时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:17] | How is fishing competitive? Man versus fish? | 钓鱼有什么好比的 人和鱼较劲吗 |
[01:21] | – No. – Morning. | -不是 -早上好 |
[01:22] | Man versus man. The weighing, the measuring. | 人和人比 比鱼的重量 尺寸 |
[01:25] | Got to respect anything that rewards you for silence. | 此类崇尚静默的比赛还是要提倡的 |
[01:27] | Come on. | 快进来 |
[01:30] | Morning, all. | 各位早啊 |
[01:35] | My mother always said good news could wait. | 我妈总告诫我好消息不要急着宣布 |
[01:37] | But I spent an hour and a half on the phone last night | 但昨晚我和新交的朋友维克多在电话里 |
[01:39] | with my new best friend Victor at the “New York Times.” | 畅聊了一个半小时 他是《纽约时报》的记者 |
[01:42] | Gonna get a paper route? | 拉关系 赠报童吗 |
[01:44] | No, they’re doing some literary profile on hip agencies. | 不 他们要给潮爆了的广告公司做个专题 |
[01:48] | Hep. | 是新潮 |
[01:49] | After an hour of invading the details of my life– | 此前一个多小时一直对我的人生刨根问底 |
[01:52] | You shouldn’t start it with the mayflower. | 谁叫你从”五月花”号那段历史开始说 |
[01:53] | Anyway, I told him to get in touch with you. | 不管怎样 我让他也联系你们了 |
[01:56] | He wants to see what we’ve been up to. | 他就想知道我们在忙些什么 |
[01:58] | I’ll have Joan put it together. | 我让琼来安排打理吧 |
[01:59] | And don’t worry about an interview. | 采访你们就别操心了 |
[02:01] | He seemed to be only interested in talking to me. | 他似乎只对我感兴趣 |
[02:04] | Sterling Campbell Draper Pryce, may I help you? | 斯”坎”德普广告公司 有什么需要帮助吗 |
[02:21] | And this one. | 加上这张 |
[02:24] | That’ll do it. | 应该够了 |
[02:32] | Peggy really got buried with Heinz. | 佩奇一门心思在忙亨氏广告案啊 |
[02:34] | Yes, they are mostly Mr. Ginsberg. | 是的 大部分是金斯伯格先生的作品 |
[02:38] | Look at all the great work you’ve done as creative director. | 瞧瞧你身为创意总监完成的这些得意之作 |
[02:41] | Look at all these voices, all this talent. | 瞧这溢美之词 瞧这异禀天赋 |
[02:44] | You really should put the letter in there. | 你真该把那封信一起放进去 |
[02:46] | Should I? That was a year ago. | 是吗 都一年前的事了 |
[02:48] | As far as the world knows, it wasn’t really an ad. | 在旁人看来 它都算不上广告 |
[02:51] | It’s something to talk about. | 但它能够引起话题 |
[02:54] | We’re still suffering for it. | 我们还在为此受罪呢 |
[02:56] | Might as well get something out of it. | 从中获点好处也无妨 |
[02:59] | Leave ’em. | 就放这吧 |
[03:06] | See, because planing with pros makes you worse | 瞧 找职业选手打让你更难受了吧 |
[03:08] | makes you self conscious. | 让你自惭形秽了 |
[03:11] | Look Jessy, you golf with me, | 听着杰西 跟我打高尔夫 |
[03:13] | you gonna win evreytime. | 你肯定能场场赢 |
[03:14] | No, because I’m terrible. | 没 因为我打得臭 |
[03:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:22] | Get Max Rosenberg on the phone. | 帮我接通麦克斯·罗森伯格的电话 |
[03:24] | I thought your tailor was Italian. | 还以为你的裁缝是意大利人呢 |
[03:27] | I met him at the Javits Fundraiser. | 在贾维茨会展中心的筹款活动上认识的 |
[03:29] | He’s got a piece of business. It’s a Jewish wine. | 他有广告业务要委托 犹太葡萄酒 |
[03:32] | – Why not bring it up at new business? – Why? | -为什么新业务汇报时不提及 -为什么 |
[03:36] | Don’t you think we’re capable of doing this on our own? | 你不觉得这单生意我们能单干吗 |
[03:39] | Mr. Campbell is very good for our business, | 虽说坎贝尔先生对我们的业务贡献良多 |
[03:41] | But this requires your finesse | 不过还是需要你的老谋深算 |
[03:42] | And, frankly, your semitic wife. | 以及 老实说 你的犹太妻子 |
[03:45] | Bert, how do you not know I’m getting a divorce? | 伯特 你怎么还没听说我要离婚的事 |
[03:48] | Not Mona, Jane. | 没说莫娜 简 |
[03:50] | Jane and I are getting divorced. | 简和我打算离婚 |
[03:53] | Already? | 这么快又离? |
[03:57] | How Jewish are they? | 犹太风有多浓厚 |
[03:58] | You know, “Fiddler on the Roof,” audience or cast? | 《屋顶上的小提琴手》 台上那种还是台下的 |
[04:01] | The company is Manischewitz. Max will know. | 是曼尼舍维葡萄酒 问麦克斯 他知道 |
[04:13] | You can’t blink. Try to keep your eyes open | 别眨眼 试着一直睁着眼睛 |
[04:15] | so the sting from the air comes in. | 这样空气进去就会刺得你生疼 |
[04:17] | Like this. | 像这样 |
[04:24] | Daddy, don’t forget the colored pencils. | 爸爸 别忘了给我买彩色铅笔 |
[04:27] | Whining is not gonna get you anything. | 装哭可没用 |
[04:29] | I’m crying because I need them | 我之所以哭求是因为我急需 |
[04:30] | so badly for my family tree project. | 它们来完成我的家谱作业 |
[04:38] | Dinner’s at 7:00? | 7点晚餐吗 |
[04:39] | You’re gonna work all day? | 你要工作一整天吗 |
[04:41] | It’s 3:30. | 现在都3点半了 |
[04:46] | – Bye, boys. – Bye-bye. | -走了孩子们 -拜拜 |
[04:55] | How’d you do that? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[04:56] | Just keep ’em wide open | 你就把眼睛睁得大大的 |
[04:57] | and think about something that makes you sad. | 然后想一些让你难过的事 |
[06:09] | They’re probably tying their shoes. | 他们可能在系鞋带 |
[06:10] | That’s what it always is. | 一直是这样 |
[06:11] | I can’t sit here all day. | 我不能一直在这停着 |
[06:13] | I thought you could park anywhere. | 你不是可以随便停车吗 |
[06:14] | Betty, I’m not an ambulance. | 贝蒂 我开的又不是救护车 |
[06:16] | We’re double-parked. | 挡着别人路呢 |
[06:17] | What do you think you’re doing, pal? | 你挡着路搞什么 老兄 |
[06:18] | Okay. Jesus. | 知道了 老天啊 |
[06:22] | Just go get ’em. I’ll circle. | 去接他们吧 我一会儿绕回来 |
[06:44] | The doorman said you were downstairs. | 门童说你在楼下 |
[06:46] | Where’s Megan? | 梅根呢 |
[06:47] | I don’t know. In the bathroom. | 不知道 可能在洗手间吧 |
[06:48] | Hurry up, get everybody. | 快把他们都叫来吧 |
[06:51] | Bobby, Gene, mom’s here. | 博比 吉恩 妈妈来了 |
[06:54] | Come on. | 快点儿 |
[07:46] | Uh, we were waiting. | 我们之前有在楼下等 |
[07:49] | And they buzzed you. | 大楼管理员通知过你了 |
[07:52] | Henry’s double-parked. | 亨利把人家的车堵住了 |
[07:53] | I’m sorry. I’ve lost track of the time. | 抱歉 我没注意看时间 |
[07:56] | Don’s late. | 唐回来晚了 |
[07:59] | This is quite an apartment. | 公寓真漂亮 |
[08:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:03] | I think you’ve seen most of it. | 你应该也参观得差不多了吧 |
[08:06] | – Bobby, come on. – I’ll go get them. | -博比 快点 -我去叫他们 |
[08:09] | Daddy was supposed to bring the colored pencils. | 爸爸应该带彩色铅笔回来的 |
[08:11] | I’ll buy you some. Let’s go. | 我会给你买的 走吧 |
[08:16] | Okay, goodbye. | 好吧 再见 |
[08:22] | Bye. | 再见 |
[08:24] | This is irritating. | 太讨厌了 |
[08:27] | I’ll see you in two weeks. | 两周后见 |
[08:30] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[08:39] | A trail of Sno Balls leading to bigger sales. | 雪宝 让利润越滚越大 |
[08:44] | A frozen machine that makes money for vendors. | 雪宝 让小贩疯赚的冰冻机器 |
[08:48] | Now, if it’s for the customers, the kids, | 如果把它给顾客 也就是孩子们 |
[08:52] | do they get to work the machine? | 他们会让这机器运作起来吗 |
[08:55] | Find out. | 去寻找答案吧 |
[08:57] | A snowman… | 一个雪人 |
[09:01] | on the beach. | 在沙滩上 |
[09:23] | A Sno Ball’s chance in hell. | 雪球掉进了地狱 |
[09:27] | They don’t melt. | 没有融化 |
[09:29] | They’re refreshing for the damned. | 却让恶魔为之一振 |
[09:32] | They’re sinful. | 他们充满了罪恶 |
[09:34] | The Sno ball is the sin | 雪宝可以 |
[09:36] | that gets you into hell. | 把你卷入地狱 |
[09:39] | They’re sinfully delicious. | 致命的美食诱惑 |
[09:44] | Jesus, not bad. | 老天 还真不错 |
[09:50] | Just put Gene to bed. I’ll be right up. | 送吉恩去睡觉 我马上就上去 |
[10:18] | Everyone loves the cartoons in the “New Yorker.” | 大家都喜欢《纽约客》里面的卡通 |
[10:21] | And I thought we could do that kind | 我觉得我们也可以效仿一下 |
[10:23] | with the guys crawling across the Sahara dying of thirst– | 画些正艰难穿越撒哈拉沙漠的人 口渴难耐 |
[10:27] | the long beard, the tattered shirt. | 长胡子 破烂的衬衫 |
[10:31] | Only there’s four guys. | 不过里面有四个人 |
[10:33] | And each one has a thought bubble above him. | 每个人的脑袋上都有个气泡 |
[10:36] | “Water, water, water, Sno Ball.” | “水 水 水 雪宝” |
[10:42] | – What’s the line? – Doesn’t need one. | -那广告词是什么 -不需要啊 |
[10:45] | Well, if you want to stay with the “New Yorker” thing, | 如果你效仿《纽约客》的风格 |
[10:48] | maybe some kind of cryptic joke. | 那也要有点笑点才行 |
[10:50] | I already have the joke. | 已经有一个笑点了 |
[10:52] | Okay. Your turn. | 好吧 你来 |
[10:54] | Ahem. As much as I hate following another comedian. | 尽管我不想再走搞笑风格 |
[10:57] | Sno Ball, because it’s for kids, | 但雪宝 因为是为孩子们的产品 |
[10:59] | demands a big, loud joke. | 得非常搞笑才行 |
[11:01] | “Hit me in the face with a Sno Ball” is the tag. | 广告词是 “甩我一脸雪球吧” |
[11:03] | And the picture is | 而画面就是 |
[11:04] | someone getting hit in the face with a snowball. | 某人被甩了一脸雪球 |
[11:06] | Not the drink, | 甩的不是饮料 |
[11:07] | an actual round, white, messy snowball. | 而是一个真实的 又大又白的雪球 |
[11:10] | And when I say someone, I mean a cop, | 被甩的人可以是个警察 |
[11:12] | school teacher with glasses, | 戴眼镜的老师 |
[11:13] | businessman, Indian Chief. | 商人 或者印第安酋长 |
[11:15] | Anybody kids hate. And maybe a pig. | 孩子们讨厌的人就行 也可以是只猪 |
[11:20] | Why a pig? | 为什么是猪 |
[11:22] | I don’t know, but everybody laughed. | 不知道 但大家都笑了 |
[11:24] | Great, so that’s a way to go. | 很不错 是个好主意 |
[11:26] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[11:28] | Also, Sno Ball comes with its own slogan | 而且 雪宝本身就附带着广告词 |
[11:30] | because when you think of a snowball, | 因为当你想到雪球时 |
[11:31] | there’s a 90% chance you think of its chance in hell. | 90%你会想到”雪球在地狱”那个短语 |
[11:37] | Oh, right. That’s true. | 对 没错 |
[11:41] | So I picture this devil | 所以我构思了一个恶魔 |
[11:44] | with a mischievous smile on his face, | 脸上挂着狡黠的笑容 |
[11:46] | sipping a Sno Ball in front of the flames of hell. | 面对着地狱里的火焰 抿一口雪宝 |
[11:49] | The cup is beading with condensation. | 杯子上满是水珠 |
[11:52] | And in your head you hear his voice, | 你脑中仿佛就出现了他的声音 |
[11:55] | “Yes, even me.” | “没错 连我也爱喝” |
[12:03] | That’s actually good. | 真是个挺好的创意 |
[12:05] | I’m glad I could surprise you. | 我很高兴能惊艳到你 |
[12:08] | No, it’s just damn impressive. | 不 真的让人印象深刻 |
[12:10] | You could not write for so long and come back with that. | 你停笔那么长时间 依然是高水准 |
[12:14] | It’s good to know. | 不错 |
[12:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:18] | – It’s great. – I’m working on the line. | -很厉害 -我还在想广告词 |
[12:20] | I’ll do the rest of it. That’s the easiest part to change. | 我先把图画好 广告词最后填进去 |
[12:22] | So let’s run with both of these. | 我们两个创意都开始做吧 |
[12:41] | May I? | 我可以说吗 |
[12:43] | Judy Steckler, half-pound loss. | 朱蒂·斯戴克勒 减了半磅 |
[12:53] | That’s so good. We both had a good week. | 真棒 我们这周都很不错 |
[12:56] | I don’t know what happened. | 我也不知道怎么回事 |
[12:56] | I just wasn’t that hungry this week. | 这周我一直没怎么觉得饿 |
[13:01] | Oh, stop it. You’re here. You came. | 没事的 你在这里 你有勇气来到这 |
[13:09] | This meeting can start to define what is a good week | 每周的例会逐渐决定 |
[13:12] | and a bad week in our lives. | 每一周是好是坏 |
[13:15] | But there are good weeks and bad weeks for thin people, too. | 可是对于瘦人来说 每一周同样有好有坏 |
[13:20] | Coming to Weight Watchers is not just a chance | 来减肥互助会不仅仅是一个 |
[13:23] | to feel better about yourself. | 让你更加自信的机会 |
[13:25] | It’s a chance to share. | 也是一个倾诉的机会 |
[13:27] | So that if for example, | 所以 比如说 |
[13:28] | you’re someone like me, you don’t stuff yourself | 如果你跟我一样 别靠吃东西来解闷 |
[13:31] | just to keep from telling your family your problems. | 去逃避向家人倾诉 |
[13:34] | How was your week, everybody? | 各位这周过得怎么样 |
[13:39] | Betty? | 贝蒂 |
[13:45] | I had a bad week out there | 我这周过得很不好 |
[13:48] | after having a good week in here. | 虽然确实瘦了一些 |
[13:50] | Could you stand up, sweetheart? | 能站起来吗 亲爱的 |
[13:59] | I, you know, had a… | 就是 我 这周 |
[14:04] | a very trying experience. | 碰见了挺难受的事 |
[14:09] | I was in an unfamiliar place | 我处在一个完全陌生的环境里 |
[14:11] | and I saw– | 看到了 |
[14:13] | felt a lot of things I wish I hadn’t. | 产生了一些我不想有的情绪 |
[14:19] | And I lost a half a pound. | 不过我减掉了半磅 |
[14:22] | And I feel like I should pat myself on the back | 我应该拍拍自己的肩膀 |
[14:24] | because it was really hard. | 因为这实在很不容易 |
[14:28] | We always talk about our goal in pounds, | 我们总在以磅来衡量自己的目标 |
[14:31] | but that’s not all it is, is it? | 但那并非是唯一的标准 不是吗 |
[14:33] | Thank you, Betty. | 谢谢你 贝蒂 |
[14:35] | Anyone else? Katherine with a “K.” | 还有人吗 凯瑟琳 |
[14:39] | Burke Devlin will never be a stranger in Collinsport. | 博克·代弗林会在科林斯堡长期逗留 |
[14:41] | Just do what you’re told. | 你就按照指示行事 |
[14:43] | But the way he looks at Vicky– I know what that means. | 但是他看维姬的眼神 我知道那意味着什么 |
[14:46] | Who was she to him, Mr. Collins? | 科林斯先生 她是他什么人 |
[14:47] | I’ve heard her name too many times. | 她的名字不断出现在我耳边 |
[14:49] | What could that miserable schoolmarm offer him that I can’t? | 我有什么比不上那个古板的老女人吗 |
[14:52] | I’ll kill myself! I will! | 我不想活了 不活了 |
[14:57] | Who the hell is this woman? | 那个女人是谁 |
[15:00] | She’s a new character. | 一个新人物 |
[15:02] | She’s a cook and she’s in love. | 她是个厨师 恋爱中的厨师 |
[15:03] | She’s insane. She needs a drink. | 她是个疯子 没吃药的疯子 |
[15:07] | They want you to be emotional. | 他们就是要我表现得失控一点 |
[15:09] | You haven’t even seen the show. | 你还没看过演出呢 |
[15:10] | I’ve seen a soap opera. | 我看过肥皂剧的 |
[15:12] | I don’t think I’ve seen one this bad. | 但是没看过这么烂的 |
[15:14] | And isn’t this supposed to be scary? | 这不是个惊悚片吗 |
[15:15] | I didn’t come for an acting lesson, | 我不是来听你教我如何表演的 |
[15:17] | but thank you for making me more nervous. | 谢谢你让我更紧张了 |
[15:19] | Come on, we used to laugh about this together. | 别这样 我们以前一起嘲笑过这种烂戏的 |
[15:22] | You’ll go in and turn that chuck into tenderloin. | 你快去帮他们化腐朽为神奇吧 |
[15:25] | You know what? It’s just so easy for you | 知道吗 这对你来说可能不算什么 |
[15:27] | from your throne on 73rd and park. | 你现在养尊处优 |
[15:29] | Some of us act for a living | 我们表演是为了混口饭吃 |
[15:31] | and we wait tables when we don’t. | 没活干的时候还要给人家端盘子 |
[15:33] | – That’s not fair. – No, it isn’t. | -你说话真不公平 -是的 确实不公平 |
[15:35] | What do you want me to say? | 你要我说什么 |
[15:37] | That I’d kill for an audition in this piece o crap? | 说我无论如何也要演这个烂戏吗 |
[15:40] | I would. Are you happy? | 好吧我会的 高兴了吧 |
[15:46] | Look, I’m sorry. I’m nervous. | 对不起 我很紧张 |
[15:49] | I haven’t had a job in a while | 我有段时间没接到活儿了 |
[15:50] | And you’re lucky, that’s all. | 你是幸运儿 没别的意思 |
[15:54] | I am. | 我的确很幸运 |
[15:58] | I’ve got to go. I’ve got a shift. | 我得走了 我还要上班 |
[16:09] | What should I bring for Thanksgiving? | 感恩节我带什么过来 |
[16:12] | Something sweet. | 带甜食吧 |
[16:20] | Mr. Ginsberg is here to see you. | 金斯伯格先生来见您 |
[16:25] | I like the connected dots. What’s it end up being? | 这连点游戏很不错 最后连起来是什么 |
[16:28] | Actually, it’s reminiscent | 确切地说 |
[16:29] | of certain experiences for some people. | 有不同回忆的人 会看到不同的图 |
[16:32] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[16:38] | – Michael, can you keep a secret? – Nope. | -迈克 能保密吗 -不行 |
[16:44] | I need you to do some work for me on a prospective account. | 我有个潜在客户 需要你帮忙 |
[16:48] | It will involve a client dinner. | 我会约客户吃个饭 |
[16:51] | And murder. | 然后宰一把 |
[16:57] | You’re not going to dinner. | 不会带你去的 |
[16:58] | What I need from you is a couple of ideas | 我需要你的一些创意 |
[17:00] | for a company called Monarch Wines. | 那个公司名字是帝王葡萄酒业公司 |
[17:02] | The brand is Manischewitz. | 酒的品牌叫曼尼舍维 |
[17:04] | – You assume that I’m Jewish. – Stop talking. | -你觉得我是犹太人 -不要插嘴 |
[17:07] | They make wine for Jews. | 那公司之前主要给犹太人做洁食酒 |
[17:08] | And now they’re making one they want to sell to normal people. | 现在他们想生产一种酒卖给正常人 |
[17:11] | You know what I mean– people like me. | 你知道我什么意思 就是我这种人 |
[17:13] | I think they’re open to anything, | 我觉得他们会接受任何点子 |
[17:14] | but it has to be cheap, surprise, but impactful. | 但是要性价比高 有惊喜 有震撼力 |
[17:18] | Bring me a couple of your best by sundown Friday. | 星期五晚上之前把你最好的点子拿给我 |
[17:21] | I have done a little research. | 我是做过一点调查的 |
[17:24] | You know, I work for the agency. | 我是为公司工作的 |
[17:27] | And I don’t know I want to keep a secret from Don. | 我不知道我会不会跟唐说 |
[17:31] | You know Don — tall guy, short temper. | 你认识唐的 高个子 坏脾气 |
[17:34] | For the purposes of this dinner these are my ideas. | 吃饭的目的就是让他们认为这是我的点子 |
[17:36] | If it works out, Don will obviously pick you for it | 如果谈成了 唐自然会让你接手 |
[17:39] | and you can come up with them all over again. | 然后你可以有新的点子 |
[17:40] | Yeah, but why? | 我知道 但是为什么 |
[17:42] | Well, Michael, | 跟你说 迈克 |
[17:45] | when a man hates another man | 当一个人讨厌另外一个人 |
[17:47] | very, very much, | 非常非常讨厌 |
[17:49] | sometimes he wants to know that something is his, | 有时候他想知道某种东西就属于他 |
[17:52] | even if in the end he has to give it up. | 即使最后他也不得不放弃 |
[17:54] | You really do hate Campbell. | 你真的很讨厌坎贝尔 |
[17:56] | I don’t devote all the energy to hating people anymore. | 我现在不再花精力去讨厌别人了 |
[17:59] | It’s for Mr. Cooper. | 都是为了库珀先生 |
[18:01] | And what’s for me? It’s a lot of work. | 我有什么回报 这工作量挺大的 |
[18:03] | My paying clients might suffer. | 我现在的客户会受影响的 |
[18:05] | Jesus, I am bankrolling this entire outfit. | 老天 我要被你们这些人榨干了 |
[18:10] | Say 100 now and 100 Monday morning. | 先给100元 然后星期一早上另给100 |
[18:13] | You wipe your ass with 200 bucks. | 200块只够你擦屁股 |
[18:15] | Here, take it. | 拿着就是了 |
[18:17] | I’ve got to start carrying less cash. | 我以后身上不能带那么多钱了 |
[18:24] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[18:26] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:28] | I can’t eat fish five times a week. | 我不能一周五天都吃鱼 |
[18:33] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:35] | I don’t want you to go to bed hungry. | 我不想你饿着睡觉 |
[18:38] | I don’t do it all the time. | 又不经常这样 |
[18:40] | Go to sleep. | 你先去睡吧 |
[18:44] | You better take it out. | 可以盛出来了 |
[19:01] | Sit down. This is nice. | 坐吧 这样挺好的 |
[19:08] | Don’t know that it’s nice that I’ve driven you to this | 因为我管不住自己的嘴 |
[19:10] | because I can’t control myself. | 害你挨饿有什么好的 |
[19:12] | Sweetheart, it’s got nothing to do with you. | 亲爱的 不是你的问题 |
[19:16] | Well, what is it? | 那是为什么 |
[19:17] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[19:21] | I’ve just been putting it together | 我只是慢慢发现 |
[19:22] | that this job is a dead end. | 这个工作没前途 |
[19:26] | Does Lindsay want someone else for the campaign? | 林赛想让别人帮他参选吗 |
[19:28] | Lindsay’s not running. | 林赛不想参选 |
[19:30] | He keeps saying that, but, you know. | 他总是这么说 但你知道的 |
[19:32] | Betty, I’m the one who keeps saying it. | 贝蒂 是我老在说 |
[19:35] | Turns out he’s the one who means it. | 但他却是认真的 |
[19:37] | He wants to wait until ’72, | 他想等到第72年 |
[19:38] | but now’s the time. | 但现在时机已经成熟了 |
[19:40] | Once he’s out, Rocky will get the nomination. | 他一退出 洛基就会得到提名 |
[19:45] | Rocky can’t run. He’s divorced. | 洛基不能参选 他离婚了 |
[19:47] | Nobody cares anymore. He just got re-elected governor. | 没人在乎 他刚连任了州长 |
[19:53] | I bet on the wrong horse, Betty. | 我跟错人了 贝蒂 |
[19:57] | I jumped ship for nothing. | 忙到最后只是一场空 |
[20:03] | This is a setback. | 不过是个小挫折罢了 |
[20:06] | You’re always thinking about other people, | 你总是为别人着想 |
[20:09] | and then you’re angry because no one’s thinking about you. | 又很生气因为没人为你着想 |
[20:12] | But I am. | 但我想着你 |
[20:15] | It’s so easy to blame our problems on others, | 把自己的问题怪到别人身上总是很容易 |
[20:18] | But really we’re in charge of ourselves. | 但只有自己能为自己做主 |
[20:21] | And I’m here to help you | 我会帮你的 |
[20:24] | As you’re here to help me. | 就像你帮我一样 |
[20:27] | We’ll figure out what’s next. | 我们一起为接下来的事做打算 |
[20:40] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[20:42] | Midnight, I think. | 半夜了吧 |
[20:45] | Can I count it as tomorrow? | 能算做是明天的进食吗 |
[20:48] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[20:51] | Now. | 吃吧 |
[21:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:07] | Hello. | 喂 |
[21:08] | What do you want? | 你有什么事 |
[21:10] | I want to have dinner. | 和你吃晚餐 |
[21:11] | Is that a good idea? | 这样好吗 |
[21:13] | You know what, Jane? | 你知道吗 简 |
[21:14] | When we took L.S.D., | 我们一起吃迷幻药的时候 |
[21:16] | You swore to me that you would always be there for me. | 你发誓你会永远支持我 |
[21:20] | Stop telling me things I said that night. | 别再提那晚我说了什么 |
[21:22] | Like I know I didn’t promise to remarry right away | 就像我知道我没保证过立刻再婚 |
[21:25] | just to save you alimony. | 来帮你省赡养费 |
[21:27] | No, this is true. | 不 是真的 |
[21:28] | And I have a very painless exercise, | 我现在有个无关痛痒的工作 |
[21:30] | which is taking some extremely important clients to dinner | 就是去和一些很重要的客户吃饭 |
[21:32] | and having you on my arm. | 但要带你在身边 |
[21:35] | Why don’t you ask Joanie? | 你怎么不带琼去 |
[21:37] | She’s a professional something. | 她不是专业吗 |
[21:39] | Because they’re dying to meet you. | 因为他们只想见你 |
[21:41] | You’d like them. It’s a dinner. | 你会喜欢他们的 一顿饭而已 |
[21:44] | I’ll owe you. | 算我欠你的 |
[21:48] | I want you to buy me a new apartment. | 我要你帮我买间新公寓 |
[21:52] | What’s wrong with the one you’re in? | 你现在住的有什么不好 |
[21:55] | Your mother is my landlord. | 你妈是房东 |
[21:57] | And honestly, it has a lot of memories | 而且说实话 这里有太多回忆了 |
[22:00] | and it’s painful to be here. | 住在这里很痛苦 |
[22:04] | And I feel like I can’t start a new life | 如果我不从新的地方开始 |
[22:05] | until I start a new life. | 我也没办法开始新的生活 |
[22:07] | This is the most expensive dinner in history. | 这真是史上最贵的晚餐了 |
[22:09] | Really? Because I found the perfect one. | 你答应了 我已经找到一间完美的房子了 |
[22:12] | Well, you’re lucky I called, then. | 那就庆幸我给你打电话了吧 |
[22:15] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[22:17] | Have your lawyer tell my lawyer what time dinner is. | 让你的律师通知我的律师时间 |
[22:20] | I don’t know, I feel like one of us should say thank you. | 某人是不是该说声谢谢 |
[22:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[22:35] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[22:42] | You can’t be here. | 你不能来这儿 |
[22:44] | I missed you. | 我想你 |
[22:47] | And I kept thinking about you. | 你在我脑海里挥之不去 |
[22:55] | I thought you were done with me. | 我以为我们已经结束了 |
[22:58] | I forgot you. | 我是忘了你 |
[23:00] | And then I saw you in the “New York Times” Sunday magazine. | 但我又在《纽约时报》周末特刊上看见你了 |
[23:21] | Can I go watch TV? | 我能去看电视吗 |
[23:22] | Did you finish everything? | 作业都做完了 |
[23:24] | Yeah. You can check it. | 做完了 你可以检查 |
[23:25] | Yeah? I just might do that. | 是吗 拿来看看 |
[23:31] | My god, are you still working on the tree? | 你怎么还在画家谱 |
[23:33] | All they care about is the names. | 他们只关心名字而已 |
[23:35] | Well, I have questions. | 我有个问题 |
[23:37] | Do Megan and Henry get branches? | 梅根和亨利要算进去吗 |
[23:39] | Of course. They get a branch off of us | 当然了 和我们写在一起 |
[23:41] | because we’re your parents. | 因为我们是你父母 |
[23:43] | What is this mess? | 这是些什么乱七八糟的 |
[23:47] | You carry this around with you every day? | 你每天都带着这些东西 |
[23:54] | This goes in your math folder. | 这些放进数学文件夹里 |
[23:57] | This goes in your spelling. | 这些是拼写的 |
[24:04] | Is this what you’re doing in class? | 你上课就在画这些 |
[24:06] | No, I made it at daddy’s. | 不是 这是在爸爸那画的 |
[24:09] | Well, it’s very nice, | 挺好的 |
[24:11] | Although I don’t know why he’s smiling. | 虽然我不知道它为什么还笑得出来 |
[24:23] | “Lovely Megan, | “亲爱的梅根 |
[24:25] | I went to buy a light bulb. | 我去买灯泡 |
[24:27] | When I get back, | 这样等我回来时 |
[24:28] | I’ll see you better. | 才能把你看得更清楚 |
[24:29] | Love, Don.” | 爱你的唐” |
[24:36] | Everything looks good. | 作业都完成得不错 |
[24:37] | I’ll take care of this. You can go. | 这里我来收拾 你去看电视吧 |
[24:46] | You know what? Don’t forget your daddy’s first wife. | 对了 别忘了写上你爸爸的原配 |
[24:49] | You’re right here. Elizabeth Hofstadt Francis. | 已经写上你了 伊丽莎白·霍夫斯特·弗朗西斯 |
[24:53] | No, your father had another wife before me. | 不 在我之前你爸爸还结过一次婚 |
[24:57] | He did? | 是吗 |
[25:00] | I’m surprised he didn’t tell you that. | 我真惊讶他居然没告诉你 |
[25:03] | Megan helped me. | 是梅根和我一起画的 |
[25:06] | Just put it down. It’s Anna Draper. | 你写下来就是了 她叫安娜·德雷柏 |
[25:08] | She’s a deceased. And turn it in already. | 她去世了 快把作业交掉 |
[25:10] | I don’t want another call from school. | 我可不想学校给我来电话 |
[25:14] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[25:17] | I don’t know why Megan didn’t tell you. Ask her. | 我不知道为什么梅根没跟你说 去问她 |
[25:20] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:29] | Hey, I’ve got an office just across the ladies’ room | 我的办公室在隔壁保险公司的 |
[25:31] | from the insurance company next door. | 女卫生间的对面 |
[25:32] | At least you’re over here. | 起码你的还在这儿 |
[25:34] | I’m the head of my department. | 我可是个部门总监 |
[25:35] | And I’ve been working very hard and doing very well. | 工作认真负责 业绩突出 |
[25:37] | And nothing has changed here. | 可是什么好处也没给我 |
[25:39] | It’s a lot of empty promises. | 给我的全是些空头支票 |
[25:40] | What were you promised? | 他们许诺你什么了 |
[25:42] | Hello. | 好啊 |
[25:43] | It’s a mess in there. | 那儿可真是一团糟 |
[25:50] | Both campaigns draw you in, | 两个策划都很吸引人 |
[25:52] | but in different ways. This one’s a series. | 但是方式不同 这个是系列广告 |
[25:55] | If Harry rolls it out right, you wonder who’s gonna get hit next. | 要是哈里推广的好 人们就会好奇谁是下一个 |
[25:57] | That’s great. | 这想法真赞 |
[25:58] | And this one pulls you in | 而左边这个 |
[25:59] | as you hear the evil voice inside your head. | 当恶魔之音在脑海盘旋 你就会深陷其中 |
[26:02] | “This could change everything.” | “一切因此而改变” |
[26:07] | I think the devil is clever. | 我比较喜欢恶魔这个 |
[26:08] | “Snowball’s chance in hell” and so forth. | 让人想起”雪球进了地狱”这个短语 |
[26:11] | But I think the getting hit in the face | 不过我认为雪球打脸的创意 |
[26:12] | has a loud, juvenile quality. | 有种 童趣 |
[26:13] | That makes a Sno Ball seem more fun than a soft drink. | 给雪宝增添了一份乐趣 |
[26:16] | Also, they kept talking about refreshing, | 确实 客户一直强调使人精神振作 |
[26:17] | And this one is literally a slap in the face. | 这直接就是把雪球拍到脸上 |
[26:19] | The devil could be a series, too. | 恶魔的创意也能变成系列广告 |
[26:21] | We could see what he’s up to in different situations. | 我们可以把他置于不同的情景中 |
[26:23] | And it’s got the heat that Warren talked about for thirst. | 正好符合沃伦提过的极渴的情境 |
[26:25] | This one’s funnier. | 这个想法更有趣点 |
[26:29] | Let’s lead with that one and take them both. | 不如我们以雪球创意打头 恶魔用来保险 |
[26:32] | Great. | 好极了 |
[26:33] | Funny stuff. Really good work. | 有趣的创意 做的很出色 |
[26:35] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢夸奖 -谢谢 |
[26:37] | I’ve got drinks. | 我去喝点东西 |
[26:39] | Take these to full color. | 给它们上色 |
[26:40] | Absolutely. | 遵命 |
[26:42] | – What time is it? – Bye, creative. | -几点了 -再见 文案们 |
[26:45] | “Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.” | “盖世功业 敢叫天公折服” |
[26:50] | You should read the rest of that poem, you boob. | 你该把这首诗读全 傻瓜 |
[26:58] | Come on. Here. | 快 过来 |
[27:00] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[27:02] | Sally? | 萨丽 |
[27:05] | – Sally. – Bye. | -萨丽 -再见 |
[27:08] | Have fun. | 在家待得开心 |
[27:11] | Come on. Let’s go. | 出发吧 |
[27:22] | Do you want me to make you something? You haven’t eaten. | 要不要给你做点什么 你还什么都没吃呢 |
[27:25] | I told you I don’t want anything. | 我说了我没有胃口 |
[27:28] | Why are you being so nasty today? | 你今天怎么一直这么凶 |
[27:30] | Because you’re a phony. | 因为你很虚伪 |
[27:32] | Hey, you don’t talk to me like that. | 你怎么可以这么跟我说话 |
[27:35] | – Who is Anna? – What? | -安娜是谁 -什么 |
[27:38] | You acted like you were friends with me. | 你装作是我的朋友 |
[27:41] | But you really do whatever he says. | 实际上对他唯命是从 |
[27:44] | And guess what. | 你知道吗 |
[27:45] | You’re not special. And neither was Anna. | 不要自命不凡了 你和安娜都不特别 |
[27:49] | Where did you hear that? | 你从哪儿听来的 |
[27:50] | You were my friend first. | 我之前一直把你当朋友 |
[27:52] | Who told you about her? | 是谁告诉你她的事的 |
[27:54] | Someone who doesn’t lie. | 一个不会对我说谎的人 |
[27:56] | Someone who didn’t just pretend to care about my school project. | 一个不虚情假意装作在乎我学业的人 |
[27:59] | Sally, listen to me. I wasn’t lying. | 萨丽 听我说 我没说谎 |
[28:01] | I just– I didn’t think it was my place to say. | 我只是觉得 那事不该由我来说 |
[28:04] | Everybody knows. | 全天下就我不知情 |
[28:05] | You’re a little girl. And it’s complicated. | 你还小 这事很复杂 |
[28:08] | Fine, just keep digging yourself deeper. | 你不必开脱 只会越描越黑 |
[28:15] | I don’t know what your mother told you, | 我不知道你妈妈跟你说了些什么 |
[28:17] | But your father and Anna got married to help each other. | 但你爸爸和安娜结婚只是为了扶持彼此 |
[28:20] | They never lived together and they never had any babies. Honest. | 他们从未同居 也没孩子 真的 |
[28:24] | So why did he marry her? | 那他为什么要娶她 |
[28:27] | It was a long time ago. | 那是很久之前的事了 |
[28:29] | And back then it was the only way to help each other out. | 只有那样他们才能摆脱困境 |
[28:34] | So why did he marry you? | 那他为什么要娶你 |
[28:39] | – Talk to your father. – I don’t want to. | -你该问你爸爸 -我才不要 |
[28:42] | And don’t tell him I asked. I mean it. | 你也不准跟他打小报告 我是认真的 |
[28:46] | Are you going to make yourself cry? | 你这是要躲起来哭吗 |
[28:50] | I am your friend, you know. | 我是你的朋友 |
[28:59] | Ooh, Judy Steckler– may I? | 朱蒂·斯戴克勒 我可以说吗 |
[29:03] | Lost a full pound. | 掉了整整一磅 |
[29:06] | Good. | 真好 |
[29:09] | What a nice way to end things. | 真是一个完美的句号 |
[29:13] | I don’t know what happened. | 简直像在做梦 |
[29:16] | No, it’s good. | 没有 你做的很好 |
[29:17] | Betty, you know maintaining is better than gaining. | 贝蒂 保持总比又变重好 |
[29:22] | It wasn’t even a full week. | 一周都还不到 |
[29:24] | Now everyone deserves a round of applause. | 现在让我们为在座的每一位鼓掌庆贺 |
[29:29] | You came on a Saturday. | 你们周六能来到此地 |
[29:31] | This is the best thing you can do | 这是再好不过的了 |
[29:32] | with the challenge of thanksgiving ahead. | 眼看感恩节就要到来 大家都面临挑战 |
[29:35] | And we know it’s not just the meal. | 我们很清楚这挑战不光来自饕餮大餐 |
[29:36] | It’s the cooking, right? | 而是要下厨 对吧 |
[29:38] | You have to taste everything. | 你得每道菜都尝过来 |
[29:41] | We’re supposed to be thankful for this, | 我们本应该感谢能品尝如此丰盛的大餐 |
[29:43] | but the food is just a symbol of all the other things. | 但是食物只是一种象征 |
[29:47] | We should fill ourselves with our children, | 我们应当更加注重自己的子女 |
[29:50] | our homes, our husbands, | 家庭 丈夫 |
[29:53] | our health, our happiness. | 健康 将幸福填满内心 |
[29:57] | So who has a plan for how they’re gonna handle the day? | 有没有人来说说感恩节打算怎么过 |
[30:00] | And the day before? | 感恩节前一天怎么过 |
[30:02] | And let’s not forget about leftovers. | 还有别忘了处理剩菜剩饭 |
[30:10] | Just wanted to make sure she was asleep. | 我想确认她已经睡着了 |
[30:12] | What’s going on with her? | 她怎么了 |
[30:16] | She asked me about Anna. | 她问我安娜的事 |
[30:18] | Betty obviously told her. | 显然贝蒂告诉了她 |
[30:20] | – Are you kidding me? – No. | -你在开玩笑吗 -没有 |
[30:22] | But I think I handled the situation as best I could. | 我觉得自己已经尽最大努力处理好这事了 |
[30:25] | Who the hell told you to say anything? | 谁让你乱解释了 |
[30:28] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[30:29] | Damn it, this has nothing to do with you. | 妈的 这事与你无关 |
[30:30] | Keep your voice down. | 你给我小声点 |
[30:32] | I’m not gonna let her keep getting away with this crap. | 我不能总让她小人得志 |
[30:34] | You’re just gonna make it worse. | 你这样是在火上浇油 |
[30:35] | And let her keep sticking her fat nose in my business? | 难道纵容她这样撒泼干涉我的私生活吗 |
[30:37] | Let it go. | 算了吧 |
[30:38] | Yeah, and what am I supposed to say to Sally? | 好啊 那我该跟萨丽怎么解释 |
[30:40] | Nothing. I promised her I wouldn’t tell you. | 什么都别说 我答应她不会告诉你的 |
[30:42] | Jesus, who’s the child here? | 天呐 你怎么也这么幼稚 |
[30:44] | Get your hand off the phone. | 把你的手拿开 |
[30:46] | You think this is an accident? | 你以为这是偶然的吗 |
[30:48] | If you call her, you’re giving her exactly what she wanted– | 如果你打电话给她 那是正中她下怀 |
[30:51] | the thrill of having poisoned us from 50 miles away. | 好让她享受恶毒的快感 |
[31:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:19] | I didn’t know what else to do. | 我不知道还能怎么做 |
[31:27] | I’m sorry about that. | 我也很抱歉 |
[31:41] | I didn’t think anybody’d still be here. | 我以为没人了呢 |
[31:44] | I’m gonna leave in a minute. You come to steal something? | 我过会儿就走了 你是来偷东西的吗 |
[31:46] | Nah, I’m doing some work for Roger. | 才不是 我是帮罗杰干活 |
[31:50] | But I’m not supposed to tell anybody. | 但我不能告诉别人 |
[31:55] | It’s a wine. He’s trying to reel them in. | 是个葡萄酒广告 他要引那帮家伙上钩 |
[31:58] | Wants to look smart at the meeting. | 想见面时显得足智多谋 |
[32:01] | And he asked you? | 然后他就叫你帮忙 |
[32:03] | What can I say? | 怎么说呢 |
[32:04] | I have gifts and I’m grateful. | 我天赋异禀又知恩图报 |
[32:07] | Well, just so you know, | 给你个忠告 |
[32:07] | he’s not going to pay you if you tell everybody. | 如果你告诉大家 他是不会付你钱的 |
[32:09] | He already did. | 他已经付了 |
[32:10] | Maybe I’ll throw some of it your way if you tell me what you think. | 要是你告诉我你的看法 我说不定还能分你点 |
[32:13] | I don’t care. | 我不稀罕 |
[32:42] | The article came out and we’re not mentioned. | 文章登出来了 对我们只字未提 |
[32:44] | What? | 什么 |
[32:44] | It’s a bullshit piece on the usual assholes. | 尽是些白痴的报道 屁话连篇 |
[32:47] | He compares them to philosophers. | 他把他们比作哲学家 |
[32:50] | Hold on. | 稍等 |
[32:51] | Page 52. | 看52页 |
[33:00] | Hold on. Hold on. | 等一下 等一下 |
[33:06] | 170 is the kicker. | 170页让你跌破眼镜 |
[33:15] | Jesus, they look like Peter, Paul and Mary. | 老天 他们看起来像吉祥三宝 |
[33:17] | Why are they picking them? | 他们怎么会选了这几个活宝 |
[33:18] | I don’t know and I don’t care. | 不知道也不在乎 |
[33:19] | Maybe that’s the problem. | 也许这就是问题所在 |
[33:21] | You were the one who talked to him for an hour. | 是你去跟他谈了一个小时 |
[33:23] | I thought he was your best friend. | 我以为他是你至交呢 |
[33:24] | You obviously made no impression. | 明显你没做到位 |
[33:25] | – He’s a rat bastard. – You know what? | -他是个无耻鼠辈 -我告诉你 |
[33:28] | Don’t wake me up and throw your failures in my face. | 别把我叫醒了 还把你的错误怪在我头上 |
[33:30] | It’s Sunday, for Christ’s sake. | 今天星期天 拜托 |
[33:33] | Sally, get back here. Boys, back to your room. | 萨丽 过来 你们俩回自己房间 |
[33:39] | Get over here. | 到这儿来 |
[33:45] | – Do you have something you want to ask me? – No. | -你有什么要问我吗 -没有 |
[33:47] | You do but you thought it’d be better to ask Megan. | 你有 但你觉得最好问梅根 |
[33:49] | She wasn’t supposed to say anything. | 她不该告诉你的 |
[33:51] | And what was she supposed to do exactly? | 那她到底该怎么做 |
[33:53] | Not lie again. | 别再撒谎 |
[33:58] | Well, I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[34:01] | I know it’s my fault that you even have to | 我知道你会这样想 |
[34:02] | think about things like this. | 都是我的责任 |
[34:04] | – You’re a little girl. – I’m not a little girl. | -你只是个孩子 -我不是孩子了 |
[34:07] | Well, then you should realize | 那你应该意识到 |
[34:08] | that your mother doesn’t care about hurting you. | 你妈妈不在乎会不会伤害你 |
[34:10] | She just wants to hurt us. | 她只想伤害我们 |
[34:11] | – Are you done? – No. | -你有完没完 -没有 |
[34:16] | Anna and were married because of a law. | 安娜和我的婚姻是法律束缚的 |
[34:19] | It wasn’t romantic. She was a friend. | 丝毫与爱情无关 她只是个朋友 |
[34:22] | And I would have told you all about her, but she died. | 我愿意什么都告诉你 可惜她去世了 |
[34:27] | Is she the woman whose house we went to in California? | 我们去加利福尼亚的那次就是她家吗 |
[34:30] | The one who called you Dick? | 叫你迪克的那个 |
[34:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:39] | And I really wish you’d met her. | 我真心希望你见过她 |
[34:45] | Now, you realize an adult | 你该知道一个成年人 |
[34:46] | would apologize to Megan even if telling her was an accident. | 会去向梅根道歉 哪怕只是无心之过 |
[34:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:52] | Go hang up the phone in my room. | 去把我卧室的电话挂掉 |
[35:07] | Anything for me in there? | 里面有给我吃的吗 |
[35:10] | Why don’t you have Ginsberg get your lunch? | 你怎么不让金斯伯格帮你买午饭 |
[35:14] | That Mohawk work I did for you was great. | 莫霍克航空的活我做的很好 |
[35:17] | And I kept it a secret, | 我也保守了秘密 |
[35:18] | which is more than I can say for Ginsberg. | 金斯伯格我就不好说了 |
[35:20] | It’s Manischewitz. He was perfect for it. | 是曼尼舍维酒 他很适合做这个活 |
[35:24] | I’m sick of hearing people think that way. | 我受够了大家都这么想 |
[35:26] | I’m not an airplane either. | 我也不是飞机啊 |
[35:28] | I can write for anything. | 我可以为任何东西写广告 |
[35:30] | You know, in the old buildings, | 知道吗 在以前那栋楼里 |
[35:31] | they used to have an executive elevator. | 有一部公司高层专用电梯 |
[35:34] | You are not loyal. | 你真不忠心 |
[35:37] | You only think about yourself. | 你只为自己着想 |
[35:39] | Were we married? | 你是我老婆吗 |
[35:40] | Because you’re thinking about yourself, too. | 你也只为你自己考虑 |
[35:41] | That’s the way it is. It’s every man for himself. | 事实就是这样 大家都为自己着想 |
[35:47] | Quaid’s department developed Sno Ball, | 奎德的部门研发了雪宝 |
[35:49] | and he will remind you. | 他会再提 |
[35:51] | We’ve got Bob Dennison, | 我们有鲍勃·丹尼森 |
[35:52] | who speaks for the local bottlers. | 代表本地瓶装饮料公司 |
[35:53] | We’ll also have Michael Lloyd and Warren Kent, | 还有应付零售商的 |
[35:55] | who deal with the local retailers. | 迈克·罗伊德和沃伦·肯特 |
[35:59] | – You want me to get those? – I’m not taking two. | -要帮忙吗 -我不打算带两份创意 |
[36:12] | Sally? | 萨丽 |
[36:16] | Sally, get in here right now. | 萨丽 赶紧过来 |
[36:24] | That was Mrs. Engel. | 刚才是英格尔老师 |
[36:25] | Apparently you got an A+ on your family tree. | 看来你的家谱得了个A+ |
[36:29] | She thinks you’re really turning things around. | 她觉得你现在进步很大 |
[36:31] | It’s just a drawing. | 只不过是一幅画而已 |
[36:33] | Well, I’m very proud of you. | 我为你感到自豪 |
[36:37] | You should thank Megan for her help. | 你该去谢谢梅根的帮助 |
[36:39] | She helped you, didn’t she? | 她帮助了你 不是吗 |
[36:41] | I guess so. | 大概吧 |
[36:42] | She just told me the same stuff you did. | 她说的跟你差不多 |
[36:48] | Really? | 是吗 |
[36:49] | You asked her about Anna? | 你问她安娜的事了 |
[36:52] | Yes. Daddy showed me pictures. | 嗯 爸爸给我看了照片 |
[36:54] | and they spoke very fondly of her. | 他们好像都很喜欢她 |
[36:59] | I guess you’ve earned some TV. | 你可以去看会儿电视了 |
[37:12] | So I pulled over to the side of the interstate | 于是我在州际公路上靠边停车 |
[37:15] | and I let him out with his luggage and everything. | 然后把他连人带行李赶出了车 |
[37:19] | He is not related to me. | 他可不是我家亲戚 |
[37:21] | Siegel’s a very common name. | 西格尔是个常见的姓氏 |
[37:22] | You wouldn’t want to think | 你可不想 |
[37:23] | everyone named Rosenberg is related to you. | 所有姓罗森伯格的人都是你亲戚吧 |
[37:27] | I didn’t want to say it. | 我一开始没打算开这个玩笑 |
[37:29] | Lord knows there’s been plenty of prejudice in this country. | 天知道这个国家怎么这么多偏见 |
[37:31] | But growing up in Manhattan, | 从小在曼哈顿长大 |
[37:32] | I’ve always envied the humor, | 我一直很羡慕人们之间的 |
[37:34] | the closeness, the way your people keep track of each other. | 幽默 亲近 以及相互之间的联系 |
[37:37] | So you married your way in, huh? | 所以你倒插门进来 |
[37:40] | I’ve always thought Jewish women | 我向来认为犹太女人 |
[37:42] | are the most beautiful women in the world. | 是世上最美的女人 |
[37:47] | Now that’s a sales bitch. | 真会讨人开心 |
[37:49] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我迟到了 |
[37:50] | This is my son Bernard. | 这是我儿子伯纳德 |
[37:52] | We’re still on drinks. | 我们还在喝开胃酒 |
[37:53] | Roger Sterling, this is my wife Jane. | 我是罗杰·斯特林 这是我妻子简 |
[37:55] | – Bernie. – Nice to meet you. | -叫我伯尼 -很高兴见到你 |
[37:59] | I’m sorry about that. I took the boat out. | 很抱歉 我把船开出来 |
[38:01] | We got stuck. | 然后就被困住了 |
[38:02] | Really? What kind of boat? | 是吗 是什么样的船 |
[38:03] | No, you two can discuss the details later. | 不 你们两个等会儿私下聊 |
[38:06] | My dad doesn’t like yachts | 我爸爸很不喜欢游艇 |
[38:07] | because last time he was on one, he rode steerage. | 因为他上次坐的是下等仓 |
[38:10] | And look where you are now. | 看看你现在在哪儿 |
[38:12] | I’ve been trying to find out what Roger thinks, | 我一直很想知道罗杰怎么想的 |
[38:15] | but he wanted to wait for you. | 但他一定要等你 |
[38:16] | I wanted to wait for dessert, make sure you liked me. | 我是在等甜点 以确保你喜欢我 |
[38:19] | What’s not to like? | 有什么可不喜欢的呢 |
[38:23] | As I understand it, you’re trying to get Manischewitz | 我的理解是 你想把曼尼舍维 |
[38:26] | into the hands of different kinds of people. | 卖给不同类型的人 |
[38:28] | So to us, it seemed the key was, | 所以对我们而言 关键在于 |
[38:30] | well, different kinds of people. | 各种不同类型的人 |
[38:32] | If you ever look at the side of a bus, it’s a moving billboard. | 注意过公交车身吗 那就是移动广告 |
[38:35] | The passengers can’t see the ad, | 乘客看不到广告 |
[38:36] | but everyone can see the passengers. | 但是每个人都能看到乘客 |
[38:38] | The idea was to put a picture of the bus seats | 我的想法是 把公交车座的图片 |
[38:41] | on the side of the bus right below the window | 贴到车身两侧的窗户下面 |
[38:43] | where the real people are, | 正好在真人下方 |
[38:44] | show the bottom halves of their bodies | 画上他们的下半身 |
[38:47] | with a case of Manischewitz under each of their seats. | 每个座位下面都画着曼尼舍维 |
[38:50] | So it looks like whoever’s riding the bus has bought the wine. | 看起来就像每人都买了一瓶酒 |
[38:55] | Isn’t that clever? | 真是个聪明的点子 |
[38:57] | So you thought that up, huh? | 如此绝妙创意是你想出的吗 |
[38:59] | Well, I engaged some of our creatives ad hoc | 我专门在赴宴之前 |
[39:02] | and in anticipation of this dinner. | 稍微咨询了一下公司的创意人员 |
[39:03] | I figured even if you didn’t like it, | 我觉得 就算你不喜欢 |
[39:05] | you could see what we were capable of. | 至少也能看到我们的能力 |
[39:06] | I know what’s good. | 我知道什么是好的 |
[39:08] | Do we need menus? | 有人需要菜单吗 |
[39:09] | – I do. – I’m getting the chateaubriand | -我要 -如果有人愿意和我分 |
[39:11] | if someone will split it with me. | 我就来份夏多布里昂牛排 |
[39:13] | I thought you liked the crabs rangoon here. | 你似乎喜欢这里的炸蟹角吧 |
[39:16] | I just had some. | 我刚刚吃过了 |
[39:18] | So, Roger, what kind of boat do you have? | 罗杰 你的船是什么样子的 |
[39:29] | Am I the only one who can work and drink at the same time? | 难道只有我能边喝边工作吗 |
[39:33] | – What happened? – They laughed, | -怎么样 -他们很满意 |
[39:35] | they bought it and we already celebrated. | 他们认可了 我们也已经庆祝过了 |
[39:36] | I’m only here because I’ve got three hours left on the coast. | 我来公司是因为西岸还有三个小时下班 |
[39:39] | – Hot damn! – I knew it. | -好样的 -那当然 |
[39:42] | Hold on. We work our ass off | 等等 我们忙死忙活 |
[39:43] | and we don’t even warrant a call? | 谈成了也不给我们说一声 |
[39:46] | Blow by blow, please. | 告诉我点细节 |
[39:47] | Don pitched the hell out of it, they said it was clever. | 唐说得精彩绝伦 客户觉得创意很聪明 |
[39:49] | And apparently kids like devils in cartoons as I predicted. | 而且正如我预测 孩子们喜欢卡通魔鬼 |
[39:54] | Oh, really? They didn’t like the other one? | 是吗 他们不喜欢另一个 |
[39:56] | I don’t know. He left it in the cab. | 我不知道 唐放在的士里了 |
[39:57] | Are you kidding me? They never even heard it? | 开什么玩笑 客户压根没看过另一个 |
[40:00] | We made a sale. Anything else? | 生意谈成了 还有别的事吗 |
[40:09] | I’m going to order some dinner. | 我准备订餐 |
[40:11] | Sure. He’s gonna be useless tonight. | 当然 他今晚估计也没用 |
[40:17] | So, you suddenly have no problem telling people I’m Jewish? | 你突然不介意告诉别人我是犹太人了 |
[40:20] | You going to meet Bernie? | 你准备跟伯尼约会吗 |
[40:23] | What? No. | 什么 不 |
[40:25] | So you’re not gonna call him in two days | 那你不会两天后给他打电话 |
[40:26] | and tell him we’re separated? | 说我们离婚了 |
[40:29] | You had your chance to say who I sleep with. | 谁叫你自己不说你是我丈夫 |
[40:31] | Well, you’re supposed to help me land this. | 但你应该帮我把这桩生意谈成 |
[40:33] | So if something goes on between the two of you, | 如果你们间有进一步发展 |
[40:36] | you’d better pretend you’re still married. | 你最好假装你仍然是已婚人士 |
[40:38] | I promise, bubbeleh. | 我保证 小甜心[犹太语] |
[40:42] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:45] | The least you can do is show me | 但你至少该让我 |
[40:46] | what the better end of this deal looks like. | 看看你从我们协议里捞到的好处 |
[40:49] | – What do you mean? – The apartment. | -什么意思 -那间公寓 |
[40:52] | Show it to me. | 让我看看 |
[40:54] | When else am I gonna get a chance? | 以后还有什么机会 |
[40:56] | I’m not moved in. I just got the key. | 我还没搬进去 我刚拿到钥匙 |
[41:11] | Has a lot of potential. | 看上去很有潜力 |
[41:14] | You think so? | 你这么认为 |
[41:19] | I have missed you. | 我想你了 |
[41:47] | Roger, wait. | 罗杰 等等 |
[41:51] | What? | 怎么了 |
[42:08] | I’m surprised you’re working today. | 我很惊讶你今天也工作 |
[42:11] | We roll out all our business this week. | 这周生意比较集中 |
[42:14] | Well, I’m just gonna spend as much time as I can with my girl | 我只想和我的小宝贝尽量多待一会儿 |
[42:17] | before I’m trapped with my family over the holiday. | 因为之后我不得不和家人过节 |
[42:20] | You know what, Howard? | 你猜怎么着 霍华德 |
[42:22] | Why don’t you spend Thanksgiving with her, | 你为什么不和她过感恩节 |
[42:23] | and I’ll go to your house and screw your wife? | 让我去你家搞你老婆 |
[42:29] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[42:31] | Good luck with that. | 那我祝你好运 |
[42:35] | But I guess the grass is always greener, right? | 别人老婆总是更美 不是吗 |
[42:46] | I know you saw me. | 我知道你看见我了 |
[42:48] | I thought you were hiding from someone. | 我还以为你在躲某人 |
[42:52] | That was a bold last-minute decision | 你最终大胆地决定 |
[42:55] | going with your idea. | 采用自己的创意 |
[42:57] | I thought it was more what they wanted. | 我觉得那更符合客户要求 |
[42:58] | Well, we’ll never know, will we? | 我们永远不会知道 不是吗 |
[43:00] | Because they never heard mine. | 因为他们根本没机会看到我的 |
[43:01] | Look, I don’t like going in with two ideas. | 听着 我不喜欢带两个创意 |
[43:03] | It’s weak. | 那显得没有决心 |
[43:05] | And you don’t wanna be weak, so you picked yours. | 你倒是很有决心 选了自己的 |
[43:07] | And they bought it, which is our goal, isn’t it? | 他们买账了 那才是我们的目标 不是吗 |
[43:11] | What do I care? | 我一点都不在乎 |
[43:12] | I got a million of ’em. | 我有千千万万个创意 |
[43:14] | – A million. – Good. | -千千万万个 -很好 |
[43:16] | I guess I’m lucky you work for me. | 真幸运你是为我工作 |
[43:21] | I feel bad for you. | 我为你感到悲哀 |
[43:23] | I don’t think about you at all. | 我压根就没想过你 |
[43:31] | – Morning, Mr. Draper. – Morning. | -早安 德雷柏先生 -早 |
[43:41] | I used the toothbrush in there. I hope it’s yours. | 我用了里面的牙刷 希望那是你的 |
[43:44] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么那么做 |
[43:47] | Jesus, it doesn’t belong to the dead guy, does it? | 上帝啊 不是那个去世男住客的吧 |
[43:49] | It’s pink. | 是粉色的 |
[43:51] | I told you why I wanted this apartment and you ignored me. | 我说过我为什么要这公寓 你根本没听 |
[43:56] | I hardly ignored you. | 我都给你买了啊 |
[43:59] | Now this is no different than the last place. | 现在这间和之前那间毫无区别 |
[44:02] | Really? I think it’s nicer. | 是吗 我觉得这间更好 |
[44:04] | Not anymore. | 现在不是了 |
[44:08] | You ruined this. | 你毁了一切 |
[44:19] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[44:22] | You get everything you want | 一切都如你所愿 |
[44:23] | and you still had to do this. | 而你还要这么做 |
[44:28] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[44:33] | I don’t know why I did that. | 我不知为何会那么做 |
[44:37] | I feel terrible. | 我感觉很糟 |
[45:08] | Smells good. | 闻起来很香 |
[45:12] | I just got off the phone with Julia. | 我刚和茱莉亚通完电话 |
[45:14] | She got the part. | 她得到了那个角色 |
[45:16] | Good for her. | 祝贺她 |
[45:17] | She asked me to buy champagne. | 她让我买香槟 |
[45:19] | And you will because you want her to be happy. | 买吧 你想让她开心 |
[45:23] | It’s hot as hell in here. Turn on the air. | 屋里热死了 开空调了吗 |
[45:25] | It’s on full blast. Go get ready. | 开到最大风了 去准备一下 |
[45:28] | – Open the door at least. – No, don’t. | -那至少把门打开 -不 别 |
[45:31] | The radio said there’s a smog emergency. | 广播说今天有烟雾污染 |
[45:33] | The air is toxic. I don’t want that in here. | 空气有毒 我不想放进来 |
[45:44] | That is a good-looking bird. | 火鸡看起来真棒 |
[45:48] | Mommy, wait. We’re supposed to say what we’re thankful for. | 妈妈 等等 我们应该先说感恩的话 |
[45:53] | She’s hungry, Bobby. | 她饿了 博比 |
[45:55] | No, I think it’s nice. | 不 我觉得挺好 |
[45:57] | Go ahead, buddy. | 说吧 小家伙 |
[45:59] | I’m thankful that I have two houses | 我想感谢 我有两座房子 |
[46:01] | and they’re both really big and I got a new sled. | 它们都很大 而且我得到了新雪橇 |
[46:05] | I’m thankful that I’m doing good in school. | 我想感谢 我在学校成绩很好 |
[46:07] | Doing well. | 成绩不错 |
[46:11] | I am thankful that I have everything I want. | 我想感谢 我得到了想要的一切 |
[46:15] | And that no one else has anything better. | 没人比我过的更好 |
[46:17] | Me, too. Let’s eat. | 我也是 开吃吧 |