时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | I have sand in the weirdest places. | 我的私处都进了沙子 |
[00:42] | Jones beach? Don’t be so sure it’s sand. | 在这琼斯海滩 那可不一定是沙子 |
[00:46] | hold up. | 等等 |
[00:47] | We got hitchers. | 有人搭车 |
[00:50] | – Made it. – I see that. | -终于赶上了 -是啊 |
[01:02] | Girls, on the hop. | 美女坐我腿上 |
[01:07] | You gotta get up. | 恐怕只能委屈你坐我腿上了 |
[01:11] | All I want to say is I did not plan this. | 我只想说 我不是故意要占你便宜 |
[01:13] | Nobody talk. I’m really stoned. | 都别说话 我醉得头痛欲裂 |
[01:18] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:20] | You’re like a pound or less. | 你轻盈若无物 |
[01:32] | I see you went in. | 我看到你进去的 |
[01:34] | I like the water. | 我喜欢这里的水 |
[01:36] | Can I quote you on that? | 我能借用下这句话吗 |
[01:39] | I’m learning. | 我正在学游泳 |
[01:46] | – Oh my god. You’re a slob. – Shh! | -天 你这里真乱 -嘘 |
[01:49] | we have to be quiet. I have a roommate. | 轻点 我室友还在呢 |
[02:10] | God, I love your shoulders. | 天 我爱你娇嫩的香肩 |
[02:12] | You look like you’re in the olympics. | 你就像奥林匹克山上的女神 |
[02:15] | You never stop talking. | 你就不能闭嘴吗 |
[02:21] | It was like the movies. | 就像电影一样 |
[02:22] | One minute we’re listening to a lecture on rhododendrons, | 前一刻我们还在听个杜鹃花讲座 |
[02:24] | The next, Patricia is driving like a speed racer to the hospital. | 下一刻 帕特丽夏就像赛车手般飞车赶去医院了 |
[02:28] | And Trudy keeps apologizing in the back seat. | 特鲁迪坐在后座不断道歉 |
[02:30] | We’re saying, “It’s okay. Nobody cares. | 我们安慰她 没事的 没人介意 |
[02:32] | You’re having a baby!” | 你就要当妈妈了 |
[02:35] | Meanwhile, Campbell’s on the back nine with his father-in-law, | 那个时候 坎贝尔正跟他岳父一起打高尔夫 |
[02:37] | who’s also a client. | 他也是我们的客户 |
[02:39] | Well, that’s a nice way to end a round. | 以这种方式结束比赛倒是挺有意思的 |
[02:41] | Ken Cosgrove. Don’t get up. | 肯·科斯格罗夫 别起来了 |
[02:43] | John Flory. | 约翰·弗洛瑞 |
[02:45] | This is my fiancee Cynthia, | 这位是我未婚妻辛西娅 |
[02:47] | Her parents, Ed and Lillian Baxter. | 这二位是她的双亲 埃德和莉莉安·伯克斯特 |
[02:49] | – Sorry to interrupt. – It’s a pleasure. | -抱歉打扰 -欢迎之至 |
[02:50] | – Nice to meet you. – Aren’t you lucky? | -幸会 -你真是幸福 |
[02:52] | I’m spending my Sunday night with Dodge. | 我的周日夜都用来招待道奇那些客户了 |
[02:54] | Nice to see you, Ken. And I’m sorry about, you know. | 能碰到你真好 肯 关于那件事我很遗憾 |
[02:57] | – My condolences. – Oh, David Montgomery? | -节哀 -哦 大卫·蒙哥马利那事 |
[03:00] | I was only there for about six months. I didn’t really know him. | 我就在那呆了6周 几乎不认识他 |
[03:04] | Oh. Right. | 哦 对哦 |
[03:06] | Well, I should be on my way. | 我该忙去了 |
[03:07] | It was nice meeting you all. | 很高兴见到各位 |
[03:12] | Flory. | 弗洛瑞 |
[03:16] | Look, you’re with your family. | 你正享受天伦之乐呢 |
[03:17] | – I shouldn’t have said anything. – You didn’t. | -别让我坏了你兴致 -不会 |
[03:19] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[03:22] | Lucky strike. | 幸福时光香烟 |
[03:23] | They’re coming over to us. | 他们要转投我们公司了 |
[03:26] | What? | 什么 |
[03:27] | Look, you didn’t hear it from me, okay? | 听着 别说是我告诉你的 行吗 |
[03:29] | you’re winding me up. | 你在耍我吧 |
[03:30] | No. American tobacco came in last Monday, | 不是 美国烟草公司上周来的 |
[03:32] | Said they’re moving all the brands to us. | 说他们旗下所有品牌都由我们公司做 |
[03:34] | Well, that’s not true. | 那不可能的 |
[03:37] | Someone should tell Lee Garner Jr. That. | 这话你该跟小李·加勒说 |
[03:40] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:52] | You okay, son? | 你没事吧 孩子 |
[03:53] | Whenever ad men meet, all they ever do is brag and brag. | 广告人的聚会 一向都只有自吹自擂 |
[03:56] | It’s hard not to get rattled. | 想不生气都难 |
[04:00] | Ed, Lillian, you’ll have to excuse me. | 埃德 莉莉安 请恕我失陪 |
[04:03] | Sweetheart, I swear to you I wouldn’t do this | 亲爱的 原谅我 要不是情况紧急 |
[04:05] | If it wasn’t serious. | 我必不会如此 |
[04:11] | Ken! What a pleasant surprise! | 肯 你怎么会来这儿 |
[04:15] | There’s nothing much to celebrate yet. | 现在还没到庆祝的时候 |
[04:17] | They were going to send Trudy home, but her mother protested. | 医生建议特鲁迪先回家 但她妈妈拒绝了 |
[04:19] | I sent her for food just to get rid of her. | 我打发她去买点吃的了 |
[04:21] | Anyway, I suppose your visit is premature. | 总之 你好像来早了[一词多义 早产] |
[04:24] | – I shouldn’t use that word around here. – Can I talk to you? | -我这会真不该提这个词的 -能跟你谈谈吗 |
[04:29] | John Flory, some prik over at B.B.D.O., | 约翰·弗洛瑞 天联广告公司的一个家伙 |
[04:32] | Just told me that lucky strike is going there. | 刚告诉我 幸福时光香烟要转投他们公司 |
[04:35] | What? | 什么 |
[04:38] | you made me wait for you while you worked. | 你就知道忙工作 让我好等 |
[04:42] | I’m not waiting anymore. | 我再也不想等了 |
[04:45] | I should get it. | 我得接个电话 |
[04:48] | Of course. The kids. | 当然 肯定是孩子们打来的 |
[04:51] | – Hello? – It’s Pete. | -喂 -我是皮特 |
[04:52] | Have you heard anything about lucky strike leaving? | 你有没有听说幸福时光香烟要转投别家了 |
[04:55] | – No. – Ken heard from somebody at B.B.D.O | -没有 -肯从天联广告公司的人那听说的 |
[04:58] | – That lucky’s coming over. – Bullship. Call Roger. | -说他们要接手了 -胡说 打给罗杰 |
[05:01] | I did. He’s out. | 我打过了 他外出了 |
[05:03] | Wake Cooper. Meet me in the office. | 叫醒库珀 我们办公室见 |
[05:07] | – What happened? – I’m not sure. | -怎么了 -还不确定 |
[05:10] | I have to make a call. | 我得打个电话 |
[05:14] | Hello? | 人呢 |
[05:18] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[05:19] | Ken here heard that lucky strike is leaving. | 肯刚听说 幸福时光香烟要转投别家了 |
[05:22] | – That they’ve already left. – What? | -他们已经定下合作事宜了 -什么 |
[05:25] | – Who told you what? – John Flory. | -谁告诉你的 -约翰·弗洛瑞 |
[05:27] | He’s an account executive at B.B.D.O. That’s where they’re going. | 他是天联的客户经理 就是他们接手 |
[05:30] | – No. That’s impossible. – Call him. | -不 不可能 -打给他证实下 |
[05:32] | I’m telling you it’s impossible. | 我说了这不可能 |
[05:39] | Don’t lose your temper. | 别发脾气 |
[05:43] | Somebody call Lane in London? | 有人打去伦敦通知莱恩了吗 |
[05:45] | Yeah, I don’t think he’ll go back to sleep. | 打了 估计他也睡不着了 |
[05:47] | Could I get a drink? | 能帮我倒杯酒吗 |
[05:55] | It’s ringing. | 接通了 |
[05:58] | Lee. Roger Sterling. | 李 我是罗杰·斯特林 |
[06:01] | From your agency? | 代理你们广告的那个 |
[06:04] | Well, it’s serious. | 这事刻不容缓 |
[06:07] | He’s drunk. | 他喝醉了 |
[06:10] | You’re dare right I heard. | 我当然听说了 |
[06:13] | Because you can consolidate your business here. | 因为大合并以后的广告业务 我们也可以做 |
[06:19] | Just because your father’s non compos mentis | 你父亲简直是大脑失常 举动疯狂 |
[06:20] | Doesn’t mean you have to listen to the board. | 但你不必事事都听董事会的 |
[06:24] | It’s bullshit! Lee! | 一派胡言 李 |
[06:27] | 30 years?! | 30年的交情 |
[06:29] | I have to hear it on the street? | 我还得从别人那儿听说这事 |
[06:31] | No review? Nothing?! | 没有转圜余地了吗 都不可能了吗 |
[06:40] | He hung up. | 他挂了 |
[06:44] | It’s true? | 是真的吗 |
[06:51] | I need to sit down | 我需要坐一会儿 |
[06:57] | Tomorrow morning | 明天一早 |
[06:58] | we’re getting on the 6:00 A.M. to raleigh-durham. | 我们赶6点的飞机去罗利-达勒姆 |
[07:00] | I’ll do it. | 我去吧 |
[07:03] | I’ve known him half my life. | 我认识他半辈子了 |
[07:04] | I need a drink. | 给我杯酒 |
[07:20] | – What time is it? – Midnight. | -几点了 -半夜了 |
[07:27] | You want one? | 要来一杯吗 |
[07:29] | Looks like you need both. | 看上去你一杯都不够 |
[07:39] | It looks like lucky strike might have gone south. | 幸福时光香烟这客户似乎是留不住了 |
[07:43] | Holy crap. | 太糟糕了 |
[07:45] | Obviously we’d like to avoid that information getting out. | 显然这消息目前还不能泄露出去 |
[07:50] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[07:52] | Supposedly, they’re consolidating | 他们想实行广告业务合并 |
[07:53] | for a reduced commission at B.B.D.O. | 统一交给天联去做 减少代理费用 |
[07:59] | Hey, watch it. You have to keep a clear head. | 少喝点 你得保持头脑清醒 |
[08:05] | Every day, I tried not to think about | 每天 我都避免去想 |
[08:07] | what would happen if this happened. | 万一这事发生了 我们将如何是好 |
[08:17] | Aw, look at that plum. | 看你那梅红色的脸 |
[08:22] | – What’s that? – That face. | -什么 -脸都成红色的了 |
[08:28] | You’re the most hirable man on Madison Avenue. | 你是麦迪逊大道最炙手可热的广告人 |
[08:31] | I’m not at that point yet. | 还没到跳槽的地步吧 |
[08:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:57] | – Where’s Trudy? – Her mother’s got her all worked up. | -特鲁迪呢 -她妈妈带她出去走动走动 |
[09:00] | She made such a stink. | 她在这儿坐立不安 |
[09:01] | And that thing’s at least another day away. | 估计还有好几天才能生 |
[09:04] | Can I see her? | 我可以见她吗 |
[09:06] | Have you been drinking? | 你是不是喝酒了 |
[09:08] | You need to calm down. | 你得冷静下来 |
[09:10] | I was at a ballgame when Trudy was born. | 特鲁迪出生的时候 我还在看球赛呢 |
[09:13] | Go about your business. | 去忙公事去吧 |
[09:21] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[09:27] | Could I speak with you candidly? | 我能跟你坦白说吗 |
[09:29] | Always. I’d like to think I’m more to you than a typical father-in-law. | 当然 我很希望对你来说我不只是岳父而已 |
[09:34] | You are. That’s the problem. It’s about business. | 的确 这就是问题所在 是关于业务的 |
[09:38] | There’s no business in here, son. | 现在不谈公事 孩子 |
[09:42] | We may have lost Lucky Strike. | 我们可能失去幸福时光香烟了 |
[09:45] | I’m sure this agency was a thrill, | 我就知道新公司只是昙花一现 |
[09:48] | but you’ve had your folly. | 你一时失误才会选择加入 |
[09:49] | That’s not right, Tom. | 不是那样的 汤姆 |
[09:51] | I haven’t stayed at Vick Chemical for 28 years because I love it. | 我留在维克制药28年 不是因为我爱那里 |
[09:55] | It’s because I have a family. | 而是因为我要养家糊口 |
[09:56] | Any minute here, you will too. | 很快 你将面临同样的境况 |
[09:58] | – This still can work. – I’m not rooting against you. | -公司或许可以度过难关啊 -我没说不行啊 |
[10:01] | You’ve got my account, for god’s sake. | 无论如何 你还手握我这个客户呢 |
[10:04] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[10:06] | You’re a frequent topic at C.G.C. | 在C.G.C广告公司 大家常提到你 |
[10:10] | Apparently you were a tough act to follow | 显然 你的工作成绩是他们望尘莫及的 |
[10:13] | when we moved Clearasil over there. | 克利拉思转到那边以后立刻暴露无遗 |
[10:14] | Ted Chaough? I hate him. | 泰德·赵吗 我很讨厌他 |
[10:16] | He’s a good guy. | 他是个好人 |
[10:18] | He’s not interested in me. He’s just trying to hobble Don. | 他并非真的对我有兴趣 他只是想借机让唐难堪 |
[10:20] | There’s no reward in going down with the ship. | 同归于尽无利益 识时务者为俊杰 |
[10:25] | I have an agency. I’m a partner. | 公司也有我的一部分 我是合伙人 |
[10:29] | I found him. | 我找到他了 |
[10:30] | He was down at the candy machines dozed off. | 他在糖果机那里打瞌睡 |
[10:33] | – Can I see her? – No. | -我可以见她吗 -不行 |
[10:35] | She finally went to sleep. | 她好不容易睡了 |
[10:37] | Why don’t you just go back to the candy machines and we’ll wait? | 不如你再回糖果机那里打个盹儿 我们继续等 |
[10:40] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[10:49] | The air conditioning guy’s supposed to be there at 8:00. | 冷气工人应该八点会到 |
[10:56] | I guess I’ll see you then. | 期待下次再会 |
[11:01] | You don’t want me to go? | 你不希望我走吗 |
[11:05] | I want you to do whatever you usually do. | 你就像平常一样过日子就行了 |
[11:07] | Hey, I don’t usually do anything. | 我平常什么都不做 |
[11:13] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:14] | Can’t you tell by how badly I’m leaving? | 你看不出我不擅长离别吗 |
[11:19] | I’m not letting you leave. | 我不会让你离开的 |
[11:32] | What about your air? | 你的冷气怎么办 |
[11:40] | You’re unbelievable. | 你简直让人欲罢不能 |
[11:43] | I’m sorry. I’m not usually like this. | 真抱歉 我通常不是这样的 |
[11:55] | – Hello? – I just walked out of there. | -你好 -我刚走出他的办公室 |
[11:59] | It’s over. | 没救了 |
[12:02] | – I see. – Since his father got sick, | -我知道了 -自从他父亲病了之后 |
[12:04] | the board took over. There’s no point in talking to them. | 权力都落到董事会手里 跟他们谈纯粹是浪费时间 |
[12:07] | He said we did good work. | 他说我们的广告做的非常出色 |
[12:08] | Our clients need to hear this from us. | 这话应该说给我们的客户听 |
[12:11] | I know, Bert. Don’t wait for me. | 我知道 伯特 别等我了 |
[12:15] | I’m standing by Lee’s receptionist. | 我正站在李公司的接待处 |
[12:17] | I didn’t want to have to pay for the long-distance call. | 我可不想付长途电话费 |
[12:20] | Very well then. | 很好 |
[12:40] | Lane Pryce isn’t coming back. | 莱恩·普莱斯不会回来了 |
[12:42] | That’s my guess. | 我猜是宣布这事儿 |
[12:44] | I think they’d do that in a memo. | 那种小事 根本不会如此劳师动众 |
[12:46] | I got $5 that says Cooper’s retiring. | 我出五块 赌库珀要宣布退休 |
[12:49] | No champagne? | 没有香槟吗 |
[12:50] | I’d say he’s got cancer. | 我猜他可能得了癌症 |
[12:52] | It’s in bigger print now. | 字体都放大了 |
[12:54] | Everyone? If we could have your attention, please? | 各位请安静 有要事宣布 |
[12:59] | Bert. | 伯特 |
[13:03] | “We have called this meeting of our nearest and dearest | 此次召集全体员工共同出席大会 |
[13:07] | to let you know of a change in the agency. | 旨在通知公司的一项巨变 |
[13:11] | After 30 years of consummate service, | 经过30年的愉快合作 |
[13:14] | American tobacco has reluctantly decided | 美国烟草公司艰难地做出决定 |
[13:18] | to consolidate their business | 实行业务大合并 |
[13:20] | at Batten, Barton, Durstine and Osborn”. | 并将所有广告业务转投天联公司 |
[13:24] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[13:26] | “So what does this mean to you?” | 这对各位来说意味着什么呢 |
[13:31] | Now Donald Draper partner, creative director. | 现在有请唐纳德·德雷柏 公司合伙人 创意总监 |
[13:39] | Pete Campbell and Ken Cosgrove | 皮特·坎贝尔跟肯·科斯格罗夫 |
[13:40] | will handle calls to clients. | 会负责打电话给客户 |
[13:42] | Those are the only calls we want made with this news. | 除了他们 这一消息我们将不对任何人泄露 |
[13:46] | Now we’ve had a pretty good year. | 公司本年度业绩蒸蒸日上 |
[13:49] | We’ve gained more accounts than we’ve lost, a lot more, | 我们争取到的新客户 比失去的旧客户多的多 |
[13:52] | Because our work is thoughtful and effective– | 因为我们的广告作品构思新颖 效果显著 |
[13:55] | Even Lucky Strike said so | 连幸福时光都这么说 |
[13:57] | which means that nothing should change. | 这意味着一切仍将如常 |
[13:59] | Nothing will change. | 不会有任何改变 |
[14:01] | We’re gonna push ourselves shoulder to shoulder | 我们将一起肩并肩度过这个难关 |
[14:04] | and we’re gonna overcome this and succeed tenfold | 取得比以前更辉煌的成就 |
[14:06] | and it will be exhilarating. | 最终的胜利必将鼓舞人心 |
[14:11] | Joe? | 乔 |
[14:14] | As Don said, nothing is going to change. | 如唐所说 一切如常 |
[14:18] | There’s only a small modification in policy. | 但公司规章制度上会做一些小调整 |
[14:22] | Anything out of the ordinary | 一切特殊事件 |
[14:23] | must be approved by myself, Joan Harris or Lane Pryce. | 必须征询我 琼·哈里斯和莱恩·普莱斯的意见 |
[14:28] | and that said, inquiries as to paychecks and advances… | 比如 薪资或是升迁之类的事宜 |
[14:35] | – What’s going on? – That’s the head of accounting. | -发生什么事了 -那是会计部领导 |
[14:37] | What do you think’s going on? | 你觉得发生了什么事 |
[14:38] | Any questions? | 有任何问题请现在提出 |
[14:42] | Nothing? | 没有吗 |
[14:45] | Okay. If you want to talk to me individually, | 好吧 如果有人想私下里找我谈谈 |
[14:47] | I’ll be in my office. | 我在办公室恭候 |
[14:52] | – What happened? – We lost Lucky Strike. | -出什么事了 -我们失去了幸福时光 |
[14:56] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[14:58] | But it sounds like everything’s under control. | 但听起来一切似乎还在掌控之中 |
[15:00] | I’ve got to go to a meeting. | 我得去参加个会议 |
[15:02] | Peggy, Freddy, Danny, Stan– in my office. | 佩奇 弗雷迪 丹尼 斯坦 来我办公室 |
[15:13] | We’re in some trouble here. | 公司现在有大麻烦了 |
[15:15] | Creative needs to be on its toes. | 创意人员要引起警惕 |
[15:17] | Is it a “Last hired, last fired” Sort of thing? | 一旦要开除员工 是不是会拿新人开刀 |
[15:20] | You’re in this room. That’s all I can say. | 至少现在还没开除你 我只能这么说 |
[15:23] | Now, myself and the other partners, | 我和公司其他合伙人 |
[15:25] | will be out there beating the bushes for new business, | 会去积极寻找新客户 |
[15:27] | But creative’s job is to hold on to what we have. | 而创意人员的任务就是留住老客户 |
[15:30] | That means client’s ideas should seem better than they normally do. | 也就是说 我们要比平常更重视客户的意见 |
[15:34] | For the next few weeks the only words you know | 接下来的几周 你们必须面对客户时只能说 |
[15:36] | – Are “Yes, sir.” – yes, sir. | -遵命 先生 -遵命 先生 |
[15:38] | That means, Stan, | 这意味着 斯坦 |
[15:39] | you babysit that Samsonite shoot every day. | 你必须每天去监督新秀丽的广告拍摄工作 |
[15:41] | Peggy, the Playtex presentation is still set for tomorrow. | 佩奇 倍得适的广告展示将在明天如期举行 |
[15:44] | I’ll bring in my notes. I can prep you in 10 minutes. | 我去拿我的笔记 大概在10分钟后可以做简报 |
[15:46] | No. You’re still gonna do it. | 不 还是由你来做 |
[15:47] | It’ll look desperate if I’m suddenly involved. | 如果我突然参与 会让他们觉得公司已经穷途末路了 |
[15:50] | – So what about it then? – Be successful. | -那该怎么做呢 -只许成功 不许失败 |
[15:54] | I’m not worried. | 我一点都不担心 |
[15:55] | Okay. Let’s skip the gossip out there. | 好了 废话不多说了 |
[15:57] | Get to work. | 都去忙吧 |
[16:02] | Peggy? | 佩奇 |
[16:04] | you’re not worried? | 你不担心吗 |
[16:06] | I don’t know. You seem to have everything in hand. | 我不知道 你看上去大局在握 |
[16:10] | Should I be worried? | 我该担心吗 |
[16:12] | We don’t even know how bad this is gonna be until Lane shows up. | 莱恩不出现 我们甚至不知道情况到底会有多严重 |
[16:17] | Every time something good happens, something bad happens. | 果然情场得意 商场失意 |
[16:20] | I knew I’d pay for it. | 我就知道我会付出点代价的 |
[16:22] | You’re not paying for anything. | 你不需要付出任何代价 |
[16:24] | But I’m counting on you. | 我对你寄予厚望 |
[16:29] | Close that, will you? | 能把门带上吗 |
[16:49] | – Joan Harris. – Joanie, I’m glad you’re there. | -琼·哈里斯 -琼妮 我很高兴你在 |
[16:53] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[16:55] | I feel so guilty. | 我觉得好愧疚啊 |
[16:57] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[16:59] | I need to see you. | 我得见你 |
[17:01] | I need you to come down here. | 我要你来这里 |
[17:03] | I’m not flying to Raleigh. | 我才不要飞去罗利呢 |
[17:05] | – When do you get back? – No, I’m here. | -你什么时候回来 -不 我还在这儿呢 |
[17:09] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[17:10] | Mr. Cooper said he spoke with you. | 库珀先生说他跟你通过话了 |
[17:12] | He did, but I didn’t go. | 确实 但我没去 |
[17:15] | Damn it, Roger. Get on a plane. | 该死 罗杰 赶快飞过去啊 |
[17:18] | You’re very persuasive in person. | 你当面交谈非常有说服力 |
[17:22] | There’s no point. | 没救了 |
[17:23] | It’s been over for weeks. | 几周前一切就结束了 |
[17:25] | Garner was supposed to give me a month. | 加勒原本答应给我一个月时间的 |
[17:26] | The bastard couldn’t keep to it. | 可那混蛋却不守信用 |
[17:27] | You knew about it?! | 你早就知道了 |
[17:29] | I can’t believe you. We could’ve done something. | 你简直不可理喻 我们或许可以采取补救措施的 |
[17:32] | Don’t yell at me. | 别对我吼 |
[17:34] | You know what it’s been like walking around with this? | 你以为我隐瞒着这消息心里好受吗 |
[17:35] | I got a hole in my gut. | 简直如鲠在喉 如坐针毡 |
[17:38] | What am I supposed to do with this information? | 你现在告诉了我 我该作何反应 |
[17:41] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:42] | But I need you to know why I need to see you. | 我只是想让你知道 为什么我想见你 |
[17:45] | You should’ve told me. | 你早该跟我说的 |
[17:47] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你之前为什么不告诉我 |
[17:49] | I kept meaning to say something. | 我一直想跟你说 |
[17:51] | I thought I still had time. I don’t know. | 我以为时间还有很多 我脑子乱了 |
[17:55] | I should go. There’s a lot of work to do. | 我要挂了 还有很多工作要忙 |
[17:58] | Come after work. | 下班了过来吧 |
[18:00] | I’m at the Statler. | 我在斯塔特勒酒店 |
[18:02] | I had to stay away from midtown. | 我得离市中心远点 |
[18:04] | I’ll have to see. | 到时候再说吧 |
[18:15] | I think my setup is good, | 我觉得我的创意挺不错 |
[18:17] | But Don always has these little examples at the end | 但唐会在最后加一些例子 画龙点睛 |
[18:20] | that explain to the client how big the idea is. | 让客户感受到我们的创意是多么精彩绝伦 |
[18:24] | They’re always kind of poetic. | 他的作品总是那么富有诗意 |
[18:26] | So get Don to write it. We can’t lose this. | 那就让唐来写 我们不能丢了这么大的客户 |
[18:29] | Since when do we have donuts? | 什么时候开始有甜甜圈吃了 |
[18:31] | Condemned man always gets his choice of a last meal. | 人之将死 美食相送 |
[18:34] | You know what Pete Campbell just said to me? | 你知道皮特·坎贝尔刚才对我说什么了吗 |
[18:36] | He said if anybody sends a resume out of here, | 他说要是有人敢向其它公司投简历 |
[18:37] | they’re gonna get executed. | 立刻就地开除 |
[18:39] | Fellas, we’re on an account right now. | 各位 我们手头还有个案子呢 |
[18:43] | Playtex gloves protect a woman’s hands | 倍得适手套 呵护女性玉手 |
[18:46] | so they’re soft enough to touch | 让您的双手柔软娇嫩 |
[18:49] | all the things a woman wants to touch. | 触摸你想触摸之物 |
[18:53] | All the things? | 什么都可以摸吗 |
[18:58] | The exciting things she wants to feel with her fingertips. | 一切令她亢奋 让她的指尖无法抗拒的东西 |
[19:05] | His lips. | 比如他的嘴唇 |
[19:08] | The tuft of hair on his chest. | 他丛生的胸毛 |
[19:12] | The small of his back. | 他坚实的后背 |
[19:16] | I can’t imagine Don saying that. | 我无法想象唐说出这种话会是怎样的效果 |
[19:18] | Excuse me. I have a delivery for Peggy Olson. | 打扰一下 这里有佩奇·奥尔森的包裹 |
[19:23] | What? | 什么 |
[19:23] | Are you Peggy Olson? It’s C.O.D. | 你是佩奇·奥尔森吗 这里有你的货到付款包裹 |
[19:28] | Let me get my purse. | 我去拿钱包 |
[19:31] | Go ahead without me. | 你们接着讨论 |
[19:32] | I’m gonna take care of this and then practice. | 我先办完这事 然后再来参与 |
[19:36] | Am I wrong or is she giving it off? | 是我的错觉 还是她真的春光乍泄 |
[19:39] | Well, it’s the last days of Rome. | 就像罗马帝国的末日一样 |
[19:41] | I was in an agency that went down. | 我曾经所在的那家公司倒闭之前 |
[19:43] | The women get sex-crazed. | 女人都变得如饥似渴 |
[19:46] | The energy is very good. | 真是”干”劲十足 |
[19:50] | They said they wanted to revise the media plan, | 他们说想要重新订立媒体计划 |
[19:52] | But I think what they really wanted was a budget | 我觉得他们的真实意图是想获知预算情况 |
[19:53] | to see how much of their money we haven’t spent yet. | 看看还有多少运营费用在我们手上 |
[19:56] | – Who are we talking about? – Birds-eye. | -这是在说哪个客户呢 -伯利兹 |
[19:58] | Why are we worrying about existing accounts? | 我们为什么要担心现有的客户 |
[20:00] | If anything, they’re going to get more attention. | 幸福时光一走 我们会更重视他们才对 |
[20:02] | Because they’re afraid we won’t be here. | 因为他们怕我们会倒闭 |
[20:05] | I have news from London. | 伦敦那边发来消息了 |
[20:07] | Pete, wake up. | 皮特 别睡了 |
[20:10] | Lane thinks our billings are probably | 莱恩说如果不算幸福时光 |
[20:11] | around $22 million without Lucky, | 我们的资金总额大约有2200万 |
[20:13] | but he has to look at everything in person. | 但他还得亲自核查一番 |
[20:15] | When’s he coming? | 他什么时候回来 |
[20:16] | As soon as he can. | 他说尽快 |
[20:18] | David Montgomery’s memorial is tomorrow afternoon. | 明天下午有大卫·蒙哥马利的追悼会 |
[20:21] | In case we need cheering up? | 我们难道还不够沮丧吗 |
[20:22] | The man was senior vice president of accounts at the #4 agency. | 他是美国广告代理协会客户部的高级副总裁 |
[20:27] | There’s gonna be a lot of vulnerable clients in attendance. | 届时会有许多前往吊唁的客户 |
[20:31] | – I think Roger knew him. – Sorry to interrupt. | -罗杰应该认识他 -不好意思打断一下 |
[20:34] | – It’s Al Weaver from glo-coat. – What does he want? | -彩衣地板蜡的阿尔·韦弗来电 -他有何贵干 |
[20:37] | – I don’t know. – Do you want me on the call? | -不知道 -要不要我去接电话 |
[20:39] | Didn’t you talk with him this morning? | 你今天早上不是跟他谈过了吗 |
[20:42] | No. | 不必了 |
[21:01] | – Al, how are you? – Hello, Don. | -阿尔 你好啊 -唐 你好 |
[21:03] | I’m glad I could reach you. I just wanted to let you know | 很高兴能联系到你 我只是想让你知道 |
[21:06] | we appreciate everything you’ve done for us, | 我们很感激你们为本公司所做的一切 |
[21:08] | but we’ve decided to take the account in a different direction. | 但我们决定将业务交给其他广告公司经营 |
[21:11] | All right, Al | 听着 阿尔 |
[21:12] | I want you to know it wasn’t an easy decision. | 我想告诉你 做出这样的决定也是迫不得已 |
[21:14] | – Now can I talk? – Sure. | -能让我说几句吗 -当然 |
[21:16] | I don’t think you understand what’s happened here. | 我认为你并不了解我们当前的情况 |
[21:18] | And I’m not talking about losing Lucky Strike. | 我指的不是失去幸福时光这件事 |
[21:20] | – Lucky Strike didn’t enter into it. – Really? | -我们的决定跟幸福时光没有任何关系 -是吗 |
[21:22] | So that has nothing to do with this? | 所以二者毫无关联吗 |
[21:24] | Don, it’s a simple coincidence that it happened now. | 唐 时间上的相近纯属巧合 |
[21:26] | Okay, you’re right. It is bad timing. | 好吧 你说的对 确是时运不济 |
[21:29] | How can you blame us for wanting to move on? | 我们想另择良木也无可厚非吧 |
[21:31] | Because that commercial, that little cowboy kid, | 因为那个广告 那个小牛仔 |
[21:34] | was the first successful strategy you’ve been near | 是自你赞助《小骗子麦吉与莫莉》之后 |
[21:36] | since you sponsored Fibber McGee and molly. | 第一个成功的广告战略 |
[21:38] | We won the Clio! | 我们还借此获得了克里奥奖 |
[21:39] | – You won the Clio. – With work we did for you! | -是你获了克里奥奖 -那是为你们的产品而做的 |
[21:41] | With your direction! | 你们功不可没 |
[21:42] | Believe me, we know how it looks, | 相信我 我知道那个广告很精彩 |
[21:44] | But it’s just business, plain and simple. | 但生意场上就是这样的 树倒猢狲散 |
[21:47] | I’m coming out there. We’re gonna talk about this in person. | 我马上就过来 我们得私下谈谈 |
[21:50] | I’m sorry, Don. The decision’s been made. | 很抱歉 唐 木已成舟了 |
[21:53] | I just thought you should hear it from me. | 我只是觉得我应该亲自告诉你 |
[21:55] | You know we’re gonna want another shot at this soon. | 很快你就会反过来求我们做代理的 |
[21:57] | As long as you’re around. | 那就看你们公司能不能撑得下去了 |
[21:59] | We’ll be here. Don’t worry. | 我们会屹立不倒的 用不着你操心 |
[22:01] | Good luck, Don. | 祝好运 唐 |
[22:03] | I hope we can work together again sometime. | 我希望以后还能有机会与你合作 |
[22:05] | – Okay. – Goodbye. | -好吧 -再见 |
[22:07] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[22:18] | What was that? | 刚才什么声音 |
[22:20] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[22:23] | – Do you want ice? – No, but I need a favor. | -想要冰块吗 -不要 但是我要你帮个忙 |
[22:26] | – Make sure I don’t overdo it. – Okay. | -不要让我喝多了 -好吧 |
[22:28] | How do I– um, it’s hard to tell with you. | 我怎么… 我怎么知道你有多大酒量 |
[22:32] | Stop me at three. This is one. | 在第三杯的时候阻止我 这是第一杯 |
[22:40] | The doctor says they never let the labor go past two sunsets. | 医生说分娩时间超过两天就会有危险了 |
[22:43] | What exactly is the problem? | 到底是什么问题 |
[22:45] | Apparently Trudy’s pelvis is too small | 特鲁迪的盆骨明显过小 |
[22:47] | And the baby’s shoulders can’t get through. | 宝宝的肩膀无法通过 |
[22:49] | – They should cut it out. – They don’t like to start there. | -那应该做剖腹产 -医生通常不推荐这么做 |
[22:53] | Go to the hospital. There’s nothing to do here. | 去医院吧 这儿没你什么事了 |
[22:55] | – It’s obviously what matters to you. – What? | -很明显你老婆生孩子更重要 -什么 |
[22:58] | I don’t know what the hell you said to them this morning. | 我不知道你早上对他们说了些什么 |
[23:05] | So, Joan, that puts us at what? 20 million and change? | 那么 琼 现在还有多少资产 两千万多一点吗 |
[23:09] | Are you doubting my efforts? | 你是在质疑我的努力吗 |
[23:11] | All you had to do was tell them everything was fine. | 你只需要安抚住他们 告诉他们万事大吉 |
[23:13] | You think that call’s easy to make? | 你觉得我打那通电话很容易吗 |
[23:14] | I think you’re distracted. | 我觉得你根本六神无主 |
[23:16] | Because of that, I think you scared the shit out of ’em. | 正因如此 才引起了他们的极大恐慌 |
[23:18] | Who the hell do you think you’re talking to? | 你以为你在跟谁说话呢 |
[23:42] | Don’t blow a gasket. | 千万要沉住气 |
[23:44] | He called looking for me and my secretary told him where I was. | 他打电话找我 我秘书跟他说了我在这儿 |
[23:47] | Incredible. | 难以置信 |
[23:51] | That was something else. | 那又是另外一回事了 |
[23:54] | There he is– the man of the hour. | 终于来了 准爸爸现身了 |
[23:57] | Ted. How considerate of you to stop by. | 泰德 感谢你能抽空前来 |
[23:59] | I wish the baby was here already, | 我希望宝宝已经降生了 |
[24:01] | But I’m sure everyone feels that way. | 我估计每个人都是这么想的吧 |
[24:02] | Good news is always worth waiting for. | 千金难买是佳音嘛 |
[24:04] | Well, Jeannie,remember: | 珍妮 你要知道 |
[24:06] | Don’t let your vanity get the best of you. | 别为了辈分的增长而暗自神伤 |
[24:08] | There is nothing wrong with being called grandma. | 即使儿孙满堂 你依然魅力难当 |
[24:15] | It’s a rattle. You can get it engraved. | 是一个拨浪鼓 可以找人刻上宝宝的名字 |
[24:17] | Ogilvy sent me one when my son was born. | 奥格威在我儿子出生的时候也送了一个 |
[24:19] | Thank you. What do you want, Ted? | 谢谢 你有什么事吗 泰德 |
[24:22] | No, this is about what you want. | 不 你应该考虑一下自己的未来了 |
[24:25] | I mean, you’re about to have everything the minute that baby comes. | 我是说 孩子一出生你就拥有一切了 |
[24:30] | You know your father-in-law never stops talking about you? | 你知道你岳父一直对你赞不绝口吧 |
[24:32] | He doesn’t know the half of it. | 实际上他还有很多不知道的 |
[24:34] | You’ve brought in a little business since you went out on your own | 你凭借自己一人之力 为公司带去了不少的客户 |
[24:36] | Glo-coat, Life Cereal, | 彩衣地板蜡 新生活燕麦片 |
[24:38] | Sugarberry Hams, Vick Chemical obviously, | 舒格伯里火腿 很明显 还有维克制药 |
[24:40] | Mountain Dew, Fillmore auto, Birds-eye, Ponds? | 激浪 菲尔莫尔 伯利兹 旁氏 |
[24:43] | I didn’t do all that by myself. | 这些可不是靠我一人之力实现的 |
[24:45] | Pete, as far as I’m concerned, you’re what’s missing from C.G.C. | 皮特 在我看来 C.G.C正缺你这样的人才 |
[24:49] | Jim Cutler’s due to retire. | 吉姆·卡特勒退休在即 |
[24:51] | “Campbell, Gleason & Chaough”? | 新的C.G.C公司 |
[24:54] | Has a nice ring to it. | 读起来朗朗上口 |
[24:56] | Wouldn’t you want your name first? | 你不想你的名字排第一个吗 |
[24:58] | I’m open to it if we’re having that discussion. | 这个可以再商议 完全无所谓的 |
[25:01] | You’ll have a full voting third. | 你会拥有三分之一的表决权 |
[25:03] | I’m not Don. | 我可不是唐 |
[25:05] | It’s not the wild west. | C.G.C也不是西部蛮荒之地 |
[25:07] | We just got Alfa Romeo– little Italian sports car. | 我们跟阿尔法罗密欧合作了 一种小型意大利跑车 |
[25:10] | I don’t know if you’ve heard of it, | 不知道你是否听说过 |
[25:12] | but I think you’ll really enjoy driving one. | 但你肯定会期待开一辆的 |
[25:14] | – I don’t drive. – I’ll teach you. | -我不会开车 -我会教你的 |
[25:16] | Tom, Jeannie, my offer still stands. | 汤姆 珍妮 我说话算话 |
[25:19] | If you want a hotel room, I can get you one across the street. | 你们要订房的话 我可以到街对面弄一间 |
[25:37] | Roger. I let you come over | 罗杰 我让你来 |
[25:39] | because you said you needed to talk. We can talk. | 是因为你说你有话要说 现在说吧 |
[25:42] | – Joanie, I need you. – Stop it, | -琼妮 我需要你 -住手 |
[25:45] | or we can talk on the phone. | 否则我们还是继续在电话里谈吧 |
[25:48] | Is that what you sleep in now? | 你现在就住在这里 |
[25:53] | What do you want? I’m exhausted! | 你到底想要什么 我已经心力交瘁了 |
[25:56] | I waited for you at the hotel. | 我一直在酒店等你 |
[25:58] | – Why didn’t you come? Are you mad at me? – No. | -为什么没来 生我的气了吗 -没有 |
[26:00] | Roger, I can’t do this anymore. | 罗杰 我不能再这样下去了 |
[26:04] | You always say that. | 这话你不是第一次说了 |
[26:06] | Then you come back to me | 但你最后还是回到我身边 |
[26:07] | – because we belong together. – Don’t do that. | -因为我们无法分离 -别这样 |
[26:10] | I need you right now. | 我现在需要你 |
[26:12] | Because I’m a port in a storm? | 只因我是个避风港吗 |
[26:14] | No. Because I feel like shit | 不是 因为我心情很不好 |
[26:16] | and you care about me. | 而且我知道你关心我 |
[26:18] | I’m not a solution to your problems. | 但我无法解决你的难题 |
[26:21] | I’m another problem. | 我也是你的难题 |
[26:23] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[26:25] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我不能再继续这样了 |
[26:27] | You’ll change your mind. You’ll see. | 你会改变主意的 你会明白的 |
[26:30] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:33] | I just can’t do this anymore. | 真不能再继续了 |
[26:38] | So what are you trying to say? | 你到底想跟我说什么 |
[26:39] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[27:22] | So that night we got mugged, | 我们被抢的那晚 |
[27:24] | that was the last time? | 是最后的温柔吗 |
[27:30] | Wish I’d known that. | 我早明白过来就好了 |
[27:54] | God, I’d think this place would be packed still. | 老天 我以为公司还如往常般忙碌呢 |
[27:58] | It’s 8:00. | 都8点了 |
[27:59] | There’s only so much we can pretend like we’re doing. | 而且目前只有这点儿事情可做 |
[28:07] | – Are you okay? – You want something? | -你没事吧 -喝点什么吗 |
[28:11] | I’d rather eat, but that’s me. | 我更想”吃”点东西 不知你意下如何 |
[28:14] | I’m one over for the day. | 随时恭候 |
[28:21] | See that? | 瞧 |
[28:23] | I kissed you and it got quiet. | 我吻了你之后 就安静了 |
[28:26] | – How’d it go? – It was… | -情况如何 -有点… |
[28:32] | miserable. | 悲惨 |
[28:34] | Clients are running scared. | 客户四散而去 |
[28:36] | I’m used to having my ideas rejected, not me. | 创意被否决 我倒是习惯了 可我无法忍受自己也被否决 |
[28:40] | How do you do it? | 你怎么样呢 |
[28:43] | My job is to present facts. | 我的工作就是呈现事实 |
[28:46] | If they’re unhappy with the agency, it’s not my problem. | 要是客户对广告公司不满意 那可不是我的错 |
[28:52] | Who’s unhappy? | 谁不满意 |
[28:54] | Come on. Clients are always unhappy. | 拜托 客户向来都难得称心如意 |
[29:00] | Like who? | 比如呢 |
[29:04] | – Are you kidding? – No. | -你说笑吧 -没有 |
[29:06] | Why? I’m drowning here. | 不行吗 我这边正在做垂死挣扎呢 |
[29:09] | You know I can’t do that. | 你知道我不能那样做 |
[29:10] | If a client is unhappy, they’re unhappy. | 如果客户不满意 那就是无法改变的事实 |
[29:12] | There’s nothing against telling them to have dinner with me. | 你帮我约他们吃饭 有何不可 |
[29:15] | If you don’t want to, tell me who they are. | 如果你不愿意当中间人 告诉我他们是谁就行 |
[29:16] | I’ll call’em out of the blue. | 我可以亲自约他们 |
[29:18] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那样做 |
[29:19] | Sure you can. Who’ll know? | 有何不可 谁会知道啊 |
[29:22] | The standard of ethics in this business is low enough. | 广告行业的道德底线已经够低了 |
[29:25] | God knows I’ve done some things I’m not proud of, | 我当然也曾做过一些不光彩的事 |
[29:27] | but those other agencies pay me. | 但那些公司雇我效力 我不能背叛他们 |
[29:29] | What about protecting the clients? | 但你这样做对客户来说是有利的 |
[29:31] | So I’m gonna kill my business to save yours? | 我要牺牲我的业务 来帮你走出困境吗 |
[29:34] | It’s not your business. It’s Atherton’s. This is different. | 那不是你的业务 是阿瑟顿的 不一样 |
[29:36] | – This is everything to me. – I don’t believe this. | -我只能孤注一掷了 -难以置信 |
[29:40] | You want a shoulder to cry on, fine. | 你要一个肩膀寻求安慰 没问题 |
[29:42] | You want to throw me to the wolves so you can save your neck,forget it. | 可你为求自保 就把我往火坑里推 没门 |
[29:45] | I would do it for you. | 如果你我位置互换 我会为你这么做的 |
[29:46] | I would never ask. | 我根本不会向你开口 |
[29:47] | I would never use you like that. | 我绝不会像那样利用你 |
[29:49] | Because I know the difference | 因为我知道 |
[29:50] | between what we have and this stupid office. | 私人感情和职业道德是不能混淆一谈的 |
[30:07] | Mr. Cosgrove says Playtex just left the hotel. | 科斯格罗夫先生说倍得适的人刚从宾馆出发 |
[30:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:12] | God, I’m so nervous. | 天呐 我太紧张了 |
[30:15] | You need to relax. | 你得放松一下 |
[30:17] | I can’t do this drunk. | 喝醉了还怎么做展示 |
[30:20] | I know a technique | 我知道一个妙招 |
[30:22] | that can really take the nerves away. | 可以消除紧张 |
[30:26] | I learned it from a Yogi. | 我跟一个瑜伽行者学的 |
[30:34] | – Show me. – Close your eyes. | -来吧 -闭上双眼 |
[30:36] | Take a deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[30:39] | Fill your lungs until you can’t anymore. | 用尽全力 吸气 |
[30:43] | Stick out your stomach. | 腹部向前倾 |
[30:45] | Now release it in a cool stream right in my face. | 现在放松 朝着我呼一口气 |
[30:50] | Hey! What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[30:52] | You said you wanted to relax, so… | 你说你想放松啊 那么 |
[30:56] | – Let’s relax. – Stan, no. | -我们一起放松啊 -斯坦 住手 |
[30:58] | Oh, come on. You’re so horny I can smell it on your breath. | 得了吧 我知道你欲火难耐 面带春容 |
[31:01] | Stan, knock it off. | 斯坦 住手 |
[31:02] | Hey, I saw you with the delivery boy yesterday. | 我昨天看见你跟那个送货员打得火热呢 |
[31:05] | What? He’s my boyfriend. | 什么 他是我男朋友 |
[31:07] | Oh, come on, baby. It’s the end of the world. | 拜托 小宝贝 来一场世界末日的激情大战吧 |
[31:14] | Why do you keep making me reject you? | 为什么你非要逼我讨厌你 |
[31:19] | I was trying to do you a favor. | 我只是想帮你个忙 |
[31:21] | Well, thank you. I’m not anxious anymore. | 是吗 多谢 我一点都不紧张了 |
[31:41] | – Should I get the door? – No. It didn’t get any worse. | -要关上门说吗 -没必要 情况糟糕透顶了 |
[31:45] | What exactly did he say? | 他究竟怎么说的 |
[31:47] | He said they were terrified about | 他说他们非常惶恐 |
[31:48] | the British banning cigarette ADs from TV | 因为英国禁止在电视上播出香烟广告 |
[31:50] | and they need to cut costs. | 而且他们需要减少开支 |
[31:52] | Maybe it’s a good time to get out of this business. | 或许现在放弃幸福时光正是最佳时机 |
[31:55] | That’s crap. Sales were up 10%. | 荒谬 他们的销售额上涨了10% |
[31:58] | You do what you can do. | 有本事你来啊 |
[32:02] | David Montgomery’s memorial is in 40 minutes | 大卫·蒙哥马利的追悼会四十分钟后 |
[32:04] | – at the River Club. – David Montgomery died? | -在清河殡仪馆举行 -大卫·蒙哥马利死了吗 |
[32:07] | Well, there’s your silver lining. | 这就是你们所谓的一线生机吗 |
[32:10] | Who the hell wants to go to that? | 哪有客户愿意去啊 |
[32:11] | We’re trying to get new accounts. | 我们试图去那儿结识新客户 |
[32:13] | – Remember how to do that? – You wanna dogpile on me? | -你还记得怎么找吧 -要我去跑腿 |
[32:15] | Saving that account was impossible. | 留住那个客户是不可能的 |
[32:17] | Because you ignored it! | 因为你疏忽了 |
[32:18] | One dam account and you ignored it. | 你就负责一个客户 你却疏忽了 |
[32:21] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你知不知道你在说什么 |
[32:22] | Pete, explain it to him. | 皮特 你跟他解释一下 |
[32:23] | You squeezed me off of it, Roger. | 你叫我别插手的 罗杰 |
[32:24] | You wanted it all to yourself. | 你要一个人干 |
[32:26] | He would have never let this happen. | 如果他插手 这一切都不会发生 |
[32:28] | But you do what you can do which is nothing. | 你有对策你就全力补救啊 可你毫无作为 |
[32:30] | Hey. You’re the one who dragged me into your amateur hour. | 嘿 是你拉我建立新公司 造成这一堆烂摊子的 |
[32:33] | I was perfectly happy where I was. | 在旧公司我原本过得十分惬意 |
[32:35] | Why did I do it? Out of friendship. | 我这么做是何苦呢 为了我们的友谊啊 |
[32:38] | But now that the account’s gone, I guess that went with it. | 既然客户都走了 友谊也没了 |
[32:40] | Get out of here, all of you. Go chase a hearse. | 出去 都出去 去送葬去吧 |
[32:43] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰 |
[32:45] | Mr. Campbell, your father-in-law called. | 坎贝尔先生 您岳父来电话了 |
[32:47] | Your wife and your daughter are resting comfortably. | 母女平安 正在做产后休养 |
[32:49] | Oh. Just now? | 刚刚吗 |
[32:51] | Yes, it happened. You’ve got a baby girl. | 是的 已经出生了 是个千金 |
[32:55] | – Congratulations. – Good job. | -恭喜 -不错啊 |
[32:58] | Thank you, Megan. | 谢谢 梅根 |
[33:01] | Okay, we should get going. | 好了 我们该走了 |
[33:05] | Let me get my coat. | 我去拿外套 |
[33:13] | Where does Draper get off? | 德雷柏要去哪 |
[33:16] | Lee Garner Jr. Never took you seriously | 小李·加勒从来没把你当回事 |
[33:19] | because you never took yourself seriously. | 因为你从来没把自己当一回事 |
[33:32] | – Are you ready? – Mmm. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[33:35] | No hard feelings? | 不紧张了吧 |
[33:38] | None at all. | 轻松自如 |
[33:41] | Everything good? | 我状态还好吧 |
[33:44] | Absolutely. | 很好 |
[33:46] | And so I think about that night– | 遥想当晚 |
[33:49] | Staring out the window of that Detroit hotel room, | 在底特律宾馆的房间里 星光在窗外闪烁 |
[33:53] | knowing we were going home with Buick | 我们知道 别克终于成了我们的客户 |
[33:56] | and saying to David, | 我对大卫说 |
[33:59] | “Is this the best thing we’re ever going to do?” | “这是我们做的最有意义的事吧” |
[34:03] | Lynn, it was your fifth birthday. | 琳恩 那天是你五岁生日 |
[34:07] | The next day when we were in the airport, | 第二天我们在机场时 |
[34:10] | he showed me this pendant he’d bought the day before downtown. | 他拿出在市区买的吊坠给我看 |
[34:14] | As he closed the box, he said, | 他盖上首饰盒 对我说 |
[34:16] | “Crosby, that’s the best thing I’ll ever do.” | “克罗斯比 这才是我做的最有意义的事” |
[34:20] | I know it’s hard, | 我知道你很难过 |
[34:23] | But Dave loved you more than anything, sweetheart. | 但亲爱的 大卫爱你胜过一切 |
[34:27] | that’s Stu Carlsbad from Ralston Purina. | 罗斯顿普里纳公司的斯图·克罗斯比 |
[34:31] | He’s always ripe. | 他总是醉醺醺的 |
[34:32] | We have dog food experience. | 我们有狗粮广告的经验 |
[34:35] | I’ve got him. | 我去和他谈 |
[34:37] | I don’t know how prepared I am, | 我不知道我准备得够不够充分 |
[34:39] | But Dave was always a fan of winging it. | 但大卫总是喜欢临场发挥 |
[34:45] | Beth, his beautiful wife. | 贝萨 他美丽的妻子 |
[34:47] | You were there before he made partner | 在他成为合伙人之前你一直陪伴着他 |
[34:49] | And then you gave him to us, | 然后把他交给我们 |
[34:51] | But you know you and Lynnie were always on his mind. | 但你要知道 他心中永远牵挂着你和琳恩 |
[34:56] | True story. | 真实经历 |
[34:59] | We’d been in london for three months | 我们曾在伦敦呆了三个月 |
[35:00] | Trying to nail down british petroleum. | 想要搞定英国石油公司的案子 |
[35:04] | Never happened. | 但没成功 |
[35:07] | But once a week he would drag me to portobello road | 但每周他都会拉我去波特贝罗路 |
[35:10] | Looking for thimbles for your collection, Lynn. | 帮你收集顶针 |
[35:14] | Silver thimbles. | 银顶针 |
[35:17] | And he was an expert. | 他可是行家 |
[35:22] | It’s because playtex is strong enough | 因为倍得适手套防护性强 |
[35:24] | to protect a woman’s hands. | 足以保护女性的手 |
[35:27] | Through her fingertips, she can dry the tears of a child | 透过指尖 她可以帮孩子拭干泪水 |
[35:30] | Or feel the warmth of her husband’s skin. | 还可以感受到丈夫皮肤的温暖 |
[35:34] | Playtex protects a woman’s touch. | 倍得适 保护女人的敏感触觉 |
[35:39] | It’s very romantic. I have to admit | 我不得不承认 这创意太浪漫了 |
[35:42] | When you first brought it up, | 你一开始提出的时候 |
[35:43] | I didn’t think that was possible for latex gloves. | 我还觉得乳胶手套不太可能实现这些功能 |
[35:46] | These images are about the moments after the housework is over. | 这些情景都是女性做完家务之后的事 |
[35:54] | They’re about the meaningful life | 关于她们有意义的生活 |
[35:58] | A woman leads when work is done. | 当做完家务 女性的情感追求 |
[36:01] | Well, I feel pretty good about this. | 我觉得这创意相当不错 |
[36:04] | Peggy, our pleasure. | 佩奇 谢谢 |
[36:06] | We’re thrilled to get this in the first try. | 我们都有点等不及看成品了 |
[36:08] | Well, I’m gonna let you get back to the hotel | 我送你们回酒店 |
[36:10] | And then steaks and a show. | 晚上吃牛排大餐 看表演 |
[36:19] | That went well. | 进行得还不错吧 |
[36:20] | You have lipstick all over your teeth. | 你牙齿上都沾满了口红 |
[36:22] | What? | 什么 |
[36:42] | Why are you still here? | 你怎么还没走 |
[36:44] | I didn’t know if I should leave or not. | 我不知道该不该先走 |
[36:46] | – How was the funeral? – We’ll see. | -葬礼怎么样 -还不知道 |
[36:49] | Get me the campaign briefs on Ken’s accounts | 给我肯的客户的简报 |
[36:51] | And then you can go. | 然后你就可以走了 |
[36:53] | And send Peggy in. | 顺便叫佩奇来见我 |
[37:10] | Miss Olson’s gone for the night, | 奥尔森小姐已经走了 |
[37:12] | But if you need help– | 但如果你需要帮忙的话 |
[37:12] | Did you do that? | 这是你弄的吗 |
[37:16] | I thought in the end you wouldn’t want to throw it away. | 我觉得你其实并不忍心扔掉它 |
[37:20] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[37:22] | That commercial was great | 那个广告真的棒极了 |
[37:24] | And nothing they do can change that. | 任何事都无法改变这一事实 |
[37:26] | I’ll take those. | 拿给我吧 |
[37:32] | Thank you. You can go. | 谢谢 你可以走了 |
[37:38] | You sure you don’t want some help? | 你真的不用我帮忙吗 |
[37:41] | This is a little complicated. | 这很复杂的 |
[37:43] | That’s okay. I’d really like to learn what goes on here. | 没关系 我早就想学一下广告方面的事了 |
[37:46] | Really. | 真的吗 |
[37:48] | Well, first of all, I think it would help me | 嗯 首先我觉得 了解广告业的相关知识 |
[37:50] | From making mistakes with your work the way I have. | 可以减少我工作中的失误 |
[37:53] | And secondly, | 其次 |
[37:55] | I think I’d like eventually to do what you do | 我觉得我想尝试一下你所从事的工作 |
[37:58] | Or what miss Olson does. | 还有奥尔森小姐的工作 |
[38:02] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道你还有这个志向呢 |
[38:03] | Unless you’d rather be alone. | 除非你想一个人呆着 |
[38:04] | I don’t want to be in the way. | 我不想为您添麻烦 |
[38:07] | No. I don’t mind. | 没关系 留下来吧 |
[38:20] | This is a strategy statement signed by fillmore auto parts. | 这是菲尔莫尔汽车零部件的广告战略策划 |
[38:27] | Copywriters stray from these midstream sometimes | 有时 文案们会偏离这一主旨 |
[38:30] | If they have a better idea, | 因为他们觉得自己的创意更佳 |
[38:31] | But we can’t take that chance now. | 但现在 我们不能冒这个险 |
[38:35] | Wouldn’t clients want a better idea? | 难道客户不想要更好的创意吗 |
[38:40] | What’d you like about the commercial? | 你为何喜欢那则广告 |
[38:44] | You’re putting me on the spot. Um… | 这问题有点难回答 |
[38:47] | I know it’s a floor wax, | 我知道那只是则地板蜡广告 |
[38:49] | but I really remember that feeling of being a little kid | 但它真的勾起了我对童年的回忆 |
[38:53] | And feeling like I was being punished | 感觉那个被责罚的小孩就是我 |
[38:55] | when my mother cleaned the house. | 因为我弄脏了母亲辛苦打扫的地板 |
[38:58] | – Where are you from? – Montreal. | -你是哪里人 -蒙特利尔 |
[39:00] | We didn’t have glo-coat. | 我小时候还没有彩衣地板蜡 |
[39:02] | – Why’d you move here? – Well, first of all, it’s New York. | -为什么搬来这里 -因为这里是纽约啊 |
[39:06] | For an artist, it’s mecca. | 简直是艺术家的圣地 |
[39:08] | You’re an artist? | 你是艺术家 |
[39:09] | I wouldn’t say I’m an artist. | 不敢当 |
[39:12] | I’m an artistic person. I majored in literature | 兴趣罢了 我主修文学的 |
[39:15] | And I’ve dabbled in writing and painting | 写作和绘画也有涉足 |
[39:17] | And a little bit of acting. | 还有表演 |
[39:22] | What are you laughing about? | 你笑什么 |
[39:24] | Because I just realized | 我刚发现 |
[39:26] | I know everything about you. | 我知道你所有的事 |
[39:28] | I mean, you’re in my head all day, | 我脑子里几乎每天都是你 |
[39:30] | Even when I go home. | 即使是回家之后也这样 |
[39:31] | And you don’t know anything about me. | 可你却对我一无所知 |
[39:34] | Well, you haven’t been here that long. | 你来的时间太短了 |
[39:36] | And you don’t know how long I will be, | 你也不知道我会呆多久 |
[39:38] | So why get to know me? | 所以何必花时间了解我 |
[39:43] | I can see that’s what everybody must think. | 我估计所有秘书都是这么想的 |
[39:46] | You judge people on their work. | 你通过工作能力判断一个人 |
[39:48] | I’m the same way. | 我也一样 |
[39:52] | Everything else is sentimental. | 其他的都不重要 |
[39:57] | – You want one? – How many is that? | -你要来一杯吗 -你喝了几杯了 |
[40:05] | Four. | 四杯 |
[40:10] | I know you’re angry, but I hope you’re not afraid | 我知道你很生气 但我希望你不要害怕 |
[40:14] | Because you will get through this. | 因为你一定会渡过难关的 |
[40:18] | You don’t know that. | 谁也不敢保证 |
[40:21] | Why do you care what I think? | 你干嘛在乎我的想法 |
[40:36] | Megan, I don’t think this is a good idea. | 梅根 这样似乎不太好 |
[40:39] | This has nothing to do with work. | 这与工作无关 |
[40:49] | I can’t make any mistakes right now. | 我现在不能犯任何错误 |
[40:54] | Let’s be clear. | 先声明 |
[40:57] | I’m not gonna run out of here crying tomorrow. | 我明天不会哭着从这里跑出去的 |
[41:00] | I just want you right now. | 我现在只想要你 |
[41:24] | Hey. Where are you going? | 嘿 你要去哪儿 |
[41:28] | I’m exhausted. | 我很累了 |
[41:33] | How was your day? | 今天怎么样 |
[41:36] | Fine. | 还可以 |
[41:37] | I know how to make it better. | 我知道怎么能让你高兴一点 |
[41:39] | I’m really tired. | 我真的很累了 |
[41:42] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[41:55] | What’d you buy? | 你买了什么 |
[41:59] | Look. | 自己看 |
[42:07] | Look at it. | 看看 |
[42:17] | Sign it. | 帮我签个名 |
[42:36] | “To my loving wife.” | 献给我挚爱的妻子 |
[42:54] | I’m so proud of you. | 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[43:15] | You should go first. Actually, I should go first. | 你先走吧 算了 还是我先走 |
[43:27] | Do you want to grab a bite? | 你想去吃点什么吗 |
[43:30] | I want you to go home | 我想你回家 |
[43:32] | And I want you to sleep. | 今晚不要再喝酒了 |
[43:34] | And I don’t want you drinking any more tonight. | 然后好好睡一觉 |
[43:50] | Wait. Did you want to go first? | 等下 你要先走吗 |
[43:54] | Good night, Mr. Draper. | 晚安 德雷柏先生 |
[44:10] | Didn’t expect to see you here. | 你怎么来了 |
[44:14] | I was gonna call, | 我本来想先打电话的 |
[44:15] | But I didn’t want to do this over the phone. | 但我不想在电话里说 |
[44:18] | So you were gonna write it on an envelope. | 所以你就写了封信吗 |
[44:21] | Can I come inside? | 我能进去吗 |
[44:47] | I got you a meeting with Heinz. | 我安排了你和亨氏食品的人见面 |
[44:51] | It’s vinegar, sauces and beans. | 他们主要做醋 酱油还有豆类 |
[44:54] | They’re at Ketchum Macleod and they’re restless. | 他们现在是凯麦公司的客户 但他们不是很满意 |
[45:00] | – Faye. – I thought about what you said, | -菲娅 -我将你说的话又思考了一遍 |
[45:03] | I thought about you… | 我想到你 |
[45:06] | And I thought about– whatever. You are my life right now. | 想到了太多的东西 现在你就是我的全部 |
[45:12] | You didn’t have to do this. | 你不必这么做的 |
[45:17] | I wanted to. | 我心甘情愿的 |
[45:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:36] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[45:40] | Do you wanna stay? | 你要留下来吗 |
[45:44] | I’ll probably fall asleep on you. | 我可能会在你身上睡过去 |
[46:01] | Just sit with me. | 陪我坐会儿就好 |