时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:54] | Good morning, Mr. Draper. | 早上好 德雷柏先生 |
[00:56] | Mr. Sterling’s inside. | 斯特林先生在里面等你 |
[01:00] | – Do you want ice? – Coffee. | -要冰吗 -要咖啡 |
[01:06] | It’s one thing to be near the bar, | 倚靠着吧台是一回事 |
[01:07] | it’s another thing to be under it. | 钻到吧台下面就是另一回事了 |
[01:09] | Sunkist sent us a crate. | 新奇士送了我们一箱桔子 |
[01:11] | I’ve seen blind people juggle, | 我甚至见过盲人玩杂耍 |
[01:12] | but somehow it seems to be beyond me. | 但我自己却怎么也学不来 |
[01:14] | Why don’t you just close your eyes? | 闭上眼睛不就行了 |
[01:16] | That’s what you did in the meeting. | 你开会时不就一直闭目养神吗 |
[01:17] | Whatever I did, it worked. | 无论我做了什么 反正奏效了 |
[01:19] | – We’re in it. – That’s good news. | -我们成功了 -好消息啊 |
[01:20] | Step 1, I send it to research. | 第一步 我让他们开始做市场调研 |
[01:22] | Step 2, you’ll need to get that little idea factory working. | 第二步 你得好好开动脑筋想创意了 |
[01:25] | There’s only one angle. | 只有一个角度 |
[01:27] | An orange– that’s orange on TV. | 桔子 关于桔子的电视广告 |
[01:30] | I thought they were pretty clear | 我觉得他们也很清楚 |
[01:31] | they’re too cheap to get out of print. | 自己的身价只能做做纸质印刷广告 |
[01:32] | So talk ’em out of it, or into it. | 那就劝他们放弃 或者叫他们妥协 |
[01:34] | I’d love to, but I think it demands a media strategy. | 我也想 但这需要媒体策略 |
[01:38] | Forget research. Put Harry Crane on it. | 别管什么市场调研了 让哈里·克雷恩来办 |
[01:42] | – Look at you. – See? | -你行啊 -是吧 |
[01:44] | Not all surprises are bad. | 不是所有惊喜都很糟嘛 |
[01:54] | The ants, they look like peoples. | 那些蚂蚁 就像人一样 |
[01:57] | He should be right out. Is there anything I can get you? | 他马上就会出来 你们要先喝点什么吗 |
[02:00] | I think she would like a cup of tea. | 我想她会想要一杯茶 |
[02:02] | – In a teacup. – I’d be more excited | -要用茶杯装 -我更希望 |
[02:04] | if we didn’t have to go in Ted’s plane to present. | 我们不用坐泰德的飞机去做创意展示 |
[02:07] | – Hello, Mother. – Hello, Peter. | -你好 妈妈 -你好 皮特 |
[02:10] | Manolo, may I speak with you a moment? | 曼努诺 我能和你聊一下吗 |
[02:12] | Of course, Mr. Campbell. | 没问题 坎贝尔先生 |
[02:13] | Your tea is coming. | 你的茶马上就来 |
[02:15] | I’ll be fine. I’m not a child. | 我没事的 我又不是小孩子 |
[02:19] | Peggy, would you mind? | 佩奇 麻烦你 |
[02:25] | Mrs. Campbell, nice to meet you. | 坎贝尔太太 见到你真高兴 |
[02:27] | There’s no reason for you to be so formal, dear. | 你不用这么客套 亲爱的 |
[02:30] | Sit with me. | 来挨着我坐 |
[02:37] | How are you today? | 你今天如何 |
[02:38] | I can’t tell you | 我真是无法形容 |
[02:39] | how much it relieves me to see you and Peter reunited. | 看到你和皮特再度结合 我有多开心 |
[02:43] | Well, it was really a by-product of the merger. | 也就是 公司合并造成的结果之一吧 |
[02:46] | I’m glad you both swallowed your pride. | 我很欣慰你们愿意各让一步 |
[02:49] | If nothing else but for the good of the child you have together. | 不管怎样 至少也是为你们的孩子好 |
[02:55] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[02:57] | Oh, I’ve embarrassed you. | 我让你窘迫了 |
[03:00] | Your son and I are not together that way. | 你儿子和我不是那种关系 |
[03:03] | Trudy, dear, don’t deny him. | 特鲁迪 亲爱的 别拒绝他 |
[03:05] | Don’t reject his caresses. | 别拒绝他的爱怜 |
[03:08] | Mrs. Campbell– | 坎贝尔太太 |
[03:09] | I hope you two can someday find | 我希望你们终有一日能达到 |
[03:12] | what Manolo and I have found. | 曼努诺和我这样的境界 |
[03:17] | I waited long enough | 我已经很久没有 |
[03:19] | to experience the physical satisfactions of love. | 体验过肉体上的欢爱了 |
[03:28] | Did she go to China for that tea? | 她是去中国采茶了吗 |
[03:32] | Thank you for driving her out to Bud’s. | 谢谢你开车送她去布德那里 |
[03:35] | I’ve paid you for the extra day. | 我多付了你一天的工资 |
[03:36] | I know you don’t drive. | 我知道你不开车 |
[03:37] | Well, I do, but not to her satisfaction. | 我是开车的 只不过不为她所用罢了 |
[03:42] | Bob Benson was right about you. You’re worth every penny. | 鲍勃·本森对你的评价很中肯 你确实很能干 |
[03:45] | Bob is a wonderful salesman. | 鲍勃是个出色的销售员 |
[03:47] | Still, I want you to have a little something off the books. | 不过我还想另外给你点东西 |
[03:50] | Mr. Campbell, I refuse. | 坎贝尔先生 我不能收 |
[03:52] | It’s important to me that you treat my mother well, | 你虽然应当竭尽全力把我妈妈照顾好 |
[03:54] | but also that you treat yourself. | 但你也要”善待”自己 |
[03:56] | The pleasure is all mine. | 照顾她是我的荣幸 |
[03:58] | I know that isn’t true. | 我知道你在说违心话 |
[04:05] | Sally, get in here. | 萨丽 过来 |
[04:09] | Hello. | 我回来了 |
[04:13] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:14] | Julie’s mother called and told me | 朱莉的妈妈打给我说 |
[04:15] | – you were the only two girls on the trip. – So? | -此次旅行只有你和朱莉是女孩 -那又怎样 |
[04:18] | You’re not staying in a Midtown hotel with all those boys. | 你不能和那群男孩一起住酒店 |
[04:20] | Miss O’Shea is gonna be there. | 奥希小姐到时会在的 |
[04:22] | She’s 25. | 她才25岁 |
[04:24] | What’s the point of having a mansion | 你们一直挤在这儿 |
[04:26] | if you’re gonna spend all your time in here? | 那住别墅的意义何在呢 |
[04:28] | Fine, I won’t do the Model UN. | 好吧 我不去参加模拟联合国活动了 |
[04:30] | – It was his idea. – Fine, you’re not going. | -是他让我去的 -好 你别去了 |
[04:33] | – Can’t we stay with Daddy? – You mean with no one. | -我们不能和爸爸一起吗 -你是说没人管吗 |
[04:36] | You hate that Daddy supports my dreams. | 你很不爽爸爸愿意支持我的梦想 |
[04:38] | He doesn’t think I’m just a pain in the ass. | 他可不觉得我是个麻烦鬼 |
[04:41] | Your father is a hero. | 你老爸是个英雄 行了吧 |
[04:45] | Like everything else in this country, | 就和这个国家的其他东西一样 |
[04:46] | Diplomacy Club’s just another excuse to make out. | 外交聚会无非是另一种出门寻欢的手段 |
[04:49] | I thought she should join the Student Congress. | 我认为她该加入学生会 |
[04:52] | The UN’s a joke. | 模拟联合国太白痴了 |
[04:58] | – Oh, you’re home. – Who’s this? | -你回来了 -这位是谁 |
[05:01] | This is Mitchell, Sylvia and Arnold’s son. | 这是米奇 希维娅和阿诺德的儿子 |
[05:05] | Nice to finally meet you, Mitchell. I’m Don. | 终于亲自见到你了 米奇 我是唐 |
[05:12] | Thanks again, Megan. | 再次感谢你了 梅根 |
[05:21] | What did he want? | 他想干什么 |
[05:26] | I’m sworn to secrecy, but he’s in a lot of trouble. | 我发誓要保密的 但他陷入了很大的麻烦 |
[05:30] | – What happened? – He’s 1-A. | -出什么事了 -他被编入军队了 |
[05:34] | But he’s in school. | 但他还在读书呢 |
[05:36] | He sent back his draft card in protest. | 他把自己的征兵卡寄回去了 以表抗议 |
[05:39] | They reclassified him. | 他们把他重新编排了 |
[05:41] | What did he think was gonna happen? | 不然他以为会怎么样呢 |
[05:43] | Stupid kid. | 蠢孩子 |
[05:44] | Don, he knows he screwed up. | 唐 他知道自己惹祸了 |
[05:47] | He wants to run. | 他想逃跑 |
[05:49] | You know, to Canada. | 就是 躲到加拿大去 |
[05:52] | I suppose I could call my brother-in-law, | 我觉得或许我可以打电话给我姐夫求助 |
[05:53] | but I can’t do that to Sylvia and Arnold. | 但我不能这样对希维娅和阿诺德 |
[05:56] | – Can I? – Just leave it alone. | -我可以吗 -别管这事儿了 |
[05:59] | – He’s so scared. – He should be. | -他十分害怕 -他确该如此 |
[06:05] | He can’t spend the rest of his life on the run. | 他不能把余生都用来逃亡 |
[06:09] | I know how you feel, | 我知道你是什么感觉 |
[06:12] | but you don’t want him to go to Vietnam. | 但你也不希望他被送上越南战场吧 |
[06:13] | Megan, it’s not our problem. | 梅根 这不是我们该操心的问题 |
[06:22] | Could you get me another whiskey sour? | 你能再给我叫一杯酸威士忌吗 |
[06:24] | – Sure. – Maybe I’ll switch to whiskey sours. | -好啊 -或许我也该改喝酸威士忌 |
[06:27] | How about a Shirley Temple, then? | 不如来一杯秀兰·邓波鸡尾酒吧[无酒精] |
[06:28] | I don’t think Dramamine and booze go together. | 我觉得晕海宁和酒精不该同时服用 |
[06:31] | I don’t think Dramamine and cranberry juice go together, either. | 我觉得晕海宁和红莓汁也挺不搭的 |
[06:33] | But I thought we’d be back on your little plane, | 我以为我们已经搭乘你的小飞机回去了呢 |
[06:36] | not having a romantic dinner. | 而不是在此共享浪漫晚餐 |
[06:38] | Don’t you want to celebrate? | 你不想好好庆祝一下吗 |
[06:39] | I want to live, Ted. | 我想好好活着 泰德 |
[06:42] | What? | 什么 |
[06:42] | He doesn’t like flying. | 他不喜欢乘飞机 |
[06:44] | Well, you’ve seen how simple it is now. | 你也看到开飞机有多简单了 |
[06:46] | There’s nothing to be afraid of. | 根本没什么好怕的 |
[06:48] | My father died in a plane… crash. | 我父亲就死于飞机 失事 |
[06:51] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾发生这样的事 |
[06:55] | Was he a pilot? | 他是个飞行员吗 |
[06:56] | Ha! No. | 哈 当然不是 |
[06:58] | Passenger. | 只是个乘客罢了 |
[07:00] | Look, you’re driving. | 听着 反正是你驾驶 |
[07:01] | Can we please, please have another round? | 求你了 让我们能再喝一轮好吗 |
[07:03] | You still have to get home from White Plains. | 你还是得从白原市赶回家的啊 |
[07:06] | I’ll hail a cab. | 我叫辆出租车 |
[07:08] | He’s such a New Yorker. | 他真是个典型的纽约人 |
[07:14] | This is the agency I always wanted. | 我一直想要的就是这样的广告公司 |
[07:17] | Ambition, brains, and beauty. | 野心 才智 美貌 |
[07:19] | Yeah, but what about him? | 是啊 但他呢 |
[07:22] | I’m gonna cut you off too, my dear. | 我觉得我也不能让你再喝了 亲爱的 |
[07:28] | I should call home. | 我得给家里打个电话 |
[07:30] | If the check comes, I’m sending it to Ocean Spray. | 如果账单被拿来了 我就送去给优鲜沛公司 |
[07:38] | Can you imagine what it does to his wife | 你能想象他每次开那飞机 |
[07:39] | every time he takes that plane? | 他妻子有多么提心吊胆吗 |
[07:43] | I guess so. | 我想是吧 |
[07:45] | You don’t want me to talk about his wife. | 你不希望我谈论他妻子 |
[07:47] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你根本不知道自己在说些什么 |
[07:48] | But I do. | 我其实心知肚明 |
[07:51] | I’ve seen that look. | 我见过你这种表情 |
[07:55] | I know, but… | 我知道 但是 |
[07:59] | nothing can happen. | 不会发生任何事的 |
[08:01] | And he’s in love with you, too. | 他也爱着你 |
[08:05] | You’re the one who’s in love with him. | 是你爱上他了才对吧 |
[08:06] | Well, I could use an account and he’s been generous. | 我需要一个新客户 而他又很慷慨 |
[08:13] | At least one of us ended up important. | 至少我们当中有一人现在成了重要人物 |
[08:18] | Please tell me you don’t pity me. | 快告诉我你没有可怜我 |
[08:21] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[08:23] | Because you really know me. | 因为你真的很了解我 |
[08:29] | I do. | 是的 |
[08:39] | I should tell you… | 我想告诉你 |
[08:42] | I had a very strange conversation with your mother. | 我和你母亲进行了一场非常奇怪的对话 |
[08:46] | There’s no other kind. | 和她的对话只会是奇怪的 |
[08:50] | Well, it doesn’t matter. | 其实也没什么 |
[08:52] | What did she say? | 她说了什么 |
[08:55] | I think she thought I was your wife | 我觉得她把我错当成是你妻子了 |
[08:58] | and Manuel was her husband. | 而曼纽尔是她的丈夫 |
[09:03] | My father never treated her that well. | 我父亲对她可从来没那么好 |
[09:05] | Maybe that’s it. She thinks she’s in love with him. | 或许正是因为这个 她以为自己爱上他了 |
[09:08] | I can see it. Manolo is very charming. | 我也发现了 曼努诺确实很有魅力 |
[09:12] | I don’t think you understand. | 我觉得你没听明白 |
[09:14] | She thinks she’s… | 她觉得自己… |
[09:16] | making love with him. | 要和他做爱 |
[09:19] | Tell me exactly what she said. | 告诉我她的准确原话 |
[09:22] | Did your father ever give her SPA treatments | 你父亲有带她做过SPA吗 |
[09:26] | that released a “Fire in her loins”? | 释放了她”肉间的欲火” |
[09:32] | I think I’m gonna be sick. | 我觉得我要恶心死了 |
[09:35] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[09:37] | I shouldn’t have told you. | 我不该告诉你的 |
[09:38] | But I can’t get the image out of my head. | 但我实在无法将那画面从我脑海里抹去 |
[09:40] | Stop it, please. | 快别说了 求你了 |
[09:42] | I don’t even want to think about her brushing her teeth. | 我都不想去想象她刷牙的场景 |
[09:46] | I thought I cut you two off. | 我不是让你俩都别喝了吗 |
[09:49] | Ted. | 泰德 |
[09:50] | I have never been less afraid of flying in my life. | 现在恐怕是我这辈子最不恐惧飞行的时候了 |
[09:55] | What? What does he mean? | 什么 他什么意思 |
[09:57] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[10:01] | Well, I should get the check. | 我来结账吧 |
[10:16] | Honey, who’s that gonna be? | 亲爱的 是谁在门外啊 |
[10:24] | – Arnold. – Is it too late? | -阿诺德 -现在太晚了吗 |
[10:26] | For what? Come in. | 干什么太晚了 快进来吧 |
[10:29] | Look, I would have called, but Sylvia is… | 我本想打电话的 不过希维娅… |
[10:34] | Listen, about this afternoon… | 听着 关于今天下午的事… |
[10:37] | Oh, hello, Arnold. | 你好 阿诺德 |
[10:39] | I’m sorry about my kid dropping in on you. | 很抱歉我儿子今天来打扰你 |
[10:44] | I didn’t know if I should tell you. | 我不知道是否该告诉你们 |
[10:46] | Well, he figured you would | 他猜你会说的 |
[10:48] | and I don’t want you in the middle of this. | 我不希望你卷入此事 |
[10:50] | His mother’s treating it like he’s dying. | 她妈妈弄得好像他就要死去了一样 |
[10:52] | She doesn’t want anyone to know. | 她不想让任何人知道 |
[10:56] | Do you want a drink? | 你想喝上一杯吗 |
[10:58] | Sit up here drinking | 我哪有心情在这上面喝酒 |
[10:59] | while they’re down there slamming the doors? | 他们在楼下闹得不可开交呢 |
[11:04] | Been meaning to knock on your door anyway. | 我反正也想去找你的 |
[11:06] | You know, catch a game or something. | 一起看看比赛什么的 |
[11:08] | I get baseball tickets. Mostly the Mets. | 我有棒球票 多是纽约大都会队的比赛 |
[11:12] | Well, then I’m glad you didn’t. | 那我真庆幸你没邀请我 |
[11:19] | You know, I didn’t even know he left school. | 我甚至都不知道他辍学了 |
[11:22] | Sylvia say she didn’t know either. | 希维娅说她也不知道 |
[11:25] | She’s doing that a lot lately, | 她最近经常这样 |
[11:28] | lying about little things. | 撒点小谎 |
[11:31] | Could tell something’s been wrong all year. | 我能感觉到今年有些事不对劲 |
[11:36] | – Another Manhattan? – Nah. No. | -再来一杯吗 -不用了 |
[11:40] | Should have never let him go to Paris. | 真不应该让他去巴黎 |
[11:43] | He got there right in the middle of the riots. | 他正好是暴乱的时候去的 |
[11:45] | His French is excellent. | 他法语很好 |
[11:49] | I think he got a lot of girls | 我觉得他作为一个外来革命者 |
[11:50] | as an expatriate revolutionary. | 应该有很多女孩追 |
[11:53] | Could kill him right now. | 现在却可能让他立刻丧命 |
[11:56] | There has to be a way. | 总会有办法的 |
[11:58] | Oh, believe me, everybody’s an expert on it. | 相信我 大家都变成了安慰我的专家 |
[12:00] | Sylvia’s father was suddenly Clarence Darrow. | 希维娅的父亲突然变身为克莱伦斯·丹诺 |
[12:03] | It’s thrilling to see a plumber interpret international law. | 看一个水暖工诠释国际法真有意思 |
[12:07] | You’re one of the top surgeons in the country. | 你是全国最顶尖的外科医生之一 |
[12:11] | You must know somebody. | 你肯定认识一些达官贵人 |
[12:12] | I know a lot of people, but it doesn’t matter. | 我认识很多人 可这无关紧要 |
[12:15] | It doesn’t matter if he goes back to school. | 他回不回学校上学不重要 |
[12:17] | He’s 1-A. His induction could be tomorrow. | 他当了兵 明天就可能要去部队 |
[12:20] | He’s on a damn list for the rest of his life. | 他下半辈子都是个军人 |
[12:26] | On some level you have to admire his idealism. | 某种程度来说 你不得不佩服他的理想主义 |
[12:29] | You sound like Sylvia. | 你口气和希维娅真像 |
[12:31] | But she doesn’t really buy his bullshit. | 不过她可不赞成他那套屁话 |
[12:33] | You think she’s gonna let her baby | 你以为她会让自己的孩子 |
[12:35] | rot in jail for a cause? | 为理想在监狱度过余生吗 |
[12:40] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[12:44] | What would you do? | 你会怎么做 |
[12:45] | If it was my kid, or if it was me? | 如果是我孩子当兵 还是我当兵 |
[12:48] | You were in the service, right? | 你不是当过兵吗 |
[12:49] | I was. | 是的 |
[12:51] | You see action? | 你见识过战争 |
[12:57] | It was very different. | 当时的情况不一样 |
[13:00] | I wanted to go. | 我是主动上战场的 |
[13:03] | And then when I got there, well… | 然后等我到了那里 我发现… |
[13:05] | That’s the trick. | 鬼把戏就在这里 |
[13:06] | Kids 18, 19 years old, they have no sense of their own mortality. | 十八九岁的孩子不在乎自己的生死 |
[13:10] | Or anyone else’s. | 或是其他人的死活 |
[13:12] | That’s why they make good soldiers. | 所以他们能成为好兵 |
[13:14] | Well, the Army paid for med school. | 军队资助我上医学院 |
[13:17] | I served in a hospital in Pusan. | 我在釜山的医院当过军医 |
[13:20] | We were very lucky. | 我们很幸运 |
[13:22] | Lucky enough to live in this country. | 很幸运能生活在这个国家 |
[13:24] | And service is part of that bargain. | 服兵役是代价的一部分 |
[13:26] | Sacrifice. | 牺牲 |
[13:29] | We knew that. | 我们都清楚 |
[13:32] | The war is wrong. | 战争是不对的 |
[13:35] | I’ll tell you right now, if anyone was ever gonna get it, | 我马上告诉你 如果有人会死 |
[13:37] | it’s gonna be him. | 一定是他 |
[13:39] | He’s soft. | 他心软 |
[13:42] | I’m sure he’s a good kid. | 我相信他是个好孩子 |
[13:45] | The best. | 他是最好的 |
[14:00] | What’re you watching? | 你在看什么 |
[14:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:06] | What’s the matter? I called. | 怎么了 我打过电话了啊 |
[14:10] | I didn’t want to get into it when you’re about to fly, | 我本不想在你出差前说这事儿 |
[14:12] | but you were supposed to have dinner with us. | 可你应该跟我们一起吃晚饭的 |
[14:13] | I made a mistake. We’ll do it tomorrow. | 我错了 明晚一起吃 |
[14:16] | You don’t have to make a federal case out of it. | 你完全没必要这么小题大做 |
[14:18] | Why don’t you get a legal pad | 你何不弄个便签 |
[14:19] | and write down a bunch of excuses for the next week? | 把下星期的借口都写下来 |
[14:21] | Because none of them mean anything to the boys. | 你那些借口对孩子来说毫无意义 |
[14:23] | What about food, clothing, and shelter? Does that mean anything? | 那吃的 穿的 住的呢 这些没意义吗 |
[14:27] | Remember what the minister said at Frank’s funeral? | 还记得牧师在弗兰克葬礼上说的话吗 |
[14:30] | “God can turn off the lights at any moment.” | 上帝随时可能熄灭生命之灯 |
[14:33] | You know where you’re gonna be? The office. | 你知道你的下场吗 死在办公室 |
[14:36] | This is temporary. | 这一切只是暂时的 |
[14:38] | I just have to do this until– | 我必须得这么做 直到 |
[14:39] | Until what? | 直到什么 |
[14:42] | Until you are back where you were at the old firm? | 直到你回到以前老公司的状态吗 |
[14:45] | Because things weren’t so great then either. | 因为那时候情况也不怎么样 |
[14:49] | So we’ve moved on | 看来我们已经 |
[14:50] | from I’m working too much to something else. | 从我工作太忙转移到别的话题上了 |
[14:53] | The problem is even when you do come home, | 问题是即使你回到家 |
[14:55] | you’re not here. You’re obsessed. | 你的心也不在这儿 你完全着迷了 |
[14:58] | And I can feel how disappointing this all is | 我能感觉到跟工作上的奋斗相比 |
[15:01] | compared to your battles at work. | 家里让你失望了 |
[15:03] | I’m not enjoying that. | 我并不享受工作 |
[15:04] | How did we get to the point where you think | 我们怎么会到现在这一步 你竟然以为 |
[15:06] | I don’t want you to enjoy things? | 我不希望你有享受之事呢 |
[15:10] | I know you like having a young copywrerer in your airplane. | 我知道你喜欢飞机里坐着个年轻的文案 |
[15:13] | Come on, Pete was there, too. | 拜托 皮特也去了的 |
[15:15] | I know you like facing Don Draper | 我知道比起客户 你更喜欢 |
[15:17] | every morning more than the clients. | 每天早上跟唐·德雷柏打交道 |
[15:25] | How was your day? | 你今天如何 |
[15:28] | I just wish you liked being here more. | 我只是希望你更喜欢待在家里 |
[15:38] | Could you get Mr. Campbell? | 叫坎贝尔先生过来 |
[15:40] | Do you want to see him before the status meeting? | 你想在例会前见他吗 |
[15:42] | – Ugh, when’s that? – Now. | -例会是什么时候 -现在 |
[15:44] | And I also need to know if you’re attending the Chevrolet dinner. | 我还要知道你参不参加跟雪佛兰的晚餐 |
[15:46] | – When’s that? – Tonight. | -什么时候 -今晚 |
[15:49] | – Morning. – May I speak with you? | -早 -我能跟你说句话吗 |
[16:00] | Does your friend still work at the Department of Defense? | 你那个朋友还在国防部工作吗 |
[16:02] | No, he left for Union Carbide. | 不 他去了联合碳化物公司 |
[16:04] | But he probably still has pull over there. | 但他在那边应该还有人脉 |
[16:07] | What happened now? | 又发生什么了 |
[16:11] | You must know plenty of people with kids getting deferments. | 你一定知道很多人为孩子搞到了缓役 |
[16:14] | How are they doing that? | 他们怎么做到的 |
[16:15] | They go to college. | 孩子去上大学 |
[16:17] | Divinity school. Medical baloney. | 神学院 医学院什么的 |
[16:19] | No, it’s too late for that. | 不 太迟了 |
[16:20] | I need someone who can really pull strings. | 我需要权力很大的人 |
[16:22] | Well, aren’t you having dinner with General Motors, | 你不是要和通用汽车的人吃饭吗 |
[16:23] | one of the largest defense contractors in the world? | 他们是最大的国防项目承包商之一 |
[16:27] | What are the politics of that? | 他们怎么施加政治影响 |
[16:28] | I don’t know, Don. I’m not on Chevy. | 我不知道 唐 我不属于雪佛兰项目 |
[16:32] | Shall we? | 我们走吧 |
[16:34] | That’s not my fault. | 那不是我的错 |
[16:37] | Don’t worry. If I had Chevy | 别担心 如果我要负责雪佛兰 |
[16:39] | I wouldn’t be able to devote my full attention to Ocean Spray. | 就没机会把精力全放在优鲜沛上 |
[16:44] | – Cranberries? – Cranberry cocktail. | -蔓越橘吗 -蔓越橘汁鸡尾酒 |
[16:46] | And they like us so much | 他们很喜欢我们 |
[16:46] | they might even give us the blends. | 说不定会把混合饮料也给我们 |
[16:48] | – What about Sunkist? – What about it? | -新奇士怎么办 -什么意思 |
[16:51] | It’s orange juice. | 新奇士是橙汁 |
[16:53] | Morning, everyone. | 早安 各位 |
[16:55] | – Did you know about Sunkist? – What about it? | -你知道新奇士吗 -怎么了 |
[16:57] | Don told Harry to put together a media plan right away. | 唐让哈里立刻制定媒体计划 |
[17:00] | Why didn’t you tell us about that? | 你怎么没告诉我们 |
[17:02] | Isn’t this the meeting where I tell you? | 我这不正想在例会上告诉你吗 |
[17:04] | Are we having this meeting? | 例会开始了吗 |
[17:06] | Why didn’t you tell us you were presenting to Ocean Spray? | 你为什么不告诉我们你们要为优鲜沛做展示 |
[17:07] | There’s been a series of memos. | 备忘录上一直有写 |
[17:09] | Didn’t you wonder where everybody was? | 你就不好奇大家都在干什么吗 |
[17:11] | – We can’t present to both. – Which one is bigger? | -我们不能两家都做展示 -哪个单子大点 |
[17:15] | They’re about the same. Three million. | 差不多 都是三百万 |
[17:17] | We’ve already spent $5,000 on Ocean Spray. | 我们已经在优鲜沛上花了5千美元 |
[17:19] | What about our trip to California? | 我们还去过加州呢 |
[17:21] | Was it $5,000? | 花了5千吗 |
[17:23] | I have a lot of receipts. I haven’t figured it out yet. | 我有很多收据 我还没来得及算 |
[17:26] | Why don’t you join this company and read a memo once in a while? | 你能不能做好公司一份子 没事读读备忘录 |
[17:36] | Maybe they’re not a conflict. | 也许他们并不冲突 |
[17:38] | We don’t have either yet. | 我们一家都没拿下呢 |
[17:40] | I really didn’t know. | 我真不知道 |
[17:49] | I warned you about the memos, Ted. | 我警告过你关于备忘录的事 泰德 |
[17:51] | The more you send, the less they get read. | 你写的越多 他们读的越少 |
[17:54] | Imagine if every time Ginger Rogers jumped in the air, | 想象一下每次金吉·罗杰斯跳到空中 |
[17:57] | Fred Astaire punched her in the face. | 弗莱德·艾斯特尔都一拳打到她脸上 |
[18:01] | Why are you taking this to heart? | 你为何如此在意 |
[18:03] | Because it’s directed at me. Can you not see that? | 因为这完全是针对我的 你看不出来吗 |
[18:07] | So what? You know we’ll end up with just one juice. | 那又怎样 你知道我们只能选一家果汁 |
[18:10] | I don’t want his juice. I want my juice. | 我不想要他的果汁 我要我的 |
[18:13] | It’s all your juice. | 所有果汁都是你的 |
[18:15] | Tell him that. | 你倒对他说啊 |
[18:24] | Michigan’s in the Big 10. | 密歇根属于十大联盟 |
[18:26] | Ron Kutchinski just ran the fastest half mile in the world. | 罗恩·克钦斯基在半英里跑中排名第一 |
[18:29] | He’s going to the Olympics. | 他会参加奥运会 |
[18:30] | You’re selling yourself short. | 你小瞧自己了 |
[18:31] | I’m telling you, they would be lucky to have you. | 我告诉你 有你是他们的幸运 |
[18:34] | I got it. | 我来 |
[18:40] | Look at this. Got a couple of high fashion models. | 瞧瞧 两位时髦模特 |
[18:43] | Aren’t you a gentleman? | 你真是绅士 |
[18:45] | – Hey. – Hello. | -你们好 -你好 |
[18:48] | Youse two don’t know each other. | 你们都不认识对方 |
[18:49] | These are my two favorite people. | 这是我最喜欢的两个人 |
[18:51] | Mitchell Rosen, 16A, I’d like you to meet | 米奇·罗森 16层A 我为你引见 |
[18:53] | Sally Draper, 17B and all points north. | 萨丽·德雷柏 17层B朝北 |
[18:57] | I’m Julie. I’m crashing at Sally’s. | 我是朱莉 今晚在萨丽家住 |
[19:01] | Cool. | 真好 |
[19:03] | They were supposed to leave a key for me. I lost mine. | 他们应该给我留了钥匙 我的丢了 |
[19:06] | Nobody said nothing to me, but that don’t mean nothing. | 没人给我说过 但没关系 |
[19:08] | We were going to go out for dinner tonight. | 我们今晚准备出去吃饭 |
[19:11] | – What’s good around here? – His mother’s cooking. | -哪家菜做得好 -他妈妈做得好 |
[19:14] | Around here it’s just old people. | 这附近只有老人 |
[19:17] | Are you a musician? | 你是音乐家吗 |
[19:20] | ‘Cause you look like one. | 因为你看起来像 |
[19:21] | Who? | 像谁 |
[19:23] | I don’t see it. I’ll let you in. | 我没找到 我带你进去 |
[19:27] | – Oh, good day to you, Mrs. Rosen. – Hello. | -您好 罗森太太 -你好 |
[19:29] | Mitchell, did you get a cab? | 米奇 你叫出租车了吗 |
[19:30] | – I was waiting for you. – You’re unbelievable. | -我在等你 -你真是令人难以置信 |
[19:32] | I got it, Mrs. Rosen. Do you know Sally and…? | 我来 罗森太太 你认识萨丽和… |
[19:35] | – I’m Julie. – I’m sorry, girls, we’re in a bit of a rush. | -我是朱莉 -抱歉 姑娘们 我们赶时间 |
[19:38] | I’ll get you a cab lickety-split. | 我马上给你叫出租车 |
[19:41] | Bring them right back. | 用完还回来 |
[19:46] | You’re living with Mark Lindsay. | 你简直跟帅音乐家马克·林赛住一起 |
[19:48] | I don’t live here. | 我不住这里 |
[19:54] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干什么 |
[19:56] | I said I’d meet you at La Grenouille. | 我说过在青蛙法式餐厅见 |
[19:57] | Dorothy, you must let me manage your calendar. | 多萝茜 你一定要让我帮你管理日程安排 |
[20:00] | I’m not standing in the hallway. | 我可不要一直站在走廊 |
[20:03] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[20:07] | You get ready, Mr. Campbell. I’ll entertain her. | 你去准备吧 坎贝尔先生 我陪着她 |
[20:11] | Actually, Manolo I’d like my mother to myself this evening. | 曼努诺 实际上今晚我想和母亲独处 |
[20:15] | Very well. Good night, my sweet. | 当然 晚安 我的甜心 |
[20:21] | Must he? | 他一定要走吗 |
[20:22] | He has other plans, Mother. | 他有别的安排了 妈妈 |
[20:25] | Yes, Dorothy. I’ll be there when you wake. | 是的 多萝茜 你明早醒来就能见到我了 |
[20:38] | – Can I fix you something? – No. | -要给你弄点喝的吗 -不用了 |
[20:40] | Manolo doesn’t like me to drink. | 曼努诺不喜欢我喝酒 |
[20:42] | He likes me sharp. | 他喜欢清醒敏锐的我 |
[20:47] | It’s so nice the way he looks after you. | 他对你照顾得真是无微不至啊 |
[20:50] | Oh, Peter, he’s a gift to me. | 皮特 他是上天赐给我的礼物 |
[20:53] | I just wanted to make sure you’re aware | 我只是想确保你知道 |
[20:56] | he’s your nurse. | 他是你的看护 |
[20:58] | You are prone to moments of confusion. | 你很容易把事情搞混淆 |
[21:00] | I suppose there’s a way I could mistake | 我想我的确有可能错把你的语气 |
[21:03] | your tone for concern. | 当作对我的担心 |
[21:06] | I am concerned that you have– | 我是担心你 |
[21:09] | how do I put this? | 怎么说呢 |
[21:12] | –misconstrued Manolo’s attention for affection. | 把曼努诺对你的关心误解为喜爱 |
[21:16] | If we’re going to have an adult conversation, | 如果你想和我进行成人间的对话 |
[21:19] | let’s have an adult conversation. | 那就把话说明白吧 |
[21:21] | Has he taken advantage of you? | 他有没有占你便宜 |
[21:23] | Manny has awakened a part of me | 曼尼唤醒了我身体中 |
[21:25] | that was long dormant. | 沉睡已久的一部分 |
[21:28] | Don’t you think I’m entitled to the pleasures of love? | 难道你不觉得我有资格享受爱的欢愉吗 |
[21:32] | Do not be more specific. | 不要说得更具体了 |
[21:34] | Since when is it any of your business what goes on in my bedroom? | 我的房中事从何时开始跟你有关系了 |
[21:38] | I am afraid that we are going to have to let him go. | 恐怕我们不得不把他辞退了 |
[21:41] | Oh, no. What did he do? | 不 他做错什么了 |
[21:44] | He’s a pervert. | 他是个变态狂 |
[21:48] | You were a sour little boy. | 你小时候就尖酸刻薄 |
[21:51] | And you’re a sour little man. | 现在仍是个尖酸刻薄的小男人 |
[21:53] | How could I expect you to be understanding? | 我怎么会期望你能理解我 |
[21:57] | You’ve always been unlovable. | 你一直都这么让人讨厌 |
[22:02] | Now I’ve lost my appetite. | 我现在完全没胃口了 |
[22:04] | I’m leaving. | 我走了 |
[22:05] | You’ll never find your way home. | 你永远找不到回家的路 |
[22:08] | I have carfare | 我有车钱 |
[22:10] | and a piece of paper with my address | 还有张纸上有他隽秀的字迹 |
[22:12] | written in his elegant handwriting. | 写着我的住址 |
[22:17] | Mother. | 妈妈 |
[22:29] | Cheesecake? Chocolate cake? | 奶酪蛋糕还是巧克力蛋糕 |
[22:31] | – Two of everything. – And another round. | -每样要两份 -再上一轮酒 |
[22:33] | – Why not? – Oh, I can never get enough of it. | -为何不呢 -我永远都喝不够 |
[22:36] | Growing up in Cleveland, | 我在克利夫兰长大 |
[22:37] | my dad would take me right on Lake Erie. | 我父亲常带我去伊利湖 |
[22:38] | But, eh, water’s gone bad now. | 但现在那里的水质变差了 |
[22:40] | You should go to Florida. | 你该去佛罗里达 |
[22:42] | Saltwater. Down off the Keys where the marlin run. | 咸水区 沿礁岛群向南 去枪鱼密集的地方 |
[22:44] | Write your own Hemmingway story. | 谱写你自己的《老人与海》 |
[22:46] | And if you don’t catch anything, | 要是什么都钓不到 |
[22:47] | you have to blow your brains out. | 就得饮枪自尽 |
[22:52] | So, Ross, where do you take your kid fishing? | 罗斯 你带你的孩子去哪里钓鱼 |
[22:54] | I just got the two girls, | 我只有两个女儿 |
[22:54] | and they could never keep their mouths shut. | 她们总是叽叽喳喳说个不停 |
[22:56] | But my grandson’s just like me. | 但我的孙子和我很像 |
[22:58] | Last summer we went up to Muskoka. | 去年夏天我们去了加拿大的穆斯科卡 |
[23:01] | Ontario. | 在安大略 |
[23:01] | Jesus, now we got to hear about this kid again. | 天呐 又要听他讲这孩子的事了 |
[23:04] | Brendan’s at Antioch. | 布兰顿在安提阿[古叙利亚首都] |
[23:06] | Yup, studying the classics. | 是的 在学古典文学 |
[23:10] | But I hope he’ll come to his senses. | 但我希望他能迷途知返 |
[23:14] | He’s got a couple of years before he has decisions to make. | 他还有几年时间才需要做人生的抉择 |
[23:17] | Well, as long as we’re working together, | 只要我们还继续合作 |
[23:18] | he’s got a job with us. | 他以后可以来我们公司工作 |
[23:22] | Friend of mine’s kid just got to that point. | 我朋友的孩子刚刚遇到了这个难题 |
[23:24] | He doesn’t have a lot of choices left. | 他没有太多选择 |
[23:26] | 1-A. Can you imagine? | 被编入军队了 你们能想象吗 |
[23:32] | Well, my heart goes out to him. | 我对他表示同情 |
[23:33] | That’s just one of those problems that can’t be solved. | 那是无法解决的问题之一 |
[23:37] | I’ve got two sons. | 我有两个儿子 |
[23:39] | Thank God they’re too young. | 谢天谢地他们还太小 |
[23:41] | I don’t even like to think about that. | 我甚至想都不愿想这事 |
[23:43] | I know. | 是啊 |
[23:45] | My friend is just beside himself. | 我朋友急得发狂 |
[23:49] | I mean, people are doing things though. | 但有些人会想办法逃脱 |
[23:52] | Believe me, we know about that. | 相信我 我们知道 |
[23:54] | Makes me sick. | 那些人令我作呕 |
[24:03] | Well, next year this time, we’ll have won the war. | 明年这个时候 我们就已经打了胜仗 |
[24:07] | We’ll take Brendan to dinner, get him plastered, | 到时我们带布兰顿出来吃饭 把他灌醉 |
[24:08] | and have him read the menu in Latin. | 让他用拉丁语读菜单 |
[24:12] | Ted, are you an angler? | 泰德 你喜欢钓鱼吗 |
[24:15] | My hobby is coming up with names for the XP. | 我的爱好是给波音XP系列飞机起名字 |
[24:29] | Last one. | 最后一个 |
[24:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:42] | “Things I like about Mitchell.” | “我喜欢米奇什么” |
[24:49] | “His ass”? | “他的翘臀” |
[24:51] | When did you see that? | 你什么时候看到的 |
[24:52] | I couldn’t think of anything else. | 除了这个我想不到别的了 |
[24:55] | What did you put? | 你写了什么 |
[24:58] | “How he smiled at me.” | “他冲我微笑的样子” |
[25:01] | “His shoulders.” | “他的肩膀” |
[25:04] | “His red shirt.” | “他的红上衣” |
[25:10] | You girls have a big day tomorrow | 你们明天有重要的事要做 |
[25:11] | and I can tell you right now, | 我现在可以告诉你们 |
[25:12] | the next time this door opens, it won’t be me. | 下次打开门的就不是我了 |
[25:14] | – Lights out. – Good night, Mrs. Draper. | -关灯睡觉 -晚安 德雷柏太太 |
[25:21] | Why do you keep calling her that? | 你干嘛一直那么称呼她 |
[25:23] | ‘Cause she hates it. | 因为她讨厌那称呼 |
[25:26] | Think about it. | 想想看 |
[25:27] | He’s right down there. | 他就在楼下 |
[25:31] | You should sneak down and kiss him. | 你应该溜下去吻他 |
[25:34] | He talked to you. | 他是主动找你谈话的 |
[25:38] | God, I wish I lived here. | 天啊 多希望是我住在这里 |
[26:13] | – Yeah? – Did I wake you? | -喂 -我吵醒你了吗 |
[26:15] | – Yeah. – There’s a rat in my aparenent. | -是啊 -我公寓里有只老鼠 |
[26:19] | Told you to get traps. | 都让你去买捕鼠夹了 |
[26:21] | It’s in the trap and it’s mortally wounded. | 它现在已经被夹住而且受伤了 |
[26:23] | I’m pretty sure ’cause there’s a lot of blood. | 我很确定 因为地上有很多血 |
[26:25] | Did you call an ambulance? | 你叫救护车了吗 |
[26:27] | You have to come over. It went under the couch. | 你得过来一趟 它跑到沙发下面去了 |
[26:29] | I can’t even look. What if it’s still alive? | 我都不敢看 万一它还活着怎么办 |
[26:32] | What if I lift the couch and it srtrts flipping around? | 万一我把沙发抬起来它就跳出来怎么办 |
[26:34] | I’m not your boyfriend. | 我不是你男朋友 |
[26:40] | Maybe I’ll make it worth your while if you come over. | 或许你来的话我会让你不虚此行的 |
[26:42] | No, you won’t. Now good night. | 你才不会 晚安 |
[26:44] | You’re not interested? | 你没兴趣吗 |
[26:46] | No. | 没 |
[26:48] | Then why are you using your sexy voice? | 那你干嘛用你的性感嗓音 |
[26:51] | Tuesday morning’s great. | 周二清晨很不错 |
[26:53] | For what? | 为什么 |
[26:57] | Why didn’t you say so? | 你怎么不早说 |
[27:00] | You can bring her. | 你可以带她一起过来 |
[27:02] | It’ll be dead by morning. | 早上它就死掉了 |
[27:14] | Eleanor Roosevelt. | 埃莉诺·罗斯福 |
[27:18] | I can’t remember anything ’cause I didn’t sleep. | 我没睡觉 什么都记不住 |
[27:20] | Your floor smells like pee. | 你家地板有尿味 |
[27:22] | – No, it doesn’t. – Do I smell like pee? | -才没有 -我身上有尿味吗 |
[27:25] | You smell like Prell. | 你有普瑞尔洗发水的香味 |
[27:26] | Sally, you’re not ready? | 萨丽 你怎么还没准备好 |
[27:28] | I let the guest shower first. | 我得让客人先洗澡 |
[27:29] | Well, I have to go to work. | 我得去工作了 |
[27:31] | But first I have to put you two in a cab, so shake a leg. | 但我得先送你俩上车 所以抓紧时间 |
[27:33] | Oh, take out the trash. | 把垃圾扔掉 |
[27:35] | I have to get ready. | 我得去准备 |
[27:39] | I’ll do it, Mrs. Draper. | 我去吧 德雷柏太太 |
[27:41] | It’s Megan. | 叫我梅根 |
[27:43] | I would love to visit the studio sometime. | 有机会我想去片场参观 |
[27:45] | Well, hopefully I’ll still have a job. | 希望那时候我还没被辞退吧 |
[27:47] | I have to make a phone call. | 我得打个电话 |
[27:49] | – Your agent? – Yes, actually. | -给经纪人吗 -是的 |
[28:03] | Could you get me some coffee? | 请帮我倒杯咖啡 |
[28:11] | What the hell were you up to last night? | 你昨晚是怎么回事 |
[28:13] | Mr. Draper. | 德雷柏先生 |
[28:15] | I’m fine, Dawn. You want some coffee? | 我没事 唐恩 你要咖啡吗 |
[28:17] | What the hell were you thinking? | 你当时在想什么 |
[28:19] | You said you weren’t going to be involved in Chevy until 1970. | 你说1970年前你都不想和雪佛兰沾上关系 |
[28:22] | So stay the hell out of it. | 那就离得远一点 |
[28:24] | Stop trying to poison my relationship. | 不要来破坏我和那边的关系 |
[28:26] | Last time I checked, it’s our relationship. | 我要是没记错 是我们和那边的关系 |
[28:29] | And not everything is about you, Ted. | 不是什么都是你做主 泰德 |
[28:30] | Then be better at it. | 那就表现得专业一点 |
[28:32] | – What are you talking about? – You know this. | -你在说什么 -你知道的 |
[28:35] | A client shouldn’t have a single negative feeling in your presence. | 你不该让客户感受到一丝负面的东西 |
[28:38] | Not the food, not the wine, | 包括食物和酒都不能差劲 |
[28:40] | and certainly not the war. | 更别提战争了 |
[28:42] | I was just taking their temperature. | 我只是在试探他们 |
[28:44] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[28:46] | It’s Chevy, Don. | 那可是雪佛兰 唐 |
[28:47] | You’d do it for your kid. | 你也会为你的孩子这么做 |
[28:49] | But it’s not your kid. | 但那不是你的孩子 |
[28:51] | Oh, is it your kid? | 是你的孩子吗 |
[28:53] | No, it’s my friend’s kid. | 不 是我朋友的孩子 |
[29:03] | Well, I bet you don’t have a lot of friends, Don, | 我猜你没什么朋友 唐 |
[29:05] | so I’m going to assume this is important. | 所以想必这对你很重要 |
[29:08] | It is. | 确实 |
[29:12] | I just– I don’t know what to do. | 我只是不知道该如何是好 |
[29:14] | Do you know how young 19 is? | 你知道19岁是多么年轻吗 |
[29:16] | Did you ever think about talking to me | 你就没想过找我说 |
[29:18] | instead of our most important client? | 而不是和我们最重要的客户说 |
[29:20] | I don’t know. It’s GM. | 我不知道 那可是通用公司 |
[29:21] | Who else has that kind of clout in Washington? | 除了他们 谁还在华盛顿有如此大的影响力 |
[29:24] | Does he wear glasses? | 他戴眼镜吗 |
[29:26] | I don’t think so, but he could. | 我觉得没有 要戴也可以 |
[29:32] | The guy who taught me to fly | 教我开飞机的人 |
[29:33] | is a brigadier general in the Air National Guard. | 是空军国民警卫队的准将 |
[29:36] | They’re always looking for exceptional young men | 他们总是在寻找有天分的年轻男孩 |
[29:38] | to become pilots. | 去当飞行员 |
[29:42] | And you’d be willing to call him? | 你愿意给他打个电话吗 |
[29:44] | I’d consider it. | 我可以考虑 |
[29:46] | But first, you’re going to have to stop the war. | 但首先 你得停止战争 |
[29:49] | I can’t stop the war, Ted. | 我没法停止战争 泰德 |
[29:51] | Don’t be an asshole, Don. | 别一副混蛋样儿 唐 |
[29:52] | The war you’re waging on me. | 我是说你对我的战争 |
[29:54] | You have to lower your weapons. | 你得对我放下武器 |
[29:56] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[29:58] | I’m talking about how we are going to get Ocean Spray. | 我在说我们要拿下优鲜沛 |
[30:01] | So you need to stop chasing Sunkist. | 所以你不要再追着新奇士了 |
[30:04] | You’re not going to compete with me like that anymore. | 你不能再这么跟我对着干了 |
[30:07] | We’re on the same damn side. | 我们可是在一条船上 |
[30:09] | – That’s it? – Don’t act like it’s nothing. | -就这吗 -别装出一副无所谓的样子 |
[30:12] | It seems to be impossible so far. | 目前为止我们简直没办法合作 |
[30:17] | You’d really do that? | 你真的愿意帮我吗 |
[30:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:30] | This is not a handshake of gratitude. | 你这跟我握手 不是在表达感激 |
[30:32] | – This is a binding contract. – Of course. | -而是意味着我们达成了协议 -当然 |
[30:35] | – Whatever you want. – That’s what I want. | -一切如你所愿 -我只想要这样 |
[30:40] | Hold on. What’s the next step? | 等等 接下来要怎么做 |
[30:44] | Tell the kid to write a letter | 让那孩子写封信 |
[30:46] | about his childhood dream of being a pilot. | 就说他从小就梦想当飞行员 |
[30:48] | And it better be convincing. You should write it. | 写得像样些 你帮他写吧 |
[30:51] | And tell him to get a haircut. | 再叫他去理发 |
[30:54] | Be straight, Ted. What are the chances? | 说实话 泰德 成功的机会有多大 |
[30:57] | I’m going to call right now. | 我马上就去打电话 |
[30:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:07] | Can you get Dr. Rosen on the phone? | 帮我接通罗森医生 |
[31:17] | – Rosen residence. – It’s me. It’s Don. | -罗森府邸 -是我 唐 |
[31:21] | What do you want? | 你有什么事 |
[31:22] | I’m trying to reach Arnold. | 我想找阿诺德的 |
[31:24] | The office said he was home sick. | 医院说他生病请假在家 |
[31:27] | It’s about Mitchell. | 有关米奇的事 |
[31:28] | What? Tell me. | 怎么了 告诉我 |
[31:30] | I know someone | 我认识一个人 |
[31:31] | who knows someone in the Air National Guard. | 他在空军国民警卫队有认识的人 |
[31:34] | He’s getting him a spot. | 能帮米奇找一个职位 |
[31:36] | You told someone? | 你跟人说了 |
[31:37] | It’s my partner. | 是我的合伙人 |
[31:39] | He’s doing me a favor. | 他这算是帮我的忙 |
[31:45] | Did you fix it? | 你都安排妥了 |
[31:48] | He just wants Mitchell to cut his hair | 他说米奇只用去理发 |
[31:51] | and sign a letter. | 再在信上签个字就行 |
[31:53] | And the two of you need to make sure he follows through. | 你们要保证他听从安排 |
[31:55] | Oh, he’ll follow through. | 他一定会听的 |
[31:59] | I bet. | 我想也是 |
[32:05] | My God, is it possible? | 天呐 真的能行吗 |
[32:08] | I think so, but we have to act fast. | 应该没问题 但我们得尽快 |
[32:11] | They went upstate to the VA to call on an army buddy. | 他们去州北的老兵事务处拜访一个朋友了 |
[32:14] | I’ll send them up tonight. | 我会让他们今晚去楼上找你 |
[32:16] | Sylvia, sweetheart, it’s gonna be okay. | 希维娅 亲爱的 不会有事的 |
[32:27] | Are you there? | 你还在吗 |
[32:30] | Yes. | 在 |
[32:32] | Please, stop crying. | 别哭了 |
[32:36] | I feel better, | 我感觉好些了 |
[32:36] | but I’ll feel better when I know it’s done. | 但一切都安排好我才能安心 |
[32:44] | Don… | 唐 |
[32:47] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[32:49] | I can’t believe you would do this for me. | 我真不敢相信你帮了我这么大的忙 |
[32:53] | You know I have children, too. | 我毕竟也有孩子 |
[32:55] | I know that’s not why you’re doing it. | 但我知道不是这个原因 |
[33:00] | And I hope– | 我希望… |
[33:03] | well, I hope you know that I was just frustrated with you. | 我希望你知道 我当时只是觉得受挫 |
[33:09] | I do now. | 现在我知道了 |
[33:13] | I didn’t want you to fall in love. | 我不希望你爱上我 |
[33:17] | You didn’t feel anything? | 你对我没有感觉吗 |
[33:25] | No, I just… | 不 我只是… |
[33:30] | I don’t want to go through this again. | 我不想再经历一次 |
[33:36] | You were good to me. | 你对我很好 |
[33:40] | Better than I was to you. | 比我对你要好 |
[33:50] | – Are we going to lunch– – Get in here and close the door. | -我们去吃饭吗 -进来 关上门 |
[33:55] | You have given me a terrible problem | 你给我惹了一个大麻烦 |
[33:57] | and now you’re going to fix it. | 所以得由你来收拾这烂摊子 |
[33:58] | Is this about Sunkist? Because I did some digging– | 是新奇士的事吗 我调查了一下… |
[34:01] | I told you we needed a nurse and you sent us a rapist. | 我需要一个看护 你却找来一个强奸犯 |
[34:04] | Manolo? | 曼努诺吗 |
[34:05] | In fact, I never told you anything. | 况且 我什么都没跟你说 |
[34:07] | You were just “Doing some digging.” | 是你自己”调查了一下” |
[34:09] | Calm down. Sit down. | 冷静 坐下 |
[34:15] | Bob… | 鲍勃 |
[34:17] | she has the mind of a child. | 她就和三岁孩子一样 |
[34:19] | That man took advantage of her. | 那男人占了她便宜 |
[34:21] | I assume she told you this story. | 肯定是她告诉你的吧 |
[34:25] | Don’t you have your answer right there? | 答案还不明了吗 |
[34:26] | She says they’re in love | 她说他们陷入了爱河 |
[34:27] | and it’s the first time in months she’s seemed sure of anything. | 那似乎是几个月以来她最确定的一件事 |
[34:31] | I don’t think that Manolo’s interests turn that way. | 我不觉得曼努诺的性趣是那样的 |
[34:35] | Great, so he’s a degenerate. | 棒极了 他是个变态 |
[34:37] | That means he’s capable of anything. | 那意味着他什么都干得出来 |
[34:43] | What exactly did she say? | 她到底怎么说的 |
[34:47] | Please, I’m just trying to forget it. | 拜托 我想忘掉还来不及呢 |
[34:49] | Drink that. | 喝吧 |
[34:58] | – Feel better now? – I do. | -感觉好些了吗 -好些了 |
[35:02] | Can I ask you something? | 我来问你 |
[35:05] | Did she seem happy? | 她看起来幸福吗 |
[35:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:10] | She did. | 她看起来很幸福 |
[35:18] | Is it really so impossible to imagine? | 那很难想象吗 |
[35:22] | What? | 什么 |
[35:25] | Couldn’t it be that | 如果 |
[35:27] | if someone took care of you, | 有一个人照料你 |
[35:30] | very good care of you… | 悉心照料 |
[35:34] | if this person would do anything for you, | 他愿意为你做任何事 |
[35:37] | if your well-being was his only thought… | 你的健康幸福是他唯一的牵挂 |
[35:43] | is it impossible that you might | 你难道不会 |
[35:45] | begin to feel something for him? | 对他产生爱慕吗 |
[35:51] | When there’s true love, | 遇到真爱时 |
[35:54] | it doesn’t matter who it is. | 对方是谁并不重要 |
[36:12] | Tell him I’ll give him a month’s pay. | 跟他说 我多给一个月的费用 |
[36:16] | And tell him it’s disgusting. | 再告诉他 这实在是太恶心了 |
[36:23] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[36:36] | The capital of the Philippines is Manila. | 菲律宾的首都是马尼拉 |
[36:38] | Its president is Ferdinand Marcos. | 总统是费迪南·马科斯 |
[36:42] | Its national language is Tagalog, | 官方语言是塔加拉语 |
[36:43] | but many of its inhabitants speak Spanish | 但许多居民说西班牙语 |
[36:46] | due to its colonial past. | 因为它曾是殖民地 |
[36:48] | And their national product is…? | 其国民产值是…[国家特产] |
[36:51] | I don’t know. Manila envelopes? | 我不知道 马尼拉信封吗 |
[36:55] | – You don’t know anything. – So? | -你什么都不知道 -那又怎样 |
[36:58] | How about this? All the boys are going to think you’re dumb. | 你觉得呢 所有男孩都会认为你很蠢 |
[37:00] | Don’t tell me how to get boys. | 不用你来教我如何勾搭男孩 |
[37:02] | You went to second base twice. | 你只上过两次”二垒” |
[37:05] | That’s a lot more than you. | 那也比你有经验多了 |
[37:07] | So if I were you, I’d be scared. | 我要是你的话 肯定会很害怕 |
[37:09] | – Of what? – Of what you’re going to do | -怕什么 -如果米奇要”直捣黄龙” |
[37:12] | when Mitchell asks you to go all the way. | 你肯定会害怕得不知所措 |
[37:14] | He doesn’t even know I’m alive. | 他根本不知道我这个人 |
[37:16] | Oh, I took care of that. | 我已经暗中替你搞定了 |
[37:20] | What did you do? | 你做什么了 |
[37:21] | I introduced you. | 我替你做了介绍 |
[37:23] | I introduced myself. | 我自己介绍自己的 |
[37:24] | No, I took the letter and I signed your name. | 不 我拿了那封信 签上了你的名字 |
[37:28] | – What?! – And I slid it under the back door. | -什么 -然后塞到后门下 |
[37:32] | That really hurts. | 很疼啊 |
[37:33] | How could you do that? Now I can never go back. | 你怎么能这样 我再也没办法回头了 |
[37:36] | You know you’re going to thank me. | 你以后会谢我的 |
[37:44] | Just because your shift is over | 你的轮班虽然结束了 |
[37:45] | doesn’t mean you can get undressed in the lobby. | 也不能在大厅脱衣服 |
[37:53] | – Incredible. – What? | -真”好”啊 -怎么 |
[37:55] | He should greet you. How you doing today? | 他应该问候你才对 你今天好吗 |
[37:58] | I’m– I got– I left something. | 我 我放了 我落了点东西 |
[38:02] | And I don’t have my key. | 钥匙又没带 |
[38:04] | You mean you lost it already? | 你是说你又弄丢了 |
[38:05] | Can I have the keys, please? | 能给我钥匙吗 求你了 |
[38:10] | Yeah. Okay. | 行吧 好吧 |
[38:15] | Go fast. | 动作快点 |
[38:20] | Oh, what have we got here? | 瞧瞧这是谁来了 |
[38:21] | Couple of high fashion models? | 两位时尚模特吗 |
[38:56] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[39:06] | – Sally. – Oh, God. | -萨丽 -天呐 |
[39:10] | Oh, dear God. | 上帝啊 |
[39:13] | Dear God, what have we done? | 上帝啊 我们干了什么 |
[39:24] | Sally! | 萨丽 |
[39:30] | Sally! | 萨丽 |
[39:32] | Sally! | 萨丽 |
[40:02] | Did Sally just come through here? | 萨丽是刚从这儿走过吗 |
[40:03] | Mr. Draper, I didn’t know you was home. | 德雷柏先生 我不知道你在家呢 |
[40:05] | She hopped in a cab just now. I’ll go get her. | 她刚跳上一辆出租车走了 我马上去找她 |
[40:10] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[40:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:13] | Did something happen? | 出什么事了吗 |
[40:15] | I know she lost her keys. | 我知道她弄丢了钥匙 |
[40:17] | I gave her the keys. It’s my fault. | 所以我才给了她备用钥匙 我的错 |
[40:33] | Mr. Draper? | 德雷柏先生 |
[42:17] | Hello? | 谁啊 |
[42:32] | Oh, I’m glad you’re home. | 你回来可太好了 |
[42:37] | Let me get you a plate. | 我给你拿个盘子 |
[42:42] | I had a client… | 我中午刚跟客户… |
[42:45] | meeting– lunch. | 开会…共进午餐 |
[42:46] | – Sit down. – I’m– | -坐下 -我 |
[42:49] | I’m gonna lay down. | 我要去躺会儿 |
[42:50] | You need to get some food in you. Sit down. | 你必须吃点东西 快坐下 |
[42:55] | Do you want me to cut you a piece? | 要我帮您切一片吗 |
[43:00] | No. | 不用了 |
[43:02] | I got it. | 我来开 |
[43:08] | Hello. | 你好 |
[43:09] | I’m sorry to bother you. | 很抱歉打扰你 |
[43:11] | Don, Arnold and Mitchell are here. | 唐 阿诺德和米奇来了 |
[43:14] | – I don’t feel well. – Stop. | -我觉得不太舒服 -别走 |
[43:20] | Hello, Mitchell. | 你好 米奇 |
[43:22] | I’m sorry to interrupt your dinner, | 很抱歉打扰你的晚餐 |
[43:23] | but we just got back and Mitchell has something he wants to say. | 但我们刚回来 米奇有话想说 |
[43:30] | Mr. Draper… | 德雷柏先生 |
[43:35] | thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[43:38] | We’ll see if it works. | 我们看那办法能不能行吧 |
[43:40] | – What? – He didn’t tell you? | -什么 -他没告诉你吗 |
[43:44] | Don talked to somebody for us. | 唐为我们托人走关系了 |
[43:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[43:47] | Sylvia sends her gratitude. | 希维娅要我代为表达感激之情 |
[43:48] | She is overwhelmed. | 她实在太高兴了 |
[43:52] | Do you want something to eat? We should celebrate. | 你们想吃点东西吗 我们该庆祝一下 |
[43:54] | One step at a time. | 一步一步来 不急 |
[43:56] | Anyway, Don, | 总之 唐 |
[44:00] | I owe you. | 我欠你一个人情 |
[44:04] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[44:07] | No, you eat. I got it. | 不用送 你去吃吧 我自己走 |
[44:12] | You are the sweetest man. | 你真是全天下最好的男人 |
[44:16] | You make me sick! | 你真让我恶心 |
[44:19] | Sally, come back here! | 萨丽 快回来 |
[44:22] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[44:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[44:26] | I’m gonna go talk to her. | 我去跟她谈谈 |
[44:26] | No. I’ll talk to her. | 不 我去跟她谈 |
[44:32] | She has a crush on Mitchell. | 她喜欢上米奇了 |
[44:42] | Sally. | 萨丽 |
[44:47] | – Open the door. – No. | -开门 -不要 |
[44:49] | You don’t get to talk to me anymore. | 你没资格再跟我谈话了 |
[44:53] | Sally? | 萨丽 |
[44:58] | Sally, open the door. I need to talk to you. | 萨丽 开门 我需要跟你谈谈 |
[45:22] | I know you think you saw something. | 我知道你自以为看见了什么见不得人的事 |
[45:27] | I was… comforting Mrs. Rosen. | 我当时 只是在安慰罗森太太 |
[45:34] | She was very upset. | 她当时非常难过 |
[45:40] | It’s very… | 整件事 |
[45:44] | complicated. | 很复杂 |
[45:51] | Sally, can you hear me? | 萨丽 你能听到我说话吗 |
[45:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:56] | Did you hear what I said? | 你明白我说的话了吗 |
[46:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |