时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:05] | I was waiting up. | 我昨晚一直在等你回家 |
[01:08] | I didn’t want to wake you. | 我不想吵醒你 |
[01:12] | Don. | 唐 |
[01:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:17] | I don’t know what’s going on, | 我不知道最近是怎么回事 |
[01:18] | but you have to pull back on the throttle a little, honey. | 但你不能再这么拼命了 亲爱的 |
[01:41] | Don, turn off the range. | 唐 把火关了 |
[01:51] | Sorry, I forgot about them. | 不好意思 我给忘了 |
[01:53] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[01:58] | I want to make you a real breakfast. | 我想给你做一顿丰盛的早餐 |
[01:59] | You look terrible. | 你看起来糟透了 |
[02:02] | So do you. | 你也一样 |
[02:10] | Just stay home today. | 今天就待在家里吧 |
[02:12] | Can you do that for me? | 能听我的话吗 |
[02:18] | Please try and sleep it off. | 试着睡一会儿 好好调养 |
[02:44] | You want to quit in front of Kenny? | 你想在肯尼面前放弃吗 |
[02:46] | He hasn’t fired a shot. | 他一枪都没开 |
[02:48] | Whatever you fellas want. | 我悉听尊便 |
[02:50] | Kenny, you need to discharge that weapon | 肯尼 你得开枪捕猎 |
[02:51] | before Ray turns us into the Bataan Death March. | 省的雷让我们此行变成巴丹死亡行军 |
[02:55] | You see that tree over there? | 你看见那边那棵树了吗 |
[02:57] | Pretend it’s Ralph Nader and let’s go get a drink. | 假装它是拉尔夫·纳德 我们去喝一杯 |
[03:01] | Wait! | 等等 |
[03:03] | Oh, shit. | 见鬼 |
[03:05] | In recent years, crime in this country | 近几年 本国的犯罪率 |
[03:07] | has grown nine times as fast as population. | 是人口增长速度的9倍 |
[03:11] | At the current rate, the crimes of violence in America | 以现在的速率 美国的暴力犯罪数量 |
[03:13] | will double by 1972. | 将在1972年翻倍 |
[03:16] | We cannot accept that kind of future for America. | 我们不能接受美国的这种未来 |
[03:19] | We owe it to the decent and law-abiding citizens of America | 为了美国所有遵纪守法的公民 |
[03:22] | to take the offensive against the criminal forces that | 我们应对那些威胁到公民人身安全的 |
[03:25] | threaten their peace and their security | 犯罪势力做出严惩 |
[03:28] | and to rebuild respect for law across this country. | 并重建我国法律系统的威严 |
[03:32] | I pledge to you, the wave of crime | 我向你们保证 犯罪狂潮 |
[03:34] | is not going to be the wave of the future in America. | 绝不是美国未来的风向标 |
[03:39] | 请投上 决定您 命运的一票 | |
[03:49] | I suppose I’m supposed to believe | 难道你要让我相信 |
[03:51] | that you didn’t know that she wasn’t me | 你带她去船屋为所欲为时 |
[03:54] | when you took her to the boathouse and you had your way. | 并不知道她不是我 |
[03:58] | I’m talking to you. | 我跟你说话呢 |
[04:00] | Don’t you dare ignore me. | 别装作没听见 |
[04:01] | A lot of people laugh at the idea of a girl playing the tuba. | 许多人都觉得女孩子吹大号很好笑 |
[04:13] | – Hello? – It’s me. | -喂 -是我 |
[04:14] | Your girl said you were home. | 你的秘书说你在家 |
[04:17] | I am. | 我是在家 |
[04:18] | If you’re too sick to talk, it can wait. | 你要是没力气说话 就下次再说 |
[04:20] | I can talk. | 我可以说话的 |
[04:23] | It concerns Sally. | 是萨丽的事 |
[04:31] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[04:32] | She’s not coming this weekend either. | 她这周末也不去你那边了 |
[04:38] | That’s too bad. | 那太可惜了 |
[04:40] | Although you should tell her if she does come, | 不过你该跟她说 如果她要来 |
[04:41] | I’m gonna be working all weekend. | 我整个周末都会在公司加班 |
[04:44] | Why would I tell her that? | 我为什么要跟她说这个 |
[04:48] | It could have been being held hostage by that burglar | 可能是因为那个贼把她当做人质 |
[04:51] | or the fight she had with her friend after Model UN, | 也可能是因为模拟联合国活动后和朋友吵架 |
[04:54] | but she says she’s not going again. | 总之她说她再也不去了 |
[04:57] | What do you want me to do about it? | 你想让我怎么做 |
[05:02] | I don’t know that it’s a good thing or a bad thing, | 我不知道这是好事还是坏事 |
[05:04] | but she wants to go away to a boarding school. | 她想去寄宿学校读书 |
[05:07] | I’ll pay for all of it. | 费用我全包 |
[05:09] | She has to get in, of course. | 她先得进得去才行啊 |
[05:11] | How much does that cost? | 那得花多少钱 |
[05:14] | Eleanor, Henry’s daughter, | 亨利的女儿埃莉诺 |
[05:16] | went there and I think she’ll interview well. | 就是去的那里 我觉得她能通过面试 |
[05:19] | She has good manners with everyone but me. | 她对任何人都很有礼貌 除了对我 |
[05:22] | She’ll get in. | 她能进去的 |
[05:25] | I don’t know, Don. It is Miss Porter’s. | 唐 那可是波特中学 我不确定 |
[05:28] | Jackie Kennedy went there. | 杰姬·肯尼迪就是那里毕业的 |
[05:30] | You mean Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. | 你说的是杰奎琳·肯尼迪·欧纳西斯吧 |
[05:35] | What kind of medicine are you taking for this cold? | 你这场感冒到底吃了什么药 |
[05:38] | Formula 44. | 维克斯伤风药 |
[05:40] | Yeah, I bet. | 我猜也是 |
[05:43] | Jackie did well twice. | 杰姬两次都嫁了个好男人 |
[05:46] | So did you. | 你也是啊 |
[05:49] | – I’m going to go. – Betts… | -我得挂了 -贝蒂 |
[05:54] | will you tell her that Megan… | 请你帮我转达她 梅根 |
[06:00] | that we both miss her? | 我们都很想她 |
[06:03] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[06:17] | Cranberry, Cran-Apple, | 蔓越莓 苹果莓 |
[06:19] | Grape-berry, that would be Cran-Prune. | 葡萄莓 混在一起就是果莓 |
[06:22] | Don’t let the name fool you. | 可别被名字吓坏了 |
[06:24] | They’re all delicious, my friend. | 它们可都很美味 我的朋友 |
[06:28] | Is that the line? | 你这是广告词吗 |
[06:30] | They are one dried | 那是一种干果 |
[06:31] | and one fresh fruit for a new generation. | 和一种水果混在一起的新生代饮品 |
[06:35] | You want to use Vaughn Meader? | 你们要用范恩·米德 |
[06:36] | I thought they buried that guy with JFK. | 我还以为肯尼迪死后他就销声匿迹了呢 |
[06:38] | No, there was this old salt who took us around the plant. | 不 有个老哥们会带我们去看果园 |
[06:42] | He had a heavy accent and a red shirt. | 他口音很重 穿件红色上衣 |
[06:44] | Ted called him Rose Kennedy. | 泰德管他叫红玫瑰罗丝·肯尼迪 |
[06:46] | During all this levity, | 在这些轻浮的谈笑间 |
[06:48] | did you mention that Cran-Prune sounds like a glass of diarrhea? | 你有提过”果莓”听上去像是泻药吗 |
[06:52] | When we agreed to take the blends, | 既然能接受将它们混在一起 |
[06:54] | we agreed to take the names. | 就要连名字一起接受 |
[06:57] | It’s got less pucker than the Cranberry, | 它不像蔓越莓那么涩 |
[06:59] | but it’s heavier than the Cran-Apple. | 但味道比苹果莓重 |
[07:02] | That means Cran-Apple is light. | 那说明苹果莓比较淡 |
[07:04] | Light. | 淡 |
[07:05] | – And Cranberry is… – Sour? | -而蔓越莓很 -酸 |
[07:08] | – Bitter? – Makes your teeth feel weird? | -苦 -让你的牙齿感觉很怪 |
[07:11] | It’s tart. | 是酸涩 |
[07:12] | That’s all they keep saying about the berries. | 他们就是这么形容浆果的 |
[07:14] | Yes, they do. | 没错 |
[07:16] | You know, I hate to say this again, | 我很抱歉又得打断你们 |
[07:18] | but I got to take a leak. | 但我真得去上个厕所 |
[07:19] | Great idea. Peggy. | 好主意 佩奇 |
[07:22] | You want to get some chowdah? | 想去喝点”赵”打水吗 |
[07:29] | Thought you had to pee. | 你不是要去撒尿吗 |
[07:31] | No, just wanted to see if I could get him | 不 我就想试试他对于 |
[07:33] | to respond to an idea that wasn’t hers. | 除佩奇以外人的话还有没有反应 |
[07:43] | You look better. | 你看起来好多了 |
[07:57] | Hello? | 喂 |
[07:58] | I can barely hear you. | 我听不清你在说什么 |
[08:02] | Oh, hello, Harry. | 你好 哈里 |
[08:11] | What? | 什么事 |
[08:12] | Listen, I wouldn’t bother you at home. | 我也不想打去家里烦你 |
[08:13] | Obviously I’m on the Coast, but I’ve got good news. | 我现在还在西海岸 但我有好消息 |
[08:16] | You finally found a hooker who will take traveler’s checks? | 你终于找到肯收旅行支票的妓女了吗 |
[08:19] | Why did I tell you that? | 我真后悔告诉你这件事 |
[08:21] | I got a packet at the desk | 我收到新奇士寄过来的东西 |
[08:22] | and then a phone call from Sunkist. | 后来又接到他们的电话 |
[08:24] | I told you to drop that. | 我不是让你放弃他们吗 |
[08:25] | Well, Jeffrey, the fat one, | 杰夫瑞 胖的那个 |
[08:27] | he finally got a look at the media plan | 他终于看了媒体计划 |
[08:28] | and suddenly they’re interested in TV. | 然后突然对电视广告感兴趣了 |
[08:30] | They’ve called a meeting with Sanford, | 他们要和桑福德开会 |
[08:31] | who I think is a decider. | 他应该是个做决策的人 |
[08:33] | Don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[08:35] | Don, they’re talking about two and a half times the print budget. | 唐 那预算可是纸质印刷广告的2.5倍 |
[08:39] | We can’t. | 我们不能接 |
[08:40] | – Why not? – Because we have a conflict. | -为什么不行 -因为同类客户有冲突 |
[08:43] | Ted has Ocean Spray. | 泰德已经拿下优鲜沛了 |
[08:45] | You should have told them we withdrew. | 你应该告诉他们我们退出了 |
[08:47] | Adios, Harry. | 再见 哈里 |
[08:51] | I really didn’t want you to work today. | 我真不希望你今天烦工作的事 |
[08:54] | Harry is such a pain in the ass. | 哈里真是个讨厌鬼 |
[08:57] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们出去吧 |
[09:06] | That was really, really scary. | 真是太吓人了 |
[09:12] | It was disturbing. | 确实有点渗人 |
[09:21] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[09:24] | Oh, hello. | 你们好 |
[09:27] | That was quite a film. | 电影真不错 |
[09:29] | It was terrifying, wasn’t it? | 很恐怖 对吧 |
[09:31] | Well, we were, um… | 是啊 我们 |
[09:33] | you know we’re doing the St. Joseph’s spot based on it | 要根据这个电影来拍圣约瑟夫制药厂的广告 |
[09:37] | and Peggy and I had an argument | 佩奇和我对于结尾 |
[09:39] | about whether there was a Japanese in the end. | 是否出现了个日本人有分歧 |
[09:41] | You know, when Mia Farrow walks in | 你知道的 当米亚·法罗走进来 |
[09:43] | and sees the baby and the devil worshippers are there. | 看到那个婴儿和魔鬼崇拜者在那里 |
[09:46] | – There was. – I know. | -确实有 -我知道 |
[09:50] | So you’d both already seen it? | 所以你们两个之前都看过一遍了 |
[09:52] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:53] | But obviously she remembered it better. | 但很明显她记得比较清楚 |
[09:56] | She wants a Japanese in the ad. | 她想让广告里也出现个日本人 |
[09:57] | They always have a camera. | 他们总是随身带着相机 |
[10:02] | We’re going to grab a bite. Have you eaten? | 我们要去吃饭 你们吃了吗 |
[10:05] | I should get going. I have a date. | 我得走了 我还有个约会 |
[10:08] | Yes, well, don’t let us keep you. | 那就快去吧 别让我们给耽搁了 |
[10:13] | So, Don, I see you’re feeling better. | 唐 我看你好像好多了 |
[10:16] | I had to get him out of the house. | 我必须让他出来走走 |
[10:18] | We can still go eat. | 我们还是可以一起去吃的 |
[10:20] | I am supposed to throw around a football. | 我还得去玩玩橄榄球呢 |
[10:22] | – I should go. – After you. | -我得走了 -请 |
[10:26] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[10:38] | I would never live in an apartment that old. | 我绝对不会住那么古老的公寓的 |
[10:41] | There’s so many buildings like that in Montreal. | 蒙特利尔有很多那种房子 |
[10:43] | It’s creepy. | 很恐怖 |
[10:46] | Don? | 唐 |
[10:48] | What? I’m gonna have nightmares. | 怎么 我要做噩梦的 |
[10:53] | You know who’s not gonna sleep? | 你知道谁今晚会睡不着吗 |
[10:55] | Why are you so interested in this? | 你干嘛对这事这么感兴趣 |
[10:57] | You’re not interested? | 你没兴趣吗 |
[10:59] | Honestly, I’m more troubled by the idea | 说实话 我更加苦恼他们要 |
[11:00] | of using “Rosemary’s Baby” | 借助《罗丝玛丽的婴儿》这部电影 |
[11:02] | for a children’s aspirin ad. | 来做儿童阿司匹林广告 |
[11:04] | Why were they going to the movies at 5:00? | 为什么他们要5点去看电影 |
[11:06] | They didn’t think anybody would be there. | 因为他们觉得不会碰到熟人 |
[11:08] | You’ve been on a soap too long. | 你肥皂剧演太多了 |
[11:10] | I don’t know. I guess. | 不知道 也许吧 |
[11:14] | What time is it in California? | 加州现在几点 |
[11:16] | Three hours earlier. | 比我们早三个小时 |
[11:20] | I need to make a phone call. | 我得去打个电话 |
[11:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:33] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[11:34] | Come in. | 进来 |
[11:40] | What the hell happened? | 你这是怎么了 |
[11:43] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[11:44] | Well, obviously not. | 显然眼睛出了大事 |
[11:46] | I thought you were in Detroit. | 你不是去底特律了吗 |
[11:47] | I was. | 是去了 |
[11:50] | I told them that Cynthia was pregnant | 我告诉他们辛西娅怀孕了 |
[11:51] | and they took me out to celebrate and they shot me. | 他们就带我出去庆祝 还打伤了我 |
[11:53] | – What? – It’s not funny. | -什么 -不好笑 |
[11:57] | Chevy is killing me. | 雪佛兰要玩死我了 |
[12:00] | I hate Detroit. | 我讨厌底特律 |
[12:03] | I hate cars. I hate guns. | 我讨厌车 讨厌枪 |
[12:06] | I don’t even want to look at a steak anymore. | 我连牛排都不想再看见了 |
[12:15] | The only way to get through this | 唯一能让自己熬过去的办法 |
[12:16] | is to keep reminding yourself it’s a great account. | 就是不断提醒自己这是个大客户 |
[12:19] | I’m gonna be a father. | 我要当爸爸了 |
[12:20] | – I’m gonna have a family. – Pull yourself together. | -我马上就要有个小家了 -振作起来 |
[12:23] | Anyone here would trade places with you in a second. | 这里的任何人都愿意立马和你交换位置 |
[12:25] | Did I tell you that on the way to the hospital, | 我有跟你说在去医院的路上 |
[12:27] | they tried to stop for lunch? | 他们还想停车吃饭吗 |
[12:30] | They’re fat yahoos in cheap suits. I’m done. | 他们就是一帮土鳖肥佬 我受够了 |
[12:33] | Are you entertaining this idea? | 你真这么想吗 |
[12:35] | You’ll be laughed out of this building | 你会被整个公司耻笑开除 |
[12:36] | and then out of advertising in general. | 在整个广告界也再无立足之地 |
[12:38] | It’d be a difficult transition. | 交接会比较困难 |
[12:41] | Chevy won’t like it, but… | 雪佛兰不会乐意 但是… |
[12:43] | I think they’re feeling pretty guilty right now. | 我觉得他们现在挺内疚的 |
[12:51] | Well, if it’s in your power… | 如果你现在有那个权力做决定 |
[12:56] | and you’re willing to give up what goes with it, | 你也愿意放弃随之的一切 |
[13:01] | I would gladly take your place. | 我很乐意接替你的位置 |
[13:04] | What about your family? | 那你的家庭怎么办 |
[13:07] | Trudy and I are separated. | 特鲁迪已经和我分居了 |
[13:09] | I only see Tammy every other weekend. | 我每隔一周才能见一次塔米 |
[13:10] | She won’t know the difference. | 对她来说没差别 |
[13:13] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我为你感到遗憾 |
[13:15] | Yes, it’s unfortunate. | 是啊 是挺不幸的 |
[13:19] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[13:21] | Say you’ll back me up and I’ll be there for you. | 就说你会支持我的 我也会支持你 |
[13:30] | Congratulations on the baby. | 恭喜你要当爸爸了 |
[13:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:42] | Is he ready? | 他准备好了吗 |
[13:45] | – Morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[13:46] | – Morning. – Hello. | -早啊 -你好 |
[13:51] | We have what we think is some pretty spectacular news. | 我们有个非常好的消息 |
[13:54] | Crane called from Los Angeles. | 克雷恩从洛杉矶打来电话 |
[13:55] | Sunkist finally looked at the media plan | 新奇士终于看了媒体策划 |
[13:57] | and enthusiastically embraced a television campaign | 满腔热情地投向电视广告 |
[14:00] | to the tune of $8 million. | 愿意投入800万美元 |
[14:04] | Great Caesar’s ghost. | 我的苍天大地啊 |
[14:08] | They don’t care that we’re a month into Ocean Spray? | 他们不管我们的优鲜沛广告已进行一个月了吗 |
[14:10] | Harry said we’d resign. | 哈里说我们会退出的 |
[14:12] | Apparently they were excited by the spike in color TVs. | 显然他们对彩电的广告效果倍感兴奋 |
[14:15] | Don told them that was the secret– color. | 唐跟他们说这就是秘诀所在 颜色 |
[14:17] | When did you tell them that? | 你什么时候跟他们说的 |
[14:19] | When we were out there. | 就是我们在那边的时候 |
[14:21] | But they wouldn’t leave Harry alone. | 不过他们老缠着哈里 |
[14:24] | You upset, Ted? | 你不开心吗 泰德 |
[14:25] | It’s almost three times the business. | 这笔单子几乎翻了三倍啊 |
[14:27] | No, I just… | 不 我只是 |
[14:31] | well, I’m dreading making the call. | 我害怕打这个电话 |
[14:33] | Well, I’ll call Ocean Spray. | 我来打给优鲜沛 |
[14:34] | And the rest of our clients? | 那我们其他客户呢 |
[14:36] | Someone has to let them know | 总有人要提醒他们 |
[14:37] | to look out for a knife in their back. | 小心背后被人放冷箭吧 |
[14:39] | You want to turn it down? | 你想拒绝这个案子吗 |
[14:40] | Absolutely not. Don’t be an idiot, Ted. | 绝对不会 别傻了 泰德 |
[14:43] | Stay out of this, Jim. | 你别插手 吉姆 |
[14:45] | Forget about giving someone your word, | 别管什么承诺了 |
[14:47] | which obviously doesn’t mean anything to you… | 显然承诺对你来说屁都不是 |
[14:51] | How does it look? | 外人看起来像什么样啊 |
[14:52] | The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. | 右手都不知道左手在干什么 |
[14:56] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[14:59] | We should work more together. | 我们应该更密切共事 |
[15:01] | We have to. That’s the message from this. | 必须如此 此事告诉我们这个道理 |
[15:03] | Then it’s agreed that we have a more | 那我们就都同意 |
[15:05] | coherent approach to new business. | 齐心合力发展新业务咯 |
[15:07] | That means no more surprises, Don. | 就是说别再搞任何意外了 唐 |
[15:10] | You’re right. I apologize. | 你说得对 我很抱歉 |
[15:13] | But it’s a great account. | 但这是个大客户 |
[15:15] | Can we celebrate now? | 现在我们可以庆祝了吧 |
[15:21] | I think Peggy should be on it. | 我觉得应该让佩奇跟这个案子 |
[15:23] | She has, you know, juice experience now. | 她现在也算有 果汁广告方面的经验了 |
[15:26] | That makes sense. | 你说得有道理 |
[15:31] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[15:32] | Getting ready to do a little hunting. | 做好打猎的准备 |
[15:35] | What’s going on? Mr. Cooper wants to see you. | 到底什么事 库珀先生想见你 |
[15:39] | Let’s find out. | 我这就去一探究竟 |
[15:42] | That’s a .22. | 那是点22口径的枪 |
[15:43] | It’s not good for anything but squirrels, you know. | 其实除了松鼠什么都打不到 |
[15:49] | Would you ever leave New York, Annie Oakley? | 你离开过纽约吗 安妮·奥克利 |
[15:58] | – Hello, Pete. – Hello, Bob. | -你好 皮特 -你好 鲍勃 |
[16:01] | Kenny, how are you feeling? | 肯尼 感觉如何 |
[16:03] | Better than I am right now. | 他现在的感觉可比我好 |
[16:06] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[16:09] | Well, shiver me timbers. | 吓老子一跳[海盗用语] |
[16:11] | I’d laugh, but it hurts like a son of a bitch. | 我挺想笑 可我疼得要命 |
[16:14] | For obvious reasons, Ken is withdrawing from handling Chevy. | 出于显而易见的原因 肯要退出雪佛兰案子 |
[16:18] | You sure you want to do this? | 你确定你要这么做吗 |
[16:20] | I’m positive. | 我确定 |
[16:21] | Kenny, you know, I once had a client | 肯尼 我曾有个客户 |
[16:25] | cup my wife’s breast. | 摸了我老婆的胸 |
[16:26] | Lee Garner, Jr. made me hold his balls. | 小李·加勒还让我摸过他的蛋 |
[16:30] | Well, I’m not resigning Chevy. | 我不是退出雪佛兰的案子 |
[16:33] | I just can’t be on the ground there anymore. | 我只是没办法去客户方现场跟进了 |
[16:36] | Pete and I have already discussed it, | 我已经跟皮特商量过了 |
[16:38] | and I will stay on the business in New York. They’ll want that. | 我会在纽约继续跟进 他们亦希望如此 |
[16:41] | I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t reluctant. | 我如果说自己没有丝毫为难 定是在撒谎 |
[16:43] | But I know Ken would do the same for me. | 不过我知道肯也会为我这么做的 |
[16:46] | Crocodile tears. How quaint. | 鳄鱼的眼泪 真稀奇 |
[16:49] | Look, I know everyone’s worried, | 我知道大家都很担心 |
[16:51] | but Bob’s going to be a big help with the transition. | 不过鲍勃会在交接期鼎力相助 |
[16:53] | Anything I can do. | 我定当效犬马之劳 |
[16:55] | In all deference to the weeks | 就鲍勃花了几周时间 |
[16:57] | Bob spent trying to develop ties with Chevy, | 试图跟雪佛兰发展关系的情况看 |
[17:00] | I think it’s best if I bring in my own team. | 我认为我最好还是带上自己的人 |
[17:02] | That’s a dumb idea. | 这主意很蠢 |
[17:03] | Any continuity preserves the belief | 原班人马好让客户坚信 |
[17:05] | that service has not changed. | 我们的服务并未改变 |
[17:10] | It’s nothing about Bob in particular, | 我不是有意针对鲍勃 |
[17:12] | but isn’t it better to create the belief | 不过让客户坚信服务质量 |
[17:14] | that service has improved? | 提升了岂不是更好 |
[17:17] | Pete, you’re going to need to know | 皮特 你得知道 |
[17:19] | where the landmines are buried. | 客户的雷区在哪 |
[17:20] | I’d listen to the cyclops, Pete. | 换做我就会听”独眼巨人”的 皮特 |
[17:23] | I think maybe I’m keeping you from discussing this freely. | 我想或许我在这儿 你们不方便说话 |
[17:29] | I understand Pete’s objections, | 我理解皮特刚刚反对我的加入 |
[17:31] | but I will do whatever is decided. | 不过不管结果怎样 我都接受 |
[17:39] | Pete, there’s nothing to discuss. | 皮特 没什么好讨论的 |
[17:41] | I like Bob, Chevy likes Bob. | 我喜欢鲍勃 雪佛兰那边也喜欢鲍勃 |
[17:43] | And if you don’t like Bob, | 如果你不喜欢鲍勃 |
[17:45] | we can find someone who does. | 我们可以找个喜欢他的人代替你 |
[17:51] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[17:54] | By the way, thank you, | 顺便说一句 谢谢你们 |
[17:57] | all of you, for having this trust in me. | 谢谢你们所有人 如此信任我 |
[18:11] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[18:12] | I don’t want to work with you. | 我不想和你共事 |
[18:13] | I don’t want to stay in a hotel with you. | 我不想和你同住一家宾馆 |
[18:15] | – You’re sick. – Why would you say that? | -你是病态的 -你为何这么说 |
[18:19] | So you didn’t profess your love to me? | 你敢说你之前没有向我示爱吗 |
[18:22] | Only my admiration, which is waning quickly. | 我只是表达仰慕 而那份仰慕正急速减退 |
[18:26] | This is not about my own interests. I care about Chevy. | 这与我的个人利益无关 我很重视雪佛兰 |
[18:31] | You should watch what you say to people. | 你该注意一下自己说出来的话 |
[18:34] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[18:37] | Congratulations. | 恭喜了 |
[18:39] | Can you believe this guy? | 你是不是也觉得这家伙难以置信 |
[18:43] | – So? – So what? | -怎么样 -什么怎么样 |
[18:55] | Can I have one? | 能给我来一根吗 |
[19:00] | Are you anxious? | 你紧张吗 |
[19:02] | I expect you to sail through this interview. | 我希望你能顺利通过这次面试 |
[19:04] | Jeez, I wasn’t nervous about it a minute ago. | 天啊 你不说我本来一点都不紧张 |
[19:07] | I hope it doesn’t ruin it that I’m excited for you. | 我希望你别失败 让我空欢喜一场 |
[19:10] | When I was in 10th grade, my friend Annie left– | 我读10年级时 我朋友安妮离开 |
[19:12] | To go to Rosemary Hall. I know, you told me. | 去读罗斯玛丽女校了 我知道的 你说过的 |
[19:17] | Did I tell you she hated her mother? | 我有告诉你她恨自己的母亲吗 |
[19:20] | Good for her. | 真有她的 |
[19:24] | Is it about getting away from boys? | 你是为了离男孩子们远些吗 |
[19:28] | If I say yes, will you stop asking? | 如果我说是的 你能别再问了吗 |
[19:30] | I’m proposing some reasons | 我只是在猜测可能的原因 |
[19:31] | because you aren’t being very forthcoming. | 因为你不愿意主动说出来 |
[19:37] | Sally, I can turn this car around. | 萨丽 你再这样我就掉头回去了 |
[19:41] | I want to be a grown-up, | 我也想做个成熟的大人 |
[19:42] | but I know how important my education is. | 但我知道教育有多重要 |
[19:56] | Well, congratulations. | 恭喜了 |
[19:58] | You log a few months on that, you can work anywhere. | 你在那个项目上干几个月 以后想往哪儿跳都行 |
[20:01] | I’m not looking anymore. | 我不想再另谋高就了 |
[20:03] | So what is this? That old joke | 那你这算什么 老笑话吗 |
[20:04] | “Hell, I’m telling everyone”? | “该死 我要对每个人奔走相告” |
[20:06] | No, I’m calling on behalf of a young account man | 不 我是替一位年轻的业务员打给你的 |
[20:09] | whom we love, but can’t promote | 我们都很喜欢他 但无法晋升他 |
[20:10] | because Draper doesn’t like him. | 因为德雷柏不喜欢他 |
[20:12] | So you’re looking for an account man? | 所以你是想重新找个业务员吗 |
[20:15] | You know you can’t work here. | 你知道你是没机会重回这里的 |
[20:19] | I’ll be frank. | 我就直说吧 |
[20:22] | I got to get this kid out of here | 我得把这小子从这里弄出去 |
[20:23] | and he’s not going to call you himself. | 他是不会主动给你打电话要求跳槽的 |
[20:26] | I’d love to present some concrete options to him | 我只是希望我将他扫地出门时 |
[20:28] | when I push him out the door. | 能为他提供一些不错的其他选择 |
[20:29] | I just need leads. | 我只需要你提供一些工作机会 |
[20:30] | He doesn’t have to land anything. | 他又不需要非得成功 |
[20:32] | He must be pretty good if he’s in your way. | 他一定十分优秀 才会挡了你的路吧 |
[20:35] | He’s eager to please. | 他很擅长溜须拍马取悦人 |
[20:37] | Handsome. His name is Bob Benson. | 人也很帅 他的名字叫做鲍勃·本森 |
[20:40] | He has a blue blood connection to Brown Brothers Harriman. | 他曾在布朗兄弟哈里曼银行干过 |
[20:43] | Beloit, Wharton. | 伯洛伊特学院本科 沃顿商学院硕士 |
[20:44] | I’ll send over his personnel file. | 我会把他的个人档案发给你的 |
[20:46] | And I’ll send over a bill. | 我会寄一张账单过来 |
[20:47] | Make it an even grand. Cash. | 就给一千块吧 要现金 |
[20:51] | No, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[21:08] | What’s going on in there? | 里面是怎么了 |
[21:10] | Someone’s having a good time. | 某人正玩得开心呢 |
[21:24] | You do realize this is the best picture | 你们都知道这些照片是那些人 |
[21:25] | these people will ever take? | 能拍出的最好的照片了吧 |
[21:27] | We were thinking about putting this old man in a wig | 我们刚想着让这个老人戴上假发 |
[21:29] | because he looks so much like Ruth Gordon. | 因为他长得太像罗丝·高登了[著名女星] |
[21:35] | – Fill me in. – That’s a great idea. | -给我讲讲吧 -那真是个好主意 |
[21:37] | The conceit is that it’s shot from the baby’s point of view. | 我们的构想是 以婴儿的视角拍摄出这些照片 |
[21:40] | No, no, let’s do the ad for him. | 不不 我们在他面前演一遍吧 |
[21:41] | Joan, come here. | 琼 过来 |
[21:45] | Can I do it from here? | 我坐在这里成吗 |
[21:46] | No. | 不行 |
[21:48] | So, Don, you are the camera and the baby. | 唐 你现在代表着摄像头和婴儿 |
[21:50] | We might have the end of the bassinet right at the front of the frame. | 我们或许会把摇篮的末端放在镜头的前面 |
[21:53] | Maybe see some kicking toes under a blanket. | 或许能看见毯子下晃动的小脚趾 |
[21:56] | Should I get down a little lower? | 我需要坐得更低一些吗 |
[21:57] | No, that’s fine. | 不用 这样挺好的 |
[22:00] | Okay, it’s dark. | 好了 现在一片漆黑 |
[22:02] | Fish-eye lens, you’re the baby. | 以鱼眼镜头拍摄 你现在是那个婴儿 |
[22:03] | Just, “Whaa! Whaa!” | 要”哇哇”大哭 |
[22:06] | You do that. | 你学着这样哭一下 |
[22:12] | So there’s a crowd. Eight or nine people. | 旁边是人群 大约八九个人 |
[22:14] | It’s the whole coven. And there’s a crazy little old lady. | 是女巫大集会 然后出现一个疯狂的老妇人 |
[22:17] | What you need is a mustard plaster. | 你需要的是芥子膏 |
[22:19] | And then there’s this wrinkled old man. | 然后出现一个满脸皱纹的老头子 |
[22:21] | You need a compress. | 你需要的是绷带布 |
[22:24] | And then a Jewish neighbor lady. | 然后出现了一个犹太邻居女士 |
[22:25] | How about a bowl of chicken soup? | 来一碗鸡汤怎么样 |
[22:27] | Anyway, there’s one more of those, maybe. | 总之 或许还会出现一个类似的角色 |
[22:29] | Then they all start crowding in on you. | 然后他们都朝你涌过来 |
[22:32] | And the Japanese takes a picture | 然后日本人拍下了一张照片 |
[22:34] | and the flash turns it white. | 闪光灯让整个画面一片白 |
[22:36] | Then you see the beautiful, radiant young mother. | 然后你看见了美丽的 散发着光环的年轻母亲 |
[22:44] | You don’t need anyone’s help but St. Joseph’s. | 你不需要任何人的帮助 除了圣约瑟夫的 |
[22:49] | Usually with things like this, | 通常像这样的广告 |
[22:50] | it depends on you knowing the movie. | 都需要以知晓电影背景作为前提 |
[22:53] | But I think this works on its own. | 但我觉得这故事本身就可以独立成型 |
[22:55] | I told you it was good. | 我就跟你说很棒吧 |
[22:56] | That’s a lot of people. | 但需要很多演员 |
[22:57] | You need to feel the conspiracy. | 那样你才能感受到聚众的阴谋 |
[23:00] | You want me to come to casting? | 你们想让我监督选角工作吗 |
[23:02] | Sure, but I’m just gonna watch. | 好啊 但我只会在一边旁观 |
[23:03] | It was all her. | 都是她的主意 |
[23:07] | Casting’s on the West Side. You should go. | 选角要在曼哈顿西区 你们该出发了 |
[23:17] | That’s a lot of people. | 需要的演员太多了 |
[23:18] | I didn’t want to dampen the enthusiasm, | 我不想给他们的热情泼冷水 |
[23:20] | but the approved budget is $15,000. | 但批下来的预算是1.5万美元 |
[23:23] | There’s at least $35,000 in residuals alone here. | 现在光是复播追加酬金就要3.5万美元 |
[23:27] | What did St. Joseph’s say? | 圣约瑟夫制药厂怎么说 |
[23:28] | They haven’t seen the new budget. | 他们还没看到新预算 |
[23:31] | So who’s paying for casting? | 那选角的钱谁来付 |
[23:33] | We are. | 我们付 |
[23:34] | But Ted seems confident they’ll be good for it. | 但泰德似乎确信客户会支付这笔费用 |
[23:37] | So he wants to spring it on them at the pre-pro meeting | 所以他打算等到我们预支一万以后 |
[23:39] | after we’re 10 grand out of pocket? | 再在提案会上告知客户吗 |
[23:42] | I don’t know, Don. I don’t tell him what to do. | 我不知道 唐 他又不听我的 |
[23:55] | And Diplomacy Club. | 还有外交俱乐部 |
[23:57] | I don’t know if she told you in the interview, | 我不知道她在面试中有没有提到过 |
[23:58] | but Henry thinks she can be an ambassador one day. | 但亨利认为她有成为外交官的潜质 |
[24:01] | It’s heartwarming to see such a proud mother. | 看到你这么为女儿骄傲真让人感动 |
[24:04] | Well, Sally going away is going to be difficult, | 萨丽离开家我一定会很难过 |
[24:08] | but, of course, I wanted it for myself way back when. | 但当然 我曾经也渴望自己能有这种机会 |
[24:11] | And in this day and age, | 如今这世道 |
[24:12] | it’s overwhelming to raise a young girl, | 抚养一个年轻女孩的压力很大 |
[24:14] | let alone be one. | 更别提做女孩本身的压力 |
[24:15] | Beautifully put. | 说得真好 |
[24:17] | Now, Sally, during your overnight | 萨丽 在你今晚留宿 |
[24:19] | and tomorrow in class, | 和明天上课的过程中 |
[24:21] | I want you to keep in mind, and I’m sure your mother would agree, | 我希望你记得 我相信你妈妈也会同意 |
[24:24] | this is as much for you to find out about us | 这是你了解我们的机会 |
[24:27] | as it is for us to find out about you. | 同样也是我们了解你的机会 |
[24:35] | Carla, could you fetch Millicent Turner from study hall? | 卡拉 去自习室把米丽森·特纳叫来好吗 |
[24:39] | You have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[24:41] | I’ll be back in the morning around– | 我明早来接你 |
[24:42] | 2:30 would be perfect. | 2:30过来就好 |
[24:50] | Thank you again. | 再次感谢 |
[24:59] | Mr. Campbell, your mother is here to see you. | 坎贝尔先生 你母亲来看你了 |
[25:05] | What are you doing here, Mother? | 你来这里做什么 妈妈 |
[25:06] | Josephine, you have my phone number. | 乔瑟芬 你怎么不给我打电话 |
[25:08] | This doesn’t concern her. I’m here for my passport. | 这和她没关系 我来取我的护照 |
[25:12] | I’m planning a voyage. | 我计划出去旅行 |
[25:14] | And I spoke to Manolo. | 另外我和曼努诺聊过了 |
[25:16] | I forbade you to see him. | 我说过不准你再见他 |
[25:18] | Well, he’s very upset about the way | 他对你对待他朋友鲍勃·本森的方式 |
[25:20] | you’re treating his friend Bob Benson. | 感到非常不满 |
[25:22] | That Spanish fly. | 那个西班牙变态狂 |
[25:24] | Why are you still in contact with him? | 你怎么还和他有联系 |
[25:26] | – I ran into him. – Where? | -我偶然碰到他了 -在哪里 |
[25:28] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[25:31] | Tell Manolo that I almost threw you down the steps | 告诉曼努诺 你对我提起他的朋友时 |
[25:34] | when you brought up his friend. | 我几乎要把你推下楼梯 |
[25:35] | Peter, I am still your mother. | 皮特 我怎么说也是你的妈妈 |
[25:39] | I don’t have your passport. | 你的护照不在我这里 |
[25:41] | I’m sure it’s expired like everything else you own. | 我确定它像你的其他东西一样已经过期了 |
[25:43] | Josephine! | 乔瑟芬 |
[25:45] | You’re endangering your position. | 你再这样工作就难保了 |
[25:50] | So this used to be the living room. | 这房间原本是客厅 |
[25:52] | And, of course, you have to walk through | 当然了 要去她的房间 |
[25:53] | my room to get to her room, | 必须先经过我的房间 |
[25:54] | but we switch over at Christmas. | 但圣诞节时我们会换房间 |
[25:57] | I’d rather have my own room, too. | 我也想有自己的房间 |
[25:59] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[26:01] | You must be Sally. | 你一定是萨丽吧 |
[26:03] | I’m Mandy. Move over. | 我是曼迪 靠边点 |
[26:07] | Sally’s family lives in Rye and Manhattan. | 萨丽家住在拉伊和曼哈顿 |
[26:11] | Let me guess, dad’s remarried, | 让我猜猜 爸爸再婚了 |
[26:13] | mom’s fat and sad. | 妈妈又肥又颓废 |
[26:15] | No, they’re both remarried, | 不是 他们都再婚了 |
[26:17] | but my dad’s wife is my age. | 但我爸的妻子跟我年纪相当 |
[26:21] | Well, I’d like to feel sorry for you, | 我挺想为你难过的 |
[26:23] | but things are about to get worse. | 但你的人生正要变得更糟糕 |
[26:27] | Don’t you like it here? | 你们不喜欢这里吗 |
[26:30] | You’re not allowed to talk anymore. | 你不准再说话了 |
[26:32] | Our opinion is crucial to your acceptance. | 我们的意见对你能否被录取很关键 |
[26:35] | And I can’t believe no one told you | 我不敢相信居然没人告诉你 |
[26:37] | that you were supposed to look after us. | 你该给我们一些小甜头 |
[26:40] | You didn’t bring a bottle or some cigarettes at least? | 你连瓶酒或者哪怕几根烟都没带吗 |
[26:44] | I probably have some money. | 我这儿可能有些钱 |
[26:46] | You think we need money? | 你觉得我们需要钱吗 |
[26:49] | You should call your mother. | 你该打给你妈妈 |
[26:50] | Tell her that you’re useless. | 告诉她你一无是处 |
[26:53] | I can get you anything you want. | 你们想要什么我都可以找来 |
[26:55] | She keeps talking. | 她还在说个不停 |
[26:56] | Now what do we want? | 我们想要什么呢 |
[27:06] | How was casting? | 选角进行得如何 |
[27:07] | It was interrupted by a phone call from St. Joseph’s. | 被圣约瑟夫制药厂的一通电话打断了 |
[27:10] | Did you send over a budget? | 你给他们发了预算报告吗 |
[27:12] | Yes, but relax. I talked to them. | 是的 但别紧张 我跟他们谈了 |
[27:14] | I played the bad guy. They’ll be fine. | 我主动当了坏人 他们会接受的 |
[27:16] | No, they won’t be. | 不 他们不会 |
[27:18] | They called me at casting to stop it. | 选角时他们打给我叫我停下 |
[27:21] | Now I have to turn a no into a yes. | 现在我得想办法劝他们回心转意 |
[27:24] | You were gonna have to do that anyway. | 你无论如何都要那么做的 |
[27:26] | I couldn’t even tell Peggy. | 我甚至无法告诉佩奇 |
[27:28] | Did you tell her how expensive it was? | 你告诉她花费有多高了吗 |
[27:31] | It’s great work and you know it. | 那个创意很好 你知道的 |
[27:32] | St. Joseph’s has been doing the same ad for 20 years. | 圣约瑟夫制药厂20年来都用同一条广告 |
[27:35] | They’re bread and butter. | 他们就追求安稳平常而已 |
[27:36] | Why did you pick them to push? | 你干嘛专挑他们来挑战 |
[27:37] | They kept asking me for their “Plop plop fizz fizz.” | 他们总要我创作能让他们一炮而红的广告 |
[27:40] | And all of a sudden she comes up with this. | 忽然间她想到了这个创意 |
[27:43] | She can smell the Clio, Don. | 她有信心凭此获克里奥广告奖 唐 |
[27:46] | Remember your first big ad? | 还记得你自己的第一支大广告吗 |
[27:48] | She has her heart set on it. | 她一心想做好这广告 |
[27:50] | It’s okay, Ted. I get it. | 没事的 泰德 我明白 |
[27:56] | You’re right. They’re coming in tomorrow. | 你说得对 他们明天过来 |
[27:58] | Just back me up on this? | 支持我一下好吗 |
[28:01] | Of course. | 当然 |
[28:02] | I’ve got to go over that budget. | 我得去看看那预算报告 |
[28:15] | Yeah, she stayed skinny, | 是 她身材保持得很苗条 |
[28:16] | but her breath smelled like vomit all the time. | 但她总是有很严重的口臭 |
[28:20] | I think it’s time for you girls to go to bed. | 我觉得你们该上床睡觉了 |
[28:23] | You hemmed your skirt. | 你把裙边卷上去了 |
[28:26] | My friend Sandy used a stapler. | 我朋友桑迪用订书机缝裙边 |
[28:28] | Then by the time she went home, | 等她穿着裙子回到家时 |
[28:29] | – her legs were all scratched. – Stand still. | -腿已经被订书针刮伤了 -站稳了 |
[28:32] | Sally, you there? | 萨丽 你在吗 |
[28:35] | Hello. | 你好 |
[28:43] | That was pretty fast. | 你来得真快 |
[28:46] | I’m Mandy and this is Millicent. | 我是曼迪 这是米丽森 |
[28:49] | Hold on, do you have a rope for him? | 等等 能给他条绳子吗 |
[28:51] | Millicent, go get him. | 米丽森 去接他 |
[28:53] | Go around the front. | 去前门 |
[28:58] | Nice digs. I’m Glen, by the way. | 宿舍不错 顺便说句 我是格伦 |
[29:00] | Did you have trouble finding us? | 我们这里好找吗 |
[29:03] | Rolo’s driven by before. | 罗洛曾开车路过 |
[29:05] | Then I just looked for Snoopy. | 我只用留心找史努比图案 |
[29:06] | Do you want a cigarette? | 你要烟吗 |
[29:08] | No, but I wouldn’t mind a drink. | 不 但酒可以喝 |
[29:11] | Rolo brought something to smoke. | 罗洛带了点大麻 |
[29:16] | How you been? How are you folks? | 你还好吗 父母好吗 |
[29:19] | Can we drink it straight? | 直接喝纯的吗 |
[29:20] | I know how to make a Tom Collins. | 我会调杜松子果汁酒 |
[29:23] | – She’s too much. – She’s okay. | -她太鬼了 -她还好啦 |
[29:27] | I don’t think anyone saw us, but we should keep it quiet. | 我觉得没人看见我们 但声音小点 |
[29:31] | I’m Rolo, by the way. | 顺便说句 我是罗洛 |
[29:32] | Nice digs. | 宿舍真酷 |
[29:34] | What about the proctor? | 舍监怎么办 |
[29:36] | The housemother’s a booze fiend. | 女舍监嗜酒如命 |
[29:38] | I’ll save some for her. | 我会留一点给她 |
[29:41] | I want to get stoned. | 我想喝个烂醉 |
[29:43] | I need a surface. | 借桌面一用 |
[29:52] | Here’s looking up your old address. | 闲酒一杯无所祝 |
[30:08] | Hello? | 喂 |
[30:09] | Look at the two of us, burning the midnight oil. | 看看我们俩 挑灯夜战 |
[30:12] | Something wrong? Did the messenger find you okay? | 有问题吗 档案送到了吗 |
[30:15] | I’m gonna need more than this kid Bob Benson’s personnel record. | 光有鲍勃·本森的人事档案可不行 |
[30:18] | Might as well be written in steam. | 虚无缥缈不可信 |
[30:21] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[30:22] | I don’t even know if the name is real. | 我都不知道这是不是他真名 |
[30:24] | I don’t know where he went to college, | 我不知道他在哪上的大学 |
[30:25] | but it wasn’t Beloit. | 反正不是伯洛伊特学院 |
[30:27] | I tried a buddy at Wharton, | 我问过一个沃顿商学院的朋友 |
[30:28] | he said maybe he’s just telling people Wharton, | 他说他可能只是打着沃顿的招牌 |
[30:30] | so he’s gonna check the whole University of Pennsylvania. | 所以他准备查查整个宾夕法尼亚大学 |
[30:32] | But it’s tough when I don’t know if he’s really 28 years old. | 但很有难度 我都不知道他是否真是28岁 |
[30:36] | The most interesting is the Brown Brothers Harriman job. | 最有趣的是在布朗兄弟哈里曼银行的工作 |
[30:39] | You told me that. | 那是你亲口告诉我的 |
[30:41] | I got that from him. | 我是听他说的 |
[30:42] | Well, I have a friend there. | 我在那里有个朋友 |
[30:45] | Turns out they all remember Bobby. | 原来他们都记得小鲍勃 |
[30:47] | He’s from West Virginia. | 他来自西弗吉尼亚 |
[30:49] | Parents are brother and sister or something. | 父母是近亲结婚什么的 |
[30:52] | He was a manservant for three years to a senior vice president. | 他给一个高级副总裁当过三年”男仆” |
[30:57] | He took him to Europe on the Queen Elizabeth. | 那人携他乘伊丽莎白王后号去过欧洲 |
[30:59] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[31:01] | He had three references, | 他有三个前雇主 |
[31:02] | two nonworking numbers at K&E and a live one at Cunningham. | 肯恩&埃克哈的两个联系不上 坎宁安的可以 |
[31:05] | They said he just disappeared one day | 他们说他某天突然离去 |
[31:07] | with an electric pencil sharpener and the Christmas card list. | 只带着电子转笔刀和圣诞贺卡名单 |
[31:10] | So what does that mean? | 那到底是什么意思 |
[31:12] | Mostly that his only job opportunity | 意思就是他只能找到 |
[31:14] | was someplace dumb enough not to ask any questions, | 对他的背景不闻不问的蠢公司 |
[31:16] | and so far, that’s just you guys. | 目前为止 只有你们要他 |
[31:20] | I’d offer to return the money, | 我可以把钱还你 |
[31:21] | but I would file this under valuable information. | 但我建议将此视为重要信息费用 |
[31:26] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[31:28] | I’ve never seen anything like this before. | 我从没见过这种情况 |
[31:31] | I have. | 我见过 |
[31:43] | You can do that in bed, you know. | 你可以在床上看的 |
[31:54] | Since seventh grade. | 始于七年级 |
[31:56] | The Ro is from Ronnie and the Lo is from Lowell. | “罗”取自罗尼 “洛”取自洛威尔 |
[31:58] | So they just started calling me Rolo. | 所以他们就开始叫我罗洛了 |
[32:00] | And ’cause he rolls a lot of joints. | 还因为他老卷大麻[Ro与Roll音近] |
[32:03] | Should I roll another? | 我要不再卷一根 |
[32:05] | Your friend bogarted the last one and she didn’t get any. | 你朋友独享了最后一根 她都没尝到 |
[32:08] | I’m really drunk. | 我好醉 |
[32:10] | You think Millicent’s okay? | 米丽森没事吧 |
[32:11] | She always freaks out. | 她一抽多了就失控 |
[32:14] | What if she runs screaming down the hallway | 如果她尖叫着在走廊狂奔 |
[32:16] | and she thinks her hair is on fire | 以为自己头发着了火 |
[32:18] | and she’s screaming, “Boy on the floor! Boy on the floor”? | 大叫”有男孩 有男孩” |
[32:23] | Do you two know each other? | 你们两个原本认识吗 |
[32:26] | I think so, but who knows? | 应该吧 谁知道呢 |
[32:29] | I was reincarnated. | 我重新投胎过 |
[32:30] | I came back as a fish. | 我轮回成了鱼 |
[32:34] | You should read my diary. | 你应该读读我的日记 |
[32:40] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[32:51] | Nice shot. | 扔得不错 |
[32:55] | I’ve got good hands. | 我手上”技术”很棒的 |
[33:00] | Do you play basketball? | 你玩篮球吗 |
[33:09] | I’ve been with lots of girls. | 我跟很多女孩缠绵过 |
[33:10] | I know what I’m doing. | 我知道自己在做什么 |
[33:14] | What kind of music do you like? | 你喜欢哪种音乐 |
[33:19] | I don’t want to talk anymore. | 我不想再说话了 |
[33:25] | What’s going on, Sally? You called us. | 怎么了 萨丽 是你叫我们来的 |
[33:28] | You made us drive all the way over here. | 你让我们开这么远的车来 |
[33:29] | Suddenly you don’t want to fool around? | 却又突然不想玩玩了吗 |
[33:32] | Are you frigid? | 你是性冷淡吗 |
[33:37] | Glen. Glen, come out. | 格伦 格伦 出来 |
[33:39] | Hey, come on. You’ve got to relax. | 得了 放松点 |
[33:42] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[33:43] | He won’t leave me alone. | 他缠着我 |
[33:45] | What the hell, Rolo? I told you she’s like my sister. | 你搞什么 罗洛 我说过她就像我妹妹 |
[33:47] | I think you’re full of shit, man. | 我觉得你满嘴狗屎 老兄 |
[33:49] | You just wanted the good one. | 你就想一个人霸占着好的 |
[33:51] | What is going on? | 怎么了 |
[33:53] | He tried to force me. | 他想逼我 |
[33:55] | What? Damn it, Rolo. | 什么 该死 罗洛 |
[33:57] | She’s a lying little tease. | 她是个说谎的小贱人 |
[33:59] | That’s bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[34:04] | Keep it down. | 声音小点 |
[34:09] | Get off me, Bishop. | 从我身上滚开 毕肖普 |
[34:20] | Are you suicidal? I’m your ride home. | 你找死吗 你得坐我的车回去 |
[34:32] | He’ll be fine. I got to go. | 他没事的 我必须走了 |
[34:34] | I don’t want to hitch. Are you all right? | 我不想随便搭车 你还好吗 |
[34:39] | – Nice meeting you. – You, too. | -很高兴认识你 -我也是 |
[34:44] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[34:46] | Keep in touch. | 常联系 |
[34:53] | How do you know him? | 你怎么认识他的 |
[34:54] | We grew up together. | 我们一起长大的 |
[34:57] | You like trouble, don’t you? | 你就喜欢惹麻烦 是吧 |
[35:08] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[35:10] | Are you joining us? | 你也参会吗 |
[35:12] | Ted wanted more firepower. | 泰德需要帮手 |
[35:14] | I thought I’d pitch in. | 我来助他一臂之力 |
[35:16] | I don’t understand what happened. | 我不知道怎么回事 |
[35:18] | Residuals. | 复播追加酬金的事 |
[35:19] | Can’t let them sneak up on you. | 总不能让他们对你搞突然打击 |
[35:22] | It’ll be fine. | 没事的 |
[35:24] | We always win this one. | 我们总能说服客户 |
[35:26] | Well, I see everything’s in order, | 我看一切都准备就绪了 |
[35:28] | including our cookies from Ferrara’s. | 还有从费列拉甜品店订的饼干 |
[35:31] | Byron, you remember Peggy Olson. | 拜伦 还记得佩奇·奥尔森吧 |
[35:33] | – Mr. Poole, nice to see you again. – Byron. | -普尔先生 很高兴再次见到你 -叫我拜伦 |
[35:38] | Yes, and I’m sorry about the phone call, | 你好 电话的事我很抱歉 |
[35:40] | but it was a bit of a surprise. | 但我的确很惊讶 |
[35:42] | But you’re here and we are going to set you at ease. | 今天我们就是来帮你宽心的 |
[35:46] | Now Ted and Peggy will take you through the creative process | 泰德和佩奇将向你展示创意过程 |
[35:49] | that resulted in this ingenious spot. | 揭示他们如何想出这天才般的最终创意 |
[35:52] | I know what it is. I bought it the day I heard it. | 我知道创意 那天我一听就拍板了 |
[35:54] | I just paid a lot less for it. | 但我能给的钱可远远不够 |
[35:56] | Well, as a concept becomes more developed, | 一个概念逐渐发展深化 |
[35:59] | expenses can mount. | 花费也会随之增长 |
[36:01] | We want to do this right. | 我们想尽可能做到完美 |
[36:03] | The cost is still a fraction | 拍摄广告的花费 |
[36:05] | of the business we believe it will generate. | 对于其所带来的效益而言不过是九牛一毛 |
[36:07] | Ted, with all due respect, | 泰德 我无意冒犯 |
[36:09] | it’s not your job to promise sales. | 但提高销售额不是你的职责 |
[36:11] | It’s your job to deliver work for the budget agreed to. | 你的职责是在预算内完成广告 |
[36:14] | It turned out to be more people than we thought. | 广告需要的演员比预想的要多 |
[36:16] | That’s why we sent the budget over. | 所以我们才把新预算案发给你们 |
[36:18] | We didn’t want there to be any surprises. | 我们不希望到时候让你们觉得意外 |
[36:20] | But this is worth the money. | 但每一分钱花的都很值 |
[36:23] | But this is a surprise. | 但这已经很令我们意外了 |
[36:24] | We agreed to 15,000 and it’s 50. | 我们原定预算是1.5万 现在是5万 |
[36:27] | You said specifically | 你当初明确地说 |
[36:29] | that you wanted something contemporary | 希望在作品中融入现代元素 |
[36:31] | with a sense of humor, | 又要有幽默感 |
[36:32] | something that wouldn’t make young parents | 以免让年轻的父母 |
[36:35] | feel like old people. | 觉得自己老了 |
[36:37] | This does that and more. | 该广告不仅合乎要求 且远超预期 |
[36:41] | That’s not a reason. | 那不是理由 |
[36:43] | Well, it should be. | 你该考虑这个理由 |
[36:44] | We have enough of a history that you should trust my judgment. | 我们合作已久 你该相信我的判断 |
[36:47] | No, I want a reason. | 不 我需要让我信服的理由 |
[36:50] | I’m entitled. | 我有这个权利 |
[36:51] | You know the raft of shit I caught when this budget came in? | 你知道收到新预算后我被骂成什么样吗 |
[36:55] | Mr. Plough called me. | 普洛先生都打电话给我 |
[36:59] | I hate to interrupt. | 我不好意思打断一下 |
[37:01] | I think, Byron, I know what you want to hear. | 我觉得 拜伦 我知道你想听什么 |
[37:05] | And it has nothing to do with the shooting days or the cast | 而且 这与拍摄日期和演员都无关 |
[37:09] | because you’ve had a long and fruitful | 因为你们合作已久 |
[37:12] | creative relationship together. | 并且成效显著 |
[37:14] | I think, and correct me if I’m wrong, | 我觉得 如果我说得不对请指出 |
[37:17] | that when you say you want a reason, | 当你说需要一个能让你信服的理由时 |
[37:19] | you want to know why we would push you like this. | 你是想知道 为什么我们要这么逼你 |
[37:22] | It would help. | 说说无妨 |
[37:24] | Well, the truth is | 事实上 |
[37:26] | that I don’t think Ted wants to say. | 泰德可能不太愿意说 |
[37:32] | ‘Cause it’s, | 因为 |
[37:36] | it’s a little bit personal. | 有些私人方面的原因 |
[37:39] | In fact, it’s very personal. | 其实 是非常私人的事 |
[37:46] | I’m not sure I know what you mean. | 我不太清楚你是什么意思 |
[37:49] | Yes, you do. | 你知道的 |
[38:00] | Are you okay, Ted? | 你还好吗 泰德 |
[38:06] | I, uh… | 我… |
[38:09] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[38:11] | Tell him, Ted. | 告诉他吧 泰德 |
[38:14] | You don’t want to say anything? | 你不想说吗 |
[38:18] | All right. | 好吧 |
[38:20] | I’ll tell him. | 我来说 |
[38:24] | It’s hard for Ted to say, | 泰德很难说出口 |
[38:28] | but this was Frank Gleason’s last idea. | 但这是弗兰克·格里森最后的创意 |
[38:36] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[38:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:40] | I’m afraid we’ve gotten a little sentimental. | 恐怕我们有些感情用事了 |
[38:45] | Damn. You should have told me that. | 天呐 你早该告诉我的 |
[38:51] | I guess I was– I don’t know. | 我大概…我也不知道 |
[38:53] | I, uh… | 我… |
[38:56] | the factor didn’t seem relevant except to us. | 我觉得这种事不该告诉外人 |
[38:58] | I, um… | 我… |
[39:02] | didn’t want to lean on that. | 不希望拿它当筹码 |
[39:09] | Frank was a hell of a guy. | 弗兰克是个了不起的人 |
[39:10] | Best I can do is 25. | 我最多增加到2.5万 |
[39:12] | I don’t care if you make these characters out of cardboard | 我不在乎你们拿硬纸板做演员 |
[39:15] | or turn them into cartoons, you got to reduce the cast. | 或是做成卡通 你们得削减演员数目 |
[39:17] | – That’s all you get. – I understand. | -只能这样 -我明白 |
[39:23] | I’ll show you out. | 我来送您出去 |
[39:29] | You should come to Piping Rock this Sunday. | 你这周日该去一下”派普岩”休闲俱乐部 |
[39:30] | Get in a few holes before all the grass dies. | 在草枯萎之前再打几杆 |
[39:33] | We’ll see. | 到时候再约吧 |
[39:36] | Was that really necessary? | 真的有必要这样吗 |
[39:41] | Leave us alone. | 你先出去 |
[39:55] | What was that? | 刚刚是什么情况 |
[39:56] | That was the best I could do. | 我只能帮你到这儿了 |
[40:00] | Do you want me to tell him the truth? | 难道你想让我说出实情吗 |
[40:01] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[40:03] | You’re not thinking with your head. | 你现在做事不经大脑 |
[40:04] | That was your solution? Try and embarrass me? | 那就是你的解决办法吗 让我难堪 |
[40:08] | You’re embarrassing yourself. | 是你给自己找难堪 |
[40:10] | I know your little girl has beautiful eyes, | 我知道你的妞眼睛会说话 |
[40:11] | but that doesn’t mean you give her everything. | 但你不能因此帮她呼风唤雨 |
[40:13] | That has nothing to do with it. | 跟那个毫无关系 |
[40:15] | Come on, we’ve all been there. | 得了吧 我们都有过类似的经历 |
[40:18] | I mean, not with Peggy. | 我不是说我跟佩奇也有过 |
[40:19] | Don’t say that about her. | 别那样说她 |
[40:21] | Ted, you’re kidding yourself. | 泰德 你这是自欺欺人 |
[40:23] | Everybody sees it. Just ask your secretary. | 大家都看到了 问你的秘书去 |
[40:28] | Your judgment is impaired. | 你的判断力已经受影响了 |
[40:33] | You’re not thinking with your head. | 你根本没用脑子在思考 |
[40:51] | Good morning, Bob. | 早上好 鲍勃 |
[40:55] | How you doing, boss? | 你好啊 老大 |
[40:56] | I thought for certain you would have brought me a coffee today. | 我还以为你今天会给我送一杯咖啡来呢 |
[41:01] | You want me to go get one? | 要我去给你拿一杯吗 |
[41:05] | I’ve always wondered how you were so expertly servile. | 我一直很好奇你为何如此奴颜婢膝 |
[41:08] | But now I know. It used to be your profession. | 但现在我算知道了 那曾是你的老本行 |
[41:13] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[41:15] | Well, for one thing, I wanted you to stop smiling. | 首先 我要你别再傻笑了 |
[41:20] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[41:22] | I’ve been awake all night | 我一夜没睡 |
[41:23] | wondering what you do when you’re found out. | 想着你被发现后 会怎么做 |
[41:25] | This must have happened before. | 以前肯定也发生过 |
[41:28] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[41:30] | – Who hired you? – You did. | -谁聘用你的 -你 |
[41:33] | When? | 什么时候 |
[41:34] | I met with Ken. You walked in, | 我当时和肯见面 你走了进来 |
[41:36] | complimented my tie and walked out. | 夸了我的领带 又走出去了 |
[41:39] | It was the best day of my life. | 那简直是我人生中最美好的一天 |
[41:43] | Well, your fraud is irrefutable. | 你的欺诈无可狡辩 |
[41:47] | Can I have a day’s head start? | 能再给我一天时间吗 |
[41:49] | Can you give me that at least | 你能至少满足我这个愿望吗 |
[41:51] | after all I’ve done for you? | 毕竟我也曾为你做过不少事 |
[41:54] | You’ve done more for me than I’ve done for you. | 你为我做的远比我为你做的多 |
[41:57] | Spectacular. | 真是好极了 |
[41:58] | You don’t respond well to gratitude. | 你不怎么懂得回应别人的感激啊 |
[42:01] | So you’re just going to run? | 你打算逃跑吗 |
[42:03] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[42:05] | It terrifies me what you could do in a day. | 我很担心你一天之内会干出什么事情来 |
[42:07] | No, Bob, you’re going to get the benefit of the fact | 不 鲍勃 你将因祸得福 |
[42:10] | that I’ve been here before. | 因为我也曾有过同样的处境 |
[42:13] | I don’t know how people like you do it. | 我不知道像你这样的人是怎么做的 |
[42:16] | You’re certainly better at it than I am at whatever I do. | 你做起我的工作来 显然更加得心应手 |
[42:20] | But I would like to think that I have learned | 但我认为我已学会 |
[42:22] | not to tangle with your kind of animal. | 不跟你这种禽兽发生纠葛 |
[42:25] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[42:28] | Where you are and who you are | 你身在何处 身为何人 |
[42:30] | is not my concern. | 我都不关心 |
[42:34] | I surrender. | 我放弃了 |
[42:38] | So what does that mean to me? | 那对我来说意味着什么 |
[42:41] | I want you to graciously accept my apologies. | 我要你和颜悦色地接受我的道歉 |
[42:46] | Work alongside me, but not too closely. | 与我合作 但别靠我太近 |
[42:49] | Again, I don’t understand. | 我还是不明白 |
[42:51] | Yes, you do. | 不 你明白得很 |
[42:52] | I’m off-limits. | 你不能打我的主意 |
[43:03] | And please, can you find a way | 拜托 你能想办法 |
[43:06] | to get your friend out of my mother’s life? | 让你朋友别再打扰我母亲的生活吗 |
[43:10] | You know she’s demented. | 你知道她老年痴呆 |
[43:11] | Manolo doesn’t like women. | 曼努诺不喜欢女人 |
[43:14] | Make sure. | 务必保证 |
[43:44] | Sally. | 萨丽 |
[43:46] | What? | 怎么了 |
[43:51] | So you got what you wanted | 你以为你得到了你想要的 |
[43:52] | and now you think you can be rude. | 就可以没礼貌了吗 |
[43:57] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[44:00] | I’m not going to tell you what Mrs. Beresford said | 我不会跟你说 你告别时 |
[44:02] | to me when you were saying good-bye. | 布雷斯弗德夫人跟我说了什么 |
[44:05] | She talked to you? | 她跟你谈了吗 |
[44:09] | She said you were curious and bright | 她说你充满好奇心 又聪明 |
[44:11] | and received glowing reports from all concerned. | 在一切方面的表现都很好 |
[44:14] | But? | 但是呢 |
[44:16] | She said a girl like you coming from this family | 她说像你这样来自这种家庭的孩子 |
[44:19] | will have plenty of choices | 通常有很多选择 |
[44:20] | and she hopes you choose them. | 她希望你选择他们学校 |
[44:28] | Now get me a cigarette and give me some details. | 给我根烟 跟我说详细点 |
[44:41] | You want one, don’t you? | 你也想来一根 不是吗 |
[44:47] | Go ahead. | 抽吧 |
[44:49] | I’d rather have you do it in front of me than behind my back. | 我宁愿你当着我的面抽 而不是背着我 |
[44:58] | I’m sure your father has given you a beer. | 我敢说你爸一定让你喝过啤酒了 |
[45:02] | My father has never given me anything. | 我爸什么也没给过我 |
[45:14] | Did you tell him that I need to see him? | 你跟他说了我要见他吗 |
[45:16] | – He went home. – When? | -他回家了 -什么时候 |
[45:19] | Right after I told him you needed to see him. | 就在我跟他说你要见他之后 |
[45:29] | I know what you did, | 我知道你干了什么 |
[45:30] | I just don’t know why you did it. | 但不明白你为什么要那样做 |
[45:32] | Calm down. | 冷静点 |
[45:33] | You want to offer me a drink? | 你是想给我倒杯饮料 |
[45:35] | Pretend like you’re helping a little more? | 假装又是在帮我吗 |
[45:37] | Close the door. | 关上门 |
[45:39] | Oh, of course. You deserve privacy. | 当然了 就你需要隐私 |
[45:40] | Look, there’s still enough money for the ad. | 听着 那钱用来拍广告还是够的 |
[45:43] | We’ll make it work. | 我们会想办法做成功的 |
[45:43] | Stop hiding behind the ad. | 别再拿广告当借口了 |
[45:46] | I know what you did. | 我知道你干了什么 |
[45:48] | I saved both of you. | 我救了你们两个 |
[45:50] | How do you think it looks? | 你觉得那看上去像什么样 |
[45:52] | You hate that he is a good man. | 你讨厌他是一个好人 |
[45:55] | He’s not that virtuous. | 他也没那么善良正直 |
[45:58] | He’s just in love with you. | 他只是爱上你罢了 |
[46:00] | Well, you killed him. | 你毁了他 |
[46:02] | You killed the ad. | 你毁了那个广告 |
[46:03] | You killed everything. You can stop now. | 你毁了一切 现在可以收手了 |
[46:08] | I’m just looking out for the agency. | 我只是为了公司着想 |
[46:13] | You’re a monster. | 你简直是个恶魔 |