时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:43] | “Jaguar, the mistress | “捷豹汽车 你的隐秘情人 |
[00:44] | who’ll do things your wife won’t.” | 给予你妻子无法给予的极致享受” |
[00:48] | What did I say before? | 之前怎么跟你们说的 |
[00:50] | The client doesn’t want to hear the word mistress. | 客户不想听到”情人”这类词汇 |
[00:51] | Salesmen can use it, but the campaign can’t. | 推销员可以用 广告里绝对不能出现 |
[00:54] | “Jaguar, you’ll love it when you’re in it.” | “捷豹汽车 一旦拥有 别无他求” |
[00:58] | Are we just spitting up lines now? | 现在开始随口乱报广告词了吗 |
[01:02] | You know what? Let’s take a break. | 不如这样 各位休息会儿 |
[01:08] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[01:10] | What was unclear about the fact | 你还看不出来吗 |
[01:11] | that he’s taking a break and we’re not? | 是他休息 我们要继续工作 |
[01:22] | I need you to sign off on Secor Laxative. | 赛可通便剂的案子要你签发 |
[01:25] | I told you you were in charge | 之前告诉你了 捷豹竞标期间 |
[01:26] | of all ongoing business till Jaguar’s done. | 你来负责所有在手的客户 |
[01:28] | – Just handle it. – Done. | -全权代理 -好的 |
[01:30] | How’s the prospect doing? | 你们那进展如何 |
[01:32] | Is it lunchtime? | 午餐时间到了吗 |
[01:33] | Jesus, is it? | 天呐 是吗 |
[01:35] | Mr. Sterling bought lobster from the Palm. | 斯特林先生从棕榈餐厅给大家买来了龙虾 |
[01:38] | Doesn’t that sound good? | 听起来就很棒吧 |
[01:50] | So I don’t know what the Jaguar executives will say. | 我虽然不清楚捷豹的高层是什么态度 |
[01:52] | But I got dealerships in Montclair, | 但我的经销商遍布蒙特克莱尔 |
[01:55] | Englewood, Morristown, | 恩格尔伍德 莫里斯镇 |
[01:56] | Paramus and Rutherford. | 帕拉默斯以及拉瑟福德 |
[01:58] | And I carry three other foreign cars. | 同时我还代理另外三种进口汽车 |
[02:00] | So, frankly, creative has to be pretty spectacular | 所以坦白说 创意必须相当出彩才行 |
[02:03] | Jaguar is just another word on the sign. | 不然捷豹就和无名小卒无异 |
[02:06] | Well, then we have nothing to worry about. | 那我们就没什么好担心的了 |
[02:08] | The dealership on the ground floor of the corporate offices | 麦迪逊大道办公大楼底层的经销商 |
[02:11] | on Madison has done very well | 光是把那辆XK-E放在门口 |
[02:13] | just having that XK-E in the entrance. | 就已经足够吸引眼球了 |
[02:15] | You have to be excited about this car. | 你要是见到了肯定会被迷住 |
[02:16] | Oh, it’s a red-hot number. I’m excited about that. | 确实是很抢眼的一辆车 我是很喜欢 |
[02:20] | But I’m a hard man to please. | 但要取悦我绝非易事 |
[02:22] | I always feel like someone should go the extra mile. | 我总觉得事情可以做得更尽善尽美 |
[02:25] | We’re open to anything your heart desires. | 只有您想不到 没有我们做不到 |
[02:28] | Well, the other day, | 就那天 |
[02:30] | when we were all touring your offices, | 我们一同参观你们办公室时 |
[02:33] | our guide was a dynamite redhead. | 带我们的是一个红发的妙龄女子 |
[02:36] | Joan Harris. | 琼·哈里斯 |
[02:37] | Built like a B-52. | 身材跟B-52轰炸机一般劲爆 |
[02:39] | Yeah, we know who you’re talking about. | 是啊 大家都是那样想的 |
[02:41] | Well, I sure would like | 我个人很希望 |
[02:42] | the opportunity to get to know her better. | 有机会与她增进了解 |
[02:44] | Well, a lot of guys would. But, you know, she’s… | 大把大把的男人都想呢 但她… |
[02:46] | She’s a very interesting girl. | 她是一个很有意思的姑娘 |
[02:49] | She’s one of these free spirits? | 她也是那种崇尚自由的姑娘吗 |
[02:51] | You know, open to ideas? | 思想开放 乐于尝试 |
[02:54] | So you like redheads? I think I know some. | 你爱红发妞吗 我倒是认识些 |
[02:57] | I like that redhead. | 我独爱那红发妞 |
[02:59] | And I think she and I would both | 我相信她与我一样 |
[03:02] | welcome the opportunity to spend a night together. | 都很乐意找个机会共度良宵的 |
[03:05] | Well, you could ask her out. It wouldn’t be a conflict. | 那您可以直接约她 公事私事不影响 |
[03:09] | No, I’m kind of shy. | 算了 我有点害羞 |
[03:13] | All I’m saying is, if it happens, it would make me happy. | 总而言之 要是能成 我肯定会很开心 |
[03:15] | If it doesn’t, well, no guarantees in life, right? | 要是不成 人生不顺心十有八九 是吧 |
[03:21] | Get another round. I’ll get it. | 再喝一轮 我来买单 |
[03:23] | Absolutely not. | 怎敢劳您破费 |
[03:27] | Was that what I think it was? | 是我想的那层意思吗 |
[03:28] | Yes, it was. | 正是 |
[03:30] | Why didn’t you just let me tell him she was married? | 你干嘛不让我直接告诉他琼已经结婚了 |
[03:32] | Because so is he. And he already knows that. | 因为他也已婚 并且他早就知道了 |
[03:36] | Well, we wanted to be in the car business. | 谁让我们想打入汽车广告市场呢 |
[03:45] | – You waited up. – No. | -还在等我呢 -不 |
[03:47] | I mean, yes. | 我是说 是的 |
[03:49] | I’m going in to read tomorrow for a really good part. | 我明天要去试演一个特棒的角色 |
[03:52] | An audition? Why didn’t you call? | 试镜吗 怎么不打电话告诉我 |
[03:55] | Honestly, because I had to go to 10th Avenue to get the script | 老实说 因为我得去第十大道去拿剧本 |
[03:57] | and then I went and talked to Fanny, | 然后又跟芬妮聊了一会儿 |
[03:59] | you know, who teaches my auditioning class. | 就是我试镜课的老师 |
[04:02] | You’re very good at auditions. | 试镜你很在行啊 |
[04:04] | Not as good as the girls who get parts. | 但没好到足以拿到角色 |
[04:08] | You know what? Let’s talk about your day. | 光顾着说我了 你今天怎么样 |
[04:10] | Well, I was gonna watch Carson and cry myself to sleep. | 我想看会儿《卡森》 然后在悲泣中入眠 |
[04:14] | It’ll come to you. | 灵感总会降临的 |
[04:15] | It always does. | 总是如此 |
[04:17] | Unless it comes to you. | 除非它先去垂青你了 |
[04:19] | Do you really want help or do to yell at me? | 你是来求助的还是来发火的 |
[04:21] | I don’t know yet. | 我还真说不好 |
[04:24] | What’s the strategy? | 广告策略是怎样的 |
[04:27] | A Jaguar is beautiful, | 捷豹车外表华丽 |
[04:29] | but unreliable. | 但却不大靠谱 |
[04:30] | It comes with a tool kit the size of a typewriter. | 附带的工具箱有打字机那么大 |
[04:32] | You basically have to own another car to go places. | 真要出行 恐怕需要一辆备用的车 |
[04:34] | So we’re saying it’s your gorgeous mistress. | 所以我们把它定位为一个迷人的情妇 |
[04:38] | So a wife is like a Buick in the garage. | 所以妻子就像车库里的别克 |
[04:42] | We’re trying to make a weakness into a strength. | 我们得把劣势转化为优势 |
[04:44] | We’re selling to men. | 主要目标群体是男人 |
[04:45] | No, I got it. | 不 我懂的 |
[04:48] | Doesn’t being a mistress make the car immoral? | 说成是情妇不会让这车显得不道德吗 |
[04:51] | The word mistress won’t be in the ad. | 情妇这词不会用进广告 |
[04:55] | I don’t know, but it sounds great. | 我说不好 但听起来不错 |
[05:01] | I need to learn some of this. | 我得去准备这个了 |
[05:10] | You’re here early. | 你今天来得真早 |
[05:11] | What can I do for you? | 有什么需要效劳的吗 |
[05:14] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[05:16] | Nothing, it’s just I got some bad news last night, | 没事儿 只是我昨晚听到些坏消息 |
[05:19] | and I was hoping you’d help me deliver it. | 希望你能帮我传达出去 |
[05:22] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[05:23] | Well, we were having dinner with Herb Rennet. | 我们和赫布·雷尼特一起吃晚饭 |
[05:26] | I think you met him the other day, from Jaguar. | 你应该见过他 捷豹派来的 |
[05:29] | Handsome guy. | 长得很帅气 |
[05:30] | I don’t remember any of them. | 我谁都不记得 |
[05:32] | Well, I don’t know what to do. | 我也不知道该怎么办才好 |
[05:34] | He basically pledged he wasn’t going to back us. | 他基本确定不会支持我们 |
[05:37] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[05:38] | Turns out he wanted something we’re not prepared to give. | 因为他想要的我们做不到 |
[05:41] | Something very unorthodox. | 一些难以启齿的东西 |
[05:43] | – Good morning. – Yes? | -早上好 -怎么了 |
[05:45] | I’m here. I’m going to get Danish. | 我来了 我去买酥皮饼 |
[05:49] | What does he want? | 他到底想要什么 |
[05:53] | I feel like I shouldn’t even bring this up. | 我觉得我根本不该跟你说 |
[05:57] | In fact, I don’t know how to bring this up. | 其实我也不知道要怎么说 |
[05:59] | But we’re going to lose Jaguar. | 但我们会失去捷豹 |
[06:01] | Unless an arrangement is made, and | 除非我们和他做个交易 |
[06:04] | it involves you and, well, Herb. | 涉及到你 还有 赫布 |
[06:11] | How did that come up? | 你们怎么谈到这茬的 |
[06:13] | He said he was crazy about you and then he just asked. | 他说他为你着迷 然后他就提出来了 |
[06:17] | And then I thought we were past it. | 我以为他只是随口一说 |
[06:19] | But right before we put him in a cab, | 但就在我们叫了辆出租车载他的时候 |
[06:21] | he said it again and it was quite conditional– | 他又提了一次 投票的条件就是 |
[06:25] | A night with you or no vote. | 跟你过一夜不然没门 |
[06:28] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that. | 听到这个我很遗憾 |
[06:30] | Anyway, if you can think of some way to break the news | 无论如何 如果你能想出个办法 |
[06:34] | to the company that we’re out of this, | 告诉公司我们出局了 |
[06:36] | I’d really appreciate it. | 我会很感激的 |
[06:38] | You’re unbelievable. | 你太不可理喻了 |
[06:40] | I’m married. | 我已经结婚了 |
[06:42] | How would you feel if someone asked Trudy? | 如果有人要跟特鲁迪过夜你会怎么想 |
[06:45] | I didn’t bring this up. He did. | 不是我提出来的 是他 |
[06:48] | If you’re not interested in the idea at all, | 如果你不想做这件事 |
[06:51] | I appreciate– | 我很欣赏 |
[06:54] | It’s just– | 只是 |
[06:55] | It seems to me that there’s something | 我觉得对我来说 |
[06:57] | that could be worth the sacrifice. | 有些事情是值得牺牲的 |
[06:59] | We’re talking about a night in your life. | 现在讨论的只是你人生中的一个夜晚 |
[07:01] | We’ve all had nights in our lives | 我们一生中都不知有过多少个夜晚 |
[07:03] | where we’ve made mistakes for free. | 一不小心犯错 甚至没有任何好处 |
[07:05] | You’re talking about prostitution. | 你说的是卖淫 |
[07:07] | I’m talking about business at a very high level. | 我是从一个很高的层次上谈生意 |
[07:11] | Do you consider Cleopatra a prostitute? | 你认为埃及艳后是妓女吗 |
[07:14] | Where do you get this stuff? | 你在扯什么呢 |
[07:16] | She was a queen. | 她是个女王 |
[07:18] | What would it take to make you a queen? | 让你变成女王要付出什么代价 |
[07:22] | I don’t think you could afford it. | 我觉得你恐怕付不起 |
[07:34] | This was an act of desperation. | 我这也是被逼急了 |
[07:36] | I hope I haven’t insulted you. | 希望我没有侮辱到你 |
[07:39] | That’s all that matters to me. | 那对我太重要了 |
[07:41] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[07:47] | Scarlett, we’re ready. | 斯嘉丽 我们准备好了 |
[07:49] | Now, we can’t get Ginsberg out for the call, | 但是我们没办法把金斯伯格叫过来 |
[07:50] | We want you to pretend you’re his junior. | 所以我要你假装成他的助理 |
[07:54] | – Partner? – Supervisor. | -搭档呢 -上司 |
[07:56] | I have Mr. Rick Swanson from Chevalier Blanc Cologne on speaker. | 来自白骑士古龙水的瑞克·斯旺森先生找您 |
[08:03] | Hi, Rick. It’s Kenny. | 你好 瑞克 我是肯尼 |
[08:04] | I’m here on a speaker with Harry Crane and Peggy Olson, | 哈里·克雷恩和佩奇·奥尔森也在 |
[08:07] | Mr. Ginsberg’s supervisor, | 她是金斯伯格的上司 |
[08:09] | and we want to know why you want to pull the ad. | 我们想知道你为什么想做个推进广告 |
[08:12] | – Hello, everyone. – Hi, Rick. | -大家好 -你好 瑞克 |
[08:14] | Hello. | 大家好 |
[08:15] | We’re very happy with the work. | 我们对广告挺满意的 |
[08:16] | But sales have leveled off since the holidays. | 但是假期以后销量下滑了 |
[08:19] | It’s Harry. And you know Valentine’s day is coming up. | 我是哈里 情人节快到了 |
[08:23] | A girl can’t get a guy flowers. | 女孩总不能也送男朋友花吧 |
[08:25] | Why would a woman buy a man anything for Valentine’s Day? | 女人在情人节何必给男友礼物 |
[08:30] | Rick, it’s Peggy. | 瑞克 我是佩奇 |
[08:32] | I think you’re right. | 我想你是对的 |
[08:34] | The target of “A Hard Day’s Night” was men, | “一夜狂欢”创意的目标是男人 |
[08:36] | but we can easily change that. | 但我们可以很容易改变现状的 |
[08:39] | How do you do that? | 那要怎么做 |
[08:45] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:47] | What if it’s our leather jacket hero | 如果我们身穿皮夹克的男主角 |
[08:49] | running down the street being chased by screaming girls. | 被一群尖叫着的姑娘追到大街上 |
[08:52] | And, instead of jumping into a bar, | 可他没有跑到酒吧里 |
[08:54] | he comes upon lady Godiva on a horse, | 而是碰到了骑在马上的戈黛娃夫人 |
[08:57] | as naked as we are allowed to make her? | 她几乎赤身裸体 如何 |
[09:02] | And he stops short, but she leans down | 他停下了脚步 而她俯下身子 |
[09:04] | and picks him up and puts him on the horse | 把他拉上了马 |
[09:07] | and rides away with him. | 和他一起飞奔而去 |
[09:11] | What’s the tagline? | 广告词是什么 |
[09:13] | It’s something about how, you know… | 就是关于 比如 这个 |
[09:17] | “The right woman loves Chevalier Blanc.” | “聪明的女人选择白骑士古龙水” |
[09:22] | So it’s exactly the same except for the ending? | 只有结局和原本的不同是吗 |
[09:25] | And maybe Paris instead of London. | 不如再把伦敦换成巴黎 |
[09:28] | Ooh-la-la. A French song. | 配上一首浪漫的法国歌曲 |
[09:38] | Close the door, please. | 请把门带上 |
[09:44] | Herb Rennet has demanded to spend a night with Joan. | 赫布·雷尼特要求与琼共度春宵 |
[09:47] | And I don’t mean dinner and dancing. | 我指的可不是单纯的吃饭跳舞 |
[09:52] | He just came right out and said that? | 他就这么直接提出来了吗 |
[09:55] | Who is he? | 那家伙是谁 |
[09:56] | He’s the head of the Dealers Association. | 他是交易商协会会长 |
[09:58] | And I hope you told him to take a long walk. | 但愿你跟他说了让他滚蛋 |
[10:00] | There’s three votes. We only need two. | 总共由三人决定 我们只需要其中两人同意 |
[10:02] | I thought about that. | 我也考虑到了 |
[10:03] | But all he has to do is | 但如果我们不答应他 |
[10:04] | say he can’t sell cars with our campaign, | 他只需说我们的广告不行 |
[10:06] | and neither marketing nor the factory will fight him. | 代理商和工厂都不会跟他对着干 |
[10:10] | – So? – So I brought up the subject with Joan. | -所以呢 -所以我把这件事告诉了琼 |
[10:13] | – You what? – Now, relax. | -你居然去找她 -放轻松 |
[10:16] | She seemed more amused than shocked. | 比起震惊 她看上去倒是更觉得可笑 |
[10:18] | And it’s my opinion, if we brought her the right amount… | 依我看 如果我们给她足够的钱… |
[10:20] | So you thought you’d have us in here | 所以你就把我们叫过来 |
[10:21] | for coffee and talk about this? | 边喝咖啡边讨论这事 是吗 |
[10:23] | What’s the problem if she’s amenable? | 她都不觉得有什么 又有何不可 |
[10:25] | She said she’d do it? | 她答应你了吗 |
[10:27] | She said we couldn’t afford it. | 她说只怕我们付不起 |
[10:33] | She has a husband in Vietnam and a baby at home. | 她丈夫在越南 家里还有个孩子 |
[10:36] | And the work will be good enough to win on its own. | 而且我们创意足够好 不用这些歪门邪道 |
[10:38] | Plus, it’s not a guarantee. | 再说他也没保证给我们投票 |
[10:40] | No, it’s not. | 对 是没 |
[10:42] | It’s a guarantee we won’t get it if we don’t. | 可如果我们不照做 就根本没门 |
[10:44] | You have some nerve to even ask her. | 你真是胆大包天居然去找她 |
[10:46] | That’s right. And you should be thanking me, | 没错 而且你还要因此感谢我 |
[10:49] | because we’ve come too far and are too close | 因为我们好不容易才走到这一步 |
[10:50] | to turning this place into what it should be. | 有机会把公司带上一个台阶 |
[10:54] | Now we’re going to walk away? | 而你们却想着要放弃 |
[10:56] | Over what? | 凭什么 |
[10:58] | He’s one guy and we can win it without him. End of discussion. | 他只占一票 没有他我们也能赢 讨论结束 |
[11:05] | Speaking of one guy, how does everyone else feel? | 唐也只占一票 在座的各位有何想法 |
[11:09] | I’d love to approach her with, say, | 我觉得给她 |
[11:11] | a 10% finders fee on the first year’s commission. | 第一年佣金的10%作为客户中介费比较适当 |
[11:14] | That’s $50,000. A flattering amount, | 一共是5万美元 很有吸引力的数字 |
[11:16] | which begs no negotiation. | 她一定会立马答应 |
[11:18] | I’m not going to stand in the way, | 我不想拦着你 |
[11:20] | but I am not paying for it. | 但这个钱我可不出 |
[11:23] | Not even with our Christmas bonuses? | 用我们的圣诞奖金也不行吗 |
[11:26] | Maybe Jaguar wasn’t meant to be, hmm? | 也许捷豹注定不是我们的 |
[11:29] | I say we take our bonuses and move on. | 奖金还是照常发 我们以后再努力吧 |
[11:33] | This is a car. | 这是汽车业务 |
[11:33] | You cannot put a dollar figure on its significance. | 其重要性无法用金钱衡量 |
[11:37] | Extend our credit line. | 那就提高公司的信用额度 |
[11:40] | Say it’s for Jaguar. | 就说是为了捷豹 |
[11:48] | Well, why don’t I | 不如让我 |
[11:51] | look into it to see what we can afford. | 研究一下看看我们能给她多少 |
[11:54] | So you may approach her in the morning | 这样明天早上你和她沟通的时候 |
[11:56] | with something definitive? | 手上会有些决定性的筹码 |
[12:00] | So, we’re 75% of this company. | 我们几个占了公司75%的股份 |
[12:04] | There’s no need to create | 所以来投个票 |
[12:04] | a conspiracy by having a vote, is there? | 也不算搞什么阴谋诡计 对吧 |
[12:07] | Don’t fool yourself. | 别自欺欺人了 |
[12:08] | This is a very dirty business. | 这是一笔无比肮脏的交易 |
[12:12] | Let her know she can still say no. | 告诉她现在拒绝还来得及 |
[12:33] | You know what? We’re not doing this mistress thing. | 这样吧 我们不走情妇路线了 |
[12:35] | It’s vulgar. We’re going back to racing heritage. | 太过于庸俗了 我们还是回到对速度的追求上 |
[12:38] | – Why? – People think writers horse around | -为什么 -人们觉得文案胡搞 |
[12:40] | because they’re coming up with ideas. | 是为了寻求好点子 |
[12:41] | But, actually, it’s because they’re horsing around. | 但实际上他们只是单纯地胡搞而已 |
[12:43] | Now knock off the grab-ass and give me some lines. | 我们现在不要浪费时间 想些广告词吧 |
[12:45] | And don’t try to reuse these. They do not apply. | 前面想的都作废 那些不适用 |
[12:55] | Hey, skipper. You got five seconds? | 老大 你能不能挤出5秒时间 |
[12:58] | Five seconds is not enough time to sit down. | 5秒就不要想坐下了 |
[13:01] | Good news. Chevalier Blanc wants to do a pull-out. | 好消息 白骑士公司想做个救急的活页广告 |
[13:04] | – Great. – Peggy was incredible. | -很好 -佩奇真了不起 |
[13:06] | She came up with this Lady Godiva bit on the spot. | 她当场提出了戈黛娃夫人的点子 |
[13:08] | But in the end, we’re doing the same ad as before, | 跟之前的差不多 除了结局有所变化 |
[13:10] | but in Paris. | 但地点换成了巴黎 |
[13:12] | The guy has a beret. | 男主角戴着贝雷帽 |
[13:14] | Bid it out. Ginsberg should be free by then. | 谈价钱去吧 金斯伯格到时候也有空了 |
[13:16] | Be nice to get him out here. | 让他来办肯定行 |
[13:18] | Ginsberg? I thought of this. | 为什么给金斯伯格 点子是我想的 |
[13:21] | It’s his account. | 那是他的客户 |
[13:22] | So I guess I’m not in charge of everything. | 所以我其实根本不算全权负责吧 |
[13:25] | Jesus, Peggy, you know what? | 天呐 佩奇 你知道吗 |
[13:27] | You want to go to Paris? Here. | 如果你想去巴黎 钱在这儿呢 |
[13:30] | Go to Paris. | 滚去巴黎吧 |
[13:52] | I’m not crying. | 我没哭 |
[13:55] | I didn’t think that. | 我没觉得你哭了 |
[13:57] | What, we’re all suddenly interested in each other’s lives? | 怎么 我们突然开始关心对方了吗 |
[14:00] | I know for a fact that Jaguar’s not going to happen. | 我知道我们根本没法赢得捷豹的竞标 |
[14:03] | And he probably does, too. | 唐或许心里也很清楚 |
[14:04] | – I don’t care. – I’ll get you to Paris. | -我不在乎 -我会让你去巴黎的 |
[14:07] | And if I don’t, we’ll both get out of here. | 如果我办不到 我们就一起离开这儿 |
[14:11] | You and your stupid pact. | 你还有你那愚蠢的约定 |
[14:13] | Save the fiction for your stories. | 还是把这些谎言留给你的小说吧 |
[14:28] | What can I do for you? | 有什么需要效劳的吗 |
[14:29] | May I? | 可以坐下说吗 |
[14:38] | Signing Jaguar would be disastrous | 与捷豹签约将会给公司的财务 |
[14:41] | for the financial health of this company. | 带来重重一击 |
[14:44] | You have to stop being afraid. | 你不能再畏首畏尾了 |
[14:46] | It would be a defining moment for our business. | 那将是我们公司历史性的一刻 |
[14:51] | We don’t want it that badly. | 我们也不是非拿到不可 |
[14:55] | – All right, get out. – It bears discussion. | -够了 出去 -此事值得商榷 |
[14:58] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. Now get out. | 我不知道你在说什么 马上给我出去 |
[15:01] | Well, I’m sorry that there was a discussion. | 很抱歉我们讨论了一下 |
[15:04] | But when a company is planning on spending $50,000, | 但如果公司打算出5万来办这事 |
[15:08] | there needs to be a discussion. | 那么就有必要讨论 |
[15:11] | You were all in there talking about it? | 你们居然还认真讨论了 |
[15:12] | Why does it matter if you have no intention of action? | 如果你没打算答应 有什么好在意的 |
[15:16] | I don’t want them to know I was asked. | 我不想他们知道有人对我提出这种要求 |
[15:20] | Roger Sterling participated in this discussion? | 罗杰·斯特林也参与了吗 |
[15:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:26] | He’s a partner. | 他是合伙人 |
[15:28] | If you’re against it, why did you tell me that number? | 如果你不同意 为什么还要告诉我数目 |
[15:31] | Sounds like a joke. | 听着真是可笑 |
[15:33] | Because that may be enough money to turn your head, | 因为那笔钱也许会让你改变主意 |
[15:37] | and I wanted a chance to discourage you. | 我只想试着阻止你罢了 |
[15:41] | It is a lot of money, Lane. | 那确实是一大笔钱 莱恩 |
[15:43] | It’s four times what I make in a year. | 是我年收入的4倍 |
[15:46] | I suppose you wouldn’t even be tempted. | 说得跟你不会动心一样 |
[15:49] | Well, if I were, | 就算我会 |
[15:53] | I would try to avoid the mistake | 我也会试着去避免 |
[15:55] | that I’ve made my entire life. | 我这辈子一直在犯的错误 |
[15:58] | Every time someone’s asked me what I wanted, | 每当有人问我想要什么 |
[16:01] | I’ve never told them the truth. | 我从没说过真话 |
[16:04] | And what would you want. | 那你想要什么 |
[16:06] | Three years ago, | 3年前 |
[16:08] | when I was essential to the future of this firm, | 当我对公司的未来还举足轻重的时候 |
[16:12] | I settled for much less than I needed. | 我和公司达成的条件远低于我的需求 |
[16:17] | The cash would only cripple the company | 要钱不光会给公司带来重创 |
[16:21] | and would do very little to change your future. | 而且对你的未来改善甚微 |
[16:24] | But a partnership | 但如果成为合伙人 |
[16:27] | yielding a 5% stake in the company itself… | 拿到公司5%的股份 |
[16:32] | could take care of a woman and a child for a lifetime. | 足够照顾一个女人和孩子一辈子了 |
[16:39] | Here I thought you were trying to stop this | 我还以为你是来阻止这一切发生的 |
[16:40] | because you have feelings for me. | 因为我觉得你喜欢我 |
[16:44] | That’s why I’m looking out for your interests over the company’s. | 所以我才把你的利益放在公司前面 |
[17:05] | “Good night, nobody. | “晚安 不在这里的人 |
[17:07] | Good night, mush. | 晚安 糊糊 |
[17:13] | And good night to the old lady whispering ‘hush.'” | 晚安 嘘声的老婆婆” |
[17:37] | How’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[17:38] | You want to help us out? Throw some taglines at the wall? | 想来帮忙吗 想几条广告语 |
[17:41] | How about, “Jaguar, it’s your problem, not mine.” | 这个怎么样 “捷豹汽车 不关我的事” |
[17:47] | May I speak with you? | 能出来一下吗 |
[17:53] | So that’s Megan. | 那就是梅根啊 |
[17:55] | Be careful what you say. We’re best friends. | 说话小心点 我是她好朋友 |
[18:00] | So you’re wearing your audition dress. | 你穿着试镜的衣服 |
[18:03] | What are you hoping I can do for you? | 有什么需要我效劳的吗 |
[18:05] | You noticed. | 你注意到了 |
[18:14] | I’ve only bad associations with letting you leave the house in that. | 你穿成这样出门 我可担心的很 |
[18:18] | There’s probably 20 girls. | 参加试镜的有20多个人 |
[18:20] | And Julia’s coming with me. | 茱莉亚要和我一起去 |
[18:22] | Plus, he’s a fairy. | 而且 面试官是个同性恋 |
[18:31] | So whatever this is, | 不管你是出于什么目的 |
[18:33] | it’s not for me. | 肯定不是为了我 |
[18:39] | I want to walk in there with confidence. | 我想为试镜增加点自信 |
[18:58] | I could be in a bikini | 我可以穿着比基尼 |
[19:00] | and you could paint my body with spots. | 你可以在我身上画斑点 |
[19:03] | “Jaguar, try to tame it.” | “捷豹汽车 来征服它吧” |
[19:04] | “Don’t try and tame it.” | “不要试图征服它” |
[19:06] | Here, kitty, kitty. | 来这边 小猫咪 |
[19:10] | So she just comes and goes as she pleases, huh? | 她想来就来 想走就走 |
[19:13] | Ginsberg. What? | 金斯伯格 说什么呢 |
[19:15] | Yeah, I got it. | 行 我知道 |
[19:31] | You can unplug that if you want. | 你想听 可以公放的 |
[19:33] | Aren’t I interrupting your routine without me? | 那我岂不是要打扰你了 |
[19:35] | Don’t be cranky. | 别发脾气 |
[19:38] | I was in a great mood when I left work. | 我下班的时候本来心情很好 |
[19:42] | Now I’m just exhausted. | 但是现在精疲力尽 |
[19:44] | So let’s go to bed. | 那就去睡吧 |
[19:47] | If and when we get Jaguar, | 如果我们拿下捷豹 |
[19:49] | I’m going to need an apartment in the city. | 我得在城里租间公寓 |
[19:51] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[19:52] | It’s an epic poem for me to get home. | 公司离家太远了 |
[19:56] | And you’re dressed for bed at dinner. | 你吃晚饭的时候 都穿着睡衣准备上床了 |
[19:59] | Peter. | 皮特 |
[20:00] | Let’s stop playing games. | 别绕弯子了 |
[20:02] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[20:04] | I’m tired of competing. | 我受够了 |
[20:05] | Your love affair with Manhattan is over. | 你的曼哈顿情结也该结束了 |
[20:08] | Well, how can you stand living out here in this cemetery? | 你怎么能忍受住在这种荒郊野岭 |
[20:12] | There’s nothing to do. | 这里什么都没有 |
[20:12] | There’s no good night noises anywhere. | 连属于夜晚的噪音都没有 |
[20:14] | Because I want to raise my child in the fresh air. | 因为我想让我的孩子呼吸到新鲜空气 |
[20:17] | And we should have another on the way. | 而且是时候再添一个了 |
[20:18] | I mean, it was a miracle the first time | 第一次都是个奇迹 |
[20:20] | and we’re not even trying. | 现在我们更该努力一下 |
[20:21] | I’m using all my energy putting my foot down. | 我想把道理跟你说清楚就已经耗尽精力了 |
[20:36] | It’s 8. Where were you? | 都8点了 你跑哪去了 |
[20:38] | What’s that smell? | 什么味道 |
[20:40] | The refrigerator is on the fritz. | 冰箱坏了 |
[20:42] | I had to take everything out. | 我只能把东西都拿出来 |
[20:44] | Did you call someone? | 找人来修了吗 |
[20:46] | His wife won’t let him come here anymore. | 他老婆不让他再过来了 |
[20:48] | I don’t want to talk about that. | 我不想谈这个 |
[20:49] | We can afford to have someone else | 我们完全可以 |
[20:51] | fix the refrigerator, for god’s sake. | 找另一个人来修 |
[20:53] | Why won’t anyone believe me? | 为什么没人相信我 |
[20:55] | Apolo and I are just friends. | 我和阿波罗只是朋友 |
[20:59] | You know what? | 不如这样 |
[21:00] | Just hire someone. Get a colored girl in here. | 雇个保姆得了 找个黑人小妞 |
[21:02] | They’re used to being bossed around. | 反正她们也被人使唤惯了 |
[21:06] | Do whatever you want. | 悉听尊便 |
[21:08] | And what are you doing? Drying up inside? | 那你呢 独自绝望 |
[21:12] | Because of what? Greg? I hate him. | 为谁消得人憔悴 格雷格 我恨死他了 |
[21:15] | I don’t want you talking that way around Kevin. | 我不准你在凯文面前这么说 |
[21:18] | He’s a baby. He doesn’t know | 他还是个小孩儿 他才不知道 |
[21:19] | that we all wish his father was dead. | 我们巴不得他爹早点死呢 |
[21:23] | Please, stop. | 求你了 别说了 |
[21:27] | Have you been drinking? | 你有喝酒的习惯吗 |
[21:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:31] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[21:43] | “Little Murders” called. Four of us got callbacks. | 《小谋杀案》那边打电话来 有4个人被召回剧组 |
[21:46] | I’m supposed to go meet the playwright tomorrow. | 我明天就去见编剧 |
[21:49] | That’s fantastic. | 太好了 |
[21:52] | – That’s a big deal. – I know. | -这可是大事 -我知道 |
[21:55] | You have to promise you’ll come visit every weekend. | 你可要每个周末来看我 |
[21:58] | You’re going to Broadway, not jail. | 你是去百老汇 又不是坐牢 |
[21:59] | No, rehearsal starts in Boston in 10 days. | 不是 10天后在波士顿开始彩排 |
[22:02] | Oh, forget it. I’m getting ahead of myself. | 算了 这话现在说太早了 |
[22:04] | Boston? | 去波士顿 |
[22:05] | Yeah, I think there’s eight weeks of rehearsals plus previews. | 对 彩排和预演一共大约8周 |
[22:12] | So you’re just gonna leave for three months? | 也就是说你要离开3个月 |
[22:14] | If they want me. | 如果能选上的话 |
[22:16] | Well, forget it. | 别做梦了 |
[22:20] | What do you think this is? | 你以为做演员是什么 |
[22:22] | You think I’m gonna be a singing waitress? | 做兼职服务员 |
[22:24] | Maybe put on a show in the laundry room? | 在三流剧场演出吗 |
[22:27] | I have to go to work. | 我要去上班了 |
[22:29] | You never thought about it | 你从来就没有想过这个事情 |
[22:30] | because you didn’t expect me to make it. | 因为你从没觉得我能做到 |
[22:34] | This is the way it works. Now you know. | 我告诉你干这行就得这样 认了吧 |
[22:39] | Just keep doing whatever the hell you want. | 你爱怎样就怎样吧 |
[22:46] | Please, come in. | 快 里面请 |
[22:53] | You didn’t have to make an appoint, you know. | 你不用预约就能来的 |
[22:56] | Yes, I did. | 不 我得预约 |
[22:59] | Tell them I want a partnership, | 告诉他们 我要当合伙人 |
[23:01] | Not silent, | 我要有发言权 |
[23:02] | comprising 5% of the business. | 并且掌握5%的股权 |
[23:06] | – Well… – There’s no negotiation. | -这个 -没有回旋的余地 |
[23:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:14] | I want documents by the end of the day. | 今天下班前我要见到书面文件 |
[23:17] | I don’t know if that’s possible. | 我不确定能不能做到 |
[23:19] | Well, I’m not guaranteeing results. | 那我就不保证结果怎样了 |
[23:21] | I don’t think he’ll have trouble performing. | 没事 他不会有障碍的 |
[23:23] | He’s quite ardent. | 他精力旺盛 |
[23:25] | I meant winning the besiness. | 我说的是能不能拿下这单生意 |
[23:27] | Yes, of course. | 对 当然 |
[23:30] | So, I have instructions, | 虽然我有所耳闻 |
[23:31] | but I don’t know how this works in a practical sense. | 但是我不知道怎么付诸实践 |
[23:35] | The presentation’s tomorrow, isn’t it? | 创意展示是明天 对吧 |
[23:38] | So I just call him | 那我就给他打个电话 |
[23:39] | and have him call you? | 让他打给你吗 |
[23:42] | Probably not. | 不对吧 |
[23:45] | Well, how do I– | 那我该怎么 |
[23:46] | Figure something out. | 自己研究去 |
[23:48] | Do I have to do all of it? | 难道什么都要我亲力亲为吗 |
[24:02] | Which one is he? | 哪个是他 |
[24:04] | He’s not bad. | 他还行 |
[24:07] | He’s doing this. | 他都做这勾当了 |
[24:15] | Come in. | 请进 |
[24:17] | I know I’m not a manager, but it’s very hard | 我知道我没资格指手画脚 但是 |
[24:18] | to get things done with you in another room. | 你在办公室闲着帮不了我们什么忙 |
[24:20] | Well, I obviously have the opposite feeling. | 我的想法跟你截然相反 |
[24:24] | Permission to talk freely? | 能容我直言吗 |
[24:26] | What? | 说吧 |
[24:28] | I know you forbid us from thinking about the mistress, | 我知道您让我们放弃情妇战略 |
[24:30] | but I kept imagining the asshole who’s gonna want this car. | 但是我总是觉得有资本买这种车的混蛋 |
[24:33] | now he’s probably already got a lot beautiful things. | 手上一定有了各种尤物了 |
[24:36] | Or maybe he thinks the car will help him get them. | 也许有人认为这车能帮自己搞到尤物 |
[24:39] | So I can go on? | 我能继续说吗 |
[24:42] | And one way or another, what he has isn’t enough. | 不管怎么说 得不到的永远在骚动 |
[24:46] | So no matter what, the first idea has got to be | 所以无论如何 我们最首要的观点必须是 |
[24:49] | finally, like, you’re getting what you wanted. | 你终于得到梦寐以求的一切了 |
[24:53] | The copy is still describing the car as another woman. | 创意仍旧是把那车比作一个女人 |
[24:57] | But a woman you can’t have, | 但她可望不可及 |
[25:00] | because they have all the qualities of a Jaguar– | 她有着捷豹的一切特点 |
[25:02] | good-looking, expensive, fast, | 美丽 昂贵 稍纵即逝 |
[25:05] | and, frankly, not practical. | 还有 说句实在话 只在梦中有 |
[25:08] | I’ve always been fine with all that. | 那些我向来没意见 |
[25:10] | But what’s the line? | 那广告词怎么写 |
[25:14] | “Jaguar, at last, something beautiful you can truly own.” | “捷豹汽车 您终于可以拥有的尤物” |
[25:29] | So he threw the money in your face? | 他就把钱甩到你脸上了 |
[25:33] | I don’t even want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这件事情 |
[25:37] | I’ve never had more responsibility. | 我还没承担过这么大的责任呢 |
[25:39] | I’m on everything but Jaguar. | 除了捷豹广告案 我什么都要管 |
[25:41] | I worked on Plymouth at N.W.Ayer. | 我在阿耶尔兄弟公司做过普利茅斯汽车的创意 |
[25:44] | Car guys are a bunch of creeps. | 捣鼓车的人都是帮疯子 |
[25:46] | They’re all a bunch of creeps. | 全都是疯子 |
[25:48] | Could I get some more coffee? | 能再来杯咖啡吗 |
[25:52] | I can never tell, ballerina, | 我真的看不懂你 |
[25:54] | if you’re ambitious or you just like to complain. | 你究竟是志向高远还是牢骚多 |
[25:57] | Why can’t it be both? | 可能两者皆有呢 |
[25:59] | Well, if this was about work and not feelings, | 如果我们只谈工作 不讲情感 |
[26:03] | You’d make a move. | 别犹豫了 |
[26:05] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[26:07] | I could take a couple of meetings | 我可以去参加几个面试 |
[26:09] | and then get an offer and throw that in Don’s face. | 然后拿着人家的录用书甩唐一脸 |
[26:12] | Or you can do what everybody else does– | 或者你也可以像别人一样 |
[26:15] | have a bunch of meetings, pick a place and leave. | 到处面试 找好下家 然后走人 |
[26:18] | Don’t think I haven’t thought about it. | 别以为我没这么想过 |
[26:20] | Well, you’d get to find out if you could shine elsewhere. | 你得试试你这颗金子 在别的地方还能不能闪光 |
[26:25] | And I know you can. | 我知道你行的 |
[26:27] | And you’d let him know | 你要让他知道 |
[26:28] | that you’re not some secretary from brooklyn | 你不再是布鲁克林来的小秘书 |
[26:31] | who’s dying to help out. | 一心想摆脱困境 |
[26:37] | I don’t know if I can do that. | 我不知道自己能否做到 |
[26:39] | Sure you could. | 你当然可以 |
[26:41] | You could hire a headhunter | 你可以找家猎头公司 |
[26:44] | Or you could buy a friend a piece of pie. | 或是请我吃一顿 我帮你介绍 |
[26:50] | Of course, if you do move, you can’t complain | 当然 你要真跳槽了 到时就别怪我 |
[26:53] | if I gave Draper a call on my own behalf. | 给唐打电话毛遂自荐了 |
[26:56] | What if don finds out you helped me? | 那要是唐发现你帮我跳槽怎么办 |
[26:58] | Don’s a big boy. | 唐是成年人了 |
[26:59] | If he was having this conversation with you | 如果现在是他在这儿跟你聊天 |
[27:01] | and he wasn’t the subject of it, | 讨论的又是与他无关的事 |
[27:03] | he’d tell you to leave in a second. | 他也会和我说一样的话 |
[27:14] | I’ve seen the campaign | 我看过策划了 |
[27:15] | and it’s something I couldn’t have imagined, | 超乎想象的好 |
[27:17] | Yet exactly what I expected. | 也正是我要的效果 |
[27:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:21] | And I want you to present in the fullest confidence. | 希望你能拿出十二分的信心做展示 |
[27:24] | I think it’s a winner. | 我觉得我们这次赢定了 |
[27:25] | Well, all I wanted to say | 我只想说 |
[27:28] | was we’ve removed all other impediments. | 我们已经排除了一切障碍 |
[27:31] | But you do know no matter what else goes on, | 但你应该知道 不管有没有潜规则 |
[27:33] | It’s the creative that’s going to win this. | 有创意才是大赢家 |
[27:38] | Close the door. | 把门关上 |
[27:41] | It was four to zero. | 全票通过 |
[27:43] | You abstained in absentia. | 你弃权了 |
[27:46] | The conversation doesn’t end just because you leave the room. | 我们的讨论并没有因为你离开而终结 |
[27:49] | What did you promise her? | 你答应她什么条件了 |
[27:51] | A 5% stake as a voting partner. | 5%公司股权 以及合伙人身份 |
[27:54] | Dawn could you buzz Mrs. Harris? | 唐恩 能叫下哈里斯夫人吗 |
[27:56] | She’s not here. | 她不在 |
[27:58] | Actually, Dawn, could you get my things? | 唐恩 帮我收拾下东西 |
[28:02] | Yes, you should be well rested. | 的确 你应该好好休息 |
[28:06] | I don’t want it like this. | 我不想发生这样的事 |
[28:10] | It was her idea. | 是她的主意 |
[28:18] | Hello. | 你好 |
[28:19] | Hello. I’m Don Draper. | 你好 我是唐·德雷柏 |
[28:20] | I work with Joan. Is she in? | 琼的同事 她在吗 |
[28:22] | Yes, of course. Please come in. | 在的 请进 |
[28:30] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:40] | She’ll be right with you. | 她马上就来 |
[28:42] | – I should take your coat. – I won’t be long. | -我帮你把外套挂起来 -我不会久留 |
[28:49] | Well, I will leave you two alone. | 我就不打扰二位了 |
[28:56] | I’m really sorry to bother you if this is a bad time. | 如果我来的不是时候 很抱歉打扰了 |
[28:59] | Well, I was just stepping into the shower, | 我正要去淋浴 |
[29:01] | But how can I help you? | 找我有什么事吗 |
[29:03] | I wanted to tell you it’s not worth it. | 我想告诉你这么做不值得 |
[29:07] | And if we don’t get Jaguar, so what? | 我们拿不下捷豹又如何 |
[29:10] | Who wants to be in business with people like that? | 谁想跟那种人渣做生意 |
[29:19] | I was told everyone was on board. | 我听说你们都赞成我这样做 |
[29:23] | I said no and they voted when I left the room. | 我反对 但他们在我离开后投票决定了 |
[29:29] | You’re a good one, aren’t you? | 你是个好人 对吗 |
[29:32] | So you understand what I’m saying? | 你明白我在说什么吗 |
[29:36] | Yes, I do. | 我明白 |
[29:40] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[29:42] | And thank you. | 谢谢关心 |
[29:44] | So you have a nice night. And I’m gonna go prepare. | 祝你今晚愉快 我要回去做准备了 |
[29:58] | Say good night to your friend. | 替我向你朋友道声晚安 |
[29:59] | Good luck tomorrow. | 祝你明天顺利 |
[30:20] | You must get tired of hearing what a beautiful thing this car is. | 对车的赞美之语 你们已经听得耳朵生老茧了吧 |
[30:24] | But I’ve met a lot of beautiful women in my life. | 但我一生中遇到过许多美丽的女人 |
[30:26] | And despite their protestations, | 尽管她们矢口否认 |
[30:29] | they never tire of hearing it. | 但赞美之语她们却从来听不厌 |
[30:32] | But when deep beauty is encountered, | 但是无与伦比的美 |
[30:36] | it arouses deep emotions. | 会诱发深切的情感 |
[30:39] | Because it creates a desire, | 因为它会使人产生欲望 |
[30:43] | because it is, by nature, unattainable. | 因为那种美可望不可即 |
[30:46] | You look radiant, Joan. | 你真是美艳动人 琼 |
[30:48] | May I call you Joan? I’m Herb, by the way. | 我能叫你琼吗 顺便做下自我介绍 我是赫布 |
[30:51] | Well, I should hope so. | 我猜到了 |
[30:53] | We’re taught to think that function is all that matters. | 世人认为车的性能才是最重要的 |
[30:57] | But we have a natural longing | 但是我们对另一种东西 |
[31:00] | for this other thing. | 却有着本能的渴望 |
[31:02] | Oh, I got you a little something. | 我给你带了件小礼物 |
[31:12] | I thought a woman with your complexion | 我觉得如此冰肌如雪的女人 |
[31:14] | would look good in emerald. | 戴上翡翠一定很美 |
[31:17] | When I was driving the E-type, | 当我开着捷豹的E型号 |
[31:19] | I passed a 10-year-old boy | 从一辆旅行车旁边驶过 |
[31:20] | in the back window of a station wagon | 我发现坐在后车窗边的10岁男孩儿 |
[31:21] | and I watched his eyes follow. | 正目不转睛地目送我远去 |
[31:23] | He’d just seen something he would want | 他刚刚看到了他此生 |
[31:26] | for the rest of his life. | 梦寐以求的东西 |
[31:29] | I feel like a sultan of Araby, | 我感觉自己就像阿拉伯酋长 |
[31:30] | and my tent is graced with Helen of Troy. | 寒舍因特洛伊的海伦到来而蓬荜生辉 |
[31:35] | Those are two different stories. | 这两个风马牛不相及 |
[31:37] | He’d just seen that unattainable object | 他刚刚看到了可望不可即的东西 |
[31:39] | speed by just out of reach. | 一闪而过 抓都抓不住 |
[31:42] | Because they do that, don’t they? | 因为那本就如此 不是吗 |
[31:45] | Beautiful things. | 美好的事物稍纵即逝 |
[31:48] | You know, I don’t know how much longer I can restrain myself. | 我不知道自己还能克制多久 |
[31:53] | Let me see ’em. | 让我开开眼界吧 |
[32:17] | Then I thought about a man of some means | 然后我想到一个有身份有品位的男人 |
[32:18] | reading “Playboy” Or “Esquire” | 在看《花花公子》或《时尚先生》杂志 |
[32:21] | And flipping past the flesh | 在香艳模特的肉欲图片中 |
[32:24] | to the shiny painted curves of this car. | 翻到此车的玲珑精致的彩照 |
[32:28] | There was no effort to stop his eye. | 轻易就让他为之注目 |
[32:31] | The difference is he can have a Jaguar. | 不同之处在于 他可以真正拥有一辆捷豹 |
[32:38] | Well, thank you for a wonderful time. | 谢谢你赐予我美妙春宵一场 |
[32:42] | You’re a hell of a gal. | 你真是美艳尤物 |
[32:46] | Oh, this car, this thing, gentlemen, | 此车 此情 先生们 |
[32:52] | What price would we pay? | 我们将出价多少 |
[32:53] | What behavior would we forgive? | 不懂欣赏此车 真是无法原谅的大罪 |
[32:58] | If they weren’t pretty, if they weren’t temperamental, | 如果它们不是如此美丽 如此真性情 |
[33:01] | if they weren’t beyond our reach | 如果它们不是那样高高在上 |
[33:03] | and a little out of our control, | 又稍稍超越我们的掌控 |
[33:05] | would we love them like we do? | 我们还会如此这般迷恋吗 |
[33:09] | “Jaguar, | “捷豹汽车 |
[33:11] | at last something beautiful you can truly own.” | 您终于可以拥有的尤物” |
[33:30] | What? | 怎么了 |
[33:32] | Mr. Draper is here to see you. | 德雷柏先生来见你 |
[33:34] | Why’d you tell him I was here? | 你为什么告诉他我在家 |
[33:36] | He’s your boss. You should see him. | 他是你老板 你该见见他 |
[33:53] | Well, I will leave you two alone. | 我就不打扰二位了 |
[34:00] | I’m really sorry to bother you if this is a bad time. | 如果我来的不是时候 很抱歉打扰了 |
[34:03] | Well, I was just stepping into the shower, | 我正要去淋浴 |
[34:05] | but how can I help you? | 找我有什么事吗 |
[34:07] | I wanted to tell you it’s not worth it. | 我想告诉你这么做不值得 |
[34:11] | And if we don’t get Jaguar, so what? | 我们拿不下捷豹又如何 |
[34:13] | Who wants to be in business with people like that? | 谁想跟那种人渣做生意 |
[34:24] | How’d it go? | 结果怎么样 |
[34:25] | We’ll see. | 拭目以待 |
[34:27] | It was one of his good ones. | 刚刚是他个人最出色表现之一 |
[34:31] | Come have a drink? | 要一起喝一杯吗 |
[34:32] | Maybe later. | 晚些时候吧 |
[34:49] | Where are you from? | 你是哪里人 |
[34:51] | New York. | 纽约 |
[34:55] | Turn around, please. | 请转身 |
[34:58] | Could you step forward, sweetheart, and turn around, please? | 你能走近点吗 亲爱的 然后再转过身去 |
[35:16] | You know, I would have taken you anywhere. | 我可以带你去其他好地方用餐的 |
[35:17] | Well, no one comes in here. The food’s too bad. | 没人愿意来这 食物太差劲了 |
[35:20] | We’re not actually gonna eat here, are we? | 我们不是真要在这里吃 对吧 |
[35:23] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[35:24] | Freddy Rumson says you are. | 弗雷迪·拉姆森说你很饿了 |
[35:26] | And so does Tom Vogel. | 汤姆·沃科也那么说 |
[35:28] | You know we have Clearasil. | 克利拉思广告现在是我们在做 |
[35:29] | In fact, he sung your praises | 实际上 他对你满是赞美之词 |
[35:32] | while he was yelling at me that the work wasn’t as good anymore. | 却对我怒吼 说我们的广告做的远不如从前 |
[35:36] | That was my first account. | 那是我负责的第一个客户 |
[35:39] | Everybody else is gonna want to know if you are married | 别人或许都会想问你是否已婚 |
[35:42] | or planning on having a baby. | 是否打算要个孩子 |
[35:44] | And then they’re gonna want to know how much you want to be paid. | 然后再问你期待得到的薪水是多少 |
[35:46] | But all I want to know is, | 但我只想知道 |
[35:49] | you must have heard some pretty terrible things | 你一定从唐·德雷柏口中听过 |
[35:51] | about me from Don Draper’s mouth. | 很多诋毁我的话 |
[35:54] | But why would you want to play for the other team? | 你为何想为竞争对手效力呢 |
[35:57] | It’s not a game. | 这不是游戏 |
[35:59] | It’s my career. | 而是我的事业 |
[36:01] | Look, I need a writer. | 听着 我需要一个文案 |
[36:04] | They don’t have to be like me, but… | 倒也不需要像我一样出色 但是 |
[36:06] | Do you know anything about Ralph Waldo Emerson? | 你知道拉尔夫·沃多·爱默生吗 |
[36:11] | From school. | 读书时有所了解 |
[36:13] | He said that you have to be a transparent eyeball. | 他说人必须像一颗透明的眼球 |
[36:17] | What he meant was, you have to take in the world | 他的意思是 你必须胸怀整个大千世界 |
[36:19] | and pass it through you. | 领悟其真谛渊源 |
[36:20] | I am tired of people who treat this like math. | 我烦透了那些将之视作刻板数学定理的人 |
[36:24] | I looked at your book and I saw somebody | 我看到你的作品集 却发现 |
[36:27] | Who was writing like every product was for them. | 每支文案都独树一帜 配合得天衣无缝 |
[36:31] | No cliches, no homilies, no formula. | 没有陈词滥调 没有训诫说教 没有刻板形式 |
[36:36] | Well, I had a lot of help. | 那是因为有别人的帮助 |
[36:39] | Everybody does. | 谁都会借助于他人 |
[36:42] | So I lied to you. | 所以我对你撒了谎 |
[36:45] | What do you want to get paid? | 你期待的薪水是多少 |
[36:56] | Freddy told you to do this? | 弗雷迪教你这样做的吗 |
[37:09] | You already know you want to go. | 你很清楚自己想离职 |
[37:11] | You know how much you’ll do it for. | 也清楚自己要寻求多高的薪水 |
[37:15] | And you didn’t make me wait. | 你没有让我等 |
[37:17] | I’m going do you the same favor. | 我也将以同样的方式回报你 |
[37:31] | If this is your last meeting. | 条件是你必须立刻做出决定 |
[37:38] | I think I need a chocolate shake. | 我想我需要一杯巧克力奶昔 |
[37:42] | First day of work ends with you and me at La Caravelle. | 第一天工作结束我请你吃饭 |
[37:50] | – You’re here. – I’m here. | -你回来了 -我回来了 |
[37:57] | How’d it go? | 试镜怎么样 |
[38:08] | How did yours go? | 你工作怎么样 |
[38:10] | We’re waiting to hear. | 依然在等结果 |
[38:12] | I bet you were great. | 我想你一定表现得很出色 |
[38:15] | I bet you were, too. | 我觉得你也一样 |
[38:18] | The difference is I want you to get it. | 不同之处在于我真心希望你成功 |
[38:20] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[38:21] | Well, you get to disappear for work whenever you want. | 一旦工作有需要 我可以让你立即赶去做 |
[38:24] | And if I have to choose between you and that, | 但如果让我在你和我的工作之间选择 |
[38:29] | I’ll choose you. | 我会选择你 |
[38:31] | But I’ll hate you for it. | 但我会因此而恨你 |
[38:36] | You know I don’t want you to fail. | 你知道我并不希望你失败 |
[38:38] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:40] | Because I’m not going to. | 因为我不会失败的 |
[38:48] | Don’t run away like that. | 别再像那样就跑掉 |
[39:04] | Good morning, Mr. Draper. | 早上好 德雷柏先生 |
[39:07] | Miss Olson wants to see you. | 奥尔森小姐想见你 |
[39:09] | Peggy, come on in. | 佩奇 进来吧 |
[39:15] | – D’Arcy’s out. – Says who? | -达美高广告公司出局了 -谁说的 |
[39:17] | Arthur’s girl told me on the Q.T. | 亚瑟的秘书悄悄告诉我的 |
[39:19] | She said he was in his office crying. | 她说他在办公室里痛哭 |
[39:21] | Jaguar is calling the president of every agency. | 捷豹正在给每个公司的总裁打电话 |
[39:23] | Dancer just got a big “No, thanks.” | 盛世长城广告公司刚被拒绝了 |
[39:25] | D’Arcy is out, too. | 达美高公司也出局了 |
[39:31] | Get the partners in my office and wait for further instructions. | 让所有合伙人 来我办公室待命 |
[39:40] | Roger Sterling’s office. | 罗杰·斯特林的办公室 |
[39:43] | I want all the partners here. | 我要所有合伙人都来 |
[39:44] | You can’t leave him on hold. | 别让客户在线等 |
[39:46] | Where’s Pete? | 皮特人呢 |
[39:49] | Just answer it. | 接吧 |
[39:56] | Hello? Hugh, how are you this morning? | 你好 休 今早可好 |
[39:59] | I’m glad to hear that. We like him, too. | 很高兴知道这个消息 我们也喜欢他 |
[40:04] | – Well, that is terrific news. – Bravo. | -真是天大的好消息 -太好了 |
[40:07] | – Spectacular. – Great. | -干得漂亮 -很好 |
[40:09] | We’ll be over this afternoon to kiss the bride. | 我们今天下午会去和你们见面 |
[40:13] | He said it wasn’t even close. | 他说我们的创意遥遥领先 |
[40:21] | Well, congratulations to everyone. | 恭喜各位 |
[40:23] | We got to get champagne. | 我们一定要拿香槟庆祝 |
[40:24] | I promise you they’re opening it right now. | 我保证他们已经在开香槟了 |
[40:26] | Before everybody’s too drunk, I need a list of names. | 在大家喝醉之前 我需要一份名单 |
[40:29] | I promised them we’d staff up immediately | 我向捷豹保证过我们将立刻组织人手 |
[40:31] | and we’re going over there today. | 今天去拜访他们 |
[40:32] | Can’t we wait to see what the scope of the campaign will be? | 我们不能先估计一下预算吗 |
[40:35] | Is this about the bonuses again? | 你是不是还在想奖金 |
[40:38] | There are no bonuses this year. | 今年没有奖金 |
[40:41] | Now, next year. | 明年吧 |
[40:47] | Joan, shall we address the men? | 琼 我们去告诉大家这个好消息吧 |
[41:11] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[41:13] | You wanna talk to me? | 你有话跟我说 |
[41:15] | You’re not busy? | 你不忙吗 |
[41:19] | I’m not in the mood. | 我没那个心情 |
[41:21] | You really have no idea when things are good, do you? | 你还真是分不清事情好坏 |
[41:37] | I swear, I don’t really need to talk right now. | 真的 我们不必现在就谈 |
[41:40] | Drink with me. | 和我喝一杯 |
[41:46] | I have to talk about something kind of serious. | 我要说件严肃的事情 |
[41:51] | I can’t put a girl on Jaguar. | 我不能让女士参与捷豹广告 |
[41:55] | These car guys… | 那些汽车公司的人… |
[41:57] | I just can’t. | 我真的不行 |
[41:59] | – But, you know– – It’s not that. | -但是… -不是那件事 |
[42:02] | Is this about Joan being made partner? | 是因为琼成为了合伙人吗 |
[42:05] | What? | 什么 |
[42:06] | The circumstances… | 那是形势所致 |
[42:09] | She’s been with us 13 years. | 她和我们共事13年了 |
[42:22] | I want you to know that | 我希望你知道 |
[42:26] | the day you saw something in me… | 从你发掘我天赋的那一天起 |
[42:30] | my whole life changed. | 我的一生都为之改变 |
[42:33] | And since then, it’s been my privilege | 从那时起 我很荣幸 |
[42:38] | to not only be at your side, | 不仅能与你并肩工作 |
[42:39] | but to be treated like a protegee | 还能成为你的学徒 |
[42:43] | and for you to be my mentor | 由你指导我 |
[42:46] | and my champion. | 保护我 |
[42:52] | But? | 但是 |
[42:53] | But… | 但是 |
[42:56] | I think I reached a point | 我觉得是时候 |
[42:58] | where it’s time for me to have a new experience. | 开启人生新篇章了 |
[43:02] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[43:04] | I’m giving my notice. | 我将递上辞呈 |
[43:06] | I’ve accepted another offer. | 我已接受了另一份工作 |
[43:10] | Are you done? | 说完了吗 |
[43:12] | I’m giving the customary two weeks. | 我按照惯例提前两周知会你 |
[43:14] | My last day will be the third. | 我将在下月三号离开 |
[43:17] | – And don’t think– – Hold on. | -不要觉得… -等等 |
[43:23] | It’s been crazy around here | 最近很忙 |
[43:24] | and I know I’ve been taking you for granted. | 我知道我无视你的付出 |
[43:26] | And, frankly, I’m impressed. | 老实说 你很出色 |
[43:30] | You finally picked the right moment to ask for a raise. | 你终于在对的时间要求加薪了 |
[43:34] | It’s time for me to move on. | 我要向前看了 |
[43:37] | Come on. | 得了吧 |
[43:39] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[43:46] | You’re serious? | 你是认真的 |
[43:48] | It wasn’t easy. | 这是个艰难的决定 |
[43:50] | Oh, I’m sure it wasn’t. | 当然非常”艰难” |
[43:54] | Well, good for you. Where are you going? | 这对你是好事 你准备去哪儿 |
[43:57] | Cutler, Gleason & Chaough. | C.G.C广告公司 |
[44:03] | Perfect. | 真”好” |
[44:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:10] | Well, let’s pretend I’m not responsible | 让我们假装我不是 |
[44:13] | for every single good thing that’s ever happened to you, | 造就你命运转折的贵人 |
[44:17] | and you tell me the number or make one up | 你说个金额或想个价位 |
[44:21] | and I’ll beat it. | 我会满足你的 |
[44:22] | There’s no number. | 不是钱的问题 |
[44:24] | There’s no number? | 不是钱的问题吗 |
[44:26] | How long do you want to play this out? | 别演了 见好就收吧 |
[44:28] | I’m sorry, | 对不起 |
[44:29] | but you know this is what you would do. | 但要是你也会这么做的 |
[44:38] | You don’t need to wait until the third. | 你不用等到三号 |
[44:41] | I’ve got a room full freelancers out there. | 兼职文案多得是 |
[44:44] | I’ll get by. | 不缺你一个 |
[44:49] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[45:18] | Don’t be a stranger. | 常联系 别生疏了 |