时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:41] | So you haven’t officially told anyone | 所以你还没正式告诉别人 |
[00:42] | you’re looking to change your life? | 你想要改变一下自己的人生 |
[00:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:46] | Why put Doyle Dane into hysterics | 没必要把道伊·德恩逼疯 |
[00:48] | when all I want to do is have what NASA calls | 我想做的 用美国太空总署的话来说就是 |
[00:51] | an “Exploratory mission” with your agency? | 对你们公司的一次”考察任务”而已 |
[00:54] | Still, Timmy, Don has some anxiety about– | 不过蒂米 唐很忧心… |
[00:58] | well, obviously about Raymond. | 显然是忧心雷蒙德那边 |
[01:02] | Heinz Baked Beans has given us national recognition | 亨氏烘豆的广告让我们扬名全国 |
[01:05] | and Raymond’s a friend. | 雷蒙德与我们私交也不错 |
[01:06] | I’m not used to telling people what my account is worth. | 我一般是不会随便跟别人亮家底的 |
[01:09] | Not just in billings, | 不只是账目的数额 |
[01:10] | but in the prestige that comes with ketchup. | 而是番茄酱广告带来的业界威望 |
[01:12] | Don knows that or he wouldn’t be here. | 唐既然坐在这 肯定深知个中利害 |
[01:14] | He’s not that polite. | 他可没那么清高 |
[01:17] | Just relax. | 放轻松点 |
[01:18] | If you do the work and I like it, | 如果你们的作品令我满意 |
[01:20] | I guarantee that Raymond will fall in line. | 我敢保证雷蒙德也会赞成的 |
[01:23] | I have that power. | 我有那个能力 |
[01:24] | And if you don’t like our work? | 那如果你不满意呢 |
[01:26] | Raymond never has to know. | 雷蒙德就永远不必知道这事 |
[01:28] | I don’t know if that solves my problem. | 我不知道那是否能解除我的担忧 |
[01:30] | Look, I understand your risk. | 听着 我了解你面临的风险 |
[01:32] | Or we could have met in your office again. | 要不我们本该在你办公室会面的 |
[01:34] | In fact, we can have the presentation here, too. | 其实 我们也可以在这里进行创意展示 |
[01:37] | No, we’ll get a hotel. | 不 我们来订酒店 |
[01:40] | I am supposed to be meeting someone in about 20 minutes | 我20分钟后要去见个人 |
[01:43] | and she likes me to wait for her. | 她喜欢让我先等着 |
[01:48] | Well, take your time. | 那好 你慢慢做 |
[01:50] | And remember, | 记住了 |
[01:52] | I don’t need much of an excuse to come to Manhattan. | 我可不用找一大堆理由来曼哈顿 |
[02:09] | When I say a small team, I mean Stan. | 我说的小团队 指的是斯坦 |
[02:12] | Just the three of us. | 就我们三个 |
[02:14] | We bill it under Project K. | 就用K项目代称吧 |
[02:17] | Nice place. | 屋子不错 |
[02:19] | Well, it’s available to you. | 大门随时向你敞开 |
[02:22] | You know, if you ever have to spend the night in the city. | 如果哪天你不得不在城里过夜的话 |
[02:25] | I live here, Pete. | 我就住在城里 皮特 |
[02:35] | It’s been 7:00 for 20 minutes. | 7点都过去20分钟了 |
[02:37] | I’m starving. | 我饿坏了 |
[02:39] | I’m sorry I’m late, but I have a job. | 不好意思迟到了 谁叫我有工作 |
[02:42] | You know what, Dawn? | 知道吗 唐恩 |
[02:43] | You have another job, | 别忘了你还有另外一个工作 |
[02:44] | which is being my maid of honor. | 就是做我的伴娘 |
[02:46] | Well, I can’t lose that one, can I? | 我又不用担心失去那份工作 不是吗 |
[02:48] | Well, I have some bad news. | 我这有些坏消息 |
[02:52] | Al called me | 艾尔打电话跟我说 |
[02:53] | and he said both the caterer and your date fell through. | 婚宴承办人的事黄了 你相亲的那人也跑了 |
[02:56] | William? What happened? | 威廉 到底怎么了 |
[02:58] | Al doesn’t think he’s ready to settle down. | 艾尔是觉得那男人还没准备定下来 |
[03:00] | And he didn’t want you to spend the night defending yourself. | 他可不希望你浪费一整晚在这种人身上 |
[03:02] | You tell Al to keep looking | 那你让艾尔继续帮我留意 |
[03:04] | because I’m never gonna meet someone at that office. | 办公室这种地方我是没机会遇见什么人了 |
[03:06] | Al and I met at church. | 艾尔和我是在教堂认识的 |
[03:08] | Church is impossible. | 教堂就别想了 |
[03:10] | You can’t stand out in that crowd of harlots. | 一堆花枝招展的姑娘里谁会注意到我 |
[03:12] | You stand out. | 你这么优秀 |
[03:16] | You must run into somebody downtown. | 你在城里肯定遇到过心仪的吧 |
[03:18] | I get on the train and it’s just us… | 有次在地铁上就我和他两个熟人 |
[03:21] | and then it gets thinner and thinner until about 72nd. | 车上的人越来越少 一直持续到72大道 |
[03:24] | Sometimes it’s just me and this old shoeshine– | 有时候就只剩我和擦鞋匠 |
[03:26] | and he won’t even look at me. | 他甚至都不屑瞧我一眼 |
[03:28] | Bea Carter says her son Anthony ran into you. | 比娅·卡特说她儿子安东尼对你有意思 |
[03:31] | But that’s what you don’t understand. | 但那种事我说了你也不明白 |
[03:33] | We were walking through the plaza | 我们都在广场里逛着 |
[03:35] | and we passed each other and we just nodded. | 擦身而过的时候 彼此就都只点个头而已 |
[03:37] | Someone told me he said that, | 别人也告诉我他对我有意思 |
[03:40] | but he didn’t talk to me. | 但是他自己却不搭理我 |
[03:42] | And I didn’t talk to him, either. | 我也不搭理他就是了 |
[03:47] | Well, I’ll keep looking. | 我会帮你留意的 |
[03:52] | That might be too much blush. | 这腮红可能有点过 |
[03:53] | If you look a little rusty, it’s ’cause I’m a little rusty. | 要是有人说你妆太糙 那也是因为我手太拙 |
[03:56] | I need all the help I can get. | 我现在可讲究不了那么多 |
[03:59] | The makeup’s not the important part. | 化妆还不是最重要的部分 |
[04:01] | Mary Kay always says | 玫琳凯不是总说 |
[04:02] | it’s really about making yourself feel better, | 真正重要的是让自己感觉更自信 |
[04:04] | and that starts with doing something for you. | 一切的转变 都从美妆开始 |
[04:08] | Well, that’ll be a first. | 那我还真是头一遭 |
[04:11] | – Kate! – Shh, I just put the baby down. | -凯特 -嘘 我刚把宝宝哄睡着 |
[04:18] | – You have not changed. – Well, you have. | -你真是一点没变 -你倒是变了 |
[04:20] | How did you suddenly get younger than me? | 你怎么突然就变得比我年轻了好几岁 |
[04:22] | Because she’s in the beauty business. | 那是因为她现在在美容业 |
[04:24] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[04:26] | – How much did she spend? – It’s free. | -她花了多少钱 -免费的 |
[04:28] | This is my old stuff. I’m a sales director now. | 都是我用过的 我现在可是销售总监了 |
[04:31] | – How are your boys? – Good. | -孩子们还好吗 -很好 |
[04:33] | – Did you see Kevin? – She looked in. | -看过凯文了没 -她看过了 |
[04:35] | Why don’t we let him sleep while we eat dinner? | 不如让他睡会儿 我们开始吃晚餐吧 |
[04:37] | I made a pork roast. | 我做了猪排 |
[04:39] | And I made reservations at Le Cirque for two. | 我在马戏团餐厅有个两人的预约 |
[04:41] | Well, I want to catch up. And, more importantly, | 我是想叙叙旧 更重要的是 |
[04:44] | Kate has a job interview tomorrow | 凯特明天一大早还有面试 |
[04:46] | and I don’t want her tying one on. | 我可不想让她喝得醉醺醺的 |
[04:48] | – Who are you meeting with? – The competition. | -你要去哪里面试 -竞争对手公司 |
[04:50] | Can we take a raincheck? | 我们下次再去吧 |
[04:52] | Splendid. | 好极了 |
[04:54] | She hasn’t changed. | 她一点都没变 |
[05:06] | Why are you getting on the elevator going up? | 你为何要上上行的电梯 |
[05:08] | Because the door opened and you were standing there. | 因为门一开 你在里面 |
[05:12] | I pressed down. | 我按过往下的了 |
[05:23] | Where have you been? | 你最近去哪了 |
[05:24] | I missed you. | 我想你 |
[05:26] | Working all the time. Don’t tell anyone. | 忙工作 别告诉别人 |
[05:28] | Like who? | 告诉谁 |
[05:31] | Arnie’s on call Thursday or Friday. | 阿诺周四周五都要值班 |
[05:33] | I’ll leave a penny under the mat when he’s flown the coop. | 如果他走了 我就在地毯下放个硬币 |
[05:46] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[05:51] | Can you be more specific? | 你能再明确一点吗 |
[05:55] | Nope. | 不行 |
[05:57] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[06:10] | Dennis must be doing well. | 丹尼斯一定混得很不错 |
[06:12] | – That’s from the company. – My goodness. | -那是公司送的 -天啊 |
[06:14] | What do you have to do to get this? | 要怎样才能得到这个 |
[06:15] | Just have a lot of my recruits sell a lot of Mary Kay. | 让我手下的人多卖点玫琳凯化妆品 |
[06:18] | How much? Those are diamonds. | 卖多少 那可是钻石的 |
[06:20] | Just has to be the most. | 业绩第一就可以了 |
[06:21] | They know what they’re doing. | 他们倒是很会激励人 |
[06:23] | I know. They do. | 是啊 没错 |
[06:26] | But there’s no way for me to move up there. | 但是我在那里没前途 |
[06:27] | So is that why you’re going to Avon? | 所以你才要跳槽去雅芳 |
[06:29] | There’s women above me at Mary Kay, | 我在玫琳凯的女上司 |
[06:31] | it’s just working out of Spokane, | 都只能在斯波坎市工作而已 |
[06:33] | there’s only so far I can go. | 我最多也就那样了 |
[06:35] | Well, Joanie’s a partner | 琼妮现在做到合伙人了 |
[06:37] | and I don’t know if anyone | 我不知道别人是否 |
[06:38] | would want all that extra responsibility. | 也想像她那样额外承担许多重任 |
[06:41] | You should visit more often. | 你以后应该常来 |
[06:42] | Turns out someone’s proud of me. | 某人竟然为我感到骄傲呢 |
[06:44] | I’m a monster. | 我是个怪物 |
[06:46] | Believe it or not, | 不管你信不信 |
[06:47] | “My daughter is a partner at a Madison Avenue advertising firm” | “我女儿是麦迪逊大道广告公司合伙人” |
[06:52] | is something I enjoy saying. | 我很喜欢对别人说这句话 |
[06:54] | It does sound pretty good. | 那听起来确实不错 |
[07:00] | Well, so much for keeping my wits about me. | 好了 我已经喝得差不多了 |
[07:04] | I should be getting back to the Waldorf. | 我该回华尔道夫酒店了 |
[07:06] | Well, I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. | 祝你明天好运 |
[07:07] | But if worse come to worse, | 但即使结果不理想 |
[07:09] | you’re appreciated somewhere. | 别忘了你的才华在别处被人欣赏 |
[07:16] | What are the “Life” magazine closing dates for Birds Eye? | 伯利兹在《生活》杂志的截稿日是什么时候 |
[07:19] | Ken, it’s Monday. | 肯 今天是周一 |
[07:21] | I got a perfect cup of coffee and a Danish on the way. | 我正享受着咖啡 等着丹麦点心送过来 |
[07:23] | You want to start with | 你至少该先说声 |
[07:24] | “Good morning? How was your weekend?” | “早上好 周末过得怎么样”吧 |
[07:26] | I spent it with my in-laws | 我周末和老丈人呆在一起 |
[07:27] | listening to Ed complain about | 听埃德抱怨 |
[07:30] | how much the world hates Dow Chemical. | 世人有多讨厌陶氏化学 |
[07:32] | And I know that every gripe he has | 而且我知道他所有的怨气 |
[07:33] | is directed at me and this company. | 都是冲着我和这间公司发的 |
[07:35] | Is it possible that this has turned Ken Cosgrove into a neurotic? | 他会把我们的肯·科斯格罗夫逼疯吗 |
[07:38] | If he wants people to stop hating him, | 如果他想让人们别再讨厌他 |
[07:40] | he should stop dropping napalm on children. | 他就不该再为军方生产凝固汽油弹炸孩子了 |
[07:45] | I know you just came here to complain, | 我知道你只是来发牢骚的 |
[07:46] | but I actually think that I can help you. | 但我觉得我还真能帮到你 |
[07:49] | God, that’s really true. | 天啊 说得没错 |
[07:51] | I just came in here to complain. | 我就是来发牢骚的 |
[07:53] | How hard would it be to meet with Ed, just you and me? | 能让我和埃德见一面吗 就我们三个 |
[07:55] | If I have a good reason? | 如果我有个好理由就行 |
[07:57] | I’m sorry, Mr. Cosgrove, but it’s the last one. | 很抱歉 科斯格罗夫先生 这是最后一个了 |
[07:59] | – Did you find your keys? – I did. | -你找到钥匙了吗 -找到了 |
[08:01] | Can you get Pierre Cossette on the line? | 能帮我打给皮埃尔·卡赛特吗 |
[08:03] | I have an idea. Let’s see what happens. | 我有个主意 看看怎么样吧 |
[08:05] | Harry has great ideas. | 哈里的主意都很棒 |
[08:25] | I saw this thing on a spy show. | 我在间谍剧里见过一种道具 |
[08:28] | It’s a clock with a tiny camera in it. | 一个带摄像头的钟 |
[08:31] | All we have to do is get it in there. | 我们只要把它放进去就可以了 |
[08:33] | If you can get in, you don’t need a clock. | 如果你可以进去 也就不需要那钟了 |
[08:36] | I would guess it’s a military account. | 我猜客户一定是军方的 |
[08:39] | And I would guess they picked Stan | 我觉得他们之所以选斯坦 |
[08:41] | because he has no conscience. | 是因为他这人没有良心 |
[08:43] | So Project K stands for what? | 所以K项目代表什么 |
[08:47] | Project Kill Machine! | 杀人机器项目 |
[08:49] | That’s not what it stands for. | 才不是代表那个 |
[08:51] | So what does it stand for, Bobby? | 那是代表什么 小鲍 |
[08:55] | I don’t know what it is. | 我也不知道 |
[08:56] | Are you saying that because you do know what it is? | 你这么说是因为你知道吗 |
[08:58] | No. | 不是 |
[08:59] | – Stan come through? – Stan who? | -斯坦来了吗 -哪个斯坦 |
[09:02] | I know one thing– | 我只知道 |
[09:03] | he’s not in a room with tinfoil on the windows. | 他”不在”那个窗户都贴满锡箔纸的房间里 |
[09:05] | How are things, Don? | 你最近怎么样 唐 |
[09:18] | There’s nothing in here. | 怎么是空的 |
[09:20] | ‘Cause you’re gonna fill it with work. | 因为你要把它写满 |
[09:22] | If you don’t fall asleep. | 前提是你别睡着 |
[09:26] | I’m telling you, it clears the cobwebs. | 相信我 抽完绝对神清气爽 |
[09:43] | I think a hot dog and a hamburger are too similar. | 我觉得热狗和汉堡太像了 |
[09:47] | Plus, a hot dog cries out for mustard. | 而且 热狗和芥末是绝配 |
[09:50] | No, I think a hot dog cries out for ketchup. | 不 我觉得热狗和番茄酱才是绝配 |
[09:55] | A squiggly line. | 画个波浪线 |
[10:02] | I think we should order lunch. | 我们该叫午饭了 |
[10:13] | My goodness. Someone’s having a party and didn’t invite us. | 天啊 有人自己偷偷跑去参加派对了 |
[10:16] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[10:19] | Is Clara’s birthday today? | 克莱拉今天过生日吗 |
[10:21] | It’s tomorrow and it’s $2 a head. | 是明天 每人出两块钱 |
[10:24] | And, actually, I don’t know what I’m going to get. | 不过说实话 我都不知道该买什么 |
[10:26] | – Do you want to come? – I can’t. | -你要来吗 -我来不了 |
[10:28] | Mr. Draper always needs me. | 德雷柏先生总是需要我 |
[10:31] | Could you punch me out when you leave? | 你走的时候能帮我打卡吗 |
[10:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:36] | How long are you going to be gone? | 你要提前多久走 |
[10:38] | Well, if you punch me out… | 如果你帮我打卡 |
[10:41] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[10:44] | I heard Mr. Draper’s in there. | 我听说德雷柏在里面 |
[10:47] | No. | 没有 |
[10:53] | Did you get the pages? | 你拿到剧本了吗 |
[10:54] | – No. – Are you two rehearsing already? | -没有 -你们已经在排练了吗 |
[10:57] | Call me when you see them. | 你拿到手就给我打电话 |
[10:59] | Arlene, are you sad it’s not you? | 艾琳 你是不是很难过那不是你 |
[11:01] | You know Mel is my husband. | 你知道梅尔是我丈夫 |
[11:02] | I could have him write you into a hospital bed | 我可以让他把你的角色写成重病在床 |
[11:04] | or a grave. | 或直接写死 |
[11:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[11:18] | What’s going on? | 到底是怎么回事啊 |
[11:20] | Well, you’re going to have a love scene with Rod. | 你和罗德会来一场爱情戏 |
[11:23] | And between you, me, | 你我之间悄悄说 |
[11:24] | and soon a national audience, | 当然 很快全国观众也会知道 |
[11:26] | it’s more of a love affair. | 那更像是一段苟合 |
[11:28] | Oh, my goodness. That’s so exciting. | 我的天啊 那太令人兴奋了 |
[11:32] | Thank you for telling me. | 谢谢你提前告诉我 |
[11:34] | Oh, I did more than tell you. | 我所做的可不只是告诉你 |
[11:35] | Mel’s been on the fence, but, | 梅尔之前还犹豫不决 但是 |
[11:37] | I think he really believes in you. | 我觉得他真的很看好你 |
[11:40] | Now, don’t embarrass me. | 可别让我丢人了 |
[11:42] | You’ve done this before, haven’t you? | 你以前有过类似的经验吧 |
[11:44] | Um, well, of course. | 那 当然了 |
[11:47] | Does a high school play count? | 高中演的话剧算吗 |
[11:50] | No. | 不算 |
[11:52] | It’s gonna be exciting at first | 一开始可能会令人激动兴奋 |
[11:53] | and then it’ll be part of the job. | 然后又变成枯燥乏味的工作了 |
[11:55] | It’s pretty exciting. | 那还是相当令人兴奋的 |
[11:57] | The hard part is how “James Garner” there will deal with it. | 难的是你那位帅气的老公会对此作何反应 |
[12:01] | Some people think it’s better to wait till after it’s happened | 有人觉得先斩后奏比较好 |
[12:04] | or not tell them at all, | 或者直接不告诉他们 |
[12:05] | but I think it’s best to be up front. | 但我觉得最好事先就说 |
[12:09] | Well, obviously he’s not going to like it. | 他显然不会对此感到高兴 |
[12:13] | Would you be upset if he did? | 如果他高兴 你会不安吗 |
[12:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:18] | Why don’t Mel and I take you two out to dinner? | 不如让我和梅尔请你们夫妻二人吃顿饭吧 |
[12:21] | You know, to make him comfortable. | 就是 让他更加容易接受一些 |
[12:24] | And, honestly, all of us should be better acquainted. | 老实说 我们都该混熟一些才好 |
[12:27] | I mean, Mel has big plans for you. | 我是说 梅尔可是很器重你的 |
[12:35] | I’m gonna leave you alone with these. | 我就不打扰你看剧本了 |
[12:46] | Did you send Scarlett somewhere? | 你派斯嘉丽去做什么事了吗 |
[12:48] | No, Meredith. | 没有 梅瑞迪斯 |
[12:49] | Well, it’s just I can’t find her or Mr. Crane | 我找不到她 也找不到克雷恩先生 |
[12:52] | and there’s someone to see him. | 现在有人要求见他 |
[12:54] | I’m dying for you to meet Ken. | 我迫不及待想让你跟肯见一面 |
[13:00] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[13:02] | Busy. | 很忙 |
[13:05] | Have Scarlett see me when you find her. | 你找到斯嘉丽时 让她来见我 |
[13:13] | Oh, good. You’re home on time. | 真好 你准时回家了 |
[13:16] | I am. It’s only because I have a lot of work | 是啊 那是因为我有很多工作要做 |
[13:18] | and I don’t want to do it in a windowless room. | 我又不想在一个没有窗户的房间里做 |
[13:25] | So why don’t you have a seat? | 你不如先坐下吧 |
[13:26] | I’m gonna get you a drink. | 我给你拿杯喝的 |
[13:27] | And then I’m gonna stuff you with coq au vin. | 然后我要用酒闷仔鸡好好把你喂饱 |
[13:32] | I know you’re very busy, | 我知道你很忙 |
[13:33] | but I want us to have, I don’t know– | 我希望我们能够 我也说不清 |
[13:38] | I want us to be able to talk about things other than work. | 我就是希望我们能谈谈工作以外的事 |
[13:42] | Megan, what happened? | 梅根 发生什么事了 |
[13:43] | Just once I’d like to be that wife | 我就是想当一次那种 |
[13:45] | that lays a trap and has her husband walk right into it. | 设好小圈套 让丈夫乖乖钻进去的妻子 |
[13:49] | Okay, first of all, Arlene, | 好了 首先 艾琳 |
[13:51] | you know, she plays Penelope Aldridge. | 她扮演的是佩内洛普·埃德里奇 |
[13:53] | She basically owns “Berkshire Falls.” | 她是《伯克希尔瀑布》这部剧的绝对主角 |
[13:55] | She’s married to Mel the head writer | 她老公梅尔是那剧的编剧组组长 |
[13:58] | and they want to have dinner with us. | 他们想约我们一起吃饭 |
[14:00] | Does it get worse? | 还有更糟糕的消息吗 |
[14:04] | Well, my storyline is getting more developed | 我那条故事线得到了更充分的挖掘 |
[14:08] | and that means | 那意味着 |
[14:10] | I’m gonna have a series of love scenes. | 我将要拍一些爱情戏 |
[14:12] | – With whom? – With Rod Holly. | -和谁一起 -和罗德·霍利 |
[14:14] | He plays Rafe Jackson. He’s Arlene’s nephew. | 他演的是拉夫·杰克逊 他是艾琳的侄子 |
[14:17] | Megan, I don’t care. | 梅根 我不在乎 |
[14:19] | What’s a “Love scene” consist of? | “爱情戏”具体指的是什么 |
[14:22] | It’s just kissing and hugging. | 就是亲吻和拥抱 |
[14:24] | It’s TV. | 那毕竟是电视剧 |
[14:25] | We can’t really do anything. | 我们也不能拍过火的东西 |
[14:30] | What am I supposed to say? | 我能怎么说呢 |
[14:33] | That you trust me. | 就说你信任我 |
[14:35] | and that you know it’s part of my job. | 说你知道那是我的工作需要 |
[14:38] | And maybe that it was bound to happen if things went well. | 或许如果我发展顺利 那是必然会发生的事 |
[14:42] | Keep going. I’m dying to hear what I say next. | 继续说 我很想知道我接下来会说出什么 |
[14:44] | Should I have hidden it from you? | 难道我该瞒着你才好吗 |
[14:49] | I don’t know, Megan. I need to think about it. | 我不知道 梅根 我得好好想想 |
[14:52] | Look, I know I wouldn’t like it, | 听着 我知道换做我也不会高兴 |
[14:55] | but I’d look on the bright side. | 但我会向好的一面看 |
[14:59] | Okay, I guess if I wasn’t your husband, | 好吧 我想如果我不是你丈夫 |
[15:01] | I would be happy for you. | 我也会为你感到高兴的 |
[15:02] | It does mean they like you. | 那确实意味着他们喜欢你 |
[15:05] | Do you like me? | 那你喜欢我吗 |
[15:07] | Honey, I can tolerate this, | 亲爱的 我可以尽量忍受这事 |
[15:08] | but I can’t encourage it. | 但我不会鼓励和提倡 |
[15:11] | You’re perfect. | 你太好了 |
[15:19] | And honestly, Ed, | 说真的 埃德 |
[15:20] | it’s not just Ken who’s been losing sleep about this. | 不仅是肯为此夜不能寐 |
[15:22] | I mean, last week when half of Colombia | 我是说 上周几乎半个哥伦比亚的人 |
[15:23] | got into your lobby– | 都涌进你的大厅了 |
[15:24] | It was 15 people. | 那只有15个人 |
[15:26] | Look, you’ve been in the news every other day | 听着 你几乎每隔几天就会上一次新闻 |
[15:29] | and a couple of articles placed in business journals | 商业杂志上的几篇文章 |
[15:31] | are not going to make that stop. | 可没法阻止那个 |
[15:32] | They acted like they were storming the Bastille. | 他们搞得就像在攻占巴士底狱一样 |
[15:36] | This is their country, too. | 这也是他们的国家 |
[15:39] | What exactly is your point? | 你到底想说什么 |
[15:40] | Pierre. | 皮埃尔 |
[15:42] | A one-hour prime-time TV special sponsored by Dow, | 由陶氏化学赞助的黄金时段一小时电视特别节目 |
[15:45] | starring Joe Namath and 15 or so of his best friends | 由乔·纳曼斯和他大约15个好友主演 |
[15:47] | putting on a show drawing from America’s most beloved musicals. | 演一出美国人最爱的音乐剧 |
[15:51] | “Broadway Joe on Broadway.” | 《百老汇乔登上百老汇》 |
[15:54] | Joe Namath sings? | 乔·纳曼斯会唱歌吗 |
[15:55] | Don’t you want to watch it just to find out? | 你不想看那节目 亲自得出结论吗 |
[15:58] | And who are his “Friends”? | 他的”朋友们”又指谁呢 |
[16:01] | I have access to the greatest talent available. | 我可以请到最具才华的演艺界人士 |
[16:03] | There’ll be sex appeal. Joey Heatherton, for example. | 他们一定会性感撩人 比如乔依·海瑟顿 |
[16:05] | Pipes, Julie Andrews. And punch. | 朱莉·安德斯 以及鸡尾酒 |
[16:08] | How about John Wayne in a sketch version of “Camelot”? | 不如让约翰·韦恩来一出素描版的《圣城》吧 |
[16:12] | We’re mostly household products. | 我们卖的大多是家居用品 |
[16:13] | Women don’t like football. | 女人都不爱橄榄球的 |
[16:15] | Have you ever asked them about Joe Namath? | 你有问过她们对乔·纳曼斯的看法吗 |
[16:17] | Forget demographics. | 忘记人口统计学数据吧 |
[16:19] | How would you like Dow to be responsible for making people smile? | 你觉得让陶氏化学为人们带来欢笑如何 |
[16:23] | And is there anything that makes people smile | 世上还有什么比百老汇和橄榄球 |
[16:25] | more than Broadway and football? | 更能让人欢笑吗 |
[16:27] | “Yankee Doodle Dandy” and the Notre Dame fight song | 《胜利之歌》和圣母大学战歌 |
[16:29] | playing at the same time. | 同时播放 |
[16:30] | * I’m a Yankee Doodle Dandy… * | *我是一个美国人* |
[16:33] | – * Yankee Doddle, do or die… * – Okay, okay. | -*美国人 死战到底* -好了 |
[16:38] | Kenny, did you tell them I went to Notre Dame? | 肯尼 你告诉他们我上过圣母大学吗 |
[16:41] | No, I told them about Joey Heatherton. | 没有 我对他们说过乔依·海瑟顿 |
[16:47] | So it’s tailor-made for us? | 所以那是为我们量身定做的吗 |
[16:50] | What’s our commitment? | 我们能得到什么 |
[16:51] | Well, you’d be a corner tenant. | 你们将可以插播广告 |
[16:52] | There’s six minutes of commercials in the hour, | 1小时中有6分钟广告时间 |
[16:54] | you’d get three and then two 10-second billboards | 你还能得到30秒和20秒的广告牌 |
[16:57] | at the beginning and end of the show. | 分别在节目开头和结尾 |
[16:59] | “Brought to you by Dow Chemical, | “本节目由陶氏化学赞助播出 |
[17:01] | family products for the American family.” | 家族产品造福全美家庭” |
[17:07] | Just imagine Joe Namath in a straw hat. | 想象一下戴着草帽的乔·纳曼斯 |
[17:21] | I’m sorry to bother you, Scarlett, | 抱歉打扰 斯嘉丽 |
[17:23] | but is Mr. Crane in? | 克雷恩先生在吗 |
[17:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:27] | No, he’s in a meeting. | 不 他在与人会面 |
[17:28] | Is there something I can help you with? | 有什么我能帮你的吗 |
[17:30] | Well, if he’s expecting any special guests, | 如果有贵客将来拜访他 |
[17:32] | you should let us know | 你该让我们知道 |
[17:33] | because he had someone come yesterday and you weren’t here. | 因为昨天有人来你就不在 |
[17:35] | I must have been in the ladies’ room. | 我一定是去洗手间了 |
[17:37] | No, and it’s strange because you didn’t leave until 6:47. | 不在 奇怪的是你6:47分才离开 |
[17:42] | Oh, Joan, it’s Clara’s birthday today | 琼 今天是克莱拉的生日 |
[17:44] | and I tried to go at lunch, but I got stuck at my desk. | 我想午餐时去买 但工作太忙 |
[17:46] | So I left Mr. Crane on his own | 所以我留下克雷恩先生 |
[17:48] | while I attended to this company business. | 然后去忙这件公事 |
[17:52] | We got her a Givenchy scarf from Gimbels. | 我们在金贝尔斯商店给她买了纪梵希围巾 |
[17:56] | I have the card here for you to sign. | 我这里有要你签名的卡片 |
[17:58] | But you never came back and you had Dawn punch your time card. | 但你没回公司 而且让唐恩帮你打卡 |
[18:01] | No, Dawn and I were working together. | 不 唐恩和我一起工作 |
[18:03] | But we were all over the place. | 但我们到处跑 |
[18:05] | But mostly in accounting. | 主要待在财务部 |
[18:09] | Thank you for clearing that up. | 谢谢你澄清 |
[18:20] | Dawn. | 唐恩 |
[18:21] | Have you spoken to Scarlett this morning? | 你今早和斯嘉丽说过话吗 |
[18:23] | We’re missing the big hole punch | 我们的打孔机不见了 |
[18:25] | and I think you were the last one to see her. | 我想你是最后一个见过她的人 |
[18:27] | The hole punch is in the creative lounge. | 打孔机在创意人员休息室 |
[18:28] | Dawn, Scarlett told me everything. | 唐恩 斯嘉丽告诉了我一切 |
[18:35] | Scarlett, you’re fired. | 斯嘉丽 你被炒了 |
[18:39] | Joan, please. It won’t happen again. | 琼 拜托 不会再次发生了 |
[18:41] | Not here it won’t. Go get your things. | 在这里当然不会 收拾你的东西 |
[18:45] | Dawn, could you get Stan in here before the partners meeting? | 唐恩 叫斯坦在合伙人会议前来一趟 |
[18:47] | I’ll deal with you later. | 我一会儿再收拾你 |
[18:52] | Girls do it all the time. | 姑娘们都这么做 |
[18:54] | Just go before you really embarrass yourself. | 你快走吧 别搞得更加难堪 |
[19:02] | I hope you realize this means now you’re on Ed’s radar. | 我希望你明白 现在埃德会关注你 |
[19:04] | So will I be invited to Sunday dinner? | 我会被邀请参加周日宴会吗 |
[19:07] | Something like that. | 差不多 |
[19:09] | I don’t know where you’re going, | 我不知道你要去哪 |
[19:10] | but I want you to bring back champagne. | 但我希望你带香槟回来 |
[19:12] | Oh, Harry, I’m not coming back. | 哈里 我不会回来了 |
[19:16] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[19:20] | Joan, you owe Scarlett an apology. | 琼 你该对斯嘉丽道歉 |
[19:22] | Harry, please don’t involve yourself in this. | 哈里 别掺和这事 |
[19:24] | I’m tired of your petty dictatorship. | 我受够了你的小心眼独裁 |
[19:26] | So whatever capital crime or treason she committed, | 不管她犯了死罪还是叛国罪 |
[19:28] | she’s in my department. | 她都属于我的部门 |
[19:30] | I didn’t realize you were that attached to Scarlett. | 我不知道你和斯嘉丽这么亲 |
[19:32] | – We’re not attached. – We are attached! | -我们不亲 -我们很亲 |
[19:35] | I have something more impornt to do. | 我还有更重要的事要做 |
[19:37] | I would hope you do, too. | 我希望你也是 |
[19:41] | Scarlett, do whatever you think is best. | 斯嘉丽 你觉得怎样最好就怎么做 |
[19:44] | You are to do whatever I think is best. | 我觉得怎样最好的 你才该照做 |
[19:57] | Let’s go. Back to work. Everything’s fine. | 我们走 回去工作 没事的 |
[20:08] | I understand the confidentiality, | 我知道需要保密 |
[20:09] | but I need to know how to bill Project K. | 但我需要知道如何给K项目做账 |
[20:17] | Don’t. | 别 |
[20:18] | Meredith, why don’t you step out? | 梅瑞迪斯 你出去一下 |
[20:22] | I don’t know what she said | 我不知道她说了什么 |
[20:23] | because I’m not privy to these conversations, | 因为我不能参与你们的谈话 |
[20:25] | but I would like the chance to defend myself. | 但我想为自己辩护 |
[20:27] | – Mr. Crane, I haven’t– – No, please. | -克雷恩先生 我没有… -不 请说 |
[20:29] | Let him go on. | 让他继续 |
[20:33] | Well, it’s this simple– | 事情很简单 |
[20:34] | Scarlett works for me and Joan tried to fire her. | 斯嘉丽为我工作 琼想解雇她 |
[20:36] | She left work early and had Dawn punch her time card. | 她早退了 让唐恩帮她打记时卡 |
[20:39] | It’s pay for a minimum of five hours of work | 我们雇她每天至少工作5小时 |
[20:41] | that she didn’t do that we are paying for. | 而她没能完成 |
[20:44] | Well, it’s either me or her. | 不是我走 就是她走 |
[20:46] | – Joan? – Scarlett. | -你说琼吗 -斯嘉丽 |
[20:48] | I think you mean, “If she goes, I go.” | 我想你的意思是 “如果她走 我就走” |
[20:52] | “Broadway Joe on Broadway.” | 《百老汇乔登上百老汇》 |
[20:54] | Is there anybody in here who thought of that? | 在座有人想到这点子吗 |
[20:57] | – I did. – What the hell is that? | -我想到了 -那是什么玩意 |
[20:59] | It’s $150,000 worth of incremental business | 那是价值15万美元的额外业务 |
[21:02] | I generated while solving a problem. For what? | 是我解决一个问题挣到的 为了什么 |
[21:05] | So I can stand outside that glass and watch you all in here? | 就为了站在玻璃外 看你们坐在里面吗 |
[21:08] | – What did Dawn do? – Well, I’m almost positive– | -唐恩做了什么 -我相当肯定… |
[21:10] | Just keep talking to her because she’s a partner. | 继续跟她说话吧 因为她是合伙人 |
[21:14] | You know what? | 你们猜怎么着 |
[21:15] | I’m sorry my accomplishments happened in broad daylight | 我很抱歉我那成就光明正大 |
[21:17] | and I can’t be given the same rewards. | 我却没法得到相同的嘉奖 |
[21:20] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[21:21] | You know damn well. | 你最清楚 |
[21:24] | The next time this group is called to order, | 下次你们开会 |
[21:25] | I expect to be sitting at this table. | 我也希望能就坐 |
[21:27] | I’ve actually earned it. | 我为自己赢得了这个资格 |
[21:43] | Don’t worry, dear. That’s not going to happen. | 别担心 亲爱的 那不可能发生 |
[21:47] | Joan, I don’t want to put myself in the same camp as Harry, | 琼 我不是跟哈里站一边 |
[21:49] | but I might remind you and everyone | 但我想提醒你和所有人 |
[21:51] | the Commission on Human Rights is continuing to investigate | 人权委员会还在调查 |
[21:54] | our industry regarding the employment of Negroes. | 我们行业雇用黑人的情况 |
[21:58] | She’s a good secretary. | 她是个好秘书 |
[21:59] | Of course. | 当然 |
[22:01] | What about Scarlett? | 那斯嘉丽呢 |
[22:03] | I think this humiliation will suffice. | 我觉得此番羞辱足以为戒了 |
[22:06] | Can we continue with the billings? | 可以继续谈记账的事了吗 |
[22:08] | Yes. | 好的 |
[22:11] | Where were we? | 刚才说到哪了 |
[22:14] | “Meredith, why don’t you step out?” | “梅瑞迪斯 你回避一下好吗” |
[22:28] | I’m sorry, but I couldn’t leave. | 抱歉 但我没办法早走 |
[22:30] | I don’t care | 我不介意 |
[22:32] | as long as you brought those bridal magazines. | 只要你把新娘杂志带来了就好 |
[22:33] | What is wrong with you? | 你是怎么回事 |
[22:35] | I had a day today that pushed your stupid wedding | 我今天过得很糟 根本顾不上 |
[22:37] | to the bottom of the list. | 你那愚蠢的婚礼的事 |
[22:39] | – Did you get fired? – No. | -你被开除了吗 -没有 |
[22:42] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得没有 |
[22:43] | Who can tell at that place? | 那地方的事谁说得好呢 |
[22:45] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[22:47] | One of the girls asked me to punch out her time card | 有个女同事让我下班时帮她打卡 |
[22:50] | and we got caught. | 我们被发现了 |
[22:51] | I told you, those girls aren’t your friends. | 我告诉过你 那些女孩不是你的朋友 |
[22:53] | Yes, they are. She got in more trouble than me. | 不 她们是 她的麻烦比我大 |
[22:55] | Why do you think she asked you? | 你以为她为什么会找你帮忙 |
[22:57] | You can’t say no ’cause you’re too scared. | 你太胆小了 不敢说不 |
[23:00] | All they see is, “Yes, sir.” | 她们看到你整天唯唯诺诺 |
[23:01] | Everybody’s scared there. | 那里每个人都胆战心惊 |
[23:03] | Women crying in the ladies’ room. | 女人在卫生间里哭泣 |
[23:05] | Men crying in the elevator. | 男人在电梯里流泪 |
[23:07] | It sounds like New Year’s Eve when they empty the garbage, | 清理垃圾桶时的声音像除夕夜一样 |
[23:10] | there are so many bottles. | 叮铃咣啷全是空酒瓶 |
[23:11] | And I told you about that poor man hanging himself in his office. | 我跟你说过那个在办公室上吊的可怜人 |
[23:15] | Oh, they got it so bad, | 他们那么惨 |
[23:16] | they must all be jealous of you. | 一定都很嫉妒你吧 |
[23:19] | What am I gonna do? Throw a brick through their window? | 我能怎么做 拿砖头砸向他们的窗户吗 |
[23:23] | I want to keep my job, | 我想保住我的工作 |
[23:26] | so I’m gonna keep my head down. | 所以我要小心行事 |
[23:29] | Well, I couldn’t do it. | 我可做不到 |
[23:31] | Well, you don’t have to. | 你不需要 |
[23:33] | You’re getting married. | 你要结婚了 |
[23:36] | And dinner. | 还有人请你吃晚餐 |
[23:40] | I should have brought Dennis. | 我该带丹尼斯一起来的 |
[23:42] | You’re not even listening to me. | 你根本没听我说话 |
[23:44] | I’m sorry. I need a drink | 抱歉 我需要喝杯酒 |
[23:46] | and this place is a soda fountain. | 这地方却只有汽水饮料 |
[23:48] | I feel like I’m in high school | 我觉得我变成和这里的 |
[23:49] | right down to the clientele. | 顾客群一样的高中生了 |
[23:54] | Hello? | 喂 |
[23:56] | We’re sitting here waiting for a phone to ring. | 我们坐在这里等着电话铃响 |
[23:58] | This actually is high school. | 真是回到高中时代了 |
[24:00] | So what do you do to have fun? | 那你平时做什么消遣 |
[24:01] | I don’t look in a guidebook. | 我不会去旅游指南里推荐的地方 |
[24:02] | This wasn’t in a guidebook, okay? | 这不是旅游指南里的 好吗 |
[24:05] | My friend told me about it. | 我朋友给我推荐了这里 |
[24:06] | Is she a nun or just the right age for this place? | 她是修女吗 还是正值青春期 |
[24:10] | Apparently there are quite a few men here | 显然这里有很多男人 |
[24:13] | who go for a certain type. | 专找某种类型的女人 |
[24:18] | Joanie, don’t judge me. | 琼妮 不要评判我 |
[24:19] | I’m in New York. | 我好不容易来次纽约 |
[24:28] | Good evening, ladies. | 晚上好 女士们 |
[24:29] | If there’s anything you need, I’ll be over there. | 如果你们需要什么 我就在那边 |
[24:31] | Catherine’s got a lot of tables, so don’t hesitate. | 凯瑟琳要负责的客人很多 所以尽管找我 |
[24:34] | I’m Leo. | 我叫里奥 |
[24:35] | I’m Kate. And this is Joan. | 我叫凯特 这位是琼 |
[24:42] | Actually, I don’t think our phone is working. | 实际上 我们的电话好像坏了 |
[24:45] | – Can you test it? – I’ll see what I can do. | -你能试试吗 -我看看我能做些什么 |
[24:51] | How many girls come in here | 有多少女孩来这里 |
[24:52] | and complain that their phones are broken? | 抱怨她们的电话坏了呢 |
[24:54] | He’s cute. Reminds me of Scotty. | 他好帅 让我想起斯科特 |
[24:56] | Well, don’t marry him. | 别嫁给他 |
[24:58] | That was the worst six months of my life. | 那是我人生中最糟糕的六个月 |
[25:00] | You always did everything first. | 你总是什么事都抢在前面 |
[25:03] | But you did everything smart. | 但你什么事都比我做得聪明 |
[25:04] | Well, tonight we’re just a couple of young secretaries. | 今晚就让我们扮做两个年轻的小秘书 |
[25:11] | Answer it. | 接啊 |
[25:15] | Hello? | 喂 |
[25:16] | How did you do that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[25:17] | I didn’t do anything. He likes you. | 我什么也没做 他喜欢你 |
[25:20] | What? | 什么 |
[25:24] | Just a minute. Let me ask my girlfriend. | 等一下 我问问我朋友 |
[25:26] | He wants us to meet him after his shift. | 他想让我们等他下班后一起玩 |
[25:28] | Well, tell him you know a place. | 跟他说你知道个地方 |
[25:29] | But I don’t. Do you? | 但我不知道 你知道吗 |
[25:32] | – Should I invite him to my room? – No. | -我该邀请他去我房间吗 -不 |
[25:34] | We were just trying to think of a place. | 我们在想去哪里 |
[25:36] | Tell him to think of a place. | 让他想个地方 |
[25:37] | Do you know of a place? | 你知道什么地方比较好吗 |
[25:40] | Oh, good. | 好的 |
[25:41] | – Hang up. – Till then. | -挂吧 -到时见 |
[25:46] | Okay, now I need a drink. | 好吧 我现在需要来杯酒了 |
[25:50] | Do you honestly believe a few jokes | 你真觉得在《史默思兄弟秀》上 |
[25:52] | on the “Smothers Brothers” are really upsetting people? | 开几个玩笑会引发观众们的反感吗 |
[25:55] | I think it’s the sponsors and the network | 我觉得是投资方和电视网 |
[25:57] | don’t want to have a conversation about the war. | 不想被牵扯到关于战争的谈论中 |
[25:59] | I’d like to have an evening without a conversation about the war. | 我希望我们今晚也不要谈论战争 |
[26:04] | Darling, you shouldn’t smoke so much. | 亲爱的 你不该抽这么多烟 |
[26:05] | The weight you lose isn’t worth the wrinkles. | 为了减那点体重而长皱纹不值得 |
[26:07] | See, I think the sponsors are for the war. | 我认为投资方支持战争 |
[26:09] | They don’t want to have any dissent. | 他们不想听到任何异议 |
[26:12] | Don, you’re a writer. | 唐 你是个文案 |
[26:13] | You know this is censorship. | 你知道这就是审查过度 |
[26:15] | I am a writer and I’m against the war, | 我是个文案 我反对战争 |
[26:17] | but when you buy a commercial, | 但当你买下一个广告 |
[26:20] | you’re hoping that the consumer | 你希望消费者 |
[26:22] | is in a good mood when they hear your message. | 听到你的宣传语时心情是好的 |
[26:24] | So if you agree on a wholesome variety show | 所以如果你选择轻松的综艺节目 |
[26:27] | and all of a sudden it’s filled with satire– | 然后忽然间这节目满是辛辣的讽刺 |
[26:29] | the most threatening humor there is– | 也就是最具威胁性的幽默 |
[26:32] | you’re worried about people hating what you’re selling. | 你就会担心人们不喜欢你叫卖的东西 |
[26:36] | Megan, let’s talk about you | 梅根 我们来谈谈你 |
[26:39] | and how you found this man. | 以及你是怎么找到这个男人的 |
[26:43] | I could cast you, you know that. | 我可以选你做演员 你知道的 |
[26:46] | Yes, I’m sure he is a man who plays many roles. | 是啊 我确信他是个扮演多重角色的男人 |
[26:50] | Luckily you don’t have to worry about censorship with the show | 幸运的是你不用担心剧的审核 |
[26:53] | because it’s so tame. | 因为它没有暴露的镜头 |
[26:56] | Of course it’s for daytime entertainment. | 当然啦 那是日间娱乐剧 |
[26:58] | It’s for housewives. | 是给家庭主妇看的 |
[26:59] | It has to be a little titillating. | 必须得有点挑逗性 |
[27:02] | We have our own standards. | 我们有自己的标准 |
[27:04] | Although they’ve been very liberal with us. | 尽管他们对我们挺宽松的 |
[27:08] | But, you know, | 但是你懂的 |
[27:09] | when we do things on the show, | 我们在剧里做的那些事 |
[27:12] | it’s all very tasteful. | 倒是让人觉得高雅有情趣 |
[27:14] | Well, it’s not real life. | 那又不是现实生活 |
[27:19] | Why don’t you let me get the check? | 不如让我来买单 |
[27:21] | We go back to our pad, smoke some grass, and… | 我们回我们的住处 抽点大麻然后 |
[27:25] | see what happens. | 看看会发生什么 |
[27:27] | Sounds like fun. | 听起来挺有趣的 |
[27:30] | I don’t know. It’s late. | 我不知道 已经很晚了 |
[27:32] | It’s not. | 不晚 |
[27:34] | Look, if you don’t smoke grass, that’s fine. | 听着 如果你不抽大麻也无妨啊 |
[27:36] | It’s not everything we had in mind. | 那并非是我们的全部计划 |
[27:39] | I’m not sure if I understand. | 我不确定我明白你这话的意思 |
[27:42] | We like Megan. | 我们喜欢梅根 |
[27:44] | And we like you. | 我们也喜欢你 |
[27:47] | And we’d like to be friends. | 我们想交个朋友 |
[27:50] | Us, too. | 我们也是 |
[27:54] | Well, then… | 那么 |
[27:58] | I guess it’s not impossible under the right circumstances | 我猜在正确的情况下 |
[28:00] | for us to become better acquainted. | 我们想进一步了解对方也不是不可能 |
[28:05] | Hey, it may not work. | 或许不会发生什么 |
[28:07] | It’s a chemistry experiment. | 毕竟要看有没有化学反应 |
[28:09] | I have a big day tomorrow. You both know that. | 明天是我的大日子 你们两个都知道的 |
[28:12] | That’s work. This is play. | 那是工作 这是娱乐 |
[28:15] | I have to get up very early. | 我得很早就起床 |
[28:16] | That’s what black coffee is for. | 喝点黑咖啡不就好了 |
[28:18] | I make it delicious. | 我煮的很好喝哦 |
[28:22] | Maybe another time. | 或许下次吧 |
[28:25] | Arlene, we’ve heard “No” before. | 艾琳 我们之前也被拒绝过 |
[28:28] | I guess there’s no reason to skip dessert. | 我看也没必要跳过甜品了 |
[28:35] | What? | 干嘛 |
[28:38] | This is the best seat. | 这是最好的座位 |
[28:39] | St. Marks between 2nd and 3rd, please. | 第二和第三大道间的圣马可街 谢了 |
[28:45] | Have you been to the Electric Circus? | 你们去过电力马戏团吗 |
[28:46] | – All the time. – We’re from out of town. | -常去 -我们不是城里人 |
[28:51] | Let’s see who kisses better. | 让我们来看看谁的吻技更佳 |
[28:54] | I’m not playing this game. | 我不玩这个游戏 |
[28:56] | Because she’ll lose. | 因为她会输的 |
[29:17] | What the hell was that? | 刚刚那是什么鬼情况啊 |
[29:20] | What? They like you and they like me. | 什么 他们喜欢你 他们也喜欢我 |
[29:21] | They’d like us to be friends. | 他们想跟我们做朋友 |
[29:23] | They were so out in the open. | 他们也太开放了 |
[29:26] | It was a good strategy. | 是个不错的策略 |
[29:27] | I kept thinking he was going to ask me for a job directing commercials. | 我一直以为他是要让我导演一个广告 |
[29:31] | Maybe he was waiting for tomorrow morning | 也许他等的就是明天早上 |
[29:33] | – when we were basking in the afterglow. – Don’t. | -当我们还沉浸在余韵之中 -别 |
[29:35] | Just a pile of arms and legs. | 只有一堆胳膊和腿 |
[29:38] | I don’t know whether to laugh or be sick | 我不知道是该笑 还是觉得恶心 |
[29:40] | because now I think that’s the reason | 因为现在我认为这就是 |
[29:43] | they gave me the scene. | 他们让我出演那场戏的原因 |
[29:45] | I’m sure they’ve tried that with plenty of people | 我敢肯定他们也试过找其他人 |
[29:47] | who haven’t gotten scenes. | 但那些人最后也没得到那些戏份 |
[29:48] | Don, I have to go back to work with them. | 唐 我得回去跟他们合作 |
[29:52] | It’ll be better than ever. How long have they been married? | 那真是再好不过了 他们结婚有多久了 |
[29:55] | 18 years. | 18年了 |
[30:14] | I’m busy. | 我忙着呢 |
[30:16] | Come up for air. | 出来透口气 |
[30:22] | Would you mind? | 你不介意吧 |
[30:30] | This is my friend. | 这是我的朋友 |
[30:32] | I’m Johnny. | 我叫强尼 |
[30:35] | Joan. Pleased to meet you. | 琼 很高兴见到你 |
[30:37] | Johnny and Joan. | 强尼和琼 |
[30:40] | Bonnie and Clyde. | 邦妮与克莱德 |
[30:44] | – Do you want a drink? – I have one. | -想来杯喝的吗 -我有了 |
[30:54] | What’d I say? | 我说什么来着 |
[30:59] | What did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[31:01] | He said I’d want you. | 他说我会想要你的 |
[31:22] | Well, war or no war, | 无论停战与否 |
[31:24] | Nixon doesn’t think he’s running against Johnson. | 尼克松都不觉得是在跟约翰逊竞选 |
[31:27] | He thinks he’s running against the ghost of Kennedy. | 他以为他是在跟肯尼迪的鬼魂竞选 |
[31:29] | So does Johnson. | 约翰逊也是这么想的 |
[31:32] | I don’t know where Helen is. | 我不知道海伦在哪里 |
[31:34] | How are you both this morning? | 您二位今早如何 |
[31:35] | Frankly, we’re a little embarrassed. | 老实说 我们有些尴尬 |
[31:38] | Well, if that has anything to do with me, | 如果那跟我有关 |
[31:39] | I apologize. That was not my intention. | 我抱歉 那不是我的初衷 |
[31:42] | How are Jennifer, Bea, and the twins? | 詹妮弗 比娅和双胞胎怎么样 |
[31:44] | It’s Nathan and Steven, right? | 叫内森和斯蒂文 对吗 |
[31:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:49] | They’re well, thank you. | 他们很好 谢谢你 |
[31:52] | That display yesterday of– | 你昨天上演的那出 |
[31:54] | well, of initiative | 关于主动揽业务的行为 |
[31:57] | really caught our attention. | 很吸引我们的注意力 |
[31:59] | This is a check for $23,500. | 这是一张23500美元的支票 |
[32:03] | That’s the full commission on “Broadway Joe.” | 是百老汇乔的全部佣金 |
[32:06] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:09] | That’s a lot of money. | 那可是很多钱 |
[32:14] | So, anything else to say? | 你们 还有什么要说的吗 |
[32:17] | I’m puzzled. | 我有点困惑 |
[32:18] | What do you make a year, Mr. Crane? | 你一年能挣多少钱 克雷恩先生 |
[32:20] | 22. So what about the partnership? | 两万二 那关于成为合伙人的要求呢 |
[32:23] | You want some of the spoils. Well, there you go. | 你想要分一杯羹 我们已经给你了 |
[32:26] | We have to get bigger before we get bigger. | 我们得在扩张之前先给些好处 |
[32:28] | What a load of crap. | 真是一堆废话 |
[32:29] | – You know, Joan’s not even in yet. – Leave her out of this. | -琼都还没来呢 -你别把她扯进来 |
[32:32] | Bert, you know how important I am to this company. | 伯特 你知道我对公司有多重要 |
[32:34] | You were me. | 你以前就是做我这工作的 |
[32:35] | I was different than you, Mr. Crane, in every way. | 我跟你在任何方面都不一样 克雷恩先生 |
[32:42] | So you don’t want the money? | 所以说你不想要钱吗 |
[32:43] | No, I’ve earned the money. | 不 钱是我挣来的 |
[32:45] | But I’ve also earned a partnership. | 不过我也有资格当合伙人 |
[32:48] | I really hope some other firm doesn’t figure that out first. | 但愿其他公司不会比你们先意识到这一点 |
[32:54] | That was the most impressive thing he’s done. | 那是他做过的最出彩的事儿了 |
[32:56] | Should we fire him before he cashes that check? | 要不要在他把支票兑现前炒了他 |
[33:01] | “New York Senator Robert F Kenndy…” | “纽约议员罗伯特·F·肯尼迪…” |
[33:03] | “New York City…” | “纽约市…” |
[33:05] | – Aren’t you gonna be late? – Aren’t you? | -你不会迟到吗 -你不也是 |
[33:16] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[33:18] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运吧 |
[33:29] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[33:45] | I’m really waking you this time. | 我这回真得把你们叫醒了 |
[33:47] | Kate. | 凯特 |
[33:49] | Honey, wake up. | 亲爱的 起床了 |
[33:51] | Now you two layabouts have to bathe him. | 你们两个懒虫得给他洗澡 |
[33:53] | I have an appointment. | 我有事儿 |
[33:55] | Mom, I’m still going to work. | 妈 我还是要上班的 |
[33:57] | Do you need to throw up? | 你要吐吗 |
[33:59] | Mother, can you give us a minute? | 妈妈 能等我们一会儿吗 |
[34:08] | Why did I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[34:10] | You had some fun. | 你玩得挺开心啊 |
[34:13] | I just wanted to try it. | 我只想试试 |
[34:16] | Now you’ll go home and you’ll find everything right where it belongs. | 等你回家了 就会发现一切照旧 |
[34:20] | I’m really not you, am I? | 我始终没法像你一样 是吧 |
[34:24] | Why would you want to be? | 你干嘛要和我一样 |
[34:25] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[34:28] | Look what you did. | 瞧瞧你这一路 |
[34:30] | You came out here, | 你来到这里 |
[34:32] | you staked this out on your own. | 为自己挣得了立足之地 |
[34:35] | I always had Dennis to fall back on. | 不管我成功失败 丹尼斯都是我的依靠 |
[34:38] | Even when I went to Mary Kay. | 甚至在玫琳凯的时候也是如此 |
[34:41] | You didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[34:44] | And I never will. | 我永远都不会靠别人 |
[34:47] | How’d that happen? | 那又是怎么回事 |
[34:50] | The whole reason I even talked to Avon | 我会搭理雅芳不过是 |
[34:54] | is because I wanted… | 因为我想 |
[34:57] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[35:00] | what you have. | 拥有你的成就 |
[35:02] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样啦 |
[35:04] | You’re an executive. | 你是主管啊 |
[35:05] | It’s a title. | 只是个名号罢了 |
[35:07] | And money. | 挣的钱多 |
[35:09] | I’ve been working there for 15 years | 我都在那工作15年了 |
[35:11] | and they still treat me like a secretary. | 他们还是把我当秘书一样对待 |
[35:14] | What’s it have to do with them? | 那跟他们有什么关系 |
[35:17] | You’re there, Joan. | 你有一席之地 琼 |
[35:18] | And from where I’m sitting, it’s damn impressive. | 就我看来 真是太让人佩服了 |
[35:22] | I don’t care how they make you feel, | 我才不管你受什么委屈 |
[35:24] | it’s right in front of you for the taking. | 你的成功就在眼前 信手拈来 |
[35:33] | I’ll be back in an hour. | 我一小时后回来 |
[35:38] | There you go. | 给 |
[35:43] | Okay, I’ll draw the bath. | 好吧 我来给你洗澡澡 |
[35:47] | It’s clean, it’s simple, | 干净 简洁 |
[35:49] | and it’s tantalizingly incomplete. | 留白空间令人遐想 |
[35:52] | What’s missing? One thing. | 少了什么 少了一样 |
[35:59] | “Pass the Heinz.” | “把亨氏递过来” |
[36:00] | You mean the Heinz Ketchup. | 你是说亨氏番茄酱 |
[36:02] | It’s Heinz. It only means one thing. | 就是亨氏 就指代了一样东西 |
[36:05] | It feels like half an ad. | 感觉像半成品广告 |
[36:08] | The greatest thing you have working for you | 最有效的宣传 |
[36:10] | is not the photo you take or the picture you paint. | 并不是拍的照片或画的图画 |
[36:12] | It’s the imagination of the consumer. | 而是消费者的想象 |
[36:15] | They have no budget. They have no time limit. | 他们没有预算 没有时间限制 |
[36:18] | And if you can get into that space, | 如果你抓住了这一点 |
[36:20] | your ad can run all day. | 你们的广告能播上一整天 |
[36:25] | Well, Pete, you said I’d say it. | 皮特 你料到我会这么说了 |
[36:27] | It’s pretty bold work. | 这个创意很大胆 |
[36:29] | I think I still want to see our bottle. | 我还是希望看到我们的瓶子 |
[36:31] | I thought that at first, too, but– | 我起先也想到了 不过… |
[36:32] | We will test it both ways. | 我们会两种方式都尝试的 |
[36:36] | It’s a testament to ketchup | 那是番茄酱的身份证明 |
[36:37] | that there can be no confusion. | 绝无仅有 |
[36:40] | Let me chew on it, fellas. | 我再考虑考虑 伙计们 |
[36:48] | You’re going to be thinking of ketchup all day | 你会一整天都想着番茄酱的 |
[36:50] | and you didn’t even see it. | 而你甚至都没见着它 |
[36:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[36:54] | We’ll be in touch. | 保持联系 |
[37:04] | Well, hello. | 好啊 |
[37:07] | Hello. | 你好 |
[37:18] | Ted, you want to come in? | 泰德 要进来吗 |
[37:22] | I hope you left us something. | 希望你们有手下留情 |
[37:25] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[37:31] | It’s a bake-off? Since when? | 这什么时候变成一场比赛了 |
[37:37] | – Come on, Don. – Go wait by the elevator. | -走吧 唐 -去电梯那等着 |
[37:42] | Peggy. | 佩奇 |
[37:45] | So, what’s the difference between ketchup and catsup? | 番茄酱和调味番茄酱的区别何在 |
[37:50] | Well, catsup has more tomatoes, | 调味番茄酱有更多的番茄成分 |
[37:52] | comes in a bigger bottle, | 装在更大的瓶里 |
[37:54] | is cheaper, but tastes just like ketchup. | 更便宜 不过和番茄酱口味一模一样 |
[37:58] | Now, we know that’s not true, | 现在 我们知道事实并非如此 |
[38:00] | but that’s what your competitors are saying. | 而是你们的竞争对手一厢情愿的说法 |
[38:02] | Over and over. | 一遍遍不断重复 |
[38:04] | And they’re selling their watered-down, | 而他们还盗用你们的身份 |
[38:06] | flavorless sauce by pretending that they’re you. | 卖着用水稀释的寡淡的调味酱 |
[38:10] | Makes you angry, doesn’t it? | 让你们很恼火吧 |
[38:13] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[38:14] | But I always say | 不过我认为 |
[38:17] | if you don’t like what they’re saying, | 如果你不喜欢他们说的 |
[38:19] | change the conversation. | 就换个话题 |
[38:27] | “Heinz. The only ketchup.” | “亨氏 唯一的番茄酱” |
[38:32] | Imagine this 40 feet tall | 想象把这40英尺高的广告牌 |
[38:35] | in Times Square. | 挂在时代广场 |
[38:38] | Ketchup versus catsup– | 番茄酱对番茄调味酱 |
[38:41] | end of conversation. | 无需多言 自有分晓 |
[38:52] | – Good morning. – Good afternoon. | -早上好 -下午好 |
[38:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:11] | Joan, may I have a word? | 琼 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[39:26] | I’m sorry I was not more forthright with you. | 我很抱歉我之前没有向你坦白 |
[39:30] | I think it would only be fair if you docked my pay | 我想也许给我减薪会公平些 |
[39:32] | to cover the hours Scarlett did not work. | 来弥补斯嘉丽缺少的工时 |
[39:34] | Fair to whom? Scarlett? | 对谁公平 斯嘉丽吗 |
[39:37] | I don’t know. Fair to the company? | 我不知道 也许对公司公平吧 |
[39:47] | This is the key to the supply closet | 这是储藏室的钥匙 |
[39:49] | and this is the key to the time cards. | 这是考勤卡的钥匙 |
[39:51] | You will be responsible for monitoring both. | 你要负责监视这两项 |
[39:55] | What? | 什么 |
[39:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[40:02] | – Thank you. – Don’t thank me. | -谢谢 -别谢我 |
[40:04] | You don’t understand that this is punishment. | 你不懂这其实是惩罚 |
[40:11] | Well, I don’t care if everybody hates me here | 我不在乎是否这里所有人都讨厌我 |
[40:14] | as long as you don’t. | 只要你不讨厌就行 |
[40:16] | We’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[40:21] | So there’s two of us. | 现在有两家公司 |
[40:23] | We’re both the same size agency. | 我们规模大小都一样 |
[40:26] | You’re not afraid of a little heads-up baseball. | 你又不怕跟他们全力对着干 |
[40:29] | I only did it because no one else was supposed to know. | 我同意做这个项目是因为原本不该有外人知道 |
[40:31] | I think everything should be done in secret. | 我觉得一切都该秘密进行 |
[40:33] | Lock me in that Project K room, | 把我锁在K项目房间里 |
[40:35] | I’ll work on anything, Don. | 我什么项目都做 唐 |
[40:37] | I miss it already. | 我已经开始怀念那里了 |
[40:42] | Mind if we join the Lonely Hearts Club? | 我们能加入寂寞芳心俱乐部吗 |
[40:45] | Who says we’re not celebrating? | 谁说我们不是在庆祝 |
[40:47] | J. Walter Thompson. They bought it in the room. | 沃特·汤普森 他们当场就敲定了 |
[40:50] | Are you kidding me? We paid for that room. | 你开什么玩笑 房费还是我们付的呢 |
[40:55] | What do you know? | 谁知道呢 |
[40:56] | The biggest agency in the world. | 世上最大的广告公司 |
[40:59] | Oh, I’m glad you’re here. | 真高兴你们在这儿 |
[41:01] | See, I just got off the phone with Raymond Geiger | 我刚跟雷蒙德·盖格打完电话 |
[41:03] | and he said that you were at the Roosevelt | 他说你在罗斯福酒店 |
[41:05] | giving a presentation to the ketchup brand manager. | 向番茄酱品牌经理做创意展示 |
[41:07] | But I said that was impossible | 但我说那不可能 |
[41:08] | because how could that happen at my firm without me knowing? | 因为我们公司的事 我怎么会不知道 |
[41:11] | Because no one was supposed to know. | 因为就不该让人知道 |
[41:15] | Let me get a rye rocks and an Old Spanish. | 给我一杯黑麦威士忌和老西班牙酒 |
[41:17] | I’m sorry, Ken. Damn it. | 抱歉 肯 该死 |
[41:19] | I’ll call him. I’ll work it out. | 我会打电话给他 想办法解决 |
[41:21] | Don’t bother. | 别麻烦了 |
[41:22] | He doesn’t even want to give us 90 days. | 他连90天的提前告知期都不想给我们 |
[41:25] | There’s nothing better than being known for your loyalty. | 没什么比对客户忠诚更重要的了 |
[41:35] | You hear that, Ted? | 你听到了吗 泰德 |
[41:37] | Vinegars, sauces, and beans is available. | 醋 调味汁和豆子的广告你都可以去抢了 |
[41:39] | Help yourself. It’s a gold mine. | 别客气啊 那可是金矿啊 |
[41:41] | They’d love that. | 他们喜欢那样 |
[41:43] | There’s a pie and they slice it into pieces | 把一个派切分成好几块 |
[41:46] | and they throw the tiniest piece into the yard | 把最小的那块扔到院子里 |
[41:48] | and let all the small agencies fight over it. | 让小公司抢个头破血流 |
[41:50] | Speak for yourself. | 你说的是你自己而已 |
[41:57] | It was worth the risk. | 那很值得冒险 |
[42:02] | I think I see a friend. | 我看到个朋友了 |
[42:14] | Please, Rafe, you have a family. | 拜托 拉夫 你有家室了 |
[42:16] | I have a family that ignores me, | 我的家人对我毫不关心 |
[42:18] | that treats me like I’ve never been there. | 视我如隐形人一般 |
[42:20] | But you, you make me feel new again. | 但你 你让我觉得宛如新生 |
[42:24] | I work for you. | 我为你工作 |
[42:26] | And for her. | 也为她工作 |
[42:29] | She’s good to me. | 她对我很好 |
[42:31] | Stop fighting. | 别挣扎了 |
[42:32] | I don’t know how much longer I can take this. | 我不知道还能撑多久 |
[42:35] | This is your bed you share with her. | 这是你和她共用的床 |
[42:37] | I can’t. | 我不能这样 |
[42:47] | Rafe, we can’t. | 拉夫 我们不能这样 |
[42:49] | Corinne, don’t deny this, what’s between us. | 凯琳 别否认我们之间的感觉 |
[42:52] | Don’t deny me when I know you feel it too. | 别否认 我知道你也感觉到了 |
[42:56] | I do. | 是啊 |
[43:03] | Rafe. | 拉夫 |
[43:05] | You like to watch, do you? | 你喜欢看 是吗 |
[43:08] | Oh, Rafe. | 拉夫 |
[43:10] | And we’re clear. | 收工 |
[43:12] | Everyone to the conservatory set. | 全体都去温室棚里 |
[43:15] | – Very nice, everyone. – You did great. | -非常好 各位 -你表现得真棒 |
[43:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:23] | Megan, your agent’s here. | 梅根 你的经纪人在这里 |
[43:35] | That was steamy. | 刚刚真情色啊 |
[43:38] | So I should go change and we can go. | 我去换衣服 然后就能走了 |
[43:42] | I’ll keep you company. | 我陪你去 |
[43:54] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干嘛 |
[43:55] | Because you didn’t want me to see that? | 你不想让我看到那一幕吗 |
[43:57] | No, and I don’t understand why you’d do that to yourself. | 不想 我不明白你为什么要这样对自己 |
[44:01] | It’s a hell of a lot better than letting my imagination run wild. | 那可比让我胡思乱想要强多了 |
[44:06] | The first time you come to set is for this? | 你第一次来片场就是为了这个吗 |
[44:08] | I’ve been here for months. | 我都在这儿好几个月了 |
[44:09] | What did you think was going to happen? | 你以为会怎么样 |
[44:11] | I didn’t expect you to enjoy it. | 我没想到你还挺享受 |
[44:12] | It’s acting, Don. | 那是演戏 唐 |
[44:13] | Were you gonna brush your teeth at least before you came home? | 你回家之前会刷个牙吗 |
[44:16] | I’m sick of tiptoeing around you | 我受够了每次我碰到什么好事 |
[44:17] | every time something good happens to me. | 在你身边都得小心翼翼的 |
[44:19] | This is my job. No, my career. | 这是我的工作 不对 是我的事业 |
[44:22] | You kiss people for money. You know who does that? | 你靠亲嘴赚钱 你知道谁才这样吗 |
[44:25] | You couldn’t stop it, so I guess ruining it was enough for you. | 你无法阻挠 所以要毁了你才满意 |
[44:29] | Would you rather have not known? | 你不知道不是更好吗 |
[44:30] | You never watch the show. It’d be like it never happened. | 你从来不看那剧 那就像从未发生过 |
[44:33] | Why don’t you have dinner with Arlene and Mel tonight? | 你今晚不如跟艾琳和梅尔一起吃晚饭吧 |
[44:36] | They’re much more open-minded. | 他们思想要开放得多 |
[45:08] | That’s been out there all day. | 硬币已经放外面一整天了 |
[45:13] | Was it going to be out there all night? | 会再放一晚上吗 |
[45:36] | – Take that off. – Why? | -把这个摘下来 -为什么 |
[45:39] | It doesn’t mean anything to you. | 对你又没什么意义 |
[45:41] | It does to you. | 对你有意义 |
[45:42] | It does. | 确实 |
[45:45] | So what do you do when I leave here? | 我走以后你一般干什么 |
[45:48] | Get on your knees and pray for absolution? | 跪下来 祈求赦罪吗 |
[45:54] | I pray for you. | 我会为你祈祷 |
[45:57] | For me to come back? | 祈祷我归来吗 |
[46:00] | No. | 不 |
[46:04] | For you to find peace. | 祈祷你寻得安宁 |