时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | Oh, my God. You have to taste it. | 天呐 你一定要品一品这酒 |
[00:51] | Shouldn’t we wait for Don? | 我们不等唐了吗 |
[00:53] | Chateau Margaux ’53. | 53年的玛哥酒庄红酒 |
[00:55] | Considered by some the best there is. | 有人认为这是世上最好的红酒 |
[00:57] | So, you were talking about Ziploc. | 你刚刚说到密保诺密封袋 |
[01:00] | Was I? | 我有吗 |
[01:01] | Yes. You were saying that we might be in the running. | 是的 你说我们有希望参与角逐 |
[01:05] | No, I said I was still deciding. | 不 我说我还在考虑 |
[01:09] | I see. So you would like to know why | 好吧 你是在考虑是否该给我们这个 |
[01:10] | the agency that has over-performed on Handi-Wrap, | 曾为保鲜膜 烤箱清洗剂和洗手间清洁剂 |
[01:13] | Oven Cleaner, Bathroom Cleaner, | 做出过超水准的广告 |
[01:14] | and corporate image cleaner, is worthy of more business? | 又擅长改善客户企业形象的广告公司更多生意吗 |
[01:18] | Well, I don’t know about Bathroom Cleaner. | 洗手间清洁剂的广告是否超水准我不确定 |
[01:21] | “Germ killer”? It makes people think of shit. | “细菌杀手” 那让人们联想到屎 |
[01:24] | You didn’t express that. | 你当初没有提出来 |
[01:26] | I expressed ambivalence and you went the wrong way. | 我提出了我的犹豫 而你做了错的决定 |
[01:32] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然了 |
[01:33] | So would you like us to redo the work? | 那你想让我们重做一支广告吗 |
[01:35] | As I said, Pete, I haven’t decided. | 我说了 皮特 我还没决定 |
[01:42] | Please, Ken, don’t get up. I apologize. | 肯 千万别起身 很抱歉 |
[01:44] | I couldn’t get a cab. | 我打不到车 |
[01:47] | I should let you try Ken’s incredible wine. | 我应该让你尝尝肯带来的美酒 |
[01:50] | But first, I think you should know that Ken prefers | 但首先 我要告诉你 肯更喜欢 |
[01:52] | the “Bright and shiny” bathroom strategy | “让洗手间亮洁如新”的广告策略 |
[01:54] | because he says “Germ killer” makes people think of poop. | 因为他觉得”细菌杀手”让人们联想到大便 |
[02:00] | Don’t have second thoughts, Ken. You picked the right strategy. | 不要犹豫不决 肯 你选择了对的策略 |
[02:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:05] | Okay? | 好的吗 |
[02:07] | Should we order? | 我们点菜吧 |
[02:12] | Good evening, Mr. Draper. | 晚上好 德雷柏先生 |
[02:13] | You have three phone calls. | 您有三通电话 |
[02:15] | One at 7:00 from Tricia Reynolds | 一通是特丽莎·雷诺兹7点时打来的 |
[02:17] | and two from Diana Baur at 9:00 and 9:30. | 两通是黛安娜·鲍尔9点和9:30时打的 |
[02:20] | Diana Baur? What’s the message? | 黛安娜·鲍尔 她说了什么 |
[02:24] | I’m sorry, what was the message? | 抱歉 她留了什么话 |
[02:26] | Actually, I see here | 实际上 我在记录上看到 |
[02:27] | I wasn’t supposed to give you her second message. | 她不希望我们告诉你她的第二个留言 |
[02:30] | Or her first. | 以及第一个 |
[02:32] | My goodness. Why don’t they just throw these out? | 天呐 这些人怎么不把这个记录扔了 |
[02:35] | Do you know who spoke with her? | 你知道是谁接的她的电话吗 |
[02:36] | Yes, and I’ll report this. | 知道 我会投诉这件事 |
[02:38] | I work with birdbrains. | 我的同事真是一群笨蛋 |
[02:39] | No, it’s fine. I just– | 不 没事 我只是… |
[02:43] | Did she leave a number? | 她有留下电话号码吗 |
[02:45] | No. I’m sorry. | 没有 抱歉 |
[02:49] | Will you let everyone know I’ll pick up my own calls tonight? | 你可以告诉所有人今晚我自己接电话吗 |
[02:52] | Yes, of course. | 好 当然可以 |
[02:53] | And again, I apologize, Mr. Draper. | 再次向您道歉 德雷柏先生 |
[02:56] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[03:04] | Caroline! | 卡罗琳 |
[03:08] | Do you read the mail or do you just open it? | 你负责读信还是只负责拆信 |
[03:10] | Shirley opened the mail. I’ll get her. | 信是雪莉拆的 我去叫她 |
[03:12] | No, go get whoever is responsible for paying our lease. | 不 把负责交办公室房租的人叫来 |
[03:16] | Dawn Chambers. | 唐恩·钱伯斯 |
[03:20] | Joan! | 琼 |
[03:22] | Get in here! | 快过来 |
[03:24] | Joan! | 琼 |
[03:28] | Don’t do that. | 别对我呼来喝去 |
[03:29] | You’re gonna have to fire Dawn. | 你得开除唐恩 |
[03:31] | She didn’t pay the lease. | 她忘记付房租了 |
[03:37] | I’ll take care of this. | 我来处理这事吧 |
[04:01] | I have Trudy Campbell. | 特鲁迪·坎贝尔来电 |
[04:07] | Well, hello, Trudy. How are you? | 喂 特鲁迪 你还好吗 |
[04:10] | Frankly, not good at all. | 说实话 一点也不好 |
[04:13] | What did I do? | 我做错什么了 |
[04:14] | No, it’s Tammy. | 不 是塔米的事 |
[04:16] | She was on the wait list at Greenwich Country Day | 她本来在格林威治走读学校的候选名单上 |
[04:18] | and they promised her admission, but they didn’t keep their word. | 学校承诺会录取她 但却食言了 |
[04:21] | What was she doing on the wait list at all? | 她怎么会在候选名单上 |
[04:23] | My father’s entire family went to that school. | 我父亲一家人都是那个学校毕业的 |
[04:26] | They know who are you, Peter. | 他们知道你是谁 皮特 |
[04:27] | And they know who I am. | 他们也知道我是谁 |
[04:28] | And they know that we’re divorced. | 他们还知道我们离婚了 |
[04:31] | Greenwich, Connecticut, is built on divorced money. | 康州格林威治镇就是靠离婚财产建起来的 |
[04:33] | Don’t yell at me. | 别对我吼 |
[04:35] | I’ve arranged for a meeting with the headmaster | 我和校长安排了见面 |
[04:37] | and I’d like for you to accompany me to show | 我希望你能和我一起去 向他们展示 |
[04:38] | that we’re in this together, if nothing else. | 至少我们是一条心 希望孩子能入学的 |
[04:43] | Yes, of course. | 好 当然可以 |
[04:45] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[04:47] | Just once, I’d like some notice. | 哪怕一次也好 你能不能提前点知会我 |
[04:49] | I didn’t want to involve you at all. | 我根本没想要把你扯进来的 |
[05:01] | You got me this time, Kirby. | 我这回被你难住了 科尔比 |
[05:05] | You’re all fired. | 你们都被开除了 |
[05:06] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[05:08] | Someone at McCann-Erickson gave notice in writing. | 麦肯公司的某人给对方发了终止租约函 |
[05:13] | I was never informed. | 我没接到任何通知 |
[05:16] | We were never informed. | 我们都没接到过 |
[05:18] | Well, it’s obviously a mistake. | 很明显是弄错了 |
[05:21] | Get Jim Hobart– no, | 打电话给吉姆·霍巴特 不 |
[05:23] | Ferg Donnelly on the horn. | 打给弗格森·唐纳利 |
[05:25] | Just a minute. | 请等一下 |
[05:27] | Ladies, this is how rumors get started. | 女士们 谣言一般都是这么传开的 |
[05:28] | So this stays in this room till things get sorted out. | 所以这事弄清楚之前 不要对任何人说 |
[05:32] | Back to work. | 回去工作吧 |
[05:36] | I’ll get Ferg. | 我帮你打给弗格 |
[05:44] | So now I just want you to play. | 现在你们要开始玩 |
[05:49] | Just pretend we’re not here. | 假装我们这些大人根本就不在 |
[06:00] | I’m giving you my permission to play with all these great toys. | 我现在允许你们玩这些超有趣的玩具 |
[06:04] | Do what you would do if we weren’t watching. | 就像我们没在看着你们一样 |
[06:10] | Really? That’s what you’d do? | 不是吧 你们就这样玩吗 |
[06:14] | What’s wrong with them? | 他们是怎么回事 |
[06:16] | You said you didn’t want actors. | 你说你不想用演员的 |
[06:18] | Well, real kids are shy. | 普通小孩是很害羞的 |
[06:22] | And you have to talk to them like people. | 你得像对普通人一样跟他们沟通 |
[06:28] | They all have their own toy. | 他们每个人都有玩具玩 |
[06:29] | If we want enthusiasm, | 如果我们想看到热情 |
[06:31] | we should just have one toy. | 应该只给他们一个玩具 |
[06:32] | Like a battle royale. | 就像玩生存游戏 |
[06:34] | Just throw one in there | 扔给他们一个玩具 |
[06:35] | and the last kid standing gets the gig. | 拼到最后的孩子能拿到角色 |
[06:37] | It would work. | 那会有成效的 |
[06:39] | You hate kids. | 你真的很讨厌小孩 |
[06:42] | You know what? I want to see how far you can throw that. | 来吧 我想看看你能把这东西扔多远 |
[06:46] | Take it easy. | 别太猛了 |
[06:52] | Rog, I’m on my way to lunch. | 罗杰 我正要出去吃午餐 |
[06:54] | What can I do for you? | 找我有什么事 |
[06:55] | It’ll just take a second. | 我很快说完 |
[06:56] | Someone over there accidentally gave notice on our lease | 你们那边有人不小心终止了我们办公室的租约 |
[06:58] | and I need you to fix it. | 我需要你帮忙解决 |
[07:04] | Actually… | 其实… |
[07:06] | Actually what? | 其实什么 |
[07:09] | You really need to talk to Jim about it. | 你真的得找吉姆谈谈这事 |
[07:11] | About what? What the hell is going on, Ferg? | 什么事 到底怎么回事 弗格 |
[07:15] | Roger, calm down. | 罗杰 冷静点 |
[07:17] | I think you’ll see it’s all good news. | 你会发现这是好消息的 |
[07:21] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[07:24] | Well, we’re gonna move your whole office | 我们要把你们整个办公室 |
[07:27] | into our building at the end of the month. | 在这个月底搬到我们的楼里 |
[07:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:31] | We don’t mind paying people, | 我们不介意支付工资 |
[07:33] | but it seems ridiculous to rent two floors | 但我们这里有大把空间 |
[07:34] | of the Time Life Building when we have | 却花钱租时代生活大厦的两层楼 |
[07:36] | plenty of space over here. | 就有点离谱了 |
[07:37] | Hold on, are we losing the office | 等等 我们要失去办公室 |
[07:40] | or the agency? | 还是公司 |
[07:42] | That’s the wrong way to look at it. | 你这样看问题就不对了 |
[07:44] | We’re bringing you home. | 我们是要带你们回家 |
[07:45] | This is my home. | 这里就是我的家 |
[07:48] | Are you dissolving us? | 你们要解散我们吗 |
[07:49] | I’m gonna set a meeting with Jim for tomorrow. | 我会安排明天和吉姆开会 |
[07:51] | Look, this was supposed to be the last thing done, | 听着 这本来应该是最后才做的事 |
[07:55] | not the first. | 而非最先就做的 |
[08:02] | Were you planning this all along? | 你们一直以来都是这么计划的吗 |
[08:03] | Would you stop it? It’s going to be great. | 你别这样行吗 这可是好事啊 |
[08:09] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[08:16] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[08:22] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[08:25] | Really pulled one over on us. | 我们真是被彻底地耍了 |
[08:27] | Who? | 被谁 |
[08:31] | What are you doing here? | 你们过来干什么 |
[08:32] | Roger, you can’t just tell Don. | 罗杰 你不能就这么告诉唐 |
[08:34] | – Tell Don what? – Do you need ice? | -告诉唐什么 -你们要加冰块吗 |
[08:37] | We’re not to be disturbed. | 我们不希望被打扰 |
[08:43] | – Go ahead. – No. | -那你说 -不 |
[08:48] | McCann’s moving us to their building. | 麦肯公司要我们都搬去他们的大楼 |
[08:51] | We lost our lease. | 我们没法续租了 |
[08:53] | Everything must go. | 统统都得搬过去 |
[08:58] | So we’re moving? | 那我们要换地方了吗 |
[09:02] | I’d love a new view. | 我倒是乐意换个新的风景 |
[09:03] | No, Pete, I don’t think that’s all there is to it. | 不 皮特 我不觉得是换地方这么简单 |
[09:05] | We’re being swallowed up. | 我们要被吞并了 |
[09:07] | We have 30 days. | 我们有30天期限 |
[09:09] | SC&P has conflicts. | SC&P和他们有同类客户冲突 |
[09:10] | That’s why we exist. | 正因此我们才得以保存 |
[09:11] | Don’t you understand? We don’t exist. | 难道你还不明白吗 我们保存不了了 |
[09:14] | Our rent is too high. | 我们的租金太贵了 |
[09:21] | – Anybody else? – Yes, please. | -有人要来一杯吗 -好的 |
[09:25] | That’s it? Have a drink? | 就这样吗 来一杯 |
[09:29] | Well, I’m not going. | 我才不走呢 |
[09:30] | You want to give up the rest of your money? | 你剩下的钱不要了吗 |
[09:32] | We all have four-year contracts and a noncompete. | 我们都签了4年的合同和非竞争协议 |
[09:34] | I did not agree to this. | 我当时就没同意这回事 |
[09:36] | Yes, you did. | 不 你同意了 |
[09:37] | The minute we sold them the company, we all agreed to it. | 我们把公司卖给他们的那一刻就都已经同意了 |
[09:40] | After all that, Jim Cutler wins. | 到头来 吉姆·卡特勒才是赢家 |
[09:43] | All that cash and no McCann. | 钱都进了腰包 还不用被麦肯吞并 |
[09:46] | I hate that guy. | 我恨那家伙 |
[09:47] | I like it over there. | 我挺喜欢那边的 |
[09:49] | Because you’re a sheep. | 因为你是只胆小软弱的羊羔 |
[09:51] | Knock it off. | 别吵了 |
[09:53] | We’ve got a meeting with Jim Hobart tomorrow | 我们明天要和吉姆·霍巴特会面 |
[09:54] | to discuss the details. Let’s try and be dignified. | 讨论下细节 给自己留点尊严吧 |
[09:57] | Keep it in this room until we have orders. | 没有命令 这消息不要传出去 |
[10:09] | That explains the forecast they wanted. | 难怪当初他们做了那样的业绩预测呢 |
[10:13] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[10:15] | They waited so long, I thought we were safe. | 他们等了这么久 我以为我们安全了呢 |
[10:26] | Betsy Wheeler. | 贝希·威勒 |
[10:29] | Okay, Betsy, I’m glad that’s you. | 好的 贝希 我很高兴你就是 |
[10:35] | Peggy, may I speak with you? | 佩奇 能跟你谈谈吗 |
[10:38] | – Maybe later. – It’s very important. | -等下吧 -这事很重要 |
[10:43] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[11:00] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[11:11] | I’m telling you this because– | 我要告诉你这事 因为 |
[11:14] | I don’t know, because no one else will. | 我也说不清 因为其他人都不会说的 |
[11:17] | And you really need to know. | 你必须知道 |
[11:21] | We’re being absorbed by McCann. | 我们要被麦肯公司吞并了 |
[11:29] | Are they letting me go? | 他们会炒掉我吗 |
[11:30] | No, they’ll need you for a while. | 不 他们一时半会还需要你 |
[11:32] | Maybe forever. | 或许永远都需要你 |
[11:34] | All I know is having a leg up on the rats | 我只知道 提前做好准备 |
[11:35] | who fly off this ship is going to help you. | 逃离这种烂局面 会对你有好处的 |
[11:39] | I would want it. | 我会希望那样的 |
[11:46] | Are you going? | 你要去吗 |
[11:48] | I have to. | 我必须得去啊 |
[11:53] | I’ve never worked anywhere else. | 我从来没在别的地方工作过 |
[11:59] | You’ll do great. | 你会表现出色的 |
[12:03] | You should get back to work. | 你该回去工作了 |
[12:09] | For your ears only. | 不要声张 |
[12:24] | Hello. It’s me. | 喂 是我 |
[12:26] | I love a call from you in the middle of the day. | 我喜欢在大中午的接到你的电话 |
[12:30] | I just wanted to hear your voice. | 我只想听听你的声音 |
[12:32] | Even better. What do you want me to say? | 那就更好了 你想听我说什么 |
[12:37] | I got some bad news at work. | 我工作上发生了一些不好的事 |
[12:42] | I don’t care how bad it is. It’s not that bad. | 我不管多糟 其实凡事都没那么糟 |
[12:46] | You don’t know that. | 你又不知道 |
[12:48] | We can talk about it tomorrow when I’m there. | 等明天我过去了 我们好好谈谈 |
[12:51] | I didn’t know you were coming. | 我不知道你明天要过来啊 |
[12:53] | Lisa, get me on the redeye to New York. | 丽莎 帮我订去纽约的夜间航班机票 |
[12:57] | Now you know. | 现在你知道啦 |
[13:09] | Melanie called. She has two two bedrooms to show you tonight. | 梅兰妮打来电话 说今晚要带你看两栋两室的房子 |
[13:13] | And it’s five minutes till the Mohawk status meeting. | 5分钟后有个莫霍克航空的例会 |
[13:16] | Cancel everything. | 把所有预约都取消 |
[13:18] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[13:20] | It’s personal, honey. | 私人原因 亲爱的 |
[13:30] | Don Draper’s office. | 唐·德雷柏办公室 |
[13:32] | I’ll see if he’s available. | 我先确认下他是否有空 |
[13:36] | It’s Lou Avery calling from California. | 是卢·艾弗里从加利福尼亚打来的 |
[13:39] | Shit. | 该死 |
[13:42] | I better take it. | 我还是接吧 |
[13:46] | Do you mind? | 不介意出去一下吧 |
[13:55] | – Hello, Lou. – Don. | -你好 卢 -唐 |
[13:57] | I think we need to have a conversation. | 我想我们该谈谈 |
[13:59] | Look, we just found out. | 听着 我们也是刚发现的 |
[14:02] | I told Dee not to say anything, but good you know. | 我让迪不要说出去的 不过你知道也好 |
[14:06] | I’m moving next week. | 我下周就搬了 |
[14:08] | When did they tell you? | 他们什么时候跟你说的 |
[14:09] | A couple weeks ago. | 几周前 |
[14:10] | I thought about it for 10 seconds, then I thought, | 我考虑了大概十秒钟 然后想 |
[14:13] | “So what if it’s Tokyo? It’s my lifelong dream.” | “东京又如何 这是我毕生的梦想” |
[14:17] | They have an office in Tokyo? | 他们在东京有分公司吗 |
[14:19] | They only have an office in Tokyo. | 他们只在东京有公司 |
[14:22] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[14:24] | Tatsunoko Productions. | 龙之子制作公司啊 |
[14:26] | They’re making “Scout’s Honor” into a cartoon. | 他们要把《童子军的荣誉》做成动画了 |
[14:28] | What did you think I was talking about? | 你以为我在说什么 |
[14:32] | It doesn’t matter. | 没什么 |
[14:34] | They made “Speed Racer,” Don. | 就是制作《极速赛车手》的那家 唐 |
[14:36] | I got a $15,000 advance. | 我拿到了15,000美元的预付金 |
[14:38] | Obviously, my mind’s made up. | 显然 我去意已决 |
[14:41] | Obviously. | 显然嘛 |
[14:42] | I wish I could see the look on your face. | 我真想看看此刻你脸上的表情 |
[14:44] | I bet you’re not laughing anymore, are you? | 我猜你笑不出来了 是吧 |
[14:46] | No, Lou, I’m not. | 是的 卢 我没笑 |
[14:48] | Well, sayonara, my friend. | 那就再见啦 我的朋友 |
[14:51] | Enjoy the rest of your miserable life. | 好好享受你悲惨的下半辈子吧 |
[15:17] | Meredith. | 梅瑞迪斯 |
[15:22] | If we’re trying to keep the office calm, | 如果不想引起全公司的慌乱 |
[15:23] | closing those curtains is a bad idea. | 拉上窗帘只会适得其反 |
[15:29] | So spill it. Have you heard something? | 说吧 你有听说什么吗 |
[15:30] | Yes, I did. Lou’s moving to Tokyo. | 是的 听说了 卢要去东京了 |
[15:35] | I’m not even going to tell you why | 我就不跟你们说原因了 |
[15:36] | because it would give him pleasure. | 因为这只会让他更得意 |
[15:38] | The point is Sterling Cooper West is empty. | 重点是斯特林&库珀西部分公司现在空了 |
[15:41] | Of course it’s empty. It’s the first drop out of the teapot. | 当然是空壳 那是最先被牺牲的 |
[15:43] | What I’m saying is it’s available. | 我的意思是 可以对之加以利用了 |
[15:45] | We can run a business out of there. | 我们可以在那继续运作 |
[15:47] | We have no business. | 我们没有业务可运作 |
[15:49] | I was looking at McCann’s rosters | 我查了下麦肯公司的客户清单 |
[15:50] | and there’s going to be a lot of clients | 会有很多客户 |
[15:53] | they can’t hold on to– conflicts. | 他们都不能留下 因为有冲突 |
[15:55] | Take Sunkist for example. | 就拿新奇士来说 |
[15:57] | It’s 10 million in billings and growing. | 价值1000万的单子 且在不断增长中 |
[15:59] | Coca-Cola owns Minute Maid, so Sunkist is gone. | 可口可乐旗下有美汁源 所以只能放弃新奇士 |
[16:02] | Burger Chef, it’s four million | 汉堡大厨 价值400万 |
[16:03] | and they just dumped McCann for us. | 他们为了我们甩了麦肯公司 |
[16:06] | They keep telling me their future’s in California. | 他们一直跟我说他们的未来在加利福尼亚 |
[16:08] | Exactly. What’s our square footage out there? | 没错 我们在那有多大办公面积 |
[16:11] | 1,485. | 1485平方英尺 |
[16:14] | An old girlfriend measured it. | 我的一个女友测量过 |
[16:15] | What I’m saying is there’s business in California. | 我的意思就是 加州那边有业务 |
[16:17] | If we can work out of a bassinet, | 要是我们能想到办法 |
[16:18] | we can make McCann money that they’d have to throw away. | 就能赚回麦肯公司将被迫放弃的那些钱 |
[16:22] | “We”? I don’t want to go back to California. | 我们吗 我可不想回加州 |
[16:24] | That’s good. You don’t have to. | 很好 你不必回去 |
[16:25] | Stay here, they’d like that. | 留在这里 他们更希望这样 |
[16:27] | Anyone else want to stay here? | 还有谁想留在这里吗 |
[16:28] | Are we really playing this game? | 我们真的要这么玩吗 |
[16:31] | Dow Chemical. | 陶氏化学 |
[16:33] | McCann fired Ken. And I mean fired him out of a cannon. | 麦肯炒了肯 算是把他扫地出门了 |
[16:36] | He ain’t going near that place. | 他肯定会跟麦肯公司撇清关系的 |
[16:37] | – How much is that? – Seven. | -那个单子有多大 -700万 |
[16:39] | But Ken doesn’t like us either. | 但是肯也不喜欢我们 |
[16:41] | But he loves feeling the tip of your nose in the seat of his pants. | 但是他很享受折辱你 |
[16:43] | I’ll take care of Ken. | 我来搞定肯 |
[16:45] | What about Avon? | 那雅芳呢 |
[16:47] | I’m sorry, but it’s not a conflict. | 很抱歉 那个不存在冲突 |
[16:49] | But I have the relationship. | 但我有关系 |
[16:50] | No, that would be stealing a client. | 不行 那相当于在挖客户 |
[16:52] | Avon has to go to McCann and you have to help them keep it. | 雅芳得给麦肯 你必须帮他们留住 |
[16:57] | We’re going to hand deliver all of the clients they want. | 我们得把他们想要的客户全都拱手相让 |
[17:00] | We’re meeting with Jim Hobart tomorrow and we can’t cancel. | 明天就要跟吉姆·霍巴特会面了 而且不能取消 |
[17:04] | You think we can secure three accounts in 24 hours? | 你觉得我们一天之内能留住3个客户吗 |
[17:07] | We’ve done it before. | 我们以前就做到过 |
[17:24] | I’m sorry it’s so hot in here. | 很抱歉这里面这么热 |
[17:26] | I’m sorry about the intrusion, | 抱歉我突然过来 |
[17:28] | but this is the only place where we know we won’t be seen. | 但这是唯一一个不会被别人看到的地方 |
[17:32] | Well, I’m comfortable here. | 我觉得这里挺好的 |
[17:36] | The question is, how does it look out there? | 问题是 现在业界的用人情况怎么样 |
[17:39] | Considering most firms are Ivy League only | 考虑到大多数公司只要常春藤毕业生 |
[17:41] | and you don’t even have a degree, | 而你连学位都没有 |
[17:44] | the landscape looks very promising. | 前景已经算非常乐观了 |
[17:48] | Who wants me? | 谁想要我 |
[17:50] | Well, I can list a bunch of initials | 我可以列出一堆公司名字 |
[17:51] | or I could tell you what I really think. | 或者告诉你我的真正想法 |
[17:54] | You’re the expert. | 你是专家 |
[17:56] | What’s the best offer? | 最佳选择是什么 |
[17:58] | McCann-Erickson. | 麦肯广告公司 |
[18:01] | I don’t want to go there. That’s why I called you. | 我就是因为不想去那里才找你的 |
[18:04] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[18:06] | Look, I’m foregoing a commission here | 听着 我这其实是放弃了一笔佣金 |
[18:09] | because I’m a career builder. | 因为我是个事业规划人 |
[18:12] | I want to help you find a job over and over again. | 我愿意帮你一次又一次地找新工作 |
[18:15] | And sooner or later, | 但是迟早 |
[18:17] | you’re going to have to go through a place like McCann. | 你肯定得去麦肯公司这种地方历练的 |
[18:20] | Big company. Big products. | 大公司 大产品 |
[18:23] | National influence. | 在全国都有影响力 |
[18:25] | You shouldn’t stay longer than three years, | 你不能在那里待超过三年 |
[18:27] | but that’s where you should go. | 但那是你应该去的地方 |
[18:29] | But what else is out there? | 但是还有别的选择吗 |
[18:31] | Plenty. | 有很多 |
[18:32] | For a lot less money with a lot less cachet. | 薪资少得多 威望也小得多 |
[18:36] | But you go to McCann and by 1973, | 但如果你去了麦肯公司 到了1973年 |
[18:39] | you’ll be looking at four times the salary. | 你的薪资就是现在的4倍 |
[18:43] | So that’s it? | 就这样了吗 |
[18:46] | You could’ve just called me and told me this. | 你可以在电话里说的 |
[18:48] | I want you to consider it seriously | 我希望你认真考虑一下 |
[18:50] | before we take meetings. | 再去跟其他公司见面 |
[18:52] | Because word always gets out and McCann is vindictive. | 因为消息很容易走漏 麦肯公司报复心很重 |
[19:00] | You’re really selling it. | 你的话很有说服力 |
[19:02] | It’s a huge opportunity. | 这真的是个大好的机会 |
[19:15] | Come in. Glad you could make it. | 请进 很高兴你能来 |
[19:18] | – I feel like a spy. – You look like one. | -我感觉自己像个间谍 -你看着像 |
[19:21] | We have caviar. | 我们有鱼子酱 |
[19:22] | Your favorite red. Chateau Margaux ’53. | 你最爱的红酒 玛哥酒庄53年产的 |
[19:25] | I’ll have a snort. | 给我来一小杯 |
[19:27] | Look, ahem, they’re dissolving the agency. | 情况是这样的 他们要解散公司 |
[19:31] | All the business is moving to McCann. | 所有业务都得转到麦肯公司 |
[19:34] | They finally got you. | 他们终于对你们下手了 |
[19:35] | They ate you up. | 把你们吞并了 |
[19:39] | We know it was hard enough | 我们知道当初被麦肯收购时 |
[19:40] | to convince you to stay when McCann bought us. | 要说服你留下是很难的 |
[19:43] | I can’t imagine how you feel about things now. | 我无法想象你现在是什么感觉 |
[19:46] | Yeah, I’m not going. | 是啊 我才不去 |
[19:47] | So we are proposing | 所以我们打算 |
[19:49] | that we retain our independence in our California office | 转移到加州分公司 保持独立运作 |
[19:51] | with a few select clients who’ve insisted on it. | 只带几家愿意坚持的优秀客户 |
[19:56] | Who else is going? | 还有谁去 |
[19:57] | Burger Chef and Sunkist so far. | 目前有汉堡大厨和新奇士 |
[20:00] | It’s strictly for conflicts. | 完全是为了避免同类客户冲突 |
[20:02] | And, well, conflicts. | 和矛盾 |
[20:04] | Tell your superiors nothing is going to change. | 告诉你上司 不会有任何改变 |
[20:08] | I know I always come at you guns blazing, | 我知道我面对你们时总是火力全开 |
[20:10] | but to them, I’m still the new guy and Ed’s son-in-law. | 但在他们眼中 我还是新人兼艾德的女婿 |
[20:14] | I can’t suggest a move this bold. | 我不能提议走这步险招 |
[20:17] | Boldness is always rewarded, am I right, Pete? | 险棋总是回馈丰富 我说得对吗 皮特 |
[20:20] | I don’t want to make Ken do anything he doesn’t want to do. | 我不想逼肯做任何他不想做的事情 |
[20:22] | Now he obviously thinks it’s less bold to change agencies. | 他显然觉得换广告公司不那么冒险 |
[20:27] | You’re wrong. Dow would be thrilled | 你错了 陶氏会非常乐意 |
[20:28] | to finally have all their accounts at McManus, John & Adams. | 把他们的业务都转移到MJA公司 |
[20:31] | Kenny, you know that we know this account inside and out | 肯尼 你知道我们对这个客户无比熟悉 |
[20:34] | and we have Don Draper. | 而且我们还有唐·德雷柏 |
[20:36] | That’s why you stayed anyway. | 所以你当初才留下来 |
[20:38] | That’s true. | 那倒是没错 |
[20:40] | We’ve done this before. | 我们以前就做到过 |
[20:42] | You know we can. | 你知道我们可以的 |
[20:45] | You know, I’ve fantasized that one day | 我曾幻想着有一天 |
[20:48] | I’d be in this situation with you, Roger. | 能跟你像现在这样谈判 罗杰 |
[20:51] | And, Pete, well, | 而且 皮特 |
[20:53] | you’re not exactly an innocent bystander. | 你也不完全是看热闹的 |
[20:58] | I’ve toyed with you long enough. | 我也跟你们玩得够久了 |
[21:02] | No. | 不行 |
[21:04] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[21:24] | How do I describe California | 我要怎么描述加州 |
[21:25] | in a way that doesn’t make them jealous? | 才能让他们不嫉妒 |
[21:27] | Tell them my ex-wife lives there. | 告诉他们我前妻住在那里 |
[21:30] | Mine, too, so what? | 我的也是 那又怎样 |
[21:32] | I know you’re attached to California. | 我知道你心系加州 |
[21:34] | I don’t know what it means to you, | 我不知道加州对你有什么特殊意义 |
[21:35] | but it doesn’t mean anything to me. | 但对我毫无意义 |
[21:38] | It does mean something to me. | 确实对我有着特殊意义 |
[21:42] | I always feel bad about taking your spot | 当我后来眼见着你身上发生的这些事 |
[21:44] | when I saw what happened to you. | 就一直很愧疚当初抢了你的位置去那边 |
[21:46] | It should have been you out there, not me. | 该由你去那里的 不该是我 |
[21:49] | You were very persuasive. | 你当时说服了我 |
[21:52] | I was misguided. | 我被误导了 |
[21:59] | I met someone. | 我认识了一个人 |
[22:02] | She’s not too young and she’s gorgeous and a little bit deep. | 她不是很年轻 但是很漂亮 有点捉摸不透 |
[22:06] | Where’d you find a girl like that? | 你上哪儿找那么个姑娘 |
[22:08] | I knew her in college. | 我大学时认识她的 |
[22:10] | She’s divorced, too, but no kids. | 她也离婚了 但是没孩子 |
[22:14] | I bumped into her on Third Avenue | 我在第三大道碰到她 |
[22:15] | and we couldn’t remember why it didn’t work out. | 我们都不记得当初我们为何没在一起 |
[22:22] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[22:24] | I hope you understand, | 我希望你理解 |
[22:25] | she can’t leave New York and I can’t leave her. | 她不能离开纽约 我不能离开她 |
[22:28] | Stop it. You’re helping us by staying here. | 别这样 你留在这里就是帮我们了 |
[22:32] | Roger called. Dow’s a no. | 罗杰打电话来了 陶氏拒绝了 |
[22:36] | Let me talk to Ken. | 我去找肯谈 |
[22:37] | I suggested that and Roger said it’s quite final. | 我提议过了 但是罗杰说基本已成定局了 |
[22:40] | Well, let’s comb through the small accounts. | 那就来看一下小客户 |
[22:43] | See if we can cobble a couple million together. | 看能不能凑几百万 |
[22:45] | I’ll go get the files. | 我去拿文件 |
[22:54] | Do you want more coffee? | 你还要咖啡吗 |
[22:55] | I want to get on with this. | 我只想快点开始 |
[22:57] | I have someplace to be, Trudy. | 我得去个地方 特鲁迪 |
[23:05] | – Good morning. – Peter Campbell. | -早上好 -我是皮特·坎贝尔 |
[23:08] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[23:15] | Well, I assume you know why we’re here, Mr. MacDonald. | 我想你一定清楚我们此行的目的 麦克唐纳先生 |
[23:18] | We feel there’s been a mistake regarding our daughter Tammy. | 我们认为我们的女儿塔米的事可能有点误会 |
[23:22] | It’s a Campbell family tradition | 接受格林威治乡村走读学校 |
[23:23] | to receive the inimitable education of Greenwich Country Day. | 独一无二的教育是坎贝尔家族的传统 |
[23:27] | But you didn’t go here. | 但你就没在这里上过学 |
[23:29] | No, but a Campbell has been in attendance | 没错 但是自从这里还是谷仓时 |
[23:31] | since it was a barn. | 坎贝尔族人就在此上学了 |
[23:35] | I’m sorry, but our decision is final. | 很抱歉 但是我们已做出了最终决定 |
[23:39] | Now, Trudy explained to me | 特鲁迪给我解释过 |
[23:41] | that you said it’s a question of space. | 你说这是空间问题 |
[23:42] | And I say Tammy would make it worth your while. | 我觉得 让塔米入学你一定不会后悔 |
[23:46] | She wouldn’t feel extra at all. | 她不会觉得自己有优待的 |
[23:48] | It’s not a question of space. | 其实不是空间问题 |
[23:51] | Your little girl scored very low on her draw-a-man test. | 你们的女儿在画人像测验上得分很低 |
[23:54] | Well, that’s news to us. | 我们不知道这事 |
[23:56] | And I find it hard to believe. | 我觉得难以置信 |
[23:59] | Your ex-wife and I discussed this. | 你前妻和我谈过这事 |
[24:02] | Children have to draw a man | 孩子们必须画一个人 |
[24:03] | and their development is assessed based on the volume of details. | 他们的发育程度取决于细节的详尽 |
[24:07] | Eyes, nose, ears, 10 fingers, 10 toes, et cetera. | 眼鼻耳 十跟手指 十根脚趾 等等 |
[24:10] | Your daughter had only a head, mustache, and necktie. | 你们的女儿只画出了一个头 胡子和领带 |
[24:14] | – Mustache? – She didn’t understand what you wanted. | -胡子 -她不明白你想让她画什么 |
[24:16] | And I’ve been told anything beyond a stick figure | 我听说只要画得比简笔人物画丰富 |
[24:19] | is considered advanced for her age. | 在她的年龄都算较好了 |
[24:21] | Albert Einstein didn’t speak until he was four years old. | 阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦直到4岁才开口说话 |
[24:25] | This is not about your little girl. | 问题不在你们的女儿身上 |
[24:29] | The real problem is that your former wife | 真正的问题是你的前妻 |
[24:31] | failed to submit applications to other schools. | 没有向其他学校递交申请 |
[24:34] | That was careless and arrogant. | 这种行为草率而傲慢 |
[24:37] | – What? – How dare you? | -什么 -你怎么敢这样说 |
[24:39] | I think we’ve said all there is to say. | 我觉得该说的已经说完了 |
[24:42] | We’re not leaving until you apologize to Trudy. | 我们不会离开 除非你向特鲁迪道歉 |
[24:44] | Peter, it doesn’t matter. | 皮特 无所谓了 |
[24:47] | Einstein. | 爱因斯坦 |
[24:49] | Would you like to step outside? | 你想出去较量一番吗 |
[24:50] | Are you sure you wouldn’t rather get me while I’m sleeping? | 你确定你不想趁我睡觉时偷袭我吗 |
[24:53] | Like a real Campbell? | 就像真正的坎贝尔族人那样吗 |
[24:55] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[24:56] | No MacDonald will ever mix with a Campbell. | 麦克唐纳家族永远不会与坎贝尔家族打交道 |
[25:00] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[25:01] | It’s some stupid story. It’s 300 years old. | 是某个蠢故事 三百年前的事了 |
[25:05] | He’s obviously nuts. | 他显然疯了 |
[25:06] | You should know that | 你应该知道 |
[25:06] | his clan took advantage of the gift of hospitality | 他的家族利用了我的家族的热情好客 |
[25:09] | and murdered my ancestors while they slept. | 并在我的祖先们睡觉时谋杀了他们 |
[25:11] | The king ordered it. | 那是国王的命令 |
[25:13] | Just be grateful you can remarry and get rid of that name. | 你应该感到庆幸 你还能重婚改姓 |
[25:21] | Come on, Trudy. | 走吧 特鲁迪 |
[25:23] | Another sucker punch from the Campbell’s. | 坎贝尔族人又出拳偷袭了 |
[25:26] | Coward. | 懦夫 |
[25:33] | I’m sorry, sweetheart, the auditions are finished. | 抱歉 亲爱的 试镜结束了 |
[25:35] | I already auditioned. I’m waiting for my mother. | 我试过镜了 我在等我妈妈 |
[25:39] | Where is she? | 她在哪里 |
[25:40] | She had to pick up my brother. | 她得去接我兄弟 |
[25:42] | He has another audition. | 他也有一个试镜 |
[25:43] | Look, Phil, it’s a very simple transaction. | 听着 菲尔 这是非常简单的交易 |
[25:46] | We’ve been doing it for years. | 我们这样做很多年了 |
[25:47] | Shirley, will you watch her? | 雪莉 你能照看她吗 |
[25:51] | I have every right to be upset | 我完全有权利生气 |
[25:52] | because I’m an important buyer | 因为我是个重要的买家 |
[25:54] | and you’re acting like an asshole. | 而你的行为非常混蛋 |
[25:58] | Maybe we should go downstairs. | 也许我们应该去楼下 |
[26:00] | I’ll see if Marsha’s back from lunch. | 我去看看玛莎吃完午饭回来了没 |
[26:03] | Do you know your phone number? | 你知道你家电话号码是多少吗 |
[26:05] | Did I get the part? | 我得到角色了吗 |
[26:08] | We haven’t decided. | 我们还没决定 |
[26:13] | Verna? | 维娜 |
[26:16] | Her purse is gone. They must be at the park. | 她的钱包不在 她们一定去公园了 |
[26:18] | You should ice that hand. | 你应该用冰敷一下手 |
[26:19] | No, this was a bad idea. I really should get going. | 不 这样不好 我真的该走了 |
[26:22] | It was a wonderful idea. | 这样很好啊 |
[26:23] | Tammy would love to see you by surprise. | 塔米意外见到你会很高兴的 |
[26:28] | Why did you only apply to one school? | 你为什么只申请了一所学校 |
[26:31] | I had a back up, but… | 我原本有一所后备学校 但是… |
[26:35] | I shouldn’t tell you this. | 我不该告诉你这事 |
[26:39] | You can tell me. | 你可以告诉我的 |
[26:42] | Well, the head of admissions was a little fresh with me. | 那里的招生主任对我有点无礼 |
[26:47] | What school? | 哪所学校 |
[26:49] | Peter, you can’t punch everyone. | 皮特 你不能去揍每个人 |
[26:53] | Maybe I should’ve never left the city. | 也许我就不该离开城市 |
[26:55] | The city’s become a toilet. | 城市现在都成厕所了 |
[26:57] | Well, it’s difficult out here. | 在郊外很艰难 |
[26:59] | I don’t have a lot of friends. | 我没多少朋友 |
[27:01] | I don’t believe that. | 我才不信 |
[27:03] | It’s the husbands. | 都怪那些丈夫 |
[27:05] | I don’t want to hear this. | 我不想听这事 |
[27:06] | Every time I want to do something– | 每次我想去做点什么 |
[27:07] | go into town, any social event– | 进城 参加任何社交活动 |
[27:09] | they won’t leave me alone. | 他们都围着我转 |
[27:13] | Then I think, “Who am I kidding? | 然后我想 何必自欺欺人 |
[27:16] | In 10 years, everyone will leave me alone.” | 再过十年 没人再会围着我转了 |
[27:20] | That is not true. | 才不是那样呢 |
[27:22] | You’re ageless. | 你青春永驻 |
[27:26] | I’m feeling sorry for myself. | 我为自己感到难过 |
[27:29] | This has been an ordeal. | 这真是太折磨人了 |
[27:32] | I’ll solve the school problem in 30 days. | 我会在30天内解决学校的问题 |
[27:34] | All it requires is a check. | 只用一张支票就够了 |
[27:35] | Tell Tammy I love her. | 告诉塔米我爱她 |
[27:37] | You never take no for an answer. | 你永远不会屈服 |
[27:43] | – Actually, can I use your phone? – Yes, of course. | -实际上 我能用你的电话吗 -当然了 |
[27:50] | – Where’s Pete? – He may be meeting us there. | -皮特呢 -他也许在里面和我们会合 |
[27:54] | Good, I made it. | 太好了 我赶上了 |
[27:55] | – You need anything? – Not now. | -你需要什么吗 -现在不要了 |
[27:57] | I just talked Secor Laxatives into joining us. | 我刚才说服了赛可通便剂加入我们 |
[28:02] | – Go ahead. – Were they difficult to move? | -说吧 -他们很难说服吗 |
[28:04] | All I had to do was not make that joke. | 我只要不开那个玩笑就行 |
[28:06] | Shall we? | 请吧 |
[28:18] | Hello, Susie’s office. How may I help you? | 喂 苏西的办公室 有什么能帮您的 |
[28:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:23] | We got three boys, three girls. | 现在有3个男孩 3个女孩 |
[28:25] | – Top picks. – She has a lisp. | -最佳人选 -她口齿不清 |
[28:29] | Lisps are cute. | 口齿不清很可爱 |
[28:31] | We could pluck that eyebrow. | 我们可以把那眉毛拔了 |
[28:33] | You know what? I don’t care. You decide. | 你猜怎么着 我不在乎 你选吧 |
[28:38] | I know you don’t mean that. | 我知道你言不由衷 |
[28:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:47] | You can’t tell anyone. | 你不能对任何人说 |
[28:49] | You can’t even tell Elaine. | 连艾琳都不能说 |
[28:50] | That won’t be a problem. | 不存在这个问题 |
[28:52] | – Why? – What is it? | -为什么 -到底什么事 |
[28:55] | McCann’s taking over the agency. | 麦肯公司要吞并我们了 |
[28:59] | We’re moving over there. | 我们要搬到那里去 |
[29:01] | – Jesus, to McCann? – Shh. | -天呐 去麦肯公司吗 -嘘 |
[29:05] | – What happened? – I stapled my thumb. | -怎么了 -我订着了大拇指 |
[29:07] | Oh, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[29:10] | I know it hurts. It happens all the time. | 我知道很疼 但这种事也经常发生的 |
[29:12] | Oh, great. Go get some ice. | 真好 去拿点冰 |
[29:14] | – You get ice, I’ll pull out the staple. – No. | -你去拿冰 我把订书针拔出来 -不 |
[29:16] | Oh, here she is. | 她在这里 |
[29:19] | It was an accident. | 这是个意外 |
[29:21] | – What is going on? – I’ll get the first aid kit. | -发生了什么 -我去拿急救箱 |
[29:24] | She stapled her finger. | 她玩订书机把手指钉了 |
[29:26] | Susie Q, let mommy see. | 小苏西 让妈妈看看 |
[29:29] | – Very sorry. – We’re going to the emergency room. | -真抱歉 -我们要去急诊室 |
[29:33] | It’s not that bad. | 没那么严重 |
[29:35] | You shouldn’t let a child play with dangerous things. | 你们不该让小孩玩危险的东西 |
[29:38] | You shouldn’t have abandoned her in a midtown office building. | 你不该把她丢在市中心的办公大楼里 |
[29:42] | It’s nobody’s fault. | 这不是任何人的错 |
[29:44] | I had to go pick up my son | 我不得不去接我儿子 |
[29:45] | because your audition ran two hours late. | 因为你们的试镜延长了两个小时 |
[29:47] | So you just left an eight year old at a job interview? | 那你就把8岁的小孩留在面试场吗 |
[29:50] | This is her favorite thing. She loves it. | 这是她的最爱 她非常喜欢这里 |
[29:53] | – And I bet you love cashing her checks. – Peggy. | -你也一定很喜欢花她赚的钱吧 -佩奇 |
[29:55] | You do what you want with your children, | 你想怎么对待你的孩子是你的事 |
[29:57] | I do what I want with mine. | 我的孩子一切由我说了算 |
[30:05] | How the hell did that turn into that? | 怎么会演变成刚刚那种闹剧啊 |
[30:08] | Fuck her. | 去她妈的 |
[30:11] | I know you got other things on your mind, but– | 我知道你在为其他的事烦心 但是… |
[30:13] | Let’s just get back to work. | 我们继续工作吧 |
[30:18] | Sure. | 好的 |
[30:31] | I’m sorry to have kept you waiting, | 很抱歉让你们等这么久 |
[30:33] | but you’re 20 minutes early. | 不过是你们早到了20分钟啊 |
[30:34] | We just wanted to get everything ready. | 我们只是想先准备好一切 |
[30:37] | For what? | 为什么事 |
[30:38] | Gentlemen, would you please have a seat? | 先生们 能请你们先坐下吗 |
[30:46] | You see that? | 你瞧见了吗 |
[30:48] | We could use some manners around here. | 我们这里也需要一些规矩礼仪 |
[30:51] | I don’t know about that, | 我看这也不好说 |
[30:51] | but we are here to discuss | 但我们这是要讨论 |
[30:52] | everything we can add to McCann-Erickson. | 我们能为麦肯公司增加的一切价值 |
[30:55] | – So are we. – Go on. | -我们也是 -请继续 |
[30:59] | Our agencies compliment each other in so many ways. | 我们两家公司在很多方面都可以互为对方锦上添花 |
[31:01] | But as we considered this union, | 但是考虑到此次的合并 |
[31:05] | we were alarmed at how much business | 我们发现 鉴于不能出现同类客户冲突 |
[31:06] | we would all be giving up due to conflicts. | 我们都得放弃很多的客户 |
[31:09] | There will be casualties. | 的确会有一些损失 |
[31:11] | Sunkist Orange Juice, Burger Chef, Secor Laxatives, | 新奇士橙汁 汉堡大厨 赛可通便剂 |
[31:13] | and Tinker Bell Cookies cannot come along. | 叮当仙子曲奇没办法带过去 |
[31:15] | $18 million in billings. | 单子总价值达到1800万 |
[31:20] | But what if we could service those clients | 但如果我们通过SC&P西部分公司 |
[31:23] | from the modest offices of SC&P West? | 继续为这些客户提供服务呢 |
[31:32] | The best part is | 最好的一点就在于 |
[31:32] | we’d still be available to you in any capacity you wish. | 我们依然可以最大限度地去为你们做贡献 |
[31:38] | 斯特林&库珀西部公司 麦肯广告的分公司 | |
[31:41] | California. | 加州 |
[31:43] | It’s a gold rush out there. | 那里现在就像淘金热浪潮一样 |
[31:44] | In fact, we’ve made several– | 实际上 我们已经取得了… |
[31:46] | Don. Don. | 唐 唐 |
[31:48] | Don, stop. This isn’t necessary. | 唐 打住 没这个必要 |
[31:51] | Jim, would you let him finish? | 吉姆 不如先听他说完吧 |
[31:56] | – Can you give us a minute? – Yes, absolutely. | -你能先回避下吗 -好的 当然可以 |
[31:58] | – Do you want this? – No. | -你想要这个吗 -不用 |
[32:08] | This is $275,000 in profit. | 这个收益可以达到27.5万美元 |
[32:11] | All cost covered that you don’t have to lift a finger to earn. | 花费都已经除掉了 你只需要坐等收钱 |
[32:14] | Don, sit down. Please. | 唐 坐下吧 拜托 |
[32:30] | I’m sick about the way this was handled. | 我也很不喜欢现在发生的这事 |
[32:33] | It made the whole thing look very capricious. | 那让一切显得很变化无常 |
[32:35] | I assure you, it wasn’t. | 我向你保证 事实并非如此 |
[32:38] | And you have to believe me | 你们必须相信我 |
[32:39] | when I say we’re rolling out the red carpet. | 我们正在展开一条通向成功的道路 |
[32:41] | We’re very excited about this. | 我们对此感到很激动 |
[32:43] | You can understand our attachment to our clients. | 你可以理解我们和客户之间深厚的感情吧 |
[32:46] | And our name. | 以及我们的公司品牌 |
[32:47] | I don’t think you understand what’s happened. | 我觉得你们并不明白当前的情况 |
[32:50] | It’s done. | 一切已成定局 |
[32:52] | You passed the test. | 你们通过了考验 |
[32:58] | You are getting five of the most coveted jobs in advertising. | 你们将获得广告界最被人垂涎的5个高层职位 |
[33:01] | And all the resources that go with it. | 以及随之而来的各种资源 |
[33:04] | Travel, adventure. | 旅行 探险 |
[33:06] | An international presence. | 在国际上露面的机会 |
[33:10] | I shouldn’t have to sell you on this. | 我本不需要来劝服你们的 |
[33:13] | You are dying and going to advertising heaven. | 你们虽然要死了 但进的是广告界的天堂 |
[33:18] | Buick. | 别克汽车 |
[33:22] | Ortho Pharmaceutical. | 奥托药业 |
[33:28] | Nabisco. | 纳贝斯克食品 |
[33:36] | Coca-Cola. | 可口可乐 |
[33:48] | Stop struggling. | 别再挣扎了 |
[33:50] | You won. | 赢的人是你们 |
[33:59] | Take the rest of the day off. | 今天就不用继续上班了 |
[34:01] | Pop some champagne. | 开瓶香槟庆祝下吧 |
[34:20] | I feel like I should make a toast. | 我觉得我该说几句祝酒词 |
[34:23] | Again? | 又来吗 |
[34:24] | Well, we didn’t drink to Cooper. | 我们没为库珀喝一杯呢 |
[34:31] | Glad he missed it. | 我很高兴他错过了 |
[34:41] | Well, I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[34:43] | Kevin can wait. We should get dinner. | 可以让凯文再等等 我们该吃个晚餐 |
[34:45] | I have plans. | 我已经有应酬了 |
[34:47] | Come back after. | 应酬完了再来吧 |
[34:54] | Actually, I’ll drop you off. I should call Trudy. | 我顺道送你吧 我该给特鲁迪打个电话 |
[34:57] | She had quite a day as well. | 她今天过得也很不顺 |
[35:04] | We went down swinging. | 我们拼尽全力去拯救了 |
[35:09] | Don’t be a baby. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 别像个孩子一样 明天见 |
[35:19] | I’m going to get another round. | 我要再去叫一轮酒 |
[35:20] | This is my last one. | 我就喝这最后一杯了 |
[35:23] | I have a date. | 我还有约会 |
[35:28] | You never worked at a place this size, have you? | 你从没在那么大的公司工作过 对吧 |
[35:30] | It’s got a lot of advantages. | 会有很多冒险经历的 |
[35:31] | You never saw the old Sterling Cooper. | 你是没见过老斯特林&库珀公司 |
[35:33] | – It was mammoth. – Not like this. | -也很庞大的 -没麦肯那么大 |
[35:36] | You’re happy about it. | 你对此感到很高兴 |
[35:38] | That’s okay, I understand. | 没关系的 我理解 |
[35:41] | I’m relieved. | 我感到如释重负 |
[35:42] | I’m ready to let someone else drive for a while. | 我短期内不想再做领导人了 交给别人操心吧 |
[35:46] | I’d like to make a toast to Lou Avery. | 我想敬卢·艾弗里一杯 |
[35:50] | The Japs are going to eat him alive. | 那些日本佬会把他生吞活剥的 |
[35:58] | What a disaster. | 真是场大灾难 |
[36:01] | Come on, Joan. | 别这样 琼 |
[36:02] | I need you to be the voice of the bright side. | 我需要你代表光明向上的一面 |
[36:06] | Hobart listed off accounts for everyone but me. | 霍巴特列好了给每个人的客户 就是没有我 |
[36:11] | Put you on Ortho Pharmaceutical. | 他让你负责奥托药业了啊 |
[36:13] | No. | 没有 |
[36:15] | And I wouldn’t count on anything he said. | 而且我觉得他说的话根本靠不住 |
[36:21] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[36:23] | For the first time, | 有史以来第一次 |
[36:24] | I feel like whatever happens is supposed to happen. | 我竟觉得无论发生什么事都是注定的 |
[36:27] | That’s nice. | 那也挺好 |
[36:30] | That’s what you should’ve said. | 这话该从你口中说出来才对 |
[36:32] | Well, we both know | 我们都知道 |
[36:34] | they’re never going to take me seriously over there. | 那边永远都不会把我当回事的 |
[36:38] | They don’t know who they’re dealing with. | 他们不知道他们面对的是怎样一个人 |
[36:55] | I can’t do any work. | 我什么工作都做不出来 |
[36:59] | Look, I’ve hunted for a job before, | 听着 我以前也找过工作 |
[37:01] | and I may not have to, | 我这次或许不用重新找 |
[37:02] | but I appreciate the warning. | 但依然感激你对我透露了消息 |
[37:04] | No, I keep thinking about that woman. | 不是 我是老想着那个女人 |
[37:07] | Her kid got hurt. She felt guilty. | 她孩子受伤了 她感到愧疚 |
[37:09] | I know what she felt. | 我明白她的感觉 |
[37:11] | I understand the entire psychological situation. | 我理解那整个心理感受 |
[37:14] | She shouldn’t have talked to me that way. | 但她不该那样跟我说话的 |
[37:17] | She shouldn’t have kids. | 她就不该生孩子的 |
[37:18] | That’s not for you to say. | 你没资格决定 |
[37:20] | Ah, Jesus, I can’t even agree with you. | 天啊 我连赞同你的意见都不行了 |
[37:25] | I don’t hate kids. | 我并不讨厌小孩 |
[37:28] | Look, you got to a certain point in your life | 听我说 你到了人生中的某个阶段 |
[37:32] | and it didn’t happen. | 但是却没有孩子 |
[37:33] | I understand you’re angry about it, | 我明白你对此感到很愤怒 |
[37:35] | but you’ve got a lot of other things. | 但你还有其他很多东西啊 |
[37:38] | – Don’t do that. – I mean it. | -别这样 -我说真的 |
[37:39] | You couldn’t have done all you’ve done otherwise. | 如果你有孩子 就不可能取得如今的成就了 |
[37:42] | I guess that’s the secret to your spectacular career? | 看来那就是你铸就辉煌事业的成功秘诀吧 |
[37:44] | The fact that you don’t have kids? | 就因为你没有孩子 |
[37:46] | Not that I know of. | 据我所知是没有 |
[37:48] | That’s funny to you. | 那还真是挺好笑的 |
[37:49] | Because it wouldn’t matter if you did. You can walk away. | 因为就算你知道也没有区别 你会抛弃孩子走人的 |
[37:52] | I would never do that. | 我永远都不会干那种事的 |
[37:54] | But you may not even know. | 但你或许都不知道你有个孩子 |
[37:55] | That’s what you said. | 你刚刚自己说的 |
[37:59] | It’s been a long day. | 今天太多烦心事了 |
[38:02] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[38:05] | I didn’t mean to judge her. | 我并不是有意评判她的 |
[38:06] | But you did and you don’t understand it at all. | 但你评判了 而且你根本一点都不理解 |
[38:09] | I had a mother. And she wasn’t great. | 我至少有个妈 她当母亲很差劲 |
[38:12] | And I don’t know that she wanted me, | 我也不知道她当初是否真的想要我 |
[38:13] | so I understand something. | 所以我还是理解一些事的 |
[38:15] | But you don’t understand your mother. | 但你根本不理解你母亲 |
[38:17] | Well, maybe I don’t want to. | 或许我根本不想去理解呢 |
[38:19] | Maybe she was very young. | 或许她怀你的时候太过年轻 |
[38:21] | And followed her heart and got in trouble. | 顺从内心的感受做事 结果遭遇了麻烦 |
[38:24] | And no one should have to make a mistake | 不能因为犯了个错误 |
[38:26] | just like a man does and not be able to move on. | 就永远栽在那里无法前进 男人也会犯错的 |
[38:29] | She should be able to live | 她该像男人一样 |
[38:30] | the rest of her life just like a man does. | 爬起来继续好好过完余下的人生 |
[38:41] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[38:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:48] | Maybe you do what you thought was the best thing. | 或许你会去做你当时以为的最好的选择 |
[38:58] | What did you do? | 你是怎么做的 |
[39:07] | I’m– | 我… |
[39:11] | I’m here. | 我现在在这里 |
[39:16] | And… | 并且 |
[39:22] | He’s with a family somewhere. | 他现在在某个地方有家人照料着 |
[39:32] | I don’t know, | 我也说不清 |
[39:33] | but it’s not because I don’t care. | 但那并不是因为我不在乎 |
[39:38] | I don’t know because you’re not supposed to know. | 我不知道是因为本就不该知道 |
[39:43] | Or you can’t go on with your life. | 否则你就无法继续自己的人生了 |
[39:53] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know that. | 我很抱歉 我之前不知道这事 |
[40:02] | You don’t know lots of things about lots of people. | 关于很多人的很多事 你都不知道 |
[40:04] | That’s the point. | 那就是关键所在 |
[40:11] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是的 |
[40:15] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[40:17] | I have work to do. | 我还有工作要做 |
[40:28] | You know, I made a deal with God that if this worked out, | 我向上帝祈愿 如果这事能成 |
[40:33] | I would give up smoking. | 我就从此戒烟 |
[40:35] | Message received. | 明白您的意思了 |
[40:38] | You’re a young man with an incredible future ahead of you. | 你是个年轻人 前方有大好的未来等着你 |
[40:45] | No more Sterling Cooper | 再也没有斯特林&库珀公司了 |
[40:47] | and no more Sterlings. | 再也没有斯特林家族的人了 |
[40:49] | Margaret is the only daughter of an only son of an only son. | 我和我父亲都是单传 玛格丽特又是女儿身 |
[40:54] | All that’s left is a mausoleum at Greenwood. | 只剩下格林伍德阴森森的坟墓 |
[40:58] | What’s in a name? | 名声有何意义呢 |
[41:01] | Every copywriter thinks they’re Shakespeare. | 每个文案都觉得自己是大文豪莎士比亚 |
[41:04] | It’s something to aspire to. | 那是一种远大的志向 |
[41:07] | I always envied that. | 我一直很羡慕这一点 |
[41:09] | The way you’re always reaching. | 你总是在不断达到新的目标 |
[41:11] | I always envied you didn’t have to. | 我一直很羡慕你都不用去努力达到目标 |
[41:14] | In another lifetime, I’d have been your chauffeur. | 放在以前 我可能只能做你的司机 |
[41:17] | Then you would’ve been screwing my grandmother. | 那你就会跟我奶奶上床了 |
[41:20] | – Do you have somewhere to be? – I’m afraid so. | -你要去什么地方吗 -恐怕是的 |
[41:23] | Tell her to join us. | 让她跟我们一起啊 |
[41:25] | She wouldn’t like it. | 她不会喜欢的 |
[41:27] | You wouldn’t like it. | 你也不会喜欢的 |
[41:30] | Now I’ve got to meet her. | 这下我一定得会会她了 |
[41:33] | You have. | 你早见过了 |
[41:36] | It’s Marie. | 就是玛莉 |
[41:38] | Marie Calvet. | 玛莉·卡维特 |
[41:43] | You’re serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[41:45] | Guess I should’ve asked your permission. | 看来我该先征求你的许可才对啊 |
[41:48] | Just warn me before you tell Megan. | 在你告诉梅根之前先提醒我一声啊 |
[41:49] | – I want to leave the country. – She knows. | -我想先逃出国 -她已经知道了 |
[41:54] | Then why didn’t you tell me? | 那你为什么之前不告诉我啊 |
[41:56] | I wanted to make sure it wasn’t going away. | 我想确保这事稳定了再说 |
[42:00] | She’s crazy, you know? | 你知道她很疯狂的吧 |
[42:02] | When I married my secretary, | 我当年娶了我的秘书时 |
[42:04] | you were hard on me. | 你对我各种批评指责 |
[42:06] | And then you went and did the same thing. | 然后你也娶了你的秘书 |
[42:11] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[42:12] | For the second time today, I surrender. | 我今天第二次投降吧 |
[42:15] | – I’m happy for you. – Thank you. | -我为你感到高兴 -谢谢 |
[42:21] | You are okay. | 你会没事的 |
[42:50] | Can I help you? | 你有什么事吗 |
[42:52] | I’m sorry. I must have the wrong apartment. | 抱歉 我肯定是找错门了 |
[42:56] | Kenneth, do you know this guy? | 肯尼斯 你认识这个人吗 |
[42:59] | I’ve never seen him before. I swear. | 我从未见过他 我发誓 |
[43:02] | No, I was looking for Diana Baur. She used to live here. | 不 我是要找黛安娜·鲍尔 她以前住在这里的 |
[43:06] | Oh. Well, we just moved in. | 我们才刚搬进来的 |
[43:09] | Do you know how to reach her? | 你知道怎么联系她吗 |
[43:11] | She left her furniture. The manager told us to sell it. | 她只留下了家具 管理人让我们自行卖掉 |
[43:16] | Sorry to bother you. | 很抱歉打扰了 |
[43:17] | You want another drink? | 你想进来喝一杯吗 |
[43:27] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[43:31] | What did Caroline say? | 卡罗琳是怎么说的 |
[43:33] | They’re making lists. | 他们正在列清单 |
[43:35] | Somebody’s not going. | 有的人不去 |
[43:37] | The last thing they need is another office manager. | 他们最不需要的就是多一位办公室主管了 |
[43:39] | Or another black girl. | 或是多一个黑人姑娘 |
[43:41] | I’m Roger Sterling’s second secretary. | 我是罗杰·斯特林的第二秘书 |
[43:43] | Caroline’s going to elbow me out the window. | 卡罗琳会抢走我的一切机会 |
[43:46] | What are you talking about? | 你们在聊些什么呢 |
[43:48] | My goodness, Meredith. | 天啊 梅瑞迪斯 |
[43:50] | We should put a bell on you. | 我们真该在你脖子上系个铃铛的 |
[43:55] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[44:00] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[44:01] | There are rumors flying like bats around here. | 整个公司到处是各种流言 |
[44:05] | What have you heard? | 你听说什么了 |
[44:06] | Nothing from you. | 反正你什么都没跟我说 |
[44:08] | Are we going to McCann and am I going with you? | 我们要去麦肯公司吗 我会和你一起去吗 |
[44:12] | Meredith, sweetheart– | 梅瑞迪斯 亲爱的 |
[44:13] | Don’t “Sweetheart” Me. | 别跟我来”亲爱的”这一套 |
[44:16] | In a month, you’re not going to have an office | 一个月后 你办公室就没有了 |
[44:18] | and you’re not going to have an apartment. | 连公寓也没有了 |
[44:20] | Do you want to lose me, too? | 你想连我也失去吗 |
[44:22] | I was going to tell you today. | 我原本打算今天就告诉你的 |
[44:24] | You are coming with me if you want to go. | 如果你愿意 就跟我一起过去吧 |
[44:28] | Now, can I get some Alka-Seltzer? | 现在 可以给我拿一些养胃片吗 |
[44:29] | No. It is not a normal day. | 不行 今天不正常 |
[44:33] | Everyone’s living in a fright. | 大家都处于惊恐当中 |
[44:37] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[44:39] | Get Mr. Sterling on the line. | 帮我拨通斯特林先生的电话 |
[44:47] | Marsha. | 玛莎 |
[44:53] | – This is Peggy. – It’s me. | -我是佩奇 -是我 |
[44:56] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿 |
[44:58] | Locked in my office. | 锁在我的办公室里 |
[44:59] | Bourbon with my breakfast. | 用波旁酒配早餐 |
[45:03] | Did you figure out what you’re going to do? | 你想好要怎么做了吗 |
[45:06] | I’m going to McCann. | 我打算去麦肯公司 |
[45:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[45:11] | And you can too if you want. | 如果你想过去也可以过去 |
[45:15] | You think I should? | 你觉得我该过去吗 |
[45:17] | Everything’s going to be fine. | 一切都会没事的 |
[45:22] | I’m so dumb, I believe you. | 我真是太蠢了 我信你 |
[45:26] | Stay on the phone, will you? | 别挂电话 好吗 |
[45:28] | Sure. | 好的 |
[45:39] | Can I have your attention, everyone? | 能请大家听我说几句吗 |
[45:42] | Some of you may have heard already, | 你们当中某些人或许已经听说了 |
[45:44] | but we’re proud to announce that Sterling Cooper & Partners | 但我们很骄傲地宣布SC&P公司 |
[45:47] | will be moving to McCann-Erickson. | 将会转到麦肯广告公司去 |
[45:52] | Now our president, Roger Sterling, | 本公司总裁 罗杰·斯特林先生 |
[45:54] | would like to say a word. | 想说几句话 |
[45:56] | We know this news may come as a surprise, | 我们知道这消息在大家听来可能有点吃惊 |
[45:58] | but McCann has assured us | 但麦肯公司已经向我们保证了 |
[46:00] | the transition will be as smooth as possible. | 整个转接过程会尽量平稳 |
[46:08] | They’ve already set aside room for us. | 他们已经为我们准备了单独的办公空间 |
[46:15] | This is good news. | 这是好消息啊 |
[46:19] | We didn’t do this. | 这不是我们干的 |
[46:26] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[46:27] | This is the beginning of something… | 这是一个新纪元的开始 |
[46:31] | not the end. | 不是终结 |