时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:46] | I’m sorry to bother you, | 冒昧打扰您了 |
[00:47] | but we’re the people who paid for your meal, | 我们是为你们的食物买单的人 |
[00:49] | and as much as I am committed to you enjoying your food | 尽管我们非常希望让您能够 |
[00:52] | while it’s still piping hot, | 趁热享用晚餐 |
[00:54] | I do have a few more questions, if you don’t mind. | 如果您不介意 我还有几个问题想问 |
[00:56] | I’ll give you the $3.10 back. | 我宁愿把3.1美元退给你 |
[00:58] | I have to beat my husband home. | 我要赶在我丈夫之前到家 |
[01:00] | Would your husband be happy if you were late, | 如果您稍微晚一点回去 但可以多拿到10美元 |
[01:02] | but had another $10? | 您丈夫会开心吗 |
[01:04] | Well, I guess it would help. | 我觉得这个想法应该可行 |
[01:08] | Good evening, ma’am. | 晚上好 夫人 |
[01:09] | What’s your name, little girl? | 你叫什么名字呀 小姑娘 |
[01:11] | It’s Stacy. | 她叫斯黛西 |
[01:12] | Is that your question? | 这就是你们的问题吗 |
[01:14] | Would you say that you eat here weekly, monthly? | 您多久来吃一次 每周一次还是每月一次 |
[01:17] | Too much. | 频繁得很 |
[01:19] | What’s your favorite thing about Burger Chef? | 汉堡大厨哪一点最吸引您 |
[01:21] | The taste or the price? | 口味还是价格 |
[01:23] | It’s near my house. | 这儿离我家最近 |
[01:24] | Convenience. | 便利 |
[01:26] | Usually. | 基本是 |
[01:29] | Does your husband ever pick it up? | 您丈夫来买过外卖吗 |
[01:30] | Oh, he wouldn’t do that. | 他可不愿意 |
[01:32] | It’s bad enough that I’m not making dinner. | 我不做晚饭已经够糟糕了 |
[01:34] | Is that all? | 还有问题吗 |
[01:41] | Come back soon. | 欢迎再来 |
[01:46] | How much money do you have? | 你还有多少钱 |
[01:49] | Two more families and Chinese for us. | 再给两家人 就只剩我们的中餐钱了 |
[02:00] | It’s not a listing. | 那不是待售房屋 |
[02:02] | It’s Sybil’s apartment. | 是希波的公寓 |
[02:04] | I’m not squatting. | 我才不要霸占别人的房子 |
[02:06] | I can afford a hotel. | 我住得起酒店 |
[02:07] | It’s seven nights. | 我们要住7晚呢 |
[02:12] | I’m not paying for it, bonita | 又不需要我自己花钱 宝贝 |
[02:14] | Let me at least pay for the theater tickets. | 至少让我付剧院的票钱吧 |
[02:17] | I get them for free. | 我能拿到免费票 |
[02:18] | Well, I’m going to buy you a pair of loafers on Fifth Avenue. | 那我就去第五大道给你买一双休闲鞋 |
[02:22] | I want you shopping all day… | 我只希望你白天尽情购物 |
[02:25] | and screwing all night. | 晚上激情一夜 |
[02:28] | You’ll spend the weekend with me, won’t you? | 你周末会陪着我的 是吗 |
[02:30] | I will need to spend some of Saturday afternoon in Cos Cob. | 我周六下午要去科斯柯布一下 |
[02:35] | Well, I’ll come. | 那我跟你一起去 |
[02:37] | Why would you want to do that? | 你为什么会想跟我一起 |
[02:39] | I sure would like to meet Tammy. | 我很想见见塔米 |
[02:41] | I picked out her Barbie. | 她的芭比娃娃可是我选的 |
[02:43] | I don’t want to confuse her, baby. | 我不想让她感到困惑 宝贝 |
[02:45] | She’s probably more confused | 她如果发现自己的父母 |
[02:46] | that her parents aren’t actually divorced. | 尚未真正离婚 恐怕只会更困惑吧 |
[02:50] | So that’s something that bothers you. | 如此说来这件事让你很烦心 |
[02:53] | Of course it bothers me. | 当然让我烦心了 |
[02:56] | I don’t know where this is going, | 我不知道我们继续下去有没有结果 |
[02:59] | but I don’t want it to fail on account of delay. | 但我不想迟迟拖着 最后无疾而终 |
[03:03] | I haven’t seen her in a while. | 我已经很久没见到她了 |
[03:05] | Next time… | 下次再说 |
[03:07] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[03:11] | I thought you were never going to get married again. | 我还以为你对婚姻彻底绝望了 |
[03:23] | Meet me in the restroom in 60 seconds. | 一分钟后洗手间见 |
[03:26] | I’ve always wanted to do that. | 我一直都想来一场空中性爱 |
[03:58] | Aren’t you going to eat? | 你不吃饭吗 |
[03:59] | I’ll have a roll at the office. | 我去公司吃一个奶油卷就行了 |
[04:01] | Well, you’re disappearing. | 你越来越瘦了 |
[04:04] | Every time you say something like that, I go off my diet. | 每次你说这种话 我都不得不停止节食 |
[04:10] | Go outdoors today, please. | 麻烦你今天带孩子出出门 |
[04:18] | I hope I’m not interrupting? | 但愿没打搅到你 |
[04:20] | It’s Bonnie. | 我是邦妮 |
[04:22] | I remember you. | 我记得你 |
[04:24] | You can’t just walk in here. | 你不可以这么直接闯进来 |
[04:26] | Bonnie, this is Meredith. | 邦妮 这位是梅瑞迪斯 |
[04:28] | Do you want me to come and get you in five minutes? | 需要我5分钟后再来叫您吗 |
[04:31] | Meredith, that’ll be all. | 没别的事了 梅瑞迪斯 |
[04:36] | Pete’s having quite a homecoming, | 皮特正忙着四处跟人寒暄 |
[04:37] | so I thought I’d duck in. | 所以我觉得该来拜访一下 |
[04:39] | You’re the only one I know here. | 整个公司我也就只认识你了 |
[04:41] | How long are you in town? | 什么时候到的 |
[04:42] | I hate to say it, | 虽然我不想这么说 |
[04:43] | but I knew where to find you. | 但我终于知道你搬到哪间办公室了 |
[04:44] | Don, how are you? | 唐 你好吗 |
[04:46] | Good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[04:47] | I like what you’ve done with the place. | 你把办公室装点的很不错 |
[04:49] | I heard you have quite the home. | 我听说你家也很奢华 |
[04:51] | Pete says it’s 2,000 square feet. | 皮特说你家有2000平方英尺 |
[04:53] | Not quite. | 没那么大 |
[04:55] | Peggy’s going to be leading us through the work, as it were. | 待会儿似乎是由佩奇来给我们做创意展示 |
[04:58] | I assume you’re attending? | 我猜你肯定要参加的吧 |
[05:00] | Burger Chef? | 汉堡大厨吗 |
[05:01] | You’re on the team. | 你是相关团队的一员 |
[05:02] | I’d like you to be there. | 我很希望你能参加 |
[05:06] | I guess this is my cue. | 看来我该走了 |
[05:08] | Baloney. Walk me to the conference room. | 胡说 跟我一起去会议室看看 |
[05:10] | He wants to make sure everyone’s seen you. | 他想让每个人都见到你 |
[05:15] | Ta-ta. | 拜拜 |
[05:16] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[05:21] | Is this the billboard? | 这是广告牌吗 |
[05:23] | It’s kind of lackluster. | 有点黯淡没有生气 |
[05:25] | That’s the tray liner. | 那是餐盘垫纸 |
[05:28] | That’s everything, chief. | 就这些了 老大 |
[05:29] | Thank you, Stan. | 谢谢你 斯坦 |
[05:34] | Hello, Stan. | 你好 斯坦 |
[05:35] | Good to see you, Pete. | 见到你很高兴 皮特 |
[05:36] | How’s life treating you? | 你过得怎么样 |
[05:38] | I’m in New York and I’m in love. | 人在纽约 心陷爱河 |
[05:40] | Me as well. | 我也是 |
[05:42] | Hello, Pete. | 你好 皮特 |
[05:44] | Well, I think we should get this started. | 我觉得我们可以开始了 |
[05:48] | Did you need something, Don? | 你有什么事吗 唐 |
[05:49] | I’ve asked Don to join us. | 是我让唐参会的 |
[05:53] | I didn’t know you wanted the team. | 我不知道你想把整个团队都叫来 |
[05:54] | Should we get Mathis as well? | 要把马西斯也叫来吗 |
[05:56] | No, Don’s plenty. | 不用 唐就够了 |
[05:58] | Well, he has been instrumental. | 他确实出了不少力 |
[06:05] | I think we’re circling a strategy– | 我觉得我们需要围绕的广告策略就是 |
[06:08] | all the research points to the fact that mothers feel guilty. | 调研结果显示 做母亲的心里很愧疚 |
[06:13] | They don’t eat at the restaurant | 他们去餐厅吃饭不是因为 |
[06:14] | because of what Mathis calls a “cleanliness fetish.” | 马西斯所谓的”洁癖” |
[06:18] | And even when they get home, they’re embarrassed. | 就算回到家之后 她们依然觉得难堪 |
[06:20] | Our job is to turn Burger Chef | 我们的任务就是把汉堡大厨 |
[06:21] | into a special treat served with love. | 塑造成充满爱意的大餐 |
[06:24] | So the more these women go to Burger Chef, | 所以这些主妇去汉堡大厨次数越多 |
[06:26] | the worse they feel. | 心里就越难受 |
[06:27] | Yes. We need to address | 是的 我们需要做到的就是 |
[06:29] | how to give homemakers permission. | 给主妇们出去就餐的许可 |
[06:31] | Well, who gives moms permission? Dads. | 谁能给母亲们许可呢 当然是父亲了 |
[06:35] | It’s a dark night. | 背景设定在黑夜 |
[06:36] | Reveal our mom, driving, | 画面是一个开车的母亲 |
[06:38] | girl in a tutu next to her, | 旁边坐着她穿芭蕾裙的女儿 |
[06:40] | boy wearing a football helmet in the back. | 儿子则坐在后座 带着橄榄球头盔 |
[06:43] | Push into a close-up as we hear Mom’s voice– | 随后镜头向母亲推进 给出特写 |
[06:45] | the things on her mind. | 画外音说出母亲的内心独白 |
[06:48] | “Let’s see, check that list for the marching band fundraiser. | “我想想 要核对军乐队筹款会的参与者名单 |
[06:51] | Get the sink trap checked. | 找人检修一下下水管道 |
[06:53] | Get Jim to take down the storm windows. | 还要让吉姆把防风窗拉下来 |
[06:55] | Jim! | 吉姆 |
[06:56] | Jim will be home in a half an hour.” | 吉姆再过半小时就该到家了” |
[06:58] | Just then the little girl says, “I’m hungry.” | 就在这时 小女孩说 我饿了 |
[07:02] | The boy says, “I’m starving.” | 小男孩儿说 我快饿死了 |
[07:04] | Mom says, “One more stop.” | 那位母亲说道 再去最后一个地方 |
[07:08] | We see the reflection of the Burger Chef sign | 随着旅行车慢慢靠边停下 |
[07:10] | on the station wagon windshield as she pulls in. | 挡风玻璃上浮现出了汉堡大厨招牌的倒影 |
[07:13] | Mom gets out of the car. | 母亲走下车 |
[07:15] | A handsome man comes out holding a bag. | 一名英俊的男子拿着外卖纸包出来了 |
[07:18] | Mom walks up to him and gives him a deep kiss. | 妈妈走向他 深情地吻了他 |
[07:22] | The kids in the car looking surprised. | 孩子们在车里都惊呆了 |
[07:25] | He laughs and says, “Can I take you to dinner?” | 他笑着说 能与我共进晚餐吗 |
[07:28] | She says, “Next time, let me get dinner. | 她说 下次让我来买晚餐 |
[07:31] | You take down the storm windows.” | 你关防风窗 |
[07:35] | Cut to them at the kitchen table, | 画面切换到他们坐在餐桌边 |
[07:37] | camera moving from face to smiling face. | 镜头切换到笑脸 |
[07:40] | They’re laughing, Mom looks around, smiling. | 他们笑着 妈妈环顾一圈 微笑着 |
[07:43] | Vo: | 画外音 |
[07:45] | “Aren’t you glad everybody loves Burger Chef as much as you do?” | 大家都跟你一样喜欢汉堡大厨 你是不是很开心 |
[07:50] | Very nice. I think it’s coming along. | 很好 我觉得很出色 |
[07:52] | It’s nice to see family happiness again. | 再次看到家庭幸福的故事感觉不错 |
[07:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:59] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[08:06] | Dad surprising the family absolves the mom. | 父亲想给一家人惊喜 也让母亲免受罪责 |
[08:09] | It’s right on strategy. It’s exactly what they wanted. | 符合广告策略 客户就想要这样的 |
[08:14] | Don worked the tag over by the syllable. | 唐对广告语的每个音节都做了细细推敲 |
[08:16] | It’s deceptively simple. | 看似简单 实则不然 |
[08:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:19] | Why don’t you take us through the legs? | 何不向我们介绍一下媒体途径 |
[08:21] | Let’s start with radio. | 先从广播开始吧 |
[08:25] | Looky here. A sight for sore eyes. | 瞧瞧你 真是让人眼前一亮 |
[08:32] | Hello, Jim. | 你好 吉姆 |
[08:35] | How’s your Burger Chef work going? | 你的汉堡大厨项目进展如何了 |
[08:36] | Better than yours, I guess. | 我觉得比你们好吧 |
[08:38] | Thank you, by the way, for failing and giving us a shot at it. | 顺便感谢你的失败 给了我们机会 |
[08:41] | It’s not McDonald’s. | 那又不是麦当劳 |
[08:42] | It’s run by Morons. | 只是一群傻子运营的公司罢了 |
[08:43] | A lot of companies succeed that way. | 很多公司都是那样成功的 |
[08:45] | But look who I’m talking to. | 你一定最有感触了 |
[08:48] | You don’t mean that. | 你不要信口胡说 |
[08:50] | You’re going after fast food, | 你们在争取快餐业 |
[08:52] | you’ve got your little car– | 你们已经有了汽车行业的客户 |
[08:54] | it’s not Buick, but it’s cute. | 虽不是别克 但也非常不错 |
[08:55] | I know you folks want to be just like McCann when you grow up. | 我知道你们希望发展壮大得像麦肯公司一样 |
[08:59] | When we grow up, we’re going to kill you and marry your wife. | 等我们壮大后 我们会杀了你 然后娶你老婆 |
[09:02] | Listen, I hear you’re talking to Philip Morris. | 听着 我听说你们正在跟菲利普·莫里斯烟草接触 |
[09:05] | Is Leo Burnett in here, too? | 李奥·贝纳也在这里吗 |
[09:07] | Well, I’m just curious how you think you’re going to pull that off | 我就是很好奇唐·德雷柏还在你们公司 |
[09:09] | with Don Draper haunting your halls. | 你们怎么可能拿下 |
[09:13] | You’re so lucky my problems aren’t your problems. | 你没碰上我的麻烦 真是太幸运了 |
[09:16] | What if I wanted them to be? | 如果我希望碰到呢 |
[09:19] | Are you looking for a job? | 你是想找工作吗 |
[09:20] | No. No. | 不 不是 |
[09:22] | I’m just looking to enrich the lives of people I respect. | 我只是想让我敬重的人生活得更丰富多彩一些 |
[09:28] | The New York Athletic Club frowns | 纽约运动俱乐部不喜欢会员们 |
[09:29] | on people making advances in their steam room. | 在他们的蒸汽房里勾搭调情 |
[09:34] | I was kidding around, | 我刚刚是开玩笑的 |
[09:35] | but I think you’re making eyes at me. | 但我觉得你好像在对我抛媚眼啊 |
[09:40] | I’m gonna go get a massage, relieve some of this tension. | 我要去让人按摩一下 缓解一下紧张 |
[09:43] | Fellas, we got a live one here. | 各位 这儿就有个”那种人”呢 |
[09:50] | Come in, join us. | 进来 跟我们聊聊 |
[09:51] | I’m drinking rum. | 我在喝朗姆酒 |
[09:54] | Do you want some? | 你要来点吗 |
[09:55] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[09:56] | That bar, it’s hysterical. | 那个酒柜 太滑稽了 |
[09:59] | My wife’s a card. | 我太太就是个怪人 |
[10:01] | I’m very pleased with the direction I saw this morning. | 我对于今早看到的创意方向十分满意 |
[10:04] | We all are. | 我们都很满意 |
[10:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:06] | And– not but– I think with my understanding of George Payton, | 而且 不是但是 根据我对乔治·佩顿的了解 |
[10:12] | that our success would be further assured | 如果由唐来做创意展示 |
[10:15] | if Don delivered the presentation. | 我们成功的几率会更大 |
[10:19] | Here’s the but. It is completely your decision. | 但是 这完全取决于你 |
[10:23] | Why are you doing this now? | 你为什么现在才决定这样 |
[10:26] | That’s what I said. | 我也是这么说的 |
[10:27] | She’s doing fine. | 她表现得不错啊 |
[10:28] | Lou, first of all, you’ve never seen Don at his best. | 卢 首先 你没看过唐的最佳状态 |
[10:32] | It’ll be a tearjerker. | 绝对催人泪下 |
[10:34] | Number two is Peggy, in my mind, will still speak, but as the mother. | 其次是佩奇 依然要发言 但是是表演母亲 |
[10:39] | A change of tone. | 改变一下音调 |
[10:40] | You were wonderful in there. | 那一段你表演得非常妙啊 |
[10:43] | I don’t like being in this position. | 我不太喜欢陷入这样的处境 |
[10:46] | I know I can bring this home. | 我知道我可以成功搞定的 |
[10:48] | Peggy, you didn’t walk into this office and see Don here. | 佩奇 你并非走进这间办公室看到唐已经接管了 |
[10:51] | This is your client, | 这是你的客户 |
[10:52] | and you’re going to write as much of it as you want to. | 你想写多少都可以 |
[10:55] | Don will give authority, you will give emotion. | 唐负责展现权威性 你则负责展现感情 |
[10:58] | I have authority. And Don has emotion. | 我能展现权威性 唐也有感情 |
[11:00] | I prefer you as an expert witness. | 我更倾向你当专家证人 |
[11:03] | You will introduce him. | 你来介绍他 |
[11:04] | But it’s your decision. | 不管怎样都取决于你 |
[11:06] | What? | 什么 |
[11:07] | It’s Ted. | 我是泰德 |
[11:08] | Ted’s on the phone. | 泰德也在电话上 |
[11:10] | Oh. Hello. | 你好啊 |
[11:13] | I’ve seen the work so far. | 我已经看过目前的作品了 |
[11:15] | I’m impressed. | 我觉得很了不起 |
[11:16] | And what would you do? | 换做你会怎么做 |
[11:17] | I would use everything at my disposal to win it. | 我会利用手头的一切资源拿下客户 |
[11:26] | If you think George Payton will prefer it, | 如果你认为乔治·佩顿更倾向于这样 |
[11:29] | I’m not going to ignore that. | 那我会考虑一下的 |
[11:30] | You know that she’s every bit as good as any woman in this business! | 你知道她堪称这行最能干的女人 |
[11:35] | I do. | 我知道 |
[11:40] | He’ll be great. | 他一定会表现得很棒 |
[11:45] | Keep up the good work. | 继续好好表现哦 |
[11:54] | It’s big and powerful and costs a fortune, | 体积大 功率大 花了好大一笔钱买的 |
[11:56] | but it can’t make coffee. | 但做不了咖啡 |
[11:57] | They’ve got a computer twice that size | 他们买了一台比这大一倍的电脑 |
[11:59] | working on the engine for the XP. | 帮助开发XP车的发动机 |
[12:02] | Clara? | 克莱拉 |
[12:03] | Nice to see you, Mr. Benson. | 很高兴见到你 本森先生 |
[12:04] | Gentlemen, there’s coffee and cake in Mr. Crane’s office. | 先生们 克雷恩先生的办公室里有咖啡和蛋糕 |
[12:07] | May I take your hats? | 需要我帮你们拿帽子吗 |
[12:09] | Hey, fellas. | 你们好啊 |
[12:11] | Jack, Bill, nice to see you. | 杰克 比尔 很高兴见到你们 |
[12:13] | Hello, Kenny. | 你好啊 肯尼 |
[12:14] | How’s the kid? Is he flying yet? | 孩子怎么样了 会走路了吗 |
[12:15] | Are you kidding? He’s crawling all over the place. | 你开玩笑吗 他现在会到处爬了 |
[12:18] | You’ve really got to keep an eye on him. | 时时刻刻都得小心看护着 |
[12:21] | Joan! Come say hello. | 琼 过来打个招呼 |
[12:24] | Welcome back, Bob. | 欢迎回来 鲍勃 |
[12:26] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[12:27] | How the hell did we end up with him instead of you? | 怎么是他负责我们的业务 而不是你呢 |
[12:29] | No one asked. | 没人点名要我啊 |
[12:31] | This is Bill Hartley. | 这位是比尔·哈特利 |
[12:32] | Bill’s been bumped to vice president of brand. | 比尔已经成为了品牌副总裁 |
[12:34] | Congratulations. | 恭喜啊 |
[12:35] | You certainly picked the right place to celebrate. | 你们可算是找对了庆祝的地方 |
[12:37] | You mean New York City or this very spot? | 你是指纽约还是这个地方 |
[12:42] | So far all we have lined up is six hours of network pilots. | 我们目前已经观看了6小时的电视试播集 |
[12:44] | Clara, could you take them to Harry’s office? | 克莱拉 你能带他们去哈里的办公室吗 |
[12:47] | Enjoy. | 请自便 |
[12:48] | Very funny. | 真有意思 |
[12:50] | Pleasure, ma’am. | 见到你很高兴 女士 |
[12:52] | I’d love to see you Sunday. | 我希望周日能见你一面 |
[12:54] | Unless you’ve made plans with some married guy. | 除非你已经跟某个已婚男人约好了 |
[12:57] | I am all yours. | 我任你安排 |
[13:00] | But if you want to see Kevin, you’re going to have to see my mother. | 但如果你想见凯文 就免不了要见我母亲 |
[13:03] | I want to see everyone. | 我想见所有人 |
[13:12] | You need something? | 你有什么事吗 |
[13:13] | Yes, actually, I do. | 是的 确实有事 |
[13:16] | I’ve given it careful thought, | 我仔细地考虑了一下 |
[13:18] | and I think you should give the presentation to Burger Chef. | 我认为应该由你为汉堡大厨做创意展示 |
[13:21] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[13:23] | You did a great job this morning. | 你今早表现得很棒 |
[13:25] | That’s good to hear, | 很高兴听你这么说 |
[13:26] | but I want to have the best chance of winning this, | 但我希望将成功的可能性提升到最大 |
[13:30] | and I’m not going to pretend you’re not it. | 我不会无视你的巨大作用的 |
[13:32] | Whose idea was this? | 这是谁的主意 |
[13:33] | Mine. | 我的 |
[13:35] | I’ll introduce you, and when you’re rounding third, | 我会介绍一下你 当你讲到第三幅时 |
[13:37] | you hand it off to “the voice of moms.” | 就交给妈妈这一角色来说话 |
[13:40] | And then you turn | 然后你转身 |
[13:41] | and hit the tag like you just thought of it. | 说出广告语 就像灵光一闪想起来的一样 |
[13:43] | Do I do that? | 我有那样吗 |
[13:45] | Yes, you do. | 是的 你经常那样 |
[13:48] | Whatever you want. | 都听你的安排 |
[13:49] | That’s what I want. | 我的安排就是这样 |
[13:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:54] | You know, I was just noodling around with the idea | 其实 我刚刚想着 |
[13:57] | of seeing the whole thing from the kids’ perspective. | 或许可以从孩子的视角来叙述整个故事 |
[14:00] | “Mom, can we go to Burger Chef?” | “妈 我们能去汉堡大厨吃吗” |
[14:02] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[14:03] | I don’t know. Just a thought. | 没什么 我就提一下 |
[14:06] | I appreciate it, but we already have a strategy. | 谢谢你的建议 但我们已经定好策略了 |
[14:17] | Megan? | 梅根 |
[14:19] | Hello! | 你好啊 |
[14:23] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:25] | Why didn’t you say something? | 你怎么不吱个声呢 |
[14:27] | No, Marsha, this is Megan, Don’s wife. | 不 玛莎 这是梅根 唐的妻子 |
[14:30] | I didn’t know he was married. | 我都不知道他已经结婚了呢 |
[14:32] | So nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[14:35] | Marsha, can you get Megan some coffee? | 玛莎 你能去给梅根拿些咖啡吗 |
[14:38] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[14:39] | This is very impressive, but where do you work now? | 真令人惊叹 你现在在哪儿工作 |
[14:42] | My office is right here. | 我的办公室就在这里 |
[14:46] | Are you a surprise? | 你是想来给他个惊喜吗 |
[14:47] | No, he’s expecting me. | 不 他知道我要来 |
[14:49] | Well, you’re a surprise for me. | 对我来说 你倒是个惊喜 |
[14:52] | How is everything in LA? | 洛杉矶那边怎么样 |
[14:54] | It’s exciting and new and different. | 一切都很刺激 全新 不同 |
[14:57] | And a lot quieter. | 也要安静得多 |
[15:00] | What a great office. | 你的办公室可真漂亮 |
[15:03] | Sooner or later you’re going to get Don’s, aren’t you? | 你迟早都会得到唐的办公室的 对吧 |
[15:06] | I don’t know how much better it is. | 他现在的办公室也不比我这好多少 |
[15:08] | He’s right next door. | 他的办公室就在我隔壁 |
[15:14] | I didn’t expect to see you. | 我可没想到会见到你呢 |
[15:16] | Megan’s in for a visit. | 梅根是来探访一下的 |
[15:17] | Thanks for the subtitles. | 谢谢你的解释 |
[15:19] | Did you hear about Ginsberg? | 你听说金斯伯格的事了吗 |
[15:20] | Yes. Have you seen him? | 是的 你去看他了吗 |
[15:22] | I did. She won’t go. | 去了 她不肯去 |
[15:24] | All right, Meredith, I’m gonna go. | 梅瑞迪斯 我要走了 |
[15:26] | Don? | 唐 |
[15:29] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么会在这儿 |
[15:30] | I couldn’t wait to see you. | 我迫不及待想见到你 |
[15:32] | I thought we could eat downtown. | 我觉得我们可以在市中心吃饭 |
[15:33] | That’s a great idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[15:38] | Well, it was so great to see you both. | 很高兴见到你们两个 |
[15:41] | Is it okay? I have a visitor. | 没事吧 我这儿来了位客人 |
[15:43] | Enjoy yourself. | 祝你们玩得开心 |
[15:44] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[15:53] | I miss her. | 我想她了 |
[15:54] | You didn’t even ask me how the dry run went. | 你都没问我模拟创意展示进行得怎么样 |
[15:57] | Was there a problem? | 出问题了吗 |
[15:59] | No, they loved it. | 没有 他们很喜欢 |
[16:02] | Are you mad at me? | 你是生我气了吗 |
[16:04] | No. Good night, Stan. | 没有 晚安 斯坦 |
[16:07] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[16:17] | Ah, good, you’re still here. | 太好了 你还在 |
[16:19] | That’s your opinion. | 是你这么认为罢了 |
[16:21] | I played a round this morning with Les Clark– | 我今早跟莱斯·克拉克打了一轮高尔夫 |
[16:23] | my friend from Philip Morris? | 也就是我在菲利普·莫里斯公司的朋友 |
[16:25] | The brand commander of Commander brand. | 也就是司令牌香烟的品牌总监 |
[16:27] | Your name came up | 我们想到了你 |
[16:28] | and I sure would appreciate you helping us pave that road. | 我将很感激你帮我们铺平道路 |
[16:32] | Your secret plan to win the war? | 这是你拿下这个客户的秘密武器吗 |
[16:34] | Stop thinking about Don and start thinking about the company. | 别再为唐着想了 而是为公司着想 |
[16:58] | Who’s here for William Hartley? | 谁是来保释威廉·哈特利的 |
[17:01] | Bill? | 比尔 |
[17:02] | Don’t say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[17:04] | But you should say thank you to your boyfriend for posting bail. | 但你该感谢你男朋友把你保释出来 |
[17:06] | Has he seen a doctor? | 他看过医生了吗 |
[17:07] | What did I just say? | 我刚说的话你没听到吗 |
[17:09] | Take him to a headshrinker. | 带他去看心理医生吧 |
[17:10] | He tried to fellate an undercover officer. | 他试图给一个卧底警官口交 |
[17:15] | May I go? | 我可以走了吗 |
[17:21] | Good night, “ladies.” | 晚安 娘们儿们 |
[17:31] | I called you because I knew you could keep this to yourself. | 我打给你是因为我知道你会替我保守秘密的 |
[17:35] | You should go to the hospital. | 你得去一下医院 |
[17:37] | You know they’re just going to call the cops. | 你知道他们肯定会报警的 |
[17:42] | I wish I was back in Detroit. | 真希望我是在底特律 |
[17:45] | I’ve got that place wired. | 那地方到处都有我的关系网 |
[17:49] | Have you ever been arrested? | 你被逮捕过吗 |
[17:50] | No. Never. | 没 从来没有 |
[17:54] | I guess you’ve been lucky. | 看来你很走运 |
[17:58] | Well, I appreciate this. | 我很感激你的帮助 |
[18:01] | I’m going to miss having you around. | 我会怀念有你在我身边的日子 |
[18:04] | I am not of your stripe. | 我跟你并不是一类人 |
[18:07] | And you should think twice before you threaten me like that. | 你在威胁我之前该好好想想清楚才是 |
[18:12] | Please. | 别这样 |
[18:13] | I’m not threatening you. | 我不是在威胁你 |
[18:16] | We’re moving the XP over to Campbell-Ewald, | 我们打算把XP车的广告交给坎贝尔-伊瓦德公司去做 |
[18:18] | and you’re moving on. | 你该去做新的工作了 |
[18:23] | We’re losing Chevy? | 我们要丢掉雪佛兰了吗 |
[18:24] | Don’t worry. GM loves the work, | 别担心 通用公司喜欢你们的作品 |
[18:26] | and they really love you. | 而且他们很喜欢你 |
[18:27] | Obviously not. | 显然不是 |
[18:29] | Your agency had a successful tryout, | 你们公司的尝试很成功 |
[18:31] | but the plan was always to take the XP in-house. | 但我们原本就计划把XP车交给内部公司去做 |
[18:31] | 雪佛兰在上世纪20年代就已成为 坎贝尔-伊瓦德公司的首个大客户 之后持续了90多年的合作关系 | |
[18:36] | But Buick is going to come to you with a great job offer. | 但是别克会有一个极好的工作机会给你的 |
[18:42] | What? | 什么 |
[18:46] | Well, that’s very good news. | 那可真是个好消息 |
[18:51] | When does all this happen? | 这些什么时候会成真 |
[18:54] | Imminently. | 很快 |
[18:57] | What about you? | 你打算怎么办 |
[18:59] | I’m gonna call in sick. | 我打算请病假 |
[19:01] | My wife understands, thank God. | 我妻子会理解的 谢天谢地 |
[19:06] | That’s a good idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[19:12] | How did you live in this city? | 你是怎么在这种城市生活下来的 |
[19:16] | There’s so much temptation. | 太多的诱惑 |
[19:20] | It was hard. | 的确很难 |
[20:09] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[20:12] | Trudy? | 特鲁迪 |
[20:13] | Come along, let’s go say hi. | 出来吧 我们来打个招呼 |
[20:17] | Hello, sweetie. | 你好啊 小宝贝 |
[20:21] | It’s Daddy, sweetheart. | 我是爸爸 小宝贝 |
[20:25] | I got you a Barbie all the way from California. | 我从加州给你带了个芭比娃娃 |
[20:29] | Go ahead. | 去拿吧 |
[20:35] | I don’t believe we’ve met. | 我们应该没见过吧 |
[20:37] | Where’s Trudy? | 特鲁迪去哪儿了 |
[20:38] | She’s at the hairdresser. I’m Verna. | 她去弄头发了 我是维娜 |
[20:41] | Well, Verna’s going to come with us to the car. | 维娜会送我们一起上车的 |
[21:26] | Tell me it was all a dream. | 告诉我这一切都是个梦 |
[21:29] | You’re in a good mood. | 你心情不错嘛 |
[21:31] | Tell me you didn’t miss this. | 别说你不怀念这里的风景 |
[21:35] | I missed you. | 我想你了 |
[21:42] | Well, we’re going to eat this delicious breakfast, | 我们先享用可口的早餐 |
[21:45] | and I’m going to take you shopping. | 然后我带你去购物 |
[21:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:19] | Hey, baby, I’m almost ready. | 你好 宝贝 我马上好 |
[22:21] | “Hi, baby” yourself. | 你也好 “宝贝” |
[22:22] | I’ve been here since 10:00. | 我十点就来公司了 |
[22:24] | Oh, it’s you. | 是你啊 |
[22:25] | Are you coming in? | 你来吗 |
[22:26] | Find something else to do today. That’s an order. | 你今天做点别的事吧 这是命令 |
[22:30] | I don’t like the idea. | 我不喜欢那个点子 |
[22:31] | Of doing something else? | 你不喜欢做别的事吗 |
[22:33] | No, the idea for Burger Chef. | 不 我说的是汉堡大厨的创意 |
[22:35] | You haven’t been “noodling” with anything else, have you? | 你没有酝酿别的创意吧 |
[22:39] | It came easy. You don’t trust it. | 那创意来得太容易 你不放心 |
[22:41] | It didn’t come easy at all. | 来得一点都不容易 |
[22:43] | So find a new one. | 那就想一个新的 |
[22:46] | So you don’t like it either. | 这么说你也不喜欢 |
[22:47] | The work is great! I’m positive, exclamation point! | 方案很棒 我很确定 感叹号 |
[22:52] | How do I know you’re not just saying this | 我怎么知道你不是故意这样说 |
[22:53] | so you don’t have to come in? | 以逃避加班 |
[22:57] | Do you need me to come in? | 你需要我过来吗 |
[23:00] | No. Your “baby’s” calling. | 不了 你的”宝贝”在等你 |
[23:05] | But we both know there’s a better idea. | 但我们都知道还有更好的创意 |
[23:08] | There’s always a better idea. | 永远都有更好的创意 |
[23:10] | Bye. | 再见 |
[23:21] | Look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[23:23] | You say goodbye to your daddy, | 向你爸爸道别 |
[23:24] | and then you’re going to take a bath. | 然后去洗澡 |
[23:26] | Where’s Trudy? | 特鲁迪人呢 |
[23:27] | She’s out, Mr. Campbell. | 她出门了 坎贝尔先生 |
[23:28] | Her car’s in the drive. | 她的车停在车道上 |
[23:30] | Well, she came back, but then she went out. | 她回来过 然后又走了 |
[23:36] | Why don’t you give Tammy a bath and let me tuck her in? | 你去给塔米洗澡 然后我哄她睡觉 |
[23:39] | Of course, Mr. Campbell. | 好的 坎贝尔先生 |
[23:49] | Hello? | 喂 |
[23:49] | Hello, dear. | 喂 亲爱的 |
[23:50] | I’m afraid I’ve been waylaid in Cos Cob. | 恐怕我得在科斯柯布耽搁一下 |
[23:53] | You go without me. | 你自己去吧 |
[23:54] | I’ll pick you up for a drink after. | 之后我接你去喝一杯 |
[23:56] | You really want me to see “Oh! Calcutta!” by myself? | 你真想让我独自去看《加尔各答风情画》吗 |
[24:00] | Trudy must’ve forgotten. | 特鲁迪一定是忘了 |
[24:03] | There’s no one to look after Tammy. | 没人照顾塔米 |
[24:08] | That’s rather inconsiderate, isn’t it? | 她可真不顾别人 不是吗 |
[24:11] | I’m sure it’s just a mistake. | 我相信她只是无心之失 |
[24:14] | Well, I’m going to wait until the very last minute. | 我会等到最后一刻 |
[24:18] | That’s sweet. | 真贴心 |
[24:19] | I’ll make it up to you. | 我会补偿你的 |
[24:21] | You most certainly will. | 你一定会的 |
[24:35] | Should I get it? | 我来接吗 |
[24:36] | It’s not for me. | 肯定不是找我的 |
[24:41] | Hello? | 喂 |
[24:42] | Oh, I’m glad I caught you. | 能找到你真好 |
[24:43] | Are you on your way out? | 你准备出门吗 |
[24:45] | Just sitting down to dinner. | 正准备吃晚饭 |
[24:47] | Well, it’s just– | 只是 |
[24:49] | I just wanted to let you know | 我只想让你知道 |
[24:51] | that I tried your “kids’ point of view” idea, | 我尝试了你的”孩子视角”的创意 |
[24:53] | and it’s not good. | 但效果不好 |
[24:56] | Well, it was great hearing from you. | 感谢你专门告知 |
[24:58] | It’s just I know, now that you’re presenting, | 我知道现在由你做展示 |
[25:00] | you’re prone to more serious thought, | 你会更想要成熟一些的创意 |
[25:02] | and I just wanted you to know that one’s a loser. | 我只想告诉你那个创意行不通 |
[25:04] | I’m always working, Peggy. So are you. | 我总是在工作 佩奇 你也是 |
[25:08] | Why are you undermining me? | 你为什么搅乱我的想法 |
[25:11] | From now on I won’t express myself. | 从现在开始我要表达自己 |
[25:13] | Well, now it’s tainted. | 因为你表达了自己 |
[25:16] | It’s poisoned, because you expressed yourself. | 现在这创意被污染了 变臭了 |
[25:19] | If you don’t want to do it, don’t do it. | 你不想改就别改 |
[25:32] | Did you lose your appetite? | 你没胃口了吗 |
[25:34] | Absolutely not. | 当然没有 |
[25:46] | Oh, hello. Did you just get back? | 你好 你刚回来吗 |
[25:51] | No, but you did. | 不 但你刚回来 |
[25:53] | Is Tammy still up? | 塔米还没睡吗 |
[25:55] | No. We said our good nights. | 睡了 我们互道了晚安 |
[25:58] | Verna’s back there hiding somewhere. | 维娜躲在后面的某处 |
[26:02] | Well, did you have a nice time? | 你玩得愉快吗 |
[26:06] | I was in fine spirits until I thought about you | 我本来很愉快 直到我想到你 |
[26:10] | pulled over on the side of the road necking with Charlie Fiddich. | 在路旁停车 与查理·费蒂奇卿卿我我 |
[26:15] | Charlie Fiddich? | 查理·费蒂奇 |
[26:17] | Well, who was it, then? | 那么对方到底是谁 |
[26:18] | Or are you going to keep it a secret from me | 还是说你想瞒着我 |
[26:19] | like your father’s heart attack? | 就像你父亲犯心脏病的事一样 |
[26:22] | You’ve seen your daughter for the year. | 你今年看过女儿了 |
[26:23] | Don’t you have a plane to catch? | 你不用去赶飞机吗 |
[26:24] | I don’t like you carrying on like this. It’s immoral. | 我不喜欢你这样做 这不道德 |
[26:27] | You have a child. | 你有一个孩子 |
[26:29] | What?! | 什么 |
[26:32] | You picked tonight for your date? | 你选今晚去约会吗 |
[26:35] | You still care about me. | 你还是在乎我的 |
[26:37] | I know your debutante maneuvers. | 我知道你的那些小把戏 |
[26:41] | We’re getting a divorce. | 我们要离婚了 |
[26:43] | We’re still married. | 我们还是夫妻 |
[26:45] | You’re not part of this family anymore. | 你不再是这个家庭的一员了 |
[26:57] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[27:10] | Well, hello there. | 你好啊 |
[27:14] | Well, hello yourself. | 你也好 |
[27:16] | Somebody missed you. | 某人很想你哦 |
[27:19] | You’re early, but welcome. | 你来早了 但欢迎你 |
[27:21] | These are for you. | 这些是给你的 |
[27:24] | And that is for you. | 这个是给你的 |
[27:29] | It’s an Erector Set. | 是建筑玩具 |
[27:31] | America needs engineers. | 美国需要工程师 |
[27:33] | What do you say to Uncle Bob? | 你该对鲍勃叔叔说什么 |
[27:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:37] | I know everybody got something, | 我知道其他人都有礼物 |
[27:38] | but I was shopping in Midtown | 但我昨天在市中心 |
[27:40] | all day yesterday and I struck out. | 血拼了一整天 还是少了你的 |
[27:42] | The Jews close everything on Saturday. | 犹太人周六总是歇业 |
[27:44] | I’m starving. | 我饿坏了 |
[27:46] | I see a day that starts with pancakes | 我觉得今天应该以煎饼开始 |
[27:48] | and ends with an ice cream sundae. | 以冰激凌圣代结束 |
[27:50] | Should I bring the stroller? | 需要我把推婴儿车带上吗 |
[27:52] | I’ll carry him if I have to. | 我抱都要把他抱走 |
[27:53] | Let me get my bag. | 我去拿包 |
[27:58] | 《纽约时报》 肯尼迪在达拉斯行车途中被狙击手射杀 约翰逊在飞机上宣誓就职 | |
[28:12] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么 |
[28:13] | Oh, good morning. | 早安 |
[28:15] | The fondue pot. | 芝士火锅 |
[28:17] | It’s not in the kitchen. | 不在厨房里 |
[28:18] | Coffee’s fine. | 咖啡就行了 |
[28:20] | No, I thought it would get some use out there. | 不 我可以带到那边用 |
[28:24] | I thought you just needed summer clothes. | 我以为你只需要夏装 |
[28:29] | I miss my things. | 我想念我的东西 |
[28:38] | You were dead to the world. | 你睡得很死 |
[28:40] | I sleep better when you’re here. | 你在时我睡得很安稳 |
[28:43] | Oh, I miss you, too. | 我也想你 |
[28:46] | I’m sorry the visit’s so short. | 很抱歉我不能久留 |
[28:52] | Can I just check this in on the plane? | 我能把这些带上飞机吗 |
[28:54] | How much is there? I can take some. | 有多少 我可以带一些 |
[28:57] | When? | 何时 |
[28:58] | Next time I come. End of July. | 下次我去时 7月底 |
[29:04] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[29:07] | I want to see you somewhere where there’s nothing else going on. | 我想在没有纷扰的地方见你 |
[29:11] | Not LA. Not here. Just us. | 不在洛杉矶 不在这里 只有我们 |
[29:17] | That’d be nice. | 那很好 |
[29:41] | Air-conditioning. | 冷气 |
[29:44] | Delicious. | 真美好 |
[29:46] | Did you have fun? | 玩得开心吗 |
[29:48] | You ate already? | 你已经吃过了吗 |
[29:49] | I’m sorry, I was hungry. | 抱歉 我太饿了 |
[29:51] | I can eat again. | 我可以再陪你吃 |
[29:53] | Look at these feet. | 看看我的脚 |
[29:55] | I wore my sandals and I look like a hobo. | 我穿了凉鞋出去 现在像个流浪汉 |
[29:58] | My toenails are black. | 我的脚指甲都黑了 |
[30:00] | You can’t wear those in the city. | 你不能在这城市里穿那种鞋 |
[30:01] | You might as well be barefoot. | 你还不如光着脚 |
[30:03] | Will you try on your wares? Slowly? | 要试试你买的东西吗 慢慢地 |
[30:06] | Well, at least you’re in a better mood. | 至少你的心情好些了 |
[30:09] | Come over here. | 过来 |
[30:16] | Did you get your work done? | 你的任务完成了吗 |
[30:19] | Some of it. | 完成一部分 |
[30:22] | Well, this is my vacation, | 我是来度假的 |
[30:24] | and I knew you were going to the office, | 我知道你要去公司 |
[30:27] | but the first Saturday we spent here, | 但我们在这里的第一个周六 |
[30:28] | you needed to see your daughter. | 你就要去看你的女儿 |
[30:30] | Then you didn’t come home, | 然后没有按时回来 |
[30:32] | which I understand was Trudy’s fault. | 我理解 那是特鲁迪的错 |
[30:35] | Then you were grumpy. Okay. | 然后你还脾气暴躁 好吧 |
[30:38] | Then I amused myself all morning, | 我整个上午只能自娱自乐 |
[30:40] | and when I come back, | 然而我回来 |
[30:41] | you ordered room service? | 却发现你已经叫了客房服务 |
[30:42] | I’m inundated, sweetheart. | 我忙了一整天 亲爱的 |
[30:45] | I don’t like you in New York. | 我不喜欢在纽约的你 |
[30:46] | Well, then you don’t like me. | 那说明你不喜欢我 |
[30:49] | You’re not going to fuck your way out of this. | 你别想靠做爱解决问题 |
[30:52] | What? | 什么 |
[30:53] | I’m going to wash my feet. | 我要去洗脚 |
[31:04] | How’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[31:14] | Did you park your white horse outside? | 你把你的白马留在外面了吗 |
[31:17] | Spare me the suspense | 别搞神秘了 |
[31:18] | and tell me what your “save the day” plan is. | 告诉我你有什么力挽狂澜的想法 |
[31:22] | I don’t have anything yet. | 我还什么想法都没有 |
[31:23] | The idea I had wasn’t great. | 我之前的那个创意不太好 |
[31:25] | It wasn’t great. It was terrible. | 的确不好 很糟糕 |
[31:27] | I want to hear the real one. | 我要听听你真正的想法 |
[31:28] | Or are you just going to pull it out during the presentation? | 还是你打算在创意展示时临场发挥 |
[31:31] | This idea is good. | 你的创意不错 |
[31:33] | I think we can get the client to buy it. | 我觉得我们可以说服客户 |
[31:35] | No, you don’t, | 不 你不这么觉得 |
[31:36] | or you wouldn’t have questioned it. | 否则你就不会质疑它 |
[31:40] | I’m going to do whatever you say. | 我会按照你的要求去做 |
[31:42] | So you’re going to pitch the hell out of my shitty idea, | 所以你会卖力推介我这个糟糕的创意 |
[31:44] | and I’m going to fail. | 而我会失败 |
[31:46] | Peggy, I’m here to help you | 佩奇 我是来帮你的 |
[31:48] | do whatever you want to do. | 你想做成什么样我都听你的 |
[31:49] | Well, how am I supposed to know? | 我怎么知道 |
[31:54] | That’s a tough one. | 这问题不好回答 |
[31:57] | You love this. | 你就喜欢这样 |
[31:58] | Not really. | 不是的 |
[32:00] | I want you to feel good about what you’re doing, | 我希望你能对你的作品有信心 |
[32:02] | but you’ll never know. | 但结果谁也说不好 |
[32:04] | That’s just the job. | 干这一行就是这样 |
[32:05] | What’s the job? | 哪样 |
[32:07] | Living in the “not knowing.” | 在不确定性中生存 |
[32:11] | You know, I wouldn’t have argued if it was me. | 如果是我就不会与你争论 |
[32:13] | I would have just given you a hundred ideas | 我会给你许多创意 |
[32:16] | and never questioned why. | 绝不会有任何质疑 |
[32:19] | You really want to help me? | 你真的想帮我吗 |
[32:20] | Show me how you think. | 告诉我你是怎样思考的 |
[32:23] | Do it out loud. | 把你的思路大声说出来 |
[32:25] | You can’t tell people what they want. | 你无法告诉别人他们想要什么 |
[32:27] | It has to be what you want. | 必须是你自己想要的才行 |
[32:31] | I want to go to the movies. | 我想去看电影 |
[32:37] | I just came back from “I Am Curious (Yellow).” | 我刚刚去看了《我好奇-黄色》 |
[32:41] | I’m still scandalized. | 到现在依然惊魂未定 |
[32:43] | Of course Megan would want to see a dirty movie. | 梅根当然会想要看一部色情电影 |
[32:46] | Do you want to work? | 你想开始工作吗 |
[32:47] | It doesn’t matter if I want to. | 我想不想不重要 |
[32:49] | I have to, because all of this is crap. | 我必须要工作 因为这些都是垃圾 |
[32:53] | Pros and cons. | 我们来分析利与弊 |
[32:55] | Pros– it’s almost done and it’s good. | 利 已经快做完了 而且不错 |
[32:58] | The account man’s overjoyed and the client’s on board. | 业务员很满意 客户也同意 |
[33:02] | Those are the cons, and you know it. | 这些是弊 你心里知道 |
[33:10] | whenever I’m really unsure about an idea, | 每当我对一个创意拿不准时 |
[33:14] | first… I abuse the people whose help I need. | 首先 我会欺负能帮得上我的人 |
[33:23] | And then I take a nap. | 然后小睡一会儿 |
[33:26] | Done. | 都做完了 |
[33:29] | Then I start at the beginning again… | 然后我会从头开始 |
[33:33] | and see if I end up in the same place. | 看看自己会不会得出相同的结果 |
[33:38] | Mom’s job is to make dinner. | 母亲的任务是做晚饭 |
[33:42] | Burger Chef’s job is to stop her. | 汉堡大厨的任务是不让她做晚饭 |
[33:48] | What is it about that thing? | 那东西有什么吸引力 |
[33:50] | Little boys love it. | 小男孩们都喜欢玩 |
[33:59] | You’re a very lucky person. | 你是个很幸运的人 |
[34:01] | Have I been complaining too much? | 我抱怨的太多了吗 |
[34:03] | No. Did Gail go to bed? | 不是 格尔睡了吗 |
[34:06] | She did. | 睡了 |
[34:14] | I know I shouldn’t be saying this, | 我知道我不该说这些 |
[34:17] | because my heart is pounding. | 因为我的心怦怦直跳 |
[34:19] | What? | 什么 |
[34:22] | I know I said I didn’t get you anything… | 我知道我之前说没给你买礼物 |
[34:28] | but I did. | 但其实我买了 |
[34:34] | Bob, put that away. | 鲍勃 把那东西拿开 |
[34:35] | I know I should have done this a long time ago. | 我知道我早该这么做了 |
[34:39] | Did I miss my chance? | 我错过机会了吗 |
[34:42] | No. | 不是 |
[34:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:48] | So you don’t feel anything for me? | 那么你对我没感觉吗 |
[34:50] | My face doesn’t please you? | 你不喜欢我这张脸吗 |
[34:52] | I don’t believe it. | 我不相信 |
[35:05] | You don’t want this. | 你不想这样的 |
[35:08] | You’re not listening to me. | 你没有仔细听我说 |
[35:10] | Bob… | 鲍勃 |
[35:14] | you shouldn’t be with a woman. | 你不该和女人在一起 |
[35:21] | I have been, you know. | 我有过 你知道吗 |
[35:25] | Why are you doing this now? | 你为什么现在这样做 |
[35:29] | Well, honestly, I’m moving on to Buick. | 说实话 我要去别克工作了 |
[35:35] | And GM expects a certain kind of executive. | 通用公司对业务员有一些特定的要求 |
[35:39] | You’re leaving the agency? | 你要离开公司吗 |
[35:41] | Yes. But that’s why it would work so well. | 是的 但正因如此这才非常完美 |
[35:43] | You could stay here, do whatever you want. | 你可以留在这边 做你想做的事 |
[35:47] | Kevin would have a father. | 凯文会有个父亲 |
[35:49] | Or you could come with me. | 或者你可以跟我一起走 |
[35:51] | You’d love Detroit. | 你会爱上底特律的 |
[35:52] | We could have a mansion. | 我们可以住在豪华大厦里 |
[35:54] | When did all this happen? | 这都是什么时候的事 |
[35:56] | I just heard it. | 我刚刚听说的 |
[35:57] | And you can’t relay it, | 你不能和别人说 |
[36:00] | because they’re moving the XP | 因为他们要把XP车项目 |
[36:01] | to Campbell-Ewald. | 转给坎贝尔-伊瓦德公司 |
[36:03] | We lost Chevy? | 我们丢掉了雪佛兰吗 |
[36:04] | Yes. But the audition was a success. | 是的 但试合作是成功的 |
[36:08] | There’s something else coming down the road. | 接下来会有其他项目交给你们 |
[36:11] | The times like this, Joan– | 在这种时候 琼 |
[36:13] | this is when you need someone. | 你需要有个人在身边 |
[36:17] | We could comfort each other through an uncertain world. | 我们可以在这个充满未知的世界里彼此安慰 |
[36:22] | I can’t think about this right now. | 我现在无法考虑这件事 |
[36:26] | I’m thinking about you, Joan. | 我在为你考虑 琼 |
[36:29] | Is this what you want? | 这是你想要的吗 |
[36:31] | To be near 40 in a two-bedroom apartment | 快40岁了 住在两居室的公寓里 |
[36:33] | with a mother and a little boy? | 和妈妈还有小儿子一起住 |
[36:37] | I know I am flawed, | 我知道我有缺陷 |
[36:39] | but I am offering you | 但我能给予你的 |
[36:40] | more than anyone else ever will. | 比任何人能给你的都多 |
[36:46] | No, you’re not, Bob. | 不 你不能 鲍勃 |
[36:49] | Because I want love. | 因为我需要的是爱 |
[36:52] | And I’d rather die hoping that happens | 我宁愿抱着这份期望死去 |
[36:57] | than make some arrangement. | 也不愿随便安排自己 |
[37:02] | And you should too. | 你也应该如此 |
[37:07] | I’m just being realistic. | 我只是想现实一点 |
[37:11] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[37:40] | Okay, so in this new version, Dad’s driving the car. | 好了 在这个新版本中 是父亲在开车 |
[37:43] | Mom’s next to him, admiring? | 母亲坐在他旁边 满是爱慕 |
[37:49] | How about a convertible? | 敞篷车怎么样 |
[37:51] | Little boy and little girl in the back, | 小男孩和小女孩坐在后面 |
[37:54] | Dad’s got a pipe in his mouth. | 父亲嘴里叼着烟管 |
[37:57] | Jesus, it’s going to look like 1955. | 天啊 看上去简直跟1955年那样陈旧 |
[38:01] | 1955 was a good year. | 1955年是个好年份 |
[38:02] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[38:04] | 1965 was a good year. | 1965年才是个好年份 |
[38:07] | I got married. | 我在那年结了婚 |
[38:10] | Moms love Burger Chef because it’s an answer to a crisis. | 母亲们喜欢汉堡大厨 因为那可以解决难题 |
[38:16] | What if Mom’s coming home from work? | 如果母亲是下班了回到家呢 |
[38:19] | What’s her profession? | 她是做什么工作的 |
[38:22] | You are surrounded by all kinds of mothers who work, Don. | 你身边都是做母亲的工作女性 唐 |
[38:30] | It’s too sad for an ad. | 那种主题做成广告太悲伤了 |
[38:34] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[38:35] | She burned the roast, she dented the fender… | 她把肉烤焦了 汽车挡泥板撞凹了 |
[38:41] | Keep going. | 继续说 |
[38:44] | She backed over the dog, | 她一脚踢翻了狗 |
[38:47] | little Katie’s pregnant, Jimmy got drafted, | 小凯蒂怀孕了 吉米被征兵了 |
[38:49] | but there is still a burger and fries on that table? | 但是桌上依然是汉堡和薯条吗 |
[38:53] | Does this family exist anymore? | 这种家庭还存在吗 |
[38:56] | Are there people who eat dinner and smile at each other | 真的有人会一起吃晚餐 互相微笑 |
[39:00] | instead of watching TV? | 而不是看电视吗 |
[39:06] | Did you ever do that with your family? | 你和你的家人会那样吗 |
[39:10] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[39:15] | What the hell do I know about being a mom? | 我对于做母亲真是一无所知 |
[39:18] | I just turned 30, Don. | 我最近满30岁了 唐 |
[39:22] | Shit. When? | 该死 什么时候的事 |
[39:25] | A couple of weeks ago. | 几周前 |
[39:27] | It doesn’t matter. | 没什么 |
[39:29] | I kept it as secret as I could. | 我尽力保守这个秘密 |
[39:33] | Now I’m one of those women lying about her age. | 现在我也成了那种谎报年龄的女人了 |
[39:36] | I hate them. | 我讨厌那种女人 |
[39:40] | I worry about a lot of things, | 我会担心很多事情 |
[39:44] | but I don’t worry about you. | 但我并不担心你 |
[39:50] | What do you have to worry about? | 你有什么好担心的 |
[39:58] | That I never did anything, | 担心我从未做成任何事 |
[40:00] | and that I don’t have anyone. | 也没有任何人在身边 |
[40:10] | I was in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania. | 我去过俄亥俄州 密歇根州 宾州 |
[40:17] | I looked in the window of so many station wagons. | 我从太多旅行车的车窗往外看过 |
[40:24] | What did I do wrong? | 我到底做错了什么 |
[40:37] | You’re doing great. | 你做得很出色 |
[40:49] | What if there was a place where you could go… | 如果有这么一个地方 你可以过去 |
[40:54] | where there was no TV… | 那里没有电视 |
[40:57] | and you could break bread… | 你可以在那里进餐 |
[41:02] | and whoever you were sitting with was family? | 和你坐在一起的人 都是你的家人 |
[41:16] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[41:18] | That’s more what it is. | 那才是我想要的 |
[41:21] | *My friends, I’ll say it clear…* | *朋友 我清楚地告诉你* |
[41:27] | Do you hear this? | 你听见了吗 |
[41:27] | *I’ll state my case…* | *我说说我的情况* |
[41:29] | I know, they’re playing it all the time. | 我知道 他们总是不停地播歌 |
[41:31] | Do you think that’s a coincidence? | 你觉得这是巧合吗 |
[41:34] | *I’ve lived a life that’s full.* | *我的人生充实无比* |
[41:40] | *I’ve traveled each and every highway…* | *我的足迹踏遍每一条大道* |
[41:44] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[41:46] | *And more. Much more than this.* | *未来还有更多 远不止如此* |
[41:52] | *I did it my way.* | *我按照自己的方式去度过* |
[41:59] | *Regrets. I’ve had a few.* | *遗憾 我自然也有一些* |
[42:05] | *But then again. Too few to mention.* | *但真要说起来 又少得不值一提* |
[42:11] | *I did what I had to do.* | *我做过一些无法逃避之事* |
[42:18] | *And saw it through without exemption.* | *洞穿一切 无一逃脱* |
[42:24] | *I planned each charted course, each careful step.* | *我精心策划着每一步* |
[42:33] | *Along the byway.* | *一路走来* |
[42:37] | *And more. Much more than this.* | *未来还有更多 远不止如此* |
[42:42] | *I did it my way.* | *我按照自己的方式去度过* |
[42:48] | *Yes, there were times…* | *是的 曾经的确有过…* |
[43:10] | It’s official. | 正式确定了 |
[43:11] | The XP is no longer ours. | XP项目不再是我们的了 |
[43:14] | But they’ve thought of a name. | 但他们想到一个新名字 |
[43:15] | They’re going to call it “Roger Sterling’s failure.” | 他们打算称之为”罗杰·斯特林的大失败” |
[43:18] | I thought you signed them. | 那不是你签下的客户嘛 |
[43:19] | Where did you hear this? | 你从哪儿听说这事的 |
[43:21] | You knew? | 你早知道吗 |
[43:24] | I think we should get ahead of this. | 我觉得我们应该提前一步行动 |
[43:26] | I am proposing a “New York Times” article | 我打算在《纽约时报》上发文 |
[43:28] | and the “Journal,” too, | 包括《华尔街日报》 |
[43:29] | announcing that we’re open for business with our IBM 360 | 宣布我们拥有IBM 360电脑和相关软件 |
[43:32] | and our proprietary software. | 可以承接新的广告业务 |
[43:34] | And there’s a big picture of Harry Crane, | 哈里·克雷恩也将大有所为 |
[43:37] | our newest partner. | 他现在是最新的合伙人 |
[43:38] | What? | 什么 |
[43:40] | The rest of it’s fine, | 其他的都没什么 |
[43:40] | but Harry Crane’s a partner? | 但是哈里·克雷恩也成了合伙人吗 |
[43:42] | If that’s what it takes. | 如果非得如此也没办法 |
[43:44] | I’m not going limping into Burger Chef. | 我可不希望跟汉堡大厨的合作有什么障碍 |
[43:46] | Why does he have to be a partner? | 他为什么非得成为合伙人才行 |
[43:48] | Say what you will, but he’s very loyal. | 不管你怎么说 他对公司确实很忠诚 |
[43:52] | All in favor? | 所有人都同意吗 |
[43:58] | Opposed? | 反对票呢 |
[44:03] | The motion carries. | 动议通过 |
[44:04] | With two abstentions. | 两票弃权 |
[44:06] | All right, everybody back to work. | 好了 大家都回去继续工作吧 |
[44:13] | I’ve got it. | 我自己进去 |
[44:16] | What the hell do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[44:17] | Not Harry Crane as partner. | 我不希望哈里·克雷恩成为合伙人 |
[44:19] | Well, you knew about Chevy, and you didn’t tell me. | 你早知道雪佛兰的事 却没告诉我 |
[44:21] | I could have done something. | 我原本或许可以采取补救措施的 |
[44:22] | There was nothing to do. | 根本没什么好补救的 |
[44:23] | Spill the beans or get out. | 有话快说 不然出去 |
[44:26] | Bob Benson told me. | 是鲍勃·本森告诉我的 |
[44:28] | He’s going to Buick. | 他要去为别克工作了 |
[44:30] | Bob Benson? | 鲍勃·本森 |
[44:31] | Please don’t get him in trouble. | 请你不要让他陷入麻烦 |
[44:33] | You’re kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[44:34] | I knew McCann was up to something. | 我就知道麦肯公司有所图谋 |
[44:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[44:38] | They’re afraid we’re going to steal Buick. | 他们害怕我们偷走别克这个客户 |
[44:39] | What? | 什么 |
[44:41] | Just forget it. | 当我没说 |
[44:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:52] | Now we have nothing. | 现在我们还什么作品都没有 |
[44:54] | We’re only weeks away. | 只有几周时间了 |
[44:55] | Just hear her out. | 听她好好说完 |
[44:57] | She’ll have you done in time for dinner. | 她很快就会搞定 你还够时间去吃晚餐 |
[45:01] | My plans got cancelled. | 我的安排取消了 |
[45:10] | Look around. | 看看四周 |
[45:13] | I want to shoot the ad in here. | 我想在这儿拍广告 |
[45:17] | It’s not a home. | 这又不是家 |
[45:18] | It’s better. | 这里更好 |
[45:20] | It’s a clean, well-lighted place. | 干净整洁 光线充足 |
[45:23] | Okay, Hemingway. | 好吧 大作家 |
[45:24] | As long as it’s still about moms. | 只要主题还在妈妈身上就行 |
[45:27] | It’s about family. | 主题现在是”家庭” |
[45:28] | Every table here is the family table. | 这里的每个桌子都是家庭餐桌 |
[45:31] | I hate even the word “family.” It’s vague. | 我甚至讨厌”家庭”这个词 太含糊了 |
[45:35] | “Mom” is more specific. Tell her, Don. | “妈妈”这个主题要具体得多 告诉她 唐 |
[45:38] | She’s doing it the way she wants to do it. | 她在按照她想要的方式去做 |
[45:41] | You want it right or not? | 你到底还想不想做好了 |