时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:44] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[00:46] | Because I want you to pay attention. | 我希望你能集中注意力听 |
[00:48] | This is the beginning of something. | 接下来是一个伟大创意描述的开始 |
[00:50] | Do you have time to improve your life? | 你有时间去改善生活吗 |
[00:53] | Do you have precisely 30 seconds for a word from Accutron watches? | 你有30秒时间来了解一下阿克特隆电子表吗 |
[00:57] | The watch appears bottom third. | 此表长相平平 |
[00:59] | The second hand moves with a fluid sweep | 秒针转动时呈流线体 |
[01:01] | and above it–“Accutron Time.” | 上面写着”阿克特隆时间” |
[01:04] | You go into a business meeting. | 假设你出席一个商业会议 |
[01:06] | Is there food in your teeth? Ashes on your tie? | 你的牙上是否粘着食物 领带上是否有灰尘 |
[01:09] | And you’ve got nothing to say. | 你在会上无话可说 |
[01:10] | The meeting is boring, but you can’t be. | 会议可以无聊 但你不可以 |
[01:12] | But you’re wearing an Accutron. | 不过你戴着阿克特隆手表 |
[01:14] | This watch makes you interesting. | 那块表会让你显得有趣 |
[01:17] | It’s a boardroom. It’s black and white. | 背景是会议室 黑白片 |
[01:19] | We hear light traffic. No talking. | 能依稀听到车辆的声音 没有说话声 |
[01:22] | We just see our man, you, | 我们看见了主角 也就是你 |
[01:24] | late 20s, shaggy with a youthful cowlick, | 近30岁 留着彰显年轻的蓬乱鬈发 |
[01:27] | but in a suit and tie. | 却身着正装 |
[01:28] | This is a businessman | 一看就是个生意人 |
[01:30] | staring at his watch as muffled conversation swirls around him. | 正盯着自己的表 任由周围被谈话声席卷 |
[01:34] | Now we just hear the electronic hum. | 接下来我们听到电子的嗡嗡声 |
[01:41] | He stands up and the faces come into view. | 他站了起来 其他面孔进入镜头 |
[01:44] | A couple of white haired men | 几个白发男人 |
[01:45] | and a contemporary who looks like Steve McQueen. | 和一个酷似影星史提夫·麦昆的当代人 |
[01:48] | You shake hands and “Steve McQueen” gets a look at your watch. | 你们互相握手 史提夫·麦昆看了一眼你的表 |
[01:52] | We hear the first words. | 此刻终于有了声音 |
[01:54] | “Is that Swiss?” | “那是瑞士产的吗” |
[01:56] | Now we’re in color | 然后切换成彩色背景 |
[01:57] | and it’s a little interview for the two of them | 他们二人略微交谈 |
[01:59] | while the other men look, | 另一位看着 |
[02:00] | outlining the benefits of this watch. | 突显这块表带来的好处 |
[02:03] | It is Swiss. It is accurate. | 确实是瑞士的 它非常精准 |
[02:06] | It is the height of design and technology. | 集最精美的设计和最尖端的科技于一身 |
[02:10] | “Accutron. It’s not a timepiece. | “阿克特隆 不仅仅是计时器 |
[02:13] | It’s a conversation piece.” | 更是话题王” |
[02:20] | Wow, Freddy. | 哇 弗雷迪 |
[02:24] | That’s a home run. | 简直是全垒打 |
[02:26] | Actually, it’s kind of an end run. | 其实 更像是端线外侧迂回进攻 |
[02:30] | That is not what I expected. | 跟我预计得完全不一样 |
[02:32] | There’s a nice way to say that | 你原本可以说得很动听的 |
[02:33] | and there’s the way you just said it. | 却偏偏说出这种带贬义的话 |
[02:36] | Well, it’s really good. | 真是精彩 |
[02:38] | They’re going to resist that black and white thing. | 他们会反对黑白片的部分 |
[02:40] | Yeah, but nobody’s done it. | 确实 但没人那样做过 |
[02:42] | Not that I know of. | 至少据我所知没有 |
[02:44] | “Accutron, it’s time for a conversation.” | “阿克特隆 为您创造谈话机会” |
[02:47] | It’s not as dramatic and it hides the benefit. | 那样戏剧性不够强 也显示不出它的优点 |
[02:50] | I don’t know. It sounds more elegant to me. | 我也说不清 就是觉得更文雅一些 |
[02:54] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[02:56] | You wanted me to tell you | 你之前让我 |
[02:57] | when it was five minutes until the status meeting. | 在例会前5分钟提醒你 |
[02:59] | Thank you, Shirley. | 谢谢 雪莉 |
[03:02] | So, I’ll see you next week. | 我们下周见 |
[03:03] | I’m gonna have another cup of coffee. | 我要再喝杯咖啡 |
[03:06] | You really put the “free” in freelancer, don’t you? | 作为自由撰稿人 你可真会享用免费的东西 |
[03:25] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:25] | Hello, daddy. | 你好 爸爸 |
[03:30] | How are you, honey? | 你好吗 宝贝 |
[03:32] | I’m well. | 我很好 |
[03:33] | I thought I’d catch you before you went to the office. | 我估摸着在你上班前能联系到你 |
[03:36] | Right. | 是啊 |
[03:38] | I’d like to have brunch Sunday morning. | 我想约你周日早晨一起吃早午餐 |
[03:40] | Sure. That’d be nice. | 好啊 当然可以 |
[03:43] | I’ll bring vodka. We’ll have bloody marys. | 我会带伏特加来的 一起喝血腥玛丽 |
[03:45] | No, in a restaurant. | 不 是去餐厅吃 |
[03:47] | How about the plaza? They have vodka. | 广场餐厅如何 那里也有伏特加 |
[03:50] | It’ll just be me. | 只有我一个人来 |
[03:52] | Sounds touching. | 真令人感动 |
[03:55] | 10:30. Bye-bye. | 10点半 拜拜 |
[03:57] | Bye, honey. | 再见 宝贝 |
[04:00] | I feel like we really got somewhere last night. | 我觉得我们昨晚真的共赴巫山了吧 |
[04:10] | Hello, Dawn. Gentlemen. | 你好 唐恩 先生们 |
[04:13] | The team is here. | 大家都到了 |
[04:14] | Fire when ready. | 准备好了就进来吧 |
[04:17] | How long is this meeting? | 要开多久的会 |
[04:20] | That depends on you, doesn’t it? | 那得看你们了 不是吗 |
[04:24] | Who do we have here? | 都有谁 |
[04:25] | 格拉迪斯·奈特 20世纪最伟大的福音歌手之一 | |
[04:25] | Gladys Knight and The Pips? | 奈特和她的种子合唱团吗 |
[04:28] | That’s very hip, Lou. | 你很时髦嘛 卢 |
[04:30] | Should I get the door, Lou? | 要关门吗 卢 |
[04:31] | Yes, nurse. | 是的 护士小姐 |
[04:37] | So, how is everybody today? | 大家都好吗 |
[04:39] | Ready for your routine checkup? | 准备好例行身体检查了吗 |
[04:41] | Just open your mouths and say “Ahh.” | 张开嘴 说”啊” |
[04:52] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[05:09] | And you do not have the weekend! | 你们周末也得给我加班 |
[05:13] | I can come back. | 我可以过会儿再来 |
[05:14] | No. Clara, can I get a buttered roll, please, from the lobby? | 不 克莱拉 帮我从大堂拿个奶油卷 |
[05:18] | Yes, of course. | 好的 |
[05:21] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[05:27] | What are you holding? | 你拿着什么 |
[05:28] | It’s Avon. You said you wanted to see me. | 关于雅芳的文件 你说你想见我 |
[05:31] | How many accounts do I have? | 我有多少客户 |
[05:32] | Well, it’s all of them. | 都在这儿了 |
[05:34] | It feels like more. | 我觉得该有更多 |
[05:36] | I’m walking into this office every day | 我每天走进这间办公室 |
[05:38] | and I barely get ahead of things | 但我这边的工作基本都无法展开 |
[05:39] | before I get Bob from Detroit around noon | 一直要等到中午鲍勃从底特律向我汇报 |
[05:41] | and Pete from LA around 2:00. | 再到下午2点听皮特的汇报 |
[05:43] | Is this Avon related, | 这和雅芳相关吗 |
[05:45] | or did you just need someone to hand you a tissue? | 还是说你只是想找个人来安慰你 |
[05:47] | I have no real help | 我根本没有帮手 |
[05:49] | except Torkelson, who’s Cutler’s guy. | 除了托克森 他还是卡特勒的人 |
[05:52] | And I think he’s making Clara nightly. | 他估计和克莱拉有一腿 |
[05:54] | That’s juicy. | 真是个猛料 |
[05:55] | He can have her. | 他可以享用她 |
[05:57] | The point is Butler Footwear just hired a new head of marketing | 重点是 巴特勒鞋业新雇了一名市场部主管 |
[06:00] | and if I meet with him, it’s a demotion. | 如果我去见他 那就是降级 |
[06:02] | You’re head of accounts. He’ll think he’s important. | 你是业务部主管 会让他觉得自己很重要的 |
[06:04] | That’s what it looks like to him. | 那是对他而言 |
[06:06] | But to Charles Butler Jr., | 但小查尔斯·巴特勒 |
[06:07] | it looks like I’m only as important as his head of marketing. | 会觉得我和他的市场部主管是一个级别的 |
[06:10] | If I have no underlings, I’m useless. | 要是没有下属 我就废了 |
[06:12] | Have Roger or Cutler meet with him. | 让罗杰或者卡特勒去见他 |
[06:14] | That’s two dumb ideas. You’re not listening to me. | 那两个主意都很蠢 你根本没用心听 |
[06:16] | This is a hierarchy. Do you understand that? | 事关等级制度 你明白吗 |
[06:21] | Tell him I couldn’t make it at the last minute. | 就跟他说我临时有事去不了了 |
[06:28] | 杰瑞·刘易斯 美国著名谐星 | |
[06:28] | I’m having dinner with Jerry Lewis or GM or somebody. | 说我和杰瑞·刘易斯或通用汽车公司的人约了晚饭 |
[06:30] | No, don’t mention other clients. | 算了 别提其他客户 |
[06:34] | Certainly. | 我当然不会 |
[06:36] | I appreciate your confidence in me. | 真是太感谢你这么”信任”我了 |
[06:38] | Make him go away. | 把他打发走 |
[06:40] | I have your roll and I have Bob Benson on the line. | 奶油卷准备好了 鲍勃·本森在线找您 |
[06:43] | You see this? I don’t have time to take a crap. | 瞧见没 我可没时间面对糟心的事 |
[06:50] | And last but not least, | 最后 同样很重要的一项 |
[06:53] | any news from the Motor City? | 汽车城那边有消息吗 |
[06:54] | Chevy XP collateral is scheduled to go to press Monday. | 雪佛兰XP下周一会向媒体公开 |
[06:58] | Hallelujah. | 真好 |
[06:58] | But we don’t have approved copy. | 但我们还没有定稿 |
[07:00] | We don’t even have a name for it. | 现在连名字都没想好 |
[07:02] | Dang it. | 见鬼 |
[07:03] | Chevy Graphics people keep telling me | 雪佛兰的摄影师不断跟我说 |
[07:05] | there’s a “Chevy Way” of doing things. | 雪佛兰有自己的处事方式 |
[07:07] | And money is no object. | 钱都不是问题 |
[07:08] | Get it in writing. | 记下来 |
[07:12] | You didn’t pick an angle for Accutron. | 你还没选定阿克特隆的广告创意呢 |
[07:14] | Wow, is that today? | 今天就要定了吗 |
[07:16] | Sure, I did. Dawn, what did I say? | 我定过了 唐恩 我说的什么 |
[07:20] | “Just in time to be on time.” | “适时出现 意在准时” |
[07:22] | That wasn’t one of the choices. I think that was a digression. | 那根本不是候选方案 我觉得那离题了 |
[07:25] | How about “Accutron is accurate.” | “阿克特隆 精准计时” 怎么样 |
[07:27] | That was one of the choices, I’m positive. | 我确定这句是备选方案 |
[07:30] | “It’s time for a conversation.” | “阿克特隆 为您创造谈话机会” |
[07:32] | I think that one’s more finished. | 我觉得这句更精巧 |
[07:34] | And I think you’re putting me in a position of saying | 我觉得你是在逼我说 |
[07:37] | I don’t care what you think. | “我不在乎你怎么想” |
[07:40] | Why would you put something in front of me | 既然你不想让我选它 |
[07:41] | that you don’t want me to pick? | 又为何把它当做备选方案呢 |
[07:44] | Because you told me to give you two ideas. | 因为你要我提供两个方案 |
[07:46] | You apparently only gave me one. | 你显然只提供给了我一个 |
[07:47] | Last week I gave you 30 choices | 我上周给了你30个提案 |
[07:49] | and you told me to bring you two. | 你却让我精简到2个 |
[07:51] | That’s the way we do it. | 那就是我们的行事之道 |
[09:01] | I like your car. | 我喜欢你的车 |
[09:02] | Your flight was late. | 你的飞机晚点了 |
[09:04] | We don’t have time to go home. | 我们没时间回家了 |
[09:05] | One quick dinner, | 先简单赴个晚宴 |
[09:06] | and the rest of the weekend we’re alone. | 然后就是甜蜜的二人周末了 |
[09:08] | So let’s go. | 那走吧 |
[09:12] | I can’t move the seat. | 车座没法移动 |
[09:33] | Where should we start, DDB or K&E? | 我们先说哪个 恒美或是肯恩&埃克哈公司 |
[09:35] | Surprise me. | 你决定吧 |
[09:48] | Well, hello there. | 你好啊 |
[09:50] | Why aren’t you brown? | 怎么没见你晒黑 |
[09:51] | It’s January in LA, too. | 现在洛杉矶也是一月啊 |
[09:53] | That’s no excuse. | 那可不是个好借口 |
[09:54] | Oh, Moira, can you remind me | 莫伊拉 麻烦你记得提醒我 |
[09:55] | to pick up two dozen bagels before the end of my trip? | 飞过去前要带两打百吉饼 |
[09:59] | So, the missus misses New York. | 看来你太太怀念纽约了啊 |
[10:03] | No, they are for Pete. Nan loves California. | 不 是给皮特的 南超爱加州 |
[10:06] | Aren’t you done with your adventure? | 你的冒险之旅还没享受够吗 |
[10:08] | You know how many times I’ve come down here looking for fun? | 我下来好多次找乐子你都不在 |
[10:10] | Isn’t Lou fun? | 卢不幽默吗 |
[10:11] | Lou’s great. We just miss you. | 卢很不错 但我们想你了 |
[10:16] | Why don’t you move Saint Joseph’s back another day? | 不如你把圣约瑟夫日的假期往后推一天 |
[10:18] | You’ll still have time to catch up. | 你还是够时间赶上进度的 |
[10:20] | You can come to the inauguration with me. | 你可以跟我一起参加开幕式 |
[10:22] | I’m supposed to take Sterling, but say the word, | 我本来要带斯特林去的 只要你一句话 |
[10:26] | I’ll jettison. | 我就甩了他 |
[10:27] | Moira, let’s start with Chevy. | 莫伊拉 先说说雪佛兰的进展 |
[10:29] | You’re really going to work? | 你这就要干活了 |
[10:30] | Pencil him in for tomorrow. | 把他加到明天的会客单里 |
[10:37] | That’s what I’ve been saying. | 我一直就是那个意思 |
[10:38] | I know. Okay, Ira. I’ve got to go. | 知道 好了艾拉 我先挂了 |
[10:42] | Hello, Alan. I’m sorry, I think I’m a little early. | 你好艾伦 对不起 我来的有点儿早 |
[10:46] | First actress ever to say that. | 你是第一个对我说这话的女演员 |
[10:48] | You look wonderful, honey. | 你看上去真是美极了 亲爱的 |
[10:50] | Don Draper, this is Alan Silver. | 这是唐·德雷柏 这是艾伦·希尔沃 |
[10:52] | Don’t get up. | 不必起来了 |
[10:57] | The husband is a matinee idol. | 你老公一看就是个万人迷 |
[11:00] | I told you. | 我就说吧 |
[11:02] | Don, I want to get one thing out of the way. | 唐 有件事情我要说清楚 |
[11:05] | Know that it was important to me | 对我来说很重要的一点就是 |
[11:07] | that you know the man | 你能了解我这个人 |
[11:08] | your wife is spending so much time with. | 毕竟你妻子有大量时间都跟我在一起 |
[11:10] | I assure you, it’s greed and nothing else. | 我保证 我只是为了钱 别无他求 |
[11:15] | I feel completely at ease. | 我很放心 |
[11:18] | My partners in New York | 我那些在纽约的合作伙伴们 |
[11:19] | promise a lot of things to girls when they come west. | 对西行来到加州的姑娘们没少开空头支票 |
[11:21] | They passed off a lot of dogs. | 他们给我找了不少庸脂俗粉 |
[11:23] | But your girl is something. | 但你妻子真的很出色 |
[11:26] | I mean, she’s the kind of girl who’s gonna shine for the network | 我是说 她重返小荧幕必将震惊电视网 |
[11:29] | in her callback for the “Bracken’s World” pilot. | 凭借《布拉肯的世界》试播集一炮而红 |
[11:32] | What? Get out of here. | 什么 不是吧 |
[11:34] | I will not. | 我说真的 |
[11:35] | I thought the guy hated me. | 我以为那家伙很讨厌我呢 |
[11:37] | But his boss loved you. | 但是他老板很欣赏你 |
[11:38] | I’ll say one thing about this girl, | 我就稍微点评一下你妻子吧 |
[11:40] | she evokes strong feelings. | 她演起戏来感情很到位 |
[11:43] | I feel like I just ate a bag of butterflies. | 我现在感觉心头小鹿乱撞 |
[11:46] | Let’s celebrate. | 我们庆祝一下吧 |
[11:48] | Young man. | 服务生 |
[11:51] | Let me get a bottle of French champagne for my French TV star here. | 给这位法国电视明星来一瓶法国香槟 |
[11:56] | I can’t believe it. When is it? | 我真不敢相信 什么时候开始 |
[11:58] | Wednesday, 9:15. We can hold off on fixing your teeth. | 周三9:15 整牙的事情可以拖一拖 |
[12:00] | Obviously I jumped the gun on that. | 我已经先斩后奏了 |
[12:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:05] | What network? | 哪家电视网 |
[12:07] | NBC NBC. | |
[12:08] | Such great news, honey. | 真是个好消息 亲爱的 |
[12:12] | Look at you two. | 瞧瞧你们 |
[12:14] | You’re my favorite couple. | 你们真是我心中的一对璧人 |
[12:24] | Mr. Barnes? Wayne? | 巴恩斯先生 韦恩 |
[12:27] | That’s me. | 正是我 |
[12:29] | I’m Joan Harris from SC&P. | 我是SC&P公司的琼·哈里斯 |
[12:31] | Should I tell them that we’re ready for a table? | 可以让服务生带我们去预定的位置了吗 |
[12:33] | Maybe we should wait for Ken. | 我们还是等等肯吧 |
[12:35] | Please, sit. | 请坐吧 |
[12:39] | What can I get you? | 你想喝点什么 |
[12:40] | I’ll have a coke. | 可乐就行 |
[12:42] | Two cokes. | 两杯可乐 |
[12:45] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[12:47] | Ken was called away on an emergency | 肯临时有要事处理 |
[12:48] | and rather than risk canceling on someone so important, | 但又不敢取消与您这等大客户的会面 |
[12:51] | he asked that I stand in. | 只好让我代为出席 |
[12:52] | Look, I must be crazy to be disappointed. | 我见到你这样的佳人又怎会失望 |
[12:55] | I’m sure you had a hard time keeping this seat empty, | 我相信你一定拒绝了很多想坐你身旁的男人吧 |
[12:57] | but this conversation is best for Ken. | 但有些事情还是跟肯谈好一些 |
[13:01] | Tell me about your new position. | 跟我说说你在新职位上的感想吧 |
[13:03] | Head of marketing. | 市场部主管 |
[13:05] | That’s not just new for you, | 不仅对你是个新职位 |
[13:06] | that’s new for Butler Footwear. | 对巴特勒鞋业也是一大新闻 |
[13:08] | They pay me to think about the four Ps, | 他们雇我做4P营销 |
[13:10] | price,product, place, and promotion. | 价格 产品 渠道 促销四维结合 |
[13:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:13] | That’s a smart way to think about it. | 真是个很有内涵的模式 |
[13:15] | I have a degree in business. | 我是商学科班出身 |
[13:17] | It’s not a science, but we try to make it one. | 虽然不如科学严谨 但我们也在尽力为之 |
[13:20] | Advertising is just a small piece of the marketing mixture | 广告只是市场营销的一个小环节 |
[13:23] | and it might be more effective | 如果能与公司业务实现更好的集成 |
[13:24] | if it’s better integrated into our business. | 运作起来一定会更加高效 |
[13:27] | So are you thinking about | 所以你的想法是 |
[13:28] | bringing one of our account executives into your office? | 让我们派驻一位客户经理到你们公司吗 |
[13:32] | Actually, I’d like to move all our advertising in-house. | 实际上 我是想在公司内部建立广告部 |
[13:40] | It does sound like the conversation | 听起来 此事确实 |
[13:42] | is getting bigger than the two of us. | 不是你我二人能做决断的了 |
[13:44] | There’s someone above you and someone below you | 你的上层有人 下层也有人 |
[13:46] | and everybody’s buying everybody dinner. | 大家相互间请客吃饭 |
[13:49] | Wouldn’t it be cheaper for Mr. Butler to just walk down the hall? | 巴特勒先生走几步就能到 成本岂不是要低得多 |
[13:53] | SC&P’s relationship with Butler Footwear | SC&P和巴特勒鞋业的合作关系 |
[13:56] | is very important to our company. | 对本公司来说非常重要 |
[13:58] | And I think you’re being shortsighted about our value. | 我觉得你低估了我们的价值 |
[14:01] | Well, I was hired to be bold. | 他们雇我就是进行大胆革新的 |
[14:03] | And I’m prepared to make my recommendation. | 我已经准备好了闪亮登场 |
[14:09] | Forgive me, but my wife will be excited | 原谅我 如果我这周有一天能够 |
[14:11] | to have me tuck the kids in at least once this week. | 早点回家替孩子们掖被子 我妻子会很开心的 |
[14:14] | Certainly, I just– | 当然了 只是… |
[14:17] | could you hold off on your recommendation a few days | 你能过几天再向公司提交革新方案吗 |
[14:21] | so that you can at least have the dinner you thought you were having? | 那样你至少可以和你想要的人共进晚餐了 |
[14:24] | Sure. Pleasure to meet you. | 当然 很高兴认识你 |
[14:26] | You as well. | 我也很高兴认识你 |
[14:33] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[14:35] | Could I get a splash of whiskey in this? | 能给我加点威士忌吗 |
[14:42] | I’ll get the bag. You go sit down. | 我来拿包 你去坐下吧 |
[14:52] | Take a quick look. | 迅速扫视一眼吧 |
[14:53] | Then I want to turn off the lights so you can see the view. | 然后我想关掉灯 让你欣赏美丽的夜景 |
[14:57] | I like what you did with it. | 我喜欢你做的设计 |
[14:59] | I love it. | 我爱死了 |
[15:01] | But my next house is gonna have a pool. Our next house. | 但我下个家一定要有泳池 我们的下个家 |
[15:08] | You sure you don’t want to move into a more populated area? | 你确定你不想搬到一个人迹更多的地方吗 |
[15:11] | It’s like Dracula’s castle up here. | 这里就像是吸血鬼德古拉的城堡 |
[15:14] | They’re far away, Don. | 他们都远着呢 唐 |
[15:16] | It’s just what happens to the sound in the canyon. | 山谷里的声音就是会有这样的回声效果 |
[15:19] | I’m scared, but I don’t want to turn the lights back on. | 我很怕 但我不想开灯 |
[15:30] | I’m a little dizzy. I just–I need to keep walking just for a second. | 我有点头晕 我得再接着走一会儿 |
[15:48] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:51] | I’ll make it up to you tomorrow. | 我明天再补偿你 |
[15:54] | Get some rest. | 好好休息吧 |
[16:04] | Don, honey. | 唐 亲爱的 |
[16:06] | Please don’t flick any cigarettes off the balcony. | 别把烟灰往阳台下面弹 |
[16:09] | I don’t know how, | 我也不知道是怎么回事 |
[16:10] | but everyone says they can tell where the fire starts. | 但大家都说他们能查出起火点在哪儿 |
[16:33] | Don? | 唐 |
[16:40] | I love my scarf. | 我好爱这条围巾 |
[16:42] | I thought with the convertible, you’d need a few. | 我觉得你开敞篷车 得需要好几条才行 |
[16:45] | It’s 9:00 and I have to get to class. | 已经9点了 我得去上课了 |
[16:47] | You want me to drop you at the office? | 你想让我顺道把你送去办公室吗 |
[16:49] | No, I’ll take a cab. | 不了 我乘出租车吧 |
[16:53] | Just don’t work all day, okay? | 别又工作一整天 好吗 |
[16:56] | And don’t rip the ads out of my magazines. | 也别从我的杂志上撕广告了 |
[17:06] | Stan, you want coffee? | 斯坦 你想要咖啡吗 |
[17:18] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么呢 |
[17:19] | I’m just catching up on all the work that’s been going on. | 我想抓紧时间掌握所有工作的进度 |
[17:22] | Looks good. Lou, he’s– | 看起来很不错 卢 他… |
[17:24] | Yes, absolutely. | 是啊 绝对的 |
[17:27] | So… | 那个… |
[17:28] | I have a lot to do. | 我还有很多事要做 |
[17:30] | Stan, do you want any coffee? | 斯坦 你要喝咖啡吗 |
[17:32] | Yes. | 要 |
[17:33] | What? | 什么 |
[17:34] | He said yes. | 他说要 |
[17:36] | Stan! | 斯坦 |
[17:37] | You don’t have to make me any. | 你不用替我泡的 |
[17:39] | I’ll be out of here in a minute. | 我马上就走 |
[17:42] | Ted. Good to see you. | 嘿 泰德 很高兴见到你 |
[17:44] | Hey, Stan. | 你好 斯坦 |
[17:46] | I thought you’d be tan. | 我以为你晒成了小麦色呢 |
[17:49] | Well, you’re in an office here, you’re in an office there. | 在这儿是成天坐办公室 在那儿也是坐办公室 |
[17:51] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[17:54] | You know what? I’m just going to get my work and get out of here. | 算了 我去拿上文件 离开这里了 |
[17:57] | Good to see you guys. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[18:03] | None of this seems related to coffee. | 似乎完全和咖啡无关啊 |
[18:10] | Buck up, chief. | 高兴一点 老大 |
[18:12] | I’m fine. It’s fine. | 我没事 没事的 |
[18:25] | You look good. | 你看上去很不错 |
[18:28] | You look well, too. | 你看上去也很好啊 |
[18:34] | Iced tea. | 冰茶 |
[18:36] | You really branched out into a new environment. | 你真的完全融入到新环境中去了 |
[18:39] | I did discover it in a homesick moment. | 我之前在思乡的时候发现了那个好地方 |
[18:42] | I flew back New Year’s Eve | 我除夕夜又飞回来了 |
[18:43] | after a week with my brother | 当时我已经跟我哥过了一周 |
[18:45] | and Christmas with Tammy and my in-laws. | 圣诞节是和塔米及我的岳父岳母一起过的 |
[18:48] | Sat at the counter by myself and immediately felt divine. | 一个人坐在吧台边 立刻有一种超脱感 |
[18:52] | I’ll have a Brooklyn Avenue. | 给我来一份布鲁克林大道吧 |
[18:54] | It’s pastrami with the coleslaw right on the sandwich. | 就是把熏肉和凉拌甘蓝直接放在三明治上面的 |
[18:57] | Two of those. | 来两份吧 |
[19:00] | Believe it or not, | 不管你信不信 |
[19:00] | Brooklyn Avenue is a street in East Los Angeles. | 布鲁克林大道真的是东洛杉矶的一条路名呢 |
[19:03] | The New Yorkers here, they brought as much as we need. | 在这里的纽约人 基本可以提供我们需要的一切 |
[19:07] | But the bagels are terrible. | 但是百吉饼实在做的太差了 |
[19:13] | Where are you living? | 你现在住在哪儿 |
[19:14] | I have an apartment by the tar pits. | 我在沥青池旁租了个公寓 |
[19:16] | It’s one bedroom, but it’s two stories. | 只有一间卧室 但是有两层 |
[19:19] | Must have quite a view. | 风景一定很不错吧 |
[19:21] | The city is flat and ugly and the air is brown, | 整个城市平坦又丑陋 空气也很污浊 |
[19:24] | but I love the vibrations. | 但我喜欢这里的氛围 |
[19:27] | You not only dress like a hippie, you talk like one. | 你不仅穿得像个嬉皮士 说起话来也像 |
[19:32] | What have you been up to? | 你最近在忙什么呢 |
[19:33] | Keeping busy. You sign anything out here? | 忙着呢 你在这里签下单了吗 |
[19:37] | Yeah. The first week I signed egg, salt fish and chips. | 当然了 我第一周就签下了鸡蛋咸鱼薯条店 |
[19:42] | Four stores. | 有4家店面呢 |
[19:44] | Didn’t Roger make an announcement? | 罗杰没有在公司宣布这事吗 |
[19:46] | I wouldn’t know. | 我又不知道 |
[19:48] | Oh, of course. | 对哦 |
[19:51] | Listen, you know if it was up to me, | 听着 你知道如果我能做决定 |
[19:52] | you’d be back there already. | 肯定已经把你弄回去了 |
[19:55] | How’s Ted? | 泰德怎么样 |
[19:57] | I noticed you timed it | 我注意到你故意瞅准了时间 |
[19:58] | so you’d be out here while he was back there. | 趁他回纽约的时候来这里 |
[20:01] | I came to see my wife. | 我是来见我妻子的 |
[20:03] | Yes, of course. | 是啊 当然了 |
[20:05] | I’ve been meaning to look her up. | 我一直想找她出来呢 |
[20:10] | It’s incredible, but he’s sour. | 真是太棒了 但他不开心 |
[20:13] | Maybe he doesn’t like the sun. | 或许是因为他不喜欢这里的阳光 |
[20:15] | Last weekend, middle of January, | 就在上周 正值一月中 |
[20:17] | Sunkist sent us out to the groves | 新奇士公司请我们去果园 |
[20:19] | and I picked an orange right off the tree. | 我亲手从树上摘下了一个橙子 |
[20:23] | It’s 75. There’s snow on the mountains. | 75华氏度的天气 山上还有雪呢 |
[20:26] | Ted sat in the car with the door open writing on a pad. | 泰德坐在车里 车门大开 在本子上写着什么 |
[20:33] | It’s good, isn’t it? | 很好吃 对吧 |
[20:36] | So although Beverly Hills has the patina of show business, | 尽管比弗利山是演艺界人士的古老聚居地 |
[20:39] | it’s really just accountants, lawyers, and dentists. | 但其实现在住的都是会计师 律师和牙医 |
[20:42] | And you can walk to lunch, although I don’t. | 可以直接步行去吃午餐 尽管我不会那样做 |
[20:46] | Very nice. | 非常好 |
[20:47] | So this is the chamber of horrors. | 这里是”恐怖屋” |
[20:49] | And then that’s my office. | 那就是我的办公室 |
[20:56] | Well. Wonder who that could be. | 不知道会是谁呢 |
[21:01] | Hello there. | 你好啊 |
[21:03] | Bonnie Whiteside. | 邦妮·维特萨德 |
[21:05] | This is Don Draper. | 这位是唐·德雷柏 |
[21:07] | Bonnie’s a real estate agent. | 邦妮是位房地产经纪人 |
[21:09] | She’s helping me find the ideal pad. | 她在帮我找到理想的住所 |
[21:11] | What, and leave the tar pits? | 怎么 要搬离沥青池吗 |
[21:13] | It’s cute, but he shouldn’t be renting. | 这里很好 但他不该租的 |
[21:21] | Those are some nice-looking properties. | 看上去真是些很不错的房产 |
[21:24] | Where are you living? | 你住在哪里 |
[21:26] | I told you, honey, Don’s bicoastal. | 我告诉过你 亲爱的 唐喜欢海边 |
[21:30] | I wanted to be by the ocean, but my wife rented a house in the hills. | 我想住在海边 但我妻子在山上租了房子 |
[21:33] | Great view. | 风景不错 |
[21:34] | City or valley? | 城里还是谷里 |
[21:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:39] | Well, when you’re tired of commuting, give me a call. | 如果你厌倦了奔波 给我来电 |
[21:45] | Don’t get excited, Don. She turns it on for everyone. | 别激动 唐 她对谁都这么热情 |
[22:01] | Professor Podolsky? | 帕杜斯基教授 |
[22:03] | Mrs. Harris, I presume? | 你应该是哈里斯夫人吧 |
[22:05] | I appreciate you meeting me on a Saturday. | 感谢你在周六见我 |
[22:08] | Well, the price is right and the company looks interesting. | 因为你出的价钱有诱惑 公司也很有趣 |
[22:17] | What exactly is the company, by the way? | 顺便问句 那家公司是做什么的 |
[22:20] | The client is in footwear. | 客户是鞋类公司 |
[22:23] | Shoes, women’s. | 女鞋 |
[22:25] | The new head of marketing wants to cut costs. | 新的市场部经理想减少开支 |
[22:31] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[22:32] | It’s 20 degrees out there and the kids are in sandals. | 外面二十度 年轻人都穿着凉鞋 |
[22:35] | Lowering overhead is not a bad idea. | 减少开支不是个坏主意 |
[22:38] | Is that where you’d start, | 你想以此作为切入点吗 |
[22:39] | keeping in mind “The Four Ps”? | 时刻牢记”4P”营销策略 |
[22:42] | Do you have an MBA? | 你是工商管理硕士吗 |
[22:44] | No, but their head of marketing does. | 不是 但他们的市场部经理是 |
[22:48] | These kids. | 那帮年轻人啊 |
[22:49] | Believe me, Rockefeller didn’t worry about “The Four Ps.” | 相信我 洛克菲勒可没有考虑过”4P” |
[22:52] | Still, I’m going to need an argument | 但我还是需要论点 |
[22:55] | and I think it’s going to need to be more technical than that. | 恐怕要比这个回答更学术些 |
[22:58] | I mean, if they’re not quitters, | 如果他们不半途而废 |
[22:59] | it makes more sense to diversify their lines or open foreign offices. | 丰富鞋类样式和设立外国分部更合理一些 |
[23:03] | How much to get an analysis like that in writing? | 写一篇这样的分析文章价格多少 |
[23:07] | Well, let’s see if you have anything to trade. | 那要看你有没有东西交换了 |
[23:10] | This is a business school. Doesn’t money work here? | 这里是商学院 不能用钱换吗 |
[23:14] | I’m doing an advertising research study. | 我在做一个广告调研 |
[23:18] | I wanted to know what percentage of your clients | 我想知道你们公司采用酬金制和佣金制的 |
[23:20] | work on fees versus commission. | 客户分别有多少 |
[23:27] | Well, when I started working, | 当我开始工作时 |
[23:29] | my goodness–16 years ago, | 天啊 那是16年前了 |
[23:31] | all of our clients were on commission. | 我们的所有客户都采用佣金制 |
[23:34] | We started discussing a fee-based model three years ago. | 3年前 我们开始谈论酬金模式 |
[23:37] | Now we’re at 50-50. | 现在两者各占一半 |
[23:40] | I don’t know if you can answer this, | 我不知道你能否回答这个问题 |
[23:42] | or even understand it, | 或者理解这个问题 |
[23:45] | but what is the difference? | 这两者有什么区别 |
[23:48] | Actually, I can answer that. | 实际上 我能回答 |
[23:50] | You’re going to need another pad. | 你需要再拿一个本子 |
[23:58] | Hello. | 回来啦 |
[24:01] | You frying bacon? | 你在煎培根吗 |
[24:04] | It’s in the coq au vin. | 在酒闷仔鸡里 |
[24:05] | And I made bread pudding with blueberries in it for dessert. | 我做了蓝莓面包布丁当甜点 |
[24:09] | Any wine left or did the chicken drink it all? | 仔鸡把酒都喝光了吧 还有酒吗 |
[24:12] | I picked you up a bottle. | 我给你买了一瓶 |
[24:14] | Better. | 更好 |
[24:18] | Oh, I think you have the wrong address. I don’t know. | 我想你们把地址搞错了 我不知道 |
[24:20] | Fellas, why don’t you put it over there? | 伙计们 放到那里 |
[24:22] | Over where? It’s huge. | 放到哪里啊 太大了 |
[24:25] | By the window. There’s a wall. That’s where it goes. | 窗户边有墙 应该放这里 |
[24:37] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[24:38] | You’ve got to sign. | 你得签字 |
[24:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:52] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么做这种事 |
[24:54] | You have an antenna on the roof? | 房顶有天线吗 |
[24:55] | It’s huge. | 太大了 |
[24:57] | It’s the way they make them now. | 现在的电视都这么大 |
[24:58] | How’s it gonna look, Don? | 别人会怎么看 唐 |
[24:59] | You know, everyone I know here is starving. | 这里我认识的其他人都在挨饿 |
[25:02] | You’re going to be on TV. | 你要上电视了 |
[25:03] | Don’t you want to watch yourself in “living color”? | 你不想看自己演的《活色生香》吗 |
[25:05] | Don’t jinx me. | 别说不吉利的话 |
[25:09] | I didn’t know an expensive gift would upset you. | 我不知道昂贵的礼物会惹你生气 |
[25:13] | You’re not here long enough for a fight. | 你刚来 我不想跟你吵架 |
[25:21] | What are you doing up so late? | 你怎么这么晚还不睡 |
[25:22] | My mama said to tell you the toilet’s clogged. | 我妈妈让我告诉你马桶堵了 |
[25:26] | Well, she’s not supposed to flush things down it. | 她不应该把某些东西冲下去 |
[25:29] | She’ll know what I’m talking about. | 她知道我是什么意思 |
[25:31] | My mama said some people just throw it out the window, | 我妈妈说有些人会把那东西扔向窗外 |
[25:34] | but she’s not gonna. | 但她不会的 |
[25:35] | You got to fix it. | 你必须去修 |
[25:36] | I’m sorry, Julio, but I just got home from work. | 抱歉 胡里奥 但我刚下班回家 |
[25:38] | It’s Saturday. Why you got to work? | 今天是周六 你为什么去上班 |
[25:41] | You got to fix it! | 你必须修好 |
[25:43] | You could ask nicely. That might work better. | 你语气好点 说不定我还会考虑 |
[25:45] | She said to yell at you. | 她让我对你吼 |
[25:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:47] | Because you don’t listen. | 因为你不好好听 |
[25:49] | I don’t understand her. | 我听不懂她说话 |
[25:55] | Here. This is yours. It’s a gift. | 给 送你了 这是个礼物 |
[25:57] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[26:00] | 在战火纷飞的年代 你是否憧憬过一个和平安宁的所在 那里没有纷扰 唯有幸福安康 | |
[26:15] | 你当然有过 自从人行于世 每个人都有过同样的梦想 它有时被称为乌托邦 长生泉 有时仅仅叫做”小鸡农场” | |
[26:31] | What is this? | 在播什么啊 |
[26:33] | Let’s go to bed. | 我们去床上睡吧 |
[26:44] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[26:46] | We haven’t celebrated. | 我们还没庆祝呢 |
[26:49] | Oh, I didn’t know if you wanted to. | 我不知道你是否想庆祝 |
[26:54] | I do. | 我想 |
[26:59] | Let me brush my teeth. | 让我刷一下牙 |
[27:36] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[27:55] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[27:59] | I’m just– | 我只是 |
[28:01] | I don’t know why I feel nervous. | 不知为何我很紧张 |
[28:04] | About this? | 为这个吗 |
[28:06] | About everything. | 为所有事 |
[28:13] | Don’t. | 别紧张 |
[28:49] | Good morning. | 早 |
[28:52] | How much time do we have? | 我们还有多长时间 |
[28:56] | I’m on the red-eye. | 我坐夜间航班 |
[29:01] | I hate this. | 我讨厌这样 |
[29:04] | We have the rest of the day. | 我们有一整天 |
[29:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:14] | I’m sorry, but I have to get back to work. | 抱歉 但我得去工作了 |
[29:28] | Hello. | 你好 |
[29:31] | They saved all the construction for Sunday. | 周日到处都在施工 |
[29:34] | It’s okay, daddy. Catch your breath. | 没事的 爸爸 喘口气吧 |
[29:38] | It’s so good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[29:41] | Sweetheart, being summoned makes me nervous. | 亲爱的 被你特地叫来让我很紧张 |
[29:44] | No, everything’s wonderful. | 不 一切都很好 |
[29:47] | Can you give us a minute? | 能让我们独处一会儿吗 |
[29:52] | To the fear of an ambush. | 敬疑神疑鬼 |
[29:55] | To being together. | 敬团聚 |
[30:01] | What the hell are you up to? | 你到底想干什么 |
[30:05] | I just wanted to see you and | 我只想见你 |
[30:07] | tell you that it’s been too long and that, | 告诉你我们很久没见了 |
[30:11] | well, when all is said and done, I forgive you. | 事情都已经过去了 我决定原谅你 |
[30:16] | That’s beautiful to hear. | 很高兴能听到这话 |
[30:18] | Because I forgive you, too. | 因为我也原谅你 |
[30:19] | No, daddy. | 不 爸爸 |
[30:22] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[30:24] | And I forgive you. | 我也原谅你 |
[30:27] | All of your transgressions. | 你的那些过错 |
[30:32] | Abandoning mother, | 抛弃妈妈 |
[30:34] | making me ask for money, | 逼我开口向你借钱 |
[30:37] | your intermittent interest in Ellery. | 你对埃勒里时有时无的关心 |
[30:40] | I don’t even care that you smell like incense | 我甚至不介意你闻起来像焚香 |
[30:43] | or have any thoughts about your current, quote, “state of affairs.” | 也不在乎你现在所谓的”感情事态” |
[30:49] | You know, I simply forgive you. | 总之 我原谅你了 |
[30:54] | You want me to say I’m sorry? | 你希望我说对不起吗 |
[30:57] | Because I don’t agree with all that. | 因为我并不同意你说的 |
[31:00] | Where the hell is this coming from? | 你怎么会想起来跟我说这些 |
[31:02] | Well, if you must know, I’ve been searching. | 如果你一定要问 我一直在寻找答案 |
[31:06] | And with a little help, I’ve come to understand | 在一些外界帮助下 我理解了 |
[31:09] | that anger can be vanquished by love. | 爱能够克服愤怒 |
[31:13] | You going to church? | 你开始去教堂了吗 |
[31:14] | Not in any way you’d understand. | 你是不会理解的 |
[31:16] | Then what do you want from me? | 那你想让我做什么 |
[31:18] | Nothing. You can’t make it better. | 没什么 现在这样再好不过了 |
[31:25] | So now we’re just supposed to eat eggs benedict? | 那我们就点火腿蛋松饼吃吗 |
[31:27] | I would love that. | 我觉得很好 |
[31:49] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[31:51] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[31:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:04] | Do you want a sleeping pill? | 你需要安眠药吗 |
[32:06] | No, thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[32:08] | You know what? Me either. | 你知道吗 我也不需要 |
[32:13] | I’m sorry. Don’t tell me you enjoy flying. | 抱歉 别告诉我你喜欢坐飞机 |
[32:16] | I fly a lot. | 我经常坐 |
[32:19] | And I’m always hoping I was seated next to, | 而我一直期待着坐在一位 |
[32:23] | well, someone like you. | 你这样的女士旁边 |
[32:26] | Instead of a man with a hairpiece eating a banana. | 而不是戴着假发啃着香蕉的男人 |
[32:30] | But why would I expect anything else? | 我肯定是不会期望别的啊 |
[32:33] | You can blame Madison Avenue for that. | 你可以怪麦德逊大道上那些广告公司 |
[32:35] | Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. | 女士们先生们 现在是机长广播 |
[32:44] | Where were you? I was worried. | 你去哪里了 我好担心 |
[32:46] | I thought we hated all things domestic. | 我还以为你不喜欢家里的一切 |
[32:49] | You sound uptight. | 你听起来很烦躁 |
[32:50] | Man walks in, obviously having tied one on, | 男人走进来 明显喝得酩酊大醉 |
[32:53] | the woman says, “Where were you?” | 女人问 你去哪里了 |
[32:56] | Kind of establishment. | 典型的婚后生活 |
[32:57] | Why are you being so mean? | 你为什么这么刻薄 |
[32:59] | Move over. | 挪开点 |
[33:05] | Oh, Christ. Move him over, too. | 天啊 把他也挪开点 |
[33:08] | Is that my vest? | 那是我的背心吗 |
[33:10] | If you were with someone, I don’t care. | 我不介意你和其他女人一起 |
[33:12] | You know anyone’s welcome in this bed. | 你也知道这张床对所有人开放 |
[33:15] | I just want to get some sleep. | 我只是想睡一会儿 |
[33:36] | I’d like to put this on, but vanity is preventing me. | 我想戴上这个 但虚荣心在作怪 |
[33:41] | You want me to wear mine so I don’t see you? | 要我也戴上吗 这样就看不见你了 |
[33:50] | This is nice. I usually sleep alone. | 感觉真好 我通常独自睡觉 |
[33:55] | What about the man that gave you that ring. | 给你戴上婚戒的男人呢 |
[33:58] | He passed away. | 他去世了 |
[34:02] | A year ago, actually. | 在一年前 实际上 |
[34:03] | I was– | 我… |
[34:07] | He wanted his ashes scattered at Pebble Beach. | 他希望将骨灰撒在卵石滩上 |
[34:10] | How was that? | 结果呢 |
[34:13] | I failed. | 我没办到 |
[34:15] | It’s a very popular spot for such things. | 那是个很抢手的地方 |
[34:18] | Apparently, they don’t want another sand trap. | 显然 他们不希望出现更多的沙坑 |
[34:22] | I ended up at his second choice. | 结果只好去他的第二选择地 |
[34:25] | Disneyland. | 迪士尼乐园 |
[34:29] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[34:32] | Have you ever been there? | 你去过那里吗 |
[34:33] | I have. | 去过 |
[34:36] | Where is he now? | 他葬在哪里 |
[34:39] | Tom Sawyer Island. | 汤姆·索耶岛 |
[34:43] | That’s probably a popular destination, too. | 那里恐怕也很抢手 |
[34:46] | Yes, they were very vigilant. It took some doing. | 是的 他们很谨慎 我花了些功夫 |
[34:52] | How old was he? | 他享年多少岁 |
[34:54] | He would have been 50. | 他如果没去世今年就50岁了 |
[34:58] | So, much older? | 那他比你大很多吧 |
[35:02] | He worked fast, too. | 他工作也很辛苦 |
[35:05] | What happened to him? | 他是怎么去世的 |
[35:08] | He was thirsty. | 他口渴 |
[35:12] | He died of thirst. | 他是渴死的 |
[35:15] | His company sent him to a hospital. | 他的公司送他去医院 |
[35:19] | I went with him. | 我也一起去的 |
[35:21] | I was supposed to be part of the cure somehow. | 不知为何我本该参与治疗过程 |
[35:29] | And all I did was observed. | 但我只是在一旁观察 |
[35:33] | I thought he was really getting better. | 我以为他真的有所好转 |
[35:39] | Then a doctor told me he’d be dead in a year. | 结果医生告诉我他只能活一年 |
[35:44] | All of them would be. | 所有患者都是 |
[36:03] | I’m gonna close my eyes now. | 我要闭上眼睛了 |
[36:17] | Ladies and gentlemen, good morning. | 女士们先生们 早上好 |
[36:19] | Despite our best efforts, | 尽管我们已经做了最大努力 |
[36:20] | we’re still stacked up, | 但还需继续排队等待降落 |
[36:22] | but it looks like we’re two away. | 看起来前面只有两架飞机了 |
[36:24] | I think that we’ll begin our descent in 15 minutes. | 我们大概可以在15分钟后开始降落 |
[36:27] | Sorry, I think I dozed off. | 抱歉 我睡着了 |
[36:30] | You have a few more minutes. | 你还可以再睡一会儿 |
[36:37] | If I was your wife, I wouldn’t like this. | 如果我是你妻子 我不会喜欢你这样的 |
[36:42] | She knows I’m a terrible husband. | 她知道我不是个好丈夫 |
[36:47] | How long have you been married? | 你们结婚多久 |
[36:50] | Not long enough. | 不是很久 |
[36:55] | I really thought I could do it this time. | 我真的以为这一次可以维持 |
[36:58] | Did she kick you out? | 她把你赶出来了吗 |
[36:59] | No. | 不是 |
[37:02] | She doesn’t know that much, but she knows. | 她不知道那么多 但她知道些事情 |
[37:06] | Well, if she doesn’t know, you should just keep it that way. | 如果她不知道 你就不该让她知道 |
[37:11] | That’s what people do. | 人们都这样做 |
[37:16] | I keep wondering. | 我总是在想 |
[37:21] | Have I broken the vessel? | 我是否破坏了我们的婚姻 |
[37:25] | If you did, what can you do about it? | 如果已经破坏了 你又能怎样呢 |
[37:28] | It’s done. | 破镜无法重圆 |
[37:39] | I bet I could make you feel better. | 我想我可以让你感觉好一些 |
[37:42] | I bet you could. | 我相信你可以 |
[37:46] | There’s a car waiting for me. I can give you a lift. | 有辆车在机场等着我 我可以送你一程 |
[37:54] | I’m sorry, but I have to get back to work. | 抱歉 但我得回去工作 |
[38:11] | Your tenant Mrs. Rodriguez called again about her toilet. | 你的租客罗德里格斯女士又打来说马桶的事 |
[38:15] | She was hard to understand, | 她的英语说得让人听不懂 |
[38:16] | but I think she said she’s calling the alderman. | 但我觉得她威胁说要向市政官举报 |
[38:20] | Call my sister Anita and tell her to get Gerry | 打给我姐姐安妮塔 让她叫格里 |
[38:21] | and his friend the plumber up there. | 和他的水管工朋友过来 |
[38:23] | Shouldn’t I just call Gerry? | 我何不直接打给格里 |
[38:24] | No. Anita can ask her husband, | 不 安妮塔可以请她丈夫帮忙 |
[38:26] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[38:27] | Good morning, ladies. | 早上好 女士们 |
[38:29] | Good morning. How was your weekend? | 早上好 周末过得怎么样 |
[38:30] | Peachy. Cut up some firewood. | 很好 还砍柴来着 |
[38:34] | I’m sorry about last week. | 上周的事我很抱歉 |
[38:37] | You’re right that I shouldn’t have suggested something I didn’t like. | 你说得对 我不该提议我不喜欢的创意 |
[38:40] | I never gave it another thought. | 我没有多想 |
[38:44] | Well, I did | 我想了 |
[38:45] | and I realized that Freddy’s original idea was the best, | 而我意识到弗雷迪原本的创意是最好的 |
[38:49] | but I didn’t do it justice. | 是我没有表达到位 |
[38:50] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[38:51] | I already said yes. | 我已经做过选择了 |
[38:53] | “Accutron, it’s not a timepiece, | “阿克特隆 不仅仅是计时器 |
[38:55] | it’s a conversation piece.” | 更是话题王” |
[38:58] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[39:02] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[39:03] | Morning, Lou. | 早上好 卢 |
[39:05] | This is actually a big idea. | 这真的是个好创意 |
[39:08] | Why are you making this so hard? | 你为什么搞得这么复杂 |
[39:10] | Open the door and walk in. | 打开门走进去就行了 |
[39:11] | You do not need to parachute in through the ceiling. | 你没必要跳伞破天花板而入啊 |
[39:14] | But I don’t mind. I just want to give you my best. | 但我不介意 我想把我的最佳水平展示给你 |
[39:17] | I don’t know, Peggy. | 怎么说呢 佩奇 |
[39:18] | I guess I’m immune to your charms. | 我觉得你的魅力对我无效 |
[39:22] | Can I get some coffee? | 能给我倒杯咖啡吗 |
[39:29] | Good morning, Clara. Is Ken in yet? | 早上好 克莱拉 肯在吗 |
[39:31] | No, he’s on the plane. | 不在 他在飞机上 |
[39:32] | As soon as he lands, I need to speak with him regarding Butler. | 他降落后我要马上跟他谈巴特勒鞋业的事 |
[39:36] | Good for you. Mr. Butler is coming in this week. | 你运气不错 巴特勒先生这周会来 |
[39:39] | What? | 什么 |
[39:41] | Get Wayne Barnes on the line–now. | 给我接韦恩·巴恩斯的电话 马上 |
[39:52] | Mr. Barnes on line three. | 巴恩斯先生在三号线上 |
[39:59] | Joan? | 琼 |
[40:04] | You already set a meeting? | 你已经安排好会面了吗 |
[40:06] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[40:07] | I took you seriously, but you didn’t take me seriously. | 我认真对待你 你却没有认真对待我 |
[40:10] | Look, I know you’re fighting for your job, | 听着 我知道你是为了你的工作在争取 |
[40:12] | but don’t get emotional. | 但别太激动 |
[40:13] | I’m fighting for your job. | 我是在为你的工作努力 |
[40:18] | Okay, well, I appreciate it, | 好吧 我很感激 |
[40:20] | but don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. | 但别担心我 我会没事的 |
[40:22] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[40:24] | Let’s talk about your in-house advertising agency. | 那我们就来聊聊你们的内部广告公司吧 |
[40:27] | You think you can go into a network | 你觉得凭着你的支票本 |
[40:29] | or a newspaper with your checkbook | 你们就能登上电视或者报纸 |
[40:30] | and get the space we get | 获得跟我们同样大的宣传空间吗 |
[40:32] | when we deal with them every day with 30 clients? | 我们可是每天都有30家客户的筹码在手 |
[40:35] | You will be competing against us, | 你那是跟我们竞争 |
[40:37] | not against other shoe companies. | 不是跟别的鞋业公司 |
[40:39] | We both know the shoe business | 我们都清楚鞋业 |
[40:40] | is going to decline for some time in the future. | 在未来一定会衰落的 |
[40:44] | If you make a bold move now, | 如果你现在大胆改革 |
[40:45] | that decline will be your responsibility. | 那衰落的责任就会全落到你头上 |
[40:49] | What are you gonna do then? | 到时候你要怎么做 |
[40:51] | You can only fire us once. | 你只能解雇我们一次 |
[40:53] | So what am I supposed to do? | 那我应该怎么做 |
[40:55] | I already set the meeting. | 我已经安排了会面 |
[40:57] | Cancel it. | 取消吧 |
[40:58] | No, I’m asking you, what do I do? | 不 我是在问你 我要怎么做 |
[41:08] | Tell them we cancelled the meeting. | 告诉他们 我们取消了会面 |
[41:10] | We need more time to present a revised media strategy. | 我们还需要些时间准备新修改的媒体策略展示 |
[41:14] | Yes. | 好的 |
[41:15] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:16] | I’m still expecting to meet with Ken. | 我还是想跟肯见面 |
[41:19] | I’ll follow up on that today. | 今天我会搞定的 |
[41:20] | You’d better. | 最好是这样 |
[41:31] | Did you tell him to prepare more boards for Accutron? | 你让他为阿克特隆多准备几块展示牌吗 |
[41:33] | Do you want to do it? | 你想做吗 |
[41:34] | No, I want to do it. I don’t know what I did. | 不 是我想做 我不知道我做了什么 |
[41:36] | Get out of here. | 出去吧 |
[41:38] | He may be in the art department, but he reports to me. | 他也许是美术部的人 但他得向我汇报 |
[41:40] | We already have boards | 我们已经准备了几块 |
[41:42] | for “Accutron is accurate.” | “阿克特隆 精准计时” 的展示牌 |
[41:43] | You know that’s a loser. | 你知道那条肯定不行的 |
[41:44] | I think if he could see both of them, he’ll change his mind. | 我想如果他两块都看到 他会改变主意的 |
[41:47] | Or at least let us show both to the client. | 至少两块都要给客户看 |
[41:49] | Let it go, baby. It’s dead. | 放手吧 宝贝 已经没希望了 |
[41:52] | No, I just don’t think he’s given it the proper thought. | 不行 我觉得他没有深思熟虑过 |
[41:54] | You’re telling your boss you think he’s stupid. | 你这是在告诉你老板 你觉得他很愚蠢 |
[41:56] | Well, I’m tired of fighting for everything to be better. | 我受够了每次都要努力争取让一切变更好 |
[41:58] | You’re all a bunch of hacks who are perfectly happy with shit. | 你们是一帮对于垃圾作品就心满意足的助手 |
[42:00] | Nobody cares about anything. | 根本没人在乎 |
[42:03] | No one wants things to be better, I got it. | 我算是知道了 没人想做得更好 |
[42:05] | I’ll just stand out here all by myself. | 众人皆庸我独卓 |
[42:13] | We find ourselves rich in goods, but ragged in spirit- | 我们发现自己物质丰富 却精神贫瘠 |
[42:17] | reaching with magnificent precision for the moon, | 能不差毫厘地抵达月球 |
[42:20] | but falling into raucous discord on earth. | 却在地球上落入无尽的纷争 |
[42:23] | We are caught in war wanting peace. | 我们被卷入战争 但渴望和平 |
[42:25] | We’re torn by division wanting unity. | 我们四分五裂 但渴望团结 |
[42:28] | We see around us empty lives wanting fulfillment. | 我们看到周围空虚的人生渴求满足感 |
[42:31] | We see tasks that need doing. | 我们看到等待完成的任务 |
[42:33] | – Waiting for hands to do them. – Come in. | -等待人们去做 -请进 |
[42:40] | You know I’m breaking a rule here. | 我知道我这回算是破戒了 |
[42:42] | I haven’t had one of these sausages since I quit. | 我戒酒后就再也没吃过这种香肠了 |
[42:45] | If this makes me have dreams about beer, | 如果这害我梦到啤酒 |
[42:46] | I’m gonna be mad at you. | 我会朝你撒气的 |
[42:51] | Oh, no, no. Come on. | 不不不 拜托 |
[42:54] | I should be paying you. | 该是我给你钱才对 |
[42:56] | You want that balcony door open? | 你想开着阳台门吗 |
[42:58] | It’s freezing outside. | 外面冻坏了 |
[43:04] | Peggy went bananas for your Accutron work. | 佩奇为了你的阿克特隆作品简直是发狂了 |
[43:08] | Of course she lifted her leg on it. | 当然了 她很喜欢那个创意 |
[43:11] | Also, I swung by J. Walter Thompson, | 另外 我顺道去了趟智威汤逊广告公司 |
[43:12] | thinking there was an emergency with our copy for 7-Up. | 以为我们为七喜写的广告出了什么状况呢 |
[43:15] | You want a sweater? | 你想穿件毛衣吗 |
[43:17] | Nah. | 不用 |
[43:19] | Turns out they’re looking | 结果发现他们在找人 |
[43:19] | for help on Oscar Mayer. | 做奥斯卡·梅尔食品公司的广告 |
[43:23] | You are making quite a name for me out there. | 你在外头给我造了不小的名声啊 |
[43:26] | Bologna? Hot dogs? | 波隆那香肠吗 还是热狗 |
[43:27] | It’s moms and kids either way. | 总之都差不多 |
[43:29] | Why don’t you stop this Cyrano bit | 你别再模仿这种西瑞诺小品了 |
[43:30] | and march your ass in there and get us both a job? | 干脆大胆进军 给我也谋份工作吧 |
[43:33] | Because I have a job. | 因为我有工作 |
[43:35] | It’s been two months. | 都两个月了 |
[43:38] | Nobody’s called, right? | 没人打电话来 不是吗 |
[43:40] | Still being paid. | 工资照领 |
[43:41] | Well, they had Christmas without you. | 他们过圣诞可没考虑到你 |
[43:43] | The super bowl. Pretty soon it’s gonna be Easter. | 超级碗过了 复活节也快到了 |
[43:47] | You know, I’ve been there. | 我有过同样的经历 |
[43:49] | You don’t want to be damaged goods. | 你不想变成残损货物的 |
[44:02] | I tried to get a hold of you. | 我之前想联系你的 |
[44:03] | Why? I spoke to Clara. | 为什么 我跟克莱克谈过了 |
[44:04] | Thank you for solving that problem. | 谢谢你解决了那个问题 |
[44:06] | I bailed it out, but I think it’s irreparable. | 我暂时避过了 但我觉得是无法挽回的 |
[44:09] | It’s only a matter of time before we lose it. | 那个客户早晚都是会丢的 |
[44:11] | Every account man who’s ever come into my office has said that. | 每个来过我办公室的业务员都这样说过 |
[44:14] | But they haven’t all left one of these. | 但他们可没落下过这个 |
[44:18] | Stay out of my office. | 离我办公室远点 |
[44:36] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[44:38] | I dozed off. | 我不小心睡着了 |
[44:39] | Well, Jimmy says he’ll be back in the morning. | 吉米说他明早再过来 |
[44:42] | He needed a part. | 他需要某个零件 |
[44:44] | Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me. | 开什么玩笑啊 |
[44:47] | It seems silly for you | 那样多傻啊 |
[44:48] | to go all the way out to Brooklyn and come back. | 你现在跑回布鲁克林 明天又得过来 |
[44:50] | It won’t take long this time of night. | 晚上这个点回去路上很快的 |
[44:55] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[44:57] | I don’t like Anita there alone in the house. | 我不想让安妮塔一个人在家里 |
[45:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[45:02] | See you in the morning. | 明早见 |
[45:03] | Okay. | 好的 |