时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:44] | Are you sure you don’t want me to order in some food? | 你们确定不需要我去叫点吃的吗 |
[00:46] | – Chinese? – I’m sorry this is taking so long. | -中餐如何 -抱歉耽误这么久 |
[00:50] | It’s a common mistake to not ask questions | 人们常会犯一种错误 因害怕 |
[00:53] | when you want something because you’re afraid of the answers. | 听到不好的结果 索性对想要之事不多过问 |
[00:56] | So you want something? | 也就是说你想要什么 |
[00:58] | I’m interested. | 我很感兴趣 |
[00:59] | And considering the precedent for small agencies, | 鉴于以往小公司的先例 |
[01:03] | this is how we might take you public. | 我们会让你们以如下方式上市 |
[01:06] | With one and a half million shares outstanding before the offering, | 在股票上市前保证150万股的净发股本 |
[01:10] | we’d sell 400,000 additional shares | 再出售40万股的增发股权 |
[01:12] | to the public at $9 a share. | 价格是每股9美元 |
[01:15] | – 12 a share. – It’s not an insult. | -每股12美元 -那已经不低了 |
[01:18] | Our valuation of your company was made after careful analysis. | 我们是根据仔细的分析来评估贵公司的 |
[01:21] | Of papers you spent 20 minutes with? | 就凭你看20分钟资料吗 |
[01:22] | I can’t take this to the rest of my partners, | 我虽不能把这个交给其他合伙人 |
[01:25] | but I can take it to other underwriters. | 但我可以让其他承销商来看 |
[01:28] | I’ll need these documents for 24 hours. | 文件得留在我这里24小时 |
[01:39] | These papers are spotless. My compliments to the chef. | 这些文件毫无瑕疵 容我向管理人致敬 |
[01:45] | Shall we? | 走吧 |
[01:56] | You don’t think Cooper pushed that poor banker too hard, do you? | 库珀是不是把那可怜的银行家逼得太紧了 |
[01:58] | We don’t want to lose him. | 我们可不能失去他 |
[02:00] | Certainly not. | 不会的 |
[02:04] | It’s a marvel. | 真是个奇迹 |
[02:06] | Everyone wants you, don’t they? | 所有人都想要你 不是吗 |
[02:08] | Pete, no. | 皮特 别这样 |
[02:11] | No, I believe our primary hurdle has been cleared. | 不 我认为我们的首要障碍已经顺利攻克了 |
[02:15] | And our secondary one? | 那第二个呢 |
[02:17] | Don’t worry about Don. Even at nine a share, | 别担心唐 就算是每股9美元 |
[02:19] | your part of the company alone will be worth nearly $1 million. | 光你的股份价值就接近100万美元 |
[02:26] | My goodness. | 我的天啊 |
[02:30] | You’re flushed. | 你脸红了 |
[02:33] | I drank too fast. | 我喝得太急了 |
[02:35] | I don’t think Don cares about money. | 我觉得唐根本不在乎钱 |
[02:37] | That may be true. God bless him. | 可能是这样 上帝保佑他 |
[02:40] | But he’s tired of playing in the bush leagues. | 但他早就早就厌倦小打小闹了 |
[02:42] | This capitalization will double our size | 股份制能让我们的规模翻倍 |
[02:45] | and that will turn his head. | 也会让他改变想法的 |
[02:49] | You want another? | 再来一杯吗 |
[02:50] | No. I can hardly walk and you know it. | 不要 我都快不能走路了 你知道的 |
[02:55] | I hope Clara reminded you tomorrow’s Mother’s Day. | 克莱拉提醒过你明天是母亲节吧 |
[02:59] | Thank you, I’m aware. | 谢谢提醒 我知道的 |
[03:12] | Just wanted to make sure you were still here. | 我只是想确认一下你还在 |
[03:14] | I am, but not for long. | 我在 但马上就得走了 |
[03:16] | You don’t even know what time it is. | 你都不知道现在几点了 |
[03:20] | I do. | 我知道 |
[03:21] | Because I already got up and put on my face. | 因为我已经起来过 化过妆了 |
[03:25] | Is that what you do? | 你会这样做吗 |
[03:26] | – I wondered. – I have to go. | -我很怀疑 -我得走了 |
[03:31] | Daisy, you’re a tease. | 黛西 你太会逗弄人了 |
[03:34] | What more could I give you? | 我还能给你什么 |
[03:36] | Look, the first-class lounge would be a darker place without you, | 没有你的头等舱肯定黯然失色 |
[03:40] | but you’re supposed to have your ear to the ground. | 但你也要仔细听听周围人的心声 |
[03:42] | I feel like you only call me when you want to see me. | 你好像只有在想见我的时候才会打给我 |
[03:46] | Am I going to see you tomorrow? | 我明天能见到你吗 |
[03:48] | If there’s a flight filled | 如果有航班 |
[03:49] | with P&G executives headed back to Cincinnati. | 载着保洁公司的高层们回辛辛那提的话 |
[03:52] | – How about tonight? – I have plans. | -今晚如何 -我有安排了 |
[03:55] | Some other boyfriend? The one you give all the leads to? | 另一个男友吗 让你牵着走的那个吗 |
[04:02] | With my mother. | 是和我妈妈 |
[04:04] | It’s Mother’s Day. | 今天是母亲节 |
[04:06] | Don’t go. | 别走 |
[04:08] | I have to. | 我必须走了 |
[04:11] | But my mother just died. | 我母亲刚过世 |
[04:45] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[04:48] | You told me you wanted me here Sunday morning. | 你说希望我周日早晨来 |
[04:51] | I’m here. | 我就来了 |
[04:54] | Peter, don’t. | 皮特 住手 |
[04:59] | So we’ll just maintain every other aspect of this marriage | 所以我们要保持着这段婚姻的其他各方面 |
[05:02] | except the one that matters. | 除了最重要的”那事” |
[05:05] | You mean Tammy? | 你是说塔米吗 |
[05:07] | Will you stop holding the axe over my neck? | 你能别老把我往绝境逼吗 |
[05:10] | So you’d rather I divorce you | 所以你宁愿我和你离婚 |
[05:12] | just so you know where things stand? | 好让你搞清现在的状况吗 |
[05:14] | You don’t care that I want you. | 你根本不在乎我想不想要你 |
[05:17] | I’ve taken note of your efforts. | 你的努力我记着呢 |
[05:20] | I’m going to get her. | 我去抱她 |
[05:25] | You’re gonna be sorry when this is over. | 等这事一结束 你会后悔的 |
[05:27] | You’ve given up on me at exactly the wrong time. | 你在最不恰当的时候放弃了我 |
[05:30] | I have big things coming. | 我的好运就要来了 |
[05:32] | You have no idea. | 你根本无法想象 |
[05:34] | Well, I’ll take note of that, too. | 这个我也会记着的 |
[05:57] | Could you get that? | 你能去开一下吗 |
[06:04] | Arnold. Come in. | 阿诺德 请进 |
[06:05] | I’m sorry to bother you. Do you have any wrapping paper? | 抱歉打扰了 你们有包装纸吗 |
[06:08] | It’s an emergency. | 紧急状况 |
[06:11] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[06:13] | Sorry, this is Megan’s mother Marie. | 不好意思 这位是梅根的妈妈玛莉 |
[06:15] | We passed in the lobby. | 我们在大厅擦肩而过 |
[06:17] | I thought you were Megan. | 当时我还以为你是梅根 |
[06:19] | Dr. Arnold Rosen at your service. | 阿诺德·罗森医生为您服务 |
[06:21] | – Enchante. – Are you French? | -幸会 -你是法国人吗 |
[06:24] | My kid’s going to Paris. Should I keep him home? | 我的孩子要去巴黎了 我该留住他吗 |
[06:26] | I am French, but I live in Montreal. | 我是法国人 但住在蒙特利尔 |
[06:29] | And, yes, I believe so. | 是的 我觉得你该留下他 |
[06:31] | I assume this isn’t a medical emergency. | 希望不是什么医疗紧急状况 |
[06:33] | Mitchell– that’s my son– | 是米奇 我儿子 |
[06:35] | he came home and surprised her for Mother’s Day. | 他回家了 想给妈妈一个惊喜 |
[06:38] | How long is he staying? | 他要待多久 |
[06:39] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[06:40] | I know he thinks | 我知道他认为 |
[06:40] | a morning stroll in Central Park is a gift, | 去中央公园来个晨间漫步是份好礼物 |
[06:42] | but Sylvia’s gonna expect an actual gift. | 但希维娅肯定期待一份实际的礼物 |
[06:46] | Do you want my flowers? I’m quite done with them. | 你要我的花吗 我已经看腻了 |
[06:50] | Thank you, Mother. | 谢你了啊 妈妈 |
[06:52] | You’re a lifesaver. | 你真是我的救命恩人 |
[06:59] | He’s a surgeon. He’s working on heart transplants. | 他是外科医生 在研究心脏移植手术 |
[07:02] | Wealthy, talented, handsome– | 长得帅 有才也有财 |
[07:06] | I would not leave them alone. | 可别让梅根单独和他在一起 |
[07:09] | I’m more worried about you. | 我更担心你抵挡不住诱惑 |
[07:13] | There’s poop on the stairs again. | 楼梯上又有大便 |
[07:16] | Somebody’s dog got in. | 有狗跑进来了 |
[07:18] | No, it’s human. | 不 是人的 |
[07:20] | I think it’s from the tenant. | 我觉得是那个租客干的 |
[07:22] | She wouldn’t do that. | 她才不会做这种事 |
[07:24] | She’s a junkie. She doesn’t care. | 她是个瘾君子 才不会在乎 |
[07:26] | I want her out. | 我想她搬出去 |
[07:28] | We can’t do that. | 我们不能这么做 |
[07:33] | How is your mother? | 你妈怎么样了 |
[07:36] | I got curtains. She wants to come visit. | 我买了窗帘 她想过来看看 |
[07:42] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[07:43] | We have to hire a handyman. | 我们应该请杂工来弄 |
[07:44] | Why? It’s a waste of money. | 为什么 那简直是浪费钱 |
[07:46] | Because you have no idea what you’re doing. | 因为你完全是个大外行 |
[08:06] | Herb Rennet called. He’s canceling dinner tonight. | 赫布·雷尼特来电 今天晚餐取消了 |
[08:09] | That’s a relief. | 真是松了一口气 |
[08:11] | We can still have dinner. | 我们还是可以去吃 |
[08:12] | I’d love to discuss some things with you. | 我有点事想和你商量 |
[08:14] | Let’s enjoy our reprieve. | 我们还是趁机好好休息吧 |
[08:16] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[08:21] | Close the door. | 关上门 |
[08:25] | Did he say your dinner with Jaguar is off? | 他告诉你和捷豹的晚餐取消了吗 |
[08:27] | Yes, unless it was the world’s most boring dream. | 说了 否则这就是我做过的最无聊的梦 |
[08:30] | Well, it’s on, but Pete’s not invited. | 其实没取消 只是没有邀请皮特 |
[08:32] | Herb Rennet wants a word alone to straighten things out. | 赫布·雷尼特想单独和你谈谈 |
[08:36] | Why can’t you handle it? | 你为什么不去应付他 |
[08:37] | This could be fatal. You’re going. | 情况可能不乐观 你必须去 |
[08:40] | And my plan is to pack it with spouses to limit the explosion. | 我建议你带老婆一起 场面会好看一点 |
[08:43] | Megan made plans with her mother. | 梅根和她妈妈有安排了 |
[08:44] | She thought I had a business dinner. | 她以为我今晚有商务应酬 |
[08:45] | Marie’s in town? Fantastic. | 玛莉来了 太好了 |
[08:48] | Bring her along. That’s perfect. | 把她也带上 完美 |
[08:51] | Tell her I insisted. | 告诉她我坚持要她去 |
[08:55] | In attendance I have Jim Cutler, | 出席人 吉姆·卡特勒 |
[08:57] | Frank Gleason, and Ted Chaough. | 弗兰克·格里森还有泰德·赵 |
[08:59] | Sweetheart, this is a creative meeting. What are you doing? | 亲爱的 这是创意会议 你在干什么呢 |
[09:02] | It’s for the purposes of the memorandum. | 当然是为了做备忘录 |
[09:04] | Well, Ted, some men love women, some love memos. | 泰德 有些男人喜欢女人 有些喜欢备忘录 |
[09:08] | I want to go over where we are on Chevrolet again | 我想再过一遍雪佛兰的项目 |
[09:10] | and devote our final days to overdoing it | 然后决定出最后三个创意的 |
[09:12] | on the artwork for the top three campaigns. | 最后修改期限 |
[09:14] | I cannot look at these again. | 我不想再看一遍了 |
[09:16] | I told you, they’re very keen | 我说过了 他们很喜欢 |
[09:17] | on the rocket ship thing with the astronaut anecdotes. | 火箭飞船和宇航员的创意 |
[09:20] | You told them about the astronauts? | 你告诉他们宇航员的创意了 |
[09:22] | I had to. It was too vague otherwise. | 我不得不说 不然太含糊了 |
[09:24] | I don’t want to draw any more rockets | 我不想再画火箭了 |
[09:25] | and I don’t want to stare at this work again. | 也不想重新再看这个作品 |
[09:27] | We should have never resigned Alfa Romeo. | 我们就不该放弃阿尔法罗密欧汽车公司 |
[09:31] | What, is this mystery Chevy | 怎么 那神秘的雪佛兰车 |
[09:31] | gonna be in “The Graduate”? | 会出现在《毕业生》里吗 |
[09:32] | Those things are flying off the lot. | 那些玩意儿与整个项目相差十万八千里 |
[09:34] | Frank, are you not on board with this? | 弗兰克 你不同意做这个吗 |
[09:36] | I love what you’re doing. | 我喜欢你现在的作品 |
[09:40] | I’m tired of rockets, that’s all. | 我就是受够火箭了 |
[09:43] | Could you give us a moment? We’ll continue this later. | 让我们单独谈一下 等下再继续 |
[09:50] | What is that, Shalimar? | 你喷的是什么香水 一千零一夜吗 |
[09:55] | What’s gotten into you? | 你这是怎么了 |
[09:57] | You’re supposed to be calming me down. | 应该是你让我保持冷静才对 |
[09:59] | Ted, I’ve got cancer. | 泰德 我得癌症了 |
[10:01] | What? | 什么 |
[10:03] | In my pancreas. | 胰腺癌 |
[10:05] | I told Jim. I thought he told you | 我告诉吉姆了 我以为他也告诉了你 |
[10:07] | and you didn’t want to embarrass me. | 你不说是怕我难堪 |
[10:13] | No. | 没有 |
[10:15] | Maybe it’s more of a financial issue to him, | 对他来说可能只是个财政问题 |
[10:17] | but I’m glad he can keep a secret. | 不过我很高兴他为我保守秘密 |
[10:20] | Financial? | 财政问题 |
[10:23] | The minute I cash out, I cash in. | 我的钱一旦用完 就得折算现金了 |
[10:25] | You two have to buy me out. | 你们两个得把我的份额给买下来 |
[10:30] | You have cancer. | 你得了癌症 |
[10:32] | See, if we still had Alfa, | 瞧 如果我们还有阿尔法 |
[10:33] | I wouldn’t have to worry about putting you out of business. | 我就不用担心让你们运营不下去了 |
[10:39] | First of all, | 首先 |
[10:40] | stop talking about money. | 不要再提钱的事了 |
[10:42] | Second, we are going to get Chevy | 其次 我们会争取到雪佛兰 |
[10:44] | because you’re going to do your best work. | 因为你要拿出你最好的作品 |
[10:47] | Third, you’re going to build a wing | 第三 你要去史隆-凯特林癌症中心 |
[10:49] | at Sloan-Kettering and beat this thing. | 积极治疗 战胜它 |
[10:51] | Aye, aye. | 好 好 |
[11:03] | Will you tell Jim you told me? | 你能跟吉姆说你告诉我了吗 |
[11:04] | He’ll see it on your face. | 他看你脸色就知道了 |
[11:09] | Everybody loves astronauts. | 人人都喜欢宇航员 |
[11:13] | I’ve got to go lie down. | 我得去躺着了 |
[11:23] | Well, hello there. | 你好 |
[11:25] | How are things in Glocca Morra? | 你在他乡还好吗[出自歌曲] |
[11:26] | Hello. Can you hear me? | 喂 能听到吗 |
[11:29] | I love it when you whisper like that. | 我喜欢你这么小声跟我说话 |
[11:30] | What are you wearing? | 你现在穿的什么 |
[11:32] | My uniform. | 我的制服 |
[11:33] | I have one and his flight’s delayed. | 我这有个人 他的航班延误了 |
[11:36] | Who is he? What’s he do? | 谁 干嘛的 |
[11:38] | I’m not sure, | 我不确定 |
[11:39] | but he doesn’t believe my name’s really Daisy. | 但他不相信我真的叫黛西 |
[11:42] | Use that. | 就用这一点 |
[12:01] | Do you mind? | 能帮忙按下电梯吗 |
[12:04] | 17, please. | 17楼 谢谢 |
[12:11] | I’m sorry to bother you, but we love your show. | 很抱歉打扰你 但我们喜欢你的剧 |
[12:14] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:21] | Can we get an autograph? | 能给我们签个名吗 |
[12:48] | I know you’re not waving to me. | 我知道你不是冲我挥手 |
[12:51] | Makes the delay worthwhile, doesn’t it? | 为了她 延误也值了 对吧 |
[12:53] | – Headed to Detroit? – Eventually. | -要去底特律吗 -是啊 |
[12:55] | Should we try LaGuardia? | 拉瓜迪亚机场的航班呢 |
[12:57] | They already did. Forget it. | 查过了 一样 |
[13:00] | This is why I like to drive everywhere. | 这就是为什么我喜欢开车 |
[13:02] | I’d live in my car if I could. | 如果可以的话 我宁愿住在车里 |
[13:05] | You know, with her in the backseat navigating. | 如果有她坐在后排的话就更好了 |
[13:09] | I’m Roger. | 我叫罗杰 |
[13:10] | – What’s your name? – Mikey. | -你叫什么 -麦奇 |
[13:12] | Well, Mikey, since we’re gonna be cell mates, | 麦奇 既然我们是难兄难弟 |
[13:14] | I’m going to ask the screw for a couple of drinks. | 我去问乘务员要几杯喝的 |
[13:16] | Jim Beam. | 占边威士忌 |
[13:18] | I’ll make her bring them over. | 我让她送过来 |
[13:21] | – Good idea. – I’m full of ’em. | -好主意 -我满脑子都是好主意 |
[13:27] | I want a glass of water with an onion | 我要一杯洋葱水 |
[13:28] | and bring him a double Jim Beam. | 给他一杯双份占边威士忌 |
[13:30] | And get me on that flight. | 让我也登上那趟航班 |
[13:39] | This is my day off. We had plans. | 我今天休息 我们本有别的计划 |
[13:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:46] | Well, you would rather spend | 你只是想去 |
[13:47] | the evening laughing at Roger Sterling’s jokes. | 听罗杰·斯特林讲笑话 |
[13:50] | I should return home. I’ve overstayed my welcome. | 我应该回家 我再待就该讨人嫌了 |
[14:03] | Well, I don’t know what’s happened. | 我也不知道怎么回事 |
[14:06] | I knew something was wrong. | 我就知道有什么不对 |
[14:08] | We have not had a fight. | 我们都没吵架 |
[14:12] | He’s so far away | 他很疏远 |
[14:14] | that sometimes when we’re alone, | 当我们独处时 |
[14:16] | I feel like I’m making conversation. | 我感觉我在找话说 |
[14:19] | Darling, you have confounded everyone’s expectations. | 亲爱的 你混淆了不同人对你的期望 |
[14:23] | And it is very hard to stand next to someone giving an autograph. | 站在一个给粉丝签名的明星身旁很难 |
[14:27] | – He doesn’t even care. – Of course he does. | -他根本不在乎 -他当然在乎 |
[14:30] | But he may think you belong more to other people than to him. | 但他会觉得你更属于他人 而不是他 |
[15:03] | I love coming into the city. | 我喜欢进城 |
[15:05] | It’s 25 minutes, half hour give or take, | 根据交通状况 只需25分钟到半小时 |
[15:07] | from Tenafly depending on the traffic. | 就能从特纳夫莱到这里 |
[15:10] | I always think I’m gonna go to museums and stuff. | 我总想着去博物馆之类的地方 |
[15:12] | And there’s some good ones. You’ve probably seen them. | 确实有几家不错 你很可能见过 |
[15:16] | But I always end up at Saks. | 但我最后总跑到了萨克斯百货店 |
[15:19] | And I come home | 我一回家 |
[15:21] | and Herb always says the same thing. | 赫布总会说同一句话 |
[15:24] | How much damage did you do, Peaches? | 你捅了多少娄子 亲爱的 |
[15:28] | We always do some shopping. | 我们也经常购物 |
[15:31] | My daughter is very generous. | 我女儿非常慷慨 |
[15:32] | She even invited me along to this wonderful evening. | 她今晚还邀请我共度这美妙的夜晚 |
[15:40] | You get a hold of Silver Bells? | 你联系上”白发老人”了吗 |
[15:41] | No. That doesn’t mean he’s not coming. | 没有 但不代表他不来 |
[15:46] | I’m pretty much done waiting. | 我等够了 |
[15:48] | Perhaps we should go. | 那我们不如走吧 |
[15:50] | What? | 什么 |
[15:51] | No, I think we’re gonna order now. | 不 我们开始点菜吧 |
[15:56] | Herb gets very peckish. | 赫布很饿了 |
[15:58] | I skipped lunch. | 我没吃午饭 |
[16:12] | Can I help you, Bert? | 有何贵干 伯特 |
[16:14] | You’ve already done all you can do. | 你干得够多了 |
[16:15] | Snapped this place into shape, | 将这里带上正轨 |
[16:17] | expanded our business while keeping it lean. | 扩张生意的同时保持精简 |
[16:20] | Pending due diligence, we’re done… | 恪尽职守 如今… |
[16:23] | at $11 a share. | 每股11美元 |
[16:26] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:28] | I believe I would like a drink. | 我想喝一杯 |
[16:34] | What do you drink? | 你喝什么 |
[16:35] | Do you have any brandy? | 有白兰地吗 |
[16:37] | No. | 没有 |
[16:39] | Spirits of elderflower? | 接骨木酒 |
[16:41] | No. I don’t have any laudanum either. | 没有 我也没什么鸦片酒 |
[16:44] | – Surprise me. – Night, chief. | -那随意 -晚安 老大 |
[16:47] | Bob, could you get Joan? | 鲍勃 叫一下琼 |
[16:49] | – And some ice. – Absolutely. | -再拿点冰块 -当然 |
[16:56] | When do we break the news? | 我们何时宣布 |
[16:58] | Call the meeting for tomorrow. | 明天召集会议 |
[17:06] | So there she was in the garage | 她在车库里 |
[17:09] | right among the– you know, there’s an oil stain | 就在…你知道 地上有块油渍 |
[17:12] | that Herb’s been meaning to take care of– | 赫布一直想清理掉 |
[17:15] | there she is, our little puppy, | 我们的小狗就在那里 |
[17:18] | with a full litter. | 生了一窝仔 |
[17:27] | You’re right, Mother. They must have been adorable. | 你说得对 妈妈 它们一定很可爱 |
[17:30] | There’s one yellow and one brown | 有只黄的 有只棕的 |
[17:33] | and then three sort of mixed. | 还有三只杂色 |
[17:35] | Each one at its own nipple. | 每只都嘬着一个奶头 |
[17:40] | I love puppies. | 我喜欢小狗 |
[17:41] | Not the way she does. | 没她那么爱 |
[17:47] | You know what? | 不如这样吧 |
[17:48] | Why don’t we let the men discuss the business | 我们还是让男人们 |
[17:50] | they’re probably here to talk about while we powder our noses? | 谈他们的生意 我们女人去补妆 |
[18:03] | Tall and tan and young and lovely. | 身材高挑 古铜肌肤 年轻貌美 |
[18:13] | So why are we here, Herb? | 今天是所为何事 赫布 |
[18:16] | Oh, it’s nothing serious. I just had an idea. | 没什么大事 我有个想法 |
[18:20] | There’s a kid who’s been writing fliers for me | 有个小子一直给我的一些项目 |
[18:22] | at a few of my lots and I’m really getting results. | 写宣传单 效果很不错 |
[18:27] | He’s got a good turn of phrase. | 他措辞很好 |
[18:29] | I think you’d appreciate it. | 我想你会喜欢 |
[18:31] | Is he looking for a job? | 他想来谋一份工作吗 |
[18:33] | No, he’s got a job. | 不 他有工作 |
[18:35] | I just thought that it might help you and me | 我只是觉得你我或许能从中获益 |
[18:38] | if he were to take a look at some of your work, | 如果能让他看看你的一些作品 |
[18:40] | even at the formative stages, | 即使是半成品也行 |
[18:42] | just to get his take on it. | 吸收一点他的建议 |
[18:47] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字 |
[18:50] | Fawcett. | 弗希特 |
[18:53] | Chris Fawcett. | 克里斯·弗希特 |
[18:58] | Here you go. | 给 |
[19:00] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[19:02] | It’s the name of the guy | 从今往后 |
[19:03] | who’s going to be handling your account from now on. | 你的业务由他负责 |
[19:07] | You never fail to overheat, do you? | 你就是喜欢小题大做 对吗 |
[19:10] | You know the somersaults I’m doing ’cause you’re so touchy? | 就因为你太敏感 我总是得360度大转弯 |
[19:14] | Really? A man your size? | 真的吗 你这体重还能转 |
[19:16] | You know what? | 你猜怎么 |
[19:19] | Your whole company should be taken to the woodshed. | 你们整个公司都该付出代价 |
[19:22] | First Campbell gives me the sass. | 先是坎贝尔跟我顶嘴 |
[19:25] | Then Sterling, he didn’t even show up. | 然后斯特林压根不出现 |
[19:27] | And you– huh, yeah– my friend, | 而你 我的朋友 |
[19:31] | you’re gonna be working for him. | 你会为他工作的 |
[19:32] | And he could teach you something | 他能教会你一点 |
[19:34] | like knowing where your bread is buttered. | 就是不要得罪让你们有钱赚的恩人 |
[19:38] | Why don’t you get this? | 不如这样好了 |
[19:40] | I want you to buy me one last meal. | 我希望你再最后请我吃一顿饭 |
[19:42] | I’m tired of taking it out of your account. | 我厌倦了从你们的佣金中扣 |
[19:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:45] | And if you ever see Sterling again, | 如果你遇见斯特林的话 |
[19:48] | tell him you screwed up | 告诉他你搞砸了 |
[19:49] | ’cause I’m done with all of youse. | 我跟你们算是彻底玩完了 |
[19:55] | Don’t sit down. Dinner’s over. | 别坐下 晚餐结束了 |
[19:58] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[20:03] | Never felt better in my life. | 我这辈子从没感觉这么好过 |
[20:10] | Nice meeting you. See you soon. | 很高兴见到你 后会有期 |
[20:25] | My mother needs an aspirin. | 我妈妈需要服阿司匹林 |
[20:26] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[20:49] | – Hello? – Marie. | -喂 -玛莉 |
[20:52] | It’s Roger. I’m so glad I got you. | 我是罗杰 能跟你说上话真好 |
[20:54] | If you are calling to apologize, don’t bother. | 如果你打来是想道歉的话 不必了 |
[20:56] | – It’s too late. Good night. – Hold on, don’t hang up. | -太迟了 晚安 -稍等 别挂 |
[20:59] | Let me talk to Don. | 让我跟唐说话 |
[21:01] | Did you call to talk to Don? | 你打来是想找唐的吗 |
[21:02] | Yes, but I was hoping you were there. | 是的 但我希望你也会在 |
[21:05] | You were next, I swear. | 我发誓 我接下来就会找你 |
[21:06] | You dragged me out and made me sit | 你非要让我赴宴 让我和那个 |
[21:09] | with that disgusting man with his disgusting wife. | 恶心的男人以及他恶心的妻子坐在一起 |
[21:12] | She is the apple that goes in the pig’s mouth. | 她简直就是用来喂猪的烂苹果 |
[21:15] | Marie, I swear I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. | 玛莉 我发誓不是迫不得已我绝不会缺席的 |
[21:17] | It’s just something came up, | 只是突然出了点事 |
[21:20] | something very important | 非常重要的事 |
[21:22] | that I need to talk to Don about. | 我必须跟唐谈谈 |
[21:24] | You are speaking slowly so I will understand? | 你故意说得很慢 好让我理解吗 |
[21:27] | Forget… my… name. | 给我 滚一边 去吧 |
[21:44] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[21:45] | Is it possible for me to pay for my friend? | 我可以把我朋友那份也付了吗 |
[21:49] | Yes, but it’s too late for that. | 可以 但已经太迟了 |
[21:53] | What are you bugging him for? | 你拦着他干什么呢 |
[21:55] | Aren’t I enough for you? | 有我来伺候你还不够吗 |
[21:57] | This is my friend. What was your fake name again? | 这是我朋友 你的假名叫什么来着 |
[22:00] | Curious George? | 好奇猴乔治[卡通形象] |
[22:02] | You’re a riot. | 你可真有趣 |
[22:19] | Hello. | 你好 |
[22:22] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[22:27] | Isn’t that guy a client? | 那家伙不是我们的客户吗 |
[22:30] | Is he gone? | 他走了吗 |
[22:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:39] | I have a high-level accounts question. | 我有个高级客户方面的问题 |
[22:41] | A hypothetical. | 假设性的问题 |
[22:43] | So it doesn’t involve anybody in this room? | 所以跟这间屋子里的人都没关系吧 |
[22:48] | Let’s say you caught your father-in-law | 比如你发现你的岳父 |
[22:50] | in a compromising position. | 做出有损颜面的行为 |
[22:52] | It’s every Sunday night. | 我每周日都会遇到这种情况 |
[22:53] | The guy can’t hold his liquor. | 那家伙喝起酒来就毫无节制 |
[23:02] | Last night I was celebrating at that party house up on Lex | 昨晚我在莱克星顿大道的会所开庆祝活动 |
[23:05] | and I saw my father-in-law exit the bedroom | 我看见我岳父从卧室里出来 |
[23:08] | with the biggest, blackest prostitute you’ve ever seen. | 身旁是我见过最大码最黑的妓女 |
[23:16] | Was there anyone else from Vicks there? | 还有其他维克制药公司的人吗 |
[23:18] | Not that I saw. | 我反正没看见 |
[23:19] | But we spoke. | 但我们对话了 |
[23:22] | I mean, all I said was hello, but– | 我只说了句”你好” 但是 |
[23:24] | Okay, look, when I was in high school, | 好了 听着 我上高中的时候 |
[23:28] | they had this picture come to the only movie theater in Cabot. | 当时卡波特县唯一的电影院正上映一部电影 |
[23:31] | It was called “Making A Baby.” | 叫做《造人计划》 |
[23:33] | They invited women and men separately, | 他们让男人和女人分开观影 |
[23:35] | but it was a delivery system for some filthy stuff. | 但那是为了避免下流的画面引起的尴尬 |
[23:39] | So at the matinee, I look over | 在日场放映中 我四处张望 |
[23:40] | and Mr. Miller my science teacher | 发现我的科学老师米勒先生 |
[23:42] | is five seats away. | 距离我就5个座位 |
[23:44] | And he’s not, you know, working the slide rule or anything, | 而且他不是 在负责播放电影胶片 |
[23:47] | but we see each other for sure. | 但我们肯定都看见对方了 |
[23:51] | But we both knew that neither of us should be there. | 但我们都很清楚 我们都不该出现在那地方 |
[23:55] | It was mutually assured destruction. | 说出来双方都会很难堪 |
[23:58] | So he’s not going to say anything? | 所以他不会说出去的 |
[24:00] | He can’t. | 他说不出口 |
[24:02] | Mr. Cosgrove, I have a phone call. | 科斯格罗夫先生 有电话找您 |
[24:05] | Give me a second. | 稍等一下 |
[24:07] | It’s why I don’t worry about the bomb. | 所以我不担心被揭发 |
[24:09] | It’s urgent. | 是紧急电话 |
[24:10] | I have Hugh Hibbert and John Echolls from Jaguar. | 捷豹的休·希尔伯特和约翰·埃克斯找您 |
[24:14] | Why are they calling you? Pick it up. | 他们为什么会打给你 快接啊 |
[24:19] | This is Ken. | 我是肯 |
[24:21] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[24:23] | Do you have any idea where Roger has been for the last 24 hours? | 你知道罗杰过去24小时去哪儿了吗 |
[24:26] | I don’t. | 我不知道 |
[24:28] | Draper! | 德雷柏 |
[24:29] | What in the hell have you– | 你他妈到底… |
[24:33] | – What? – You have done it again. | -怎么了 -你又故技重施 |
[24:36] | What did you say to Herb Rennet last night? | 你昨晚对赫布·雷尼特说了什么 |
[24:38] | Nothing that shouldn’t have been said last Christmas. | 都是去年圣诞节就该说的话 |
[24:40] | As usual, you have acted impulsively | 你又一如既往地冲动行事 |
[24:41] | and harmed the company irreparably. | 给公司造成了不可挽回的损失 |
[24:43] | Pete, calm down. | 皮特 冷静 |
[24:45] | We’d already lost the account. | 我们已经失去那个客户了 |
[24:46] | He was gonna bring in some kid to write copy. | 他本打算让个毛头小子来写文案 |
[24:48] | That’s because you screwed him last time. | 那是因为你上次坑了他 |
[24:51] | You couldn’t wait. | 你就是等不及 |
[24:52] | Pete, you’ve got to understand when it’s over. | 皮特 你必须明白 没前途了就该放弃 |
[24:55] | Do you know that we had a public offering underway? | 你知道我们打算公开发售股票吗 |
[24:57] | And now it’s ruined! | 现在一切都毁了 |
[25:01] | – What? – You don’t care about the company. | -什么 -你根本不在乎公司 |
[25:03] | – You’re already rich. – Not here. | -你已经很富了 -别在这儿吵 |
[25:05] | Inside. | 进去 |
[25:12] | What is going on? | 到底是怎么回事 |
[25:13] | Why the hell didn’t I know about this? | 为什么我对这事全然不知 |
[25:14] | – We’re going public? – Not anymore. | -我们要上市了吗 -不可能了 |
[25:16] | When did that happen? | 那是什么时候的事 |
[25:17] | I was going to tell you this morning. | 我本打算今早告诉你的 |
[25:18] | I tried to last night, | 我昨晚就试着告诉你 |
[25:19] | but you’d rather have dinner with Herb Rennet. | 但你宁愿和赫布·雷尼特一起吃饭 |
[25:21] | Well, I have some good news and some bad news. | 我有些好消息和坏消息 |
[25:23] | – Where the hell have you been? – Don fired Jaguar. | -你去哪儿了 -唐把捷豹扫地出门了 |
[25:25] | What? | 什么 |
[25:29] | Then I just have good news. | 那我这儿只有好消息了 |
[25:31] | We’re giving a presentation this Friday | 我们这周五要做个创意展示 |
[25:32] | on Chevy’s top secret new car. | 对象是雪佛兰绝密新款车 |
[25:34] | – What? – Friday? | -什么 -周五 |
[25:36] | Come on, you’ve been thinking about Chevy your whole life. | 别装了 你一辈子都希望将雪佛兰收为客户 |
[25:38] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[25:39] | And I have this check for $10,000 | 我现在有张1万美元的支票 |
[25:41] | because I close, Pete. I close things. | 因为 皮特 我能搞定事情 |
[25:44] | Did I mention I was in Detroit | 我提过我去了底特律吗 |
[25:46] | where my friend Mikey O’Brien– look him up– | 我朋友麦奇·奥布莱恩 去查下此人吧 |
[25:49] | said he was looking for something cutting-edge, | 他需要新颖大胆的创意 |
[25:51] | but none of the agencies had it? | 但其他广告公司都做不来 |
[25:53] | So he had a great idea. Bring us in. | 所以他想了个好主意 让我们入伙 |
[25:56] | We’re not afraid of a deadline. | 我们又不怕时间匆忙 |
[25:58] | Holy crap. Chevy. | 老天啊 雪佛兰 |
[26:01] | You want to go public? | 你不是想上市吗 |
[26:02] | How much better is it when we have Chevy? | 拿下雪佛兰岂不是更胜一筹 |
[26:04] | Don’t act like you had a plan. | 别装得好像这是你计划好的 |
[26:05] | You’re Tarzan swinging from vine to vine. | 你就是摇摆在藤蔓间的泰山 |
[26:07] | Roger, I want to know everything. | 罗杰 告诉我所有细节 |
[26:09] | Pete, go box up Jaguar. | 皮特 去把捷豹打发掉 |
[26:10] | Make sure they have all their files today. | 确保他们在今天内准备好所有文件 |
[26:12] | Joan, get the creatives in my office. | 琼 把创意人员叫到我办公室来 |
[26:14] | Get them yourself. | 你自己去叫吧 |
[26:18] | Don’t you feel 300 pounds lighter? | 难道你不觉得如释重负吗 |
[26:21] | I don’t. | 我不觉得 |
[26:22] | Honestly, Don, if I could deal with him, | 说真的 唐 如果我都能忍受他 |
[26:24] | you could deal with him. | 你就也该忍受他 |
[26:26] | And what now? | 现在呢 |
[26:29] | I went through all of that for nothing? | 我所做的牺牲都白白浪费了吗 |
[26:33] | Joan, don’t worry. I will win this. | 琼 别担心 这次我能赢的 |
[26:35] | Just once | 哪怕一次也好 |
[26:37] | I would like to hear you use the word “We.” | 我希望听到你用”我们”这个词 |
[26:40] | Because we’re all rooting for you from the sidelines, | 因为我们都在一旁支持着你 |
[26:43] | hoping that you’ll decide | 祈祷你能做出 |
[26:44] | whatever you think is right for our lives. | 你自认为对我们都有好处的决定 |
[26:57] | In my office, all of you. | 你们几个 到我办公室来 |
[27:01] | Should we go in there? | 我们该进去吗 |
[27:03] | I don’t care. | 我才懒得管 |
[27:09] | Xp-887 Xp-887. | |
[27:11] | – So we get to name it? – Possibly. | -我们可以给它取名吗 -也许可以 |
[27:13] | For now it’s all cloak-and-dagger. | 目前都还处于保密阶段 |
[27:15] | They’ve got a room full of R&D on this. | 他们为此请了一整个办公室的研发人员 |
[27:17] | But it boils down to Chevrolet’s top brass | 但简言之就是雪佛兰的大老板 |
[27:19] | trying to build the perfect car. | 想要制造出完美的汽车 |
[27:21] | They designed it with a computer. | 他们是用电脑设计的 |
[27:22] | So they’re scared. | 所以他们是害怕了 |
[27:24] | They run another agency in at the one-yard line. | 他们在最后关头又请了一家广告公司 |
[27:26] | They’re terrified. | 他们怕极了 |
[27:28] | So who else is in it? | 还有哪些公司参与 |
[27:29] | Well, the guest list limping in is as follows– | 被邀请的公司如下 |
[27:33] | Campbell-Ewald. | 坎贝尔-爱华德公司 |
[27:34] | Chevy’s right arm. | 雪佛兰的得力助手 |
[27:35] | They got 200 people in Detroit. | 他们在底特律有两百名员工 |
[27:36] | Dancer Fitzgerald Sample | 丹斯&菲茨杰拉德&山波广告公司 |
[27:38] | and Cutler Gleason and Chaough. | 以及CGC广告公司 |
[27:40] | Ha, fantastic. | 太好了 |
[27:42] | Two steamships and a rowboat. | 两只业界大鳄和一条小鱼 |
[27:43] | You had to write that down? | 就三家公司你也非得记下来吗 |
[27:46] | – There’s no pictures. – It’s a GM car. | -没有照片 -就是辆通用汽车 |
[27:48] | It’s got four wheels and an engine. | 四个轮子 一台发动机 |
[27:50] | No, it’s totally new. | 不 这是全新的汽车 |
[27:55] | I want you to go to the library | 你去图书馆 |
[27:56] | and get me everything you can on Mustang. | 给我找出所有关于野马车的资料 |
[27:58] | – And Chevy. – No, forget that. | -还有雪佛兰 -不 别管那个了 |
[28:00] | They know there’s been nothing before Mustang | 他们知道野马之前的车都称不上车 |
[28:02] | and nothing after it, | 之后也再无创新 |
[28:03] | but they’re hoping it’s this. | 但他们希望这能成为突破 |
[28:04] | No one and nothing leaves my office. | 不要向任何人透露任何事 |
[28:08] | How about that? | 感觉如何 |
[28:11] | How ’bout it? | 你说呢 |
[28:24] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[28:27] | I just wanted to watch “Hazel,” | 我就是想看《海泽尔》 |
[28:28] | but I can’t get any reception. | 但收不到讯号 |
[28:38] | I think you should go home. | 我觉得你该回家了 |
[28:40] | I love how you work every account like it’s make or break. | 我很欣赏你对每个客户都破釜沉舟的劲头 |
[28:43] | I need some of that right now. | 我现在正需要那种精神 |
[28:45] | You’ve been working plenty. | 你做得已经够多了 |
[28:47] | I have a new way to go. | 我想到了一个新方案 |
[28:49] | I’d show it to you, | 我想拿给你看 |
[28:49] | but it’s top secret and it may be terrible. | 但那是机密而且可能很糟糕 |
[28:53] | Maybe Frank’s right. | 也许弗兰克是对的 |
[28:55] | We should have never dumped Alfa. | 我们不该放弃阿尔法的 |
[28:57] | It’s one thing to want something, | 想要某种东西是一回事 |
[28:58] | it’s another to need it. | 需要就是另一回事了 |
[29:01] | This is your agency. | 这是你的公司 |
[29:02] | You’re always going to need something. | 你永远都会需要某些东西 |
[29:05] | Don’t let Frank Gleason make you question it. | 不要因为弗兰克·格里森而质疑自己的决定 |
[29:07] | Well, it’s Frank’s agency, too, Peggy. | 这也是弗兰克的公司 佩奇 |
[29:10] | And I’ve been counting on his paintbrush and his negativity | 20年来我一直靠着他的画笔和消极态度 |
[29:12] | to balance me out for 20 years. | 来找到自身的平衡 |
[29:14] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[29:16] | But I’ve spent a lot of time | 但我和悲观的人 |
[29:20] | working with pessimistic people | 合作过很长时间 |
[29:22] | and I like the fact that you’re– | 而我很喜欢你的 |
[29:25] | Do not say I’m nice. | 别说”友善” |
[29:27] | I hate it when people say I’m nice. | 我讨厌别人说我友善 |
[29:31] | I was going to say strong. | 我想要说的是”坚强” |
[29:47] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:50] | I’m just grateful. | 我只是很感激 |
[29:54] | No, of course. | 没事 当然了 |
[30:01] | Good night, Peggy. | 晚安 佩奇 |
[30:08] | Yes. | 好 |
[30:10] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[30:23] | Hold that. | 等一下 |
[30:26] | I got it. | 我来吧 |
[30:28] | You want to go celebrate? I just quit my job. | 想出去庆祝一下吗 我刚刚辞职了 |
[30:31] | What? Really? | 什么 真的吗 |
[30:35] | I had a heart and a kid who needed the heart | 有个病人能提供心脏 有个孩子需要心脏 |
[30:37] | and now they’re both dead. | 结果现在两个人都死了 |
[30:38] | I’m not gonna get the opportunity. | 我是一点挽回的机会都没有了 |
[30:40] | I’m tired of fighting. | 我厌倦了抗争 |
[30:44] | Well, you’re fighting God in a way. | 某种角度来讲 你是在和上帝抗争 |
[30:46] | Oh, bullshit. | 放屁 |
[30:47] | You don’t think God’s in Houston? | 你没觉得上帝是在休斯敦吗 |
[30:50] | My hospital chickened out | 我的医院临阵退缩 |
[30:51] | and now some asshole down there | 现在那里的某个混蛋 |
[30:53] | is taking my place in history | 正慢慢取代我的历史地位 |
[30:55] | while I piss away my life in New York City. | 而我却在纽约挥霍生命 |
[30:57] | You can’t think that way. | 你不能这么想 |
[31:01] | Fate hasn’t chosen me. | 命运并不眷顾我 |
[31:03] | Look… | 听我说 |
[31:05] | I don’t cut people open. | 我不会做手术 |
[31:07] | I don’t believe in fate. | 我不相信命运 |
[31:09] | You make your own opportunities. | 机会是自己创造的 |
[31:12] | You sure you don’t want to go for a drink? | 你确定不想出去喝一杯吗 |
[31:16] | I got work. | 我要工作 |
[31:27] | – How’d it go? – I don’t know. | -怎么样 -不知道 |
[31:31] | I was gonna sleep on it, | 我本来想留到明天再弄 |
[31:32] | but now I think I’m just gonna shower and go back in. | 现在想想还是先洗个澡 然后继续忙吧 |
[31:40] | I love you like this. | 我喜欢你这个样子 |
[31:42] | Desperate and scared? | 绝望又惶恐吗 |
[31:44] | Fearless. | 无所畏惧 |
[31:47] | And I want to do whatever I can | 我想尽我所能 |
[31:48] | to make sure you do not fail. | 确保你不会失败 |
[31:51] | Then you can jump from the balcony | 好让你有力量跳下阳台 |
[31:53] | and fly to work like Superman. | 像超人一样飞去工作 |
[32:14] | Will there be anything else? | 还需要什么别的吗 |
[32:16] | No, thank you, Daisy. | 不用了 谢谢你 黛西 |
[32:19] | Actually, can you get those lugs | 实际上 你能把丹斯公司的 |
[32:21] | from Dancer bumped off the flight? | 那些白痴们赶下飞机吗 |
[32:24] | Roger, I told you, | 罗杰 我说了 |
[32:25] | I can’t hurt the company. | 我不能做对公司不利的事 |
[32:27] | They bought most of the seats. | 这趟航班大部分票都是他们买下的 |
[32:30] | Jesus, there’s like eight of them. | 老天 他们大概有8个人 |
[32:34] | Surprised to see you here. | 在这里碰到你可真意外 |
[32:36] | Taking your kid to look at colleges? | 带你家孩子去参观大学吗 |
[32:38] | No, taking him to pick out a car. | 不是 带他去挑车 |
[32:40] | Oh. When did they add you guys to the mix? | 他们什么时候让你们也掺合进来了 |
[32:43] | When they saw your work. | 看过你们作品之后 |
[32:45] | I wish you the best of luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[32:47] | In fact, maybe we shouldn’t even go. | 事实上 或许我们根本没必要去 |
[32:50] | What are the billings for Vicks? | 维克制药的单子多大来着 |
[32:52] | Nine million? Someone’s gonna pick that up. | 9百万 总得有人接手吧 |
[32:59] | Any of you have a cough drop? | 你们谁有止咳药片吗[维克产品] |
[33:01] | I know they don’t. | 我知道他们没有了 |
[33:07] | Get him on the phone right now or I’m coming over there. | 马上让他听电话 不然我就直接去找他 |
[33:10] | I’ve got it, Clara. | 克莱拉 我得到消息了 |
[33:12] | Roger’s calling from the airport. | 罗杰从机场打来电话 |
[33:13] | He says something happened with Vick Chemical. | 他说维克制药的单子不妙 |
[33:15] | Tell my father-in-law I am not joking. | 告诉我岳父我可没开玩笑 |
[33:17] | Believe me, you do not want me in your lobby. | 相信我 等我到了要你们好看 |
[33:20] | Let me talk to Roger. | 我来跟罗杰谈谈 |
[33:22] | So it’s true? | 那是真的咯 |
[33:24] | No, I’m gonna fix it. | 不 我会搞定的 |
[33:27] | Jesus, they don’t need to hear this right now. | 天呐 他们现在可不想听到这事儿 |
[33:29] | Roger will handle it. | 罗杰会处理的 |
[33:40] | – Well? – They’re screwing with us. | -怎么样 -他们是故意跟我们作对 |
[33:43] | Really? | 是吗 |
[33:45] | Daisy’s gonna lose their luggage. | 黛西会把他们行李弄丢的 |
[34:05] | Well, apparently you didn’t get any of my calls. | 显然我打的电话你是一通都没接到 |
[34:07] | So I came down here to your lair. | 那我就只能亲自来一趟了 |
[34:09] | Spare me the outrage, Pete. | 别冲我发火 皮特 |
[34:11] | I’m tired of it. | 我受够了 |
[34:15] | Tom, what are you doing? | 汤姆 你这是干什么 |
[34:19] | I know we’re both emotional and vulnerable, | 我知道我俩都是性情中人 敏感脆弱 |
[34:22] | but I’m not the enemy here. | 但我可不是你的敌人啊 |
[34:23] | I’m an adult, as are you. | 你我都是成年人 |
[34:27] | And if anything, | 别的不说 |
[34:27] | our relationship has shown over the last seven years | 我们认识7年了 你也该知道 |
[34:30] | that I have a very short memory. | 我这人记忆力是很差劲的 |
[34:33] | Now, what can I do | 现在我该怎么做 |
[34:36] | to bring you back to reality | 才能让你收回 |
[34:38] | in this obviously impulsive decision? | 这明显非常冲动的决定 |
[34:41] | My daughter is a princess. | 我的女儿是公主 |
[34:44] | She could have had anyone. | 她当年可是想嫁谁就嫁谁 |
[34:47] | I knew there was a reason you never wanted children. | 我就知道你不想要孩子肯定有隐情 |
[34:50] | You have no business being a father. | 你根本不是当父亲的料 |
[34:54] | You just pressed the button, Tom. | 你直接釜底抽薪 汤姆 |
[34:57] | You just blew everything up. | 你把所有事都搞砸了 |
[34:58] | Well, it makes me sick thinking about the man I saw | 真是让我恶心 一想到我眼前这个家伙 |
[35:02] | being with my daughter and my granddaughter. | 是我女儿的丈夫 我孙女的父亲 |
[35:04] | Why don’t you look in the mirror? | 你怎么不先自己撒泡尿照照 |
[35:06] | You can walk out like a man | 你要识相就请自己出去 |
[35:08] | or I can have you thrown out like the lowlife you are. | 不然我就喊人把你这人渣给扔出去 |
[35:17] | If I have as low character as you say, | 如果我真像你说的那般卑劣 |
[35:18] | why would you push me like this? | 你为何还要这样逼我 |
[35:20] | You’ll do the right thing. | 你会做出正确的决定 |
[35:30] | The paint fumes are making me sick. | 油漆味让我不舒服 |
[35:34] | I got the windows open. | 我把窗户都打开了 |
[35:35] | It’ll be dry in a couple of days. | 几天后就能干了 |
[35:37] | And when am I gonna be able to walk around | 我什么时候才能光着脚 |
[35:39] | my apartment in bare feet? | 在屋子里走 |
[35:41] | Soon. We’re fixing it up. | 快啦 我们快修好了 |
[35:43] | In here, yes. But out there? | 里面是能修好 那外面呢 |
[35:46] | Those kids are living on our stoop | 楼上那帮小年轻 |
[35:48] | lighting firecrackers and playing their music. | 整天点爆竹放音乐 吵死人了 |
[35:51] | And you keep waving to them. | 你还一直冲他们招手 |
[35:53] | Look, the neighborhood is changing. | 听着 邻里环境是在慢慢变化的 |
[35:55] | We’re a part of that. | 我们是其中的一部分 |
[35:57] | I don’t like change. | 我不喜欢变化 |
[35:58] | I want everything to stay the way it was. | 我希望一切照旧 |
[36:00] | I don’t think you understand, babe. | 宝贝 你还没明白 |
[36:02] | Everything’s getting better. Johnson’s gone. | 一切都在变好 约翰逊下台了 |
[36:06] | The war is gonna end. | 战争就要结束了 |
[36:07] | We’re gonna have a new president no matter what. | 不管怎样 我们马上就要有位新总统了 |
[36:09] | Maybe McCarthy. Worst case, Kennedy. | 或许是麦卡锡 最坏也是肯尼迪 |
[36:13] | I love Bobby Kennedy. | 我喜欢鲍比·肯尼迪 |
[36:15] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[36:20] | If that’s what you want. | 你想怎样就怎样吧 |
[36:25] | I just want you to kiss me. | 我想你吻我 |
[37:07] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[37:11] | Hello to you, too. | 你也好啊 |
[37:13] | What the hell are you doing in Detroit? | 你他妈来底特律干什么 |
[37:16] | My doctor recommended an ocean voyage. | 我医生建议我来次海上旅行 |
[37:19] | Can I get one of those? | 也给我来杯那个 |
[37:22] | I don’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[37:23] | I spent six weeks on this pipe dream | 我的白日梦做了整整6周 |
[37:25] | and it’s gonna be over in two seconds. | 而这梦马上就要醒了 |
[37:30] | Hell, I knew I was good, | 老天 我知道我很厉害 |
[37:31] | but I didn’t know all I had to do was show up. | 可没想到我只是露个脸你们就吓成这样 |
[37:34] | You don’t know what this means? | 你不知道这意味着什么吗 |
[37:39] | It’s not my job to put you at ease, | 本不该由我来安慰你 |
[37:40] | but just because they brought us in at the last second | 不过他们最后关头让我们入伙 |
[37:42] | doesn’t mean you’re dead. | 并不意味着你们就完蛋了 |
[37:43] | Me? We’re both dead. | 我 是我们都完蛋了 |
[37:47] | I’ve had enough psychological warfare today. | 我今天已经受够了心理战 |
[37:49] | – Why don’t you take a table? – Think about it. | -烦请你换张桌子吧 -你想想 |
[37:50] | When it’s two top 10 agencies and me, I’ve got a chance. | 两家广告业十强公司加上我 我还小有胜算 |
[37:53] | Now that there’s two little guys, we’re DOA. | 现在变成我们两家小公司 我们铁定出局 |
[37:56] | I’m not worried. I’ve got great work. | 我不担心 我的作品很棒 |
[37:59] | Of course you do. And mine’s even better, I guarantee. | 那是当然 不过我的更棒 我保证 |
[38:02] | You know how this works. They’re gonna take our creative | 你清楚这套路的 他们会拿我们的创意 |
[38:04] | and give it to one of the big boys. | 给其中一家大公司做 |
[38:07] | Second place, tied with last. | 第二名 等同于最后一名 |
[38:13] | Come on, you know I’m right. | 拜托 你知道我没说错 |
[38:16] | So they want a name brand. | 不就是想找个名声大的公司嘛 |
[38:18] | – We had a car. – So did we. | -我们给车做过广告 -我们也做过 |
[38:22] | It’s not the same thing. | 根本不是一回事儿 |
[38:24] | It’s the size of the team. | 而是团队的大小 |
[38:25] | It’s opening an office in Detroit. | 要在底特律专门设立个办公室 |
[38:27] | This is General Motors. | 那可是通用汽车啊 |
[38:29] | They fight the war with bodies on the ground. | 他们的天下可是一步步打下来的 |
[38:32] | I saw Dancer at the airport. | 我在机场遇见丹斯的人了 |
[38:35] | Looked like half my office. | 光来的人就顶我半个办公室 |
[38:41] | This business is rigged. | 这桩生意太黑了 |
[38:46] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[38:47] | That’s what I said. | 我刚就是这么说的 |
[38:49] | Sorry about that. | 真抱歉 |
[38:52] | I’m tired of this crap. | 我受够了这些破事儿 |
[38:55] | I should just let Chevy buy my brain and put it in a jar. | 我该让雪佛兰买下我的大脑 放在瓶子里 |
[38:59] | Can I get another? | 能再给我来杯吗 |
[39:01] | Brain in a jar. | 瓶子里的大脑 |
[39:03] | Put it on your tombstone. | 用来做墓志铭吧 |
[39:07] | “Here lies SCDP, | “斯库德普广告公司安眠于此 |
[39:09] | the little company with the big ideas.” | 规模有限 创意无限” |
[39:12] | “CGC, giving away creative one car at a time.” | CGC 白送创意 一车一次 |
[39:20] | So what did you go with? | 你的广告词配什么 |
[39:23] | What, I show you mine, you show me yours? | 怎么 我们要相互交流创意吗 |
[39:25] | What’s the difference at this point? | 都到这地步了 还有什么区别 |
[39:27] | You first. | 你先来 |
[39:29] | Okay, but I’ve got to stand up. | 好 不过我得先站起来 |
[39:37] | This is a car for the young and the young at heart. | 谨以此车献给年轻人 或心态年轻的人 |
[39:40] | Because today nobody knows where they’re headed, | 因为当今的人们虽然不清楚前途在哪 |
[39:43] | but they’re not afraid of what’s around the bend. | 但他们却从不畏惧去接触疯狂的新事物 |
[39:45] | Power plus design equals adventure. | 动力加设计等于冒险精神 |
[39:48] | Throw the map out the window and hit the road, Jack. | 把地图扔到窗外 “上路吧 杰克”[歌曲名] |
[39:51] | Then I sing the song. | 然后就开始唱歌 |
[39:58] | – That’s good. – No kidding. | -很好 -不是开玩笑的 |
[40:03] | Just music. People’s faces. | 音乐 人脸 |
[40:06] | All kinds– teenagers, dads, moms. | 各种各样的 青少年 父亲 母亲 |
[40:09] | Different expressions of wonder. | 各不相同的惊奇的表情 |
[40:12] | What could this possibly be? | 这会是什么呢 |
[40:15] | It’s so new, | 它是如此新颖 |
[40:16] | this combination of power, | 是动力 科技 |
[40:20] | technology, comfort, and price | 舒适度和难以置信的价格之间 |
[40:22] | that it’s impossible to imagine. | 完美无缺的一次结合 |
[40:27] | But not at Chevy. | 但不出现雪佛兰车 |
[40:29] | The future | 未来 |
[40:31] | is something you haven’t even thought of yet. | 是你还从未想过的事 |
[40:36] | You run that for a week, | 广告放出一星期后 |
[40:39] | then you finally show the car. | 再把汽车展现出来 |
[40:44] | That’s interesting. | 挺有意思的 |
[40:47] | Hooray. | 万岁 |
[40:55] | So should we go home? | 我们要回家了吗 |
[41:03] | We– | 我们 |
[41:05] | that’s interesting. | 真有意思 |
[41:07] | Why, you want to stay just so Chevy | 为什么 你还想留下来 |
[41:08] | can put a feather in your cap? | 等着雪佛兰的垂青吗 |
[41:12] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意/创意 |
[41:13] | No, you don’t. I just heard it. | 不 你没有 我刚刚听到了 |
[41:15] | This is why everyone hates you. | 这就是大家都讨厌你的原因 |
[41:18] | Think about it. | 想想吧 |
[41:20] | Both of us have the creative, | 我们两家都有创意 |
[41:23] | but neither of us have an agency to match. | 但规模都还跟不上 |
[41:31] | Why would I do that? | 我凭什么要那么做 |
[41:32] | Because we’re dead. | 因为我们都已经死透了 |
[41:36] | Even if I were to consider that, Chevy calls the shots. | 即便我真考虑这么干 最后拍板的还是雪佛兰 |
[41:38] | Hey, Lieutenant, | 嘿 中尉 |
[41:41] | want to get into some trouble? | 你就不想剑走偏锋一次 |
[41:44] | How would that even work? | 这怎么行得通 |
[41:46] | Well, one of us, probably me, | 我们其中之一 多半是我 |
[41:49] | will have to figure out a way to make Chevy | 得想个办法让雪佛兰坚信 |
[41:52] | think it was their idea to combine our agencies. | 让我们两家联手是他们自己的意愿 |
[41:54] | And then the other one, let’s say it was you, | 然后另一个 假设是你吧 |
[41:57] | will have to figure out what the hell we’re going to present. | 得想出我们要展现什么 |
[42:00] | Well, we have partners. | 我们是有其他合伙人的 |
[42:04] | Who aren’t sitting in this bar. | 他们现在人又不在这里 |
[42:07] | Can I get another? | 再给我来一杯吧 |
[42:10] | No, we’re done. | 不用了 喝完了 |
[42:16] | We’ve got a long night. | 今晚可有得熬了 |
[42:38] | I want to make it clear, | 我事先说清楚 |
[42:39] | unless this works, I’m against it. | 除非真可行 否则我是反对的 |
[42:43] | I was just saying the same thing. | 我也打算这么说呢 |
[42:45] | Shall we? | 走吧 |
[42:47] | After you. | 你们先请 |
[43:09] | You’re not supposed to be here till the weekend. | 你周末前是不应该出现在这里的 |
[43:11] | I don’t like you surprising me. | 我可不喜欢你总是给我惊喜 |
[43:14] | Sit down, Trudy. | 坐下 特鲁迪 |
[43:23] | Did you know your father pulled his business? | 你知道你父亲中止了跟我们的合作吗 |
[43:26] | No. | 不知道 |
[43:28] | And I don’t care, Peter. | 我也不在乎 皮特 |
[43:31] | You understand that we were going to be very rich, | 你明白我们本可以非常富有 |
[43:33] | but he’s ruined that. | 但他毁了这一切 |
[43:34] | He’s done everything for you. | 他为你做了够多的了 |
[43:37] | He’s a hypocrite, Trudy. | 他是个伪君子 特鲁迪 |
[43:39] | Don’t you dare criticize my father. | 你怎么敢这样说我父亲 |
[43:46] | I guess it doesn’t matter | 哪怕我在市中心的妓院里碰到他 |
[43:47] | that I caught him in a Midtown whorehouse. | 你也觉得也没关系是吧 |
[43:49] | Just stop it right now. | 马上给我闭嘴 |
[43:52] | It’s true. With a 200-pound Negro prostitute. | 真的 他睡了一个200磅的黑鬼妓女 |
[43:55] | Ask him to his face. | 你自己当面问去 |
[43:59] | You’ll say anything to hurt me, won’t you? | 你为了伤害我真是什么都敢说 是吗 |
[44:01] | He wanted it this way. | 是他想要这样 |
[44:02] | He left me no other choice. | 他害我别无选择 |
[44:04] | You had lots of choices, Peter. | 你有很多选择 皮特 |
[44:07] | We’re done. Get your things. | 我们完了 收拾东西给我滚 |
[44:20] | Mr. Chaough wants to see you. | 赵先生想见你 |
[44:22] | – He’s back? – That’s all I know. | -他回来了吗 -我只知道这些 |
[44:37] | So, how’d it go? | 情况怎么样 |
[44:39] | We got it. We won Chevy. | 我们拿到了 拿下了雪佛兰 |
[44:46] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[44:48] | We went in together. | 我们一起的 |
[44:50] | What? | 什么 |
[44:52] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[44:53] | They wanted our ideas and a big agency, | 他们要的是我们的创意和一家大公司 |
[44:55] | so we gave them both. | 我们就都满足他们 |
[44:58] | Just for Chevy? | 就为雪佛兰这一单吗 |
[45:00] | No, we merged– | 不 我们合并了 |
[45:02] | furniture, fixtures, everything. | 家具 设备等所有的一切 |
[45:05] | I’m sorry, I don’t understand. | 抱歉 我不明白 |
[45:10] | I did this wrong once before, | 我之前做错过一次 |
[45:13] | so let me tell you how great it’s going to be | 所以这次我先告诉你未来会有多好 |
[45:15] | and you can decide if you want to come along. | 然后你再决定你是否要加入 |
[45:18] | You are the copy chief | 你将会成为全国 |
[45:19] | at one of the top 25 ad agencies in the country. | 排名前25的广告公司的文案总监 |
[45:22] | You’re not even 30. I’m jealous. | 而你还不到30岁 我太嫉妒了 |
[45:29] | I just bought an apartment. | 我刚买了一套公寓 |
[45:32] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你了 |
[45:40] | Are we moving? | 我们要搬吗 |
[45:41] | We are, and we’d like you to write the press release. | 是的 我们希望由你来写新闻稿 |
[45:45] | For what? | 关于什么 |
[45:47] | We don’t have a name yet, | 我们还没想好名字 |
[45:49] | but make it sound like the agency you want to work for. | 但要确保质量要达到你愿意效力的公司标准 |
[45:56] | Who do I give it to? | 我写完交给谁 |
[45:59] | Give it to Ted. | 给泰德 |
[46:22] | New York City, may 17, 1968. | 纽约市 1968年5月17日 |
[46:26] | For immediate release. | 即时发布 |