时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | First I want to assure you | 首先我向你保证 |
[00:41] | that no one at my agency knows about this meeting. | 公司里没人知道我们这次会面 |
[00:44] | – I appreciate that. – I’m here to help. | -有劳你费心了 -我来这儿就是为你排忧的 |
[00:47] | I have my own thoughts, | 我有一些想法 |
[00:48] | but how would you describe your… | 但是你有何… |
[00:53] | well, your current frustrations? | …眼下之忧 |
[00:56] | During the war, Heinz was all about beans, | 在战争期间 豆制品是亨氏的主打产品 |
[01:00] | but now, obviously, ketchup is king. | 但是现在 明显番茄酱成了主打 |
[01:02] | I’m happy for the company, | 我为公司感到高兴 |
[01:03] | but I’m afraid we’ve become the fading older sister. | 但是我担心我们成了明日黄花 |
[01:07] | So ketchup, chili sauce and soup | 总的来说 番茄酱 辣椒酱和汤的广告 |
[01:10] | end up over at D.D.B. | 交给了恒美广告公司来做 |
[01:12] | And vinegar, sauces and beans end up at Ketchum MacLeod. | 醋 酱汁和豆制品广告则交给了凯麦广告公司 |
[01:14] | I don’t know why I’m disappointed, | 我不知道我为何如此失望 |
[01:16] | I asked for straightforward. | 我要求他们有所长进 |
[01:18] | I just thought they would talk me out of it. | 我以为他们能让我满意 消除我的担忧 |
[01:21] | They obviously don’t know what kind of client you are. | 他们明显不了解你是哪类用户 |
[01:23] | Well, I’ve been working a long time. | 我在商场上已经摸爬滚打很多年了 |
[01:27] | I know that despite the public’s imagination, | 我明白不管消费者怎么想 |
[01:30] | food is cyclical. I don’t mean seasonal. | 食品是有周期的 我指的不是季节周期 |
[01:33] | But I mean literally there’s a time for beans | 我的意思是 某些时间段豆制品很畅销 |
[01:36] | and there’s a time for ketchup. | 另一些时间段 番茄酱则成了宠儿 |
[01:37] | But I don’t have that time, | 但是我没有时间去等 |
[01:40] | so I want to force the issue… | 所以我想扭转销售周期 |
[01:42] | You know, something inventive. | 你知道的 利用创意的火花 |
[01:44] | Humor worked with pickles, | 将幽默手法用于泡菜广告大获成功 |
[01:46] | but pickles are funny. | 确立了泡菜的滑稽形象 |
[01:47] | The way beans are funny, we can’t use that. | 但我们不能依法炮制豆制品的广告 |
[01:49] | We have to fight it, actually. | 实际上 豆类广告应该杜绝这种幽默 |
[01:51] | Well, it’s very possible | 很有可能 |
[01:53] | that Heinz beans don’t need to be funny, | 亨氏的豆制品不需要滑稽的形象 |
[01:56] | because they’re a food, not a condiment. | 因为大豆是食品 不是调味品 |
[01:58] | – They’re substantial. – You know, | -是一种实实在在的物质 -你知道的 |
[02:00] | I’d love to have that conversation. | 我也想继续和你谈下去 |
[02:02] | and the reason I agreed to meet with you is | 我之所以答应和你见面 |
[02:04] | because I hoped it would spark something, | 是因为我希望得到一些灵感 |
[02:05] | and maybe six to eight months | 或许6到8个月以后 |
[02:07] | from now you can call me with a humdinger. | 你可以为我带来一个绝佳的创意 |
[02:10] | How about six days? | 给我6天怎么样 |
[02:12] | No. No, this is my point. | 不 不 问题的关键在于 |
[02:14] | I want to move, but there’s a lot that goes with it. | 我也想做出改变 但是要牵扯的东西太多了 |
[02:18] | There’s a breaking-in period… that’s months. | 各方的磨合期 可能要几个月 |
[02:20] | – That’s true but… – I’m sorry to be so blunt, | -这样说没错 但是 -恕我直言 |
[02:23] | but I don’t know that your company will be here in six months. | 但我不知道你们公司6个月以后还在不在 |
[02:28] | I do. | 我保证还在 |
[02:30] | That’s what I’m hoping. | 真如此则甚好 |
[02:32] | That’s why my answer is not “No,” | 所以我没有一口拒绝与你的合作 |
[02:35] | It’s just “Not now.” | 只是现在谈合作 为时尚早 |
[02:37] | So where’s the harm in coming in and hearing some ideas? | 那么你来听听我们的创意也不碍事吧 |
[02:41] | Because I can’t afford to move my business | 因为我不能冒险让自己的公司 |
[02:44] | A third time in two years. I just can’t. | 在两年内换三次广告代理商 真的不能 |
[02:47] | – I see. – So that’s where we are. | -我懂了 -那么今天到此为止 |
[02:52] | Hold on. | 请留步 |
[02:54] | Raymond, I will have an exciting idea. | 雷曼德 我会想出有创意的点子 |
[02:56] | I happen to know that. | 这点我很清楚 |
[02:59] | Would a discounted commission | 如果我们给你一些折扣 |
[03:01] | make up for the break-in period? | 会有助于你们度过磨合期吗 |
[03:04] | I bet I could get a date with your mother right now. | 我虽年迈 但魅力不减 约到你母亲不成问题 |
[03:08] | Well, you can see why I don’t want to let this go. | 你应该明白 我不能轻易放弃你这样的客户 |
[03:11] | Look, Don, you’re a hell of an idea man, | 听着 唐 你是创意大师 |
[03:14] | But let the account boys do this part. | 这种事 应该让客户部的人来做 |
[03:19] | I wish you the best of luck. | 祝你一切顺利 |
[03:21] | Thank you. It was really great to meet you. | 谢谢 很高兴与您会面 |
[03:32] | Excuse me, waiter. | 服务员 请过来一下 |
[03:34] | Sally, Bobby! | 萨丽 博比 |
[03:49] | You’re filthy. | 先去洗手 |
[03:54] | Can I take it away from him? | 我能把他的勺子拿掉吗 |
[03:56] | The spoon or the screaming… take your pick. | 听他敲还是听他哭闹 你看着办吧 |
[04:01] | I want two hot dogs. | 我要两个热狗 |
[04:02] | Your eyes are bigger than your stomach. | 别贪心 能吃多少吃多少 |
[04:04] | How come we never eat with Henry? | 我们怎么从来没和亨利一起吃过饭 |
[04:06] | First of all, he works until late | 首先 他工作到很晚 |
[04:08] | and you’re always saying “I’m hungry.” | 而且你们一直闹肚子饿 |
[04:10] | Second of all, you don’t eat the same food. | 其次 你们吃的东西也不一样 |
[04:11] | I’ll try new food. | 我可以尝试点新的食物 |
[04:14] | Would you like to eat with Henry? | 你想和亨利一起吃饭吗 |
[04:16] | Why don’t Bobby and Gene eat first | 我们可以让博比和吉恩先吃 |
[04:18] | and I’ll wait to eat with you and Henry? | 然后我等着你和亨利一起吃 |
[04:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:23] | Let me think about it. | 让我考虑下 |
[04:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:28] | You’re paying me to assess your situation, | 你们雇我来评估你们现在的经营状况 |
[04:32] | but I could’ve told you from three blocks away | 但是我可以清楚明白地告诉你们 |
[04:35] | that signing new business… no matter what the size… | 签下新客户 不管大小 |
[04:37] | is of the essence. | 才是你们的当务之急 |
[04:39] | Not only because your billings have shrunk by 50%, | 不仅仅因为你们的代理额锐减了50% |
[04:43] | but because there’s not much time before you’ll be perceived | 而是因为再过不久 你们就会被外界认为是 |
[04:45] | as stagnant… | 停滞不前了 |
[04:47] | Worse, decaying. | 甚至 是在衰退 |
[04:49] | Listen, doctor, we know there’s a black spot on the X-ray. | 听着 博士 我们都很清楚公司目前的困难之处 |
[04:52] | You don’t have to keep tapping your finger on it. | 你也不必一直戳我们的痛处吧 |
[04:54] | I recommend that you do what you do best… | 我建议你们做你们最擅长做的广告 |
[04:57] | Cigarettes. You understand the F.T.C. | 香烟广告 你们了解联邦贸易委员会的规矩 |
[05:00] | You understand the surgeon general. | 也深知卫生局的行事风格 |
[05:02] | You have a team in place | 你们有现成的团队 |
[05:04] | with account management and media expertise | 精通客户管理以及媒体策划 |
[05:07] | which is up and running. | 这些都运作正常 |
[05:08] | And, of course, you have Don. | 当然 你们还有唐 |
[05:11] | You are a certain kind of girl, | 你们好比这样一种女子 |
[05:13] | and tobacco is your ideal boyfriend. | 烟草是你们的理想男友 |
[05:19] | Can you get us a date? | 那您可以当回月老吗 |
[05:22] | Philip Morris is introducing a new brand for young women, | 菲利普·莫里斯公司正准备生产一款年轻女士专用香烟 |
[05:24] | hoping to have it on the market in 18 months, | 希望18个月之后将其推向市场 |
[05:27] | And they’d like a new agency on it from the ground floor. | 他们希望能有一家新广告公司全权代理 |
[05:30] | – How much is it? – Close to $5 million. | -生意额有多大 -接近500万 |
[05:34] | It’s a start. | 东山再起的大好机会 |
[05:35] | Wonderful. | 很好 |
[05:36] | And what stage of the process has your influence bought us? | 那么您的影响力会为我们带来怎样的好处 |
[05:39] | A meeting. | 与他们会晤的机会 |
[05:41] | No one else has one. | 其他公司做梦也没有这样的好事儿 |
[05:44] | We will listen more than we will speak. | 那我们就悉听尊便 |
[05:47] | Like a good girlfriend. | 这才是模范女友 |
[05:50] | – Sounds great. – I concur. | -听起来不错 -我同意 |
[05:56] | All I’m saying is we should | 我认为我们应该 |
[05:57] | be going after something as big as what we had. | 追寻像以前那样的大资客户 |
[05:59] | It’d cost a fortune to pursue | 冒进是要付出代价的 |
[06:01] | when one is in review. | 我们还处在恢复期 |
[06:02] | They’re impossible to pry away. | 有些事情只能慢慢面对 |
[06:04] | Our day-to-day payroll will be beyond us by the next billing cycle. | 我们在下个结算期就付不起工资了 |
[06:09] | We should start thinking about reducing staff | 我们该开始考虑裁员了 |
[06:11] | And subletting the square footage. | 还有 把办公场地租一些出去 |
[06:13] | Why even have an office? | 我们还要办公室干嘛 |
[06:14] | Why don’t we just work out of a cab? | 干脆在出租车上办公算了 |
[06:17] | And where does that leave me? | 那我该怎么办 |
[06:18] | Trying to get my calls returned | 靠赛可通便剂的购买力 |
[06:20] | with all the buying power of Secor Laxative? | 决定我到底能不能收到那些人的回电吗 |
[06:22] | We gave him Don and a finder’s fee. | 我们付他中间人佣金 还让唐供他差遣 |
[06:24] | He should’ve aimed higher. | 他应该找个更大的客户才对 |
[06:26] | I just left Geyer for this. | 我离开盖尔广告公司投奔到这儿 |
[06:27] | Do you think those clients are in love with me? | 你们以为我手上那些客户非我不要吗 |
[06:29] | I’m getting married in October! | 我10月就要结婚了 |
[06:31] | It’s gonna be “Barefoot in the park.” | 我感觉就像《赤足佳偶》里的情形 |
[06:32] | These things go in streaks. | 事情正往好的方向发展 |
[06:34] | And Don Draper with a cigarette company? | 让唐·德雷柏负责烟草公司的广告 |
[06:36] | We get this vote of confidence and we move from there. | 一定会获取他们的信任 然后我们趁势崛起 |
[06:39] | Marlboro was their women’s cigarette. | 之前他们已经推出万宝路作为女士香烟品牌了 |
[06:43] | Well, they certainly ran away from that in the right direction. | 很显然 他们有意避开了品牌的相似性 |
[06:47] | You know, beans, vinegars and sauces was very impressed. | 你知道亨氏那边对你赞赏有加 |
[06:53] | Thank you for that, | 谢谢你为我安排的会面 |
[06:55] | but thank you much more for this. | 但我要更加感谢你为我做这个 |
[06:57] | This is what I was hoping for. | 这正是我想要的 |
[06:58] | Good. Geoff’s excited. | 很好 杰夫很高兴 |
[07:02] | Study up. | 你钻研钻研吧 |
[07:09] | I have dinner plans but call me tonight, | 我晚餐已有约 但还是希望你打电话给我 |
[07:13] | Even if it’s just to work. | 哪怕只是谈谈工作也好 |
[07:20] | It’s a summer practice helmet. It’s not as good. | 这是夏季训练用头盔 没有那么好 |
[07:23] | It smells. | 闻起来臭烘烘的 |
[07:27] | Well, you’re there all the time. | 你好像总是要去那儿 |
[07:29] | – What do you talk about? – Didn’t you go? | -你们都谈些什么 -你不是也去过吗 |
[07:32] | Yeah, but psychiatrists are easy to fool. | 是啊 不过心理医生都很好糊弄 |
[07:34] | Dr. Edna’s smart. | 艾德娜医生很聪明 |
[07:36] | She tell you to kiss your mom’s ass? | 她是不是让你刻意讨好你妈妈 |
[07:38] | No. | 没有 |
[07:40] | So who’s smarter, me or her? | 那么我跟她比 谁更聪明 |
[07:46] | You want one? | 要来一根吗 |
[07:47] | No. | 不 |
[07:52] | Do you talk to your mom about me? | 你跟你妈提起过我吗 |
[07:55] | I did and I don’t anymore. | 提起过 但现在不提了 |
[07:59] | She doesn’t like me. | 她不喜欢我 |
[08:01] | She thinks… she doesn’t like kids. | 她觉得…她不喜欢小孩 |
[08:04] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[08:07] | You’re the one who’s always saying how mean she is. | 你也老是说她脾气坏得要死 |
[08:09] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[08:19] | – I’ve gotta go. – Okay. | -我要走了 -好吧 |
[08:23] | See you later, alligator. | 再见 小美女 |
[08:31] | Don. | 唐 |
[08:38] | Midge. | 米琪 |
[08:47] | I just came out from a meeting | 我刚开完会 |
[08:49] | At a magazine related to time life | 关于时代生活系列杂志的 |
[08:51] | And I saw this dashing figure. | 然后就看到了你匆忙的身影 |
[08:54] | Where are you going with so much purpose? | 这么急着要去哪里呀 |
[08:57] | Home. You look good. | 回家 你气色不错 |
[09:00] | I’m skinny. Starving artist. | 我都瘦的皮包骨头了 食不果腹的艺术家啊 |
[09:04] | – Did you move here? – Yes. | -你搬到这里来了吗 -对 |
[09:06] | Well, I have my own firm now. | 我有自己的公司了 |
[09:10] | Ooh. Draper, Draper & Draper? | 哦 德雷柏&德雷柏&德雷柏公司吗 |
[09:12] | Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. | 是斯库德普广告公司 |
[09:14] | Well, it sounds impressive. | 听上去挺了不起的 |
[09:17] | There are good days and bad days like anything else. | 终究逃不过潮涨潮落 盛衰起伏的宿命 |
[09:20] | So you wouldn’t happen to need any freelance artists, would you? | 你们应该不会碰巧需要一个自由画家吧 |
[09:23] | I wish I could help right now. | 我非常希望可以帮到你 |
[09:25] | Maybe in six months. | 但要6个月后才能见分晓 |
[09:27] | You can use me as a reference. | 我可以做你的推荐人 |
[09:29] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:33] | I thought I would’ve run into you in the village. | 我以为我若再次遇见你 肯定会是在乡村 |
[09:36] | I’m always expecting to see you in the park. | 我一直很期待和你在公园见面 |
[09:38] | What are you doing in the village? | 你去乡下能做什么呢 |
[09:41] | Admiring the wildlife? | 欣赏野生动植物吗 |
[09:44] | I live there, on Waverly. | 我住在那儿 在韦弗利 |
[09:49] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:51] | So what’s the rush to go home? | 那干嘛这么急着回家 |
[09:55] | Come over. | 去我家坐坐吧 |
[09:58] | I have a big meeting tomorrow. Maybe some other time. | 我明天有个很重要的会议 下次吧 |
[10:01] | Not even to meet my husband? | 连见见我丈夫也不想吗 |
[10:05] | – Really? – Well, it’s not romantic. | -你结婚了? -与爱情无关 |
[10:08] | We just got married for the bread. | 只是生活所迫罢了 |
[10:11] | We’ll eat. You’ll buy a painting. | 等下一起吃饭 你可以买张画 |
[10:15] | I’ll cheer you up. | 然后我来让你”高兴”一下 |
[10:20] | Look, I lost my purse. | 我的钱包丢了 |
[10:21] | At least give me a ride downtown. | 至少送我到市中心吧 |
[10:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:31] | I told her I brushed my teeth, | 我告诉她我刷过牙了 |
[10:34] | but she said I still smelled like spaghetti. | 但她非说我嘴里满是意大利面味 |
[10:36] | And what did you do? | 然后你怎么做的 |
[10:37] | I brushed my teeth again. | 我又刷了一遍 |
[10:40] | And what did she do? | 然后她呢 |
[10:42] | She doesn’t care what the truth is | 她根本不在意事实怎么样 |
[10:44] | As long as I do what she says. | 只要我照她说的做 她就满意了 |
[10:47] | Got any sevens? | 有7吗 |
[10:48] | Nope. Go fish. | 没有 钓鱼 |
[10:53] | – I hate sevens. – Why? | -我讨厌7 -为什么 |
[10:57] | I just do. | 就是讨厌 |
[11:00] | You know, I’m very proud of how you found a way to behave so well, | 你那样的表现 真的让我很为你骄傲 |
[11:04] | even when you get so angry at your mother sometimes. | 虽然有些时候 你还是十分生你母亲的气 |
[11:08] | It’s hard to control ourselves when we get so angry. | 生气时要自控是件很困难的事 |
[11:12] | She just doesn’t know that I’m mad. | 她完全没意识到我快气疯了 |
[11:15] | As long as you know it. | 只要你知道就好 |
[11:18] | I told you your mom acts that way because she has stresses, | 我跟你说过 你母亲这么对你是因为她压力很大 |
[11:21] | not because you’re bad | 不是因为你是个坏孩子 |
[11:22] | or that you did anything wrong. | 也不是因为你做错了什么 |
[11:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:28] | – Do you have any aces? – No, go fish. | -你有A吗 -没有 钓鱼 |
[11:34] | So now that you’re back in school, | 那么既然你已经复学了 |
[11:36] | We probably should be seeing a little less of each other… | 我们以后大概要减少见面次数 |
[11:39] | Just one day a week… | 每周只见一次… |
[11:40] | so that you can ride your bike, | 这样你就可以骑你的自行车 |
[11:43] | be with your friends | 可以和你朋友在一起 |
[11:44] | and be in the ballet recital. | 可以参加芭蕾独奏会了 |
[11:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:50] | Do you have any threes? | 你有3吗 |
[11:56] | I said I’m very proud of you. | 我刚刚说我为你感到骄傲 |
[11:58] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[12:06] | Do you have any Jacks? | 你有J吗 |
[12:15] | Perry, we have company. | 佩里 有客人来了 |
[12:19] | This is my friend Don. | 这是唐 我朋友 |
[12:20] | Perry. Nice to meet you. | 我叫佩里 幸会 |
[12:22] | – Sorry to drop in. – Oh no. | -打扰了 -不会 |
[12:23] | Why don’t you offer Don drink? | 你给唐准备点喝的吧 |
[12:25] | – Uh, sure. – Don, what are you gonna have? | -好的 -唐 你想喝点什么 |
[12:28] | I have… | 这里有… |
[12:31] | Vodka or brown. | 伏特加和布朗酒 |
[12:33] | – Whiskey’s good. – Good. | -威士忌吧 -好的 |
[12:35] | Good. I’ll get a couple of glasses. | 好 我拿几个杯子 |
[12:40] | – So you’re a playwright? – When we met, | -你是个剧作家吗 -我们刚认识时 |
[12:43] | I said he looked like Brendan Behan. | 我说他像布兰登·贝汉 |
[12:43] | [布兰登·贝汉 爱尔兰剧作家 诗人] [狄兰·托马斯 威尔士小说家 诗人] | |
[12:45] | you said Dylan Thomas. | 你说的是狄兰·托马斯 |
[12:53] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[12:55] | To welcome company. | 欢迎造访寒舍 |
[13:05] | Let me go freshen up and make sure we have toilet paper. | 我去洗漱一下 看看厕纸用完了没 |
[13:11] | So, Don, let me open your eyes for a minute. | 唐 让我带你饱饱眼福吧 |
[13:14] | Come here. | 过来 |
[13:24] | Can you believe this? | 难以置信吧 |
[13:27] | – What’s it called? – “Number four.” | -这幅画叫什么 -《四号》 |
[13:29] | The whole thing is about what she sees when she closes her eyes. | 画的是她闭上眼时看到的景象 |
[13:33] | It’s part of this thing that she’s doing. | 是她手头正在做的事的一部分景象 |
[13:34] | It’s called an afterimage. | 叫做残留影像 |
[13:35] | What’s more real? | 还有比这更真实的刻画吗 |
[13:37] | It’s nice. | 画得不错 |
[13:39] | You know, I have a price list somewhere. | 我把价格单放在哪了 |
[13:42] | Of course, you know, whatever you’re willing to pay. | 当然 你付多少都可以 |
[13:44] | I mean, I know she’d love for you to have one. | 我是说 她真的希望你能有一幅她的画 |
[13:48] | Let me think about it. | 让我考虑一下 |
[13:52] | You know, it’s not hard to see things are | 那个 你应该不难看出 |
[13:55] | a little tough around here, | 我们日子过得有些艰难 |
[13:57] | But she digs you. | 但是她喜欢你 |
[14:01] | And I could tell you | 我可以告诉你 |
[14:03] | She’d do anything if you bought one. | 如果你买了 她会为你做任何事 |
[14:07] | You’re sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[14:08] | We’re not possessive, | 我们对彼此的占有欲都不强 |
[14:10] | And you should’ve heard how | 你也应该看得出来 |
[14:12] | excited she was when she tracked you down. | 她千辛万苦找到你时 是多么开心 |
[14:14] | What? | 什么 |
[14:17] | You know, the look on her face when | 我是指她和你进来的时候 |
[14:19] | she walked in here with you. | 脸上的表情 |
[14:23] | I knew I shouldn’t have left you two alone. | 我就知道不该让你们俩呆一起的 |
[14:26] | Are you kidding? We’re getting along famously. | 你在开玩笑吗 我们相处得很好 |
[14:28] | You know what? I’m gonna get some groceries | 我去买点食材 |
[14:31] | and whip up a great meal. | 然后迅速做一顿大餐出来 |
[14:35] | Oh. Midge? | 哦 米琪 |
[14:38] | – Honey? – She lost her purse. | -亲爱的 -她钱包丢了 |
[14:41] | Oh, right. | 哦 好吧 |
[14:44] | Don, don’t. | 唐 别这样 |
[14:46] | My father owned a restaurant. | 我爸爸是餐厅老板 |
[14:48] | I can make chicken cordon bleu. | 我会做奶酪火腿鸡排 |
[14:50] | Here. How about that? | 给 够吗 |
[14:55] | $10? | 10美元? |
[14:57] | Well, okay. | 好 好吧 |
[14:59] | You two sit tight. | 你们好好坐会儿 |
[15:01] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[15:13] | – He’s very interesting. – He’s an idiot. | -他挺有意思的 -他就是个白痴 |
[15:17] | He’s just gonna go out and put that in his arm. | 他肯定拿着那钱出去过毒瘾了 |
[15:22] | And you could’ve gotten so much more from me. | 你原本可以从我身上获得更多钱的 |
[15:25] | That’s why you tracked me down | 这就是你千辛万苦找我的原因 |
[15:27] | Like James Bond. | 像詹姆斯·邦德一样 |
[15:29] | Oh God. | 哦 天哪 |
[15:32] | He’s such an idiot. | 他真是个大白痴 |
[15:38] | I just wanted you to buy a painting. | 我只是想让你买副画 |
[15:43] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[15:51] | What’s it like? | 那是种什么感觉 |
[15:55] | It’s like… | 感觉像… |
[15:58] | drinking 100 bottles of whiskey | 一边抱着100瓶威士忌畅饮 |
[16:01] | While someone licks your tits. | 一边被人舔胸 |
[16:07] | I can see it’s very good. | 想必也是畅爽销魂 |
[16:11] | He said it would help me take my mind off my work. | 他说那东西能让我忘却工作上的烦恼不顺 |
[16:15] | Turns out it’s a full-time job. | 结果 一上瘾想抽身也难了 |
[16:19] | Why don’t you stop? | 你为什么不戒了它 |
[16:23] | I know it’s bad for me, but… | 我知道那东西有害 可是… |
[16:26] | It’s heroin, Don. | 那是海洛因啊 唐 |
[16:31] | I just can’t stop. | 我克制不住 |
[16:38] | I am glad to see you, you know? | 你知道吗 我很高兴能再见到你 |
[16:57] | I… | 我 |
[16:58] | This is $300. | 这里有三百块 |
[17:03] | You know, for “number four” over there. | 你的那副作品 《四号》 我买下了 |
[17:10] | Don. | 唐 |
[17:11] | What am I gonna do with a check? | 你给我支票 真叫我为难 |
[17:29] | Here’s $120 in cash. | 这里有一百二十块现金 |
[17:47] | Do you think my work’s any good? | 你觉得我的作品还行吗 |
[17:50] | It doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[17:58] | You know, I don’t even have car fare. | 我身上连车资都没了 |
[17:59] | You can walk across the park. | 你可以步行穿过公园 |
[18:01] | Do some advertising for me. | 顺便帮我打打广告 |
[18:04] | Like a sandwich board. | 就像挂在身上的广告牌 |
[18:14] | It’s really great to see you, Don. | 真的很高兴与你再会 唐 |
[18:24] | I’m glad you haven’t changed. | 我很庆幸你还是一如既往 |
[18:34] | It was the way he slammed the car door like that. | 他关车门的方式让我很不满 |
[18:36] | It was so dismissive. | 非常傲慢无礼 |
[18:38] | It reminded me of Don, | 让我想起唐 |
[18:39] | But of course it wasn’t. | 但他当然不是唐了 |
[18:42] | When I confronted him later, | 当我事后问他 |
[18:44] | it turned out he hadn’t heard me. | 发现他其实根本没听到我的劝告 |
[18:46] | That’s what he said, anyway. | 至少他是这么解释的 |
[18:49] | Well, you learned something, didn’t you? | 你学到了点教训 不是吗 |
[18:53] | I did. | 是的 |
[18:56] | Our time is almost up, | 今天的疗程快结束了 |
[18:58] | so I thought that I should tell you that | 我想我应该跟你说 |
[19:00] | I believe Sally has made wonderful progress. | 我觉得萨丽的进步非常大 |
[19:02] | And that I’d like to reduce her sessions | 所以我决定缩短她的疗程 |
[19:05] | to once a week and see where we are. | 缩到一周一次 然后再看看情况如何 |
[19:09] | So she’s cured? | 所以她已经痊愈了吗 |
[19:12] | She’s not better. | 她并没有好转啊 |
[19:14] | She ran away. | 她之前还离家出走 |
[19:16] | And she understands what she did was wrong | 她也意识到自己的所作所为是不对的 |
[19:18] | And she’s been very responsible since. | 而且从那之后 她对自己的行为十分负责 |
[19:20] | Her life is chaotic. | 她的生活很混乱 |
[19:22] | And I’m afraid of her losing this influence. | 我担心缩减疗程 会让她情况变糟 |
[19:27] | I’ve noticed that every time you come in here, | 我注意到 每次你来这里 |
[19:30] | you have many things on your mind. | 你的思绪总是很复杂 |
[19:33] | And I feel that you should have your own time | 我觉得你也应该好好找个心理医生 |
[19:37] | where you get to say everything you want to say. | 能让你畅所欲言 说出心里话 |
[19:40] | I have a very talented colleague, | 我有个非常优秀的同事 |
[19:42] | Dr. Evelyn Shapiro, whom I can recommend. | 艾弗琳·夏皮洛医生 我可以帮你引荐 |
[19:45] | Why can’t I talk to you? | 为什么我不能找你呢 |
[19:47] | Betty, you can talk to me. | 贝蒂 你可以跟我谈 |
[19:49] | But, you know, I’m a child psychiatrist. | 但是 我只是个儿童心理医生 |
[19:54] | Well, I don’t need a psychiatrist. | 我不需要心理医生 |
[19:58] | I just… | 我只是 |
[20:01] | Obviously, I’m willing to do whatever you recommend | 我愿意做任何你推荐的事 |
[20:03] | as Sally progresses. | 只要萨丽能好转 |
[20:06] | And I would hope, | 我也希望 |
[20:09] | of course, that if she continues to make progress, | 就是呢 只要她能持续好转 |
[20:13] | that we could continue to discuss that. | 我们可以继续探讨关于我的问题 |
[20:21] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[20:24] | So I’ll keep you in the books for next month. | 所以我会帮你预约下个月的疗程 |
[20:26] | If you think so. | 如果你觉得有必要的话 |
[20:36] | Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers. | 吃葡萄不吐葡萄皮 不吃葡萄倒吐葡萄皮 |
[20:43] | Red leather, yellow leather, red leather, yellow leather. | 红凤凰 黄凤凰 红粉凤凰 粉红凤凰 |
[20:47] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我吗 |
[20:48] | I did. Did you do all the reading? | 是的 资料都看完了吗 |
[20:49] | – Yes. – If strategy comes up… | -是的 -如果市场策划部的人问起 |
[20:51] | and it usually doesn’t at this point… | 虽然通常不会在这个时候出现 |
[20:53] | What do you think they think | 你认为他们会觉得 |
[20:54] | the strength is of this product? | 这一产品的竞争优势在哪 |
[20:55] | Well, as you know, | 你自己也很清楚 |
[20:56] | it’s pointless to get women to switch from men’s brands… | 不必指望习惯了男士烟的女性能够转换口味 |
[20:59] | nobody switches. | 烟民通常都会认准某个品牌 |
[21:02] | They’re probably looking for | 他们或许只是希望 |
[21:03] | a new way to give’em out for free. | 在不损害现有品牌的情况下 为新产品搏出位 |
[21:07] | Sorry to interrupt. | 很抱歉打扰了 |
[21:08] | Mr. Draper, Dr. Atherton is on his way up, | 德雷柏先生 阿瑟顿博士就要上来了 |
[21:10] | The partners are gathering in the lobby. | 合伙人都在大厅集合 |
[21:12] | – And Dr. Miller called to say break a leg. – Thank you. | -还有 米勒博士打电话来祝您成功 -谢谢 |
[21:17] | What were you saying? | 你之前想说什么 |
[21:19] | I was saying you’re gonna do great. | 我想说 你一定会表现出众的 |
[21:38] | Morning. | 早安 |
[21:41] | I’m afraid I have some unfortunate news. | 很抱歉 我有个坏消息 |
[21:47] | They canceled the meeting. | 他们取消了会议 |
[21:49] | – Are you kidding me? – What? | -你开什么玩笑 -什么 |
[21:50] | They decided to give it to Leo Burnett. | 他们决定交给李奥贝纳广告公司去做 |
[21:53] | Burnett has Marlboro already. | 万宝路已经是李奥贝纳在做了 |
[21:54] | I thought they wanted a fresh start with this. | 我以为他们想要个全新的开始 |
[21:56] | So did I. | 我也这么以为的 |
[21:57] | They’re excited to see where you are in six months. | 他们非常希望六个月后再与你们商谈合作 |
[22:00] | Six months means never. | 六个月后就是再也没有机会的意思 |
[22:01] | They’re letting us die. | 他们是在让我们等死 |
[22:03] | I thought this was a sure thing. | 我还以为这是板上钉钉的事了 |
[22:04] | Down the road perhaps. | 或许以后吧 |
[22:07] | There’s no reason to be discouraged. | 不必因此灰心丧气 |
[22:09] | The wind is blowing ice cold out there. | 凄凄惨惨戚戚啊 |
[22:11] | We can’t even get a meeting with a damn tobacco account! | 我们连跟他妈的烟草公司会面的机会都没有 |
[22:13] | Take it inside. | 到里面谈吧 |
[22:20] | You’re an asshole, you know that? | 你知道吗 你是个混账 |
[22:34] | Mr. Crane, out. | 克雷恩先生 出去 |
[22:44] | They can’t even dignify us with an excuse? | 他们连编个理由给我们留点面子都不行吗 |
[22:46] | They don’t need an excuse. It’s because we’re desperate. | 他们不需要编理由 因为我们已经穷途末路了 |
[22:48] | They can smell it on us. We reek of it, | 他们能嗅到 我们全身上下都是死亡的气息 |
[22:51] | like some sweaty salesman knocking on his last door! | 就像大汗淋漓的推销员 上门乞求别人 |
[22:53] | Because we’re going after scraps. | 因为我们在追逐垃圾客户 |
[22:55] | What about United Airlines, General Motors? | 为什么不找联合航空 通用汽车 |
[22:57] | Do you think that’s easier? | 你觉得那会比较容易吗 |
[22:58] | Than what? You have a plan? | 不然呢 你有别的主意吗 |
[22:59] | I’m out there beating the bushes every day for anything. | 我每天在外面披荆斩棘 不放过任何机会 |
[23:01] | – You should try it. – Just out of caution, I met with the bank. | -你试试看 -提醒各位一下 我跟银行谈过了 |
[23:05] | They’ve agreed to extend our line of credit, | 他们同意延长我们的还款期限 |
[23:07] | but they would like us to post some collateral. | 但需要我们呈上一些担保物 |
[23:09] | You went to the bank? There’s a vote of confidence. | 你去了银行 真是对公司信心十足啊 |
[23:11] | $100,000 each from the senior partners | 高级合伙人 每人出10万美金 |
[23:14] | and $50,000 from Mr. Campbell and I, | 坎贝尔先生和我一人出5万 |
[23:17] | would buy us six months or so. | 可以给我们六个月的时间 |
[23:19] | Provided we make a drastic reduction in staff. | 此外 我们必须大幅度裁员 |
[23:22] | $50,000? Absolutely not. | 五万元 没门 |
[23:24] | It’s an obligation of your contract. | 你的合约上规定了这是你的义务 |
[23:27] | All we need is a bridge to cold and flu season | 我们只需要度过当前的困难时期 |
[23:28] | and Vicks will take us to the holidays. | 维克制药可以让我们柳暗花明 |
[23:30] | Sugarberry Hams will pick up. Samsonite… | 舒格伯里火腿也会跟上 新秀丽 |
[23:33] | It’s a hardship for me as well, but it’s a necessity. | 对我来说也同样困难 但这确实是必行之举 |
[23:36] | We should move. We should never have been here. | 到此为止吧 我们不该谈论这些事的 |
[23:38] | You think we look desperate now? | 你觉得我们现在看起来穷途末路了吗 |
[23:39] | Well, if you figure it out, you know where to find me… | 你们达成共识了 再来找我 |
[23:43] | For a little while anyway. | 片刻的清静也好 |
[23:50] | And then I was floating over town… | 然后我飞过城镇上空 |
[23:52] | Standing straight up, not like superman. | 直直地站着 不是像超人那样 |
[23:55] | Only it wasn’t Ossining, it was London… | 只是 当时不是在奥斯宁 是在伦敦 |
[23:58] | Like Mary Poppins. | 就像《欢乐满人间》里那样 |
[24:00] | Do you want the backwash? | 你想要最后一口吗 |
[24:08] | I fly in some of my dreams. | 有时候我也会梦到自己在飞翔 |
[24:10] | It feels like being in the ocean. | 感觉像是在大海里畅游一样 |
[24:12] | I just felt like I was going to heaven, | 我感觉像是我要上天堂了 |
[24:15] | except I don’t believe in it. | 虽然说我不信有天堂这回事 |
[24:17] | You don’t? Then what happens when you die? | 你不信吗 那你死后会怎么样呢 |
[24:20] | – Nothing? – It doesn’t really bother me, | -什么都没有吗 -我从来没为这个问题烦恼过 |
[24:23] | except for it’s forever. | 但其永恒却令我犯愁 |
[24:25] | When I think about forever, I get upset. | 只要想到永恒 我就心情不好 |
[24:29] | Like the Land O’Lakes butter. | 就像蓝多湖的黄油广告里 |
[24:30] | Has that Indian girl… sitting, holding a box. | 那个印第安女孩 坐在那 拿着一个盒子 |
[24:34] | And it has a picture of her on it, holding a box, | 盒子上的图案 就是她坐在那儿拿着一个盒子 |
[24:37] | with a picture of her on it, holding a box. | 盒子上就是她自己坐在那儿 手里拿着盒子 |
[24:39] | Have you ever noticed that? | 你发现了吗 |
[24:43] | I wish you wouldn’t have said that. | 真希望这些话你没说过 |
[24:45] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:47] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[24:49] | Yeah, I should too. | 我也得走了 |
[24:58] | I’ll save my Fritos for you. | 我会带玉米片给你吃的 |
[25:07] | – May I speak with you? – Are you busy? | -我可以跟你谈谈吗 -你在忙吗 |
[25:10] | No. Do you want one? | 不 你要来一杯吗 |
[25:12] | No. | 不用 |
[25:15] | Philip Morris set up the meeting | 菲利普·莫里斯先定下与我们的会面 |
[25:17] | then told Leo Burnett about it to leverage a sweeter deal. | 然后将之告诉李奥贝纳 以期在商谈中占到更多便宜 |
[25:20] | So they used us. | 原来是他们利用了我们 |
[25:22] | Is that supposed to make me feel better? | 我该因此感觉好受一点吗 |
[25:24] | Everyone at Burnett is already | 李奥贝纳公司的所有人 |
[25:25] | bragging about how we never even got a meeting. | 都在嘲笑说 我们连会面的机会都没有 |
[25:27] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[25:29] | I want to know why I’m being punished, | 我想知道 为什么连我也跟着倒霉 |
[25:31] | for being the only business left around here. | 全公司就剩我手上这点儿生意了 |
[25:33] | – We’re all being punished. – I don’t have that kind of money. | -我们都受到牵连了 -我没那么多钱 |
[25:37] | Pete, I’m doing everything I can. Give me a room. | 皮特 我正尽我所能力挽狂澜 别给我添乱了 |
[25:42] | Miss Olson to see you. | 奥尔森小姐想见你 |
[25:44] | Come in! | 请进 |
[25:48] | Everybody’s waiting in the conference room. | 大家都在会议室候着呢 |
[25:50] | For what? | 何事 |
[25:52] | Well, we were all gonna leave when you left, | 如果你另谋高就的话 我们也打算走人的 |
[25:54] | But you didn’t go, so what should we do? | 但是你没有离开 那我们该怎么办 |
[25:57] | – I don’t care. – What happened? | -随便吧 -出什么事了 |
[26:00] | Nothing. Absolutely nothing. | 没什么 什么事都没有 |
[26:03] | What are we gonna do? | 那我们要怎么做 |
[26:05] | Peggy, it’s not your problem. | 佩奇 不用你操心这些 |
[26:06] | I know, but I have been thinking about the company | 我知道 但是我也在思考公司的前景 |
[26:09] | And I was wondering what you thought about… | 我在想 不知你有没有想过… |
[26:12] | You know, why don’t we just change our name? | 比如 给公司换个名字不就行了 |
[26:15] | If this was a dog food, we’d change the name. | 以前做狗粮广告 我们大胆提倡客户改名 |
[26:18] | We can’t start over. We just started. | 我们没法重新来过了 我们才刚刚起步 |
[26:21] | You always say “If you don’t like what they’re saying about you, | 你常说 如果不喜欢别人对你的评价 |
[26:23] | – Change the conversation.” – to what? | -不如换个话题 -换成什么样的 |
[26:25] | What they’re saying about us is true. | 他们说的都是事实 |
[26:28] | So there’s nothing we can do? | 那我们就这样坐以待毙? |
[26:30] | Sure there is. We’re gonna sit at our desks | 当然有事做啦 我们要继续稳坐办公桌后面 |
[26:32] | And keep typing while the walls fall down around us, | 任天崩地裂 墙到房塌 也要继续创作 |
[26:34] | Because we’re creative, | 因为我们是创意人员 |
[26:36] | The least important most-important thing there is. | 排除一切干扰 潜心创作 才是创意人员的本色 |
[26:50] | You can’t slam the door like that. | 怎么能那样摔门呢 |
[26:55] | Why didn’t you call me back? | 你怎么不回我电话呀 |
[26:56] | The bank called. Something about a loan application? | 银行打电话到家里来 关于什么贷款申请 |
[27:00] | – They called here? – Yes. | -打到家里来了 -是的 |
[27:04] | You have something you want to tell me? | 你想告诉我点什么吗 |
[27:07] | It’s not important. | 没什么大事 |
[27:11] | To think you still want to surprise me | 没想到结婚五年了 |
[27:13] | after five years of marriage. | 你还想着要给我浪漫的惊喜 |
[27:17] | When can I start looking? | 我什么时候可以去看房呢 |
[27:19] | I’m so in love with Greenwich. | 我非常向往格林威治镇的住宅呢 |
[27:21] | We’re not buying a house, Trudy. | 特鲁迪 我没想买房子 |
[27:26] | The partners each need to put in a lump sum | 合伙人必须共同出资 |
[27:28] | to keep the payroll we have going, | 来保证公司的正常运作 |
[27:31] | So people don’t lose their jobs. | 以此避免大裁员 |
[27:34] | What? How much? | 什么 要多少钱 |
[27:36] | Well, it’s $50,000 | 5万美元 |
[27:39] | And we have $22,000 in the bank, | 但是我们银行账户里面只有两万二了 |
[27:40] | Not counting the baby gifts… | 不包括父母留给宝宝的钱 |
[27:42] | Which will remain for the baby. | 那笔钱得留给宝宝以后用 |
[27:44] | It’s all for the baby, | 那些钱都是为宝宝准备的 |
[27:46] | for Tammy to have a yard to run around in. | 我们得保证塔米有一个可以自由玩耍的院子 |
[27:48] | Central park was good enough for me. | 我觉得去中央公园玩耍就不错呀 |
[27:51] | When you bet big and lose, you don’t double down. | 你已经赌输了 还指望加倍下注翻本吗 |
[27:55] | It’s in my contract. | 合同就是这么规定的 |
[27:56] | I’ll lose my partnership. | 否则的话我就失去合伙人身份了 |
[27:58] | You’ll lose your stateroom on the Titanic? | 你以为那是什么宝贵职位吗 |
[28:00] | You are forbidden to give anything more to that company. | 我不准你再向公司投一分钱 |
[28:05] | You don’t get to forbid me! | 你有什么权利限制我 |
[28:06] | Lower your voice! | 声音放小点 |
[28:08] | And don’t even think about asking my father. | 还有 别指望跟我父亲借钱 |
[29:25] | “Why I’m quitting tobacco. | 我为何放弃烟草客户 |
[29:33] | Recently, my advertising agency | 近日 我广告公司 |
[29:36] | Ended a long relationship | 结束了与幸福时光香烟的 |
[29:38] | With lucky strike cigarettes. | 长期合作关系 |
[29:42] | And I’m relieved. | 这让我如释重负 |
[29:45] | For over 25 years, | 在过去的25年里 |
[29:46] | we devoted ourselves to peddling a product | 我们致力于对烟草商品的广告宣传 |
[29:49] | For which good work is irrelevant, | 但是 烟草广告做的再好也是徒然的 |
[29:54] | Because people can’t stop themselves from buying it.” | 因为一旦染上烟瘾 不需要广告宣传 也会忍不住购买 |
[29:58] | “The product that never improves, | 吸烟百害而无一利 |
[30:00] | Causes illness and makes people unhappy. | 有损健康 徒增悲伤 |
[30:08] | But there was money in it. | 但烟草业利润丰厚 |
[30:11] | A lot of money. | 相当可观的利润 |
[30:17] | In fact, our entire business depended on it. | 实际上 我们整个公司的运作资金都靠之维系 |
[30:23] | We knew it wasn’t good for us, | 我们都知道这样做是不对的 |
[30:25] | But we couldn’t stop. | 但我们却无法停手 |
[30:28] | And then, when lucky strike moved | 然后突然间 幸福时光香烟把 |
[30:30] | Their business elsewhere, | 代理权给了别的广告公司 |
[30:32] | I realized | 我突然觉得 |
[30:34] | here was my chance to be someone who can sleep at night | 我终于可以放下包袱 坦然入眠了 |
[30:37] | Because I know | 因为我知道 |
[30:38] | what I’m selling doesn’t kill my customers. | 我已经不再推销有损顾客身体健康的产品了 |
[30:40] | So as of today, sterling Cooper draper Pryce | 从今天起 斯库德普广告公司 |
[30:43] | Will no longer take tobacco accounts. | 将不再受理烟草广告业务 |
[30:45] | We know it’s gonna be hard. | 我们深知 公司将举步维艰 |
[30:48] | If you’re interested in cigarette work, | 如果您仍有意进行烟草广告宣传的话 |
[30:49] | Here’s a list of agencies that do it well: | 建议您与如下的公司联系 |
[30:52] | B.B.D.O., Leo Burnett, McCann-Erickson, | 天联广告公司 李奥贝纳广告公司 麦肯广告公司 |
[30:55] | Cutler, Gleason & Chaough and Benton & Bowles.” | C.G.C广告公司 以及本顿&鲍尔斯广告公司 |
[30:58] | “As for us, we welcome all other business, | 而我们 欢迎其他行业有识之士前来洽商 |
[31:02] | Because we’re certain that our best work is still ahead of us. | 因为我们将继续以卓越超凡的作品 与您共创辉煌 |
[31:06] | Sincerely, Donald F. Draper, | 诚挚的 唐纳德·德雷柏敬上 |
[31:08] | Creative director, sterling Cooper draper Pryce.” | 斯库德普广告公司 创意总监 |
[31:15] | – Good morning, Don. – Stan. | -早上好啊 唐 -早上好 斯坦 |
[31:20] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[31:23] | Good morning. Any calls? | 早上好 有电话来吗 |
[31:27] | Oh yes, quite a few. | 是的 很有几个 |
[31:29] | Mostly reporters and citizens, | 以记者和市民为主 |
[31:31] | – Dr. Miller. – Anyone else? | -还有米勒博士 -还有别人吗 |
[31:33] | Someone named Emerson Foote | 还有个叫埃默森.福特的 |
[31:36] | And people from those agencies you mentioned. | 还有你报上提到的那几家广告公司的人 |
[31:41] | They’re looking for you. | 他们在等你呢 |
[31:46] | Can you get Dr. Miller? | 给我接米勒博士的电话 |
[31:49] | Somebody used your name to end our business in the newspaper. | 有人盗用你的名字在报纸上破坏我们的生意 |
[31:52] | – It’s not you, is it? – It’s suicide! | -不是你写的吧 是不是 -这简直是自取灭亡 |
[31:55] | It’s insane! How the hell could you do this? | 真是疯了 你怎么能这样做呢 |
[31:57] | – Why would you do this? – Because someone had to do something. | -你为什么样这么做 -总得有人做点什么的 |
[32:00] | You put the company name on it. | 但你是以公司的名义写的稿子 |
[32:02] | You should’ve consulted us. | 你应该事先征询我们的意见的 |
[32:03] | Why? To evaluate its strengths and weaknesses? | 为什么 权衡一下利弊吗 |
[32:06] | To knock it down to risk versus reward? It’s done! | 还是计算风险和收益的比例 一切都结束了 |
[32:09] | And I slept last night for the first time in a month. | 昨晚我睡了这个月以来的第一个安稳觉 |
[32:11] | You slept? Really? | 你居然还睡了 真的假的 |
[32:13] | You weren’t smiling, thinking about the taste of shit | 你难道不是想着今天早上我们看到报纸时 |
[32:15] | That would be in everybody’s mouth over breakfast today? | 那惊诧震惊 目瞪口呆的表情而狂笑整夜吗 |
[32:17] | No one asked you to euthanize this company. | 没人让你终结这个公司的命运 |
[32:19] | What did you expect, for us to pat you on the back? | 你还指望我们拍拍你后背夸你几句 |
[32:22] | Don’t you realize the clients are all going to think | 你不觉得我们的客户们会觉得 |
[32:24] | You could turn on them at any minute? | 我们随时都有可能背叛他们吗 |
[32:26] | I’m not going to explain to you what I did. | 我懒得跟你们解释我的所作所为 |
[32:28] | It’s an ad for this agency. | 我这是在给公司做广告 |
[32:30] | If you don’t understand it, | 你们要是不懂的话 |
[32:31] | then you shouldn’t be in this business. | 就枉在广告业混了这么多年了 |
[32:32] | You humiliated us by not putting our names on it. | 你没有列出我们的名字 是对我们极大的羞辱 |
[32:37] | You left us with this hypocrisy. | 你让公司披上一层伪善的羞纱 |
[32:40] | So deny it! I did what I thought was best for the company. | 你们大可否认 我完全是为公司着想 |
[32:43] | You can either back me or not. | 你们支不支持我随便 |
[32:44] | You did what was best for you, | 你只不过是在为你自己着想 |
[32:46] | Because you’re impatient and childish. | 你这个武断 幼稚的家伙 |
[32:49] | You had a tantrum on a full page in “The New York times.” | 《纽约时报》给了你一整个版面来泄私愤 |
[32:54] | So no one is happy about this? | 这么说你们都觉得我错了 |
[32:57] | I don’t know. It’s good enough to be the reason | 我不清楚 如果公司继续每况愈下 |
[33:00] | This place went down anymore. | 倒可以以此作为借口 |
[33:01] | – Excuse me. – Yes? | -打扰一下 -什么事 |
[33:04] | Um, there’s someone calling from senator Kennedy’s office. | 肯尼迪议员办公室来电话找您 |
[33:07] | Robert Kennedy wants to speak with you. | 罗伯特·肯尼迪想跟您谈谈 |
[33:19] | Please hold for the senator. | 请稍候 电话正在转接给议员 |
[33:21] | Is this here Don Draper? | 请问是唐·德雷柏吗 |
[33:24] | – Yes. – This is Bobby Kennedy. | -是我 -我是波比·肯尼迪 |
[33:26] | How are you this lovely morning? | 你今天早上过得可好 |
[33:29] | I’m well. Thank you, senator. | 挺好的 谢谢您 议员先生 |
[33:32] | Bobby please. Listen, | 叫我波比就行 |
[33:34] | I just wanted to say that I admire your fortitude and vigor | 我很欣赏你过人的胆识和魄力 |
[33:38] | Sanding up to what I consider to be | 敢于挺身而出 |
[33:40] | One of the great menaces to this civilization as we know it. | 向文明社会的毒瘤宣战 |
[33:44] | – That’s very flattering. – I have one question: | -您过奖了 -我想问你一个问题 |
[33:48] | Does your company represent secor laxatives? | 贵公司代理赛可通便剂的广告吗 |
[33:50] | Yes. Yes, we do. | 是的 是我们在代理 |
[33:52] | Well, are you going to be writing anything against them? | 那你不准备写点反对泻药的广告吗 |
[33:54] | Because I want to make it clear | 我想明确地表示 |
[33:55] | That I am | 我本人 |
[33:57] | Firmly anti-laxative. | 坚决反对使用泻药 |
[34:00] | Who the hell is this? | 你他妈的到底是谁 |
[34:04] | Teddy Chaough. | 我是泰德·赵 |
[34:06] | Thanks for sticking my name in there with the big boys. | 多谢你把我们公司和那些大公司的名字列在一起 |
[34:09] | A full-page ad in “The times. “ | 在《纽约时报》上做了整版的广告 |
[34:11] | What did that run you? | 你中了什么邪了 |
[34:16] | A little mix-up there. That was Eunice Kennedy. | 搞混了 打电话的是尤妮斯·肯尼迪[肯尼迪总统的妹妹] |
[34:18] | Keep joking. You’re cynical and craven. | 继续开玩笑吧 你这个愤世嫉俗的懦夫 |
[34:21] | Tobacco put a roof over your head | 是烟草业让你发家致富 |
[34:24] | – And it fed your children. – And then it killed my business. | -让你有钱养家糊口 -也正是它毁了我的事业 |
[34:27] | I never thought you had the stomach for a partnership. | 我一直都觉得你不是当合伙人的料 |
[34:30] | I’m no longer a part of this agency. | 从今天起我跟这个公司没有任何关系 |
[34:34] | You there, get my shoes. | 喂 你 过去把我的鞋收好 |
[34:36] | Bert, calm down. | 别激动 伯特 |
[34:38] | I will not. | 你让我怎么冷静 |
[34:39] | We’ve created a monster. | 我们造就了这样一个怪物 |
[34:50] | I’ve already informed the other partners. | 我已经通知了其他股东 |
[34:51] | I’ll need your contribution by close of business, as it were. | 你必须按规定上交停业的补偿金 |
[34:56] | You know this could work. | 你知道这个广告会有用的 |
[34:58] | Do you realize I’ve just moved my family back here? | 你应该知道 我刚刚把我的家人接到这边来 |
[35:08] | I’m terribly sorry about that. | 我真的万分抱歉 |
[35:10] | Did you get Dr. Miller? | 与米勒博士联系过了吗 |
[35:12] | Yes, but you were on with… | 是的 不过当时… |
[35:13] | You were on the phone. She said she’d stop by later. | 当时你正在通话中 她说等会过来 |
[35:17] | Okay, that’ll be all. | 好了 没事了 |
[35:20] | By the way, | 还有 |
[35:22] | I loved the letter. | 我喜欢那封信 |
[35:24] | I love that you stand for something. | 我欣赏你挺身而出的魄力 |
[35:26] | Megan, that’s not really what it’s about. | 梅根 不是你想的那样 |
[35:29] | I know that part. | 我懂你想要表达的意思 |
[35:30] | I know it was about “He didn’t dump me. I dumped him.” | 就是说 不是烟草公司抛弃了我们 是我们抛弃了他们 |
[35:36] | I just love that you did it. | 我很钦佩你的作为 |
[35:39] | It feels different around here. | 让我对公司有了一种全新的感觉 |
[35:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:53] | – So who else called? – Everyone who’s anyone. | -还有谁打了电话 -都是非常重要的人 |
[35:56] | Smokey the bear, Smokey Robinson, | 美国林务局 斯莫吉·罗宾逊[蓝调歌手] |
[35:58] | Chiquita banana, aunt Jemima. | 契基塔香蕉公司 杰米玛食料 |
[36:01] | Is he gonna quit smoking? | 他会戒烟吗 |
[36:03] | You’re an idiot. | 你真蠢 |
[36:05] | I heard from all my clients this morning… | 我从我的客户那里听说 |
[36:07] | Mostly out of morbid curiosity. | 当然多数是出于病态的好奇 |
[36:09] | But one thing’s for sure… | 不过有一点可以肯定的是 |
[36:10] | they’re not talking about lucky strike anymore. | 他们不再谈论幸福时光香烟了 |
[36:12] | Well, I think that was the whole idea. | 我想这就是他的意图吧 |
[36:14] | They’re gonna fire everybody… | 他们会解雇所有人的 |
[36:17] | Or worse, make me fire everybody. | 或者更糟 让我解雇所有人 |
[36:19] | Well, it’s been a pleasure working with you all. | 很荣幸曾与你们共事 |
[36:22] | I wish you the best of luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[36:27] | I didn’t think they’d start with him. | 真没想到会先从他下手 |
[36:29] | Peggy, Mr. Draper wants to see you. | 佩奇 德雷柏先生要见你 |
[36:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:44] | It’s a doggy-dog world. | 真是个自相鱼肉的世界 |
[36:51] | Should I close the door? | 要关门吗 |
[36:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:59] | Should I sit down? | 要我坐下吗 |
[37:01] | Who can you live without? | 你觉得谁是多余的 |
[37:06] | Oh good. | 哦 幸亏 |
[37:07] | I mean not good, | 我的意思是 真不幸 |
[37:09] | But… you know. | 不过… |
[37:11] | Well, Danny obviously, | 显然是丹尼 |
[37:15] | Though he’s kind of grown on me. | 虽然他渐渐讨人喜欢了 |
[37:16] | Lane sent over a memo with suggestions. | 莱恩拿来一份附有参考建议的备忘录 |
[37:19] | “All of the tobacco people, Mark Coyle, | 所有做烟草广告的人 有马克·科依 |
[37:22] | Wuzna”… the Polish kid… | 沃茨娜 就是那个波兰孩子 |
[37:25] | “Danny and Bill.” | 还有丹尼和比尔 |
[37:30] | That’s a lot of people. | 不少人啊 |
[37:33] | Are we going under? | 我们会破产吗 |
[37:34] | No. Of course not. | 不会 当然不会 |
[37:38] | I just wanted to give you notice | 我只是想提醒一下你 |
[37:40] | So when they all come to you, you’ll know what’s going on. | 以便等他们找你时 你知道该如何应付 |
[37:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:47] | So? You haven’t said anything about the letter. | 那…你还没说你对那封信有何看法 |
[37:51] | I thought you didn’t go in for those kinds of shenanigans. | 我曾以为你不屑于耍那些手段 |
[38:25] | Sally Draper. | 萨丽·德雷柏 |
[38:27] | Stop, both of you. | 站住 都给我站住 |
[38:29] | What are you doing here? | 你们在这儿干什么呢 |
[38:35] | You stay away from her! You hear me? | 离她远点 听见没 |
[38:39] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[38:49] | We’re not going back for your bike. | 你的自行车别想要了 |
[38:51] | I told you… | 跟你说过 |
[38:52] | he’s my friend. We don’t do anything. | 他是我的朋友 我们什么也没干 |
[38:54] | – That boy is bad. – No, he’s not. | -他是个坏孩子 -不 才不是呢 |
[38:57] | Believe me. I know him better than you do. | 相信我 我比你了解他 |
[39:01] | You don’t know him at all. | 你一点都不了解他 |
[39:06] | Go to your room. | 回你房间去 |
[39:16] | You stopped by. | 你来了啊 |
[39:18] | Yes. I’m glad to see you smiling. | 是啊 你脸上还挂着笑 实在让我宽慰不少 |
[39:20] | Well, they all want to kill me, but I have a bodyguard. | 他们都想杀了我 不过有人替我挡着 |
[39:23] | – Can I get you anything? – No thank you. | -要喝点什么吗 -不必 谢谢 |
[39:36] | – What’s this? – My things. | -这是什么 -我的物件 |
[39:39] | We had to resign. | 我们只好辞职 |
[39:43] | Geoff Atherton wants another cigarette account someday. | 杰夫·阿瑟顿希望公司有朝一日继续做烟草广告 |
[39:48] | I’m so sorry. I didn’t think about that. | 抱歉 没想到会这样 |
[39:51] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:58] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[40:07] | So… | 所以… |
[40:10] | You’re gonna make it through this day, | 你要努力撑过今天 |
[40:12] | You’re going to leave this office, | 然后离开办公室 |
[40:14] | meet me for dinner and be open…to wherever I want… | 出去与我共进晚餐 然后去我想去的任何地方 |
[40:18] | And we’re gonna talk about anything but work, | 撇开工作 谈笑风生 |
[40:21] | Because we can do that now. | 因为工作可以现在谈 |
[40:25] | It’s a fair trade. | 挺公平的吧 |
[40:45] | At Carabelle, eight o’clock. | 玛卡威餐馆 八点见 |
[40:47] | Sure. | 当然 |
[40:50] | Have your girl make reservations. | 让你的女秘书提前预定座位 |
[41:04] | Just wanted to say goodbye. | 想来和你道个别 |
[41:07] | Oh no. What happened? | 哦不 发生什么事了 |
[41:10] | Tobacco is very touchy. | 烟草业务不好做啊 |
[41:13] | Who’s gonna do our research? | 以后谁来给我们做调查啊 |
[41:16] | You know, I just lost one of my best jobs. | 我刚丢了我的金饭碗 你是不是该… |
[41:19] | No, I mean, | 别误会… |
[41:23] | I love working with you. | 我喜欢和你一起工作 |
[41:24] | Would you have a drink with me? | 愿意和我喝一杯吗 |
[41:28] | – I don’t want to linger. – Not right now. | -我不想在此逗留 -不是现在啦 |
[41:30] | Just… I hate to think I’m not gonna see you. | 只是…想到再见不到你我就很难过 |
[41:33] | That’s sweet. | 你真会说话 |
[41:36] | No, I mean it. | 不 我真心的 |
[41:37] | You do your job so well, | 你工作那么出色 |
[41:40] | They respect you and you don’t have to play any games. | 不需要玩任何手段 就得到大家尊重 |
[41:44] | I didn’t know that was possible. | 我以前一直认为这是不可能的 |
[41:46] | Is that what it looks like? | 原来我在别人眼中是这样的 |
[41:50] | I’m sure we’ll work together again… | 相信我们以后还有机会一起工作的 |
[41:53] | Somewhere. | 在别处 |
[42:09] | Hello there. | 大家好呀 |
[42:15] | So I’m home early for a family dinner. | 我早回来 赶上家庭聚餐了啊 |
[42:17] | They couldn’t wait. | 他们等不及先吃了 |
[42:19] | – We can eat later. – I’ll eat with this crowd. | -我们可以等会再吃 -我就和孩子们一起吃了 |
[42:30] | Well, I had quite a day. | 今天真够呛 |
[42:32] | Mmm, that doesn’t sound good. | 听起来像是很不愉快嘛 |
[42:34] | It’s this neighborhood. | 这儿的社区环境真是闹心 |
[42:37] | It’s being taken over by low-caliber people. | 越来越多的低素质人群蜂拥而至 |
[42:43] | I think it’s time for us to move. | 我觉得是时候搬家了 |
[42:47] | Great. You know how I feel about it. | 太好了 我也讨厌这儿 |
[42:50] | I like that place in Rye. | 我看中了拉伊那块地方 |
[42:52] | Rye? Isn’t that where playland is? | 拉伊 游乐场是在那儿吗 |
[43:03] | She’ll get over it. | 她过会儿就好了 |
[43:31] | Roger, Don, Harry and myself | 罗杰 唐 哈里 还有我自己 |
[43:33] | should probably begin the process of letting people go | 恐怕应该开始裁员的程序了 |
[43:36] | to avoid any further damage to morale. | 以免进一步挫伤士气 |
[43:38] | And please try and limit any sympathetic adjustments to severance. | 请尽量克制自己的同情心 公事公办 |
[43:42] | Yes, and as Lane mentioned, | 是的 还请记住莱恩的提醒 |
[43:44] | We’ll try to hold onto any staplers, scissors, | 我们要盯好订书机 剪刀 |
[43:46] | Hole punches and tape dispensers. | 打孔机 胶带座等 |
[43:48] | They do disappear. | 喜欢顺手牵羊的大有人在 |
[43:52] | Don, are you ever gonna call back | 唐 你还打不打算回电话 |
[43:53] | the American Cancer Society? | 给美国癌症协会了 |
[43:55] | They’ve tried you twice this morning. | 他们早上给你来了两通电话 |
[43:56] | I saw that. It’s a joke. | 我看见了 玩笑罢了 |
[43:59] | It’s not. They finally called me. | 不 他们最后打给我了 |
[44:01] | They want us to come in and meet about an anti-smoking campaign. | 他们要搞一个反对吸烟的活动 希望我们过去谈谈相关事宜 |
[44:04] | Huh. Really? | 真的吗 |
[44:06] | Took me about five minutes to stop laughing. | 我笑了足足五分钟才停 |
[44:09] | I hope I didn’t blow it. | 希望没砸了好事 |
[44:12] | Well, that’s interesting, right? | 挺有意思 你们说呢 |
[44:13] | Great. Public service. | 真棒 公益服务 |
[44:17] | Free work. That’s just what we should be doing right now. | 没钱的活儿 我们现在就应该做这种事 |
[44:20] | – It’s prestigious. – But we can’t eat prestige. | -很高尚啊 -高尚不能当饭吃 |
[44:23] | Someone called us. | 有人找到我们 |
[44:24] | We could have new work on the air. | 我们可以有新作品发布 |
[44:26] | There’s a lot of bigwigs on the board. | 到时候会有很多大人物出席 |
[44:30] | Under normal circumstances, I would consider this an opportunity. | 一般情况下 我会把这看作机遇 |
[44:33] | – Absolutely. – Yes, Don saved the company. | -绝对的 -可不 唐拯救了公司 |
[44:36] | Now go get rid of half of it. | 现在却要裁掉一半的人 |
[44:42] | We should probably stay in here. | 我们还是留在这比较好 |
[44:44] | I suppose. | 我想也是 |
[44:47] | Lane, may I speak with you a moment? | 莱恩 能跟你谈几句吗 |
[44:49] | Well, I’ve gotta go learn a bunch of people’s names | 我得先记住一堆名字 |
[44:51] | before I fire them. | 待会儿念裁员名单的时候才不会出错 |
[44:59] | I know you said the end of business today, | 我知道你说了今天下班前缴齐 |
[45:01] | But that money… I don’t have it. | 可我眼下没有这笔钱 |
[45:04] | Is there any way I can owe it on advance | 我可不可以先欠着 |
[45:07] | Against bonus or future salary? | 以后从我奖金或工资里扣 |
[45:10] | Calm yourself. Don paid your share. | 放心吧 唐替你支付过了 |
[45:13] | What? | 什么 |
[45:14] | Perhaps you weren’t supposed to know that. | 他不想让你知道 |
[46:03] | Well, thank you for the opportunity. | 谢谢你给我机会 让我曾与您共事 |
[46:05] | It was my pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[46:15] | Bill. | 比尔 |