时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | Who is Don Draper? | 唐·德雷柏是怎样一个人 |
[00:51] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[00:54] | Who is Don Draper? | 唐·德雷柏是怎样一个人 |
[00:59] | What do men say when you ask that? | 一般人会怎么回答这类问题 |
[01:01] | Well, they usually take a minute to think about it | 他们一般会想上一小会 |
[01:03] | Then they do something cute. | 然后给出个有趣的答案 |
[01:05] | One creative director said he was a lion tamer. | 一个创意总监说自己是个驯狮员 |
[01:09] | I don’t want to do that. | 我没兴趣效仿他们 |
[01:12] | – In the third person? – I don’t know. | -要用第三人称吗 -随便 |
[01:15] | Knockout wife, two kids, house in Westchester. | 貌美的妻子 两个孩子 威彻斯特的房子 |
[01:19] | Take the train… maybe you take your car | 交通工具是火车 有时可能是汽车 |
[01:21] | Now that you can afford it. | 你完全负担得起 |
[01:22] | And who told you that? | 谁告诉你这些的 |
[01:25] | Anything? | 想出答案没 |
[01:27] | I mean, now’s your chance. | 这可是你自我展示的好机会 |
[01:30] | Well, as I said before, I’m from the Midwest. | 如我所说 我来自中西部 |
[01:33] | We were taught that it’s not polite to talk about yourself. | 我们受到的教育是 谈论自己是不礼貌的行为 |
[01:41] | Obviously your glo-coat floor wax commercials | 很明显你的彩衣地板蜡的广告 |
[01:43] | caused a bit of a squeal, | 取得了很不错的反响 |
[01:45] | On the creative side anyway. | 至少创意方面是如此 |
[01:47] | What made you think of this idea? | 你的灵感从何而来呢 |
[01:49] | I wanted it to be indistinguishable from the movies. | 我希望它能达到像电影那样的宣传效果 |
[01:53] | I wanted people to be watching it and say, | 想让观众在观看时发出感慨 |
[01:57] | “What’s happening in the story right now?” | “这故事现在发展到哪一步了” |
[01:59] | Oh, it’s something else. | 哦 原来不是这样啊 |
[02:02] | “It’s not an ad.” | “这不是一则广告” |
[02:06] | At least not for the first 30 seconds of it. | 至少前三十秒不是 |
[02:09] | Very good then. | 如此甚好 |
[02:11] | I think I have all I need. | 采访完毕 |
[02:12] | It’s only a few hundred words, but on the bright side, | 报道只有几百词 不过好消息是 |
[02:15] | The picture may be bigger than the article. | 你照片的版面或许会比文章大 |
[02:17] | Oh, uh, you all should meet. | 容我引见一下 |
[02:19] | This is Jack Hammond from “Advertising age.” | 这位是《广告时代》的杰克·哈蒙德 |
[02:22] | Roger sterling and Pete Campbell. | 这二位是罗杰·斯特林和皮特·坎贝尔 |
[02:23] | I hope we’re not interrupting this crisp | 但愿我们没有叨扰您的雅兴 |
[02:25] | and engaging portrait you’re painting. | 不会妨碍您的访谈大作 |
[02:28] | Steady there. | 稳住 |
[02:33] | – What happened there? – Korea. | -您的腿怎么了 -朝鲜战争 |
[02:36] | We’re grateful for your sacrifice. | 我们对您的牺牲表达无限的敬意 |
[02:39] | – Peter. – Jack. | -皮特 -杰克 |
[02:42] | Well, it’s nice to meet you all. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[02:44] | I’d love to bend your ear when I finish my book. | 我的书写完以后 可能还得去请您赐教呢 |
[02:47] | Certainly. | 客气了 |
[02:49] | Don, it was a pleasure. | 唐 感谢您接受采访 |
[02:50] | – I look forward to the article. – We all do. | -我很期待这篇报道 -大家都是 |
[02:58] | My Uncle lost his leg hitching a trailer. | 我叔叔在乘拖车时摔坏了一条腿 |
[03:02] | Used to ask me to scratch his toes. | 他以前常让我挠他的脚趾 |
[03:04] | – He didn’t have any. – We don’t have time, Roger. | -实际上他根本没有脚趾了 -时间紧迫 罗杰 |
[03:07] | One quick pop, Louise. | 小酌一杯 |
[03:09] | -All right – where is this party? | -好吧 -会面安排在哪里 |
[03:11] | – The Sheraton? – A wooden leg… | -喜来登酒店 -假肢 |
[03:14] | They’re so cheap they can’t even afford a whole reporter. | 他们太穷酸了 连个四肢健全的记者都雇不起 |
[03:21] | I’m Peter Campbell and I’m assuming you’re Jim. | 我是皮特·坎贝尔 我想您就是吉姆了 |
[03:25] | And this must be Murray. | 这位一定是默里了 |
[03:26] | Bob… Murray stayed in Portland. | 我是鲍勃 默里留在波特兰了 |
[03:28] | Too bad. Missing jackhammer season. | 真不巧 他要错过这一季的狂欢了 |
[03:30] | Roger sterling. | 罗杰·斯特林 |
[03:33] | – And you must be Donald draper. – Don. | -你一定就是唐纳德·德雷柏了 -叫我唐 |
[03:36] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[03:39] | We’re very very excited you had time to meet with us, Don. | 唐 您能抽空和我们会面 真是不胜荣幸 |
[03:44] | Murray told us Y&R had done glo-coat. | 默里说彩衣地板蜡的广告是扬&罗必凯公司做的 |
[03:46] | Turns out everybody in New York except him knows it’s you. | 事实证明 除了他 全纽约都知道是你的杰作 |
[03:49] | And I think they’re a little jealous. | 我觉得他们是在嫉妒你 |
[03:53] | Can’t tell who the client is here. | 简直分不清谁主谁宾了 |
[03:56] | I know a little, | 我对你们的情况略知一二 |
[03:57] | but what we need to know… | 不过我们还得知道… |
[03:59] | What Don needs to know is | 唐也还需要了解的是 |
[04:01] | What exactly is your concern? | 你们究竟面临怎样的难题 |
[04:03] | I must say I’m getting tired of saying this today. | 我得说 今天这话题让我不胜其烦 |
[04:06] | Next time just have one meeting. | 不如下次一锤定音吧 |
[04:09] | We at Jantzen have had a steady 25% bite of the apple. | 我们在詹特伦泳装公司有25%的固定股份 |
[04:13] | But the two-piece is most of our concern. | 不过分体式泳衣是我们最关注的部分 |
[04:15] | You have a great bikini. I’ve spent some time with the catalogue | 你们的比基尼极棒 我研究过你们的产品目录 |
[04:19] | and I would say no concerns at all. | 你们完全不必担心 |
[04:21] | It’s not a bikini. | 那不是比基尼 |
[04:24] | A bikini is underwear you wear to the beach. | 比基尼是你去海滩时穿的内衣 |
[04:27] | We make a two-piece bathing suit. | 我们生产的是分体式泳衣 |
[04:30] | We’re a family company. | 我们是家族企业 |
[04:32] | And nowadays it’s tough to make a dent | 如今 如果你的广告不做的花哨一点 |
[04:35] | If your ads don’t look like a girlie magazine. | 就很难抢占市场份额 |
[04:38] | Do you want women who want bikinis to buy your two-piece | 你是希望那些想买比基尼的女人去买你们的分体泳衣 |
[04:41] | Or do you just want to make sure women who want a two-piece | 还是只想确保那些本打算买分体泳衣的女人 |
[04:43] | don’t suddenly buy a bikini? | 不会突然去买比基尼 |
[04:49] | My lord. That question just tied a knot in my brain. | 天啊 这问题我一时还真反应不过来 |
[04:54] | Our competitors get bigger | 我们的对手越发展 |
[04:56] | The smaller they make that swimsuit. | 他们做的泳衣就越暴露 |
[04:59] | We don’t do that. | 我们不想那样做 |
[05:01] | We would like to find a way without playing in the gutter. | 我们希望另辟蹊径 不依靠这种低俗的手法 |
[05:04] | And that’s just who our customers are. | 我们的目标受众也不是那种人 |
[05:06] | Right now. | 暂时而已 |
[05:10] | I love how they sit there | 我就爱他俩坐在那里 |
[05:11] | like a couple of choirboys. | 装得像唱诗班男童一样清纯 |
[05:13] | You know one of them’s leaving New York with V.D. | 等他们离开纽约时 肯定有一个会染上性病 |
[05:17] | Where the hell have you been? | 你跑哪去了 |
[05:19] | – What’s the problem? – Don! | -出什么事了 -唐 |
[05:21] | Can you give me a minute? | 能等我一下吗 |
[05:22] | I don’t mind waiting. | 我无所谓再多等会儿 |
[05:33] | – How’d it go? – Get back to work. | -谈得怎么样 -专心干你的事 |
[05:48] | How was your interview? | 采访进行得如何 |
[05:50] | Count to 100 and buzz me. | 数到一百然后叫我 |
[05:58] | You missed Geoff Atherton. | 你放了杰夫·阿瑟顿的鸽子 |
[06:00] | He came here expressly to see you. | 他专程来这里见你的 |
[06:03] | I’m sorry, I didn’t know he was coming and I don’t know who that is. | 很抱歉 我不知道他是谁 也不知道他要来 |
[06:06] | You have no idea how tiny this place looks to a stranger. | 你无法想象这地方在外人眼里有多小 |
[06:10] | Did you tell him about the second floor? | 你没和他说其实有两层楼吗 |
[06:12] | I refuse to be any part of that charade. | 我才没兴趣编这种谎话 |
[06:16] | I wanted an office downtown. | 我想把办公室设在市中心 |
[06:18] | We overspent. We could have got a lot more for our money. | 但是超支了 本来能拿到更多钱的 |
[06:21] | And we could have had a conference table. | 本来还能买个会议桌 |
[06:23] | Atherton thought the lack of a conference table was deliberate. | 阿瑟顿以为不买会议桌是我们有意为之 |
[06:27] | He felt that a… | 他觉得… |
[06:28] | Circle of chairs demands a conversation. | 众人围坐一圈更易于谈话 |
[06:32] | About why there is no table. | 谈为什么连个会议桌都没有吗 |
[06:38] | They loved you. | 他们喜欢你 |
[06:40] | What exactly is the problem? | 你到底哪里不满意 |
[06:42] | Well, first of all they’re prudes. | 首先 他们太保守了 |
[06:44] | Second of all | 其次 我们离开时 |
[06:45] | Y&R were standing in the hallway when we left. | 扬&罗必凯广告公司的人正准备进去 |
[06:47] | You’ve been on a cattle call before. | 你又不是第一次和人抢客户 |
[06:49] | When the competition was fair. | 那也得是有希望抢到的客户 |
[06:51] | Every hour of my time has to be accounted for | 我在这呆的每一个小时 |
[06:53] | In the growth of this company. | 都得想办法为公司挣钱 |
[06:55] | Get me in a room where I have a chance. | 我不想在这种没希望的事上浪费时间 |
[07:00] | In the end it’s going to come down to big versus small. | 归根结底 这种竞争的实质就是公司大小的较量 |
[07:03] | There’s two firms in the middle. | 处于中间地位的有两家公司 |
[07:04] | Kenyon & Eckhardt, and D’Arcy. | K&E公司和达美高公司 |
[07:06] | They’ll cancel each other out. | 他们会把对方踢出局的 |
[07:07] | Y&R has six floors of creative. | 扬&罗必凯公司的创意人员有六层楼那么多 |
[07:10] | They can throw bodies at this account for weeks. | 他们有打持久战的资本 |
[07:12] | – We don’t have that kind of firepower. – We don’t have to. | -但我们没有 -我们也不需要 |
[07:16] | We’re the scrappy upstart. | 我们的人可以以一挡百 |
[07:18] | You don’t say that to the clients, do you? | 你总不能这么和客户说吧 |
[07:21] | Your accountant is waiting. | 你的会计师来了 |
[07:23] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[07:24] | Creatively, Y&R is not capable of living in this neighborhood. | 论创意 扬&罗必凯公司根本没有任何胜算 |
[07:29] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[07:31] | Because you don’t work there. | 因为他们没有你 |
[07:39] | – John. – Marsha. | -约翰 -玛莎 |
[07:40] | [典出Stan Freberg笔下肥皂剧 通篇对话只有两个名字 此人后来投身广告界 被誉为”喜剧广告之父”] | |
[07:44] | – John. – Marsha. | -约翰 -玛莎 |
[07:46] | John! | 约翰 |
[07:50] | Happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[07:52] | Oooh, my mother’s going to be over the moon. | 我妈妈收到这个一定开心死了 |
[07:54] | Enjoy it. It’s the last thing we’re going to get from them. | 好好享受吧 这是他们留下的最后一份”礼物” |
[07:57] | – What? – Did you kill sugarberry? | -你说什么 -和舒格伯里火腿的合作失败了吗 |
[07:59] | – That’s a third of my work. – Stop jumping to conclusions. | -我三分之一的工作没了 -话别说太早 |
[08:03] | I guess when Kreutzer said they were going to send us all hams | 我想 克鲁兹说要送我们所有人火腿 |
[08:05] | He really meant one in a cardboard box with no note. | 其实是指一小盒 每人一根 而且连个祝福语都没有 |
[08:09] | It’s about as subtle as an atomic bomb. | 难道以为我们都是小人国里出来的吗 |
[08:10] | Maybe they’re cheap. | 说不定他们本来就很小气呢 |
[08:12] | Do you honestly think this is a good sign? | 你真觉得这是个好兆头吗 |
[08:15] | The work was old-fashioned. | 调查工作采用的是传统手段 |
[08:16] | And whose fault is that? | 那是谁的错呢 |
[08:18] | Well, testing at four supermarkets in queens, | 在皇后区的4家超市做市场调研 |
[08:21] | How much were they spending? Nothing. | 他们花了多少钱 一分也没有 |
[08:24] | If the test was a success, they would have gone national | 如果测试是成功的 那应该热销才对 |
[08:26] | And they could be a big account. | 他们可以成为公司的大客户 |
[08:28] | Damn it! | 妈的 |
[08:30] | I thought we were getting on a streak. | 我还以为能成功呢 |
[08:34] | Does this mean I’m down to two days a week? | 这意味着以后我每周只用来两天了吗 |
[08:37] | – Don hated the work. – Put the ham on his desk. | -唐不喜欢那份作品 -那把这火腿放他桌上 |
[08:40] | He’s probably having Thanksgiving dinner alone in there. | 没准儿他正在里面独自庆祝感恩节呢 |
[08:42] | That’s not nice. | 说话别这么刻薄 |
[08:44] | Marsha! | 玛莎 |
[08:46] | I’m serious. | 没和你开玩笑 |
[08:50] | Okay, life insurance policy, it’s a company policy. | 好了 人寿保险方案 这是针对公司的整体方案 |
[08:53] | It pays the company, not the family. | 赔偿额以公司计算 不是以家庭计算 |
[08:56] | What do you think? | 你的意见是 |
[08:57] | It wouldn’t be bad to have a little security for the kids. | 让孩子们有点保障也不是坏事 |
[09:01] | According to this, I’m already a wealthy man. | 根据这来看 我已经很有钱了 |
[09:03] | Uncle Sam will take a healthy bite. | 山姆大叔终于开始关注国民健康了 |
[09:05] | He already has. | 他已经开始行动了 |
[09:07] | And… | 然后 |
[09:10] | The only other issue is the house. | 最后一个是房子问题 |
[09:12] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[09:13] | Well, October 1st she was supposed to be out. | 她本该在十月一号搬出去的 |
[09:17] | It seemed so far away when we agreed to that. | 我都快忘了这事了 |
[09:21] | Get her and him out of there and sell it. | 把他们弄出去 然后把房子卖掉 |
[09:24] | I can call Ben Michaelson and have him draft a doozy. | 我可以致电本·迈克逊 让他编个堂皇的出售理由 |
[09:28] | Start world war III? | 比如第三次世界大战爆发了吗 |
[09:31] | You’re carrying a mortgage, plus insurance and taxes | 你要付按揭 保险 还有税收费用 |
[09:34] | for a house you don’t live in. | 而那房子你自己根本不住 |
[09:38] | Leave it alone. | 别管这事了 |
[09:41] | So how are your balls? Are you enjoying yourself? | 有没有出去寻欢作乐 单身生活还愉快吗 |
[09:45] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[09:47] | I don’t want it like this. I want it like that. | 这样我不喜欢 那样比较好 |
[09:50] | Not too much of that, just a little like this. | 那样又太过了 像这样一点就好 |
[09:52] | And then they look at it and they don’t like it. | 结果成品出来他们又不满意 |
[09:55] | Two of their test markets are in Jewish neighborhoods. | 他们调研的其中两家超市在犹太人居住区 |
[09:56] | They’re idiots. | 真是白痴 |
[09:59] | How much does it cost for us to buy all the product? | 我们买下全部的产品要花多少钱 |
[10:02] | Too much and we’d have to do it every day. | 非常多 而且永远买不完 |
[10:08] | So how much does it cost for us to get | 那找一百个女人排队 |
[10:10] | 100 women to line up at one store, one afternoon, | 一个下午把一间超市的存货 |
[10:14] | Clean them out once? | 一次买光要花多少 |
[10:15] | 100 people? Do you know how big a line that is? | 你知道一百人是什么概念吗 |
[10:18] | People would talk about it. | 这样才能制造话题 |
[10:20] | – It’s a P.R. Stunt. – We don’t do that. | -这属于公关策略 -我们不能这么做 |
[10:22] | – Why not? – Because you can’t charge for it. | -为什么 -因为没人会向我们支付这笔费用 |
[10:26] | So what? | 那又如何 |
[10:28] | Two women fighting over one ham, | 让两个妇女为了最后一根火腿 |
[10:31] | But they have to really fight. | 大动干戈 一定要来真的 |
[10:33] | They have to get arrested or something. | 最好惊动警察把他们逮捕起来什么的 |
[10:35] | Because it’s the last ham. | 就因为那是最后一根火腿 |
[10:38] | We don’t have to write a play. | 我们没必要去写一个剧本 |
[10:39] | It’s Thanksgiving. They’re shopping. The stakes are very high. | 赶上了感恩节 他们要购物 风险很高 |
[10:43] | Old Chuck Dewey could probably get a story | 老查克·杜威或许可以在《每日新报》上 |
[10:44] | in the “Daily News” for a case of something. | 为这种事件报道争取到一小块版面 |
[10:47] | $25 per actress. | 每个演员付25美金 |
[10:48] | We could get Gladys what’s-her-name. | 我们可以雇格拉迪斯 她叫什么来着 |
[10:50] | Who’s the old lady who never takes off her mittens? | 就是那个从来不脱掉手套的老女人 |
[10:52] | – I don’t have any money. – John! | -我可没有钱 -约翰 |
[10:55] | Marsha! | 玛莎 |
[10:56] | I can use my expense account if I say they’re whores. | 如果我说他们是妓女 或许还可以报销 |
[10:59] | Top-shelf liquor, what’s that gonna run? | 高档酒是用什么方式宣传的 |
[11:02] | Harry gets a case a month | 哈里每个月都能拿到一个广告案 |
[11:03] | for sticking his nose up some guy’s ass at N.B.C. | 就因为他善于拍电视台的人的马屁 |
[11:07] | Should I run it by Don? | 需要向唐报告此事吗 |
[11:08] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[11:11] | We’ll see. I’ll call casting. | 再说吧 我去给演员打电话 |
[11:21] | Oh, good, I got you when you’re vulnerable. | 终于让我看到你身心疲惫的时候了 |
[11:27] | What do you need? | 你要做什么 |
[11:28] | Someone white to carve our Turkey. | 找个人一起过感恩节 |
[11:30] | I can’t, Roger. I have plans. | 我不行 罗杰 我有安排了 |
[11:33] | You told me that. | 你跟我说过 |
[11:34] | Then you told me you had the kids the day after. | 你还告诉我你第二天要去看孩子 |
[11:37] | But you never said no to Jane’s friend Bethany. | 但是你从未拒绝过简的朋友贝瑟妮 |
[11:39] | – No. – I was thinking the other day | -的确 -我在想那天 |
[11:42] | about what happens when you leave here | 你离开这里的时候到底发生了什么事情 |
[11:43] | and it made me very upset. | 但那让我相当沮丧 |
[11:45] | I could say the same thing. | 我也可以说同样的话 |
[11:47] | I’ll paint you the picture that’s in my mind. | 我想告诉你我脑海中的想法 |
[11:48] | But if it’s true, I might kill myself. | 但如果那是真的 我可能会杀了自己 |
[11:52] | I’ve hardly been a monk. | 我又没有像和尚那般禁欲 |
[11:54] | Forget that she knows Jane. | 就当她不认识简 |
[11:56] | This girl’s terrific. | 这女孩很出色 |
[11:58] | She looks like Virginia Mayo. | 长得像弗吉妮亚·梅奥[著名影星] |
[11:59] | She’s 25, mount Holyoke gymnastics team. | 芳龄二十五 参加过霍利约克体操队 |
[12:02] | See her this weekend. You hit it off, | 这周末去见见她 如果一见钟情 |
[12:05] | come Turkey day maybe you can stuff her. | 就一起来参加感恩节晚餐 然后搞定她 |
[12:13] | Sweetheart, 8:00 Saturday night, jimmy’s la grange | 亲爱的 周六晚八点 吉米庄园 |
[12:17] | for beauty and the beast. | 要上演现代版美女与野兽 |
[12:18] | – Roger. – They have chicken Kiev. | -罗杰 -他们有俄式炸鸭 |
[12:21] | The butter squirts everywhere. | 黄油流得到处都是 |
[12:34] | – Hello, Mr. Draper. – Hello, Celia. | -晚上好 德雷柏先生 -晚上好 西莉亚 |
[12:44] | I made you some pork chops. They’re good cold too. | 我给你做了点猪排 虽然凉了 味道也还不错 |
[12:48] | I look forward to it. | 我很想吃 |
[12:50] | But you don’t eat nothing. | 但是你一点都没吃 |
[12:54] | Have you seen my shine Kit? | 你看到我的擦鞋工具包了吗 |
[12:55] | I put it on the top of the closet. | 我把它放在柜子顶层了 |
[12:59] | The children coming this weekend? | 孩子们这周末回来吗 |
[13:01] | No. You need to put things back where you found them. | 不回来 你应该把东西放在原先的地方 |
[13:05] | I didn’t want to leave it in the middle of the floor. | 我不想把它扔在房间正中央 |
[13:21] | Okay, good night. You have a good weekend. | 晚安了 周末愉快 |
[13:24] | And eat something. | 吃点东西吧 |
[13:54] | Let me out of here! | [放我出去] |
[13:58] | Let me out of here! | [放我出去] |
[14:01] | Let me out of here! | [放我出去] |
[14:07] | Footprints on a wet floor… | [湿地板上留下脚印] |
[14:09] | that’s no longer a hanging offense. | [再也不是大麻烦] |
[14:12] | Glo-coat’s patented formula | [彩衣地板蜡的独特配方] |
[14:13] | goes on easy and dries in seconds. | [速效干爽 光洁如新] |
[15:21] | So how do you know Jane? | 你怎么认识的简 |
[15:23] | Before you ask me all the questions, | 在你问我问题之前 |
[15:25] | you have to let me finish one glass. | 你起码得让我先干一杯 |
[15:28] | I don’t have to ask you any questions. | 我没必要问你任何问题 |
[15:32] | I think I’m actually nervous. | 实际上我挺紧张的 |
[15:34] | I haven’t done this since college. | 我上次与人约会还是在大学时期呢 |
[15:37] | Not that it was so long ago, | 当然 并没有那么久远 |
[15:38] | although it seems like it. | 尽管听起来时间挺长的 |
[15:40] | I borrowed a dress. | 这件礼服是我借的 |
[15:42] | You sat down so fast I didn’t get a good look. | 你坐下得太快了 我都没能好好欣赏一下 |
[15:45] | Do you want to see it? | 你想看看吗 |
[16:01] | I can’t believe I did that. | 真不敢相信我这么做了 |
[16:05] | It’s hard to believe there are two girls who can wear that. | 真不敢相信除了你还有别的女人能穿下这件衣服 |
[16:10] | Don, I want to lift a shadow off this evening. | 唐 我想和你坦承相对 |
[16:13] | I know this is your first date. | 我知道这是你的第一次约会 |
[16:15] | First that Roger was involved in. | 是有罗杰插手的第一次约会 |
[16:17] | Oh, of course. I’m sure. It’s just… | 当然了 我相信 只是 |
[16:22] | I’m breaking a lot of my rules | 我放弃了自己很多原则 |
[16:23] | seeing a divorced man. | 去和一个离过婚的男人约会 |
[16:27] | But Jane has made you her personal cause. | 但是简说你与众不同 |
[16:31] | And there are so many real problems in the world. | 在这世界上有很多现实的问题 |
[16:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:38] | The world is so dark right now. | 现在的世界如此黑暗 |
[16:40] | The country? | 国家 |
[16:44] | My goodness, you’ve made me feel very serious all of a sudden. | 天呐 你突然间让我感到很沉重 |
[16:48] | I don’t know if I can make you | 我不知道我能否让你 |
[16:49] | feel better about the world. | 对这个世界产生乐观的想法 |
[16:51] | One of the boys killed in Mississippi… | 有一个男孩在密西西比被杀害了 |
[16:54] | Andrew Goodman, | 安德鲁·哥德曼[民权人士 遭三K党残忍杀害] |
[16:56] | he was from here. | 他来自这里 |
[16:57] | A girlfriend of mine knew him from summer camp. | 我一个女友和他一起参加过夏令营 |
[17:00] | Is that what it takes to change things? | 要变革现实就得付出这样的代价吗 |
[17:06] | What do you do? | 你是做什么工作的 |
[17:09] | I’m an actress. | 我是个演员 |
[17:10] | But right now I’m a super in the opera. | 但现在我在歌剧院做临时演员 |
[17:13] | – And what is that? – A supernumerary. | -那是做什么的 -一个小配角 |
[17:17] | We’re the actors that fill the stage. | 我们是那种舞台上充数的演员 |
[17:20] | Like the chorus? | 就像合唱团 |
[17:21] | Mmm, no singing. | 嗯 只是不用张嘴唱歌罢了 |
[17:23] | I do a lot of mock drinking. | 我在戏中经常需要饮酒 |
[17:25] | I’m a wench. I’m a… | 我演一个妓女 我是一个 |
[17:28] | courtesan. | 高等妓女 |
[17:29] | Part of a harem. It depends on the opera. | 男主角妻妾之一 这得看歌剧的剧情了 |
[17:34] | That is truly fascinating. | 这可真让人着迷 |
[17:38] | I love the music. | 我很喜欢那里面的音乐 |
[17:40] | And I love backstage. | 我喜欢幕后 |
[17:42] | Our costumes are as good as the singers. | 我们的服装和歌唱家一样棒 |
[17:45] | And I love the stories. | 我喜欢这些故事 |
[17:48] | They’re very romantic. | 非常浪漫 |
[17:51] | Have you been? | 你去过吗 |
[17:53] | I have. | 我去过 |
[17:55] | But only for business | 但都是为了工作 |
[17:56] | so I’ve never enjoyed it. | 我从来没去享受过 |
[17:58] | Well, then you must come as my guest. | 那我随时恭候你的大驾 |
[18:03] | They give the supers tickets instead of paying a decent wage. | 对临时演员 他们不发工资 只给演出票 |
[18:08] | – Madam? – Oh, I don’t even need to look. | -女士 -噢 我不需要看菜单了 |
[18:10] | Chicken Kiev. | 俄式炸鸭 |
[18:12] | They make you wear a bib. | 吃这个得戴上围裙了 |
[18:14] | Come on, let’s have some fun. | 别扫兴 我们大快朵颐吧 |
[18:17] | Two chicken Kievs. | 那就两份俄式炸鸭吧 |
[18:28] | The barbizon. | 巴比松剧院 |
[18:30] | I bet that would make a great opera. | 我想在这里表演歌剧一定会锦上添花 |
[18:33] | It would. | 的确如此 |
[18:35] | Well, I guess this is good night. | 我想 该就此告别了 |
[18:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:41] | Good night. | 那么晚安 |
[18:45] | So am I going to see you at Roger and Jane’s for Thanksgiving? | 感恩节的时候 我可以在罗杰和简的家里见到你吗 |
[18:50] | It’s tempting, but… | 我很想去 但是… |
[18:52] | I have plans. | 我已经有安排了 |
[18:54] | Oh, I’m sure the holidays must be very complex. | 我想也是 您的假期一定相当繁忙 |
[19:15] | It may have been awhile since you’ve had to pick up on messages, | 想来再次受你邀约 怕是要待许多时日 |
[19:19] | But I want to see you again. | 可我真的很想再见到你 |
[19:22] | How about right now? | 何不就此演绎重逢呢 |
[19:24] | I stopped the meter. We can start it again. | 我让计程车停下 我们重新来过 |
[19:26] | It’ll be like I just picked you up. | 如同我刚刚把你接上车 |
[19:28] | Will you please take a weak no? | 请容许我谢绝您的好意 |
[19:32] | Let’s see where we are new year’s eve. | 还是让我们寄愿于新年前夜吧 |
[19:34] | – If it’s meant to be, it’ll keep. – Let me walk you in. | -那时若能重聚 我们再续此情 -让我送你进去吧 |
[19:39] | No. | 不必了 |
[19:39] | I know that trick. | 我知道那把戏 |
[20:06] | Waverly and 6th Avenue. | 韦弗利第六大街 |
[20:10] | I think you both really acquitted yourselves well. | 我觉得你俩表现得都很不错 |
[20:14] | She doesn’t know when to stop. You don’t know when to stop. | 她不知道什么时候该停下 你知道吗 |
[20:17] | My objective was to get the ham. | 我的目标就是拿到火腿 |
[20:20] | No one told you to hit me. | 没人让你打我 |
[20:21] | That wasn’t part of it. | 那完全不在计划之中 |
[20:23] | The important thing is that… oh, here’s Mr. Campbell. | 最重要的是…坎贝尔先生来了 |
[20:29] | I’ve been assured you ladies can look for your names | 我相信两位女士会在周一的《每日新报》上 |
[20:32] | And perhaps your picture in Monday’s “Daily news.” | 看到自己的名字 或许还有照片呢 |
[20:35] | – What section? – It’s the “Daily news.” It’s one big section. | -什么版块 -《每日新报》 只有一个大版块 |
[20:40] | All in all, not a bad way to spend a Sunday. | 不管怎么说 这样过周末还是挺值得的 |
[20:45] | Can you go back to the market and get me some aspirin? | 你们能去市场帮我买点阿司匹林吗 |
[20:48] | We probably shouldn’t have any more contact for the time being. | 眼下我们或许不该再有过多的接触 |
[20:52] | shall we? | 可以走了吗 |
[20:58] | We really appreciate your talent. | 我们真的很欣赏你的演技 |
[21:00] | And of course, your discretion. | 当然还有你的应变力 |
[21:02] | – You hurt me. – Ow ow ow! | -你伤到我了 -喔 噢 噢 |
[21:04] | Ladies, ladies, ladies! | 女士们 住手 |
[21:06] | – Daisy! – Walk her to the train. | -黛西 -送她去车站 |
[21:12] | – Are you okay, dear? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -还好 |
[21:15] | Let’s get you in a cab. | 让我送你去坐车吧 |
[21:22] | – Good morning. – Welcome back. How was Los Angeles? | -早上好 -欢迎归来 洛杉矶之行如何 |
[21:25] | Very hard to leave. | 已然乐不思蜀了 |
[21:27] | I would love a vacation. | 我一向喜爱假期 |
[21:29] | It wasn’t a vacation. | 根本算不上假期 |
[21:31] | I had a lot of tsuris with Lucy and Desi. | 露西和德西没少给我添乱 |
[21:33] | Has someone been using my office? | 有人用我的办公室吗 |
[21:35] | Mr. Sterling doesn’t have a television. | 斯特林先生在用 他那没有电视机 |
[21:38] | I’m calling a meeting for 11:00. | 我要在十一点钟召开会议 |
[21:39] | No, make it 1:00. Do we have a table yet? | 不 还是一点钟好了 我们还有桌子吗 |
[21:42] | 1:30 and no. | 一点半 没有了 |
[21:47] | – Do you know where the Secor rough cut is? – I got it! | -你知道赛可广告的粗剪带子在哪吗 -我找到了 |
[21:52] | Don’t you want to know why? | 你不想知道为什么开会吗 |
[21:55] | I sold the jai alai TV special. | 我卖掉了回力球比赛的电视特辑 |
[21:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[22:00] | A.B.C. They’re moving towards | 卖给了A.B.C电视台 |
[22:01] | All these eccentric sporting events… go-karts. | 他们对所有这些另类赛事有兴趣… 像卡丁车 |
[22:04] | Well, that’s very exciting. | 这消息真令人兴奋 |
[22:06] | Can you get someone to track down a cup of coffee for me? | 你能找人帮我弄杯咖啡吗 |
[22:08] | And I’d love a grapefruit juice. And, Joan? | 还有西柚汁 另外 琼 别告诉别人 |
[22:10] | That is my news. | 一定要等我亲自宣布 |
[22:12] | I won’t even tell people after it’s aired. | 就算电视上已经播出了 我也不会告诉别人的 |
[22:19] | Good morning, Mr. Draper. | 早上好 德雷柏先生 |
[22:22] | Don, can I speak with you for a minute? | 唐 能和你聊两句吗 |
[22:31] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[22:34] | – Lane, would you excuse us for a minute? – Of course. | -莱恩 介意我们先聊两句吗 -请便 |
[22:36] | Good morning, Don. | 早上好 唐 |
[22:44] | You know, | 知道吗 |
[22:46] | No one who’s ever been associated with an actual event | 很少有人能将报纸上的描述 |
[22:49] | Has thought it’s been portrayed honestly in the newspaper. | 与实际状况如实地联系起来 |
[22:55] | “Donald Draper, or Don as he is known” | “唐纳德·德雷柏 也就是鼎鼎大名的唐” |
[22:58] | Perhaps in an attempt to appear humble, is a handsome cipher. | 刻意的谦逊背后 是他英俊莫测的剪影 |
[23:03] | One imagines somewhere in an attic | 你可以想象在顶楼暗霾的角落里 |
[23:05] | “There’s a painting of him that’s rapidly aging.” | “时光正从他熠熠辉俊的肖像中飞逝” |
[23:08] | For a guy from “Ad age” He can really write. | 对《广告时代》的记者来说 他写的很不错了 |
[23:11] | – He also says you’re married. – Jesus. | -他还说你婚姻关系依然存在 -老天 |
[23:13] | He never asked me that. Did he check any facts? | 他从未问过我那些问题 他调查过实情吗 |
[23:16] | You didn’t give him any facts. | 你也从没给过他实情 |
[23:18] | – He had to make some assumptions. – My job is to write ads, | -所以他才会主观臆测 -我的工作是策划广告 |
[23:22] | Not go around talking about who I am. | 并非四处去做自我介绍 |
[23:24] | Who knows who you are? | 那谁会知道你是谁 |
[23:26] | This was supposed to be an advertisement for the firm. | 这本该是一次宣传公司的良机 |
[23:29] | Why do you have so many copies? | 你为何买了这么多份报纸 |
[23:31] | I bought one to read. | 我买一份来看 |
[23:32] | I was going to buy one to frame in reception, and then I read it. | 本想装裱起来放在公司前台 但我读过之后 |
[23:36] | I just wanted to get them all before anyone else did. | 便恨不得把报纸都买光 不让别人买到 |
[23:38] | It’ll be lining bird cages by Friday. | 到星期五就会被当做废纸填鸟笼了 |
[23:40] | This is a missed opportunity. | 这绝对是一次错失的良机 |
[23:43] | You turned all the sizzle from glo-coat into a wet fart. | 彩衣地板蜡的广告那么出色 你却只字未提 |
[23:46] | Plus you sound like a prick. | 而且 你尖酸刻薄 |
[23:48] | Well, it’s done. | 好了 到此为止吧 |
[23:51] | I got a valuable lesson. | 我获得了宝贵的经验 |
[23:53] | Stay away from one-legged reporters. | 今后远离独腿的记者 |
[23:55] | Yeah, I was thinking about that… | 没错 我正在想… |
[23:56] | Who is he to criticize anybody? | 他算老几能随意评判别人 |
[24:00] | Just so you don’t kill yourself, there was some good news. | 为让你不至于郁闷而终 我还有个好消息要告诉你 |
[24:03] | Jane’s friend found you to be charming. | 简的朋友觉得你很有魅力 |
[24:05] | Although a little grabby in the car. | 尽管在车里有点小性急 |
[24:07] | That is good news. Thank you. | 的确是个好消息 谢谢 |
[24:09] | She liked you. | 她喜欢你 |
[24:10] | Maybe you should have fondled peg-leg Pete. | 或许你当时也该调戏一下那个独腿记者 |
[24:12] | They raise you up and they knock you down. | 他们能把你捧上凌霄 也能将你贬下黄泉 |
[24:14] | I don’t know what I could have done differently. | 我不知道自己究竟能改变什么 |
[24:16] | I believe that you were being modest, but he didn’t. | 我知道你一向谦逊委婉 可他不是 |
[24:20] | I’m sorry, but after the year you’ve had, | 很遗憾 可如果错过了这次 |
[24:22] | It’s just not appropriate anymore. | 便不再有合适的机会去挽回了 |
[24:29] | He’s expecting us! | 他正等着我们呢 |
[24:32] | – Is Joey coming? – I’m here. | -乔伊来了吗 -我在这 |
[24:36] | Why can’t you come to our office? | 为何你不去我们办公室谈呢 |
[24:38] | – Do you want to hear what sugarberry said or not? – Shoot. | -你是否想知道舒格伯里那边说了什么 -当然 |
[24:41] | It was uproarious. | 真令人忍俊不止 |
[24:43] | First it’s Darryl, | 一开始是达瑞尔 |
[24:44] | and he tells me about how they stared at the article | 他告诉我他们昨天看到那篇文章 |
[24:45] | all day yesterday worrying about a lawsuit. | 因为担心吃官司而惶惶不可终日 |
[24:48] | So I hang up and debate whether or not to tell Don… | 我在挣扎到底告不告诉唐 |
[24:50] | Throw myself on my sword. And then Kreutzer calls | 如坐针毡 这时克鲁兹打电话来说 |
[24:52] | to tell me other papers picked up the story. | 还有几份报纸转载了那篇报道 |
[24:54] | And I think, “He knows it’s us,” But how could he? | 然后我想 他知道是我们 但怎么可能呢 |
[24:57] | And he said everyone, especially Darryl, was very excited. | 然后他又说 大家都很兴奋 尤其是达瑞尔 |
[25:01] | And then he gets Christian: | 然后他表现出道貌岸然的假慈悲 |
[25:03] | He’s sorry someone got hurt, | 他很抱歉有人因为抢货而受伤 |
[25:05] | but more people will taste their ham now | 但更多人会想去尝尝他们的火腿 |
[25:07] | and they’ll love it. | 并且会爱上它 |
[25:09] | It’s beautiful. How do you put something like this in your book? | 厉害 这项支出如何记账呢 |
[25:12] | You can’t. We can’t even charge them. | 不记 我们甚至都没法收他们钱 |
[25:14] | It wouldn’t be a bad idea for them to increase their media budget. | 增收他们的广告费也是可以的 |
[25:17] | – Seize the moment. – With more crappy ads? | -抓住时机 -会追踪报道吗 |
[25:20] | – Hopefully not. – You use it. | -最好不要 -你利用了它 |
[25:23] | The winner of the ham battle is you. | 你是”火腿之战”的最终胜利者 |
[25:26] | Can you imagine? Lane’s dentures would drop out of his head | 可以想象吗 如果我们增加了客源 |
[25:29] | If we came in with an additional buy. | 莱恩会喜出望外 |
[25:33] | “Our hams are worth fighting for.” | “我们的火腿值得去抢” |
[25:38] | A cartoon pilgrim and an Indian in a tug of war with the ham. | 卡通版的移民者和北美印第安人进行火腿大战 |
[25:43] | Old ladies will smile. | 老妇人会喜欢的 |
[25:45] | Why didn’t you pitch that two months ago? It’s good on its own. | 你两个月前想到 就不用搞这么多事了 |
[25:48] | A slogan’s nothing when you have a good idea. | 创意好 精妙的广告语自然水到渠成 |
[25:52] | Black crayon. I need it in an hour. | 用黑色蜡笔作图 我一小时后收货 |
[25:54] | Chop chop, Joey. | 快 快 乔伊 |
[25:58] | Clara, could you get Darryl for me at Sugarberry? | 克莱拉 要达瑞尔在舒格伯里公司等我 |
[26:00] | Tell him it’s urgent. I may need you. | 紧急 先别走 |
[26:05] | Horace Cooke, Jr. It’s urgent. | 霍瑞斯·库克 紧急 |
[26:09] | Ho-ho! How was Tijuana? | 小霍 提华纳怎么样啊 |
[26:12] | I have to say, it’s a very flattering picture. | 不得不说 这照片挺上相的 |
[26:16] | And I don’t think I’d mind being described that way. | 我不会介意这样写我 |
[26:18] | Mr. Crane, you’re a salesman. | 克雷恩先生 你是个推销员 |
[26:20] | You do not want to be known as mysterious. | 故作神秘不应该是推销员的风格 |
[26:23] | There’ll be no further discussion. | 这件事到此为止 |
[26:25] | I just got off the phone with Ho-ho. | 刚接到小霍的电话 |
[26:27] | Jai alai is leaving. | 回力球要终止合作 |
[26:28] | – What? – It’s over. | -什么 -玩完了 |
[26:31] | Bullshit. I just sold a TV special to A.B.C. | 胡说 我刚卖了份电视特辑给ABC电视网 |
[26:33] | Well, apparently Don didn’t mention them in the article. | 显然是因为唐在采访中没提到他们公司的名字 |
[26:38] | I didn’t mention anyone. That’s the reporter’s job. | 我谁也没提 那记者应该自己调查清楚 |
[26:44] | – Spectacular. – What the hell’s Ho-ho doing reading “Ad Age”? | -真是好啊 -小霍读《广告时代》干嘛 |
[26:47] | Fix it. | 赶快想办法补救 |
[26:48] | Todd got all the partners from C.G.C. to call | 托德让C.G.C所有的合伙人给他打电话 |
[26:51] | and they worked him up and down. | 他们将他玩弄于鼓掌之间 |
[26:53] | They told him we laugh about him. | 他们骗他说我们都在笑他 |
[26:54] | I don’t! Get him him on the phone, | 我没有 打电话给他 |
[26:56] | get him in here or camp out in his driveway. | 把他接过来 或者干脆去他的车道上等他 |
[26:59] | He hung up on me. | 他挂我电话 |
[27:01] | I think he was crying. | 感觉他在哭 |
[27:06] | How much was left in Ho-ho anyway? | 小霍那边的广告资金有多少 |
[27:09] | We’ll survive with jai alai off our list. | 就算没有回力球 我们也不会垮的 |
[27:12] | We will survive, but for how long? | 我们能坚持多久呢 |
[27:15] | The loss of Jai alai | 没有回力球项目 |
[27:16] | makes Lucky Strike 71% of our billings. | 我们71%的资金都得依靠幸福时光香烟 |
[27:19] | It’s an untenably insecure position. | 这种状况是非常危险的 |
[27:24] | Harry, why don’t you call | 哈里 为什么不打电话 |
[27:25] | and pretend like you don’t know any of this. | 假装说自己对此并不知情 |
[27:27] | Give it an hour so he’ll take the call. | 连续打一个小时 他会接的 |
[27:29] | I wish we really had a second floor so I could jump off it. | 真希望我们的公司有两层 那样我就直接跳下去 |
[27:41] | I’m going to have to get you another interview. | 我得再替你安排一次采访 |
[27:45] | “The wall street journal.” | 《华尔街日报》 |
[27:47] | And what do I do differently? | 那又有什么不同呢 |
[27:48] | I told him the truth. | 我告诉他的都是实话 |
[27:51] | Who gives a crap what I say anyway? | 谁会在意我说了些什么 |
[27:52] | My work speaks for me. | 我的作品可以说明一切 |
[27:54] | Turning creative success into business is your work. | 用成功的创意吸引生意 才是你的工作 |
[27:58] | And you’ve failed. | 可你失败了 |
[28:09] | It’ll pass. | 一切都会好的 |
[28:18] | – Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. – Happy Thanksgiving. | -大家感恩节快乐 -感恩节快乐 |
[28:22] | We started without you. | 我们已经开始用餐了 |
[28:23] | Oh, grandma Pauline, | 噢 波琳奶奶 |
[28:24] | I told you mother’s was at noon. We already ate. | 妈妈那边的聚餐也是在中午 我已经吃过了 |
[28:26] | You’re supposed to overeat on Thanksgiving. | 感恩节就是应该多吃点才对 |
[28:30] | Ooh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:31] | Jamie, you’ll have something? | 杰米 要再吃点吗 |
[28:34] | We missed dessert. | 我们在那边没吃甜点 |
[28:36] | You’re next to your father. | 挨着你岳父坐 |
[28:40] | – Put up some coffee, dear. – Hi, daddy. | -倒点咖啡 -嗨 爸 |
[28:43] | Isn’t that sweet? | 真体贴 |
[28:46] | We didn’t forget you. | 没忘你们那份 |
[28:51] | – What do you say? – Thank you. | -要说什么 -谢谢 |
[28:52] | – Thanks. – After you eat. | -谢谢 -吃完再拆 |
[28:58] | The traffic was simply murder. | 交通状况真是糟糕 |
[29:00] | That’s because that’s what’s become of this country. | 那是因为这个国家的”国情”正在发生变化 |
[29:02] | Everyone has two thanksgivings to go to. | 每个人都要分别参加父母两边的感恩节 |
[29:06] | Maybe we have twice as much to be thankful for. | 或许是因为我们的感恩之心甚于常人 |
[29:15] | Don’t you like the food, dear? | 亲爱的 你不喜欢这食物吗 |
[29:17] | – No. – Sally Draper, that’s rude. | -是的 -萨丽·德雷柏 真没礼貌 |
[29:20] | – You love cranberry sauce. – It has seeds in it. | -你喜欢红莓酱 -里面有籽 |
[29:23] | – How about the sweet potato? – I’m not hungry. | -甜薯怎么样 -我不饿 |
[29:26] | Look, there’s marshmallow. | 来 尝点软糖 |
[29:34] | Oh lord. | 天啊 |
[29:39] | She might have a fever. | 她可能发烧了 |
[29:42] | – I’m sorry. – It’s all right, dear. | -很抱歉 -没事 宝贝 |
[29:44] | – Isabel, can you bring a rag? Ow, stop pinching me! | -伊莎贝尔 能拿块抹布吗 -别掐我 |
[29:54] | I love sweet potatoes. | 我喜欢甜薯 |
[30:01] | Isabel! | 伊莎贝尔 |
[30:06] | Happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[30:14] | – Do you want a drink? – I don’t have much time. | -想喝一杯吗 -时间不多 |
[30:17] | I have supper with my family. | 要和家人共进晚餐 |
[30:19] | – Of course you do. – Should I not have mentioned my family? | -那是当然 -不该提到我家人吗 |
[30:22] | I never know how you’re going to react. | 我并不知道你会作何反应 |
[30:24] | No, that’s fine. | 不 没事 |
[30:37] | – Let me take off my brassiere. – No. In a minute. | -让我把胸罩脱了 -不 再等下 |
[30:40] | Stop telling me what to do. I know what you want. | 不用说 我也知道你想怎么样 |
[30:43] | So do it. | 来啊 |
[30:49] | Harder. | 用力 |
[30:52] | Again. | 再来 |
[31:06] | Hold on. | 稍等 |
[31:14] | Surprise, it’s for you. | 居然是找你的 |
[31:20] | Why did you answer it? | 你为什么要接 |
[31:22] | It was the third try. I couldn’t take it. | 响三次了 我没办法不接 |
[31:28] | – Hello? – Happy Thanksgiving. | -喂 -感恩节快乐 |
[31:32] | Happy Thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[31:33] | I’m sorry to bother you. I didn’t know you’d have guests. | 很抱歉打扰你 不知道你有客人 |
[31:36] | What’s wrong? | 什么事 |
[31:38] | I need $280 for bail. | 我需要280美元保释金 |
[31:42] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[31:45] | – Where are you? – It… It’s not for me. | -你在哪儿 -不是我要用 |
[31:52] | Spit it out, honey. | 宝贝 直说吧 |
[31:56] | You’re going to laugh. | 说了你肯定会嘲笑我 |
[31:59] | Pete and I hired some actresses | 我和皮特雇了一些女演员 |
[32:01] | To get in a fight over a Sugarberry ham. | 让她们为了一根舒格伯里火腿而起争执 |
[32:04] | You know, as a stunt. | 为了引起轰动效应 |
[32:07] | We got them to increase their media budget. | 我们可以让他们多付一些广告费 |
[32:10] | Hello? | 在听吗 |
[32:12] | I’m here. | 听着呢 |
[32:14] | Well, one of them pressed charges against the other for assault. | 但是其中一个因打了另一个被指控了 |
[32:18] | It’s $80 bail | 需要保释金80美元 |
[32:19] | And $100 apiece to keep their mouths shut. | 加上每个人一百的封口费 |
[32:22] | And it has to happen today. | 今天就要付钱 |
[32:25] | Call Pete! | 打给皮特 |
[32:28] | Do you think you’re my first call? | 其他人我都试过了 |
[32:33] | Hello. I’m so sorry to bother you. | 早啊 很抱歉打扰你了 |
[32:36] | I oughta let you twist in the wind. | 我应该让你自生自灭的 |
[32:37] | It still worked out. | 那方法效果很不错 |
[32:38] | – You’ll be very happy. – I’m not happy. | -你会开心的 -一点也不 |
[32:41] | And I don’t think it’s funny or cute. | 而且我一点也不觉得这很有趣 |
[32:43] | You run something like that by me first. | 如果你事先向我通报一下 |
[32:45] | I would have kept you from looking like an idiot, | 我就不会让你现在表现得像个白痴 |
[32:47] | Or worse yet, making me look like one. | 更糟的是 让我也跟着你像个白痴一样 |
[32:49] | Is that what you want? | 这就是你想要的吗 |
[32:51] | You want people to think we’re idiots, Peggy? | 你希望别人当我们都是白痴吗 佩奇 |
[32:53] | Hey, there’s no reason for name-calling. | 没必要如此叫骂 |
[32:55] | – She’s been agonizing. – Who are you? | -她已经够痛苦的了 -你谁啊 |
[32:58] | I’m her fiance. | 我是她未婚夫 |
[33:01] | Mark, don’t. | 马克 别说了 |
[33:03] | Why’d you bring him up here if you didn’t want him involved? | 既然你不希望他劝架 你又何必带他过来 |
[33:07] | I know. I’m sorry, Don. | 知道了 很抱歉 唐 |
[33:14] | – Fiance? – It just came out. | -什么未婚夫 -脱口而出了 |
[33:24] | – Did you put the dog out? – It’s cold outside. | -你把狗放出去了吗 -外面太冷了 |
[33:27] | But I locked her in the laundry room. | 但是我把她锁在洗衣房了 |
[33:35] | It’s not cold in here. | 这儿可不冷哦 |
[33:52] | Sally. | 萨丽 |
[33:54] | I was calling daddy. | 我在给爸爸打电话 |
[33:56] | Hello? | 喂 |
[33:59] | I wanted to wish him a happy Thanksgiving. | 我想祝他感恩节快乐 |
[34:01] | You’ll see him tomorrow. | 明天你就能见他了 |
[34:03] | You want to call him to complain about how awful I am? | 你想打给他 向他抱怨我怎么对你的吗 |
[34:07] | Don’t expect any sympathy when he hears my side of the story. | 等他听了我的说辞 别指望他会同情你 |
[34:09] | – Don’t! – Go to bed. | -别 -赶紧上床去 |
[34:19] | I’m going to have them take that phone out of the hallway. | 我得吩咐人把电话从走廊拿走 |
[34:30] | Tomorrow when the kids go, | 明天孩子一接走 |
[34:33] | Why don’t we have Carla take the baby | 让卡拉照顾婴儿 |
[34:34] | and we’ll drive to a nice dinner? | 我们开车去享用一顿丰盛的晚餐 |
[34:38] | Maybe Essex. The Griswold inn. | 埃塞克斯的格里斯沃德旅馆如何 |
[34:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:50] | I’m really full, Betty. | 我吃得太饱了 贝蒂 |
[35:01] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[35:03] | – Oooh! – Dad. | -喔哦 -爸爸 |
[35:08] | – How much Turkey did you eat? – I ate everything. | -你吃了多少火鸡 -我吃了所有东西 |
[35:13] | Hello, daddy. | 早啊 爸爸 |
[35:14] | Hello. | 早啊 |
[35:19] | – 19:00 tomorrow night. – Where’s the baby? | -明晚七点过来 -宝宝呢 |
[35:21] | I had Carla take him. You weren’t going to. | 我让卡拉带他 你应付不来的 |
[35:24] | – Henry and I have plans. – I’d like to see him. | -我和亨利还有安排 -我想看看他 |
[35:29] | – Hello, Don. – Henry. | -早啊 唐 -亨利 |
[35:31] | Come on, let’s go. | 来吧 出发吧 |
[35:51] | Garage door. | 关下车库门 |
[35:58] | – What are you doing? – You know what I’m doing. | -你干嘛 -你说呢 |
[36:10] | The button fell off my pajamas. | 睡衣扣子掉了 |
[36:14] | I’ll sew it on in the morning. | 明早我会把它缝上去的 |
[36:15] | You know how to sew? | 你会做针线吗 |
[36:17] | I can do a button. I’ll show you. | 我会缝扣子 到时做给你看 |
[36:26] | I’ll leave the light on in the bathroom | 我会让卫生间的灯亮着 |
[36:27] | So there won’t be any more problems, okay? | 这样就没问题了吧 |
[36:29] | – Okay. – Good night, daddy. | -好的 -晚安 爸爸 |
[36:33] | Good night, both of you. | 你们也是 |
[37:20] | Do you have your key? | 你有房间钥匙吗 |
[37:38] | – Hello? – Maybe they’re asleep. | -有人在吗 -他们可能睡了 |
[37:42] | Go upstairs. | 上楼去 |
[38:10] | Let go! | 走开 |
[38:17] | What the hell is the dog doing in the house? | 该死的狗待在屋里干什么 |
[38:20] | You run up to bed. I’ll wait. | 你先上床 我再等会儿 |
[38:22] | For what? | 等什么 |
[38:27] | It’s almost 10:00. | 都快十点了 |
[38:29] | – I thought you said 10:00. – She didn’t. | -我以为你说过了我们十点才回来 -她没有 |
[38:31] | I’ve waited for you plenty of times. | 我曾经也是这样夜夜等你归来 |
[38:34] | Henry, do you mind? | 亨利 能回避一下吗 |
[38:37] | – Betty? – It’s okay. | -贝蒂 -没事的 |
[38:39] | Does that mean I should stay or not stay? | 那我到底是留下还是回避 |
[38:41] | Stay. | 留下 |
[38:47] | When are you moving out? | 你们什么时候搬出去 |
[38:48] | I don’t know. | 还没定 |
[38:51] | You were supposed to be out a month ago. | 你们一个月前就该搬出去了 |
[38:53] | We haven’t found the right place for the kids. | 我们还没给孩子找到好的住处 |
[38:55] | Well, either do as we agreed | 要么按照协议搬出去 |
[38:57] | or I’m going to need to collect rent. | 要么我收你们房租 |
[38:58] | – What? – Or you could just buy it from me if you want to. | -什么 -你也可以选择买下这房子 |
[39:02] | I can’t believe you. | 你简直不可理喻 |
[39:04] | Don, it’s temporary. | 唐 这只是暂时的 |
[39:06] | Believe me, Henry, everybody thinks this is temporary. | 相信我 亨利 谁都知道这是暂时的 |
[39:10] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[39:17] | He has some nerve. | 他发神经 |
[39:20] | I know you don’t want to hear this, | 我知道你不想听 |
[39:22] | But he’s right. | 但他说得对 |
[39:25] | Haven’t the kids been through enough change already? | 孩子们最近已经经历了太多的变故 |
[39:29] | I can’t just uproot them with no place to go. | 我不能让他们居无定所 |
[39:30] | You’re not even looking. | 你都没去找过 |
[39:33] | There’s nothing out there, and he doesn’t decide. | 外面根本没有合适的房子 而且也轮不到他来做决定 |
[39:47] | Miss Olson is here to see you. | 奥尔森小姐要见您 |
[39:54] | Send her in. | 让她进来 |
[40:01] | They sent one for each of us. | 他们送了我们每人一盒 |
[40:05] | Could have just as easily fired us. | 他们也可以直接将我们炒掉的 |
[40:07] | But they didn’t | 但他们并没那么做 |
[40:09] | because they sold more hams. | 因为卖出更多的火腿了 |
[40:11] | And now you get to tell them why, if you want. | 方便的话 你可以跟他们解释下原因 |
[40:14] | I think they’ll be impressed. | 相信他们一定会深受震撼 |
[40:17] | Well, I’m not. | 我不会去的 |
[40:20] | I try and stay away from these kinds of shenanigans. | 我不想跟这事有任何瓜葛 |
[40:23] | But I guess you knew that | 我想你早知道我会这样 |
[40:24] | or you would have told me. | 否则你事前一定会向我通报的 |
[40:25] | It was going great until it wasn’t. | 事实上 出事之前一直都进展很顺利 |
[40:29] | Thanks for the ham. | 谢谢送火腿来 |
[40:33] | I should have told you. | 我事前的确该向你通报的 |
[40:37] | Since when do you have a fiance? | 你什么时候有未婚夫了 |
[40:40] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[40:43] | But you didn’t have to do that that way. | 但你不该那样说话 |
[40:45] | You brought him with you | 你以为带他一起去 |
[40:46] | because you thought I wouldn’t embarrass you. | 我就不会让你难堪 |
[40:48] | At least I’m thinking ahead. | 至少我做了防备措施 |
[40:50] | Doesn’t always work, does it? | 不是每次都有效 对吧 |
[40:55] | You need to think a little bit more about the image of this agency. | 你该多考虑下公司形象 |
[40:59] | Well, nobody knows about the ham stunt, | 没人知道抢火腿事件是我们策划的 |
[41:01] | So our image remains pretty much where you left it. | 所以你为公司塑造的光辉形象并未受到玷污 |
[41:06] | I won’t need you in the Jantzen presentation. | 你不用参加詹特伦泳装的广告案展示了 |
[41:08] | – Now you’re being spiteful. – No. | -你这是在借机报复吗 -不是 |
[41:11] | I just think it would be better not to have a girl in the room. | 只是我认为女人参与这个案子不太好 |
[41:18] | You know something? | 你知道吗 |
[41:19] | We are all here because of you. | 我们之所以来新公司 都是因为你 |
[41:23] | All we want to do is please you. | 唯一的目的就是取悦你 |
[41:34] | Why don’t I put them in the pantry? | 为什么不把这玩意放到餐具室呢 |
[41:36] | Christmas is around the corner. | 马上就到圣诞节了 |
[41:38] | Put them in the basement. | 放地下室去 |
[41:42] | Did the children like their gifts? | 孩子们喜欢他们的礼物吗 |
[41:45] | They did. | 喜欢 |
[41:49] | It’s nice the holiday is memorable in some other way. | 至少这次感恩节还是有一些令人难忘的地方 |
[41:52] | I’m sorry a little girl spoiled your Thanksgiving. | 很抱歉 那小姑娘把和谐的氛围给破坏了 |
[41:55] | Next time I’ll tell her not to get sick. | 下次我会让她注意些 |
[41:58] | I’ve raised children in my life, Henry. | 我这辈子一直在照看小孩 亨利 |
[42:00] | They’re terrified of her. | 那两个孩子很怕她 |
[42:02] | You don’t know any of the people you’re talking about. | 你现在还根本不了解她 |
[42:04] | Well, I know what you see in her. | 我知道你看上她哪点 |
[42:07] | And you could have gotten it without marrying. | 但你也不必娶她啊 |
[42:09] | Why can’t you give her a chance? | 你为什么就不能给她次机会呢 |
[42:12] | – She loves you. – She’s a silly woman. | -她很喜欢你 -她是个蠢女人 |
[42:16] | Honestly, Henry, | 说实话 亨利 |
[42:17] | I don’t know how you can stand living in that man’s dirt. | 我不知道你怎么能接受那个男人穿过的破鞋 |
[42:29] | You go to the swimming pool, you go to the beach, | 当你去泳池或者海滩时 |
[42:32] | Take off your robe, you head into the cabana. | 脱下外衣 钻进更衣室 |
[42:34] | There’s no other way to slice it, you’re getting undressed. | 不管怎样 你都必须要脱衣服 |
[42:38] | Can I put my feet on this? | 我能把脚放上边吗 |
[42:39] | – Pretend like it’s your living room. – Thank you. | -请自便 -谢谢 |
[42:43] | What separates a bathing suit from underwear? | 浴衣跟内衣有什么区别呢 |
[42:47] | The cut and the print of the cloth | 布料的裁制和印花 |
[42:49] | and some sort of gentlemen’s agreement. | 还有男人的某种认可 |
[42:57] | “So well built, | 好身材 |
[42:59] | We can’t show you the second floor.” | 但我们不能让你一览无余 |
[43:10] | I think that’s a little suggestive. | 我觉得这好像存在某种性暗示 |
[43:13] | Good. That’s what I was going for. | 很好 这就是我要的效果 |
[43:16] | A wink, but it’s not a leer. | 眉目传情 但绝非暗送秋波 |
[43:18] | We don’t want a wink. | 我们不希望眉目传情 |
[43:20] | I think I explained our product is for modest people. | 我说过我们产品的目标消费群体是端庄人士 |
[43:24] | Modest people want to be stimulated too. | 端庄人士也需要刺激 |
[43:27] | This draws them in in a way | 这个广告某种程度上 |
[43:29] | that will make your competitors seem crude and obvious. | 会让你的竞争对手显得粗俗暴露 |
[43:31] | Plus they’ll be dying to see the suit. | 另外 他们会迫不及待地想见识这泳衣 |
[43:33] | They’ll be dying to see the girl. | 他们会迫不及待地想见这广告女郎才对吧 |
[43:35] | And for all we know she’s not even wearing a top. | 从广告图片上看 她甚至根本没穿上衣 |
[43:38] | You’ll get them into the store. | 你需要把顾客吸引到商店里 |
[43:40] | Isn’t that the point? | 这才是广告宣传的目的 不是吗 |
[43:42] | It’s not wholesome. | 这有点不健康 |
[43:44] | It’s not… | 不太… |
[43:46] | did I tell you we’re a family company? | 我有没有跟你说过我们是家族企业 |
[43:48] | I think I know what you’re looking for. | 我想我知道你们需要什么了 |
[43:50] | A couple of women bouncing a beach ball, | 几个女人在海滩上打球 |
[43:53] | Little girl in front of them building a sandcastle. | 小女孩在她们前面堆沙堡 |
[43:57] | Your competitors are gonna keep killing you | 你的竞争对手会继续吞并你的市场 |
[43:59] | Because you’re too scared of the skin | 因为你们太保守了 |
[44:01] | That your two-piece was designed to show off. | 你们的分体式泳衣就是用来展现好身材的 |
[44:04] | Well, it’s somehow dirtier | 像这样欲露还遮 |
[44:08] | not seeing anything. | 只会显得更下流 |
[44:10] | You need to decide what kind of company you want to be… | 你们需要决定到底想做什么样的公司 |
[44:12] | Comfortable and dead | 墨守成规 陷入死胡同 |
[44:14] | or risky and possibly rich. | 还是放手一搏 开创新天地 |
[44:16] | All I know is we don’t want that. | 我只知道这不是我们想要的 |
[44:21] | Well, gentlemen, | 好吧 先生们 |
[44:22] | you were wondering what a creative agency looks like, | 你们想知道创意广告公司的行事方式 |
[44:23] | There you have it. | 你们已经看到了 |
[44:26] | Hope you enjoyed looking in the window. | 你们继续欣赏窗外的美景吧 |
[44:29] | Give me a minute. | 请稍等片刻 |
[44:34] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[44:36] | Control yourself. | 克制下自己 |
[44:38] | Now cool off. | 冷静下 |
[44:39] | Hopefully Campbell can talk them | 但愿坎贝尔能说服他们 |
[44:41] | into hearing a few more ideas in a week or so. | 一周后再来听取一些新的创意 |
[44:43] | What? No. | 什么 不可能 |
[44:45] | That’s not the point. | 我不希望他这么做 |
[44:49] | Out. Get out. | 出去 给我出去 |
[44:50] | – Don. – Excuse me? | -唐 -你说什么 |
[44:51] | Get your things and get out of my office now. | 拿好你们的东西马上离开我的办公室 |
[44:55] | Come on, let’s go. | 快点 快走 |
[45:06] | Call Bert Cooper’s man at “The wall street journal.” | 给伯特·库珀在《华尔街日报》的熟人打电话 |
[45:16] | There’s always a name in every partnership | 任何一家合伙经营的公司 |
[45:18] | that defines who they are. | 都有一个核心人物 |
[45:19] | In the case of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce | 至于斯特林&库珀&德雷柏&普莱斯公司 |
[45:22] | Would you say that’s Donald Draper? | 那个核心人物是唐纳德·德雷柏吗 |
[45:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:27] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[45:29] | Last year our agency was being swallowed whole. | 去年我们公司被一口吞并 |
[45:33] | I realized I had two choices. | 我意识到我只有两条路 |
[45:35] | I could die of boredom | 在沉默中死去 |
[45:37] | Or holster up my guns. | 或者蓄势爆发 |
[45:41] | So I walked into Lane Pryce’s office and I said, | 所以我走进莱恩·普莱斯的办公室 说 |
[45:44] | “Fire us.” | 炒了我们吧 |
[45:49] | Two days later we were operating out of the Pierre hotel. | 两天后我们的公司在皮埃尔酒店开始运作 |
[45:53] | Within a year | 不到一年时间 |
[45:54] | we had taken over two floors of the time-life building. | 我们已经在时代生活大厦占据了两层大楼 |