时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:41] | Lee. Lee, Don doesn’t think there’s a problem. | 李 唐认为没什么问题 |
[00:45] | Lee, those restrictions aren’t going to affect Lucky Strike. | 那些限制条件不会影响幸福时光香烟广告的 |
[00:48] | Besides, Lee, your lawyers came up with them. | 况且 这些都是由你的律师提出来的 |
[00:51] | “No more smoking teenagers”– we complied a year ago. | “不得利用青少年做香烟广告” 这个我们去年就做到了 |
[00:54] | “No more famous athletes” | “不能聘请著名运动员拍香烟广告” |
[00:56] | And we have to stop using certain angles. | 某些拍摄角度也要弃用了 |
[01:02] | Low angles, wide lenses | 低角度 广角镜头 |
[01:03] | Anything that makes the smoker appear superhuman. | 不能让吸烟者显得精神奕奕 超过常人 |
[01:09] | – Why is this empty? – because you drank it all. | -这瓶酒怎么空了 -因为你全喝光了 |
[01:12] | – He can’t hear you. – There’s kind of a loophole | -他又听不见你说话 -那些限制条件有个漏洞 |
[01:14] | Because even without athletes you can still use sports. | 虽然不能聘请运动员 但还是可以用体育运动为题材 |
[01:17] | Bowling, for example, seems a natural fit. | 比如说 保龄球 就是天作之合 |
[01:20] | Bowling is a sport, Lee. | 保龄球当然属于体育运动了 李 |
[01:23] | Well, how about horse-racing? | 那赛马怎么样 |
[01:27] | Lee. Lee, the jockey smokes the cigarette. | 李 李 骑师也抽烟啊 |
[01:30] | Did either of you ladies bring any ice with you? | 你们两个谁带冰了吗 |
[01:32] | We’re sorting out the focus group for pond’s | 我们正在为旁氏冷霜广告筹备焦点小组 |
[01:34] | And I haven’t gotten the hypothesis in writing anyway. | 但我还没拿到纸版的广告创意设想 |
[01:37] | He said “Don.” | 他说让唐接电话 |
[01:39] | We’ll do our best. | 我们会竭尽全力的 |
[01:42] | – Peggy, write it up. – You haven’t okayed the brief. | -佩奇 写下来给她 -你还没同意我的设想呢 |
[01:44] | I liked your idea. I liked it a lot. | 我喜欢你的创意 非常喜欢 |
[01:46] | The mirror one or the cleansing one? | 镜子那个还是清洗那个 |
[01:48] | What’s the mirror one? | 镜子那个创意是怎样的 |
[01:49] | Well, I think it’s about the ritual, | 我觉得广告应该强调女人面对镜子时的心理 |
[01:52] | The multiple applications, indulgence. | 面部不同部位的涂抹 沉浸其中的心情 |
[01:55] | “Pond’s is the only cold cream that allows me | “唯有旁氏冷霜才能让我 |
[01:57] | to stare at myself in the mirror for 20 minutes | 连续20分钟看着镜中的自己” |
[02:00] | And feel good and not vain.” | “自信面庞 娇颜绽放” |
[02:03] | That’s very good. | 这创意很赞 |
[02:07] | So we’re talking about girls 18 to 25. | 我们的目标群体是18至25的年轻女性 |
[02:10] | Can I grab a few from around here? | 我可以从公司挑一些适龄女性吗 |
[02:12] | Yeah, help yourself. | 当然 请自便 |
[02:13] | See, I would never buy a sailboat. | 我是永远不会买帆船的 |
[02:15] | I don’t want to do things myself. | 我不喜欢亲自动手 |
[02:17] | For that price, that boat should have a motor. | 那么高的价格 那艘船至少要配个马达吧 |
[02:20] | A what? | 配什么 |
[02:23] | – One of those too. – Anything else? | -那也是必须的 -还有什么事吗 |
[02:29] | I don’t know. Why don’t you ask Don about that? | 我不知道 不如你问问唐的意见吧 |
[02:32] | I have to go to the little boys’ room. | 我得去趟厕所了 |
[02:34] | I’m sorry, Lee, can you go through that one more time? | 不好意思 李 你能再说一遍吗 |
[02:40] | That’s the lucky strike call? Why wasn’t I told? | 是幸福时光香烟的电话吗 为何没人通知我 |
[02:43] | Be happy. I saved you an ass-ache. | 你就偷着乐吧 我替你免去了一顿骂 |
[02:52] | So what’s so bad he couldn’t tell me? | 什么情况这么糟糕 他都不能亲口告诉我 |
[02:54] | Cal Rutledge from chesebrough-pond’s | 旁氏公司的凯文·拉特利奇 |
[02:56] | Has a wild hair about clearasil. | 看克利拉思不顺眼 |
[02:58] | He thinks they’re in conflict. | 他觉得二者的广告有相冲之处 |
[03:00] | Pimple cream and cold cream? | 祛痘霜和冷霜有相冲之处吗 |
[03:02] | – That’s a rather broad definition. – Does it matter? | -真不知道他们是怎么下定义的 -那有关系吗 |
[03:05] | Look, Pete, we’re going to have to resign the clearasil account. | 听着 皮特 我们只能放弃克利拉思的广告单了 |
[03:09] | – Why? – Lane. | -为什么 -莱恩你来说 |
[03:12] | It can’t be up for debate. | 答案显而易见 |
[03:14] | Clearasil is worth $1.25 million in billings | 克利拉思的单子价值125万 |
[03:16] | – And pond’s over two. – No. | -而旁氏的单子却价值200万 -不 |
[03:20] | Do you know what it took to get my father-in-law | 你知道我花了多大力气才说服我岳父 |
[03:21] | to join this new firm to begin with? | 和我们这家新公司签约的吗 |
[03:23] | 15% of $750,000 | 75万美元的15% |
[03:26] | Is near $113,000. | 利益差额有11万多呢 |
[03:29] | Roger, I don’t expect him to understand this, | 罗杰 我不指望他能理解 |
[03:31] | But do you have any idea | 但你知不知道 |
[03:32] | of what I’ve had to do to keep that account? | 我为了保住这个单子付出了多少努力 |
[03:35] | The personal toll I’ve paid? | 欠下了多大的人情 |
[03:36] | I do, but you’ve been good to him– | 我理解 但你对他一直很好啊 |
[03:39] | Remember that– saleswise. | 记住这点 销售达人 |
[03:41] | – Mr. Sterling. – I don’t believe this. | -斯特林先生 -简直难以置信 |
[03:44] | – Roger. – Throw yourself on the grenade. | -罗杰 -别给自己留退路 |
[03:48] | Protect the agency. You’re a partner now. | 以公司利益为重 你现在是合伙人了 |
[03:51] | This evening if you can. | 今晚有空一定记得参加 |
[03:57] | Over half this agency is dedicated to your needs, | 大半个公司都在为你们的广告而努力工作 |
[03:59] | But if you want to get into the line-by-line | 如果你一定要看那些条条框框的文件 |
[04:01] | Of the costs we’ve billed for, | 核查我们所收的费用 |
[04:03] | I’ll have Lane Pryce at the foot of your bed in 20 minutes. | 我会让莱恩·普莱斯20分钟后亲自送给你 |
[04:07] | Oh my god, there’s some kind of fire. | 噢 老天啊 居然着火了 |
[04:10] | Right down by radio city. | 就在洛克菲勒娱乐城楼下 |
[04:12] | Roger, we should go. Sorry, Lee. | 罗杰 我们该跑路了 抱歉 李 |
[04:15] | We gotta go. Okay, bye-bye. | 我先挂了 好的 再见 |
[04:24] | Should I type all this up? | 需要我把这些都打印出来吗 |
[04:26] | Yes, and remind me to remind Caroline to tell Lane | 是的 记得提醒我让卡罗琳去告诉莱恩 |
[04:30] | That lucky strike noticed that they’re being billed | 幸福时光香烟那边已经察觉到 |
[04:32] | For all the work we do for everybody else at this agency. | 公司的所有运作费用都是由他们在支付 |
[04:35] | You know what? I don’t want that on paper. | 刚这句话别记下来 |
[04:43] | – Who is that? – A dear friend. | -那是谁 -一个好朋友 |
[04:46] | Is that the letter from california? | 那封信是加州寄来的吗 |
[04:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:01] | I hate this office. | 我讨厌这间办公室 |
[05:02] | You wanted to be close to Roger. | 当初是你想和罗杰的办公室靠的近一些 |
[05:05] | Make yourself at home, why don’t you? | 把办公室当家一样随意 你怎么不干这蠢事呢 |
[05:06] | Did you see Sunday’s paper? | 你看了周日的报纸吗 |
[05:08] | If this is about the Playtex ad they keep complaining about, | 如果你说的是公众对倍得适广告的责难的话 |
[05:12] | I’ve been told the printer swapped paper stocks. | 我已经查明 是印刷工弄错了纸张 |
[05:14] | And I don’t care if she looks like a puerto rican. | 我才懒得管她看上去是不是像个波多黎各人 |
[05:16] | Puerto rican girls buy brassieres. | 波多黎各的女孩也要买胸罩的啊 |
[05:17] | Not that they need to. | 那可不一定 |
[05:19] | I saw this one on the subway | 我就在地铁看过一个女孩儿 |
[05:20] | In one of those striped Jean Seberg shirts, | 穿着珍·茜宝[著名女星]式的条纹衬衫 |
[05:24] | Red rag in her hair, nipples– | 用碎布条扎着头发 乳头都… |
[05:26] | I’m not in the mood. What do you want? | 我没心情谈论这个 你到底想说什么 |
[05:29] | – Cosgrove’s getting married. – So? | -科斯格罗夫要结婚了 -那又如何 |
[05:32] | He took us to the opera last month– | 他上个月请我们去看歌剧了 |
[05:34] | Great seats and now I know why. | 贵宾座 现在我终于明白为什么了 |
[05:36] | – It turns out her father shits gold ingots. – What does he do? | -原来他岳父是个大富翁 -他是干什么的 |
[05:39] | C.F.O. Of Corning. | 康宁集团的财务总监 |
[05:41] | My father-in-law’s a bus driver. | 我岳父是个公交车驾驶员 |
[05:43] | The only place he can take me is to the Moon. | 倒是可以幻想他带我登上月球 |
[05:45] | Ken’s the competition. Why are you going to the opera with him? | 肯是我们的竞争对手 你为何与他一同去看歌剧 |
[05:48] | Geyer is twice our size, | 盖尔广告公司可比我们大多了 |
[05:49] | And we’re friends, aren’t we? | 况且我们是朋友 不是吗 |
[05:51] | Friends. | 朋友 |
[05:53] | Why are you always looking for a job? | 你为何总是一心想高攀 |
[05:56] | What? | 什么 |
[05:59] | Look, Pete. | 听着 皮特 |
[06:02] | There’s a group of us, we’re all coming up together. | 我们一群人约好了 到时候都会一起去的 |
[06:04] | You don’t think Kenny’s a comer? | 你不觉得可以从肯身上获得好处吗 |
[06:06] | You know he has Mountain Dew? That’s pepsi. | 你知道他手上有激浪的广告单吧 那可是百事公司的产品 |
[06:11] | We’re having lunch tomorrow. Tag along. | 我们明天一起吃午饭 一起去啊 |
[06:12] | – He always asks about you. – Of course he does. | -他总是问起你呢 -他当然会问起我了 |
[06:15] | Worst case, Kenny’ll brag too much | 或许肯到时候会过度自吹自擂 |
[06:17] | and you can steal a client from him. | 然后你可以从他那儿偷走一个客户 |
[06:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:38] | I’m sorry. That looks like bad news. | 我很遗憾 看上去像是坏消息 |
[06:41] | Oh, it’s not mine. I’m Joyce. | 噢 那不是我的 我叫乔伊斯 |
[06:44] | I work at “Life”– assistant photo editor. | 我在《生活》杂志工作 助理图片编辑员 |
[06:47] | Peggy Olson, | 我叫佩奇·奥尔森 |
[06:48] | Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce– copywriter. | 斯库德普广告公司 我是个文案 |
[06:51] | Really? | 是吗 |
[06:53] | “Life” Magazine– I love your photos. | 《生活》杂志 我喜欢里面的图片 |
[06:55] | Well, you’ll never see these. | 这些图片你在杂志上可看不到 |
[07:02] | I have to admit I’d be shocked. | 我必须承认我深受震撼 |
[07:04] | He’s my friend and my boss hates nudes. | 摄影师是我一个朋友 但我老板讨厌裸体照片 |
[07:07] | Who hates nudes? | 有谁会讨厌裸体艺术呢 |
[07:11] | That’s a beautiful one. | 那张真漂亮 |
[07:17] | I’m going to the mailroom. | 我要去邮件收发室了 |
[07:19] | Peggy, right? 37th floor? | 佩奇 对吧 在37层楼工作 |
[07:39] | Tom, you’re 15 minutes early. | 汤姆 你早到了15分钟 |
[07:42] | So are you. Sit down. | 彼此彼此 请坐 |
[07:44] | We can eat anytime or not at all. | 我们可以随时开吃 或者干脆不吃了 |
[07:46] | Excuse me. Dewar’s on the rocks. | 这边 迪沃斯威士忌加冰 |
[07:50] | What’s so important? | 有何要事相商 |
[07:53] | Well, Tom, | 是这么回事 汤姆 |
[07:56] | How are you feeling? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[07:57] | Couldn’t be better. | 很好 |
[08:02] | I hope you know I’ve always done my best to make you happy. | 希望你能明白 我一直尽力取悦你 |
[08:05] | I do. | 我知道 |
[08:08] | And there’s no reason, as far as I’m concerned, | 我认为我们没有必要 |
[08:09] | that there should be any change in the way that we deal with each other. | 改变长期以来的相处方式 |
[08:14] | Tom, I– | 汤姆 我… |
[08:16] | This is very hard for me to say. | 这对我来说难以启齿 |
[08:20] | I honestly don’t know how you’re going to take this, | 我真的不知道你将如何接受 |
[08:22] | and it’s been very hard to separate | 想要我们后半辈子 |
[08:24] | our business relationship from the rest of our life, | 没有生意来往很困难 |
[08:26] | But they should be separate. | 但是 生意应该与私人关系分开 |
[08:28] | You are some kind of high wasp, all right. | 你唠唠叨叨我头都大了 |
[08:31] | Look, I can’t keep this up. | 听着 我憋不住了 |
[08:33] | Keep what up? | 什么憋不住了 |
[08:36] | – I heard. – You know? | -我听说了 -你已经知道了 |
[08:41] | You crazy kid. | 你很厉害嘛 |
[08:47] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[08:49] | Jeannie was with Trudy at the doctor. | 珍妮带特鲁迪去看了医生 |
[08:52] | Congratulations! | 祝贺你 |
[08:54] | What? | 什么 |
[08:58] | Oh, shit. | 我靠 |
[09:02] | Jesus, Mary and Joseph. | 我的天哪 |
[09:04] | It was Monday, for crying out loud. | 这都星期一的事情了 搞什么名堂 |
[09:06] | Why hasn’t she told you? | 她怎么还没跟你说 |
[09:09] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[09:11] | Well, it may be her news, but it is good news. | 可能她还不想跟你说 但这个是好消息 |
[09:14] | You can’t tell her that I told you. You can’t. | 你不能告诉她是我跟你说的 绝对不能 |
[09:20] | I’m going to be a father? | 我要当爸爸了 |
[09:22] | Can you believe it? Huh? | 难以置信 是吧 |
[09:28] | – I’m going to be a father. – Yeah. | -我要当爸爸了 -没错 |
[09:33] | I feel like my heart’s going to burst. | 我觉得我心都要跳出来了 |
[09:35] | Champagne right here. Bring a bottle. | 拿一瓶香槟过来 |
[09:37] | We’re going to tie one on. | 我们要一醉方休 |
[09:39] | If it’s a boy, it’s $1,000; | 是个男孩的话 小礼1000美金 |
[09:41] | A girl, $500. | 女孩的话就500 |
[09:43] | I’ll do what I can do. | 我尽我所能 |
[09:45] | You really can’t tell Trudy. | 你真的不能跟特鲁迪说 |
[09:48] | I don’t know how I let the cat out of the bag. | 我不知道为什么管不住自己的破嘴 |
[09:51] | I thought you knew what I was talking about. | 我以为你知道我说什么 |
[09:53] | What did you think I was talking about? | 你觉得我说的是什么 |
[09:55] | – What? – Why did you have to see me? | -什么 -你找我有什么事 |
[09:59] | I just wanted to– | 我想要– |
[10:02] | We’re putting new creative on Clearasil. | 我们要为克利拉思做新的广告创意 |
[10:05] | Oh fine. Who cares? | 随便 管它的 |
[10:08] | May you know this feeling many times. | 愿你常记今日所感 |
[10:13] | Mmm. I only had the one | 嗯 我只有一个爱女 |
[10:16] | and I love her to death, but I wish we’d had more. | 她是我的掌上明珠 但我总希望自己儿女成群 |
[10:21] | Jeannie had her uterus removed– | 珍妮做了子宫切除手术 |
[10:23] | Some kind of a cyst or something. | 说是子宫囊肿什么的 |
[10:29] | Trudy. | 特鲁迪 |
[10:37] | I’m sick, Peter. I’m so sick about this. | 我烦透了 皮特 我再也忍不下去了 |
[10:39] | Daddy just called me from a pay phone | 爸爸刚才用公用电话打给我 |
[10:41] | drunk and in tears. | 他喝醉了 又哭 |
[10:42] | I know what you think. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[10:43] | I just wanted to wait till our anniversary to tell you. | 我只想等到结婚纪念日再告诉你 |
[10:47] | I don’t care, Trudy. | 我不在意 特鲁迪 |
[10:50] | I don’t care how I heard. | 我不在意是谁告诉我这个消息的 |
[10:54] | Oh, Peter. | 哦 皮特 |
[11:01] | How did this happen? | 怎么突然就怀上了 |
[11:03] | What did the doctor say? | 医生怎么说的 |
[11:05] | He said I was going to have a baby. | 他说我要当妈妈了 |
[11:09] | I want to pick you up and spin you around, | 我多想把你抱起来转上一圈 |
[11:11] | But I don’t want to damage anything in there. | 但我又怕伤到肚子里的孩子 |
[11:15] | I’m so happy you’re happy. | 你高兴我就高兴 |
[11:17] | I don’t know. It feels much different than I expected. | 我不知道 跟我想象中的感觉完全不一样 |
[11:20] | How would you know what this feels like? | 你怎么知道会是什么感觉 |
[11:25] | Come, get off your feet. | 来 坐下歇会儿吧 |
[11:28] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉如何 |
[11:31] | Tell me you’ll forgive my father. | 向我保证你会原谅我父亲 |
[11:33] | They already think you hate them | 他们本来就觉得你不喜欢他们 |
[11:34] | And, honestly, it’s my fault. | 说实话 都是我的过错 |
[11:36] | I don’t hate them. | 我不讨厌他们 |
[11:38] | I shouldn’t have taken my mother to the doctor– | 我不应该和我妈一起去看医生 |
[11:40] | not that doctor. | 至少不是那个医生 |
[11:41] | It’s just I thought something was going on, | 我就是觉得有点不太对劲 |
[11:44] | and I was so prepared to be disappointed | 我已经准备面对不好的结果 |
[11:45] | or that, god forbid, something was really wrong. | 但愿不要发生什么事 |
[11:48] | Trudy, I had to talk to him. | 特鲁迪 我得和他谈谈 |
[11:51] | Because the agency has to drop Clearasil. | 因为公司已经准备放弃克利拉思 |
[11:54] | – Why? – There’s another product that’s similar | -为什么 -有另外的产品与之相似 |
[11:57] | – And we can’t– – a conflict. | -我们不能 -引起冲突 |
[11:59] | Peter, I’m familiar with the term. You use it all the time. | 我听惯这个词了 你经常用 |
[12:02] | I invited him there | 我邀请他去了酒吧 |
[12:04] | And his good news trumped my bad news. | 但是他说了个大好消息 让我不忍开口 |
[12:05] | And the funny thing is, that was the moment to tell him. | 有趣的是 那应该是告诉他的最佳时机 |
[12:09] | I was so bowled over. | 我被兴奋冲昏了头脑 |
[12:15] | We did it. | 我们成功了 |
[12:20] | Why don’t you let my father hear this from me? | 不如让我去告诉父亲这件事吧 |
[12:23] | He’s already so guilty, he’ll never feel the knife go in. | 他已经很内疚了 他不会感到伤心了 |
[12:26] | I can’t let you do that. | 我不能让你那么做 |
[12:28] | But I’m the one who talked him | 但一开始就是我劝他 |
[12:29] | into returning to the agency to begin with. | 与你们的新公司签单的 |
[12:31] | – We needed him. – And now you don’t. | -我们当时需要他 -但你们现在不需要了 |
[12:35] | He’ll be fine. Tomorrow night. | 他会没事的 明天晚上就去说 |
[12:38] | Yankee pot roast. | 美式炖肉 |
[12:48] | Let’s go. Caroline will be watching your desk. | 走吧 卡罗琳替你的班 |
[12:51] | Why don’t you have to do this? | 为什么你不用去开会 |
[12:52] | You don’t have to do this. You’re getting paid. | 你也可以不去 工资照发 |
[12:55] | We’re old and we’re married. They don’t want us. | 我们已婚而且人老珠黄了 他们不需要我们 |
[12:58] | But I use Pond’s. I do. | 但是我在用旁氏 真的 |
[13:01] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[13:07] | Girls, find your places. | 女士们 各自就座 |
[13:09] | Megan, help me with the curtains. | 梅根 把窗帘拉上 |
[13:21] | No matter how late I come, I’m always waiting for someone. | 我来得再晚 都有人比我更晚 |
[13:27] | I had to wait until the girls left the ladies’ room to change. | 我得等到她们离开洗手间才能换衣服 |
[13:30] | You could’ve used my office, but I don’t have one. | 你本来可以用我的办公室 可惜我没有 |
[13:35] | This isn’t right. | 这个不对 |
[13:37] | I thought you wanted “Faye,” Not “Dr. Miller.” | 我还以为你要我写菲娅 而不是米勒博士 |
[13:39] | Yes, but I told someone to leave the “E” Off of “Faye.” | 没错 但是我让你们把姓名中的E去掉 |
[13:42] | I like to be able to correct it in front of the girls. | 我想当着姑娘们的面纠正 |
[13:45] | It makes them trust me. | 好赢取她们的信任 |
[13:46] | Because your name is spelled wrong? | 就因为你名字拼错了吗 |
[13:47] | Because I’m obviously not that important. I don’t need it. | 是因为我明显没那么重要 我不需要这个了 |
[13:54] | I have to warn you there’s lots of perfume. | 我得提醒你 里面香水味很浓 |
[13:56] | There always is. | 一直都这样 |
[14:12] | Why, everyone has a nifty name tag. | 为何每个人都有一个精致的姓名标签呢 |
[14:14] | Very well then. I suppose | 好吧 我想我应该 |
[14:17] | I’ll work in Mr. Sterling’s office. | 去斯特林先生的办公室工作 |
[14:18] | He won’t be coming. | 他不会来了 |
[14:20] | As I said, my name is Faye. | 刚才说过 我名字叫菲娅 |
[14:25] | I don’t have a name tag. | 我没有姓名标签 |
[14:26] | I guess they forgot about me. | 我想是他们把我忘了 |
[14:31] | Well, they got mine wrong. | 他们把我的名字写错了 |
[14:32] | I’m Dotty. | 我叫多蒂 |
[14:34] | I mean I’m not a dotty person. | 我不是说我很古怪[Dotty意译为古怪] |
[14:36] | That’s my name. | 那只是我的名字 |
[14:39] | Hello, Dotty. | 多蒂 你好 |
[14:42] | So there’s no reason to be anxious. | 没必要紧张 |
[14:45] | We have to enjoy the fact that | 我们要乐于享受 |
[14:47] | we’re all getting paid not to work for a little bit. | 偶尔不工作也能拿工资 |
[14:52] | But don’t worry, that’s our little secret. | 但是别担心 这是我们的小秘密 |
[14:55] | And I’d like you to think that this is just a bunch of your friends, | 你们大家要觉得这只是一伙朋友 |
[14:58] | as if maybe this is a sorority | 就像妇女联谊会一样 |
[15:02] | Or a bridal shower… with tea. | 或者新娘的婚前派对 一杯清茶 |
[15:06] | Or just a bunch of us celebrating, say, | 又或者是我们一群人 |
[15:10] | Allison’s birthday at my apartment. | 在我的公寓庆祝艾莉森的生日 |
[15:15] | You shouldn’t be surprised, | 你们不必诧异 |
[15:17] | looking around the room, | 看看这屋子 |
[15:19] | that we’re here to talk about | 我们在此谈一谈… |
[15:23] | Beauty. | 美 |
[15:27] | What are the things we all do to keep ourselves beautiful | 平时我们都怎么保持美丽容颜 |
[15:30] | or simply to enhance it? | 或者使自己更美丽 |
[15:33] | Please pass a Danish. | 麻烦把丹麦点心递给我 |
[15:37] | You don’t have to raise your hand. | 大家不必举手 请直接发言 |
[15:39] | Anyone? | 有人来开个头吗 |
[15:42] | I can say it. | 我抛砖引玉一下 |
[15:44] | I have a routine. | 我老是有个习惯 |
[15:46] | I brush my hair 100 times | 就是梳头一百次 |
[15:49] | Just like I did when I was a little girl, | 我还是个小女孩儿的时候就这么做的 |
[15:52] | But of course only the night before I have it set. | 当然只是在我做头发之前 |
[15:57] | – Very cute. – Can you imagine? | -有意思 -你能想象吗 |
[16:00] | Your financial future’s in the hands | 你未来的钱途可就掌握在 |
[16:01] | Of a roomful of 22-year-old girls. | 这一屋子二十二岁的女孩儿手上 |
[16:05] | Not mine. | 不是我的 |
[16:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:10] | Sometimes I watch my weight. | 有时候我会注意一下体重 |
[16:14] | No one’s hungry? | 没人想吃吗 |
[16:21] | I’d like a Danish. | 我也想吃丹麦点心 |
[16:23] | I don’t use Pond’s if that’s what you’re asking. | 我不用旁氏冷霜 如果你是想问这个的话 |
[16:26] | Mmm, that’s okay. | 嗯 不要紧 |
[16:28] | I’m of French extraction and my mother has beautiful skin. | 我有法国血统 我妈妈皮肤很好 |
[16:31] | She never washes her face. | 她从来不洗护皮肤 |
[16:33] | She’s not dirty. She uses water, but nothing else. | 当然不是说脏 她只用清水洗脸 |
[16:36] | And you do what she does? | 你跟她一样吗 |
[16:40] | What does she do? | 她具体怎么做的 |
[16:43] | She stands at the sink and she runs the water | 她站在洗脸台前 把水打开 |
[16:46] | Until it’s just the perfect temperature– not too hot. | 把水温调到合适 不能太烫 |
[16:49] | And she splashes it on her face | 然后她把水洒在脸上 |
[16:51] | And she pats her cheeks with her fingertips. | 用指尖轻轻拍打脸部 |
[16:55] | And she looks at herself? | 然后她就照镜子吧 |
[16:59] | Yes, she does. | 是 没错 |
[17:05] | She’s amazing. | 她棒极了 |
[17:07] | I sit at my vanity | 我坐在梳妆台前 |
[17:09] | and I have this night cream– | 涂抹晚霜 |
[17:11] | my boyfriend laughed at me. | 我男朋友就笑我 |
[17:13] | What was so funny about it? | 有什么好笑的 |
[17:16] | It was just, you know, one time. | 因为 有一次 |
[17:19] | At christmas eve we were staying up late | 平安夜的时候 我们玩到很晚 |
[17:20] | And we were playing house, I guess. | 好像是在玩过家家 |
[17:24] | You shouldn’t do things for them. | 女人不该为男人苦心保养容颜 |
[17:26] | They don’t appreciate it. | 他们根本不会感激你的付出 |
[17:28] | You don’t think they appreciate you being beautiful? | 你觉得你变漂亮了他们也无动于衷吗 |
[17:31] | We broke up a year ago. | 我们一年前分手了 |
[17:35] | Actually, I don’t know what he noticed, | 我不知道他注意到什么了 |
[17:37] | But it wasn’t me, I guess. | 但我想肯定不是我 |
[17:40] | It’s worse then they notice, sometimes. | 有时候他们注意到你 才更加糟糕 |
[17:44] | Allison, please continue. | 艾莉森 请继续 |
[17:48] | It– it’s nothing. | 没 没什么 |
[17:59] | – Are you in there? – Yes. | -你在里面吗 -在 |
[18:03] | I asked your girl to inform me of your arrival. | 我跟你秘书说了 让你回来了就通知我 |
[18:05] | She’s in that group. | 她在开会 |
[18:07] | Did you speak with Tom? | 你和汤姆谈过了吗 |
[18:09] | I’m sorry. It didn’t happen. | 不好意思 没谈成 |
[18:11] | The opportunity passed. | 我错过了机会 |
[18:12] | Well, then we shall endeavor to recreate it. | 那我们应该想办法再创造机会 |
[18:15] | Perhaps lunch today? | 今天午饭怎么样 |
[18:17] | I’m afraid Roger has already informed Pond’s | 恐怕罗杰已经跟旁氏那边说 |
[18:19] | that this was attended to. | 这件事已经办妥了 |
[18:22] | That’s sloppy. | 真够草率的 |
[18:24] | I have a lunch, but I’m seeing him tonight. | 我已经吃了午餐 晚上再约他吧 |
[18:27] | Dame it. | 该死的 |
[18:31] | Lane. | 莱恩 |
[18:34] | I just found out I’m going to be a father. | 我刚知道我要当爸爸了 |
[18:37] | Well now, that should take the sting out of all of this. | 恭喜啊 真是个难得的好消息 |
[18:41] | I suppose. | 我想是的 |
[18:45] | Uh, I apologize. | 抱歉 |
[18:49] | That’s the very best news. | 应该是个天大的好消息 |
[18:53] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | -祝贺你 -谢谢 |
[19:07] | And I just kept thinking | 我一直在想 |
[19:08] | “Why does he stare at other girls?” | “他为什么要盯着别的女孩看” |
[19:14] | Well, men do that, but | 当然 男人爱这么做 但 |
[19:16] | But does he look at me that way? | 但他会这样盯着我看吗 |
[19:19] | And we’re not married, so who am I? | 而且我们没结婚 那我算什么呢 |
[19:23] | How the hell did this get so sad so fast? | 她们怎么会这么快入戏 |
[19:25] | – Shh! – I know I’m speaking for everyone here. | -嘘 – 我知道我说的也是大家的心声 |
[19:30] | You can’t think it has anything to do with how you look, Dotty. | 这与你的相貌没有任何关系 多蒂 |
[19:34] | You can only do your best with what god gave you. | 上帝赐给你一张脸 你只能尽力使它好看一些 |
[19:39] | What about makeup? | 那化妆呢 |
[19:43] | I feel like it doesn’t matter what I see. | 自己觉得好看没用 |
[19:46] | It matters what he sees. | 他觉得好看才行 |
[19:50] | I feel like I gave him everything | 我感觉我为他付出所有 |
[19:53] | and I got nothing. | 却毫无回报 |
[19:57] | I could see she was gonna crack. | 早料到她会崩溃 |
[20:00] | Allison? | 艾莉森 |
[20:01] | Are you all right, dear? | 亲爱的 你还好吗 |
[20:08] | – It’s okay. She’ll be all right. – Should I | -别紧张 她会没事的 -我是不是该… |
[20:11] | If she wanted to be around us, she would’ve stayed. | 如果她想人陪 就不会走开了 |
[20:16] | Sarah, what do you do that makes you feel good about the way you look? | 莎拉 你是如何让自己自信面对容颜的呢 |
[20:19] | I feel kind of responsible. Do you mind? | 我觉得应该去看看她 可以吗 |
[20:25] | Is there any kind of ritual? | 有什么”独门美容秘笈”吗 |
[20:29] | I think my strategy was right. | 我觉得我的广告创意是对的 |
[20:31] | They just want to get married | 女人们就想结婚 |
[20:33] | And they’ll buy anything that’ll help. | 而且不惜在这上面花钱 |
[20:39] | – Are you all right? – Oh, it’s you. | -你没事吧 -是你啊 |
[20:43] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[20:52] | People cry in these things all the time– grown men. | 女人总是为了男人伤心流泪 |
[20:56] | I was in a bunch when I first started working here. | 刚来这儿时大家都是这个样子 |
[20:58] | I’d say half the time somebody cries. | 我敢说半数人哭泣都是因为这个原因 |
[21:02] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:03] | I think it just feels good to talk. | 跟人谈谈心就没事了 |
[21:05] | I can’t even say anything | 我什么都不能说 |
[21:07] | because I know he’s right out there, | 因为我知道他就在外面 |
[21:09] | right through the glass. | 就隔着那玻璃坐着 |
[21:11] | Who? | 谁 |
[21:13] | I don’t know how you stand it. | 不知道你是怎么熬过来的 |
[21:15] | The way he turns on the charm one minute | 他一下温柔无比 |
[21:18] | and then yanks it away. | 一下又当什么事都没发生过 |
[21:20] | How can you even talk to him? | 你到底怎么跟他交流 |
[21:22] | Don? | 唐 |
[21:24] | Would you stop it? | 别装了行吗 |
[21:25] | I realize you must’ve gone through everything I’ve gone through. | 我知道发生在我身上的事 你肯定也经历过 |
[21:28] | But now I know. It’s just– he’s a drunk. | 但我知道 当时他只是醉了 |
[21:31] | And they get away with murder because they forget everything. | 酒后乱性就不用负责任 |
[21:36] | I don’t know what you think. | 自己别瞎猜 |
[21:42] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[21:43] | Your problem is not my problem. | 我不存在你那种问题 |
[21:46] | – Fine. – And honestly, you should get over it. | -好吧 -说句实话 你应该把这事给忘了 |
[21:49] | please leave me alone. | 请你快走吧 |
[21:57] | -Thank you. – Thanks. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[22:00] | – Bye. – Bye. | -拜 -拜 |
[22:02] | – Did she go home? – No, she’s fine. | -她回去了吗 -没 她没事 |
[22:06] | Nothing else good happened. | 后面没什么精彩的 |
[22:12] | That went very well. | 进行得非常不错 |
[22:14] | You can stop the tape. | 可以停止录音了 |
[22:20] | Is she oka | 她没事吧 |
[22:21] | – Who? – Yeah, she’s fine. | -谁 -是的 她没事 |
[22:27] | All right. Let’s talk preliminary results. | 好了 我们来谈谈初步结论 |
[22:31] | Is it all right if we put this back the way it goes? | 不介意把这地方还给我们吧 |
[22:35] | – We can go to my office. – Let’s go in there. | -去我办公室吧 -我们去那边吧 |
[22:49] | That’s big big news. | 这可是天大的消息 |
[22:50] | If you need any baby crap, Jen and I have a closetful. | 如果你们需要育儿经 我们经验丰富 |
[22:55] | – Hello, fellas. – Good to see you, Kenny. | -各位好 -肯尼 见到你真好 |
[22:57] | – Pete. – How are you, Ken? | -皮特 -还好吗 肯 |
[23:01] | – Mr. Crane. – Over here, gil. | -克雷恩先生 -我才是 |
[23:04] | There’s a phone call for you. | 有您的电话 |
[23:06] | I’ve gotta get this. | 我得去接 |
[23:07] | Those goniffs at C.B.S. are screwing me again. | C.B.S电视网的那些混球又来给我找麻烦了 |
[23:10] | – Those what? – Order for me– caesar salad, no dressing. | -那些什么 -帮我点餐 凯撒沙拉 免调料 |
[23:17] | You want to take a look? | 要看看菜单吗 |
[23:18] | Sure. | 当然 |
[23:28] | Listen. I’ve got to get this out of the way. | 听着 我想开诚布公地跟你谈谈 |
[23:31] | But I would appreciate it for the future | 我希望你以后 |
[23:34] | if you would not say shit things about me behind my back. | 不要在背后说我的坏话 |
[23:38] | What? | 什么 |
[23:39] | Come on. Are you gonna deny it and make it worse? | 拜托 大男人要敢做敢当 |
[23:41] | I don’t know what you’ve heard, but it’s not true. | 我不知道你听到了什么风言风语 但那都不是真的 |
[23:44] | You didn’t call me an all-american idiot who fell into everything? | 你难道没说我是个处处失败的美国傻B吗 |
[23:49] | Whom did I supposedly say this to? | 我会跟谁讲这些呢 |
[23:52] | Does it matter? | 这重要吗 |
[23:53] | Well, I’d like to defend myself. | 我总得替自己辩解下吧 |
[23:56] | I heard that you told your wife that I was driving the tractor | 我听闻你跟你妻子说事故发生时 |
[23:58] | – When the accident happened. – What? | -开拖拉机的人是我 -什么 |
[24:02] | I don’t think so. | 我可没这么说 |
[24:03] | What I probably said was that you were involved– | 我说的好像是 你跟那件事脱不了关系 |
[24:06] | We all were– and that it was your account. | 我们都有责任 而且那是你的客户 |
[24:09] | And crane told me yesterday | 昨天克雷恩还告诉我 |
[24:10] | you said I was marrying for money. | 你说我是看上了岳父家的钱才结婚 |
[24:12] | I didn’t say that. He did. | 不是我 是他说的 |
[24:14] | Well, he’s like that and everybody who knows him knows that. | 他就是那样的人 认识他的人都知道这一点 |
[24:17] | But when you say it– and | 但从你嘴里说出来 |
[24:18] | especially when it gets back to my fiancee– | 而且还传到我未婚妻的耳朵去了 |
[24:20] | Trudy knows her, you know– some garden club. | 特鲁迪认识她 她们同属某个园艺俱乐部 |
[24:25] | I was unaware of that. | 我无心的 |
[24:27] | Look. You know what? | 听我说 |
[24:31] | I apologize– mea culpa. | 我道歉 是我不对 |
[24:36] | That’s textbook Harry. | 哈里真他妈的跟录音机一样 |
[24:39] | You know what? He’s buying lunch. | 知道吗 这顿他请 |
[24:41] | I don’t really care. I’m just glad to be out of the office. | 我无所谓 能出来透透气就很满足了 |
[24:44] | Mmm, it is nice, especially without having to listen | 确实不错 尤其是不用听 |
[24:47] | to some client yammering about how dirty the city is. | 某些客户抱怨这城市有多脏 |
[24:52] | How’s it going? | 在那边怎么样 |
[24:53] | I’ve been floating along laterally, | 我一直都只是随便玩玩 |
[24:55] | but I don’t know that it’s a love affair. | 没想到后来却产生了强烈的兴趣 |
[24:57] | – It’s better than Mccann. – What was that like? | -比麦肯广告公司要好 -之前那家怎么样 |
[24:59] | Are you kidding me? It’s the worst agency I’ve ever seen. | 你在开玩笑吗 它是我见过最烂的公司 |
[25:02] | The worst. | 烂中之最 |
[25:03] | My mother was a nurse at the state hospital in Vermont | 我妈曾是佛蒙特州立医院的护士 |
[25:06] | and that was the last time | 我还以为我再也不会 |
[25:07] | I saw so many retarded people in one building. | 在一栋楼里见到成群的弱智 |
[25:14] | So you’re getting married. Congratulations. | 不管怎么样 你快结婚了 恭喜 |
[25:18] | It’s all that really matters, right? | 这才是最重要的 对吧 |
[25:22] | Actually, I have a bit of news of my own. | 事实上 我也有个小消息告诉你 |
[25:26] | Trudy is with child. | 特鲁迪怀孕了 |
[25:29] | Good for you. Good for you. | 真不错 真不错 |
[25:32] | I’ll be honest– I can’t wait. | 老实说 我等不及了 |
[25:34] | It’s very good so far. | 目前情况不错 |
[25:37] | Hmm. A new family, a new agency– | 新生命 新公司 |
[25:40] | It has to be exciting. | 振奋人心 |
[25:41] | Well, you know, wherever you do this job, You’re doing this job. | 其实 不管在哪家公司 还不是一样工作 |
[25:45] | I know you’re all slaves to Draper over there, | 我明白在那边 你们都得听命于德雷柏 |
[25:47] | but I’d rather be a slave to creative than some old fart. | 但跟着有创意的人 总比跟着些老废物好 |
[25:52] | Whoever pours the last drink gets all the credit | 功劳都被上司抢去了 |
[25:54] | And you’re spinning your wheels half the time. | 而你很多时候都得累死累活的 |
[25:59] | Right now we’re chasing Mountain Dew. | 现在我们在抢激浪这单生意 |
[26:00] | Supposedly we’re going to turn it into Pepsi, | 理想的话 我们可以和百事签约 |
[26:03] | but the only reason Pepsi would do it | 但除非我们打败天联广告公司 |
[26:04] | is to make B.B.D.O. sweat. | 百事才会把单子交给我们 |
[26:06] | This whole idea that we’d get the bigger company is a joke. | 我们扩大公司的想法简直是个笑话 |
[26:10] | We’d just end up with a bunch of little pieces. | 最后我们只是一盘散沙 |
[26:15] | Well, the grass is always greener. | 别担心 总会有你施展抱负的机会的 |
[26:19] | Oh, who am I kidding? | 我在开什么玩笑呢 |
[26:21] | Look how lucky we are. | 看看我们多幸运 |
[26:23] | Another Campbell that’s just what the world needs. | 世界还需要一个你这样的人才 |
[26:42] | – Can I come in? – It’s your office. | -我能进来吗 -这本来就是你的办公室 |
[26:45] | Glad to see you’re feeling better. | 你没事我就放心了 |
[26:49] | If you don’t feel like working… | 如果你没心情工作… |
[27:03] | What? | 有事吗 |
[27:05] | I’m very embarrassed. | 我感觉非常尴尬 |
[27:07] | People cry in those groups all the time, Allison. | 这种调查小组经常会有人哭的 艾莉森 |
[27:11] | That’s not what I’m embarrassed about. | 我不是因为这个 |
[27:16] | This actually happened. | 那晚发生的事无法否认 |
[27:21] | I know. | 我懂了 |
[27:24] | I know. | 明白了 |
[27:26] | We made a mistake | 我们犯了错 |
[27:28] | and I feel like it’s awkward | 这让我感觉很尴尬 |
[27:33] | And it’s better for both of us if I move on. | 如果我离开的话 对我们俩都好 |
[27:36] | I don’t think that’s necessary. We’re both adults. | 其实没这个必要 我们都是成年人 |
[27:39] | No, I really would feel better about it. | 不是 这样我真的会感觉好些 |
[27:42] | A friend of mine told me about a job at a magazine | 我一个朋友告诉我 杂志社在招人 |
[27:46] | and I thought that might be interesting, working for a woman. | 我想 替一个女老板工作的话 应该也挺有意思的 |
[27:52] | Anyway, I | 总之 我 |
[27:55] | I would appreciate it if you could write me a recommendation. | 你如果能写封推荐信 我感激不敬 |
[27:58] | Absolutely. What would probably be even better | 没问题 你希望得到怎样的评价 |
[28:01] | is if you type up whatever you want and I’ll sign it. | 自己打出来 我直接签名就行 |
[28:05] | – What? – You’ve been sparkling in your duties. | -什么 -你工作表现极佳 |
[28:08] | Just put it on my stationery, put whatever you want and I’ll sign it. | 无论你在推荐信上写什么 我都会签字 |
[28:25] | I don’t say this easily, | 我不喜欢骂人 |
[28:27] | but you’re not a good person. | 但你真是个混蛋 |
[28:34] | Allison, hold on. | 艾莉森 等下 |
[28:51] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[28:54] | I’m gonna need a new secretary. | 帮我找个新秘书 |
[28:57] | And this cleaned up. | 再把这里清干净 |
[29:00] | Would you be open to allison returning in a couple of days? | 还愿意给艾莉森一次机会吗 |
[29:04] | If that’s what she wants. | 如果她愿意的话 |
[29:06] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:08] | No. | 不要了 |
[29:35] | There’s a Joyce Ramsey to see you at reception. | 接待处有一位乔伊斯·拉姆齐要见你 |
[29:41] | So at this point you’ve read everything out here? | 这么说 上面内容的你都会看 |
[29:44] | I don’t even like magazines, | 我并不喜欢杂志 |
[29:45] | but I brought in a book and they told me it didn’t look right. | 但工作时间带书来看又不太适合 |
[29:51] | Do you want to come back and see my office? | 想进我的办公室看看吗 |
[29:53] | Another time. | 下次吧 |
[29:55] | Listen, my friend the photographer, | 我那个摄影师朋友 |
[29:57] | Mr. Reject, he’s having a… | 就是之前被拒绝采用的那个 他要举办一个… |
[30:00] | I don’t even know what to call it… downtown. | 我也不知道叫什么 在市中心 |
[30:03] | Are you inviting me? | 你是在邀请我吗 |
[30:08] | – Are you afraid of the subway? – Of course not. | -你害怕坐地铁吗 -当然不怕 |
[30:12] | Thanks, sweetheart. | 谢谢你 甜妞 |
[30:14] | Washington Market, | 华盛顿交易所 |
[30:15] | Unless you have to work or have plans that are more interesting. | 要是没有工作或更有趣的事要忙 |
[30:19] | It starts at 9:00. I’ll be there at 10:00. | 九点开始 我十点会到 |
[30:26] | She’s kind of pretentious. | 她颇有点自命不凡 |
[30:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:38] | Darling, we’re so excited. | 亲爱的 我们太高兴了 |
[30:41] | Is that you, Peter? | 是你回来了吗 皮特 |
[30:43] | I’m gonna keep my mouth shut from now on. | 从现在起 我主动禁言 |
[30:48] | Well, hello there. | 你回来啦 |
[30:50] | How are you feeling? | 感觉如何 |
[30:51] | A little behind. | 没什么感觉呢 |
[30:53] | Why don’t you let me fix my father and you a drink | 不如我去给父亲和你倒杯酒 |
[30:55] | And you can show my mother | 你可以带我妈看看 |
[30:57] | what we have planned for the maid’s room. | 我们给女佣准备的房间 |
[30:58] | I’ll make the drinks. I don’t care. | 我去倒酒就可以了 不用客气 |
[31:00] | No, why don’t you show your mother the maid’s room? | 不 你带妈妈去看女佣的房间吧 |
[31:02] | I don’t know that I’m an expert. | 那些我可不大懂 |
[31:04] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[31:06] | Come along, mother. | 妈 跟我来吧 |
[31:10] | We’re a couple of lucky ducks, aren’t we? | 我们真是幸运 不是吗 |
[31:11] | We are. Tom, let me ask you something. | 是啊 汤姆 我有事得问问你 |
[31:14] | – What are you having? – In a minute. Listen– | -你这有什么酒 -稍等 是这样的 |
[31:16] | Oh, I know what you’re gonna say. | 我知道你想说什么 |
[31:20] | You need a bigger apartment. I get it. | 你们得换套更大的公寓 我懂 |
[31:23] | Every time you jump to conclusions, | 每次你急于定论 |
[31:24] | Tom, you make me respect you less. | 汤姆 就让我对你少点敬意 |
[31:26] | – What? – Look. | -什么 -是这样的 |
[31:27] | You gave us Clearasil and we’re extremely grateful, | 你把克利拉斯的案子给我们 我们深表感激 |
[31:30] | But there’s only so much business it’s going to do. | 但我们目前手头实在忙不过来 |
[31:32] | Yeah, well, that’s kind of in your hands, isn’t it? | 但这个广告案归你管 不是吗 |
[31:35] | I’m done auditioning. | 我不准备接了 |
[31:38] | You gave us this under a certain pretext. | 你给我们这案子是有条件的 |
[31:41] | I’ve done well by you. And the idea was | 我也接受了 但问题是 |
[31:43] | If we do well by this account, | 如果我们这个案子做得很好 |
[31:45] | You’ll give us a shot at the big one, | 你应该给我们一个机会去接更大的广告案 |
[31:46] | Because right now I have bigger business than Clearasil. | 现在 我们手头有个单子可比克利拉斯大多了 |
[31:50] | Are you mad at me? | 你这是在生我气吗 |
[31:51] | No. Clearasil was conflicted out by a bigger company | 不 旁氏公司觉得自身产品和克利拉斯有冲突 |
[31:55] | And I’m trying to build a business here. | 我只是为了业务考虑而已 |
[31:59] | Well, what do you want?Do you want the cough syrup? | 那你想怎么样 还想要咳嗽糖浆那个 |
[32:01] | I want all of it. | 我都想要 |
[32:03] | I want the formula 44 mixture, | 我希望拿下维克斯44系列所有产品的广告案 |
[32:05] | The cough drops, the inhaler, VapoRub. | 咳嗽糖浆 吸入器 伤风膏 |
[32:09] | Who’s doing a better job for you than I have? | 我一心为你服务 有谁会比我做得更好呢 |
[32:13] | Well, you’ve given me something to think about. | 我得好好想想 |
[32:17] | Really? | 真的 |
[32:19] | I think it’s pretty simple. | 其实这事很简单 |
[32:20] | What can I get you? | 想喝什么 |
[32:24] | Trudy, do we have any ice? | 特鲁迪 有冰块吗 |
[32:29] | You son of a bitch. | 你这个混蛋 |
[32:34] | Tom, you have to come see this. | 汤姆 快来看看这个 |
[33:43] | Joyce! | 乔伊斯 |
[33:45] | – I made it. – You look so elegant. | -终于到了 -你看上去真像个名媛 |
[33:49] | Okay. | 谢谢 |
[33:51] | Peggy works in the same building. | 佩奇跟我在同一幢楼里工作 |
[33:53] | Sharon was one of Davey’s models. | 雪伦是戴维的模特 |
[33:56] | – What did your mother say? – Oh, she doesn’t know. | -你妈对你做裸体模特怎么说 -她不知道 |
[34:02] | – What is that? – He screws around with movies too. | -那是什么 -他还捣鼓点电影 |
[34:06] | He’s not as good at it. | 但水平差强人意 |
[34:08] | I can’t believe how big this place is. | 真不敢相信这地方这么大 |
[34:11] | I think it was a sweatshop. | 以前应该是家血汗工厂 |
[34:13] | Is there beer or something? | 有啤酒什么的吗 |
[34:14] | I thought I saw someone with a beer. | 好像看到有人喝啤酒 |
[34:18] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[34:20] | I thought I needed a lot of attention. | 在这里真该多加小心才是 |
[34:24] | Listen, I’m already high, | 我已经抽过了 |
[34:26] | But this is easier than finding a beer. | 这个绝对要比啤酒更带劲儿 |
[34:30] | If you’d like? | 要试试吗 |
[34:32] | I’d love it. | 乐意尝试 |
[34:48] | I’m hungry. | 我很饥渴 |
[34:52] | I have a boyfriend. | 我有男朋友的 |
[34:54] | He doesn’t own your vagina. | 你的阴道又不属于他 |
[34:57] | No, but he’s renting it. | 但被他租用中 |
[36:14] | This film is more interesting than I thought. | 这电影比我想象中有趣多了 |
[36:17] | It’s rhythmic. | 很有节奏感 |
[36:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:25] | I thought I was gonna get to meet him. | 还以为能一睹摄影师的真容 |
[36:29] | Abe! | 艾博 |
[36:33] | Where the hell’s Kellogg? | 凯洛格人呢 |
[36:38] | Hey. Abe. | 你好 我是艾博 |
[36:40] | – Are you with Joyce? – Are you? | -你跟乔伊斯一起的吗 -是吗 |
[36:42] | – I’m peggy. – Peggy’s a writer. | -我是佩奇 -佩奇是个作家 |
[36:46] | So am I. What do you write? | 我也是 你写什么的 |
[36:47] | I’m a copywriter. | 我是广告文案 |
[36:49] | But what do you write? | 到底写什么的 |
[36:51] | That is writing. | 就是写广告的 |
[36:52] | You’re not working on something else? | 不做其他工作吗 |
[36:55] | Davey Kellogg, this is Peggy Olson. | 戴维·凯洛格 这位是佩奇·奥尔森 |
[36:58] | – She wanted to meet you. – I’m catholic. | -她想见你 -我是天主教徒 |
[37:01] | So do you like it? | 那你喜欢裸体艺术吗 |
[37:03] | I don’t think I’m supposed to. | 我的确不该有此喜好 |
[37:05] | I love your nudes. We’re looking for photographers. | 我喜欢你拍的裸体艺术照 我们正好在找摄影师 |
[37:09] | I’m glad I was here to see this. | 我很高兴适逢其会 |
[37:11] | – Who’s “We”? – I work at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce– | -你们是谁 -我在斯库德普公司工作 |
[37:14] | – Advertising. – Why would I ever do that? | -是家广告公司 -我有何理由要加入 |
[37:18] | So you can get paid to practice your art. | 这样你就能得到报酬 实践你的艺术 |
[37:21] | Art in advertising? | 广告中寻求艺术 |
[37:23] | [安迪·沃霍尔 波普艺术的倡导者和领袖 不但是优秀广告人 还是明星式艺术家] | |
[37:23] | Why would anyone do that after Warhol? | 沃霍尔之后 还有谁会这么干 |
[37:27] | Sorry, for somebody to sell their soul, | 抱歉 想售卖灵魂的话 |
[37:29] | They’ve got to have one. | 那也得有灵魂才行 |
[37:33] | It’s a raid! | 是警察来临检 |
[37:37] | This way. | 这边走 |
[37:39] | Wait wait. | 等等 |
[37:51] | Nobody move! | 都不许动 |
[37:53] | you know, I’ve been arrested before. | 其实 我之前被捕过 |
[37:57] | for what? | 所为何事 |
[37:59] | I was writing about this Boycott in Harlem | 我当时在写哈林区黑人抵抗运动的报道 |
[38:02] | And they wouldn’t leave, so I didn’t leave. | 他们不放弃 我当然不会离开 |
[38:05] | Oh. Did you go to jail? | 那你入狱了吗 |
[38:08] | No. | 没 |
[38:11] | My sister came and got me. | 我姐姐保释了我 |
[38:16] | I feel like I should kiss you. | 你让我情不自禁想吻你 |
[38:34] | Come on. | 快走 |
[38:39] | They chased everybody down the fire escape. | 他们把所有人都堵截在了防火梯那边 |
[38:45] | – Are they beating people? – They took the film. | -他们打人吗 -拿走了影片 |
[38:48] | I should see this. It could be a story. | 我得去看看 定会是篇好报道 |
[38:51] | – How can I find you? – I know where she is. | -以后怎么找你 -我知道她在哪 |
[39:24] | Nice to see you, miss Blankenship. | 你好 布兰肯希普小姐 |
[39:25] | I look forward to hearing that every day. | 我每天都盼望听到这句话 |
[39:28] | There’s coffee and a roll on your desk | 咖啡和卷饼在你桌上 |
[39:30] | And Mr. Sterling would like to see you. | 斯特林先生想见你 |
[39:33] | Roger, he’s here. | 罗杰 他来了 |
[39:36] | Could you get the others? | 帮我叫下其他人 |
[39:42] | Blankenship? Boy. | 布兰肯希普 天呐 |
[39:45] | Hello? Could you fetch Campbell and Pryce, Lane– misters. | 你好 帮我接坎贝尔和莱恩·普莱斯先生 |
[39:51] | What did you do to make them take her out of mothballs? | 你做了什么好事 居然把她给请出山了 |
[39:53] | She was working in Cooper’s apartment. | 她不是在库珀家做的吗 |
[39:55] | Allison found a better opportunity. | 艾莉森另有高就 |
[39:57] | Do you know he works without pants? | 你知道他喜欢光着下身工作吗 |
[39:59] | Morning, Don. | 早上好 唐 |
[40:00] | Don. Morning. | 唐 早 |
[40:02] | I’d like to say in front of this informal partners’ meeting | 非正式合伙人会议前 我想先宣布一下 |
[40:05] | That I am in the midst of signing Vicks Chemical– | 我争取到了维克斯制药公司的大单 |
[40:07] | The entire cough line. It bills at around $6 million | 整个感冒用品产线 这单约值六百万 |
[40:10] | – And they love television. – It’s truly spectacular news. | -他们喜欢做电视广告 -真是天大的好消息 |
[40:13] | Congratulations. How’d you swing that? | 恭喜 你怎么搞定的 |
[40:15] | I guess as the president would say, | 正如总统的名言所说 |
[40:17] | I turned chickenshit into chicken salad. | 我化腐朽为神奇了 |
[40:19] | I thought I’d kick Clearasil over to Geyer. | 克利拉思那个可以扔给盖尔公司了 |
[40:21] | Anyone but Chaough. | 除了赵给谁都行 |
[40:23] | We’re taking Philip Coakmeyer and Tom Vogel to luncheon today. | 今天还约了菲利普·科玛尔和汤姆·沃科一起吃午餐 |
[40:26] | Don’t worry, we already checked it with your, uh, girl. | 别担心 跟你”小秘”确认过时间了 |
[40:32] | – Keep it up. – Thank you, Don. | -再接再厉 -谢谢 唐 |
[40:38] | Please reschedule Dr. Miller. | 跟米勒博士的会议 帮我改期 |
[40:45] | They’re not really pornography, per se. | 那不是色情艺术或色情作品 |
[40:47] | They’re just nudes. | 就是人体摄影 |
[40:49] | They’re like renaissance paintings. | 就像文艺复兴时期的画作 |
[40:51] | The party sounds fun. We had nude models in school. | 那派对听着不错 我们学校也有裸体模特 |
[40:55] | You know right away whoever has the best drawing | 非常直接 谁画得最棒 |
[40:57] | is going to get her. | 谁就能泡上她 |
[40:58] | Did you know Malcolm X was shot last Sunday? | 你知道马尔科姆·艾克斯上周日被刺杀了吗 |
[41:01] | Yes, Peggy. | 知道 佩奇 |
[41:02] | Did you know who he was? | 那你知道他是谁吗 |
[41:04] | You ever read the stuff between the ads? | 除了广告 你难道还看其他东西吗 |
[41:06] | A few of us are sending a bottle of champagne to the Campbells. | 我们几个准备送瓶香槟给坎贝尔夫妇 |
[41:09] | I’ll sign the card. | 我在卡上签名就好 |
[41:11] | – I was hoping for a contribution. – No thank you. | -希望你也能出一份钱 -那就敬谢不敏了 |
[41:23] | Trudy’s pregnant? | 特鲁迪怀孕了吗 |
[41:26] | I can’t believe that guy’s married to her. | 真不敢相信那家伙能娶到她 |
[41:33] | I would get her so pregnant. | 换我早就让她怀孕了 |
[41:46] | Hello. | 你好 |
[41:49] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[41:51] | Yes. | 谢谢 |
[41:52] | A $6-million account should shut Lane up for a while. | 六百万美元的大单 能让莱恩消停一阵了 |
[41:55] | No, I mean about the baby. | 不 我是祝贺你喜得贵子 |
[42:00] | Yes. I guess that’s news. | 是 确实是好消息 |
[42:04] | I just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you… | 我只想告诉你 我非常为你高兴 |
[42:08] | Both. | 为你们俩 |
[42:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:44] | Dr. Miller is here to see you. | 米勒博士求见 |
[42:47] | It’s a she. | 是个女的 |
[42:51] | Send her in. | 请她进来 |
[42:59] | – What do you want? – Nothing. I moved the meeting. | -找我何事 -没 会议我改期了 |
[43:02] | Oh, your secretary said you needed to see me immediately. | 可你秘书让我马上来见你 |
[43:09] | We’re still working things out. | 我们还处在磨合期 |
[43:12] | Well, I’ve done everything but finish the report. | 我这边的工作都完成了 就剩报告还没完成 |
[43:15] | How’d we do? | 情况如何 |
[43:16] | Well, it turns out the hypothesis was rejected. | 事实证明之前的假设是不对的 |
[43:20] | I’d recommend a strategy that | 我推荐采用新的策略 |
[43:22] | links Pond’s cold cream to matrimony | 将旁氏冷霜与婚姻联系起来 |
[43:25] | A veiled promise. | 作出隐形承诺 |
[43:27] | Hello, 1925. | 那都老过时了 |
[43:30] | I’m not gonna do that, | 我不准备采用 |
[43:31] | So what are we gonna tell the client? | 我们准备怎么跟客户交代 |
[43:35] | I can’t change the truth. | 事实不容置疑 |
[43:37] | How do you know that’s the truth? | 你怎么能肯定那就是事实 |
[43:40] | A new idea is something they don’t know yet, | 所谓新点子 就是前所未知的 |
[43:42] | So of course it’s not gonna come up as an option. | 当然不可能事先预知结果 |
[43:44] | Put my campaign on TV for a year, | 我的广告在电视上播出一年之后 |
[43:46] | Then hold your group again, maybe it’ll show up. | 再次让你召开会议 可能才能知道结果 |
[43:48] | Well, I tried everything. | 因为所有尝试都已试过 |
[43:50] | I said “Routine.” I tried “Ritual.” | 比如说旁氏是日常保养 是”美容秘笈” |
[43:52] | All they care about is a husband. | 但女孩子们只关心找个好丈夫 |
[43:54] | You were there. I’ll show you the transcripts. | 你也看到的 我还有文字记录可供参考 |
[43:56] | You can’t tell how people are going to behave | 但你不可能根据他们过去种种 |
[43:58] | Based on how they have behaved. | 就断言今后一定如何 |
[44:00] | Why are you being so hostile? | 为何你这样敌意重重 |
[44:02] | You think I’ve never had this argument before? | 你以为我之前从未经历如此的质疑吗 |
[44:04] | Because you go in there | 因为你仅仅是走进去 |
[44:05] | and you stick your finger in people’s brains | 对她们灌输某种观念 |
[44:06] | And they just start talking– blah blah blah– just to be heard. | 她们就只是不断倾诉 就想找人倾听 |
[44:11] | And you know what? Not only does it have | 你知道吗 这样的结果 |
[44:12] | Nothing to do with what I do, but it’s nobody’s business | 不仅不关我的事 也不关任何人的事 |
[44:17] | Well, you’re the client. | 好吧 客户说了算 |
[44:19] | That’s right. | 就是这样 |
[44:41] | – Hello. – It’s Joyce. | -你好 -我是乔伊斯 |
[44:43] | Lunch, five minutes. | 一起午餐吧 五分钟后见 |
[44:45] | Um, sure. | 当然好 |
[44:47] | – Meet you in the lobby? – No, my friends want to see Megan. | -楼下大厅见 -不 我朋友想见见梅根 |
[44:56] | Pete, you remember Phil Coakmeyer. | 彼得 记得菲利普·科玛尔吗 |
[44:58] | – A pleasure to see you again. – Shall we? | -幸会 -能走了吗 |
[45:00] | We’re just waiting on Don. | 再等等唐 |
[45:11] | Hi. | 各位好 |
[45:13] | – You want to join us? – I can’t. | -一起去吗 -我走不开 |
[46:00] | Did you get pears? | 你买梨了吗 |
[46:05] | Did you get pears? | 你买梨了吗 |
[46:09] | Did you get pears? | 你买梨了吗 |
[46:11] | We’ll discuss it inside. | 进屋再说 |