时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:56] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[00:58] | That’s okay. I was occupied. | 没事 我刚刚也正忙着呢 |
[01:00] | How are you today, Don? | 今天怎么样 唐 |
[01:02] | I’m well, Connie. Thank you. How are you? | 我很好 康尼 多谢 你怎么样 |
[01:04] | I’m afraid I have some serious business to discuss. | 恐怕我有些正经生意要谈 |
[01:07] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[01:17] | I was at McCann Erickson yesterday, | 我昨天去了麦肯世界集团 |
[01:21] | And they let me know | 他们告诉我 |
[01:23] | that effective January 1, | 他们要收购帕特南鲍威尔洛公司 |
[01:25] | they’re buying Putnam, Powell & Lowe. | 1月1日起正式生效 |
[01:27] | What? | 什么 |
[01:29] | I’m sorry, but that means I’m going to have to | 我很抱歉 但是这意味着我必须 |
[01:32] | Move my New York properties elsewhere. | 重新寻找纽约分部的广告代理商 |
[01:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:36] | Because P.P.L. Owns Sterling Cooper. | 因为斯特林&库珀公司从属于帕特南鲍威尔洛 |
[01:39] | You’re all gonna be part of McCann. | 你们都会成为麦肯集团的一部分 |
[01:44] | – So we’re all gone. – Sterling, I don’t know. | -看来要树倒猢狲散了 -斯特林 我不知道 |
[01:48] | Cooper will definitely be put on an ice floe. | 但库珀将如履薄冰 陷入绝境 |
[01:52] | But you’re a prize pig. | 但你是大红人 |
[01:54] | You’ll make more money, pick up stock. | 你会赚更多的钱 另择良木而栖吧 |
[01:56] | You won’t have to live and die with every account. | 你不必在一棵树上吊死 |
[01:59] | Bulls—. | 胡扯 |
[02:01] | It’s a sausage factory. I turned them down three years ago. | 那地方是个不毛之地 我三年前就拒绝他们了 |
[02:06] | This happens all the time, Don. | 这种事总会发生的 唐 |
[02:08] | It’s business. | 商场如战场 |
[02:10] | I’d ask them to put you on the Caribbean hotels, | 我本来让他们把你带到加勒比饭店的 |
[02:12] | But I don’t think I’m gonna stay there much longer. | 但我觉得我不会在那儿待太久 |
[02:16] | You come and go as you please. | 你想来就来 想走就走 |
[02:18] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我就是如此 |
[02:20] | And you don’t give a crap that my future | 你根本不在乎因为你 |
[02:22] | Is tied up in this mess because of you? | 我的未来被搅进了这烂摊子里 |
[02:24] | You wanted my account, and you were lucky to get it. | 你想做我的广告代理 你很幸运地得到了 |
[02:29] | And you wanted to play with me– | 可你却诚心玩我 |
[02:31] | Kick me around, knock me down to size while you called me son. | 你叫我儿子 让我唯唯诺诺 唯命是从 |
[02:37] | I get it now, Connie. | 我明白了 康尼 |
[02:40] | It’s business. | 商场如战场 |
[02:46] | You know… | 你知道… |
[02:49] | I got everything I have on my own. | 我的一切都是白手起家 艰苦奋斗换来的 |
[02:54] | It’s made me immune to those who complain and cry because they can’t. | 不得志之人的抱怨痛哭 我向来无所动容 |
[03:02] | I didn’t take you for one of them, Don. | 我没有把你归为那类 唐 |
[03:07] | Are you? | 你是吗 |
[03:17] | – Some other time we’ll try again. – Yes. | -我们另找个时间再谈谈 -好的 |
[03:22] | Have a nice holiday. | 假期愉快 |
[03:48] | 69 cents a bushel. | 69美分一蒲式耳[容量单位 约等于8加仑] |
[03:51] | That’s half last year. | 只有去年价格的一半 |
[03:53] | We ain’t gonna make it. | 不可能达到去年的价格 |
[03:55] | It’s as fair a shake as we could get, | 这已经是给我们最公道的价格了 |
[03:58] | considering that allotment act made no allotment for wheat. | 因为补贴条例中没有给种植小麦的补贴 |
[04:01] | You were supposed to get us a good deal. | 你本该替我们谈个好价钱的 |
[04:03] | There’s a surplus. What the hell’s he supposed to do? | 市场过剩 他又能怎么办 |
[04:06] | Well, I ain’t selling at that. | 我不会出售的 |
[04:08] | – You’ve got no choice. – Sure I do. | -你别无选择 -我当然有选择 |
[04:12] | I’ve got a silo. | 我有个筒仓 |
[04:13] | Store it till winter when the price goes up. | 将小麦存到冬天 等价格高了再卖 |
[04:15] | – How you gonna pay your mortgage? – That’s none of your concern. | -你怎么付贷款啊 -这与你无关 |
[04:18] | Settle down. We’re all in this together. | 冷静 我们都在一条船上 |
[04:21] | No, we ain’t, thanks to you. | 不 我们不是 多谢 |
[04:23] | I take care of mine. You take care of yours. | 我自寻出路 你们解决你们自己的 |
[04:26] | Damn it, Whitman, this is a cooperative. | 该死 惠特曼 这是合作经营 |
[04:28] | No more. | 不再是了 |
[04:33] | Now get out of my kitchen. | 现在都滚出我的厨房吧 |
[04:52] | What’s so urgent that you had to wake me? | 什么这么重要 你要把我弄醒 |
[04:55] | Conrad Hilton told me | 康纳德·希尔顿告诉我 |
[04:56] | P.P.L. is being sold and us along with it. | 帕特南鲍威尔洛公司将附带我们一起出售 |
[05:01] | So you knew about this? | 难道你早知道了吗 |
[05:02] | No, but it makes sense– | 没有 但这很合情合理 |
[05:05] | All that short-term thinking. | 都是鼠目寸光的考量 |
[05:07] | So what do we do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[05:10] | There’s nothing to do. I have a contract. | 无计可施 我有合约在身 |
[05:12] | You have a contract. Roger has a contract. | 你也有 罗杰也有 |
[05:16] | So that’s it? | 那就只能如此了 |
[05:18] | You’re losing your business and you don’t care? | 你的事业即将覆灭 你却毫不在乎吗 |
[05:20] | I lost my business last year. | 我的事业去年就覆灭了 |
[05:22] | Well, do something about it. | 那现在就该想想对策 |
[05:25] | If Sterling Cooper is for sale, | 如果斯特林&库珀公司将要出售 |
[05:28] | why don’t we buy it from P.P.L.? | 我们为何不自己买下来 |
[05:30] | We could put everything back the way it was. | 我们可以让一切回归正轨 |
[05:32] | Young men love risk | 年轻人喜欢冒险 |
[05:33] | Because they can’t imagine the consequences. | 因为他们不知道掂量后果 |
[05:36] | And you old men love building golden tombs | 你们老头子想安度余生 |
[05:38] | And sealing the rest of us in with you. | 将我们的未来也随你们一起葬送 |
[05:41] | You’re done. You know that, right? | 你的人生也就如此了 你知道的 是不是 |
[05:44] | So I should just throw away my fortune? | 难道我应该将所有的资产都投进去吗 |
[05:46] | I don’t have the rest of my life to earn it back. | 我可没命再把它们赚回来 |
[05:50] | I understand. I’ll let you get back to sleep. | 我明白了 你回去睡觉吧 |
[05:52] | Why do you care? | 你为何这么在乎呢 |
[05:54] | Because I’m sick of | 因为我已经厌倦了 |
[05:54] | being batted aroundlike a ping-pong ball. | 像乒乓球一样被打来打去 |
[05:57] | Who the hell is in charge? | 到底谁是主管 |
[05:58] | A bunch of accountants trying make $1 into $1.10? | 一帮业务员成天为蝇头小利奔波劳碌 |
[06:00] | I want to work. I want to build something of my own. | 我想要工作 我想创立自己的事业 |
[06:03] | How do you not understand that? | 你怎么能不理解 |
[06:05] | You did it yourself 40 years ago. | 你40年前就是这样做的 |
[06:08] | That’s true. | 这倒是真的 |
[06:11] | But I’m not sure you have a stomach for the realities. | 但我不知你在现实面前还有没有足够的胆识 |
[06:15] | Try me. | 放马过来吧 |
[06:18] | Well, we’re gonna need accounts. | 那么 我们需要有业务 |
[06:22] | American Tobacco, | 美国烟草公司 |
[06:23] | That’s most of Sterling Cooper. | 那是斯特林&库珀公司最大的业务 |
[06:24] | But that’s Roger. | 但那得看罗杰的 |
[06:27] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[06:29] | Did Hilton tell you when this blessed event is supposed to take place? | 希尔顿有没有告诉你出售的具体日期 |
[06:33] | New Year’s Day. | 元旦 |
[06:39] | – We have to talk to Roger now. – You talk to him. | -我们现在就得找罗杰谈 -你去谈吧 |
[06:43] | Do you want to do this or not? | 你到底想不想干 |
[06:48] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[06:50] | Honey, he probably feels bad about | 亲爱的 他可能感觉很糟糕 |
[06:53] | The president getting shot on his watch. | 毕竟总统是在他的看手下被杀的 |
[06:55] | Now stop reading the paper. | 不要再看报纸了 |
[06:58] | She’s obsessed. | 她心神不宁 |
[06:59] | It’s the most interest that girl’s ever had in a book depository. | 这是她第一次对报刊书籍这么感兴趣 |
[07:02] | McCann is buying P.P.L. | 麦肯公司要收购帕特南鲍威尔洛 |
[07:05] | And is absorbing Sterling Cooper along with it. | 而且要将斯特林&库珀公司附带收购 |
[07:10] | What? | 什么 |
[07:11] | Conrad Hilton told me this morning. | 康纳德·希尔顿今天早上告诉我的 |
[07:13] | Christ. From one John’s bed to the next. | 天啊 像个球一样被人踢来踢去 |
[07:16] | What a joke. | 真是开玩笑 |
[07:17] | Don and I have been discussing the idea that we buy the company back. | 唐和我商量着出资把公司买下来 |
[07:22] | Really? Why? | 是吗 为什么 |
[07:25] | Because we don’t want to go to McCann. | 因为我们不想去麦肯公司 |
[07:33] | And now you’re sniffing around | 现在你又拉下面子来找我 |
[07:36] | because I have a golden pork chop dangling from my neck. | 因为我手上握有重要股份 |
[07:39] | It’s more than that. | 不止是这样 |
[07:41] | You know Bert’s done for. | 你知道伯特肯定不行的 |
[07:43] | Now it’s about Bert, huh? | 现在又拿伯特说事儿了啊 |
[07:45] | I want to see what you look like with your tail between your legs. | 我倒是想看看你夹着尾巴的样子 |
[07:47] | You sold your birthright so you could marry that trollop. | 你为了取那个婊子 卖掉了你手中的股份 |
[07:50] | Here we go. This is your pitch? | 又来了 这就是你们的态度吗 |
[07:53] | Well, move along. | 省省吧 |
[07:56] | I’m not gonna throw it all away | 我可不想把钱都砸进去 |
[07:57] | because he doesn’t want to work at McCann. | 就因为他不想替麦肯公司工作 |
[07:59] | Do you want to work there? | 你想替他们工作吗 |
[08:00] | You don’t value what I do anymore than they do. | 我的工作 在你和他们眼中都一样可有可无 |
[08:03] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[08:04] | I learned that with Hilton. | 我已经从希尔顿那儿吸取了教训 |
[08:06] | I can sell ideas but I’m not an account man. | 我可以卖创意 但我不擅长处理客户关系 |
[08:08] | You’re not good at relationships because you don’t value them. | 你不善于人际交流 因为你觉得这毫无意义 |
[08:11] | I value my relationship with you. | 我看重你我之间的关系 |
[08:13] | – You do now. – I do. | -你现在是了吗 -是的 |
[08:20] | I’m sorry. I’ve got points, stock. | 抱歉 我明白了 股票 |
[08:24] | If I’m useless, so be it. | 要是我没用了 就这样吧 |
[08:26] | There’s a deck chair somewhere with my name on it. | 至少这张躺椅上还刻有我的名字 |
[08:31] | You’re right, Roger. | 你说得对 罗杰 |
[08:33] | If you’ve lost your appetite, you should retire. | 如果你失去了野心 你就应该退休了 |
[08:36] | Of course, I’ve seen that before, so have you. | 当然 你我都曾经见过这样的事 |
[08:39] | Men my age, even younger– | 人到我这个年纪 甚至更年轻一些 |
[08:41] | They play golf, | 他们沉迷于高尔夫 |
[08:42] | Go on vacation, | 度假狂欢 |
[08:44] | Lose their appetite. | 再也没了野心 |
[08:47] | – In three years… – Join or die? | -三年后… -升天还是入地 |
[08:53] | Jesus, Bert, he was doing better. | 上帝 伯特 他更有说服力 |
[08:57] | You know it’s true. | 你知道我们说的都是实话 |
[08:58] | You’re still gonna outlive me. | 你还是会活得比我长 |
[09:03] | We have to try. | 我们得拼一下 |
[09:08] | So you do want to be in advertising after all. | 所以你真的是想在广告业大展宏图 |
[09:16] | Go upstairs. | 上楼吧 |
[09:18] | – Daddy just got home. – I’ll be up. | -爸爸才回来 -我一会儿也上去 |
[09:29] | Do you want me to go too? | 你想让我也上去吗 |
[09:31] | Please sit down. | 请坐下 |
[09:45] | I made an appointment with a divorce attorney | 我预约了离婚律师 |
[09:47] | And I suggest you do the same. | 我建议你也找一个 |
[09:51] | Come on, Betts. | 别这样 贝蒂 |
[09:53] | What are you doing seeing a lawyer? | 你去找律师干什么 |
[09:55] | I want to be civilized about this. | 我想要和平理智地处理这件事 |
[09:58] | – Please don’t act surprised. – You haven’t been yourself. | -别装作惊讶 -你都不像你了 |
[10:03] | Maybe you need to see a doctor–A good one this time. | 你应该去看看大夫 医术高超的大夫 |
[10:06] | Because I’d have to be sick to want out of this? | 我想摆脱婚姻就说明我有病吗 |
[10:10] | You’ve had a tough couple of weeks. | 你这几周经历了太多的痛苦 |
[10:13] | We all have. | 我们都是 |
[10:20] | I’ve had a tough year. | 我这一年都很痛苦 |
[10:22] | I felt I should tell you rather than | 我觉得我应该当面跟你说清楚 |
[10:24] | just let you get a phone call at work. | 免得你接到律师的电话感到意外 |
[10:26] | Well, forget it. | 省省吧 |
[10:27] | I’m not gonna let you break up this family. | 我不会让你毁了这个家的 |
[10:29] | I didn’t break up this family. | 毁了这个家的人不是我 |
[10:50] | Lane | 莱恩 |
[10:51] | please shut the door and have a seat. | 请你关上门 然后过来坐下 |
[10:55] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[11:04] | We know McCann Erickson bought P.P.L., | 我们知道麦肯公司要收购帕特南鲍威尔洛 |
[11:06] | And we know that makes Sterling Cooper chattel. | 我们也知道斯特林&库珀公司也会被出售 |
[11:09] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你们的 |
[11:11] | Someone outside of this building who knows. | 知情的局外人 |
[11:13] | Well, they’re wrong. | 那么 他们说错了 |
[11:15] | Lane, we’ve worked next to each other for a year. | 莱恩 我们在一起共事一年了 |
[11:18] | Don’t act like a stranger. We’ve got tea. | 别像陌生人一样 我们准备了茶 |
[11:26] | Well, I suppose you’ll find out soon enough, | 我想你们也很快会知道的 |
[11:29] | But your information isn’t completely correct– | 但是你们的消息不是全对… |
[11:31] | Only Sterling Cooper is being sold. | 只有斯特林&库珀公司会被卖掉 |
[11:33] | P.P.L., well, will remain P.P.L. | 帕特南鲍威尔洛公司还是不变 |
[11:36] | That doesn’t change our plans. | 这不会改变我们的计划 |
[11:38] | We want to buy back the company. | 我们要出资买下公司 |
[11:40] | We’re willing to offer the purchase price plus 12%. | 我们在市价基础上加价12% |
[11:46] | It’s worth more than that now. | 现在不止这个价了 |
[11:48] | What did you get? | 那你们开价多少 |
[11:49] | I’m not going to say, but more than that. | 我不能告诉你们 但肯定比那多 |
[11:51] | I apologize you had to find out this way. | 我很抱歉 你们得通过小道消息得知这个决定 |
[11:54] | Believe me, it wasn’t my decision. | 相信我 这不是我的决定 |
[12:01] | I’ve quite enjoyed it here. | 我很喜欢在这里工作 |
[12:10] | Well, they’ve only got me for a year. | 我还有一年的合约期限 |
[12:12] | You for what, three? | 你呢 三年吧 |
[12:14] | We’ll make another run at it. | 我们再试试吧 |
[12:18] | The only grounds for divorce in this state | 只有出现如下情况 本州法律才会允许离婚 |
[12:20] | Are absence of a spouse, incurable insanity, | 配偶失踪 不可愈精神疾病 |
[12:22] | life imprisonment or adultery. | 配偶被判无期徒刑或通奸 |
[12:25] | Well, he hasn’t been faithful. | 他的确对我不忠 |
[12:27] | Do you have any witnesses or corroboration? | 你有证人或证据吗 |
[12:30] | Not really. | 没有 |
[12:31] | It wouldn’t matter anyway with both parties at fault. | 如果双方都有外遇 法律将不适用 |
[12:35] | N-No. We haven’t– we aren’t– | 不不 我们还没有 我们不是 |
[12:38] | Ken. Ken, what are you doing? | 肯 肯 你在干什么 |
[12:40] | You think the governor needs another scandal on the ticket? | 你希望将这事捅出去给州长抹黑吗 |
[12:45] | I am sorry for presuming, Mrs. Draper. That was wrong. | 我为我的冒昧道歉 德雷柏太太 我错了 |
[12:51] | So what do I do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[12:53] | I know it’s hard to understand, | 我知道这可能很难理解 |
[12:54] | But the state of New York doesn’t want anyone to get divorced. | 但是在纽约州不会轻易判离婚 |
[12:57] | That’s why people go to Reno. | 所以人们都去了里诺[内华达州] |
[12:59] | It’s painless. | 在那儿要简单得多 |
[13:02] | I met my second wife. | 我就是这样娶了我的第二任妻子 |
[13:04] | You stay there for six weeks to establish residency. | 你们在那里呆上六周拿到居住权 |
[13:06] | Mr. Draper doesn’t even need to go, just consent. | 德雷柏太太甚至不用去 有批文就行 |
[13:11] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[13:12] | We need to discuss what you want in terms of settlement. | 我们该讨论一下财产分割问题 |
[13:16] | Whatever I’m entitled to. | 我要得到一切属于我的财产 |
[13:19] | Give us a second. | 让我们先谈谈 |
[13:26] | You don’t need what he can provide. | 你不需要他提供任何东西 |
[13:29] | Henry, I have three children. | 亨利 我有三个孩子 |
[13:31] | I’ll take care of them and I’ll take care of you. | 我会照顾好他们 也会好好照顾你 |
[13:35] | I don’t want you owing him anything. | 我不想你欠他任何东西 |
[13:44] | We want to get this done as soon as possible. | 我们希望尽快搞定这件事情 |
[13:47] | Saint John, I’m glad I caught you. | 圣约翰 很高兴联系到你 |
[13:49] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[13:51] | Mr. Sterling, Cooper and Draper have learned of the sale. | 斯特林 库珀和德雷柏听说公司出售的事了 |
[13:54] | What do they know? | 他们知道多少 |
[13:55] | It was a mixture of truth and half truth. | 道听途说 半真半假 |
[13:57] | They knew about McCann, but they were under the belief | 他们知道麦肯公司的收购计划 但是他们以为 |
[13:59] | That P.P.L. was being sold as well. | 帕特南鲍威尔洛公司也要出售了 |
[14:02] | – And what did you tell them? – That they were wrong. | -那你怎么跟他们说的 -我说他们错了 |
[14:04] | They even wanted to bid for Sterling Cooper– | 他们还想要买回斯特林&库珀公司 |
[14:07] | 12% above our purchase price. | 在买入价的基础上加价12% |
[14:12] | Listen, I apologize, Lane. | 听着 我得道歉 莱恩 |
[14:15] | Obviously the news is getting out. | 看来消息已经走漏了 |
[14:18] | What news? | 什么消息 |
[14:19] | P.P.L. is being sold as well. | 帕特南鲍威尔洛公司也要被卖掉了 |
[14:22] | What? Why wasn’t I told? | 什么 怎么没人告诉我 |
[14:25] | Didn’t seem pertinent. | 没有找到合适的时机 |
[14:27] | Trying to keep our company calm as well as theirs. | 这是为了避免引起双方公司内部的恐慌 |
[14:30] | Well, where’s my place in this? | 那我该何去何从 |
[14:32] | With McCann, I suppose. | 我想你要去麦肯公司了吧 |
[14:35] | There there, Lane. | 冷静 莱恩 |
[14:36] | They know you’re essential to the transition. | 他们知道你对公司顺利转手的重要性 |
[14:39] | And then what? | 那又怎么样 |
[14:40] | You’ll prove yourself irreplaceable. | 你会证明你自己是不可取代的 |
[14:42] | You always do. | 你一直都能 |
[14:45] | Lane. | 莱恩 |
[14:49] | Yes? | 什么 |
[14:50] | Don’t be disheartened. | 别灰心丧气 |
[14:52] | I’ll put in a good word for you. | 我会为你美言的 |
[14:55] | – Thank you. – No, thank you. | -多谢 -不 谢谢你 |
[15:39] | We’ve got a month till winter, | 还有一个月就到冬天了 |
[15:41] | then we’ll be set. | 然后一切都会好起来的 |
[15:42] | This is what I showed the man from the bank today. | 今天银行的人过来 我说这是我们全部的家底 |
[15:46] | What are they gonna do, sell this place? | 他们能怎么做 把我们的房子卖了吗 |
[15:48] | The bank’s gonna get their payday right after me. | 我一有钱就会偿还银行贷款的 |
[15:53] | We got nothing and we’re about to have less. | 我们一无所有 而且情况还会更糟 |
[15:55] | Fine! | 好吧 |
[15:57] | I’ll sell. I’ll sell my crop for nothing. | 我去卖了 我把谷物都贱卖了 |
[16:02] | Dick. | 迪克 |
[16:03] | – What are you doing? – I’ll drive it to Chicago tonight. | -你要干什么去 -我今晚开车到芝加哥 |
[16:07] | You’re drunk. | 你喝多了 |
[16:15] | Go. He can barely stand. | 去吧 他都快站不住了 |
[16:19] | Calm down. | 冷静 |
[16:23] | Here. | 到这儿来 |
[16:26] | Calm down. | 冷静 |
[16:30] | It ain’t gonna rain. | 不会下雨的 |
[16:49] | Pa! Daddy! Daddy! | 爸 爸爸 爸爸 |
[17:28] | Your guests have arrived. | 您的客人到了 |
[17:33] | Close the door. Have a seat. | 关门 请坐 |
[17:36] | What’s he doing here? | 他在这里干吗 |
[17:37] | You gonna read us your will? I want the Cadillac. | 你要宣布遗嘱吗 我要你那辆卡迪拉克 |
[17:40] | I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[17:42] | And I thought, why don’t we go to McCann directly? | 然后我想 为什么我们不直接去找麦肯公司 |
[17:46] | Because you can’t. It’s done. | 因为你不能 交易已经结束了 |
[17:48] | – You’re not even gonna ask? – I did, yesterday. | -你连问都懒得去问吗 -我问了 昨天 |
[17:52] | And you were right– P.P.L. is being sold, | 你说的对 帕特南鲍威尔洛公司也要被出售 |
[17:55] | So it seems we’re all going to McCann. | 看来我们都得去麦肯公司了 |
[17:57] | They cut you loose. | 他们把你甩了 |
[17:59] | I want you to find out what the price was and give us a shot. | 我希望你去打探一下价钱 我们可以来个最后一搏 |
[18:02] | Enough. | 够了 |
[18:04] | I should fire you for even trying to involve me in this conspiracy. | 你们居然想拉我入伙 我应该直接把你开了 |
[18:06] | Go ahead. It’s the only thing you did well here. | 开吧 你除了开人还会干什么 |
[18:08] | Don, let it go. | 唐 算了 |
[18:10] | I did a great many things here. | 我在这里干了很多了不起的事 |
[18:14] | Have another. It’s 9:30 for god’s sake. | 接着吵啊 才9:30呢 |
[18:20] | Jes, that’s right. | 上帝啊 说的对 |
[18:24] | You have absolute authority to fire anyone. | 你绝对有权利炒了任何人 |
[18:30] | Fire us. | 炒了我们吧 |
[18:34] | Fire us. Sever our contracts. Let us go. | 炒了我们 终止合同 放我们走 |
[18:39] | – Can you do that? – Why would I? | -你能做到吗 -我为什么要这样做 |
[18:42] | Because once this sale goes through, | 因为一旦你的公司被出售 |
[18:44] | You’ll be thrown overboard | 你就会被他们甩掉 |
[18:45] | and you’ll be a corpse knocking against their hull. | 你对他们来说简直如同怨鬼幽灵 |
[18:47] | Nothing good ever came from seeking revenge. | 寻仇报复可没有什么好处 |
[18:49] | Nonsense. We’ll make you a partner. | 胡扯 我们让你当合伙人 |
[18:55] | I should think this is worth more than that. | 这好像还不够吧 |
[18:59] | So we’re negotiating. We’ll put your name on the door. | 我们还有商量的余地 我们会给你间办公室 |
[19:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:04] | – Do you know how to do what he does? – I don’t. | -你知道怎么做他的工作吗 -我不懂 |
[19:15] | It could be done, but getting you– | 这倒是可行 但是把你们… |
[19:18] | Us out of here isn’t the difficult part. | 我们弄出去不是最难的部分 |
[19:22] | We need accounts. | 我们需要客户 |
[19:24] | Let’s say we have Lucky Strike. | 我们有幸福时光香烟 |
[19:27] | And although that’s, let’s see, $23 million in Billings– | 即便如此 我们看看 2300万的资产 |
[19:31] | 24. | 2400万 |
[19:32] | We’d still need another third for cash flow. | 我们还需要另外3笔新业务做流动资金 |
[19:35] | I can’t take anyone else | 我不能再负责别的客户了 |
[19:37] | or Lee Garner sr. Won’t think that he’s special. | 这样老李·加勒就感受不到独家待遇了 |
[19:39] | – What about Hilton? – No. | -希尔顿怎么样 -不行 |
[19:42] | Can we get any of our other accounts? | 我们还能得到哪些客户 |
[19:45] | We’ll get them. | 我们会争取到的 |
[19:47] | If I were to send a telex in at noon today | 如果我今天中午发电报 |
[19:49] | That you’ve all been sacked, | 说你们都被解雇了 |
[19:51] | It’s after close of business in London. | 伦敦那边正好是结业时间 |
[19:53] | It would remain unnoticed until Monday morning there– | 可能直到星期一早上才会有人注意到 |
[19:56] | 2:00 A.M. here. | 也就是这边的凌晨2点 |
[19:58] | That gives us today and the weekend | 我们有今天和周末的时间 |
[20:00] | To first gather accounts | 首先要召集客户 |
[20:02] | and then a skeleton staff to service them. | 然后让公司骨干成员提供最好的服务 |
[20:05] | And of course we would have to obtain all the materials | 当然我们还必须拿到所有法律文件 |
[20:08] | required for continuity of service. | 以确保公司可以继续运作 |
[20:10] | Obtain? We heve to steal everything. | “拿到” 那些材料我们得去偷出来 |
[20:16] | Anyone approached must be a certainty. | 我们只能联系那些可靠的人 |
[20:19] | If news spreads, they’ll lock us out. | 如果消息泄露 我们的计划会彻底粉碎 |
[20:27] | Do we vote or something? | 我们需要投票还是别的什么 |
[20:34] | Well, gentlemen, I suppose you’re fired. | 好的 先生们 我想你们被炒了 |
[20:41] | We’ll, it’s official. | 下面是正式通告 |
[20:43] | Friday, December 13th, 1963– | 1963年12月13日星期五 |
[20:47] | Four guys shot their own legs off. | 4位壮士自断其臂 |
[20:52] | Allison, Mr. Pryce has requested an office-wide memo | 艾莉森 普莱斯先生要求发布全员通知 |
[20:54] | “the office is closed this weekend.” | “本周末办公室一律关闭” |
[20:56] | “All work is suspended. Carpet cleaning.” | “所有工作暂停 进行地毯清洗” |
[20:58] | Can you get me Mr. Campbell? | 你能把坎贝尔先生叫来吗 |
[21:00] | He didn’t come in today. He’s sick. | 他病了 今天没来上班 |
[21:02] | Call his house. It’s important. | 打到他家 紧急事件 |
[21:03] | Peggy, my office. | 佩奇 到我办公室来 |
[21:09] | What do I bring? | 我犯事儿了吗 |
[21:14] | Shut the door. Sit down. | 关门 坐下 |
[21:21] | I know we have to roll out Western Union by New Year’s. | 我知道我们必须在新年之前搞定西部联盟的广告 |
[21:24] | I don’t have art. There’s no one there. | 我没有插图 美术部没人 |
[21:27] | They’re selling the company. | 他们要将公司出售了 |
[21:29] | Again? | 又卖 |
[21:31] | I’m starting a new agency. | 我要成立新公司了 |
[21:33] | I need you here Sunday evening to get your things | 我要你周日晚上到这儿来收你的东西 |
[21:35] | And to help us collect whatever accounts we end up taking. | 帮我们收集拉到的客户 |
[21:38] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[21:41] | Who else is going? | 还有谁会一起 |
[21:43] | – Why do you need to know that? – Because it’s important. | -你为何要问这个 -因为这很重要 |
[21:46] | I can’t tell you. Peggy, we are being bought my McCann. | 我不能告诉你 佩奇 我们正被麦肯公司收购 |
[21:50] | Do you know what that means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[21:52] | You just assume I’ll do whatever you say… | 你以为我会对你言听计从… |
[21:56] | Just follow you like some nervous poodle. | 像无知的小狗一样跟着你 |
[22:01] | – I’m not going to beg you. – Beg me? You didn’t even ask me. | -我不会求你的 -求我 你问都没问 |
[22:06] | Fine, I’m asking you. | 好吧 我现在问你 |
[22:10] | I’ve had other offers, you know, | 你知道 我还有别的选择 |
[22:13] | That came with a sales pitch about opportunity. | 我有的是机会 |
[22:17] | Everyone thinks you do all my work. | 大家都认为我的工作是你完成的 |
[22:22] | Even you. | 甚至你也一样 |
[22:27] | I don’t want to make a career out of being there | 我可不想跟着你创业 |
[22:30] | So you can kick me when you fail. | 你万一失败 就会把我一脚踢开 |
[22:34] | I guess I’ll have to talk to Kurt and Smitty. | 我看我得去找库特和斯密特谈了 |
[22:37] | I guess so. | 我想也是 |
[22:50] | Where the hell are my pajamas? | 我睡衣他妈的哪儿去了 |
[22:52] | Will you please relax? | 你能不能放松点儿 |
[22:55] | Trudy, I called in sick today because I had my interview with Ogilvy. | 特鲁迪 我今天装病请假去奥美公司面试 |
[22:59] | – I have to look sick. – You do. | -我得显现出一些病态 -你装得很像 |
[23:12] | What a pleasant surprise. | 真是让人惊喜 |
[23:15] | Sorry to drop in. | 抱歉 贸然来访 |
[23:17] | – How are you? – Better than my husband. | -你怎么样 -比我老公好 |
[23:20] | And how are you? We’ve been calling all day. | 那你呢 我们打了一天的电话 |
[23:23] | – May I take your coats? – We’re fine. | -需要我帮你拿外套吗 -不用了 |
[23:29] | I’m going to change the sheets. | 我去换床单 |
[23:43] | Is everything okay? | 有什么事吗 |
[23:44] | McCann bought P.P.L. and us. | 麦肯公司将我们和帕特南鲍威尔洛一起收购了 |
[23:47] | – What? Again? – We need to talk to you. | -什么 又卖了 -我们得找你谈谈 |
[23:51] | – It’s serious. – We’re not firing you. | -这很重要 -我们不是要开除你 |
[23:54] | Oh, am I getting a few more adjectives added to my title? | 我的头衔前会多几个无用的形容词吗 |
[23:59] | Don’t bother. I have other plans. | 别麻烦了 我自有打算 |
[24:02] | Peter, may I speak to you for a moment? | 皮特 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[24:07] | Pete, we’re starting a new agency. | 皮特 我们要成立新公司 |
[24:11] | We’re here to talk to you about joining us. | 我们想跟你谈谈 看你是否有意加入 |
[24:14] | Wait a minute. They’re letting you go? | 等等 他们愿意终止你们的合同吗 |
[24:17] | Keep it to yourself, but I’m taking American Tobacco. | 你必须保密 我要带走美国烟草公司 |
[24:20] | We need another $7-$10 million in billings for cash flow or something. | 我们还缺700-1000万的流动资金 |
[24:25] | What do you have in your saddlebag so far? | 你私藏了哪些客户 |
[24:28] | I don’t have a saddlebag. | 我可没私藏什么客户 |
[24:30] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[24:32] | Pete, i don’t blame you for bailing out the way | 皮特 你在公司受到那样的待遇 |
[24:34] | you’ve been treated. | 我不怪你想要叛逃 |
[24:37] | So Kenny turned you down? | 你们一定是被肯尼拒绝了才来找我的吧 |
[24:39] | We haven’t spoken to Ken… yet. | 我们没去找肯 现在还没有 |
[24:42] | And yes, we want your accounts, | 当然 我们需要你的客户 |
[24:43] | but we also want your talent. | 但我们也需要你杰出的才能 |
[24:45] | Really? And what are my talents? | 是吗 我有什么杰出的才能 |
[24:49] | You’ll do what it takes. | 你为了成功可以不择手段 |
[24:51] | No, I want to hear it from him. | 不 我要听他说 |
[24:59] | It’s not hard for me to say, Pete. | 要我说并不难 皮特 |
[25:02] | You saw this coming, we didn’t. | 你预见了这事的到来 我们却没有 |
[25:05] | In fact, you’ve been ahead on a lot of things | 事实上很多事情你都走在前面 |
[25:09] | Aeronautics, teenagers, the negro market. | 航空领域 青少年市场 黑人市场 |
[25:14] | We need you to keep us looking forward. | 我们需要你的高瞻远瞩 |
[25:20] | I do, anyway. | 反正我很需要你 |
[25:24] | I want to be a partner and I want my name in the lobby. | 我想成为合伙人 名字写在大厅里 |
[25:30] | There’s not gonna be a lobby. | 我们不会造一个大厅的 |
[25:40] | North American Aviation, Secor laxatives, | 北美航空 赛可通便剂 |
[25:42] | Gillette, Jai Alai, maybe Pampers– | 吉列 回力球 可能还有帮宝适 |
[25:46] | That’s close to $8 million already. | 光是这些客户已经差不多800万了 |
[25:49] | I don’t think you get conditions. | 我觉得你们不是很了解状况 |
[25:51] | We’ll make you a partner if you can deliver by Sunday. | 如果你周日前能拿下这些客户 就可以当合伙人 |
[25:54] | Sunday? | 周日 |
[25:55] | We’ll leave the name and the title as a goal. | 我们会把名字和头衔当放在那儿 |
[25:58] | Like it or not, that works with you. | 至于喜不喜欢 那就是你的事了 |
[26:02] | I’d like to say I’ll think about it, | 我想我会考虑的 |
[26:03] | But I don’t think that’s an option, is it? | 但我觉得我别无选择了 不是吗 |
[26:13] | I’m not really sick. | 我不是真的病了 |
[26:19] | Welcome aboard. | 欢迎加入 |
[26:24] | – Good night, Trudy. – Good night, gentlemen. | -晚安 特鲁迪 -晚安 先生们 |
[26:28] | – What if I come up short? – That’s not an option. | -如果我无法完成任务呢 -你别无选择 |
[26:33] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[26:41] | I want you to call Hubert Adams as Secor. | 我要你打电话给赛可公司的休伯特·亚当斯 |
[26:44] | His number’s in my Rolodex. | 他的号码在我的名片夹里 |
[26:45] | I threw it under the bed. Try him at home. | 我扔床底下了 给他家里打 |
[26:48] | Tell him I’ll meet him at the St. Regis at 7:30 | 告诉他7:30在瑞吉酒店见面 |
[26:50] | And sound like a secretary. | 你要装成秘书的身份 |
[26:53] | I have to get dressed. | 我得去穿衣服 |
[27:01] | I can’t believe he was gonna leave. | 我真不敢相信他打算离开 |
[27:02] | That little shit. | 小混蛋 |
[27:07] | Look, they still have a picture of Kennedy up. | 看 上面还挂着肯尼迪的照片 |
[27:10] | Although, what are they gonna do, | 是啊 要不怎么办 |
[27:12] | Take it down and put up Lyndon Johnson? | 弄下来换成林顿·约翰逊的吗 |
[27:16] | Not in this place. | 别在这儿说 |
[27:18] | I’ve acted like I’ve started a business my whole life, | 我的事业 我一直表现的像是我一手创立的 |
[27:21] | But I inherited it. | 但其实我是子承父业 |
[27:26] | I need an attorney. | 我需要个律师 |
[27:30] | Divorce. | 离婚 |
[27:33] | So it’s true, huh? | 所以传闻是真的了 |
[27:37] | – What are you talking about? – Henry Francis. | -你说什么呢 -亨利·弗朗西斯 |
[27:42] | Who? | 谁 |
[27:44] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[27:47] | Right when things were almost normal. | 我不该在这时候说的 |
[27:49] | I need you to tell me what you know. | 你要你告诉我到底是怎么一回事 |
[27:52] | Margaret’s friends with his daughter. | 玛格丽特是他女儿的朋友 |
[27:55] | – Are they sleeping together? – I don’t know. | -他们上床了吗 -我不知道 |
[28:00] | It came from his daughter. | 是他女儿说的 |
[28:02] | He talks about her. | 他谈论她 |
[28:06] | It sounds like it’s serious. | 听起来像是认真的 |
[28:09] | I was gonna tell you– | 我本来要告诉你的… |
[28:10] | No, I wasn’t. | 不 我没打算 |
[28:12] | I thought you knew. | 我以为你已经知道了呢 |
[28:15] | I’m sorry I told you. | 对不起 我告诉了你 |
[28:18] | Believe me. | 相信我 |
[28:33] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[28:44] | – Wake up. – Shh, he’s sleeping. | -醒醒 -嘘 他在睡觉呢 |
[28:48] | I don’t care. Who the hell is Henry Francis? | 我不在乎 亨利·弗朗西斯是他妈的谁 |
[28:54] | No one. | 谁也不是 |
[28:57] | Stop it. Stop it! | 住手 住手 |
[28:59] | – Who the hell is he? – Why do you care? | -他妈的到底是谁 -你问这个干嘛 |
[29:03] | Because you’re good and everyone else in the world is bad. | 因为这个世界除了你 再也没有好人 |
[29:06] | You’re drunk. | 你喝多了 |
[29:07] | You’re so hurt, so brave with your little white nose in the air. | 你心中伤痕累累 却整天装得如无其事 |
[29:12] | All along you’ve been building a life raft. | 其实你一直在为自己准备后路 |
[29:14] | Get out. | 出去 |
[29:16] | – You never forgave me. – Forgave what? | -你从来就没有原谅过我 -原谅你什么 |
[29:20] | That I’ve never been enough? | 我一个人对你来说还不够吗 |
[29:22] | You got everything you ever wanted– Everything! | 你已经得到你要的一切了…一切 |
[29:25] | And you loved it. | 你也曾深爱这一切 |
[29:26] | And now I’m not good enough for some spoiled mainline brat? | 我现在又配不上你这宠坏的富家小姐吗 |
[29:29] | That’s right! | 是的 |
[29:32] | You won’t get a nickel. | 你什么也别想得到 |
[29:36] | And I’ll take the kids. | 抚养权归我 |
[29:38] | God knows they’ll be better off. | 我会让他们过得更好 |
[29:40] | I’m going to Reno, | 我要搬去里诺 |
[29:41] | you’re going to consent and that’s the end of this. | 你必须签同意书 一切都结束了 |
[29:44] | Don’t threaten me. I know all about you. | 别威胁我 我对你知根知底 |
[29:50] | You’re a whore. | 你是个婊子 |
[29:55] | You know that? | 你知道吗 |
[30:16] | I want you out of the house. | 你想你滚出这个家 |
[30:27] | Hold the elevator. | 按住电梯 |
[30:34] | – They called you in, too? – Yes, they did. | -他们也叫你了吗 -是的 |
[30:42] | – I’ll admit it– I’m a little scared. – Of what? | -我承认 我有点吓到了 -为什么 |
[30:48] | – Why are you here? – I don’t know. | -你来公司干什么 -我不知道 |
[30:51] | Cooper called me. | 库珀叫我来的 |
[30:53] | First they’re cleaning the carpets, now they’re not. | 之前说是要清洗地毯 后来又取消了 |
[30:55] | – Why are you here? – Um, work. | -你来公司干嘛 -工作 |
[31:04] | Hey, everybody, Harry Crane is here. | 嘿 各位 哈里·克雷恩来了 |
[31:08] | Relax, Pete, we’re expecting him. | 冷静 皮特 我们也在等他呢 |
[31:11] | What’s going on? Why are you here? | 怎么了 为什么你也在这儿 |
[31:15] | I’m sorry, what’s going on? | 抱歉问一下 到底怎么了 |
[31:18] | P.P.L. has been sold to McCann. | 麦肯公司收购了帕特南鲍威尔洛 |
[31:20] | We’re starting a new agency. | 我们要另起炉灶 |
[31:21] | We’d like you to join us as our new head of media. | 我们希望你加入我们 做媒体部的主管 |
[31:27] | – Are you kidding? – Yes. Yes, we are. | -你开玩笑呢吧 -是的 我们开玩笑呢 |
[31:29] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[31:32] | We need your answer. | 我们需要你的答复 |
[31:36] | I should really call my wife. | 我得问问我妻子 |
[31:38] | Mr. Crane– Harry, | 克雷恩先生 哈里 |
[31:41] | This matter is secret and time sensitive. | 这是秘密会议 而且现在是敏感时期 |
[31:44] | If you turned us down | 如果你拒绝我们 |
[31:46] | and elect to be a mid-level cog at McCann Erickson, | 甘愿去麦肯公司当一个普通的工薪阶层 |
[31:52] | We’ll have to lock you in the storeroom until morning. | 我们就得把你锁进储藏室 直到明天早上 |
[31:57] | I’m sure you understand. | 我相信你能理解 |
[32:01] | Pete. | 皮特 |
[32:03] | We were hoping you could decipher these job sheets. | 我们希望你能破解一下这些工作记录 |
[32:05] | Where exactly are these materials? | 那些材料到底在哪儿 |
[32:08] | I never look at these. | 我从来没看到过 |
[32:12] | Can’t we just take everything? | 我们不能拿走一切吗 |
[32:15] | That’s good thinking, but we don’t know where anything is. | 这想法很好 但我们不知道一切材料在哪儿 |
[32:18] | No one knows how this works? | 没人知道该怎么做吗 |
[32:21] | Let me make a phone call. | 让我打个电话 |
[32:22] | – I’ll take care of this. – No. No more conspirators. | -我来搞定 -别再找人了 |
[32:24] | I’ll be discreet. | 我会小心的 |
[32:29] | Where’s Don? | 唐哪儿去了 |
[32:36] | What did we do? | 我们做错什么了 |
[32:39] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[32:41] | Then why are we in the living room? | 那我们都坐在客厅干什么 |
[32:45] | We want to tell you something because– | 我们要告诉你一些事情 |
[32:49] | Well, it’s going to be a little bit of a change. | 家里会有些变化 |
[32:52] | Your father is going to be moving out. | 你们的爸爸会搬走 |
[32:58] | Now, we’ll still be living here and he’ll come to visit. | 我们还会住在这里 他会来看望你们 |
[33:04] | Then why is he going? | 那他为什么要离开 |
[33:07] | Because… | 因为… |
[33:14] | It’ll just be temporary. | 这只是暂时的 |
[33:17] | Like when you lived in the hotel? | 就好像你之前住在酒店那样吗 |
[33:19] | – Yes. – It’ll be different. | -是的 -会有些不同 |
[33:25] | Is it because I lost your cufflinks? | 是因为我把你的袖扣弄丢了吗 |
[33:27] | No, it has nothing to do with you. | 不 这与你们无关 |
[33:33] | That’s not what I mean. | 我不是那个意思 |
[33:37] | I love you both. You know that. | 我爱你们俩 你们知道的 |
[33:41] | Then why are you going? | 那你为什么还要离开 |
[33:45] | I’m not going. | 我不会离开的 |
[33:48] | I’m just…living elsewhere. | 我只是 住在别处 |
[33:51] | That’s going. | 那就是离开 |
[33:53] | You say things and you don’t mean them. | 你说的话总是做不到 |
[33:55] | – You can’t just do that. – Sally, sweetheart– | -你不能这样 -萨丽 亲爱的 |
[33:59] | – Go away. – Sally, stop it. | -走开 -萨丽别这样 |
[34:03] | You said you’d always come home. | 你说你会一直回家的 |
[34:08] | I will. | 我会的 |
[34:12] | It’s just a different home. | 那会是个不一样的家 |
[34:17] | Will you be here for Christmas? | 圣诞节你会在吗 |
[34:20] | You’ll get to have two Christmases. | 你们会过两个圣诞节的 |
[34:21] | I only want one. | 我只想要一个 |
[34:23] | Did you make him leave? | 是你让他走的吗 |
[34:27] | No. We both decided. | 不是 我们共同决定的 |
[34:29] | You made him sleep in Gene’s room, and it’s scary in there. | 你让他睡在吉恩的房间 那里很吓人 |
[34:32] | Listen to me, both of you. | 都听我说 你们两个 |
[34:35] | I will be here. | 我不会离开的 |
[34:37] | You can call me, I will answer and I will be here. | 你们可以打电话给我 我会接的 |
[34:40] | – Sally. Sally. – Let her go. | -萨丽 萨丽 -让她去吧 |
[34:43] | Please don’t go. I don’t want you to. | 求你别走 我不想你走 |
[34:57] | Nobody wants to do this. | 没人想这样 |
[35:02] | I need you to be a big boy. | 我要你成为一个小男子汉 |
[35:26] | – You look awful. – Can I come in? | -你看起来很糟糕 -我能进来吗 |
[35:43] | Do you want anything? | 你有什么需要吗 |
[35:47] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我有 |
[35:53] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[35:58] | I’ve taken you for granted and I’ve been hard on you, | 我一直无视你的存在 一直对你很苛刻 |
[36:05] | But only because I think | 我想 那是因为 |
[36:06] | I see you as an extension of myself. | 很多时候我都把你当做自我的延伸 |
[36:12] | And you’re not. | 可你毕竟不是 |
[36:15] | Well, thank you for stopping by. | 那么 多谢你来访 |
[36:17] | Please. Sit down. | 请坐下 |
[36:29] | Do you know why I don’t want to go to McCann? | 你知道我为什么不想去麦肯吗 |
[36:32] | Because you can’t work for anyone else. | 因为你不想屈居人下 |
[36:36] | No. | 不 |
[36:40] | Because there are people out there who buy things, | 因为世界上有很多人 他们要买东西 |
[36:43] | People like you and me, | 像你我一样的人 |
[36:47] | And something happened– | 然后发生了一些事 |
[36:50] | Something terrible. | 一些可怕的事 |
[36:56] | And the way that they saw themselves… | 而他们看待自己的方式… |
[37:03] | Is gone. | 不复存在了 |
[37:10] | And nobody understands that. | 没人理解这一点 |
[37:15] | But you do. | 但是你理解 |
[37:21] | And that’s very valuable. | 这很难得 |
[37:27] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[37:31] | With you or without you, I’m moving on. | 有没有你 我都会继续 |
[37:38] | And I don’t know if I can do it alone. | 而我不知道我能不能独自撑下去 |
[37:44] | Will you help me? | 你能帮我吗 |
[37:55] | What if I say no? | 如果我说不呢 |
[37:59] | You’ll never speak to me again. | 你就再也不和我说话了吗 |
[38:04] | No. | 不会的 |
[38:07] | I will spend the rest of my life trying to hire you. | 我会用我的余生来劝你为我工作 |
[38:23] | Mrs. Harris, what a pleasure to see you. | 哈里斯太太 见到你太高兴了 |
[38:26] | – What is she doing here? – I said I’d be discreet. | -她来这儿干嘛 -我说了我会谨慎的 |
[38:30] | Tell them what to do. | 告诉他们怎么做 |
[38:31] | I made a list and I called some movers. | 我列了个名单 还打电话给一些搬家公司 |
[38:33] | Can you read these? Do you know where this stuff is? | 你能读懂这个吗 你知道这些都在那儿吗 |
[38:35] | Yes. Of course you’ll need the job bags on all these accounts. | 是的 你们必定需要这些客户的资料袋 |
[38:39] | We’ll also need logo files, | 我们还需要商标文件 |
[38:40] | all the film we can find | 还有我们能找到的所有胶片 |
[38:42] | And negatives which aren’t actually here. | 还有所有底片 当然那些不在这里 |
[38:44] | There you go. | 看看 |
[38:45] | – Very good. Now I can pack. – Sorry I’m late. | -非常好 我现在可以打包了 -对不起我迟到了 |
[38:51] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[38:54] | Joan. | 琼 |
[38:55] | What a good idea. | 棋高一着啊 |
[38:57] | Well, you’re here. Who did you bring? | 你来了啊 带来了哪些客户 |
[38:59] | North American aviation, Secor, Jai alai, samsonite. | 北美航空 赛可通便剂 回力球 新秀丽 |
[39:04] | – Clearasil. – Really? | -还有克利拉思 -真的吗 |
[39:07] | I made it. | 我做到了 |
[39:09] | Where do we start? | 我们从哪里开始 |
[39:11] | Well, I’d start in the art department. | 我们从美术部开始 |
[39:13] | It’s locked. | 上锁了 |
[39:22] | Great. | 太好了 |
[39:28] | I’ll start in my office.. | 我从我的办公室开始 |
[39:34] | Joanie, I can’t read your writing. | 琼 我看不懂你的字 |
[39:38] | It’s perfectly clear–“correspondence”. | 相当清楚的 信件 |
[39:44] | Oh, I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[39:46] | – Peggy, can you get me some coffee? – No. | -佩奇 能拿点儿咖啡来吗 -不 |
[39:53] | Did you wash your hands? | 你洗手了吗 |
[39:58] | Hold the elevator. | 按住电梯 |
[40:02] | Greg is going to kill me. | 格雷格会杀了我的 |
[40:05] | I’m at the Roosevelt, | 我暂住罗斯福酒店 |
[40:06] | but I’ll need you to find me an apartment. | 但是我需要你替我找间公寓 |
[40:08] | – Furnished? – For the time being. | -全部装修的吗 -只是临时住处 |
[40:11] | Sorry. Good night. | 抱歉 晚安 |
[40:21] | Go ahead, fellas. | 继续 兄弟们 |
[40:37] | How long do you think it’ll take us to be in a place like this again? | 你觉得我们得花多久才能再拥有这样一个地方 |
[40:43] | I never saw myself working in a place like this. | 我从没发现原来自己在这样的地方工作 |
[41:02] | Don’t bother. | 别麻烦了 |
[41:24] | We’ve been robbed! | 我们被洗劫了 |
[41:27] | He’s waiting on the line. It’s his third attempt. | 他在线等着呢 打了三次了 |
[41:32] | Saint John, how are you? | 圣约翰 你怎么样啊 |
[41:34] | What in god’s name is going on over there? | 老天啊 你那里到底怎么回事 |
[41:37] | I think at this point it should be very clear. | 我想这点看起来很明显 |
[41:40] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[41:42] | You’re fired for costing this company millions of pounds. | 你被炒 因为你让公司损失了数百万英镑 |
[41:44] | You’re fired for insubordination! | 你被炒 因为你拒绝服从命令 |
[41:46] | You’re fired for lack of character! | 你被炒 因为你品质低下 道德败坏 |
[41:49] | Very good. Happy Christmas. | 太好了 圣诞节愉快 |
[41:52] | Mr. Hooker. I’ve been sacked. | 胡克先生 我被抄了 |
[41:56] | Please have my office and things | 请把我办公室的个人物品 |
[41:57] | put in storage at this address. | 送到位于这个地址的仓库里 |
[41:58] | – What’s happened?- You’re a sharp boy. You’ll figure it out. | -发生什么事了 -你很聪明 你会明白的 |
[42:04] | So let’s see. I have Peggy and Pete sharing the desk. | 让我看看 佩奇和皮特共用这个桌子 |
[42:08] | Don, we’ll replace one of these couches | 唐 我们得换换这个沙发 |
[42:10] | With a table for you, and we’re adding two additional phone lines. | 给你准备张桌子 我们再增加两通电话 |
[42:13] | Media will be in the bedroom with the television. | 媒体部设在那边的卧室 配有电视 |
[42:16] | Accounts gets the bed. | 床归客户部 |
[42:19] | And no one is to come to this office. | 别把人带到办公室来 |
[42:21] | If you have meetings, please take them elsewhere. | 如果你们要开会 请另找地方 |
[42:23] | I don’t want them in the lobby or the bar of this hotel. | 我不想看到他们在这个酒店的大厅和酒吧 |
[42:30] | Well, look at that. | 好的 看看吧 |
[42:35] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[42:35] | Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. | 斯特林&库珀&德雷柏&普莱斯公司 |
[42:37] | How may I help you? | 你需要什么服务 |
[42:41] | Yes, Harry, it’s room 435. | 是的 哈里 435房间 |
[42:46] | He didn’t leave a note– Nothing. | 他都没有留字条 什么都没有 |
[42:49] | Where is he? | 他去哪儿了 |
[42:50] | I just heard from John Deere– | 我刚刚听约翰·迪尔说… |
[42:52] | Pete tried to poach them on Saturday. | 皮特周六试着将他带走 |
[42:54] | He must have gone with Draper. | 他一定跟德雷柏走了 |
[43:05] | Damn it. | 该死的 |
[43:08] | Sure. Everything is exactly the same. | 是的 一切照旧 |
[43:11] | Don and I will both be on the account. | 唐和我都会负责这个客户 |
[43:14] | Thanks, Bill. Okay, bye bye. | 谢谢你 比尔 好的 拜拜 |
[43:18] | – Hello, everybody. – Lovely, what are you doing here? | -你们好 各位 -亲爱的 你干嘛来了 |
[43:21] | I brought lunch. | 我带午餐来了 |
[43:22] | There’s every kind of sandwich imaginable and a cake. | 这里有各种三明治 还有蛋糕 |
[43:25] | Thank you, Trudy. | 谢谢你 特鲁迪 |
[43:26] | – Isn’t this exciting? – It is. | -真令人激动 -是的 |
[43:31] | This looks great, Trudy. | 看起来真棒 特鲁迪 |
[43:32] | I know how you boys and girls can be. | 我了解你们这些小伙子和小姑娘的口味 |
[43:37] | – There’s food. – Thank god. | -有吃的了 -感谢上帝 |
[43:54] | Draper residence. | 德雷柏住宅 |
[43:59] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[44:05] | I’m not sure where I’m staying right now, | 我不知道我会住哪里 |
[44:06] | but I’ll be working out of the Pierre. | 但我在皮埃尔酒店工作 |
[44:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[44:16] | Listen, Betts, I want you to know I’m not going to fight you. | 是这样 贝蒂 我想告诉你我不会和你争 |
[44:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:31] | I hope you get what you always wanted. | 我希望你得到你想要的 |
[44:37] | You will always be their father. | 你永远是他们的父亲 |
[44:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[44:48] | Well, goodbye. | 那么 再见 |
[44:55] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[45:14] | You know, if you leave your shoes outside the door here, | 你知道 如果你把鞋留在门外 |
[45:17] | somebody polishes them. | 有人会帮你上油的 |
[45:19] | Hello, Don. | 你好 唐 |
[45:21] | How was your morning? | 早上怎么样 |
[45:23] | Very productive. | 非常富有成效 |