时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’ll say yon grey is not the morning’s eye | 我会说那远方的灰蒙不是曙光初现 |
[00:05] | tis but the pale reflect of Cynthia’s brow | 它只是月之女神蛾眉苍白的影像 |
[00:08] | nor that is not the lark | 也不是云雀 |
[00:09] | whose notes do beat | 的歌声响彻 |
[00:11] | the vaulty heavens so high above our heads. | 我们头顶上的苍穹 |
[00:15] | I have more care to stay than will to go. | 我愿意停留而不愿离去 |
[00:18] | Come, Death. And welcome.” | 来吧 死亡 欢迎之至 |
[00:24] | Yes! He nailed it! | 耶 他搞定了 |
[00:26] | Malcolm, that was wonderful! | Malcolm 真是太棒了 |
[00:31] | So sensitive and full of passion. | 感情如此细腻以及充满激情 |
[00:34] | Which just beautiful. | 简直太完美了 |
[00:41] | Before you say anything | 在你张口说话之前 |
[00:42] | just remember we’re best friends. | 记着 我们是最好的朋友 |
[00:44] | So that wheelchair | 所以轮椅 |
[00:45] | isn’t going to stop me from kicking your ass. | 也阻止不了我揍你 |
[00:48] | Bring it on, Homeo. | 来吧 猴密欧 |
[01:25] | What do you mean what happens when you die? | 什么叫做当你死时会发生什么 |
[01:27] | You’re dead. | 你就是死了 |
[01:28] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[01:30] | Now, honey, that’s not quite true. | 宝贝 那也不全对 |
[01:32] | Actually, son, after death | 事实上 孩子 在你死后 |
[01:33] | your body undergoes a fascinating series of changes. | 你的身体会经历一系列奇妙的变化 |
[01:37] | First it bloats up like a balloon | 首先它会像个气球一样膨胀起来 |
[01:39] | then shrivels like a raisin. | 然后又会像葡萄干那样枯皱下去 |
[01:41] | Then tiny microbes | 最后那些你看不见 |
[01:42] | you can’t even see, but are on you right now | 但在你身上的细菌 |
[01:45] | start to devour your flesh | 开始消化你的肉 |
[01:47] | and return all the elements in your body back to the soil. | 身体内所有的元素都回归尘土 |
[01:50] | Now,some people will tell you that your hair keeps growing | 有些人会说你头发还会长 |
[01:53] | But that’s…that’s a myth. | 但那只是个传说 |
[01:56] | It’s actually your head that shrinks. | 那只不过是你的头在萎缩罢了 |
[01:58] | Now go get ready for Aunt Helen’s funeral. | 现在 去准备好参加Helen阿姨的葬礼 |
[02:04] | Julie, listen, I’m sorry I’m canceling out so late. | Julie 听着 抱歉临时取消约会 |
[02:07] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[02:08] | I mean, it’s a funeral. | 这毕竟是个葬礼 |
[02:09] | So, were you close with your aunt? | 你和你的阿姨亲近么 |
[02:12] | No, but I guess my mom was. | 没有 但我猜我妈是 |
[02:14] | She keeps saying how important this is. | 她不停的说这有多重要 |
[02:16] | Anyway, I’m really sorry. | 总而言之 我非常抱歉 |
[02:17] | Especially since you’re stuck with the extra ticket. | 特别是你要为那张多余的票发愁 |
[02:19] | Well, that’s okay. | 没事的 |
[02:20] | Maybe I’ll ask Jimmy to go. | 或许我该叫Jimmy一块儿 |
[02:22] | Who’s Jimmy? | 哪个Jimmy |
[02:23] | Jimmy Westcott. He plays football. | Jimmy Westcott 他踢足球的 |
[02:25] | Bye. | 再见 |
[02:28] | Oh, yeah. Life’s fair. | 当然 生活是公平的 |
[02:31] | You called that girl? | 你打电话给那女孩没 |
[02:32] | Yes, I called her.I called her and told her I couldn’t go to the concert | 打了 并且告诉她我不能去音乐会 |
[02:36] | and now she’s probably going to invite someone else. | 现在她说不定在邀请别人呢 |
[02:38] | Well, Malcolm, I’m sorry that my mother’s sister– | Malcolm 抱歉 我妈妈的妹妹 |
[02:42] | the woman who took care of me every day after school– | 那个在放学后照顾我的女人 |
[02:44] | had to die | 要在这个时候死掉 |
[02:45] | and inconvenience your social life. | 给你的社交生活带来不便 |
[02:49] | She does it on purpose. | 她肯定是故意的 |
[02:50] | I could have made up a million different escape plans | 我能编出几百万个不去参加的理由 |
[02:53] | but now my brain is filled with mom guilt. | 但现在 我满脑子都是对我妈的内疚 |
[03:05] | Who’s this? | 这是谁 |
[03:07] | How should I know. | 我怎么会知道 |
[03:08] | Hal Hal? | |
[03:10] | Beats me. | 问倒我了 |
[03:12] | Dewey Dewey… | |
[03:15] | is this a friend of yours? | 那是你朋友吗 |
[03:17] | Uh-huh. | 呃 是吧 |
[03:17] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[03:18] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:22] | What’s your name, son? | 孩子 你叫什么名字 |
[03:28] | Did he say Greg? | 他说的是Greg吗 |
[03:29] | I thought he said Craig. | 我觉得他说的是Craig |
[03:30] | His name is Egg. | 他的名字叫蛋 |
[03:33] | Egg? | 蛋 |
[03:34] | I named him. | 我给他取的 |
[03:35] | Well, you can’t keep him. | 不 你不能把他留下 |
[03:36] | He needs to go home, okay? | 他需要回家 明白吗 |
[03:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:41] | This stinks. | 烂透了 |
[03:42] | Whether it’s a wedding, funeral or court date | 无论是婚礼 葬礼或者庭审日 |
[03:45] | these family gatherings are always the same. | 家庭聚会总是千篇一律 |
[03:54] | I can’t wait till I get zits. | 我都等不及长青春痘了 |
[03:56] | At least then I can fight back. | 起码那时我能反击了 |
[03:59] | Hal, you have to get ready. | Hal 你得去准备了 |
[04:00] | Why are you still messing around with those record albums? | 为啥你还在抱着那堆脏乱的光盘乱晃 |
[04:02] | I thought I was going to spend today in the garage | 我原以为我能在车库里待一天 |
[04:05] | listening to them on my quadraphonic | 用我的四声道音响放它们 |
[04:06] | but now that we’re going to the funeral | 但现在既然我们要去参加葬礼 |
[04:09] | I have to reseal the shrink wrap. | 我得把它们重新封口 |
[04:10] | Hal Hal! | |
[04:10] | I’ll hurry OK | 很快的 好吧 |
[04:11] | I have to get my speech ready anyway. | 反正我也要去准备演讲稿了 |
[04:13] | Honey, you know you don’t have to | 亲爱的 你不需要在所有我们参加的 |
[04:14] | talk at every funeral we go to. | 葬礼上演说 |
[04:16] | I wish that were true. | 我倒希望这是真的 |
[04:18] | You see how people look to me | 当他们问 还有谁要发言时 |
[04:19] | when they ask if somebody has a few words to say? | 你看到他们看我的眼神了么 |
[04:21] | They’re not looking to you | 他们并不是指你 |
[04:22] | they’re looking at you. | 他们是看着你 |
[04:23] | To, at… what’s the difference? | 指 看 有什么区别吗 |
[04:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:30] | Hey, Mom, I’m just warning you | 嘿 妈 我就是打来提醒你 |
[04:31] | someone claiming to be the Commandant might call you soon. | 一些自称是指挥官的人可能会打给你 |
[04:34] | It’s this guy down the hall. | 其实是离家不远的那家伙 |
[04:36] | Play along and pretend you believe him. | 就顺着他说下去并假装相信他 |
[04:37] | He’s totally harmless. | 他完全是无害的 |
[04:38] | Francis I really can’t talk to you right now. | 我没空和你说话了 |
[04:40] | We’re on our way to Aunt Helen’s funeral. | 我们要准备去参加Helen阿姨的葬礼了 |
[04:43] | Aunt Helen died? | Helen阿姨死了 |
[04:44] | Well, I sure hope so. | 我是这么希望的 |
[04:45] | We’re going to her funeral. | 毕竟我们要去的是葬礼啊 |
[04:46] | Well, when did she die? | 她什么时候死的 |
[04:48] | Mom, why didn’t anybody tell me? | 妈 为什么没有人告诉我 |
[04:49] | Well honey we just had…we | 呃 宝贝 我们 |
[04:50] | We didn’t want to have to worry you over nothing. | 我们不想用一些琐事来烦你 |
[04:52] | Nothing? She’s dead. | 琐事 她死了诶 |
[04:54] | How’s Uncle Fred taking it? | Fred叔叔怎么样了 |
[04:55] | I don’t think he’s thought too much about it. | 我倒不觉得他会想太多 |
[04:56] | He died about two months ago. | 他两个月前就死了 |
[04:57] | What?! | 什么 |
[04:58] | Francis, I’m sorry. I really have to go. | Francis 抱歉 但我真得走了 |
[05:00] | Here, talk to your brother. | 和你弟弟说吧 |
[05:01] | Mom? Hello? | 妈 还在吗 |
[05:05] | All right, let’s see it. | 好了 给我瞧瞧 |
[05:07] | I can’t breathe. | 我不能呼吸了 |
[05:09] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:10] | You know the drill. | 你知道那招的 |
[05:11] | Upgrade. | 升级装备 |
[05:20] | See? Problem solved. | 看见没 问题解决了 |
[05:23] | Hello? | 看这儿呢 |
[05:25] | Oh. | 噢 |
[05:26] | Okay, well, you can wear | 你可以穿Fred叔叔留给你 |
[05:27] | one of the suits that Uncle Fred left you. | 西装中的任意一件 |
[05:29] | Aw, Mom, a dead suit? | 妈 死人穿过的西装 |
[05:33] | Cool. A dead suit. | 酷 死人的西装 |
[05:38] | Dewey, why don’t you help | Dewey 为什么不帮你的 |
[05:40] | your little friend find his way out? | 小伙伴找到回家的路呢 |
[05:41] | I did. He keeps coming back. | 我帮了啊 但他一直回来 |
[05:49] | This thing’s an open casket, right? | 这是个遗体展示式的葬礼 对吧 |
[05:51] | I think so. Why? | 应该是吧 怎么了 |
[05:52] | Because I’m going to stash this with Aunt Helen. | 因为我要把这个放在Helen阿姨旁边 |
[05:56] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[05:57] | It’s a Mighty Man. | 这是威力侠 |
[05:58] | Mom and Dad had it in their closet | 不知道为什么 |
[05:59] | for some reason. | 爸和妈把这放在柜子里 |
[06:00] | It’s Dewey’s birthday next week. | Dewey的生日下个星期就到了 |
[06:02] | This is his present. | 这是他的生日礼物 |
[06:03] | Oh. | 噢 |
[06:04] | What’d you do to it? | 你对它干了什么 |
[06:05] | I stomped on it. | 我使劲踩了它 |
[06:06] | Why would you do that? | 你为啥这么做 |
[06:09] | Look, I don’t know why I do the things I do. | 我也不知道为什么 |
[06:11] | I just know I don’t want to get caught. | 我只知道我不想被抓 |
[06:13] | That’s why Aunt Helen is getting a new friend. | 这就是为啥Helen阿姨要有新朋友了 |
[06:15] | You’re going to bury that with her? | 你要把这个和她埋在一起 |
[06:17] | You are so dead. | 你死定了 |
[06:18] | Hey, I watch lawyer shows. | 嘿 我看过法律节目的好不 |
[06:20] | Mom will think I did it | 妈会认为这是我干的 |
[06:22] | but she can’t prove it without this. | 但没有这个她什么也证明不了 |
[06:23] | It’s in the Constitution– | 根据宪法里说 |
[06:25] | No evidence, no conviction. | 没有证据 没有结论 |
[06:27] | E pluribus unum. | 合众为一 |
[06:34] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 太好了 |
[06:36] | Hi, honey. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[06:37] | You know I finally found my joke cards. | 我终于找着我的笑话卡 |
[06:38] | For some reason they were behind the water heater. | 不知为啥 它们在热水壶的后面 |
[06:41] | – Really? – Hey, how’s this? | – 真的 – 嘿 听听这个 |
[06:42] | A priest, a rabbi and Uncle Fred are… | 一个牧师 一个法师 和Fred叔叔在 |
[06:44] | Aunt Helen. | Helen阿姨 |
[06:45] | Are playing golf with Saint Peter. | 在和圣彼得玩高尔夫 |
[06:47] | Hal, please. | Hal 别这样 |
[06:48] | Have you seen my pun file? | 你看见我的笑话集没 |
[06:50] | It’s in a box marked ”laughter thoughts.” | 在那个写着”搞笑的想法”的盒子里 |
[06:54] | Laughter thoughts? | 搞笑的想法 |
[07:00] | How did she die? | 她怎么死的 |
[07:01] | Cats ate her face. | 猫吃了她的脸 |
[07:03] | Dewey, I think you’re confused. | Dewey 我想你搞错了 |
[07:04] | I’m asking about Aunt Helen. | 我问的是Helen阿姨 |
[07:06] | Cats ate her face. | 猫吃了她的脸 |
[07:07] | Look,would you please just put Mom or Dad on the phone. | 让爸或妈接电话 |
[07:10] | Hello? | 怎么了 |
[07:11] | Dad, what happened to Aunt Helen? | 爸 到底Helen阿姨发生了什么 |
[07:13] | Cats ate her face.Here, Dewey knows more about it than I do. | 猫吃了她的脸 Dewey对这事更清楚 |
[07:18] | Mom, I hate wearing Reese’s hand-me-downs. | 妈 穿Reese的西装实在太难受了 |
[07:21] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[07:23] | Jelly in the pockets, the fly’s broken | 果冻在口袋里 裤裆拉链是坏的 |
[07:26] | and it smells like wet dog. | 闻起来像条落汤狗 |
[07:28] | Well, you should be glad he only wore it once. | 那你应该高兴他只穿过一次 |
[07:31] | You know, I’m trying to be there for Mom | 你看 我在尽量理解我妈 |
[07:33] | but the annoyances are starting to outweigh the guilt. | 但烦躁的感觉开始超过内疚了 |
[07:36] | I’m this close to sneaking out of the whole thing. | 就差这么一点 我就要开溜了 |
[07:39] | Well, I suppose you’re entitled to complain. | 行 我想你有权抱怨 |
[07:41] | After all, it’s only my Aunt Helen. | 毕竟 这只是我的Helen阿姨 |
[07:45] | What is she, a mind reader? | 她是个啥 会读心术么 |
[07:47] | And then there were ants on her bones | 然后有蚂蚁在她的骨头上 |
[07:49] | and the police came. | 最后警察就来了 |
[07:50] | Dad, listen… | 爸 听着 |
[07:51] | can you think of anything that rhymes with cadaver? | 你能想到什么和尸体押韵的词吗 |
[07:54] | Dad How long is this funeral going to take? | 这葬礼要举办多久 |
[07:56] | Including traveling time? All day. | 包括在路上的么 一整天呢 |
[07:58] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[07:59] | But remember it will make your mom happy. | 但记着 这会让你妈高兴 |
[08:02] | Mom really loved Aunt Helen, huh? | 妈是真的很爱Helen阿姨 不是吗 |
[08:04] | Oh, God, no. Your mom hated her. | 不 当然不 你妈恨死她了 |
[08:07] | What? She hated her? | 什么 她恨她 |
[08:09] | Everyone did. Horrible woman. | 每个人都恨 可怕的女人 |
[08:11] | I used to have to forbid her from | 我以前禁止她打电话到家里来 |
[08:13] | calling here ’cause she always made your mom cry. | 因为她每次都会把你妈弄哭 |
[08:15] | I can’t believe Mom tricked me like that. | 真不敢相信妈骗了我 |
[08:17] | I’ll tell you one thing– | 告诉你件事 |
[08:19] | I now consider myself totally free | 我觉得我现在有权 |
[08:21] | to ditch this funeral. | 摆脱这个葬礼了 |
[08:23] | I got to call Julie. | 我得打电话给Julie |
[08:25] | Hello? | 嘿 |
[08:26] | Malcolm Malcolm! | |
[08:27] | Thank God, somebody I can talk to. | 谢天谢地 终于能有说话的人了 |
[08:29] | Sorry, I have to make a call. | 对不起 我得打个电话 |
[08:36] | So, your aunt’s… not dead? | 所以 你阿姨没死吗 |
[08:39] | No. It turned out to be one of those comas | 不 结果 她只是昏迷了 |
[08:41] | where they think you’re dead | 就是那种 其他人觉得你死了 |
[08:42] | and they put you on the embalmer’s table | 并把你放在尸体桌上 |
[08:44] | and you wake up at the last second. | 但你在最后一秒醒过来了 |
[08:46] | It was a close call. | 就差那么一点儿呢 |
[08:48] | Uh, okay. | 呃 好吧 |
[08:49] | I guess we’ll pick you up at 2:00. | 我们会在2点钟来接你 |
[08:51] | Great. | 好的 |
[08:53] | I figure I’ll commit to it first and come up with a plan later. | 我先给她一个承诺 然后再想应对计划 |
[08:56] | I always think better under pressure… | 在压力下 我总会有好点子 |
[08:58] | or is it when I’m not under pressure? | 还是说在没有压力的情况下 |
[09:01] | Oh, well. | 噢 好吧 |
[09:02] | Too late now. | 反正已经太迟了 |
[09:04] | I’m ready to go. | 我准备好了 |
[09:05] | Yeah. Hey! | 成 嘿 |
[09:06] | You’re taking a backpack to the funeral? | 你要背个双肩包去参加葬礼 |
[09:09] | My back gets cold. | 我的背怕冷 |
[09:11] | Fair enough. | 有道理 |
[09:12] | Look, Francis | 听着 Francis |
[09:13] | I guess I get scattered. | 我想我是忙坏了 |
[09:15] | You know, sometimes I forget what I told you | 你看 有时候我忘记和你说了啥 |
[09:16] | and you’re not here so… | 你又不在身边 所以 |
[09:17] | I’m not there because you sent me away. | 我不在身边 是因为你把我送走了 |
[09:20] | I swear, I’m not even a part of this family anymore. | 我发誓 我不再是这个家庭的一部分了 |
[09:22] | Francis, it’s very important that you understand | Francis 你得明白那不是真的 |
[09:25] | that is not true | 这很重要 |
[09:27] | but I don’t have time right now. | 但我现在实在没多少时间了 |
[09:28] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[09:29] | It’s not like it’s a matter of life and death. | 这又不是什么关乎生死的大事 |
[09:31] | Oh, wait, it is! | 噢 等等 这是 |
[09:33] | Anyone else die in the last | 是不是还有谁死了 |
[09:34] | five minutes I should know about? | 我也是最后一刻才知道 |
[09:35] | Francis You wanna know everything that’s been happening? | 你想知道最近发生的所有事 |
[09:37] | Your father mowed the lawn | 你爸割了草坪 |
[09:39] | Reese polished off all the cereal | Reese吃光了所有的麦片 |
[09:40] | and I dropped a frying pan on my foot | 一个平底锅掉下砸在我脚上了 |
[09:42] | and I got a big black toe. | 我的脚黑紫了一大块 |
[09:43] | You want me to send a picture? | 要我寄张照片么 |
[09:47] | Egg! Cut it out! | Egg 住手 |
[09:50] | Who is Egg? | Egg是谁 |
[09:51] | Oh, he’s a new boy in the house. | 家里新来的一个男孩 |
[09:53] | What?! | 什么 |
[09:55] | Okay, it’ll only hurt for a second | 来吧 这只会痛个几秒钟 |
[09:57] | and I’ll get out of the funeral. | 然后就能摆脱葬礼了 |
[10:00] | I can tell Julie a really cool story | 关于我怎么乌青眼的 |
[10:02] | about how I got my black eye. | 还能编个很酷的故事告诉Julie |
[10:07] | Aw, I’m so gutless. | 噢 我太没出息了 |
[10:10] | Why are you taking so long? Let’s go. | 你怎么这么磨蹭 出发了 |
[10:12] | Reese, listen. | Reese 听着 |
[10:14] | I know it sounds crazy | 我知道这听起来像疯了 |
[10:15] | but I need you to hit me. | 但我需要你用力打我 |
[10:18] | You idiot! | 你个白痴 |
[10:19] | In the eye! | 打眼睛 |
[10:21] | And leave a mark for Mom to see? | 让老妈看见证据么 |
[10:23] | Forget it. | 想都别想 |
[10:24] | No bruises, no evidence… | 没有瘀伤 没有证据 |
[10:26] | no crime. | 没有犯罪 |
[10:30] | I guess we move on to plan ”B:” lying. | 我想我得进行B计划了 撒谎 |
[10:34] | What book report? | 什么读书笔记 |
[10:35] | I just remembered. | 就是突然想起 |
[10:35] | I have a big book report due tomorrow | 我有个读书笔记得明天交 |
[10:37] | and I haven’t even started reading it. | 我还没开始读呢 |
[10:40] | Standard technique– | 惯用伎俩 |
[10:41] | You volunteer a small crime | 通过小错 |
[10:42] | to distract them from looking for the big one. | 把他们从大错上引开 |
[10:45] | So, what’s the report on? | 那是哪本书的读书笔记 |
[10:47] | A Tale of Two Cities. | <双城记> |
[10:48] | – Oh, how many words? – 7 50. | – 要多少个字 – 750 |
[10:50] | Was that on your assignment sheet? | 写在你的作业表上了吗 |
[10:51] | – No, it’s an addendum. – When did you get that? | – 不 在附录上 – 你什么时候收到的 |
[10:53] | Thursday. I didn’t bring it home. | 周四 我没把它带回来 |
[10:55] | That’s why I forgot to do the assignment. | 所以我就忘了做 |
[10:56] | Ooh, nice one. | 噢 做得好 |
[10:58] | Well, I suppose if it’s school work… | 我想 既然是学校作业 |
[11:01] | That’s the mislead. | 那只是误导 |
[11:02] | Wait for the reverse. | 等着看反转吧 |
[11:04] | A Tale of Two Cities. | <双城记> |
[11:06] | Who’s that by? | 作者是谁 |
[11:07] | Charles Dickens. | 查理斯 狄更斯 |
[11:08] | Oh, I thought it was Victor Hugo. | 噢 我还以为是 维克多 雨果呢 |
[11:10] | No, it’s Dickens. | 不 是狄更斯 |
[11:11] | Is that the one with Jean Valjean? | 那里面是有一个叫冉阿让吗 |
[11:12] | That’s Les Miserables. | 那是 <悲惨世界> |
[11:13] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[11:14] | Isn’t A Tale of Two Cities | 难道<双城记>不是说 |
[11:16] | the one with Jean Valjean, where he’s says | 一个叫冉阿让的男人 |
[11:18] | It’s a far, far better thing I do…” | 说他在偷面包之前 |
[11:20] | right before he steals a loaf of bread? | 相当有成就么 |
[11:21] | No. Sidney Carton says that right before they behead him. | 不 Sidney Carton在他被砍头前才这么说 |
[11:24] | I thought you hadn’t read it. | 你不是还没读么 |
[11:26] | What? | 什么 |
[11:27] | No. I said I hadn’t written it. | 不 我说我还没写 |
[11:29] | And when is it due? | 那截止日期是什么时候 |
[11:30] | Tomorrow, I told you. | 明天 我告诉过你啦 |
[11:31] | – On Les Miserables? – Yes. No! | – <悲惨世界> – 对啊 不对 |
[11:34] | -It’s A Tale of Two Cities. – Which you haven’t read. | – <双城记> – 你没读过的 |
[11:36] | – Right. – But you just said you did. | – 对 – 但你刚才说你已经读了 |
[11:38] | No, I-I said I didn’t, and then you said… | 不 我说我没读过 然后你说 |
[11:42] | it was Thursday, and… | 是星期四 然后 |
[11:45] | Look, I just don’t want to go to this stupid funeral. | 好吧 我只是不想去参加那愚蠢的葬礼 |
[11:47] | There’s no reason for me to go | 没理由要我去啊 |
[11:48] | and I want to go to the concert with Julie! | 并且我想和Julie一起参加音乐会 |
[11:50] | Let’s go! Let’s go.I’ll be waiting in the car. | 出发 我会在车里等着 |
[11:53] | Malcolm Malcolm | |
[11:54] | I am ashamed of you– | 我真为你想缺席 |
[11:56] | Wanting to deny your poor Aunt Helen her due. | 你可怜的Helen阿姨的葬礼感到羞愧 |
[11:58] | No, that won’t work on me because I know | 不 这招对我没用了 我知道 |
[12:01] | you didn’t love Aunt Helen. You hated her! | 你并不爱Helen阿姨 你恨她 |
[12:03] | ‘Course I did. What does that have to do with anything? | 我确实恨她 但这和参加葬礼有什么关系 |
[12:05] | What? | 什么 |
[12:06] | Malcolm, this isn’t about love. | Malcolm 这不是因为爱 |
[12:07] | It’s about family. | 这是因为家庭 |
[12:09] | We have a duty to this family | 我们对这个家庭有我们的责任 |
[12:10] | and we are darn well going to do it. | 我们通过这事来增进关系 |
[12:11] | But why? | 但是为什么 |
[12:12] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[12:14] | You can’t just stick the word ”family” in front of something | 你不能随意把家庭这个词放在任何东西前 |
[12:16] | and turn everyone else into slaves. | 然后把所有人变成这词的奴隶 |
[12:18] | It makes no sense. | 这没任何道理 |
[12:20] | No one liked this woman | 没人喜欢这个女人 |
[12:21] | so why do we have to pretend like we did now? | 为什么我们现在得装成我们爱她 |
[12:23] | What good will it do anybody? | 这能为谁带来好处 |
[12:27] | Hal Hal? | |
[12:29] | I got nothing. | 我无话可说 |
[12:30] | I could really use some support here. | 我需要一些你的支持 |
[12:32] | Excuse me? | 怎么了 |
[12:33] | I am being incredibly supportive. | 我正在支持你呢 |
[12:35] | I’m giving up my entire day for this-this thing | 我放弃了我一整天的计划就为这破事 |
[12:37] | and you don’t hear me complaining. | 你也没听到我抱怨吧 |
[12:39] | Hal, it was a bunch of old record albums. | Hal 那只是一堆破旧的专辑 |
[12:41] | It’s not like you’re not giving up something important. | 你又不是放弃什么重要的事 |
[12:43] | Well, they’re important to me. | 它们对我来说就很重要 |
[12:45] | You-You people. | 你们这些人啊 |
[12:46] | I can’t believe you. | 真不敢相信 |
[12:47] | I asked you to do one thing that… | 我就要求你做这一件事 |
[12:49] | You’re not asking; you’re ordering. | 你不是在询问 你是在命令 |
[12:54] | After all I do | 在我为这个家庭 |
[12:55] | for this family. | 做了这么多事之后 |
[12:56] | I cook, I clean, I spackle, I plunge | 我烧饭 我打扫 我补洞 我付出一切 |
[12:59] | and none of it means anything to any of you people | 到头来这些事情对你们来说一点意义都没有 |
[13:01] | and the one time I ask you for something– | 当我要求你们做什么事时 |
[13:03] | something that I shouldn’t even have to ask you for– | 一些我本不用开口要求的事 |
[13:05] | and all I get are complaints! | 我得到的全都是抱怨 |
[13:09] | Well, what about me, hmm? | 那对我来说呢 |
[13:12] | You think I want to be cleaning out the gutters | 你认为我愿意用本应享受欧洲阳光海滩 |
[13:14] | when I could be surfing the beaches of Europe | 或带我的小猪散步的时间 |
[13:17] | or-or cruising around on my hog? | 清理下水沟吗 |
[13:19] | – What hog? – Ah-ha! | – 什么猪 – 啊哈 |
[13:21] | Exactly. | 问的好 |
[13:22] | Where’s my hog?! | 我的猪哪去了 |
[13:24] | Where do you think you’re going? | 你现在要干什么去 |
[13:25] | I have had it! | 我必须得去 |
[13:27] | From now on, no one has to do anything. | 从现在开始 没人必须得干什么 |
[13:29] | We could all just do whatever we want | 我们可以想干嘛就干嘛 |
[13:31] | and I want to take | 现在我想 |
[13:32] | a bubble bath! | 来个泡泡浴 |
[13:34] | Fine! | 成 |
[13:39] | So, that’s a ”yes” on the concert? | 所以 我能去音乐会了 |
[13:47] | Come on, come on. | 来吧 来吧 |
[13:54] | Are you going to be in there all day? | 你准备在这里面待一天 |
[13:57] | If I feel like it. | 可能是吧 |
[13:58] | Fine.Just so you know, when I’m done in the garage | 行 就是想让你知道 当我在车库里完事之后 |
[14:00] | I’m using the bathroom whether you’re in here or not. | 不管你在不在里面 我都要用浴室 |
[14:06] | Mom, I think we should go to Aunt Helen’s funeral. | 妈 我想我们该去Helen阿姨的葬礼 |
[14:09] | I mean, she was a good woman. | 她是个很好的女人 |
[14:11] | It’s the least we can do. | 这是我们能为她做的最后一件事了 |
[14:12] | I don’t know what you’re trying to pull, but I don’t like it. | 我不知道你在计划些啥 但是我不喜欢 |
[14:14] | Am I the only one that cared about her? | 难道我是唯一一个关心她的人吗 |
[14:16] | Yes You’re the good one. Enjoy your moment in the sun. | 是啊 你是个好孩子 享受你的辉煌时光吧 |
[14:19] | Now, get out of here. | 现在 给我出去 |
[14:20] | This is me time. | 这是完全属于我的时间 |
[14:24] | Hey, Reese, which one stinks more? | 嘿 Reese 哪一件更臭一点 |
[14:28] | What’s your problem? | 你有什么毛病 |
[14:29] | You couldn’t keep your | 你就不能在葬礼前 |
[14:30] | big mouth shut until after the funeral. | 闭上你的大嘴巴 |
[14:33] | Now I’ll have to wait for another relative | 现在 我得等到另一个亲戚 |
[14:34] | to die to bury this thing. | 死了才能把这东西埋了 |
[14:36] | It could be weeks. | 这可能要花好几个星期呢 |
[14:37] | You’ll think of something. | 你可以想出其他点子的 |
[14:38] | No, I won’t. | 不 我想不出来 |
[14:39] | You have good ideas all the time | 你总是有很棒的想法 |
[14:41] | but for me, this was special. | 但对于我 这次很特别 |
[14:44] | Hey! You can’t leave this mess here. | 嘿 你不能把这堆脏东西留给我 |
[14:46] | I’ve got a guest coming over. | 我还有个朋友要过来呢 |
[14:47] | Too bad. Thanks to you, no one has to do anything anymore. | 不可能 就因为你现在没有一人在干正经事 |
[14:51] | It’s anarchy, baby. | 无政府状态中 孩子 |
[14:54] | That’s the word, right? | 是这个词没错嘛 |
[15:00] | Um… Mom? | 妈 |
[15:03] | I was just wondering | 我在想 |
[15:05] | if you could wash this shirt for me? | 你能不能帮我把这件衬衣洗了 |
[15:08] | You must be joking. | 你说笑话呢 |
[15:10] | But you’re the only one that knows how to use | 但是你是唯一知道怎么用 |
[15:11] | the washer and dryer without getting shocked. | 洗衣机和烘干机 还不会被电到的人 |
[15:14] | Please? | 求你了 |
[15:15] | Well… since you said please. | 既然你说了求我 |
[15:23] | There you go. | 拿去 |
[15:24] | All washed. | 洗好了 |
[15:29] | I think you’ve been in the garage long enough. | 我觉得你在车库呆的够久了 |
[15:34] | Okay. | 来吧 |
[15:37] | Gosh! | 天啊 |
[15:39] | Well, no, no, no. | 噢 不 不 不 |
[15:41] | You are going to get your own outlet. | 你要拥有单独的插座了 |
[15:44] | Uh… okay, here we go. | 成 让我们来 |
[15:48] | Okay… okay, here we are. | 好了 好了 找到了 |
[16:00] | Come on. | 过来一点 |
[16:02] | Come on. | 过来一点 |
[16:04] | Gotcha! | 成了 |
[16:07] | Oh. | 噢 |
[16:10] | No, not my problem today. | 切 今天这不关我事 |
[16:34] | Hand me that loofah. | 把那丝瓜络给我 |
[16:37] | He wants juice. | 他想要果汁 |
[16:38] | Go get your own juice. | 要果汁自己去倒 |
[16:40] | You said I’m not supposed to. | 你说过我不能自己倒的 |
[16:42] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[16:44] | Okay, from now on | 但从现在开始 |
[16:46] | you are officially old enough to get your own juice. | 你已经到了能自己倒果汁的年纪了 |
[16:48] | Poof. | 消失 |
[16:56] | Darn it. | 完了 |
[16:59] | Darn it. | 完了 |
[17:02] | Darn it. | 完了 |
[17:04] | Mom, I spilled! | 妈 我洒出来了 |
[17:06] | So? Clean it up. | 那又怎样 自己弄干净 |
[17:18] | Green apple soap. | 青苹果味的香皂 |
[17:20] | Girls like green apples, right? | 女孩子喜欢青苹果 是吗 |
[17:24] | Oh, man, she got my pants wet, too. | 噢 天 她还把我的裤子也弄湿了 |
[17:29] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[17:34] | Is Malcolm here? | Malcolm在吗 |
[17:38] | Is Malcolm here?! | Malcolm在吗 |
[17:39] | Huh? | 啥 |
[17:40] | Malcolm Malcolm?! | |
[17:58] | Malcolm Malcolm? | |
[18:06] | Julie Julie! | |
[18:06] | Nothing. | 我什么也没看见 |
[18:18] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[18:19] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[18:20] | I just wanted to be nice. | 我只想友好点 |
[18:21] | People told me not to come to your house. | 大家告诉我不要来你家 |
[18:23] | I thought they were just being silly! | 我还觉得是他们愚昧 |
[18:25] | Julie, I’m sorry. | Julie 对不起 |
[18:27] | Things aren’t usually like this. | 平常这里不这样的 |
[18:29] | Just give me a minute and I’ll be ready to go. | 给我一分钟我就能出发了 |
[18:31] | I don’t want to go anymore! Just leave me alone! | 我不想去了 离我远点 |
[18:40] | How could you let her see me in my underwear? | 你怎么能让她看见我只穿内裤的样子 |
[18:46] | Mom, this has gone too far. | 妈 这有点过了啊 |
[18:47] | You have to do something. | 你得做些什么 |
[18:49] | It’s not supposed to be like this. | 事情不应该会变成这样的 |
[18:51] | We’re not supposed to injure my friends. | 我不应该伤害我的朋友的 |
[18:53] | We’re not supposed to let people see me in my underpants. | 更不应该让人看见我只穿内裤的样子 |
[18:56] | We’re supposed to be there for each other. | 我们应该是彼此最有力的后盾 |
[18:58] | Like when a family member dies, and we’re supposed to go | 就像我们有个家庭成员死了 而我们应该 |
[19:00] | to their funeral? | 去参加葬礼那样 |
[19:02] | I’ll be in my room. | 我回我房间了 |
[19:15] | Then she slid into the trash and ran off. | 然后她滑进一堆垃圾里最后摔门走了 |
[19:18] | I swear, this whole family is falling apart. | 我发誓 这个家庭正在瓦解 |
[19:20] | Yes! I knew this moment would come. | 我就知道这一刻会来的 |
[19:23] | They don’t have their scapegoat around | 他们现在身边没有了替罪羊 |
[19:25] | so everything goes to hell. | 所有的事情都一团糟 |
[19:27] | No one realized that I’m the one who held this family together. | 没有人意识到只有我才能把这个家凝聚起来 |
[19:30] | Without me to blame everything on | 不能把一切都怪罪到我头上 |
[19:32] | they don’t know what to do with themselves. | 他们就完全不知道该怎么办了 |
[19:33] | A scapegoat… thanks. | 替罪羊 谢谢了 |
[19:34] | Mom thinks… | 妈认为 |
[19:36] | He’s right. | 他是对的 |
[19:38] | This family needs a scapegoat. | 这个家需要一个替罪羊 |
[19:40] | I started this, so I should be the one to end it. | 是我开始的 我也得结束这一切 |
[19:52] | I did a terrible thing today. | 我今天做了一件很糟糕的事 |
[19:55] | I tore this family apart | 我让这个家分崩离析 |
[19:57] | and I’m really sorry for that | 对此为我很抱歉 |
[19:59] | but… | 但是 |
[20:00] | it’s not half as bad… as what Reese did! | Reese做了一件比我更糟糕的事 |
[20:07] | Oh, my God! | 噢 该死 |
[20:10] | Was this Dewey’s present? | 这是Dewey的礼物吗 |
[20:12] | Present? | 礼物 |
[20:13] | Reese, how could you? | Reese 你怎么能这样 |
[20:14] | Do you know how expensive this was? | 你知不知道这东西有多贵 |
[20:17] | Hal Hal? | |
[20:17] | I’m on it. | 我来收拾他 |
[20:18] | That was a terrible thing to | 这是你对你弟弟做过的 |
[20:19] | do to your little brother. | 最差劲的事 |
[20:20] | There’s more | 还有呢 |
[20:21] | He was going to bury it with Aunt Helen. | 他打算把这和Helen阿姨埋在一起 |
[20:23] | You were going to make Aunt Helen spend eternity | 你居然想让Helen阿姨永远 |
[20:26] | with a crushed Mighty Man? | 和这坏了的威力侠待在一起 |
[20:27] | M-Mighty Man? | 威力侠 |
[20:29] | I can’t believe you. | 真不敢相信 |
[20:30] | This is a whole new low, Reese. | 这成了你新的下限 Reese |
[20:32] | First of all, this is all circumstantial. | 首先 这件事毫无证据 |
[20:35] | I don’t know how that thing got in my backpack. | 我不知道这东西怎么会在我背包里 |
[20:37] | As for this Aunt Helen business, no one knows what I would’ve | 至于Helen阿姨嘛 谁都不会知道我在她葬礼上 |
[20:40] | done at that funeral because we’re not going. | 干了些什么 因为我们根本不会去 |
[20:42] | Who says we’re not going? | 谁说我们不去了 |
[20:44] | You did. | 你说的 |
[20:44] | Well, you can guess again. | 那你再猜一次 |
[20:46] | You are going to march right up to that coffin | 你得走到那个可怜的女人的 |
[20:48] | and apologize to that poor, dead woman. | 棺材前 向她道歉 |
[20:51] | We all are. | 我们都得去 |
[20:51] | All right, everyone in the car as is. | 成 所有人都到车里去 |
[20:54] | We’ll have to drive creatively, but we might make the end. | 我们得开有些创造性 也许能赶上结尾 |
[20:56] | Let’s go. Chop, chop, here we go! | 我们走吧 快来 |
[21:03] | Egg! Come on! | Egg 快点 |
[21:09] | Aunt Helen used to say | Helen阿姨以前总是说 |
[21:11] | Oh, you’re going to miss me when I’m gone.” | “噢 当我离去的时候 你一定会想我的” |
[21:14] | And, uh, by the looks of today’s turnout | 但通过观察今天的出席者 |
[21:18] | I could see it wasn’t just an idle threat. | 我发现这不是一个没意义的威胁 |
[21:20] | Yeah, Francis, your father’s giving a speech | 没错 Francis 你爸又在演说了 |
[21:22] | and it’s actually kind of good. | 这次倒还真不错 |
[21:24] | Can I get my phone back? | 能把我手机还给我了吗 |
[21:25] | I’m almost done, sweetie. | 我马上就打完了 宝贝儿 |
[21:26] | Oh, Aunt Helen looks just lovely. | 噢 Helen阿姨看起来真平静 |
[21:29] | You turn right back around, mister! | 你不准回头 转回去 |
[21:32] | You’ll never guess what Reese did. | 你不会相信Reese干了什么 |
[21:34] | Well, it’s been a pretty productive day. | 今天真是成果丰硕的一天 |
[21:37] | I madeJulie Rulerman hate me. | 我让Julie Rulerman恨死我了 |
[21:39] | Reese is going to kill me the second we get home | 只要我们一回到家Reese肯定得杀了我 |
[21:41] | and right now | 但现在 |
[21:42] | Aunt Helen is personally bad-mouthing me to God. | Helen阿姨肯定在向上帝抱怨我了 |
[21:47] | You want some more water, Uncle Louie? | 你还要水吗 Louie叔叔 |
[21:48] | Sure. | 好的 |
[21:51] | I need someone to put in a good word for me. | 我需要有人能帮我说些好话 |