时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | Here we go. | 来了 |
[00:42] | The one with the fur. | 带毛的那件是我的 |
[00:44] | You know, I might just take you up on those theater tickets. | 你说的戏票我挺有兴趣 |
[00:47] | – You must see “Hair.” – Oh, you like that? | -你一定要看《毛发》 -你喜欢那片吗 |
[00:49] | – Who doesn’t? – What is it? | -谁不喜欢 -那片有什么特殊之处吗 |
[00:52] | Oh, it’s just filled with profanity, | 都是些亵渎的台词 |
[00:54] | marijuana smoking, and simulated sexual acts. | 大麻和假性爱之类的 |
[00:57] | Simulated? | 假的吗 |
[00:59] | And a few songs. | 还有些音乐啦 |
[01:01] | The two holiday chairmanships that remain | 仅剩的两项节日活动是 |
[01:03] | are the 4th of July block party, | 国庆日的街区舞会 |
[01:05] | which really consists of calling the fire department, | 主要活动就是报火警 |
[01:07] | or the Labor Day Soap Box Derby, | 和劳动节肥皂箱车赛 |
[01:09] | which consists of calling the hospital. | 主要活动就是叫救护车 |
[01:11] | Which one do you do? | 那你参加哪项活动 |
[01:13] | Our family has claimed the Easter egg hunt. | 我们家参加了寻找复活节彩蛋活动 |
[01:16] | Do you dress as a bunny? | 你打扮成兔女郎吗 |
[01:18] | Maybe a little cottontail? | 或许拖一个小棉球尾巴 |
[01:21] | It’s very wholesome. | 那可是很有益于身心健康的 |
[01:25] | I’d like to surprise Doug for his birthday. | 我想给道格一个生日惊喜 |
[01:28] | Maybe you could get me the tickets in secret. | 你悄悄把票给我吧 |
[01:31] | Arrangements could be made. | 我可以帮你安排的 |
[01:32] | Just pick a date and ring me up. | 找个时间给我打电话 |
[01:36] | I have to warn you, I’m from a small town | 我得警告你 我可是小乡镇来的 |
[01:38] | and all of my forays into Manhattan have been a disaster. | 每次偷偷来曼哈顿都麻烦不断 |
[01:42] | We’ll make a deal. | 我们做个约定吧 |
[01:43] | Brave your way to Grand Central | 你敢自己到大中央车站 |
[01:45] | and I’ll hand off the tickets and throw in a hot dog. | 我就把票给你 外加一份热狗 |
[01:47] | You have another one of those? | 你还有票吗 |
[01:49] | But you’ve already seen “Hair.” | 你不是已经看过《毛发》了吗 |
[01:51] | Maybe I want to see it again. | 说不定我想再看一次呢 |
[01:58] | Oh, there you are. | 你们在那儿呢 |
[02:01] | Gentlemen, it’s been a pleasure. | 先生们 感谢你们的光临 |
[02:03] | Thank you both for your hospitality. | 感谢二位的盛情款待 |
[02:05] | – Thank you again. – It was lovely. | -再次感谢 -今晚非常愉快 |
[02:10] | Consider what I said about the pool. | 考虑一下我关于泳池的建议 |
[02:18] | That is the end of the welcome wagon. | 欢迎仪式终于结束了 |
[02:22] | We’ll basically have to move | 我们差不多得搬家 |
[02:23] | to get someone to make dinner for us. | 才能让人为我们做晚餐 |
[02:26] | What was that about the pool? | 泳池是怎么回事儿 |
[02:28] | He’s insistent we all go skinny-dipping. | 他非要叫我们一起去裸泳 |
[02:32] | Let him get his own pool. | 让他自己挖个泳池去吧 |
[02:33] | Turn it off. | 关掉吧 |
[02:45] | I need to put it in the mail today and the tailor. | 我今天得付邮费和裁缝的钱 |
[02:47] | Sylvia, sweetheart– | 希维娅 亲爱的 |
[02:51] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[02:53] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[02:56] | – Honey. – Oh, I’m sorry. | -亲爱的 -抱歉 |
[02:59] | I’ll swing by the bank at lunch. | 我午餐时间会去趟银行 |
[03:11] | I give her cash every month, | 我每个月给她钱 |
[03:12] | but I think she’s secretly sending it all to our kid. | 但我觉得她都偷偷寄给我们的孩子了 |
[03:15] | You don’t have to explain anything. | 你不必跟我解释任何事的 |
[03:18] | You’re lucky your wife works. | 你真幸运 你妻子有工作 |
[03:20] | She doesn’t earn much. | 她挣不了多少 |
[03:21] | Not yet. | 暂时而已 |
[03:26] | I forgot my cigarettes. | 我忘带烟了 |
[03:30] | You got to stop that nonsense. | 你得把那玩意儿戒了 |
[03:33] | Listen, don’t worry about dinner Wednesday. | 听着 别担心周三的晚宴 |
[03:35] | We’ll have money by then. | 我们到时候就有钱了 |
[03:38] | Looking forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[03:59] | I knew it’d be you. | 我就知道是你 |
[04:11] | It wasn’t all bad. | 那也不全是坏事 |
[04:13] | I got me some memories. | 我至少拥有一些美好的回忆 |
[04:14] | And the boy. | 还有这小子 |
[04:16] | Don’t know what it is yet. | 现在还不知道是男是女呢 |
[04:18] | I mean Dick here. | 我是说迪克啦 |
[04:19] | Well, hello there. | 你们好啊 |
[04:22] | This is Mack. | 这是马克 |
[04:23] | He’s with me, so he’s your uncle. | 他跟我在一起 也就是你的姨夫 |
[04:25] | We thank the Lord for opening your rooms to us. | 感谢上帝 让你们肯收留我们 |
[04:28] | All I said was, | 我只说了一句 |
[04:30] | “My sister’s coming with her boy.” | “我姐姐要跟她儿子一起过来” |
[04:32] | Mack’s the one that brung ya. | 马克就答应让你们来了 |
[04:33] | I’d do the same for mine. | 我也会为我姐姐这样做的 |
[04:35] | And, of course, Ernestine told you | 艾妮丝丁肯定跟你说过 |
[04:37] | we could always use a little help around here. | 我们这里一直需要一些帮手 |
[04:42] | Let’s get you off your feet. | 你们快歇歇吧 |
[04:44] | Dick, you help Mack with the bags. | 迪克 快帮马克提行李 |
[04:49] | You keep your eyes down and mind your own business here. | 你别到处乱望 管好自己的事儿 |
[04:56] | Good-looking kid. He yours? | 那孩子长得真帅 是你的种吗 |
[04:59] | Not that I know. | 据我所知不是 |
[05:01] | Little boy, find your own sins. | 小伙子 找自己的女人去 |
[05:04] | Stay away from Mack’s. | 别碰马克的女人 |
[05:08] | Afternoon, Charlotte. | 下午好 夏洛特 |
[05:13] | Hey, kid, you were raised on a farm, am I right? | 小子 你是在农场长大的吗 |
[05:16] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[05:18] | Well, I’m the rooster around here, understand? | 我可是这里的公鸡 明白吗 |
[05:21] | You help all the hens? | 你帮助所有母鸡授精吗 |
[05:23] | And I’ll bring on the day. | 我的啼叫带来崭新的一天 |
[05:38] | I feel bad. | 我感觉很愧疚 |
[05:40] | You should. I have to go to work. | 那很正常 我得去上班 |
[05:42] | You get to sleep. | 而你可以接着睡 |
[05:43] | No, about dinner. | 不 我是说关于晚宴 |
[05:53] | I thought there was no smoking. | 我还以为不能烟抽呢 |
[05:55] | I just found out the maid smokes. | 我刚发现女仆是抽烟的 |
[06:04] | She doesn’t sleep in here, does she? | 她不在这里睡吧 |
[06:11] | You don’t mind sitting across the table | 你不介意和我丈夫 |
[06:13] | from your wife and my husband? | 以及你妻子坐在一张桌上吃饭吗 |
[06:15] | I don’t think about it. | 我不会去想这个问题 |
[06:18] | They’re both good company. | 他们都是很好的伴侣 |
[06:22] | They are. | 是啊 |
[06:24] | I suppose that has nothing to do with this. | 我猜 那跟我们这样在一起没什么关系吧 |
[06:29] | This didn’t happen. | 这事 并没有真的发生 |
[06:34] | Just in here. | 只是想象罢了 |
[06:38] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:43] | I only said yes because Arnold wants to impress you. | 我答应是因为阿诺德想给你留个好印象 |
[06:46] | I only said yes because Megan keeps asking. | 我答应是因为梅根老是求我 |
[06:48] | – She likes you. – And I like her. | -她很喜欢你 -我也喜欢她 |
[07:02] | It’s 9:00. I have to go. | 9点了 我得走了 |
[07:05] | You love to go. | 你巴不得离开 |
[07:12] | Well, it’s nice to know that no matter what | 其实 今天挺愉快的 不管怎样 |
[07:16] | we got something done today. | 我们总算完成了些事情 |
[07:27] | You found it in the cookie jar. | 就说你在饼干罐里找到的 |
[07:31] | I have money, I just never have money. | 我有钱 只是手头上总是不够用 |
[07:42] | Mr. Mathis and Mr. Gifford are waiting outside. | 马西斯和吉福德先生正在外面等候 |
[07:44] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么不告诉我 |
[07:49] | Because they don’t want to come in. | 因为他们不想进来 |
[07:51] | Look, Phyllis, I’ve had their job. | 听着 菲丽丝 我做过他们的工作 |
[07:54] | I know. And you’ve had my job, too. | 我知道 你也做过我的工作 |
[07:56] | So you know it wouldn’t hurt if you were to act like– | 所以你很清楚 如果你能表现得更… |
[08:00] | if you were as encouraging to them as you are to me. | 如果你能像鼓励我那样鼓励他们 |
[08:05] | Why don’t you just get me whatever book you read | 你不如直接告诉我你看的是哪本书吧 |
[08:06] | and save me these little lectures? | 省得在这儿长篇大论了 |
[08:08] | More coffee? | 还要咖啡吗 |
[08:13] | She’s ready for you. | 你们可以进去了 |
[08:18] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[08:21] | No, don’t. | 不 别真坐 |
[08:24] | What’s wrong with them? | 那些文案有什么问题吗 |
[08:25] | The strategy is Clearasil stops blemishes | 方案定的是要阐明克利拉思能够去除那些 |
[08:28] | that keep you from having fun. | 让你无法感受快乐的脸部瑕疵 |
[08:29] | That means no one should be having fun. | 那意味着 所有人都不该感受到快乐 |
[08:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:33] | So we’ll just start over. | 我们会重新做的 |
[08:37] | Just a minute. | 等等 |
[08:42] | I don’t want you to think that just because | 我希望你们不要误认为 |
[08:44] | I have high standards | 我的要求很高 |
[08:46] | that means I’m not happy with you. | 就代表我对你们不满意 |
[08:49] | Especially, you know, the way you are. | 特别是 你们真实的自我 |
[08:55] | The way you are has nothing to do | 你们是什么样的人 |
[08:56] | with the fact that the work needs work. | 和工作需要继续改进没什么关系 |
[09:01] | Thank you, Coach. We’ll try our best. | 谢谢你 老板 我们会努力做到最好 |
[09:04] | There you go. | 加油干吧 |
[09:20] | Please, dear, don’t linger in the hallway. | 亲爱的 请别站在走廊里 |
[09:28] | Your coat? | 把大衣脱掉吧 |
[09:37] | Can I get you something to eat? | 你想吃点什么吗 |
[09:38] | I think I have some peanuts and some cheese crackers. | 我这里有花生和芝士饼干 |
[09:41] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[09:43] | Perhaps something to drink? | 那要喝点儿什么吗 |
[09:45] | I have bourbon, vodka, | 波旁威士忌 伏特加 |
[09:48] | gin, champagne. | 杜松子酒或是香槟 |
[09:50] | I shouldn’t. I started on the train. | 我不能再喝了 在火车上喝了不少 |
[09:53] | What kind of music do you like? | 那你喜欢听什么音乐 |
[09:55] | None for me. | 都不喜欢 |
[10:01] | Is the temperature okay? | 温度还合适吗 |
[10:04] | Yes. | 合适 |
[10:09] | It’s been known to get hot. | 天气要变热了 |
[10:12] | I’m fine. | 没关系 |
[10:15] | That’s a pretty shade of lipstick. | 你的口红颜色很漂亮 |
[10:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:25] | I’m glad you came. | 真高兴你能来 |
[10:47] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[10:58] | DDB managed to get me on the 50-yard line | 恒美广告公司给我弄到一张 |
[11:00] | for the Giants game last November. | 去年11月巨人队比赛的中场票 |
[11:02] | If we’d done it, the Steelers would have won. | 如果我们当时这样做 钢人队就能赢了 |
[11:05] | We’d do anything to make you happy. | 我们会不惜一切让你满意的 |
[11:07] | I’m not unhappy with DDB. | 我并非对恒美不满意 |
[11:09] | No notes. | 别做记录 |
[11:11] | When I presented the numbers for my division, | 当我的部门交出业绩数据时 |
[11:14] | Timmy came up to me and said, | 蒂米出现在我面前惊叹道 |
[11:16] | “How the hell did you do that?” | 你究竟是怎么做到的 |
[11:18] | So I figured he’s in town, | 我想既然他这次进城了 |
[11:20] | why not take him to the horse’s mouth? | 我何不把他介绍给各位广告大师认识 |
[11:23] | The past few years, | 过去几年中 |
[11:24] | I’ve overseen ketchup to great success. | 我实现了番茄酱销售的巨大成功 |
[11:27] | But how long before we’re old news? | 但我们能保持多久呢 |
[11:29] | And, hell, when I saw baked beans have a sales spike like that… | 当我看见烘焙豆销量突增 |
[11:33] | Raymond has demanded our best work. | 雷蒙德要求我们拿出做好的作品 |
[11:35] | So then the question is what can we do for you? | 现在的问题是 我们能为你做些什么呢 |
[11:38] | What can we do for ketchup? | 我们能为番茄酱做些什么呢 |
[11:41] | Let me know. | 你来告诉我 |
[11:46] | A pleasure to meet you, Timmy. | 很高兴见到你 蒂米 |
[11:48] | This isn’t an official visit. | 此次并非是正式会面 |
[11:49] | I’m just dropping by. | 我只是顺道拜访而已 |
[11:51] | Ken, Don and I have a little beans housekeeping, | 肯 唐和我有点关于豆子的小事要商量 |
[11:54] | if you don’t mind. | 你先替我们送送吧 |
[11:55] | I’d love to walk you out. | 我很乐意送您出去 |
[12:01] | Raymond, we’re grateful for this opportunity | 雷蒙德 我们很感激你介绍我们认识 |
[12:03] | and consider it quite a vote of confidence. | 这也体现出你对我们的极大信心 |
[12:06] | It is, but I don’t want you to waste your time. | 是的 但我不希望你们浪费时间 |
[12:10] | Well, then if nothing else, we appreciate the introduction. | 不管怎么样 我们很感激你的引荐 |
[12:13] | I’m not winking here. | 我不是在暗示什么 |
[12:15] | There is to be no further communication | 你们以后不要和蒂米 |
[12:17] | with Timmy or his division. | 或他的部门再有进一步的往来 |
[12:19] | I’m sorry, Raymond. | 抱歉 雷蒙德 |
[12:20] | Did we do something to upset you? | 是我们做了什么惹你生气了吗 |
[12:22] | You guys are doing a bang-up job. | 你们的工作做得无可挑剔 |
[12:24] | And now that polished Polack wants the same. | 现在那个油头粉面的波兰佬想效仿我们 |
[12:27] | I’ll take that drink. | 给我倒杯酒 |
[12:29] | No one has paid attention to me in nine years at the company. | 九年来公司里没人瞧得上我 |
[12:33] | They gave me a suicide mission. | 他们分配我去做毫无活路的任务 |
[12:34] | Vinegar, sauces, and baked beans. | 醋 酱料 还有烘豆 |
[12:37] | And then in my moment of triumph, he comes up to me | 结果在我的胜利时刻 他却跑了过来 |
[12:40] | and he didn’t say, “How did you do that?” | 说得不是”你是怎么做到的” |
[12:42] | He said, “How did you do that?” | 他说的是 “就凭你是怎么做到的” |
[12:44] | Smug bastard. | 那个自以为是的混蛋 |
[12:46] | I taught him everything he knows. | 他所知的一切都是我教的 |
[12:48] | – We understand, Raymond. – No, forget it. | -我们理解 雷蒙德 -不要 算了 |
[12:51] | I know ketchup’s the gold standard, | 我知道番茄酱是香饽饽 |
[12:53] | but after all we’ve been through, | 但鉴于我们曾经相濡以沫的交情 |
[12:54] | I’m sure I don’t need to tell you | 我相信不需要我来告诉你们 |
[12:56] | that if you so much as send him a ham at Christmas, | 哪怕你们在圣诞节给他送去一片火腿 |
[13:02] | I’d rather retire | 我宁愿退休 |
[13:03] | than watch that guy screw my girlfriend. | 也不愿见到我的”爱人”被他染指 |
[13:07] | – Let me walk you out. – No. | -我送你出去吧 -不必了 |
[13:09] | If he lingered at all, | 如果他还逗留在此 |
[13:11] | I’m gonna pretend I’m on my way to the men’s room. | 我就装作是要去上厕所 |
[13:17] | I’m sorry. What a waste of time. | 我很抱歉 真是浪费大家的时间 |
[13:20] | I don’t know. We met Timmy. | 我觉得也不算吧 我们好歹认识了蒂米 |
[13:21] | He’s certainly going places. | 他显然是个成功的大人物 |
[13:23] | Raymond’s so weak. | 雷蒙德太弱了 |
[13:24] | But he brought his business here | 但当年我们难以立足时 |
[13:26] | when we were barely standing. | 他把业务交给了我们做 |
[13:28] | It’s Heinz Ketchup, Don. | 那可是亨氏的番茄酱 唐 |
[13:30] | It’s the Coca-Cola of condiments. | 那简直是调味品中的可口可乐巨星 |
[13:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:34] | But sometimes you’ve got to dance with the one that brung ya. | 但有时 你得坚守最初带你走向成功的人 |
[13:41] | I’m afraid that’s the end of your toilet paper. | 我觉得你的厕纸刚刚全部用完了 |
[13:45] | This place could really use a woman’s touch. | 这地方真需要个女人来帮忙收拾 |
[13:47] | You think so? | 你这么认为吗 |
[13:49] | I might come to town Friday. | 我周五可能来市里 |
[13:51] | There’s always a sale at Macy’s. | 梅西百货周五大减价 |
[13:54] | We’ll see. | 再看吧 |
[13:56] | Okay, I’ll call you. | 好吧 我打给你 |
[13:59] | If I let the phone ring once and hang up, | 如果电话响一声 然后挂断了 |
[14:01] | then you’ll know it’s me. | 你就知道是我打的 |
[14:03] | Don’t do that. | 别那么做 |
[14:04] | Well, I’m going to park my car | 我去把我的车 |
[14:07] | in front of the driveway instead of in the driveway. | 停在车道前 而不是停在车道上 |
[14:09] | Then you’ll know I’m thinking of you. | 那你就可以知道我在想你 |
[14:17] | That’s sweet. | 那很有爱 |
[14:19] | I really have to get back. | 我真得赶回公司去了 |
[14:20] | Can you move it along a little? | 你能提前一点走吗 |
[14:25] | You told me you were washing these by hand. | 你之前告诉我你是手洗的 |
[14:27] | – No wonder the elastic is shot. – I forgot. | -难怪一点弹性都没有了 -我忘了 |
[14:30] | And you forgot you left the vacuum on the terrace. | 你还忘了把吸尘器丢在阳台上了 |
[14:32] | I was changing the bag. | 我当时在换垃圾袋 |
[14:33] | And you forgot not to use S.O.S on the Teflon. | 你也忘了我说过不要用清洁剂擦不粘锅 |
[14:36] | I mean, I leave for work every day | 我每天都要出去工作 |
[14:38] | and I wonder what you’re going to ruin in my house. | 心里却在担心 你把我的家毁成什么样了 |
[14:40] | I’m so sorry, Mrs. Draper. | 我真的很抱歉 德雷柏太太 |
[14:46] | I don’t know how to do this, but you’re fired. | 我不知道怎么说才好 但你被解雇了 |
[14:51] | I’ll get my things. | 我去拿我的东西 |
[14:58] | – I’m sorry. – No. | -我很抱歉 -没关系 |
[14:59] | I am. I walked in on it | 我才觉得抱歉 我进来撞见了 |
[15:01] | and then I didn’t want to pretend. | 我不想假装没看到 |
[15:06] | Are you okay, honey? | 你还好吧 亲爱的 |
[15:08] | No. | 不好 |
[15:16] | Come on. Let’s go upstairs. | 来吧 我们上楼去 |
[15:17] | I don’t want to go up until she is gone. | 我想等她走了再上去 |
[15:19] | Let her alone with your silverware? | 你就不怕她偷走你的银器吗 |
[15:21] | So after weeks, | 所以几周之后 |
[15:23] | I finally show him the picture of my mother. | 我终于给他看了我母亲的照片 |
[15:26] | but that’s not enough | 但那还不算完 |
[15:27] | because her name’s been change in the will. | 因为在遗嘱中 她的名字被变更了 |
[15:31] | That is quite a story line. | 那真是条精彩的故事线 |
[15:33] | Well, you asked. | 是你要我剧透的 |
[15:35] | – It’s meaty, isn’t it? – It is. | -很耐人寻味 不是吗 -是啊 |
[15:38] | I just wish watching TV during the day | 我只希望大白天看电视 |
[15:40] | didn’t make me feel so guilty. | 不会让我觉得如此愧疚 |
[15:46] | I had a miscarriage. | 我流产了 |
[15:48] | All right. I will watch. | 好吧 我会收看的 |
[15:52] | No, in real life. | 不 在现实生活中 |
[15:56] | Two days ago. | 就在两天前 |
[16:03] | I’m so sorry to hear that. | 我真的很遗憾 |
[16:05] | I’m sorry. I shouldn’t burden you with this. | 我很抱歉 我不该让你为我的事烦忧 |
[16:08] | No, you obviously need to talk. | 不 你很显然需要说出来 |
[16:12] | I was sloppy in Hawaii– | 我在夏威夷玩得很放肆 |
[16:17] | the time difference, vacation. | 时差 假期 |
[16:22] | Now I feel so guilty. | 现在我觉得好愧疚 |
[16:26] | May I? | 我能抽根烟吗 |
[16:29] | What do you have to feel guilty about? | 你有什么好愧疚的 |
[16:38] | What did Don say? | 唐怎么说 |
[16:41] | I didn’t tell him. | 我还没告诉他 |
[16:44] | It’s been a hard couple of weeks. | 最近这几周我们过得很不顺 |
[16:49] | I don’t know why. | 我不知道是为什么 |
[16:52] | I mean, I do. | 其实 我知道 |
[16:56] | You were raised the same way I was. | 你从小受到的教育跟我一样 |
[17:00] | I keep hearing Sister Eugenie in my head. | 我脑海里总能听到尤金妮娅修女的声音 |
[17:04] | I’m such a horrible person. | 我真是个糟糕的人 |
[17:09] | You’re not a horrible person. | 你不是个糟糕的人 |
[17:12] | No, I am. | 不 我是的 |
[17:16] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[17:18] | to be pregnant now | 我竟然怀孕了 |
[17:21] | at this moment? | 在现在这种时候 |
[17:24] | I didn’t know what I wanted to do | 我之前都不知道该怎么做 |
[17:26] | and I was so relieved that I didn’t have to do anything. | 后来我什么都不用做 感觉松了一大口气 |
[17:32] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[17:34] | Has this ever happened to you? | 你遇到过这种事吗 |
[17:38] | About a year after I had Mitchell. | 我生完米奇一年后就那样了 |
[17:43] | So I certainly understand some of what you’re feeling. | 所以我真的很理解你现在的一些感受 |
[17:48] | But the rest of it, | 但是剩余的部分 |
[17:52] | no. | 不懂 |
[17:54] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:57] | Because I was raised the same way, | 因为我从小受到的教育也是一样的 |
[17:59] | so I would never even consider that my decision. | 所以我根本不会考虑那样做 |
[18:04] | You really believe that? | 你真的相信是这样吗 |
[18:06] | I do. | 我信 |
[18:08] | And I think you do, too, | 我觉得你也信 |
[18:11] | or you wouldn’t feel this way. | 不然你就不会这么觉得了 |
[18:16] | I just feel so shitty. | 我只是感觉糟透了 |
[18:20] | I’m sorry I brought it up. | 我很抱歉我提起了这事 |
[18:30] | Hello. | 亲爱的 |
[18:32] | Hello. | 亲爱的 |
[18:34] | – Sylvia’s here. – I see that. | -希维娅来了 -我看到了 |
[18:36] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:47] | I should be going. | 我该走了 |
[18:49] | You don’t have to rush off. | 你没必要这么急着走的 |
[18:52] | Have a drink. | 来喝一杯吧 |
[18:53] | No, I’ll leave you two alone. | 不 我就不打扰你们夫妻二人了 |
[19:01] | I fired the maid today. | 我今天把女仆解雇了 |
[19:03] | Good riddance. | 总算打发走了 |
[19:04] | Good night, both of you. | 晚安 你们两个 |
[19:06] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[19:08] | – Excuse me? – For dinner. | -你说什么 -晚餐的时候 |
[19:11] | Oh, of course. | 当然了 |
[19:13] | Yes. | 好的 |
[19:31] | So send her in. | 让她进来吧 |
[19:33] | Sorry to bother you, but this was on my desk. | 很抱歉打扰你 但我在桌上看到了这个 |
[19:36] | Is it new? | 这是新的吗 |
[19:37] | There’s usually a memo for everything around here. | 这里通常任何东西都会有个备忘录 |
[19:39] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[19:40] | It’s Quest. | 是卫私特 |
[19:41] | Feminine hygiene powder. | 女性卫生清洁粉 |
[19:45] | Did I miss a meeting? | 我错过什么会议了吗 |
[19:46] | “Proof points– | 证明点 |
[19:48] | has baking soda, | 内含小苏打 |
[19:49] | makes you nicer if you’re stinky, | 如果你身上有异味 让你散发芳香 |
[19:51] | kills overly critical bacteria.” | 杀灭有害细菌 |
[19:57] | “Target– professional women | 目标群体 职业女性 |
[19:58] | and other Olsons.” | 和其他像奥尔森一样的女性 |
[20:01] | Just give it to me. | 给我吧 |
[20:03] | Calm down. | 冷静 |
[20:04] | I think this is somebody’s idea of a joke. | 我觉得这是谁在开玩笑罢了 |
[20:06] | Of course, when you want them to be funny | 是啊 当你想让他们把幽默用在工作上 |
[20:07] | they’re useless. | 他们又一无是处 |
[20:14] | Hello, gorgeous. | 你好啊 美女 |
[20:20] | Hello, Herb. | 你好 赫布 |
[20:23] | Did you get all gussied up for me? | 你是为我才精心打扮的吗 |
[20:25] | No. | 不是 |
[20:26] | I had no idea you’d be darkening my doorway. | 我不知道你会到我这儿来碍事 |
[20:30] | When are you gonna come out to the lot? | 你打算什么时候去我们的停车场地 |
[20:32] | I told you, | 我告诉过你 |
[20:33] | I’ll let you have a Jaguar for as long as you like. | 你什么时候想要辆捷豹车 去取就行 |
[20:35] | I take the bus. | 我乘公车就好 |
[20:37] | I know there’s a part of you that’s glad to see me. | 我知道你内心有一部分是很开心见到我的 |
[20:40] | And I know there’s a part of you | 我也知道 你身上有些部分 |
[20:42] | you haven’t seen in years. | 你自己都多年没见到过了 |
[20:44] | Herb! There you are. | 赫布 你在这儿啊 |
[20:46] | How are you today? | 你今天感觉怎么样 |
[20:48] | Toodle-oo. | 再见 |
[20:55] | Mrs. Harris is here to see you. | 哈里斯太太要求见您 |
[20:57] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[21:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:23] | – Who are you? – I’m Bob Benson. | -你是谁 -我是鲍勃·本森 |
[21:24] | We’ve met before. I’m part of the team. | 我们之前见过 我也是团队的一份子 |
[21:28] | Doesn’t the elevator go up to this floor? | 电梯不能直达这一层吗 |
[21:31] | Herb. | 赫布 |
[21:34] | What brings you by? | 什么风把你吹来了 |
[21:35] | I had some thoughts, | 我有一些想法 |
[21:36] | the complexity of which could not be expressed over a telephone. | 比较复杂 无法在电话上说清楚 |
[21:39] | What is it you want? | 你有什么新想法 |
[21:41] | Well, you guys are gonna make | 你们会制作一些 |
[21:43] | some fancy-schmancy Michelangelo TV spot | 华丽的艺术大师级的电视广告 |
[21:45] | and the dealers are gonna foot most of the bill for running it. | 而经销商会支付播放这些广告的大部分费用 |
[21:48] | That’s how it works. | 运行机制确实如此 |
[21:49] | I’m the only guy actually out there selling hamburgers | 而我是在现实中唯一抛头露面卖”汉堡”的人 |
[21:52] | and I want people to know | 而我希望人们知道 |
[21:54] | there’s a hamburger store in Englewood, | 在恩格伍德就有他们想要的汉堡店 |
[21:56] | not England or in your mind. | 不是在英国 或你的脑海中 |
[21:58] | I don’t want another thing | 我不希望出现的情况就是 |
[21:59] | with some shmuck sitting on his lawn mower | 某个蠢货坐在割草机上 |
[22:01] | fantasizing that he’s gonna | 幻想自己可以驾着捷豹车 |
[22:03] | win the Grand Prix driving a Jaguar. | 赢得国际长途汽车大奖赛 |
[22:05] | I need foot traffic. | 我需要的是客流量 |
[22:07] | Get ’em in the door so I can move metal. | 吸引顾客进门 好让我卖出车 |
[22:09] | Well, you, along with the factory guys, | 你 和工厂的那些大领导 |
[22:12] | have already signed off on the work as well as the buy. | 已经签字认可了我们的作品和购买的广告位 |
[22:15] | I just think there should be retail radio as well. | 我只是觉得也该有零售广播类的广告 |
[22:18] | You know? “Does your car sound like this?” | 就是 你的车能发出这样的声音吗 |
[22:22] | “Does your wife sound like this?” | 你妻子会说出这样的话吗 |
[22:24] | “Ooh, I love your car.” | “噢 我好爱你的车” |
[22:26] | And then you say the phone number twice. | 然后你就把销售电话报两遍 |
[22:29] | Wonderful. | 非常好 |
[22:30] | We’d love to increase the exposure of the campaign. | 我们很乐意增加广告投放量 |
[22:33] | How much more would you like to buy? | 你希望再购买多少广告位 |
[22:35] | There’s no increase. Just adjust the proportions. | 不是增加 只是调整一下比例 |
[22:39] | I think we should spend 60% of the money | 我觉得我们应该把60%的资金 |
[22:40] | on local dealership ads instead of national. | 用于宣传本地经销店 而非全国性广告 |
[22:44] | Herb, that would really take a bite out of the national campaign. | 赫布 那就会严重损害全国性广告 |
[22:48] | Well, if you say so. | 你非要这么说也行 |
[22:50] | Unfortunately, it’s not up to me, | 不幸的是 决定权不在我手上 |
[22:52] | so I am suggesting | 所以我的意思就是 |
[22:54] | that you recommend this plan to all of us. | 你们向我们推荐这样的方案 |
[22:57] | Why don’t you recommend it? It’s your idea. | 你为什么不推荐 这毕竟是你的想法 |
[23:00] | Because it’s an idea you had yourself. | 因为你要假装这是你们自己想出来的 |
[23:05] | And Lord knows you’re so damn persuasive. | 上帝都知道你是很能说服人的 |
[23:08] | We understand, Herb. | 我们明白 赫布 |
[23:11] | See how easy that was, Bob? | 瞧这有多简单了吧 鲍勃 |
[23:16] | Bob, why don’t you show me the sights? | 鲍勃 你不如带我参观一下吧 |
[23:19] | You must be like a kid in a candy store around here. | 你在这里一定像是小孩进了糖果店一般好奇吧 |
[23:27] | You can’t shake his hand? | 你都不跟他握手吗 |
[23:29] | He didn’t seem interested. | 他根本没兴趣跟我握手 |
[23:30] | In fact, the only thing he seemed interested in | 实际上 他唯一感兴趣的 |
[23:32] | was gutting our national campaign. | 就是消减我们的全国性广告 |
[23:33] | You do realize that defeats the purpose of having Jaguar? | 你意识到那跟我们争取捷豹的意图相违背了吗 |
[23:36] | So he’s demanding and unreasonable. | 他要求众多 且不合理 |
[23:38] | How does that make him different | 他这跟走进公司大门的 |
[23:39] | from the other people who walk through that door? | 其他客户也没什么不同啊 |
[23:42] | I wish you would handle the clients | 我希望你应付客户时 |
[23:43] | as well as you’re handling me. | 也能像现在应付我这样巧舌如簧 |
[23:53] | Jimmy’s Condom Warehouse | 欢迎致电吉米的安全套仓库 |
[23:54] | where the rubber meets the road. | 关键时刻 值得”性”赖 |
[23:55] | Jimmy speaking. | 我是吉米 |
[23:57] | You want a drink? | 你想喝一杯吗 |
[23:58] | No, thank you. I’m quite comfortable. | 不用了 谢谢 我现在挺爽的 |
[24:02] | How was your day, honey? | 你今天过得怎么样 亲爱的 |
[24:06] | Okay. | 还行 |
[24:07] | Okay? What happened to Shangri-La? | 还行 你平时的乐观哪去了 |
[24:11] | Chaough quit crapping out snow cones? | 赵不再花言巧语哄着你了吗 |
[24:14] | Everyone hates me here. | 这边所有人都讨厌我 |
[24:16] | Well, that was bound to happen. | 那是必然的嘛 |
[24:18] | You worked for me and you like me. | 你也曾在我手下工作 你就很喜欢我 |
[24:21] | I worked with you. | 我是和你平等共事 |
[24:22] | I was tough but fair. | 我虽严厉 但很公平 |
[24:24] | Oh, speaking of people who hate you, | 说起讨厌你的人 |
[24:26] | Raymond J. Beans came in today and pulled a real boner. | 烘豆先生雷蒙德今天干了件蠢事 |
[24:28] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[24:30] | He brought in the head of ketchup. | 他带来了番茄酱部门的主管 |
[24:32] | He’s obsessed with that man. | 他成天想着那人 |
[24:34] | Yeah, he should be. I met him. | 是 能理解 我见过他 |
[24:35] | So Raymond makes the introduction | 雷蒙德介绍了他 |
[24:37] | and then, according to Ken, ketchup leaves, | 然后据肯说 番茄酱主管走了 |
[24:39] | but Raymond lingers | 但雷蒙德逗留了一下 |
[24:40] | and he says he’s gonna kill the account and himself | 他说如果有人敢跟番茄酱主管联系 |
[24:42] | if they even talk to ketchup again. | 他就杀了那个业务员 然后自杀 |
[24:45] | Why’d he bring him in? | 那他为什么还带他来 |
[24:46] | Because he’s Raymond. He’s a fraidycat. | 因为他是雷蒙德 他是个胆小鬼 |
[24:50] | And– here’s the part that’s gonna make you happy– | 下面这段你听了肯定挺乐 |
[24:52] | Kenny spent two week telling everybody | 肯尼两周来都在告诉大家 |
[24:55] | how he was getting ketchup. | 他要拿下番茄酱业务了 |
[25:02] | Okay, Tuesday morning is perfect. | 好吧 周二早上可以 |
[25:04] | What? Oh, yep. | 什么 哦对 |
[25:06] | We’ll have your wig ready then, ma’am. | 您的假发到时一定备好 女士 |
[25:12] | You’re allowed to make personal calls after 5:00, | 你5点以后可以打私人电话 |
[25:14] | especially if they make you laugh. | 尤其是可以让你开怀大笑的 |
[25:16] | My friend Stan was telling me | 我朋友斯坦跟我说了个 |
[25:17] | a funny story about one of our old clients. | 关于我曾经一个老客户的趣事 |
[25:19] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[25:21] | Oh, it’s complicated, | 很复杂 |
[25:22] | but basically the guy from Heinz Baked Beans | 但基本就是 亨氏烘豆的人 |
[25:24] | hates the guy at Heinz Ketchup. | 讨厌亨氏番茄酱的人 |
[25:27] | Of course he does. | 他当然讨厌 |
[25:28] | Well, surprisingly, beans brought ketchup in | 出人意料的是 烘豆的人带番茄酱的人 |
[25:30] | for a meeting at the agency and everyone got excited, | 去公司会面 大家都很兴奋 |
[25:33] | and then unsurprisingly he sent ketchup out of the room | 然后不出所料 等番茄酱的人出门 |
[25:36] | and told everyone it was just for show. | 他告诉大家只是摆摆样子 |
[25:39] | So he’s unhappy? | 这么说他不满意 |
[25:41] | He’s not going anywhere. | 他不会去别的公司 |
[25:43] | Probably misses you. | 他很可能想念你 |
[25:45] | No. | 不 |
[25:46] | I assure you, he doesn’t. | 我向你保证 他不会 |
[25:51] | There’s nothing like things going badly | 没什么比你离开了 旧公司变得一团糟 |
[25:52] | when you leave, is there? | 更令人愉快了 不是吗 |
[25:59] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[26:00] | 3rd Avenue was a parking lot. | 第三大道太堵了 |
[26:04] | I’m not feeling well. | 我不太舒服 |
[26:09] | That’s not where it hurts. | 不是头疼 |
[26:11] | Oh. Did you cancel? | 你取消了吗 |
[26:13] | No, I thought I’d feel better by the time you got home. | 没 我以为你回家时我会恢复 |
[26:17] | We’re supposed to be there in 15 minutes. | 我们15分钟后就该去那儿了 |
[26:19] | They’re probably already there. | 他们可能已经到了 |
[26:20] | I know, | 我知道 |
[26:21] | but I don’t want to pretend like I’m having a good time | 但我不想假装很愉快享受 |
[26:25] | and it’s too late to cancel. | 再说现在取消也太迟了 |
[26:27] | They’ll survive. | 他们没事的 |
[26:28] | I want you to go. | 我要你去 |
[26:30] | I want you to have fun. | 我要你开心 |
[26:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:38] | But you go right to bed. | 但你必须上床休息 |
[26:40] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 长官 |
[26:56] | Go away! | 走开 |
[26:58] | Somebody help me! | 快来人救救我 |
[27:01] | What on earth is that? | 怎么回事 |
[27:03] | Somebody, please! | 有人吗 |
[27:07] | Somebody help! | 救命 |
[27:11] | – Oh, my goodness! – What happened to you? | -天啊 -你怎么了 |
[27:14] | Hey, Campbell, she’s your problem now. | 坎贝尔 她现在是你的问题了 |
[27:18] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know where else to go. | 对不起 我不知道还能去哪儿 |
[27:20] | – He was chasing me. – Close the door. | -他在追我 -关门 |
[27:24] | Hold this to your nose. | 按住鼻子 |
[27:25] | What the hell happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[27:26] | I’m so embarrassed. | 我好羞愧 |
[27:30] | We had a terrible fight. | 我们大吵了一架 |
[27:32] | – I’m going to call the authorities. – No, please. | -我去报警 -别 求你了 |
[27:35] | Well, then I’m taking you to the hospital. | 那我送你去医院 |
[27:37] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[27:38] | No, what do you think you’re doing? | 不行 你要干什么 |
[27:39] | You’re not going back there. | 你绝对不能回家 |
[27:40] | Peter, go to Tammy’s bathroom. | 皮特 去塔米的洗手间 |
[27:41] | There’s some cotton wool. | 那里有棉絮 |
[27:46] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[27:50] | I hope you haven’t been waiting long. | 希望你们没等太久 |
[27:52] | Oh, don’t worry about it. I was late, too. | 别担心 我也迟到了 |
[27:54] | They already gave us a hard time. | 他们已经表示不满了 |
[27:56] | – Where’s your wife? – She sends her regrets. | -你妻子呢 -她很遗憾不能来 |
[27:58] | She wasn’t feeling well. | 她不太舒服 |
[27:59] | That’s too bad. | 真可惜 |
[28:01] | You look lovely. | 你看起来很美 |
[28:01] | Let’s get you a drink. | 给你要杯酒 |
[28:04] | We’ll get the waiter to do the whole show again. | 让服务生再来一次吧 |
[28:07] | I’m afraid there’s only going to be three of us. | 恐怕只有我们三人用餐 |
[28:09] | – Don? – Old-fashioned, please. | -唐 -请来杯古典鸡尾酒 |
[28:10] | Subito. | 马上来 |
[28:13] | Well, the North Koreans really took that ship. | 朝鲜人真的扣留了那艘船 |
[28:16] | And the Vietcong, did you see them storming the embassy? | 还有越共 你看到他们进攻大使馆了吗 |
[28:19] | I haven’t followed it today. | 我今天没看新闻 |
[28:20] | – We got it back. – Still… | -我们守住了 -但是 |
[28:22] | these two little pissant countries handing our head to us. | 那两个小破国竟敢公然跟我们对着干 |
[28:25] | Well, I don’t know about the ship, | 船的事我不知道 |
[28:26] | but from what I’ve read, | 但据我所知 |
[28:27] | the embassy was an ambush that broke the cease-fire. | 对大使馆的偷袭违反了停战协议 |
[28:30] | We gave them peace for their sacred holiday. | 我们让他们和平过节 |
[28:32] | Next thing we know, they cut us to ribbons. | 结果呢 他们把我们打得七零八落 |
[28:35] | Reminds me of Cuba. | 让我想起了古巴 |
[28:37] | No one took Fidel Castro seriously. | 没人把菲德尔·卡斯特罗当回事 |
[28:40] | We thought he was Senor Wences. | 我们以为他是文斯先生 |
[28:41] | Turns out he was George Washington. | 结果他是乔治·华盛顿 |
[28:45] | And they say surgeons are arrogant. | 他们还说外科医生很傲慢 |
[28:47] | Who says that? | 谁说的 |
[28:49] | You know we’re losing the war. | 我们要输掉这场战争了 |
[28:52] | Wouldn’t know it from looking around here. | 但眼前依旧歌舞升平 可看不出来 |
[28:56] | Yeah, it’s something, right? | 是啊 是那么回事 对吧 |
[28:58] | You are Dr. Rosen? | 您是罗森医生吗 |
[29:00] | You see this service? | 看到这种服务了吗 |
[29:01] | Yes. We’d like to hear the Spiel again. | 是的 我们想再听一次乐器演奏 |
[29:04] | Uh, scusi. There is a telephone call. | 不好意思 您有来电 |
[29:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:10] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[29:11] | I’m gonna take this as an opportunity to powder my nose. | 我就当这是个给我鼻子扑点粉的机会 |
[29:37] | There’s no answer. | 没人接听 |
[29:40] | Is there anyone else? Family? | 还有别人吗 家人什么的 |
[29:42] | My sister’s back in Oneonta. | 我妹妹在老家奥尼昂塔 |
[29:44] | My mother’s in Boca Raton. | 我母亲在博卡拉顿 |
[29:47] | Well, you can’t go home. We should find a hotel. | 你不能回家 我们得找家旅馆 |
[29:55] | Let’s try some ice. | 我们用点冰敷一下吧 |
[30:05] | What did you say to him? | 你对他说什么了 |
[30:07] | Hello? Yes. | 喂 是的 |
[30:09] | Do you have any vacancies this evening? | 你们那里今晚有空房吗 |
[30:11] | Take me to the city. I want to be with you. | 带我去城里 我想跟你在一起 |
[30:14] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[30:16] | Very good. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢你 |
[30:19] | The Old Greenwich has rooms. | 旧格林威治有空房 |
[30:21] | Can you take me there? | 你能载我去那里吗 |
[30:23] | We’ll get you a taxi. | 我们帮你拦一辆出租车 |
[30:24] | Nonsense. I’ll drive you. | 别胡说了 我载你去 |
[30:27] | I don’t know what I was thinking. I’ll run you over. | 我不知道我在想什么 我会捎你一程的 |
[30:29] | Brenda, dear, let’s go. It’s best this way. | 布伦达亲爱的 我们走 这样最好 |
[30:45] | Emergency averted? | 紧急事件避免了吗 |
[30:47] | Unfortunately, no. | 不幸的是没有 |
[30:49] | Sylvia and you are having dinner. | 你和希维娅共进晚餐吧 |
[30:50] | – This is silly. – We can do this another time. | -这太荒谬了 -我们以后还有机会 |
[30:52] | I’m not taking my foot out of the door of this restaurant. | 我建议你们不要轻易迈出这家餐馆的门 |
[30:55] | Order for four or they’ll punish me. | 点四人份 否则他们会惩罚我的 |
[30:58] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[31:06] | What are you having? | 你想吃什么 |
[31:07] | I don’t know that I’m that hungry. | 我不知道 我没那么饿 |
[31:12] | You want another glass of wine? Should we get a bottle? | 你想再来一杯红酒吗 我们该要一瓶吗 |
[31:15] | You’re drinking something else. | 你喝的是别的 |
[31:16] | I don’t want you to have wine if you don’t drink wine. | 你不喝红酒的话 我也不喝红酒 |
[31:19] | I’m not gonna drink a whole bottle, obviously. | 我显然是喝不下一整瓶的 |
[31:21] | I don’t know how obvious that is. | 我看你不像喝不下嘛 |
[31:23] | Another glass is fine. | 再来一杯就够了 |
[31:27] | So what looks good here? | 这里有什么好吃的 |
[31:29] | Depends what you want. | 取决于你想要什么 |
[31:31] | Well, I’m hungry, I’m in a good mood, | 我饿了 我心情不错 |
[31:34] | and I’d like some guidance | 我想让我最爱的意大利人 |
[31:35] | on the Italian menu from my favorite Italian. | 给我指点一下意大利餐菜单 |
[31:39] | I didn’t cook it, so I can’t speak to its quality. | 不是我做的 所以我不知道菜的品质如何 |
[31:44] | You think I’d like eggplant rollatinis? | 我觉得我会喜欢茄子卷吗 |
[31:48] | For the lovely signora? | 这位美丽的女士想来点什么 |
[31:50] | – We’re not ready yet. – Yes, we are. | -我们还没想好 -不 我们想好了 |
[31:52] | Can she have another glass of wine | 能给她再来一杯红酒吗 |
[31:53] | and could you give us a minute? | 然后再给我们一点时间考虑 |
[31:55] | Certo. | 没问题 |
[32:03] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[32:03] | How could I possibly know what you like to eat? | 我怎么会知道你喜欢吃什么 |
[32:06] | I though you were looking forward to this. | 我以为你很期待这样 |
[32:08] | I don’t know what we’re doing. | 我不知道我们在干什么 |
[32:09] | We’re having dinner together. | 我们在共进晚餐 |
[32:12] | And I’m sorry, but I guess it was a stupid idea to think | 不好意思 我竟然天真地以为我们可以 |
[32:14] | we could spend time together outside of your maid’s room. | 在你家女仆房间以外的地方愉快地相处 |
[32:19] | Just because they cleared their place settings | 他们把多余的餐具拿走了 |
[32:20] | doesn’t mean we’re alone. | 并不代表我们就是在独处 |
[32:23] | Is that what’s bothering you? | 这就是你的烦心之处吗 |
[32:25] | That everything worked out perfectly? | 因为现在的一切都很完美吗 |
[32:26] | And you enjoy how foolish they both look. | 以及你很享受看他们俩的蠢样 |
[32:31] | Now I understand. | 我现在明白了 |
[32:37] | You want to feel shitty | 你想在我把你的裙子 |
[32:39] | right up until the point where I take your dress off. | 脱掉之前都闷闷不乐 |
[32:47] | Because I’m going to do that. | 因为我会那么做的 |
[32:49] | You want to skip dinner? | 你想跳过晚餐环节吗 |
[32:50] | Fine. But don’t pretend. | 可以啊 但是别装了 |
[33:00] | And what if she had come? | 如果她来了呢 |
[33:03] | The evening would be just the same, | 今夜也会一样 |
[33:05] | only it would be someone else’s dress? | 只是你脱的会是别人的裙子 |
[33:09] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[33:12] | Weren’t you the one who told me you were drifting apart? | 不是你跟我说的你们感情疏远了吗 |
[33:15] | Isn’t that what this was about? | 所以我们才搞在了一起 |
[33:18] | I want you. | 我想要你 |
[33:20] | I want you all the time. | 我每时每刻都想要你 |
[33:23] | But if you’ve suddenly decided you want something more than that, | 但是如果你突然决定你想要的不止这个 |
[33:25] | well, then, that’s news, isn’t it? | 那这也算个新闻了吧 不是吗 |
[33:30] | So, have you decided? | 你们决定好了吗 |
[33:34] | I don’t know. Have you? | 我不知道 你呢 |
[33:41] | He’ll have the steak diavolo | 他要一份超辣牛排 |
[33:44] | and I’ll have the branzino. | 我要一份柠檬鲈鱼 |
[33:45] | Anything to start? | 开胃菜呢 |
[33:47] | No. We’re in a bit of a hurry. | 不了 我们有急事 |
[33:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[33:59] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[34:01] | I have no right to be jealous. | 我没权利嫉妒 |
[34:04] | This is just us here tonight. | 今晚只有我们两个人 |
[34:09] | We have to be careful. We can’t fall in love. | 我们得小心点 我们不能相爱 |
[34:13] | It won’t be so French anymore. | 要不然就不是法式情缘了 |
[34:27] | Hi, this is Johnny Carson. | 大家好 我是约翰尼·卡森 |
[34:28] | As you know, this is the usual starting time for “The Tonight Show.” | 现在是《今夜秀》的常规播出时间 |
[34:32] | And tonight my guest is the | 今晚节目的嘉宾是 |
[34:33] | New Orleans district attorney Mr. Jim Garrison, | 新奥尔良州的地区检察官吉姆·加里森先生 |
[34:36] | who is with us to discuss, as he puts it, | 他要与我们讨论的是 据他所称 |
[34:37] | some new and vital information | 一些有关肯尼迪遇刺案的 |
[34:38] | concerning the Kennedy assassination. | 重要新情报 |
[34:41] | But because of the critical war situation in Vietnam, | 不过鉴于越南战争形势的白热化 |
[34:43] | especially around Saigon, | 尤其是西贡地区 |
[34:45] | NBC for the next 15 minutes | NBC将在接下来的15分钟 |
[34:47] | is going to bring you a special news program via satellite. | 通过卫星为您播报特别新闻 |
[34:50] | So stay with us. | 别走开 |
[34:51] | We’ll return in 15 minutes with our guest Mr. Garrison. | 我们15分钟后就开始加里森先生的访谈节目 |
[35:21] | Did you have fun? | 晚餐愉快吗 |
[35:23] | Arnold had an emergency, | 阿诺德有急事先走了 |
[35:24] | so Sylvia and I had to eat enough | 我和希维娅为了不负盛情 |
[35:26] | to keep him in good graces there. | 不得不拼命吃 |
[35:30] | Are you feeling better? | 你感觉好点了吗 |
[35:34] | I need to talk to you. | 我得和你谈谈 |
[35:41] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[35:48] | Well, I had a miscarriage | 我流产了 |
[35:50] | a few days ago. | 就在几天前 |
[36:01] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[36:02] | Did you go to the doctor? | 有没有去看医生 |
[36:04] | Yes. | 去了 |
[36:06] | How far along were you? | 怀了多久了 |
[36:08] | Six weeks. | 六周 |
[36:12] | I wish you would have told me. | 你该早点告诉我的 |
[36:16] | I guess I didn’t know how you’d feel. | 我当时不知道你会是什么感受 |
[36:19] | I didn’t know what you’d want. | 我不知道你想要什么 |
[36:22] | Megan, you have to know I’d want what you want. | 梅根 你要知道我必定想你所想 |
[36:27] | Is that what you want? | 那是你想要的吗 |
[36:29] | Of course it is. | 当然是啊 |
[36:32] | But I don’t know that it’s even | 可我甚至都不确定 |
[36:35] | the right time to have a conversation about it. | 我们现在该不该谈这事儿 |
[36:38] | And I guess that’s why I didn’t tell you. | 可能这就是我对你隐瞒的原因吧 |
[36:42] | But I should have. | 但我应该告诉你的 |
[36:45] | Yes, you should have. | 是的 你该告诉我的 |
[36:51] | Do you want to have that conversation? | 你想谈谈这事儿吗 |
[36:54] | Whatever you want. | 一切都随你 |
[37:03] | Now I can go to sleep. | 现在我能安心入睡了 |
[37:12] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[37:18] | – Where’s Tammy? – Leticia took her to the park. | -塔米在哪儿 – 莱缇莎带她去公园了 |
[37:23] | Well, I’m off. | 那我走了 |
[37:27] | Couldn’t you just pretend? | 你都懒得装一下吗 |
[37:31] | I let you have that apartment. | 我允许你在城里租了公寓 |
[37:34] | Somehow I thought that there was some | 我以为同意这事体现了 |
[37:36] | dignity in granting permission. | 作为妻子的大度和高尚 |
[37:39] | All I wanted was for you to be discreet. | 我只要你低调行事 |
[37:42] | She lives on our block! | 她跟我们住同一个街区 |
[37:44] | Trudy, don’t jump to conclusions. | 特鲁迪 别忙着下结论 |
[37:46] | There’s no way for me to escape. | 我已经无处可逃了 |
[37:48] | To not be an object of pity | 你在外肆意妄为 |
[37:50] | while you get to do whatever you feel like. | 而我却沦为人们可怜的对象 |
[37:53] | I have never said no to you. | 我一而再再而三地由着你 |
[37:55] | That is not true. What are we doing out here? | 才不是呢 我们现在这样算什么 |
[37:59] | We’re done, Peter. This is over. | 我们结束了 皮特 到此为止吧 |
[38:01] | You want a divorce? | 你要离婚吗 |
[38:03] | I refuse to be a failure. | 我不想沦为婚姻失败的笑柄 |
[38:05] | I don’t care what you want anymore. | 你想要什么再也与我无关 |
[38:07] | This is how it’s going to work. | 你给我听好了 |
[38:09] | You will be here only when I tell you to be here. | 除非我叫你来 否则你不得踏入这里半步 |
[38:12] | I’m drawing a 50-mile radius around this house | 我限你滚出这房子50英里开外 |
[38:14] | and if you so much as open your fly to urinate, | 哪怕你敢在这里面撒尿 |
[38:16] | I will destroy you. | 我也会让你吃不了兜着走 |
[38:18] | Do you understand? | 你明白了吗 |
[38:22] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[38:24] | You’re going to go to bed alone tonight | 你今晚要独守空房了 |
[38:26] | and you’re going to realize you don’t know anything for sure. | 然后你就会意识到自己有多么无理取闹 |
[38:30] | I’ll live with that. | 我甘愿 |
[38:44] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[38:46] | So far this is all we have, | 目前我们就这些资料 |
[38:48] | but I want you to find out everything you can on Heinz Ketchup. | 不过我希望你尽力查出亨氏番茄酱所有资料 |
[38:52] | What? | 什么 |
[38:53] | And this is not a joke. | 这可不是在开玩笑 |
[38:58] | No. I can’t do that. | 不 我不能接 |
[39:00] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[39:02] | It’s a little bit of a secret, | 那确实算是个小秘密 |
[39:03] | but it turns out they’re taking meetings. | 但我发现他们正在和广告公司接洽 |
[39:04] | I told you that secret and I shouldn’t have. | 那秘密是我告诉你的 我不该这么做的 |
[39:07] | Look, everybody’s gonna know. We just know a little sooner. | 大家迟早会知道的 我们不过先人一步 |
[39:10] | My friend told me that in confidence. | 是我朋友私底下告诉我的 |
[39:13] | He’s not your friend. | 他不是你朋友 |
[39:14] | – He’s the enemy. – Well, he doesn’t know that. | -他是竞争对手 -他可不知道这一点 |
[39:17] | Maybe you need a friend more than you need a job. | 或许你对朋友的需求胜过工作 |
[39:19] | I didn’t know that. I’m in advertising. | 我不知道这一点 我是做广告的 |
[39:22] | It’s not that. | 不是这个原因 |
[39:23] | It’s just that it was a private conversation. | 不过那是私人对话 |
[39:25] | What are you, his priest? This is how wars are won. | 你是他的神父吗 出其不意才能制胜啊 |
[39:28] | Your friend’s mistake was underestimating you. | 你朋友错就错在低估你了 |
[39:35] | I hope ketchup makes the same mistake | 我希望番茄酱那边也犯同样的错 |
[39:36] | so you can blow their mind. | 你就能一鸣惊人了 |
[39:44] | So correct me if I’m wrong, Pete. | 皮特 要是我说错了就指出来 |
[39:48] | I certainly will. | 当然可以 |
[39:49] | You’re suggesting that we forego | 你建议我们放弃 |
[39:50] | this sparkling national ad campaign | 夺人眼球的全国性广告宣传 |
[39:53] | in favor of hard-driving sales ads at the local dealer level? | 而偏向地区经销商层次的硬性销售广告 |
[39:57] | Not exactly. We will still have a national presence | 不全是 我们还是会做全国广告 |
[39:59] | with the sophisticated work that Don presented and you loved, | 就用你中意的唐的那个创意 |
[40:03] | but we will increase sales with a surgical | 不过我们会通过加大对地区性媒体的 |
[40:06] | and financial focus on local media. | 人力财力投入来增加销量 |
[40:09] | That sounds good to me. Of course, I’m a little bit biased. | 我听着不错 当然 因为我有点偏见 |
[40:13] | Why would we do that? | 我们为什么要这么做 |
[40:14] | We feel it’s best to have a plan that creates customers, | 我们认为广告方案最好能招揽普通消费者 |
[40:17] | not just aficionados. | 而不只是狂热的车迷 |
[40:20] | Don, are you really in favor of throwing our emphasis into radio? | 唐 你真的赞成把重点放到广播上吗 |
[40:25] | Well, it’s hard to argue with a more direct appeal to customers. | 无可争议的是其对消费者的直接诉求 |
[40:28] | I mean, we can artsy up the image of Jaguar, | 我是说 我们能提升捷豹的品牌形象 |
[40:30] | make it look romantic and stylish, | 让它看起来更浪漫 气派 |
[40:35] | but isn’t it better to | 但是相比之下 |
[40:37] | tell people who are actually in the market for a car | 直接告诉想要购车的人 |
[40:39] | that a Jaguar is available? | 可以选择捷豹 不是更好吗 |
[40:43] | I think it’s an exciting new angle | 我认为这是一个 |
[40:45] | to use direct sales on a luxury vehicle. | 销售名车的全新方式 |
[40:48] | I mean, forget about radio. | 我是说 别管广播了 |
[40:50] | How about a mailer | 发邮寄广告怎么样 |
[40:52] | or a circular in the Sunday paper? | 或者登在报纸的周末特辑上 |
[40:54] | I don’t know if that’s what we had in mind. | 我觉得这好像跟之前讨论的有出入 |
[40:57] | So this is your recommendation? | 这就是你的建议吗 |
[41:01] | I think it’s better to | 我觉得比较好的做法是 |
[41:03] | think about someone in New Jersey | 想象在新泽西州的某个人 |
[41:06] | driving in their current car | 开着现在的旧车 |
[41:08] | and hearing that right around the corner | 然后他在转角处听到 |
[41:10] | there’s a Jaguar to buy at a low, low price. | 捷豹正在低价出售 |
[41:14] | I bet the numbers would support that don’t they, Harry? | 我相信很多人都会动心的 对吧 哈里 |
[41:17] | That… | 那个 |
[41:19] | is really statistics game. | 真的需要数据来说明 |
[41:21] | You know what? I will have to double-check. | 我得再去确认一下 |
[41:23] | Look, why are you limiting yourself? | 为什么要把自己限制住呢 |
[41:26] | Wouldn’t you rather cast a wide net | 干脆广撒网 |
[41:27] | so you can sell Jaguar to the average guy? | 把捷豹推销给那些普通人 |
[41:31] | You know, truck drivers, housewives. | 比如卡车司机 家庭主妇 |
[41:34] | I was under the impression from the work you showed us | 我还是欣赏你之前向我们展示的创意 |
[41:36] | that this would be a more elegant approach | 用一种更加优雅的方式 |
[41:38] | that made the Jaguar seem rare because, let’s face it, | 来显示出捷豹的高贵 因为老实说 |
[41:42] | the gentleman who buys our car needs to be of some means. | 买我们车的人 必须是有钱的能人才行 |
[41:48] | I am 100% positive that this approach moves cars. | 我完全相信这个方法可以让车大卖 |
[41:52] | And not just Jaguars. This is proven to move all kinds of cars. | 不光是捷豹 用在什么车上都大卖 |
[41:55] | Hell, even used cars. Am I wrong, Herb? | 甚至是二手车 我说错了吗 赫布 |
[41:58] | No, he’s right. It moves cars. | 不 他是对的 那样确实会增加销量 |
[42:01] | Gentlemen, we appreciate the recommendation, | 先生们 感谢你们的建议 |
[42:05] | but we believe we should stay with the proposal as first discussed. | 但我们还是坚持我们的第一选择 |
[42:08] | And as persuasive as these arguments were, | 尽管你们刚才的提案很有说服力 |
[42:11] | that is how we will continue to proceed. | 我们以后会朝这些方向努力的 |
[42:14] | Let’s not be too hasty. | 我们不要匆忙下决定 |
[42:15] | Maybe we should listen to them. | 也许听他们的比较好 |
[42:17] | At least give it some thought. | 至少考虑一下 |
[42:19] | Herb’s right. | 赫布说得对 |
[42:21] | We still believe this is our best chance for success. | 我们仍然相信这样的成功几率最大 |
[42:24] | Fellas, this is gonna work. | 先生们 这样绝对行得通 |
[42:26] | I’m sorry, but this is our final decision. | 抱歉 但我们已经决定了 |
[42:30] | Thank you very much. | 十分感谢 |
[42:47] | What the hell was that? | 刚刚是他妈什么情况 |
[42:48] | Herb, we couldn’t have pushed any harder. | 赫布 我们已经很努力地说服了 |
[42:50] | You pushed, then you let Don talk. | 你是努力了 却让唐来说 |
[42:52] | You should know better. The guy’s not a salesman. | 你应该清楚 他不是个销售员 |
[42:57] | That was the deftest self-immolation I’ve ever seen. | 刚刚真是我见过的最高端的自毁策略 |
[42:59] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[43:01] | I didn’t know you were capable of being that bad. | 我还不知道你能这么坏呢 |
[43:04] | – What was that in there? – I wasn’t feeling well. | -刚刚是什么情况 -我有点不舒服 |
[43:06] | Something about that guy makes me sick. | 可能是那人让我恶心了 |
[43:07] | Don’t be cute. I still have his spit in my hair. | 别卖乖 我被他骂得狗血淋头 |
[43:11] | Why can’t you just follow the rules? | 你就不能按规矩办事吗 |
[43:12] | I did. I did exactly what he asked for. | 我有啊 我完全是按他说的在做 |
[43:14] | Not in spirit. You know damn well that is not what he wanted. | 心里不是 你知道他不是想这样 |
[43:17] | Why do we care what that guy wants? | 我们干嘛管他怎么想 |
[43:18] | – Because he’s a client. – Our client. | -因为他是客户 -我们的客户 |
[43:21] | And so we just keep saying yes no matter what | 所以不管他说什么我们都答应吗 |
[43:24] | because we didn’t say no to begin with? | 因为我们没有从一开始就拒绝他 |
[43:26] | You know what this is? It’s Munich. | 你知道这像什么吗 就像慕尼黑会议一样 |
[43:27] | You guys are always talking about Munich. | 你们总是说什么慕尼黑 |
[43:29] | What the hell does that mean anyway? | 那到底是什么意思 |
[43:31] | It means we gave the Germans | 意思就是当年德国想要什么 |
[43:32] | whatever they wanted to make them happy, | 我们就给他们什么 |
[43:33] | but it just made them want more. | 结果却使他们变得贪得无厌 |
[43:35] | Well, who the hell won the war? | 但你想想最后赢得战争的是谁啊 |
[43:44] | As my mother used to say, | 就像我妈曾经常说的 |
[43:46] | your options were dishonor or war. | 要么忍受耻辱要么选择战争 |
[43:48] | You chose dishonor, you might still get war. | 即使忍受耻辱 有时也无法避免战争 |
[43:51] | That was Churchill. | 那是丘吉尔说的 |
[43:59] | First one in, last one out. | 第一个来 最后一个走 |
[44:01] | I don’t know how you do it. | 我不知道你是如何做到的 |
[44:03] | Me either. | 我也不知道 |
[44:05] | Well, it can’t be that bad | 如果是做自己喜欢的事 |
[44:06] | when you’re doing something that you love. | 应该也没那么糟糕 |
[44:08] | I’m glad it looks like that to you. | 我很高兴你是这么认为的 |
[44:14] | I spent a year in finance | 我在金融界呆了一年 |
[44:17] | watching identical men in identical suits | 每天看着同样的人穿着同样的衣服 |
[44:20] | sneak drinks out of a desk drawer | 在帮别人数钱的同时 |
[44:22] | while counting other people’s money. | 偷偷从抽屉里拿酒喝 |
[44:24] | What house? | 在哪里 |
[44:26] | My family’s been at Brown Brothers Harriman for three generations. | 我家三代人都在布朗兄弟银行供职 |
[44:31] | You make this look a lot better. | 你让这份工作看起来好多了 |
[44:33] | It’s all about what it looks like, isn’t it? | 事情永远都是看表面 对吧 |
[44:37] | I’m going down to the deli. | 我要去趟熟食店 |
[44:38] | Can I get you something? | 需要帮你带点什么吗 |
[44:40] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[44:44] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[44:46] | My wife asked me and I seem to have forgotten. | 我妻子让我买点东西我忘记了 |
[44:47] | Could you pick me up some toilet paper? | 能帮我带点厕纸回来吗 |
[44:51] | I got it, chief. | 没问题 老大 |
[45:06] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[45:08] | He’s home. You can’t knock on the door like that. | 他在家 你不能就这么过来敲门 |
[45:12] | I was taking the trash out and you left it open. | 就说我出来倒垃圾 发现你门没关好 |
[45:15] | Tomorrow morning. | 明天早上 |
[45:43] | You’re a dirty little spy. | 你这个小偷窥狂 |
[45:47] | I dropped a penny. | 我是在找钱 |
[45:49] | You got your own room. | 每个人要守在自己的房间 |
[45:50] | That’s how things work around here. | 那是这里的规矩 |