时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | I didn’t want to play cards anyway. | 我本来也不打算玩牌 |
[00:47] | I was supposed to talk to Dunphy, but he’s sick again. | 我本该和邓菲聊聊的 不过他又病了 |
[00:51] | You know, the other top salesman in my department, | 知道吗 我部门另一个王牌销售 |
[00:53] | he reads all day long, | 也整天捧着本书在读 |
[00:55] | and I’m out here on the train hustling people. | 而我却得在列车上向人推销 |
[00:59] | I’m really having a lean month. | 我本月过得可不怎么顺 |
[01:02] | Okay, Howard, | 好吧 霍华德 |
[01:05] | I knew this day would come. | 我就知道这天迟早会来 |
[01:08] | Look, I already have life insurance. | 听着 我已经有人寿保险了 |
[01:10] | It came with my junior partnership. | 我初级合伙人的身份附带的 |
[01:12] | And it’s six times my annual salary, | 数额是我年薪的6倍 |
[01:13] | and after two years, it covers suicide. | 两年以后 自杀也将涵盖在内 |
[01:15] | So make your pitch brief. | 所以你有话就直说吧 |
[01:18] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[01:20] | What? | 什么 |
[01:22] | Look, I wasn’t gonna put the arm into you, | 听着 不是我故意要你担心 |
[01:23] | but you have a kid. | 但你是有孩子的人 |
[01:26] | I guarantee you that policy pays the company | 我打包票 保单的钱是付给公司的 |
[01:28] | and not you. | 不是给你个人 |
[01:29] | Imagine everything you have just stopped short | 想象一下 现在拥有的一切 |
[01:31] | the minute they put you in the ground. | 都在你身死入土的那一刻化为乌有 |
[01:33] | I don’t think you’re right about that. | 我觉得不是这样 |
[01:35] | Oh, I’m positive. | 我确信无疑 |
[01:38] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[01:40] | I’ll leave that to you and your sleepless nights. | 你晚上辗转反侧自己捉摸去吧 |
[01:43] | I’m surprised you’re not doing better. | 你的推销技巧真是一点长进都没有 |
[01:47] | – You like my new tie? – Yes. | -喜欢我的新领带吗 -喜欢 |
[01:49] | You know what a new tie means? | 知道新领带意味着什么吗 |
[01:51] | It means I have a spectacular | 意味着我又在城里”偷吃”到 |
[01:52] | new side dish in the city. | 新鲜美味的”小菜”了 |
[01:55] | Strawberry blonde. | 略带微红的金发女郎 |
[01:56] | Tiny thing with huge tits. | 娇小的身材 雄伟的双峰 |
[01:58] | 24th floor, 24 years old. | 24楼的公寓 24岁的年纪 |
[02:02] | I got an apartment. | 我城里有个公寓落脚了 |
[02:04] | What’s your wife saying? | 你老婆意见如何 |
[02:06] | She’s happy because I provide for her. | 她当然开心了 有我养着她 |
[02:07] | She’s not worried about what might happen to her | 我就算出了什么事 |
[02:09] | if something happens to me. | 她也不用担心 |
[02:11] | Aren’t you worried you’re going to get caught? | 你就不怕被抓个正着吗 |
[02:15] | I’ll be right back. | 失陪 去去就来 |
[02:26] | I have a Jack Shapiro calling for you. | 有一通杰克·夏皮罗的电话 |
[02:29] | Well, for Megan Calvet. | 找梅根·卡维特的 |
[02:36] | Thank you so much, Dawn. | 非常感谢 唐恩 |
[02:46] | So shot for shot, it’s “A hard day’s night” | 整组镜头都是模仿《一夜狂欢》 |
[02:48] | as the screaming girl and the increase numbers | 惊声尖叫的女孩 越聚越多的人群 |
[02:51] | until our mop-top in the white leather jacket | 我们马桶盖发型的主人公 身着白色皮夹克 |
[02:53] | ducks into the Chevalier Blanc pub. | 闪进一家白骑士西装酒馆 |
[02:55] | Notice the white chess piece. | 注意到那白色的棋子 |
[02:56] | Then we’re inside and we’re in color, | 然后画面跟进 黑白变彩色 |
[03:00] | But there’s even more girls. | 不过女孩变得更多了 |
[03:02] | The music cuts and they stare at him | 音乐戛然而止 所有人都盯着他 |
[03:04] | like at the end of “The birds.” | 就像电影《群鸟》的结尾一样 |
[03:07] | “You may have second thoughts about wearing chevalier blanc. | “白骑士西装 穿前需谨慎 |
[03:09] | It’s more trouble than it’s worth.” | 穿上有风险 只为敢冒险的你” |
[03:28] | So we’ve been looking for a piece of music. | 我们一直想找一段音乐 |
[03:30] | It really has to have that sound that the movie has. | 必须和原电影的配乐相当 |
[03:33] | Well, that sound is the Beatles, | 电影原声是披头士唱的 |
[03:34] | who you said are impossible to get. | 你们说没办法搞到版权 |
[03:36] | Oh, don’t worry. | 那个你不用担心 |
[03:37] | There’s a million bands that sound like that. | 同类型的乐队多得是 |
[03:39] | Or we’ll make our own. | 找不到我们可以自己做 |
[03:40] | All we want is the chaos and the fun, | 我们希望看到的是 纷乱与乐趣交织 |
[03:42] | That sort of, um, adolescent joy. | 有一种 青春期的欢愉 |
[03:46] | We know what the beatles sound like. | 我们很清楚披头士的音乐是什么样的 |
[03:48] | We’ll do our best. | 我们会全力以赴 |
[03:50] | Great. | 很好 |
[03:51] | Well, we’ll get back to you | 关于该点和后续日程 |
[03:52] | on that and the schedule. | 我们会给你们答复 |
[03:54] | Great seeing you both. | 幸会 二位 |
[03:56] | You, too. | 彼此彼此 |
[04:03] | Make sure in the casting | 选角时一定要确保 |
[04:04] | That this guy is more like Calvin than Rick. | 男主人公要阳刚点 别像瑞克一样女气 |
[04:07] | Usually you have to go to one of your finer men’s rooms | 一般来说 瑞克那种男人你要去 |
[04:10] | to find a man like Rick. | 高档华丽的厕所里才能找到 |
[04:12] | So nothing about the applause? | 就没人想聊聊刚才那阵掌声吗 |
[04:15] | It was their idea. | 本来就是人家的点子 |
[04:16] | Now what about the song? | 现在那首歌怎么说 |
[04:18] | Like I said, there’s a million of them. | 我不说了嘛 同类的乐队俯首即是 |
[04:20] | Herman’s hermits, Chad & Jeremy, | 赫尔曼的隐士 查德与杰里米 |
[04:22] | The Merseybeats, The Zombies. | 莫西节拍乐团 僵尸乐团 |
[04:24] | Eh, you really think the zombies are right? | 僵尸乐团的歌合适吗 |
[04:25] | It’s gotta be right. | 一定要完美配合才行 |
[04:27] | You know what– I’ll ask Megan. She’ll know. | 这样吧 我去问问梅根 她准知道 |
[04:34] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我吗 |
[04:35] | See anything you like? | 看看有没有你中意的 |
[04:40] | – Are you asking if I ski? – No. | -你是在问我滑不滑雪吗 -不是 |
[04:42] | I want to know which skis you want. | 我就想知道你会挑哪一个滑雪板 |
[04:44] | Or take them both. | 或者全拿走 |
[04:46] | Do they explode or something? | 滑着滑着会突然爆炸什么的吗 |
[04:48] | Yes, Allen Funt sent them over. | 是 艾伦·芬特亲手送来的 |
[04:50] | Do you want them or not? Because they want you. | 你到底要不要 他们可是点名要的你 |
[04:52] | The skis do? | 它们这么说了 |
[04:53] | Roger O’hara took it upon himself | 罗杰·奥海拉本人亲自出马 |
[04:55] | as head of the Head Ski Company | 以海德运动品公司最高领导人的名义 |
[04:58] | to demand your handling of his account over my lunch. | 跟我午餐时 点名要你来负责这单生意 |
[05:01] | Really? | 真的 |
[05:02] | Yes. You’re making quite a name for yourself. | 是啊 你现在可算是名声在外了 |
[05:06] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要跟我说这些 |
[05:07] | Relax. It’s good. | 放轻松 没使坏 |
[05:09] | It’s what I’ve always wanted– | 这是我一直以来希望的 |
[05:10] | Sit back, let the business roll in while you pass the jug | 退居二线 看着生意送上门 让你负责和一帮 |
[05:13] | with some schmo from Lutherville, Maryland. | 来自马里兰小村子的傻逼打交道 |
[05:18] | Go on, take them. | 去吧 都收下 |
[05:20] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[05:22] | I suppose I will. | 那我就都收下了 |
[05:37] | And I got to see that. | 还能看到你这幅狼狈样 |
[05:42] | Where have you been hiding all day? I was about to leave. | 你一整天都上哪儿去了 我正要走呢 |
[05:45] | I’ve been working. I thought you were, too. | 我在工作 我以为你也是 |
[05:48] | Nope. | 没有 |
[05:50] | Why don’t you come with me, | 跟我一起走吧 |
[05:53] | dress up another drab client dinner? | 再上演一场敲定客户的好戏 |
[05:55] | – Don. – Hey, let me ask you something. | -唐 -问你点事 |
[05:57] | When did music become so important? | 什么时候音乐变得这么重要了 |
[06:00] | It’s always been important. | 一直很重要 |
[06:01] | I mean jingles, yeah. | 广告乐是很重要 |
[06:03] | But now everybody keeps coming in, looking for some song. | 但现在每个客户都要求广告里有配乐 |
[06:07] | And they’re so specific. | 还都描述的那么具体 |
[06:09] | You love specific. | 具体不好吗 |
[06:10] | But I have no idea what’s going on out there. | 但我一点都不知道现在什么音乐流行 |
[06:13] | Well, no one can keep up. It’s always changing. | 没人能跟得上潮流 潮流总在变 |
[06:17] | We’re going to Danny’s Hideaway. | 我们要去丹尼的避风港餐厅 |
[06:19] | You have to go and I have to work. | 你去吧 我得加班 |
[06:27] | See you at home? | 回家见 |
[06:30] | I promise. | 好的 |
[06:49] | You’re leaving late. | 你这么晚才回家 |
[06:51] | Is it snowing out there? | 外面下雪了吗 |
[06:52] | No. Sporting goods account. | 不是 运动品牌商送的 |
[06:55] | And they’re already giving us presents. That’s good. | 他们还给我们送礼物 势头不错啊 |
[06:58] | They’re giving me presents | 他们是送给我礼物 |
[06:58] | and I’ve never even met them. | 我都没见过他们 |
[07:00] | Are you a really good skier? Like famous? | 你滑雪很棒吗 威名远扬那种吗 |
[07:03] | Heh. Well, good night. | 先走了 晚安 |
[07:17] | I thought we were working. | 我以为我们要一起加班呢 |
[07:19] | Don just called. I have to meet him for dinner. | 唐刚打来电话 我得跟他一起吃晚饭 |
[07:22] | Nothing I can do about that, I guess. | 那我就没什么好说的了 |
[07:24] | You can go home, too. | 你也可以回家 |
[07:26] | I don’t know. They’re not right. | 我不知道 感觉这些有点不太对 |
[07:28] | They’re exactly as you dictated them to me. | 那些都是按你的要求完成的 |
[07:31] | They’re exactly like they’re supposed to be, | 确实是呈现出预想的样子 |
[07:33] | But they’re not it. | 但就是感觉不对 |
[07:36] | Maybe they are. | 也有可能是对的 |
[07:40] | Go ahead. | 你走吧 |
[07:41] | Thanks. Good night. | 谢谢 晚安 |
[07:48] | I’m sorry. | 打扰一下 |
[07:50] | Excuse me? | 有什么事吗 |
[07:51] | You didn’t happen to see Howard Dawes on the train? | 你在火车上见到霍华德·道斯了吗 |
[07:55] | Are you Beth? | 你就是贝丝吗 |
[07:56] | Um, yes. | 对 |
[07:58] | He talks about you often. | 他常说起你 |
[08:00] | I’m sorry, he doesn’t talk about anyone to me. | 抱歉 他从不跟我提别人 |
[08:04] | Peter Campbell. | 我是皮特·坎贝尔 |
[08:07] | We should switch cars. | 我们真该互换一下车 |
[08:08] | I don’t know how I’m gonna get these in there. | 这些东西我车里都塞不下 |
[08:10] | Except I locked my keys inside. | 可惜我把钥匙锁在里面了 |
[08:12] | He should have been home by now | 他现在应该到家了 |
[08:13] | and I’m afraid maybe he fell asleep on the train. | 可是我很担心他可能在火车上睡过站 |
[08:16] | He’s done that before. | 以前就出过这样的事 |
[08:18] | Oh, uh, now that I think of it, | 我想起来了 |
[08:21] | I saw some fellow corner him in the oyster bar. | 我看到他在牡蛎餐厅遇上熟人 |
[08:23] | He may be a while. | 可能还得呆一会儿呢 |
[08:24] | I can notify a locksmith for the car and the house. | 我可以找个开锁匠来帮你开车门和房门 |
[08:27] | Can you just drive me home? | 你能载我回家吗 |
[08:30] | The house is open. I’ll deal with this in the morning. | 门没有锁 我明早再处理这车 |
[08:37] | Next time we turn, I’ll warn you. | 下次要转弯的时候 我会先告诉你 |
[08:41] | When’s the next train? | 下趟列车什么时候来 |
[08:43] | You know what? I’ll give you my number. | 这样吧 我把我的号码给你 |
[08:46] | And when Howard calls from the station, | 如果霍华德从站里打电话过来 |
[08:48] | I’ll shuttle him home. | 我会载他回家的 |
[08:49] | He’ not coming home. He’s staying in the city. | 他不回家 他要在城里住 |
[08:52] | We got an apartment. | 我们在那有一套公寓 |
[08:55] | “We.” | “我们” |
[09:02] | You’re enough of a stranger that I’ve never heard your name, | 我从没听过你的名字 你和他不熟 |
[09:05] | yet you know where he is and I don’t. | 但你知道他在哪儿 我却不知道 |
[09:09] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么也不知道 |
[09:11] | Did you know that was a stop sign? | 你没看到那有个停车指示牌吗 |
[09:13] | You’re an awful driver. | 你真是个糟糕的司机 |
[09:15] | Are you from Manhattan? | 你是从曼哈顿来的吗 |
[09:17] | Yes. And I just learned. | 是的 我刚学会开车 |
[09:21] | I could never live in the city. | 我没办法住在城里 |
[09:23] | What’s wrong with it? | 怎么了 |
[09:25] | Well, I love it, but all the hobos and the panhandlers… | 我喜欢城里 但那么多流浪汉和乞丐 |
[09:29] | There aren’t that many. | 也没那么夸张吧 |
[09:31] | Well, they always accost me. | 他们总是跟我搭讪 |
[09:33] | I think it’s because I make eye contact. | 我想是因为我多看了他们几眼 |
[09:36] | And then I always give them money | 并且我也常常给他们钱 |
[09:37] | and I can’t stop thinking about them for the rest of the day… | 然后接下来的一整天脑子里一直纠结着他们 |
[09:41] | Wandering around, sleeping in doorways. | 四处游荡 露宿街头 |
[09:47] | When I was little, I tried to make my father | 小时候 我曾试图说服我父亲 |
[09:49] | give one money and he wouldn’t. | 给他们点钱 但是他不肯 |
[09:51] | He said, “We couldn’t take care of everybody.” | 他说”我们不可能照顾每一个人” |
[09:56] | I guess we’re supposed to get used to not seeing them. | 我想我们应该学会去习惯忽略他们 |
[09:58] | Yes. | 没错 |
[10:01] | That’s exactly what happens. | 现在的情况不就是那样嘛 |
[10:08] | Hello? | 喂 |
[10:09] | It’s me. Is Megan there? | 是我 梅根在吗 |
[10:11] | Isn’t she with you? | 她不是跟你在一起吗 |
[10:13] | Yes, we’re playing a hilarious joke on you. | 是的 我们逗你玩儿呢 |
[10:16] | She left a while ago to meet you at the restaurant. | 她刚走不久 说是要跟你在饭店见面 |
[10:18] | When? | 何时走的 |
[10:20] | I don’t know– after you called. | 不清楚 在你打电话之后吧 |
[10:23] | I didn’t call. | 我没有打电话 |
[10:27] | She must be at home. | 那她肯定在家 |
[10:28] | I’m at home. | 我在家呢 |
[10:31] | Maybe she went to the restaurant and missed you | 也许她去了酒店 却没有看到你 |
[10:34] | and now she’s on her way home. | 现在正在回家的路上 |
[10:35] | I don’t know where she is. Do you know where Abe is? | 我不知道她在哪 你知道艾博在哪儿吗 |
[10:37] | Goodbye, Peggy. | 再见 佩奇 |
[10:47] | It’s a lovely house. | 你家真漂亮 |
[10:50] | Is it harder to lie to me now that you know me? | 认识我之后 对我撒谎是不是就变难了 |
[10:54] | Howard is working, I’m sure of it. | 霍华德正在工作 我很肯定 |
[10:59] | I don’t even think he’d care if I was alive or dead. | 我觉得他都不在乎我的死活 |
[11:18] | I’m sorry, but you’re being very dramatic. | 我很抱歉 但是你情绪真的很不稳定 |
[11:20] | You drove me home. Now leave me alone. | 你已经送我到家了 现在让我静一静 |
[11:23] | I’m not leaving until I’m sure you’re not hysterical. | 我要确保你没事 不然我不会走的 |
[11:33] | You don’t know what you’re doing. | 你不知道自己在做什么 |
[11:35] | You just want to get back at him. | 你只是想报复他 |
[11:45] | Don’t you want me? | 难道你不想要我吗 |
[11:48] | You can have me. | 你可以拥有我 |
[11:52] | Are you really worried that Howard’s coming home? | 你还担心霍华德会回来吗 |
[12:27] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:28] | Hello? Peggy? | 喂 佩奇吗 |
[12:31] | Pizza house. | 披萨屋 |
[13:03] | I used to be like this. | 我也曾这样过 |
[13:07] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[13:08] | Just reckless. | 任性冲动 |
[13:19] | I can’t believe that happened. | 我不敢相信这真的发生了 |
[13:26] | Say something. | 说点什么吧 |
[13:29] | I’ve had men paying attention to me since before it was appropriate. | 我尚未长大 就总能吸引男人到注意力 |
[13:33] | They don’t care what I say. | 他们不在乎我说什么 |
[13:36] | They just watch my lips move. | 只是看着我嘴唇在动 |
[13:39] | I’m listening to every word you say. | 我会把你说的每一个字印在脑海 |
[13:44] | Your irises are so blue and round. | 你的眼睛是蓝色的 好圆 |
[13:49] | Have you seen those pictures of the earth from space? | 你看过那些外太空俯瞰地球的照片吗 |
[13:52] | I have. | 看过 |
[13:54] | I’ll take that as a compliment. | 就当你在赞美我吧 |
[13:57] | It didn’t bother you to see the earth tiny and unprotected, | 你不会心伤吗 地球那么渺小 毫无防备 |
[14:02] | surrounded by darkness? | 笼罩在黑暗中 |
[14:05] | So you don’t like my eyes? | 所以你不喜欢我的眼睛咯 |
[14:09] | This can never happen again. | 不会有下次了 |
[14:11] | What? | 什么 |
[14:13] | No, of course. I– | 不 当然 我 |
[14:19] | No, I mean it. | 不 我是认真的 |
[14:23] | – Okay. – You should get home. | -好吧 -你该回家了 |
[14:37] | I don’t want to leave you here. | 我不想把你一个人留在这儿 |
[14:40] | Why not? I’m fine now. | 为什么不 我现在挺好的 |
[14:43] | I’m going to have a snack and go to bed. | 我去吃点东西就睡觉了 |
[14:47] | I don’t want to leave you. | 我不想离开你 |
[14:49] | Thank you for the ride home. | 谢谢你送我回来 |
[15:21] | Where were you? | 你去哪儿了 |
[15:23] | Peggy said I called you and you were going to meet me? | 佩奇说是我打电话给你 然后你去见我了 |
[15:25] | Oh, I went out for a drink with Joey and Troy. | 我和乔伊还有特罗伊出去喝了一杯 |
[15:28] | Had to lie to Peggy to get out of there. | 对佩奇撒了个谎才得以脱身 |
[15:31] | I’ve done that. | 我也这么干过 |
[15:34] | I’m hungry. I’m going to get some crackers or something. | 我饿了 打算吃点饼干什么的 |
[15:36] | – You want anything? – No. | -你想吃点什么吗 -不用了 |
[15:48] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早 |
[16:14] | I’m sorry. I had no idea he was gonna call. | 对不起 我不知道他会打电话给你 |
[16:17] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[16:19] | Don’t put me in that position again. | 下次别让我难做人了 |
[16:21] | I cannot lie to him. | 我没法对他撒谎 |
[16:23] | I lost a night’s work. I couldn’t sleep– | 我一整晚没心思工作 又失眠 |
[16:25] | Would you stop? | 你能住嘴吗 |
[16:26] | A friend of mine knows somebody doing an off-off-broadway show. | 我有个朋友认识人在做小剧场 |
[16:29] | I read on the weekend, | 我周末去试读了剧本 |
[16:31] | and then I got a callback last night, | 昨天接到通知让我再去一趟 |
[16:32] | and I didn’t want to miss it. | 我不想错过这次机会 |
[16:34] | But I didn’t get it, so that’s it; it’s done. | 但是没选上 就这样 不会有下次了 |
[16:38] | Why can’t you tell Don? | 你为什么不告诉唐 |
[16:40] | Tell Don I still want to be an actress? | 告诉他我还想当演员吗 |
[16:42] | Do you? | 你想吗 |
[16:48] | I know copywriting’s hard, | 我知道文案不好做 |
[16:50] | but you’re doing great. | 但是你做得很好啊 |
[16:53] | You shouldn’t give up. | 你不该半途而废 |
[16:55] | I wouldn’t tell you this if I didn’t think you had talent. | 要不是觉得你有天赋 我才不会劝你 |
[17:00] | The other day they asked me | 前几天他们让我 |
[17:01] | to take Stan’s originals down to the printer, | 把斯坦的原件拿下去复印 |
[17:03] | and I thought all I have to do is throw these in the trash | 我当时就想 只要把这些原件丢进垃圾桶 |
[17:06] | and they’ll fire me, | 他们就能开除我了 |
[17:08] | or at least they’d yell at me, | 或者最起码劈头盖脸骂我一顿 |
[17:10] | and I could cry enough and quit. | 我就能大哭一场把工作辞了 |
[17:14] | But then I realized they’ll – they’ll never fire me. | 可我后来意识到 他们永远都不会解雇我 |
[17:20] | You want to quit? | 你想辞职吗 |
[17:21] | I don’t know. What do I do? | 我不知道 我该怎么办 |
[17:25] | You know there are people killing to get this job. | 你要知道多少人为这份工作争得头破血流吗 |
[17:28] | You’re taking up a spot and you don’t even wanna do it? | 你在这儿拥有一席之地 却想辞职不干 |
[17:31] | I’m sorry I told you. | 抱歉 不该告诉你 |
[17:33] | You didn’t. I caught you. | 你没有告诉我 是我发现的 |
[17:36] | And then you act like you want advice, | 你搞得好像是要征求我意见 |
[17:37] | but you’ve obviously already made up your mind. | 但其实你早已下定决心了 |
[17:39] | Because he’s so easy to talk to? | 可我根本不可能将他说通 |
[17:42] | Well, you can’t keep lying to him. | 那你也不能一直瞒着他 |
[17:47] | It’s so simple when it’s someone else’s life, isn’t it? | 别人的问题就不是问题了 是吗 |
[17:52] | You’re right. I don’t care what you do. | 你说的对 你怎么做与我无关 |
[18:04] | Phil Beachum is not just the boss, | 菲尔·比彻姆不止是老板 |
[18:05] | he’s the head of desserts. | 他还是甜品大王 |
[18:07] | Head of desserts? Please tell me he’s 300 pounds. | 甜品大王 别告诉我他体重300磅 |
[18:12] | He’s big, just not as big as you’d like. | 他是很魁梧 只是没你想的那么庞大 |
[18:15] | Anyway, Pat Wallace loved the way you and Megan– | 总之 帕特·华莱士喜欢你和梅根那样 |
[18:18] | You know, your banter. | 就是 你们的打情骂俏 |
[18:20] | Dawn, where’s Megan? | 唐恩 梅根在哪儿 |
[18:21] | She’s not coming. | 她不会来了 |
[18:25] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:28] | I was just saying how Pat Wallace | 我刚说到帕特·华莱士有多 |
[18:29] | loved the Mr. And Mrs. Draper bit. | 喜欢你们德雷柏夫妇的恩爱秀 |
[18:31] | And you’re gonna go to the test kitchen, | 你要到试验厨房 |
[18:33] | taste a couple of different formulations of Cool Whip, | 品尝不同配方制作的清凉维普 |
[18:35] | and maybe put on a little show to his boss, | 然后在其老板面前表演一下那段 |
[18:38] | You know, as a courtesy. | 你知道的 出于礼貌 |
[18:40] | So, Don, if you could bring everybody up to speed. | 那么 唐 麻烦你跟大家说明下情况 |
[18:43] | Well, I don’t know what anybody knows about Cool Whip. | 我不知道你们对清凉维普有多少了解 |
[18:45] | I read a 30-page dossier | 我通读了30页的介绍 |
[18:47] | that fails to use the words “fake whipped cream.” | 里面竟然对”仿制生奶油”只字未提 |
[18:50] | Because it’s a nondairy whipped topping | 因为那是一款非乳制蛋奶甜品 |
[18:53] | that comes frozen and then melts into this miracle. | 冰冻融化后会有奇迹般的味道 |
[18:56] | Just do the bit. | 演演你们那段吧 |
[19:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:05] | Honey, I don’t even think I want dessert. | 亲爱的 我一点都不想吃甜点 |
[19:08] | – You love dessert. – You love dessert. | -你爱吃甜点的啊 -是你爱吃 |
[19:09] | And you just want me to have some so you can have some. | 你让我吃甜点是为了自己能吃到 |
[19:12] | I made two. | 我做了双人份 |
[19:14] | – What is it? – It’s Cool Whip. | -这是什么 -清凉维普 |
[19:16] | – It looks like whipped cream. – Just taste it. | -看起来像生奶油 -来尝尝吧 |
[19:18] | Is it a topping? | 是奶油装饰吗 |
[19:19] | Well, you can have it on ice cream like this, | 你可以像这样放在冰淇淋上 |
[19:21] | on fruit or cake, or just by itself. | 配水果或蛋糕也可以 单独吃也行 |
[19:26] | – Just taste it. – So it’s a dessert? | -来尝尝吧 -所以是甜品吗 |
[19:28] | – Just taste it. – Is it sweet? | -来尝尝吧 -甜吗 |
[19:29] | Just taste it. | 你就尝尝吧 |
[19:31] | That’s it. That’s the line– “Just taste it.” | 就这样 广告词就是”来尝尝吧” |
[19:33] | People are gonna be yelling it at the TV set. | 观众会这样对着电视大喊 |
[19:35] | – It’s adorable, right? – It’s a nice twist | -可爱吧 -构思挺精巧 |
[19:37] | on the stupid husband and pushy wife | 傻丈夫和固执妻子 |
[19:38] | because they actually like each other. | 心底深爱着对方 |
[19:41] | Are you going to be in the ads? | 你们要亲自出演吗 |
[19:43] | No. I tried. They’re not interested. | 不 我问过了 他们不愿意 |
[19:46] | Cool whip’s not interested or Don and Megan aren’t intested? | 清凉维普的人不愿意 还是他们夫妻不愿意 |
[19:49] | We’re not interested. | 我们不愿意 |
[19:54] | Don’t you like it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[19:55] | No, I do. | 不 很喜欢 |
[19:57] | Just absorbing it. | 就是要点时间消化一下 |
[20:08] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:11] | Beth? | 贝丝 |
[20:14] | It’s Peter. | 我是皮特 |
[20:16] | I know who it is. | 我知道 |
[20:17] | I want you to get on a train and meet me in the city. | 我要你现在跳上火车来城里见我 |
[20:20] | – Anywhere. – No. | -哪里都行 -不 |
[20:23] | Just a minute. | 稍等 |
[20:28] | What do you want? | 什么事 |
[20:29] | Nothing. You came over to me. | 没事 不是你走过来的吗 |
[20:31] | You opened the door. | 是你开门我才过来 |
[20:37] | Are you still there? | 还在吗 |
[20:38] | Was your secretary on the line? | 你秘书也在线上吗 |
[20:40] | No. I’m at a pay phone. | 没有 我用的公用电话 |
[20:43] | You’re taking away all my fears. | 那我可真放心了 |
[20:45] | I mean, suddenly I don’t think about the fact | 听你这么一说我都忘了 |
[20:47] | that you ride with my husband on the train twice a day | 你每天要和我老公一起坐两趟车 |
[20:51] | and that you live 20 minutes away | 而且你家离我家只有20分钟 |
[20:52] | and I’d see your wife at the market, if I ever went. | 我去超市的时候甚至能碰到你老婆 |
[20:56] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[21:00] | Are you sorry I called? | 你不想我给你打电话吗 |
[21:02] | Just… Stop. | 反正…别打了 |
[21:06] | Enjoy the memory. Leave it alone. | 把美好的都留在回忆里吧 |
[21:09] | I mean, fantasize about it. I will, too. | 偶尔幻想一下就好 我也会的 |
[21:11] | But… don’t call me again. | 但是 不要再给我打电话了 |
[21:39] | Don. | 唐 |
[21:42] | Don. | 唐 |
[21:46] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[21:49] | I have to talk to you. | 我得和你谈谈 |
[21:54] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[21:57] | I, uh– I lied to you last night. | 我昨晚说谎了 |
[22:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:10] | I told you that I went for a drink, but I didn’t. | 我说和朋友去喝酒 其实不是 |
[22:13] | I had a callback for a play. | 我去参加一部剧的面试了 |
[22:17] | Okay. So? | 然后呢 |
[22:20] | I feel really bad about lying to you. | 对你说谎 我感觉很歉疚 |
[22:22] | And now you’re telling me. | 现在你告诉我实话了 |
[22:28] | You do that a lot? | 你经常这样吗 |
[22:30] | Audition? | 面试吗 |
[22:31] | – No, lie to me. – No. | -不是 对我说谎 -没有 |
[22:34] | – Did you get it? – What? | -选上了吗 -什么 |
[22:37] | No. No, I didn’t. | 没 没有 |
[22:41] | But it was incredible, Don. | 但是感觉很美妙 唐 |
[22:44] | I think I was pretty close. | 我觉得差一点就成功了 |
[22:47] | My heart was racing. | 我当时很紧张 |
[22:48] | I mean, I’m rusty. | 我已经生疏了 |
[22:50] | I need to go back to class, | 得重新回去学习 |
[22:52] | but I realized something. | 但我意识到一件事 |
[22:56] | What? | 什么 |
[22:58] | I miss acting. | 我怀念表演 |
[23:00] | I think I gave up too easy | 我觉得我之前太轻易就放弃了 |
[23:03] | and I don’t even know how I stopped. | 我都不知道怎么的就放弃了 |
[23:06] | I never made a decision, that’s for sure. | 我从来没有明确地做出决定 |
[23:09] | We can’t be in the Cool Whip ad. | 我们不能去演清凉维普的广告 |
[23:10] | It’s bad for business. | 那对生意影响不好 |
[23:12] | No. I just keep thinking | 不 我只是在想 |
[23:16] | I could be on Broadway | 我或许可以去百老汇表演 |
[23:18] | or off Broadway | 或者中型剧场 |
[23:21] | or– I don’t know– films, even. | 甚至去拍电影 我也不知道 |
[23:28] | Sweetheart… | 亲爱的 |
[23:31] | Sometimes we don’t get to choose where our talents lie. | 我们没办法决定自己的天赋所在 |
[23:37] | I mean, what you did with Heinz– | 你在亨氏广告上展现的才华 |
[23:39] | it took me years to be able to think that way. | 我花了很多年才能达到 |
[23:43] | Well, I can’t explain it, | 我没办法解释 |
[23:47] | but I felt better failing in that audition | 尽管我面试失败 却依然很开心 |
[23:51] | than I did when I was succeeding at Heinz. | 喜悦之情远胜过拿下亨氏的广告 |
[23:54] | Because that was about making the client happy. | 那是因为做广告是为了让客户开心 |
[23:58] | Wait till you walk down the street | 等你走在街上 |
[23:59] | and see the work on a wall or on TV, | 看到你的广告挂在墙上 在电视里播出时 |
[24:03] | that’s when you feel something. | 你才会有成功的感觉 |
[24:05] | Do you know that I can’t even stand going to the theater anymore | 你知道我现在无法忍受去剧院看戏 |
[24:08] | because all I feel is envy? | 因为我只能感受到深深的嫉妒吗 |
[24:11] | And I know the next thing is bitterness, | 嫉妒过后就是凄苦 |
[24:14] | and I don’t want to feel that. | 我不想这样 |
[24:16] | Okay. So what do you want to do? | 好吧 那你想做什么 |
[24:19] | I mean, there’s no guarantee. | 我不一定能当上演员 |
[24:23] | And I’m so grateful. | 我很感激 |
[24:26] | This gave me so much confidence. | 广告给了我很大的自信 |
[24:30] | But I never tried as hard at acting as I did at advertising. | 但我在表演方面 远没有做广告投入得多 |
[24:36] | And it’ll never be for me what it is for you. | 广告之于我 永远不会像它之于你一样 |
[24:40] | Look, I know it’s uncomfortable for you with me there. | 听着 我知道你和我一起工作会觉得不自在 |
[24:45] | There’s a shadow over everything. | 一切都在我的阴影之下 |
[24:47] | I put you in a terrible position. | 我让你处在一个很尴尬的位置 |
[24:49] | There are 20 firms that would be glad to have you. | 但还有很多公司会为你敞开大门 |
[24:53] | I don’t want to do it, Don. | 我不想做这行 唐 |
[24:59] | You don’t want to do it? | 你不想吗 |
[25:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[25:06] | Since I was a little girl, it’s all I ever dreamed about. | 我从小就梦想着有一天能站上舞台 |
[25:12] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[25:16] | I don’t want to keep you from your dream. | 我不会成为你追寻梦想的绊脚石 |
[25:19] | You’re so good to me. | 你对我太好了 |
[25:23] | So what do you want to do? | 那么你想怎么做 |
[25:26] | I mean, you woke me up in the middle of the night. | 我是觉得 你半夜把我叫醒 |
[25:28] | It’s obviously some sort of emergency. | 一定是有什么急事吧 |
[25:31] | Well, I can finish up my work | 其实 我可以把手上的工作都完成 |
[25:33] | and then help train the new person. | 然后把新人带起来 |
[25:37] | You want to train somebody? No. | 你想带别人 不用了 |
[25:41] | We’ll go in tomorrow | 我们明天去公司 |
[25:43] | and you’ll say goodbye to everybody | 你跟大家道个别 |
[25:46] | and we’ll get you on your way. | 然后就可以追求自己的路了 |
[25:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:51] | It’s what you want. | 如此正合你意吧 |
[25:56] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么好了 |
[26:00] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[26:06] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[26:56] | – Morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[27:10] | Megan’s quitting. | 梅根要辞职了 |
[27:14] | Yes. So I think today’s going to be her last day. | 对 今天是她最后一次上班了 |
[27:17] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:19] | How do you do this? | 通常你会怎么处理 |
[27:21] | Do you want to have a seat? | 你想坐一下吗 |
[27:23] | It’s not like that, Joan. | 琼 不是这样的 |
[27:25] | She’s up for a part in a play, and even if she doesn’t get it, | 她打算去试镜一个角色 如果没选上 |
[27:28] | she’s decided to go back to acting full time. | 她也决定做专职演员 |
[27:30] | Well, I’m sure she’ll be wonderful. | 她一定会做得很好的 |
[27:32] | Do we make an announcement? Do we have a party? | 我们要发文吗 组织聚会吗 |
[27:35] | What’s the protocol? | 一般是怎么做的 |
[27:37] | Why don’t we have the girls take her to lunch? | 不如让她和其他女孩一起吃顿午餐吧 |
[27:40] | I mean, she’s not disappearing, is she? | 反正 她又不会从此销声匿迹了 对吧 |
[27:44] | No, she’s not. | 不 不会的 |
[27:50] | Don, I’ll take care of it. | 唐 我会安排好的 |
[28:01] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[28:03] | Yep, been here for a while. | 对 我来了有一会儿了 |
[28:05] | Well, I wanted to tell everyone, actually. | 其实 我想等大家都到齐了 |
[28:16] | Megan, are you okay? | 梅根 你没事吧 |
[28:21] | I’m not going to be working here anymore | 我马上就要离开这里了 |
[28:24] | And it’s really hard to tell everybody. | 告诉大家这个决定真的很艰难 |
[28:29] | Hey! Megan’s talking to you. | 喂 梅根在跟你们说话呢 |
[28:32] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[28:36] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[28:39] | I’m not going to work here anymore. | 我要离开这里了 |
[28:41] | Did he fire you? That son of a bitch! | 他把你炒了吗 那个混蛋 |
[28:44] | No. | 不是 |
[28:45] | No, I’m going back to try acting again. | 不是的 我只是想重回演艺事业 |
[28:49] | – Are you kidding me? – Stan. | -你开玩笑吗 -斯坦 |
[28:50] | – No, I’d better get used to it. – Oh, I was… | -不用 我该慢慢习惯质疑 -我只是 |
[28:56] | – Gonna miss you. – Me, too. | -我会想你的 -我也是 |
[28:58] | Acting is fascinating. It’s probably easier for girls. | 表演实在太棒了 女孩子可能会容易不少 |
[29:00] | But let me ask you, do they always give you clothes | 但是我想问问 演出服装是发的吗 |
[29:02] | or do you have to do it in your own clothes? | 还是说你要自己解决服装 |
[29:05] | I– I don’t know. Yes, they give you a costume. | 我 也不知道 应该会发戏服吧 |
[29:08] | – Shoes, too? – Yes. | -鞋子也有吗 -有的 |
[29:11] | Break a leg. | 祝你演出成功 |
[29:15] | See you around. | 再见了 |
[29:20] | I think I’m in the middle of a lot of things, | 我知道我手上还有挺多活没做完 |
[29:24] | but Don told me that I was just supposed to hand it over. | 但是唐让我直接交接 |
[29:31] | Are you sure about this? | 你考虑清楚了吗 |
[29:34] | Peggy… | 佩奇 |
[29:37] | I’ve always appreciated what you’ve done for me, | 我一直很感激你为我所做的一切 |
[29:40] | Not just yesterday. | 不仅仅是昨天的事 |
[29:46] | I should see Joan. | 我该去见琼了 |
[29:55] | That takes a lot of guts. | 那需要很大的勇气啊 |
[29:57] | I’ll tell you what takes guts– | 还有比这更需要勇气的呢 |
[29:58] | never having money for lunch. | 吃午饭从来不带钱 |
[30:00] | She owes me, like, $15 at this point. | 到现在 她欠了我将近15美元了 |
[30:02] | What am I gonna do, ask Don? Call her? | 我能怎么办 问唐要 还是打电话给她 |
[30:05] | I think it’s clear why she left. | 她离职原因很明显 |
[30:07] | That’s not why. | 才不是这个原因 |
[30:08] | Well, why? | 那你说为什么 |
[30:09] | Come on, reality got her. | 得了吧 她被现实打击了 |
[30:11] | You work your ass off for months, | 工作累得要死要活的 |
[30:13] | bite your nails, for what? | 诚惶诚恐 为了什么 |
[30:15] | Heinz baked beans. | 亨氏烘豆 |
[30:22] | Why are you so late? | 怎么来这么晚 |
[30:25] | I missed the early train. | 没赶上早班车 |
[30:28] | Megan’s gone. She quit. She’s gonna be an actress. | 梅根要走了 她辞职了 去当演员了 |
[30:30] | Joan just told me, like, five minutes ago. | 琼刚刚跟我说的 |
[30:32] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[30:34] | It doesn’t shock you? | 你不吃惊吗 |
[30:35] | No, not really. | 不 没有 |
[30:38] | What about Don? | 那唐呢 |
[30:39] | Please. They do whatever they want, even to Draper. | 算了 她们一直爱怎样就怎样 对德雷柏也是 |
[30:44] | Well, the good news is | 好处是 |
[30:46] | we don’t have to look over our shoulders anymore, | 我们再也不用担心 |
[30:47] | wondering what she’s gonna tell him. | 她会给唐吹什么枕边风 |
[30:49] | They work it over in their minds, | 她们自己琢磨好 |
[30:51] | turn it off and on when they feel like it, | 想干什么就干什么 |
[30:53] | and we’re just there, waiting at attention. | 我们就得待在这里 等着被垂青 |
[30:56] | It’s not the way it’s supposed to be. | 本来不应该是这样的 |
[31:00] | Trudy pregnant again? | 特鲁迪又怀孕了吗 |
[31:02] | Have you seen those pictures of earth from space? | 你看过那些从外太空拍摄地球的照片吗 |
[31:05] | Of course. | 当然 |
[31:06] | Do they make you feel small and insignificant? | 你有感到自己很渺小吗 |
[31:09] | No, Jennifer does that. | 不 詹妮弗这么觉得 |
[31:10] | And I’m not small, Pete. | 而且皮特 我可不”小” |
[31:12] | Don’t know if you’ve ever heard that about me. | 你难道没有耳闻我的”巨根”故事吗 |
[31:14] | Save it for your convention whores. | 俏皮话留着跟你的卖淫女说吧 |
[31:16] | Hey, keep it down. | 小点声儿 |
[31:17] | I’m asking you a serious question. | 我是很严肃地问你的 |
[31:20] | I like the pictures of the earth. | 我很喜欢那些地球的照片 |
[31:22] | I find them to be majestic. | 十分的宏伟 |
[31:25] | Why do they give you a glimmer of hope | 她们为什么在拒绝之中 |
[31:26] | in the midst of rejection? | 又给你那么一丝丝希望 |
[31:28] | A little thread to hang on to– | 给你一点救命稻草 |
[31:31] | A misplaced word, a suggestion of the future. | 一个不恰当的词 一个对未来的暗示 |
[31:35] | under a court of law, it would look like an accident, | 严格说来 完全就和一场意外一样 |
[31:37] | but it’s not. | 事实却并非如此 |
[31:40] | So we’re not talking about Megan | 我们不是在说梅根吧 |
[31:42] | and we’re not talking about Trudy. | 也不是在说特鲁迪 |
[31:45] | Why do they get to decide what’s going to happen? | 她们凭什么决定一切 |
[31:50] | They just do. | 现实如此 |
[32:04] | So enjoy your lunch. | 好好享受你的聚餐 |
[32:06] | I’ll see you after. I have to get my box. | 一会儿见 我还要回来拿箱子 |
[32:08] | Do you really wanna come back here and do this again? | 你确定还要回来再经历一次离别吗 |
[32:12] | I’ll bring it home. | 我帮你带回家吧 |
[32:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:24] | I’ll see you at home. | 回家见 |
[32:26] | You will. | 回家见 |
[33:32] | Hey, chief, good news. | 老大 好消息 |
[33:33] | Rick from Chevalier found a song they like | 白骑士的瑞克找了一首歌 |
[33:34] | for the “Hard Day’s Night” spot. | 来代替《一夜狂欢》 |
[33:37] | Bet it’s his boyfriend’s favorite. | 肯定是他”男朋友”的最爱 |
[33:40] | Help yourself. | 自己放吧 |
[33:41] | I think it works pretty well. | 我觉得挺好 |
[33:43] | Not that it matters when they send it over, right? | 反正是他们选好送来的 对吧 |
[34:04] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[34:05] | Why am I listening to this? | 为什么选这歌 |
[34:07] | You know we can’t get the Beatles. | 我们不能选披头士的歌 |
[34:08] | It’s not the Beatles. | 这不是披头士 |
[34:09] | This song’s, like, 30 years old. | 这歌听起来像30年前的老歌 |
[34:11] | But it’s happy and it’s fun. | 但是很欢乐 |
[34:13] | And Don thought it was the Beatles. | 而且唐还当成披头士了 |
[34:14] | – And they like it. – Turn it off. | -客户也喜欢 -关掉 |
[34:16] | It’s stabbing me in the fucking heart. | 这歌就像在扎我的心一样 |
[34:19] | Why are you cursing? | 你那么激动干嘛 |
[34:22] | – Can you excuse us? – Sure. | -我们能单独待会儿吗 -当然 |
[34:31] | We’re due at the test kitchen tomorrow. | 我们明天要去试验厨房 |
[34:33] | And they’re expecting, uh… | 他们希望你和… |
[34:37] | what do you want to do? We can just cancel it. | 你打算怎么做 我们可以直接取消 |
[34:39] | We’re not canceling. Tell them Megan’s sick. Peggy will do it. | 不取消 就说梅根病了 让佩奇做 |
[34:42] | Sure. I’ll let her know. | 好的 我去告诉她 |
[34:53] | I wasn’t expecting to see you. | 我没想到会见到你 |
[34:55] | Yeah, well, tonight I go home, | 是啊 今晚我回家 |
[34:56] | have dinner with the wife, everything’s in balance. | 跟妻子吃顿饭 平衡一下两边 |
[35:05] | You know, Howard, I talked to my office | 霍华德 我跟公司谈了谈 |
[35:08] | and it turns out you were right about my policy, | 结果发现保单跟你说的一样 |
[35:10] | so I let them set me up with a broker. | 所以我让他们给我找个代理人 |
[35:12] | Oh, well, why’d you do that? | 你为什么那么做 |
[35:13] | You didn’t even give me a chance. | 你也不给我个机会 |
[35:15] | I’m telling you, aren’t I? | 我这不正跟你说呢 |
[35:17] | I got all the paperwork at my house. | 文件都在我家里 |
[35:18] | I can go home, have supper, and stop by later. | 我回趟家 吃顿饭 稍后去你家 |
[35:21] | Well, our baby’s been sick. | 我家孩子病了 |
[35:23] | You know, I could just stop by right now. | 其实 我现在就可以去你家 |
[35:27] | – Beth’s a great cook. – Is she? | -贝丝做饭很好吃 -是吗 |
[35:32] | We missed you at Megan’s lunch. | 梅根的午餐聚会上没看到你 |
[35:35] | I guess you have some extra work. | 我猜你工作缠身 |
[35:37] | No. I told her I’d rather go to my own lunch with her. | 不 我跟她说希望能单独和她告别 |
[35:40] | I’m not gonna lie– I did not see it coming. | 说真的 我真没想到会这样 |
[35:43] | I thought she would fail here. | 我本以为她在这里会失败 |
[35:45] | I feel bad. | 我感觉很糟 |
[35:47] | I think maybe I was harder on her, | 我觉得也许我太严厉 |
[35:50] | scared her away. | 吓走了她 |
[35:53] | Second wives– it’s like they have a playbook. | 第二任妻子 她们都像有个剧本似的 |
[35:56] | I don’t think she’s like that. | 我觉得她倒不是那样 |
[35:58] | Peggy, | 佩奇 |
[35:59] | she’s going to be a failing actress with a rich husband. | 她会成为一个有着富有丈夫的失败演员 |
[36:02] | No, I think she’s good at everything. | 不 我觉得她什么都在行 |
[36:06] | I think she’s just one of those girls. | 我觉得她是那种完美的女孩 |
[36:08] | Then you had every right to be hard on her. | 那你更该对她严厉点 |
[36:11] | Did you know that he met Betty Draper doing a print ad? | 你知道唐是在做印刷广告时认识的贝蒂·德雷柏吗 |
[36:15] | Did you know she was a model? | 你知道她以前是个模特吗 |
[36:18] | That’s the kind of girl Don marries. | 唐爱娶的就是那种女孩 |
[36:22] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[36:27] | Beth? Honey? | 贝丝 亲爱的 |
[36:33] | I don’t know where the hell my kids are. | 我不知道我家孩子去哪儿了 |
[36:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[36:40] | You have a lovely home. | 你家真漂亮 |
[36:42] | This is my friend Pete from the train. | 来见过我在火车上认识的朋友皮特 |
[36:43] | He has, believe it or not, an insurance emergency. | 信不信由你 他有点保险要务要处理 |
[36:50] | – I really don’t want to be an intrusion. – It’s fine. | -我真的不想打扰 -没事的 |
[36:52] | We’ve always got room for one more. | 我们一直很好客 |
[36:54] | Where are the kids? | 孩子们去哪儿了 |
[36:55] | At my mother’s. | 在我妈家 |
[36:57] | Now, don’t tell me– you’re… 32. | 现在 让我猜猜 你…32岁 |
[37:06] | I’ll be at the Hotel Pennsylvania at 12:30. | 我12点30分会在宾夕法尼亚宾馆 |
[37:08] | No. | 不 |
[37:15] | I don’t want that. | 我不想那样 |
[37:17] | Then throw it out. | 那就把纸条扔了 |
[37:23] | Your old man died young, but in a plane crash, right? | 你父亲在空难中英年早逝 对吗 |
[37:26] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[37:29] | Howard, may I speak with you? | 霍华德 能和你说句话吗 |
[37:38] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[37:41] | She’s got a migraine. | 她有点偏头痛 |
[37:43] | It’s baked chicken. | 我们做了烤鸡 |
[37:44] | I can set a table. | 我也能摆餐具 |
[37:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:47] | You’ve got me in a little trouble here. | 你今天给我添了个小”麻烦” |
[37:50] | Don’t run away. | 别跑哦 |
[37:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:12] | You shouldn’t cook in bare feet. | 你不应该光脚做饭 |
[38:21] | Hello. | 见到你真好 |
[38:23] | Don’t get used to this because there is going to be | 别太习惯这样 以后我可能会经常 |
[38:25] | a lot of crying from rejection. | 因为被拒绝而在你身上痛哭的 |
[38:26] | No, I’ll try and hold it together. | 好 我会努力保持镇定 |
[38:32] | Beef Bourguignon. Taste. | 红酒炖牛肉 尝尝 |
[38:36] | It’s hot as hell. | 烫死了 |
[38:40] | I thought for sure you’d come home drunk. | 我还以为你会醉醺醺的回家 |
[38:43] | Megan… | 梅根 |
[38:45] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[38:49] | Do you wanna fix yourself a drink? | 你想喝一杯吗 |
[38:54] | Don… | 唐 |
[38:58] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[39:01] | You’re everything I had hoped you’d be. | 你是我所期待的一切 |
[39:05] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[39:13] | They’re arranged in varying degrees of sweetness, | 它们根据甜蜜程度排列 |
[39:15] | the sweetest at the end. | 最甜的在最末端 |
[39:16] | It’s like cheese. | 就像奶酪 |
[39:18] | You have to try the camembert before the gorgonzola. | 试戈尔根朱勒干酪之前得先试卡门培尔干酪 |
[39:21] | And we have to use clear bowls. | 我们用了透明碗 |
[39:22] | because everybody used to pick the blue one. | 因为人们总是习惯挑蓝色那个 |
[39:25] | Go ahead, start and we’ll take notes. | 来试试吧 我们会记录下来 |
[39:35] | We’ll start with your thoughts, Ken. | 先来说说你的看法 肯 |
[39:37] | Well, I can’t imagine it tasting any better than that. | 人间哪得几回尝 |
[39:41] | Welcome to the creative cookery kitchen. | 欢迎来到创造厨房 |
[39:43] | You know, I always like to say you’re in for a treat, | 我一直跟人说 你们要受到款待了 |
[39:45] | but today it sounds like we are. | 不过今天恰好是反过来 |
[39:49] | How’s it going? Did I miss anything? | 怎样 我错过什么了吗 |
[39:50] | – They just sampled “A.” – And? | -他们刚尝了样品A -结果呢 |
[39:53] | It’s not whipped cream, but it’s delicious on its own. | 这不是生奶油 但单独吃就很美味 |
[39:59] | Now you answer your wife, right? | 现在你和你夫人要演一段 对吧 |
[40:00] | What? | 什么 |
[40:02] | Listen, Phil, Don’s wife is sick. | 菲尔 唐的妻子身体不适 |
[40:04] | This is peggy. She’s the copywriter. | 这位是佩奇 她是文案 |
[40:06] | – Aw, really? – It’ll be just as good. | -是吗 -效果是一样的 |
[40:09] | Go ahead. | 开始吧 |
[40:15] | – Honey. – Yes, dear? | -亲爱的 -怎么了 亲爱的 |
[40:20] | I was just going to say | 我刚才是想说 |
[40:22] | I don’t even think I want dessert. | 我今天不想吃餐后甜点 |
[40:24] | Well, I made two. | 我做了双人份 |
[40:27] | Don’t do that. | 别拿过去 |
[40:31] | Don’t you wanna know what it is? | 不想知道我做了什么吗 |
[40:33] | – It’s Cool Whip. – That’s right, it’s Cool Whip. | -是清凉维普 -没错 |
[40:36] | Just try it. | 来试试吧 |
[40:39] | Honey, is that really what you want? | 亲爱的 真的想让我试下吗 |
[40:41] | Yes, I want you to try it. | 没错 试下吧 |
[40:42] | Don’t you want me to taste it? | 不想让我尝尝吗 |
[40:44] | Yes, just taste it. | 对 来尝尝吧 |
[40:47] | Why? Is it a topping? | 为什么 这是装饰奶油吗 |
[40:49] | Yes, and you can put it on ice cream | 没错 你还可以放在冰激凌 |
[40:52] | And cake and– and fruit. | 蛋糕 或者水果上 一起吃 |
[40:56] | So it’s a dessert, then? | 所以说这是甜点吗 |
[40:58] | Just try it already. | 来试试吧 |
[41:01] | Just taste it. | 来尝尝吧 |
[41:04] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[41:06] | – Thank you. – A pleasure. | -谢谢你 -我的荣幸 |
[41:07] | We’ll talk soon. | 我们再聊 |
[41:13] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[41:18] | I am so thirsty. | 我嘴巴好干 |
[41:21] | Look, I think you did great. | 我觉得你们演得好极了 |
[41:22] | It wasn’t what it was about anyway. | 本来这就不是重点 |
[41:23] | They know we’re going to cast it. | 他们知道我们会找专业演员 |
[41:24] | You think the actress can remember to say, “Just taste it”? | 你觉得女演员会记得要说”来尝尝吧”吗 |
[41:27] | You didn’t want to rehearse. | 是你自己不想排练 |
[41:28] | You ran it through one time half-assed. | 最后又只是草草过了一遍 |
[41:29] | Look, I’ve done it a bunch. I knew my lines. | 我演过很多遍了 知道自己的台词 |
[41:33] | Do you think Megan would come back and do it in the office? | 你觉得梅根会回来去办公室演一遍吗 |
[41:35] | – Megan is not the problem. – You didn’t want her there! | -不是因为梅根 -是你不想她留在那 |
[41:38] | You were threatened by everything about her. | 是你觉得她的一切都威胁着你 |
[41:40] | I spent more time training her than you did | 我比你花更多时间训练她 |
[41:42] | and eight months defending her. | 整整八个月为她说话 |
[41:43] | Defending her? She was great at it! | 为她说话? 她做得好极了 |
[41:45] | She thinks advertising is stupid. | 她觉得广告业很愚蠢 |
[41:47] | No, she thinks the people she worked with | 不 她是觉得自己同事 |
[41:49] | are cynical and petty. | 对她冷嘲热讽又小气 |
[41:51] | – Listen– – I did everything right, | -听着 -我从没做错什么 |
[41:53] | and I am still getting it from you. | 现在还要挨你骂 |
[41:55] | You know what? You are not mad at me, so shut up! | 其实你根本不是在生我的气 所以闭嘴吧 |
[42:03] | I’m sorry, you can’t smoke in here. | 抱歉 此处禁烟 |
[42:29] | – For god’s sake, are you avoiding me? – Yes. | -拜托 你是在躲着我吗 -没错 |
[42:32] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[42:34] | She’s following her dream. | 她在追寻自己的梦 |
[42:37] | That’s admirable. | 非常令人钦佩 |
[42:40] | I gotta say, I can see her as an actress. | 我必须说 我一直觉得她像演员 |
[42:43] | not that she’s insincere, but, you know. | 不是说她虚伪 只是… |
[42:46] | She’s very sincere. | 她一向真诚 |
[42:48] | I sure as hell didn’t get to choose what I wanted to do. | 我一向无法选择自己的梦想 |
[42:50] | My father told me. | 都是我爸告诉我的 |
[42:52] | I was raised in the ’30s. | 我成长于30年代 |
[42:54] | My dream was indoor plumbing. | 我的梦想就是就当水管工 |
[42:56] | You know what? She wants to have a baby. | 知道吗 她真正想要的是个孩子 |
[42:58] | This is just the beginning of her process. | 这只是她追寻过程的开始 |
[43:00] | I don’t know. I suggested that path on our honeymoon. | 我不知道 蜜月的时候我就提议过 |
[43:03] | She said my kids were enough. | 她说我的孩子够多了 |
[43:06] | Jane wanted a baby, | 简之前就想要个孩子 |
[43:07] | But I thought, “Why do that to somebody?” | 但我觉得 何必为难那孩子 |
[43:14] | Why shouldn’t she do what she wants? | 为何她不能追寻自己的梦想 |
[43:17] | I don’t want her to end up like Betty. | 我不想她走贝蒂的老路 |
[43:19] | Or her mother. | 或她妈妈的老路 |
[43:27] | You gotta go home, | 你该回家了 |
[43:29] | let her know that there’s a routine. | 让她知道 双方规律性的日常生活 |
[43:32] | It’ll keep you both out of trouble. | 可以帮助你们避免问题 |
[43:35] | Mona’s dad told me that. | 莫娜的父亲教我的 |
[43:44] | I was afraid I was going to leave for class and miss you. | 我恐怕得去上课了 想你哦 |
[43:55] | You said you didn’t know what was going on. | 你说过你跟不上潮流 |
[43:57] | I bought you the latest Beatles album. | 我给你买了披头士的最新专辑 |
[44:01] | Start with this one. | 先从这张开始听 |
[44:06] | Have fun. | 上课愉快 |