时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | Butter. | 黄油 |
[00:41] | And the apples are good now, but not from the market. | 现在的苹果很好 但市场上卖的不行 |
[00:44] | I can go to Rodney farms on Sunday. | 我星期天可以去罗德尼农场 |
[00:46] | It’s near church. | 那里离教堂很近 |
[00:47] | – Can’t we go to Rodney farms? – We’ll see. | -我们不能去罗德尼农场吗 -再说吧 |
[00:51] | Why don’t we go to church? | 我们为什么不去教堂 |
[00:53] | We go to church. | 我们去教堂啊 |
[00:54] | On christmas. Carla goes every sunday. | 只在圣诞节的时候 可是卡拉每周日都去 |
[00:59] | We don’t need to go every week. | 我们不需要每周都去 |
[01:02] | Anything else? | 还有什么需要买的吗 |
[01:06] | It’s early. | 你回来得真早 |
[01:07] | – Do you want a drink? – Yes. | -想喝一杯吗 -是的 |
[01:11] | – How was school today? – Good. | -今天在学校过得怎么样 -很好 |
[01:14] | – How come you never ask me? – I do. | -你怎么从来不问我 -我会问你的 |
[01:18] | It’s just your answer is always longer, | 只是你的回答一般比较长 |
[01:20] | So I thought I’d start with Sally. | 所以我先从萨丽开始 |
[01:22] | – When’s halloween? – Before thanksgiving. | -万圣节在什么时候 -感恩节之前 |
[01:26] | Francine and Carlton have invited us, | 弗朗辛和卡尔顿邀请我们一起过节 |
[01:28] | But I think if we’re going to be selling daddy’s house, I don’t know, | 但如果我们要出售父亲的房子的话 |
[01:32] | It might be nice to have it there one last time. | 也许我们应该在那里过最后一次节 |
[01:38] | Are you going to sleep here tonight? | 你今晚在家里睡吗 |
[01:41] | No. | 不 |
[01:44] | You’re working too much. | 你工作过度了 |
[01:45] | – Betts, I don’t have a choice. – No, | -贝蒂 我别无选择 -不 |
[01:48] | That’s not what I mean. I just– | 我不是那个意思 只是 |
[01:49] | I see how hard you’re working. | 我知道你非常拼命地工作 |
[01:59] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:02] | Inside. | 进来吧 |
[02:09] | Were you grading papers? | 你在批阅试卷吗 |
[02:11] | Why? | 为什么这么问 |
[02:19] | I don’t know if you’re hungry, but I made date nut bread. | 不知道你饿不饿 我做了海藻坚果面包 |
[02:22] | Actually, I made three– | 事实上我做了三个 |
[02:23] | A bake sale. | 降价促销 |
[02:28] | Oh, your service called. Mr. Hilton was looking for you, | 对了 你秘书打电话说希尔顿先生在找你 |
[02:32] | But he’s probably in the air right now. | 但他可能在飞机上 |
[02:36] | Thanks, Miss Farrell. | 谢谢你 法雷尔老师 |
[02:38] | That’s good to know. | 谢谢你告诉我 |
[02:40] | I thought so. | 我也觉得 |
[02:45] | I want you to spend the whole night. | 我想你留下来过夜 |
[03:14] | You couldn’t possibly be asleep already. | 你肯定还没睡着 |
[03:23] | This eight-year-old, Charlie, | 今天有个名叫查理的八岁小男孩 |
[03:25] | Looked up at me during art today and said | 在美术课上抬头望着我问 |
[03:30] | “How do I know if what I see as blue is the same as it is to you?” | 我怎么知道我看到的蓝色和你看到的是一样的呢 |
[03:39] | And what did you say? | 那你怎么说的 |
[03:41] | The truth. | 我说了事实 |
[03:43] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:46] | I never have, | 我从来都不知道 |
[03:48] | But I love that he made me think about that again. | 但他让我忍不住回想这个问题 我喜欢这种感觉 |
[03:54] | What would you have said? | 如果是你会怎么说 |
[03:57] | I would have told Charlie | 我会告诉查理 |
[04:02] | That my job is about | 我的工作就是 |
[04:04] | Boiling down communication to its essentials, | 挖掘人类共通的情感 |
[04:08] | And that I know | 而我知道 |
[04:10] | That there is a blue | 有一种蓝色 |
[04:13] | That at least 45% of the population sees as the same. | 在至少45%的人看来是一样的 |
[04:18] | Maybe half those people think they’re looking at yellow. | 这些人当中的一半或许认为自己看到的是黄色 |
[04:21] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[04:23] | But the truth is people may see things differently, | 但事实是人们看待事物的眼光不同 |
[04:27] | But they don’t really want to. | 其实他们不想那样 |
[04:32] | Do you feel bad about what you do? | 你难道讨厌自己的职业吗 |
[04:37] | Nobody feels as good about what they do as you do. | 不是每个人都像你一样热爱自己的工作 |
[04:43] | Oh. That’s sweet. | 你真好 |
[04:47] | I wish I could’ve known you at eight. | 我真希望八岁时就认识你 |
[04:50] | I bet you were serious. | 我想你当时就很严肃 |
[04:55] | I would’ve liked you. | 我肯定会喜欢上你 |
[05:00] | Long curly hair– | 长长的卷发 |
[05:05] | No one has it anymore. | 举世无双 |
[05:21] | – Why don’t you take her? – Because I said no. | -你怎么不带上她 -因为我拒绝了 |
[05:24] | You’d rather not go than with me? | 你宁愿不去也不肯跟我一起去吗 |
[05:27] | What do you think Mr. Draper would say if you showed up at | 你说当德雷柏先生看到你和他的秘书一起 |
[05:29] | The Sterling Cooper 40th with his secretary? | 出现在斯特林公司40年庆典上会有什么反应呢 |
[05:32] | Good morning, Mr. Draper. Coffee? | 早上好 徳雷柏先生 要喝咖啡吗 |
[05:34] | – Morning, don. – Morning, fellas. Yes. | -早上好 唐 -早上好 伙计们 是的 |
[05:37] | -Aqua net, 9:00. – Get Peggy. | -阿卡亚发胶九点钟的会议 -把佩奇叫来 |
[05:40] | Don, if you could stand over there? | 唐 你站在那里好吗 |
[05:43] | It’s Paul Kinsey theater. | 下面请欣赏来自保罗·金西的精彩表演 |
[05:49] | This was my thought, | 先说说我的想法 |
[05:51] | Aqua net is about hold, | 阿卡亚发胶重在定型 |
[05:52] | but it is also about beauty. | 但同时也要关注美丽 |
[05:56] | So we’re driving– | 我们在开车 |
[05:58] | Two couples. I call it “double date”. | 两对情侣 可以称之为四人约会 |
[06:01] | The woman in the back’s scarf blows | 后排女士的头巾被吹掉了 |
[06:03] | Off and her hair starts blowing. | 她的头发在空中乱舞 |
[06:05] | Her hairdo falls apart. Oh no! | 她的发型被吹乱了 天啊 不 |
[06:08] | And then the woman in front takes off her scarf | 然后前排的女士摘下了头巾 |
[06:11] | And hands it back to the woman in the back. | 把它递给了后排的女士 |
[06:13] | Take mine. | 用我的吧 |
[06:14] | And he says: “Are you sure, Marcia?” | 然后他说 你确定吗 玛西娅 |
[06:17] | Marcia’s hair is perfect. | 玛西娅的发型依然保持完美 |
[06:20] | And then her date gives her a knowing smile of admiration | 然后她的男伴对着她会心一笑 |
[06:23] | On her confident smile. | 回应了她自信的笑容 |
[06:25] | “Aqua net. Arrive in style.” | 阿卡亚 风格一路到底 |
[06:31] | Too much story. | 故事太繁杂 |
[06:33] | Every time I hear “and then” there’s another | 你每多说一次”然后” |
[06:34] | Chance for the ladies at home to misunderstand. | 家庭妇女们就会更容易产生误解 |
[06:39] | What if it’s just the two couples, the wind is blowing, | 如果只是两对情侣坐在车上 风很大 |
[06:42] | The woman in the back has to put on her kerchief | 后排的女士不得不戴上她的头巾 |
[06:44] | and she just looks longingly at miss perfect in front? | 同时她羡慕地望着前排的完美小姐 |
[06:48] | OK | 不错 |
[06:49] | “Arrive in style” still works. | “风格一路到底”这句广告词还是可以用 |
[06:52] | And at the end you can see the can with the kerchief– | 广告的最后 一条头巾搭在发胶瓶上 |
[06:55] | Like a see-through one over it and the wind blows it off | 那种透明的丝巾 然后风将丝巾吹走 |
[06:57] | To reveal the aqua net. | 露出了阿卡亚的标志 |
[06:59] | A kerchief in a can? | 将头巾放在发胶瓶里吗 |
[07:02] | Don’t use that, | 别用这个 |
[07:04] | But very nice. | 但挺好的 |
[07:06] | Well, great then. | 那太好了 |
[07:08] | What do you have for western union? | 关于西部联盟 你们有什么想法 |
[07:10] | We don’t meet until next week. | 会议在下周才举行 |
[07:13] | Hilton takes precedence, | 希尔顿的广告案优先 |
[07:14] | so I need you two to be ready for me at a moment’s notice. | 所以我希望你们两个随时做好准备 |
[07:16] | And it has to be TV to compete with the phone company. | 只有电视才能和电话公司竞争 |
[07:19] | I love getting telegrams, but I never send them. | 我喜欢收电报 但我从不发电报 |
[07:23] | How is that supposed to help? | 你说这个有什么用 |
[07:28] | I’ve got it. | 让我来吧 |
[07:32] | My goodness. This is where everyone is. | 天啊 原来你们都在这里 |
[07:36] | Allison my dear, do you mind? | 艾莉森 亲爱的 可以回避一下吗 |
[07:41] | All the paperwork is through on your contract. | 所有的合同材料都已办妥 |
[07:43] | It is my pleasure to deliver your signing bonus personally. | 很荣幸能亲自把签约奖金送到你手上 |
[07:48] | You see, I don’t just fire people. | 看吧 我不只会炒人鱿鱼 |
[07:51] | So we finally have an answer to the question: | 所以这个问题终于有了答案 |
[07:54] | “What makes Don Draper smile?” | 什么能让唐·德雷柏喜笑颜开 |
[07:56] | $5,000 seems to be the number. | 看来需要五千美金 |
[08:00] | I wonder why it took two months. | 我在想为什么用了两个月时间 |
[08:02] | Will your amigo Connie Hilton be attending | 你的朋友康尼·希尔顿会出席 |
[08:04] | the anniversary party Friday? | 星期五的周年庆派对吗 |
[08:06] | – In his dressiest stetson. – Splendid. | -戴着他最考究的斯泰森毡帽 -太好了 |
[08:09] | You will be speaking last. | 你被安排在最后发表演讲 |
[08:11] | It’s prime time. Please prepare. | 那可是黄金时段 请好好准备 |
[08:14] | I’m sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[08:16] | Mr. Pryce, your wife is here and has | 普莱斯先生 您太太来了 |
[08:18] | Requested your attention immediately. | 她要求马上见你 |
[08:19] | – Where? – Your office. | -她在哪里 -你的办公室 |
[08:24] | – What’s going on? – I’ll find out. | -发生什么事了 -我去打探一下 |
[08:26] | No, it’s okay. | 不用了 没关系 |
[08:32] | Mr. Kinsey to see you. | 金西先生要见你 |
[08:34] | What was that? | 怎么回事 |
[08:35] | Thank you, Olive. What? | 谢谢你 奥利弗 怎么了 |
[08:38] | I don’t need you to put your little swirl on top of my idea. | 我不需要你在我的创意上发挥想象 |
[08:41] | – No one’s keeping score. – I am. | -又没人在计分 -我在计分 |
[08:43] | And every time we work together, | 每次我们一起工作 |
[08:44] | It looks like you carried the load | 都看起来像你在挑大梁 |
[08:46] | Because you’re spontaneous, you’re a girl, | 因为你总是不自觉地发表意见 你是女孩 |
[08:48] | You’re his favorite and you use aqua net. | 你是他的最爱 而且你是阿卡亚发胶的消费者 |
[08:50] | – Are you nuts? He hates me. – That’s rich. | -你是白痴吗 他讨厌我 -真可惜 |
[08:53] | Wearing a dress isn’t going to help you with western union. | 在西部联盟这个案子上 你穿裙子可没用 |
[08:56] | You do your work. I’ll do mine. | 你干你的 我干我的 |
[08:58] | Let the chips fall where they may. | 我们走着瞧 |
[09:03] | Mrs. Pryce, your water. | 普莱斯太太 你的水 |
[09:06] | Thank you ever so much, John. | 谢谢你 约翰 |
[09:09] | Will there be anything else? | 还有别的需要吗 |
[09:17] | Oh, he’s such a toad. | 他真讨厌 |
[09:19] | He is. He is. Darling, please sit down. | 确实 亲爱的 坐吧 |
[09:23] | No. I’m not going to let you | 不 我不会再让你 |
[09:24] | Force me to do anything anymore. | 强迫我做任何事了 |
[09:26] | Am I to entertain your ballad of dissatisfaction | 是我惹你生气了 |
[09:28] | Or has something actually happened? | 还是确实发生什么事了 |
[09:30] | Because I am at work, dear. | 因为我正在工作 亲爱的 |
[09:37] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[09:41] | I went to pick up my gown. | 我去取我的长外套 |
[09:43] | The queue for my taxi was 10 long | 我等计程车的那条队伍都是 |
[09:44] | With tose fat ladies in their furs. | 一些养尊处优的穿着皮草的胖女人 |
[09:47] | Finally I think I’m en route, but I see the park. | 终于坐上计程车了 可当我看到公园 |
[09:50] | I insist it’s the wrong direction and he’s | 我坚持说他开错了方向 |
[09:52] | Obviously running up my fare, which he was. | 而他显然还在计费 我非常确定 |
[09:55] | – I’m so sorry, darling. – I had to stop here | -抱歉 亲爱的 -我不得不停在这里 |
[09:57] | Because I’d already taken a $2.25 tour of harlem | 因为我花了2.25美元在黑人住宅区里转悠 |
[10:00] | and that was all the money I had. | 那是我所有的钱 |
[10:02] | Oh, well, we’ll get you home right away. | 好了 现在就让你回家 |
[10:05] | Do you have enough cash to get me to London? | 你有足够的钱让我回伦敦吗 |
[10:07] | Because this is not my home. | 因为这里不是我的家 |
[10:10] | – These things take time. – Not for you. | -这需要时间适应 -你不需要适应 |
[10:13] | If a superior demands you to be happy, | 如果你的上司要求你快乐 |
[10:16] | You say “yes, sir. Right away, sir.” | 你就会说”好的先生 马上好 先生” |
[10:18] | Go on. Let’s have it all, shall we? | 继续吧 把话敞开来说吧 |
[10:21] | Oh, you like it here– | 你喜欢这里 |
[10:23] | The smells, the noise and the criminals at every level. | 你喜欢这里的气味 噪音甚至犯罪 |
[10:27] | I have made the best of this. | 我尽力做到最好 |
[10:29] | My salary is good. The company is flourishing. | 我的工资不错 我的公司蒸蒸日上 |
[10:32] | My wife has a beautiful gown. | 我的太太有着漂亮的长外套 |
[10:35] | May I see it? | 我可以看看吗 |
[10:38] | It’s not London. | 这里不是伦敦 |
[10:41] | – It’s not even England. – Well, that’s true. | -这里甚至不是英国 -说的没错 |
[10:44] | I’ve been here 10 months | 我在这里待了十个月 |
[10:46] | and no one’s ever asked me where I went to school. | 却从来没人问我在哪里完成的学业 |
[10:51] | Oh. I want to scream. | 我想大叫 |
[10:54] | Don’t. | 别叫出来 |
[10:56] | Roll over. | 翻过来 |
[11:07] | Just a minute! | 稍等一下 |
[11:09] | Why did you answer? | 你为什么要应答 |
[11:20] | I had to see you. | 我必须来见你 |
[11:22] | I called you from the bus station in New Haven | 我之前从纽黑文车站给你打了电话 |
[11:26] | before I started hitching. You never ansered. | 然后我不得不搭便车过来 因为你没有接电话 |
[11:28] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[11:30] | Can you give me a minute? | 等我一会好吗 |
[11:37] | It’s my brother. | 他是我弟弟 |
[11:39] | Get rid of him for 15 minutes. I’ll run out. | 让他回避十五分钟 我跑出去 |
[11:42] | No, it’s okay, don. Come outside. | 没关系 唐 出来吧 |
[11:45] | No. So there’s a man in here. | 不 他知道这里有个男人 |
[11:47] | He doesn’t need to know it’s me. | 但他不必知道那个人是我 |
[11:50] | I want you to meet him. | 我想你见见他 |
[11:53] | I don’t want to ruin this. | 我不想毁了这一切 |
[11:56] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[11:59] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[12:15] | Danny, I’d like you to meet my friend Don. | 丹尼 这是我朋友唐 |
[12:20] | – Sorry to interrupt. – Danny, be polite. | -抱歉打扰了 -丹尼 礼貌点 |
[12:23] | – I really am sorry. – What happened there? | -真的很抱歉 -你的头怎么了 |
[12:27] | Is it bad under there? Are you hungry? | 伤得严重吗 你饿了吗 |
[12:30] | No. | 不 |
[12:32] | Well, I should be going. | 我该走了 |
[12:37] | Listen, I know what it looks like, | 听着 我知道你怎么看我 |
[12:40] | But I’m not a junkie. | 但我不是个瘾君子 |
[12:43] | Although apparently I’m too dangerous | 虽然我看上去不像一个 |
[12:45] | to push a cart in a public library. | 在图书馆推小车的老好人 |
[12:49] | He has fits. | 他的病发作了 |
[12:52] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:53] | I interrupted you. | 打扰你们了 |
[12:55] | It’s a nice night. I’ll see you in the morning, Suzy. | 今晚很愉快 我们明早再见 苏珊 |
[12:57] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[13:03] | – I wish you the best. – You don’t even know me. | -祝你一切安好 -你根本不认识我 |
[13:13] | – I’ll call you. – Tomorrow. | -我再打给你 -明天 |
[13:29] | He could’ve just stayed inside your bedroom. | 他本可以躲在你的卧室里 |
[13:31] | I wanted you two to meet. | 我想你们见个面 |
[13:34] | You’re my baby brother. | 你是我弟弟 |
[13:37] | Well, he knows how to leave a room. | 他显然精通此道 |
[13:40] | Reminds me of mom. | 这让我想起了妈妈 |
[13:42] | He’s just very private. | 他很注重隐私 |
[13:43] | He’s arrogant. | 他很傲慢 |
[13:45] | – His plans were interrupted. – You don’t know him. | -他的计划被打断了 -你不了解他 |
[13:52] | I’m going to get you another job, | 我会帮你再找份工作 |
[13:55] | Someplace safe. | 在一个安全的地方 |
[13:57] | Safe. | 安全 |
[13:59] | Other people are the problem. | 别人对我来说都是大麻烦 |
[14:02] | Name such place. | 你可以找到这种地方吗 |
[14:03] | People are ignorant. | 人们很无知 |
[14:06] | They’re scared of things they don’t understand. | 他们害怕自己不了解的东西 |
[14:17] | I’m really hungry. | 我真的饿了 |
[14:23] | 1923. We were giddy. | 1923年我们还很迷惘 |
[14:26] | We didn’t know the soup was gonna hit the fan, | 我们不知道会有大危机 |
[14:29] | But we made it through. | 但我们撑过去了 |
[14:32] | All these guys are dead… | 照片上的人都死了 |
[14:35] | Except you, of course… | 当然除了你 |
[14:38] | And Doug Thompson, | 还有道格·汤普森 |
[14:39] | But I wish he were. | 但我希望他死了 |
[14:41] | He left me a whole roll of bolls laxatives. | 他给我留了一整瓶泻药 |
[14:43] | I thought they were candies. | 我还以为是糖呢 |
[14:45] | I want him to show up and keel over. | 我想他在我面前倒下 |
[14:48] | Damn it. I don’t want to go to another funeral. | 该死 我不想再参加葬礼了 |
[14:50] | Well, I’m not really gonna kill him. | 我又不是真的要杀他 |
[14:52] | I just would like to, that’s all. | 只是想想而已 |
[14:54] | 40th anniversary. | 四十周年纪念日 |
[14:55] | 40 would be an insignificant year | 四十周年毫无意义 |
[14:57] | Were it not the average lifespan of a man in this business. | 这数字正好是一个广告人的平均寿命 |
[15:01] | I don’t think it’s a bad idea to have | 我觉得趁此机会 |
[15:03] | A chance to outdrink your clientele. | 把客户都灌倒也挺好的 |
[15:08] | Who am I kidding? I don’t want to go either. | 我在骗谁呢 我也不想去 |
[15:11] | Have to watch Don Draper | 我怎能忍受看着唐·德雷柏 |
[15:12] | accept an award for his humanity? | 因为他的人性而获奖 |
[15:14] | Don is important. | 唐是个重要人物 |
[15:16] | You know, I found that guy working in a fur company– | 知道吗 我发现那家伙在一家皮草公司工作 |
[15:20] | Night school. | 在夜校里 |
[15:22] | And that girl Betty. | 还有那个叫贝蒂的女孩 |
[15:24] | I remember Mona said they looked like | 我记得莫娜说过他们看起来就像 |
[15:26] | They were on top of our wedding cake. | 婚礼蛋糕上的人偶一样 |
[15:29] | Screw him. | 去他的 |
[15:31] | Have the party without me. I can’t do it. | 不去参加那个派对 我做不到 |
[15:35] | I won’t. | 我不会那么做的 |
[15:38] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:41] | It’s just a party. If you don’t want to go, you don’t have to go. | 那只是个派对 你要是不想去就别去 |
[15:44] | It’s not like it’s our company anymore anyway. | 反正现在也不像是我们的公司了 |
[15:50] | Oh my god. | 我的天啊 |
[15:52] | Remember her? | 还记得她吗 |
[16:02] | – Can I? – If you do it right. | -我可以接电话吗 -除非你表现得体 |
[16:10] | Hello, Draper residence. | 你好 这里是德雷柏家 |
[16:15] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[16:17] | There’s nobody there. They hanged up. | 电话那头没人 他们挂了 |
[16:21] | Hang it up. | 挂电话 |
[16:26] | Why’d they hang up? | 他们为什么挂了 |
[16:28] | Probably a wrong number. People do it all the time. | 也许是打错了 人们常打错电话 |
[16:31] | But I could hear somebody and they heard me. | 但我听到那头有人而且他们也听到我了 |
[16:33] | My goodness, Sally Draper. | 天啊 萨丽·德雷柏 |
[16:34] | Try not to take everything to personally. | 别对每件事都那么在意 |
[16:40] | Jeez Louise. | 天啊 |
[16:43] | [西部联盟] [那是什么 宝贝] | |
[17:04] | The phone is cheap. | 电话很廉价 |
[17:07] | It’s everday and you can’t trust it. | 不过是日常生活设备 而且不可靠 |
[17:11] | The telegraph is | 而电报 |
[17:13] | Honest, solid | 很诚实 可靠 |
[17:16] | And clear. It’s old, but it’s good… | 清晰明了 虽然古老 但依然优秀 |
[17:20] | Traditional. | 传统 |
[17:25] | Sorry about that, Olive. | 抱歉 奥利弗 |
[18:40] | Peggy. | 佩奇 |
[18:44] | Peggy! | 佩奇 |
[18:46] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[18:56] | Did you see a girl come through here? | 你见过一个女孩从这里经过吗 |
[18:58] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[19:01] | – I’m Paul, by the way. – I’m Achilles. | -顺便说一下我叫保罗 -我叫阿基里斯 |
[19:04] | Achilles. | 阿基里斯 |
[19:06] | Well, hello, Achilles. | 你好 阿基里斯 |
[19:09] | – Are you okay? – Are you Greek? | -你还好吗 -你是希腊人吗 |
[19:12] | I’m an American citizen. | 我是美国公民 |
[19:14] | No, of course. | 当然 |
[19:16] | It’s just that’s a mighty big name. | 只是这是个英雄的名字[希腊神话] |
[19:20] | How did that happen? | 为什么起这个名字呢 |
[19:21] | It’s been in my family for generations. | 这个名字在我们家族世代承袭 |
[19:25] | When we have a party and someone says “Achilles,” | 有时我们开派对时 有人喊了句”阿基里斯” |
[19:28] | All the men turn their heads. | 所有人都转头望着我 |
[19:30] | – In fact, one christmas– – Hush. | -事实上有一年的圣诞节 -别出声 |
[19:38] | I’ve got it. | 我想到了 |
[19:40] | You’ve got what? | 想到什么了 |
[19:42] | Achilles, I have thought of something very very good. | 阿基里斯 我想到了一个绝妙的创意 |
[19:47] | – I’m glad to hear it. – Oh, it’s truly great news. | -我为你高兴 -这真是个天大的好消息 |
[19:50] | – Yeah, your whole face changed. – Did it? | -对啊 你整张脸的表情都变了 -是吗 |
[19:54] | Well, I think I shall sleep very soundly tonight. | 我想我今晚会睡得很甜 |
[19:58] | I wish you the same. | 祝你也睡个好觉 |
[20:36] | Is that taken? | 旁边座位有人吗 |
[20:44] | I’ll only stay for a stop. | 我只坐一站 |
[20:46] | I tried to catch you on the platform. | 我刚刚试图在站台叫住你 |
[20:48] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[20:50] | I need to talk to you. | 我要跟你谈谈 |
[21:00] | Did you call my house last night? | 你昨晚打电话去我家了吗 |
[21:03] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[21:09] | – This was a mistake. – Sit down. | -我不该来的 -坐下 |
[21:13] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:24] | You said you’d call me. | 你说过会打给我 |
[21:28] | Your brother is there. | 你弟弟现在在你家 |
[21:32] | I don’t care about your marriage, your work | 我不在乎你的婚姻和工作 |
[21:35] | Or any of that, | 还是其他什么 |
[21:36] | As long as I know you’re with me. | 只要我知道你跟我在一起 |
[21:49] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:55] | I got him a job | 我帮他找了份工作 |
[21:57] | At the V.A. Hospital in Bedford. | 在贝德福德的退伍军人医院 |
[22:01] | He’ll be pushing a broom, but it has nice grounds. | 他负责扫地 但那里的地板很好 |
[22:08] | You can come back tonight. | 你今晚可以过来 |
[22:10] | He’ll be gone. | 他不在 |
[22:13] | – Are you sure? – Stop it. | -你确定吗 -别说了 |
[22:16] | Scarborough! | 斯卡伯勒 |
[22:18] | Briarcliff Manor! | 布瑞尔克里夫庄园 |
[22:21] | Scarborough! Briarcliff manor! | 斯卡伯勒 布瑞尔克里夫庄园 |
[22:29] | It was nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[22:54] | Mr. Kinsey. | 金西先生 |
[22:57] | Paul! | 保罗 |
[23:00] | Sorry to wake you. It’s 9:00 a.m. | 抱歉叫醒你 已经早上九点了 |
[23:04] | – Good morning, Lois. – Good morning. | -早上好 露易丝 -早上好 |
[23:10] | I need you to type something for me. | 我需要你帮忙打些东西 |
[23:25] | – Were you in here before? – No. | -你进来过吗 -没有 |
[23:27] | So you haven’t touched anything? | 所以你什么都没碰吗 |
[23:29] | No. | 没有 |
[23:31] | You do that sometimes. | 你有时会乱动我的东西 |
[23:40] | – What was it? – Does it look like I know? | -你在找什么 -你以为我知道吗 |
[23:43] | I wrote it down. | 我当时记下来了 |
[23:45] | I know I wrote it down. | 我知道我记下来了 |
[23:49] | Did you find it? | 你找到了吗 |
[23:51] | It’s always the last place you look. | 一般都落在你意想不到的地方 |
[23:55] | My mother always said | 我妈妈总说丢了东西的话 |
[23:57] | to retrace your steps if you lost something. | 就把事情经历在大脑里重新过一遍 |
[23:59] | Would you shut up? | 你可以闭嘴吗 |
[24:03] | “In conclusion, | 总而言之 |
[24:06] | With the help of Sterling Cooper, | 在斯特林&库珀公司的帮助下 |
[24:08] | Its ingenuity and influence, | 凭借自身的创造力和影响力 |
[24:12] | America is teaching business to the world.” | 美国正在将经商之道扩展到全世界 |
[24:19] | Very rousing, sir. | 非常振奋人心 先生 |
[24:22] | Churchill rousing or Hitler rousing? | 丘吉尔式的鼓舞还是希特勒式的煽动 |
[24:30] | Mr. Pryce’s office. | 普莱斯先生办公室 |
[24:33] | Just a moment, please. | 请稍等 |
[24:36] | London calling. Mr. Ford. | 弗德先生从伦敦打来的电话 |
[24:41] | Harold. | 哈罗德 |
[24:42] | Just calling for a status report on our little party. | 只是询问一下我们的小派对的进展情况 |
[24:45] | All is well, although as of late, | 一切顺利 不过因为赶不及 |
[24:47] | Bert Cooper will be in absentia. | 伯特·库珀将会缺席 |
[24:50] | Well, that won’t do. | 那可不行 |
[24:51] | We’re flying across the pond. | 我们飞洋越海 千辛万苦 |
[24:53] | We expect all the flowers in the vase. | 我们希望所有成员 一个都不能少 |
[24:55] | – What does that mean? – Look, Lane, | -那是什么意思 -听着 莱恩 |
[24:58] | We’ve had interest in the company for some months | 我们投资这个公司已经几个月了 |
[25:00] | And this party is essential to attracting a second suitor. | 能否吸引到第二买家 这个派对至关重要 |
[25:03] | For what purpose? | 为什么 |
[25:05] | Did we reach you at a bad time? | 你现在不方便讲电话吗 |
[25:07] | You seem foggy. | 你听上去很迷惑 |
[25:12] | – Saint John here. – Oh, hello. | -我是圣约翰 -你好 |
[25:14] | Lane, Sterling Cooper is for sale. | 莱恩 我们将出售斯特林&库珀公司 |
[25:18] | But why? | 为什么 |
[25:20] | We’ve reduced the staff and increased the revenue by 22%. | 我们已经裁员 而且利润增长了22% |
[25:24] | I think you’ve answered your own question. | 我想你已经回答了自己的问题 |
[25:28] | We need this party to encourage interest. | 我们需要这个派对来吸引买家的兴趣 |
[25:31] | – Do your best, Lane. – Yes, of course. | -好好干 莱恩 -我会的 当然 |
[25:41] | – Are you quite all right, sir? – Yes. | -你还好吗 先生 -是的 |
[25:43] | That’ll be all. | 没别的事了 |
[25:59] | Henry Francis, please. | 请接亨利·弗朗西斯 |
[26:02] | It’s Betty Draper. | 我是贝蒂·德雷柏 |
[26:15] | How are you? What a nice surprise. | 最近好吗 接到你的来电真惊喜 |
[26:18] | I was wondering if you called my home last night. | 我在想你昨晚有没有打电话到我家 |
[26:22] | No. | 没有 |
[26:23] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[26:25] | Oh, well, we had a hang up. I thought it might be you. | 有个电话打进来 没说话就挂了 我以为是你 |
[26:30] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:32] | I’m terribly embarrassed. | 真尴尬 |
[26:35] | Do you want me to call you? | 你希望我打给你吗 |
[26:38] | No. | 不 |
[26:40] | But you thought it was me. | 但你以为是我 |
[26:45] | What are you laughing at? | 你笑什么 |
[26:47] | I didn’t call you and I’m not going to, | 我没有打给你 也不打算打给你 |
[26:50] | But if you’re going to call me, call me. | 但如果你想打给我就打吧 |
[26:52] | Don’t make up excuses. | 别找借口 |
[26:54] | I’m not playing a game here. | 我不是在玩游戏 |
[26:57] | – Goodbye. – Goodbye, Betty. | -再见 -再见 贝蒂 |
[27:08] | Do you mind? This is rather serious. | 介意我关掉吗 这件事很重要 |
[27:10] | Go ahead. | 请便 |
[27:16] | It has come to my attention that | 我刚刚发现 |
[27:20] | You’re not attending the Sterling Cooper 40th anniversary. | 你不打算出席斯特林&库珀公司四十周年庆典 |
[27:24] | I wouldn’t have told Roger if I planned on it remaining a secret. | 如果我打算保密 就不会告诉罗杰了 |
[27:32] | In great Britain | 在英国 |
[27:35] | We have a good deal of testimonials | 我们也设有很多奖项 |
[27:37] | and the senior members are all equally unenthused. | 而那些高层元老却都毫无兴趣 |
[27:41] | It marks the passage of time. | 这标志着时间的过去 |
[27:44] | It’s painful, I imagine. | 我想 应该很痛苦 |
[27:47] | I didn’t get to where I am by dwelling on the past. | 如果我一直缅怀过去就不会有今天的成就 |
[27:53] | So think of the future, hmm? | 那就想想未来吧 |
[27:56] | All of our clients, all of our staff, | 我们所有的客户 所有的员工 |
[27:58] | The press, newspapers and trade publications– | 媒体 报纸 商业刊物 |
[28:02] | Enjoy the fruit of your longevity. | 好好享受美好的人生吧 |
[28:06] | You really pour the honey on, then you lick it off. | 你说话像涂了蜜 但你却又全舔干净了 |
[28:12] | Well, if you care about Sterling Cooper at all, | 如果你真的在乎斯特林&库珀公司 |
[28:15] | Remember that | 你要知道 |
[28:16] | your absence will make everyone think you are ill. | 你的缺席会让人们以为你病倒了 |
[28:28] | Who told you I was vain? | 难道有人跟你说我贪恋虚荣吗 |
[28:31] | Please. | 拜托 |
[28:34] | It’s obvious. | 显而易见 |
[31:00] | I want to show mommy. | 我想拿给妈咪看 |
[31:02] | Mommy! | 妈咪 |
[31:04] | – Maybe she’s not here. – Carla. | -也许她不在 -卡拉 |
[31:09] | – Are you feeling all right? – I’m fine. | -你还好吗 -我没事 |
[31:12] | I want you to take the children to the park. | 我想你带孩子们去公园 |
[31:15] | Don’t come home… | 别太早回来 |
[31:17] | Just– dinner time would be perfect. | 最好晚饭时间再回来 |
[31:20] | Take them to the library. | 带他们去图书馆 |
[31:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[31:37] | I’m glad to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[31:41] | Sorry again. | 再一次抱歉 |
[31:42] | We were gonna leave after school | 本来说好了我放学后就走 |
[31:44] | and I am still here, obviously. | 可我还在这里 |
[31:48] | You want to wait here for me? | 你愿意在这里等我吗 |
[31:49] | He has to report tomorrow. | 他明天必须去报道 |
[31:53] | Let me do it. | 让我来吧 |
[31:54] | Let me drive him. Where are you going again? | 我来载他 你们要去哪里来着 |
[31:56] | – Bedford, massachussets. – It’s a long drive, Don. | -贝德福德 -路很远 唐 |
[31:59] | And you’ll have to come back alone. | 如果你去的话 就得独自开夜车回来了 |
[32:03] | Let me do this for you. | 让我替你去吧 |
[32:06] | I don’t want to say goodbye up there. | 我不想在那里告别 |
[32:08] | It’s gonna come out ungrateful. | 显得很忘恩负义 |
[32:20] | There’s $375 in there, okay? | 这里有375美元 好吗 |
[32:25] | How many times have you done this? | 这是你第几次这么做了 |
[32:51] | Don’t you need to gas up? | 你不用加油吗 |
[32:53] | No, we’re fine. | 不用 足够了 |
[32:55] | So you’re not gonna stop? | 你不打算停车吗 |
[32:59] | Do you need to stop? | 你要我停车吗 |
[33:03] | I have some movie in my head where I give you the slip | 我本来计划好了 找机会偷偷甩掉你 |
[33:06] | But I might as well tell you: | 但我还是实话告诉你好了 |
[33:08] | I’m not going to Bedford. | 我不去贝德福德了 |
[33:11] | Well, I am, | 但是我要去 |
[33:13] | So I guess you kind of have to. | 所以你也只好去了 |
[33:17] | Why do you care? | 关你什么事 |
[33:19] | You’re just gonna go back and screw her. | 你只想回去跟她上床 |
[33:25] | I don’t know if you’re capable of understanding, | 我不知道你能不能明白 |
[33:28] | but that job is important. | 但那份工作很重要 |
[33:30] | – Did you get me the job? – No. | -那份工作是你帮我找的吗 -不是 |
[33:33] | So shut up. | 那就闭嘴 |
[33:35] | I’m not retarded. | 我不是智障 |
[33:37] | Julius Caesar had epilepsy. | 凯撒大帝也患有癫痫 |
[33:39] | – He ran Rome. | 他却掌控着整个罗马 |
[33:40] | – Things didn’t turn out so well for him. | 他的下场可不怎么样 |
[33:42] | I know what’s waiting for me at that place. | 我知道如果我去了 会过着怎样的生活 |
[33:45] | I’m 25 years old, Don. | 我二十五岁了 唐 |
[33:47] | I don’t want to be cleaning toilets until I die. | 我不想刷马桶刷到死 |
[33:55] | Just pull over. | 停车吧 |
[34:11] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[34:13] | What? | 怎么了 |
[34:16] | I’m older than you and I’m telling you | 我年纪比你大 而我要告诉你 |
[34:19] | It seems bad now, but you can still change things. | 尽管情况看起来很糟 但你可以作出改变 |
[34:22] | Pull myself up by the bootstraps? | 自力更生 白手起家吗 |
[34:25] | Does that just sound stupid to you? | 你认为这听起来很蠢吗 |
[34:29] | How do I explain this? | 我怎么解释好呢 |
[34:33] | I can’t do anything that you can do. | 你能做到的所有事情我都做不到 |
[34:37] | Everyone knows, sooner or later, | 人们迟早有一天会发现 |
[34:39] | That there’s something wrong with me. | 我身上某些地方不对劲 |
[34:41] | They’re kind and they try, | 他们好心尝试改变我 |
[34:44] | But then when I come to with piss in my pants, | 但当我病发 大小便失禁的时候 |
[34:47] | They stare at me like I’m from another planet. | 他们看我的眼神就像我是外星人一样 |
[34:51] | I am afflicted, okay? | 我也很苦恼 好吗 |
[34:55] | It’s not a question of will. I can’t change that. | 这不是想不想的问题 我无法改变 |
[35:02] | Do you need money? | 你需要钱吗 |
[35:03] | Always. | 一向需要 |
[35:12] | I swore to myself I would try to do this right once. | 老天保佑 但愿我这么做是对的 |
[35:16] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[35:18] | I want you to call me if you ever need to. | 你有任何需要 尽管打给我 |
[35:24] | And I want you to remember | 我希望你记住 |
[35:27] | If something happens to you, | 如果你出了什么事 |
[35:28] | Your sister will never forgive herself. | 你姐姐将永远无法原谅自己 |
[35:35] | You’re not gonna tell her, are you? | 你不会告诉她吧 |
[35:37] | That I let you out 20 miles | 告诉她在距离弗雷明汉20里的地方 |
[35:39] | outside of Framingham? | 我让你下车了吗 |
[35:49] | Take care. | 保重 |
[36:42] | I know he thought I was passing him off, | 我知道他以为我只想把他送走 |
[36:44] | but he means the world to me. | 但他是我的一切 |
[36:49] | He knows that. | 他知道的 |
[36:57] | What was the place like? | 那个地方怎么样 |
[37:01] | – Nice. – Bullshit. | -不错 -胡说 |
[37:07] | He’ll be as good as he can be. | 他会尽力做好的 |
[37:17] | Don, I don’t want to. | 唐 我不想 |
[37:20] | I don’t. | 我不想 |
[37:24] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[38:27] | Coffee? | 要咖啡吗 |
[38:28] | No. | 不 |
[38:30] | Can you get my wife on the phone? | 可以帮忙接通我太太吗 |
[38:43] | – Betty? – Where were you last night? | -贝蒂 -你昨晚去哪里了 |
[38:47] | I told you– I was with Hilton. | 我跟你说了 我跟希尔顿在一起 |
[38:50] | Oh, I must have forgotten. | 一定是我忘了 |
[38:51] | Well, did you remember to pick up my tuxedo? | 你还记得要去取回我的礼服吗 |
[38:53] | Yesterday. It’s in the closet. | 昨晚就收在衣柜了 |
[38:56] | I’ll get home at 5:30. | 我五点半到家 |
[38:57] | We should leave within the hour. | 我们将在一小时内出发 |
[39:00] | I don’t know. I don’t know if I’m going to go. | 我不知道 我没想好去不去 |
[39:03] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[39:04] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[39:06] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[39:11] | I don’t feel well. | 我不太舒服 |
[39:13] | Get into bed | 躺一会吧 |
[39:15] | And grab a hot-water bottle. You have seven hours. | 喝些热水 你还可以休息7个小时 |
[39:17] | It’s all the clients and all the partners, | 所有的客户和合伙人都会出席 |
[39:20] | And they’re all expecting me to show up with | 他们都希望看到我带着 |
[39:22] | the glamorous, elegant, stunning betty draper. | 迷人 优雅 美丽的贝蒂·德雷柏出席 |
[39:28] | I want to show you off, Betts. | 我想让你艳惊全场 贝蒂 |
[39:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:39] | Are you ready? Don’s expecting us. | 准备好了吗 唐在等我们 |
[39:43] | I’ve got nothing. | 我什么都还没有 |
[39:46] | What a relief. Mine’s garbage too. | 真是松了一口气 我的创意也很垃圾 |
[39:48] | No, I had something, | 不 我想到过一个好的创意 |
[39:51] | Something incredible, but I lost it. | 一个绝妙的创意 但我却失去了 |
[39:57] | I didn’t write it down. | 我没记下来 |
[40:00] | I hate that. | 我讨厌这种情况 |
[40:03] | It might’ve been the best idea I ever had. | 那也许是我想到过的最出色的创意了 |
[40:06] | I did everything. I talked to Achilles; | 我什么方法都试过了 我跟阿基里斯聊天 |
[40:09] | I spent last night recreating every detail of the evening, | 我一整晚都在重演那晚的每一个细节 |
[40:12] | hoping it would come back. | 希望那个创意会再度在脑海中闪现 |
[40:14] | You know how it is. There was nothing, | 你知道是怎样一种情况 先是一片空白 |
[40:16] | Then there was it and now it’s nothing again. | 然后灵光一现 然后又消失得无影无踪 |
[40:19] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[40:23] | How do you talk to Achilles? | 你跟阿基里斯都谈了什么 |
[40:25] | He is a janitor with a very bad memory. | 他是个记性很差的维修工 |
[40:29] | You know what the chinese say? | 你知道中国人怎么说的吗 |
[40:33] | “The faintest ink is better than the best memory.” | 好记性不如烂笔头 |
[40:38] | Come on. We’ve failed before. | 来吧 我们以前也失败过 |
[40:54] | Okay, we really looked for advantages. | 好的 我们认真想过了电报的优势 |
[40:57] | One of them is, phone calls happen every day. | 其中一个就是 我们每天都打电话 |
[41:00] | A telegram’s a big deal. | 却极少收到电报 |
[41:02] | Something like… | 类似于 |
[41:03] | “She’s getting married, | 她要结婚了 |
[41:05] | Are you really just going to give her a call?” | 你真的打算只给她打个电话吗 |
[41:07] | Sounds like you are talking to her parents. | 听起来你像是在跟她的父母说话 |
[41:10] | They should really be at the wedding. | 他们会亲自出席婚礼 |
[41:13] | Also… Old people love them. | 还有就是 老人们喜欢电报 |
[41:17] | “When you care, send one there.” | “问候你我心 电报传真情” |
[41:20] | That’s a slogan, not an idea. Paul? | 那只是句广告语 不是个创意 保罗呢 |
[41:22] | – Mine aren’t any better. – Damn | -我的也不怎么样 -该死 |
[41:25] | It, Kinsey. What’s your excuse? | 金西 你有什么借口 |
[41:27] | – Don’t yell at him. – Excuse me? | -别对他吼 -你说什么 |
[41:32] | Tell him what happened. | 告诉他发生了什么事 |
[41:34] | No. | 不 |
[41:38] | The dog ate my homework. | 狗吃了我的作业 |
[41:40] | I had a great idea and I lost it. | 我想到个绝妙的创意 却又忘了 |
[41:43] | I didn’t write it down. | 我没记下来 |
[41:49] | I hate when that happens. | 我讨厌这种情况 |
[41:52] | I keep thinking about that Chinese thing you said. | 我一直在想你说的那句中国谚语 |
[41:54] | What was it? | 怎么说来着 |
[41:56] | “The faintest ink is better than the best memory.” | 好记性不如烂笔头 |
[42:00] | Just makes me think you call someone on the phone | 我不禁想到 当你打电话给某人 然后说 |
[42:05] | “Hello, I’m getting married”, | “你好 我要结婚了” |
[42:06] | “Congratulations on the baby” and… | “恭喜你喜得贵子” |
[42:09] | Then you hang up. | 然后你挂掉电话 |
[42:11] | It’s gone. | 一切又都没了 |
[42:14] | It’s different if you send a telegram. | 如果你用电报的话 情况就不同了 |
[42:17] | Telegram is permanent. | 电报是永恒的 |
[42:21] | Something like “A telegram is forever.” | 创意的主题可以是 “电报是永恒的” |
[42:27] | You can’t frame a phone call. | 你无法将一通电话装裱纪念 |
[42:34] | My god! | 天啊 |
[42:38] | That’s the way to go. You keep working on that. | 创意的大方向就是这个了 你们继续努力 |
[42:43] | When do you want it? | 你什么时候要 |
[42:46] | Party’s tonight. | 今晚有派对 |
[42:48] | Monday. | 星期一吧 |
[42:52] | See? | 看到了吗 |
[42:54] | It all works out. | 都解决了 |
[43:02] | Betts, are you ready? | 贝蒂 准备好了吗 |
[43:04] | – The car is downstairs. – The driver is Chinese. | -车子在楼下了 -司机是个中国人 |
[43:09] | Ready, Betts? | 好了吗 贝蒂 |
[43:21] | Look how pretty mommy is. | 看妈妈多漂亮 |
[43:27] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪里 |
[43:29] | To Waldorf Astoria, mommy. | 去华尔道夫饭店 妈妈 |
[43:31] | Then we passed it, it’s on 5th Avenue. | 那我们开过了 它在第五大道上 |
[43:33] | It’s on Park, moved years ago. | 现在在公园大道上 搬迁已经好几年了 |
[43:36] | That’s right, that’s right. | 没错 没错 |
[43:38] | Why did they ever do that? | 他们为什么要搬迁 |
[43:42] | Enjoy the world as it is, Margaret. | 管它世事如何变化呢 玛格丽特 |
[43:45] | They’ll change it… | 一切总是在不停地改变 |
[43:47] | And never give you a reason. | 却从来也没有个理由 |
[43:49] | Mommy, she is not Margaret, | 妈妈 她不是玛格丽特 |
[43:50] | she is Jane. She is my wife. | 她是简 她是我妻子 |
[43:54] | – Does Mona know? – Yes, she knows. | -莫娜知道吗 -她当然知道 |
[44:09] | You seem surprised that there’s traffic. | 看来你对堵车感到很意外 |
[44:12] | There’s always traffic. | 整天都在堵车 |
[44:14] | Calm yourself, we’ll arrive on time. | 冷静下来吧 我们会准时到的 |
[44:19] | They are selling the company. | 他们要卖掉公司 |
[44:21] | What? | 什么 |
[44:23] | They are selling Sterling Cooper. | 他们要卖掉斯特林&库珀公司 |
[44:26] | – When? – I have no idea. | -什么时候 -不知道 |
[44:30] | What happenned to the Americans? | 公司里那些美国人怎么办 |
[44:32] | They’ll go to the highest bidder. | 他们将被出价最高的买家纳入麾下 |
[44:38] | I know you hate uncertainity | 我知道你讨厌不确定的事情 |
[44:40] | But it complements the fact that we are returning to england. | 但至少我们可以回英国了 |
[44:54] | I’m gonna keep going on | 我决定继续讲 |
[44:56] | And make Don Draper wait, because | 让唐·德雷柏等着 因为 |
[44:58] | God knows we’ve all waited for him. | 上帝知道我们等他也等了很久 |
[45:03] | As if being… | 如果说 |
[45:05] | Decorated for his services in Korea were not enough, | 他曾在朝鲜战场服役的经历还不够荣誉的话 |
[45:08] | His carrer has yield even more awards. | 他在广告业所获得奖项甚至更多 |
[45:11] | The American Association of advertising agency’s “Arthur Kudner” award, | 全美广告协会颁发的”亚瑟·卡德”奖 |
[45:16] | “Printer’s ink” magazine’s advertising gold medal, | 《印刷·墨迹》杂志颁发的广告金奖 |
[45:19] | The Advertising Writers Association of New York… | 还有纽约广告作家协会 |
[45:21] | I’m not reading all these. | 我可不打算念完 |
[45:27] | He is loyal, charming, | 他很忠诚 迷人 |
[45:29] | Quiet, but not modest, | 沉默但并不谦虚 |
[45:31] | Why should he be? | 他为什么要谦虚呢 |
[45:33] | We have to thank his beautiful wife, Betty, | 我们要感谢他美丽的妻子 贝蒂 |
[45:36] | And his three children, for sharing him with us. | 还有他的三个孩子 在背后支持他的事业 |
[45:39] | Because as we all know, sometimes | 因为我们知道 有时候 |
[45:41] | Sterling Cooper has gotten a large share. | 他大部分时间都投进了斯特林&库珀公司 |
[45:45] | Bert Cooper… | 伯特·库珀 |
[45:46] | And my father Roger Sterling senior, | 和我父亲老罗杰·斯特林 |
[45:49] | Bravely set this in motion 40 years ago. | 四十年前在大风大浪中创建了公司 |
[45:52] | Now let me introduce the man who will | 现在让我为大家介绍一个将 |
[45:54] | Stand alongside me for the next 40 years | 将在未来四十年与我共同进退的人 |
[46:00] | Father, husband and friend. | 父亲 丈夫和朋友 |
[46:05] | Don Draper. | 唐·德雷柏 |
[46:22] | Please. | 请停下来 |
[46:24] | Please. | 请停下来 |
[46:27] | Please. | 请停下来 |
[46:30] | I’m very honored. | 我非常荣幸 |