时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:28] | Evening, Mr. Draper. | 晚上好 德雷柏先生 |
[02:29] | Hello, Dawn. | 你好 唐恩 |
[02:31] | Let me take your coat. | 我来帮你把大衣挂起来 |
[02:32] | It’s 8:00. Do you mind? | 已经8点了 不如直接说正事吧 |
[02:36] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[02:36] | Sweet ‘N Low and Coffee-Mate. | 低脂糖和咖啡伴侣 |
[02:38] | I noticed you were out. | 我看到你的已经用完了 |
[02:39] | Is this an elaborate plea for coffee? | 你是不是在委婉暗示我该给你倒咖啡喝 |
[02:41] | I can make some. | 我可以去煮一点 |
[02:42] | I really can’t stay. | 我真的不能久留 |
[02:46] | Mrs. Draper did not call this morning, | 德雷柏夫人早上没有打来 |
[02:48] | but I arranged for a Valentine bouquet | 但我帮她定了情人节鲜花 |
[02:49] | to arrive in the afternoon her time, | 她那边的下午会送到 |
[02:51] | so I’d expect a call here around dinner. | 所以我估计她晚饭的时候会打来 |
[02:53] | Good girl. | 好样的 |
[02:54] | Mohawk Airlines? | 莫霍克航空 |
[02:56] | Henry Lammott came in? | 亨利·拉蒙特去过公司吗 |
[02:57] | He just dropped in. | 他只是过去待了一小会儿 |
[02:58] | He wanted to meet Lou. | 他想见一下卢 |
[03:01] | Office or conference room? | 去的办公室还是会议室 |
[03:02] | Conference room. | 会议室 |
[03:03] | Where’d he sit? | 他坐在哪里 |
[03:04] | Who? | 谁 |
[03:05] | Lou. | 卢 |
[03:06] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[03:09] | How’d Diners Club go on Tuesday? | 周二大来卡的合作事宜谈得如何 |
[03:09] | 第一张塑料付款卡 后发展成为信用卡 | |
[03:10] | It got pushed back for a signing meeting with Handi-Wrap. | 被推迟了 因为周二要和保鲜膜公司签约 |
[03:13] | More Dow? | 又和陶氏化学有新业务吗 |
[03:15] | How long has that been going on? | 那事进行多久了 |
[03:16] | I don’t know. It’s Mr. Cosgrove. | 我不知道 是科斯格罗夫负责的 |
[03:18] | Clara’s terrible with memos. | 克莱拉很不擅长记备忘录 |
[03:19] | What creative team is on it? | 创意团队是哪些人 |
[03:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:27] | No other calls? | 没其他电话打来了吗 |
[03:28] | No, Mr. Draper. | 别这样 德雷柏先生 |
[03:29] | I know, I know. I told you, it’s for carfare. | 我知道 我知道 只是车费而已 |
[03:33] | Well, I’ve been thinking about it a lot, actually. | 我已经就这事想过很多了 |
[03:36] | And you know I don’t mind keeping you aware of things. | 你知道我不介意帮你传达信息 |
[03:39] | But there’s something about the money that makes it feel wrong. | 但牵扯到钱的话感觉就不太对了 |
[03:42] | You’re doing extra work. You should get extra pay. | 你做了份外的工作 就该多拿钱 |
[03:44] | It’s no work at all. | 这不算什么工作 |
[03:46] | So I will continue to do what I feel comfortable doing for free, | 所以不牵扯到钱的话 我愿意继续这样 |
[03:49] | which is answer your phone and keep you up to date. | 也就是帮你接电话和告知你公司的动态 |
[03:52] | That’s all I ask for. | 那就是我全部的所求 |
[03:53] | No, you asked me to get you photocopies of the Butler work | 不 你还要我帮你拿到巴特勒鞋业广告的复印件 |
[03:56] | and they’re locked in Peggy’s office and I can’t. | 但那个锁在佩奇的办公室里 我拿不到 |
[03:58] | I don’t want you to do that. | 那就不用去拿了 |
[04:00] | All right. Good. | 那就好了 |
[04:02] | But I want you to take this. | 但我还是希望你收下这个 |
[04:11] | You take care. | 路上小心 |
[04:12] | Of course. | 当然 |
[04:13] | The cleaning woman comes tomorrow morning. | 明早清洁工会来 |
[04:39] | She says, “You look like a working girl.” | 她说”你看着像是打工妹” |
[04:41] | And I thought she meant I looked low-class like a secretary. | 我以为她是说我像底层秘书什么的 |
[04:44] | But Petra said she meant a prostitute. | 但帕特拉说她指的是妓女 |
[04:47] | How the fuck does my mother know what a prostitute looks like? | 我妈是怎么知道妓女长什么样子的 |
[04:50] | How was Sarah? | 莎拉还好吗 |
[04:52] | Below average. | 不怎么样 |
[04:54] | She wants me to bring her Capezios, | 她让我把她的芭蕾鞋带过去 |
[04:56] | so I don’t know what I’m going to wear. | 所以我都不知道我到时该穿什么 |
[04:58] | Is it an open casket? | 是开棺葬礼吗 |
[05:01] | I didn’t ask. | 我没问 |
[05:03] | Sergeant Snorkel says we have to come back on the 12:30. | 斯诺克学监说我们12点半就得起身返回 |
[05:06] | So back here by three? | 3点回来这里 |
[05:09] | The funeral’s at nine. | 葬礼9点开始 |
[05:10] | We see Sarah, boo-hoo. | 我们去看看莎拉 |
[05:12] | Maybe we leave a little early because Sally’s so upset. | 我们就说萨丽太伤心了要早点走 |
[05:15] | We get in a taxi to the cemetery, | 我们打车去墓园 |
[05:17] | but we get out in Greenwich Village. | 但是在格林威治村下车 |
[05:20] | Two hours of shopping, take another pumpkin to Grand Central. | 购物两小时 在中央车站吃点甜品 |
[05:23] | There’s a boutique on MacDougal that has Pocahontas boots. | 麦克唐勾街上有家精品店里有流苏鞋 |
[05:27] | I am upset, Carol. | 我确实挺伤心的 卡罗 |
[05:29] | Me, too. I heard her dad’s a mess. | 我也是 我听说她父亲简直一团糟 |
[05:32] | She was supposed to be a great beauty. | 她可是个大美人 |
[05:35] | Sarah had this picture of her wearing a bikini on Christmas. | 莎拉这里有张她圣诞节时穿比基尼的照片 |
[05:40] | She took it with her. | 她拿走了 |
[05:43] | You know she’s gonna miss school ’til Easter? | 你知道她复活节之后才会回学校吗 |
[05:46] | I wish my mom was dead. | 我真希望我妈也死掉 |
[05:48] | I’d stay here till 1975 if I could get Betty in the ground. | 如果能让贝蒂去死 我宁愿在这里呆到1975年 |
[05:52] | What are you wearing? | 你准备穿什么 |
[05:54] | I don’t have anything black but my turtleneck, | 我只有一件高领毛衣是黑色的 |
[05:56] | so I thought I’d wear that | 就穿那个吧 |
[05:57] | with my brown suede skirt and black tights. | 配我的棕色短裙和黑色裤袜 |
[05:59] | Jesus, Draper. Is this your first funeral? | 天啊 德雷柏 你第一次参加葬礼吗 |
[06:10] | Leave the lights off. | 别开灯 |
[06:11] | How am I gonna find anything? | 那我怎么找东西 |
[06:15] | Why do you have to do this tonight? | 为什么非要今晚来拿 |
[06:27] | Didn’t you already sign Chevy? | 你不是已经和雪佛兰签约了吗 |
[06:30] | Can’t you just add the business onto their other contract? | 不能直接在他们的合同上加吗 |
[06:33] | Sweetheart, let me explain this to you. | 亲爱的 让我解释给你听 |
[06:36] | This is the Southern California Chevrolet Dealers Association. | 这是南加州雪佛兰经销商协会 |
[06:40] | Chevy’s the factory, and this is the store. | 雪佛兰是工厂 而这个是售卖店 |
[06:45] | You’re not listening to me. | 你根本没在听 |
[06:58] | Just has to be there when he wakes up. | 他醒来时必须看到我已经到了 |
[07:01] | He’s so drunk, he doesn’t even know where he is. | 他已经醉得不省人事了 |
[07:03] | That’s why it has to be there when he wakes up | 所以在他醒来时 我才必须在啊 |
[07:05] | with a note that says, “You promised to sign this no matter what.” | 拿着张纸条说”你答应过无论如何都要签的” |
[07:10] | You are such a big deal. | 你可真厉害 |
[07:17] | How’d it go? | 进行得如何 |
[07:20] | I got ’em. | 我拿下了 |
[07:22] | Good work. | 干得漂亮 |
[07:24] | Good night, Bonnie. | 晚安 邦妮 |
[07:25] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[07:34] | Hold that, please. | 稍等一下 |
[07:42] | Hello, New York. | 你好 纽约 |
[07:45] | Oh, Michael, very nice work on Butler. | 迈克 巴特勒鞋业的活儿做得很好 |
[07:48] | Stan, we’re gonna need renderings, color. | 斯坦 我们还需要加强表现力 上色 |
[07:55] | Uh, how’s Monday? | 周一再做行吗 |
[07:57] | Today is Friday. | 今天可是周五 |
[07:58] | Whew, I’m buried all day and I have plans tonight. | 我今天很忙 晚上还要约会 |
[08:01] | So you can finish tonight and have plans all weekend. | 你可以今晚做完 周末想干什么都可以 |
[08:03] | She’s gonna find out. | 她肯定会猜到的 |
[08:05] | What? | 什么 |
[08:07] | Maybe if you invite me, you can have ’til Tuesday. | 如果你邀请我一起 我就放宽到周二 |
[08:10] | We now all know you don’t have plans for Valentine’s Day. | 现在我们都知道你情人节没安排了 |
[08:18] | She has plans. Look at her calendar. | 她有安排的 你去看她的日历 |
[08:19] | “February 14th, masturbate gloomily.” | “2月14 忧郁自慰日” |
[08:24] | Monday is fine. | 那就周一吧 |
[08:33] | Who are these from? | 这是谁送的 |
[08:35] | Hard to believe your cat has the money. | 真不敢相信你养的猫也有钱送花呢 |
[08:39] | Really lovely. | 真好看 |
[08:41] | Look at you, every inch a girl. | 瞧瞧你 真像个小姑娘 |
[08:45] | Is this some kind of joke? | 这是在开玩笑吗 |
[08:46] | Just tell me now because I don’t want to have to fire you later. | 直接告诉我吧 我可不想一会儿炒了你 |
[08:50] | Enjoy your flowers, boss. | 好好欣赏你的花吧 老大 |
[09:11] | Happy Valentine’s Day, Shirley. | 情人节快乐 雪莉 |
[09:13] | And happy Valentine’s Day to you. | 也祝你情人节快乐 |
[09:16] | Shirley, I see there’s no card, | 雪莉 我没看到贺卡 |
[09:19] | but I’d like to know who sent me these beautiful flowers. | 但我想知道这些美丽的花是谁送给我的 |
[09:23] | Well, actually, I don’t know if– | 其实 我不知道… |
[09:32] | I understand now. | 我明白了 |
[09:33] | Oh, good. | 那就好 |
[09:35] | Could you get me some coffee? | 能给我倒杯咖啡吗 |
[09:38] | What time is it on the coast? | 西岸那边现在几点 |
[09:39] | Pardon? | 你说什么 |
[09:40] | Six a.m. | 早上6点 |
[09:43] | I’ll handle it. | 我来处理 |
[09:46] | Could you get the door? | 请关上门好吗 |
[09:57] | Ted Chaough’s office. | 泰德·赵办公室 |
[09:59] | Good morning, Moira. It’s Peggy. | 早上好 莫伊拉 我是佩奇 |
[10:01] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[10:02] | I’m in my office, but I need you to relay a message to Ted for me. | 我在我办公室 但我要你帮我转告泰德一件事 |
[10:06] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[10:08] | Tell him that I got his message. | 告诉他我收到他的”好意”了 |
[10:12] | No, tell him that | 不 告诉他… |
[10:14] | I relayed his message to the client and… | 我已经将他的意思转告客户了 然后… |
[10:21] | And what? | 然后什么… |
[10:23] | There’s nothing he can do. | 他做什么都于事无补了 |
[10:26] | They’re not– | 他们不 |
[10:27] | they don’t want to hear any more pitches. | 他们不想再听什么创意展示了 |
[10:29] | The business is gone. | 这单生意黄了 |
[10:31] | Really? What account? | 真的吗 什么客户 |
[10:33] | He’ll know. | 他会懂的 |
[10:46] | Well, the snow’s melted, but not the hearts of New Yorkers. | 雪已融化 但纽约人的心依旧冷酷 |
[10:48] | I just had some old lady call me a “Kike.” | 刚刚有个老女人叫我”犹太佬” |
[10:51] | Is that right? | 真的吗 |
[10:52] | Yeah. She was letting her dog relieve himself | 真的 她的狗随地大小便她也不管 |
[10:54] | and I said, “Pardon me, but you want to curb that thing?” | 我说 请原谅 但您还是管管吧 |
[10:56] | She says, “Mind your own business, Kike.” | 她说 管好自己的事吧 犹太佬 |
[10:59] | Maybe it’s the hat. | 可能是因为我的帽子 |
[11:02] | The strangest things happen to you. | 真是你碰到过最奇怪的事了 |
[11:06] | Hey, did you see this? | 你看到这个了吗 |
[11:09] | Ogilvy signed Hershey. | 奥格威签下好时了 |
[11:12] | I hadn’t heard that. | 我还没听说 |
[11:17] | She hates her because she got a C in Western Civ. | 她恨她是因为她的西方文化课只得了个”C” |
[11:19] | She corrects my English. | 她老纠正我的英语发音 |
[11:21] | I went to school in England. | 我以前在英格兰上过学 |
[11:25] | Are we going to walk into school with these? | 我们要带这些去学校吗 |
[11:27] | We’ll say they’re Sarah’s. | 我们就说是莎拉的 |
[11:33] | Is my purse in your bag? | 我的钱包在你的包里吗 |
[11:36] | The senior class sent her flowers | 高年级学生送花给她 |
[11:38] | because they’re all so concerned. | 因为他们都好挂念她 |
[11:39] | Half of them think her name is Sally. | 他们中有一半以为她名叫萨丽 |
[11:42] | Shit, I must have left it at the coffee shop. | 该死 我一定是落在咖啡馆了 |
[11:45] | Maybe in the head shop? | 或许是在香烟店里吧 |
[11:47] | I’m just going to go up and check at the counter. | 我得回去柜台那边找找 |
[11:49] | I’ll get your fare. | 我帮你付车钱就行了啊 |
[11:50] | No, my address book is in there. | 不行 我的通讯录在里面 |
[11:51] | It’s everybody I know. | 我认识的人都在上面了 |
[11:52] | We can’t wait. | 我们不能等了 |
[11:53] | There’s another train in a couple hours. | 再过几小时还有一趟车 |
[12:00] | Hello, Dawn. | 你好 唐恩 |
[12:01] | Hello, Shirley. | 你好 雪莉 |
[12:03] | You shouldn’t be taking a break right where you are. | 你这个点不该在这儿休息啊 |
[12:06] | I’m not. I’m getting her coffee. | 我没有 我是在给她准备咖啡 |
[12:08] | And I’m taking my time. | 慢慢来而已 |
[12:10] | What did she do now? | 她又做什么了 |
[12:11] | It ain’t funny. | 不是好笑的事情 |
[12:12] | Charles sent me 12 long-stem roses in a crystal vase | 查尔斯送了我12只长梗玫瑰装在水晶花瓶里 |
[12:15] | and she took ’em. | 她竟然给抱走了 |
[12:17] | I was right at the photocopier | 她进来的时候 |
[12:18] | when she came in preparing her shit, | 我正在复印机那边 |
[12:21] | and somehow– ’cause I put the card in my purse, | 偏偏我还把贺卡收钱包里了 |
[12:23] | I guess because it said, “I love you so”– | 可能是因为上面写着”我如此爱你” |
[12:25] | she thought they were hers. | 她以为花是送给她的 |
[12:27] | Well, it was an honest mistake. | 无心之过啦 |
[12:29] | Who the hell is sending her flowers? | 谁会送花给她啊 |
[12:43] | Why didn’t you say something? | 你为什么不说出实情呢 |
[12:44] | It was too late. I tried. | 太迟了 我试过了 |
[12:47] | You tried? | 你试过了 |
[12:48] | I really did. | 我真的试了 |
[12:50] | Well, they’re hers now. | 那花就是她的了 |
[12:54] | I’m gonna tell her. | 我要去跟她说 |
[12:56] | You want those flowers so bad, | 你这么想要回那些花 |
[12:58] | you’ll take the trouble that comes with getting them back? | 不怕承受这样做之后可能产生的麻烦吗 |
[13:00] | It’s not right. | 这样不对 |
[13:02] | Well, I have two bosses | 我有两个老板 |
[13:06] | and one of them hasn’t told his wife he’s on leave. | 一个还没告诉他老婆他被停职了 |
[13:09] | Keep pretending. That’s your job. | 只能继续装 这就是你的工作 |
[13:13] | Well, you know who I feel the worst for is Charles. | 我觉得最对不起的是查尔斯 |
[13:16] | He’d rather you have a job. | 他可不希望你丢工作 |
[13:17] | You know that’s not true. | 你知道不是这样的 |
[13:23] | Happy Valentine’s, Dawn. | 情人节快乐 唐恩 |
[13:26] | Goodbye, Shirley. | 再见 雪莉 |
[13:30] | You look good. Rested. | 你看起来不错 安宁淡泊 |
[13:33] | You said that. How do I usually look? | 你以前也这么说 我平时什么样啊 |
[13:36] | Well, it’s just that you’ve been so busy for the last two years, | 过去两年你一直很忙 |
[13:38] | you’ve never taken me up for lunch. | 都没跟我一起吃过午饭 |
[13:41] | I figured you’re on some kind of break. | 我猜你是在休息吧 |
[13:43] | Maybe I’m doing research. | 说不定我是在做调研啊 |
[13:45] | Maybe I want our place | 也许是我希望我们公司 |
[13:46] | to be a little bit more like Wells Rich Greene. | 更像威尔斯&里奇&格林公司 |
[13:49] | You’d have to have Mary. | 那你得有玛丽·威尔斯才行 |
[13:51] | And, you know, you probably could. | 你真有可能请到呢 |
[13:53] | I knew you were gonna tell me how great it is to work there, | 我知道你要跟我说在那里工作有多棒 |
[13:55] | but I didn’t think that’s where you’d start. | 但我没想到你会以此开场 |
[13:59] | So you looking to make a change? | 所以你是希望改变一下吗 |
[14:02] | I have a job. | 我有工作 |
[14:04] | I have a contract and a noncompete clause. | 我还得遵守合约和竞业禁止条款 |
[14:07] | And I’m a partner. | 我还是合伙人 |
[14:10] | Look, I don’t know what the truth is and I don’t really care. | 听着 我不知道情况到底是怎样 我也不在乎 |
[14:13] | Someone said you were dabbling in the LA office | 有人说你要去洛城分公司 |
[14:15] | or managing your wife’s career. | 也有说你要当你老婆的经纪人 |
[14:18] | People say things. | 人们总爱造谣 |
[14:20] | Well, then you probably heard the one | 那你应该也听说过 |
[14:22] | where you, uh, pulled a major boner in a meeting | 你在一个会上犯了个大错 |
[14:26] | and you cried or punched somebody or something | 然后哭了 还打人什么的 |
[14:30] | and that they cut you loose. | 他们就把你停职了 |
[14:34] | I didn’t know I was gonna be interrogated | 我真没想到有朝一日我会被 |
[14:35] | by the Hooterville telephone operator. | 一个乎特维尔的话务员审问 |
[14:38] | So it’s not true? | 那看来不是真的了 |
[14:40] | You’re spoiling the mood. | 你把气氛都破坏了 |
[14:43] | How about for a second date, we go see the Knicks? | 那我们下次去看尼可斯队的比赛如何 |
[14:46] | Right on the floor. | 就坐在场边 |
[14:48] | Bradley’s having one hell of a season. | 布莱德利本赛季真是所向披靡 |
[14:50] | That’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[15:22] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:24] | Can I help you, sweetheart? | 有什么可以帮你 亲爱的 |
[15:26] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[15:28] | I’m Mr. Avery. You looking for casting? | 我是艾弗里 你是来面试拍广告的吗 |
[15:30] | No, I’m looking for my dad, Donald Draper. | 不是 我是来找我爸的 唐纳德·德雷柏 |
[15:36] | Oh, well, he’s not here. | 他不在这儿 |
[15:41] | Did he change offices? | 他换办公室了吗 |
[15:44] | Perfect. | 真”好”啊 |
[15:46] | Look, honey, he’s not here. | 亲爱的 他不在这儿 |
[15:50] | He’s probably at home. You should call him. | 他可能在家 你该给他打个电话 |
[15:53] | You know how to get an outside line? | 你知道怎么打外线电话吗 |
[15:57] | Is Joan here? | 琼在吗 |
[15:58] | That’s a good idea. Her office is right down there. | 好主意 她的办公室就在那边 |
[16:11] | You know, I think everybody’s at lunch. | 我觉得大家可能都在吃午饭 |
[16:30] | Have a nice day. | 祝今天过得愉快 |
[16:44] | So she’s sitting there on the conference table | 她就穿着裙子盘腿坐在会议桌上 |
[16:47] | Indian-style in a dress and boots | 脚上蹬一双靴子 |
[16:49] | like some kind of perverted kindergarten teacher | 打扮得跟变态幼儿园阿姨似得 |
[16:51] | and she says, “Well, thank you, Robert. | 撇了一句 谢谢了 罗伯特 |
[16:55] | I know it’s the best you can do.” | 我知道你已经尽力了 |
[16:57] | What did Bob do? | 那鲍勃怎么个反应 |
[16:59] | Accepted his death gracefully. | 平静地接受了死亡 |
[17:01] | I see a sheep and a wolf. | 我看到狼和羊坐到一起了 |
[17:03] | But which is which? | 但看不出谁对应谁 |
[17:06] | How are you, Don? | 你好吗 唐 |
[17:07] | Great. Jim Hobart, Dave Wooster. | 很好 吉姆·霍巴特 这是达夫·伍斯特 |
[17:11] | We know each other. | 我们认识的 |
[17:12] | So, Dave, how come you’ll have lunch with Don | 达夫你为什么宁愿和唐共进午餐 |
[17:13] | and not with me? | 却不跟我一起 |
[17:14] | ‘Cause this is social. | 因为我们这只是普通交际活动 |
[17:15] | He’s not trying to buy us. | 他又不想收购我们 |
[17:17] | Well, what are you trying to do, Don? | 唐 那你意在何为呢 |
[17:19] | Are you taking lunches now? | 你也是吃午饭而已吗 |
[17:21] | No, I’m just looking for love. | 不 我是来寻求真爱的 |
[17:24] | Well, on behalf of myself | 好吧 那我谨代表我本人 |
[17:26] | and all the millionaires at McCann Erickson, | 以及麦肯广告公司的诸位百万富翁 |
[17:29] | we’d love a chance to tell you how handsome you are. | 对你的英俊帅气表示由衷的称赞 |
[17:33] | Move along, Jim. | 走远点 吉姆 |
[17:36] | Tell Mary I picked up the check, ’cause I just did. | 请告知玛丽我拿到支票了 刚刚拿的 |
[17:42] | I don’t have to crap on McCann for you, do I? | 我不需要在你面前臭骂麦肯公司了吧 |
[17:45] | I almost worked there. Twice. | 我差点进那家公司了 两次都是 |
[17:47] | But you didn’t. | 但你最终还是没去 |
[18:07] | Here, I want you to have these. | 给 我想送给你 |
[18:09] | It smells like an Italian funeral in there. | 气味跟意大利人的葬礼似的 |
[18:19] | So then dessert finally arrives | 最后终于给我们上甜点了 |
[18:21] | and the ladies, on cue, depart to the toilets. | 刚巧 那些女士们都跑去洗手间了 |
[18:23] | And as we’re standing, Honeywell leans in | 我们站在那儿的时候 霍尼韦尔把头凑了过来 |
[18:25] | and says, “I like what I see.” | 悄悄说 “我喜欢我看到的情景” |
[18:28] | Now, I thought he was making a ribald comment… | 我当时还以为他是在说下流话 |
[18:30] | about my date, | 评价我的女伴 |
[18:32] | but he followed up by suggesting | 没想到他接下来邀请我 |
[18:33] | we retire to the bar, just the two of us. | 单独跟他到吧台坐坐 |
[18:36] | Is this a partners’ meeting | 我们这是在开合伙人会议 |
[18:38] | or the most tedious wireless program I’ve ever heard? | 还是在听一个异常罗里吧嗦的广播节目 |
[18:44] | What? | 什么 |
[18:45] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[18:46] | We’re on the edge of our seats. | 我们听得聚精会神呢 |
[18:49] | Hello, New York? | 纽约办公室 能听到吗 |
[18:50] | He’s saying get to it, Pete. Did you kiss the man or not? | 他要你说重点 皮特 你亲那个老头了吗 |
[18:53] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[18:54] | Well, he didn’t want to say it in front of the boys from Detroit, | 他虽然不想当着底特律的小子们面前说 |
[18:57] | but he wants us to handle his business. | 但他想让我们来接下他公司的广告工作 |
[19:00] | He rules the SoCal dealerships with an iron fist. | 他用铁腕政策管理着南加州的各大经销商 |
[19:03] | That’s great. | 很好 |
[19:04] | Wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[19:05] | That’s wonderful news. | 真是个好消息 |
[19:06] | It is, isn’t it? | 那当然了 不是吗 |
[19:07] | They want us to start on the summer sale. | 他们想从夏季促销的时候开始合作 |
[19:09] | Sign them right away. Sit in his yard with a pen if you have to. | 马上签下合同 在他家蹲守也要拿下来 |
[19:13] | Contract came with the milkman. | 合同明天一早就送到 |
[19:14] | I’ll get Bob Benson to fly in from Detroit for the signing. | 我会安排鲍勃·本森飞到底特律签约的 |
[19:17] | We don’t want the tail wagging the dog. | 我们可不要本末倒置了 |
[19:21] | They’re the Dealers Association. | 他们可是经销商协会 |
[19:22] | They bill almost as much as Chevy does. | 此单生意不比雪佛兰小 |
[19:24] | They are the dog. | 他们就是关键客户 |
[19:26] | He’s right. | 他说的有道理 |
[19:26] | Just a minute. | 等一下 |
[19:28] | Chevy’s our client | 雪佛兰不单是我们的客户 |
[19:29] | and they’re our entree to GM… | 同时也是拿下通用汽车的敲门砖 |
[19:31] | which bills more than everything on the planet. | 而通用汽车的单子大到无与伦比 |
[19:34] | I would tell Detroit we’ve got this opportunity | 我会跟底特律那边说我们面临这一良机 |
[19:35] | and I would ask for their blessing. | 并且希望他们能够稍稍帮助 |
[19:37] | Look, when I brought in Chevy, | 我当年拿下雪佛兰的时候 |
[19:38] | I got their very own Mikey O’Brien laid. | 我请他们公司的麦奇·奥布莱恩嫖过 |
[19:41] | Sorry, sweetheart. | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[19:42] | And it wasn’t easy. | 那很不容易 |
[19:43] | Sorry again. | 再次抱歉 |
[19:44] | Pete caught him. Let Pete mount him. | 既然是皮特拿下的 就让皮特公关一下 |
[19:47] | Can we move on? | 可以进行下个议题了吗 |
[19:48] | This phone call is already eating into our fee. | 通话费已经成为很大一笔开销了 |
[19:52] | Ted, weren’t you there when we signed Chevy? | 泰德 我们签下雪佛兰的时候你不是也在吗 |
[19:54] | Roger seems to have failed to get a head count. | 罗杰似乎忘了某些人的存在 |
[19:57] | I don’t see any reason to keep score. | 我觉得没必要把个人功劳都算的那么清楚 |
[20:00] | Gentlemen, this is good news. | 各位先生 这是个好消息 |
[20:02] | And I have no problem with flying to Detroit… | 我对飞到底特律跟鲍勃说说进展情况 |
[20:04] | and briefing Bob and all those– | 没有任何意见 |
[20:07] | I’ll bring oranges. | 我会带点橙子过去的 |
[20:09] | Ted? | 泰德 |
[20:11] | Are you there? | 能听到吗 |
[20:13] | Hello, California? | 加州办公室 能听到吗 |
[20:14] | Dee, can you hear us? | 迪 能听到我们吗 |
[20:15] | Yes, I can. | 是的 能听到 |
[20:17] | Dee? | 迪 |
[20:20] | What’s wrong with you? I say up, you say down. | 你是怎么回事 老是跟我唱反调 |
[20:23] | I’m surprised you’re disagreeing with me. | 我真没想到你会不同意我的想法 |
[20:25] | It’s common sense. | 那是人之常理啊 |
[20:27] | I think they can’t hear us. | 我觉得他们听不到我们说话 |
[20:28] | We can hear you! | 我们能听到你们说话 |
[20:30] | Pete can service the account, | 皮特可以负责这个客户 |
[20:31] | but he will report to our man in Detroit… | 但是必须向我们在底特律的负责人汇报 |
[20:34] | where said parties will be offered the right of refusal. | 上述当事人享有拒绝权 |
[20:38] | I remember very clearly… | 我记得很清楚 |
[20:39] | when Don and I signed Chevy. | 我跟唐拿下雪佛兰的时候 |
[20:41] | Don who? | 哪个唐 |
[20:42] | Our collective ex-wife who still receives alimony? | 那个依然从公司领薪水的故人吗 |
[20:46] | Hang up. | 挂断吧 |
[20:47] | No. | 别挂 |
[20:48] | this is a partners’ meeting. | 我们这是合伙人会议 |
[20:49] | Let’s poll the partners, shall we? | 我们干脆投票表决好了 |
[20:51] | Aye. | 同意 |
[20:52] | Aye what? | 同意什么 |
[20:53] | I agree with Jim. | 我同意吉姆的想法 |
[20:57] | Moira, fix the phone. | 莫伊拉 赶紧把电话修好 |
[20:59] | I feel caught off guard | 你突然跟我争论这种 |
[21:00] | by having a confrontation over something that seems rudimentary. | 尚不足虑的问题让很有些猝不及防 |
[21:11] | They never said which of Peggy’s accounts we lost. | 他们一直没说我们把佩奇的哪个客户弄丢了 |
[21:13] | Call me when you fix the damn phone. | 等电话修好了再叫我 |
[21:18] | Let me try out there. | 我出去试试 |
[21:19] | What difference could that possibly make? | 那他妈有什么区别吗 |
[21:21] | I thought we were gonna get a new one of these. | 我还以为我们会买新的电话设备呢 |
[21:23] | And why the hell aren’t we in the conference room? | 而且为什么我们不去会议室里讨论 |
[21:27] | Do not go after him. | 别去追他 |
[21:32] | Moira? You can reach me in my office. | 莫伊拉 有事去我办公室找我 |
[21:42] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[21:45] | Marta? | 玛塔 |
[21:46] | Oh, I looked everywhere for you. | 我之前到处找你呢 |
[21:49] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[21:51] | What happened? Is everything okay? | 出什么事儿了 你还好吗 |
[21:52] | Obviously not. | 当然不好 |
[21:54] | Where were you? | 你去哪儿了 |
[21:56] | I was at the office. | 我在公司 |
[21:58] | What? | 什么 |
[21:59] | I wasn’t feeling well. I left early. | 我不是很舒服 所以早走了 |
[22:04] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[22:05] | Does your mother know where you are? | 你妈妈知道你来了吗 |
[22:07] | What? No. | 什么 她不知道 |
[22:09] | You’re not supposed to be off campus. | 你怎么能从学校出来呢 |
[22:14] | Um, my roommate’s mother died and they let us go to the funeral, | 我室友的母亲过世了 我们要去参加葬礼 |
[22:17] | but I lost my purse. | 可是我钱包丢了 |
[22:22] | Oh. I’m sorry to hear that. | 很遗憾听到这样的消息 |
[22:26] | I just need money for the train. | 我只想要点车票钱 |
[22:32] | And I guess I need a note of excuse. | 可能还要个假条 |
[22:34] | I’ll drive you. | 我开车送你 |
[22:36] | Uh, no, it’s okay. You’re not feeling well. | 不用了 反正你也不舒服 |
[22:40] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事 |
[22:42] | You really don’t have to. | 真不用麻烦了 |
[22:44] | It looks like you have a lot of work to do. | 你似乎还有很多工作要做 |
[22:46] | Come on, it’ll be nice. | 来吧 这样挺好的 |
[22:48] | We’ll take a drive. | 我们可以兜兜风 |
[22:50] | What’s the note supposed to say? | 假条应该怎么写 |
[22:53] | What? | 什么 |
[22:54] | Sally, what do I say? | 萨丽 我该写什么 |
[22:58] | Just tell the truth. | 说实话就行 |
[23:10] | Where the hell were you? | 你跑哪去了 |
[23:12] | I was getting your perfume. | 我去帮你买香水了 |
[23:13] | Draper’s daughter showed up. | 德雷柏的女儿来了 |
[23:15] | Sally was here? | 萨丽来过了吗 |
[23:16] | I don’t know her name. She was looking for him. | 我不知道她叫什么 她在找他 |
[23:19] | My Lord. Uh, what did you say? | 天呐 你怎么说的 |
[23:21] | I said he’s probably at home. It’s not my problem. | 我说他可能在家 那与我无关 |
[23:24] | I have to call him. | 我必须给他打电话 |
[23:25] | Call him? | 给他打电话 |
[23:27] | You have to call him? | 你必须给他打电话 |
[23:28] | Okay. Well, don’t bother apologizing to me, I guess. | 好吧 我猜你不用给我道歉了 |
[23:33] | I’m very sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[23:38] | Want to go before we go? | 你想上个厕所再出发吗 |
[23:41] | I’m fine. | 我不用 |
[23:45] | Hello. | 喂 |
[23:45] | It’s Dawn. And I’m really sorry. | 我是唐恩 非常抱歉 |
[23:48] | I-1 don’t know what happened, | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[23:49] | but Sally came into the office and she talked to Lou. | 但萨丽来了公司 她与卢说过话 |
[23:55] | What did he say? | 他说了什么 |
[23:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:58] | But I wanted you to know that she might be on her way. | 但我想让你知道她也许会去找你 |
[24:01] | Okay. Thank you, Dawn. | 好的 谢谢你 唐恩 |
[24:08] | Do you have to stay? | 你要留下吗 |
[24:11] | No. | 不 |
[24:13] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[24:19] | Hello, Dawn. | 你好 唐恩 |
[24:20] | Lou said he wanted to see me. | 卢说他想见我 |
[24:24] | Lou, Joan’s here to see you. | 卢 琼来见你了 |
[24:27] | Actually, I need to see the both of you. | 实际上 你们都进来吧 |
[24:40] | Get the door. | 关上门 |
[24:46] | When I generously agreed to share Dawn here with Don Draper, | 当我大度地同意与唐·德雷柏共用唐恩时 |
[24:51] | it was for the purposes of his correspondence | 我指望的是接手他的通信 |
[24:53] | and incoming phone calls, | 和来电 |
[24:55] | not cleaning up his messes. | 而不是收拾他的烂摊子 |
[24:57] | One of those things is very time-consuming. | 后者非常浪费时间 |
[25:00] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[25:01] | His daughter came by, and– | 他的女儿来了 然后 |
[25:02] | Why are we going through all this? | 我们还多说什么 |
[25:05] | I know you can’t fire her. | 我不知道你不能炒她 |
[25:06] | Just move her to another part of the building. | 让她去为别的人做秘书吧 |
[25:07] | Lou, I will take care of this. | 卢 我会处理此事 |
[25:10] | What do you mean by that? | 你是什么意思 |
[25:11] | I want my own girl. | 我要自己的女秘书 |
[25:14] | Come along, Dawn. | 跟我来 唐恩 |
[25:15] | In a minute. | 稍等 |
[25:16] | Obviously I can say anything I want. | 显然我可以畅所欲言 |
[25:19] | But you don’t want to. | 但你最好别说 |
[25:20] | I skipped my lunch to buy your wife perfume. | 我没吃午餐 跑去给你妻子买香水 |
[25:25] | If you had been thoughtful enough to get her a gift | 如果10天前我提醒你时 |
[25:27] | when I told you about it 10 days ago, | 你能上点心 早点给她买礼物 |
[25:29] | I would have been here. | 我中午就不必离开 |
[25:31] | Do you understand? It’s not my problem. | 你明白吗 这不是我的问题 |
[25:34] | None of this has anything to do with me. | 这一切都与我无关 |
[25:39] | I’m sorry if I said the wrong thing. | 很抱歉我出言不敬 |
[25:48] | Was that necessary? | 有这个必要吗 |
[25:49] | When she comes back from the ladies’, have her hand over the keys. | 等她从洗手间哭完出来后 让她上交钥匙 |
[25:58] | New York is on the line. | 纽约办公室的人在线上找你 |
[26:01] | Do you have to put them on the contraption? | 你不用连接电话设备吗 |
[26:02] | It’s just Mr. Sterling. | 只有斯特林先生一人 |
[26:07] | This is Pete. | 我是皮特 |
[26:08] | It’s Roger. | 我是罗杰 |
[26:10] | I appreciate you fighting for me. | 我很感谢你为我说话 |
[26:11] | Well, Jim pled his case | 吉姆说明了理由 |
[26:14] | and we decided it’s best to keep the business, | 我们决定保留这单生意 |
[26:16] | but run it past Detroit. | 但要向底特律那边汇报 |
[26:18] | Which means Bob gets involved. | 也就是说鲍勃会参与 |
[26:20] | What? | 什么 |
[26:21] | Jim and I had a meaningful conversation– | 吉姆和我进行了卓有成效的对话 |
[26:23] | I heard your conversation. You’re full of it. | 我听到你们的对话了 你真能扯 |
[26:26] | That is just the kind of weakness that… | 正是这种软弱让我们 |
[26:27] | got us in this position to begin with. | 落到了今天这步田地 |
[26:29] | Let me just go to Detroit. I’m sure– | 让我去底特律吧 我相信 |
[26:31] | …something to do with Bob or my feelings towards Bob, | …与鲍勃或我与鲍勃的恩怨有关 |
[26:34] | but it really doesn’t. | 但真的无关 |
[26:35] | It’s a chance for me to rectify my status with those people. | 这是我在他们面前重塑形象的好机会 |
[26:38] | And in the end, that’s our best route to new business. | 归根结底 那是开展新业务的最佳方法 |
[26:41] | It disconnected. | 电话断了 |
[26:49] | Why even bring in an account? | 还拉什么客户啊 |
[26:56] | They’re just gonna take it away. | 反正他们会夺走 |
[27:01] | Sometimes I think maybe I died | 有时我觉得自己就像死了 |
[27:03] | and I’m in some kind of… | 我仿佛身处 |
[27:05] | I don’t know if it’s heaven or hell or limbo. | 某种天堂或地狱或混沌界 |
[27:08] | But I don’t seem to exist. | 我似乎毫无存在感 |
[27:10] | No one feels my existence. | 没有人把我当回事 |
[27:13] | Just cash the checks. You’re gonna die one day. | 好好领钱吧 你迟早会死 |
[27:16] | What you’re supposed to say is, | 你本应该说 |
[27:18] | “Hey, why don’t we just start our own agency?” | “我们为何不自己开公司” |
[27:21] | At least the goal would be clear. | 那样至少有个奔头 |
[27:23] | I mean, what am I working for here? | 我现在工作是为了什么啊 |
[27:25] | There’s two offices. | 这里有两间办公室 |
[27:27] | Yours is only slightly better than mine. | 你的只比我的大一点点 |
[27:29] | What am I supposed to do, work my way up to your office? | 我该怎么做 奋斗到你的办公室吗 |
[27:32] | You can have my office. | 我的办公室可以给你 |
[27:34] | No, that is not the point. | 不 这不是重点 |
[27:39] | Cutler sent you out here because you’re too moral. | 卡特勒让你来这里是因为你太高尚了 |
[27:40] | He couldn’t look you in the face and be Machiavelli. | 他不敢当着你的面不择手段 |
[27:43] | That’s not why I’m here. | 那可不是我来这里的原因 |
[27:44] | Why are you here? | 那你为什么来 |
[27:45] | All you do is answer the phone and mope around. | 你只会接电话和闷闷不乐 |
[27:47] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[27:50] | We’re not talking anymore. | 我们以后不谈了 |
[27:51] | From now on, we’ll both pretend I’m in New York. | 从现在开始 我们都假装我还在纽约 |
[28:00] | Joan wants us to switch desks. | 琼让我们换桌子 |
[28:04] | Don’t feel bad. It’s not your fault. | 别内疚 这不是你的错 |
[28:06] | I know. Don’t be sore, but I’m really happy. | 我知道 别难受 但我真的很高兴 |
[28:12] | I need a box. | 我需要一个盒子 |
[28:13] | She wants you out front right now. | 她让你现在就去前台 |
[28:15] | Okay. Uh, well, just a few things. | 好的 交代几件事 |
[28:20] | He takes it light with two Sweet ‘N Lows. | 他爱喝低咖啡因咖啡 加两块代糖 |
[28:23] | Always put through his son Earl. | 他儿子厄尔的电话一定要转 |
[28:25] | Um, these three lines are Lou’s and this one is Mr. Draper’s. | 这三条线是卢的 这条是德雷柏先生的 |
[28:29] | Maybe I should get a pencil. | 也许我该拿支笔记下 |
[28:33] | You know what? | 不如这样吧 |
[28:34] | I’ll have Mr. Draper’s calls come straight to me at reception. | 我把德雷柏先生的电话转到前台 |
[28:56] | How old was your friend’s mother? | 你朋友的母亲年龄多大 |
[28:59] | She’s not my friend. | 她不是我朋友 |
[29:01] | She’s my roommate. | 她只是我的室友 |
[29:05] | Where was the funeral? | 葬礼在哪举行 |
[29:06] | Eighty-first and Madison. | 81街和麦迪逊大道交汇口 |
[29:09] | Where was she buried? | 她在哪下葬 |
[29:11] | In Queens by the racetrack. | 皇后区的赛马场旁边 |
[29:15] | So you left your purse at the cemetery? | 所以你是在墓地遗失钱包的吗 |
[29:17] | I’m not sure. That’s why it’s lost. | 我不确定 所以才叫遗失 |
[29:22] | Why are you interrogating me? | 你为什么审问我 |
[29:23] | Because I know you went to my office. | 因为我知道你去过我的办公室 |
[29:26] | So I find your story a little suspicious. | 所以我觉得你的故事有点可疑 |
[29:29] | My story? There’s some man in your office. | 我的故事 你的办公室有别人 |
[29:32] | We’re not talking about me. | 我们谈的不是我 |
[29:33] | Did you lose your job? | 你丢了工作吗 |
[29:34] | Why were you in the city? | 你为什么在城里 |
[29:36] | I want to know this minute. | 我现在就要知道 |
[29:37] | I don’t have to tell you anything. | 我不用告诉你任何事 |
[29:39] | Just stop the car. | 停车吧 |
[29:41] | I’m talking to you. | 我在跟你说话 |
[29:42] | You’re yelling at me. | 你在冲我吼 |
[29:44] | Why would you just let me lie to you like that? | 你为什么不拆穿我的谎话 |
[29:46] | Because it’s more embarrassing for me to catch you in a lie | 因为我拆穿你要比你说谎本身 |
[29:49] | than it is for you to be lying. | 难堪多了 |
[29:51] | So you just laid in wait like your mother? | 所以你就像你妈妈一样暗记于心 |
[29:55] | Do you know how hard it was for me to go to your apartment? | 你知道去你家对我来说有多难吗 |
[29:59] | I could have run into that woman. | 我可能会撞见那个女人 |
[30:02] | I could be in the elevator, | 我可能会在电梯里 |
[30:04] | she could get in | 碰到她走进来 |
[30:05] | and I’d have to stand there smiling | 然后我得站在那里微笑着 |
[30:07] | wanting to vomit while I smell her hairspray. | 一边闻着她的发胶一边忍着呕吐 |
[30:19] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:20] | Please, stop. | 拜托 停下 |
[30:22] | I’m not stopping the car. | 我不会停车的 |
[30:23] | Stop talking. | 别再说话了 |
[30:31] | It’s 29 degrees here in New York. | 纽约现在温度29华氏度 |
[30:33] | A chilly Valentine’s eve. | 是个寒冷的情人节前夜 |
[30:36] | I have to get gas. | 我得加点油 |
[30:41] | I have Dee for you. | 迪来电话 |
[30:51] | Who the hell is Dee? | 迪是谁 |
[30:54] | From the Los Angeles office. She has Mr. Chaough on the line. | 是洛杉矶那边的 她说赵先生在线上 |
[30:57] | You’ve got to be kidding me. Tell him I’m busy. | 你在和我开玩笑吧 告诉他我很忙 |
[31:00] | Do you want me to take a message? | 要我帮你记下留言吗 |
[31:02] | No, I want you to leave a message. | 不 我要你给他留个言 |
[31:05] | I’m sorry, I don’t understand. | 抱歉 我不明白 |
[31:07] | Tell her to tell Ted | 让她告诉泰德 |
[31:09] | that I have no intention of talking to him today. | 我今天不想和他讲话 |
[31:12] | And that’s it. That’s all I said. | 就这样 我就是这么说的 |
[31:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:20] | That’s what she said. | 她就是这么说的 |
[31:25] | You know what, Shirley? | 你知道吗 雪莉 |
[31:26] | Uh, I’ve been thinking about it and I know it’s silly, | 我想了想 我知道这样很蠢 |
[31:30] | but could you please throw these flowers away? | 但你可以帮我把这些花扔掉吗 |
[31:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[31:34] | I’m sorry, but they’re cursed. | 抱歉 但它们被诅咒了 |
[31:36] | No, they’re not. They’re beautiful. | 不 不是的 这些花很美 |
[31:38] | Look, I should have bought you flowers out of respect, | 我应该因为尊重而买花送给你 |
[31:43] | not because of some holiday. | 而不是因为某个节日 |
[31:47] | Are these some symbol of how much we’re loved? | 这些花能代表对方有多么爱我们吗 |
[31:52] | It’s a joke. | 简直是玩笑 |
[31:53] | Please, don’t. | 拜托 别这样 |
[31:55] | I’ll get you some new ones. | 我会给你买些新的 |
[31:56] | Please, those are my flowers. | 拜托了 这些是我的花 |
[31:58] | They’re from my fiance. | 是我未婚夫送的 |
[32:00] | Since when? | 什么时候 |
[32:01] | Since this morning. | 今天早上送的 |
[32:05] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你之前为什么不告诉我 |
[32:06] | You didn’t give me a chance. | 你没有给我机会开口 |
[32:08] | I didn’t give you a chance? | 我没给你机会 |
[32:10] | They’ve been sitting in there all day. | 这些花在我办公室里放了一整天 |
[32:14] | Now you’re just embarrassing me. | 你现在却这样让我难堪 |
[32:15] | I didn’t mean to. | 我不是故意的 |
[32:16] | You know what? You should have never told me. | 你知道吗 你不应该告诉我的 |
[32:18] | That would have been a great gift. | 那样还算是给我一个大礼 |
[32:20] | Who cares about your stupid flowers? | 谁在乎你这些该死的花 |
[32:22] | You have a ring on. We all know that you’re engaged. | 你手上戴着戒指 我们都知道你订婚了 |
[32:25] | You did not have to embarrass me. Grow up. | 你没必要这样让我难堪 成熟点吧 |
[32:43] | Ten a.m.? Thank you. | 十点好吗 谢谢 |
[32:53] | Come in. | 请进 |
[32:57] | I just wanted to say I was on my way to the club | 我只是想说 我刚刚出门要去俱乐部 |
[33:01] | and I noticed there’s been a change in reception. | 却发现 前台换人了 |
[33:06] | I had to shuffle the girls. | 我不得不把她们两个调换 |
[33:07] | Well, I’m all for the national advancement of colored people, | 我很赞同国家支持有色人种的进步 |
[33:11] | but I do not believe they should advance | 但我不觉得他们可以 |
[33:14] | all the way to the front of this office. | 进步到公司前台的位置 |
[33:16] | People can see her from the elevator. | 人们从电梯那里就能看到她 |
[33:20] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:21] | Do you want me to dismiss her based on the color of her skin? | 你想让我因为她的肤色开除她吗 |
[33:24] | I said nothing of the kind. | 我没有说这种话 |
[33:26] | I’m merely suggesting a rearrangement | 我仅仅是建议你重新安排一下 |
[33:29] | of your rearrangement. | 此次人员调换 |
[33:31] | Suggesting? | 建议吗 |
[33:33] | Requesting. | 要求 |
[33:43] | Hello? | 有人在吗 |
[33:46] | Bonnie? | 邦妮 |
[33:47] | Pete? | 皮特 |
[33:50] | Hello, Valentine. | 你好 我的情人 |
[33:51] | What a pleasant surprise. | 真是个惊喜 |
[33:54] | Did you come to see me work? | 你来看我工作吗 |
[33:56] | Because I wasn’t expecting you till five. | 我们不是约好五点见吗 |
[33:58] | There’s been a change of plans. | 计划变了 |
[34:00] | You’re going to be showing me around your body | 你要在比弗利山酒店的一个单层别墅里 |
[34:02] | at a bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel. | 带我参观你美妙的身体 |
[34:05] | The devil and his temptations. | 魔鬼的诱惑 |
[34:08] | I’ll be there at 5:15 unless I get an offer. | 我5:15过去 除非有人出价买房 |
[34:10] | You have an offer. | 已经有人想要你了 |
[34:14] | I love my flowers. | 我喜欢你送的花 |
[34:16] | And I love you. | 我也喜欢你 |
[34:18] | But I also love the 15 strangers | 但我也喜欢那15个可能会 |
[34:19] | who might buy this dump. | 买下这鬼地方的陌生人 |
[34:23] | Well, excuse me if I don’t see the point right now. | 抱歉我现在无法理解你 |
[34:25] | I mean, I landed that whale and New York just took it away. | 我拿下了大客户 但纽约那边却抢走了 |
[34:28] | And I realized if the system’s rigged against me, | 然后我意识到如果公司体制于我不利 |
[34:30] | I might as well enjoy myself. | 我还不如好好享受自己 |
[34:34] | I once sold a house for $108,000. | 我有一次把一栋房子卖了10.8万元 |
[34:39] | Two weeks later, during escrow, | 两周后 在第三方保管期间 |
[34:41] | it burned down. | 房子被烧毁了 |
[34:43] | I had driven this Okie couple around for a year. | 我一整年开车载着一对农民夫妇到处跑 |
[34:47] | Bought lunches, | 请他们吃午饭 |
[34:49] | looked at pictures of their hideous children. | 看他们那些丑孩子的照片 |
[34:52] | Do you know where Altadena is? | 你知道阿尔塔迪纳在哪吗 |
[34:55] | Might as well be Barstow. | 或者是巴斯托 |
[34:57] | I’d show up and have to change my blouse | 我每次到了那里都要换掉衬衫 |
[34:59] | because the sweat stains were meeting between my breasts. | 因为胸前已经被汗渍沾湿 |
[35:05] | I could have lived for months | 如果拿到那笔佣金 |
[35:06] | on that commission. | 我几个月都不用工作 |
[35:08] | And then it was all gone | 结果忽然间全没了 |
[35:10] | because some asshole barreling down Lake Avenue | 就因为一个沿着滨湖大道开车的混蛋 |
[35:12] | threw his cigarette out the window. | 把没熄灭的烟头扔出了车窗 |
[35:16] | I’m sorry, but it’s not the same. | 抱歉 但这和我的遭遇不同 |
[35:17] | It’s worse. | 我这更糟糕 |
[35:19] | I’m in sales, too. | 我也是做销售的 |
[35:21] | Not some housewife complaining | 不是一个因为要清理地毯上的燕麦粥 |
[35:22] | about getting oatmeal out of a carpet. | 而怨声不断的家庭主妇 |
[35:25] | An act of God, Pete, | 天意如此 皮特 |
[35:29] | that’s how you know when things are really against you. | 在这种情况下你才知道你真的身处逆境 |
[35:32] | You don’t seem very upset about it. | 你似乎并没有因此很沮丧 |
[35:34] | ‘Cause that’s the thrill. | 因为这正是人生刺激的地方 |
[35:36] | Our fortunes are in other people’s hands | 我们的财富掌握在别人手中 |
[35:40] | and we have to take them. | 而我们需要把它夺回来 |
[35:46] | I want to chew you up and spit you out. | 我真想把你嚼烂 再吐出来 |
[35:50] | Put the sign back. | 把销售牌放回去 |
[36:17] | You sure you don’t want anything? | 你确定你不想吃点什么吗 |
[36:19] | I told you, I’m not hungry. | 我说了 我不饿 |
[36:23] | How are your studies? | 你的学业怎么样 |
[36:24] | Spectacular. | 非常好 |
[36:29] | Do you want a French fry? | 要吃薯条吗 |
[36:34] | They’re cold. | 都凉了 |
[36:36] | Know what? I’m gonna get some coffee. | 算了 我要来点咖啡 |
[36:43] | I should probably call my friends. | 我应该打给我的朋友们 |
[36:45] | They’re probably worried. | 她们可能会担心 |
[36:48] | Want ice cream or something? | 要吃雪糕或什么吗 |
[36:51] | Did you even need gas? | 你是真的需要加油吗 |
[36:53] | I wanted to talk to you. | 我想和你说说话 |
[37:06] | The reason I didn’t tell you I wasn’t working | 我之所以向你隐瞒我没有在工作的事 |
[37:07] | is because I didn’t want anyone to know. | 是因为我不想让任何人知道 |
[37:11] | Got it. | 明白 |
[37:13] | I didn’t behave well. | 我之前行事不慎 |
[37:16] | I said the wrong things to the wrong people at the wrong time. | 在错的时间对错的人说了错的话 |
[37:21] | What did you say? | 你说了什么 |
[37:27] | I told the truth about myself. | 说了关于我自己的实话 |
[37:30] | But it wasn’t the right time. | 但可惜选错了时机 |
[37:33] | And, so they made me take some time off. | 所以他们让我休假一段时间 |
[37:36] | And… | 然后 |
[37:41] | I was ashamed. | 我很羞愧 |
[37:46] | What was the truth? | 你说了什么实话 |
[37:48] | Nothing you don’t know. | 都是你知道的事情 |
[37:53] | So what are you gonna do? | 你接下来打算怎么做 |
[37:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:00] | It’s kind of up to them. | 基本上是由他们来决定 |
[38:05] | If you’re not going to work, why don’t you stay with Megan? | 如果你不需要工作的话 为什么不陪着梅根 |
[38:10] | Because I wanted to be here to fix it. | 因为我想待在这儿 挽救一切 |
[38:14] | How? | 怎么做 |
[38:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:23] | Do you still love Megan? | 你还爱梅根吗 |
[38:25] | Of course I do. | 当然了 |
[38:27] | You know I visit every couple weeks. I talk to her all the time. | 我每过两周就会去一趟 也一直跟她有通电话 |
[38:31] | Why don’t you just tell her | 你为什么不直接告诉她 |
[38:32] | that you don’t want to move to California? | 你不想搬去加州 |
[38:42] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[38:45] | Can I get a Coke? | 我能买瓶可乐吗 |
[38:46] | Sure. | 当然 |
[39:11] | I’m sorry to bother you. | 我很抱歉来打扰你 |
[39:12] | What do you want, Peggy? | 你有什么事 佩奇 |
[39:15] | Well, I’d like Shirley off my desk. | 我不想让雪莉做我的秘书了 |
[39:17] | What? What did she do? | 什么 她做错了什么事 |
[39:20] | There was an incident today | 今天发生了一件事 |
[39:22] | and I’m not comfortable with her on my desk. | 我无法接受她再当我的秘书 |
[39:24] | I shouldn’t have to tell you more than that. | 我不需要再告诉你更多信息了 |
[39:26] | So just fire her. | 那你把她开了吧 |
[39:28] | I didn’t say that. She can work anywhere in the office you want. | 我不是那个意思 她可以替公司其他人服务 |
[39:30] | I just want someone else. | 我只想换个人 |
[39:32] | Fine. You can share Moira. | 行吧 让莫伊拉同时服务你好了 |
[39:35] | She hates me. | 她讨厌我 |
[39:37] | Meredith. | 那梅瑞迪斯吧 |
[39:38] | She has the mind of a child. | 她简直跟小孩一样幼稚 |
[39:39] | Damn it, Peggy! | 该死的 佩奇 |
[39:41] | Dawn can’t work with Lou. | 唐恩无法和卢合作 |
[39:43] | Neither of them can work out front. | 他们又都不能去做前台 |
[39:44] | Scarlett and Harry are practically married. | 斯嘉丽和哈里简直就像小夫妻一样 |
[39:47] | What do you want me to do? | 你指望我能怎么做 |
[39:48] | Fix it. | 解决这事 |
[39:49] | All I know is that today was a workday | 我只知道今天是工作日 |
[39:51] | and I didn’t get anything done. | 但我却什么都没做成 |
[39:57] | What do you want?! | 你又想怎么样 |
[39:58] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:00] | Since the meeting was aborted, | 既然会议被中断了 |
[40:01] | I wanted to get some details regarding Avon. | 我想了解一些关于雅芳的详细信息 |
[40:04] | But perhaps now is not a good time. | 或许现在不是个好时候 |
[40:06] | We’re just having some personnel issues. | 我们出了一些人事上的问题 |
[40:11] | You know, I just realized… | 我刚刚才意识到… |
[40:12] | you have two jobs, don’t you? | 你一直干着两个职位的活儿 是吧 |
[40:15] | I’m not complaining. | 我不是在抱怨 |
[40:17] | Maybe you should. | 或许你该抱怨才对 |
[40:18] | What are the skills required down here? | 在下面这层工作需要怎样的态度呢 |
[40:21] | Organization? Fortitude? Lack of concern for being unliked? | 组织力 刚毅 就算被讨厌也不在乎 |
[40:26] | I suppose. | 我想是吧 |
[40:28] | Well… there’s an office open upstairs. | 楼上还空着间办公室呢 |
[40:33] | It’s for an account man, not the head of personnel. | 是给业务员的 而不是人事部部长 |
[40:38] | What do you mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[40:39] | Let me know what you decide. | 等你决定好了就告诉我吧 |
[40:41] | We can talk about Avon on Monday. | 我们可以在周一时谈谈雅芳的事 |
[40:44] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[40:50] | Hello. | 喂 |
[40:51] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[40:52] | Where the hell are you? | 你现在在哪儿啊 |
[40:53] | We’ve got you covered till lights out. | 我们帮你隐瞒到熄灯时间 |
[40:55] | Ankle Fat thinks you’re at a church somewhere | 那个大象腿舍管员以为你在教堂什么的呢 |
[40:57] | with Sarah crying on your shoulder. | 而莎拉正趴在你的肩膀上哭泣呢 |
[40:59] | Thanks, but I’m with my dad. | 谢谢 我现在跟我爸在一起 |
[41:01] | He wrote me a note. | 他给我写了一张假条 |
[41:03] | You’re never going to believe what happened on the train. | 你绝对不会相信在火车上发生的事 |
[41:05] | There was this creepy salesman from Milford. | 有一个来自米尔福德的特别渗人的销售员 |
[41:07] | He’s really old, but he keeps smiling at us | 他年纪已经很大了 却不停对着我们笑 |
[41:10] | and he wants to take us to the smoker. | 还想带我们去吸烟室 |
[41:12] | Yolanda said– | 约兰达说… |
[41:13] | You know what, Carol? | 那个 卡罗 |
[41:15] | I should go. | 我该挂了 |
[41:17] | Well, we hid your booty. | 我们把你买的东西藏起来了 |
[41:19] | Your sandals, they’re in the back of the closet | 你的凉鞋 放进鞋柜里了 |
[41:20] | next to your cleats. | 就在防滑鞋旁边 |
[41:22] | So at least the trip was worth it. | 至少你这次出去一趟还是很值得的 |
[41:26] | I’ll see you later. Bye. | 回见吧 再见 |
[41:37] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[41:39] | I got you a patty melt. | 我给你叫了一份肉馅三明治 |
[41:40] | Everything okay? | 没什么事吧 |
[41:55] | I don’t like you going to funerals. | 我不喜欢你去参加葬礼 |
[41:59] | It was awful. | 那场景一团糟 |
[42:01] | Sarah’s mom was yellow. | 莎拉的妈妈十分憔悴 |
[42:04] | She was wearing this wig. | 她戴着假发 |
[42:07] | I hate that you had to see that. | 我很难过让你看到那样的场景 |
[42:10] | I only went so I could go shopping. | 我去参加只是为了可以趁机购物 |
[42:13] | I doubt that. | 我不怎么相信 |
[42:16] | I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[42:20] | Life goes on. | 生活会继续前进的 |
[42:25] | I’m so many people. | 我看到太多人的冷暖人生 |
[42:46] | Can you see the car from here? | 你坐在这儿能看到车吗 |
[42:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:51] | Good. I want you to finish your meal. | 很好 我要你慢慢吃完这些食物 |
[42:54] | I’m gonna go out to the car and get it running. | 我先上车 把车子发动起来 |
[42:56] | Then you walk out. | 然后你走出去 |
[43:00] | We’re not gonna pay. | 我们要吃顿霸王餐 |
[43:05] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[43:30] | Don’t bother with the flowers. Everyone’s gone. | 别弄那些花了 大家都走人了 |
[43:33] | No, these are mine. | 不 这些是给我自己的 |
[43:34] | They’re from my son. | 是我儿子送的 |
[43:36] | Thank you, Roger. | 谢谢你 罗杰 |
[43:38] | Well, I bet he’s gonna be pretty upset | 我敢说如果他看到你把这花送人了 |
[43:39] | if he sees you giving them away. | 一定会很不高兴的 |
[43:41] | I’m not. I’m taking them to my new office. | 我不是要送人 是要搬去我的新办公室里 |
[43:45] | Up here? | 在这层吗 |
[43:46] | It was suggested that | 有人暗示说 |
[43:47] | I move now that I have some accounts. | 既然我手上有客户了 也该换个地方了 |
[43:49] | Jim suggested it? | 吉姆的意思吗 |
[43:51] | Do you disagree? | 你不同意吗 |
[43:53] | Does it matter? | 那有关系吗 |
[44:07] | Well, Rome wasn’t built in a day. | 罗马可不是一天建成的 |
[44:43] | Ah, hello. | 你好 |
[44:45] | Hello. | 你好 |
[44:52] | Apparently we’re going to finish that conference call on Monday. | 显然我们周一时要完成那个电话会议 |
[44:55] | That won’t be necessary. | 不必了 |
[44:57] | I set Pete straight. | 我已经安排好皮特了 |
[45:00] | Glad to hear it. | 很高兴听到这个消息 |
[45:04] | I’d hate to think of you as an adversary. | 我很不愿意把你视作对手 |
[45:09] | I’d really hate that. | 我真的很不愿意那样 |
[45:38] | You sure I don’t have to go in and talk to anyone? | 你确定不需要我进去跟学校管理人说说吗 |
[45:40] | No, I have the note. | 不用了 我有假条 |
[45:50] | Happy Valentine’s Day. I love you. | 情人节快乐 我爱你 |