| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | This is the world– | 这个世界 | 
| [00:04] | 1 96 million square miles. | 有一亿九千六百万平方英里 | 
| [00:07] | If I covered 1 00 square miles an hour | 如果我每小时覆盖100平方英里 | 
| [00:09] | every hour for the rest of my life | 尽我余生去做的话 | 
| [00:11] | I’d still only see half of it. | 我也只能穷其一半 | 
| [00:14] | This is the left nostril of my brother Reese. | 这是我哥哥Reese的左鼻孔 | 
| [00:17] | It squeaks all night long. | 它每晚都吱吱叫 | 
| [00:21] | These are the freezing cold feet | 这双冰冷的脚 | 
| [00:23] | of my little brother… Dewey. | 是我弟弟Dewey的 | 
| [00:25] | This is my oldest brother Francis. | 这是我大哥 Francis | 
| [00:27] | He’s the one I really like | 我很喜欢他 | 
| [00:29] | so, of course, he got sent to military school. | 那么当然了 他是军校生 | 
| [00:31] | My name is Malcolm. | 我是Malcolm | 
| [00:33] | You want to know what the best thing about childhood is? | 你知道童年最美妙的事是什么吗 | 
| [00:36] | At some point, it stops. | 有时候 是它能停下来 | 
| [01:23] | Malcolm, Reese, Dewey, get in here! | Malcolm Reese Dewey 进来 | 
| [01:29] | – Stop! – I’m not touching you! | – 不要 – 我可没碰你 | 
| [01:31] | There’s only two toaster waffles. | 只有两块烤华夫 | 
| [01:32] | One of you has to have cereal. | 你们有个人要吃燕麦粥 | 
| [01:35] | It’s mine! | 它是我的 | 
| [01:36] | Come on! | 拜托了 | 
| [01:37] | Give it! | 松手 | 
| [01:38] | You cheated! | 你作弊 | 
| [01:39] | Give it! Give it! | 松手 松手 | 
| [01:40] | Huh, look at this. | 哈 瞧瞧 | 
| [01:43] | They’re sending an unmanned probe to Venus | 他们把无人探测器送去了金星 | 
| [01:46] | and letting a bunch of schoolchildren name it. | 还要一群学生为此命名 | 
| [01:49] | That’s going to end badly. | 不会有好结果的 | 
| [01:51] | These clippers are dull already. | 刀锋已经钝了 | 
| [01:53] | Honestly, Hal, you’re like a monkey. | 老实说 Hal 你像只猴子 | 
| [01:55] | They do this every month. | 他们每个月都要这样做 | 
| [01:57] | He has sensitive skin. | 爸爸是敏感性皮肤 | 
| [01:58] | The hair gets itchy under his clothes. | 衣服里毛发弄得他直痒痒 | 
| [02:01] | It always seems like such a shame to just dump this in the trash. | 每次把这些倒到垃圾堆都特不好意思 | 
| [02:04] | Maybe birds would like to make nests with it | 说不定鸟儿爱拿它筑巢 | 
| [02:07] | or maybe you boys could use it for school projects. | 或者你们可以拿来做学校的作业 | 
| [02:10] | Arms up. | 举起手来 | 
| [02:13] | Dude | 我去 | 
| [02:15] | Malcolm You come right over from school today | Malcolm你今天放学立刻回家 | 
| [02:17] | I made a play date for you with Stevie Kenarban | 我帮你们约好了Stevie Kenarban | 
| [02:18] | and you have to take a bath. | 在此之前你们要洗个澡 | 
| [02:20] | What? Mom, no! | 啥 老妈 不行 | 
| [02:21] | – Malcolm has a play date?! – Shut up, Reese! | – Malcolm有玩伴吗 – 闭嘴 Reese | 
| [02:23] | With Stevie ”The Wheelie” Kenarban? | 和坐轮椅的家伙Stevie Kenarban | 
| [02:25] | Oh, man! | 我去 | 
| [02:33] | Breathing. | 呼吸 | 
| [02:37] | So, Malcolm, why is playing a problem? | Malcolm 出去玩为何是个麻烦事 | 
| [02:40] | First off | 第一 | 
| [02:42] | I don’t even know Stevie. | 我根本不认识Stevie | 
| [02:44] | His mother said you boys ate lunch together. | 他妈妈说你们一起吃午餐 | 
| [02:45] | One time. | 就一次 | 
| [02:46] | He rolled his wheelchair over next to me. | 他把他的轮椅滑到我身旁 | 
| [02:49] | It’s not like I could say, ”Go away.” | 我连让它走开的机会都没有 | 
| [02:51] | He’s not even in my class. | 我们不同班 | 
| [02:53] | He’s in the Krelboyne class in the trailer next to tetherball. | 他在Krelboyne的班上 坐在绳球旁边的拖车里 | 
| [02:56] | You listen to me, young man. | 听着 小家伙 | 
| [02:58] | That one lunch obviously meant a lot to Stevie. | 那顿午餐显然对Stevie意义重大 | 
| [03:00] | He’s a human being with human feelings. | 他是人 他有感情 | 
| [03:02] | Now, you are going to be friends with that crippled boy | 现在你得和残障人士成为朋友 | 
| [03:04] | and you are going to like it. Understood? | 你会喜欢的 明白了吗 | 
| [03:06] | Yes, ma’am. Understood. | 是 女士 知道了 | 
| [03:08] | If I give up now, I won’t get the lecture. | 如果我现在妥协 我妈就不会碎碎念 | 
| [03:11] | You kids… | 孩子们 | 
| [03:12] | Dang. | 我去 | 
| [03:13] | You just take your legs for granted like nothing | 你就把腿看得无足轻重 | 
| [03:14] | could ever happen to them. | 好像它们永远不会出事 | 
| [03:15] | Let me tell you something | 告诉你们吧 | 
| [03:16] | That is just wishful thinking. | 那只是理想的想法 | 
| [03:19] | There’s meningitis. There are car accidents. | 有脑膜炎 有车祸 | 
| [03:20] | I could be giving you a spanking | 我可以打你们屁股 | 
| [03:22] | and accidentally snap your spinal cord. | 不小心拍碎你的脊髓 | 
| [03:24] | Every day is a lottery and first prize is that you don’t have to | 每天都是一次抽奖 一等奖是你不必 | 
| [03:28] | scoot yourself around town on a skateboard with your hands. | 用手扶式滑板在镇上疾走 | 
| [03:30] | You think about that. | 自己想想去吧 | 
| [03:34] | I don’t take my legs for granted, Mom. | 我没把腿当成理所当然的 老妈 | 
| [03:37] | I know, honey. You’re a good boy. | 我知道 亲爱的 你是乖宝宝 | 
| [03:39] | Stop playing with yourself. | 别玩自己了 | 
| [03:45] | Go on,just go. | 走 走就是了 | 
| [03:46] | No, wait, wait, wait. | 不 等一下 等等 | 
| [03:48] | Okay, I ran out of ham. | 咱家没有火腿了 | 
| [03:50] | One of you has to have egg salad, okay? | 你们有个人得吃鸡蛋沙拉好吗 | 
| [03:52] | And don’t ditch your little brother. | 别丢下你弟弟 | 
| [03:54] | I don’t want him getting kidnapped. | 我不希望他被绑架 | 
| [03:56] | Yeah, Mom, that would be terrible. | 是啊 老妈 那可就糟了 | 
| [03:58] | It’s your turn to walk with him. | 今天轮到你和他一起走 | 
| [04:00] | I walked him yesterday and the day before. | 昨天前天都是我 | 
| [04:02] | I walked with him when he wet his pants. | 他尿裤子的时候我就和他走了 | 
| [04:04] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [04:10] | Mom said to hold hands. | 妈妈说要手牵手 | 
| [04:12] | She did not say to hold hands, Dewey. | 她才没说 Dewey | 
| [04:14] | I’m not holding hands. | 我不牵 | 
| [04:16] | Come on, hold hands. Please? | 求求你了 牵手好不好 | 
| [04:17] | No! You’re in the first grade. | 不行 你读一年级了 | 
| [04:20] | You’re too big for that. | 大到不需要牵手了 | 
| [04:22] | Look, I’m walking right next to you. | 你看 我就走在你旁边 | 
| [04:25] | You’ll be fine. | 没事的 | 
| [04:28] | Damn it! This is why everyone teases you. | 我擦 难怪每个人都嘲笑你 | 
| [04:31] | Hey, Malcolm. | 嗨 Malcolm | 
| [04:33] | Hey, Richard. | 嗨 Richard | 
| [04:34] | So my mom was telling my dad last night | 昨晚我老妈对我老爸 | 
| [04:37] | about your brother. | 说起了你哥哥 | 
| [04:38] | She said he’s in jail. | 她说他在监狱里 | 
| [04:40] | He’s not in jail. | 他不在监狱里 | 
| [04:41] | He’s at Marlin Academy. | 他在Marlin学院 | 
| [04:43] | It’s, like, one of the best private schools in the country | 那是全国最好的私立学校 | 
| [04:47] | and it’s totally unfair. | 真不公平 | 
| [04:48] | Everyone acts like Francis is just this big troublemaker | 每个人都觉得Francis是个麻烦虫 | 
| [04:51] | and he’s not. | 实际上他不是 | 
| [04:53] | Dad, I know what you’re going to say | 老爸 我知道你要说啥 | 
| [04:55] | and believe me, I totally agree with you. | 相信我 我和你是一边的 | 
| [04:58] | There is no excuse for what I did. | 我不能给自己找借口 | 
| [05:00] | It was idiotic, immature, totally reckless | 这事白痴 不成熟 完全的不计后果 | 
| [05:02] | and I’m really sorry. | 我很抱歉 | 
| [05:04] | I’m just… I’m hoping against hope | 我只是 我想抱一线希望 | 
| [05:06] | that you will give me another chance, which, I admit | 再给我一次机会 虽然我知道 | 
| [05:09] | I don’t deserve | 自己配不上 | 
| [05:11] | but if you could just find it in your heart to forgive me | 但是如果你内心仍然愿意原谅我 | 
| [05:13] | I know I could earn your trust back. | 我一定能让您重拾信心 | 
| [05:18] | It’s not like it was even our car. | 这看起来不是我们的车了 | 
| [05:20] | Spath Spath Spath Spath, Spath, Spath! | |
| [05:22] | All right | 好吧 | 
| [05:24] | here’s how it works. | 事情是这样的 | 
| [05:26] | You can beg for mercy on your belly | 你可以用肚子求饶 | 
| [05:28] | lick the bottom of my shoes | 给我舔鞋子 | 
| [05:31] | or take a beating. | 或者挨揍 | 
| [05:33] | You must pick at least two | 你得选两个 | 
| [05:35] | but… but-but, if you pick three | 要是 要是 你选了三个的话 | 
| [05:38] | you get a pass for the next two weeks. | 往后两周你都能免受痛苦 | 
| [05:40] | All right? | 怎么样 | 
| [05:41] | Now, that’s your best value. | 这是最划算的 | 
| [05:43] | Dave Spath Dave Spath. | |
| [05:45] | He never gets sent anywhere. | 他在哪里都不安分 | 
| [05:48] | What do you do if he catches you? | 如果他抓住你了你怎么办 | 
| [05:49] | Roll in a ball. | 装在球里滚过去 | 
| [05:50] | What if he starts kicking you? | 如果他踢你呢 | 
| [05:51] | Stay in a ball. | 待在球里 | 
| [05:52] | Okay. Come on. | 不错 走吧 | 
| [05:56] | Wait. | 等一下 | 
| [06:01] | Never mind. | 没事 | 
| [06:07] | Those of you finished with your tempera paints | 画完蛋彩画的人 | 
| [06:10] | may bring your work up here | 任务就完成了 | 
| [06:11] | and start on your charcoal still lifes. | 可以开始炭笔画了 | 
| [06:13] | You may take two pieces of fruit only | 你们只可以选择两片水果 | 
| [06:16] | and please be careful with them. | 并且务必小心 | 
| [06:18] | I bought them with my own money. | 我可是花自个的钱买的 | 
| [06:21] | My own money. | 自己的钱 | 
| [06:26] | God, Malcolm, that’s so good. | 天呐 Malcolm 画的真好 | 
| [06:36] | Oh, Malcolm, this is wonderful. | 哇 Malcolm 真棒 | 
| [06:38] | The perspective is good. | 透视做得很好 | 
| [06:39] | The composition is clean | 结构清晰 | 
| [06:41] | and it even shows signs of actual technique. | 甚至有一定的绘画技巧 | 
| [06:44] | I have to say this is the high point of my day. | 我得说这是我今天的亮点啊 | 
| [06:47] | How’s that for sad? | 听上去咋这么悲伤呢 | 
| [07:03] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 | 
| [07:04] | Um, yeah, I’m fine. | 嗯 是 还可以 | 
| [07:06] | Malcolm Malcolm. | |
| [07:08] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [07:09] | They need to see you in the office. | 他们想你去办公室 | 
| [07:11] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [07:15] | I think they mean right now. | 我想他们现在就想见你 | 
| [07:18] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [07:23] | Get up, Malcolm. | 起身啊 Malcolm | 
| [07:34] | Hi. I’m Caroline. | 你好 我是Caroline | 
| [07:36] | Want to have a seat? | 坐吧 | 
| [07:40] | Are you Malcolm? | 你是Malcolm吗 | 
| [07:41] | Yes, and I didn’t do anything. | 是的 我什么也没干 | 
| [07:43] | You’re not in trouble, Malcolm. | 你没惹麻烦 Malcolm | 
| [07:45] | You’re here ’cause some of your teachers think you’re, | 你来这里是因为你的老师觉得你 | 
| [07:47] | You know what? I just want to play some games with you. | 你知道吗 我就想和你玩点游戏 | 
| [07:51] | Ok? | 如何 | 
| [07:51] | – Puzzles, stuff like that. – Why? | – 智力游戏 类似于这样的 – 为什么 | 
| [07:53] | Boy, oh, boy | 孩子 哦 孩子 | 
| [07:55] | you are a suspicious little dickens, aren’t you? | 你是个多疑的小恶魔 对吧 | 
| [07:58] | Now, you can look at this picture for 60 seconds | 现在 看着这张图60秒 | 
| [08:02] | and I want you to tell me | 我希望你能告诉我 | 
| [08:03] | everything that’s wrong with it, okay? | 图中不合理的部分 好吗 | 
| [08:05] | The man only has four fingers. | 这人只有四根手指 | 
| [08:08] | Right, but this time | 是的 不过现在 | 
| [08:09] | I want you to take your time and really look… | 我希望你花点时间思考认真的看 | 
| [08:13] | The car shadow’s going the wrong way | 车影反了 | 
| [08:15] | the steering wheel’s on the wrong side | 方向盘弄反了边 | 
| [08:17] | there’s no brake pedal | 没有刹车踏板 | 
| [08:18] | the words in the mirror should be backwards | 镜子里的词应该反过来 | 
| [08:20] | the guy’s watch wouldn’t say 1 2:00 if he’s looking at a sunset | 当他看到日落的时候 手表不可能显示十二点 | 
| [08:23] | and I have red paint on my ass. | 并且 我屁股上有朱漆 | 
| [08:25] | That’s right. | 没错 | 
| [08:26] | Red paint all over my ass! | 整屁股的红漆 | 
| [08:56] | These are good cookies. | 饼干真好吃 | 
| [08:58] | Yeah… they’re good. | 是啊 好吃 | 
| [09:06] | So what can you do? | 你能干些什么 | 
| [09:07] | I mean, what do you want to do? | 我是说 你想做什么 | 
| [09:09] | I know… A joke. | 我听说了个笑话 | 
| [09:13] | Yeah? Okay. | 是吗 好吧 | 
| [09:17] | A guy… | 一个人 | 
| [09:19] | goes into… | 进了 | 
| [09:21] | a bar… | 酒吧 | 
| [09:22] | and he… | 他 | 
| [09:25] | has a… frog on | 带了只青蛙 | 
| [09:29] | his… | 放在 | 
| [09:30] | Frog on his head. | 把青蛙放在头上 | 
| [09:32] | On his head. | 放在头上 | 
| [09:37] | And the… bartender… | 酒保 | 
| [09:41] | Wait, I screwed up. | 等等 我说错了 | 
| [09:45] | A frog… | 一只青蛙 | 
| [09:47] | goes into… A bar. | 进了酒吧 | 
| [09:50] | You want to watch TV? | 你想看电视吗 | 
| [09:52] | Can’t. Not allowed. | 不能看 不允许我看 | 
| [09:55] | What? You mean, ever? | 啥 你是说从来不准吗 | 
| [09:58] | Mom says… | 我妈说 | 
| [10:00] | TV makes you… | 电视会让你 | 
| [10:01] | stupid. | 变蠢 | 
| [10:02] | No, TV makes you normal. | 不是 电视让你变得正常 | 
| [10:04] | How can they do that? | 他们怎么能这么做 | 
| [10:06] | He’s in a wheelchair. | 他可是残疾人 | 
| [10:08] | So what do you do all day, homework? | 那你整天干嘛 做作业吗 | 
| [10:11] | Mostly… read… comics. | 大多数时候是 看漫画 | 
| [10:15] | You have comic books? | 你有漫画书吗 | 
| [10:25] | Whoa! | 我去 | 
| [10:29] | You really have Youngblood, number one? | 你真有血性小子第一集呀 | 
| [10:32] | Want to… read it? | 想看吗 | 
| [10:34] | No way. I’d wreck it. | 才不呢 我会毁了它的 | 
| [10:38] | Oh… did you read the last Savage Dragon | 你看了最新的Savage Dragon吗 | 
| [10:41] | when they split him in two? | 他们把他劈成了两半 | 
| [10:43] | Yeah. Brilliant. | 是的 特别棒 | 
| [10:45] | I like how he never has to learn a lesson or anything. | 我就喜欢他不用上学 | 
| [10:48] | He just gets to pound on everyone. | 他就是使劲打人 | 
| [10:59] | You’re under galactic arrest. | 你已被银河系包围 | 
| [11:02] | Think again, space flatfoot. | 再想想吧 宇宙警察 | 
| [11:05] | You cannot escape. | 你跑不了了 | 
| [11:06] | Give up or be annihilated. | 要么投降 要么被摧毁 | 
| [11:09] | Saturday morning is the only thing | 我家做得最好的时候 | 
| [11:11] | my family does better than anyone else. | 是周六早上 | 
| [11:19] | Damn! | 该死 | 
| [11:22] | You boys, you keep this house clean till your dad comes home. | 孩子们 把家里保持干净到你父亲回来为止 | 
| [11:27] | Two of you can have slices of pizza for lunch. | 有两个人午餐能吃披萨 | 
| [11:29] | The other one can have… | 另一个人 | 
| [11:30] | I don’t know. I think they’re peas. | 我也不知道 吃豌豆吧 | 
| [11:33] | Somebody get that. | 去接电话 | 
| [11:35] | – Not it. – Not it. | – 我不去 – 不去 | 
| [11:40] | Hello. | 喂 | 
| [11:41] | Young Master Malcolm. | 小Malcolm师傅 | 
| [11:42] | Francis, hi. | Francis 嗨 | 
| [11:43] | Hey, man | 你好 | 
| [11:45] | I wrote you guys a really long letter yesterday | 我昨天给你们写了封长信 | 
| [11:47] | but, listen, they only gave me, like, three minutes | 但是 他们只给我三分钟讲话 | 
| [11:49] | so would you put the special prosecutor on? | 能让特殊检查官接电话吗 | 
| [11:51] | Mom, it’s Francis. | 老妈 是Francis | 
| [11:56] | Hey, Francis, how’s school? | 你好 Francis 学校怎么样 | 
| [11:58] | Oh, couldn’t be better, Mom. | 棒极了 老妈 | 
| [12:00] | My new roommate showed me how to kill mice | 我的新室友教我怎么用锤子 | 
| [12:02] | with a hammer yesterday, so, you know, between that | 干掉老鼠 | 
| [12:05] | and the general atmosphere of simmering homoeroticism | 除了那个还有持续的搞基氛围 | 
| [12:07] | I think I’m really starting to turn around. | 我想我要开始喜欢这儿了 | 
| [12:10] | Honey, it’s only until summer. | 亲爱的 这个就持续到夏天结束 | 
| [12:11] | Come on, push it! | 加油 用力推 | 
| [12:12] | Give it up, prom date. | 松开 亲爱的 | 
| [12:14] | Yeah, listen, um… I know I shouldn’t ask | 我知道我不该这么做 | 
| [12:17] | but would you be able to send me my allowance | 但是能不能给我送点生活费来 | 
| [12:19] | like a couple of weeks early | 用来度过前面几周 | 
| [12:21] | ’cause I kind of need some…? Oh, my God! Are you smoking? | -因为我需要 -老天 你是在抽烟吗 | 
| [12:24] | What? | 啥 | 
| [12:25] | You’re smoking. | 你在吸烟 | 
| [12:26] | I can hear you smoking. You’re smoking, aren’t you? | 我能听出来 你在吸烟对吧 | 
| [12:28] | Mom, I’m not smoking. Geez. | 妈我没吸烟 拜托 | 
| [12:30] | After seeing the anguish your father and I went through to quit | 看了你老爸和我戒烟时经历的痛苦 | 
| [12:33] | didn’t any of that register with you? | 对你难道没影响吗 | 
| [12:36] | Okay, listen. | 好的 听着 | 
| [12:38] | I’ll talk to your dad. | 我会和你爸说的 | 
| [12:39] | Maybe we can send you part of it. | 或者我们能给你寄点儿 | 
| [12:41] | Honey, I have to go. | 亲爱的 我得走了 | 
| [12:43] | I’m late for work. | 上班要迟到了 | 
| [12:44] | I’ll call you later. | 稍后打给你 | 
| [12:45] | Okay, thanks, Mom. I love you. | 谢谢老妈 我爱你 | 
| [12:49] | Oh… I love you. | 噢 我也爱你 | 
| [13:01] | He’s so lucky. | 他真幸运 | 
| [13:03] | I know. We never go anywhere. | 我知道 我们哪儿也去不了 | 
| [13:06] | He gets to be in Alabama. | 他能去阿拉巴马州 | 
| [13:08] | Is Alabama nice? | 阿拉巴马州很好吗 | 
| [13:10] | Look it up, Dewey. | 查字典去吧 Dewey | 
| [13:11] | It’s got Sequoia Caverns | 那儿有红杉洞窟 | 
| [13:13] | the biggest cast-iron statue in the world. | 世界上最坚固的雕像 | 
| [13:15] | Plus it’s right next to Florida | 它旁边就是福罗里达州 | 
| [13:17] | where Disney World is. | 迪士尼主题公园就在那儿 | 
| [13:18] | I bet he goes to Disney World all the time. | 我敢说他一定总去迪士尼 | 
| [13:22] | Hey, moron, he’s 1 6. He doesn’t do kid stuff. | 喂笨蛋 他十六岁了才不干小孩子事呢 | 
| [13:25] | He goes to parties, drinks beer and goes skiing. | 他去派对 喝啤酒 滑雪 | 
| [13:29] | Right, genius. They do lots of skiing in Alabama. | 好了天才 他们在阿拉巴马总滑雪 | 
| [13:32] | – Shut up! – You shut up! | – 闭嘴 – 你才闭嘴 | 
| [13:34] | – No, you shut up! – Make me! | – 不 你闭嘴 – 你管我 | 
| [13:35] | I’ll make you right– | 我就来管管你 | 
| [13:42] | Not my face! | 别打脸 | 
| [13:45] | You’d better not be fighting in there, Reese, Malcolm! | 你们最好别在这儿打架Reese Malcolm | 
| [13:48] | I said, you better not be fighting– | 我说了 最好别打架 | 
| [13:51] | For crying out loud! Reese! Malcolm! | 我的老天爷 Reese Malcolm | 
| [13:58] | Yes. Can I help you? | 你好 有什么事 | 
| [14:00] | Oh. My good… um, hi. | 噢 我是 | 
| [14:01] | Hel… hello. I’m…. | 你 你好 我是 | 
| [14:03] | Are you…? I’m… Caroline Miller | 你是 我是Caroline Miller | 
| [14:05] | from Malcolm’s school. | Malcolm学校的 | 
| [14:07] | I sent you some letters | 我给您寄过信 | 
| [14:08] | and left some messages on your answering machine. | 在留言机上留了话 | 
| [14:11] | Okay, fine. You caught me. | 好的 我知道了 | 
| [14:13] | What do you want? | 你要做什么 | 
| [14:14] | Um… well, it’s been three weeks | 好吧 已经三周了 | 
| [14:15] | and you haven’t responded | 您还没回复我 | 
| [14:16] | and it’s really important… | 是相当重要的事情 | 
| [14:18] | I mean, well, for Malcolm’s sake | 我是说 对Malcolm | 
| [14:19] | that the parents be as involved in… | 对家长也一样 | 
| [14:20] | So you’re here to insult my parenting skills? | 那你是来挖苦我作为家长的能力吗 | 
| [14:23] | No. I’m sure you’re a terrific parent. | 不 我觉得你是个很棒的家长 | 
| [14:27] | Who’s the baby now? | 看看谁才是弱者吧 | 
| [14:31] | I’m here because I think | 我来这里是因为 | 
| [14:32] | that there is a tremendous opportunity for… | 有个很重要的机会 | 
| [14:35] | Could you, you know, maybe put a top on? | 你能不能 先穿上上衣 | 
| [14:37] | They’re just boobs, lady. | 他们只是奶子啊 小姐 | 
| [14:38] | You see them in the mirror every morning. | 你每天早上在镜子里都能看到 | 
| [14:40] | I’m sure yours are a lot nicer than mine. | 你的肯定比我的还好看 | 
| [14:42] | That’s actually not… | 实际上不是 | 
| [14:43] | Let me tell you something else. | 告诉你吧 | 
| [14:44] | The reason I didn’t respond is because it is a load of crap. | 我没回复你是因为废话太多了 | 
| [14:47] | What? | 什么 | 
| [14:48] | You are not going to stick my Malcolm | 你不能把我的Malcolm | 
| [14:50] | in some special led class. | 弄到什么鬼特殊才能班 | 
| [14:51] | What is it with you people? | 你们怎么了 | 
| [14:52] | Why do you have to label everybody? | 你们干嘛给每个学生贴标签 | 
| [14:54] | Malcolm may be a little strange | Malcolm可能有点奇怪 | 
| [14:55] | and, I know, I know, he never shuts up | 我知道 他总是话很多 | 
| [14:57] | but he is not disturbed. | 但他没给人造成困扰 | 
| [14:58] | You know, he is a good boy… | 你知道吗 他是个好孩子 | 
| [15:00] | Please! | 我拜托你 | 
| [15:02] | You know what? | 知道吗 | 
| [15:03] | You don’t understand at all, okay? | 你一点都不明白好吗 | 
| [15:05] | So if I could just come in for a minute | 先让我进去 | 
| [15:07] | I could explain everything, okay? | 我再给你解释一切 好吗 | 
| [15:43] | Good, hon. | 好吃 亲爱的 | 
| [15:46] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等一下 等等 | 
| [15:47] | There’s something we have to talk about. | 我们要谈些事儿 | 
| [15:54] | I thought we weren’t going to mention that until after the biopsy. | 我以为得等到活组织检查之后再谈也不迟 | 
| [15:58] | It’s not that. | 不是那回事 | 
| [15:59] | It’s about Malcolm. | 是关于Malcolm的 | 
| [16:00] | I didn’t do it. | 我没做 | 
| [16:01] | He did it. I saw him. | 他做了 我看见他做的 | 
| [16:02] | A teacher from school came by | 学校的老师来家里 | 
| [16:03] | and she ran some tests with Malcolm. | 她给Malcolm做了点测试 | 
| [16:06] | He has an IQ of 1 65. | 他的智商有165 | 
| [16:09] | Who? | 谁 | 
| [16:11] | Malcolm. He’s a genius. | Malcolm 他是个天才 | 
| [16:14] | He’s going to a special class. | 他会去专门的课堂 | 
| [16:15] | What? | 啥 | 
| [16:16] | Malcolm’s special? | Malcolm特别吗 | 
| [16:18] | Where do you think that came from? | 你觉得那是打哪儿来的 | 
| [16:19] | They have a special program for gifted children. | 他们给有天赋的孩子安排特殊课堂 | 
| [16:21] | They have advanced textbooks and devoted teachers | 他们配备了高级教材和热忱的老师 | 
| [16:24] | and good things they don’t want to waste on normal kids. | 以及不想浪费给普通孩子的资源 | 
| [16:26] | You start on Monday. | 周一开始上课 | 
| [16:27] | In the Krelboyne class? | 是Krelboyne的课堂吗 | 
| [16:29] | Mom, no. I don’t want to. | 老妈 我不想去 | 
| [16:31] | What are you talking about? | 说什么呢 | 
| [16:33] | Of course you want to. | 你当然想去 | 
| [16:35] | No. I want to stay in my own class. | 不 我想留在现在的班上 | 
| [16:37] | I don’t want to be a Krelboyne. | 我不想成为下一个Krelboyne | 
| [16:39] | Mom, seriously, Krelboynes get their butts kicked. | 老妈说实话 Krelboyne们会被踢屁股的 | 
| [16:42] | Just stop one minute. | 别吵了 | 
| [16:44] | There’s nothing wrong with being smart. | 聪明无罪 | 
| [16:47] | And there’s nothing wrong with being cut from the herd. | 从普通一群人里脱颖而出也不是错啊 | 
| [16:50] | It makes you the one buffalo that isn’t there | 这会让你避免成为 | 
| [16:51] | when the Indians run the rest of them off the cliff. – Huh? | – 被印第安人推下山的那群牛中的一只 – 啥 | 
| [16:55] | Mom, this isn’t fair. | 老妈 这不公平 | 
| [16:57] | If I don’t want to go, why do I have to? | 如果我不想去我为什么还要去 | 
| [16:59] | Because it’s not just up to you. | 因为这不取决于你 | 
| [17:01] | We have to do what’s best for you. | 我们得为你做最好的决定 | 
| [17:04] | Is Malcolm going to Alabama? | Malcolm要去阿拉巴马州吗 | 
| [17:05] | Mom, please! Don’t make me go! Please! | 老妈 拜托了别逼我 拜托 | 
| [17:08] | Malcolm, calm down. | Malcolm 冷静下来 | 
| [17:09] | But it isn’t fair! | 这不公平 | 
| [17:11] | That’s right. It isn’t fair. | 没错 是不公平 | 
| [17:13] | It’s the first time anyone in this family has ever been given an edge | 我们家头一次有人有点优势 | 
| [17:16] | and you are not going to waste it. | 你不能浪费优势 | 
| [17:17] | Dad? | 老爸 | 
| [17:18] | Honey? | 亲爱的 | 
| [17:21] | Well… | 好吧 | 
| [17:23] | look, honey… | 瞧 亲爱的 | 
| [17:27] | Malcolm, you see… | Malcolm 你看 | 
| [17:34] | Oh, for crying out loud. | 哦 老天呐 | 
| [17:36] | How come there’s never any iced tea in this pitcher? | 水壶里怎能一点冰茶都不剩呢 | 
| [17:39] | I make a fresh batch every morning | 我每天早上都准备一批新的 | 
| [17:40] | and it’s gone by the time I get home. | 我回家的时候就喝完了 | 
| [17:42] | I want a better family! | 我想要更好的家庭 | 
| [17:45] | Malcolm Malcolm… | |
| [17:48] | Go get yogurt. | 去喝酸奶 | 
| [17:50] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧吧 | 
| [17:51] | Gone. | 去吧 | 
| [17:53] | Can’t you make iced tea? | 你不能泡杯红茶吗 | 
| [17:55] | No! | 不行 | 
| [17:56] | I don’t want to go to a special class. | 我不想去上特殊课堂 | 
| [17:59] | People think I’m weird enough already. | 大家已经觉得我够怪异了 | 
| [18:01] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [18:02] | I like where I am. I want to stay. | 我喜欢现在的地方 我想留下来 | 
| [18:04] | That’s because you don’t understand the world yet. | 因为你还不了解外面的世界 | 
| [18:08] | Sweetie, life does not give you | 亲爱的 生活并没有给你 | 
| [18:10] | a lot of chances to move up | 太多往上爬的机会 | 
| [18:11] | even if you deserve it. | 尽管你足够优秀 | 
| [18:13] | Look at your dad and me. | 看看你父亲和我 | 
| [18:14] | Malcolm, I’m proud of you. | Malcolm 我为你骄傲 | 
| [18:18] | You boys are so lucky. | 你们真幸运 | 
| [18:19] | You have so many gifts that other kids don’t have. | 你们有旁人没有的天赋 | 
| [18:22] | And I don’t just mean Stevie Kenarban, either. | 我并不单指Stevie Kenarban | 
| [18:25] | I mean, look at those Parker boys across the street. | 你看看街对面Parker家的人 | 
| [18:28] | They may be healthy, but honest to God | 他们或许很健康对上帝忠心耿耿 | 
| [18:30] | those are the ugliest little boys ever born. | 但他们是最丑的小男孩 | 
| [18:31] | They look like boiled beets, don’t you think? | 他们就像煮熟的甜菜对吧 | 
| [18:34] | And those Henderson kids? | 而那些Henderson的孩子们 | 
| [18:35] | That electrocuted their dog | 为了要坐免费的的士 | 
| [18:37] | when they were trying to get free cable. | 电坏了自家的狗 | 
| [18:38] | How smart can they be? | 他们能有多聪明 | 
| [18:41] | And your friend Richard. | 还有你的伙伴Richard | 
| [18:42] | He’s not ugly or dumb. | 他不丑也不笨 | 
| [18:44] | Yes, but he’s very effeminate. | 没错 可他一点都不强壮 | 
| [18:46] | Just remember | 只要记住 | 
| [18:48] | any kid who makes fun of you | 取笑你的 | 
| [18:50] | is a creepy little loser | 都是变态的可怜虫 | 
| [18:52] | who’ll end up working in a car wash. | 他们最终会以洗车为生 | 
| [18:54] | This shouldn’t make me feel better, but it does. | 这不应该让我更好受 但事实如此 | 
| [18:58] | You’ll be all right, sweetie. | 你会习惯的 亲爱的 | 
| [19:00] | If you don’t make a big deal out of this | 如果你从中没收获的话 | 
| [19:02] | nobody else will either. | 其他人也做不到 | 
| [19:04] | And I just can’t say enough | 我不能完全表达出 | 
| [19:06] | about how proud we should all be of Malcolm | 对于Malcolm进去天才班 | 
| [19:08] | for getting into the gifted program. | 的骄傲感 | 
| [19:11] | Now Malcolm may not look different than the rest of us | Malcolm可能看上去没什么不同 | 
| [19:13] | but he is. | 但他确实不同 | 
| [19:15] | Very different. In his brain. | 他的脑袋比常人优秀 | 
| [19:19] | And I think we should recognize him for that. | 我认为我们应该恭喜他 | 
| [19:26] | Bye. | 再见 | 
| [19:28] | All righty, today we are starting a new section | 好的 今天我们学习新课程 | 
| [19:30] | on the Peloponnesian War | 伯罗奔尼撒战争 | 
| [19:32] | which I know you are all going to love. | 我想你们都会喜欢它的 | 
| [19:35] | Malcolm Malcolm? | |
| [19:37] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 | 
| [19:41] | Uh, yeah. | 还好 | 
| [19:43] | Fine. | 很好 | 
| [19:45] | All right. | 好的 | 
| [19:46] | Excuse me. | 借过 | 
| [19:54] | Stop staring at me! | 别盯着我看 | 
| [20:06] | Why do they keep doing that? | 他们为啥一直这么干 | 
| [20:08] | You’re new. | 因为你是新同学 | 
| [20:09] | Oh, great. | 好吧 | 
| [20:10] | So I’m the freak of the freak show? | 所以我是这场怪物表演中的怪物吗 | 
| [20:12] | Pi to 50 places. | π后面五十位数 | 
| [20:15] | Mark. Set. Go. | 预备 起 | 
| [20:17] | 3.1 41 592653 3.1 41 592653 | |
| [20:20] | 5897 93 23 5897 93 23– | |
| [20:21] | Turn around, or I swear to God | 转过身去 不然我向上帝发誓 | 
| [20:24] | I’ll kill you. | 我会杀了你的 | 
| [20:27] | Just… chill out. | 只需要 冷静下来 | 
| [20:29] | Don’t tell me to chill out. | 别叫我冷静 | 
| [20:30] | You chill out. | 你冷静点 | 
| [20:32] | Nobody can live like this. | 没人能像这样活着 | 
| [20:33] | – I’m okay. – Oh, sure. | – 我可以 – 噢 那当然 | 
| [20:35] | You’re okay because it doesn’t make any difference to you. | 因为这一切对你没意义 | 
| [20:38] | You’ve always been a freak. | 你一直是个怪物 | 
| [20:39] | I used to be normal. | 我过去是正常人 | 
| [20:42] | Wait. Who just said that? | 等等 刚才是谁说这话的 | 
| [20:46] | You’re going to take that the wrong way | 你听错了 | 
| [20:48] | aren’t you? | 是吧 | 
| [20:49] | You… | 你 | 
| [20:51] | suck. | 烂人 | 
| [20:58] | It’s so cool! | 酷极了 | 
| [21:01] | Around here, being smart is exactly like being radioactive. | 在这儿 聪明意味着有放射性 | 
| [21:18] | I can’t believe I’m doing this. | 难以想象我干这个 | 
| [21:26] | Stevie Stevie? | |
| [21:28] | What? | 什么事 | 
| [21:31] | Look | 听着 | 
| [21:34] | I… | 我 | 
| [21:37] | Score! | 得分 | 
| [21:41] | Hey, Spath! | 嘿 Spath | 
| [21:43] | Why don’t you stop being such a buttwipe?! | 你为什么不能别像擦屁股的一样 | 
| [21:45] | Ooh. | 哇哦 | 
| [21:51] | What’d you call me? | 你说我像什么 | 
| [21:52] | You heard me! | 你明明听到了 | 
| [21:54] | I don’t care anymore! | 我再也不介意了 | 
| [21:55] | I just don’t care, Spath, okay? | 我不介意了 Spath 好吧 | 
| [21:57] | Alls you ever do is make everybody miserable! | 你干的所有事都让旁人痛苦难受 | 
| [21:59] | Except for your little monkey-slaves over there. | 除了那边你的小跟班们 | 
| [22:02] | Who, by the way, only pretend to like you. | 他们只是假装喜欢你 | 
| [22:04] | They hate you as much as everyone else does! | 他们和其他人一样讨厌你 | 
| [22:06] | And you’re just too busy being mean and stupid | 而你总是尖酸愚钝 | 
| [22:08] | to ever figure it out! | 连这都不知道 | 
| [22:09] | I keep trying to run, but my legs won’t work. | 我想逃跑 但是我腿不听使唤了 | 
| [22:12] | Mom was right: They are important. | 老妈说的是对的 他们很重要 | 
| [22:15] | Wow. | 哇塞 | 
| [22:16] | I don’t know about you | 我并不了解你 | 
| [22:18] | but the Krelboyne really hurt my feelings. | 但是Krelboyne伤了我感情 | 
| [22:25] | Hey… | 嘿 | 
| [22:26] | Go away, Stevie. | 躲开 Stevie | 
| [22:29] | It’s good you two are friends. | 你们俩是朋友 真不错 | 
| [22:31] | He won’t mind sharing his wheelchair. | 他不介意和你分享轮椅的 | 
| [22:33] | Okay, this is where something good happens, finally. | 最终发生了点好事 | 
| [22:37] | So we’re going to slow down | 我们能慢慢地 | 
| [22:39] | and make it last as long as possible. | 拖得越久越好 | 
| [23:20] | Dude, you hit a cripple. | 老兄 你打了个残疾人 | 
| [23:27] | I didn’t mean to… I wasn’t trying… | 我不是故意的 我只是想 | 
| [23:29] | Stevie, I’m sorry. | Stevie 对不起 | 
| [23:33] | Ow… | 哇 | 
| [23:36] | aah… | 哈 | 
| [23:39] | ow! | 噢 | 
| [23:40] | What’s your problem? | 你怎么了 | 
| [23:42] | I mean, he’s in a wheelchair and he has glasses. | 他坐着轮椅戴着眼镜 | 
| [23:54] | So then, the principal comes out | 接着校长出现了 | 
| [23:56] | and everyone’s all talking at once. | 大家都开始对他说 | 
| [23:58] | So the story he puts together | 所以他拼凑起来的故事就是 | 
| [23:59] | is that Spath attacks Stevie for his lunch | Spath为了Stevie的午餐打了他 | 
| [24:01] | and I’m like this hero that stepped in to defend him. | 我是为了帮助他挺身而出的英雄 | 
| [24:04] | It was beautiful. | 故事很美 | 
| [24:06] | Okay, it wasn’t funny when Spath started crying. | 好吧 Spath哭了所以不好笑 | 
| [24:10] | No, wait, it was. | 不 等一下 还是好笑 | 
| [24:14] | Dad’s hair… ugh. | 老爸的毛 | 
| [24:17] | Yeah, I know. It’s gross. | 我知道 很恶心 | 
| [24:20] | But, hey, if a bunch of birds | 但是 如果一群鸟 | 
| [24:22] | can make the best out of what they get | 能安于现状 | 
| [24:24] | then so can I. | 那我也可以 | 
| [24:25] | Malcolm Malcolm? | |
| [24:26] | Like having to go to special class. | 就像我得去特殊课堂一样 | 
| [24:28] | I can make it work out, right? | 我做得到的对吧 | 
| [24:30] | Malcolm Malcolm? | |
| [24:31] | Not now! | 等一下 | 
| [24:32] | Or my family. | 或者对我家人而言 | 
| [24:33] | We’re not the greatest family in the world | 我们不是世界上最棒的家庭 | 
| [24:35] | but we can get better. | 但我们能越来越好 | 
| [24:37] | I mean, it’s not impossible. | 我是说 还是有可能的 | 
| [24:39] | Malcolm Malcolm? | |
| [24:40] | What?! | 怎么了 | 
| [24:41] | Can I get out? | 我能出来吗 | 
| [24:42] | No, stop asking. | 不 别问了 | 
| [24:43] | So basically, I think everything’s going to be okay. | 所以基本上我认为一切都会好起来的 | 
| [24:48] | A bug went up my nose. | 我鼻子上有只虫子 | 
| [24:50] | So what do you want me to do about it? | 这我无能为力好吧 |