时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | Well, now, we have three options– | 现在 我们有三个选择 |
[00:42] | Catalina, | 第一是去卡特琳娜岛 |
[00:43] | which includes a boat ride one of us will enjoy, | 那需要乘船 我们当中的某人会非常喜欢 |
[00:45] | Yosemite, which is a very long drive, | 第二是去约塞米蒂国家公园 那需要开很久的车 |
[00:48] | or Palm Springs, which– | 第三是去棕榈泉 那地方… |
[00:52] | Are you listening to me? | 你有在听我说话吗 |
[00:53] | Don’t look. | 别回头看 |
[00:55] | Turn around. | 转过来 |
[00:56] | That man is staring at me. | 那个男人在盯着我看 |
[00:58] | Well, I’m relieved that | 我倒是松了一口气 |
[00:59] | you weren’t looking for a better conversation. | 你不是想换个更好的聊天话题 |
[01:01] | It’s a little rude, but I’m fine. | 那有点无礼 但我没事 |
[01:04] | What were you saying? | 你刚刚说什么来着 |
[01:06] | Very well. | “真好” |
[01:09] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[01:11] | George? | 乔治 |
[01:15] | I didn’t want to bother you. | 我本不想来打扰你的 |
[01:16] | You’re obviously here on business. | 你显然是来谈正事的 |
[01:19] | What? | 什么 |
[01:21] | No. | 不 |
[01:22] | Trudy and I are divorced– getting divorced. | 特鲁迪和我离婚了 正在办离婚 |
[01:25] | I’ve relocated to our West Coast office. | 我现在转移到了西海岸办公室工作 |
[01:28] | George Payton, this is Bonnie, my real estate agent. | 乔治·佩顿 这是邦妮 我的房产经纪人 |
[01:30] | I wish you would stop introducing me that way. | 我希望你能别再那样向人介绍我了 |
[01:33] | Why? It’s good for business. | 怎么了 那有利于生意 |
[01:35] | Okay, what if I say, | 好吧 那我这样说吧 |
[01:37] | “Bonnie, my girlfriend, your real estate agent”? | “邦妮 我的女友 你的房产经纪人” |
[01:40] | – Nice to meet you. – Charmed. | -很高兴见到你 -幸会 |
[01:42] | What brings you to L.A.? | 什么风把你吹来洛杉矶了 |
[01:43] | There’s no cough-and-cold season. | 这里可没有寒冷易感冒的季节 |
[01:45] | George works for Vicks. | 乔治在维克制药厂工作 |
[01:47] | Actually, I left. | 实际上 我已经离职了 |
[01:49] | Please, sit. | 请坐吧 |
[01:52] | I’m working for Burger Chef now. | 我现在在”汉堡大厨”工作 |
[01:54] | You can’t be in the hamburger business | 身处汉堡业领域 |
[01:55] | without taking a swing at Disneyland. | 怎么可以不到迪斯尼来视察一趟呢 |
[01:57] | When did that happen? | 那是什么时候的事 |
[01:59] | Right after Tom’s heart attack. | 就在汤姆心脏病发之后 |
[02:01] | I thought of you. | 我想到了你 |
[02:03] | Tom who? | 哪个汤姆 |
[02:04] | Tom Vogel. | 汤姆·沃科 |
[02:06] | He had a heart attack? | 他心脏病发了吗 |
[02:08] | Who’s that? | 那人是谁 |
[02:10] | My father-in-law. | 我岳父 |
[02:12] | I hadn’t heard about that. | 我都没听说这事 |
[02:14] | He’s fine. | 他没事了 |
[02:16] | Who knew he had a heart? | 谁知道他这人竟还有心呢 |
[02:18] | Yes, right. | 是啊 没错 |
[02:20] | You know we’re putting McCann in review. | 我们暂缓了与麦肯公司的继续合作 |
[02:22] | Be nice for us to work together without old Tom in the way. | 没有老汤姆碍事 我们继续合作一定会很愉快 |
[02:28] | It would kill him. | 那会把他气死的 |
[02:32] | Do you want to join us? | 你想跟我们一起吃吗 |
[02:35] | How about I give you a call when I get back to the home office? | 不如等我回到总公司给你打电话吧 |
[02:40] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[02:42] | Have a wonderful evening. | 祝你们晚上愉快 |
[02:48] | I love watching you work. | 我喜欢看你工作时的样子 |
[02:51] | That was skillful. | 真是业务娴熟 |
[02:53] | Those conversations happen all the time. | 像这种对话经常发生的 |
[02:55] | Doesn’t mean anything. | 并没有什么太大意义 |
[04:02] | Uh, any questions? | 有什么问题吗 |
[04:06] | Where are we supposed to work? | 我们要在哪儿工作 |
[04:08] | You all have offices. | 你们都有各自的办公室 |
[04:10] | Lloyd, from LeaseTech, | 来自”租赁科技”的劳埃德 |
[04:12] | has informed us that the footprint of the machine was prohibitive. | 跟我们说电脑的表面空间是绝对不能碰的 |
[04:16] | And then it occurred to us, | 然后我们突然想到 |
[04:17] | why not let every client who sets foot in that door know | 为何不让走进门来的每一位客户都知道 |
[04:21] | that this agency has entered the future? | 本公司已经步入了未来 |
[04:30] | And-and please, we will try and keep the construction | 别担心 我们会尽量保持建设 |
[04:33] | and installation process as brief as possible, | 和安装过程简洁不扰民的 |
[04:35] | but still clear the area for your own safety. | 但为了大家的安全 还是把这块清理出来吧 |
[04:38] | You might want to wear shoes. | 你最好穿上鞋 |
[04:40] | Thank you all. | 谢谢大家 |
[04:44] | If you have any personal items in the creative lounge, | 如果大家有什么私人物品放在了创意部休息室 |
[04:47] | please remove them immediately. | 请立即搬走 |
[04:49] | Anything left behind at noon today will be assumed garbage. | 今天中午前如不清走 就会被视为垃圾处理 |
[04:53] | They’re driving us underground. | 他们想把我们赶到地下去 |
[04:54] | You know Lou didn’t fight for our space. | 卢都没为我们争取这块空间 |
[04:56] | He doesn’t believe in creative | 他完全不重视创意部 |
[04:57] | because he doesn’t know how to do it. | 因为他完全不懂怎么搞创意 |
[04:58] | Trust me, you’re going to use that computer | 相信我 你们以后用那台电脑的时间 |
[05:00] | more than you use that lounge. | 会比用休息室多 |
[05:05] | Did he hear me? | 他听到我说的了吗 |
[05:11] | Why were you late? | 你怎么迟到了 |
[05:12] | You know that’s a no-no. | 你知道那是绝对不允许的 |
[05:14] | I wasn’t late. | 我没迟到 |
[05:15] | I didn’t get a memo. I don’t even know what’s going on. | 我没收到备忘录 我都不知道这是怎么回事 |
[05:17] | Well, we’re getting a computer. | 我们要安装一台电脑 |
[05:19] | It’s going to do lots of magical things, | 它可以做很多神奇的事情 |
[05:21] | like make Harry Crane seem important. | 比如凸显哈里·克雷恩的地位 |
[05:23] | This decision must have been made at the partners’ level. | 这个决定一定是合伙人们商讨后同意的吧 |
[05:25] | It preceded you. | 那是在你回来之前的事 |
[05:26] | You got a problem, take it up with Cutler. | 你有意见的话去找卡特勒吧 |
[05:31] | Think it’s too early to, uh, | 你觉得现在喝点酒 |
[05:33] | come in and celebrate our technological advancement? | 庆祝一下我们的科技进步会不会太早了 |
[05:35] | I think that’s worse than being late, isn’t it? | 我觉得那要比迟到性质更恶劣 不是吗 |
[05:38] | You’re right. Good thinking. | 你说得对 很聪明 |
[05:39] | Maybe later, off campus. | 或许晚点吧 出去喝 |
[05:53] | Harry Crane took a huge dump, | 哈里·克雷恩拉了巨大的一泡屎 |
[05:54] | and we got flushed down the toilet. | 我们却得替他冲厕所 |
[05:56] | Ginsberg, don’t you believe in advertising? | 金斯伯格 你不相信广告吗 |
[05:59] | That computer is the “Mona Lisa.” | 那台电脑就是蒙娜丽莎 |
[06:01] | People pay entry to the whole Louvre just to walk by that thing. | 人们花钱进卢浮宫就为了从那画像面前走过 |
[06:06] | This is what was unique about this place. | 那正是这地方的独特之处 |
[06:10] | I want the couch. | 我想要这沙发 |
[06:12] | That is not going to fit in our office. | 我们的办公室里放不下 |
[06:14] | Why don’t we switch it with the one in Lane’s office? | 不如我们把这个和莱恩办公室里那个换一下吧 |
[06:16] | Because that one’s really good. | 那个真的很舒服 |
[06:17] | You mean Don’s office? | 你是说唐的办公室吗 |
[06:19] | Don! Can you take the other end of this? | 唐 你能在那头搭把手吗 |
[06:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:32] | You gotta hold your side a little lower. | 你得把你那头放低一点 |
[06:34] | I’m on the heavy side of the seesaw right now. | 现在重心全部压在我这边了 |
[06:37] | A little to your right. My right. | 往你的右边移一点 是我的右边 |
[06:42] | Damn it, Ginsberg. | 该死的 金斯伯格 |
[06:43] | Put it back! It’s too big for our office. | 放回去 我们办公室太小了放不下 |
[06:45] | Come on, Stan! I wanna try. The other one’s full of farts! | 拜托 斯坦 我想试试 另一个沙发臭死了 |
[06:51] | You’re on your own. | 你自己弄去吧 |
[06:55] | Let me put this in terms the art department can understand– | 我就用美术部能听懂的话说一下现在的情况吧 |
[06:57] | they’re trying to erase us! | 他们想抹除我们 |
[07:00] | But they can’t erase this couch! | 但他们无法抹除这个沙发 |
[07:39] | So, in addition to the fruitful nature | 除了我们之前跟维克制药间 |
[07:41] | of our previous relationship at Vicks, | 良好而卓有成效的合作关系 |
[07:43] | George is very excited about our bicoastal presence. | 乔治很看好我们在东西海岸都设立办公室的做法 |
[07:47] | Are we concerned about a conflict with H. Salt Fish & Chips? | 那会不会跟索特炸鱼和薯片连锁店有冲突 |
[07:50] | Ted? | 泰德 |
[07:52] | H. Salt views themselves as a specialty restaurant, not fast food. | 索特将自身定位为特色餐厅 而非快餐店 |
[07:57] | That’s a joke, right? | 这是个笑话吧 |
[07:59] | Pete, what did your friend at Burger Chef say? | 皮特 你那个在汉堡大厨的朋友怎么说 |
[08:02] | They’re going to open their thousandth store, | 他们的连锁店很快将达到上千家 |
[08:04] | and that’s across 45 states. | 遍布45个州 |
[08:06] | George Payton knows who his competition is, | 乔治·佩顿很清楚对手是谁 |
[08:08] | and he loves that we understand the franchise game. | 他很高兴我们很懂经销权的运营 |
[08:11] | Well, Ted, you’re the king of fish and chips, | 泰德 你是主管炸鱼和薯条这个客户的 |
[08:13] | but I don’t want you running the team from out there. | 但我不希望你在那里管理运营团队 |
[08:16] | We’re calling you home. | 我们要把你召回来 |
[08:19] | Sorry, Jim, I’m not going anywhere. | 抱歉 吉姆 我哪儿也不去 |
[08:22] | I think we should put Peggy on it. | 我觉得我们应该派佩奇负责 |
[08:24] | This is a national campaign. | 这可是全国性的广告 |
[08:25] | It’s almost three million in billings. | 单子价值将近三百万 |
[08:27] | The whole thing’s about the kitchen | 他们的宣传重点在于厨艺 |
[08:29] | and the cleanliness and getting to the homemakers. | 清洁 打动家庭主妇们 |
[08:31] | They’ll want a woman. | 他们更需要个女人 |
[08:34] | Lou? | 卢 |
[08:37] | I think Peggy is the right choice. | 我想佩奇是合适的人选 |
[08:41] | Well, I’m glad we all agree | 很高兴我们一致同意 |
[08:42] | the client’s going to love having a woman’s point of view– | 客户会愿意参考一个女人的看法 |
[08:45] | or whatever Peggy counts as– | 或无论佩奇以什么身份参与 |
[08:46] | but is Don not even on the list? | 但是唐都不参与吗 |
[08:50] | I was thinking the same thing. | 我也在考虑同样的问题 |
[08:52] | He’s spent three weeks alone in that cave, | 他一个人在那里坐了三周了 |
[08:54] | and he hasn’t clubbed another ape yet. | 完全没有做出任何事 |
[08:56] | High praise indeed. Lou? | 评价很高啊 卢呢 |
[09:00] | Don’s a very valuable piece of talent. | 唐确实是个很有价值的天才 |
[09:03] | He should be put to work already. | 早就该给他安排工作了 |
[09:05] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[09:07] | Good work all around. | 各方面都很出色 |
[09:09] | That’s what I always say, this business is about relationships. | 我就常说嘛 干这行就得靠关系 |
[09:12] | Bye-bye, boys. | 再见 小伙子们 |
[09:15] | Dee, we’re done. | 迪 我们打完了 |
[09:17] | Let’s see ’em give that to Bob Benson. | 看鲍勃·本森知道这消息后是什么反应 |
[09:19] | We done here? | 结束了吗 |
[09:26] | I thought we had an understanding about Don. | 我还以为我们对唐已经达成了共识 |
[09:29] | Well, there’s nothing to be afraid of. | 没什么好担心的 |
[09:31] | He’s an exquisite copywriter, if nothing else. | 他最多也就是个高级文案而已 |
[09:34] | He’s gonna implode. | 他可能会崩溃的 |
[09:36] | That’s a distinct possibility, isn’t it? | 非常有可能 不是吗 |
[09:38] | On the other hand, you might get some good work. | 从另一个角度看 你可能会得到些好作品 |
[09:50] | Hey, spud! Get over here. | 嘿 小家伙 过来 |
[09:56] | What’s going on? | 在干什么呢 |
[09:57] | We’re playing “hide-and-go-seek.” | 我们在玩捉迷藏 |
[09:59] | You hear that, Caroline? | 你听到了吗 卡罗琳 |
[10:00] | Someone’s hunting big game. | 有人要追捕大猎物呢 |
[10:02] | And someone’s looking for you. | 有人在找你 |
[10:04] | Mommy here? | 妈妈来了吗 |
[10:05] | No, Daddy and Nana. | 没有 只有爸爸和外婆 |
[10:07] | They’re in there. | 他们在里面 |
[10:09] | Ellery and I are supposed to “go play.” | 埃勒里和我要继续去玩啦 |
[10:11] | See ya later, alligator. | 一会儿见 小家伙 |
[10:19] | Mona, Brooks. What a pleasant surprise. | 莫娜 布鲁克斯 真是惊喜啊 |
[10:24] | Margaret’s run away. | 玛格丽特跑了 |
[10:26] | To where? Bergdorf’s? | 去哪儿了 波道夫奢华商场吗 |
[10:28] | It’s not a joke. | 我不是在开玩笑 |
[10:29] | She’s upstate with some sort of religious cult. | 她跟着某些狂热宗教分子跑到州北部去了 |
[10:32] | – What? – It’s a commune. | -什么 -那是个群居团体 |
[10:33] | You don’t know that. | 你又不能完全确定 |
[10:35] | What the hell happened? | 到底出什么事了 |
[10:36] | I can’t get a straight story. | 我也搞不清楚到底怎么回事 |
[10:37] | Because I don’t know why you need to know. | 因为我不知道你为什么要知道 |
[10:39] | Apparently, she woke up one morning | 显然 她在某天早上醒来 |
[10:41] | and got in a van with some hippies that she barely knew. | 跟着她刚认识的嬉皮士坐上了一辆小卡车 |
[10:44] | She’s only been gone a few days. | 她刚走了几天而已 |
[10:46] | Ten. | 10天了 |
[10:47] | Brooks and I think it best if you go up there and retrieve her. | 布鲁克斯和我认为你最好还是去把她找回来 |
[10:50] | The only reason I even told you is | 我告诉你的唯一原因是 |
[10:52] | because I need someone to watch my son, | 我需要人照看我的儿子 |
[10:53] | and I thought it best it be family. | 我想最好是自家人 |
[10:56] | If you don’t want to do it, | 如果你不想帮忙 |
[10:57] | I’ve got a long list of strangers I can pay. | 我还有一堆陌生人选可以雇 |
[10:59] | You’re upset. | 你很伤心 |
[11:01] | You’re not thinking right. | 你现在脑子不够清醒 |
[11:04] | We can’t help you if you don’t tell us what happened. | 如果你不告诉我们出了什么事 我们也没法儿帮你 |
[11:11] | Look, she hasn’t been herself lately | 是这样 她最近不太对劲 |
[11:14] | and we went to this marriage encounter group. | 于是我们去参加了婚姻关系增进小组 |
[11:18] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[11:19] | She wanted to, | 她想去的 |
[11:20] | and I thought it would be good for her to talk to people. | 我也以为她出去跟人聊聊也有好处 |
[11:23] | That’s always a mistake. | 那永远都是错误的选择 |
[11:24] | Roger! | 罗杰 |
[11:27] | Brooks, sweetheart, I don’t mind watching my grandson, | 布鲁克斯 亲爱的 我不介意照看外孙 |
[11:32] | but it sounds like you tried to stop her and you obviously failed. | 但听起来像是你试图阻止她 但明显失败了 |
[11:35] | A father is a powerful thing. | 父亲是个强大的身份 |
[11:37] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[11:38] | Of course she’ll watch him. Let the man be a man. | 她当然会照看孩子的 给这男人一个担当的机会 |
[11:43] | Appreciate that, sir. | 非常感谢 先生 |
[11:44] | I’m gonna go say goodbye. | 我要走了 |
[11:45] | I’m telling him that I’m joining her on vacation. | 我会告诉他 我和他妈妈一起去度假了 |
[11:49] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[11:55] | What kind of a sales pitch was that? That was terrible. | 你这是在鼓动他干什么啊 真是太恶劣了 |
[11:58] | I agree with him. | 我同意他的看法 |
[12:00] | She is off her rocker and she has run away with, | 她的人生偏离了正轨 而且据我所知 |
[12:03] | from what I can glean, more than one lover. | 她是跟不止一个情人私奔了 |
[12:06] | I only know one other person who would do something like that. | 我只知道还有一个人会干这种事 |
[12:09] | How is this my fault? | 怎么能说这是我的错 |
[12:10] | Because she is a perverse child who only thinks of herself. | 因为她是个倔强的孩子 只考虑她自己 |
[12:13] | Look, I know you’re upset. | 听着 我知道你很伤心 |
[12:16] | I am terribly worried. | 我是非常担心 |
[12:18] | It’ll be fine. | 会没事的 |
[12:31] | Well, it was a variety show, | 有个综艺节目 |
[12:32] | and it featured this computer that was programming the variety acts. | 特色是由一台电脑安排综艺表演 |
[12:36] | And they had a lot of psychedelic graphics. | 他们运用了很多幻觉图像 |
[12:38] | It was obvious that whoever did the sets | 我敢说 无论是谁做的布景 |
[12:39] | had never seen the IBM 360, I can say. | 他显然没见过IBM 360 |
[12:42] | Well, maybe I’ll go buy a TV. I can catch it. | 也许我该去买台电视 那样我就能收看了 |
[12:44] | You should get a TV, | 你是该买一台电视 |
[12:45] | but it got cancelled 11 minutes into the premiere. | 但首播时被剪掉了11分钟 |
[12:47] | Tim Conway plays a guy who’s trying to kill himself the whole show. | 蒂姆·康威在剧中扮演了一个一直想自杀的家伙 |
[12:50] | Probably to get out of his contract. | 可能是为了解约吧 |
[12:52] | Don Draper, this is Lloyd Hawley. | 唐·德雷柏 这是劳埃德·霍利 |
[12:53] | Lloyd’s with LeaseTech. | 劳埃德是”租赁科技”公司的 |
[12:54] | I saw you at the announcement. | 我在早上开会宣布时看到你了 |
[12:56] | And what do you do around here, Don? | 你在这里是做什么工作的 唐 |
[12:57] | Oh. Don is, uh, a partner and our creative director. | 唐是合伙人 也是我们的创意总监 |
[13:01] | I thought, uh, Lou was the creative director. | 我还以为卢是创意总监呢 |
[13:04] | We have two. | 我们有两个 |
[13:04] | We have three. I mean, there’s Ted, too. | 我们有三个 还有泰德 |
[13:09] | You must have a hell of a business right now. | 你们现在的生意一定很红火吧 |
[13:11] | Oh, we’ll see. | 也不能这么说 |
[13:12] | It’s tough, because we both sell IBM’s product | 其实很艰难 因为我们既要卖IBM的产品 |
[13:14] | and compete with them. | 又要跟他们竞争 |
[13:16] | Who’s winning? Who’s replacing more humans? | 赢家是谁 谁能取代更多人 |
[13:20] | Listen, I apologize about your work area. | 我很抱歉占了你们的工作区 |
[13:23] | It wasn’t my idea. | 我并不想这样 |
[13:25] | Look, I’m sorry you lost your lunchroom. | 我很遗憾你失去了你的餐厅 |
[13:28] | It’s not symbolic. | 我没什么所指 |
[13:29] | No, it’s quite literal. | 没错 确实是本意 |
[13:32] | Talk to you later, Lloyd. | 晚点再聊 劳埃德 |
[13:33] | Some of us have work to do. | 我们有些人还有工作要做 |
[13:36] | This is why I supervise the installations. | 所以我才得来监督安装 |
[13:38] | There’s always some kind of trouble. | 总是有这样那样的麻烦 |
[13:41] | Don’t worry, that goes back years. | 别担心 积怨已久罢了 |
[13:43] | Well, I go into businesses every day, and it’s been my experience | 我天天在这行干 发现人们心中 |
[13:46] | these machines can be a metaphor for whatever’s on people’s minds. | 已经把这些机器比喻成了各种各样的东西 |
[13:49] | Because they’re afraid of computers? | 因为他们怕电脑吗 |
[13:51] | Yes. | 没错 |
[13:52] | This machine is frightening to people, but it’s made by people. | 这个机器让人们恐惧 但却是人造的 |
[13:56] | And people aren’t frightening? | 人就不可怕了吗 |
[13:57] | It’s not that. | 不是那样 |
[13:59] | It’s more of a cosmic disturbance. | 更像是一种无边的恐慌 |
[14:02] | This machine is intimidating | 这机器很吓人 |
[14:03] | because it contains infinite quantities of information, | 因为它包含了无穷的信息 |
[14:06] | and that’s threatening, because human existence is finite. | 而这一点威胁到了人类 毕竟人生有涯 |
[14:11] | But isn’t it godlike | 但我们掌握了无穷限 |
[14:12] | that we’ve mastered the infinite? | 难道没有一种上帝般的感觉吗 |
[14:15] | The IBM 360 can count more stars in a day | IBM360一天数的星星 |
[14:18] | than we can in a lifetime. | 够我们数一辈子的 |
[14:20] | But what man laid on his back counting stars | 什么人才会每天仰面朝天 细数星辰 |
[14:22] | and thought about a number? | 满脑子都是一个数字 |
[14:24] | He probably thought about going to the moon. | 没准儿他想要登月吧 |
[14:30] | Pleasure to meet you, Lloyd. I should get back in there. | 很高兴认识你劳埃德 我该回去了 |
[14:40] | You wanted to see me? | 您找我 |
[14:41] | Close the door. | 关上门 |
[14:57] | It’s quite a view, isn’t it? | 窗外风景不错 不是吗 |
[14:59] | I like to think of myself as a leader, Peggy, | 我自认为是个领导 佩奇 |
[15:01] | and that means doling out discipline. | 那意味着我得制定规矩 |
[15:04] | But it also means tempering it with encouragement. | 也意味着必须辅以一些激励措施 |
[15:09] | Which should I be prepared for? | 你需要我准备好做什么 |
[15:12] | I didn’t hire you, | 你虽不是我招进公司的 |
[15:13] | but I would have, | 但我肯定能看中你 |
[15:14] | and I would’ve paid you as befits your senior status. | 而且我还会给出符合你资历的薪酬 |
[15:19] | I’m giving you $100 more a week. | 我每周给你涨100美元薪水 |
[15:24] | I’m writing it on this piece of paper | 我决定白纸黑字写下来 |
[15:27] | because I’ve found that saying things around here | 因为我发现在本公司口说之事 |
[15:32] | is useless. | 是完全没用的 |
[15:37] | Well, I, uh, | 我 |
[15:39] | appreciate that. | 很感谢您 |
[15:42] | Very much. | 真的很感谢 |
[15:43] | Well, with it comes a mission. | 受禄还需有功 |
[15:45] | I’m putting you in charge of Burger Chef. | 我要你主管汉堡大厨的项目 |
[15:48] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:49] | Carve out hours for whomever you want on the team. And Don. | 想用谁尽管抽调 把唐也带上 |
[15:54] | Don Draper? | 唐·德雷柏 |
[15:55] | He’s the one. | 就是他 |
[16:03] | Thank you so much, Lou. | 非常感谢 卢 |
[16:05] | Knock ’em dead. | 做出令他们震撼的作品 |
[16:08] | Have you told Don? | 您跟唐说了吗 |
[16:09] | You’re in charge, sweetheart. | 你才是负责人 亲爱的 |
[16:31] | Is he in? | 他在吗 |
[16:33] | He never leaves. | 他从没出门 |
[16:50] | Marsha, can you bring Don and Mathis to my office? | 玛莎 能叫唐和马西斯到我办公室来吗 |
[16:53] | Certainly. | 没问题 |
[16:57] | Come in. | 进 |
[17:00] | Please don’t eat that. You’re so trim. | 别吃那个好吗 你现在身型这么好 |
[17:05] | Anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[17:06] | Miss Olson would like to see you. | 奥尔森小姐想见你 |
[17:08] | Send her in. | 让她进来吧 |
[17:10] | No, I’m to send you in. | 不 她想让你过去 |
[17:13] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[17:26] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我是吗 |
[17:27] | Can I offer you something? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[17:29] | It was a long walk, but no. | 走过来确实很远 不过算了吧 |
[17:31] | I have what I think is very good news. | 我窃以为接到了一个好消息 |
[17:34] | I hope you see it that way. | 希望你也能这么想 |
[17:35] | Hey, Don. | 唐 |
[17:50] | I don’t know if you heard the rumors, | 不知道你们听说了没 |
[17:52] | but Pete Campbell has gotten us | 皮特·坎贝尔给我们赢得了 |
[17:54] | a presentation with Burger Chef. | 竞标汉堡大厨广告的机会 |
[17:56] | All I know is it’s national fast food. | 我只知道这是家享誉全国的快餐店 |
[17:58] | They run a new spot every month. | 每个月都会有一家新店面开张 |
[17:59] | That’s right. But we have to win it first, | 没错 但首先我们得拿下这单生意 |
[18:02] | and that’s why I wanted you both on my team. | 所以我希望你们能助我一臂之力 |
[18:06] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[18:07] | Congratulations to you. | 同喜 |
[18:10] | How long do we have? | 我们有多少时间筹备 |
[18:12] | I don’t know yet, | 我现在还不知道 |
[18:12] | but I want to get started right away. | 但我希望马上开始 |
[18:14] | I think 25 tags should get the ball rolling. | 我觉得可以先拿25条广告语出来 |
[18:18] | I’ll get right on it. | 我马上开始做 |
[18:19] | Apiece. | 每人25条 |
[18:20] | That’s 50 total between the two of you. | 就是说你们两个总共提出50条广告语 |
[18:28] | What’s the strategy? | 我们的策略是什么 |
[18:30] | Lou likes to start with the tags and then sneak up on a strategy. | 卢喜欢先定广告语然后再敲定策略 |
[18:34] | You’ll get used to it. | 你慢慢就习惯了 |
[18:39] | Well, that’ll do it. | 那就这样了 |
[18:44] | Thanks for thinking of me. | 谢谢你能想到我 |
[18:45] | I look forward to your work. Monday. | 我很期待你的作品 周一提交上来 |
[19:32] | How was your weekend? | 周末过得好吗 |
[19:34] | Lonely. How was yours? | 很寂寞 你呢 |
[19:36] | Wouldn’t you like to know? | 你想知道吗 |
[19:39] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[19:40] | You have a meeting with Miss Olson, | 您今天和奥尔森小姐有个会 |
[19:43] | and the Burger Chef research came in. | 还有些汉堡大厨的资料要给你 |
[19:56] | Is he in? | 他来了吗 |
[19:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:59] | Good. | 好 |
[20:14] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[20:15] | Don’t act like you were looking for me. | 别弄得好像你满世界找我似得 |
[20:16] | I was looking for you. | 我还一直在找你呢 |
[20:18] | I need coffee. I didn’t sleep last night. | 给我来杯咖啡 我昨晚没睡 |
[20:20] | Well, Mona called, and I’m supposed to read you this message. | 莫娜来电话了 她让我把这个念给你听 |
[20:26] | “Hey, genius! Brooks is in jail in Kingston.” | “喂 大天才 布鲁克斯在金斯顿入狱了” |
[20:33] | From now on, you don’t listen to her, you listen to me. | 从现在开始 你只听命于我 完全无视她 |
[20:41] | And what I really like is no matter what you order, | 我最喜欢的是 不管你点什么餐 |
[20:43] | they give you a side of spaghetti, | 总会上一份意面佐餐 |
[20:45] | even if you order spaghetti. | 哪怕你点的就是意面 |
[20:47] | What, Burger Chef does? | 什么 汉堡大厨这么做吗 |
[20:48] | No, Vito’s. | 不 是意佰度披萨 |
[20:53] | I can go get him. | 我去叫他吧 |
[21:03] | Come in. | 请进 |
[21:09] | It’s time for the meeting. | 该开会了 |
[21:10] | I can’t make it. | 我实在抽不开身 |
[21:14] | Do you want me to turn in your tags? | 要我帮你把广告语带过去吗 |
[21:16] | Nope. | 免了 |
[21:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:24] | He’s not coming. | 他来不了 |
[21:26] | What? | 什么 |
[21:27] | That’s what he said. | 他是这么说的 |
[21:30] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[21:32] | I guess he’s not ready. | 他可能还没准备好 |
[21:34] | I mean, we did just get the research. | 我们刚刚才拿到市调报告 |
[21:40] | I would really appreciate a chance to beef these up, as it were. | 我也恳请能回去润色一下我这些广告语 |
[21:43] | I mean, if Don’s going to get more time. | 我是说 如果唐可以有更多时间的话 |
[21:48] | Here’s a better idea. | 我有个更好的想法 |
[21:50] | Why don’t we move the meeting to the end of the day, | 不如我们把会推迟到今天下班的时候 |
[21:53] | and you give me what you’ve got now plus 25 more? | 你再多想25个广告语出来一起交给我 |
[21:57] | That’s going to be 50. | 那就是50条广告语了 |
[21:58] | But now you have the research. | 但你现在有市调报告可参考了 |
[22:18] | Nothing works. | 没一样好使的 |
[22:19] | You need to calm down. | 你冷静点儿 |
[22:20] | I don’t want this turning | 我可不想到那儿之后 |
[22:21] | into “The Guiding Light” the moment we get there. | 闹得跟《指路明灯》的剧情一样 |
[22:21] | 吉尼斯世界纪录登记的 播映期间最长的电视剧 | |
[22:23] | Ha. I’m worried, but you’re angry. | 我满心焦虑 你却怒火中烧 |
[22:26] | Don’t lose your temper. How much cash do you have? | 别发火 你带了多少钱 |
[22:29] | Why don’t you reach in and check? | 你不如把手伸进我口袋里摸摸看吧 |
[22:32] | His bail is 180. | 保释金要180美元 |
[22:33] | Let Brooks spend another day in the slammer. | 让布鲁克斯在号子里再多呆一天 |
[22:35] | He’ll just get in the way. | 反正他也碍手碍脚的 |
[22:37] | No, obviously. I meant we should spring him on the way back. | 不 我是说我们在回来的时候再保释他 |
[22:40] | He’s a bum. | 他就是个瘪三 |
[22:41] | If he wasn’t a bum, she wouldn’t have left him. | 他要不是瘪三 女儿也不会抛下他 |
[22:43] | She told him she was never leaving that place | 她说她绝不会离开那里 |
[22:45] | and that he and Ellery could stay there. | 他和埃勒里也可以过去 |
[22:47] | I mean, what was he supposed to do? | 他能怎么办 |
[22:49] | He was supposed to get into a fight with those hippies, | 他应该跟那群嬉皮士干一架 |
[22:51] | not some rednecks in a bar three hours later. | 而不是3小时后和一群乡下人在酒吧打起来 |
[22:54] | It’s my fault. | 都是我不好 |
[22:56] | I always let her out of everything. | 我什么都给她解决好了 |
[22:57] | She only had one job, and that was to find a husband, | 她只有一个任务 就是找个好丈夫 |
[23:00] | and she mucked it up. | 她还是搞砸了 |
[23:02] | You liked him. | 你以前挺喜欢他的 |
[23:04] | I thought he was good enough for the time being. | 我之前是觉得他暂且还不错 |
[23:08] | I wanted her to wait like I did. | 我想让她像我一样多等等 |
[23:11] | You only waited because I wasn’t available. | 你等着是因为你当时尚且得不到我 |
[23:14] | Well, look how that worked out. | 看看如今的结局 |
[23:16] | What was she supposed to think? | 她还能怎么想 |
[23:19] | “Things are hard, I’ll just find another man.” | “生活不顺 我就换个男人吧” |
[23:22] | That can’t be it. | 不是因为这个 |
[23:24] | Oh, God, I hope she’s not a drug addict– | 天呐 但愿她不是瘾君子 |
[23:27] | although they usually stay in the city. | 不过那种人通常都住在城里 |
[23:30] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[23:31] | “Life” magazine. | 《生活》杂志上读的 |
[23:33] | It’s probably another man, who probably has drugs. | 她可能与某个有毒品的男人有染 |
[23:37] | You and me is not such a bad example. | 你和我不算坏榜样 |
[23:38] | I mean, what psychiatrist is Ellery going to be telling | 埃勒里以后会向哪个心理医生诉说 |
[23:40] | one day about the weekend his dad was in jail | 某个周末 他的爸爸蹲了监狱 |
[23:42] | and his mom was in a commune? | 妈妈进了嬉皮士的群居团体 |
[23:45] | I’m sure you can recommend one. | 我相信你能推荐一个 |
[23:49] | You know, I haven’t seen her in a while, | 我有段时间没见她了 |
[23:51] | because the last time I did, she was so cruel and so serene. | 因为上次见面时 她冷酷而无情 |
[23:56] | She has been strange lately. | 她近来的确古怪 |
[23:58] | And a little bit philosophical? | 而且说起话来充满哲学 |
[24:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:07] | I thought she was finally happy. | 我以为她终于找到了幸福 |
[24:22] | Come in. | 进 |
[24:25] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰 |
[24:26] | Uh, do you have a light? | 你有火机吗 |
[24:27] | Mine crapped out on me. | 我的不好用了 |
[24:29] | The perils of technology. | 科技的危险 |
[24:31] | It’s 1969 and you’re unable to make fire. | 已经1969年了 你依然无法生火 |
[24:33] | Human error. Forgot to fill it. | 人为失误 忘记加油了 |
[24:38] | You’re the only one here. It’s lunchtime. | 午餐时间只有你在 |
[24:40] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[24:42] | Probably have too much to do. | 估计是你工作繁重 |
[24:44] | I’m not doing anything. | 我什么也没做 |
[24:47] | Look, I don’t want to put you out, | 听着 我不想打扰你 |
[24:49] | but if you have a second– | 但如果你有空 |
[24:51] | I have an advertising question. | 我想问个广告方面的问题 |
[24:56] | Go ahead. | 问吧 |
[24:58] | Advertising– does it work? | 广告 有效果吗 |
[25:02] | On some people. | 对某些人有效果 |
[25:05] | It helps to have a good product. | 产品好的话效果比较显著 |
[25:07] | Well, I’ll tell you how great it is. | 我可以告诉你它有多棒 |
[25:09] | I started LeaseTech with two old friends, | 我和两个老友创办了租赁科技 |
[25:11] | and six months later we have 19 new employees | 6个月后 我们有19名新员工 |
[25:14] | and three new competitors. | 以及三家新的竞争对手 |
[25:18] | Well, the first question is, how is what you’re selling unique? | 首要问题是 你的产品有何独特之处 |
[25:22] | IBM’s leases are short and expensive | IBM的租期短 租金昂贵 |
[25:25] | because they’re always replacing the equipment with the newest model. | 因为他们总是在更新换代 |
[25:28] | Ours are cheaper because we don’t do that. | 我们不替换 所以比较便宜 |
[25:31] | Don’t yours become obsolete? | 你们的电脑不会被淘汰吗 |
[25:32] | Oh, they all become obsolete eventually. | 电脑迟早都会被淘汰 |
[25:35] | The question is, how long does that take? | 问题是 能用多久 |
[25:37] | IBM doesn’t care because they just sell new machines. | IBM不关心这个问题 因为他们只卖新电脑 |
[25:43] | At this point I usually ask, “How did you get into this business?” | 此时我通常会问 你是怎么入行的 |
[25:46] | Well, I was at IBM for a few years. | 我在IBM工作了几年 |
[25:50] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[25:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:51] | And I saw that they have got a great product, | 我看到他们有很好的产品 |
[25:54] | but they don’t trust it. | 但他们不信任产品 |
[25:56] | I’ve worked with these machines. | 我亲身接触过这些机器 |
[25:58] | I know how resilient they are. | 我知道它们有多耐用 |
[25:59] | I don’t want to find them in a junkyard in two years . | 我不想看到它们两年后被丢到垃圾场 |
[26:04] | So you’re betting that they’ll last longer than even IBM thinks? | 所以你相信它们的使用期比IBM想象的要长 |
[26:07] | Yeah. But the problem is, so are a bunch of other companies. | 对 但问题是 很多其他公司也这么想 |
[26:12] | But they don’t have you, and they don’t advertise. | 但他们没有你 他们没做广告 |
[26:18] | Very nice. | 说得好 |
[26:22] | What’s IBM like? | IBM是什么样的 |
[26:24] | Oh, there you are. I thought we were going to lunch. | 你在这里啊 我们不是要一起吃午饭吗 |
[26:28] | Thanks for the light. | 感谢你的火 |
[26:29] | Pleasure to talk to you. | 很高兴与你交谈 |
[26:31] | You were going to give me the name of a good keypunch service. | 你得给我介绍一家信息录入公司 |
[26:43] | When’s Roger back from lunch? | 罗杰什么时候吃完午饭回来 |
[26:44] | He’s gone for the day. | 他今天不回来了 |
[26:53] | You got a second, Bert? | 你有空吗 伯特 |
[26:54] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:57] | LeaseTech– | 租赁科技 |
[26:58] | the company we’re leasing the computer from– is a virgin. | 给我们租电脑的那家公司 是一块处女地 |
[27:01] | And I think we should prepare a presentation while their guy is hanging around. | 我们应该趁他们在这里时准备一次创意展示 |
[27:03] | Push him over the edge. | 说服他做广告 |
[27:06] | New business? | 新业务 |
[27:07] | That whole industry is exploding. | 整个产业都在飞速发展 |
[27:09] | This guy has exponential growth. | 他的公司呈指数级增长 |
[27:12] | Have you forgotten the stipulations? | 你忘记约束条款了吗 |
[27:14] | Fine, tell somebody else. | 好吧 给其他人说说 |
[27:15] | I mean, the apple is right there. | 我是说 机会摆在眼前 |
[27:17] | You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what went wrong here. | 你完全误会了问题的本质 |
[27:22] | So, that’s it? You want me to be a janitor? | 是吗 你只想让我当个看门人 |
[27:24] | Whistle while I work? | 工作时吹着口哨 |
[27:26] | You thought there was going to be a big creative crisis | 你以为我们会遇到创意危机 |
[27:29] | and we’d pull you off the bench. | 然后请你出山 |
[27:31] | But in fact, we’ve been doing just fine. | 但事实上 我们运行得很好 |
[27:35] | So, why am I even here? | 那我为什么要回来这里 |
[27:36] | I could’ve gone anywhere. | 我可以去任何地方 |
[27:37] | Why are you here? | 你为什么回来这里 |
[27:39] | Because I started this agency! | 因为我创办了这家公司 |
[27:40] | Along with a dead man, | 当时和你一起创办的那人已经死了 |
[27:41] | whose office you now inhabit. | 你还继承了他的办公室 |
[27:58] | I left something in there. | 我忘了点东西在里面 |
[28:00] | When? | 什么时候 |
[28:15] | Thank you, Caroline. I got it. | 谢谢 卡罗琳 我拿到了 |
[28:51] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[29:13] | Are you looking to buy some jelly? | 你们想买果冻吗 |
[29:14] | The stand’s up the road. | 小摊位在路那头 |
[29:16] | No, we’re looking for, uh, Margaret Sterling. | 不 我们在找玛格丽特·斯特林 |
[29:18] | Hargrove. | 哈格罗夫 |
[29:19] | Margaret Hargrove. | 玛格丽特·哈格罗夫 |
[29:21] | I know who you’re talking about. | 我知道你说的是谁 |
[29:24] | Marigold? | 玛丽格德 |
[29:27] | She doesn’t want any trouble, | 她不想惹麻烦 |
[29:29] | and we don’t want any trouble. | 我们也不想惹麻烦 |
[29:31] | Nor do we. | 我们也是 |
[29:32] | These two are looking for you. | 他们想见你 |
[29:34] | You know ’em? | 你认识他们吗 |
[29:37] | Of course I do. | 当然认识 |
[29:39] | This is my mother and father. | 他们是我父母 |
[29:44] | Mother, you look wonderful. | 妈妈 你看起来很棒 |
[29:45] | Stop it. | 别 |
[29:47] | I know why you’re here, and I just want to welcome you. | 我知道你为何前来 我只想欢迎你 |
[29:57] | Margaret, darling, we just, uh– | 玛格丽特 亲爱的 我们只是 |
[30:02] | Could you call off your “dogs”? | 你能赶走你的”狗”吗 |
[30:04] | I’d like to have a private conversation. | 我想跟你私下谈谈 |
[30:06] | Hey, everybody, I understand the dry cleaning’s ready, | 各位 我知道衣服干洗完了 |
[30:08] | but can you bring it back in an hour? | 但你们能一小时后再送过来吗 |
[30:10] | There’s 50 bucks in it for you. | 我会赏你们50美元 |
[30:12] | I’m fine, everyone. These are my parents. | 我没事 各位 他们是我的父母 |
[30:22] | Will you let me show you around at least, | 至少让我先带你们转转吧 |
[30:26] | before you start railing against something you don’t understand? | 然后你们再批判这种无法理解的事 |
[30:29] | I don’t know what happened between you and Brooks, | 我不知道你和布鲁克斯是怎么回事 |
[30:31] | but your son misses you. | 但你的儿子想你 |
[30:34] | Things have never been better between me and Brooks. Ever. | 我和布鲁克斯从没这样好过 |
[30:38] | And… I miss Ellery so much. | 而且 我很想念埃勒里 |
[30:44] | I think about him all the time, | 我总是会想到他 |
[30:45] | but he can’t be happy if I’m not happy. | 但如果我不快乐 他也不会快乐 |
[30:50] | I didn’t know how dire it was, but if you need money, | 我之前不知道有这么糟 但如果你想要钱 |
[30:53] | whatever you want, whatever you need. | 我可以满足你的一切需求 |
[30:54] | No, she doesn’t want money. | 她不想要钱 |
[30:56] | Margaret, listen. | 玛格丽特 听着 |
[30:58] | Sugarplum, these people are lost and on drugs, | 宝贝 这都是些迷失又有毒瘾的人 |
[31:03] | and they have venereal diseases. | 他们还有性病 |
[31:05] | That’s not for you. | 这不是你待的地方 |
[31:06] | You don’t know them. | 你不了解他们 |
[31:08] | And I’m tired of accepting society’s definition of me. | 我受够了接受社会对我的定义 |
[31:14] | I don’t pray to that anymore. | 我不再为那而魂祈梦请 |
[31:17] | Darling, I understand. | 宝贝 我能理解 |
[31:19] | Being a young mother can be overwhelming, | 做一个年轻母亲会令人难以应付 |
[31:22] | even with help. | 就算有他人的帮助 |
[31:23] | You sit with your child at the end of the day | 一天下来 你和你的孩子一起坐着 |
[31:25] | and you’re exhausted and you don’t even know what you did. | 你精疲力尽 甚至不知道自己做了什么 |
[31:30] | And everything you do seems wrong. | 你做任何事好像都不对 |
[31:33] | It’s hard to accept that those are the definitions, | 要接受这些作为对自己的定义很难 |
[31:35] | but they are. | 但事实如此 |
[31:36] | I’m sorry you had nothing to live for. | 我很遗憾你的人生没有意义 |
[31:39] | I did. | 我有 |
[31:40] | I had you, and I was grateful. | 我有你 为此我心存感激 |
[31:43] | I’m grateful I don’t have to lock myself | 我很感激我不需要每天把自己 |
[31:46] | in a bathroom with a pint of gin every day. | 锁在卫生间 靠一品脱的杜松子酒消愁 |
[31:49] | I ought to slap you. | 我要抽你了 |
[31:50] | Why are you talking to your mother like that? | 你怎么这样和你妈妈说话 |
[31:52] | Daddy, I’m, I’m sorry. | 爸爸 我 我很抱歉 |
[31:56] | I’m telling her the truth, and she doesn’t want to hear it. | 我在跟她说实话 但她不愿意听 |
[31:59] | Let’s go! | 我们走吧 |
[32:06] | You didn’t even let me talk to her. | 你都没让我跟她谈谈 |
[32:08] | There’s no more point in talking! | 跟她谈已经没有意义了 |
[32:09] | I’d think she was brainwashed, | 我倒宁愿相信她是被洗脑了 |
[32:11] | but there’s nothing to wash. | 但她根本没有脑子 |
[32:12] | You can’t make her turn on a dime. | 你不能指望她这么快就回心转意 |
[32:13] | You’ll embarrass her. | 你会让她难堪的 |
[32:15] | Fine. You want to wine and dine the account, Roger? | 行 你要耐心哄她 劝她回心吗 罗杰 |
[32:17] | Knock yourself out. | 随你便 |
[32:19] | There’s a four-year-old in Manhattan crying himself to sleep. | 曼哈顿有个4岁的男孩每晚哭着入睡 |
[32:24] | I’ll get “Cletus” to drive me to the train. | 我会让嬉皮士载我去火车站 |
[32:42] | Marigold! | 玛丽格德 |
[32:45] | Want to show me around? | 要带我参观一下这里吗 |
[33:21] | Hey, it’s Don. | 喂 我是唐 |
[33:23] | Look at that, I got you. | 瞧瞧 让我找到你了 |
[33:26] | I didn’t know where you’d be. | 我不知道你会在哪里 |
[33:26] | You’re here, there, everywhere. | 你神龙见首不见尾 |
[33:30] | No, I’m not in the bag. | 不 我没喝醉 |
[33:32] | I’m in the office. | 我在办公室 |
[33:35] | Listen, let’s go to Shea. | 我们去希叶体育馆吧 |
[33:38] | Let’s go see a game, I mean it. | 去看场比赛 我说真的 |
[33:41] | Is there a game today? | 今天有比赛吗 |
[33:44] | You shouldn’t have told me that, ’cause now we’re really going. | 你不该告诉我的 现在我们真的要去了 |
[33:48] | Okay. Your wish is my command. | 好 悉随尊便 |
[33:49] | I will not move. | 我不动 |
[33:52] | Can I hang up the phone? | 我可以挂掉电话吗 |
[34:11] | When you’re done with that, | 等你弄完了 |
[34:13] | one of us should find some firewood. | 我们应该派个人去找些柴火 |
[34:16] | When he’s done with that, | 等他抽完了 |
[34:16] | he’s not going to be able to find his ass with both hands. | 他肯定已经飘飘然找不着北了 |
[34:20] | I’ll tell you what, Clay. | 不如这样吧 克雷 |
[34:22] | Why don’t we switch jobs? | 我们换一下工作任务 |
[34:24] | You want to get firewood, help yourself. | 你想去捡柴火的话 就尽管去吧 |
[34:26] | There’s no hierarchy, man. | 这里不分等级 兄弟 |
[34:28] | Oh, believe me, there’s always a hierarchy. | 相信我 哪里都有等级 |
[34:30] | We do things by true consensus here. | 我们这里做任何事都要达成共识 |
[34:33] | If we can’t all agree on something, | 如果某件事不是所有人都同意 |
[34:35] | we think of something else. | 我们就想别的办法 |
[34:37] | Everyone does what they want. | 每个人都做自己想做的事 |
[34:40] | Good. | 很好 |
[34:42] | Because I haven’t felt this at one with nature | 因为我自从在海军服役后 |
[34:43] | since I was in the Navy. | 就没感觉过如此亲近自然了 |
[34:49] | Go ahead. | 抽吧 |
[34:51] | It’s dynamite grass. | 是大麻烟卷 |
[34:53] | Now I see why we’re eating so early. | 现在我知道为什么要这么早开饭了 |
[34:56] | No. It’s because we follow the cycles of the Earth. | 不 那是因为我们要遵循地球的周期 |
[35:01] | It’s gonna get dark. | 太晚的话天会变黑 |
[35:04] | Electricity and all that? | 电力什么的 |
[35:06] | It just brings problems. | 只会带来麻烦 |
[35:09] | But you’ve got a truck. | 但你们有辆卡车 |
[35:11] | Yeah. That’s been up for debate, man. | 是啊 这件事上大家意见不一 |
[35:17] | Doesn’t it get cold up here? | 你们不会觉得冷吗 |
[35:19] | We light a campfire. | 我们会生起篝火 |
[35:25] | And there’s other ways to keep warm. | 而且还有其他保暖的方式 |
[35:33] | It’s all right, sweetheart. He’s expecting me. | 没事 亲爱的 他在等我呢 |
[35:39] | Freddy, what a pleasant surprise. | 弗雷迪 真是个惊喜 |
[35:41] | You know you called me. | 你知道是你打给我的吧 |
[35:43] | I sure do. | 我当然知道 |
[35:45] | There’s someone I want you to meet. | 有个人我要介绍你认识一下 |
[35:47] | Who? | 谁 |
[35:48] | I want you to… Meet the Mets. | 我要向你介绍 大都会棒球队 |
[35:51] | Meet the Mets! | 来见见大都会队 |
[35:52] | Step right up and greet the Mets. | 快上前来迎接大都会队 |
[35:54] | Great idea. Can you walk? | 好主意 你能走吗 |
[36:05] | Hello again. | 你好啊 |
[36:07] | Meredith, uh, we’re off for the day. | 梅瑞迪斯 我们要走了 |
[36:09] | Way off. | 走很远 |
[36:10] | Okay. You two have fun. | 好吧 祝你们玩得开心 |
[36:19] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[36:26] | Don, I didn’t hear you. | 唐 我没听到你走进来 |
[36:29] | No, I didn’t hear you. | 不 我没听到你进来 |
[36:31] | Come on, Don. We’re gonna miss the game. | 快点 唐 我们要错过比赛了 |
[36:38] | You talk like a friend, but you’re not. | 你像个朋友一样跟我谈心 但其实你不是 |
[36:41] | I’m sorry, I don’t understand. | 抱歉 我不明白你的意思 |
[36:44] | I know your name. | 我知道你的名字 |
[36:46] | It’s Lloyd. I told you. | 我叫劳埃德 我告诉过你 |
[36:47] | No, you go by many names. | 不 你有很多名字 |
[36:50] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[36:53] | Don, let’s go. | 唐 我们走吧 |
[36:54] | Why don’t you listen to your friend? | 你何不听你朋友的话 |
[36:56] | You don’t need a campaign. | 你不需要广告宣传 |
[36:58] | You’ve had the best campaign since the dawn of time. | 你早就有了最好的广告创意 |
[37:03] | Pull yourself together. | 你振作点 |
[37:10] | Freddy? | 弗雷迪 |
[37:13] | We’re knocking off early. | 我们要提前下班了 |
[37:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:16] | Ball game. | 去看球赛 |
[37:21] | I just wanted to make sure | 我就是想确认你看到了 |
[37:22] | you saw the memo from the partners. | 合伙人们发出的备忘录 |
[37:24] | Your raise was approved. Congratulations. | 给你加薪的事通过了 恭喜你 |
[37:27] | What? | 什么 |
[37:29] | Oh, yes– thank you. | 噢 是啊 谢了 |
[37:31] | This office is so great. | 这间办公室太棒了 |
[37:32] | Everyone can just drop by on their way out. | 每个人出去时都可以顺道进来一下 |
[37:35] | Don’t worry, it won’t happen again. | 别担心 不会有下次了 |
[37:37] | Joan! | 琼 |
[37:41] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:43] | I’m just having a day. | 我只是今天过得很糟 |
[37:44] | I have exactly two minutes. | 我只有两分钟时间 |
[37:47] | It won’t take that long. | 不需要那么久 |
[37:49] | You already know the problem. | 你知道问题出在哪 |
[37:52] | Burger Chef’s a big account, | 汉堡大厨是个大客户 |
[37:53] | but they obviously thought you were ready for it. | 但很明显他们认为你能胜任 |
[37:55] | They didn’t want to give me Burger Chef. | 他们不是要给我汉堡大厨这个客户 |
[37:57] | They wanted to give me Don. | 他们是把唐丢给我来应付 |
[37:59] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[38:00] | You didn’t hear? | 你没听说吗 |
[38:02] | Lou put Don on my team. | 卢把唐放在我的团队里 |
[38:05] | To cowardice. | 敬懦弱 |
[38:07] | Mine or theirs? | 你是说我还是他们 |
[38:13] | He owes me work, and he’s going to the ball game? | 我布置的任务他还没做 却去看球赛了 |
[38:17] | And there’s nothing I can do, and he knows that. | 而我无能为力 他清楚知道 |
[38:20] | Have you told Lou? | 你告诉卢了吗 |
[38:22] | You don’t know this, but there were rules set for Don. | 你不知道这事 但他们给唐定了规矩 |
[38:27] | Is he breaking them? | 他现在违反规矩了吗 |
[38:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:33] | So, they just dropped it in my lap, | 所以他们就把问题丢给了我 |
[38:37] | hoping one of us would fail. | 指望我们当中某人会崩溃 |
[38:42] | Well, Peggy, I don’t know if this makes you feel better, | 佩奇 不知道我这么说你是否会好受些 |
[38:45] | but I don’t think they thought about it at all. | 但我觉得他们压根就没仔细想过 |
[38:52] | I can’t believe my little “princess and the pea” | 真不敢相信我家的”豌豆公主” |
[38:54] | is sleeping like this. | 竟然睡在这种地方 |
[38:56] | You never even wanted to go camping. | 你以前连野营都不愿意去 |
[39:02] | I used to think the country was lonely. | 我曾经觉得乡下生活太寂寞 |
[39:05] | Now I realize the city is. | 原来城里的生活才是 |
[39:08] | I mean, look at that. | 瞧瞧这夜空 |
[39:15] | It’s beautiful. | 真美 |
[39:18] | You think we’ll put a man up there? | 你觉得我们能把人送上月球吗 |
[39:20] | With all the brainpower around here? | 就凭我们现有的智囊团 |
[39:22] | I’m certain you’ll put a man on the roof. | 我确信可以送一个男人上屋顶 |
[39:28] | I’d like to go to the moon. | 我倒是想去月球 |
[39:31] | Well, I guess if you can make an allowance for a truck, | 既然你们连卡车的钱都能搞定 |
[39:34] | you can make an allowance for a rocket. | 弄艘火箭肯定不在话下 |
[39:37] | Don’t you want to go? | 你不想去吗 |
[39:38] | Of course. | 当然想 |
[39:40] | Every little boy wants to be an astronaut. | 每一个男孩都想成为宇航员 |
[39:43] | Astronauts didn’t exist when you were a little boy. | 你小的时候还没有宇航员呢 |
[39:46] | Jules Verne– | 儒勒·凡尔纳 |
[39:48] | “From the Earth to the Moon.” | 《从地球到月球》 |
[39:50] | You read that to me. | 你念过给我听的 |
[39:53] | They shot a cannon into space. | 他们往太空发射大炮 |
[39:56] | I don’t think so. | 我记得好像不是吧 |
[39:59] | Must’ve been your mother. | 应该是你母亲念给你听的 |
[40:12] | I’m really happy here, Daddy. | 我在这里很开心 爸爸 |
[40:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:41] | Get my binoculars. In the hallway closet. | 把我望远镜拿来 在走廊的衣柜里 |
[40:43] | Good idea. | “好”主意 |
[40:46] | We’re going to miss the national anthem. | 再不快点 就要错过奏国歌了 |
[41:03] | Stop it. Not here. | 住手 别在这 |
[41:28] | Come on. | 醒醒 |
[41:30] | It’s as black and strong as Jack Johnson. | 这杯和杰克·约翰逊一样又黑又冲 |
[41:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:41] | How’d you get in? | 你怎么进来的 |
[41:44] | I’m glad you passed out. | 幸亏你睡晕过去了 |
[41:45] | I got a lot less to explain. | 省得我一一解释了 |
[41:49] | Did the Mets win? | 大都会队赢了吗 |
[41:55] | What the hell are you doing? | 你这到底是在干什么 |
[41:56] | Aren’t they giving you a second chance? | 他们这不是重新给你机会了吗 |
[41:58] | They weren’t serious about it. | 他们根本就没诚意 |
[42:01] | They finally gave me something to do, | 好不容易给我派了个活 |
[42:02] | and it was write 25 tags for Peggy. | 结果是要给佩奇写25条广告语 |
[42:06] | What’s the account? | 替哪个客户 |
[42:07] | Burger Chef. | 汉堡大厨 |
[42:10] | Peggy. | 佩奇 |
[42:12] | Have you been to the restaurant yet? | 你去过这家餐厅没 |
[42:14] | What, and have some pimply kid | 让一群本该来写标语的 |
[42:17] | who should be writing taglines hand me a milk shake? | 粉刺愣头青给我来杯奶昔 |
[42:19] | How would you rather have it? | 那你想怎么样 |
[42:20] | Would you rather be in my situation, bouncing from office to office? | 像我这样 四处跳槽吗 |
[42:24] | “Ding-dong, Don Draper calling.” | “叮咚 唐·德雷柏来电” |
[42:26] | I want my job back. | 我想要回我的工作 |
[42:27] | How the hell do you think that’s going to happen | 你如果整天像这样喝得酩酊大醉 |
[42:29] | when you’re at the bottom of a bottle? | 那还可能找回过去的工作吗 |
[42:31] | You know, you never have to have another drink again. | 你不该这么贪杯的 |
[42:34] | I don’t want to hear that right now. | 现在别跟我说教 |
[42:35] | You’re hung over. It’s the best time to hear it. | 你正宿醉 现在说教刚好合适 |
[42:39] | I mean, are you just going to kill yourself? | 你这是自毁前程 |
[42:41] | Give them what they want? | 正中他们的下怀吗 |
[42:44] | Or go in your bedroom, get in uniform, | 或者回你的卧房 抖擞精神 |
[42:47] | fix your bayonet, and hit the parade? | 重整旗鼓 卷土再来 |
[42:51] | Do the work, Don. | 把活干好 唐 |
[43:11] | You’re up early. | 你起得真早 |
[43:13] | Where’s my daughter? | 我女儿呢 |
[43:15] | She’s probably at the creek getting water. | 她可能去小溪那取水了 |
[43:18] | I don’t think so. | 我看不是吧 |
[43:21] | It’s a beautiful night and a beautiful morning. | 昨晚真美 今早也不错 |
[43:25] | Did you see the sunrise? | 看到日出了吗 |
[43:31] | It’s a beautiful morning, isn’t it? | 早晨真美 不是吗 |
[43:33] | It’s time to leave Shangri-La, baby. | 和”世外桃源”道别吧 宝贝 |
[43:35] | Take a good look, say goodbye to your friends. | 四处看看留个念 跟朋友们告个别 |
[43:38] | You were doing so well, Daddy. | 你明明喜欢这里的 老爸 |
[43:40] | Fine, you don’t want to say goodbye? Let’s go. | 行 你不愿意说再见 那走吧 |
[43:41] | Hey, man! Leave her be! | 伙计 放开她 |
[43:44] | Come on, sprout, you feel like driving the truck today? | 来吧 年轻人 今天想不想开卡车兜兜风 |
[43:47] | No one’s going to help you take me away from here. | 没人会帮你带走我的 |
[43:50] | They know this is where I want to be. | 他们知道我属于这里 |
[43:51] | I don’t care what you want, and I don’t care what they want. | 我才不管你要什么 更不关心他们要什么 |
[43:53] | It’s over. Let’s go. | 结束了 赶紧走 |
[43:55] | I don’t know why I assumed you were more open-minded. | 我竟然还以为你思想更加开明一些 |
[43:58] | Well, I’m not! | 我没有 |
[43:59] | I understand the temptation, | 我理解这种诱惑 |
[44:01] | and I know everyone your age | 也知道你这年纪的人 |
[44:02] | is running away and screwing around, | 就爱逃避现实 四处鬼混 |
[44:04] | but you can’t. You’re a mother. | 但是你不能 你是一位母亲 |
[44:05] | Ellery has everything he needs. | 埃勒里拥有他所需的一切 |
[44:07] | He needs his mother! | 他需要他的母亲 |
[44:09] | I’m sorry, but you don’t get to do this! | 很抱歉 这次由不得你 |
[44:11] | Goodbye, Daddy. | 再见 爸爸 |
[44:15] | Let me go! Let me go right now! | 放开我 赶紧放开我 |
[44:31] | How could you just leave him? | 你怎么就能这么丢下他 |
[44:33] | He’s your baby. | 他是你的骨肉 |
[44:35] | How did you feel when you went away to work, Daddy? | 那你当年在外工作时是怎么想的 爸爸 |
[44:39] | Your conscience must have been eating you alive. | 想必肯定心怀愧疚 夜不能寐 |
[44:43] | Calling your secretary from a hotel | 在酒店里打电话给你秘书 |
[44:45] | to pick out a birthday present for me? | 帮你挑一份生日礼物给我 |
[44:48] | I’m sure you were sick. | 我敢说你当时一定很难受吧 |
[44:51] | It’s not that hard, Daddy. | 事情没那么糟 爸爸 |
[44:53] | He’ll be fine. | 他没事的 |
[45:39] | You sure you don’t want a Danish? | 你确定不来一个丹麦甜饼吗 |
[45:41] | Nope. | 不用 |
[45:48] | Coffee? | 咖啡 |
[45:49] | Yes, please. | 好的 谢谢 |
[46:05] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[46:08] | I’ll have your tags by lunch. | 我午饭前就把广告语交给你 |
[46:11] | Great. | 很好 |