时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:42] | We got the poverty, where is the dough? | 贫穷加我身 财富归何处 |
[00:46] | We got the poverty, where is the dough? | 贫穷加我身 财富归何处 |
[00:51] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[00:55] | – Get a job! – Somebody call the cops. | -去找份工作 -快报警 |
[00:57] | That’s all there is– cops and negroes and priests. | 警察 黑鬼和牧师都在下面呢 |
[01:02] | You’re walking in a circle. | 你们在绕圈子呢 |
[01:06] | Must be hot out there. | 外面肯定很热 |
[01:10] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[01:16] | You hit one. | 你击中了一个 |
[01:23] | Hey, watch the work. | 小心别把文件弄湿了 |
[01:31] | To the men’s room. | 去厕所接水去 |
[01:32] | Less promises, more money! | 少承诺 多给钱 |
[01:34] | Less promises, more money! | 少承诺 多给钱 |
[01:40] | Do you know somebody’s throwing water bombs out your windows? | 你知道有人在往外扔水球吗 |
[01:43] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[01:45] | Everybody saw it was coming from this floor. | 所有人都看见是从这层楼扔出去的 |
[01:47] | We all saw it. | 我们都看见了 |
[01:48] | This is the executive floor. That’s utterly ridiculous. | 此处可是行政楼层 真是太可笑了 |
[01:52] | Don’t you call us ridiculous. | 不要说我们可笑 |
[01:54] | Is this what Madison Avenue represents? | 麦迪逊大道的人就是这种素质吗 |
[02:01] | And they call us savages. | 他们还说我们是野蛮人 |
[03:00] | What are you doing up? | 你来这做什么 |
[03:03] | I thought this was the bathroom. | 我以为洗手间在这 |
[03:06] | It’s down there. | 洗手间在那边 |
[03:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:13] | You want breakfast? | 想吃早餐吗 |
[03:22] | Happy Birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[03:24] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:26] | We should wait for his cake. | 应该等到吃蛋糕的时候才给他 |
[03:28] | We’re not gonna be here on his actual birthday. | 他生日那天我们又不在这里 |
[03:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:33] | It’s from all of us. | 是我们合买的 |
[03:38] | We’ll go to the deli for dinner tonight | 晚上我们出去吃晚餐 |
[03:39] | and have cherry cheesecake. | 然后点一个樱桃奶酪蛋糕 |
[03:40] | Open it now. | 打开看看 |
[03:43] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 |
[03:44] | – Can I turn the bacon? – No. | -我能去翻一下熏肉吗 -不行 |
[03:48] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[03:52] | Good morning, everybody. | 大家早上好 |
[03:53] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:54] | – Hi, Megan. – Hi. | -早 梅根 -早 |
[04:01] | That’s so nice. | 真漂亮 |
[04:02] | He needs one of those. | 他正需要一个呢 |
[04:05] | It’s a badger– from its tail. | 是獾的尾毛做的 |
[04:07] | What are we doing today? | 我们今天做什么 |
[04:09] | We’re going to the Statue of Liberty. | 去看自由女神像 |
[04:10] | You always say that, but we never do. | 你老是这么说 又不带我们去 |
[04:14] | You hungry? | 饿了吗 |
[04:15] | Just black coffee for me. | 来杯黑咖啡就行 |
[04:35] | Okay, everybody. | 好了 到家了 |
[04:37] | Have a Happy Birthday. | 生日过得开心点 |
[04:39] | Thank you, Sals. | 谢谢你 萨丽 |
[04:41] | How old are you gonna be? | 你今年几岁了 |
[04:43] | 40 40. | |
[04:44] | So when you’re 40, how old will I be? | 等你到40的时候 我该多大了 |
[04:46] | You’ll be dead. | 你已经不在了 |
[04:49] | We’re not gonna see you next weekend, | 我们下周末不去你那里 |
[04:50] | but we’ll see you the weekend after. That’s the 11th. | 等下下周末 11号再去 |
[04:53] | – If you say so. – You’ll be 70. | -都听你的 -那时候你70岁 |
[04:56] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[04:59] | You’re not gonna come in? | 你不进来吗 |
[05:00] | No. But give Morticia and Lurch my love. | 不了 代我关爱一下莫蒂莎和洛奇 |
[05:06] | Flick the porch light when you get there, all right? | 上去后开走廊灯告诉我 听到没 |
[05:08] | – All right. – Good night, animals. | -好 -晚安 小鬼头们 |
[05:11] | Say good night, honey. | 跟我说晚安 宝贝儿 |
[05:13] | Good night, daddy. | 晚安 爹地 |
[05:15] | Get your brother’s hand. | 牵着你弟弟的手 |
[05:19] | Bye. | 拜 |
[05:52] | You’re losing your head there. | 你头上掉东西了 |
[05:55] | Dandruff. | 头皮屑 |
[05:58] | It’s spit-up. | 是口水 |
[06:00] | I saw your wife dropping you off. | 我看见你太太送你过来 |
[06:01] | Such a sweet scene. | 真甜蜜 |
[06:05] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[06:06] | She has quite a smile. | 她笑起来真美 |
[06:08] | She’s getting back to herself. | 她慢慢恢复到产前状态了 |
[06:11] | How old’s the kid? | 孩子多大了 |
[06:12] | I thought it would be a little faster. | 我以为孩子长大会很快呢 |
[06:15] | Does she cry all the time? | 她常哭吗 |
[06:17] | No. | 没有 |
[06:19] | She just… | 只是 |
[06:23] | There was a time when she wouldn’t leave the house in a robe. | 以前她可不会穿着睡衣就出门 |
[06:28] | Listen, there’s a point | 听着 从前到现在 |
[06:30] | when you go from going home on the 5:25 to the 7:05. | 你可以乘5:25到7:05之间的车回家 |
[06:35] | If you finally learn how to drive, | 如果你学会开车了 |
[06:36] | you can push it to 9:30. | 可以推迟到9:30再回家 |
[06:39] | You’re getting the wrong impression. | 你误解我的意思了 |
[06:41] | Or not come home at all. | 甚至不回家都可以 |
[06:45] | Beth and I got into it so bad the other night, | 我和贝丝有一晚吵得特别厉害 |
[06:48] | I just jumped in the car and drove. | 我开着车就走了 |
[06:51] | Made it all the way to some motel in Rocky Hill. | 开到洛基山的某个汽车旅馆 |
[06:54] | Put my fist through a wall. | 气得我直打墙 |
[06:56] | Howard, don’t get emotional again. | 霍华德 别激动 |
[06:59] | Maybe she’s right. | 说不定她是对的 |
[07:01] | Maybe I am a little selfish. | 我是有点自私 |
[07:03] | I said I needed time with my thoughts. | 我说我需要时间好好想想 |
[07:05] | She asked me what I do at work all day. | 结果她问我工作时间都干什么去了 |
[07:09] | They don’t understand. | 她们不理解男人的苦 |
[07:24] | Greenwich. | 格林威治 |
[07:24] | Next stop, Greenwich, Port Chester, Rye… | 下一站格林威治 切斯特港 |
[07:28] | Who am I kidding? It’s nothing a little peace wouldn’t fix. | 算了 骗谁呢 和平相处能解决一切事情 |
[07:32] | There you go. | 说的对极了 |
[07:41] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[07:44] | Of course. I’ll let him know. | 当然 我会转告他的 |
[07:47] | – Was that for me? – No. | -找我的吗 -不是 |
[07:48] | – Who was it? – Really? | -那是找谁 -干嘛呢你 |
[07:50] | Fine. What’s Don up to today? | 算了 唐今天什么安排 |
[07:52] | I see a lot of napping and pillow talk. | 大概就是睡睡觉 说说枕边话吧 |
[07:53] | That’s your schedule. | 那是你的日程安排 |
[07:55] | You all had the status meeting 20 minutes ago. | 你们20分钟前就该参加例会了 |
[08:00] | Can’t you sit over there once in a while? | 你就不能偶尔去我那边坐吗 |
[08:01] | What if I have someone important coming in? | 万一有大人物找我怎么办 |
[08:03] | When you have somebody come in, I will sit over there. | 等有大人物找你 我再坐过去 |
[08:07] | Here, why don’t you buy yourself a fancy hat or a mask or something? | 拿着 给自己买顶漂亮帽子 面膜什么的 |
[08:12] | No, thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[08:14] | All I’m asking for is a few hours a day | 我只不过是要你每天 |
[08:15] | where the world might mistake you for my secretary. | 给我做几个小时秘书 |
[08:18] | Joan said you were supposed to share. | 琼说我要替你们两个人工作 |
[08:20] | – And his phone rings more. – Joan’s not here. | -他的电话比较多 -琼现在不在 |
[08:22] | And you just took $50 from me. | 而且你刚收了我50块 |
[08:26] | Let your conscience be your guide. | 可不要昧着良心做事 |
[08:38] | That feels good. | 真舒服 |
[08:41] | That feels so much better. | 舒服多了吧 |
[08:49] | I was right. Somebody was very wet. | 我就知道他尿了 |
[08:51] | When you were that size, | 你像他这么大的时候 |
[08:53] | I used to change you every hour whether you needed it or not. | 不管你有没有尿 我都每小时给你换一次尿布 |
[08:58] | I don’t know how many times I have to say this. | 我都说过多少次了 |
[08:59] | Those go in the cabinet in the hallway. | 那些应该放在走廊的柜子里 |
[09:01] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[09:03] | I thought it’d be easier if they were near your bathroom. | 我觉得放得离洗手间近一点比较方便 |
[09:05] | I didn’t mean it that way. | 我不是这个意思 |
[09:08] | I haven’t slept. | 我一直没睡 |
[09:11] | And I just feel cooped up in here. | 感觉像是被困在这里了 |
[09:13] | I think it’s bad for Kevin to be out there | 现在抱凯文出去对他不好 |
[09:15] | until I’m done cleaning the oven– the fumes. | 我还没打扫完炉子 那些烟是有害的 |
[09:17] | I don’t know why you had to do that on a hot summer day. | 你干嘛要大夏天的打扫炉子 |
[09:19] | Anyway, I think we’re about to run out of formula. | 随便你吧 婴儿食品要吃完了 |
[09:22] | I get your purse. | 我去拿你的钱包 |
[09:25] | Hello. | 小乖乖 |
[09:28] | Hello, you. You’re gonna take a nap. | 小乖乖 来睡一会儿吧 |
[09:30] | Would you like that? You want to lay in the bed with mommy? | 想不想和妈妈一起睡一会 |
[09:39] | A 10? | 10块钱 |
[09:41] | You buying his formula or yours? | 你是要给他买还是给自己买 |
[09:44] | I’ll take him for a walk. | 我准备带他出去走走 |
[09:46] | Oh, God, would you? | 真的吗 |
[09:50] | You’re gonna go with Grandma Gail. | 让格尔外婆带你去玩吧 |
[09:52] | That’s where you’re gonna go. | 和她一起出去玩 |
[10:06] | Close the door. | 关上门 |
[10:23] | How was everybody’s weekend? | 大家周末过得怎么样 |
[10:24] | Great. We all went water-skiing together. | 很愉快 我们一起去滑水了 |
[10:27] | – Made a human pyramid. – I was here. | -撞在一起”叠罗汉”了 -我来加班了 |
[10:30] | Splendid. So I trust you’re adequately | 很好 我相信你们已经充分 |
[10:31] | prepared for the Heinz presentation. | 准备好给亨氏公司的创意展示了 |
[10:33] | Yes, boss. We have almost everything. | 是的 老大 基本都准备好了 |
[10:36] | Just short Mrs. Draper’s work. | 就差德雷柏夫人 |
[10:38] | – She’s writing the coupons. – Has Don signed off? | -她还在画赠品劵 -唐同意了吗 |
[10:41] | He’s late. And so is she, coincidentally. | 他迟到了 她也是 巧吧 |
[10:45] | Clara. | 克莱拉 |
[10:50] | Clara! | 克莱拉 |
[10:51] | She should have just rolled over and said, | 她可以直接在床上翻个身 然后问 |
[10:53] | “Don, what do you think of this?” | 唐 你觉得我”做”得好吗 |
[10:55] | I bet she says that every morning. | 我打赌她每天早上都这么说 |
[11:00] | Come on, it’s 11:00. | 走吧 11点了 |
[11:06] | No sunbathing? | 没做日光浴吗 |
[11:08] | No. | 没有 |
[11:10] | Look, we had a three-day weekend | 我们休了3天假 |
[11:12] | and you didn’t do anything? | 你什么都没做吗 |
[11:14] | That’s not my calendar. | 我可没休3天 |
[11:17] | Clara. | 克莱拉 |
[11:21] | How was your weekend? | 你周末过得怎么样 |
[11:22] | Clara, is Mr. Draper in yet? | 克莱拉 德雷柏先生来了吗 |
[11:24] | – No. – You’re late for the status meeting. | -还没 -你例会迟到了 |
[11:26] | You should probably go prepare instead of molesting my secretary. | 你也该去准备准备 而不是在此骚扰我的秘书 |
[11:29] | Well, sweetheart, the torture’s over. | 好吧亲爱的 ‘拷问’结束 |
[11:31] | Let the fun begin. | 准备’狂欢’吧 |
[11:35] | My office is 30 yards away. | 我办公室离这里30码[约27米] |
[11:37] | So when I hit that buzzer, | 我既然按了通报器 |
[11:39] | I’m trying to save myself a trip through the miracle of telephonics. | 就是想省得我自己跑过来一趟 |
[11:43] | Mr. And Mrs. Draper are here. | 德雷柏夫妇来了 |
[11:47] | – Good morning. – So sorry. I overslept. | -早上好 -抱歉 我睡过头了 |
[11:49] | That’s not true. I did. | 才不是 是我睡过头了 |
[11:52] | How was Memorial Day? | 国殇日过得怎么样 |
[11:53] | It was nice. We had my kids. | 和孩子们一起 还不错 |
[11:57] | You had the status meeting at 10:00. | 你10点钟有例会 |
[12:01] | – Morning. – Good morning. | -早 -早 |
[12:05] | Did you read about Y&R’s paper bag drop? | 你听说扬&罗必凯公司员工扔水袋的事了吗 |
[12:09] | I did. | 听说了 |
[12:10] | – I don’t see the humor. – It’s funny. | -我看不出笑点在哪 -很有意思 |
[12:13] | I mean, if nothing else, | 不管怎么说 |
[12:13] | it serves them right for stealing Pond’s. | 也算报了旁氏客户被抢走的一箭之仇 |
[12:15] | What does one thing have to do with the other? | 这两件事有什么关系 |
[12:17] | They stole the Pond’s account and now they’re a laughingstock. | 他们抢走了旁氏的广告案 现在却成了笑柄 |
[12:19] | Makes me feel better. | 让我心里舒服多了 |
[12:21] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[12:22] | Shall we mosey on over to the conference room? | 我们移步去会议室吧 |
[12:24] | We did have a meeting at 10:00. | 十点钟安排了会议 |
[12:25] | Morning, Lane, clipboard. | 早上好 莱恩 以及文件板 |
[12:28] | We should run a want ad, saying something like, | 我们应该登一则招聘广告 就说 |
[12:31] | “Sterling Cooper, an equal opportunity employer.” | “斯特林&库珀广告公司 不分肤色 机会均等” |
[12:33] | Our windows don’t open. | 我们不往窗户扔东西 |
[12:35] | As tempting as it sounds, I don’t know | 虽然听起来很有吸引人 我不确定 |
[12:37] | if we need to be spending money to further their embarrassment. | 我们该为此花钱做广告 让他们更难堪 |
[12:40] | Look, if there’s no line item for humiliating the competition, | 如果没有专门的拨款用来羞辱竞争对手的话 |
[12:43] | Don will write it and I’ll pay for it. | 唐负责写广告词 我来掏腰包 |
[12:44] | But you’re not allowed to read it. | 但是你不许看 |
[12:47] | Forget the want ads. The advertising column. | 别登在招聘版上了 登在广告栏里 |
[12:49] | I want them to see it. | 我要他们看见 |
[12:51] | So, Heinz is coming in. Don? | 说正事 亨氏的人今天要来 唐 |
[12:53] | Yes. Caroline, | 是的 卡罗琳 |
[12:55] | can you get Megan and the Heinz boards, please? | 请叫梅根带着亨氏广告版来见我 |
[12:57] | – Do you want the team? – No. | -要叫策划团队一起来吗 -不要 |
[12:59] | – What else? – Status is status quo on my end. | -有别的事吗 -关于我这边的情况 |
[13:01] | I’m supposed to have drinks with Bruce Lewis from Oldsmobile. | 我会和奥兹莫比尔汽车公司的布鲁斯·路易斯会面 |
[13:04] | He wants to know if there’s a way around Nader. | 他想知道有没有办法对付纳徳报告 |
[13:04] | [针对当时联邦交易委员会弊端的报告 要求广告证实其所宣传的言论] | |
[13:06] | There isn’t. Anything else? | 没办法 还有别的事吗 |
[13:09] | Lane? | 莱恩 |
[13:10] | I have a lunch at the 4A’s, | 我在广告代理协会有个午餐会 |
[13:12] | so I should be back in time but not necessarily conscious. | 应该可以准时回来 但脑子可不一定清醒 |
[13:18] | And according to the memo, Kenny finally has signatures | 根据备忘录 肯尼终于拿到了 |
[13:21] | from Chevalier, Galone and Butler Shoes. | 香维尔&格莱丽&巴特勒鞋业的合同 |
[13:24] | Footwear. All good news. | 鞋类产品 都是好消息 |
[13:27] | I suppose that brings this meeting to a close. | 我想会议可以就此结束了 |
[13:29] | Don, may I speak with you privately? | 唐 可以私下和你谈谈吗 |
[13:30] | Uh, I should take a look at these right away. | 我马上要先看一下这些广告板 |
[13:36] | Mr. Campbell. | 坎贝尔先生 |
[13:39] | I have a call of nature. | 我要去一下洗手间 |
[13:41] | Do not begin this meeting without me. | 等我来了再开始会议 |
[13:45] | When is he free next? | 他什么时候有空 |
[13:50] | You obviously haven’t seen my coupons yet. | 你显然还没有看过我设计的优惠券 |
[13:54] | – Let’s get out of here. – No. | -我们出去享乐吧 -不 |
[13:56] | Then lock the door. | 那就把门锁上 |
[13:57] | As soon as I’m in here longer than five minutes, | 我在这里待超过五分钟 |
[14:00] | people will start to… | 别人就会开始 |
[14:01] | What? Who? | 什么 谁 |
[14:04] | I have to get these to Peggy. | 我需要把这些给佩奇 |
[14:07] | You have a presentation, you know. | 你马上还有一个广告创意展示 |
[14:16] | I could make you go home right now, you know. | 我可以让你马上回家 |
[14:17] | I have that power. | 我有权这么做 |
[14:20] | Mr. Campbell is here to see you. | 坎贝尔先生要见您 |
[14:22] | – I just saw him. – I have to get back to work. | -我才见过他 -我该回去工作了 |
[14:25] | Open your blouse. | 解开衬衫 |
[14:27] | You’re a dirty old man. | 你真是个老色鬼 |
[14:39] | – Anything else? – No, ma’am. | -还有别的事吗 -没有了 |
[14:43] | I’m sorry. Am I interrupting? | 抱歉 打扰了吗 |
[14:46] | I asked for your first available meeting, | 我本想等你一有空就见你 |
[14:48] | and it turns out you have nothing to do today. | 却发现你今天一点事都没有 |
[14:51] | If you could have any client in the world, who would you want? | 如果世界上所有的客户任你挑选 你会选谁 |
[14:53] | – American Airlines. – Why? | -美国航空公司 -为什么 |
[14:55] | – Because they stood us up. – Right. | -因为他们抛弃了我们 -没错 |
[14:57] | So I started thinking, who has those feelings about us? | 所以我想 谁对我们有同样的感觉呢 |
[15:02] | Mohawk Airlines. | 莫霍克航空公司 |
[15:04] | You were very close. | 你差点就能猜中的 |
[15:06] | The company’s in a lot of trouble. | 他们公司陷入了很多麻烦 |
[15:08] | It’s very nice that things have not gone well since we cut them loose. | 很幸运 我们取消合作后 他们情况一直不好 |
[15:12] | They want to come back? | 他们想回来 |
[15:13] | After the way we treated them… | 我们那么对待他们之后 |
[15:16] | So that American Airlines thing isn’t happening? | 所以美国航空公司根本没可能是吧 |
[15:18] | – I, for one, am very excited. – Oh, me, too. | -我个人而言很兴奋 -我也是 |
[15:21] | I just don’t understand the secrecy or the urgency. | 只是不明白你为什么急着私下见我 |
[15:24] | I’m meeting with them today, | 我今天要和他们见面 |
[15:25] | and I think you should drop by. | 我觉得你应该也过去一下 |
[15:27] | Hank Lammott hit me pretty hard on his way out the door. | 汉克·拉蒙特离开的时候对我恨意十足 |
[15:30] | I may not help. | 我去大概没用 |
[15:31] | Don, you’re the big draw. | 唐 你可是重头戏 |
[15:34] | They’re not going to ask for someone else. | 他们不会让别人做的 |
[15:36] | Look, get through this, get them back for more, | 等你和他们见完面 签了合同 |
[15:39] | and I’ll make time in my busy schedule. | 然后我就会抽时间见他们的 |
[15:42] | Got it. I’ll let you know when I need you to… | 好的 如果有需要我再联系你 |
[15:44] | It’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[15:48] | Can I get some coffee? | 给我来杯咖啡 |
[15:52] | Oh, Megan, you’re here. | 梅根 你在呀 |
[16:02] | I took a risk on one of them. Two for 22 cents. | 其中一个我冒了险 买两个只需22分钱 |
[16:06] | Nice. | 不错 |
[16:08] | Of course, we’re really locked into the 5 cents off, | 可惜我们的减价限度是5分钱 |
[16:10] | but good thinking. | 但是个好想法 |
[16:13] | Stan, can you do something to these? | 斯坦 你能将这些草稿美化一下吗 |
[16:19] | Like what? | 弄成什么样 |
[16:20] | I don’t know. | 我也说不好 |
[16:22] | Do that thing with the border around the edge | 或许可以把边缘做些美化 |
[16:24] | so it kind of looks like | 使豆子看上去就像是 |
[16:25] | legal tender with the can of beans where Washington goes. | 钱币上的华盛顿头像那种美术效果 |
[16:28] | You want me to put a little wig on him? | 你想让我给他画个假发吗 |
[16:31] | Play with it. | 尽情拿去玩吧 |
[16:32] | Drop dead. | 滚一边去 |
[16:35] | They keep asking me to be more and more specific | 美工总是想让我描述的越仔细越好 |
[16:37] | until you’re drawing it yourself. | 干脆让我自己画出来算了 |
[16:39] | – Do you want me to move? – Oh, no, no. | -你想让我换个地方吗 -不用 |
[16:41] | – I’m just looking for gum. – Oh, I have some. | -我只是在找口香糖而已 -我有一些 |
[16:50] | So I have to ask your opinion about something. | 有件事我想问问你的意见 |
[16:55] | You did a great job, | 你做的很好 |
[16:56] | but I can’t really go overboard on coupons. | 但是我不能对优惠券做过多指示 |
[16:59] | I did that kind of baloney for two years. | 那破事我做过整整两年 |
[17:01] | You should take comfort in the fact that | 你该感到欣慰的是 |
[17:02] | it’s very important to the client– too important. | 优惠券对客户很重要 非常重要 |
[17:06] | No, it’s something else. | 不 我想问别的事 |
[17:09] | Tomorrow’s Don’s birthday. | 明天是唐的生日 |
[17:12] | Oh, shit. It’s June 1st? | 要命 已经6月1号了吗 |
[17:15] | Ugh, I forgot. | 我全忘了 |
[17:17] | Got to get him something. | 应该给他买个礼物 |
[17:19] | I still haven’t gotten you a wedding present. | 我到现在都没送你们结婚礼物 |
[17:21] | Sorry. You know how busy I’ve been. | 抱歉 你知道我最近很忙 |
[17:23] | No, it’s just, um… | 没关系 只是 |
[17:28] | I’m throwing a party for him on Saturday. | 我周六打算给他办个派对 |
[17:31] | It’s a surprise. | 是个惊喜 |
[17:33] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[17:35] | For Don? | 给唐的 |
[17:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:40] | Men hate surprises. | 男人讨厌惊喜 |
[17:42] | Didn’t you have “Lucy” In Canada? | 加拿大难道没播过《我爱露西》吗 |
[17:43] | Look, nobody likes it in theory, | 理论上说 没有人会喜欢 |
[17:45] | but people are always glad. | 但是收到惊喜人们总会开心 |
[17:47] | And you’ve never seen me throw a party. | 而且你没见过我办派对 |
[17:50] | Everyone’s gonna home from this | 大家从我的派对离场后 |
[17:51] | and they’re gonna have sex. | 回家就会迫不及待地交欢 |
[17:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:56] | Sounds like fun for us at least. | 至少我们估计会玩得挺开心 |
[17:59] | I mean, if I’m invited. | 我是说 如果我被邀请的话 |
[18:01] | I don’t want to assume. | 我可不敢随便断言 |
[18:04] | You’re invited. I’m not sure who else is. | 你被邀请了 但是我不清楚还要请谁 |
[18:07] | I went through his rolodex. | 我翻了他的名片夹 |
[18:08] | I crossed out all the clients | 已经划掉了所有客户 |
[18:10] | and everyone he’s fired. | 和他炒掉的人 |
[18:12] | That doesn’t leave a lot of people. | 那就不剩多少了 |
[18:17] | Freddy Rumsen doesn’t come to parties. | 弗雷迪·拉姆森不参加派对 |
[18:20] | You have to invite Harry. | 你一定要请哈里 |
[18:23] | I know, but he really doesn’t like him. | 我知道 但是他很不喜欢他 |
[18:26] | Really? | 是吗 |
[18:28] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[18:31] | – Frank Keller, his accountant? – He likes him. | -弗兰克·凯勒 他的会计 -他喜欢他 |
[18:34] | There are six phone numbers for Herman Phillips. | 名片夹里有6个号码都是赫尔曼·菲利普斯的 |
[18:37] | Is he important? | 他是个大人物吗 |
[18:39] | That’s Duck. | 那是达克 |
[18:44] | What birthday is it? | 今年是他多少岁生日 |
[18:46] | 40. | 40岁 |
[19:10] | How’d he do? | 他怎么样 |
[19:11] | He was fussy the whole time. | 一直闹个不停 |
[19:14] | But the elevator always knocks him out. | 但是电梯总能让他睡过去 |
[19:17] | Must be the vibration. | 一定是因为震动 |
[19:20] | Who would have thought you’d be so good at this? | 谁会想到你如此擅长带小孩呢 |
[19:22] | You’ll be good at it, too, sweetheart. | 你也会一样擅长的 亲爱的 |
[19:25] | What am I going to do when you go home? | 你回家之后我该怎么办 |
[19:28] | Are you really going back to that office? | 你真打算回去工作吗 |
[19:31] | You worked. | 你当年也工作呀 |
[19:32] | I had to. Your husband’s a doctor. | 我是被逼无奈 但你丈夫是个医生 |
[19:35] | It doesn’t matter. I promised and they need me. | 没关系 我说好的 而且他们也需要我 |
[19:38] | I’m not saying you’re not important to them, | 我不是说你对他们不重要 |
[19:40] | but they also know that priorities change. | 但是他们也能明白轻重缓急 |
[19:43] | – They should, anyway. – Why are you doing this? | -他们应该理解 -你为什么要这样 |
[19:46] | You don’t know how sick you’re going to feel inside | 你不知道以后你内心会有多渴望 |
[19:48] | or what you’re going to miss. | 多怀念现在守护他的时光 |
[19:49] | What he’s doing now, that’s nothing. | 他现在虽是个小麻烦 但根本不值一提 |
[19:51] | – Just wait. – I know, I know. | -等等就好了 -我知道 我知道 |
[19:54] | I just– | 我只是 |
[19:57] | I don’t want to break my promise. | 我不想打破承诺 |
[19:59] | And Greg will be stationed at Fort Dix for a second year. | 格雷格还得在迪克斯堡驻扎一年 |
[20:01] | – I can commute from New Jersey. – And then? | -我可以从新泽西上下班 -然后呢 |
[20:05] | And then when he’s done, | 然后等他回到家 |
[20:09] | we’ll see. | 我们再说 |
[20:10] | Joan, he’s not going to allow you to work. | 琼 他不会允许你工作的 |
[20:13] | Allow me? | 允许我 |
[20:16] | Whither thou goest, I will go. | 天涯海角随君行 |
[20:20] | And how did that work out for you? | 你就是这么做的 结果呢 |
[20:38] | Ah, Pete Campbell. Late as usual. | 皮特·坎贝尔 一如既往地迟到 |
[20:40] | He obviously didn’t come in on a Mohawk plane. | 他显然不是搭乘莫霍克航班来的 |
[20:43] | – Hank. Jack. – You’re not late. | -汉克 杰克 -你没迟到 |
[20:45] | Roger told us to come early. | 罗杰叫我们早点来 |
[20:48] | Have a seat. You’re only one behind, | 坐下吧 你就落下了一杯 |
[20:49] | but they’re nuclear. | 但我们喝的是核弹头酒 |
[20:52] | Roger, they’re looking for you back in the office. | 罗杰 公司里有事找你 |
[20:55] | It’ll keep. | 让他们候着 |
[20:56] | We were just laughing about Y&R. | 我们正在嘲笑扬&罗必凯广告公司 |
[20:59] | It couldn’t have happened to a better bunch of bigots. | 发生在那帮老顽固身上 真是妙极了 |
[21:03] | Roger, it’s an emergency. | 罗杰 是急事 |
[21:06] | Really? | 是吗 |
[21:08] | Oh, come on. We just got started. | 得了吧 我们刚开始 |
[21:15] | All right, all right. Sorry, fellas. | 好吧 抱歉 伙计们 |
[21:17] | Heavy is the head that wears the crown. | 位高权重 责任重大 |
[21:21] | You don’t want me to fly copilot or be your wingman? | 不想我留下来做你的副驾驶 或泡妞搭档吗 |
[21:24] | Check your valises? Hold your airsickness bag? | 帮你查查手提箱 拎着晕机袋 |
[21:27] | Do you want me to throw one into the bag you’re in? | 你想让我吐你一身吗 |
[21:30] | You enjoy yourself, then. | 那你玩得尽兴 |
[21:31] | Garcon, assume that these are gone. | 服务生 把酒杯倒满 |
[21:35] | I should warn you about these two– | 走之前应该警告你一下 |
[21:36] | – They’re a thirsty lot. – Always a pleasure. | -他二位很能喝哦 -见面很愉快 |
[21:39] | When you’re done with him, | 等你们和他聊完 |
[21:40] | just fold him up and slide him under the door. | 只要把他折起来从门缝塞回来就行了 |
[21:46] | I love that guy. | 我喜欢那家伙 |
[21:52] | And so we take advantage of this new microphotography | 于是 我们利用新型的缩微摄影技术 |
[21:56] | and high-speed camera to show… | 和高速摄像机 为各位展示 |
[22:01] | A bean ballet. | 一场豆之芭蕾 |
[22:08] | Spinning in air with their delicious perfection, | 旋转在空中 美味无穷 |
[22:12] | the beans pirouette in slow motion, | 豆子们在慢镜头中翩翩起舞 |
[22:14] | they somersault in slow motion. | 在慢镜头中旋转跳跃 |
[22:17] | Some of them spin clockwise, some counter-clockwise | 有的顺时针 有的逆时针 |
[22:19] | so they’ll appear to be moving towards each other. | 看起来像是在相互靠近 |
[22:23] | Until… | 然后 |
[22:25] | They drop into a full can first seen from the top. | 镜头从上拍豆子们落进罐头里面 |
[22:30] | There’s a splash of mouth-watering sauce as each one lands. | 豆子落下的时候 溅起让人垂涎欲滴的浓汁 |
[22:37] | Then we cut to the front, the iconic label. | 然后镜头切换到罐头正面 显示出亨氏商标 |
[22:43] | “The art of supper.” | 晚餐的艺术 |
[22:52] | Have you done this before, | 你们以前有没有用过 |
[22:53] | this special photography? | 如此特殊的摄影方式 |
[22:55] | It’s been done before, but you’ll be the first on TV. | 用过 但贵公司的广告会是第一个在电视上播放的 |
[22:58] | How do they get the beans to do that? | 你们怎么让豆子做那些动作 |
[23:00] | They can’t just get lucky. | 豆子又不会自己动 |
[23:01] | This camera can show a bullet spinning in midair. | 现在的摄像机能拍下子弹旋转的过程 |
[23:06] | Where’s the bite and smile? | 那个咬一口露出笑容那一段呢 |
[23:07] | Ken, you said there’d be a bite and smile on the phone. | 肯 你电话上说有这一段的 |
[23:10] | I think I said there was gonna be a bean ballet, Raymond. | 我记得我说的是豆子芭蕾舞 雷蒙德 |
[23:12] | But I’m sure we can add that. | 但是我们可以加上那一段 |
[23:16] | And what do they take away from it? | 消费者从这个广告里能看出什么来 |
[23:18] | It puts beans on their mind. | 这个广告能让人们记住豆子 |
[23:21] | It’s an unforgettable image. | 这种镜头让人过目难忘 |
[23:23] | And believe it or not, it makes them exciting. | 信不信由你 那会让人们兴奋起来 |
[23:28] | And it’ll show you have a sense of humor, | 这个广告还体现出了贵公司的幽默感 |
[23:30] | because, really, they’re being portrayed | 真的 这个广告让豆子看起来 |
[23:32] | as far more important than they are. | 比他们实际上要重要得多 |
[23:35] | You ever see beans up close | 你有没有近距离观察过豆子 |
[23:38] | they’re slimy. They look like a bunch of bloody organs. | 滑溜溜的 看起来像一堆血淋淋的器官 |
[23:41] | And it’s not just for fellas like me that saw things in Korea. | 并非只有我这种参加过朝鲜战争的人才有这种感觉 |
[23:46] | Kidney beans are called kidney beans | 菜豆之所以也叫肾形豆 |
[23:48] | because they’re shaped that way. | 因为它们形状很像肾 |
[23:50] | But you could call all beans that. | 但是所有的豆子都可以这么叫 |
[23:53] | They look better in a group, in a bowl. | 豆子要成堆 要放在碗里看起来才顺眼 |
[23:56] | Hell, what’s wrong with a spoon? | 要不用勺子来干嘛 |
[24:00] | Don. | 唐 |
[24:01] | – Well, hello, Don. – Hello, Raymond. | -你好啊 唐 -你好 雷蒙德 |
[24:03] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[24:04] | Are you as excited about this as we are? | 你们是否也和我们一样喜欢这个广告创意 |
[24:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:08] | You said to be bold. | 你说要大胆创新 |
[24:09] | Nothing on TV is going to look like this. | 电视上可从没出现过这种广告 |
[24:11] | And just imagine seeing one of these dancing beans | 请您想象一个这种跳舞的豆子 |
[24:13] | on the subway wall. | 出现在地铁墙面广告上 |
[24:15] | People will hear the music in their heads. | 人们脑中自然而然就会响起音乐 |
[24:19] | Look, it’s very artistic. | 听着 这广告艺术感很强 |
[24:21] | And I want to be bold, | 虽然我想要大胆的创新 |
[24:23] | but this isn’t what I had in mind | 但是这不是我想要的 |
[24:24] | when I was talking about a new generation of consumers. | 我希望的广告是能够吸引年轻一代的消费者 |
[24:28] | The ketchup kids, are they even going to notice this? | 现在的年轻人根本不会注意此广告 |
[24:30] | I mean, that waltz alone reminds me of old people. | 我是说 光是华尔兹就让我想起老年人 |
[24:33] | Maybe I wasn’t clear. | 可能是我没说清楚 |
[24:35] | This is temporary music. We can change it. | 音乐只是暂定的 随时可以换 |
[24:39] | It’s got no message. | 它没有传达出我想要的信息 |
[24:44] | I can see your point. | 我懂你的意思了 |
[24:46] | Beans is the war, the depression, | 豆子会让人们想起战争 大萧条 |
[24:50] | bomb shelters. We have to erase that. | 防空洞之类的 我们得避免那种联想 |
[24:54] | They have to be cool. Don, you know what I’m talking about. | 广告一定要做的积极正面 唐 你懂的 |
[24:58] | I want the kids in college. | 我想要大学生认为 |
[25:00] | It’s convenient. | 罐装豆子非常方便 |
[25:01] | They have the hot plate. They’re sitting in. | 他们有电炉 坐下来热热就能吃 |
[25:05] | Okay. We’ll work on that. | 好吧 我们会努力的 |
[25:11] | Maybe it’s someone with a picket sign saying, | 或许可以拍摄一个人举着一个牌子 |
[25:13] | – “We want beans.” – You know what, Raymond? | -写着”我们要豆子” -雷蒙德 我告诉你 |
[25:16] | This is our job from here on out. We’ll make you happy. | 接下来的工作就交给我们了 包你满意 |
[25:21] | I’m really sorry about that. | 不好意思我否决了你们的广告 |
[25:24] | Please, this is a process. | 没什么 只是个过程嘛 |
[25:27] | Let me walk you out. | 我送你们出去 |
[25:41] | What else you got? | 还有其他方案吗 |
[25:43] | That was the best thing so far. | 那已经是目前最好的了 |
[25:45] | Unless you like this beans protest. | 除非你喜欢他提出的”持豆抗议”广告 |
[25:47] | Please, you can’t be surprised that | 拜托 你也不必太惊讶 |
[25:48] | that man – doesn’t have a taste for ballet. | 那个人 完全不懂品味芭蕾 |
[25:50] | It’s a joke on ballet. | 只是个芭蕾笑话而已 |
[25:52] | And you can’t be surprised he doesn’t have a sense of humor. | 他不懂幽默 你也不必太震惊 |
[25:55] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[25:56] | But I guess I thought you’d come in here | 我还以为你刚才进来 |
[25:58] | and tell them how good it was. | 会说服他们这个创意有多好 |
[26:01] | Do I really want to waste an hour and a half | 我没有必要浪费一个半小时的口水 |
[26:02] | shoving it down his throat | 强行说服他 |
[26:04] | only to have him pull the plug at the last minute? | 到最后却仍旧被他否决 |
[26:06] | This is business that came in over the transom. | 亨氏的单子是意外争取来的 |
[26:09] | We didn’t pitch it. | 我们做得不够 |
[26:10] | He has every right to make us work for it. | 他有权利折腾我们 |
[26:13] | I wish I would have known that. | 要是我早知道这样 |
[26:14] | I would have saved this for round two. | 就该下次再说这个提案 |
[26:16] | We’ll get him next time. | 下次一定能成功 |
[26:30] | Caroline. Is he in? | 卡罗琳 他在里面吗 |
[26:34] | He’s gone for the day. | 他已经离开了 |
[26:44] | Damn it. Clara. | 该死 克莱拉 |
[26:48] | Clara! | 克莱拉 |
[26:50] | Oh, my goodness. What happened? | 天呐 怎么回事 |
[26:53] | – You want me to get some tissue? – No. | -需要我给你拿些纸巾吗 -不要 |
[26:55] | I want you to tell me why Roger Sterling was at my meeting. | 我想知道罗杰·斯特林怎么会跑去见我的客户 |
[26:59] | – I don’t know. – I know. | -不知道 -我知道 |
[27:00] | Because he hovers over your desk like a damn U-2. | 因为他跑到你办公桌边 像侦察机一样收集情报 |
[27:04] | – What? – You think he’s looking at your breasts? | -什么 -你以为他在看你的胸部 |
[27:07] | He’s looking at my calendar. | 实际上他看的是我的日常安排 |
[27:10] | Did she hit you? | 她打你了吗 |
[27:11] | Thank you, Clara. You’ve done enough damage for today. | 拜你所赐 你今天毁了多少事 |
[27:17] | You need to lower your voice. Have a drink. | 你得小声点 来一杯吧 |
[27:19] | No, no more drinks. | 不能再喝了 |
[27:22] | Heinz looked miserable. | 亨氏的人看起来很不爽 |
[27:23] | They’re making us work for it. | 他们要求我们重新做个广告 |
[27:24] | Don didn’t seem worried. | 唐似乎一点不着急 |
[27:26] | Did you crash with Mohawk? | 你是不是和莫霍克的人谈崩了 |
[27:27] | No, it was perfect. | 没有 谈得很好 |
[27:30] | Except for my deep nausea and pending headache. | 除了我一直头疼恶心 |
[27:33] | Oh, and Roger made an appearance. | 罗杰居然也去了 |
[27:36] | Well, that shows it’s a good lead. | 说明这个单子很不错 |
[27:38] | It’s my lead. | 那是我的单子 |
[27:40] | Wasn’t Roger in the service with Henry Lammott? | 罗杰和亨利·拉蒙特不是战友吗 |
[27:42] | Did you do any rowing? | 你划船吗 |
[27:45] | – You rowed? – I was a coxswain. | -你会划船 -我曾经是舵手 |
[27:47] | The boat moved because everyone pulls in the same direction. | 所有人向一个方向用劲 船才会动 |
[27:50] | I’m not supposed to worry about Roger. | 我需要担心的不该是罗杰 |
[27:51] | I’m supposed to worry about other agencies. | 我改担心的是其他对手公司 |
[27:54] | You shouldn’t be worried at all. Business is stable. | 你完全不用担心 生意很稳定 |
[27:56] | Stable is that step backwards | 稳定意味着退步 |
[27:58] | between successful and failing. | 不成功 则失败 |
[28:01] | Fine, Pete. | 好吧 皮特 |
[28:03] | Just don’t be impatient. | 不要失去耐性 |
[28:04] | You know how this works from here on out. | 你知道我们行业的发展路径 |
[28:06] | We start with a bunch of piddly shit. | 开始都是些不起眼的小生意 |
[28:08] | Your Topaz, your White Knight Cologne. | 比如派氏裤袜 白骑士古龙水 |
[28:10] | We add your mid-sized stuff. Maybe Mohawk. | 然后是些中型的单子 比如莫霍克航空 |
[28:13] | We still got Vicks. That’s big. | 我们还有维克制药 那单子也不小 |
[28:15] | Next, we worm our way into a few niche companies, | 然后我们再慢慢找一些合适的公司 |
[28:18] | get something sexy in a good neighborhood, a pharmaceutical. | 做些高档房地产广告 再深入制药领域 |
[28:21] | Maybe if God is gracious, a car. | 如果上天眷顾 也做些汽车行业的广告 |
[28:23] | And then we go public, | 然后我们就上市 |
[28:27] | open an office in Buenos Aires, | 然后在布宜诺斯艾利斯开分公司 |
[28:28] | and Elvis plays at Tammy’s sweet 16. | 让猫王在塔米的16岁生日会上唱歌 |
[28:32] | Kenny Cosgrove writes another great American novel. | 肯尼·科斯格罗夫 信口开河 胡说八道 |
[28:35] | You know it didn’t hurt to have Roger warm them up. | 其实让罗杰去暖暖场也无碍大局的 |
[28:37] | There’s no one better at turning a meeting into a bender. | 他最擅长把商务会谈变成私人狂欢 |
[28:40] | And they love his pickled guts. | 他们还喜欢他那酒量 |
[28:44] | Am I going to see you at Chez Draper on Saturday? | 那我们礼拜六唐的生日派对上见 |
[28:47] | I wish I could get overtime for it. | 去参加有加班费就好了 |
[29:00] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[29:02] | – We’re almost done, actually. – Do you need her? | -快完了 -你们还需要她吗 |
[29:06] | No, it’s okay. It’ll be here in the morning. | 没事 我们可以明天早上再做 |
[29:08] | – Great. – Big weekend plans? | -很好 -周末有”精彩安排”吗 |
[29:14] | It’s Tuesday. I don’t know. | 今天才礼拜二 暂时不知道 |
[29:16] | I was talking about me. | 我在说我呢 |
[29:18] | My cousin’s coming in. | 我表弟要过来 |
[29:20] | Stan, assume that you’re working. | 斯坦 专心工作 |
[29:26] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[29:29] | You’re amazing. | 你真会说话 |
[29:31] | It could have been worse. | 幸好我忍住了 |
[29:33] | I almost said, “I’m sorry I can’t make it.” | 我差点就说 “不好意思 我无法参加” |
[29:35] | You’re not going? | 你不去吗 |
[29:36] | No, my cousin’s on shore leave. | 不行 我表弟请的是海员上岸假期 |
[29:37] | He’s only got two days. | 他只能休息两天 |
[29:39] | A little notice would have been nice. | 提前暗示他一下会比较好 |
[29:41] | I would have loved to have seen the look on Don’s face. | 我真想看看唐听到之后的表情 |
[29:43] | You almost just saw it. | 你刚刚差点就看到了 |
[29:47] | Like we have nothing else to do. | 就跟我们没事做一样 |
[29:49] | Did you believe him in there? | 他之前在会议室的态度真让人难以置信 |
[29:51] | The guy didn’t like it. What was he supposed to say? | 客户不喜欢那个方案 他还能说什么 |
[29:54] | What he usually says. | 跟以前一样啊 |
[29:56] | “Hey, buddy, you got such great ideas, open your own agency.” | “老兄 你那么会提创意 自己去开广告公司吧” |
[29:59] | The clients are right all of a sudden? | 怎么突然客户说什么都是对的了 |
[30:00] | I don’t recognize that man. | 我都快不认识他了 |
[30:02] | He’s kind and patient. | 他变得心平气和了 |
[30:05] | And it galls you. | 所以你觉得不爽 |
[30:08] | No, it concerns me. | 不 我是有点担心 |
[30:12] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[30:14] | I’ve got tickets to the bean ballet | 我搞到了”豆之芭蕾”的票 |
[30:15] | and the curtain’s about to go up. | 马上就要开幕了 |
[30:19] | Never gets old. | 老笑料了 |
[30:39] | You’re home late. | 你回来晚了 |
[30:45] | I thought I was going to have to walk home from the station, | 我还以为只能从车站走回家了 |
[30:47] | but luckily there was a cab driver leaving a bar. | 幸好有个出租车司机从酒吧走出来 |
[30:52] | How was your day? | 今天还顺利吧 |
[30:54] | I didn’t want to disturb you. | 我不想让你心烦 |
[30:58] | This becomes a home the minute you walk through that door. | 你回来了 家才是家 |
[31:02] | There’s no fruit to my labor, tweety. | 我工作没有得到相应的回报 亲爱的 |
[31:05] | Well, I suppose none of this counts– | 你拥有很多比工作更重要的东西 |
[31:07] | An acre of land, a wife, a child. | 你有安身之所 有妻子 有孩子 |
[31:09] | That has nothing to do with work. | 完全是与工作无关的 |
[31:14] | I’m ungrateful. | 我太不懂感恩了 |
[31:16] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:18] | Dissatisfaction is a symptom of ambition. | 永不知足是伟大抱负的特征 |
[31:21] | It’s the coal that fuels the fire. You know that. | 那正是激励你前进的动力 你知道的 |
[31:28] | Do you really want a dog? | 你真的想要一只狗吗 |
[31:31] | Maybe just a beagle to scare off gophers. | 有只小猎犬来吓跑地鼠就成 |
[31:35] | We’ll see. | 再说吧 |
[31:37] | Oh, luckily my parents can baby-sit Saturday. | 我爸妈周六可以来照看孩子 |
[31:40] | Now tell me the truth. | 你跟我说实话 |
[31:42] | Did Megan really just invite you today? | 梅根今天才邀请你的吗 |
[31:43] | She did. I don’t know about everyone else. | 是的 我不知道她何时邀请其他人的 |
[31:46] | Well, she’s very impulsive. We know that. | 她想到什么立刻就会做 我们都知道 |
[31:50] | I have to go to bed. Tammy will be up in a hour. | 我得去睡觉了 塔米一个小时之后准醒 |
[31:52] | Go ahead. | 快去吧 |
[32:19] | Attention, party guests. | 注意了 各位宾客们 |
[32:22] | Hello. | 喂 |
[32:26] | We’re T-minus five minutes or so. | 他们大概5分钟后就到了 |
[32:29] | So if we can bring things down to a sotto voce, | 如果大家能放低些音量的话 |
[32:33] | that would help. | 将有利于制造惊喜气氛 |
[32:35] | I’m gonna turn off the lights. | 我去关灯 |
[32:36] | No! | 不要啊 |
[32:39] | Well, fine. Just keep it down. | 好吧 那大家就小点儿声说话吧 |
[32:43] | My God, is he queer. | 天啊 他是个基佬吧 |
[32:45] | He reminds me of Lane’s brother. | 他让我想起了莱恩的弟弟 |
[32:59] | Finally. | 总算到家了 |
[33:00] | We’re gonna go inside in a second. | 马上就进屋了 |
[33:03] | You’re the one that dragged me out at the restaurant. | 是你火急火燎地把我从餐馆拽出来的 |
[33:06] | Come on. | 快进来吧 |
[33:14] | You have to knock. | 你得先敲门 |
[33:16] | – You have to knock to get in. – What if it’s started already? | -得先敲门才能进去 -要是已经开始了呢 |
[33:18] | It doesn’t matter if it’s started, you still have to knock. | 开始了也没关系 你总归还是要敲门的啊 |
[33:24] | No. | 不 |
[33:25] | We were just in the neighborhood. | 我们只是在附近闲逛 |
[33:27] | And my mother always said never show up empty-handed. | 我妈妈说过永远不要空手拜访 |
[33:33] | Oh, damn it. | 糟糕 |
[33:36] | No. | 不 |
[33:38] | Calice. | 天啊 |
[33:47] | Surprise. | 惊喜! |
[33:51] | Sorry, I blew it in the hall. | 抱歉 我刚在走廊给泄密了 |
[33:55] | But I am very surprised. | 但我还是很惊讶啊 |
[34:07] | Don. | 唐 |
[34:10] | I have to say that I am honored | 我必须说我很荣幸 |
[34:13] | and touched to be included in this group of intimates. | 也很感动能成为你的密友之一 |
[34:17] | And I predicted this, did I not? This. | 我猜的没错吧 二位天作之合 |
[34:26] | Who is this? | 这位是… |
[34:27] | Oh, that’s my wife. | 是我夫人 |
[34:31] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[34:33] | The domino theory is not a joke. | 多米诺骨牌理论不是胡扯的 |
[34:36] | The Vietnamese are fighting a civil war. | 越南人打的是内战 |
[34:39] | There is no monolithic communism. | 没有什么大规模的共产主义浪潮 |
[34:41] | – It’s an excuse. – Really? | -那只是个借口 -是吗 |
[34:43] | Come on, Bert. It’s for profit. | 伯特 醒醒吧 都是为了利益 |
[34:47] | Bombs are the perfect product. | 炸弹是最好的产品 |
[34:48] | They cost a fortune and you only use them once. | 造价昂贵 却只能用一次 |
[34:50] | So I suppose this young man here | 所以我猜测这个年轻人 |
[34:52] | is coming home in a bag for nothing. | 回到家口袋里肯定空空如也 |
[34:54] | If he’s lucky. | 能平安回家已算走运 |
[34:55] | You ever read “Johnny got his gun”? | 你读过《强尼上战场》吗[反战小说] |
[34:56] | No eyes, no ears, no nose, | 他失去了眼睛 耳朵 鼻子 |
[34:58] | tapping out his last wishes in morse code with his deformed head. | 脑袋炸的变了形 用摩斯密码发出他最后的心愿 |
[35:04] | I thought there were gonna be girls here. | 我以为会有很多漂亮姑娘来呢 |
[35:14] | For purely selfish reasons, | 出于我自私的想法 |
[35:15] | I want to thank you for excluding Joan. | 我真心感谢你没叫琼 |
[35:18] | I would have had to buy earplugs for the ride home. | 否则我得去买副耳塞了 回家路上准被简唠叨死 |
[35:20] | It wasn’t up to me. Can’t you tell? | 又不是我决定的 你还看不出来吗 |
[35:27] | Hell of a party. Jennifer couldn’t make it. | 真棒的派对 詹妮弗来不了 |
[35:30] | – I’m sorry to hear that. – No, she couldn’t get a date. | -真遗憾啊 -不必 因为她找不到男伴 |
[35:35] | Anyway, I know she said no gifts, | 我知道她说不需要送礼 |
[35:37] | but I got you this. | 但我带了这个给你 |
[35:39] | Open it. | 打开看看 |
[35:43] | You don’t have to if you don’t want to. | 如果你不想打开就算了 |
[35:45] | It’s a silver-handled walking stick. | 是一个银把手的拐杖 |
[35:47] | Oh, look, he got you a cane. | 看啊 他送了你根拐棍 |
[35:49] | Don Ameche has one. | 唐·阿米契也有一根[好莱坞明星] |
[35:50] | It’s a Steinway walking stick. | 是施坦威牌手杖 |
[35:52] | You could stick it up your ass and have a concert. | 你可以将之插进你的屁股 去听场音乐会 |
[35:55] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[35:57] | Oh, my god, really? | 天啊 真的吗 |
[35:59] | Oh, a negro homosexual, | 一个黑人同性恋 |
[36:01] | a Canadian sexpot and unaccompanied redhead. | 一个加拿大性感女孩 加一个无伴的红发女郎 |
[36:05] | I think this may be my key demographic. | 我刚好可以去好好畅谈一番 |
[36:12] | Don’t. Just leave it alone. | 不要 随他们去吧 |
[36:14] | I know. You’re wondering what they’re laughing about. | 我知道你在好奇他们在笑什么 |
[36:20] | It’s not you. | 肯定不是笑你 |
[36:32] | Well, I for one think you’re very brave, Megan. | 梅根 我觉得好勇敢啊 |
[36:35] | My mother always said | 我妈妈常说 |
[36:37] | a woman should surprise her husband every day. | 女人每天都该让丈夫感到惊喜 |
[36:40] | That’s why they had no lock on the WC. | 所以厕所才没有锁 |
[36:43] | It’s true. | 没错 |
[36:47] | Look at you delivering drinks. | 看看你 开始端茶送水了 |
[36:49] | We should get you a pair of roller skates. | 我们真该给你配上一双轮滑鞋 |
[36:50] | Roger, I didn’t know you were invited. | 罗杰 我不知道你也被邀请了啊 |
[36:52] | Or did you just hear I was coming and show up? | 难道你是听说我会来 才决定来凑热闹的吗 |
[36:57] | Is he going bald? | 他是不是快秃顶了 |
[37:06] | It just goes on and on. | 派对气氛真热烈 |
[37:08] | It’s beautiful, but it’s very loud. | 他们家很美 但也很吵 |
[37:10] | Listen, you can hear the traffic even over this party. | 音乐如此大声 却还能听到车鸣 |
[37:13] | I know. | 是啊 |
[37:14] | Who cares? I just want to take my pants off | 谁在乎呢 我真想把裤子脱了 |
[37:16] | and slide my ass on the carpeting. | 光着屁股坐在地毯上 |
[37:20] | How’s the summer treating you? | 今夏过得如何啊 |
[37:21] | Well, it’s been good because it’s been bad. | 很好 时局不顺 正好可以大做文章 |
[37:23] | What do you do exactly? | 你是做什么的 |
[37:25] | He’s a journalist. | 他是个记者 |
[37:26] | Underground papers mostly. | 基本上都是给地下小报卖命 |
[37:28] | You may not have seen it. | 估计您是没看过 |
[37:30] | And what exactly has been bad? | 那你说的时局不顺具体指什么 |
[37:32] | Well, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[37:33] | Four riots in three cities in two months. | 两个月内在3个城市发生了4场暴乱 |
[37:37] | It is terrible. | 确实很糟糕 |
[37:38] | And lord knows the police aren’t much help. | 上帝也知道警察根本没起什么作用 |
[37:41] | I was raised sex, politics, and religion aren’t party talk. | 长辈们从小就教导我不该在派对上谈论性 政治和宗教 |
[37:45] | Well, what does that leave? | 那还剩下什么可谈啊 |
[37:47] | I don’t know. Alcohol and work? | 不知道 酒精和工作吗 |
[37:52] | Trudes, which one is Jane Sterling again? | 特鲁迪 哪一个是简·斯特林来着 |
[37:55] | Mm, the glamour puss with the tan. | 那个棕色皮肤 光彩熠熠的小妞 |
[38:00] | Marry early and often. | 结婚早离得快啊 |
[38:04] | We’re thinking about smoking some tea with Megan’s friends out there. | 我们打算待会儿和梅根的朋友抽些烟茶 |
[38:07] | Will you keep an eye out for Don? | 你帮忙观察一下唐的反应好吗 |
[38:08] | As long as you’re just thinking about it. | 既然你这么想了 |
[38:10] | You should join us. | 你应该和我们一起去 |
[38:11] | Kenny gets brave and recites poems. | 肯尼借酒壮胆 吟诵诗歌 |
[38:13] | And she thinks they’re good. | 她也觉得我背的还成 |
[38:22] | Oh, absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[38:23] | Megan was the best waitress they ever had. | 梅根曾是他们雇过的最棒的服务员 |
[38:25] | No, but I did get the best tips. | 才不是 但我确实拿了最多的小费 |
[38:27] | How did you manage that? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[38:28] | She laid on that accent. | 法式口音帮了她不少忙啊 |
[38:30] | You know, she’s a really good actress. | 她是一个非常棒的女演员 |
[38:33] | Not good enough, obviously. | 很明显 尚不够优秀啊 |
[38:35] | – Julia, come here for a second. – Hello there. | -朱丽叶 过来一下 -你们好啊 |
[38:40] | – Glad you could come. – Great party. | -感谢你们能来捧场 -派对太棒了 |
[38:42] | You got a great spread here. | 你的生日宴办得很棒 |
[38:47] | I just wanted to make sure we said hi. | 我们就是来打个招呼 |
[38:49] | I can’t stay that long. | 我可能不能呆很久 |
[38:51] | I have to go back and redo the Heinz pitch. | 我还得赶回去重新做亨氏的广告案 |
[38:55] | But I guess you know that. | 但我猜你很清楚那事的 |
[39:00] | Come on, Don. | 唐 我们走吧 |
[39:06] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[39:08] | Was that bad? | 刚才是不是很糟糕啊 |
[39:10] | Hell, look who you’re talking to. How do I know? | 瞧瞧你是在跟谁说话 我怎么知道 |
[39:16] | Okay, everyone. | 请大家安静一下 |
[39:17] | My friends. | 朋友们 |
[39:20] | First of all, I wanted to thank you all for coming. | 首先 我感谢各位的大驾光临 |
[39:22] | And second of all, | 其次呢 |
[39:24] | I think I’ve had just enough to drink | 我觉得我醉的程度刚刚好 |
[39:26] | that I’m ready to give my own present to the birthday boy. | 也准备好给我的小寿星送出生日礼物了 |
[39:31] | Thank you. Thank you all for coming. | 谢谢 谢谢大家的光临 |
[39:33] | I think we should call it a night. | 是不是该说晚安了啊 |
[39:35] | Absolutely not, Don. | 那可不行 唐 |
[39:38] | You stay there. | 你给我坐好了 |
[39:40] | Did you buy him a pony? | 你是不是给他买了个小马驹啊 |
[39:49] | Un, deux, trois, quatre. | 一 二 三 四 |
[41:35] | Happy Birthday, baby. | 生日快乐 宝贝儿 |
[41:44] | Why don’t you sing like that? | 你怎么不会像她那样风情万种地唱歌 |
[41:46] | Why don’t you look like him? | 你怎么不长得像他一样帅呢 |
[41:57] | Je m’appelle Roger. | 我叫罗杰 |
[42:00] | – If I may raise a glass. – Happy Birthday, Don! | -允许我举杯庆祝 -唐 生日快乐 |
[42:05] | As I was saying– | 我本想说 |
[42:06] | to Megan | 谢谢梅根 |
[42:08] | for letting us see the Don Draper smile | 让我们看到了唐·德雷柏 |
[42:10] | usually reserved for clients. | 通常只对客户才会露出的笑容 |
[42:12] | Hear, hear! | 说得好 |
[42:14] | And to Don, you lucky so and so. | 祝唐 你实在是太幸运了 |
[42:20] | As a wise man once said, | 智者曾有言 |
[42:22] | the only thing worse than not getting what you want | 最可恨的 不是自己未得偿所愿 |
[42:25] | is someone else getting it. | 而是别人得到了你未能得到的 |
[42:33] | Okay, now, no one has called and complained, | 好吧 既然没有邻居报警抗议噪音 |
[42:35] | so there’s no reason everyone shouldn’t dance. | 那就是完全没有理由不跳舞吧 |
[43:00] | I should probably clean up. | 我该去清扫一下了 |
[43:02] | Leave it for the girl. | 等明天女仆来打扫吧 |
[43:04] | She doesn’t come till Monday. | 她要周一才能来 |
[43:07] | Call her and have her come tomorrow. | 给她打电话让她明天就来 |
[43:10] | And Monday. | 星期一也来 |
[43:11] | Problem solved. | 问题解决了 |
[43:14] | Did you have fun? | 你开心吗 |
[43:17] | Move over. | 过去点儿 |
[43:19] | No, I just want to sleep. | 不 我只想睡觉 |
[43:21] | Oh, come on. I know you had a good time. I can see it. | 别装了 我知道你挺开心的 我看得出来 |
[43:26] | I don’t want to talk. I just want to go to sleep. | 我不想说话 我只想睡觉 |
[43:39] | Don’t waste money on things like that. | 别在这些没用的事情上花钱 |
[43:43] | It was my money | 都是我的钱啊 |
[43:44] | and you don’t get to decide what I do with it. | 你不能决定我怎样花我的钱呀 |
[43:47] | Well, could you please not use it to embarrass me again? | 那你能不能别再花钱让我难堪了行吗 |
[43:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[43:54] | I know why you’re upset. | 我知道你为什么不高兴 |
[43:56] | You’re 40. | 因为你40岁了 |
[43:58] | I’ve been 40 for half a year. | 我半年前就40岁了 |
[44:00] | When is that gonna stop? Only you know that. | 你能不能别再提那事了 只有你知道真相 |
[44:03] | This is your birthday now. | 今天就是你的生日了 |
[44:06] | Fine, I don’t like my birthday. | 好吧 我不喜欢我的生日 |
[44:11] | I told you, I never had it when I was growing up | 我跟你说过 我小时候从来没过过生日 |
[44:13] | and I’ve never wanted it since. | 长大以后也从来不想了 |
[44:17] | You never had a birthday? | 你从没过过生日吗 |
[44:19] | Didn’t Betty ever throw you a party? | 贝蒂从没给你办过生日派对吗 |
[44:21] | No, because I forbid it. | 没有 因为我不让她办 |
[44:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[44:25] | I don’t need to be the center of attention. | 我不需要成为众人瞩目的焦点 |
[44:28] | You love attention. | 你喜欢被重视的感觉 |
[44:30] | You twitched every time I talked to another person. | 每次我一和别人交谈你就变得很焦躁 |
[44:35] | More people feel the way I do than the way you do. | 我的反应才是常人应该有的反应 |
[44:39] | Where’s your research? | 从何得出的结论 |
[44:43] | Fine, I’m 40. | 好 我40了 |
[44:46] | It’s too late. | 已经太迟了 |
[44:51] | Nobody loves Dick Whitman. | 没人爱迪克·惠特曼 |
[44:55] | I love you. | 但我爱你 |
[44:57] | That’s why I threw you a party. | 所以我才给你办一个生日派对 |
[45:06] | I’m going to sleep. | 我要睡觉了 |
[45:08] | You can do what you want. | 你请便吧 |
[46:21] | Excuse me. Someone’s left– | 不好意思 有人遗失了… |
[46:23] | There’s a wallet here from some previous passenger. | 发现了个钱包 应该是之前的乘客遗失的 |
[46:26] | Oh, I’ll turn it in to dispatch. They got a lost and found. | 我交到调度中心去 那有个失物招领处 |
[46:34] | There’s close to $100. | 里面有差不多100美元 |
[46:35] | Yeah, it happens all the time. | 是啊 常有的事 |
[46:42] | I’d– I’d feel better | 我觉得最好还是 |
[46:45] | if I saw to its return. | 我亲手将它归还给失主 |
[46:49] | You’re putting me in a jam here. | 你这样让我很难办啊 |
[46:51] | The guy’s gonna call looking for it. | 失主会打电话来找的 |
[46:58] | That’s me. | 我的名片 |
[47:03] | You know what? You do what you got to do, mister. | 这样吧 你自己看着办吧 先生 |
[47:07] | Oh, that’s for you. | 找零你留着吧 |
[47:21] | High tides and heavy surf | 惊涛与巨浪 |
[47:23] | battered the coast of North Carolina day. | 近日不断冲击北卡罗来纳州的海岸线 |
[47:25] | Force 40 winds and heavy rain forced evacuation | 随即而来的强风和暴雨将迫使 |
[47:28] | along the coast as far inland as three miles. | 海岸线近内陆三公里地区的人员进行撤离 |
[48:07] | That was quite a soiree. | 昨晚的派对真是不错 |
[48:09] | Did Masters and Johnson come in yet? | 麦斯特和约翰逊来了没有 |
[48:09] | [麦斯特和约翰逊是当时盛名的性爱大师 此处指梅根和唐] | |
[48:11] | They haven’t passed by. | 尚未见到他们 |
[48:14] | I should come and sit down, | 我就该坐在这里等着 |
[48:15] | so I can see them slink in in shame. | 看他们面带羞色 偷偷溜过 |
[48:18] | You seem to be in fine spirits. | 你今天似乎心情不错啊 |
[48:20] | Well, I didn’t get into too much trouble on Saturday. | 说起来 上周六也”不算”给我惹了什么大麻烦 |
[48:23] | Plus, Mohawk called me at home this morning. | 今早莫霍克航空公司又往我家打了通电话 |
[48:30] | I hate to interrupt, Mr. Pryce, | 打扰了 普莱斯先生 |
[48:32] | but I have your wife. | 但您夫人在线上等着 |
[48:34] | – Which line? – Three. | -几号线 -3号 |
[48:36] | – It’s blinking. – They’re all blinking. | -闪着的那号线 -都闪着呢 |
[48:38] | – Three. – If you don’t mind. | -3号 -不好意思 |
[48:41] | I’ve called a partners’ meeting. | 我已经召集好要开个合伙人会议 |
[48:46] | Hello, dearest. | 好啊 亲爱的 |
[48:48] | Look, I know you were upset when you left, | 听着 我知道你离开时很不高兴 |
[48:50] | and perhaps I’m overreacting. | 或许是我反应过度 |
[48:53] | Becca, dear, | 贝卡 亲爱的 |
[48:55] | this is why I don’t like you opening the mail. | 正因如此我才不希望你拆开邮件 |
[48:57] | I only want to ensure that Nigel is enrolled in the fall. | 我只想确保奈吉今年秋天能够入学 |
[49:00] | Nigel’s enrollment isn’t an issue whether we pay now or not. | 不管我们现在付不付钱 奈吉的入学都不会受影响的 |
[49:04] | Then why would they attach | 那他们为什么要给账单 |
[49:05] | such a threatening letter to a bill? | 附上这样一封言辞胁迫的信 |
[49:07] | Wouldn’t you rather have your | 如果你是他们的话 |
[49:08] | money in June than September if you were them? | 你是想六月就拿到钱还是等到九月 |
[49:11] | Well, I worry about them saving his spot for him, | 我只是担心他们会不会给他保留个名额 |
[49:14] | especially with his marks. | 何况他成绩不那么理想 |
[49:18] | I assure you that St. Paul’s is aware | 我向你保证圣保罗学校是知道 |
[49:20] | that we plan on having him return | 我们计划让他回去读书的 |
[49:22] | and simply wishes to earn whatever interest they can | 我只是想在未来的三个月里 |
[49:25] | on the full amount for the next three months. | 能够把全额利息赚回来罢了 |
[49:28] | Couldn’t you spare that interest | 你就不能放弃那点利息 |
[49:30] | in exchange for my peace of mind? | 换颗定心丸让我安心吗 |
[49:38] | Lane, darling? | 莱恩 亲爱的 |
[49:40] | What? I’m sorry. I didn’t get that last bit. | 什么 抱歉 最后一句没听清楚 |
[49:43] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[49:44] | Don’t forget to get the name of Megan’s real estate agent. | 别忘了去问下梅根的房产中介的名字 |
[49:47] | Yes, dear. | 好的 亲爱的 |
[49:49] | And her decorator. | 以及她室内设计师的名字 |
[49:58] | Oh, Apolo, you’re so good with him. | 阿波罗 你真会带小孩 |
[50:02] | Oh, I wasn’t expecting you back so soon. | 真没想到你这么快就回来了 |
[50:05] | First in line at the post office. | 第一次在邮局里排队 |
[50:07] | – It wasn’t that bad. – Hello, Miss Joan. | -也不算很糟 -你好 琼小姐 |
[50:10] | Sink is draining. | 水池被堵住了 |
[50:12] | Turns out it was a lemon peel. | 罪魁祸首是片柠檬 |
[50:15] | I’m sure you know we’re appreciative, | 你知道我们对此感激不尽 |
[50:16] | but mother and I have so much to do. | 但我妈和我还有些事情要忙 |
[50:19] | I am busy, busy, too. | 我也有活要去忙呢 |
[50:20] | Oh, you don’t have to rush off. | 不用这么急着走啊 |
[50:22] | He doesn’t have to rush off, does he? | 他不用这么急着走 是吗 |
[50:25] | When you need Apolo, you call Apolo. | 需要阿波罗 随叫随到 |
[50:33] | I want him to hear– | 我就是想让他听到 |
[50:35] | That was just rude. | 你那样太没礼貌了 |
[50:37] | It is one thing to have him work here, | 请他来这里干活是一码事 |
[50:39] | it is another thing to give him cake and my baby. | 抱着我的宝宝吃蛋糕 就是另一码事了 |
[50:43] | His fingers have been in every toilet from here to the Bowery. | 他的手可摸遍了大街小道的所有厕所啊 |
[50:47] | He brought the cookies. | 糕点是他带来的 |
[50:49] | If you want to go on a date with him, just ask. | 你要是想跟他约会 直接去约他 |
[50:52] | He’s married with four children. | 他已婚 都有4个孩子了 |
[50:54] | I’m just making sure this apartment gets his attention. | 我只想确保他能对我们家多关照一些 |
[50:57] | This apartment has never had any trouble getting his attention. | 不用你花心思 他也会对我们家多关照的 |
[51:00] | Yes, Joanie. Everyone’s staring at you. | 那是 琼 大家都爱看你倾国倾城之姿 |
[51:03] | You know you’re not exactly at your fighting weight. | 你现在身材大变样 真要吵架动粗你是不行了 |
[51:06] | Try me. | 试试看 |
[51:08] | You asked me to come out here. | 是你让我过来帮忙的 |
[51:09] | You can go home any time you want. | 你想走就走 门开着呢 |
[51:12] | You should think before you say that. | 你说话前可要想清楚 |
[51:15] | I got my money’s worth. | 我的薪水可以养活我自己 |
[51:18] | Well, I wasn’t going to show you this. | 好吧 本来我是不准备给你看这个的 |
[51:26] | 不分肤色 机会均等 | |
[51:29] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 根本毫无道理啊 |
[51:33] | Look, I’m sure it’s not the way anyone wants you to find out. | 大家肯定也不希望你通过这种方式获悉 |
[51:36] | No, it’s not in the want ads. | 不 都没有登在招聘版面 |
[51:38] | And, honestly, they don’t have the money for more people. | 说实在的 他们也没有钱再雇其他人了 |
[51:40] | It’s not more people. It’s you. | 不是雇其他人 是替代你 |
[51:43] | You love stirring the shit. | 你天生就是根搅屎棍 |
[51:47] | I am telling you something you don’t want to hear. | 每次我一说你不爱听的话 |
[51:50] | And you are making this very painful for me. | 你就对我恶语中伤 |
[51:53] | Megan Draper just invited me to her party. | 梅根·德雷柏刚还邀请我去她的派对 |
[51:56] | At the very last minute. | 最后时刻才想起你 |
[51:57] | Don’t tell me that girl’s not conniving. | 别跟我说她完全不知情 |
[51:59] | You think she wants you around her husband? | 你以为她愿意让你在她丈夫身边晃悠吗 |
[52:04] | I’m going to lie down. | 我要去躺一会儿 |
[52:07] | Sometimes life makes decisions for you. | 有时候生活由不得你做选择 |
[52:23] | – Have a good day. – Okay. | -工作愉快 -好 |
[52:32] | – Bonjour. – I know your birthday was last week, | -你好 -我知道你生日是上周的事了 |
[52:35] | and I was told you don’t celebrate it and not to bring it up. | 别人也跟我说不能庆祝 也不能提起 |
[52:37] | Now I feel like I got caught with my pants down, | 现在我觉得自己处境有些尴尬 |
[52:39] | so I got you a little something. | 就给你准备了一个小礼物 |
[52:42] | It’s a plant. | 一株植物 |
[52:44] | I just wanted to say Happy Birthday. | 就想祝你生日快乐 |
[52:46] | Kiss-ass. | 马屁精 |
[52:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[53:02] | I can get you some coffee, but there’s a partners’ meeting. | 我本想给你杯咖啡 不过有合伙人会议 |
[53:05] | – Nobody’s there. – It’s in Mr. Campbell’s office. | -那边没人啊 -在坎贝尔先生的办公室 |
[53:08] | – You want to smile? – Is it your obituary? | -笑一笑好吗 -上面有你的讣告吗 |
[53:11] | No, it’s the little salt we rubbed in Y&R’s wound. | 不 是我们在扬&罗必凯公司的伤口上撒的盐 |
[53:18] | It’s beautiful, no? | 感觉很美妙吧 |
[53:20] | – That’s Mr. Campbell. – Shall we? | -坎贝尔先生打来的 -走吗 |
[53:27] | What? | 什么事 |
[53:29] | We don’t make fun of each other’s wives here. Understood? | 办公室里不要拿妻子开玩笑 明白吗 |
[53:33] | Come on, I wasn’t making fun of her. | 好了 我没有拿她开玩笑 |
[53:35] | I was making fun of you. You’re happy. | 我在拿你开玩笑 你太幸福了 |
[53:37] | – I am. – Well, I want you to be happy. | -的确 -好啊 我就希望你能幸福 |
[53:40] | Somebody should be. | 总归有人要幸福吧 |
[53:43] | You know, two weeks ago, | 知道吗 两周前 |
[53:45] | Jane asked me, “Which one’s Mussolini?” | 简问我 “墨索里尼是谁啊” |
[53:50] | No, it’s good. She’s a great girl. | 不过还好 她算是个好姑娘 |
[53:52] | They’re all great girls. At least until they want something. | 一开始都是好姑娘 慢慢就欲求不满了 |
[53:58] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[53:59] | They’re just leaving now. | 他们刚起身 |
[54:01] | What, did they stop for a drink? | 怎么 他们中途去喝了杯酒吗 |
[54:04] | Well, why don’t you get off your rear, | 你为什么不放下听筒 |
[54:06] | find them, and tell them I’m about– | 找到他们 告诉他们我就要… |
[54:07] | They’re here. | 他们到了 |
[54:12] | Gentlemen, if you could slide over a bit. | 先生们 麻烦你们往那里挪一挪 |
[54:14] | – A marvelous fete. – Oh, yes. | -真是欢聚一堂 -对了 |
[54:16] | I have instructions from Trudy to thank both of you. | 特鲁迪让我要好好感谢各位 |
[54:21] | – Why are we meeting in here? – Why are we here? | -为什么到这里开会 -为什么要开会 |
[54:24] | Please don’t smoke in here. | 请不要在这里吸烟 |
[54:25] | I spent the morning choking on the train. | 早晨我在列车上已经呛了一路了 |
[54:33] | So, Mohawk is coming in. I’ve brought them in. | 莫霍克航空公司谈妥了 我拿下的单子 |
[54:37] | – What do you know about that? – That’s great news. | -你怎么知道的 -是个好消息 |
[54:39] | – When? – I don’t know. | -什么时候 -我不清楚 |
[54:41] | All I was thinking is that I bring Henry and Jack in here | 我就是想邀请亨利和杰克来此 |
[54:43] | to this very gathering of individuals, but I have one question. | 也就是大家此刻集聚的地方 不过有个问题 |
[54:48] | Where are they going to sit? | 届时他们要坐在哪里 |
[54:50] | I mean, what kind of impression does this space give you? | 如此狭小的空间会给人留下什么印象 |
[54:53] | Do you gaze upon the cement column and think, | 你会凝视着这根水泥柱然后思索 |
[54:55] | “Yes, I believe success for me and my company dwells here.” | “我坚信我与我公司的成功必定基于此” |
[55:00] | Why don’t you take them to the conference room? | 你为什么不直接带他们去会议室 |
[55:01] | Because it’s not that meeting. | 因为我们的会谈还没那么正式 |
[55:03] | Fine, we’ll have it in my office. | 那好 去我办公室开吧 |
[55:05] | This does not involve you, Roger. | 这单生意没你什么事 罗杰 |
[55:07] | Nor does Vicks, Playtex, | 还有维克制药公司 倍得适 |
[55:09] | Life Cereal, Samsonite, | 新生活燕麦片 新秀丽 |
[55:11] | Sugarberry Ham, Secor Laxative. | 舒格伯里火腿 赛可通便剂 |
[55:14] | Need I go on? | 要我继续说吗 |
[55:17] | What are you suggesting? | 你到底在暗示什么 |
[55:18] | He’s suggesting that you give him your office. | 他在暗示 你要把你的办公室让给他 |
[55:22] | No, he’s not. | 不 他没这意思 |
[55:23] | – Yes, I am. – Well, forget it. | -是的 我就这意思 -那没门 |
[55:26] | Where am I supposed to conduct business? | 那我该在哪里洽谈业务呢 |
[55:28] | In the crapper for all I care. | 不如去厕所吧 |
[55:29] | I’m a full partner and you’re a junior. | 我是主要合伙人 你只是次要合伙人 |
[55:31] | So sorry, Charlie, but them’s the breaks. | 不好意思 嫩头青 认命吧 |
[55:35] | Gentlemen, I’m sure we can find an equitable solution to this. | 先生们 肯定有个两全其美的办法 |
[55:38] | – There’s no need for a row. – You’re right. | -没必要争吵伤了和气 -说得对 |
[55:40] | I say we put it to a vote. | 我提议我们该投票决议 |
[55:42] | I say we step outside. | 我提议我们该出门决斗 |
[55:51] | I didn’t think so. | 别不自量力了 |
[55:58] | Good work on Mohawk. | 莫霍克这单干得好 |
[55:59] | Thank you, but I’m dead serious about this. | 谢谢 不过这件事上我是很认真的 |
[56:03] | I have too much responsibility and too much business | 我肩负重任 有太多商务会谈 |
[56:05] | to apply my skills in this environment. | 必须有一个体面的办公环境 |
[56:09] | You all know it. | 你们心知肚明 |
[56:11] | We’ll buy more space. | 我们会换个更大的办公场地 |
[56:13] | – If we’re handing out offices… – Absolutely not. | -等到再分发办公室时 -绝对不行 |
[56:16] | I can’t extend our credit line any further. | 我不能让我们的信用额度一扩再扩了 |
[56:19] | It’ll work itself out. | 总会想到办法的 |
[56:23] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你了 |
[56:28] | When are they coming in? | 他们什么时候来 |
[56:30] | I’m still not sure they should, considering the situation. | 鉴于目前情况 我都不知道他们是否该来 |
[56:43] | Great party, Don. | 派对很棒 唐 |
[56:45] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[56:48] | I couldn’t sleep. | 想得我都睡不着了 |
[56:50] | Those tits and that mouth. | 那美胸 那性感的唇 |
[56:53] | She’s such a sex kitten. | 她可真是个性感尤物 |
[56:55] | That whole dance– how did he just sit there? | 那样一支舞 叫人怎能安坐不动 |
[56:58] | You can’t stand up once you get in that condition. | 那样的情况 一站起来就暴露坚挺的欲望了 |
[57:01] | I would have. I would just stood up | 我肯定会站起来 |
[57:02] | and grabbed her little French behind | 一把抓住她的法国小屁屁 |
[57:04] | and pushed her through those cheap post four walls. | 把她推倒在墙上那些廉价画上 |
[57:06] | – Hi, Megan. – Very funny. | -你好 梅根 -很好笑 |
[57:08] | God, what I would do to her. | 天 好想上她 |
[57:09] | Like what, for example? | 你想怎样上 |
[57:12] | I’ll tell you what. | 我跟你说 |
[57:13] | I would love to see those heels on my shoulder. | 我就想架起她的双腿在我肩上 |
[57:15] | Ooh, je voudrais mas Harry. | 让她欲罢不能 |
[57:19] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[57:21] | Great party. Thrilled to be included. | 派对很棒 很高兴能被邀请 |
[57:23] | Jennifer was very jealous. | 詹妮弗嫉妒死了 |
[57:29] | I think I’m gonna die. | 我要笑死了 |
[57:32] | You could have warned me! | 你该警告我的 |
[57:33] | I did! | 我说了 |
[57:43] | I have the owner of the wallet returning your call. | 钱包主人的回电 |
[57:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[57:48] | – Hello. – Hello, Mr. Pryce. | -你好 -你好 普莱斯先生 |
[57:50] | I’m calling for Alex Polito. | 我找艾力克斯·普利托 |
[57:53] | – And who is this? – This is his girl Delores. | -你哪位 -我是他女朋友德洛丽丝 |
[58:01] | When he comes into the office, | 等他到办公室 |
[58:03] | I think I should speak with him personally. | 我想先跟他单独谈谈 |
[58:05] | Oh, I’m not his secretary. I’m his girl. | 我不是他秘书 是他女朋友 |
[58:07] | I’m like his wife, but I can’t call myself that. | 差不多算是妻子了 只是尚未有名分 |
[58:14] | You don’t sound happy about that. | 你似乎有些郁闷啊 |
[58:16] | – Excuse me? – I’m married myself. | -你说什么 -我已婚了 |
[58:18] | Oh, good for you. What’s her name? | 不错啊 你妻子叫什么 |
[58:20] | Rebecca. Rebecca Pryce. | 瑞贝卡 瑞贝卡·普莱斯 |
[58:22] | Well, obviously. | 显然是随我的姓 |
[58:25] | – That’s a pretty name. – I suppose so. | -真是个好名字 -应该是吧 |
[58:28] | She enjoys it. | 她很喜欢 |
[58:31] | Do you think she’s home right now, | 你觉得她现在是在家 |
[58:33] | lying in bed, talking to a stranger? | 躺在床上 跟个陌生男人讲电话吗 |
[58:35] | Oh, I should hope not. | 希望不是 |
[58:38] | So– so you have Alex’s wallet? | 艾力克斯的钱包在你那对吧 |
[58:41] | Yes, I do. | 对 |
[58:44] | And where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[58:45] | I’m at my offices in midtown. | 在我市中心的办公室里 |
[58:47] | Oh, are you in big business? | 你是大老板吗 |
[58:50] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[58:52] | Are you in a big office building? | 是很大的办公大楼吗 |
[58:55] | Uh, yes. | 是 |
[58:59] | That’s why I don’t have the luxury | 所以我不能像你那么奢侈 |
[59:01] | of lying around at 11:00 in my underthings. | 能穿着内衣睡到早上11点 |
[59:05] | I didn’t tell you that part. | 我又没说 你怎么知道 |
[59:09] | You didn’t say I was incorrect, either. | 你也没说我是错的 |
[59:12] | Where the hell are you from? | 你的家乡是哪里 |
[59:14] | You sound like Cary Grant. | 听口音跟大明星加里·格兰特一样 |
[59:16] | I told you, midtown. | 我说过了 在市中心 |
[59:20] | Why don’t I– | 我为何要… |
[59:22] | Listen, I really should return this– you know, the wallet. | 好吧 我真的应该把钱包还给你的 |
[59:27] | I could slip it in the post or… | 我可以寄给你 |
[59:30] | Of course, you know, that has its disadvantages. | 当然你知道的 那样不大安全 |
[59:33] | There’s a bit of cash here. | 因为钱包里有现金 |
[59:35] | Or I could hand-deliver it. | 或者我亲手交给你吧 |
[59:38] | Is this a current address? | 能给我你的地址吗 |
[59:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[59:47] | I don’t know if that would be proper. | 我不知道这是否合适 |
[59:52] | No, of course. | 说的也是 |
[59:54] | Why don’t you meet me at my place of business? | 不然你到我办公室来吧 |
[59:58] | I’ll give you the address or have my secretary help you. | 我给你地址 或者让我秘书给你 |
[1:00:03] | Yeah. Why don’t we do that? | 好呀 就这样好了 |
[1:00:05] | And I’ll come by when I can. | 我会在方便的时候来 |
[1:00:07] | Well, I’ll be here the rest of my life. | 我将用我的余生等待 |
[1:00:13] | Uh, just a minute. | 稍等 我转过去 |
[1:00:19] | I look forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[1:00:20] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[1:00:22] | Toodle-loo. | 北北[再见] |
[1:00:24] | That’s cute. | 真可爱 |
[1:00:29] | Scarlett, would you give this woman directions to our office? | 斯嘉丽 给这位小姐我们办公室的地址 |
[1:00:32] | She’s on line three. | 她在3号线上 |
[1:00:56] | Mr. Crane. Mr. Sterling has requested you in his office. | 克雷恩先生 斯特林先生叫你去他办公室 |
[1:00:59] | – Is there a meeting? – He just– | -是要开会吗 -他没说 |
[1:01:03] | He just came over here, said he needed to see you | 他只是走过来 说他要见你 |
[1:01:05] | and walked away. | 然后就走了 |
[1:01:07] | – Why didn’t he come in? – I don’t know. | -他为什么不进来 -我不知道 |
[1:01:09] | He knows you’re in there. | 他知道你在的 |
[1:01:11] | Okay. Okay. Did you see him talking to Megan or Don? | 好吧 那你看到他跟梅根或唐说话了吗 |
[1:01:15] | I’ve been working. What did you do? | 我一直在忙工作 你又做了什么 |
[1:01:17] | Nothing! | 没什么 |
[1:01:33] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我 |
[1:01:35] | I did. | 对 |
[1:01:36] | Come in, have a seat. | 进来 坐 |
[1:01:38] | No, that’s okay. | 不用了 站着就好 |
[1:01:40] | I think you should have a seat. | 我觉得你还是坐下听比较好 |
[1:01:44] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:01:48] | Now, I think you know | 你知道的 |
[1:01:51] | that we like to think of this place as a family. | 我们乐于将公司视作家 |
[1:01:54] | And there are certain ways a family behaves. | 国有国法 家有家规 |
[1:01:57] | What did she say? You have to hear my side of it. | 她说我什么了 你不能听一面之辞 |
[1:02:01] | Your side of what? | 你想说什么 |
[1:02:02] | What– Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:02:04] | You’re always up to something, aren’t you, Crane? | 你总在想些乱七八糟的事 是吗 克雷恩 |
[1:02:07] | It was an honest mistake and I consider myself reprimanded. | 确实是我的错 我理应接受惩罚 |
[1:02:10] | Great. | 很好 |
[1:02:12] | I was thinking Pete could take your office. | 作为惩戒 你的办公室给皮特 |
[1:02:15] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[1:02:16] | Look, I will apologize face to face, | 我愿意当面跟她道歉 |
[1:02:19] | as horrible as that will be, but I think you’re– | 尽管那样也很难堪 但你… |
[1:02:22] | There’s no reason to let me go. | 你没理由让我走人 |
[1:02:26] | You’re not getting fired. | 我不是要解雇你 |
[1:02:29] | And what the hell did you do? | 你到底做什么了 |
[1:02:31] | I made fun of “Zou Bisou.” | 我取笑梅根唱的那歌 |
[1:02:34] | So did I. | 我也是 |
[1:02:36] | Is that a crime? No. | 那是犯罪吗 不是 |
[1:02:38] | I tried to get Jane to talk to me in that accent. | 我还想让简用那口音跟我讲话 |
[1:02:40] | Nothing doing. She doesn’t speak French. She doesn’t like me. | 没用 她不说法语 她不愿意讨好我 |
[1:02:44] | I went home after and Jennifer didn’t know what was coming. | 我回家后 詹妮弗不明白我为何情欲高涨 |
[1:02:47] | – I was like– – I don’t want to hear that. | -我就像… -我不想听那些 |
[1:02:49] | No, of course you don’t. Why would you? | 当然 没什么好听的 辱没您的耳根 |
[1:02:52] | Look, I think you can understand that Pete needs a bigger office. | 相信你能理解 皮特需要更大的办公室 |
[1:02:56] | And just between you, me, and the window washer, | 在你 我和擦窗工人间选一个让出来 |
[1:02:59] | it’s been decided that you should trade. | 最后决定是你 |
[1:03:03] | Who decided that? | 谁决定的 |
[1:03:04] | I did. | 我 |
[1:03:06] | I can’t do that. | 我不接受 |
[1:03:07] | And I don’t know that I have to do it. Do I? | 有什么理由要我必须让吗 有吗 |
[1:03:15] | Harry… | 哈里 |
[1:03:17] | I’m asking you as a friend. | 我以朋友的身份请求你让 |
[1:03:20] | And I appreciate that, Roger, I really do, but I need my office. | 我心领了 罗杰 但我的办公室不能让 |
[1:03:24] | Look, first of all, Pete’s office isn’t that different. | 首先 皮特的办公室跟你的差别不大 |
[1:03:26] | – I disagree. – Fine. | -我就是不同意 -好吧 |
[1:03:28] | Name the most important person you could bring into this office. | 说说你能为公司吸引到的最大牌的客户 |
[1:03:33] | [哥伦比亚广播公司(CBS)创始人 从1955年开始 CBS连续21年全美电视收视率第一] | |
[1:03:33] | William Paley. | 威廉·佩利 |
[1:03:35] | Okay, so you shouldn’t do that. | 很好 那你就更不该占据大办公室 |
[1:03:38] | Trust me, network and studio executives | 相信我 电视网和制片人希望 |
[1:03:40] | want to think you’re out there jet-setting, | 认为你整天忙得到处出差 |
[1:03:42] | rubbing shoulders with television stars and chorus girls. | 跟电视明星 歌舞女星来往密切 |
[1:03:46] | You should be talking to clients ringside | 你应该在拳击场跟客户谈生意 |
[1:03:49] | or at a three-star restaurant, | 出入三星餐馆 |
[1:03:50] | not coming into your miserable little office. | 而不是混迹于悲惨的小办公室里 |
[1:03:53] | But I do. I come in here almost every day. | 但我确实如此 几乎每天都来办公室 |
[1:03:55] | And Pete’s office is a shit hole with a support beam. | 而皮特的办公室只是有根支撑梁的洞 |
[1:03:59] | What if I were to make it worth your while? | 如果我能让你的付出值得呢 |
[1:04:02] | I’m already head of my department. | 我已经是部门经理了 |
[1:04:03] | What would be an appropriate bonus? | 若我给你适当奖金呢 |
[1:04:06] | There’s no bonuses. We have no money. | 哪里还有奖金 我们都没钱了 |
[1:04:08] | How much would it take? | 给多少奖金你愿意搬 |
[1:04:10] | Well, first of all, it’s more than you could have on you. | 首先 肯定要比你随身携带的要多 |
[1:04:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:04:17] | That’s $1,100. | 1100美金如何 |
[1:04:19] | Why do you carry so much cash? | 你为什么会带这么多现金 |
[1:04:21] | It’s more than 1,000, Harry. | 超过1000哦 哈里 |
[1:04:26] | That is a month’s salary | 是你一个月的工资 |
[1:04:29] | after taxes. | 税后的 |
[1:04:35] | There’s no window in there. | 那办公室连窗都没有 |
[1:04:37] | You could buy yourself a very beautiful picture of something to look at. | 你可以自己买副漂亮的画挂那儿欣赏 |
[1:04:45] | Well, okay. | 好吧 |
[1:04:47] | – But you’re gonna owe me. – No, I’m not. | -算你欠我个人情 -我不欠你 |
[1:04:50] | I just gave you a lot of money. | 我刚给了你一大笔钱 |
[1:04:51] | This is a transaction. And if you don’t like it, | 这是交易 若你不喜欢 |
[1:04:54] | we can have the conversation you thought we were having. | 我们可以谈谈你意淫梅根那件事 |
[1:04:58] | So this is every month? | 是每月都有奖金吗 |
[1:04:59] | Get the hell out of my office. | 给我滚出去 |
[1:05:29] | Excuse me. I’m sorry. | 打扰一下 抱歉 |
[1:05:31] | I’m Joan. | 我是琼 |
[1:05:33] | I’m Meredith. Can I help you? | 我是梅瑞迪斯 有事吗 |
[1:05:36] | Joan Harris. | 我是琼·哈里斯 |
[1:05:39] | I work here. | 我在这工作 |
[1:05:40] | Worked here. I’ve been on leave. | 是之前在此工作 我休产假了 |
[1:05:44] | Oh, Joan. | 哦 琼 |
[1:05:47] | My goodness. | 天呐 |
[1:05:49] | It’s hard to believe you just had a baby. | 真不敢相信你刚生了孩子 |
[1:05:52] | You don’t know where I started. | 不知道从何说起 |
[1:05:53] | Do you want me to announce you? | 要我帮你通报下吗 |
[1:05:55] | No, I’ll let myself in. | 不用 我自己进去 |
[1:05:57] | – Are you sure? – No one mentioned a new girl. | -确定吗 -没听说有新人加入呀 |
[1:06:00] | I guess they needed someone up here | 大概是前台缺人吧 |
[1:06:02] | because Scarlett is now covering Mr. Pryce, | 因为斯嘉丽现在是普莱斯先生的秘书 |
[1:06:05] | so that she can do the books with Clara. | 以便她和克莱拉一起处理文书工作 |
[1:06:09] | Well, now I can understand why I wasn’t told. | 怪不得没人告诉我 |
[1:06:12] | Oh, my God. My mouth. | 天呐 我太多话了 |
[1:06:15] | Could you just help me with the door? | 能帮我开下门吗 |
[1:06:19] | Oh, he’s adorable. | 他太可爱了 |
[1:06:23] | Please don’t be mad at me for telling you that. | 请别怪我在你面前乱说话 |
[1:06:26] | I’m very happy being nobody here. | 我很荣幸能在此做个小员工 |
[1:06:29] | I know a girl who had your job who ended up with everything. | 之前有个女孩也是前台 后来就攀上高枝了 |
[1:06:36] | Where would you like to visit first? | 你想先去哪间办公室 |
[1:06:38] | I suppose my office. | 当然是我的办公室 |
[1:06:40] | Yes, yes, absolutely. Joan. | 好 好 没问题 琼 |
[1:06:43] | My goodness, you look radiant. | 天呐 你真是容光焕发 |
[1:06:46] | – Can I see him? – I don’t see why not. | -我能看看宝宝吗 -当然可以 |
[1:06:49] | – Where’s Scarlett? – Go fetch Caroline. | -斯嘉丽在吗 -把卡罗琳找来 |
[1:06:52] | Joanie. | 琼妮 |
[1:06:55] | Look at you out and about. | 瞧你都出来四处转悠了 |
[1:06:57] | Yes, we’re gonna stop by the Copa later. | 我们待会儿去卡帕酒馆小坐一会儿 |
[1:06:59] | One of us badly needs a drink. | 我大概要借酒浇愁了 |
[1:07:02] | Lane made it very clear we’re not hiring anybody. | 莱恩不是明确说了不再招人吗 |
[1:07:05] | I don’t care how buxom his mother is. | 不管他妈妈多么丰腴动人都不行 |
[1:07:08] | Oh, Don. | 唐 |
[1:07:10] | – Look at that. – He’s okay. | -看呐 -他真乖 |
[1:07:18] | Hello, Megan. | 你好啊 梅根 |
[1:07:20] | Oh, hello, Joan. | 你好 琼 |
[1:07:27] | I’m sure I’m not ruining any surprises at this point, | 虽然惊喜派对已经办过了 但我还是想问 |
[1:07:29] | but how was your party? I’m sorry I missed it. | 派对办得如何 我很遗憾未能前往 |
[1:07:33] | Oh, he’s adorable. | 小宝宝太可爱了 |
[1:07:35] | Are we welcoming you back? | 你是今天回归岗位吗 |
[1:07:36] | – That was my impression. – Today? | -我记得似乎是的 -今天吗 |
[1:07:39] | – Do you want to hold him? – What? | -你想抱抱他吗 -什么 |
[1:07:47] | He’s a little cabbage. | 他真招人爱 |
[1:07:49] | Mon petit chou. | 我的小心肝儿 |
[1:07:52] | It’s just a matter of time, Don. | 你们很快也会有了哦 唐 |
[1:07:55] | I should be getting back to work. | 我该回去工作了 |
[1:08:01] | I’m gonna quit while I’m ahead. | 我还是趁现在也先走吧 |
[1:08:04] | Joanie, I’ll say what I said when you left here– | 琼妮 我还是你走时的那句话 |
[1:08:05] | This is not a good excuse. | 这个借口可不够好 |
[1:08:07] | Nice to see you. | 能再见到你真好 |
[1:08:10] | – When are you coming back? – I was planning on three weeks. | -你什么时候回来呀 -原计划三个礼拜之后 |
[1:08:12] | My mother’s leaving any day, so I was gonna hire a girl. | 我妈随时可能走 我准备雇一个保姆 |
[1:08:15] | It’s gonna be terrible to leave him. | 真的舍不得离开他啊 |
[1:08:18] | Joan. | 琼 |
[1:08:22] | I was wondering if you were going to visit. | 我还在想你会不会回来看看呢 |
[1:08:26] | Oh, my hands are dirty. | 我的手太脏了 |
[1:08:28] | Oh, my God. He looks just like you. | 天啊 他长得跟你太像了 |
[1:08:30] | I should get back to work. | 我该回去工作了 |
[1:08:31] | I have more than ever, thanks to you, Joan. | 你一走 我可比以前忙多了 |
[1:08:33] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:08:38] | So, how are you? | 那 你过得怎么样 |
[1:08:42] | There’s my baby. | 我的小心肝儿来了呀 |
[1:08:44] | Now move that brat out of the way so I can see her. | 把那个挡我视线的小崽子拿开 我要看他妈妈 |
[1:08:46] | Hello, Roger. | 你好啊 罗杰 |
[1:08:48] | Little dud like my present? | 小家伙喜欢我送的礼物吗 |
[1:08:50] | I’m sure you’re aware that a bicycle’s not useful yet, Uncle Roger. | 你应该明白他短期内还骑不上自行车 罗杰叔叔 |
[1:08:54] | Oh, no? He’s a loafer? | 是吗 他每天都这么闲着吗 |
[1:08:57] | He’s been keeping me awake. | 他每天都闹得我无法安睡 |
[1:08:58] | He needs constant attention. | 他每时每刻都需要关怀 |
[1:09:00] | Is that right? Let me see that. | 是吗 让我看看 |
[1:09:08] | Has anyone even seen this baby with you walking next to him? | 有如此美艳的母亲 估计都没有人看宝宝吧 |
[1:09:12] | Scarlett. Scarlett, may I see you? | 斯嘉丽 斯嘉丽 过来一下 |
[1:09:15] | I got it. | 我来接 |
[1:09:18] | Mr. Pryce, | 普莱斯先生 |
[1:09:20] | Mrs. Harris is here to see you. | 哈里斯太太来探望您了 |
[1:09:22] | – Oh, send her in. – I’ve got him. | -让她进来吧 -我抱着孩子就行 |
[1:09:25] | Caroline, I need you to make dinner reservations right away. | 卡罗琳 马上去给我预定晚餐席位 |
[1:09:30] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[1:09:38] | This really is an unexpected pleasure. | 你能来真是意外之喜啊 |
[1:09:40] | Just stopping by. | 顺道来看看而已 |
[1:09:43] | Anything I should know about? | 有什么事情需要告知我吗 |
[1:09:45] | Uh, yes, actually. Pressing business. | 是的 真有呢 紧迫的经营状况 |
[1:09:52] | Would you mind? | 你介意坐下说吗 |
[1:09:54] | No, not at all. | 不 当然不介意 |
[1:10:01] | What are we supposed to do with him? | 我们该拿他怎么办呀 |
[1:10:04] | Better than the steps of a church, I guess. | 总好过把他扔到教堂门口被人收养吧 |
[1:10:09] | Have either of you seen Clara? | 你们有谁见过克莱拉吗 |
[1:10:11] | No. | 没 |
[1:10:13] | What’s that? | 那是怎么回事 |
[1:10:15] | Oh, it’s Joan’s little boy. | 哦 是琼的小宝宝 |
[1:10:19] | Oh, that’s darling. | 哦 真招人喜欢 |
[1:10:23] | Would you please take him and give him back to Joan? | 你能帮忙把他抱给琼吗 |
[1:10:25] | Do I suddenly appear to be wearing a skirt? | 突然之间你就把我当娘们儿使唤吗 |
[1:10:29] | Spectacular party. | 派对办的很不错 |
[1:10:31] | Just take him. You should say hello to Joan anyways. | 带着他吧 反正你都得跟琼打个招呼 |
[1:10:41] | Clara? | 克莱拉 |
[1:10:44] | She looks very good. | 她气色很不错呢 |
[1:10:46] | She does. She looked good at nine months. | 那是 她怀孕九个月时依然美艳如花 |
[1:10:49] | I don’t know about that. | 我可不觉得 |
[1:10:53] | I’m surprised you didn’t tell her. | 我很奇怪你没跟她直说 |
[1:10:54] | – Tell her what? – That she looked terrible. | -直说什么 -她气色糟糕透了 |
[1:10:57] | You seem to say whatever’s on your mind. | 你不是个心直口快的人嘛 |
[1:11:00] | Is something wrong? | 你对我有什么不满吗 |
[1:11:03] | No. | 没 |
[1:11:06] | I got the Vicks coupons done. | 我把维克制药的优惠券做好了 |
[1:11:09] | I know you thought you were the only one working this weekend. | 我知道你以为周末只有你一个人在加班 |
[1:11:13] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没有啊 |
[1:11:15] | Really? That’s what you said to Don. | 是吗 你在唐面前就是那样说的 |
[1:11:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:11:21] | I just– I had too much to drink and– | 我当时 我喝的有点儿多而且 |
[1:11:23] | And you couldn’t resist saying something obnoxious? | 所以就忍不住说了点讨人嫌的话 |
[1:11:27] | Well, just so we’re clear, | 那我们明说吧 |
[1:11:28] | I put in a lot of work on Heinz. So did you. | 我在亨氏广告案上付出了很多努力 你也一样 |
[1:11:31] | You can’t even apologize. None of you can. | 你连一句道歉都说不出来 你们都是这样 |
[1:11:36] | – I’m sorry. – You’re sorry? | -对不起 -对不起? |
[1:11:40] | What is wrong with you people? | 你们是怎么回事 |
[1:11:42] | You’re all so cynical. You don’t smile. | 都那么愤世嫉俗的 连微笑都不会 |
[1:11:45] | – You smirk. – Is he mad at me? | -只会皮笑肉不笑 -他是在生我的气吗 |
[1:11:48] | I don’t care. | 我才不管 |
[1:11:49] | Who wouldn’t want a surprise party? | 有谁不喜欢惊喜派对呢 |
[1:11:55] | I don’t feel well. | 我有点不舒服 |
[1:12:00] | – Megan… – No, really, I don’t– I don’t feel well. | -梅根 -不是 我真的 不舒服 |
[1:12:07] | Am I allowed to go home? | 我能回去休息一下吗 |
[1:12:10] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[1:12:14] | I’m so sorry. You were right. | 对不起 你说得对 |
[1:12:17] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[1:12:20] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[1:12:32] | Heinz won’t sign off on the work. | 亨氏没有认可我们的广告策划案 |
[1:12:35] | So they won’t be back in for 30 days, | 他们应该一个月后才会再来 |
[1:12:37] | which means we won’t get paid for another 90. | 也就是说未来3个月内都得不到经费 |
[1:12:39] | And we’re about to shoot Christmas Ads for Sugarberry and Vicks. | 我们还要为舒格伯里火腿和维克制药拍摄圣诞季广告 |
[1:12:43] | But they won’t run until Christmas, | 但那些要圣诞节才能播出 |
[1:12:45] | so we won’t get paid until easter. | 也就是说我们在复活节前都收不回本利 |
[1:12:48] | Well, that explains why | 哦 难怪你只能指望我 |
[1:12:49] | you’re asking me for all this free advice. | 给你提供点儿免费的建议了 |
[1:12:51] | Oh, I’m just trying to get things in order. | 我只是想让一切都井然有序地进行 |
[1:12:54] | So that you can eliminate my job? | 好把我踢出公司吗 |
[1:12:56] | What? Absolutely not. | 什么 当然不是了 |
[1:12:58] | – Then why did you run an Ad? – What ad? | -那你为什么要刊登广告 -什么广告 |
[1:13:01] | – In this morning’s Times. – Oh, that. | -今早《纽约时报》上登的 -哦 那个啊 |
[1:13:04] | That wasn’t an Ad. | 那不是广告 |
[1:13:06] | Well, what the hell was it, then? | 那他妈的是什么 |
[1:13:08] | It was some private Barb directed at Y&R. | 只不过是趁机嘲笑扬&罗必凯广告公司而已 |
[1:13:15] | Mrs. Harris, the books have practically | 哈里斯太太 你不在的日子里 |
[1:13:18] | been held together with spit in your absence. | 公司的运作完全是一团糟 |
[1:13:23] | What about Scarlett and Clara splitting my work? | 那斯嘉丽和克莱拉分摊我的工作又是怎么回事 |
[1:13:26] | Splitting? The two of them together | 分摊 她们合在一起都 |
[1:13:28] | couldn’t operate a parking meter. They’re imbeciles. | 搞不清停车计时器怎么用 她们就是白痴 |
[1:13:34] | Well, that was a dumb thing to do. | 总之广告那事干的太混蛋了 |
[1:13:36] | Oh, there, there. | 好了 好了 |
[1:13:42] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:13:45] | I’ve been like this since the baby. | 生完孩子之后我就一直这样 |
[1:13:48] | And it’s not him. | 也不是孩子的错 |
[1:13:51] | I just… | 我只是 |
[1:13:54] | Keep thinking about what’s going on here | 忍不住想公司这边怎么样了 |
[1:13:56] | and I missed it too much. | 我真的好怀念这里 |
[1:13:59] | It’s too embarrassing. | 太难堪了 |
[1:14:00] | Nothing’s happened. | 毫无变化 |
[1:14:02] | Something always happens. Things are different. | 总会有的 时过境迁 |
[1:14:06] | Somebody tells a joke and | 某人开个玩笑 |
[1:14:07] | you don’t know what they’re talking about. | 你却不知道他们在说什么 |
[1:14:09] | There have been no jokes, not without you. | 根本没有玩笑 你不在如何笑的出来 |
[1:14:12] | Not even at my expense? | 也没人拿我的工资说事儿吗 |
[1:14:14] | I’m terribly adrift without you. | 你不在 我的心空荡荡的 |
[1:14:18] | It’s just a matter of time before they find out I’m a sham. | 他们迟早会发现我就是个吃空饷的 |
[1:14:23] | Nobody came to visit me. | 也没人来看过我 |
[1:14:26] | They sent flowers with some stupid card | 他们只会送点花过来 卡片上的套话 |
[1:14:29] | written by the florist. | 都是花店代写的 |
[1:14:32] | There would have been a cake, | 本来想弄个蛋糕来着 |
[1:14:33] | but you weren’t here to arrange it. | 可是你一走就没人给安排了 |
[1:14:39] | It’s just– | 只是 |
[1:14:42] | and I don’t expect you to understand this– | 我不敢奢求你能理解我 |
[1:14:47] | but my husband’s been gone so long. | 但是 我丈夫已经走了那么久 |
[1:14:50] | And I know he’s coming home soon. | 我知道他马上就要回国了 |
[1:14:55] | And even with my baby there and my mother… | 虽然我妈和孩子都在我身边 |
[1:14:59] | I feel alone. | 我依然感觉很孤独 |
[1:15:03] | It’s home, but it’s not everything. | 虽然是家 却毫无家的温馨 |
[1:15:07] | I do understand. | 我懂的 |
[1:15:11] | Now, I won’t have everyone thinking I’ve made you cry. | 我可不想让别人以为我把你弄哭了 |
[1:15:22] | Well, at least tell me about the party. | 那跟我讲讲派对的事情吧 |
[1:15:24] | Mrs. Draper put on a bit of a burlesque. | 德雷柏夫人演了一小段”滑稽舞” |
[1:15:27] | – No. – Oh, yes. | -不是吧 -绝对是 |
[1:15:29] | She danced and sang in front of all of us. | 在我们所有人面前又唱又跳 |
[1:15:33] | She was quite the kickette. | 绝对风姿妖娆 |
[1:15:41] | I can’t do it justice. | 我实在是不好说 |
[1:15:44] | And Don? | 那唐呢 |
[1:15:47] | I saw his soul leave his body. | 他都快爽得升天了 |
[1:15:50] | I can’t even imagine how handsome that man must be blushing. | 我都想象不出他脸红的样子该有多帅 |
[1:15:56] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:16:06] | I don’t know how I ended up with him, but… | 我也不知道他怎么到我手上了 但是 |
[1:16:09] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[1:16:16] | Mr. Pryce, I will be speaking with you. | 普莱斯先生 我们以后再聊 |
[1:16:18] | Let me take a look at him at least. | 至少让先我看看他嘛 |
[1:16:27] | Handsome little blackheart. | 真是个帅气的小坏蛋 |
[1:16:33] | Oops. I think… | 哎呀 他好像… |
[1:16:37] | Have you seen Clara? | 你见到克莱拉了吗 |
[1:16:39] | Congratulations. We’re gonna be right next to each other finally. | 恭喜 我们马上就做邻居了 |
[1:16:43] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[1:16:44] | Clara, could you excuse us? | 克莱拉 能让我们单独聊聊吗 |
[1:16:46] | Well, she obviously already knows. | 她显然已经知道了 |
[1:16:48] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[1:16:51] | Uh, Roger, you know, convinced me. | 罗杰 他 说服了我 |
[1:16:54] | We all thought it was best for the firm | 我们都认为为了公司利益 |
[1:16:56] | that you have a bigger office, | 你该拥有一间大点的办公室 |
[1:16:57] | so I was asked to switch. | 于是让我跟你换 |
[1:16:59] | I’ll be right back. | 我一会儿再来 |
[1:17:05] | I appreciate your sacrifice, | 很感激你能做出牺牲 |
[1:17:07] | but a bigger office was not the point. | 但是我不是为了要间大点的办公室 |
[1:17:09] | Well, fine, then. I’ll switch back. | 好吧 那我再换回来 |
[1:17:12] | Roger didn’t say I couldn’t switch back. | 罗杰可没说不准反悔 |
[1:17:13] | I don’t care what Roger says. | 我不在乎罗杰怎么说 |
[1:17:15] | I am the head of accounts. I am bringing in all the business. | 我才是业务主管 生意全是我揽的 |
[1:17:17] | I deserve the bigger office. | 我本就该有更大的办公室 |
[1:17:19] | It’s a great office, Pete. It’s very important. | 我这间超棒的 皮特 占尽地利 |
[1:17:24] | It’s got the windows. God, I’m gonna miss them. | 有窗户 我会怀念它们的 |
[1:17:26] | And you did this because Roger told you to? | 你这么做是为了服从罗杰的命令吗 |
[1:17:28] | And also because I respect you so much. | 也因为我很”敬重”你 |
[1:17:31] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我怎么说 |
[1:17:32] | Look, I just need a place to hide until Megan leaves. | 听着 我只想找个地方憋屈着 直到梅根离开 |
[1:17:36] | Oh, God, unless she told Don. | 天啊 她不会告诉唐吧 |
[1:17:39] | She’s not gonna tell Don, is she? | 她不会告诉唐的 对吧 |
[1:17:43] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[1:17:49] | Come in. | 请进 |
[1:17:58] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[1:18:02] | At your party, which was lovely, | 你的生日派对 很棒 |
[1:18:05] | I said something which I shouldn’t have said. | 但我当时说了些不该说的话 |
[1:18:07] | And I want to apologize | 我要道歉 |
[1:18:09] | if you had a bad time because of it. | 破坏了您的大好心情 |
[1:18:12] | I had a wonderful time. | 我那天很愉快 |
[1:18:14] | Well, good. | 那就好 |
[1:18:16] | The only reason I’m bringing it up | 我之所以提这事 |
[1:18:18] | is Megan seemed kind of upset. | 是因为梅根似乎有点不高兴 |
[1:18:23] | I’m very sorry. I should not be allowed | 真抱歉 我不该在 |
[1:18:25] | to drink at work functions. Or at all, honestly. | 工作聚会上喝酒 一滴酒都不该碰 |
[1:18:29] | – What did she say? – Nothing. | -她说什么了 -没什么 |
[1:18:31] | But she went home. She wasn’t feeling well. | 但她回家了 她不舒服 |
[1:18:35] | I’m mortified if I had something to do with it. | 我怕那都是我造成的 |
[1:18:37] | When did she leave? | 她何时离开的 |
[1:18:39] | I think she wants to be alone. | 我觉得她想一个人待着 |
[1:18:41] | You don’t know her at all. | 你根本不了解她 |
[1:18:43] | Caroline. | 卡罗琳 |
[1:18:45] | I’m done for the day. | 我要走了 |
[1:18:54] | Mr. Pryce. | 普莱斯先生 |
[1:19:01] | – Yes, Scarlett? – There’s a gentleman here, | -何事 斯嘉丽 -有位先生来找您 |
[1:19:04] | the owner of the wallet– Mr. Polito. | 钱包的主人 普利托先生 |
[1:19:06] | He’s in reception. Shall I bring him back? | 他正在前台 需要我带他进来吗 |
[1:19:09] | No, absolutely not. | 不 不用 |
[1:19:11] | Well, do you want to see him? | 那您想见他吗 |
[1:19:13] | Yes, I’ll be out in a moment. | 是的 我马上出来 |
[1:19:16] | Of course, Mr. Pryce. | 好的 普莱斯先生 |
[1:19:19] | Thank you, Delores. | 谢谢你 德洛丽丝 |
[1:19:20] | – Excuse me? – I said just a minute. | -您说什么 -我是说立刻就来 |
[1:19:41] | Hello. | 您好 |
[1:19:43] | Are you Mr. Polito? | 你是普利托先生吗 |
[1:19:45] | I am. Although there’s no way for you to know that. | 是的 但你当然不认识我 |
[1:19:49] | You got my wallet. | 钱包在你手里 |
[1:19:51] | I contacted you. | 是我主动联系你的 |
[1:19:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:19:55] | Well, I’m glad this worked out. | 我很高兴你失而复得 |
[1:19:57] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[1:19:58] | Just hold on a second. | 先别走 |
[1:20:05] | Everything’s there. | 东西都在吧 |
[1:20:16] | So it is. | 是的 |
[1:20:21] | Well, you can’t blame me. | 也不能怪我 |
[1:20:23] | My horse came in and I lost my wallet. | 我当时刚赢了赛马 钱包就丢了 |
[1:20:26] | Then it came in again. | 现在不是又回来了 |
[1:20:29] | No, that’s not necessary. | 不 完全不必 |
[1:20:32] | – You’ve got to take a reward. – I couldn’t possibly. | -你必须收下酬劳 -我不能 |
[1:20:39] | My girl said you were real polite. | 我女人说你很有修养 |
[1:20:43] | Obviously from the accent, you’re not from around here. | 听你口音 明显不是本地人 |
[1:20:46] | No, I’m not. | 不 的确不是 |
[1:20:52] | This is the way we do things. | 入乡随俗吧 |
[1:20:57] | Thanks again. I mean it. | 再次感谢 真的 |
[1:21:00] | You’re a real gentleman. | 你是位真正的绅士 |
[1:21:20] | Megan? Where are you? | 梅根 你在哪儿 |
[1:21:26] | Oh, you’re home. | 你回来了 |
[1:21:28] | So are you. What happened? | 你也回来了 怎么回事 |
[1:21:31] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:21:33] | You just left without me? | 你没等我就走了 |
[1:21:35] | – I was upset. – That’s clear. | -我心烦 -很明显 |
[1:21:38] | About what? | 为什么事心烦 |
[1:21:39] | Because my apartment is filthy. | 因为我的公寓很脏 |
[1:21:42] | Where’s the girl? | 不是有女仆吗 |
[1:21:44] | I sent her home. | 我让她回家了 |
[1:21:55] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[1:21:58] | I’m cleaning up. I don’t want to get sweaty. | 打扫啊 我不想衣服沾上汗 |
[1:22:00] | – Like that? – Don’t you look at me. | -裸着打扫吗 -你不准看我 |
[1:22:04] | I’m talking to you. | 我在跟你说话 |
[1:22:08] | I’m cleaning up. | 我正在打扫 |
[1:22:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:22:11] | Stop looking at me. You aren’t allowed to look at me. | 别看我 你不准看我 |
[1:22:14] | Then put some clothes on. | 那你把衣服穿上 |
[1:22:16] | I said stop it. You don’t deserve it. | 不准看 你没那个眼福 |
[1:22:19] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[1:22:21] | You don’t like presents. You don’t like nice things. | 你不喜欢礼物 不喜欢美好的事物 |
[1:22:33] | Besides, you’re too old. | 而且 你太老了 |
[1:22:36] | I don’t need an old person. | 我不喜欢老家伙 |
[1:22:38] | You probably couldn’t do it anyway. | 反正估计你也不举 |
[1:22:40] | Don’t. | 别 |
[1:22:42] | – Get up. – No. | -起来 -不 |
[1:22:44] | I don’t want people to think you’re getting this. | 我不要别人觉得你艳福不浅 |
[1:22:47] | – You want it so badly. – I don’t want it. | -我知道你很想要 -我不要 |
[1:22:49] | I don’t want you. | 我不想要你 |
[1:22:52] | You don’t get to have this. Go sit over there. | 你不配享此艳福 去那边坐着 |
[1:22:55] | All you get to do is watch. | 你只准看 |
[1:23:25] | Where’s Harry? | 哈里人呢 |
[1:23:27] | Who cares? | 谁在乎啊 |
[1:23:29] | Oh, I’m sorry. Do you need to see Mr. Campbell? | 对不起 你要找坎贝尔先生吗 |
[1:23:31] | No. | 不 |
[1:23:35] | Is Roger Sterling still here? | 罗杰·斯特林还在公司吗 |
[1:23:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:23:39] | I want you to let him do whatever he wants. | 以后他想干什么都行 |
[1:23:41] | And I want you to pencil in an appointment tomorrow | 我要你安排一场明天的客户会面 |
[1:23:43] | at the coffee shop in the ferry building in Staten Island. | 订在史坦顿岛渡口大楼的咖啡厅 |
[1:23:46] | 6 A.M. | 早上6点 |
[1:23:48] | With Coca-Cola. | 和可口可乐公司 |
[1:23:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:23:56] | That’ll be all. | 没事了 |
[1:24:23] | I don’t think those people like me. | 我觉得他们不喜欢我 |
[1:24:26] | That’s not true. | 不是那样的 |
[1:24:29] | Well, I’m not sure I like them. | 其实我也不怎么喜欢他们 |
[1:24:39] | The reason I didn’t want you to have that party is | 我之所以不想让你办生日派对是因为 |
[1:24:42] | I didn’t want them in our home. | 我不想让他们来我们家 |
[1:24:46] | You’ve only been in the creative end of this business for three months. | 你只在广告创意行业待了三个月 |
[1:24:50] | And being a secretary, you don’t know what goes on. | 而作为秘书 很多事你都不清楚 |
[1:24:53] | There isn’t one problem that Peggy or anybody in that office has | 佩奇和公司其他人的种种问题 |
[1:24:58] | that wasn’t there before you. | 在你来之前就存在了 |
[1:25:05] | You think you’re a splinter? | 你觉得是你的问题 |
[1:25:07] | You’re not. | 你错了 |
[1:25:09] | The whole foot’s been infected for years. | 那些顽疾存在已久 |
[1:25:17] | I love going to work with you | 我爱和你一起工作 |
[1:25:19] | because you love work and you love me. | 因为你既爱工作也爱我 |
[1:25:23] | But I wonder if | 但我现在觉得 |
[1:25:26] | maybe it’s not a good idea. | 那样也许不好 |
[1:25:32] | I don’t really care about work. | 我不在乎什么工作 |
[1:25:34] | I want you at work | 我要你一起工作 |
[1:25:36] | because I want you. | 是因为我要你 |
[1:25:49] | I think we have to replace the rug. | 我觉得我们该换地毯了 |
[1:25:55] | Just because you see white carpet in a magazine | 白色地毯在杂志上好看 |
[1:25:57] | doesn’t mean it’s practical. | 但不代表就实用 |
[1:25:58] | It’s beautiful. | 很美嘛 |
[1:25:59] | Well, I’ve taken a lot of pictures of white carpets. | 我拍过很多白色地毯的广告照 |
[1:26:04] | You have to have four or five on hand. | 至少得买四五个备用的 |
[1:26:08] | I thought you wanted it. | 我以为你喜欢呢 |
[1:26:12] | I just wanted you to have what you want. | 我只希望你买回的是你喜欢的 |
[1:26:54] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[1:26:55] | I’ve got to go to Staten Island. | 我要去趟史坦顿岛 |
[1:26:57] | – What time is it? – Shut up. | -才几点啊 -闭嘴 |
[1:27:04] | An aboveground pool? | 是砌起来的地上泳池吗 |
[1:27:06] | No, no, in the ground. With deck chairs. | 不 往下挖坑的 可放置折叠躺椅的 |
[1:27:09] | That costs a fortune. You gonna dig it yourself? | 那耗费很大啊 你准备自己挖吗 |
[1:27:12] | We’ll see what happens at Christmas. | 就等着圣诞节领奖金呢 |
[1:27:14] | I never count on a bonus. | 永远别指望奖金 |
[1:27:17] | I’m not talking to you. | 我没跟你说话 |
[1:27:20] | I hope to be dead by Christmas. | 我干脆在圣诞前死了算了 |
[1:27:30] | Do you have any money for the grocer? | 给我点买杂货的钱好吗 |
[1:27:32] | You told me not to write any checks. | 你让我别用支票 |
[1:27:34] | No, of course. | 没错 当然 |
[1:27:56] | Shh. He’s finally gone to sleep. | 小声点 他好不容易才睡着 |
[1:28:37] | We cannot call security. They are applicants. | 我们不能叫保安 他们也是求职者 |
[1:28:42] | What’s going on out there? | 外面怎么回事 |
[1:28:44] | They’re all here responding to your hilarious advertisement. | 都是看了你那笑死人的广告来应征的 |
[1:28:51] | Is it just me, or is the lobby full of negroes? | 我没看错吧 怎么一大厅的黑鬼 |
[1:28:54] | They saw the Y&R AD. | 他们看到针对扬&罗的招聘广告了 |
[1:28:56] | The humor was lost on them. | 他们没看出那是玩笑 |
[1:28:59] | – Not on me. – It was a childish prank. | -我觉得挺好笑 -那是个幼稚的恶作剧 |
[1:29:01] | Because you’re above that, right? | 因为你的恶作剧一点不幼稚 是吧 |
[1:29:04] | What are we gonna do? | 我们怎么办 |
[1:29:05] | Would you leave us be, dear? | 你能先离开一下吗 亲爱的 |
[1:29:08] | Tell them the position’s been filled. | 告诉他们岗位已招满 |
[1:29:10] | There’s the possibility that we could be the subject of a protest. | 搞不好我们也变成抗议的目标 |
[1:29:14] | Then we interview them. Forever. They’ll go away. | 那我们就把面试拖久点 他们会走的 |
[1:29:16] | That is not a solution. | 那不能解决根本问题 |
[1:29:18] | And who’s to say there’s not a reporter out there? | 而且他们中可能有记者 |
[1:29:20] | I don’t know why we can’t just hire one. | 我们为什么不直接雇一个 |
[1:29:21] | Because we’re not hiring anyone. | 因为不能再雇人了 |
[1:29:24] | Just fire that receptionist. | 把前台炒了吧 |
[1:29:25] | We can’t have one out there. | 不能让黑鬼当前台 |
[1:29:32] | – What is that? – It’s from Young & Rubicam. | -那是什么 -扬&罗必凯广告公司送来的 |
[1:29:38] | It’s a resume. | 是一份简历 |
[1:29:40] | “1960 to ’65, | “1960到1965年的小黑工 |
[1:29:42] | [出自描述黑人生活的歌曲《Ol’ Man River》 内容是黑人船工的悲惨生活] | |
[1:29:42] | toted dat barge, lifted dat bale.” | 吃苦耐劳 抗压肯干” |
[1:29:47] | Did those people out there | 外面人看到 |
[1:29:49] | see that artifact come in here? | 你拿工艺品进来了吗 |
[1:29:52] | Yes. I’m positive. | 看到了 我很确定 |
[1:30:06] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:30:08] | I’d like to thank you all for coming. | 感谢大家前来应聘 |
[1:30:10] | First of all, we’re only looking for secretaries. | 首先 我们只需要女秘书 |
[1:30:13] | So, gentlemen, you are free to leave. | 所以先生们 你们可以”自由”散去了 |
[1:30:16] | I mean, you are welcome to leave. | 我意思是 你们请离开 |
[1:30:18] | I mean, you may go. | 我是说 你们可以走了 |
[1:30:24] | I will be collecting resumes. | 我现在开始收集简历 |
[1:30:27] | And then those of you who meet the qualifications | 对于符合条件的应聘者 |
[1:30:29] | will receive a call to schedule an interview. | 我们将电话通知面试时间 |