时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:22] | I need your license and registration | 请出示驾照和行驶证 |
[01:24] | and I need to know what you were doing. | 告诉我你刚刚是在干什么 |
[01:26] | I’m driving. | 我在开车 |
[01:28] | Don’t get smart with me. | 别跟我耍小聪明 |
[01:30] | We’ve been looking for you. | 我们一直在到处找你 |
[01:33] | There’s been a mistake. | 这是个误会 |
[01:37] | You knew we’d catch up with you eventually. | 你知道我们总会抓到你的 |
[01:57] | I can’t find any baking soda. | 我找不到小苏打 |
[01:59] | We’re gonna have to make do with Colgate. | 只能用高露洁牙膏了 |
[02:01] | On my arm? | 涂在胳膊上吗 |
[02:05] | Well, you’re back early. | 你们提前回来了 |
[02:06] | Well, we had to skip lunch. | 我们没吃午餐 |
[02:09] | – Hello, Sherry. – Hello. | -你好 雪丽 -你好 |
[02:11] | I got stinged. | 我被蜇了 |
[02:13] | Oh, sweetheart. | 哎呀小宝贝 |
[02:16] | We were up at Lyman Orchards. It’s mostly bees. | 我们去了莱曼果园 那里到处都是蜜蜂 |
[02:19] | Daddy put toothpaste on it. | 爸爸给我抹了牙膏 |
[02:21] | Yes, and you’re no worse for wear. | 是的 你现在又好好的了 |
[02:23] | Not allergic, thankfully. | 幸好她不过敏 |
[02:24] | I’m terribly so. | 我过敏很严重 |
[02:27] | I have an hour. | 我还有一个小时 |
[02:28] | I suppose we could still grab lunch. | 我想我们可以去吃个午餐 |
[02:30] | No, this is fine. She should probably rest. | 不 不用了 她该休息一下 |
[02:33] | I’ll see you Thursday, Wonder Woman. | 我们星期四见 神奇小女侠 |
[02:34] | We’ll go to Friendly’s. | 到时我们去弗兰德利餐厅 |
[02:41] | Well, I’m off. | 那我走了 |
[02:48] | Go inside and lay down, sweetheart. | 进屋去躺着 宝贝 |
[02:52] | Every time Bill has the kids, | 每次比尔带孩子 |
[02:54] | something terrible happens. | 都会发生糟糕的事 |
[02:57] | The incredible thing is I make her lunch, | 令人难以置信的是 我给她做饭 |
[03:00] | I take her to school, I read to her every night, | 送她去上学 每晚给她读故事 |
[03:03] | and he spends Sunday and Thursday night with her | 他只是星期日和星期四晚上陪陪她 |
[03:05] | and that’s all I hear about. | 然而她心心念念的全是他 |
[03:06] | Well, I admire you. | 我很钦佩你 |
[03:09] | Are you trying to get me to make you lunch? | 你是想说好话哄我给你做午饭吧 |
[03:11] | No, I think it’s admirable | 不 我觉得你很了不起 |
[03:12] | that you haven’t poisoned her against him. | 你还没有对女儿说他的坏话 |
[03:15] | I don’t know if I could have that restraint. | 我不确定自己有没有那样的克制力 |
[03:18] | Yes, you would. | 你肯定也会的 |
[03:19] | Because you’d be concerned about your child | 因为你会关心孩子的需求 |
[03:21] | and do your best to forget things. | 并且尽最大努力去忘掉一些事 |
[03:24] | And not expect your friends to remind you all the time. | 也期望朋友们不要总是提醒你离婚的事 |
[03:28] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[03:30] | That is not what I was trying to say. | 我并不是那个意思 |
[03:34] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:39] | Would you like some of these? | 要吃这个吗 |
[03:42] | So what happened to field hockey? | 曲棍球怎么了 |
[03:44] | If I’m on the yearbook, I won’t be a benchwarmer. | 如果我要上年鉴 就不能被列为替补球员 |
[03:47] | Well, can you quit | 你下次能不能 |
[03:48] | before I buy you cleats and a stick next time? | 在我给你买钉鞋和球棍之前退出 |
[03:50] | I’m going to sell everything. | 我会把那些都卖了 |
[03:52] | You know how much Madrid’s going to cost? | 你知道去马德里要花多少钱吗 |
[03:54] | I’m not gonna back out of that. | 那个我是不会退出的 |
[03:56] | I want to go to Spain. | 我想去西班牙 |
[03:58] | I want to go to Spain. | 我也想去西班牙 |
[04:00] | You think it’ll be more interesting than Wyoming? | 你觉得那里会比怀俄明州好玩吗 |
[04:04] | I don’t know. Wyoming had a two-headed cow. | 我不知道 怀俄明州有双头牛哦 |
[04:06] | You’ll see it on the postcard. | 你会在明信片上看到的 |
[04:09] | So where’s next? | 下一站去哪里 |
[04:11] | Well, I’m in Kansas right now. | 我现在在堪萨斯州 |
[04:15] | I’m going to take Route 35. | 我会走35号公路 |
[04:18] | Then over on 40. | 开上40号公路 |
[04:21] | Then 89 to the Grand Canyon. | 然后沿着89号公路开往大峡谷 |
[04:23] | I feel like I’m sitting right next to you. | 我感觉自己仿佛就坐在你旁边 |
[04:28] | Is it cold yet? | 天气转凉了吗 |
[04:30] | A little. I wouldn’t rush home. | 有一点 换我就不会急着回家 |
[04:33] | Well, I want to get your brothers before they go to sleep. | 我想趁你弟弟们睡觉前打给他们 |
[04:35] | I’ll call you next week. | 我下个星期再打给你 |
[04:37] | I really want you to sell that equipment. | 我真的希望你把曲棍球用具卖掉 |
[04:39] | You have no idea about money. | 你真是不懂心疼钱 |
[04:40] | I will. Bye. | 我会的 再见 |
[04:43] | Bye, sweetheart. | 再见 宝贝 |
[04:58] | Are you lost? | 你是迷路了吗 |
[05:00] | No, I’m a student here. | 没有 我是这里的学生 |
[05:04] | Well, see you around. | 那回头见 |
[05:12] | Give her some room. | 给她留点空间 |
[05:15] | You okay, lady? | 你没事吧 女士 |
[05:17] | Just my pride. New shoes. | 就是有点丢人 新鞋不合脚 |
[05:22] | I think I need a minute. | 我想我需要点时间 |
[05:29] | Duck, how are you? | 达克 你好吗 |
[05:31] | Fit as a fiddle, thank you. | 非常好 谢谢 |
[05:36] | 28th? That’s top brass. | 去28层吗 那可是高层们的地盘 |
[05:38] | Actually, it’s none of your business. | 实际上 不关你的事 |
[05:40] | Don’t be coy. | 别装了 |
[05:42] | You’re helping them replace Don, aren’t you? | 你在帮他们找接替唐的人 是吧 |
[05:44] | I’ve done it before. | 我以前就做过这事 |
[05:56] | Is it true he left behind a couple million bucks? | 他真的扔下几百万美元走人了吗 |
[06:00] | Nice to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[06:02] | Actually, let me ask you something. | 实际上 我有事要问你 |
[06:05] | Morning, John Norm. | 早上好 约翰 诺姆 |
[06:07] | One month and you’re already the mayor. | 才过了一个月 你就成了这里的红人 |
[06:08] | They’ve been very hospitable. | 他们都很热情友好 |
[06:10] | Of course I delivered everyone. | 当然了 我拯救了所有人 |
[06:11] | I even brought Burger Chef back. | 我甚至把汉堡大厨都赢回来了 |
[06:14] | And after Joan cashed in, I saved Avon. | 琼拿了钱走人以后 我救下了雅芳 |
[06:16] | There have been whispers about Coca-Cola. | 我甚至可能会负责可口可乐 |
[06:17] | No need to impress me. | 你没必要给我留下好印象 |
[06:20] | What do you want? | 你到底想怎么样 |
[06:22] | Not here. | 不方便在这儿说 |
[06:26] | This will just take a moment, Sarah. | 我们一会儿就谈完 莎拉 |
[06:31] | You can’t be in here. | 你不能进来的 |
[06:31] | Everyone’s going to think I’m looking for a job. | 外人会以为我想跳槽了 |
[06:35] | You mind? | 介意我来一杯吗 |
[06:37] | They should always think you’re unhappy. | 他们就是应该觉得你干得不开心 |
[06:39] | You’re wrong. And for the first time, they don’t. | 你错了 而且这是他们头一次不那么想 |
[06:42] | Now go outside and tell everyone | 现在出去 告诉所有人 |
[06:43] | you staggered into the wrong office. | 你进错办公室了 |
[06:45] | They’ll believe you. | 大家会相信你的 |
[06:46] | Look, this isn’t about you. | 我来不是因为你的事 |
[06:50] | I’ve been trying to get this private aviation company | 我一直在努力争取一家私人航空公司 |
[06:52] | to have me do all their hiring. | 请我做他们的独家猎头 |
[06:53] | But before any of that happens, | 但在那成为现实之前 |
[06:55] | they want to review their overall strategy. | 他们想要回顾公司的整体战略 |
[06:57] | So I want you to go to dinner and recommend | 我想要你跟他们吃个晚餐 建议他们 |
[06:59] | that they hire an in-house senior marketing man. | 请一位内部高级市场营销专员 |
[07:01] | And I’m the guy to find him. | 而我会帮他们物色人选 |
[07:03] | Because you’re the best? | 因为你是最棒的猎头吗 |
[07:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:06] | And then you can extoll | 然后你可以向他们宣传 |
[07:07] | the wonders of McCann. | 麦肯公司的奇妙之处 |
[07:08] | Everybody wins. | 大家都是赢家 |
[07:09] | I don’t need to poach. | 我不需要偷别人的客户 |
[07:11] | You know, I helped you for free after that stupid merger. | 那场并购之后我无偿帮了你的忙 |
[07:13] | And then you sent Peggy to | 然后你却在佩奇找猎头时 |
[07:14] | Gerald what’s-his-name when she was in need. | 把她介绍给那个叫什么杰拉德的家伙 |
[07:17] | This is how I make my living, Pete. | 这是我的饭碗 皮特 |
[07:18] | I’ve paid you at some point. | 我付过钱给你的 |
[07:20] | You’d want this business | 如果你知道你在广告界混不下去 |
[07:21] | if you knew you couldn’t have it. | 你也会想要这份工作的 |
[07:23] | Learjet is private, luxury air travel. | 里尔喷射机主营私人奢华空中旅 |
[07:30] | Look, Pete, I just have to fill this one position | 听我说 皮特 我只需要这一笔生意 |
[07:33] | and I’ll make it through the winter. | 就能赚够钱过冬了 |
[07:35] | For old times’ sake. | 看在我们老交情的份上 |
[07:40] | Fine. Who is he? | 好吧 那人是谁 |
[07:42] | His name is Mike Sherman and | 他叫麦克·希尔曼 |
[07:43] | he moved to Wichita from Philly four years ago. | 4年前从费城搬到维契托市 |
[07:45] | Princeton ’52. | 普林斯顿大学52年毕业生 |
[07:46] | You should have a lot in common. | 你们会有很多共同话题的 |
[07:48] | I’m Dartmouth ’56. | 我是达特茅斯学院56年毕业生 |
[07:49] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[07:51] | Don’t pretend like you’re not gonna jack each other off. | 别装的好像你们不会互相吹捧获得快感似的 |
[07:54] | – Sarah. – Yes, Mr. Campbell? | -莎拉 -什么事 坎贝尔先生 |
[07:57] | Would you remind me that i need to make a donation to Lincoln Center? | 可以提醒我给林肯中心捐一笔钱吗 |
[08:00] | Mr. Phillips was very persuasive. | 菲利普斯先生很有说服力 |
[08:02] | Thank you for your generosity. | 谢谢您的慷慨捐赠 |
[08:10] | KOMA, fun-loving 1520. | KOMA 乐享1520电台 |
[08:13] | The capital radio for the capital city, | 首都首屈一指的广播电台 |
[08:15] | Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. | 俄克拉荷马州 俄克拉荷马城 |
[08:22] | Shit. | 该死 |
[08:27] | Look for clear skies with a high temperature today of 75. | 今日最高气温75华氏度 晴空万里 |
[08:31] | A pleasant day here in this pleasant city. | 美好的城市 美好的天气 |
[08:33] | Current temperature is 73. | 目前气温73华氏度 |
[08:35] | Beautiful weather out there today. | 今天外边天气不错 |
[08:38] | Dr. Buckley will be right with you, Mrs. Robinson. | 巴克利医生马上就来 罗宾逊太太 |
[08:41] | It’s Mrs. Francis. | 我是弗朗西斯太太 |
[08:43] | Oh, the boys who dropped you off said that was your name. | 把你送来的男孩子们说你是罗宾逊太太啊 |
[08:46] | I think that was a joke. | 我想他们是开玩笑的 |
[08:50] | Nurse, could you excuse us? | 护士 麻烦你回避一下 |
[08:54] | Mrs. Francis, is it possible to get your husband down here? | 弗朗西斯太太 能叫你丈夫来医院一趟吗 |
[08:57] | I can drive with a broken rib. | 我就算肋骨断了也能开车的 |
[08:59] | It’s not even that sore. | 其实好像没那么痛 |
[09:01] | Well, I took a look at your X-ray | 我看了下你的X光片 |
[09:02] | and it may be more serious than just the rib. | 发现了比肋骨伤更严重的问题 |
[09:07] | How serious? | 有多严重 |
[09:10] | You can use the phone at the nurses’ station. | 你可以去护士站那边打电话 |
[09:22] | I’m gonna sue them. | 我要告他们 |
[09:24] | First I’m gonna go through the Health Commission | 我第一件事就是去健康委员会 |
[09:25] | and I’m gonna look into their funding. | 查查他们的资金 |
[09:27] | That quack has some nerve scaring you like that. | 那个庸医胆敢这样吓唬你 |
[09:30] | What happens to my car? | 我的车要怎么处理 |
[09:33] | I’ll send my secretary up here in a cab tomorrow morning. | 我明早会让秘书搭出租车到这来取车 |
[09:36] | And I’m gonna call– call– call Jim. Call– | 然后我会打电话给 给 给吉姆 打给 |
[09:41] | You know what? | 不如这样吧 |
[09:42] | I’ll just call Rocky’s office. That’s what I’m gonna do. | 我还是打给洛基吧 就这么决定了 |
[09:45] | Henry, I want to go home. | 亨利 我想回家 |
[09:48] | Babe, look at me. | 宝贝 看着我 |
[09:52] | You’re gonna be just fine. | 你会没事的 |
[10:21] | Afternoon. | 下午好 |
[10:23] | Wyatt called from the service station. | 怀亚特从服务站打来电话 |
[10:24] | We’ve got our best available for you. | 我们已经派技术最好的人去修了 |
[10:28] | If you threw a rod, it’s gonna take some time. | 如果你的活塞杆坏了 得花些时间才能修好 |
[10:30] | It’s the rocker arm. | 是摇臂杆坏了 |
[10:32] | Well, I’ve got a weekly for $37 or a daily for six. | 周价格37美元 日价格6美元 |
[10:37] | Let’s take it a night at a time. | 那就先住一晚吧 |
[10:38] | I’m an optimist. | 我是个乐观主义者 |
[10:41] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[10:43] | This is my wife Sharon. | 这位是我老婆莎伦 |
[10:45] | Of the Sharon Motel. | 莎伦旅店就是以她命名的 |
[10:46] | This is Donald from New York. | 这位是来自纽约的唐纳德 |
[10:48] | – Don. – Pleasure to have you with us. | -叫唐就行了 -很高兴你能住下来 |
[10:51] | Do you know where I could get a meal? | 你们知道哪里有饭吃吗 |
[10:54] | There’s a cafe a couple of miles up the road. | 沿马路开过去几英里有个咖啡店 |
[10:56] | He’s got car trouble. | 他的车子出了毛病 |
[10:58] | Well, I made a roast. | 我做了些烤肉 |
[11:00] | How’d you like leftovers as room service? | 要不来点剩菜 就当客房服务了 |
[11:02] | I don’t want you to go through the trouble. | 我不想麻烦你们 |
[11:05] | Do you have vending machines? | 你们这有自动贩卖机吗 |
[11:06] | You can have both. | 你可以都享用的 |
[11:08] | Give him some change and have Andy take his luggage. | 给他点零钱 让安迪帮他搬行李 |
[11:11] | This is all I got. | 我就这么些东西 |
[11:12] | Here’s two dimes and a nickel. | 给你两角5分 |
[11:15] | There you go. | 拿着 |
[11:22] | I believe that’s one of the best steaks I’ve ever had. | 我相信这是我吃过最好吃的牛排之一 |
[11:25] | Well, it’s the best because they flew it out from Kansas. | 因为原材料是从堪萨斯空运过来的 |
[11:28] | Isn’t Wichita cattle country? | 维契托不是牛肉之乡吗 |
[11:30] | It sure is. | 的确是的 |
[11:31] | But I was disappointed when I got there | 但我之前刚去那儿时还挺失望的 |
[11:32] | that I didn’t see more ten-gallon tanks. | 我后悔没多看看大城市的繁华 |
[11:35] | But your company is very glamorous. | 但你们公司大名鼎鼎啊 |
[11:37] | As far as I can tell, | 据我所知 |
[11:38] | its entire public reputation is based on Hollywood. | 你们公司的口碑都是基于好莱坞的 |
[11:41] | Well, we thought we’d go with our most exciting customers. | 我们觉得和令人激动的大客户合作比较好 |
[11:45] | Elizabeth Taylor. Danny Kaye. | 伊丽莎白·泰勒 丹尼·凯 |
[11:49] | Somebody you want to meet? | 你想见他们吗 |
[11:51] | Not really. | 不是的 |
[11:52] | In fact, I think that’s the problem if you have one. | 实际上 如果说你有什么麻烦 大概就是这个了 |
[11:55] | I have one, or I wouldn’t be talking to you. | 我当然有麻烦 不然也不会来找你 |
[11:58] | Corporate executives should be your core business. | 商务高层应该是你们的核心业务方向才对 |
[12:01] | You can read that without glasses? | 你不戴眼镜就能看清吗 |
[12:03] | I’ve looked at your business and I think Duck’s right. | 我调查过你们的业务 我觉得达克说得对 |
[12:07] | You need a senior marketing executive. | 你们需要的是一个高级营销人才 |
[12:08] | And not just anyone. | 不是随便找个人 |
[12:10] | You need someone comfortable | 你们需要一个能够接受 |
[12:11] | with the kind of boardroom leaders that see Learjet as a tool, | 董事会领导人将里尔喷射机当做工具的人 |
[12:15] | not a frivolous extravagance for movie stars and their pets. | 而非专供影视明星和他们宠物的一种奢侈享受 |
[12:19] | McCann could run circles around Carson Roberts. | 麦肯公司可能会绕着卡森·罗伯特转 |
[12:21] | But we wouldn’t even be interested | 但如果达克不能为贵公司找到合适的人 |
[12:23] | unless Duck found the right man for your company. | 我们是不会感兴趣的 |
[12:27] | I don’t understand. | 我搞不明白 |
[12:29] | Are you advocating for your agency or for yourself? | 你是在推销你们公司还是你自己 |
[12:32] | We’re one and the same. | 我们是一体的啊 |
[12:34] | Well, the jobs are not one and the same. | 但工作只能给个人 |
[12:35] | You can’t work for McCann and work for us. | 你不能同时为我们和麦肯公司工作啊 |
[12:40] | I’m aware of that. | 我知道 |
[12:43] | But I couldn’t agree with you more about who we need. | 我很同意你刚说的关于我们公司需要的人才 |
[12:46] | I told Duck I was looking for a real knickerbocker. | 我告诉达克我正在找一个真正的纽约人 |
[12:48] | Right schools, right family. | 受过正规教育 出身正统家庭 |
[12:51] | Someone who can rap his ring on the table | 能在饭桌上与人谈笑风生 |
[12:52] | and let everyone know they’re with a friend. | 八面玲珑 深得人心 |
[12:56] | Well, I’m flattered. | 我受宠若惊 |
[12:58] | But I’m afraid Duck Phillips | 不过恐怕达克·菲利普斯 |
[12:59] | has tricked me into a job interview. | 是耍花招把我骗来面试的 |
[13:02] | I stand by my analysis, | 我依然坚持我的看法 |
[13:03] | but I’m very happy where I am. | 不过我目前对自己的工作很满意 |
[13:07] | I expect him to lie to me. | 我知道他会骗我 |
[13:08] | I didn’t expect him to lie to you. | 但没想到他会骗你 |
[13:10] | I’m glad we got to meet. | 很高兴我们能认识一下 |
[13:12] | Likewise. That’s never a mistake. | 我也是 多认识些人总不会错的 |
[13:16] | You want a brandy? | 要来杯白兰地吗 |
[13:17] | Because Duck’s going to get the check. | 因为这一餐是达克买单 |
[13:24] | Well, unfortunately, we’ve discovered | 不幸的是 我们发现 |
[13:26] | that the cancer has spread from the lung | 癌细胞从肺部 |
[13:28] | and metastasized to the bones | 转移到骨头 |
[13:31] | and to lymph nodes in the mediastinum. | 和纵隔的淋巴结 |
[13:33] | I don’t understand what you’re saying. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[13:36] | It’s aggressive and it’s very advanced. | 癌症扩散太快 已经是晚期 |
[13:39] | I wish there was better news. | 我也希望能告诉你们好消息 |
[13:42] | What do we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[13:44] | Well, I’m going to recommend a radiation oncologist | 我会推荐一位放射肿瘤专家 |
[13:46] | for therapy to help mend the rib. | 帮助治疗肋骨 |
[13:48] | It won’t heal without it. | 那是不会自动愈合的 |
[13:49] | Then a medical oncologist. | 然后安排病理科肿瘤专家治疗 |
[13:52] | She could have nine months to a year, | 她还能活9个月到一年 |
[13:55] | but these treatments are usually palliative. | 但这些治疗也只是能稍微缓解一下而已 |
[14:00] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[14:11] | Oh, sorry about that. | 抱歉 原来你还在 |
[14:13] | You should put the sign out. | 你应该挂个请勿打扰的牌子的 |
[14:15] | You’re the maid? | 你是保洁员吗 |
[14:17] | And the messenger. | 也是信使 |
[14:22] | I guess they didn’t know you were in here. | 我猜他们不知道你在屋里 |
[14:24] | Wyatt called. It’s a bushing on the rocker arm, | 怀亚特打过电话来 说是摇臂上的套管坏了 |
[14:27] | but it’s got to come from Tulsa. | 但要从塔尔萨运过来 |
[14:30] | So I’m gonna need another book. | 看来我还得再弄本书读读 |
[14:31] | The chlorine’s killed the piss in the pool by now. | 泳池里消过毒了 没有尿 |
[14:33] | You can go for a swim. | 你可以去游泳 |
[14:36] | Anything else to do around here? | 附近还有什么事可以做 |
[14:39] | There’s football at the high school Friday night. | 周五晚上在高中有橄榄球赛 |
[14:42] | Revival church every night. | 每晚教堂里有复兴教友会 |
[14:45] | Fairview’s got a drive-in, | 锦绣镇有个露天汽车影院 |
[14:46] | but you don’t have a car. | 可你没有车 |
[14:49] | Where can I get a drink? | 我可以去哪儿喝一杯 |
[14:51] | That’s a little complicated. | 那可有点复杂了 |
[14:54] | But I probably can rustle up a bottle. | 不过我或许可以搞一瓶过来 |
[15:00] | That’d be great. | 太好了 |
[15:02] | Andy. | 我叫安迪 |
[15:03] | You want me to clean up? | 需要我打扫房间吗 |
[15:04] | Don. Maybe tomorrow. | 我叫唐 明天再来吧 |
[15:40] | There she is. | 她在这儿呢 |
[15:42] | Don’t run. | 别跑 |
[15:58] | I’m in Grand Central. Come down. | 我在中央车站 过来吧 |
[16:01] | Only to throw you under a train. | 我只会把你从火车上扔下去 |
[16:03] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[16:05] | I only have one question. | 我只有一个问题 |
[16:06] | I better have gotten that lousy job. | 我最好是通过面试 拿下那份烂工作了 |
[16:08] | You did, and it’s not lousy. | 你拿下了 而且那工作可不烂 |
[16:10] | I haven’t even negotiated, we’re already at 100 a year. | 我都还没协商 就已经是年薪10万 |
[16:13] | All benefits and unlimited private jet travel. | 享受各种福利 无限私人飞机里程 |
[16:16] | It’s a flying limousine, Pete. | 相当于会飞的豪车啊 皮特 |
[16:18] | You can have lunch in New York and be back for dinner. | 你可以在纽约吃午饭 然后回去吃晚饭 |
[16:20] | Good, because I live here. I have to go. | 很好 因为我就住在这里 我得挂了 |
[16:22] | – He wants to have dinner with wives. – No. | -他约你携妻子一起共进晚餐 -不行 |
[16:25] | He’s only meeting with you and one other guy. | 他只约了你和另一个家伙 |
[16:27] | Two last-round dinners. | 两位终结角逐者的晚餐 |
[16:29] | Help me turn it into a horse race. | 帮我把这事变成精彩的战局吧 |
[16:31] | How many times do you think you can lie to this man? | 你以为你可以骗他多少次啊 |
[16:34] | We both told him you didn’t want the job. What’s the lie? | 我们都告诉他你不想要这工作了啊 哪里骗人了 |
[16:37] | Well, for one thing, I don’t have a wife. | 首先 我没老婆 |
[16:39] | For the other, I have four years left on my contract with McCann | 其次 我跟麦肯公司的合约还有4年 |
[16:44] | and a million dollars contingent on my presence. | 履约完毕就是100万美元 |
[16:47] | Uh-huh, so now we know there’s a price. | 现在我知道你的价码了 |
[16:51] | You’re talking to yourself. | 你就自己乱想吧 |
[16:53] | Have dinner. Yuck it up. | 去出席晚餐吧 谈笑风生 |
[16:54] | Don’t you want to sign him one day? | 你难道不希望将来签下他们公司当客户吗 |
[16:56] | You know the corporate royalty on those planes? | 你知道乘坐那些飞机的大牌公司高层吧 |
[17:00] | 7:30 Saturday. | 周六晚7:30 |
[17:01] | Grill Room at the Four Seasons. | 四季大酒店的烧烤餐厅 |
[17:03] | Your wife’s under the weather, but you didn’t want to miss it. | 就说你妻子身体不适 但你不想错过这次机会 |
[17:16] | There’s two guys. | 我找了两位医生 |
[17:17] | Hy Epstein wants to start treatment immediately | 海伊·艾普斯丁希望能立刻开始治疗 |
[17:19] | and he’s conducting a study at New York Hospital. | 他正在纽约医院做研究 |
[17:23] | The other one– | 另一个人 |
[17:24] | can’t read my own writing. | 我都认不出我写的字了 |
[17:26] | He’s a surgeon. Very aggressive. | 他是个外科医生 疗法很大胆 |
[17:29] | But he’s in Bethesda. | 但他在贝塞斯达 |
[17:30] | Stop brushing your hair. How’s the rib gonna heal? | 别再梳头发了 这样肋骨还怎么好 |
[17:33] | My rib’s not going to heal, Henry. | 我的肋骨不会好了 亨利 |
[17:35] | You can’t waste any more time being in shock. | 你不能再浪费时间沉浸在震惊之中了 |
[17:38] | – You have to do something. – Do what? | -你得行动起来 -什么行动啊 |
[17:40] | What do you think would happen if Nelson Rockefeller got this? | 如果纳尔逊·洛克菲勒得了这种病 他会怎么办 |
[17:43] | He would die! | 他会死的 |
[17:44] | Betty, do you want the kids to hear you talk that way? | 贝蒂 你想让孩子们听到你这样说话吗 |
[17:47] | I don’t want them to hear anything | 我暂时不想让他们知道任何事 |
[17:49] | until I’ve decided what to tell them. | 必须等我想好了怎么告诉他们才行 |
[17:51] | That’s what’s on my mind, Henry. | 我现在在想的就是这个 亨利 |
[17:53] | Do you want to help with that, | 你是想帮我做这件事 |
[17:54] | or do you want to keep chasing your tail? | 还是想继续瞎忙活 |
[17:55] | You’re being morose. | 你现在是在闹脾气 |
[17:57] | You’re a very lucky woman. You have been your whole life. | 你已经很幸运了 你这一辈子都很幸运 |
[17:59] | Stop yelling at me. | 别冲我吼了 |
[18:19] | Thanks for the books. | 谢谢你带的书 |
[18:22] | It’s $10. | 10美元 |
[18:24] | I gave you $10. | 我给过你10美元了 |
[18:26] | It was hard to get. | 这很难搞到的 |
[18:28] | I’m not paying $20 for a bottle of whiskey | 我可不会花20美元买一瓶威士忌 |
[18:31] | and a couple of paperbacks somebody left behind. | 和几本别人落下的廉价书 |
[18:33] | You’ve got the money. | 你有钱啊 |
[18:34] | I walked into town. And it’s hard for me. | 我一路走进城里买的 非常不容易的 |
[18:37] | I got flatfeet. | 我是扁平足 |
[18:54] | – You want one? – No, sir. | -你想来一杯吗 -不用了 先生 |
[18:56] | I’m one-eighth Comanche. Can’t ever touch it. | 我有1/8科曼奇血统 不能碰酒 |
[18:59] | Folks know the hustle you’re running out of their motel? | 你爸妈知道你在他们的旅馆里做的这些勾当吗 |
[19:02] | My folks are over in Woodward. | 我爸妈远在伍德沃德呢 |
[19:03] | And ain’t none of their business how I get rich. | 我怎么发家致富 不关他们的事 |
[19:06] | That’s true. | 那倒是没错 |
[19:09] | How’d you get rich? | 你是怎么变有钱人的 |
[19:12] | I was in the advertising business. | 我以前做广告的 |
[19:14] | You make commercials on TV? | 你是制作电视广告的吗 |
[19:16] | Lots of them. | 做过很多 |
[19:18] | So many you don’t have to work no more? | 多到你现在已经”别用”工作了吗 |
[19:20] | Anymore. | 是”不用” |
[19:22] | All right. Well, I’m around. | 好吧 随时叫我 |
[19:38] | Don’t forget to take the pie Tammy made you. | 别忘了带上塔米为你做的派 |
[20:25] | Sorry to bother you, but my TV just died. | 很抱歉打扰你 但我房里的电视坏了 |
[20:28] | Oh, well, we’ll get you a new one. | 我们给你换台新的 |
[20:30] | Soon as I’m done fighting this battle. | 我忙完手上的事就去处理 |
[20:49] | There you go. | 好了 |
[20:51] | Then it comes loose. | 一会儿就松了 |
[21:08] | You’re the quick brown fox. | 你的手可真巧啊 |
[21:11] | Did you learn to type in the army? | 你是在军队里学会打字的吗 |
[21:13] | No, night school. | 不是 在夜校学的 |
[21:15] | Were you in the service? | 你服过役吗 |
[21:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:19] | Well, everybody who’s a vet and likes drinking | 每个喜欢喝酒的老兵 |
[21:21] | will be at the Legion on Saturday night. | 周六晚都会去军团酒吧 |
[21:23] | My husband would be tickled if you joined him. | 如果你跟我丈夫一起去 他一定会很高兴的 |
[21:26] | Why didn’t he ask me? | 他怎么没有亲自邀请我 |
[21:28] | Oh, he’s gonna. Soon as he spies a chance. | 他会的 只要他发现个合适机会 |
[21:31] | He could sure use someone new to tell his stories to. | 他显然很喜欢对一个新来的人讲述他的故事 |
[21:35] | I don’t know that I’ll be here, | 我不知道到时候是否还在这里 |
[21:36] | unless you know something about my car that I don’t. | 除非你知道一些我不知道的关于我的车的消息 |
[21:38] | Wyatt’s gonna overcharge you, but he’ll get the work done. | 怀亚特会敲你一笔 但他会修好的 |
[21:42] | Let’s get that TV | 我们去换电视吧 |
[21:43] | so you can get back to relaxing. | 然后你就可以继续享受了 |
[21:53] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[21:59] | The whole pie is for you. | 整个派都是给你的啊 |
[22:03] | Eat with me. | 跟我一起吃吧 |
[22:05] | There were two pies. | 本来有两个派 |
[22:07] | I’m not gonna tell you what happened to the other one. | 我才不会告诉你另一个派怎么了 |
[22:15] | I have a favor to ask of you. | 我想请你帮个忙 |
[22:16] | I can repay you. | 我会回报你的 |
[22:18] | I’ll take her for a weekend next month. You can go away. | 下个月我可以找个周末带她 你就可以出去了 |
[22:21] | What? | 什么啊 |
[22:23] | I have a dinner with a potential client | 我得跟一个潜在客户共进晚餐 |
[22:26] | and I’d love for you to join me. | 我希望你能跟我一起去 |
[22:28] | No. | 不行 |
[22:29] | Thankfully, that’s no longer one of my obligations. | 谢天谢地 我好不容易摆脱了这项义务 |
[22:31] | You used to love it. | 你以前很喜欢的啊 |
[22:33] | I dare say it got you excited trying to close over coffee. | 我敢说你很喜欢把咖啡都喝完 |
[22:37] | I never closed anything. | 我才不喜欢呢 |
[22:38] | I was just trying to stay awake. | 我只是想尽量别睡着 |
[22:41] | Trudy, you understand my business. | 特鲁迪 你理解我这行 |
[22:44] | No one else ever really has. | 别人都没有真正理解过 |
[22:46] | I’m not comfortable being your date under any circumstances. | 我并非在任何情况下都喜欢做你的女伴 |
[22:50] | Well, then, | 好吧 |
[22:53] | how about for old times’ sake? | 那看在往日的情分上呢 |
[23:01] | You know, I’m jealous of your ability | 其实 我非常嫉妒你 |
[23:04] | to be sentimental about the past. | 对于过去总是充满怀念的能力 |
[23:07] | I’m not able to do that. | 我就不行 |
[23:09] | I remember things as they were. | 我只记得过去真实的面目 |
[23:15] | It’s late. | 很晚了 |
[23:17] | I’d like to turn off the lights. | 我要关灯了 |
[23:23] | Good night, then. | 那就晚安吧 |
[23:25] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[23:35] | Because she got kicked out of Brearley. | 因为她被赶出了布里尔中学 |
[23:38] | Hold on. Easy. | 等等 别紧张 |
[23:40] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[23:42] | You’re not supposed to be in here. | 你不应该进来的 |
[23:44] | Could you leave us alone, sweetheart? | 你能先回避一下吗 亲爱的 |
[23:47] | Oh, of course. | 当然了 |
[23:53] | Come have a seat. | 过来坐下 |
[24:04] | I have some serious news. | 我要告诉你一件严肃的事 |
[24:06] | It’s bad news. | 是坏消息 |
[24:14] | Your mother is sick. | 你妈妈病了 |
[24:16] | She has lung cancer and it’s very advanced. | 她得了肺癌 而且是晚期 |
[24:21] | I’m very sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[24:25] | I’ve got to call her. | 我必须给她打电话 |
[24:26] | She doesn’t want you kids to know. | 她不想告诉你们几个孩子 |
[24:27] | Then why are you telling me? | 那你为什么告诉我 |
[24:29] | Because there’s hope she could have more time. | 因为她有希望活得更久 |
[24:31] | People do. It’s a tough road, but it’s a chance. | 这有先例的 虽然很艰难 但这是个机会 |
[24:35] | Well, that’s good. | 那很好啊 |
[24:37] | But she won’t do it. | 但她不愿意接受治疗 |
[24:39] | I don’t know if she’s just being stubborn or vain, | 我不知道她是固执还是自负 |
[24:41] | but she won’t even hear of it. | 但是她连听都不听 |
[24:43] | Henry, my ears are still buzzing. | 亨利 我的耳朵还在嗡嗡作响 |
[24:45] | I don’t understand you. | 我不懂你的意思 |
[24:48] | I breached her confidence because | 我把她的秘密告诉你 |
[24:49] | I want you to talk some sense into her. | 是想让你劝她恢复理智 |
[24:52] | She’ll listen to you. | 她会听你的 |
[24:57] | I wouldn’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[25:04] | It’s okay for you to cry, honey. | 你可以哭的 亲爱的 |
[25:38] | Jesus, what am I going to do? | 天呐 我该怎么办 |
[26:04] | How’s she running? | 车怎么样了 |
[26:06] | Good as new. | 跟新的一样 |
[26:08] | I suppose you’re gonna be on your way, then. | 那我猜你要上路了 |
[26:10] | I should settle up. | 我这就去结账 |
[26:11] | Sure I can’t talk you into joining us tonight? | 你确定我不能说服你今晚加入我们吗 |
[26:14] | I should get going. | 我该走了 |
[26:16] | Mister, I know you’re not in a rush. | 先生 我知道你不急 |
[26:18] | We got plenty of tourists with cars in the shop. | 很多游客都把车停在店里 |
[26:21] | You made two phone calls in six days. | 你6天里只打了两次电话 |
[26:23] | Wyatt thought you ran away. | 怀亚特还以为你跑掉了 |
[26:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:27] | Tell you what. | 不如这样吧 |
[26:31] | I’ll throw in the room tonight | 我给你免了今晚的住宿费 |
[26:32] | and I’ll give you another night if you fix the Coke machine. | 如果你能修好可乐贩售机 我再送你一晚 |
[26:36] | I don’t think I can help you with that. | 我觉得我可没本事帮你修好那个 |
[26:38] | I know you were right about your car. | 我知道你之前把车的毛病准确判断出来了 |
[26:39] | And Sharon said she caught you being handy. | 而且莎伦说你的手很巧 |
[26:43] | Don’t they fix it? | 他们不能修吗 |
[26:44] | They want to give me a new one, | 他们想送我一台新的 |
[26:46] | but I like this one. I’ll get my tools. | 但是我喜欢这台 我去拿工具 |
[27:01] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[27:02] | Smells good. | 闻起来真香 |
[27:06] | I brought you a surprise. | 我给你带来了一个惊喜 |
[27:22] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[27:27] | What are you doing here? | 你回来干什么 |
[27:29] | I got in trouble at school again. | 我又在学校惹祸了 |
[27:32] | What’d you do? | 你做了什么 |
[27:34] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想细说 |
[27:38] | Are we supposed to eat? | 我们应该吃饭吗 |
[27:39] | Genie, come over here. | 吉恩 过来 |
[28:05] | So, I’m going to tell you in advance | 那么 我要提前告诉你 |
[28:09] | that I know we seem like fine people, | 我知道我们看起来像好人 |
[28:12] | but I’ve been a little dishonest. | 但是我们有点不老实 |
[28:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:16] | This is a fundraiser | 这是个筹款会 |
[28:18] | for Al Bettendorf over there. | 为那边的艾尔·贝登多夫搞的 |
[28:19] | His house burned down. Well, the kitchen. | 他的房子烧毁了 其实是厨房烧毁了 |
[28:22] | The most expensive room. | 最昂贵的房间 |
[28:25] | There’s a fine jar. | 这里有一个罚款罐 |
[28:32] | We’re just strangers, but it does include barbecue | 虽然我们只是陌生人 但是这活动有烧烤 |
[28:36] | and I’m getting your drinks. | 而且我会给你拿酒 |
[28:42] | $40 for Don! | 唐捐了40美元 |
[28:48] | What’s your rank and where did you serve? | 你的军衔是什么 在哪里服役的 |
[28:50] | 7th Infantry. Korea. | 第7步兵团 朝鲜 |
[28:52] | Rank? | 军衔呢 |
[28:55] | Lieutenant. | 中尉 |
[28:55] | Lieutenant, 7th Infantry, Korea. | 中尉 第7步兵团 朝鲜 |
[28:59] | Shit, we should be paying him. | 该死 我们该给他钱才对 |
[29:03] | That’s $5 for swearing. | 说脏话罚款5美元 |
[29:07] | What are you drinking? | 你喝什么 |
[29:16] | I’ll just have the shrimp cocktail. | 我就要鸡尾冷虾算了吧 |
[29:18] | Well, as Mother used to say, “You’re not that fat.” | 妈以前常说 “你没有那么胖啊” |
[29:22] | No, I have a– well, something came up. | 不 我有点…急事 |
[29:25] | Since I invited you? | 在我邀请你之后发生的吗 |
[29:28] | You’re always complaining we never see each other. | 你总是抱怨我们不见面 |
[29:31] | Then I ask you to dinner, | 然后我邀请你吃晚餐 |
[29:32] | miss a very important meeting, | 为此错过了很重要的会议 |
[29:33] | and you have other plans? | 而你却另有计划 |
[29:35] | It was very short notice. | 是临时通知的 |
[29:39] | If you need an alibi, you’re going to have to ask. | 如果你想让我帮你打掩护 你就得求我 |
[29:43] | Please. | 求你了 |
[29:47] | Now, what did you want to talk about? | 好吧 你想谈什么 |
[29:50] | Let me ask you something. | 让我问问你 |
[29:52] | How do you know when something’s really an opportunity? | 你怎么鉴别真正的机会 |
[29:56] | I’m wrong sometimes, | 我有时会错 |
[29:58] | but the girls aren’t shy nowadays. | 但是现在的女孩并不害羞 |
[30:02] | No, I meant in your career. | 不 我说的是你的职业生涯 |
[30:04] | Oh. Well, in banking there’s a road and you just stay on it. | 在银行业 通常是一条路走到黑 |
[30:08] | Still, you’re required to assess risk. | 但是你依然得评估风险 |
[30:10] | Pete, I don’t buy or sell anything. | 皮特 我不买卖任何东西 |
[30:12] | I just distribute and it’s never up to me. | 我只负责分配 而且轮不到我做主 |
[30:16] | Fine, forget your business. | 好吧 不说你的工作了 |
[30:19] | You’re taking a risk tonight. | 你今晚就在冒险 |
[30:22] | So now you’re jealous and you’re trying to ruin my evening. | 现在你嫉妒了 想毁了我的夜晚 |
[30:25] | Your wife knows. | 你妻子知道的 |
[30:26] | I’m not asking you to imagine it, | 我不是让你去假想 |
[30:27] | I’m telling you she knows. | 我是在告诉你 她知道的 |
[30:29] | And how do you feel now that you know that? | 你知道之后作何感想 |
[30:32] | Judy’s always loved that I was attractive to other women. | 朱迪一直喜欢我对别的女人有吸引力 |
[30:35] | It’s part of what she likes about me. | 那是她喜欢我的原因之一 |
[30:36] | I’m just supposed to turn that off? | 难道我要停止散发吸引力吗 |
[30:38] | You’re not supposed to act on it. | 你也不能利用这点啊 |
[30:40] | But I always have. That’s the way we are. | 但是我一向如此 我们就是这样 |
[30:43] | But why? Always looking for something better. | 但是为什么 总是寻找更好的东西 |
[30:46] | Always looking for something else. | 总是寻找其他的东西 |
[30:49] | Because Dad was like that. | 因为爸爸就是那样啊 |
[30:52] | He really was, wasn’t he? | 他的确是那样 不是吗 |
[30:58] | You know, once at the polo grounds, | 有次在马球场上 |
[30:59] | some jeweler thanked him profusely for buying a diamond necklace. | 某个珠宝商热情地感谢他买了钻石项链 |
[31:03] | Dad got very cross and called off the sale right in front of me. | 爸爸非常生气 当着我的面取消了交易 |
[31:07] | He kept muttering how the man was indiscreet. | 他一直在嘟囔说那个人不够谨慎 |
[31:11] | I looked it up. | 我查了出来 |
[31:15] | I didn’t need any detective work. | 我不用侦查 |
[31:17] | I just saw the way women looked at him. | 我看到女人看他的眼神就全明白了 |
[31:23] | You really think she knows? | 你真觉得她知道吗 |
[31:25] | I think it feels good and then it doesn’t. | 我觉得这样做只是一时爽 |
[31:30] | I have to make a phone call. | 我必须去打个电话 |
[31:32] | Don’t listen to me. | 别听我的 |
[31:34] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[31:39] | And Wayne’s dad ran the drugstore before Wayne. | 在韦恩之前 韦恩的父亲经营着药房 |
[31:43] | He was all 10 Commandments rolled into one. | 他是十诫兼于一身 |
[31:47] | He caught us smoking, stealing, cussing. | 他抓住过我们抽烟 偷窃 咒骂 |
[31:51] | My wife went to high school with these two. | 我妻子和这二位是高中同学 |
[31:54] | They were hooligans. | 他们是恶棍 |
[31:55] | I didn’t break the real Commandments till I was in Europe. | 我到了欧洲才破了色戒 |
[31:59] | Were you in Europe, Don? | 你去过欧洲吗 唐 |
[32:01] | Don was in Korea. | 唐去的是朝鲜 |
[32:03] | You don’t just need new glasses, you need a new hearing aid. | 你不只需要新眼镜 还需要新助听器 |
[32:06] | Well, he hasn’t said anything. | 他到现在都是沉默不语 |
[32:09] | Did you introduce him to– | 你们把他介绍给… |
[32:12] | Hey, Jerry! Jerry Fandango! | 杰瑞 杰瑞·凡丹戈 |
[32:15] | Get over here. | 过来 |
[32:18] | Jerry served in Korea. | 杰瑞在朝鲜服役过 |
[32:19] | So, you know, maybe you’ve seen him before. | 所以 你也许见过他 |
[32:22] | What the do you farts want? | 你们几个混蛋想怎么样 |
[32:24] | – Gerald Fanning, this is– – Don was in Korea. | -杰拉德·范宁 这位是… -唐在朝鲜服役过 |
[32:28] | You two can reminisce. | 你们可以一起追忆往事 |
[32:31] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈论那事 |
[32:33] | Jerry Fanning. PFC, 34th Infantry. | 杰瑞·范宁 一等兵 第34步兵团的 |
[32:37] | Come on, let me see your face. | 转过来 让我看看你的长相 |
[32:42] | When and where? | 哪一年 哪个战场 |
[32:45] | It was before they called it a war. Near the Yalu River. | 当时还没有正式宣战 在鸭绿江附近 |
[32:48] | Oh, hell. | 天啊 |
[32:50] | I wasn’t there till Christmas ’53. | 我直到53年的圣诞节才过去 |
[32:55] | I was home by then. | 我那时已经回家了 |
[32:58] | Have a seat. | 请坐吧 |
[32:59] | No, I got one. | 不 我在那边有座位 |
[33:00] | Tell you one thing about Korea. | 对朝鲜这个国家我就一句话 |
[33:03] | They can keep it. | 他们想要就给他们吧 |
[34:08] | Go away. | 走开 |
[34:09] | What the hell happened to you? | 你他妈是怎么回事啊 |
[34:10] | You stood me up. | 你把我一个人晾在那里 |
[34:13] | Get in here. | 进来 |
[34:17] | I never said I would go. | 我从来没说我会去啊 |
[34:19] | You did, and Mike was waiting with Charlene at the Grill Room | 你说了 麦克和查琳在烧烤餐厅一直等你 |
[34:22] | for an hour! | 等了一小时 |
[34:24] | For heaven’s sake, you’re drunk. | 老天啊 你又喝醉了 |
[34:26] | And you’re being very menacing right now. | 而且你现在充满威胁 |
[34:29] | I’m happy. Listen to me. | 我很开心 听我说 |
[34:31] | You’re on a streak. | 你现在卷入了洪流之中 |
[34:33] | You’re on one of those magic– | 你身处那种充满魔力的… |
[34:35] | we used to call it a trend. | 我们以前称之为”时代浪潮” |
[34:36] | You know, because of the graph where the line just goes up. | 就是一路上升 一路昂扬前进 |
[34:40] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我完全听不懂你在说什么 |
[34:43] | Mike called me from his hotel room. | 麦克从酒店房间给我打电话了 |
[34:44] | He was pretty sore. | 他很生气 |
[34:46] | So I told him that you wanted to come, | 所以我跟他说 你是想去的 |
[34:47] | but you were insulted by the offer. | 但你觉得他提供的好处是对你的侮辱 |
[34:49] | – You what? – He wants to do it all. | -你什么 -他本想给你全套的好处 |
[34:51] | Company car, company plane, signing bonus. | 公司配车 公司的飞机 签约红利 |
[34:54] | And he’s gonna get you out of McCann. | 他还可以让你跟麦肯公司解除合同 |
[34:55] | He’s gonna give me a million dollars? | 他会给我一百万美金吗 |
[34:57] | He’s gonna get very close with stock options | 他可以给你股票 加一起也差不多了 |
[34:59] | and McCann’s gonna cut a deal for the rest | 麦肯公司也会妥协 |
[35:00] | because you’re gonna help them. | 因为你会帮助他们的 |
[35:02] | Learjet’s a tiny account. | 里尔喷射机只是个小客户 |
[35:04] | It’s peanuts to them. | 对他们而言根本不起眼 |
[35:05] | You’re not the client. Your passengers are. | 你并不是客户 你的乘客们才是 |
[35:07] | Jim Hobart’s very excited about who flies on those planes. | 吉姆·霍巴特对于飞机上的乘客很感兴趣 |
[35:10] | Every important CEO in America. | 全美国每个大牌CEO都会乘坐的 |
[35:13] | You talked to Jim Hobart? | 你还跟吉姆·霍巴特谈了 |
[35:14] | You know what $100 buys you in Wichita? | 你知道100美金在维契托能买到什么吗 |
[35:16] | A two-bedroom house. | 一栋两室的房子 |
[35:18] | You stupid wino. | 你个愚蠢的酒鬼 |
[35:19] | You’re going to destroy everything! | 你会毁了一切的 |
[35:22] | Who’s going to win the World Series this year? | 谁会赢得今年的世界杯 |
[35:25] | I don’t know. | 我可不知道 |
[35:26] | You are! | 就是你啊 |
[35:27] | Because you are charmed, my friend. | 因为你身怀魔力 朋友 |
[35:30] | Good night, Duck. | 晚安了 达克 |
[35:33] | I’ve been there. It doesn’t last long. | 我也有过同样的经历 不会持续很久的 |
[35:46] | So the doctor says, “Sorry, son, | 于是医生就说 “我很遗憾 孩子 |
[35:49] | but your pecker’s got gangrene. | 你的小鸡鸡出现坏疽了 |
[35:51] | We’re gonna have to amputate.” | 我们得做截肢手术” |
[35:54] | So the GI goes to the Jap doctor. | 那个大兵对那个日本医生说 |
[35:56] | “Oh, good news. No need to amputate. | “好消息啊 不用截肢 |
[36:00] | In three days will fall off by itself.” | 3天后 它会自动掉下来的” |
[36:06] | To Don! | 敬唐 |
[36:09] | For being generous and not saying shit. | 敬你慷慨大方和沉默不语 |
[36:13] | I don’t know that many jokes. | 我可不知道那么多笑话 |
[36:14] | Oh, just leave him alone. | 就别打扰他了 |
[36:16] | Don, you’re not allowed to say, | 唐 你在这里是不能说 |
[36:18] | “I don’t want to talk about it” In this place. | “我不想谈论自己的烦心事”的 |
[36:21] | That’s why I never joined. | 所以我从未加入过这样的聚会 |
[36:23] | You’re not listening to me. | 你没有听清我说的话 |
[36:25] | You’re among friends. | 你身边都是一群朋友 |
[36:29] | Floyd, tell him. | 弗洛伊德 告诉他 |
[36:31] | – Floyd! – What? | -弗洛伊德 -搞什么啊 |
[36:35] | Tell him about the Hurtgen Forest. | 跟他说说霍特根森林战役吧 |
[36:38] | Give me a drink. | 给我一杯酒吧 |
[36:40] | Tell him the story first. | 先说故事啊 |
[36:43] | Oh, shit. | 该死的 |
[36:49] | You know where it is? | 你们知道那地方在哪儿吗 |
[36:52] | It’s on the border between Belgium and Germany. | 那地方位于比利时和德国的边境 |
[37:03] | We were cut off. | 我们当时被截断了 |
[37:06] | Three of us. | 只剩我们3个人 |
[37:09] | Actually… | 实际上 |
[37:11] | there were nine of us originally. | 原本有9个人 |
[37:17] | We came on a machine gun nest. | 我们用机枪进行围剿 |
[37:23] | There were four Krauts in there looking to surrender. | 当时有4个德国佬 看上去是要投降 |
[37:26] | They had their hands in the air with their papers. | 他们把手高举在空中 拿着文件 |
[37:31] | They were starving. Don’t skip that. | 他们当时饿得要命 别省略这一点 |
[37:34] | We were starving. | 我们当时饿得要命 |
[37:36] | Scrounging for grub. | 到处搜寻食物 |
[37:39] | We were boiling bark. | 我们都开始煮树皮吃了 |
[37:45] | So there’s three of us, | 所以我们有3个人 |
[37:48] | four of them, | 他们有4个人 |
[37:50] | and more snow coming. | 雪越下越大 |
[37:56] | You did what you had to do. | 你们也是被逼无奈 |
[38:01] | What did you do? | 你们做了什么 |
[38:05] | Someone made them start digging. | 有人逼迫他们挖坑 |
[38:09] | And we bounced them. | 我们杀了他们 |
[38:12] | One at a time. | 一次一个 |
[38:16] | Took a couple of hours. | 用了好几个小时 |
[38:19] | One of them was so skinny, he tried to run away, | 其中有一个骨瘦如柴 他曾试图逃跑 |
[38:22] | his pants fell down. | 但他的裤子掉下来了 |
[38:28] | You know they all got blue eyes. | 你也知道他们的眼睛都是蓝色的 |
[38:35] | You just do what you have to do to come home. | 你们也是为了回家才不得不做出那种事的 |
[38:43] | I killed my CO. | 我杀了我的指挥官 |
[38:53] | We were under fire. | 我们当时遭到袭击 |
[38:57] | Fuel was everywhere. | 到处都是燃料 |
[39:01] | And I dropped my lighter. | 我却把打火机掉在了地上 |
[39:06] | And I blew him apart. | 我把他炸得稀烂 |
[39:13] | And I got to go home. | 然后我获得了回家的机会 |
[39:20] | That is the name of the game. | 那才是最重要的 |
[39:28] | Where is that kid? | 那小子去哪儿了 |
[39:31] | We need a bottle over here! | 我们这边要加一瓶酒 |
[39:33] | Over here! | 我也要 |
[39:35] | Over here! | 我也要 |
[39:38] | *Get that kid with the booze over here…* | *让那个拿酒的小子到这里来* |
[39:42] | *’Cause the Yanks are coming* | *因为北方人要攻打过来了* |
[39:45] | *The Yanks are coming* | *北方人要攻打过来了* |
[39:47] | *The drums rum-tumming everywhere* | *处处都是战鼓雷鸣* |
[39:51] | *Over there, over there* | *在那边 在那边* |
[39:55] | *Send the word, send the word over there* | *速速传达消息 速速传达消息* |
[40:00] | *’Cause the Yanks are coming* | *因为北方人要攻打过来了* |
[40:02] | *The Yanks are coming* | *北方人要攻打过来了* |
[40:04] | *The drums rum-tumming everywhere… * | *处处都是战鼓雷鸣* |
[40:15] | – Did I wake you? – No. | -我把你吵醒了吗 -没有 |
[40:28] | Henry shouldn’t have scared you. | 亨利不该吓你的 |
[40:31] | I wanted to tell you myself. | 我原本想亲自跟你说的 |
[40:34] | He doesn’t know you won’t get treatment | 他不知道你不肯接受治疗 |
[40:36] | because you love the tragedy. | 是因为你喜欢这种悲剧 |
[40:39] | Sally, I’ve learned to believe people | 萨丽 当别人告诉你一切都结束了时 |
[40:41] | when they tell you it’s over. | 我现在已经选择相信了 |
[40:43] | They don’t want to say it, so it’s usually the truth. | 他们并不想说出口 但那通常都是事实 |
[40:47] | Henry said you could have a year. | 亨利说你还可以再活一年的 |
[40:49] | And what would that year be like? | 那一年会是怎样的情形呢 |
[40:51] | I’ll be with you. | 我会在你身边的 |
[40:53] | I won’t let you give up. | 我不会让你放弃的 |
[40:56] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[40:59] | But I watched my mother die. | 但我曾看着我的母亲离世 |
[41:02] | I won’t do that to you. | 我不想让你也经受这种事 |
[41:06] | And I don’t want you to think I’m a quitter. | 我也不希望你认为我是个轻言放弃的人 |
[41:08] | I fought for plenty in my life. | 我这辈子做过很多的抗争 |
[41:11] | That’s how I know when it’s over. | 所以我才知道 什么时候是真的结束了 |
[41:14] | It’s not a weakness. | 那不是一种软弱 |
[41:16] | It’s been a gift to me. | 那是天赐的礼物 |
[41:20] | To know when to move on. | 知道何时该向前看了 |
[41:29] | These are instructions. | 这里面写了一些指导说明 |
[41:32] | Open it the minute you know I’m gone. | 你一知道我去世了 就立刻打开看 |
[41:35] | – No. – Listen to me. | -不要 -听我说 |
[41:38] | Things happen very quickly when people die. | 人死的时候 各种事情都会发生得很快 |
[41:41] | Henry’s not going to be able to handle things. | 亨利肯定无法处理所有事 |
[41:49] | You’re going back to school in the morning. | 你明早就得回学校去上学 |
[41:51] | I don’t want you alarming your brothers. | 我希望你不要惊动你的弟弟们 |
[42:00] | Go back to sleep. | 继续睡觉吧 |
[42:19] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[42:22] | We want our money. | 我们要把钱拿回来 |
[42:23] | What? | 什么 |
[42:24] | We know you took the money. | 我们知道是你偷了那笔捐款 |
[42:27] | Let me go! Sharon, what’s going on? | 放开我 莎伦 到底是怎么回事 |
[42:29] | Your car was fixed. You should have been on your way. | 你的车修好了 你该上路远走了才对 |
[42:34] | Now, I don’t know who the hell you are, | 我不知道你他妈到底是谁 |
[42:36] | but you’ve got five Mississippi to get our money back. | 但我数5下 你必须在这时间内把钱还给我们 |
[42:40] | I didn’t take your money. | 我没拿你们的钱 |
[42:43] | You threw all that money around | 你之前捐款那么大方 |
[42:44] | ’cause you knew you’d get it back. | 因为你知道你还可以再把钱拿回来的 |
[42:52] | I mean business! | 我可不是说着玩的 |
[42:55] | You really think I need your spare change? | 你真觉得我会需要你那点零钱吗 |
[43:09] | Give us the cash and you can have your car back. | 把现金给我们 你就可以拿回你的车 |
[43:13] | – Probably stolen. – We’ll find out. | -车或许也是偷来的吧 -再看吧 |
[43:40] | My God, what’s wrong? | 天啊 出什么事了 |
[43:42] | I need to speak with you. | 我需要跟你谈谈 |
[43:44] | My goodness, it’s 4:00 in the morning. | 天啊 现在可是凌晨4点啊 |
[43:45] | Is everything all right? | 没出什么事吧 |
[43:53] | You’re scaring me. Please, what is it? | 你这样吓到我了 快说到底是什么事 |
[43:55] | It’s good news. Catch your breath. | 是好消息 深呼吸一下 |
[43:59] | What on earth is going on? | 到底是怎么回事 |
[44:02] | I was offered a job tonight. | 今晚有人向我提供一个工作机会 |
[44:04] | Because its origins were supernatural, | 因为来由很奇怪 |
[44:06] | I realized that its benefits might be as well. | 我以为它所带来的好处或许也很不一般 |
[44:10] | I want you and Tammy to come with me. | 我想让你和塔米跟我一起去 |
[44:13] | I want you to relocate to Wichita, pick out a house, | 我想让你们搬到维契托去 选一栋房子 |
[44:16] | and be my wife and family again. | 再次做我的妻子 我们一家人团聚 |
[44:21] | Peter, I’m not dismissing you… | 皮特 我不是在赶你走 |
[44:25] | I’m saying with respect to whatever is happening in your eyes right now, | 我对于你眼中闪烁的异样光彩只想说 |
[44:30] | we both know things can’t be undone. | 我们都知道 泼出去的水是收不回来的 |
[44:33] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[44:35] | We’re not even through half our lives. | 我们这辈子都还没过到一半呢 |
[44:38] | And even if we are, we’re entitled to more. | 就算已经过了一半 我们也有权获得更多 |
[44:41] | Of what? | 更多的什么 |
[44:45] | Then we’re entitled to something new. | 我们有权享受一些新的东西 |
[44:49] | I want to start over. | 我想重新开始 |
[44:53] | And I know I can. | 我知道我可以的 |
[44:56] | I’m not so dumb anymore. | 我已经不再那么蠢了 |
[44:58] | I’m not ignoring the fact that I could actually lose your love. | 我不会再无视 我可能会失去你的爱这件事 |
[45:03] | You never lost it. | 你从没失去过 |
[45:04] | But I will never allow you to hurt me again. | 但我绝不会允许你再次伤害我的 |
[45:09] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[45:13] | I always have. | 我一直都很爱你 |
[45:15] | I’ve never loved anyone else. | 我从未爱过其他人 |
[45:18] | Never. | 从未有过 |
[45:26] | You think you can come in here | 你觉得你可以突然跑进来 |
[45:28] | when I’m all disoriented | 趁我迷惑不清的时候 |
[45:30] | and say the things I wanted you to say to me two years ago | 说些我两年前希望你对我说的话 |
[45:33] | and make me run away with you? | 让我跟你一起远走高飞吗 |
[45:35] | I said it to you 10 years ago and I’ll say it again. | 我10年前就对你说过这话 我想再说一遍 |
[45:38] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[45:44] | Wichita is beautiful. | 维契托那座城市很美的 |
[45:46] | And wholesome. | 也很健全 |
[45:48] | And not the city and not Cos Cob. | 那里不是大都市 也不像科斯科布 |
[45:51] | And you’ll have a plane to use at your disposal. | 而且还有架飞机可以任你差遣 |
[45:53] | We will. | 我们都可以 |
[45:54] | To pick up and go anywhere anytime we want. | 随时起飞 飞去任何我们想去的地方 |
[45:58] | Like driving to Montauk. | 就像开车去蒙托克一样随意 |
[46:01] | I want to go everywhere with you. | 我想跟你一起去遍各种地方 |
[46:09] | Say yes with your voice, not just your eyes. | 说同意吧 说出来吧 别只用眼神表示 |
[46:34] | How will I explain this to Tammy? | 我要如何对塔米解释这一切 |
[46:38] | Tell her her birthday wish came true. | 就说她的生日愿望成真了 |
[46:48] | I’m gonna go. | 我得走了 |
[46:51] | And we’re gonna have dinner on Saturday night. | 我们周六晚上一起吃晚餐 |
[46:54] | The three of us. | 我们一家三口 |
[46:57] | Like it was the first time. | 就像是第一次一样 |
[47:16] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[47:45] | This one’s on the house. | 这个是免费送你的 |
[47:50] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道些什么 |
[47:50] | You want to know what I told them? | 你想知道我告诉他们的原话吗 |
[47:52] | I’m just being a good citizen, man. | 我只是想当一回好人而已 老兄 |
[47:54] | You don’t know anything about me. I could kill you right now. | 你对我一无所知 我可以立刻就杀了你 |
[47:57] | You took that money and you set me up. | 你拿走了那笔钱 还陷害了我 |
[48:00] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在胡说些什么 |
[48:02] | You have shitty instincts for a con man. | 对一个骗子而言 你的直觉真是太烂了 |
[48:05] | You’re lucky you feel guilty. | 你现在有愧疚感算你走运 |
[48:06] | That’s the one difference between you and those animals right now. | 那是你和那些禽兽之间现在唯一的区别 |
[48:09] | I don’t feel guilty taking that drunk’s money. | 我对于拿走那个酒鬼的钱可没有愧疚感 |
[48:11] | He burned his own house down. | 他把自己的房子给烧了 |
[48:13] | He doesn’t deserve a pot to piss in, let alone 500 bucks. | 他连个尿壶都不该有 更别提500美金了 |
[48:16] | You’re gonna get me that money, | 你必须把那笔钱给我 |
[48:17] | pack your bag, and get out of town. | 收拾好行李 赶紧离开这里 |
[48:20] | I can’t leave without that money. | 我不能撇下那笔钱就走 |
[48:22] | I know you think you know how to hustle, | 我知道你以为自己很会坑蒙拐骗 |
[48:24] | but this is a big crime, stealing these people’s money. | 但是偷那些人的钱 可是大罪 |
[48:27] | If you keep it, you’ll have to become somebody else. | 如果你留下那笔钱 你只能改名换姓重新生活了 |
[48:31] | And it’s not what you think it is. | 那样的生活可不如你想的那么简单 |
[48:35] | You cannot get off on that foot in this life. | 你这辈子都无法摆脱那件事带来的阴影 |
[48:39] | What do you care? | 你在乎个什么劲儿啊 |
[48:40] | You got money. I know you got money. | 你有钱 我知道你是有钱人 |
[48:42] | I cleaned your room and didn’t take nothing. | 我打扫了你的房间 但我什么都”不拿” |
[48:44] | Anything. | 是”没拿” |
[48:46] | You think this town is bad now? | 你觉得这小城现在已经够糟糕了吗 |
[48:47] | Wait until you can never come back. | 等你永远都无法回来时才叫糟糕呢 |
[48:50] | Can I go? | 我能走了吗 |
[48:51] | Go get the money. | 去拿那笔钱 |
[49:26] | I’m not paying for the room. | 我不会付房费的 |
[49:38] | Could you drop me off at the bus stop? | 你能把我带到车站吗 |
[49:45] | Get in. | 上车吧 |
[50:00] | I’m off. | 我走了 |
[50:01] | – Where are you going? – I have class. | -你要去哪儿 -我还有课呢 |
[50:05] | Why are you doing that? | 你为什么还要去上课 |
[50:07] | Why was I ever doing it? | 我当初又为何决定去上学呢 |
[50:30] | “Dear Sally, | “亲爱的萨丽 |
[50:32] | I know that you’re frightened | 我知道你很害怕 |
[50:33] | and there are many decisions I can’t prepare you for, | 有很多决定需要你去做 我无法在一旁帮助你 |
[50:37] | but you must immediately tell the hospital | 但你必须立刻告诉医院 |
[50:39] | and the funeral director that I’m to be interred intact | 和葬礼主办人 我必须被完整地葬在 |
[50:42] | in the family plot in West Laurel. | 西劳瑞尔区的家族墓地里 |
[50:45] | Uncle William has the details from Grandpa Gene’s burial. | 威廉舅舅知道吉恩外公下葬时的一切细节信息 |
[50:49] | I’ve also enclosed a portrait | 我还在信封里留了一张照片 |
[50:50] | from the 1968 Republican Winter Gala. | 是1968年参加共和党冬日节时拍的 |
[50:54] | The blue chiffon I wore is my very favorite. | 我穿的那条淡蓝色雪纺裙是我的最爱 |
[50:57] | I hung it in a gold garment bag | 我把它套在一个金色外衣袋里 |
[50:58] | in the hall closet beside the mink. | 就挂在高衣橱里的貂皮大衣旁边 |
[51:02] | Please bring them the lipstick from my handbag | 把我包里的口红取出来拿给入殓师 |
[51:04] | and remind them how I like to wear my hair. | 并告诉他们 我平常喜欢怎样的发型 |
[51:08] | Will you show them the picture? | 你能把照片拿给他们看看吗 |
[51:13] | Sally, I always worried about you | 萨丽 我一直很担心你 |
[51:15] | because you march to the beat of your own drum. | 因为你一直很特立独行 |
[51:19] | But now I know that’s good. | 但现在我知道那很好 |
[51:22] | I know your life will be an adventure.” | 我知道你的人生会是一场奇妙的旅程 |
[51:27] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[51:29] | Mom. | 妈妈留 |
[52:02] | Pink slip’s in the glove box. | 车的注册文件在杂物箱里 |
[52:05] | What? | 什么 |
[52:07] | Don’t waste this. | 别浪费了这个机会 |