时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | – Hello? – I apologize for the hour. | -喂 -抱歉这个时候打来 |
[00:47] | You instructed me to avoid your officers. | 按你的意思回避了你的同事 |
[00:50] | But we have good news. | 不过我有好消息 |
[00:52] | Oh, thank goodness. | 谢天谢地 |
[00:56] | The Hansard procedure negotiations have concluded as promised. | 议事部经过商讨 最终如约达成一致 |
[00:59] | You need only wire the full 2,900 by Thursday | 你只要在周四前缴纳全部的2900英镑 |
[01:03] | and your slate will be clear with the revenue. | 纳税史就从此一清二白 |
[01:06] | As promised? | 如约? |
[01:08] | Your promise was to extricate me from this situation altogether. | 你不是约定可以帮我全身而退吗 |
[01:11] | My promise was to keep you out of prison. | 我约定的是让你免于牢狱之灾 |
[01:14] | Thursday… | 周四 |
[01:16] | How am I supposed to find $8,000 in two days? | 两天内我上哪弄来8000美金 |
[01:19] | That’s not possible. That’s no help at all. | 不可能的事 这哪是好消息 |
[01:21] | Look, Lane, | 听着 莱恩 |
[01:22] | you gave Her Majesty’s portion to a foreign power | 你把大英帝国的财富交给国外势力支配 |
[01:25] | and the tax man is keen to | 税收官可一直想 |
[01:26] | make an example of an expatriate. | 找个海外侨胞杀鸡儆猴呢 |
[01:28] | This is the very best news there could be. | 所以这对你已经是最好的消息了 |
[01:32] | You should get a pencil. | 去拿支铅笔 |
[01:33] | I’ll give you formation. | 记下我所说的 |
[01:43] | What are you doing out here? | 这么晚了你在这干嘛呢 |
[01:44] | Uh, business. Go back to bed, dear. | 公事 你回去睡吧 亲爱的 |
[01:47] | – What are you looking for? – Go back to bed this minute! | -你在找什么呢 -马上给我回去睡 |
[01:58] | Scarlett, hold this and stand here. | 斯嘉丽 帮我拿着站在这儿 |
[02:01] | No. | 不 |
[02:03] | Mr. Kinsey called regarding lunch. | 金西先生来电约谈午餐事宜 |
[02:06] | What does he want? | 他什么意思 |
[02:07] | I think he wants to have lunch. | 他应该就想和你吃顿午饭吧 |
[02:09] | – What’s wrong with him? He’s very polite. – Yeah. | -他怎么了 电话里挺有礼貌的 -可不是 |
[02:12] | You should have seen him at Ken’s bachelor party. | 你是没看到他在肯单身派对上的模样 |
[02:14] | I think he was on L.S.D.. | 他应该是嗑了迷幻药 |
[02:17] | Really? | 真的 |
[02:18] | Well, he’s sort of been threatening to “spot” by. | 他似乎威胁要顺道”拜访”一下你 |
[02:22] | Scarlett, here you are. | 斯嘉丽 你在这呢 |
[02:24] | Oh, I’m sorry, Mr. Pryce. Do you need me? | 抱歉 普莱斯先生 找我有事吗 |
[02:26] | Only in that I wanted you to direct me to Mr. Crane. | 我要找克雷恩先生 想让你通报一声的 |
[02:30] | Please leave us. | 请你回避一下 |
[02:31] | I’ll meet him for coffee. | 我待会儿和他去喝咖啡 |
[02:36] | I was hoping we could discuss | 我想跟你了解一下 |
[02:40] | Sure. | 好的 |
[02:47] | These numbers are very positive. | 数字看上去很可观啊 |
[02:49] | They’re projections. | 只是企划而已 |
[02:51] | They’re derived from reality, | 取自于对现实状况的认知 |
[02:52] | but they’re hopes and dreams. | 不过被赋予了希望与梦想 |
[02:54] | January and February look great– | 一月份和二月份还不错 |
[02:55] | Heinz, Mohawk, Vicks, all pretty stable. | 亨氏 莫霍克航空 维克制药都很平稳 |
[02:58] | When will they become commitments? | 这些公司的承付款什么时候能拿到 |
[03:00] | I can’t predict the future, Lane. | 我又不能预知未来 莱恩 |
[03:01] | I don’t know what the Russians are going to do. | 我可说不准俄国人准备干什么 |
[03:02] | We may be living underground by Lincoln’s birthday. | 说不定林肯诞辰日前我们就得去地下避难了 |
[03:08] | Hey, that’s my only copy. | 嘿 我只有那一份 |
[03:15] | Hope you don’t need any actual paperwork | 希望你不是来找我办业务的 |
[03:17] | because everything’s out by my desk | 因为所需的材料都在我办公桌上 |
[03:18] | and my desk is out by Chuck. | 而我的桌子还在恰克那边 |
[03:22] | How’s Rebecca? | 瑞贝卡还好吗 |
[03:24] | About the same– underfed and underpaid. | 还是老样子 嫌这嫌那的 |
[03:27] | And Laura? | 劳拉呢 |
[03:28] | She calls me during the day and she’s peachy. | 白天跟我通电话时开心得很 |
[03:30] | But I come home and she’s blue. | 等我一回家她就又愁容满面 |
[03:33] | – To the holidays. – Cin cin. | -节日快乐 -干杯 |
[03:35] | So, Walt, what do you think about | 沃特 把我们公司的信用额度 |
[03:37] | extending our credit by $50,000? | 提高5万美金你觉得行吗 |
[03:41] | I didn’t know we were going to talk real business. | 我以为你不是来办公事的呢 |
[03:45] | Should I slow down? | 要我少倒点吗 |
[03:50] | How do things look for sixty-seven? | 你们67年预计经营状况如何 |
[03:52] | Well, ahem, the projections suggest– | 这个 根据企划内容… |
[03:54] | No projections. | 别跟我谈企划 |
[03:55] | We’re only interested in commitments. | 我们只关心你们的承付款 |
[03:58] | Yes, well, the commitments are firm, | 的确是 承付款都很稳妥 |
[04:00] | But no one’s been paying their bills on time. | 但似乎没人愿意按时付款 |
[04:02] | Hmm, I got it. Done. | 我懂了 那行 |
[04:07] | Are you going away? | 假期要外出吗 |
[04:09] | No. I love Christmas in Manhattan. | 不 我还挺喜欢在曼哈顿过圣诞 |
[04:12] | Can you take care of it today? | 今天能都办妥吗 |
[04:13] | I’d like to start writing checks immediately. | 我马上就需要写些支票 |
[04:15] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[04:17] | We’re heading to Florida. | 我们准备去佛罗里达过圣诞 |
[04:19] | I want to fly, but I think we’re going to drive. | 我是想飞过去 不过最后估计还是要开车 |
[04:37] | – Roger, Cooper’s office. – Coming. | -罗杰 来库珀办公室 -来了 |
[04:42] | What’s the hurry, Harry? | 急什么呢 哈里 |
[04:45] | Are you drunk? | 你喝多了吧 |
[04:46] | Pearl Harbor Day. Show some respect. | 今天是珍珠港纪念日 尊重点 |
[04:49] | How are you doing with your bombing? | 今天的”投弹”顺畅不 |
[04:51] | Remember Lane’s fool at Jaguar, Edwin Baker? | 还记得莱恩在捷豹认识的那个蠢货 埃德温·贝克吗 |
[04:54] | You mean Bazooka Joe? | 那个火箭炮乔 |
[04:57] | Three weeks ago, he was replaced by Hugh Hibbert, | 三周前 他的职位让休·希尔伯特接任了 |
[04:59] | and we are back in the running. | 这单买卖又回到正轨了 |
[05:01] | He called you? | 他打电话给你的 |
[05:02] | No, I called him. | 不 我给他打的 |
[05:04] | In fact, I’ve been working a few prospects over there for months, | 老实说 这几个月我一直暗中发力 |
[05:06] | waiting for Edwin to self-destruct, | 等着埃德温玩火自焚呢 |
[05:08] | and he did… | 果真不出我所料 |
[05:09] | Spectacularly, apparently. | 显然是棒极了 |
[05:12] | He vomited in the lap of the head of the Dealers Association. | 他吐在了交易商协会会长的膝盖上 |
[05:17] | Who else? | 有哪些公司跟我们抢 |
[05:18] | Well, it sounds like Foote Cone, Ted Bates, D’Arcy. | 好像有博达广告公司 达彼思广告公司 达美高广告公司 |
[05:22] | Everyone who doesn’t have a car. | 都是没有汽车业务的 |
[05:24] | What is that, nine of us? | 还有呢 难道有9家竞争吗 |
[05:25] | No, it’s five. | 不 只有5家 |
[05:27] | And size-wise, we’re the smallest, | 而且从规模来讲 我们是最小的 |
[05:28] | so let’s all start boning up on the wonders of Jaguar. | 所以我们开始研究捷豹的美妙之处吧 |
[05:30] | We have a meet and greet next week | 我们下星期有个见面会 |
[05:31] | and the presentations are sometime in mid-January. | 创意展示安排在一月中旬 |
[05:34] | That’s a lot of work. | 那可真不轻松 |
[05:36] | Yes. You may have to stay past 5:30. | 对啊 以后你5:30下不了班了 |
[05:39] | I’d live here if I thought it was more than a pipe dream. | 要是真有你说的这么好 我加班多久都行 |
[05:48] | We reject the material world | 我们脱离物质世界 |
[05:50] | in favor of the recognition of one’s true identity. | 是为了得到我们的真实身份的认同感 |
[05:53] | I don’t understand what you’re saying. | 我不懂你在说什么 |
[05:56] | Paul? | 保罗 |
[05:59] | Harry Crane, as I live and breathe. | 哈里·克雷恩 久违久违 |
[06:02] | What the hell happened to you? | 你怎么变成这样了 |
[06:04] | Krishna Consciousness. | 奎师那知觉运动 |
[06:07] | Hare krishna, Paramatma. | 哈瑞 奎师那 超灵圣主 |
[06:08] | Hare krishna, Bhakta Stewart. | 哈瑞 奎师那 奉献者斯图尔特 |
[06:13] | Don’t pretend this isn’t strange. | 别装作这很正常的样子 |
[06:14] | That’s why I wanted you to see it. | 所以我想让你来看看 |
[06:16] | Well, consider it seen. I really should be going. | 当作我看过了吧 我真的得走了 |
[06:18] | Harry, I’ve been trying to get you down here. | 哈里 我一直想让你来这里 |
[06:22] | Remember how anxious, how insecure, | 记得我曾经面对生活 |
[06:23] | how terrified I was of living life? | 感到多么焦虑 不安 恐惧吗 |
[06:26] | It’s gone. | 一切都过去了 |
[06:28] | Can you imagine living that way, Harry? | 你能想象那种日子吗 哈里 |
[06:30] | I’m sorry, this is giving me the willies. | 抱歉 这玩意儿让我起鸡皮疙瘩 |
[06:32] | Please, keep an open mind. | 请你思想开放一些 |
[06:34] | Can we do this for a few minutes? | 给我几分钟行吗 |
[06:36] | Am I allowed to be here? | 我可以待在这里吗 |
[06:38] | Everyone’s allowed to be here. | 这里欢迎每个人 |
[06:40] | Hello there. | 你好 |
[06:41] | Harry, this is Mother Lakshmi. | 哈里 这位是吉祥天女 |
[06:44] | Hare Krishna, Harry. | 哈瑞 奎师那 哈里 |
[06:46] | Oh, I get it. | 我懂了 |
[06:47] | Get what? | 懂什么 |
[07:12] | – I should go. – No. | -我得走了 -别走 |
[07:14] | Chant with us. | 跟我们一起诵经吧 |
[07:16] | You’ll like it. | 你会喜欢的 |
[07:18] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[07:31] | Hare rama. | 哈瑞 茹阿玛 |
[07:33] | Rama rama, hare hare. | 茹阿玛 茹阿玛 哈瑞 哈瑞 |
[07:37] | Hare krishna. | 哈瑞 奎师那 |
[07:41] | Hare krishna. | 哈瑞 奎师那 |
[07:44] | Hare hare. | 哈瑞 哈瑞 |
[07:47] | Hare rama. | 哈瑞 茹阿玛 |
[07:53] | Roger’s not coming. He’s on battleship row. | 罗杰不会来了 他还在重演珍珠港呢 |
[07:56] | But I’ve already told him. | 但我想宣布的都告诉他了 |
[07:58] | I called this meeting. | 是我召集的会议 |
[08:00] | Where’s Joan? | 琼在哪儿 |
[08:02] | It’s best Joan’s not here for my announcement. | 我要宣布的事琼最好不要在场 |
[08:04] | I don’t know about yours. | 我不知道你的情况 |
[08:09] | Go ahead. | 开始吧 |
[08:10] | Very well. | 非常好 |
[08:11] | A recent pass of the books shows | 最近的一系列报表显示 |
[08:13] | that we have a surplus of $50,000, | 我们的盈余达到了5万美元 |
[08:18] | And I believe that enables us | 所以我想 |
[08:20] | to distribute Christmas bonuses. | 我们的圣诞奖金就不愁了 |
[08:23] | Equal shares to full partners, | 高级合伙人全额分红 |
[08:25] | Half shares to juniors, | 初级合伙人半额分红 |
[08:27] | 2% gifts to S.N.C. And 4% E.N.C. | 2%分给SNC 4%分给ENC |
[08:31] | God bless us, everyone. | 上帝福佑各位 |
[08:34] | And I shall see to it | 我会确保 |
[08:35] | that the checks are distributed immediately. | 支票尽快地分配下去 |
[08:37] | Actually, let’s wait till the Christmas party. | 我觉得 还是等到圣诞派对吧 |
[08:41] | Someone’s not going to be happy, | 肯定会有人不满意 |
[08:42] | And I’d rather not stare at her for a month. | 我可不想接下来一个月都面对她的臭脸 |
[08:45] | Approved. | 同意 |
[08:46] | – Don – I have to announce that we’re in the running– | -唐 -我想宣布 我们其实还在 |
[08:49] | I mean actually this time– for Jaguar. | 这次是真的 捷豹竞标当中 |
[08:52] | So it’s time we all get some learning on this fine automobile. | 我们得好好研究一下该公司旗下的车 |
[08:56] | 我打算今天下午试驾马克二号 | |
[08:59] | Don, don’t you think the bonuses would make | 唐 你不觉得现在发奖金 |
[09:03] | more of an impact now, hmm? | 效果会更好吗 |
[09:05] | There’s nothing like a surprise for morale. | 惊喜最能鼓舞士气了 |
[09:08] | Not my morale. | 反正对我没用 |
[09:09] | The Jaguar announcement should be good for morale. | 捷豹的案子足以鼓舞士气了 |
[09:12] | And, as much as it affects me personally, | 而且 就我现在的情况来说 |
[09:14] | I think we should sit tight on the bonuses. | 奖金的事还是该缓一缓 |
[09:16] | Jaguar will provide only a little seed | 捷豹只会出一点钱 |
[09:18] | – and we’ll have to supplement. – Damn it! | -我们还要自己掏腰包 -该死 |
[09:21] | We can afford to do both. | 我们可以同时负担两项 |
[09:23] | – What ghost visited you, Ebenezer? – Pete. | -你是哪根筋不对了 吝啬鬼 -皮特 |
[09:27] | You asked me to stop this last time. | 上次你让我及时制止你 |
[09:28] | Yes, well, other than Roger, | 好吧 我激动是因为 |
[09:30] | who started drinking at exactly 7:55 this morning. | 除了早上7:55准时开始喝酒的罗杰 |
[09:33] | No one has given me the reaction I desire from this blessed event. | 对于如此重大喜讯 没人给我我预期的反应 |
[09:39] | Bert. | 伯特 |
[09:40] | They’re lemons. They never start. | 那车是次品 开都开不起来 |
[09:44] | Meeting adjourned. | 休会吧 |
[09:52] | You like my shirt? | 你喜欢我的衬衫吗 |
[09:55] | It’s very festive. | 很喜庆 |
[09:57] | You know it’s sacrilege to say this, | 我这么说可能有些不敬 |
[09:59] | but Pearl Harbor was an act of genius. | 不过珍珠港可真是天才之举 |
[10:03] | The only thing they didn’t plan for was success. | 他们唯一没考虑到的 就是成功 |
[10:06] | The Japs won, and they didn’t know what to do with it. | 小日本赢了 却忽然手足无措了 |
[10:10] | Mr. Sterling, | 斯特林先生 |
[10:12] | seeing as you’re dressed for fishing, | 既然你穿着一身钓鱼的行头 |
[10:14] | you’ll have more success if you are quiet. | 就得安静一点 才能成功 |
[10:20] | Don’t be like that. | 别这样 |
[10:22] | I couldn’t care less. | 我根本不在乎 |
[10:24] | Ah… I know why you’re mad. | 我知道你为何生气了 |
[10:27] | But Jane’s not gonna take everything. | 但简是无法拿走我的一切的 |
[10:30] | It never occured to me. | 我根本没想到这事 |
[10:33] | Cuz the army is taking such good care of you? | 因为军队把你照顾得够好了是吗 |
[10:34] | – Have I asked? – No. | -我要求你为我做什么吗 -没有 |
[10:36] | And you shouldn’t have to and you don’t. | 你不用要求 事实上你也没有 |
[10:38] | And you keep sending it back. | 你一直都把抚养费退给我 |
[10:40] | Because it’s a short-term solution. | 因为那不是长久之计 |
[10:41] | – I told you, I’ll cover Kevin through college. – No. | -我说过我会一直付到凯文到上完大学 -不必 |
[10:45] | It’s better this way for him. | 这样对他比较好 |
[10:46] | And if you’re not careful, | 如果你不注意一点 |
[10:48] | you won’t even be a family friend. | 最后连朋友都没得做 |
[10:50] | Joanie, I had an experience. | 琼 我有经验 |
[10:52] | I know, Roger. | 我知道 罗杰 |
[10:53] | Well, it’s not about honor. | 这无关名声 |
[10:54] | It’s about the fact that we created a human life. | 而是因为我们共同创造了一个小生命 |
[11:00] | We made a baby. | 我们有个孩子 |
[11:02] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[11:04] | And now it’s some other lucky girl’s turn. | 现在该轮到别的幸运姑娘了 |
[11:10] | Scarlett. | 斯嘉丽 |
[11:14] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:31] | Hare krishna, krish… | 哈瑞 奎师那 奎师… |
[11:35] | All of us have a very close connection. | 在座的各位已经建立起了紧密的联系 |
[11:40] | Krishna… | 奎师那 |
[11:42] | My head is humming. | 我的脑袋在嗡嗡作响 |
[11:44] | And your mind is clear. | 可思想变得透彻了 |
[11:46] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[11:48] | I should be getting back. | 我该走了 |
[11:49] | Holy shit, how long have I been here? | 天呐 我居然在这儿待了这么久 |
[11:52] | Are you hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[11:54] | I am. | 是啊 |
[11:56] | Paramatma, take him for some food. | 超灵圣主 带他去吃饭吧 |
[11:58] | Yes, Mother Lakshmi. A beautiful idea. | 好的 吉祥天女 真是个好主意 |
[12:00] | Harry, will you eat with me? | 哈里 你愿意和我一起吃饭吗 |
[12:02] | Just the two of us? | 就我们两个吗 |
[12:03] | – Hare krishna. – Hare krishna. | -哈瑞 奎师那 -哈瑞 奎师那 |
[12:08] | But when we are | 但当我们 |
[12:11] | in the material, conditional life, | 置身于这花花世界 |
[12:15] | we forget this, hmm? | 我们便将其抛之脑后了 |
[12:21] | It is so good to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[12:24] | It’s good to see you, too. | 我也很高兴能见到你 |
[12:26] | But I’m not gonna join. | 不过我可不打算加入你们 |
[12:28] | I don’t want you to. | 我也不想让你加入 |
[12:30] | But I can tell you really got into that. | 不过我看得出来你有点欲罢不能 |
[12:33] | I can tell you really got into Lakshmi. | 我也看得出来你爱上吉祥天女了 |
[12:35] | I love her deeply, Harry. | 哈里 我对她情真意切 |
[12:37] | Absolutely. She’s my kind of religion. | 必然 我也会为她倾倒的 |
[12:40] | It’s not like that. | 不像你想的那样 |
[12:42] | Lakshmi lived most of her life as a girl named Janet, | 吉祥天女之前是一个叫作珍妮的女孩 |
[12:44] | whose promiscuity led to drugs and prostitution. | 滥交使她沉溺于毒品与卖淫 |
[12:48] | The movement saved her life. | 是宗教运动拯救了她的灵魂 |
[12:50] | So what’s your excuse? | 那你又是为了什么 |
[12:54] | I was at rock bottom. | 我当时正处于人生低谷 |
[12:57] | I had really degraded myself. | 我开始作践自己 |
[12:59] | – At McCann? – No, damn it. | -在麦肯公司的时候吗 -该死 当然不 |
[13:01] | Listen, I love what the movement has given me, | 听我说 我享受此活动给予我的一切 |
[13:05] | but I don’t understand why I have to live like that to love god. | 但我不懂为何只能用这样的方式敬爱神明 |
[13:10] | Are they making you stay? | 他们强迫你留下吗 |
[13:12] | It’s just Lakshmi. | 只有吉祥天女要我留下来 |
[13:14] | So you don’t wanna share, huh? | 你是不想和她共度余生了吧 |
[13:15] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[13:17] | I want to make a life with her, but not there. | 我希望和她白头偕老 不过不是在那儿 |
[13:20] | So what does that have to do with me? | 那跟我又有何干 |
[13:23] | She was a runaway, and she won’t leave | 她以前是逃出来的 除非她知道 |
[13:25] | unless she knows she won’t wind up back on the streets. | 再也不必流落街头 否则她是不会离开那儿的 |
[13:28] | You want money. | 你是想问我要钱 |
[13:29] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[13:30] | You know what? Go eat by yourself. | 算了 你自己去吃饭吧 |
[13:31] | Stop, stop. | 别这样 |
[13:32] | Money solves today, not tomorrow. | 钱财只能解一时之需 |
[13:34] | Up here on the right. | 就在这靠边停 |
[13:37] | And for your information, Prabhupad is buying. | 顺便一提 这次归我请客 |
[13:41] | I’m sorry I said | 我很抱歉我说了 |
[13:43] | I couldn’t come because of the accident. | 我因突发事件而未能到场 |
[13:46] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:48] | Excuse me. | 请宽恕我 |
[13:55] | “Can you help me, doctor?” I asked him. | “你能帮我吗 医生” 我问他 |
[13:58] | “Well, it started– well, it started,” I said, | “一开始 是这样的” 我说到 |
[14:03] | “When I was sitting in front of the television set | “当我坐在电视机前 |
[14:06] | with my feet on the coffee table. | 把脚搭在茶几上时 |
[14:08] | Now, I’ve sat there hundreds of times, | 我已经坐在那儿上百次了 |
[14:10] | thousands maybe, with a can of beer in my hand. | 或许上千次 每一次都握着一罐啤酒 |
[14:14] | I like to have a can of beer in my hand | 我喜欢手里握着一罐啤酒 |
[14:16] | when I watch the beer ads. | 静静地观赏啤酒广告 |
[14:18] | But now, for no reason I could think of, | 可如今 不知为何 |
[14:21] | the ad was making me sick. | 广告使我心生厌恶 |
[14:24] | So I used the remote control to get to another channel, | 所以我不停用遥控器换台 |
[14:28] | but each channel made me just as sick. | 但是每一个频道都使我感到恶心 |
[14:31] | The television was one thing, | 电视只是个没有生命的东西 |
[14:33] | and I was a person, and I was going to be sick. | 而我是有生命的人 却要忍受恶心感 |
[14:37] | So I turned it off | 于是我关掉电视 |
[14:39] | and had a panicky moment. | 却经历了惊恐不安的一刻 |
[14:41] | I smelled the beer in my hand. | 我闻到了手中啤酒的味道 |
[14:43] | And as I vomited, I looked around the living room | 在我作呕的时候 我环顾起居室 |
[14:46] | for something to grab onto.” | 去寻找能够支撑的东西” |
[14:50] | Do you want something to eat? | 你要吃点什么吗 |
[14:52] | Nope. | 不 |
[14:55] | Well, I didn’t have dinner. | 我今晚没吃饭 |
[14:59] | You want a drink? | 你想喝点什么吗 |
[15:01] | Yep. | 好 |
[15:03] | “Yep. Nope.” | “好 不” |
[15:05] | Should have been our wedding vows. | 我们的婚礼誓言应该说这个的 |
[15:07] | I’m just tired. | 我累了而已 |
[15:09] | No, you’re not. | 你才没有 |
[15:12] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[15:14] | I’ve heard you say a lot worse things about advertising. | 你也没少抱怨过广告业 |
[15:18] | The mighty theater punches its audience in the face | 剧院给观众灌输一种 |
[15:20] | with its subtle message– there’s a challenge. | 微妙的观点 广告是种挑战 |
[15:24] | Let me tell you, people buy things | 我告诉你 人们之所以购物 |
[15:26] | because it makes them feel better. | 是因为那些东西会让他们感觉更好 |
[15:27] | Well, we could have had dinner with Charles. | 我们本来能和查尔斯一起吃晚饭的 |
[15:29] | He’s an understudy. | 他是临时演员 |
[15:30] | That may be his only performance. | 那可能是他唯一一次表演 |
[15:32] | I don’t mind picking up the check for your friends, | 我不介意请你朋友吃饭 |
[15:33] | but not if they insult me first. | 但前提是他们不要侮辱我 |
[15:35] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[15:36] | People make fun of acting all the time | 人们也总是对演艺事业冷嘲热讽 |
[15:38] | and you love it. | 你听得也很开心 |
[15:39] | And I didn’t think it was such a strong stand against advertising | 而且我觉得那些话对广告业的抵制 |
[15:43] | as much as the emptiness of consumerism. | 远不如消费主义的空洞性本身 |
[15:45] | Well, no one’s made a stronger stand | 是吗 说到抵制广告业 |
[15:46] | against advertising than you. | 你可是活生生的例子 |
[15:59] | You know, I was scared when Bea was born, | 你知道吗 比娅出生时我有些害怕 |
[16:01] | But she’s such a joy. | 但有她之后真是幸福 |
[16:04] | I actually saw her face float by while I was chanting. | 其实刚刚念经的时候我脑海里都是她的身影 |
[16:08] | Really? You had a vision? | 真的 你看见幻象了 |
[16:11] | I guess. | 应该吧 |
[16:13] | And you kind of think | 而且有时候我会想 |
[16:15] | you’re tied to this person forever. | 我要和这人在一起一辈子了 |
[16:18] | Not my little girl. You know, Jennifer. | 我是指詹妮弗 不是我的宝贝女儿 |
[16:21] | And now with another one on the way… | 还有另一个马上要出生了 |
[16:22] | I want a family with Lakshmi. | 我也想和吉祥天女组建一个家庭 |
[16:25] | And a farm, maybe outside Frisco. | 在旧金山郊外买个农场 |
[16:28] | You’re gonna have to do a little less recruiting | 那你得少干点招揽人的事 |
[16:29] | and a little more working. | 多做点正事了 |
[16:31] | About that… | 关于工作 |
[16:33] | I don’t have a job for your, Paul. | 我没有工作可以给你 保罗 |
[16:34] | I’ve thought about that. | 我想过了 |
[16:36] | It’s the whole reason I didn’t wanna see you. | 这就是我为什么不想见你的原因 |
[16:37] | But you can help me because I have been working. | 但你能帮我 因为我一直在工作 |
[16:43] | You’ve been writing? | 你在写剧本吗 |
[16:45] | I think this is the most meaningful work | 我觉得这是我这辈子 |
[16:46] | I’ve ever done in my life. | 做过的最有意义的工作 |
[16:50] | It’s a speculative episode | 这是现在最火的连续剧 |
[16:51] | of the hit television show “Star Trek.” | 《星际迷航》的特别篇 |
[16:56] | Are you kidding me? | 开玩笑呢吧 |
[16:57] | I think it should be their season opener next year. | 我觉得这能作为下一季的首集 |
[17:00] | If there is one. | 那也得有下一季 |
[17:01] | It’s a tough time slot– “My three sons,” “Bewitched.” | 竞争会很激烈 《我的三个儿子》 《家有仙妻》 |
[17:03] | That thing’s a juggernaut. | 那个剧很火 |
[17:04] | It’ll be there. | 会有的 |
[17:06] | Where the hell do you watched it? | 你在哪看的 |
[17:07] | Through the window of a pizza parlor on MacDougal. | 隔着麦克杜苟大街的一家披萨店的玻璃看的 |
[17:10] | What, do you lip-read? | 怎么 你能看懂唇语吗 |
[17:11] | I’ve seen the show, | 反正我看过就是了 |
[17:13] | and I think I’ve made a good effort | 而且我认为我写的很好 |
[17:14] | at matching the moral complexities | 结合了人类的复杂性 |
[17:15] | tinged with adventure that draw people to it. | 以及引人眼球的冒险这两大元素 |
[17:19] | Just read the first 15 pages. | 就看看前15页 |
[17:21] | If you don’t think it’s good enough for network television, | 如果你觉得不够好 |
[17:22] | then you don’t have to pass it along to the executives at NBC | 就不用拿给NBC的主管们看了 |
[17:26] | or even think about trying to get it to Mr. Roddenberry. | 更不用拿去给罗登伯里先生了 |
[17:30] | That’s kind of a line you don’t cross, Paul. | 你不能逼我做这事儿 保罗 |
[17:32] | Who do you think you’re talking to? | 你以为你是在和谁说话 |
[17:34] | How much do you buy at NBC? | 你从NBC那儿买了多少广告时间 |
[17:36] | You don’t have any leverage? | 难道连这点影响力都没有 |
[17:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:42] | – Is it about hare krishna? – No. | -故事是宣传奎师那知觉的吗 -不是 |
[17:44] | Well, not literally, but they don’t tell literal stories. | 不完全是 不过他们也不用故事宣传 |
[17:49] | Look, you had a vision your first time. | 听着 你第一次去就看见了幻象 |
[17:53] | Not that I wasn’t in a state of bliss for the first few months, | 我呢 不光前几个月什么都没有 |
[17:55] | but something happened. | 后来也发生了一些事 |
[17:58] | I try to clear my head, but I can’t. | 我试着理清思绪 但是我做不到 |
[18:00] | It’s too busy in there. | 想法太多了 |
[18:02] | Everybody else looks so happy. | 其他人看起来都那么开心 |
[18:06] | You know, I got there and I started trying to figure out | 而我在那却绞尽脑汁想弄清 |
[18:08] | who Prabhupad likes best. | 圣帕布帕得最喜欢谁 |
[18:10] | It’s the same as everywhere I go. | 但就像我在其他地方的时候一样 |
[18:12] | He doesn’t like me. No one likes me. | 他不喜欢我 没人喜欢我 |
[18:16] | Sometimes I think Krishna doesn’t even like me. | 有时候我觉得连上帝都不喜欢我 |
[18:20] | No one but Lakshmi. | 除了吉祥天女 |
[18:24] | Will you read the script? | 你能看看剧本吗 |
[20:20] | Can I ask you something? | 问你件事 |
[20:21] | Why didn’t you bring in Paul Kinsey when you hiring Ginsberg? | 你之前为何不重聘保罗·金西 而雇了金斯伯格 |
[20:23] | He wasn’t submitted. | 他的简历并不在内 |
[20:24] | You didn’t consider him? | 你没想到他吗 |
[20:26] | Was I supposed to? | 我应该想到他吗 |
[20:27] | As far as I know, he was at McCann, | 据我所知 他之前在麦肯公司 |
[20:29] | And then Y&R, | 之后是扬&罗必凯 |
[20:30] | then he rolled downhill through K&E and B&B. | 然后走下坡路去了肯恩&埃克哈 百态广告 |
[20:33] | And last thing I heard, he was in-house at A&P. | 最后住在了A&P |
[20:36] | Who’s A&P | A&P是哪家公司 |
[20:37] | Oh, no, I’m sorry. The A&P. | 抱歉 我指的是那家超市 |
[20:41] | Will you read a script he wrote for “Star Trek”? | 你能看一下他为《星际迷航》写的剧本吗 |
[20:44] | Harry, if he asked you to pass it along, | 哈里 如果他要你传给大家看 |
[20:46] | I don’t think this is what he meant. | 应该不是要你给我 |
[20:47] | I know what he meant, but I need a second opinion. | 我知道 但我想听听你的意见 |
[20:51] | Aren’t you curious? | 你不好奇吗 |
[20:54] | Is it going to give me a case of the “Nee-groan complex”? | 难道是要阐述他的”黑人情结”吗 |
[20:59] | It’s really bad. | 是很烂 |
[21:00] | And it’s pronounced “Neh-grahn,” because it rhymes with Katahn, | 而且那应该念”尼格瑞安” 因为要和”卡特瑞安”押韵 |
[21:03] | which the Negron pick under slavery to the Caucasons. | 在这里 黑星人是白星人的奴隶 |
[21:07] | That’s a twist. | 这是个笑点 |
[21:08] | No, the twist is that the Negron are white. | 真正的笑点是这个黑星人其实是白人 |
[21:12] | Great. Now I’m not gonna get anything done. | 这下我都没心思做其他事了 |
[21:15] | He really hopes this will change his life. | 他真的希望这个能改变他的生活 |
[21:17] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[21:19] | You really wanna help him, don’t you? | 你是真心想帮他 对吗 |
[21:21] | So what? Really, do you know how lucky we are? | 那又如何 你知道我们有多走运吗 |
[21:25] | Well, if you really wanna help, be honest with him, | 你要想帮他 就跟他把话挑明 |
[21:28] | and tell him he needs to write a better script. | 就说这个稿子还差火候 |
[21:31] | I think it was really hard for him. | 我觉得那太打击他了 |
[21:33] | Then he shouldn’t be doing it. | 那他就不该干这行 |
[21:41] | Mr. Campbell to see you. | 坎贝尔先生找您 |
[21:50] | Send him in. | 请他进来 |
[21:54] | So what’s your favorite Jaguar? | 你最喜欢捷豹的哪款 |
[21:57] | Did you send over a packet? | 你给过我介绍册吗 |
[21:58] | No, I drove them. | 没有 我去试驾了 |
[22:00] | Well, someone drove me. | 其实是人家代我试驾 |
[22:02] | I don’t know how to operate a stick shift. | 我不会开手动挡 |
[22:04] | I’ll go this afternoon. | 我今天下午过去 |
[22:05] | See that you do, because your opinion means a lot more than mine. | 务必要去 你的意见比我重要多了 |
[22:08] | Take Megan. See how they deal with a couple. | 叫上梅根吧 看看他们怎么应对夫妻档 |
[22:12] | We’ll see. | 再说吧 |
[22:14] | You know, if I told you last December | 要是我去年十二月跟你说 |
[22:16] | that we’d be in the running for a car, | 我们在为汽车业务竞标 |
[22:18] | You would have kissed me on the mouth. | 你肯定会给我来个热吻 |
[22:20] | Maybe you and I should go as a couple. | 你是不是想和我做夫妻档 |
[22:30] | Well, that is good to hear. | 这确实是个好消息 |
[22:32] | Pity having to deplete the resources this time of year, | 虽然现在就把资源全部用完可惜了点 |
[22:35] | but it had to be done. | 也别无他法了 |
[22:37] | I’ve been assured the funds should be accessible immediately. | 你们向我保证过这笔钱随用随取的 |
[22:40] | Very well. | 很好 |
[22:41] | There is the matter of my fee. | 关于我酬金的问题 |
[22:45] | Yes, of course. | 那当然了 |
[22:47] | After the holidays? Good day. | 放假回来再说 再见了 |
[22:54] | Joan, you have a guest in reception. | 琼 前台有人找你 |
[22:56] | He needs a signature. | 需要你签字 |
[23:04] | Are you Joan Harris? | 琼·哈里斯吗 |
[23:06] | Yes, that’s me. | 对 是我 |
[23:09] | – You’re served. – What? | -法院见 -什么 |
[23:18] | Damn it. | 妈的 |
[23:20] | Why did you let him in? | 你怎么能让他进来 |
[23:22] | – He said he needed to talk to you. – About what? | -他说要跟你谈谈 -谈什么 |
[23:25] | I don’t remember everything everybody says. | 别人说的话我又不能都记住 |
[23:27] | Because you’re an idiot! | 因为你就是个白痴 |
[23:30] | Don’t talk to me like that. | 别跟我这么说话 |
[23:31] | Do you understand having you out here | 我们花钱请你坐在这里 |
[23:33] | is the same as having no one? | 就像放了个摆设一样 |
[23:35] | He said he knew you. He said it was a surprise. | 他说他认识你 想给你个惊喜 |
[23:38] | A surprise? | 惊喜 |
[23:39] | Well, thank you for that. Here’s a surprise! | 我谢谢你了 我也给你个惊喜 |
[23:42] | – Joan! – Surprise! | -琼 -给你个惊喜 |
[23:43] | There’s an airpLane here to see you! | 有架飞机来找你了 |
[23:46] | You’re not allowed to do that. | 你无权这么做 |
[23:47] | – Come on. – Stop it. | -跟我走 -别管我 |
[23:57] | – What’s going on? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没事 |
[24:00] | – Come with me. – I’m fine. | -跟我去转转吧 -我没事 |
[24:05] | Oh, Don. | 唐 |
[24:07] | Come on, let’s go. | 快点 走吧 |
[24:08] | It’s too early for lunch. | 现在吃午饭太早了 |
[24:10] | – Not going to lunch. – I don’t even have my coat. | -我们不是去吃饭 -我外套都没穿 |
[24:36] | Look at your watch. | 看看表 |
[24:39] | Well, hello. | 二位好 |
[24:42] | What brings you in today? | 二位有何贵干 |
[24:44] | We got tired of waiting for a cab. | 打车太麻烦了 |
[24:46] | Thought we’d buy a car. | 所以想买辆车开 |
[24:48] | Well, let’s see if I can get out of your way. | 我来给您介绍一下吧 |
[24:53] | What’s this one? | 这款怎么样 |
[24:55] | It’s the Mark II. | 这是马克二号 |
[24:56] | It’s roomy, quiet, good for a night on the town, | 宽敞 安静 适合城市夜行 |
[24:58] | but can also accommodate children. | 还能装下孩子们 |
[25:01] | Do you have any? | 二位有孩子吗 |
[25:03] | Altogether, four. | 一共四个 |
[25:05] | This is a car for the American road. | 这辆车为美国的道路量身定做 |
[25:08] | It’s too much power for England. | 它的马力在英国跑太可惜 |
[25:10] | They don’t have the space. | 他们的公路不够宽 |
[25:12] | Yeah, plus I hear the dampness | 对 我还听说那里太潮湿 |
[25:13] | is murder on the electrical system. | 对电气系统损害太厉害了 |
[25:15] | We’ve worked that out. | 这个问题我们已经解决了 |
[25:18] | Oh, honey. What’s that? | 亲爱的 那款怎么样 |
[25:21] | That’s the most beautiful car ever made: | 那是有史以来最豪华的汽车 |
[25:24] | The XK-E, or the E-type. | 捷豹XK-E 又称E型号 |
[25:27] | I want one. | 我想要一辆 |
[25:29] | I’m thinking about paying to have you drive around in this. | 我愿意花钱请您来试驾这辆车 |
[25:32] | Go get me the keys. I’ll drive her around for free. | 把钥匙给我吧 我陪她试驾不花你钱 |
[25:35] | I’ll have to take you out one at a time. | 我分两次带二位试驾吧 |
[25:37] | There’s no room for three. | 车里只能坐两个人 |
[25:40] | Why would we want you along? | 我们为什么想要你一起呢 |
[25:42] | She really wants me to take it for a ride. | 她更喜欢我开车 |
[25:45] | I can’t. | 我无权做主 |
[25:46] | She can drive it herself. | 她可以自己开车的 |
[25:48] | So you’re going to ride with her? | 你想开车带她兜风 |
[25:51] | Can I? | 可以吗 |
[25:53] | How much is the car? | 这车多少钱 |
[25:55] | That one? | 这辆吗 |
[25:57] | $5,600. | 5600美元 |
[26:02] | Here’s $6,000. | 这是6000美元 |
[26:05] | If we don’t come back, consider it paid for. | 要是我们不回来 就当我们把它买走了 |
[26:15] | I don’t know what it is. That car does nothing for me. | 我不知道怎么回事 那车丝毫不能激起我的兴趣 |
[26:18] | It’s because you’re happy. You don’t need it. | 那是因为你很快乐 不需要这些 |
[26:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:25] | You do not know how hard I’ve tried to ignore this at work. | 你不知道我在公司多努力想无视那些 |
[26:30] | I know what I’m doing, I have some control, | 我很擅长自己的工作 也有一定地位 |
[26:35] | but then he found a way to ruin that, too. | 但现在 他把这些也毁了 |
[26:40] | You’re gonna need to define some of these pronouns | 你最好告诉我你在说谁 |
[26:41] | want me to keep listening. | 才能让我继续听下去 |
[26:44] | Dr. Captain Harris served me with papers in the office. | 哈里斯上尉医生在办公室给我下了传票 |
[26:49] | He’s divorcing me. | 他要跟我离婚 |
[26:52] | Like he has the moral high ground. | 就像他占据道德制高点一样 |
[26:57] | It’s hard on a marriage when you’re apart. | 异地生活很难维系婚姻 |
[26:59] | Really? He loves it. | 是吗 他可很喜欢 |
[27:03] | I’m sorry about that girl, but, you know… | 我对那女孩感到很抱歉 但是你知道 |
[27:08] | It used to be if someone needed to see me in reception, | 以前要是前台说有人要见我 |
[27:11] | they were delivering flowers. | 通常都是送花的 |
[27:13] | Those flowers… | 那些花儿啊 |
[27:17] | God, my first week here I thought you were dating Ali Khan. | 我刚来这的第一周以为你对象是阿里罕 |
[27:20] | My mother raised me to be admired. | 我母亲就冲着万人迷培养我的 |
[27:23] | But no flowers from you. | 但你没给我送过花啊 |
[27:25] | You scared the shit out of me. | 你气场太强大了 |
[27:27] | Burt Peterson told me you were the one person | 伯特·彼得森告诉我你是公司里 |
[27:29] | in the agency I shouldn’t cross. | 唯一一个碰不得的女人 |
[27:31] | He and Freddy had a standing argument | 他和弗雷迪一口咬定 |
[27:33] | that you were a lesbian. | 你是女同性恋 |
[27:35] | You think they never brought that up with me? | 你以为他们没在我跟前提过吗 |
[27:39] | Well, congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[27:42] | For what? | 祝贺什么 |
[27:45] | For getting divorced. | 祝贺你要离婚了 |
[27:48] | Nobody realizes how bad it has to get for that to happen. | 外人怎会理解 不到万不得已谁会离婚 |
[27:52] | Now you get to move on. | 现在你终于解脱了 |
[27:55] | To what? | 然后呢 |
[27:58] | To start over? | 开始崭新的生活 |
[28:00] | With a baby? | 还带着孩子 |
[28:02] | On what date do you share that news? | 什么时候告诉别人这个消息 |
[28:06] | Right after you go all the way. | 判决书一下来就跟人说 |
[28:10] | You’ll find somebody better. | 你会找到更好的 |
[28:14] | You did, didn’t you? | 你找到了 不是吗 |
[28:16] | You found someone perfect. | 找到了完美的女人 |
[28:18] | I did. | 是啊 |
[28:23] | I feel like the office misses her. | 我觉得公司里的人都很想念她 |
[28:27] | Maybe I should have kept her at reception. | 也许当初我就该把她留在前台 |
[28:35] | I don’t think you should have thrown those papers out the window. | 我觉得你不该把那些文件扔出窗外 |
[28:39] | Give me some change. I want music. | 给我点零钱 我去点歌 |
[28:49] | There’s a Lakshmi here to see you. | 有位吉祥天女来见你 |
[28:52] | She’s got a whole story. | 她说要跟你见面具体谈 |
[28:54] | Uh… Bring her back. | 带她进来吧 |
[28:58] | Scarlett, please hold all my calls. | 斯嘉丽 我不接任何电话 |
[29:11] | A pleasure to see you. I hope you understand. | 很高兴见到你 我希望你能理解 |
[29:13] | Jennifer wants to be very thorough in our search for a nanny. | 詹妮弗对招保姆这事不想有半点马虎 |
[29:17] | Thank you, Meredith. | 谢谢你 梅雷迪斯 |
[29:22] | If this is some kind of shakedown, let me stop you right now. | 如果你要勒索我 劝你别白费心机了 |
[29:25] | I know you’re trying to recruit me. | 我知道你想劝我当教员 |
[29:27] | Can I have a drink? | 我能喝杯酒吗 |
[29:29] | Isn’t that verboten? | 不是禁酒的吗 |
[29:31] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[29:33] | I don’t know what it is, | 我不知道怎么回事 |
[29:35] | but when you were chanting, I felt this… | 但是当你在诵经时 我感受到一种 |
[29:40] | intensity, you know? | 强烈的欲望 你明白吗 |
[29:43] | Everywhere on my body… | 弥漫全身 |
[29:46] | especially one place. | 尤其是那里 |
[29:50] | Really? | 当真 |
[29:52] | I was in such a state. | 我当时好投入 |
[29:58] | Stop it. I thought you were with Paul. | 停下 我以为你和保罗是一对 |
[30:02] | Nobody’s with anybody. | 没有谁和谁是一对 |
[30:05] | Paramatma does what he wants and so do I. | 超灵圣主做他想做的 我也是 |
[30:08] | It doesn’t mean that we don’t love each other. | 这并不意味着我们不爱对方 |
[30:11] | So there’s no reason for you to say no. | 所以你没有理由拒绝我 |
[30:14] | What about the fact that I’m married? | 那我结婚了又怎么说 |
[30:17] | I’m burning for you. | 我为你欲火燃烧 |
[30:21] | Does your wife burn for you? | 你老婆烧得起来吗 |
[30:29] | So this is completely allowed? | 这完全合情合理吗 |
[30:45] | Take me like this. | 从后面干我吧 |
[30:56] | Not even a little Sinatra? | 不来点西纳特拉的歌吗 |
[30:58] | Jimmy Durante. | 吉米·杜兰特 |
[31:05] | Look at all these people dancing to my music. | 看看这些人都随着我点的歌起舞 |
[31:12] | You wanna dance? | 想跳舞吗 |
[31:14] | I don’t think we should. | 我觉得我们不该跳 |
[31:16] | You sure look like you wanna dance. | 你看起来很想跳舞 |
[31:18] | You and me in midtown? | 你和我 在市中心吗 |
[31:21] | You with that look on your face? | 还有你那副经典表情 |
[31:25] | What look, baby? | 什么表情 宝贝儿 |
[31:28] | God, you’re irresistible. | 老天 你真是诱惑难挡 |
[31:32] | You know what this woman said to me once? | 你知道有个女人怎么说我吗 |
[31:36] | I like being bad | 她说我喜欢在外风流 |
[31:38] | and going home and being good. | 回家本分 |
[31:40] | I bet that stuck to your ribs. | 我敢说那一定让你很满足吧 |
[31:43] | It was a disaster. | 简直是个灾难 |
[31:46] | And you enjoyed every minute of it. | 但你又无时无刻不在享受 |
[31:50] | God, I miss that. | 我真怀念那种感觉 |
[31:57] | Well, there’s a gentleman over at 7:30 | 7点半方向有位男士 |
[32:00] | who looks like he wants to dance. | 看起来想跳一曲 |
[32:06] | Who do you think he is? | 你觉得他是干什么的 |
[32:08] | Advertising? | 做广告的 |
[32:11] | Insurance? Lawyer? | 保险 律师 |
[32:17] | And who do you think is waiting at home? | 谁又在家守着 等他回去 |
[32:21] | I bet she’s not ugly. | 我敢说她一定长得不丑 |
[32:23] | The only sin she’s committed is being familiar. | 她唯一的缺陷就是彼此太熟悉了 |
[32:28] | So you think it’s all him? | 所以你觉得都是他的错吗 |
[32:30] | Because she can’t give him what he wants? | 因为她没法给他想要的吗 |
[32:33] | Because he doesn’t know what he wants, | 因为他不知道自己要什么 |
[32:38] | But he’s wanting. | 但却一直在追求着 |
[32:40] | He knows. | 他知道 |
[32:43] | It’s just the way he is. | 他本性就是那样 |
[32:46] | And maybe it’s just the way she is. | 也许她也是这样 |
[32:58] | I’m gonna go. | 我得走了 |
[33:02] | I can still drive I think. | 我应该还能开车 |
[33:03] | I can drive. | 我能开的 |
[33:05] | You can stay. | 你留在这 |
[33:08] | I’ve been sitting with you since he walked in. | 他进来时我就一直跟你坐在一起 |
[33:11] | Poor me, I struck out. | 我真可怜 三振出局 |
[33:13] | Who’s gonna believe that? | 谁会相信 |
[33:25] | Carfare, | 车费 |
[33:27] | in case it doesn’t work out. | 万一艳遇不成的话 |
[33:29] | Mad money. | 备用零钱 |
[33:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[33:35] | Good night, sweetheart. | 晚安 甜心 |
[33:38] | Stand over by the jukebox. | 站到点歌机那 |
[33:40] | That looked pretty good before. | 那看起来很美 |
[34:08] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[34:10] | I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我… |
[34:12] | My heart’s beating like a rabbit. | 我心砰砰直跳 |
[34:15] | Smoking’s not gonna help. | 吸烟可没什么帮助 |
[34:18] | Don’t get all strict on me, Mother Lakshmi. | 别对我那么严苛 吉祥天女 |
[34:21] | But I am strict. | 我就这么严苛 |
[34:24] | I did this for the movement. | 我都是为了这个运动 |
[34:27] | Good to know, but I ain’t joining. | 很高兴知道 但我不打算加入 |
[34:30] | Although your techniques are more persuasive than Parma– Paul’s. | 尽管你的方法比超灵圣…比保罗的更有说服力 |
[34:37] | You’re disgusting. | 你真恶心 |
[34:39] | I’m only here because I don’t want you shaking his devotion. | 我来只是不想让你动摇他的信仰 |
[34:42] | What? How does that work? | 什么 那怎么能成功 |
[34:45] | You’re the worst girlfriend in the world. | 你是史上最糟的女朋友 |
[34:47] | And you’re the best friend. | 而你是最好的朋友 |
[34:49] | That’s why you’re giving him false hope for his awful teleplay. | 所以你给他那糟糕的剧本虚假的希望 |
[34:55] | He wants to have a life with you. | 他想和你一起共度余生 |
[34:57] | And you know that, even if that was possible, | 你也知道 就算可以 |
[34:59] | that’s not the way. | 那样也行不通 |
[35:01] | Well, he doesn’t know that. | 可是 他不知道 |
[35:03] | So why don’t you just let him go? | 所以你为什么不放过他 |
[35:04] | Because he’s a devotee of the Lord. | 因为他是神的皈依者 |
[35:08] | You’re just a karmi | 而你只是个凡人 |
[35:10] | and a sense enjoyer. | 和感官享受者 |
[35:11] | You wanna make him into a gross materialist | 你非要让他变成恶俗的物欲主义者 |
[35:14] | when he’s living in the spiritual world. | 他明明在精神世界中生活得很好 |
[35:18] | And also he’s our best recruiter. | 而且他还是我们最好的招募者 |
[35:21] | I mean, he really can close. | 他真的很会招新人 |
[35:23] | So I’m confused. Why do we just do that? | 我搞不懂了 那我们刚刚为什么要做 |
[35:27] | Because you’re going to stay away from him | 因为你要离他远一点儿 |
[35:29] | and let him be happy in the light of Krishna Consciousness. | 让他在奎师那知觉之光下快乐生活 |
[35:35] | You thought I was some confused little girl? | 你以为我是个迷茫的小姑娘吗 |
[35:38] | I’m trading the only thing I have. | 我在拿我唯一所有做交易 |
[35:42] | But you already gave it away. | 但你已经让我上过了 |
[35:50] | Stay away from him. | 离他远点 |
[35:57] | What do I do about the script? | 剧本怎么办 |
[36:00] | Tell him the truth. | 告诉他实话 |
[36:04] | That always works. | 一直很有效 |
[36:30] | You’re drunk. | 你喝醉了 |
[36:32] | And you left work at lunch. | 午餐时就离开了公司 |
[36:34] | Where the hell were you? | 你到底在哪儿 |
[36:36] | You wanna get the rolling pin? | 你要擀面杖吗 |
[36:40] | What the hell? | 到底怎么了 |
[36:40] | I wanna know where you were. | 我想知道你去哪儿了 |
[36:43] | I left work, I test-drove a jaguar, | 我没在办公室 我去试驾了辆捷豹 |
[36:46] | had a drink with Joan, drove around some more and dropped it off. | 和琼喝了一杯 开了会车 然后把它还了回去 |
[36:49] | And you never thought to call me? | 你也没想给我打个电话 |
[36:50] | Why did you want me to think that? | 你为什么要让我胡思乱想 |
[36:52] | Calm the hell down. | 你冷静点 |
[36:53] | I put a plate in the oven for you | 我为你做了吃的 |
[36:55] | and sat here like an idiot, waiting for someone | 像个傻子一样坐在这儿 等一个 |
[36:57] | who doesn’t give a shit about anybody. | 把谁都不放在心上的人 |
[37:04] | – You like to get mad. – No, I don’t. | -你就爱生气 -我没有 |
[37:06] | – That’s what gets you going. – That is not what this is. | -你想要了 -这次不是 |
[37:08] | Now sit down! | 给我坐下 |
[37:10] | You’re gonna eat dinner with me. | 和我一起吃晚饭 |
[37:40] | Do you want any cheese? | 要芝士吗 |
[37:42] | – No. Do you want – I’ll clean it up later. | -不 你要 -我等会收拾 |
[37:54] | You used to love your work. | 你以前很爱你的工作 |
[37:57] | Well, it’s different there now. | 现在在公司感觉变了 |
[38:01] | You loved it before you ever met me. | 你遇到我之前 就热爱你的工作 |
[38:10] | My mother is not a good nurse | 我母亲本来就不是很高明的护士 |
[38:12] | and he hides his symptoms. | 而且他还隐瞒了他的症状 |
[38:15] | He’s a rugged chap. | 他皮糙肉厚 |
[38:17] | I do think more than ever | 我觉得今年圣诞 |
[38:18] | we should pay them a visit at Christmas. | 我们更应该去看看他们 |
[38:20] | Or I could just take Nigel. | 或许我可以带上奈吉 |
[38:22] | Certainly we can afford that. | 我们可以负担得起 |
[38:34] | I shouldn’t be sharing this, | 我本不该这么说 |
[38:35] | but I truly don’t want you to go. | 但我真的不想让你去 |
[38:39] | You see, Edwin’s left Jaguar. | 你看 埃德温离开了捷豹 |
[38:44] | Oh, that’s why she left in a hurry. | 所以她急匆匆地走了 |
[38:47] | If he had been sacked, he’d have lost his visa. | 如果他被开除的话 就没有签证了 |
[38:50] | Yes, well, it allowed Jaguar to come crawling back to me. | 这样捷豹就会回来委托我 |
[38:55] | The firm can’t do it without me | 公司不能没有我 |
[38:56] | and I shan’t spend another Christmas alone. | 而且我不想再过一个孤单的圣诞 |
[39:02] | Oh, darling. | 亲爱的 |
[39:03] | I’m so happy for you, so proud. | 我真为你高兴 自豪 |
[39:08] | Of course we’ll be here by your side. | 我们当然会在你身边 |
[39:10] | Christmas in New York will do just fine. | 纽约的圣诞也会不错的 |
[39:31] | Don’t get excited. | 别太激动 |
[39:32] | Well, get excited, but they’re not from me. | 好吧 可以激动 但不是我送的 |
[39:36] | Thank you for delivering them. | 谢谢你给我送过来 |
[39:38] | I had to. | 我是被逼的 |
[39:39] | The girl in recepeption’s too scared to bring them back. | 前台的姑娘害怕的没法把花送回来 |
[39:41] | I also had to sign for them and tip handsomely. | 我还得签字 给小费 |
[39:48] | Do you want a tip, too? | 你也想要小费吗 |
[39:53] | How many times I left you alone with a card from another man? | 多少次你收别的男人的花我都回避了 |
[40:04] | 你母亲 养了个好女儿 | |
[40:14] | Hare Krishna. | 哈瑞 奎师那 |
[40:17] | Great to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[40:19] | Well, I’ve been meditating on the idea that you have good news, | 我预感你有好消息 |
[40:21] | Especially since you called me so fast. | 因为你这么快就打给我 |
[40:24] | Then I realized it’s probably not, | 但是我觉得可能又不是 |
[40:25] | since you wouldn’t tell me over the phone. | 因为你不愿意在电话中说 |
[40:31] | I have news, but it’s complicated. | 我有一些消息 但是很难说 |
[40:36] | They loved it. | 他们很喜欢 |
[40:37] | They said it was one of the best scripts they had ever read. | 他们说这是所读过的最好的剧本之一 |
[40:40] | Who? | 谁 |
[40:41] | Uh, the reader at Mike Weinblatt’s office. | 麦克·维恩布兰办公室的一个读者 |
[40:44] | But he apparently can’t give it to Mike | 但很明显 因法律原因 |
[40:45] | or anyone over there because of legal reasons. | 他不能给麦克或其他人看 |
[40:48] | And you can never call him | 你也决不能给他打电话 |
[40:49] | because they’ve had some lawsuits, | 因为他们为此吃过官司 |
[40:51] | but he said you have a future and I agree with him. | 但他觉得你很有前途 我也同意 |
[40:55] | Did you tell him I’ll get a lawyer? | 你有没有给他说我可以请律师 |
[40:56] | I’ll sign anything they want. | 我什么都愿意签 |
[40:57] | Yes, but he was firmly discouraging in every way | 我说了 他对这些都坚决反对 |
[41:01] | except in his unbridled enthusiasm for the writing. | 但对你的作品还是充满了热情 |
[41:04] | Really? What did he say? | 真的吗 他怎么说的 |
[41:06] | Can I talk to him? Does he want to talk to me? | 我能跟他聊聊吗 他想跟我谈吗 |
[41:07] | Never. But… | 千万别 但是… |
[41:13] | in this envelope is your future. | 你的未来就在这个信封中 |
[41:17] | This is your destiny. | 这就是你的命运 |
[41:19] | – Is it a contract? – They’re not interested… | -是不是合同 -他们不感兴趣… |
[41:24] | But I am. | 但我感兴趣 |
[41:28] | This is $500 and a ticket to Los Angeles. | 这是500美元和去洛杉矶的票 |
[41:31] | I want you to leave the Krishnas and go out there and try. | 我要你离开奎师那知觉 去外面闯闯 |
[41:35] | I don’t think Lakshmi– | 我觉得吉祥天女不会同意… |
[41:37] | I’m not giving you this unless you promise | 你必须保证离开那里 放弃一切 |
[41:41] | to leave your things and go from here. | 否则我就不会给你 |
[41:44] | I don’t have any things. | 我本来就一无所有 |
[41:47] | Good. This is all you need. | 很好 那这些就足够了 |
[41:52] | You don’t understand what it’s like out there. | 你根本不明白外面是什么样 |
[41:55] | This failure, this life– | 你现在的失意 现在的经历 |
[41:58] | It’ll all seem like it happened to someone else. | 将来回想起来 会像一场梦 |
[42:02] | Harry, you don’t understand Lakshmi. | 哈里 你不了解吉祥天女 |
[42:06] | If you go back there, you’ll never be strong enough to go. | 如果你回去 就永远没有勇气离开了 |
[42:10] | And then she’ll try and talk you out of it. | 然后她会说服你放弃理想 |
[42:11] | And what does that tell you? It’s $500. | 你难道还不明白吗 这可是500美元 |
[42:14] | You can call her on the way from Philly or something. | 你可以先上路 到费城再给她打电话 |
[42:42] | You know, all these people said they’d do something for me. | 你知道吗 有那么多人说过会帮助我 |
[42:45] | You’re the first one who did. | 你是第一个真正帮我的人 |
[42:51] | Break a leg. | 祝你成功 |
[43:00] | Everyone’s assembling for the announcement. | 大家都到场了 |
[43:03] | Well, there’s a little bad news to go with the good. | 现在有了点坏消息 |
[43:07] | Mohawk’s machinists are going on strike. | 莫霍克公司的机械师罢工了 |
[43:09] | Despite the fact that they’re flying, | 尽管航班还在飞 |
[43:11] | They’re suspending their advertising. | 但他们暂停了广告业务 |
[43:14] | They made so much money all summer as scabs. | 他们夏天运营时赚了那么多钱 |
[43:18] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么 |
[43:19] | Mohawk’s on strike. | 莫霍克公司罢工了 |
[43:20] | They’re suspending all work. | 他们暂停了一切业务 |
[43:22] | They’re not leaving the agency, | 他们不会取消与我们的合作 |
[43:23] | but what they save by cutting the AD budget | 但他们会削减广告预算 |
[43:24] | goes straight to the bottom line, and it’s the end of the year. | 以补贴账底 年底花销大 |
[43:27] | Well, then there’ll be no bonuses. | 那就别发奖金了 |
[43:29] | No! | 不 |
[43:32] | No Christmas bonuses three years in a row? | 连续三年都不发圣诞奖金吗 |
[43:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[43:37] | They’re going to be working all through the holidays on Jaguar. | 他们整个假期都要忙捷豹的广告案 |
[43:41] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[43:42] | Just the partners will defer. | 只推迟合伙人的奖金 |
[43:45] | Even the junior partners? | 初级合伙人也推迟吗 |
[43:46] | Yes, till the end of January. | 是的 直到一月底 |
[43:50] | That’s prudent. | 这样比较谨慎 |
[43:52] | Well, here we go. | 开始吧 |
[43:54] | Don, you up to joining us? | 唐 跟我们一起来吗 |
[44:07] | Lane, go ahead. | 莱恩 说吧 |
[44:10] | Well, we have a few announcements, | 我们要宣布几件事情 |
[44:13] | The first of which is that we have received | 首先是我们收到了 |
[44:17] | some bad news from Mohawk Airlines | 莫霍克航空公司的坏消息 |
[44:19] | that they will be suspending their work indefinitely. | 他们将无限期推迟业务 |
[44:24] | This puts significant financial strain on the company. | 这会使公司资金异常紧张 |
[44:30] | It was our plan to distribute | 我们本计划今年 |
[44:33] | Christmas bonuses this year, but… | 分发圣诞奖金 但是… |
[44:38] | quite selflessly the partners have elected to forego their share | 合伙人无私地决定 推迟发放自己的奖金 |
[44:43] | in the interests of rewarding the staff for a job well done. | 而优先表彰员工们的出色工作 |
[44:52] | You’re all getting Christmas bonuses and we aren’t. | 你们有圣诞奖金 我们没有 |
[45:00] | Now, understand that the financial straddling required | 我们之所以在如此紧张的情况下发奖金 |
[45:05] | is for a very good reason. | 是有原因的 |
[45:08] | We’ve been included in an elite group of agencies | 我们和其他几家精英公司被选中 |
[45:10] | invited to pitch Jaguar Cars. | 竞标捷豹公司 |
[45:14] | So congratulations. | 所以祝贺大家 |
[45:21] | Anything else? | 还有什么要说吗 |
[45:22] | Yes, actually, I’d like to say something. | 是的 事实上 我想说几句 |
[45:25] | Would you? | 是吗 |
[45:28] | Last year at this time, whether you knew it or not, | 去年此时 不管你们知不知道 |
[45:31] | the survival of this company is on the line. | 我们公司命悬一线 |
[45:34] | I look at the faces in this room | 看着房间里你们的面孔 |
[45:35] | who have given their all to this tenuous recovery | 每个人都为公司的崛起付出了辛劳 |
[45:38] | and I say… | 我想说… |
[45:41] | prepare to take a great leap forward. | 准备好迈出一大步 |
[45:45] | Prepare to swim the English Channel | 准备好游过英吉利海峡 |
[45:46] | and then drown in champagne. | 并在香槟中沉浸 |
[45:51] | There are six weekends between now and the pitch. | 距离创意展示还有6周 |
[45:55] | We are going to spend them all here. | 我们将一直留在公司里 |
[45:58] | We will celebrate Christmas here. | 我们将在这里庆祝圣诞节 |
[45:59] | We will ring in the New Year together. | 我们将一起迎接新年 |
[46:01] | And in the end, we will represent Jaguar | 最后 我们将赢得捷豹 |
[46:04] | and it will be worth it. | 而一切都将是值得的 |
[46:06] | Every agency on Madison Avenue | 麦迪逊大道的任何一家公司 |
[46:07] | is defined by the moment they got their car. | 都以得到汽车业务为里程碑 |
[46:11] | When we land Jaguar, | 当我们拿下捷豹时 |
[46:13] | the world will we’ve arrived. | 世界都将知晓我们的存在 |
[46:25] | Creative, in my office. | 创意部 来我办公室 |