时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | I’m interested in today. That was Friday. | 我就想今天要 从周五一直忍到现在 |
[00:43] | Look, I’ll clear lunch plus one hour | 我不吃午餐 又可以多出一小时 |
[00:46] | And we’ll grab a sandwich and discuss this face to face. | 我们随便吃点三明治 然后再当面讨论这个问题 |
[00:49] | I’m hanging up. | 就这样吧 我挂了 |
[01:08] | Is it broken? | 坏了吗 |
[01:10] | The lamp? | 你是说灯还是… |
[01:16] | What are you doing all the way over there? | 你躲那边去干什么 |
[01:17] | It’s too hot. | 你身上太热了 |
[01:19] | Would you settle for a leg? | 可以把腿架在你身上吗 |
[01:21] | I’d be grateful. | 乐意之至 |
[01:25] | It’s cold | 好凉啊 |
[01:27] | And soft. | 还很柔滑 |
[01:29] | I’m the softest. | 我是最柔滑的 |
[01:45] | So which one of us is gonna look at the clock first? | 我们都不打算看下时间吗 |
[01:51] | I caught it when I was picking up the lamp. | 刚才捡灯的时候顺便看了 |
[01:54] | I’m already late. | 我已经迟了 |
[01:55] | For what? | 什么迟了 |
[01:57] | Secor laxatives. | 赛可通便剂的会议 |
[02:01] | Did I spoil the mood? | 我破坏气氛了吗 |
[02:04] | What do you have to do? | 你一会要干嘛 |
[02:06] | I have a 4:00 at Erwin Wasey. | 我四点要去厄文卫西广告公司 |
[02:09] | Doing what? | 去干嘛 |
[02:11] | I can’t tell you that, Mr. Bond. | 这可不能告诉你 小特务 |
[02:14] | I told you. | 我把我的安排告诉你了 |
[02:16] | What are you working on over there? | 你去那边做什么 |
[02:17] | I don’t tell’em what I’m doing for you. | 我也没把在你们公司的工作内容告诉他们 |
[02:21] | You’re not lying in bed with them right now either. | 但你也没和他们上床 |
[02:25] | Do you know what a Chinese wall is? | 你难道不知道保密协定吗 |
[02:31] | I really should go. | 我该走了 |
[02:36] | Can I get in the bathroom first? | 可以让我先用卫生间吗 |
[02:38] | Just take your time. | 当然可以 慢慢来 |
[02:45] | Let yourself out. | 恕不相送 |
[02:48] | Lock the door behind you as a courtesy. | 记得锁门 |
[02:52] | You wanna leave me here? | 你打算把我一个人留在这吗 |
[02:54] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[02:57] | I’m taking everything interesting with me. | 反正你只对我这个人有兴趣 |
[03:08] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[03:08] | Do you honestly think my book isn’t better than Ogilvy’s? | 你真觉得奥格威的书比我好吗 |
[03:11] | Mine’s got a story. | 我的故事很精彩 |
[03:12] | It’s got mystery, intrigue, romance. | 秘密 阴谋和爱情贯穿其中 |
[03:15] | I tell you what else it’s got. | 我想想还有什么 |
[03:16] | It’s got examples of how to sell things. | 对了 还有具体案例 教你如何推销东西 |
[03:20] | Hold on. | 稍等 |
[03:23] | I’m on the phone. | 我在接电话呢 |
[03:25] | It’s Mrs. Sterling. | 是您夫人的电话 |
[03:26] | She’s leaving for the weekend. | 她现在就出发去周末度假地 |
[03:29] | It’s only Wednesday. They have phones in Southampton. | 今天才周三 而且南安普顿也能打电话 |
[03:32] | Ira, I don’t want to sound ungrateful. I just think… | 艾拉 不是我不领情 只是… |
[03:35] | Hello? Hello? | 喂 喂 |
[03:37] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[03:41] | Come in. | 进来 |
[03:44] | These need signatures, not initials. | 这些要签全名 首字母缩写可不行 |
[03:47] | Caroline said you refused? | 卡罗琳说你不接夫人的电话 |
[03:50] | It’s just so much more work. | 我只是太忙了 |
[03:54] | I was just giving her a hard time. | 我最近不太想搭理她 |
[03:58] | Can I interest you in the same? | 你最近是不是也被冷落了 |
[04:00] | And I’m supposed to tell you in person | 普莱斯先生让我私下转告你 |
[04:02] | That Mr. Pryce will be taking off | 八月底他的儿子要过来 |
[04:03] | the last two weeks of August for his son’s visit. | 所以他要请两个星期的假 |
[04:05] | You had to tell me that in person? | 这还用你私下告诉我 |
[04:07] | – So depressing. – He doesn’t want a memo circulating. | -真可悲 -他不想让其他人知道 |
[04:10] | He’s afraid people will stop working. | 以免他们因此懈怠工作 |
[04:13] | What are you doing in August? | 你八月份有何安排 |
[04:15] | I’m not sure. | 还不知道 |
[04:17] | Well, what are you doing this afternoon? | 那今天下午呢 |
[04:20] | The same thing I do every afternoon… working… | 一如往常般工作 |
[04:23] | Which is what I’m trying to do right now. | 就比如此刻 我也在做着自己的工作 |
[04:26] | It’s not cute. | 那个签名真难看 |
[04:28] | Joanie. | 小琼 |
[04:30] | Jesus. I’m sorry. | 对不起 我错了 |
[04:33] | What did you say to her? | 你跟她说什么了 |
[04:35] | What does that have to do with you? | 关你什么事 |
[04:37] | Her husband got called up. | 她老公被征召了 |
[04:39] | He’s going to Vietnam right after basic. | 集训之后就要被派去越南 |
[04:42] | Vietnam. | 越南 |
[04:44] | That’s not good. | 那可不是什么好事 |
[04:46] | It’s okay. We’ve all been walking on eggshells. | 也没什么 如今的格局 活在哪儿都提心吊胆的 |
[04:54] | Good afternoon, all. | 下午好 |
[04:56] | I know you don’t like to be | 我知道你不喜欢 |
[04:57] | bombarded the moment you walk in, | 一进门就湮没在没完没了的公事里 |
[04:58] | but Fillmore and secor are both coming in tomorrow. | 但菲尔莫尔和赛可的人下午都要来 |
[05:00] | I can’t move forward with either until you sign off | 这些都是我牺牲午餐时间完成的 你必须签字 |
[05:02] | On what I worked through lunch to finish. | 否则我就没法继续下去 |
[05:05] | I’m sorry. I had a long lunch, went for a swim. | 抱歉 我午餐时间久了点 我去游泳了 |
[05:07] | Come back in an hour. I’m taking a nap. | 我先睡会儿 一个小时之后来找我 |
[05:13] | It’s a business of sadists and masochists, | 一个施虐狂 一个受虐狂 |
[05:16] | And you know which one you are. | 你知道你是哪一个吧 |
[05:24] | Peggy, your boyfriend’s here. | 佩奇 你男朋友来了 |
[05:26] | Satisfaction guaranteed. | 这样你满意了吗 |
[05:28] | – Why are you here? – Thought we could get a drink | -你来做什么 -晚上一起喝一杯吧 |
[05:30] | – Shoot the bull. – Sure. | -聊聊天 -好啊 |
[05:32] | What time? Where? | 几点 去哪 |
[05:38] | 7:00, P.J. Clarke’s. | 七点 克拉克酒馆 |
[05:42] | I’ll meet you in the lobby. | 到时候大厅见 |
[05:44] | Ooh, down below. | 乖乖 下面幽会啊[双关] |
[05:46] | Give it a break, jughead. | 省省吧 笨蛋 |
[05:49] | Oh, I’m not shocked by your lesbian hijinks. | 其实女同也没什么 |
[05:52] | I just hope you know | 但我希望你们明白 |
[05:53] | you can never do what a man can do. | 男人的某些”职责” 女人永远无法替代 |
[05:56] | That’s true. | 那倒是 |
[06:06] | Bad news. Don showed up. We’re on at 4:00. | 坏消息 唐回来了 我们四点开工 |
[06:14] | How was your siesta? Are you refreshed? | 睡得怎么样 精力恢复了吗 |
[06:17] | – Yes. – Dr. Miller returned your call. | -嗯 -米勒博士给你回电话了 |
[06:20] | She said not to wake you | 她说不要叫醒你 |
[06:21] | And you needn’t return. | 也不用给她回电话 |
[06:23] | But she got the message and you’re gonna have to wait. | 但她收到你的留言了 你得等等 |
[06:28] | – Thank you. – Are you going to the toilet? | -谢谢 -你要去厕所吗 |
[06:33] | I have to hire more copywriters, | 我不得不多雇些文案 |
[06:35] | But these men come in and I know | 但这些人来了之后我发现 |
[06:37] | The better they are, the more my job is in danger. | 他们能力越强 我的饭碗就越不保 |
[06:41] | Oh my. | 天 |
[06:44] | – Look who’s here – Abe. | -看看谁来了 -艾博 |
[06:47] | Peggy, I don’t know if you | 佩奇 还记得吗 这是上次 |
[06:48] | remember Abe Drexler from Kellogg’s loft party. | 在凯洛格的派对上见过的艾博·德克斯勒 |
[06:51] | – Hi, I’m Peggy. – I remember. | -你好 我叫佩奇 -我记得 |
[06:54] | Abe, you want to join us for a drink? | 你想和我们一起喝一杯吗 |
[06:57] | Yes, please do. | 来吧 |
[06:58] | Oh, stay. I’ll just stand here. | 没关系 我站着就行 |
[07:00] | Can I get a Johnny Walker with ice? | 给我一杯威士忌加冰 |
[07:03] | Ah, he didn’t hear me. | 酒保好像没听见 |
[07:07] | You know what? I’m gonna go play darts. | 我去玩会儿飞镖 |
[07:09] | – Take my seat. – Are you sure? | -你坐我这吧 -真的吗 |
[07:11] | Pay for that. See you kids later. | 当然了 一会儿见 |
[07:19] | I’m sorry. She’s… | 抱歉 她总是 |
[07:21] | Always so damn self-amused. | 喜欢自娱自乐 |
[07:23] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[07:25] | I was gonna stop by your office, | 我本来想去你们公司转转 |
[07:27] | but I didn’t want to get you in trouble. | 但不想给你惹麻烦 |
[07:29] | Then I thought about finding out where you live, but that’s weird. | 然后就想去你家找你 但那样会很怪 |
[07:33] | So anyway | 所以 |
[07:35] | It’s nice running into you. | 很高兴在这碰到你 |
[07:37] | I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知道说什么好了 |
[07:38] | That’s very flattering. | 真是受宠若惊 |
[07:41] | Well, that’s how I meant it. | 恰好如我所愿 |
[07:47] | Johnny Walker. Rocks. | 威士忌加冰 |
[07:50] | The bartender here listens to me. | 这下他可以听到了 |
[08:04] | – May I help you? – Are you Joan Harris? | -有何贵干 -你是琼·哈里斯吗 |
[08:08] | – I am. – We’re from madam Inga’s. | -正是 -我们是女子美容院的 |
[08:11] | You are to receive massage, manicure and pedicure. | 我们是来为您提供按摩和修甲服务的 |
[08:15] | – Can we? – I didn’t order this. | -我们能进来吗 -我没有预定这些服务 |
[08:19] | It’s a gift from a friend, tip included. | 这是您的朋友送给您的礼物 小费已经付过了 |
[08:22] | – What friend? – I’m not allowed to say this. | -哪个朋友 -这个我们必须保密 |
[08:35] | In Greece right now? Make no mistake, | 当今希腊政局风云变幻 相信我 |
[08:37] | That’s a revolution. | 这是一场大革命 |
[08:38] | We are a hair away from everything falling apart in every society. | 我们的社会正濒临崩溃瓦解的边缘 |
[08:42] | It’s so tenuous. | 简直不堪一击 |
[08:43] | All these corporations just throw their money at everyone | 所有的企业都把钱财投向人民 |
[08:45] | to keep the status quo intact | 来维持现状的安稳 |
[08:46] | ’cause the people outnumber them. | 因为人民群众犹如汪洋大海 |
[08:48] | But in the blink of an eye, they could overturn everything. | 转瞬间 他们就能使一切天翻地覆 |
[08:52] | It’s an illusion that America’s so organized | 虽然当今美国一切看上去井然有序 |
[08:54] | That it could never happen over here. | 似乎不会发生这样的事 但那只是假象 |
[09:00] | – Are you from Brooklyn? – I am. | -你是布鲁克林区人吗 -是的 |
[09:02] | – Me too. – I don’t hear it. | -我也是 -我听你的口音不像 |
[09:05] | One more drink and it’ll come out. | 再多喝一杯 我的口音就原形毕露了 |
[09:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:11] | What am I talking to you about corporations for? | 我居然跟你谈企业 真是多费唇舌 |
[09:14] | – You must deal with them all the time. – I guess. | -你肯定成天和企业打交道 -是的 |
[09:17] | Vick chemical, American tobacco, | 维克化工 美国烟草 |
[09:19] | But most of them are family businesses… | 但大部分都是家族企业 |
[09:21] | Samsonite, Fillmore auto parts, | 新秀丽 菲尔莫尔汽车零部件公司 |
[09:24] | Sugarberry… | 舒格伯利火腿… |
[09:24] | Fillmore auto parts is worse than a corporation, | 菲尔莫尔根本算不上什么企业 |
[09:26] | – What with the boycott and all. – What boycott? | -他们遭到了强烈的抵制 -什么抵制 |
[09:29] | The Southern stores won’t hire Negroes. | 他们在南方的分店不肯雇佣黑人 |
[09:32] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[09:33] | It was in “The Voice.” It was in a couple of places. | 《时讯之声》上说的 四处都在流传 |
[09:36] | I don’t think that’s true. I would’ve heard that. | 我觉得这只是谣言罢了 不然我肯定会知道的 |
[09:38] | It is true. | 这是千真万确的 |
[09:41] | That doesn’t seem like them. | 这不像他们的所作所为 |
[09:43] | I’m sure they’re perfectly nice for racists, you know. | 我很确定他们对种族主义者持亲善态度 |
[09:47] | And obviously your company has an investment in looking the other way. | 而且你们公司碍于合作关系 肯定不会在意这些 |
[09:51] | Well, it’s a complicated idea. | 老实说 情况本身就很复杂 |
[09:54] | But in advertising, | 但是在广告业 |
[09:56] | we don’t really judge people. | 我们不会去评判别人 |
[09:58] | We try and help them out of these situations. | 我们只会帮助他们解决问题 |
[10:00] | Certainly we would try and stop this. | 当然我们也会尽量避免这种情况的发生 |
[10:02] | If it’s true, it’s not good for their business. | 如果这是真的话 对他们的生意发展将十分不利 |
[10:05] | Jesus, I don’t even know where to start. | 天啊 我都不知说什么好了 |
[10:07] | You would’ve done a campaign for Goldwater? | 你难道替戈德华做过竞选策划吗 |
[10:10] | You kidding? That would’ve been spectacular. | 开什么玩笑 真那样的话简直太棒了 |
[10:12] | – Did you vote for him? – Of course not. | -你投票给他了吗 -当然没有 |
[10:15] | Civil rights isn’t a situation to be fixed with some P.R. Campaign. | 民权可不是靠一些公关活动就能得到维护的 |
[10:19] | It’s an inequality that the world has its eyes on. | 全世界都可以见证美国公民权利的不平等 |
[10:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:26] | But I have to say | 但是我不得不说 |
[10:28] | most of the things Negroes can’t do | 很多黑人无法享受到的权利 |
[10:30] | I can’t do either | 我也享受不到 |
[10:32] | and nobody seems to care. | 但却没有人在意这个 |
[10:34] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[10:36] | Half of the meetings take place over golf, tennis, in a bunch of clubs | 半数的会议都在是一些高级俱乐部召开的 |
[10:39] | where I’m not allowed to be a member | 那种地方根本不吸纳女性会员 |
[10:42] | or even enter. | 甚至规定女性不得入内 |
[10:43] | The university club said the only way I could eat dinner there | 校友俱乐部甚至声明 如果我要进去享用晚餐 |
[10:46] | was if I arrived in a cake. | 唯一的办法就是藏在蛋糕里面进去 |
[10:48] | There’s no Negro copywriters, you know. | 但是你要知道现在还没有黑人广告文案 |
[10:51] | I’m sure they could fight their way in like I did. | 我相信如果他们像我一样奋斗也能争取到 |
[10:54] | Believe me, nobody wanted me there. | 相信我 公司所有人都希望把我排挤出去 |
[10:57] | All right, Peggy. | 好了 佩奇 |
[10:57] | We’ll have a civil rights march for women. | 我们将为女权而斗争 |
[11:05] | I have a really early day. | 我今天劳碌一整天了 |
[11:08] | It was nice to see you. | 很开心见到你 |
[11:09] | Wait. Hey hey hey. I’m just saying | 等等 嘿 我只是说 |
[11:11] | they’re not shooting women to keep’em from voting. | 他们不会为了阻止女性投票而将她们射杀 |
[11:12] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[11:14] | Oh, Jesus. I’m really sorry. | 天呐 我真的很抱歉 |
[11:18] | I’m much better on paper. | 我比较擅长用文字来表达我的想法 |
[11:20] | You’re opinionated and you’re criticizing me. | 你固执己见 而且你一直在指责我 |
[11:22] | That’s not what I’m doing. This is discourse. | 我没有啊 我只是在表达看法 |
[11:25] | I knew I shouldn’t have let Joyce leave. | 我就知道不该让乔伊斯走开的 |
[11:28] | Have a good night. | 玩得愉快 |
[11:36] | A three-letter word for a flightless bird. | 不能飞的鸟 打三个字母构成的词 |
[11:40] | Emu. | 食火鸟 |
[11:41] | Nope. It starts with an “L.” | 不是 是”L”开头的 |
[11:43] | The hell it does. | 管它什么鬼东西 |
[11:46] | Good morning, Mr. Draper. | 早上好 德雷柏先生 |
[11:48] | Could I get some coffee? | 给我泡杯咖啡 |
[11:49] | And let me know when Dr. Miller arrives. | 米勒博士来了的话 通知我一下 |
[11:50] | It’s hard… the way she breezes past me. | 恐怕很难办到 她总是悄无声息地从我身边走过 |
[11:59] | She’s pushy, that one. | 她有一股冲劲儿 |
[12:01] | I guess that’s what it takes. | 我猜那也是职场女强人所必须的 |
[12:05] | – Morning. – Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[12:08] | – And thank you. – For what? | -谢谢你 -谢我什么 |
[12:10] | That was very thoughtful. | 你的礼物十分体贴 |
[12:13] | I knew I was rubbing you the wrong way, | 我知道我的话让你不舒服了 |
[12:16] | So I thought, why not have someone rub you the right way? | 所以我想 应该找人让你舒服一下 |
[12:19] | I brought you bear claws. | 我给你带了点熊爪糕 |
[12:20] | Caroline won’t let me have one | 卡罗琳不会让我吃的 |
[12:22] | unless it’s on the end of a real bear. | 除非那是真的熊掌 |
[12:25] | – Well, anyway. – Joanie. | -那就这样吧 -琼妮 |
[12:28] | – It’ll be okay. – People love to say that. | -一切都会好的 -人们都爱说这句话 |
[12:32] | Look, I know you’re having a tough run. | 听着 我知道你正经历艰难时期 |
[12:35] | Let me get you a meal, Hmm? | 让我请你吃顿饭 怎么样 |
[12:38] | Take your mind off things? | 让你忘掉不开心的事 |
[12:41] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[12:43] | I forgot for a second | 我一时间忘记了 |
[12:44] | that you’re incapable of doing something nice | 你若对人投之以桃 |
[12:46] | without expecting something nicer in return. | 必会让人报之以李 |
[12:48] | I didn’t mean anything by it. | 我可没这个意思 |
[12:50] | Honest. | 真的没有 |
[12:52] | Just thought you could use a night out. | 我只是觉得你应该出去轻松一晚 |
[12:53] | – Thank you. I’m fine. – Good. | -谢谢 我很好 -那就好 |
[13:06] | – What are you doing here? – I wrote something. | -你来这儿干什么 -我写了些东西 |
[13:08] | I kind of wrote it for you. | 是特意为你写的 |
[13:11] | I would love it if you read it. | 希望你能好好看看 |
[13:15] | “Nuremberg on Madison Avenue”? | 《对麦迪逊大道的纽伦堡审判》 |
[13:19] | – What is this? – It’s what I was trying to say last night, | -这是什么 -这是我昨天晚上想说的东西 |
[13:22] | but without, I don’t know, my abrasive tone. | 但语气可不像昨晚那般咄咄逼人 |
[13:24] | – Read it. – Right now in front of you? | -看看吧 -立刻当着你的面看吗 |
[13:27] | Nah. Take your time. I’ll wait over here. | 不用 你慢慢看吧 我就在这儿等着 |
[13:29] | I have a lot to do. | 我有很多事情要做 |
[13:32] | I came all the way up here. I want to know what you think, okay? | 我大老远地跑来 就是想知道你是怎么想的 |
[13:41] | These domesticated suburbanites | 那些过惯了安逸生活的居民 |
[13:43] | still have a primitive desire to get their hands dirty. | 依然有着自己动手的原始欲望 |
[13:46] | But they have become so removed from nature that they can’t. | 但长期的现代化生活让他们的动手能力严重退化 |
[13:49] | They don’t know how to hunt or swing a hammer | 他们不知道如何狩猎 如何使用锤子 |
[13:51] | Or fix their cars. | 或者修理他们的汽车 |
[13:52] | You mean like these two. | 你是说像他俩这样吗 |
[13:55] | Actually, no. I’m from Vermont | 事实上 我会的 我来自佛特蒙州 |
[13:57] | And Don’s a competitive fly fisherman. | 而唐是个垂钓高手 |
[14:00] | What our findings show | 我们的调查显示 |
[14:02] | is that this demographic will spend a good amount of money | 这些人将会愿意花费相当数目的钱 |
[14:05] | for the satisfaction of being useful with their hands. | 去获得一种”自己动手 丰衣足食”的满足感 |
[14:09] | Ladies love a man who’s good with his hands. | 女人都喜欢动手能力强的男人 |
[14:12] | You think a mechanic comes in | 你觉得一个专业修理工走进店里 |
[14:13] | and sees these jokers looking at fan belts | 看到那些外行对着风扇皮带无从下手 |
[14:15] | he’s gonna stick around? | 他还会留下吗 |
[14:18] | – No offense. – What’s the difference? | -无意冒犯 -那又怎么样 |
[14:20] | Our inventory’s the same. | 我们提供的配件是一样的 |
[14:22] | I think if they see a coat and tie on aisle 4, | 他们要是看见那些上流人士也出现在汽修店 |
[14:24] | they’ll think our prices went up. | 还以为我们开始走高端路线了呢 |
[14:25] | I know I would. | 我肯定会这么想的 |
[14:26] | Listen, salt of the earth, | 听着 精英先生 |
[14:28] | we need more than mechanics to survive. | 企业仅靠专业修理工根本无法生存 |
[14:30] | You ever hear of Sears? | 你听说过西尔斯公司吗 |
[14:31] | They’ll kill us. | 他们会打垮我们的 |
[14:32] | We agreed we all had to agree. | 大势所趋 无能为力 |
[14:34] | Don’t we have enough problems with the boycott? | 抵制事件对公司造成的恶劣影响还不够吗 |
[14:37] | Look, I don’t want to get involved in a family squabble, | 听着 我无意干预你们的内部分歧 |
[14:40] | but I can’t move forward until you agree on a strategy. | 但如果你们无法达成一致 广告创作也进行不下去 |
[14:45] | What if there were a way to market to both groups? | 如果能想出兼顾双方市场的广告策略呢 |
[14:47] | “Fillmore auto parts. | “菲尔莫尔汽车零部件. |
[14:49] | Where the pros go and everyone’s welcome.” | 专业技工的天地和普通人的舞台” |
[14:52] | – It’s a little corny. – It’s great and you know it. | -这有些过时 -这很棒 你很清楚这点 |
[14:55] | That’s not a strategy. That’s two strategies | 这不是一个广告策略 而是两个 |
[14:57] | Connected by the word “And.” | 中间用”和”连接 |
[14:59] | I can do “Where the pros go” | 我可以做到”专业技工的天地” |
[15:01] | Or I can do “Everyone’s welcome,” | 也可以做到”普通人的舞台” |
[15:03] | – But not both. – Sure you can. | -但我无法二者兼顾 -你当然可以 |
[15:12] | Someone has to make a decision. | 总得有人拿主意吧 |
[15:13] | There are three of you. Vote. | 你们正好有三个人 投票决定吧 |
[15:16] | Sean, what do you think? | 肖恩 你觉得呢 |
[15:18] | I d-d-d-d… | 我 不 不 不 |
[15:21] | D-d-d-don’t know. | 不 不知道 |
[15:24] | What? | 什么 |
[15:27] | You’ll have to excuse me for a moment. | 抱歉失陪一下 |
[15:28] | Continue, please. | 请继续 |
[15:34] | Why d-d-do we | 我们为 为 为什么 |
[15:36] | have to c-c-convince him? | 非要说 说 说服他 |
[15:41] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干什么 |
[15:45] | I wanted to see you. | 我想见你 |
[15:47] | I am so sorry. Who are you? | 不好意思 你是谁 |
[15:50] | My name is Vivian Winters. | 我叫薇薇安·温特斯 |
[15:51] | And I’m going to assume you’re her father | 我姑且认为你就是她父亲 |
[15:53] | since that’s what she’s led me to believe. | 至少她是这么跟我说的 |
[15:55] | Don. What exactly is going on? | 我叫唐 到底是怎么回事 |
[15:58] | I found her on the train between carriages | 我是在车厢连接处发现她的 |
[16:00] | trying to avoid the conductor. | 她正试图逃票 |
[16:02] | I didn’t have enough money. | 我的钱不够 |
[16:05] | Megan, could you take her to my office? | 梅根 带她去我办公室 |
[16:09] | Go. | 快去 |
[16:15] | Thank you. | 感激不尽 |
[16:16] | Can I pay you for the ticket and your time? | 可否让我略微补偿您一下 |
[16:18] | You’re just very lucky I ran into her | 你应该庆幸是我发现了她 |
[16:20] | before someone else did. | 而不是其他人 |
[16:22] | The types on that train? Someone should keep track of her. | 车上坏人太多 得有人看着她 |
[16:25] | You’re right. I didn’t know. | 你说得对 我没意识到 |
[16:28] | Men never know what’s going on. | 男人们总是粗心大意 |
[16:31] | I offered you money and I said thank you. | 我想以金钱补偿你 而且我说了谢谢 |
[16:41] | She looks so chubby in the pictures. | 她在照片里看起来有点婴儿肥 |
[16:43] | Get her mother on the phone now. | 接通她妈妈的电话 |
[16:51] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你知道自己在做什么吗 |
[16:53] | I wanted to see you and I didn’t want to wait till weekends. | 我想见你 而且我不想等到周末 |
[16:55] | Well, you can’t do this. This is very serious. | 你不能这么做 这事很严重 |
[17:00] | Mrs. Francis on the line. | 接通弗朗西斯太太了 |
[17:05] | Guess who’s sitting on my couch right now. | 猜猜看现在谁坐在我沙发上 |
[17:07] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[17:08] | I’m talking about a stranger bringing Sally to my office | 我在说一个陌生人把萨丽带到我办公室 |
[17:10] | because she got on the train with no money. | 因为她身无分文地上了火车 |
[17:12] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[17:13] | Carla was supposed to pick her up after the doctor. | 卡拉应该等她看完医生以后就去接她的 |
[17:15] | How the hell did this happen? | 怎么会发生这样的事 |
[17:17] | Dr. Keener thought | 肯纳医生认为 |
[17:18] | it would be good for her to walk from camp to her appointment by herself | 让她一个人独立来去比较好 |
[17:21] | Great idea. Thank you, psychiatry. | 真是好主意 感谢你安排的心理治疗 |
[17:23] | Don’t yell at me. She needs to learn responsibility. | 别对我大吼大叫 她需要学会承担责任 |
[17:26] | You need to learn responsibility. | 你才应该学会承担责任 |
[17:28] | Now come get her. I’ve got a business to run here. | 赶快过来接她 我还有事情要忙 |
[17:30] | Because it’s so easy. It’s so much fun to take care of her. | 照顾孩子多简单啊 照顾她多有意思啊 |
[17:33] | Enjoy. | 你也享受一下吧 |
[17:35] | – What? – Enjoy, don. | -什么 -我说你好好享受吧 唐 |
[17:37] | I’m meeting Henry in the city tomorrow night. I’ll get her then. | 我明晚到市区和亨利见面 到时候再来接她 |
[17:45] | Don’t move and don’t touch anything. | 别四处走动 别碰任何东西 |
[17:50] | I don’t want to hear it. | 没事别按铃叫我 |
[17:51] | Just make sure she doesn’t leave that room. | 看好她 别让她出房间 |
[18:04] | -Hey. -Are you serious with this? | -嘿 -你开什么玩笑 |
[18:12] | Everyone knows who represents Fillmore auto parts. | 大家都知道是谁在代理菲尔莫尔汽车零部件公司 |
[18:15] | – We’re the agency of record. – But I was defending you. | -我们是集中购买代理商 -但我是在为你说话 |
[18:18] | We have a religion in this country and it’s business. | 现如今国人将商业当宗教一样信奉推崇 |
[18:20] | You’re not a priest. You’re just another congregant. | 你不是头目 你只是个参与者 |
[18:22] | So I’m not a war criminal. | 所以我还不算战犯是吧 |
[18:25] | Look, why should someone nice like you have to do this? | 听着 为什么像你这样的好人非得从事这样的行业 |
[18:27] | Why should you be a part of that corruption? | 你为何自甘堕落呢 |
[18:29] | It’s a waste of your and a million other artists’ gifts. | 你的艺术才华被白白浪费 简直是暴殄天物 |
[18:31] | If you publish this, I’ll lose my job. | 如果你将这篇文章出版 我就工作难保了 |
[18:34] | Maybe you’re better than this. | 也许这个工作配不上你 |
[18:37] | I’m not a political person. | 我不是个政客 |
[18:39] | I don’t have to defend myself. | 我没有必要为自己辩护 |
[18:42] | You’re political whether you like it or not. | 不管你喜不喜欢 政治总是如影随形 |
[18:46] | And you’re not supposed to be insulted. | 你不应该受此侮辱 |
[18:47] | You’re supposed to be flattered. | 你应该受到万众赞扬 |
[18:48] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[18:50] | You inspired me. I wrote this for you. | 你给了我灵感 这是为你写的 |
[18:54] | I guess I read you wrong. | 我想我是看错你了 |
[18:58] | You look so earnest. | 你看上去如此认真 |
[19:00] | I need your word that you’ll destroy that. | 你必须向我保证会将这个毁掉 |
[19:03] | Sure. | 当然 |
[19:05] | I won’t bother you again. | 我不会再来烦你了 |
[19:17] | Miss Blankenship. | 布兰肯希普小姐 |
[19:24] | Miss Blankenship, are you all right? | 布兰肯希普小姐 你还好吧 |
[19:29] | Miss Blankenship. | 布兰肯希普小姐 |
[19:32] | Miss Blankenship. | 布兰肯希普小姐 |
[19:36] | Caroline. Oh God. Caroline! | 卡罗琳 天啊 卡罗琳 |
[19:43] | – Oh. Do not come out of there. – I know! | -哦 不要出来 -我知道的 |
[19:49] | – What now? – Excuse me, Mr. Draper. | -又怎么了 -不好意思 德雷柏先生 |
[19:52] | I’m really sorry to bother you again. | 很抱歉再次打扰您 |
[19:59] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[20:00] | – I’m afraid so. – What happened? | -我想是的 -发生什么事了 |
[20:09] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[20:12] | Poor thing. | 可怜的家伙 |
[20:14] | Should we call an ambulance? | 需要叫医生吗 |
[20:17] | The coroner. | 叫法医吧 |
[20:21] | What about them? | 那边怎么办 |
[20:24] | – I’ll attend to this. – Sally’s in there. | -这里我来照看 -萨丽在里面 |
[20:27] | – Why? – She’s visiting. | -怎么回事 -她过来见唐 |
[20:39] | Megan, get a man, and we’ll need a blanket. | 梅根 叫个男人过来 还要一张毛毯 |
[20:43] | There’s an afghan on Mr. Crane’s couch. | 克雷恩先生的沙发上有一张针织毛毯 |
[20:48] | She seemed fine just a minute ago. | 她刚才看起来还好好的 |
[20:59] | So where are we? | 我们说到哪儿了 |
[21:02] | – Have we agreed on a strategy? – I’m not sure. | -达成一致的宣传策略了吗 -我不大肯定 |
[21:07] | This is where we are. | 这就是目前的情况 |
[21:09] | Correct me if I’m wrong, gentlemen, | 先生们 如果我说错什么请指出来 |
[21:11] | But we believe by holding onto Fillmore’s reputation | 我们相信继续保持菲尔莫尔 |
[21:14] | as a place for professional mechanics, | 作为专业汽修工首选品牌的良好声誉 |
[21:17] | we can actually attract men of all types. | 可以同时打开普通人群的销售市场 |
[21:20] | So it’s something like | 广告语大概是这样的 |
[21:23] | “Fillmore auto parts. For the mechanic in every man.” | “菲尔莫尔汽车零部件 让每个人都成为机械专家” |
[21:28] | And although it seems immaterial to you, | 可能你们觉得太过浮夸 |
[21:30] | The Fillmore brothers like it. | 但菲尔莫尔兄弟很喜欢 |
[21:32] | Unanimously. | 我们一致认可 |
[21:37] | What was that again? | 刚才那句广告语怎么说的 |
[21:39] | “Fillmore auto parts. | “菲尔莫尔汽车零部件 |
[21:41] | For the mechanic in every man.” | 让每个人成为机械专家” |
[21:58] | My mother made that. | 那毯子是我妈妈织的 |
[22:05] | Can we get your signature? | 请签上您的尊姓大名 |
[22:07] | I’m the president. | 我是董事长 |
[22:23] | I think this is a winner. | 我想我们就用这个了 |
[22:25] | Gentlemen, always a pleasure. | 先生们 恭候再次光临 |
[22:28] | Ken, can you show them out? | 肯 送这几位先生出去 |
[22:30] | Of course. This way. | 当然 请这边走 |
[22:41] | My goodness. I was just talking to her. | 我的天啊 我之前还和她讲过话 |
[22:46] | Listen, my daughter is sitting in my office. | 听着 我女儿正坐在我办公室 |
[22:49] | – What? – She decided to run away today. | -什么 -她想逃避心理治疗 |
[22:51] | Sally? | 萨丽吗 |
[22:52] | I’d really appreciate it if you could go in my bag, get my keys, | 如果你可以去我包里拿钥匙 |
[22:55] | take her to my apartment | 将她送到我那儿 |
[22:56] | and just… sit with her. | 然后陪她坐一会儿 我将感激不尽 |
[22:58] | Are you sure? | 你当真 |
[23:00] | I would have my secretary do it, but she’s dead. | 我本来想让我的秘书来做 但是她死了 |
[23:03] | No, of course. | 我不是那个意思 当然没问题 |
[23:04] | Okay, do you want to introduce me? | 好的 你要向她介绍一下我吗 |
[23:06] | I mean, what do I say to her? | 我意思是 我该跟她说些什么 |
[23:09] | Do we really have to have this discussion right now? | 这都什么时候了 还有时间顾这个吗 |
[23:11] | You’re Faye. | 你可是菲娅 |
[23:15] | Find Cooper and Roger at lunch | 去餐厅找到库珀和罗杰 |
[23:17] | and stop them from bringing Secor back here. | 叫他们不要把赛可的人带过来 |
[23:22] | Sally, this is my friend Faye. | 萨丽 这是我朋友菲娅 |
[23:24] | She’s going to take you to my apartment. | 她会带你回我公寓 |
[23:25] | – Why? – You don’t want this to get worse, believe me. | -为什么 -相信我 你不希望事情更加糟糕的 |
[23:36] | Hello. My name is Faye. | 你好 我叫菲娅 |
[23:39] | I know. My dad just said that. | 我知道 我爸爸刚才说过了 |
[23:52] | Stop. | 停下 |
[23:54] | – Where are they taking her? – She’s going to the morgue. | -他们要把她带哪儿去 -带到停尸房 |
[23:57] | No, she’s not. She’s going to Frank e. Campbell. | 不 不行 将她送往弗兰克&坎贝尔葬礼堂 |
[24:06] | Anyone track down her family? | 有人联系她家人了吗 |
[24:08] | She has a niece. I’ll call her. | 她有一个侄女 我给她打个电话 |
[24:11] | I’m sorry, Bert. | 很抱歉 伯特 |
[24:21] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[24:28] | You should go home. | 你该回家去 |
[24:34] | Yes. Take all my calls up here. | 好吧 帮我接听所有的电话 |
[24:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:40] | So Fitzgerald says, | 菲茨杰拉德说 |
[24:41] | “I promised to pour this whiskey over your grave earlier, | 我先前承诺过要将威士忌洒在你的坟前 |
[24:43] | but do you mind if I pass it through me kidneys first?” | 但你不介意让美酒先从我的膀胱过一趟吧 |
[24:54] | – Are you all right? – Oh, damn it, | -你还好吧 -哦 该死 |
[24:56] | I don’t want to die in this office. | 我才不想死在这办公室里 |
[24:59] | I almost have twice. | 我两次都命悬一线 |
[25:00] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[25:02] | If it looks like I’m going, open a window. | 如果你见我快要驾鹤西去 请为我打开窗户 |
[25:04] | I’d rather flatten the top of a cab. | 我宁愿跳窗摔死在出租车上 |
[25:08] | You are not going to die in this office. | 你不会死在办公室里的 |
[25:14] | Poor Ida. | 可怜的艾达 |
[25:15] | She died like she lived… | 她死了也跟她活着时候一样 |
[25:17] | Surrounded by the people she answered phones for. | 被众人包围着 她生前整日替这些人接电话 |
[25:25] | I’m gonna go to my favorite restaurant | 我要去最喜欢的那家餐馆 |
[25:27] | And have a glass of cyanide. | 然后喝上一杯砒霜 |
[25:31] | Or you could join me. | 要和我一起吗 |
[25:33] | I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[25:35] | I’m gonna kill myself, Joanie. | 我要自杀了 琼妮 |
[25:37] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不会的 |
[25:39] | Go get your things. I’ll meet you in the lobby. | 收拾一下准备走吧 我在大厅里等你 |
[25:46] | I got it. | 我来开 |
[25:53] | – Hello, daddy. – Don’t “Hello, daddy” Me. | -爸爸 你回来啦 -别跟我来这套 |
[25:56] | Go sit down. | 坐那儿去 |
[26:02] | – How was it? – Great. | -情况还好吧 -不错 |
[26:05] | We watched a little TV, one of us took a nap. | 我们看了一小会儿电视 她打了个盹 |
[26:08] | You want to stay? You’re gonna need to eat. | 愿意留下来吗 该吃晚饭了 |
[26:11] | I know, but I have dinner plans. | 我知道 但是我晚上有约了 |
[26:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:22] | Glad I could help. | 很高兴能帮上忙 |
[26:25] | – Good night, Sally. – Good night. | -晚安 萨丽 -晚安 |
[26:37] | Can we order a pizza? | 我们晚上能吃外卖披萨吗 |
[26:41] | I want you to promise me you’re never going to do this again. | 你得向我保证你再也不会一个人来找我了 |
[26:46] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[26:57] | Why did you always pick this place? | 你为何每次都来这里 |
[26:59] | No chance of running into anyone | 因为在这儿碰不到熟人 |
[27:02] | And, of course, cherry cheesecake. | 当然 这里还有樱桃蛋糕 |
[27:05] | Well, the client Leo is older than I remember. | 那个客户 利奥 比我印象中老很多 |
[27:08] | But not us. | 但我们还很年轻 |
[27:14] | I wish you would talk to me about things. | 我想听一些关于你的事情 |
[27:17] | My husband doesn’t like it. | 我丈夫可不喜欢倾听 |
[27:20] | I know it’s tough, | 我知道这很艰难 |
[27:21] | But you must’ve known about the possibilities | 但他报名参军的时候 |
[27:23] | when he signed up. | 你就该想到会有这么一天 |
[27:25] | I wasn’t consulted. | 他没有问过我的意见 |
[27:27] | You’re kidding. | 开什么玩笑 |
[27:30] | Because you always tell Jane about all of your decisions? | 难道你做什么决定都会告诉简吗 |
[27:34] | She’s the woman behind the man, isn’t she? | 她是那种在男人背后默默支持的女人 对吗 |
[27:38] | Did you listen to my memoirs? | 你听过我的回忆录吗 |
[27:41] | I just have them transcribed | 我翻录了一遍 |
[27:42] | And recycle the tapes. | 然后把那些录音全部洗掉了 |
[27:45] | And you’re not a little curious | 你难道没有一点点好奇吗 |
[27:46] | if there’s a chapter called “Joan”? | 因为其中一个章节是以你命名的 |
[27:48] | There’d better not be. | 最好没有这一章 |
[27:51] | I know. That’s the problem. | 我知道 这就是问题所在 |
[27:55] | And every time I think back, | 每当我回忆过去的时候 |
[27:56] | All the good stuff was with you. | 我总觉得和你在一起是最快乐的 |
[28:00] | And I’m sorry I keep pestering you. | 我也知道不该这样纠缠你 |
[28:03] | I just can’t help myself. | 可我总是情不自禁 |
[28:06] | I don’t expect anything to happen. | 我不指望可以旧情复燃 |
[28:09] | I appreciate that. | 我赞成 |
[28:20] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[28:23] | Yes, I’m still mad at you. | 没错 我还在生你的气 |
[28:26] | Are you going to marry Faye? | 你要娶菲娅吗 |
[28:28] | What? No. | 什么 不会的 |
[28:31] | Is she your girlfriend? | 那她是你女朋友吗 |
[28:33] | – No. – She had your keys. | -不是 -但她有你家的钥匙呀 |
[28:38] | I gave her my keys. | 我把我的钥匙给她了 |
[28:43] | She knew you had peanut butter. | 她还知道你家里有花生酱 |
[28:47] | Everyone has peanut butter. | 谁家里都有花生酱的 |
[28:50] | Well, she said she wanted to meet me. | 她还说她早就想见见我了 |
[28:52] | Why would she want to meet me? | 她为什么想见我呢 |
[28:59] | Look, I do like her, | 听着 我是喜欢她 |
[29:01] | But we just work together | 但是我们只是同事关系 |
[29:03] | and I talk about you a lot. | 而且我经常和她谈到你 |
[29:05] | Do you like her? | 你喜欢她吗 |
[29:07] | – She seems nice. – Well, good. | -我觉得她不错 -那就好 |
[29:10] | Maybe you’ll get to see her again sometime. | 你可能还会见到她 |
[29:25] | Get out some plates. | 去拿几个盘子来 |
[29:28] | ’cause I didn’t want to take a cab on Broadway. | 我可不想在百老汇街乘出租 |
[29:29] | It’s a beautiful night. | 今晚的夜色真是优美 |
[29:31] | I don’t like this neighborhood anymore. | 我现在可不喜欢这儿了 |
[29:33] | What happened to it? | 这里是怎么了 |
[29:34] | Miss Blankenship, you’re not missing anything. | 布兰肯希普小姐 你没有错过任何变迁 |
[29:37] | – Do you know what time it is? – I do. | -你知道现在几点了吗 -知道 |
[29:39] | Oh God. | 天呐 |
[29:41] | You know what to do. | 你知道该怎么做吧 |
[29:43] | – Rog… – yes. Yes, we do. Look down. | -罗杰 -我们知道 别看他 |
[29:47] | Everything’s going to be fine. | 不会有事的 |
[29:59] | – There you go. – What about her? | -给你 -她呢 |
[30:02] | Give me your bag. | 把你的包给我 |
[30:05] | Rings. | 戒指也拿来 |
[30:12] | That’s everything. We haven’t seen anything. | 值钱的都给你了 我们什么也没看到 |
[30:21] | I can’t breathe. | 我喘不过气了 |
[30:22] | – I want to scream. – Don’t. Come over here. | -我想尖叫 -别叫 跟我来 |
[30:27] | – You have to calm down. – My ring. My ring. | -平静一下 -我的戒指 我的戒指啊 |
[30:30] | Stop it. Everything can be replaced. | 别这样 那些都是身外之物 |
[30:33] | You’re fine. | 你现在安全了 |
[30:55] | Don’t stop. | 别停 |
[31:07] | Are you sure you don’t want to call your mother or your brothers? | 你不想给你妈妈或者弟弟打个电话吗 |
[31:10] | It’s 9:30. They’re asleep. | 已经九点半了 他们都睡了 |
[31:20] | Daddy, I love you so much. | 爸爸 我很爱你 |
[31:24] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[31:27] | Did you brush your hair? | 你梳过头了吗 |
[31:29] | I want to live with you all the time. | 我想永远和你在一起 |
[31:33] | You can’t do that, honey. | 亲爱的 你不能那样 |
[31:36] | Why not? I’ll be good. | 为什么不行呢 我会很乖的 |
[31:39] | Where are you gonna go to school down here? | 你在这里怎么上学呢 |
[31:42] | What about your friends? What about your brothers? | 你不要你那些朋友了吗 你的两个弟弟怎么办 |
[31:46] | They could live here too. I’ll watch them. | 他们也可以住在这里啊 我会照顾好他们的 |
[31:50] | Sally. | 萨丽 |
[31:53] | Go to sleep. | 睡觉吧 |
[33:00] | – Sally? – I made French toast. | -萨丽 -我做了些法国吐司哦 |
[33:05] | You know I don’t like you using the stove. | 你知道我说了不让你碰炉子的 |
[33:07] | Oh, daddy, I do it all the time. | 得了 爸爸 我又不是第一次用了 |
[33:10] | And there’s no shells in it. | 这里面可没有蛋壳 |
[33:13] | Do you want me to turn on the TV? | 你想打开电视吗 |
[33:14] | We can watch “The today show.” | 我们现在可以看看《今日新闻》 |
[33:16] | No. | 不用了 |
[33:18] | Where’d you learn how to do this? | 你跟谁学的做吐司 |
[33:19] | Carla taught me. | 卡拉教我的 |
[33:23] | What’s on this? | 这上面加了什么 |
[33:24] | Mrs. Butterworth’s. | 糖浆 |
[33:27] | Go get it. | 拿给我看看 |
[33:35] | That’s rum. Read labels. | 那是朗姆酒 好好看看商标 |
[33:39] | Is it bad? | 很难吃吗 |
[33:41] | Not really. | 还行吧 |
[33:45] | Get dressed and I’ll get you a bun at the office. | 去穿衣服吧 我去办公室给你拿个小面包吃 |
[33:48] | Can’t we do something? | 我们就不能做点别的什么吗 |
[33:55] | All right, here’s the deal. No negotiating. | 好吧 提前说好了 不准和我讨价还价 |
[33:58] | I’m gonna call in, move everything to noon, | 我打个电话 把公事推到中午 |
[34:00] | And we’re gonna go to the central park zoo. | 然后我们就去中央动物园 |
[34:02] | – And the dinosaur museum? – One or the other. | -再去恐龙博物馆 -只能去一个地方 |
[34:06] | We only have till noon. | 我们只有一上午的时间 |
[34:08] | You finish your breakfast. | 你吃你的早饭 |
[34:09] | I’m going to get ready. | 我去准备一下 |
[34:17] | You want me to get Don to do it? | 要我叫唐来写这个吗 |
[34:19] | Of course, he didn’t really know her. | 不过 他对她不是很了解 |
[34:22] | No, he didn’t. | 他确实不太了解 |
[34:27] | Caroline, get Mrs. Harris. | 卡罗琳 把哈里斯夫人叫来 |
[34:29] | It’s regarding Ida Blankenship’s obit. | 是给艾达·布兰肯希普写讣告的事 |
[34:32] | That ought to get her in here. | 这个理由应该可以把她叫过来 |
[34:34] | This is an insult to her. | 这真是对她的侮辱 |
[34:36] | I can’t think of anything. | 我提起笔什么都想不出来 |
[34:39] | And I have no office in which to ruminate. | 而且也没有个好办公室 让我潜心思考 |
[34:46] | Cooper’s trying to write an obit… | 库珀打算写讣告 |
[34:48] | Something sharp and sweet. | 措辞要温馨感人 |
[34:52] | Well, Mr. Cooper, | 库珀先生 |
[34:55] | Shall we say, | 我们可以写 |
[34:57] | – “Beloved friend…” – Mmm. | -挚爱的朋友 -嗯 |
[34:59] | “…Devoted caretaker…” | 敬业的传达员 |
[35:02] | Put “Quietly in her sleep,” Of course. | 写上 “她安静的睡去了” |
[35:04] | What’s her profession… secretary? | 她的职务是什么 秘书吗 |
[35:05] | Executive secretary. | 执行秘书 |
[35:08] | She was born in 1898 in a barn. | 1898年 生于一所农舍内 |
[35:11] | She died on the 37th floor of a skyscraper. | 卒于摩天大厦的37层 |
[35:16] | She’s an astronaut. | 她 是个了不起的宇航员 |
[35:27] | Is this what it took to get you in here? | 非得这个理由才能把你叫进来吗 |
[35:31] | Look, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:35] | It was in the heat of the moment. | 那只是一时冲动 |
[35:38] | And there was a moment. You know that. | 那一刻我们确实动情了 你也很清楚这一点 |
[35:42] | I’m not sorry, | 我不觉得抱歉 |
[35:44] | But I’m married. | 但是我结婚了 |
[35:47] | And so are you. | 你也是 |
[35:49] | I feel something | 我感觉到爱意的流动 |
[35:51] | And I know you do. | 我知道你也感觉到了 |
[36:05] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[36:07] | – Hello. – Sally, this is Megan. | -你好 -萨丽 这是梅根 |
[36:10] | – Where’s miss Blankenship? – She went away. | -布兰肯希普小姐在去哪儿了 -她出远门了 |
[36:13] | I’m helping out for a little bit. | 我是来帮忙的 |
[36:16] | Her mother should be by at 5:00. Can you handle five minutes? | 她妈妈大概五点到 可以照看五分钟吗 |
[36:20] | Are you hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[36:22] | She ate plenty. | 她吃很多了 |
[36:24] | I’m gonna get coffee and check in. | 我去喝杯咖啡 然后开始工作 |
[36:32] | Shit. Now we can’t leave. | 该死 这下走不掉了 |
[36:35] | Harry said on the form where it says “Cause of death,” | 哈里说 在死因那一栏里 |
[36:38] | They wrote “Don Draper”. | 他们填的是”唐·德雷柏” |
[36:41] | How long do you think Yvette Mimieux’s gonna last on his desk? | 你们觉得小美女可以在那岗位上撑多久 |
[36:44] | I say we start a pool | 我觉得我们应该打个赌 |
[36:45] | on whether she’s fired, quits or dies. | 赌她是被炒 自己辞职 还是光荣殉职 |
[36:53] | Where’s Dr. Miller? | 米勒博士在哪 |
[36:54] | – I don’t know if she’s coming in. – She is. | -我不知道她会不会来 -她会的 |
[36:58] | Well, the Fillmores want a jingle, | 菲尔莫尔兄弟想要一首广告曲 |
[37:00] | A c-c-c-catchy tune. | 一首 好好好好记的曲子 |
[37:03] | Don’t do that. | 别闹了 |
[37:06] | Harry says no rock ‘n’ roll if we want middle-class men. | 哈里说 想吸引中产阶级的顾客就别用摇滚 |
[37:09] | He was pushing Perry Como. | 他推荐佩里·科莫的歌 |
[37:12] | And we had Pat Boone, Roger Miller, | 备选歌手有帕特·布恩 罗杰·米勒 |
[37:14] | Frankie Laine, Duane Eddy. | 弗兰克·莱恩 杜安·艾迪 |
[37:16] | I’m glad I came in for this. | 想不到我来参加会议 讨论的就是这些东西 |
[37:20] | How about Harry Belafonte? | 哈里·贝尔范蒂怎么样 |
[37:21] | Everyone likes him. | 大家都喜欢他 |
[37:24] | I’ll get you tickets to Harry Belafonte. | 我可以帮你弄到哈里·贝尔范蒂的演出票 |
[37:27] | Believe me, he ain’t selling auto parts for these guys. | 相信我 他不会代言汽车零部件的 |
[37:30] | Well, maybe it’ll help them with their image in the South. | 说不定可以帮助改善菲尔莫尔公司在南部的形象 |
[37:33] | They don’t want help. Have you ever been to the South? | 他们不需要帮助 你去过南方吗 |
[37:36] | ‘Cause they have a way of doing things | 南方人有自己独特的行事方式 |
[37:37] | and it doesn’t include Harry Belafonte. | 哈里·贝尔范蒂也于事无补 |
[37:39] | The Fillmore brothers are from Boston. | 菲尔莫尔兄弟是从波士顿来的 |
[37:42] | Same thing. | 没差别 |
[37:43] | Well, why are we doing business | 为什么我们要跟 |
[37:45] | With someone that doesn’t hire Negroes? | 不愿意雇佣黑人的公司有业务往来 |
[37:51] | Our job is to make men like Fillmore auto, | 我们的任务是让大众喜欢菲尔莫尔公司 |
[37:55] | Not make Fillmore auto like Negroes. | 不是让菲尔莫尔公司喜欢黑人 |
[38:04] | Pick one, get it written and recorded | 选一个 写下来 然后录制 |
[38:06] | and if they want to change it, we will charge them to change it. | 如果他们想换 我们就收修改费 |
[38:11] | How about Dean Martin? | 迪恩·马丁怎么样 |
[38:12] | He’s friends with Sammy Davis Jr.. | 他是萨米·戴维斯的好友 |
[38:14] | Does that work for you, Peggy? | 你还满意吗 佩奇 |
[38:21] | Mrs. Francis is going to be in the lobby any minute. | 弗朗西斯太太随时会到大厅 |
[38:23] | I have to cover reception, per Joan’s orders. | 琼让我必须去做前台接待 |
[38:26] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[38:31] | Your mother’s going to be downstairs in a minute. | 你妈妈马上就会到楼下了 |
[38:34] | Get your things. | 带好你的东西 |
[38:35] | I wanna stay. | 我想留下 |
[38:36] | Well, you can’t. | 不可以 |
[38:38] | I want to stay and I don’t know why I can’t. | 我想留下 我不知道为什么不可以 |
[38:41] | Because you have to go home. | 因为你得回家 |
[38:43] | I’ll be good. I promise. | 我会很乖的 我保证 |
[38:47] | – Come on. – No. | -起来 -不要 |
[38:48] | – Let’s go. – No! No! | -走吧 -不要 不要 |
[38:50] | No no! I’m not going anywhere! Stop it! | 不要 我哪里都不去 别拉我 |
[38:53] | – Do you want me to carry you out of here? – I’m not going. | -你想要我把你抱出去吗 -我才不走 |
[38:55] | I’m not leaving. I hate it there! | 我不要离开 我讨厌那里 |
[38:59] | Is everything okay? | 怎么了 |
[39:04] | – Can you talk to her? – What? | -你可以跟她谈谈吗 -什么 |
[39:06] | Please. I can’t bring her back | 拜托了 我没法将她送回去 |
[39:07] | kicking and screaming to her mother. | 她肯定会对她母亲大吵大闹的 |
[39:09] | I don’t have much child psychology. | 我不太会琢磨小孩的心思 |
[39:11] | Just talk to her. | 劝劝她就好 |
[39:18] | Dr. Faye wants to talk to you. | 菲娅博士想跟你谈谈 |
[39:22] | Hi, Sally. | 你好 萨丽 |
[39:24] | Remember me from yesterday? | 还记得我们昨天见过面吗 |
[39:30] | I know you don’t want to go, but you have to. | 我知道你不想走 但你必须回去 |
[39:33] | Your mother came all the way out here. | 你妈妈大老远跑来 |
[39:35] | You don’t know my mother. | 你又不认识我妈 |
[39:37] | Sally. | 萨丽 |
[39:41] | Sally, | 萨丽 |
[39:43] | sometimes we have to do things we don’t want to do. | 有时候 有些事我们不想做也得做 |
[39:46] | – Shut up. – What’s gotten into you? | -闭嘴 -你到底怎么回事 |
[39:48] | I don’t think I’m helping here. | 我觉得我帮不上忙 |
[39:50] | We don’t want your help. | 我们不需要你帮忙 |
[39:52] | – Let’s go, now. – Stop it! No! Stop it! | -现在就跟我走 -停下 不要 |
[40:15] | It’s gonna be all right. | 没事的 |
[40:17] | No, it’s not. | 才不会呢 |
[40:24] | I fall all the time. | 我总是跌倒 |
[40:30] | I was coming to get you. | 我是打算来叫你的 |
[40:31] | Mrs…. Your… | 那位 你的 |
[40:34] | Sally’s mother is in reception. | 萨丽的妈妈在接待处了 |
[40:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:52] | I was worried about you. | 我很担心你 |
[41:05] | Come on, let’s go. | 好了 走吧 |
[41:06] | I was waiting in the lobby at 5:00. | 我五点整的时候就在大厅等了 |
[41:08] | – We lost track of time. – Well, now I’m late. | -我们忘了时间 -现在我已经迟了 |
[41:13] | Sally? | 萨丽 |
[41:15] | – Say goodbye to your father. – Goodbye. | -跟爸爸说再见 -再见 |
[41:22] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[41:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:40] | Hi. Are you here to see Peggy? | 你好 您是来找佩奇的吗 |
[41:51] | Can you make me one of those? | 可以也给我来一杯吗 |
[41:54] | No. No, I can’t. | 不 不行 |
[41:59] | – I can’t do anything for you. – Why are you upset? | -我没办法为你做任何事 -你为何如此气愤 |
[42:02] | You shouldn’t have put me in that position. | 你不该将我置于那种境地 |
[42:05] | Things happen. I didn’t plan it. | 那是个意外 我也没想到 |
[42:07] | You asked me to go watch her. | 你让我去照看她 |
[42:09] | There was no one else to do it. | 当时我找不到其他人 |
[42:10] | And just now? What the hell was that? | 那刚才呢 那又算什么 |
[42:14] | I’m not good with kids. | 我根本不擅长带小孩 |
[42:16] | That was not your fault. | 那不是你的错 |
[42:17] | Well, it feels like there was a test and I failed it. | 那感觉像是一个考验 而我失败了 |
[42:23] | God knows I’d be lying | 如果我说我没有这样想过的话 |
[42:25] | if I said it didn’t cross my mind. | 老天都知道我在说谎 |
[42:26] | Would I meet your children? When would I meet your children? | 我会见到你的孩子吗 什么时候会见到 |
[42:30] | But I don’t have any. | 但我自己没有孩子 |
[42:43] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[42:45] | I love children, but I chose to be where I am. | 我喜欢孩子 但我选择了如今的生活方式 |
[42:50] | I don’t view it as a failure. | 我不觉得那是个败笔 |
[42:53] | It doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[42:58] | I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[43:06] | Jesus. What a mess. | 老天啊 真是一团糟 |
[43:12] | Part of it’s good, right? | 有一部分还不错 对吧 |
[43:29] | I’m gonna go. I didn’t really sleep. | 我要走了 我没怎么睡 |
[43:35] | We can have dinner this weekend. I’ll pick a place. | 我们这周末可以共进晚餐 我来选地点 |
[43:39] | Good. | 很好 |
[44:04] | Why are you drinking here? | 你为什么在这喝东西 |
[44:06] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[44:08] | I don’t know what kind of surprise you’re gonna spring on me. | 我不知道你为我准备了怎样的惊喜 |
[44:14] | So Abe Drexler pulled a boner. | 艾博·德克斯勒犯了个大错 |
[44:16] | It’s to be expected. | 我早料到会这样 |
[44:18] | He seemed so nice. | 他人看上去真的很好 |
[44:20] | He’s a man. | 他是个男人 |
[44:22] | He won’t be happy until he turns you out. | 不对你进行思想大改造 他是不会善罢甘休的 |
[44:24] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[44:26] | Gotta be their girl. | 你得当他们的女人 |
[44:28] | It’s the way they want it. Maybe it’s biology. | 他们就喜欢这样 可能是生物本能 |
[44:32] | It’s like men are this vegetable soup | 男人就像蔬菜汤 |
[44:34] | and we can’t put’em on a plate or eat’em off the counter. | 不能放在盘子吃 也不能在吧台上吃 |
[44:37] | So women are the pot. They heat’em up. | 所以女人就是锅 将汤加热 |
[44:40] | They hold ’em. They contain them. | 承载着 包容着 |
[44:44] | But who wants to be a pot? | 但是谁想当个锅呢 |
[44:47] | Who the hell said we’re not soup? | 我们为何就不能是汤呢 |
[44:50] | I don’t think that’s true. | 我觉得你说的不对 |
[44:52] | It’s been my experience. | 这是我的经验之谈 |
[44:55] | But you know, I wouldn’t have helped Abe out | 但是 要不是我觉得艾博是碗特别的汤 |
[44:58] | if I didn’t think he was some very interesting soup. | 我也不会帮他一把 |
[45:05] | Listen, go ahead without me. | 听我说 你去吧 别管我了 |
[45:07] | Another time. | 我有机会再去 |
[45:09] | Are you angry or lovesick? | 你是生气还是害相思病啊 |
[45:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[45:16] | Night, peg. | 晚安 佩 |
[45:56] | Could you hold that? | 可以等一下吗 |
[46:00] | Hello. | 你们好 |