心的想法 |
[16:01] | But I do have thoughts, | 不过我确实有很多的想法 |
[16:04] | And I suppose I wonder too much | 我真的很想知道 |
[16:05] | Where you are and what you’re doing. | 你此刻身在何方 在做何事 |
[16:11] | We’ve only met three times, you know that? | 你能想象吗 我们只见过三次 |
[16:12] | Isn’t that strange? | 这真是太奇妙了 |
[16:16] | I wish I had a clearer picture of you in my mind. | 我希望我能清晰地记住你的样子 |
[16:20] | Anyway, that’s all I have to report. | 好了 我的话讲完了 |
[16:22] | I hope to hear from you. B.” | 盼回复 贝蒂” |
[16:38] | – Don’t touch it. – I’ve seen this one. | -别动 -我看过这个 |
[16:40] | – It whitens. – It’s not about what you want to watch. | -有好多雪花点 -这不是为了看电视节目 |
[16:43] | I have to make sure they run every commercial. | 我必须要确保他们播出了所有的广告 |
[16:48] | My mother-In-Law says I look like Perry Mason. | 我岳母说我长得像佩瑞·梅森[电视剧男主角] |
[16:52] | It’s not a compliment. It means she thinks you’re fat. | 这不是赞美 她是觉得你很胖 |
[16:58] | – Crane. – Harry, | -克雷恩 -哈里 |
[17:00] | it’s Lee Garner. | 我是李·加勒 |
[17:02] | I knew you’d still be there. | 我知道你还在办公室 |
[17:05] | – You work hard, don’t you? – For you? You bet. | -你很尽职 -因为是为你工作嘛 当然了 |
[17:08] | Look, I don’t want to keep you, | 我不想打扰你工作 |
[17:09] | But I have a bit of a problem. | 不过我有个小问题 |
[17:13] | What’s wrong? | 什么事 |
[17:14] | It’s that Salvatore fella, the director. | 塞尔瓦托 那个导演 |
[17:19] | He’s no good. I’d like him gone. | 他不行 我想让他走人 |
[17:22] | Oh. What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[17:24] | I can’t work with him. Get rid of him. | 我不能跟他共事 辞掉他 |
[17:27] | – Well, I can’t do that. – Excuse me? | -我不能这么做 -什么 |
[17:31] | No, I’m not– Really, I can’t. | 不是 我是真的做不到 |
[17:34] | Pete and Roger handle your account. | 你的业务由皮特和罗杰负责 |
[17:36] | No no. No no no, harry. | 不 哈里 我不是这个意思 |
[17:38] | I want you to take care of this | 我希望由你来处理此事 |
[17:41] | And I want you to keep it just between us. | 我希望这件事就我们两个知道 |
[17:45] | Crane, are you there? | 克雷恩 你还在吗 |
[17:49] | Listen, Lee. | 李 听我说 |
[17:50] | I hope you know the commercial’s turning out beautiful. | 我希望你知道这条广告一定会非常出色 |
[17:53] | You really have an eye, you know. | 你很有眼光 |
[17:54] | I do, do I? | 当然了 是吧 |
[17:56] | Are you enjoying the city? | 你在城里还愉快吗 |
[17:58] | I am. Plenty to do. | 很好 很多事可以干 |
[18:02] | Well, you have a good night. I should get back to work. | 祝你有个美好的夜晚 我得回去工作了 |
[18:05] | Sorry to trouble you. | 抱歉打扰你 |
[18:07] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[18:11] | – What was that? – You don’t want to know. | -他说了什么 -你不会想知道的 |
[18:14] | I think I do. | 我想知道 |
[18:16] | I can’t tell you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[18:18] | Now I really do. | 那我就更想知道了 |
[18:22] | Lee Garner Jr. asked me to get rid of Sal. | 小李·加勒让我开掉萨尔 |
[18:25] | – What did he do? – I didn’t ask. | -他做了什么 -我没问 |
[18:27] | He was drunk as a skunk and he’s scary to begin with. | 他醉的一塌糊涂 根本无从谈起 |
[18:29] | What are you gonna do, call Campbell? | 你打算怎么做 打电话给坎贝尔吗 |
[18:31] | That’s the other thing. He said to keep it between us. | 但问题是 他希望我保密 |
[18:34] | What are you gonna do? | 那你怎么办 |
[18:37] | I’m not gonna panic and do something stupid like I usually do. | 我不会惊慌失措 像以前那样做出蠢事 |
[18:40] | That’s a good start. | 这是个好开始 |
[18:42] | I can’t really do anything, can I? | 我确实什么都不能做 对吧 |
[18:44] | He was really drunk. | 他真的喝多了 |
[18:46] | The show’s on. | 节目开始了 |
[18:48] | Great, I missed all the commercials. | 太好了 我错过了所有的广告 |
[19:05] | – Hello? – Don, it’s conrad hilton. | -喂 -唐 我是康纳德·希尔顿 |
[19:08] | – Is it? – Now don’t be like that. | -是吗 -别这样 |
[19:12] | I know it’s a privilege to call you at home. | 我知道允许我打到你家里算是特殊待遇了 |
[19:15] | I don’t think I’ve worn it out. | 我也没太过分 |
[19:17] | It’s 11:30pm. | 现在才晚上十一点半 |
[19:21] | It’s not a problem, Connie. | 没关系 康尼 |
[19:22] | Can you come have a drink with me? | 你能过来陪我喝一杯吗 |
[19:25] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[19:26] | You can say no. I’ve heard it before. | 你可以拒绝 刚刚已经有人拒绝过我了 |
[19:30] | And for all you know, you’re not the first person I asked. | 我想告诉你 你并不是我第一个邀请的人 |
[19:34] | I’ll be there. | 我会去的 |
[19:36] | Give me an hour. | 给我一小时 |
[19:41] | Hello? | 喂 |
[19:46] | So what is that, moonshine? | 这是什么 月光威士忌吗 |
[19:47] | No, but it is from prohibition. | 不 但这是禁酒令时期酿造的 |
[19:50] | I have two cases and they both say “Hair tonic” on the side. | 我有两箱这种酒 箱外都写着”护发素” |
[20:10] | I remember this. | 我想起来了 |
[20:15] | I think you know I’m in a bit of a crisis tonight. | 我想你很清楚我今晚有点困惑 |
[20:19] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[20:21] | I think about my business day and night | 我日日夜夜地挂念着我的生意 |
[20:25] | And I’m a harsh critic, Especially of myself. | 我是一个严历的批评家 尤其是对自己 |
[20:30] | And sometimes it collects And I feel bad. | 有时候各种思绪纠缠到一起 我就会感觉很糟糕 |
[20:37] | And then I realize | 然后我意识到 |
[20:40] | Maybe that’s the reason I’m so lonesome. | 这可能就是我倍感孤独的原因 |
[20:44] | You might be working too much. | 你可能工作的太多了 |
[20:46] | I’m not working enough. | 我工作的还不够 |
[20:51] | It’s my purpose in life | 我的人生目标 |
[20:54] | To bring America to the world, | 就是要把美国带向全世界 |
[20:58] | Whether they like it or not. | 不管他们喜不喜欢 |
[21:02] | You know, we are a force of good, Don, | 唐 我们是一种善的力量 |
[21:07] | Because we have God. | 因为我们拥有上帝 |
[21:10] | The communists don’t. | 共产党们没有 |
[21:12] | It’s their most important belief. Did you know that? | 这是他们最重要的信仰 你知道吗 |
[21:18] | I’m not an expert. | 我不是这方面的专家 |
[21:20] | Generosity. | 慷慨 |
[21:23] | The marshall plan– You remember that. | 马歇尔计划 你还记得吗 |
[21:27] | Everyone who saw our ways | 所有人看到我们的发展道路以后 |
[21:30] | Wanted to be us. | 都想变得跟我们一样 |
[21:35] | I’m glad you’re telling me this. | 很高兴你告诉我这些 |
[21:40] | After all the things we threw at Khrushchev, | 我们对赫鲁晓夫软硬兼施 手段用尽 |
[21:42] | You know what made him fall apart? | 但你知道最让他崩溃的是什么吗 |
[21:45] | He couldn’t get into Disneyland. | 他无法进入迪斯尼乐园 |
[21:52] | That’s good. | 很有意思 |
[21:54] | You never heard that? | 你没听过这笑话吗 |
[21:56] | Well, I did, but when I hear you say it sounds beautiful. | 我听过 但是听你说起来的时候觉得很美妙 |
[22:02] | I don’t want any politics in my campaign. | 我不希望我的广告里含有任何政治因素 |
[22:06] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[22:09] | But there should be goodness | 我的广告中应该蕴含善良美德 |
[22:14] | And… confidence. | 和信任感 |
[22:21] | Thanks for listening to me, Don. | 唐 谢谢你的聆听 |
[22:25] | You know, sometimes I look around here, | 有时候 我看看周围 |
[22:30] | And I think | 然后会觉得 |
[22:32] | “By Golly, I’m king Midas.” | “天啊 我是迈达斯国王” |
[22:38] | Stop it. | 别这样 |
[22:41] | You’re not. | 你不是 |
[22:47] | You’re my angel, you know that? | 你知道吗 你是我的天使 |
[22:50] | You’re like a son. | 就像我的儿子 |
[22:53] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[22:56] | Sometimes you’re more than a son to me, | 有时候 你对我而言比儿子还重要 |
[23:00] | Because you didn’t have what they had | 因为他们所拥有的东西 你并没有 |
[23:06] | And you understand. | 但你理解 |
[23:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:18] | I mean it. | 我认真的 |
[23:41] | Come in, come in, come in. | 进来 快进来 |
[23:45] | I drove all the way down to get the mail, | 我开了很远的车来拿信 |
[23:47] | And then I turned around and I debated it. | 然后就在这里兜圈 思考该不该进来 |
[23:49] | I went past the exit a dozen times. | 在出口来来回回了十几次 |
[23:51] | My girl is due back. | 我女儿快回来了 |
[23:53] | I know I shouldn’t be here. | 我知道我不应该在这 |
[23:58] | It’s just I wanted to see you. | 我只是想见见你 |
[24:02] | I wasn’t thinking. | 我没想那么多 |
[24:06] | What do I say? Why are you here? | 我怎么说的 你怎么会来这儿 |
[24:09] | Oh, There you are. | 你在家啊 |
[24:10] | Carla, This is Henry Francis. | 卡拉 这位是亨利·弗朗西斯 |
[24:12] | – He works for governor Rockefeller. – It’s nice to meet you. | -他为洛克菲勒州长做事 -见到你很高兴 |
[24:17] | So anyway, I, uh– | 所以不管怎么说 我 |
[24:19] | I think this is an excellent venue for a fundraiser. | 我觉得这是办筹资活动的好地方 |
[24:22] | Oh. Good. | 哦 好的 |
[24:25] | – I’ll have to check with my husband. – Of course. | -我要问问我丈夫 -当然 |
[24:29] | Carla, will you show Mr. Francis out? | 卡拉 你能送弗朗西斯先生出去吗 |
[24:31] | I think I left the bath running. | 我好像忘记关淋浴了 |
[24:34] | A pleasure to meet you. | 见到您很荣幸 |
[24:36] | You as well | 我也是 |
[24:56] | I– I can’t get this. Lucy, do you mind? | 我弄不好这个 露西 你能代劳吗 |
[25:08] | Jesus. Knock it off. | 天啊 别敲啦 |
[25:10] | It’s a lucky strike commercial. | 这可是幸福时光香烟的广告 |
[25:12] | It’s got three cuts in it. | 有三段呢 |
[25:13] | So the hillbilly says, “That ain’t my finger.” | 所以那个乡巴佬说”那不是我的手指” |
[25:18] | I’m gonna have to hear the beginning of that joke. | 我可要从头听听那笑话 |
[25:24] | Lee? | 李 |
[25:26] | Lee! | 李 |
[25:31] | – What’s going on? – I– I have no idea. | -怎么了 -我 我不知道 |
[25:34] | Does someone know what’s going on? Speak up. | 有人知道出什么事了吗 说话 |
[25:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:39] | Lee Garner Jr. called me a couple of days ago. | 小李·加勒前几天给我打电话了 |
[25:42] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:43] | Why is he calling you? | 他为什么给你打电话 |
[25:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:46] | He did and he told me to get rid of Sal. | 他给我打了 还叫我开除萨尔 |
[25:47] | What? | 什么 |
[25:48] | And you made an executive decision to do nothing? | 然后你决定什么也不做吗 |
[25:51] | He was really drunk. I thought it would blow over. | 他说的是醉话 我以为这事过了就算了 |
[25:53] | I didn’t even think he’d remember. | 根本没想到他还会记得 |
[25:54] | When you get in trouble, you call mommy and daddy. | 遇到麻烦的时候 要去找领导商量解决 |
[25:57] | He told me not to tell you, so what was I supposed to do? | 他让我别告诉你 我能怎么办 |
[25:59] | Everyone’s an account man. | 每个人都是业务员 |
[26:00] | What exactly do you think we do here, Crane? | 你以为我们是干什么的 克雷恩 |
[26:03] | We handle clients. | 我们控制住客户 |
[26:05] | He wouldn’t say a word. He just left. | 他什么也没说就走了 |
[26:08] | Sal, You’re fired. | 萨尔 你被解雇了 |
[26:10] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[26:11] | Lee Garner Jr. wants you fired. | 小李·加勒想让你走 |
[26:17] | We’re gonna find out | 我们待会儿再看 |
[26:18] | what he wants to do with you, imbecile. | 他想怎么处置你 白痴 |
[26:20] | Oh god. | 天啊 |
[26:21] | What the hell happened? | 到底发生什么事了 |
[26:24] | What is going on? | 这怎么回事 |
[26:26] | Now you’re gonna use your dying breath | 你现在用最后一口气 |
[26:28] | to tell Don to fix this. | 去叫唐来处理这事 |
[26:30] | Don? | 唐 |
[26:31] | Lee Garner has a problem with creative | 李·加勒对创意有意见 |
[26:33] | Let Don solve it. He does it all now anyway. | 让唐来处理 反正现在都由他负责 |
[26:36] | Now! | 现在就去 |
[26:40] | What did Lee say to you? | 李怎么跟你说的 |
[26:41] | Nothing. I have to talk to Don. | 没什么 我得和唐谈谈 |
[26:43] | – Let me talk to Don. – I’m doing as I’m told. | -让我和唐说吧 -我在按吩咐办事 |
[26:46] | Is he busy? | 他在忙吗 |
[26:47] | I can see you and I can hear you. | 我看到你了 也能听到你说话 |
[26:49] | What do you want? | 找我何事 |
[26:55] | Who died? | 谁死了 |
[26:56] | I… screwed up with Lee Garner Jr. | 我把小李·加勒的广告案搞砸了 |
[26:59] | – What? – How do I explain this? | -什么 -让我怎么解释呢 |
[27:02] | – He told Harry to fire me. – Harry? | -他让哈里解雇我 -哈里 |
[27:05] | I didn’t, but now Roger did. | 我没做 但现在罗杰做了 |
[27:07] | – Roger did what? – He fired me. | -罗杰做什么了 -他解雇了我 |
[27:10] | Roger said to tell you to fix it. | 罗杰说让你来处理这事 |
[27:11] | Those are his words. | 这是他的原话 |
[27:13] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[27:16] | That’s a $25 million account | 这是个2500万的大客户 |
[27:17] | you stuck your nose in, Crane. | 你削尖了脑袋要参加的 克雷恩 |
[27:22] | Just get out. | 出去吧 |
[27:30] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[27:31] | Lee Garner got drunk and he told Harry to fire me. | 李·加勒喝多了 发酒疯让哈里解雇我 |
[27:36] | Then Roger got angry and he did. | 然后罗杰生气了 就把我开了 |
[27:38] | I think if I get away from lucky strike | 我想如果我放弃幸福时光香烟项目 |
[27:39] | and lay low from Roger for a day or two, | 然后躲着罗杰几天 |
[27:41] | everything will be fine. | 就会万事大吉了 |
[27:42] | I understand what just happened. | 我理清刚刚发生的事了 |
[27:43] | What happened with the cut? | 在摄影棚发生什么事了 |
[27:44] | Oh, the commercial’s fine. | 那广告拍得很不错 |
[27:47] | Sal, something must have happened. | 萨尔 肯定发生了什么事 |
[27:49] | I can’t help you unless you tell me. | 要是你不告诉我 我可帮不了你 |
[27:51] | We… had a misunderstanding. | 我们 有点误会 |
[27:54] | Jesus. I’m not gonna ask again. | 上帝啊 我不想再问第二次 |
[28:02] | He was drunk | 他喝多了 |
[28:04] | and he cornered me in the editing room. | 然后把我堵在了编辑室 |
[28:09] | – Cornered you? – Yes. | -堵你 -是的 |
[28:11] | And I backed him off, | 但是我把他推开了 |
[28:14] | I told him I was married. | 我告诉他我已经结婚了 |
[28:15] | He was embarrassed and he left. | 他觉得很尴尬 就走了 |
[28:21] | You must’ve been really shocked. | 你肯定很震惊吧 |
[28:23] | I was, believe me. | 当然了 相信我 |
[28:25] | But nothing happened | 但是什么都没发生 |
[28:28] | Because nothing could’ve happened, because you’re married. | 因为你是个已婚男人 所以什么都不可能发生 |
[28:33] | Don, I swear on my mother’s life. | 唐 我以我母亲的生命发誓 |
[28:35] | Are you sure you want to do that? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[28:41] | Who do you think you’re talking to? | 你觉得你在跟谁说话 |
[28:45] | I guess I was just supposed to do whatever he wanted? | 难道我该让他为所欲为吗 |
[28:48] | What– What if it was some girl? | 如果是个女孩遇到这情况呢 |
[28:49] | That would depend on what kind of girl it was | 那要看是哪种女孩了 |
[28:51] | and what I knew about her. | 还有我对她了解多少 |
[28:56] | You people. | 你们这些人 |
[29:01] | I didn’t do anything but turn him down. | 我什么也没做 仅仅是拒绝了他 |
[29:06] | He’s a bully. | 他是个恶棍 |
[29:08] | Lucky strike can shut off our lights. | 幸福时光香烟可能会断了我们的财路 |
[29:20] | I think you know that this is the way this has to be. | 我想你知道这件事只能这么办 |
[29:32] | You’ll do fine. | 你会挺过去的 |
[29:49] | Get me to Lee Garner Jr. | 给我拨小李·加勒的电话 |
[29:58] | I said I don’t want salad. | 我说过我不想要沙拉 |
[30:00] | Watch your tone, young man. | 注意你说话的语气 年轻人 |
[30:02] | Carla works for me, not you. | 卡拉为我工作 不是你 |
[30:05] | What do you want instead? | 那你想要什么 |
[30:06] | You might as well call it a day. | 你今天就做到这吧 |
[30:09] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[30:15] | – Hi, daddy. – Hi. | -你好啊 爸爸 -你好 |
[30:19] | How was your day? | 过的怎么样 |
[30:23] | Not good. | 不怎么样 |
[30:28] | I didn’t want to bother you with it, | 我本不想为这事烦你 |
[30:30] | But that man dropped by today from the governor’s office. | 但今天有个政府办公室的人来了 |
[30:32] | Carla met him. | 卡拉见到他了 |
[30:37] | Francine sent him over here. | 弗朗辛把他支过来的 |
[30:39] | They want to have a fundraiser, | 他们想办个筹资集会 |
[30:41] | but her house isn’t big enough. | 但是她的房子不够大 |
[30:44] | I don’t care, as long as I don’t have to go. | 我不介意 只要别让我出去就行 |
[30:45] | – When is it? – Well, I should be going. | -什么时候 -我该走了 |
[30:50] | Soon. Next week, I think. | 很快 我想下礼拜吧 |
[30:53] | A fundraiser for Rockefeller. | 为洛克菲勒办的筹资活动 |
[30:55] | For the campaign. | 为了竞选 |
[30:59] | I’m gonna go lay down. | 我要去躺一会 |
[31:00] | – Good night, Carla – Good night. | -晚安 卡拉 -晚安 |
[31:03] | Good night, children. | 晚安 孩子们 |
[31:04] | – Good night. – Bye. | -晚安 -拜 |
[31:07] | Good night, Mrs. Draper. | 德雷柏夫人 晚安 |
[31:20] | If you’re here, do I have to be here? | 你在这儿工作的话 我也需要留下来吗 |
[31:23] | Because I’m leaving. | 因为我要走了 |
[31:25] | No, go ahead. | 不用了 走吧 |
[31:27] | Good night, boss. | 晚安 老板 |
[31:41] | – Henry Francis. – Hello. | -亨利·弗朗西斯 -你好 |
[31:44] | I thought I’d get the service. | 我以为会是接线员接电话 |
[31:46] | This is Betty… Draper. | 我是贝蒂·德雷柏 |
[31:49] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[31:50] | Listen, I shouldn’t have come by like that. | 听着 我知道我不应该就那样过去 |
[31:53] | I hope I’m not calling too late. | 我希望我打的还不迟 |
[31:55] | No, you’re not. | 不 不迟 |
[31:56] | I checked with my husband about the fundraiser. | 我问过我丈夫关于筹资活动的事了 |
[32:00] | The fundraiser? | 筹资活动 |
[32:01] | Yes, we’d be glad to do that. | 是啊 我们很乐意承办 |
[32:04] | How’s Tuesday the 17th? | 礼拜二怎么样 十七号 |
[32:05] | Can you make it then? Is that good for you? | 能定在那天吗 那天你有空吗 |
[32:08] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[32:10] | I guess you’re going through with this. | 我想你正在想办法应付此事 |
[32:13] | I had to. | 我别无选择 |
[32:16] | I’ll have my girl call you tomorrow to make it official. | 我让秘书明天打给你 把这事正式定下来 |
[32:19] | I look forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[32:21] | Let me know what’s usually provided by the host. | 告诉我主办人一般要提供什么 |
[32:24] | Sure. | 当然 |
[32:26] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[32:29] | Good night, Betty | 晚安 贝蒂 |
[32:36] | Rome, Tehran, Tokyo are magnificent destinations | 罗马 德黑兰 东京都是重要目的地 |
[32:42] | And that’s really been the focus | 而且也差不多是目前为止 |
[32:44] | of almost every campaign you’ve had up till now | 你所有广告的重点 |
[32:47] | How to lure the American traveler abroad. | 怎么把美国游客吸引出国 |
[32:50] | What more do we need than a picture of Athens | 除了一张雅典的图片 |
[32:52] | to get our hearts racing? | 还需要什么来让我们心潮澎湃呢 |
[32:54] | And yet, | 目前 |
[32:55] | the average American experiences a level of luxury | 普通的美国人的生活水平 |
[32:58] | That belongs only to kings in most of the world. | 在世界大部分地方 只有王室才能达到 |
[33:03] | We’re not chauvinists. | 我们不是盲目的爱国主义者 |
[33:05] | We just have expectations. | 我们只是有所期待而已 |
[33:08] | Well, now there’s one word | 现在 有一个单词可以承诺 |
[33:11] | that promises the thrill of international travel | 在提供美妙的国际旅行的同时 |
[33:14] | with the comfort of home: | 给你家庭般的舒适 |
[33:17] | “Hilton.” | “希尔顿” |
[33:21] | How do you say ice water in Italian? | 意大利语里冰水怎么说 |
[33:24] | “Hilton.” | “希尔顿” |
[33:26] | How do you say fresh towels in Farsi? | 波斯语里干净毛巾怎么说 |
[33:30] | “Hilton.” | “希尔顿” |
[33:32] | “How do you say hamburger in Japanese? | 日语的汉堡包怎么说 |
[33:36] | “Hilton.” | “希尔顿” |
[33:40] | “Hilton.” | “希尔顿” |
[33:42] | It’s the same in every language. | 这个词可以用在所有语言当中 |
[33:46] | Maybe fried chicken. | 不如用炸鸡 |
[33:48] | I don’t like the sound of “hamburger” and “Hilton”. | 我不喜欢”汉堡”和”希尔顿”的发音 |
[33:51] | Besides, “hamburger” is already a foreign word. | 另外 “汉堡”本身就是外来词[源自德语词] |
[33:54] | We’ll see. | 了解 |
[34:04] | It’s good. | 不错 |
[34:07] | Very good. | 很好 |
[34:09] | It’s clever, yet friendly. | 聪明 友好 |
[34:11] | It draws you in. | 吸引人 |
[34:14] | But what about the moon? | 但月亮呢 |
[34:17] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[34:18] | There’s nothing about the moon. | 广告中没提到月亮 |
[34:20] | Well, right now, that’s not an actual destination. | 现在 月球还无法成为实际可达的目的地 |
[34:22] | That wasn’t the point. | 这不是重点 |
[34:24] | I said I wanted Hilton on the moon. | 我说过要在月球上建希尔顿 |
[34:26] | I couldn’t have been more clear about it. | 我已经说得很清楚了 |
[34:31] | I’ll admit I misunderstood that. | 我承认我理解有误 |
[34:34] | I’m sure there’s a way to fit that into this. | 我想可以把这个想法融入到这个广告之中 |
[34:41] | Well, isn’t this something? | 已经很了不起了 不是吗 |
[34:47] | I’d like to speak with Don in private. | 我要单独和唐谈谈 |
[35:05] | This is a good campaign– one of the best. | 这个广告很好 是最棒的一个 |
[35:08] | It’s modern, it’s witty, it’s eye-catching. | 很现代 明智 吸人眼球 |
[35:10] | – It will change your business. – Calm down. | -会让你的生意焕然一新 -别激动 |
[35:14] | I’m going to speak very honestly with you. | 我跟你实话实说吧 |
[35:16] | I don’t think folks do that often. | 我觉得对你说实话的人应该不多 |
[35:19] | Probably scared. | 可能是因为害怕 |
[35:21] | Or they trust my work. | 也可能是因为他们相信我的工作 |
[35:22] | You want me to just say yes to everything you do? | 你想让我赞同你的一切做法吗 |
[35:26] | Most ad men believe that clients | 绝大多数广告人都认为 |
[35:27] | Are the thing that gets in the way of good work. | 客户会影响优秀广告作品的诞生 |
[35:30] | I’ve never experienced that. | 我从来没遇到过这种事 |
[35:34] | You did not give me what I wanted. | 你没有如我所愿 |
[35:38] | I’m deeply disappointed, Don. | 我很失望 唐 |
[35:43] | This is a great campaign. | 这个广告真的很棒 |
[35:45] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[35:48] | What do you want from me? Love? | 你要我给你什么 爱吗 |
[35:50] | Your work is good. | 你的作品很不错 |
[35:57] | But when I say I want the moon, | 但当我说要月亮 |
[36:00] | I expect the moon. | 就要月亮 |
[36:11] | I said if he ran, I’d support him. | 我说过如果他参加竞选 我会支持他 |
[36:14] | I haven’t decided yet. | 我还没决定 |
[36:16] | I voted for Kennedy. | 我投了肯尼迪 |
[36:17] | I’ll probably vote for him again. | 我可能会再投他 |
[36:21] | What a nice turnout. | 你穿得真漂亮 |
[36:24] | Where’s Henry Francis? | 亨利·弗朗西斯在哪儿 |
[36:25] | I don’t know. Someone’s supposed to talk. | 不知道 该有人站上去讲话才对 |
[36:28] | I don’t know anything about Rockefeller. | 我完全不了解洛克菲勒 |
[36:30] | That’s why I did this. | 所以我请他来 |
[36:31] | Well, I want to know how he’s going to deal with the south. | 我想知道他要怎么处理南方的状况 |
[36:34] | Do you know how bad it must be for the Negroes | 你知道如果像传言所说 |
[36:36] | to descend on washington like that just to be heard? | 黑人将聚集到华盛顿地区 这会有多糟糕吗 |
[36:39] | Segregation is uncivilized. It’s that simple. | 种族隔离是野蛮的 就这么简单 |
[36:42] | You know what my father says about the south? | 知道我爸爸怎么说南方的情况吗 |
[36:44] | It’s not 1963, it’s 1863. | 不像1963 而是还处在1863年 |
[36:49] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:50] | Uh, Mrs. Draper, I’m Elsa Kittridge. | 德雷柏太太 我是艾萨·凯特里奇 |
[36:52] | I work with Mr. Francis. | 弗朗西斯先生的同事 |
[36:54] | Pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[36:55] | I assume he’s been delayed. | 我想他一定是有事耽误了 |
[36:56] | Actually he asked that I | 事实上他叫我来 |
[36:58] | Address the group on behalf of the governor. | 代表州长出席今天的活动 |
[37:02] | That’s disappointing. | 真让人失望 |
[37:05] | I mean, I don’t think it’s going to help your fundraising | 我是说 这样言行不一 |
[37:07] | When you promise one thing and deliver another. | 可能不利于你们筹集资金 |
[37:09] | Well, perhaps you’re right, | 也许是这样 |
[37:11] | But he seemed to think I was a better match to the group. | 但他觉得我出席更合适 |
[37:14] | And I am extremely informed. | 我做了充分准备 |
[37:16] | In fact, I’m the person who briefs Mr. Francis. | 实际上 我就是为弗朗西斯先生汇报情况的人 |
[37:22] | I think you’ll see I won’t embarrass you in front of your friends. | 你会看到 我不会让你在朋友面前出丑 |
[37:27] | Please, begin whenever you want. | 那请随时开始 |
[37:29] | Oh no, you begin, dear. | 不 你先说 亲爱的 |
[37:38] | Excuse me, my name is Betty Draper. | 打扰一下 我是贝蒂·德雷柏 |
[37:41] | Welcome to my home. We’re going to listen to– | 欢迎各位 下面有请… |
[37:44] | Elsa Kittridge, associate in the governor’s information office. | 州长新闻办助理艾萨·凯特里奇 |
[37:51] | First I would like to dispel the rumor | 首先我要澄清一下 |
[37:53] | that there is a mandatory contribution tonight. | 今晚的捐赠并非强制的 |
[37:56] | This is a taking of a pulse, an exchange of ideas. | 是一种号召 大家可以交换意见 |
[38:18] | Please see that we’re not disturbed. | 请不要让人打扰我们 |
[38:32] | Mr. Francis, do you need anything? | 弗朗西斯先生 需要帮忙吗 |
[38:35] | No, Marjorie, I dropped something. | 不用 马乔丽 是我掉了东西 |
[38:38] | – Where were you last night? – Calm down. | -你昨晚在哪儿 -冷静下 |
[38:41] | Why didn’t you come? | 你为什么不来 |
[38:42] | Why did you send that– that woman? | 为什么派那 那个女人来 |
[38:46] | I watched the door all night like a sap. | 我整晚地对着门发呆 |
[38:48] | I’m sorry, but I wanted you to come to me. | 对不起 我是想你来找我 |
[38:52] | Oh, the ego! | 真自负 |
[38:53] | Would you listen to me? You had to come to me. | 听我说好吗 必须是你来找我 |
[38:57] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[39:00] | Because you’re married. | 因为你结婚了 |
[39:30] | No, Henry. | 不 亨利 |
[39:33] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[39:35] | Please. We’re locked in this office. | 请不要 我们被锁在办公室呢 |
[39:41] | What? On the desk? On the couch? | 在哪儿 桌上 沙发上吗 |
[39:45] | – We should get a room somewhere. – No. | -我们找间房 -不 |
[39:50] | It’s tawdry. | 很低俗下流 |
[39:54] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:58] | I’m very sorry I started this. | 我很抱歉我引起了这一切 |
[40:07] | I don’t know what you want. | 我不知道你要什么 |
[40:17] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[40:27] | Mr. Sterling’s here to see you. | 斯特林先生找您 |
[40:30] | Send him in. | 请他进来 |
[40:34] | I heard Conrad Hilton left this building in a huff yesterday. | 我听说昨天康纳德·希尔顿被气走了 |
[40:37] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[40:39] | You’ve got your face so deep in Hilton’s lap, | 你整天围着希尔顿转 |
[40:41] | You’re ignoring everything else. | 而无视其他一切 |
[40:43] | Everything’s under control. | 一切都井井有条 |
[40:44] | You won’t even let me meet the man. | 你甚至不让我见他 |
[40:46] | What do you think accounts does, | 你觉得业务员是干什么的 |
[40:48] | Besides limit your brilliance? | 除了限制你的才华 |
[40:52] | I’d tell you, but I don’t want to hurt your feelings. | 我本想告诉你 但不想让你伤心 |
[40:54] | Keep joking about it. | 还在开玩笑 |
[40:56] | We’ve had two clients in one week leave here angry | 一周内我们的两个客户被气走 |
[40:58] | important clients. | 还都是重要客户 |
[41:00] | Is that what you want this place to be known for? | 你想这公司因此而出名吗 |
[41:03] | That and some guy losing his foot in a lawnmower? | 难道上次割草机事件还不够丢人吗 |
[41:06] | I want to put you on notice you are in over your head. | 我明确告诉你 你现在头脑发热了 |
[41:16] | These children– | 这些孩子 |
[41:19] | Unoffending, innocent and beautiful– | 无罪 无辜 美丽的孩子 |
[41:26] | Were the victims of one of the most vicious and tragic high | 是人类历史上最邪恶最惨痛的事件 |
[41:33] | Ever perpetrated against humanity. | 所造成的无辜牺牲品 |
[41:39] | You can leave it on your station. I don’t mind. | 你可以开着 没关系 |
[41:42] | – It’s all right. – What was that? | -没事 -那是什么 |
[41:46] | The funeral service for the little girls in birmingham. | 为伯明翰那些小女孩儿举行的葬礼 |
[41:50] | It’s so horrifying. | 真惨 |
[41:55] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[41:57] | Do you need a day off? | 要休一天假吗 |
[41:59] | No, I’m fine. Thank you. | 不用 我很好 谢谢 |
[42:06] | I hate to say this, | 我也不想这样说 |
[42:07] | But it’s really made me wonder about civil rights. | 但我真怀疑公民权利 |
[42:11] | Maybe it’s not supposed to happen right now. | 这种事儿现在不应该再发生了 |
[42:17] | – Hello, Mr. Draper. – Hello. | -您好 德雷柏先生 -你好 |
[42:20] | You just missed bedtime. | 孩子们刚上床 |
[42:21] | They’re probably still awake. | 可能还没睡着 |
[42:34] | No, don’t bother with dinner. | 不 不必担心晚饭 |
[42:36] | We’ve got chinese takeout. | 我们叫了中餐外卖 |
[42:39] | Listen, Marty needs me to look over this work. | 听着 马蒂要我检查工作 |
[42:43] | Don’t wait up for me. | 别等我了 |
[42:46] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[43:33] | Betts. | 贝蒂 |
[43:36] | What? | 怎么了 |
[43:38] | Hilton just called. | 希尔顿刚打来电话 |
[43:40] | I’m going in. | 我得去工作了 |
[43:43] | I didn’t hear the phone. | 我没听到电话 |
[43:48] | Go back to sleep. | 继续睡吧 |
[44:16] | – Someone’s going to see you. – Then let me in. | -有人要见你 -让我进去 |
[44:36] | This is nice. | 这儿很漂亮 |
[44:42] | What can I do for you? | 有事吗 |
[44:45] | I don’t know. I wanted to talk. | 不知道 我想聊聊 |
[44:48] | Right. | 好 |
[44:50] | Says the man as he unbuckles his pants. | 男人一边如是说 一边开始脱裤子了 |
[44:53] | What do you want me to say? | 你要我怎么说 |
[44:56] | You’ve been flirting with me for months. | 这几个月来你一直在和我调情 |
[44:59] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[45:01] | So I can’t stop thinking about you. | 所以我无法停止对你的思念 |
[45:03] | Because I’m new and different. | 因为我新奇独特 |
[45:06] | Or maybe I’m exactly the same. | 或者我也平淡无奇 |
[45:10] | Tell me you’ve run past that stretch of highway in the past two weeks | 别告诉我你这两周在公路上晨跑的时候 |
[45:12] | and not thought me. | 从来没有想到过我 |
[45:15] | Not looked for me. | 没有试图寻找我的身影 |
[45:19] | But then I have the luxury of that last half-mile home | 在跑回家的半英里路上 我可以愉悦享受自我 |
[45:21] | Where I go through every step of the future until it ends. | 我一步一步前进 最终跑到终点 |
[45:26] | I know exactly how it ends. | 我很清楚终点会怎么样 |
[45:29] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[45:32] | You live two miles from here. | 你家离这儿两英里 |
[45:34] | Your daughter was my student. | 你女儿是我学生 |
[45:35] | I’ve seen your wife in the market. | 我在超市见过你妻子 |
[45:38] | I don’t think you’ve done this before this way. | 我想你之前从未这样做 |
[45:51] | I want you. | 我想要你 |
[45:54] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[45:56] | Doesn’t that mean anything to someone like you? | 这些对于你难道都无所谓吗 |