时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | 5 6 7 Five, six, seven, | |
[00:40] | 8 9 10 11 Eight, nine, ten, eleven. | |
[00:43] | That’s two for the Campbells– | 这是给坎贝尔夫妇的两张 |
[00:43] | Where are these exactly? | 这些到底是哪儿的票 |
[00:44] | It’s a movie theater, no bad seats– | 电影院的票啊 全是上等座 |
[00:46] | The Cosgroves, | 科斯格罗夫夫妇的 |
[00:48] | And Joey, Stan, Danny– $10 each. | 而乔伊 斯坦 丹尼 每人10美元 |
[00:51] | How come we have to pay | 为什么我们就得付钱 |
[00:52] | when everyone knows damn well they were free? | 大家都看得很清楚 刚刚他们两个可没付钱 |
[00:54] | You’re such a Jew. | 你真是个守财奴 |
[00:56] | Your friends in Hollywood know you talk that way? | 你好莱坞的朋友也知道你这么说话吗 |
[00:58] | And let me tell you– you’re the Jew, | 要我说 你才是守财奴 |
[01:00] | Trying to make 30 bucks on something you got for free. | 想用免费得来的东西挣30块钱 |
[01:03] | 25 on Clay by a knockout. | 压25块 赌克莱会被击倒 |
[01:05] | Liston is favored for a reason. | 里斯顿可不是浪得虚名 |
[01:07] | Cassius Clay is scared. | 卡休斯·克莱害怕了 |
[01:08] | Of what, pray tell? | 怕什么 快告诉我 |
[01:10] | He had an elevated heart rate before the last fight. | 他在出最后一拳之前心跳加快了 |
[01:12] | Who says that means you’re scared? | 谁说这就是害怕了 |
[01:14] | It happens to me all the time. It runs in my family. | 我总这样 我家里人也是 |
[01:17] | Liston has the weight. And he’s never been knocked out. | 里斯顿是重量级选手 而且他一直是不败金身 |
[01:19] | Sonny’s old. | 桑尼太老了 |
[01:20] | He’s experienced. | 那叫经验丰富 |
[01:22] | Don, I’ve got your ticket. | 唐 我也替你弄了张票 |
[01:25] | You want to put something down? | 你要不要下点注 |
[01:26] | Stan’s got a barber who makes book. | 斯坦认识一个赌拳的理发师 |
[01:27] | Yeah, who do you like? | 是啊 你支持哪一个 |
[01:28] | I was just saying | 我刚还说 |
[01:29] | I think Clay’d make one hell of an adman. | 说不定可以请克莱过来拍广告呢 |
[01:31] | You’re right. Gimme 100 on Liston. | 没错 替我在里斯顿身上压100块 |
[01:35] | Joining us for a little pre-fight | 比赛开始前要不要和我们一起 |
[01:37] | steak and cocktails at the Palm? | 在棕榈餐厅吃点牛排 喝点鸡尾酒 |
[01:38] | Absolutely. Samsonite team, in my office. | 一定 新秀丽广告策划小组 到我办公室来 |
[01:44] | Listen, if it comes up with Jennifer, | 听着 如果詹妮弗问起的话 |
[01:46] | I did pay for the seats. | 就说这些票我是花了钱的 |
[01:49] | Can you make a dinner reservation | 能帮我和斯特林先生订个晚餐席吗 |
[01:50] | before the bout for Mr. Sterling and me | 用餐时间定在拳击赛开始之前 |
[01:51] | anywhere but the Palm? | 只要别在棕榈餐厅就行 |
[01:53] | I don’t know why everyone cares so much about it. | 我不知道为什么大家都这么喜欢这比赛 |
[01:55] | If I wanted to see two negroes fight, | 如果我想看两个黑人打架 |
[01:57] | I’d throw a dollar bill out my window. | 我只要从窗户扔一块钱出去就行 |
[01:59] | I thought we were doing this at 9:00. It’s 11:15. | 我记得会议原定9点 现在已经11:15了 |
[02:02] | I’m late, but you’re not. | 我迟到了 但你们没有 |
[02:04] | Good work so far. | 目前工作进展不错 |
[02:05] | – Where do you want me? – Behind the desk is fine. | -你们要我坐哪儿 -桌子后面就行 |
[02:17] | You’re in a white studio, like in some limbo. | 你身在一个白色摄影棚 一种空旷的境界 |
[02:20] | There’s two no-name football players | 有两个无名橄榄球运动员 |
[02:22] | holding an American Tourister and a Skyway | 分别拿着美国旅行者牌和航线牌的箱子 |
[02:25] | Going against Mr. Joe Namath | 他们走向乔·纳曼斯[橄榄球运动员] |
[02:28] | and his defender, a sexy girl | 和他的后卫 一位性感女郎 |
[02:31] | holding a Samsonite, and maybe a referee. | 她拿着一个新秀丽包 或者她是个裁判 |
[02:34] | So we hear “Hut hut, hike!” Namath fades back. | 我们听到”准备好 要开始了” 纳曼斯后退 |
[02:37] | “Oh no, it’s a blitz!” | “哦不 有偷袭” |
[02:42] | Punch in on Namath, he says something like… | 镜头对着纳曼斯 他说 |
[02:44] | “The secret to victory on the road is Samsonite. | 旅途顺利的秘诀就是新秀丽 |
[02:46] | I carry it because it’s tough | 新秀丽 坚固牢实 |
[02:48] | And no matter what comes at me, I know I’m protected.” | 无论发生何种险情 都时刻保障您的行李安全 |
[02:53] | As they fall, | 他们倒地的同时 |
[02:54] | the competitors will bust open, clothing flying out. | 对手的箱子会跌开 衣服都飞出来 |
[02:57] | Touchdown, Samsonite! | 新秀丽 完胜 |
[02:58] | – “I’ve got it, honey.” – “You sure do, Joe.” | -交给我吧 亲爱的 -当然了 乔 |
[03:01] | “Samsonite– it’s tough.” | 新秀丽 坚固牢实 |
[03:08] | Endorsements are lazy, | 找明星代言是懒惰的方式 |
[03:11] | and I don’t like Joe Namath. | 我也不喜欢乔·纳曼斯 |
[03:12] | He hasn’t even played in a professional game yet. | 他甚至还没参加过一场像样的比赛 |
[03:14] | He’s very handsome. | 但他很帅 |
[03:15] | And women don’t buy suitcases. | 而且女人是不会买手提箱的 |
[03:17] | Dr. Faye says they do. | 菲娅博士说她们会的 |
[03:20] | Could you leave us, please? | 你们可以暂时回避一下吗 |
[03:32] | Peggy, I’m glad that this is an environment | 佩奇 我很高兴你身处这样的工作环境中 |
[03:34] | where you feel free to fail. | 觉得失败了也没关系 |
[03:36] | You wanted to go with Danny’s idea. | 是你想采用丹尼的创意 |
[03:38] | Because it works– | 因为这个创意会很有效 |
[03:40] | “Only Samsonite is tough.” | “只有新秀丽最坚固” |
[03:41] | It’s the execution that’s the problem. | 问题出在创意执行上 |
[03:43] | – Okay, should it be funny? – Actually funny? | -那应该有趣一点吗 -真正的有趣吗 |
[03:46] | Maybe. Funny like what I just saw? No. | 也许吧 像刚才那样滑稽可不行 |
[04:09] | – Hello. – You remembered my birthday. | -喂 -你还记得我的生日 |
[04:13] | Did you open my present? | 礼物打开了吗 |
[04:15] | I am. Hold on. | 正在打开 等等 |
[04:22] | [菲利普斯&奥尔森广告公司] [佩奇·奥尔森 创意总监] | |
[04:25] | My goodness. | 我的天呐 |
[04:27] | I’m finally doing what I should’ve done years ago. | 我终于做了几年前就应该做的事 |
[04:30] | Phillips-Olson- something probably, | 菲利普&奥尔森 可能还会有其他合伙人 |
[04:32] | But I’ll need you. I want to form an agency | 但我需要你 我想成立一家 |
[04:34] | that specializes in women’s products | 专门做女性产品广告的公司 |
[04:36] | with you as my creative director. | 而你则是我的创意总监 |
[04:38] | I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知道该说什么了 |
[04:40] | But you’re smiling, right? | 但你在笑 是吧 |
[04:42] | I have some very– sort of a little under the table, | 我和丹碧丝公司的人进行了 |
[04:45] | but very high-level talks with the people at Tampax. | 非常高级别的会谈 应该说是秘密会谈 |
[04:48] | Peggy, it’s Tampax– 50% market share. | 佩奇 丹碧丝啊 占有50%的市场份额 |
[04:51] | I mean they’re really up there. | 我是说他们真的是个大客户 |
[04:53] | Plus that queer at Belle Jolie | 另外贝尔朱莉公司的那个基佬 |
[04:54] | has been barking up my tree. | 一直想成为我的客户 |
[04:56] | Plus I have my European connections. | 再说 我在欧洲还有广泛的人脉 |
[04:58] | It sounds exciting. | 听起来很令人兴奋 |
[04:59] | The train’s leaving the station, honey. | 亲爱的 我们蓄势待发 |
[05:01] | Get onboard. | 快加入吧 |
[05:06] | Where am I calling you? | 你现在在哪儿 |
[05:08] | I’m in my office at home. | 我在办公室 不过是设在家里的 |
[05:11] | So you already told Grey? | 你已经告诉精信公司你的计划了吗 |
[05:13] | I’m not wasting my talents over there anymore. | 我不想再在那儿浪费我的才华了 |
[05:15] | Believe me, it was mutual. | 相信我 辞职是双方共同的意思 |
[05:17] | Duck, did you lose your job? | 达克 你丢了工作吗 |
[05:20] | Peggy, this is good. | 佩奇 这是好事 |
[05:23] | I’m not gonna lie. | 我不想对你撒谎 |
[05:24] | I was a little inspired by what Draper did. | 德雷柏的行为给了我一些启发 |
[05:26] | Now I just need some accounts. | 现在我只需要找到一些客户 |
[05:30] | It’s tough because, well– | 这很困难 因为 |
[05:32] | It’s tough to get a credit line. | 贷款可不容易 |
[05:34] | So what do you have so far? | 那你目前为止有多少呢 |
[05:36] | I know it’s not a diamond necklace, | 我知道这礼物不是钻石项链 |
[05:38] | but I did spend some money on those cards. | 但我确实在那些名片上花了一些钱 |
[05:39] | And I appreciate the gesture. | 我很感激你的邀请 |
[05:43] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[05:45] | I don’t know whether to take this seriously, | 我不知道是不是应该当真 |
[05:47] | Because I suspect you’ve been drinking. | 因为我猜你在喝酒吧 |
[05:50] | Well, you’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[05:52] | I heard about the clios. | 我听说了你在克里奥颁奖礼上的事 |
[05:54] | I have to see you tonight. | 我今晚要见你 |
[05:56] | I have plans. | 我有安排了 |
[05:58] | What, with that Mark? He’s another one. | 什么 跟那个马克一起吗 你的男人还真多啊 |
[06:00] | Duck, you are a valuable account man. | 达克 你是一个很有价值的业务员 |
[06:03] | You have a bright future. | 你前途光明 |
[06:04] | You just need to go to one of those headhunters and– | 你只需要到任何一家猎头公司去 然后 |
[06:06] | – I need to see you, babe. – Don’t do that. | -我想见你 宝贝 -别这样 |
[06:10] | Peg, I’m falling apart. | 佩 我要崩溃了 |
[06:14] | Don’t you know you’re the last thing | 你难道不知道这世上只有你 |
[06:15] | that made me feel good about myself? | 才能让我觉得自己还有价值吗 |
[06:18] | Pull your hands out of your panties. | 把手从你的裤子里拿出来 |
[06:21] | I can’t talk right now. | 我现在不方便讲话 |
[06:25] | I want to see you tonight. | 我今晚要见你 |
[06:30] | You been flirting in here? | 你在里面”自娱自乐”吗 |
[06:33] | I have to go. | 我挂了 |
[06:43] | We’re going to lunch. | 我们要去吃午饭 |
[06:45] | I don’t know if you could tell, but he hated it. | 不知道你们看出来没 他讨厌之前那个广告 |
[06:47] | I was hating it too while we were doing it, | 展示的时候 其实连我自己都很讨厌 |
[06:49] | But not before. I’m not gonna lie. | 但之前觉得还好 我实话实说 |
[06:53] | So we’re back to the drawing board. Still gotta eat. | 所以我们要重新开始 但还是要吃饭 |
[06:55] | Come on, it’s your birthday. | 来吧 今天是你的生日 |
[06:57] | We’ll let you talk through lunch. | 吃饭的时候你可以说说你的想法 |
[07:02] | You got a call | 你上厕所时 |
[07:03] | while you were in the toilet to the direct line– | 有个直接打到你办公室的电话 |
[07:05] | Stephanie from California, | 加利福尼亚的斯蒂芬妮 |
[07:06] | No last name. She says it’s urgent. | 没留姓 她说是紧急事情 |
[07:10] | Would you like me to place the call? | 要我替您回拨过去吗 |
[07:12] | No, I’ve got it. | 不用 我知道了 |
[07:46] | Bad news. Our night is ruined. | 坏消息 我们的拳击之夜要被毁了 |
[07:50] | I took care of that. | 我都安排好了 |
[07:52] | The kids are going to the Palm. | 那帮家伙打算去棕榈餐厅吃饭 |
[07:54] | We are going anywhere else. | 我们 去个别的地方 |
[07:56] | Well, the brotherhood of Alcoholics Anonymous– | 一个来自匿名戒酒者协会的人 |
[07:59] | Freddy and Cal Rutledge from Pond’s– | 还有旁氏的弗雷迪和卡尔·拉特利奇 |
[08:00] | will be joining us for dinner and the fight, | 都会和我们一起吃晚餐 看比赛 |
[08:03] | which means we’ll have to drink before dinner | 所以如果我们真想喝酒 |
[08:05] | if we want to drink at all. | 就只能在晚餐前喝了 |
[08:06] | And then there’s all the talk about drinking | 然后他们会一直谈论喝酒的事 |
[08:08] | where they start with the funny stories | 先说一些好笑的事 |
[08:09] | and they end up crying. | 最后痛哭流涕 |
[08:12] | Again. | 再来一杯 |
[08:14] | 15 months I’ve been waiting for this fight. | 这场比赛让我苦等15个月 |
[08:16] | $300. | 我赌了300块 |
[08:17] | Liston has to lose by unconsciousness. | 除非里斯顿失去意识才算是输 |
[08:21] | – Get rid of ’em. – I can’t. | -那就避开他们 -不可能 |
[08:25] | – I should work on Samsonite. – That’s in two weeks. | -我要忙新秀丽的事 -那是两周后的 |
[08:28] | I’m gonna be in Florida. Now this is your job too. | 那时我在佛罗里达 现在这个也是你的工作 |
[08:30] | – Let’s go. – I’m sorry. You can do that without me. | -走吧 -对不起 你可以一个人去 |
[08:34] | – Samsonite you can’t. – Are you serious? | -但新秀丽没我不行 -你说真的吗 |
[08:36] | We can solve this problem with a flask. | 我们可以轻松解决这个问题 |
[08:38] | No, I wouldn’t be good company anyway. | 不行 反正我也不是个好陪客 |
[08:41] | That’s never bothered me before. | 我以前可从没在意过 |
[09:20] | I don’t know what it is, | 我不知道是怎么回事 |
[09:21] | But I look at the side of your neck | 我看着你的脖子一侧 |
[09:23] | and I wish I had one of those James Bond pens | 就会希望我能有詹姆斯·邦德那样的笔 |
[09:25] | so I could jam a dart in it. | 可以在里面藏一支飞镖 |
[09:29] | James Bond likes to travel. He goes all over the world. | 詹姆斯·邦德喜欢旅游 他走遍了世界 |
[09:32] | He goes underwater. He met a girl underwater. | 他到过水下 在水下邂逅一个女孩 |
[09:38] | I think this is a good place to stop. | 今天就到这儿吧 |
[09:40] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[09:45] | Oh, great. | 好吧 |
[09:48] | I don’t like sitting at my desk | 我不喜欢坐在我的办公桌后 |
[09:49] | and looking into a garbage dump. | 看着垃圾堆积如山 |
[09:51] | Although I am paid less, I am still not a janitor. | 我的工资虽不高 但也不是个清洁工 |
[10:01] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 谢谢了 绅士们 |
[10:05] | Doing something special for your birthday? | 生日有什么特殊安排吗 |
[10:07] | Mark is taking me to dinner– | 马克要带我去吃饭 |
[10:09] | The forum of the Twelve Caesars. | 帝王酒家[位于洛克菲勒中心] |
[10:12] | Yes. | 没错 |
[10:14] | – How old are you? – 26 today. | -你多大了 -今天刚好26 |
[10:18] | Well, you’re doing all right, aren’t you? | 正是花开堪折的时候 不是吗 |
[10:25] | Well, hello. | 你好啊 |
[10:26] | – Did I hear it’s your birthday? – It is. | -今天是你的生日吧 -是的 |
[10:30] | How are you feeling? | 怀孕的感觉如何 |
[10:33] | Of course my days are spent sleeping and visiting the ladies’room, | 虽然我整天犯困 不停跑厕所 |
[10:36] | Although it’s an incredible feeling | 但感觉真的很不可思议 |
[10:39] | Having this baby kick me. | 感受着宝宝的胎动 |
[10:41] | Is it any different than living with Pete? | 比嫁给皮特还不可思议吗 |
[10:44] | You’re witty. | 你果然很逗 |
[10:47] | I always assumed that, but it turns out it’s true. | 我一直都感觉是这样的 原来是真的 |
[10:51] | Are you going to watch the fight? | 你会去看拳赛吗 |
[10:53] | Oh, yes. I’ve been watching boxing since I was a little girl. | 当然 我从小就看拳击 |
[10:58] | My father loves blood sport. | 我父亲喜欢血腥的运动 |
[11:01] | Mr. Draper’s looking for you. | 德雷柏先生找你 |
[11:04] | I’m sorry. I have to go. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[11:09] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[11:10] | You know, 26 is still very young. | 26岁尚算风华正茂 |
[11:21] | Have fun. | 祝各位尽兴 |
[11:24] | I want a rare steak | 我想吃牛排 |
[11:26] | and I want to see those two men pound each other. | 还想看那俩男人互殴 |
[11:28] | Cynthia’s at the restaurant. We should go. | 辛西娅已经在餐厅了 我们该出发了 |
[11:30] | What about Jennifer? | 詹妮弗呢 |
[11:32] | Oh, don’t go in there. Don’t do it. | 别进去 千万别去 |
[11:37] | – She’s dead. – Let’s beat it before it’s us. | -她死定了 -趁找上我们前赶紧开溜 |
[11:41] | – I was just on my way out. – Did you get California? | -我正准备下班 -你联系加州那边了吗 |
[11:45] | Do you want me to try before I depart? | 要我下班前帮你联系下吗 |
[11:47] | There’s a time difference, you know. | 两地有时差的 你知道的 |
[11:49] | I do, but it goes the other way. | 我知道 但这会儿那边还早得很 |
[11:52] | Good night, Mr. Draper. | 晚安 德雷柏先生 |
[11:55] | Get in here. | 进来 |
[11:58] | Why don’t you talk to Joan and get rid of her? | 为何不跟琼说换个秘书 |
[12:00] | No, Joan knew exactly what I needed | 不 琼很清楚我需要什么样的秘书 |
[12:02] | and made sure that I got it. | 也帮我请到了 |
[12:05] | So where are we on Samsonite? | 新秀丽的广告案进展如何 |
[12:07] | We’ll have something to show you in the morning. | 明早会向你展示我们的新成果 |
[12:09] | But the suspense is killing me. | 我可等不到明早 |
[12:11] | Well, I kind of was on my way out. | 我正要下班走人呢 |
[12:14] | Let me just see where we are. | 跟我说下进展情况就好 |
[12:18] | I guess I’ve got a minute. | 好吧 我可以再留一会 |
[12:43] | Okay. We thought that samsonite is | 好吧 我们将新秀丽比作 |
[12:46] | This very rare element, this mythical substance, | 一种稀有元素 一种神奇的物质 |
[12:49] | The hardest on earth– | 世上最坚固的物质 |
[12:50] | and we see an adventurer leaping through a cave. | 广告中 一个冒险家带着新秀丽箱包穿越洞穴 |
[12:53] | Is this a substance much like bullshit? | 这算什么神奇物质 扯淡吗 |
[12:57] | I thought we could drop one off the Eiffel Tower | 我觉得我们可以将这箱子从埃菲尔铁塔扔下 |
[12:58] | With a countdown– like the moonshot– | 旁边设立倒计时 就像发射月球探测器一样 |
[13:01] | And show how it doesn’t break. | 让大家看看这样它都不会坏 |
[13:02] | – But it would, wouldn’t it? – Probably. | -但它会摔坏 不是吗 -可能吧 |
[13:07] | The government has prohibited us from doing things like that, Peggy. | 政府明令禁止我们制作类似广告 佩奇 |
[13:09] | They feel that it is not in the public interest. | 他们认为这有违公众利益 |
[13:13] | We have a thing with samson, | 还有个关于参孙的创意 |
[13:15] | Because he’s strong– and his hair. | 因为他很强壮 还有他的头发 |
[13:19] | I gave you more responsibility | 我让你负责更多事务 |
[13:20] | and you didn’t do anything? | 而你就这样一无所成 |
[13:22] | That you like. We did work… a lot. | 你看不上而已 事实上我们做了很多 |
[13:25] | I don’t care if you work 10 seconds | 只要你们能交出让我满意的作品 |
[13:26] | if you bring me something I like. | 就算你们一天只工作10秒钟我也不介意 |
[13:28] | We’re going to do this right now. | 现在就来把这广告案搞定 |
[13:31] | Oh, I know you have plans. | 我知道你另有安排 |
[13:35] | You were going to call me from a bar with an idea? | 你打算找个酒吧 想到好点子再打电话给我吗 |
[13:37] | Do you think elves do this? | 你以为灵感精灵会降临酒吧吗 |
[13:40] | you’re just gonna change it anyway. | 不管我交什么 你总归还是会改的 |
[13:42] | Excuse me?! | 你说什么 |
[13:57] | – This is Mark Kerney. – I am so sorry. | -我是马克·肯尼 -真是抱歉 |
[13:59] | I got drawn into his web. It’s gonna be a while. | 我撞他枪口上了 还得耽搁一会 |
[14:02] | A while like soon, or a while like I should cancel? | 就耽搁一会 还是得择日再聚 |
[14:05] | 15 minutes? It shouldn’t take too long. | 15分钟吧 不会太久的 |
[14:07] | – He’s going to the boxing match. – He’s going to Maine? | -他还要去看拳赛的 -他要去缅因州吗 |
[14:10] | You can watch it on closed-circuit tv in the movie theaters. | 可以上影院闭路电视看的 |
[14:12] | We got tickets. | 我们公司有票 |
[14:14] | How come we didn’t go? | 那我们干嘛不去 |
[14:15] | Because we’re having a romantic dinner for my birthday. | 因为我们要为我庆生 共进晚餐 |
[14:19] | Well, did you tell him that? | 你跟他说了这个吗 |
[14:21] | Look, I’m the only one who can help him with this | 这会儿只剩我在公司帮他 |
[14:23] | And the sooner I get off the phone,the sooner I can come. | 越早挂电话 我就能越早出发 |
[14:25] | Just hurry, will you? | 务必尽快 好吗 |
[14:29] | She’s gonna be a few minutes late. | 她会迟到几分钟 |
[14:31] | A surprise on top of a surprise. | 真是惊喜之上更有惊喜 |
[14:33] | She works too hard. | 她工作太勤力了 |
[14:36] | “The oysters of hercules,which you with sword shall carve.” | 大力神牡蛎 动刀才能切开 |
[14:39] | I saw a tray pass by. They look like hockey pucks. | 我刚看到有人点的 跟冰球似的 |
[14:42] | $1.65. You should let Gerry get this. | 1.65美元一份 这顿该让格里请的 |
[14:46] | Mom, don’t cut the kid off at the knees. | 妈 别扰了这孩子的好意嘛 |
[14:54] | Now what if an elephant either sits on or steps on the suitcase? | 让个大象 坐在或者站在手提箱上怎样 |
[15:03] | How about a slow-moving airplane runs it over? | 让缓慢前行的飞机碾过它怎么样 |
[15:06] | Do you like Cassius Clay? | 你喜欢卡休斯·克莱吗 |
[15:09] | – He’s very handsome. – I don’t think so. | -他很帅 -我不觉得 |
[15:12] | You’re not supposed to. | 你是不该觉得 |
[15:14] | I remember my mother talking about Nat King Cole in a way | 还记得我妈聊起奈特·金·科尔那一脸花痴样 |
[15:16] | That made my father throw out all his records. | 惹得我爸把所有他的唱片都扔了 |
[15:21] | He’s got a big mouth. | 克莱是个大嘴巴 口无遮拦 |
[15:23] | “I’m the greatest.” Not if you have to say it. | “我最棒” 是的话还用说吗 |
[15:28] | Muhammad Ali. | 穆罕默德·阿里 |
[15:30] | Do you like the airplane? | 你喜欢飞机那创意吗 |
[15:32] | Liston just goes about his business, | 里斯顿只需按照自己节奏掌握比赛 |
[15:36] | Works methodically. | 有条不紊组织进攻 |
[15:39] | Clay will dance and talk, | 克莱喜欢耍花枪 |
[15:41] | Throw a few until he’s wiped out. | 抵挡一阵 然后一准落败 |
[15:45] | A bag under an airplane looks like there’s been an accident. | 飞机碾过箱子 应该会出事故的吧 |
[15:49] | Three classes of suitcase– | 三个重量级别的手提箱 |
[15:52] | Featherweight, middleweight, heavyweight– | 轻量级 中量级 重量级 |
[15:56] | For whatever class you’re in. | 任选一个级别较量 |
[15:59] | But how do you do that on tv? | 但在电视上要怎么表现 |
[16:01] | – What’s the story? – You don’t like it? | -故事怎么展开 -你不喜欢这创意 |
[16:04] | No, I love it. That’s great. That’s what we should do. | 不 我很喜欢 非常棒 非此莫属 |
[16:14] | Let it ring. | 让它响去 |
[16:17] | I’ll say you’re not here. | 我会跟他说你不在的 |
[16:20] | Hello? Oh hello, Roger. | 你好 哦 罗杰你好 |
[16:22] | No, he’s not here. | 不 他不在 |
[16:24] | I answer other people’s phones all the time. | 我一直都替别人接电话的 |
[16:27] | I’m going to count to three, then I’m gonna start saying | 我数到三再不让他接电话 我就要开始 |
[16:29] | A lot of words you don’t like, sweetheart. | 说很多不中听的话了 亲爱的 |
[16:32] | – This should be good. – I’m begging you– | -找我什么好事 -我求求你 |
[16:34] | Get down here right away. | 马上过来这里 |
[16:36] | You think I’d rather be working? | 你以为我高兴加班啊 |
[16:38] | Yeah, I do. | 我就这么想的 |
[16:39] | Did you know Freddy Rumsen collects Indian arrowheads? | 你知道弗雷迪·拉姆森收集印第安人的箭头吗 |
[16:43] | where are you? | 你在哪 |
[16:45] | There’s a bar next to Keenes. | 奇恩斯牛排店附近有个酒吧 |
[16:46] | I’ve been sneaking off to fortify myself. | 我躲在这儿先喝上几杯 |
[16:48] | Tell ’em you’re sick. Go home. | 告诉他们你病了就好了 回家吧 |
[16:50] | I am sick. I think I overdid it. | 我本来就病了 过度劳累 |
[16:53] | And they’re self-so-righteous. | 戒酒会那些人一向自以为是 |
[16:55] | I never pissed my pants. | 我可从未因喝酒犯过事 |
[16:57] | This guy Rutledge killed a man with a motorboat. | 那个拉特利奇还驾摩托艇撞死过人 |
[17:00] | You know what gets you over something like that? | 知道怎样才能忘记这样的惨剧吗 |
[17:02] | Drinking. | 喝酒 |
[17:04] | Still got your ticket. | 你的票还在我这 |
[17:06] | It’s an attractive offer. | 别诱惑我 |
[17:08] | Look out your window. Can you see me? | 从你窗口看过来 能看到我吗 |
[17:13] | Good night, sweetheart. | 晚安 亲爱的 |
[17:18] | Go ahead. I’ll wait. | 去接吧 我等着 |
[17:27] | – Hello. – 15 minutes? It’s almost an hour. | -你好 -15分钟? 都快一小时了 |
[17:31] | I’m so sorry. I’m gonna leave any minute. | 真抱歉 我应该马上可以走了 |
[17:34] | Did you at least have something? | 你有吃点东西垫肚子吗 |
[17:35] | You have to get down here. | 你必须过来 |
[17:37] | You have to get down here right away. | 必须马上过来 |
[17:40] | I can’t just leave, okay? | 我不能就这样走了 好吗 |
[17:43] | But you have to, okay? | 但你必须来 好吗 |
[17:45] | You know what? Just go to my apartment and wait for me. | 这样吧 你直接去我公寓等我 |
[17:47] | We can eat there another time. | 我们另约时间再去那家好了 |
[17:48] | No, I don’t want to do that. | 不行 我不想这样做 |
[17:51] | – I’ll make it worth your while. – Damn it, Peggy. | -我保证让你”不虚今宵” -见鬼 佩奇 |
[17:53] | I’ve got your whole family here for a surprise dinner, okay? | 我约了你全家一起聚餐给你惊喜的 |
[17:57] | And the only way you can make it worse is by not coming at all. | 迟到已经够让人扫兴的了 你还想失约 |
[18:00] | Oh, Mark. | 哦 马克 |
[18:03] | I’m so sorry. I’m coming right now. | 真的很抱歉 我马上来 |
[18:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:11] | Well, so much for the surprise. | 惊喜到此为止了 |
[18:19] | Okay, I’m going to leave if that’s all right with you. | 好了 可以的话我想现在先走了 |
[18:21] | I’m not so sure about it. | 我可不这么认为 |
[18:24] | I mean every time we get into this, | 之前讨论过的每个创意 |
[18:25] | We abandon the toughness idea. | 都集中在坚固耐用这一点上 |
[18:27] | Maybe there’s something to the elephant. | 也许可以在那个大象身上做文章 |
[18:32] | Do you want one? | 想来一杯吗 |
[18:37] | I’m sorry. Do you have someplace to be? | 抱歉 你要赶着去哪里吗 |
[18:41] | Maybe tap your foot so I get the message. | 不如用脚敲敲地板 给点暗示好了 |
[18:44] | I was supposed to be at dinner an hour ago. | 我一小时前就该去赴晚餐之约的 |
[18:46] | It’s my birthday, | 今天是我生日 |
[18:47] | and I’m pretty sure I ruined everything. | 而现在我毁了所有庆生活动 |
[18:49] | – Why the hell didn’t you tell me? – I don’t know. | -那你干嘛不早说 -我不知道 |
[18:51] | Because I thought this would take a second. | 因为我以为这很快就结束的 |
[18:53] | So now I’m supposed to feel like crap? | 所以我应该感到愧疚难当吗 |
[18:54] | Oh, I’m so sick that I ruined her birthday. | 噢我真变态 竟然不让她好好过生日 |
[18:58] | Do you know when my birthday is? | 你知道我哪天生日吗 |
[19:00] | – I was your secretary! – Well, enjoy your evening! | -我当过你秘书 -好好过你的生日去 |
[19:03] | By the way, you are 20-something years old. | 还有 你都二十好几了 |
[19:06] | It’s time to get over birthdays. | 居然还这么在意生日 |
[19:10] | Go ahead. I’ll do it myself. | 尽管去吧 我自己来好了 |
[19:32] | Yes, I’m that important. | 没错 我贵人事多 |
[19:35] | So the fact that you’re calling | 你现在还打电话给我 |
[19:36] | means that you haven’t left yet. | 说明你还没出发吧 |
[19:38] | I’m not gonna be able to make it at all. | 我没办法过来了 |
[19:41] | – Are you kidding me? – I’m sorry, | -你开什么玩笑 -抱歉 |
[19:43] | But no one asked you to do this. | 但谁让你自作主张请我全家都去的 |
[19:45] | You said you never had a surprise. | 你自己说你过生日从没有过惊喜 |
[19:48] | I can’t believe you. | 我简直不相信你会这么说 |
[19:50] | This is your mother speaking. | 我是你妈 |
[19:52] | Hello, ma. | 你好 妈 |
[19:53] | I just want you to know that we’re all here– | 我只想告诉你 我们都在这 |
[19:55] | Me, Anita, Gerry, the roommate– | 我 安妮塔 格里 你室友 |
[19:58] | And we’re not leaving until you march in here. | 你不来我们就不走 |
[20:00] | I can’t, okay? Could you put Mark on the phone? | 我来不了 能把电话给马克吗 |
[20:04] | He’s crestfallen, you know? | 他失望极了 你知道吗 |
[20:05] | – Mrs. Olson, it’s okay. – It’s not okay. | -我没事 奥尔森女士 -怎么会没事 |
[20:09] | Now he’s making excuses for you. | 他还帮你找借口 |
[20:11] | I don’t know how many nice boys | 我不知道你自认为 |
[20:12] | you think are lining up for you. | 有多少好男人排着队要追你 |
[20:15] | You should be grateful. Okay, goodbye. | 能与他在一起 你应该感到庆幸 好了 再见 |
[20:20] | – Hello? – I’m sorry I ruined this | -喂 -很抱歉我毁了你精心安排的惊喜晚餐 |
[20:22] | And I’m sorry you had to spend the evening with my mother. | 让你和我那难缠的妈妈呆在一起 我更是愧疚难当 |
[20:25] | You know what? She’s right. | 你知道吗 她说的很有道理 |
[20:27] | Really? Then why don’t you date her? | 是吗 那你和她约会好了 |
[20:29] | She’s never even had a job. | 她连份工作都没有过 |
[20:31] | How the hell are you mad at me? | 你干嘛对我发火 |
[20:33] | Because you used my birthday to get in good | 因为你利用我的生日 |
[20:35] | With a bunch of people who drive me crazy. | 来讨好这些我讨厌的人 |
[20:37] | Should I have invited Don? You never stand him up. | 我是不是该邀请唐啊 有他在你一定会来的 |
[20:40] | What’s the point of doing anything nice for you? | 我这么做是为了谁啊 |
[20:43] | Jesus. You even sound like my mother. | 天啊 你说话都跟我妈一模一样了 |
[20:45] | I’m already into this place for $40. | 我已经在这地方花了四十块了 |
[20:47] | If you don’t mind, I’m going to enjoy my dinner | 你不介意的话 我要开始享用我的晚餐了 |
[20:49] | And you enjoy your work. | 你好好享受你的工作吧 |
[20:51] | I think you would stay there– | 就知道你不会走的 |
[20:54] | You know what? | 你给我听好了 |
[20:57] | – Forget it. – No. What? | -算了 -别 说下去 |
[21:00] | You want to do this right now? | 你想现在说这个吗 |
[21:01] | – Do what? – Fine. | -说什么 -好吧 |
[21:04] | It’s been nice knowing you. Happy birthday. | 很高兴与你相识一场 生日快乐 |
[21:08] | – So that’s it? – Yup. Good night. | -就这样了 -对 晚安 |
[21:15] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:21] | It’ll be fine. | 会没事的 |
[21:23] | Couples fight. Ask Gerry. | 床头吵架床尾和 不信你问格里 |
[21:38] | What’s wrong? Elevator out? | 怎么 电梯坏了吗 |
[21:42] | I think I just broke up with Mark. | 马克刚刚和我分手了 |
[21:44] | Oh. Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:47] | I think so. | 应该是吧 |
[21:50] | So go home. | 那回家吧 |
[21:51] | Nope. I’m ready to work. | 不 我要工作 |
[21:54] | You win. Again. | 你又赢了 |
[21:58] | You could’ve just told me it was your birthday. | 你之前可以告诉我今天是你生日 |
[22:00] | Right, and there’d be no repercussions. | 是啊 然后你就会放我走了 |
[22:02] | So now this is my fault? | 你现在把错怪我头上吗 |
[22:04] | Well, it’s not my fault | 你不用顾及麻烦的家人 |
[22:05] | you don’t have a family, friends or anywhere else to go. | 也不用和朋友消遣应酬 这可不是我的错 |
[22:07] | Go. Go. Run to him like in the movies. | 那你去啊 像电影桥段那样 疯狂地跑向他 |
[22:11] | – You don’t have to be here. – I do have to be here | -你没必要留在这 -我当然有必要留在这儿 |
[22:14] | Because of some stupid idea from Danny | 因为你居然使用丹尼的可笑创意 |
[22:15] | Who you had to hire because you stole | 你雇佣他 不过是因为 |
[22:17] | His other stupid idea because you were drunk. | 你那天酩酊大醉 剽窃了他的另一个可笑创意 |
[22:21] | Don’t get personal because you didn’t do your work. | 别牵扯私人恩怨 你工作没做好才是根本原因 |
[22:24] | And by the way, I know it kills you, | 顺便告诉你 我知道对你来说很难接受 |
[22:26] | But guess what: There is no “Danny’s idea.” | 事实就是 没有所谓的丹尼的创意 |
[22:29] | Everything that comes in here belongs to the agency. | 所有东西都属于公司的可利用资源 |
[22:31] | You mean you. | 你说的是属于你个人吧 |
[22:33] | As long as you still work here. | 没错 只要你还在这里工作 |
[22:34] | Is that a threat? | 这是威胁吗 |
[22:36] | Because I’ve already taken somebody up on one of those tonight. | 因为已经有其他人向我抛出橄榄枝了 |
[22:39] | – Relax. – You know what? | -冷静点 -你知道吗 |
[22:41] | Here’s a blank piece of paper. | 这里有张白纸 |
[22:42] | Why don’t you turn that into glo-coat? | 你试试能不能做出彩衣地板蜡的广告 |
[22:44] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[22:46] | You gave me 20 ideas | 你给了我二十个创意 |
[22:47] | And I picked out one of them | 我挑了其中一个 |
[22:49] | That was a kernel that became that commercial. | 那就是后来那个广告的核心 |
[22:51] | – So you remember. – I do. | -你还记得啊 -是啊 |
[22:53] | It was something about a cowboy. Congratulations. | 关于一个牛仔的嘛 恭喜你 |
[22:55] | No, it was something about a kid locked in a closet | 不 是关于一个小孩儿被锁在柜橱里 |
[22:57] | Because his mother was making him wait for the floor to dry, | 因为他母亲要等地板干了才放他出来 |
[23:00] | Which is basically the whole commercial. | 基本上整个广告就是这样的 |
[23:01] | It’s a kernel. | 核心部分罢了 |
[23:02] | Which you changed just enough so that it was yours | 你改动了一点让它变成你的 |
[23:05] | I changed it into a commercial. | 我把它从创意变成广告 |
[23:06] | What, are we going to shoot him in the dark in the closet? | 不然你想在漆黑一片的柜橱里拍吗 |
[23:09] | That’s the way it works. | 广告界就是这样的 |
[23:10] | There are no credits on commercials. | 优秀的作品不可能是一人之功 |
[23:12] | – But you got the clio! – It’s your job! | -但你借此拿了克里奥奖 -这是你的工作 |
[23:15] | I give you money, you give me ideas. | 我付你薪水 你给我创意 |
[23:18] | And you never say thank you. | 但你连句谢谢都没说 |
[23:19] | That’s what the money is for! | 所以我才要付你薪水 |
[23:22] | You’re young. You will get your recognition. | 你还年轻 你总有一天会出人头地的 |
[23:24] | And honestly, it is absolutely ridiculous | 老实说 只工作了两年 |
[23:26] | to be two years into your career and counting your ideas. | 就在那里数自己的创意真的很可笑 |
[23:31] | Everything to you is an opportunity. | 每件事对你来说都是锻炼的机会 |
[23:34] | And you should be thanking me every morning when you wake up, | 你每天清晨醒来时 都应该感谢我 |
[23:36] | Along with jesus, for giving you another day! | 感谢我让你在公司又多待了一天 |
[23:42] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[23:47] | I’m sorry about your boyfriend, okay? | 你和你男朋友的事我很抱歉 |
[24:17] | May 25th. Ideas for samsonite. | 5月25号 新秀丽手提箱的创意 |
[24:22] | Toughness means that– – | 坚固意味着 |
[24:48] | Peggy, get in here. | 佩奇 过来 |
[24:50] | – No. – Come on. | -不 -快来 |
[24:53] | You have to come in here right now. | 现在就来 |
[24:57] | What do you want? | 什么事 |
[24:58] | You have to hear this. Sit down. | 来 坐 你得听听这个 |
[25:02] | Come on. Sit. | 来啊 坐啊 |
[25:12] | So this is tape #4 of “Sterling’s gold,” By Roger Sterling. | 这是《斯特林珍贵回忆》第四卷 作者罗杰·斯特林 |
[25:20] | So where was I? | 我刚说到哪了 |
[25:24] | Bert Cooper hated me and I thought it was | 伯特·库珀讨厌我 我以为原因在于 |
[25:26] | Because he thought I’d be an ally of my father, | 他觉得我和我父亲是一伙的 |
[25:28] | But it turned out it was | 但后来才知道真正的原因是 |
[25:31] | something to do with my joie de vivre, | 他不爽我的人生乐趣 |
[25:33] | My romantic prowess– | 我的风流韵事 |
[25:36] | See tape #3– | 详情见第三卷 |
[25:38] | Including some time with the queen of perversions, | 包括和那个变态女人的一段孽情 |
[25:41] | His secretary ida blankenship. | 他的秘书艾达·布兰肯希普 |
[25:44] | You know what? Don’t use her name. | 算了 不要用她的真名 |
[25:48] | But it was all about him hating my very youth, | 反正都是因为他嫉妒我的年轻 |
[25:53] | All because the poor guy had been cut down | 因为这个可怜的男人 |
[25:56] | In the height of his sexual prime | 在性欲旺盛的年纪 |
[25:57] | By an unnecessary orchiectomy. | 做了毫无必要的睾丸切除术 |
[26:00] | Lyle evans, M.D. | 莱尔·埃文斯医生 |
[26:02] | I think he had him killed. | 我估计他已经找人干掉他了 |
[26:05] | Anyway, sometime in the summer of ’48– | 不过 1948年夏天的某个时候 |
[26:08] | No, 1932– | 不对 是1932年 |
[26:11] | No, 1939. | 不不 1939年 |
[26:16] | Why are you laughing? | 你笑什么 |
[26:18] | It’s like reading someone’s diary. | 这和偷窥别人日记有什么区别 |
[26:20] | Come on. Ida was a hellcat? | 拜托 艾达年轻时候是个泼妇 |
[26:22] | Cooper lost his balls? | 库珀的蛋蛋没了 |
[26:24] | Roger’s writing a book? | 罗杰在写书 |
[26:32] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[26:33] | – Stay and visit. – I’ve got nothing to say. | -陪我一会儿 -我没什么想说的 |
[26:36] | – Sure you do. – No, it’s personal. | -肯定有 -没有 只有私事 |
[26:40] | We have personal conversations. | 我们就是在谈私事 |
[26:42] | No, we don’t, and I think you like it that way. | 不是吧 我觉得你不喜欢谈私事 |
[26:45] | I know I do. | 尽管我很喜欢 |
[26:48] | Suit yourself. | 随你吧 |
[26:51] | We’re supposed to be staring at each other | 我们本该享用二人烛光晚餐的 |
[26:53] | Over candlelight and he invites my mother? | 结果他居然邀请我母亲来 |
[26:58] | He doesn’t know me. | 他不了解我 |
[27:00] | It’s not my fault. | 这不是我的错 |
[27:05] | I guess I’m back to square one. | 我又回到起点了 |
[27:08] | Single. | 单身 |
[27:11] | Well, as Danny would say, | 用丹尼的话说就是 |
[27:12] | There’s no use crying over fish in the sea. | 天涯何处无芳草 |
[27:20] | Mouse! | 老鼠 |
[27:22] | Over there! | 在那里 |
[27:28] | – What are you doing? – Get the suitcase. | -你在干嘛 -拿手提箱 |
[27:30] | – Why? – I’m gonna seal it up in my nice samsonite | -为什么 -我要把它关在里面 |
[27:33] | – And throw it off the roof. – Don’t. | -然后扔到房顶上 -别 |
[27:36] | Come on. Every idea you have is some version of that. | 拜托 你脑海中想到的灭鼠方法也和这差不多吧 |
[27:38] | Let’s do it. Where’d you go, Mickey? | 那就做吧 你跑哪去了 米奇 |
[27:42] | – I think it’s a rat. – It’s a mouse. | -那可不是米奇鼠 是只田鼠 -不 家鼠而已 |
[27:45] | I grew up on a farm. | 我可是在农场长大的 |
[27:51] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[27:53] | There’s a way out of this room we don’t know about. | 这房间肯定有老鼠洞通向外面 只是我们不知道罢了 |
[28:01] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[28:04] | I think that’s yours. | 应该是找你的吧 |
[28:06] | It’s probably Mark. I don’t want to answer it. | 可能是马克 我不想接 |
[28:10] | It’s still your birthday. | 午夜之前仍然算是你的生日 |
[28:12] | Let me get you dinner. | 我请你吃晚餐吧 |
[28:18] | What’s the most exciting thing about a suitcase? | 看到手提箱 你能想到最开心的事是什么 |
[28:23] | Going somewhere. | 去某个地方旅行 |
[28:26] | The acropolis. | 雅典卫城就不错 |
[28:29] | I’d like to go to Greece. | 我也想去希腊 |
[28:31] | I heard all the good cooks stayed there. | 我听说那里有很多一流的厨师 |
[28:33] | I’d like to just go on a plane. I’ve never been. | 我就想随便上一架飞机 去一个陌生的地方 |
[28:36] | – Is that right? – I’ve heard about it, obviously. | -真的吗 -我听说有人这样做 |
[28:39] | I’ve seen it in the movies. | 电影里也有过 |
[28:41] | It’s an incredible idea– flying. | 在天空飞翔 简直不可思议 |
[28:43] | I remember on the way to korea | 我还记得我去韩国的时候 |
[28:46] | They told us how many thousand feet in the air we were. | 他们告诉我们现在的高度 |
[28:49] | There was some other kid there– | 我旁边有一个孩子 |
[28:52] | More of a yokel than me, even– | 比我还土的乡巴佬 |
[28:54] | And he screamed, “Man wasn’t meant to fly!” | 他听完大喊 人怎么可以飞呢 |
[29:02] | Cooper has no testicles? | 库珀没有睾丸吗 |
[29:09] | I don’t want water. | 我可不想喝水 |
[29:13] | My uncle Max said he had a suitcase | 我叔叔马克思说他有个手提箱 |
[29:15] | That was always packed. | 里面东西都打包整齐了 |
[29:18] | He said, “A man has to be ready to go at any moment.” | 他总是说 男人要做好随时出发的准备 |
[29:23] | Jesus. Maybe it’s a metaphor. | 没准儿他想隐喻什么 |
[29:25] | There’s something to that idea. | 这个想法上可以做点文章 |
[29:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:31] | I can’t tell the difference anymore | 我现在分不出 |
[29:32] | Between something that’s good and something that’s awful. | 创意的好与坏 |
[29:37] | Well, they’re very close. | 好与坏只有一线之隔 |
[29:40] | But the best idea always wins | 但最终胜出的只会是好的创意 |
[29:42] | And you’ll know it when you see it. | 时机一到 便水到渠成了 |
[29:44] | Keep banging your head against the wall | 好好开动你的脑筋 |
[29:47] | Then it happens. | 就能想出好的点子 |
[29:49] | And then it’s done. | 然后就能做出好的广告 |
[29:51] | Yes, ma’am. | 没错 |
[29:54] | Not like everything else in my life. | 不像我生活当中的其他事情 |
[29:58] | I mean, I know what I’m supposed to want, | 我知道我不应该奢求太多 |
[30:00] | But it just never feels right… | 但我总觉得不对劲 |
[30:04] | Or as import as anything in that office. | 常常怀疑自己在公司的存在价值 |
[30:10] | – I didn’t know you were in Korea. – Very briefly. | -我还不知道你去过朝鲜 -我没呆多久 |
[30:14] | Did you shoot anybody? | 你杀过人吗 |
[30:16] | Nope. I saw some people get killed. | 没 我倒是看到过别人被杀 |
[30:20] | That’s memorable. | 真是难以忘怀的经历 |
[30:21] | My father died right in front of me– | 我曾经亲眼见到过我父亲的死亡 |
[30:23] | Heart attack. I was 12. | 死于心脏病 当时我才12岁 |
[30:26] | – I’m sorry to hear that. – It was pretty violent. | -真不幸 -真是太恐怖了 |
[30:29] | The TV was on. | 他死的时候电视还开着 |
[30:31] | That’s why I hate sports. | 从那以后 我再也不看体育节目了 |
[30:34] | Nobody was around– | 当时家里没人 |
[30:35] | Saturday afternoon. My mother was shopping. | 那天是周六下午 我母亲去购物了 |
[30:38] | I saw my father die too. | 我也亲眼看到我父亲死在我面前 |
[30:41] | He was kicked by a horse. | 他是被马踢死的 |
[30:45] | You’re kidding. | 你在逗我 |
[30:49] | – What about your mother? – I never knew her. | -你母亲呢 -我不知道我母亲是谁 |
[30:57] | Why is there a dog in the Parthenon? | 看这画像 帕台农神殿里怎么会有一只狗呢 |
[31:02] | That is a roach. Let’s go someplace darker. | 那是蟑螂趴在画上 我们去个低调点的地方 |
[31:14] | I hate dating. I’m terrible at it. | 我不喜欢约会 我总是把约会给搞砸了 |
[31:17] | You’ll find someone. | 你会找到一个好男人的 |
[31:20] | You know you’re cute as hell. | 你要知道你多么可爱 |
[31:24] | Men don’t exactly stop and stare in the streets. | 可我在大街上 从来没有男人停下来对我注视 |
[31:28] | Do you want that? | 你希望那样吗 |
[31:30] | That’s not what you were supposed to say. | 你可不该说这种话 |
[31:32] | What do you care what I think? | 我怎么想关你什么事 |
[31:36] | Well, everybody thinks | 大家都认为 |
[31:39] | I slept with you to get the job. | 我是和你上床才得到这份工作的 |
[31:42] | They joke about it, | 他们以此取笑我 |
[31:44] | Like it’s so funny | 似乎这可笑极了 |
[31:45] | Because the possibility was so remote. | 因为你居然会看上我 |
[31:50] | It’s not because you aren’t attractive. | 这并不是因为你没有魅力 |
[31:54] | I have to keep rules about work. | 而是我在工作上要坚守自己的原则 |
[31:57] | I have to. | 我必须这么做 |
[32:00] | You’re an attractive girl, Peggy. | 佩奇 你是个很有魅力的女人 |
[32:04] | Not as attractive as some of your other secretaries, i guess. | 但还没有你其他那些秘书有魅力 对吧 |
[32:13] | You don’t want to start giving me morality lessons, do you? | 你不是要对我进行品行教育吧 |
[32:18] | People do things, right? | 人非圣贤 孰能无过 |
[32:25] | My mother thinks you were responsible, | 我母亲觉得 是你搞大了我的肚子 |
[32:28] | Because you were the only person who visited me in the hospital. | 因为我住院期间 只有你去看了我 |
[32:32] | Jesus. Really? | 天呐 真的吗 |
[32:34] | She hates you. | 她很讨厌你 |
[32:40] | Do you know who it was? | 那你知道孩子的父亲是谁吗 |
[32:42] | Of course I do. | 我当然知道了 |
[32:46] | Do you ever think about it? | 那你有考虑过这件事情吗 |
[32:51] | I try not to… | 我尝试着忘记它 |
[32:55] | But then it comes up out of nowhere. | 但却总在我的脑海不经意地出现 |
[33:00] | Playgrounds. | 挥之不去 |
[33:08] | Get up! | 站起来 |
[33:08] | Get up! | 站起来呀 |
[33:09] | – Come on! Get up! – Get up! | -加油 站起来 -站起来啊 |
[33:11] | – Come on, get up! – get up. | -挺住啊 站起来 -站起来 |
[33:17] | – Come on. – Come on, get up! | -挺住 -加油 站起来 |
[33:19] | Get up! Get up! | 站起来 站起来啊 |
[33:23] | – Come on, get up! – Come on, get up! | -给我挺住 站起来 -加油 站起来啊 |
[33:25] | Get up! Get up, bum! | 站起来 站起来 该死的 |
[33:28] | – Come on. – It’s a fix. | -得了吧 -他们在打假拳 |
[33:30] | – The fix is in. – What happened? | -这都是事先安排好的 -怎么了 |
[33:33] | – It’s over. – Already? Who won? | -比赛结束了 -这么快 谁赢了 |
[33:36] | – Clay. – Don’t believe that for a second. | -克莱 -别相信这个结果 |
[33:39] | No one goes down like that. | 怎么可能有人这么不经打 |
[33:41] | That’s what the man just said. | 刚才那个解说员也是这么说的 |
[33:45] | Some fight. I lost 100 bucks in two minutes. | 这么烂的比赛 让我两分钟内就输了100块 |
[33:49] | Let’s go back, pack up and go home. | 我们回公司吧 整理一下准备回家了 |
[33:56] | That elevator’s like a rocket. | 电梯上升的感觉跟乘火箭一样 |
[33:59] | I think I’m gonna be sick. | 我先去吐一下 |
[34:14] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[34:29] | Do you want any water? | 要不要我帮你拿点水 |
[34:33] | what? | 什么 |
[34:36] | I have toothpaste and a toothbrush in my desk. | 我桌上还有牙膏和牙刷 |
[34:44] | Peggy? | 佩奇 |
[34:47] | -Peggy. – I’ll be right back. | -佩奇 -我去去就来 |
[34:53] | Peggy? | 佩奇 |
[34:59] | Duck? | 达克 |
[35:05] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[35:07] | Leaving Draper a little present. | 我要给德雷柏留个礼物 |
[35:08] | Don’t! That’s disgusting. | 别这样 你真恶心 |
[35:10] | Would you let me concentrate? | 我正在努力 别打扰我 |
[35:12] | This is Roger’s office. | 这是罗杰的办公室 |
[35:15] | Now come on. Pull up your pants. | 快点 把你的裤子穿上 |
[35:23] | I’m not going anywhere without you. | 要是你不跟我走的话 我就赖在这了 |
[35:28] | Baby. Baby, I need you so bad. | 亲爱的 我真的非常非常需要你 |
[35:33] | You wouldn’t answer your phone | 你不接我的电话 |
[35:36] | And your roommate said you were still at work. | 你的室友说你还在公司工作 |
[35:40] | Why didn’t you answer the phone, peewee? | 佩奇 你怎么就不肯接电话呢 |
[35:47] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[35:49] | Just go lay down. | 你快去躺一会儿吧 |
[35:52] | You don’t belong in here. | 你不该来这里的 |
[35:53] | So, Peggy, I see you’re not alone. | 哦 佩奇 原来你还有个伴儿啊 |
[35:58] | I guess when screwing me couldn’t get you anything, | 你和我上床没捞到什么好处 |
[36:00] | You had to go back to draper. | 只好又重回德雷柏的怀抱了吧 |
[36:02] | – Duck, let’s go. – No. | -达克 我们走吧 -不 |
[36:05] | That’s right. We were in love. | 没错 我们陷入爱河了 |
[36:09] | Turns out she’s just another whore. | 结果却发现 她不过也是一个臭婊子 |
[36:17] | Jesus! Would you stop?! | 天呐 快住手 |
[36:25] | Stop it! You’re both drunk! | 住手 你们都喝多了 |
[36:27] | You know, I killed 17 men at Okinawa. | 你要知道 我在冲绳杀过17个人 |
[36:33] | Back off | 放开我 |
[36:37] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你他妈的在干什么 |
[36:39] | You still think you’re better than me? | 你还认为你比我强吗 |
[36:45] | Come on, Peggy. Let’s go. | 过来 佩奇 我们走 |
[37:21] | I got rid of him. Are you okay? | 我把他弄走了 你没事吧 |
[37:26] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[37:29] | Are you? | 你呢 |
[37:33] | I, uh– I never thought– | 我 我从来没想过 |
[37:37] | I’m so sorry. I– | 我很抱歉 我 |
[37:39] | You know what? I don’t know why I was with him. | 知道吗 我不知道我为什么和他在一起 |
[37:43] | – It was a confusing time. – Stop. | -那个时候我很混乱 -别说了 |
[37:47] | You don’t have to explain. | 你不用解释 |
[37:54] | Can you get me a drink? | 能给我倒杯酒吗 |
[37:57] | How long are you gonna go on like this? | 你还准备这样子多久 |
[38:01] | I have to make a phone call | 我必须打个电话 |
[38:02] | And I know it’s going to be bad, okay? | 而且我知道肯定是噩耗 明白吗 |
[38:09] | Do you want to be alone? | 需要我回避吗 |
[38:12] | Just make me a drink. | 给我倒杯酒就行了 |
[38:48] | Sorry if I embarrassed you. | 很抱歉让你难堪了 |
[40:41] | – Hello. – It’s me. | -喂 -是我 |
[40:45] | She’s gone. | 她走了 |
[40:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:52] | She wanted you to know. | 她想让你知道 |
[40:56] | I’m sorry I didn’t call. I was– | 对不起我没有打电话过来 我只是 |
[41:03] | Did she want to talk to me? | 她临走前有话想跟我说吗 |
[41:05] | You know, she wasn’t really there. | 当时 她的神志已经不清醒了 |
[41:13] | I’m coming out. | 我会尽快赶过来的 |
[41:16] | I’ll make the arrangements. | 处理好她的身后事 |
[41:18] | No need. She left her body to science. | 不需要了 她把遗体捐献给科学研究了 |
[41:22] | She said that she wanted to go to | 她说她希望不用交学费就可以进 |
[41:24] | U.C.L.A. Medical school tuition-free. | 加州大学洛杉矶分校医学院 |
[41:28] | Of course she did. | 是的 她做到了 |
[41:34] | I’m coming out. I’ll take care of the house. | 我会过去的 把她的房子处理一下 |
[41:37] | I’d like to stay here if that’s okay with you, | 如果你不介意 我想继续呆在这 |
[41:39] | Take some time off from school. | 我从学校请了几天假 |
[41:45] | Of course. That’s fine. | 没问题 这很好 |
[41:47] | She’s in a better place. | 她去了更好的地方 |
[41:57] | That’s what they say. | 据说是这样的 |
[42:01] | It’s late and it’s been a long day. | 这边已经很晚了 而且我很累了 |
[42:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:09] | – Goodbye. – Goodbye. | -再见 -再见 |
[42:13] | Stephanie. | 斯蒂芬妮 |
[42:50] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[42:56] | Somebody very important to me died. | 一个对我很重要的人去世了 |
[43:03] | Who? | 谁 |
[43:06] | The only person in the world who really knew me. | 这个世界上唯一真正懂我的人 |
[43:18] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[43:27] | You should go home. | 回家吧 |
[43:31] | You can come in late. | 你可以晚点再过来 |
[43:33] | I’ll be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[43:37] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[43:43] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[44:24] | Drop and give me 20. | 起来 做20个俯卧撑 |
[44:27] | You asshole. | 你个混蛋 |
[44:29] | Get to work. It’s 10:30, maggot. | 该工作了 懒鬼 已经十点半了 |
[44:33] | – Oh. – Did you spend the night here? | -噢 -你在这过夜的吗 |
[44:37] | – Yeah. – See the fight? | -是的 -有没有看拳击比赛 |
[44:39] | No. | 没有 |
[44:40] | 90 seconds of boxing and three hours of analysis. | 一分半钟的比赛解说了三个小时 |
[44:43] | And we still don’t know who won. | 结果我们还不知道谁赢了 |
[44:44] | Clay won. | 克莱赢了 |
[44:45] | Read the paper. | 看看报纸就知道了 |
[44:53] | Come in. | 进来 |
[44:59] | You look fresh. Did you go home? | 你看起来精神饱满 你回家了吗 |
[45:01] | I spruced up. Come over here. | 我打扮整理了一下 到这儿来 |
[45:07] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[45:11] | [大嘴克莱将对手生吞活剥 一拳取胜] [新秀丽 当之无愧的冠军] | |
[45:15] | I think you have to know the photo. | 我觉得只有看过照片的人才会懂这广告的意思 |
[45:17] | It’s on the front page of every paper. | 每张报纸的头版都是这张照片 |
[45:18] | It’s historic. | 这是历史性的事件 |
[45:21] | How do we know it’s the Tourister that got knocked out? | 人们怎么知道 被打倒的是旅行者牌的箱子呢 |
[45:24] | Because the slogan will say so. | 广告语会这么说的 |
[45:27] | How do you put it on TV? Are they animated? | 这个怎么做成电视广告 用动画的形式吗 |
[45:29] | Why are you shitting on this? | 你为什么一直对它挑刺 |
[45:33] | I’m tired. | 我很累了 |
[45:35] | It’s good. | 这个创意很棒 |
[45:38] | It’s very good. | 真的非常棒 |
[45:58] | Give it to Joey– no, Stan– | 拿去给乔伊 不 给斯坦 |
[46:02] | Then go home, shower, | 然后回家 洗个澡 |
[46:04] | Then come back and give me 10 tag lines. | 回来以后给我10条广告语 |
[46:06] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[46:12] | Open or closed? | 门开着还是关着 |
[46:15] | Open. | 开着吧 |