时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | Great pancakes Dad! | 煎饼真不错 老爸 |
[00:21] | Oh, thanks! Hey, who’s ready for seconds? | 噢 谢谢 嘿 谁准备好吃下一个了 |
[00:26] | I am! | 我 |
[01:03] | So, which one of these pinks do you want to let float this month. | 你觉得这个月我们应该剩下哪份账单 |
[01:06] | Cable or visa? | 电视还是信用卡 |
[01:07] | Hell we can probably go without cable? | 我们怎么能够没有电视 |
[01:09] | It might be fun, we’ll get together as a family | 一家子聚在一起 |
[01:11] | play boared games, sing songs | 玩玩球 唱唱歌 那会很有趣 |
[01:13] | Ok, you made your point, | 好 你说的对 |
[01:14] | We’ll pay the cable. | 我们付电视费 |
[01:16] | Oh, for crying out loud,the freezer is out again. | 冰箱又坏掉了 |
[01:20] | What? | 什么 |
[01:21] | We just had that fixed. | 我们才修好的不久的 |
[01:22] | I know, stupid piece of junk. | 真是一堆废铁 |
[01:26] | It’s only 5 years old. How can it keep breaking down. | 才用了五年 它怎么可以不断地坏 |
[01:38] | I’ll go get the ice chest from the garage providing that still works. | 我去车库拿冷藏箱 希望那个还能用 |
[01:42] | We’ll let Mom settle this.The loser licks the tub drain. | 我们让妈妈来决定 输的人去舔浴缸的排水口 |
[01:45] | Deal. | 行 |
[01:46] | Mom, whose tongue’s longer? | 妈 谁的舌头长一些 |
[01:50] | Are you going to make us stand out here all day?! | 你们准备让我们一整天都站在外面吗 |
[01:54] | Mom, Dad! | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[01:56] | Oh, my god! Honey! | 奥 我的天 亲爱的 |
[01:58] | Your parents are here! | 你的父母来了 |
[02:07] | Dewey, your grandparents are here. | Dewey 你的外公外婆来了 |
[02:10] | Hey | 嘿 |
[02:12] | – come on in. – So, this is certainly unexpected. | – 请进 – 这真是出人意料 |
[02:14] | What brings you all the way down from Canada? | 什么风把你们从加拿大吹过来了 |
[02:17] | Wait a minute | 等等 |
[02:18] | – this can’t be Reese.- Yep. | – 这不会是Reese吧 – 是的 |
[02:21] | Uh, what’s the matter with you? | 嗯 你怎么了 |
[02:22] | Don’t you clean behind your ears? Look what I found! | 为什么不洗洗你耳朵后面 看我找到了什么 |
[02:25] | Ha-ha, five bucks! Thanks, Grandpa. | 哈哈 五美元 谢谢外公 |
[02:28] | – So, Grandpa, did you have a nice drive down? – Huh? | – 外公 您旅途顺利吗 – 啊 |
[02:31] | I said, did you have a nice drive down? | 我说 您旅途顺利吗 |
[02:33] | I can’t hear this one. He sounds like girl. | 我听不清 他声音像个女孩 |
[02:36] | So, you just decided to hop in the car | 所以 你们决定不先通知我们 |
[02:38] | and drive on down from Canada without calling ahead, huh? | 就跳进车里一路从加拿大开过来了 |
[02:41] | – How fun! – Yeah, how long do you think you’ll be staying? | – 真有趣 – 是的 你们想在这呆多久 |
[02:44] | If we’re such big inconvenience | 如果我们给你们带来了这么大不便 |
[02:46] | we go right now. | 我们现在就走 |
[02:47] | No. No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 不 |
[02:48] | – Please – Don’t be silly. | – 请留下 – 别傻了 |
[02:49] | Uh, Dewey, you remember your grandparents don’t you, sweetie? | 啊 Dewey 你还记得你的外公外婆 对不对 宝贝 |
[02:54] | He needs changing. | 他要换尿布了 |
[02:55] | He always needs changing. | 他总是要人换尿布 |
[02:57] | You take him. Ooh, | 你抱着他 哦 |
[02:59] | let him sit in it. That will teach him. | 让他坐在自己的屎尿里 那样他才会学乖 |
[03:03] | Why don’t you take him. He smells. | 为什么你不抱他 他真臭 |
[03:08] | Ooh, that’s what happens to little boys who squirm. | 哦 这就是小男孩扭动身体后会发生的事情 |
[03:14] | It’s estimated that as many as 30,000 young people have | 据估计 有30000名年轻人蜂拥至新奥尔良参加 |
[03:18] | descended on New Orleans to join in the annual Mardi Gras festivities. | 一年一度的狂欢节庆祝活动 |
[03:22] | At this hour police… | 在这个时候 警察 |
[03:24] | Look at those animals going berserk | 看看这些变得狂暴的动物 |
[03:27] | tearing each other’s clothes off. | 互相撕烂彼此的衣服 |
[03:29] | Those are people with no respect for authority. | 这些人对权威没有任何尊重 |
[03:32] | Eric’s right, that could be us. | Eric说得对 我们也可以那样 |
[03:33] | We left right now | 如果我们现在就走 |
[03:34] | we could be in New Orleans in five hours. | 我们5个小时就可以到新奥尔良 |
[03:36] | How are we gonna get there? | 我们要怎么去那 |
[03:37] | And where are we gonna stay? | 我们在那里待在哪 |
[03:39] | Gentlemen, you quibble with me about logistics | 先生们 当我给你们提供48小时不间断的放荡的机会的时候 |
[03:41] | when I’m offering you 48 hours of nonstop debauchery? | 你们跟我在后勤问题上吹毛求疵么 |
[03:45] | This could be the greatest weekend of our lives. | 这可能会是我们人生中最棒的周末 |
[03:51] | Damn, Francis you should have known | 操 Francis你应该明白 |
[03:53] | better than to eat sushi at a truck stop. | 别在公路边的廉价餐馆吃寿司 |
[03:55] | Hey, the cashier said the yellowtail was fresh. | 嘿 那个收银员说黄尾鱼是新鲜的 |
[03:57] | Besides, my octopus was excellent. | 还有 我点的章鱼很棒 |
[03:59] | Can we not talk about the fish, please? | 我们能别说鱼了吗 拜托 |
[04:02] | Guys! It’s like a war zone out there! | 兄弟们 好像外面开战了 |
[04:04] | There’s looming, riding, and now the cops are turning a fire hose on the crowd! | 到处都是混乱 警察都用上消防栓来浇我们了 |
[04:09] | Wet T-Shirts! | 湿身吧 |
[04:15] | Sorry about the take-out. I don’t know what the deal is with the fridge. | 抱歉要叫外卖 我不知道冰箱怎么坏了 |
[04:18] | What do you expect? | 你还奢望什么 |
[04:19] | That brand is the short cut | 那牌子烂透了 |
[04:24] | That’s it.Fatten up on pizza. | 够了 吃披萨变肥胖 |
[04:27] | Good luck running when they come with the dogs and chase you into the hills. | 当别人带着狗追着你跑上山坡的时候祝你好运 |
[04:33] | You know, I think it’s great you’re able to just | 我觉得您能不问世事地 |
[04:35] | hit the road without a care in the world. | 来这里非常地棒 |
[04:38] | Oh… right… yeah, | 好 |
[04:39] | with me I’m always thinking about things back home. | 如果是我 我总是会担心家里的事情 |
[04:42] | You know, did I leave the stove on? Is the iron plugged in? | 比如 厨灶忘了关吗 房门上锁了吗 |
[04:46] | I once heard of a fire being caused by a mouse chewing through an… | 我曾经听说过别人家里起火 一只老鼠啃破了 |
[04:50] | – Where is my coffee? – Uh, it’s right here, Dad, | – 咖啡在哪 – 在这里 爸爸 |
[04:53] | Just the way you like it. | 还是你喜欢的那个味道 |
[04:55] | Mom, I really wish you’d put out that cigarette. | 妈妈 我真的希望你能灭掉那烟 |
[04:57] | It’s not good for the kids. | 那对孩子们不好 |
[04:59] | What, you think it’ll stunt their growth? | 什么 你觉得这会阻碍他们的发育 |
[05:01] | You turned out big enough. | 你发育得够大了 |
[05:05] | Look at him eat, like animal! | 看看他吃东西的样 跟动物一样 |
[05:08] | Not like Mr. Pizza with knife and fork. | 不像披萨先生用刀和叉子 |
[05:11] | You know, Dad since the last time you were here uh, | 爸爸 从你上次来这里以后 |
[05:14] | Malcolm has been put into a special class. | Malcolm被分到了一个特殊的班上 |
[05:16] | – I’m not surprised. – No, no, no, no, no, it’s, uh, | – 我一点不吃惊 – 不 不 不 那是 额 |
[05:19] | it’s an advanced class.It’s very challenging work. | 那是个高级班 课程非常有挑战性 |
[05:23] | Tell him, Malcolm. | 告诉他 Malcolm |
[05:24] | Well, today we finished reading |
好吧 今天我们读完了<愤怒的葡萄> |
[05:26] | – and we’re studying advanced algebra. | 还有我们在学高等代数 |
[05:27] | – What is that, shot at me? | 啥玩意 开枪么 |
[05:30] | I no study algebra? | 我没学过代数 |
[05:31] | That’s because I go to war when I was your age. | 那是因为我像你那么大的时候去打仗了 |
[05:34] | What good is math in war, huh? | 打仗的时候数学有什么用 |
[05:38] | When you can provide for your family | 当你能养活你的家庭的时候 |
[05:41] | you can have last piece of pizza. | 你才可以吃最后一片披萨 |
[05:47] | Dad, Hal provides for us just fine. | 爸爸 Hal把我们养活得很好 |
[05:51] | Which isn’t easy when someone’s hogging all the pizza. | 当某人贪心独占整个披萨的时候真让人不爽 |
[05:54] | You can’t even keep food in the house for my grandchild. | 你甚至都不能为我的外孙们在家里保存些食物 |
[05:57] | Do you call that providing? | 你管这也叫养活 |
[05:59] | We will get the refrigerator fixed. | 我们会修好冰箱的 |
[06:01] | For what, so that it can break again? | 有什么用 所以它可以再坏掉 |
[06:03] | What does a new one cost? | 一个新的要多少钱 |
[06:05] | $700, $800? I give you $800 to buy a new one. | 700 800美元 我给你们800美元买一个新的 |
[06:10] | Thank God our generation knew to save our money to hold onto it, | 感谢老天教会了我们这代人存好我们的钱 |
[06:14] | didn’t fritter it away on things like toys and dolls. | 不随便把钱浪费在像玩具和娃娃这样的东西上 |
[06:17] | I dressed up a piece of wood | 我用一块木头来打扮自己 |
[06:19] | and I was happy to have it. | 而且我很高兴这么做 |
[06:21] | We will not take your money. | 我们不会拿你们的钱 |
[06:24] | Of course, you will! | 当然 你会的 |
[06:26] | We love you too much to stand by | 我们是这么地爱你 不忍心站在一旁 |
[06:28] | and watch your children grow up ashamed of you. | 看着你的孩子长大后对你感到羞耻 |
[06:31] | This is what family is for. | 这就是家人该做的 |
[06:35] | – Hello? – Malcolm | – 喂 – Malcolm |
[06:36] | listen I need to know what | 听着 我得知道当我们生病的时候 |
[06:37] | Mom used to put in the hot tea when we were sick. | 妈妈在热茶里放的是什么 |
[06:40] | Is she around? | 她在吗 |
[06:41] | I think she’s changing the sheets on their bed. | 我觉得她在帮他们的床换床单 |
[06:43] | – Grandma and Grandpa are here. – Oh, you’re kidding. | – 外公外婆在这 – 不是吧 |
[06:46] | So, did they knock, | 他们来这的时候敲门的吗 |
[06:47] | or did you just hear their cloven hoofs clatter up the driveway? | 还是你们听到了他们的蹄子在车道上的声响 |
[06:50] | I can’t be sure, but I think Grandpa spit at me. | 我不清楚 不过我觉得外公有点唾弃我 |
[06:52] | Don’t take it personally. | 别往心里去 |
[06:54] | They’re primeval creatures with tiny little hearts. | 他们是原始的生物 心眼非常地小 |
[06:57] | Yeah, but there must be some reason… | 不过 这里面肯定有什么原因 |
[06:58] | Malcolm, they have stupid lizard brains. | Malcolm 他们有着愚蠢的蜥蜴脑子 |
[07:01] | They’re threatened by anyone | 他们遇到任何有一点点 |
[07:02] | with an ounce of ambition or intelligence. | 抱负或者智慧的人都会感到威胁 |
[07:05] | They’d eat you if they had better teeth. | 如果他们的牙还是好的 他们会吃了你 |
[07:08] | This one, always on phone. | 这个家伙 总是在打电话 |
[07:10] | That’s Grandpa, isn’t it? | 那是外公 对不对 |
[07:12] | Tell him I said he’s a malevolent, poisonous troll. | 告诉他 我说他是个坏心肠 恶毒的混蛋 |
[07:15] | – Francis says, “Hi.” | Francis向您问好 |
[07:16] | – No-good delinquent. | 差劲的少年犯 |
[07:18] | He says “Hi” back. | 他向你打了个招呼 |
[07:20] | No, absolutely not. | 不 绝对不行 |
[07:22] | – I will not let you take their money. – Why not? | – 我不会让你拿他们的钱 – 为什么 |
[07:25] | Because they’ll never let you forget | 因为他们绝对不会让你忘记 |
[07:26] | that they had to give you $800. | 他们给过你800美元 |
[07:28] | They’ll use it to try to humiliate you. | 他们会用这件事想方设法羞辱你 |
[07:30] | They do that now. | 他们现在就在羞辱我们 |
[07:32] | Lois, come on, I know what your folks think of me. | Lois 得了 我知道你的父母是怎么看我的 |
[07:35] | We need the fridge. | 我们需要冰箱 |
[07:37] | We can’t store the meat on the porch forever. | 我们不能永远把肉存放在走廊 |
[07:42] | I’m big enough to take one for the team. | 为了家庭我能够承受 |
[07:47] | – What? – You’re better than all of us. | – 怎么了 – 你比我们所有人都要优秀 |
[07:59] | I can’t do this on Dewey’s bed. | 我不能在Dewey的床上干这个 |
[08:04] | Reese’s looks okay. | Reese的床看起来还挺好 |
[08:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:13] | Do you know this thing makes ice cubes | 你知道这冰箱可以把冰块弄成 |
[08:14] | in both circular and crescent shapes? | 圆形和月牙形状吗 |
[08:17] | How do they expect people to decide? | 他们觉得人们会喜欢哪一种呢 |
[08:19] | Well, it’s nice to have something in the house that works. | 在房子里有东西能管用的感觉真好 |
[08:21] | You know, maybe in their dark, | 也许在你父母黑暗扭曲的世界里 |
[08:24] | twisted world this is how your parents show love. | 这就是他们表达爱的方式 |
[08:28] | Hey, Victor, pretty great, huh? | 嘿 Victor 这很棒 是吧 |
[08:30] | My descending colon’s inflamed. What’s great? | 我的降结肠发炎了 棒个屁啊 |
[08:34] | Uh, listen, Dad, I just mailed off | 听着 爸爸 我刚刚通知了 |
[08:35] | the mortgage and car payments | 房贷和车贷和卖新冰箱 |
[08:37] | and what with buying the new refrigerator and all. | 和其他的人过来拿钱 |
[08:38] | We should probably get that check from you right away. | 我们也许应该现在就从你那拿到支票 |
[08:41] | About that… | 关于那个 |
[08:42] | your mother and I decided | 你的妈妈和我觉得 |
[08:44] | it’s no good for family to give money to family. | 作为家人给你钱不好 |
[08:46] | It always ends badly. | 通常结局都不好 |
[08:50] | Pulp! Who buys orange juice with pulp? | 果肉 谁买了带果肉的橙汁 |
[09:00] | How can they do this?! | 他们怎么能这样 |
[09:01] | How can they just offer us money | 他们怎么能说给我们钱 |
[09:02] | and then pretend it never happened? | 然后就假装那从没发生过 |
[09:04] | I am going to kill them. | 我要杀了他们 |
[09:05] | I swear I’m going to snap their necks like chickens! | 我发誓我要像折断鸡脖子一样折断他们的脖子 |
[09:07] | That is not going to pay off the debt, Lois. | 那样也不能偿还债务 Lois |
[09:09] | Unless you’re a beneficiary on some sort of life insurance policy. | 除非你是他们的某些人生保险的受益人 |
[09:12] | What am I saying? | 我在说什么 |
[09:14] | Look, look, why don’t we just return the refrigerator? | 等等 为什么我们不能把冰箱还回去 |
[09:17] | I can’t. I bought it on sale. | 不行 我买的是打折的 |
[09:18] | Oh, hell, what are we going to do? | 靠 我们要怎么办 |
[09:20] | Well, what choice do we have? | 我们有什么选择 |
[09:21] | For the next couple of weeks until we get caught back up | 接下来的直到恢复正常状态的几周 |
[09:23] | we’re just going to have to work a ton of overtime. | 我们都必须不停不停地加班 |
[09:24] | Oh, really? And who’s going to look after the kids? | 是吗 那谁来照顾孩子们 |
[09:28] | So, we thought the perfect thing might be | 所以 我们觉得事情最好是这样 |
[09:31] | if you could stay a little longer and keep an eye on the kids. | 如果你们能带得久一点 然后照顾一下孩子们 |
[09:35] | I don’t know, mother and I should go. | 我不知道 妈妈和我应该走了 |
[09:39] | We sense tension. | 我们感觉到了紧张的气氛 |
[09:42] | – No! – Oh, no! | – 不 – 不 |
[09:46] | No, no, no, there is no tension! we just .. | 不 不 没有什么紧张的 我们只是 |
[09:49] | We have a couple of hectic weeks coming up, | 接下来的几个星期比较的忙 |
[09:50] | and we just hope that you could stay a little longer | 所以我们只是希望你们能待的久一点 |
[09:54] | Of course! We would do anything for you! We are family! | 当然 我们会为你做任何事 我们是一家人 |
[10:00] | Dewey, guess what? | Dewey 知道吗 |
[10:02] | Grandma and grandpa are gonna stay | 外公和外婆接下来的几周 |
[10:03] | and watch you guys the next a couple of weeks | 会留在这照看你们 |
[10:30] | – How you doing, Francis? – I need a doctor. | – 你怎么样了 Francis – 我要看医生 |
[10:35] | We got you some better man..We brought you beads. | 我们会让你好起来的 我们给你带了珠子项链 |
[10:40] | You wouldn’t believe it out there, Francis. | 你不会相信外面发生的事 Francis |
[10:41] | There’s free beer | 啤酒是免费的 |
[10:43] | and the women take their tops off when you give them beads. | 当你给女人珠子项链的时候她们会把上衣脱掉 |
[10:46] | Is it possible we crashed our car on the way down here | 可不可能 我们在开车来这的路上出车祸 |
[10:48] | and died and went to heaven? | 死了然后上天堂了 |
[10:50] | I’d welcome death right now. | 我现在就想死 |
[10:53] | I can not believe this is your talking Francis. | 我简直不敢相信这是你说的话 Francis |
[10:57] | You are leader, | 你是领导者 |
[10:58] | if it wasn’t for you we wouldn’t even be here. | 如果不是你 我们现在都不可能在这 |
[11:02] | You know what, you’re right,This is Mardi Gras, I can do this. | 你知道吗 你说得对 这是狂欢节 我可以的 |
[11:07] | Yes! | 好 |
[11:08] | – Give me those beads. – Yeah, come on. | – 给我这些珠子项链 – 耶 走吧 |
[11:12] | Francis Francis Francis, Francis! | |
[11:21] | Thank god, we found a hotel | 谢谢老天 我们找到一个 |
[11:22] | with a drain in the hallway! | 走廊里有排水沟的旅馆 |
[11:26] | We’re back. | 我们回来了 |
[11:29] | Still no parents? | 父母还没回来 |
[11:31] | If you’re going to work all the time, | 如果你整天都要工作 |
[11:33] | don’t have children. | 那就别要孩子好了 |
[11:35] | – Hey, I wanted ice cream. | 嘿 我也想吃冰激凌 |
[11:36] | – I don’t blame you. | 我理解你的心情 |
[11:37] | Why do they always do that? | 为什么他们总是这样 |
[11:39] | They take you for ice cream and stuff and never ask me. | 带你去吃冰激凌或者干其他的却从不叫我 |
[11:41] | I’ve thought about that. | 我想过这个问题 |
[11:43] | And I think they see me | 我觉得那是因为 |
[11:44] | as the protector of the bloodline. | 他们把我看做家族血统的唯一继承人 |
[11:47] | If the future’s half as bad as Grandpa and I suspect | 如果未来只有我和外公预计的一半糟的话 |
[11:50] | the only survivors are going to be mutants cockroaches and me… | 那时候能幸存下来的只有变种人 蟑螂和我 |
[11:54] | all living underwater. | 生活在水下 |
[11:57] | Let’s face it. They’re backing a winner. | 面对现实吧 他们在支持作为赢家的我 |
[12:01] | Oh, man, I’m stuffed.I shouldn’t have had a second one. | 我好撑 我不应该要第二个的 |
[12:18] | Are you okay, Grandma? | 你还好吗 外婆 |
[12:20] | ‘Cause I could carry your purse for you. Or maybe your whiskey. | 我可以帮你拿包 或者你的威士忌 |
[12:23] | I once strangled a border guard with my bare hands. | 我曾经徒手勒死了一个边境守卫 |
[12:27] | Just asking. | 就是问问 |
[12:29] | So, I studied about your country in school. | 我在书里读过关于你们的国家的内容 |
[12:32] | Always with the books. You won’t be happy till you get eye cancer. | 总是书书书 等你得眼睛癌了你就不会高兴了 |
[12:36] | No, really.I found the folklore very interesting. | 不 不是 我发现你们的民俗很有趣 |
[12:39] | And the history, the wars, the revolution. | 还有历史 战争 革命 |
[12:42] | It must’ve been very hard for you growing up. | 您那个时代的生活一定很艰难 |
[12:45] | It was. | 是的 |
[12:48] | Very hard. | 非常艰难 |
[12:52] | – Have a snort. – Maybe later. | – 来一口 – 下次吧 |
[12:59] | Hey, look at the mama’s boy. | 嘿 看看这妈妈怀里的宝贝 |
[13:04] | – You going to take that? – What? | – 你就让他们这样说你 – 什么 |
[13:07] | Hey, you boys!Come back here and say that. | 嘿 小屁孩 滚回来再说一次 |
[13:10] | Grandma, what are you doing? | 外婆 你要干什么 |
[13:12] | Who’s this? Your 90-year-old bodyguard? | 这是谁 你九十岁的保镖么 |
[13:14] | – No, no, it’s okay.She’s kidding. | – 不 不 没事 她在开玩笑呢 |
[13:31] | Grandma. | 外婆 |
[13:33] | Oh, geez. | 神啊 |
[13:37] | I don’t know why you won’t tell me who did this. | 我不知道为什么你不告诉我这是谁干的 |
[13:39] | You know there’s no honor in protecting a bully. | 保护一个恶霸可不是什么光荣的事 |
[13:44] | Okay, it’s your face. | 行 反正是你的脸 |
[13:46] | Mom, do you… | 妈 你 |
[13:51] | do you like your parents? | 你喜欢你父母吗 |
[13:53] | It doesn’t matter how I feel about them. | 我喜不喜欢他们不重要 |
[13:56] | It’s not like I can trade them in for someone else. | 父母是天选的 |
[13:58] | You can’t pick your parents. | 你不能挑你的父母 |
[14:00] | You’re pretty much stuck with who you get. | 这都是命运注定好的 |
[14:01] | I know. | 我知道了 |
[14:06] | Anyway, they’re certainly not going to change. | 无论如何 他们显然不会改变 |
[14:09] | If things get too difficult | 如果处境很糟 |
[14:10] | at least I can be grateful that soon they’ll be gone. | 至少我能庆幸他们不久就会不在了 |
[14:12] | Back to their own home? | 回他们自己的家 |
[14:15] | Yeah.That’s what I meant. | 对 我说的就是这个意思 |
[14:24] | Never thought I’d beat you home. | 从没想过你会比我晚回来 |
[14:26] | They had us keep both registers open till midnight. | 我在寄存处工作到半夜 |
[14:29] | What kind of idiot needs a beach ball at 11:00 at night? | 什么样的白痴会在晚上11点去拿沙滩球 |
[14:33] | – Did you make the kids’ lunches? | 你给孩子们做午餐了吗 |
[14:34] | – Oh, right. No, not yet. | 哦 对 还没有 |
[14:35] | I’ve been kind of tied up here. | 我在这有点忙得不可开交 |
[14:37] | You know I discovered something kind of interesting. | 我发现了一些有趣的东西 |
[14:40] | Now it appears the circular cubes cool quicker | 圆形冰块融化得快 |
[14:43] | but the crescent ones last longer. | 而月牙形的冰块融化得慢 |
[14:45] | Oh, for God’s sake, Hal, will you quit playing around? | 发发慈悲吧 Hal 你能别玩了吗 |
[14:48] | That is a rectal thermometer. | 你拿的是肛门温度计 |
[14:52] | – I’m going to go brush my teeth. | 我要去刷牙 |
[14:53] | – You know, I ask you to do one simple thing. | 我只是叫你做一件简单的事情 |
[14:56] | I can’t do it all myself, you know? | 我不能家里什么都照顾到 你明白吗 |
[15:09] | – Hey, are you upset about something? – Look … | – 嘿 你有什么烦心事吗 – 听着 |
[15:11] | I’m tired. I just got off a double shift. I want to go to bed. | 我累了 我今天换了两轮班 我要上床睡觉 |
[15:13] | Sure, You just seemed a little snappish about the cubes. | 当然 不过你刚刚好像对冰块很不高兴 |
[15:16] | Because I’m tired of you not helping out around here. | 因为我厌倦了你从不帮家里做点事 |
[15:19] | All right, Lois. | 得了 Lois |
[15:21] | I know we’re both a little raw from the last five days | 我知道这五天我们过得都不自在 |
[15:23] | but that’s no reason to dump your frustration | 但是你把对你父母的失望 |
[15:25] | with your parents onto me. | 发泄在我身上就是不对 |
[15:26] | – On you? | 发泄在你身上 |
[15:27] | – Oh, yeah. Because that’s what this is all about. | 是的 因为一切都是这个引起的 |
[15:29] | You’re angry at them and you’re displacing your anger onto me. | 你把对他们的愤怒发泄到我的身上 |
[15:33] | I mean, it is classic. | 没错 老一套了 |
[15:35] | Oh, I’m displacing, am I? | 我把你当出气筒了 是吗 |
[15:38] | Kind of like how you’re focusing all your attentionon that monstrosity in the kitchen? | 不像你 天天把注意放在厨房里的怪东西上 |
[15:41] | See, I knew it!You don’t like the refrigerator. | 看 我就知道 你不喜欢那个冰箱 |
[15:44] | I hate that refrigerator. | 我讨厌那个冰箱 |
[15:47] | I hate its tubular handles. | 我讨厌那管型的把手 |
[15:49] | I hate the way it keeps the butter. | 我讨厌它保存黄油的方式 |
[15:51] | I hate that when I’m trying to sleep I can hear it whirring. | 我讨厌 当我想睡觉的时候听到它呼呼的声音 |
[15:54] | – Oh, no, you can’t. – Yes, yes, I can. | – 不 不可能 – 是的 是的 我能听到 |
[15:57] | No, not the 5100! | 不 不是那台5100 |
[15:59] | That motor housing is four layers thick, Lois. Four layers. | 那冰箱的电动机箱有四层厚 Lois 四层 |
[16:02] | And it keeps things too cold. | 而且这冰箱保存的东西太冰了 |
[16:09] | That is unfounded criticism, Lois. | 这些都是没有根据的指责 Lois |
[16:11] | Unfounded and unfair. | 没有根据而且不公平的 |
[16:13] | And until you apologize, I will be in the garage. | 除非你道歉 不然我会一直睡在车库里 |
[16:19] | I told you there was tension. | 我告诉过你家里气氛很紧张 |
[16:28] | Hey, Grandma, Grandpa wanted to know if you… | 嘿 外婆 外公想知道你是否 |
[16:32] | – Ow! What was that for? | 这是干什么 |
[16:33] | – See, you not even try to defend yourself. | 看 你甚至都不试图保护自己 |
[16:35] | – Why are you so weak? | 为什么你这么弱 |
[16:37] | – I wasn’t expecting for you to hit me. | 我没有想到你会打我 |
[16:39] | That’s what they’re counting on | 这就是他们所希望的 |
[16:40] | when they kick down your door in the middle of the night. | 半夜踢开你的门而你没有防备 |
[16:43] | – Ow! Grandma, stop this. | 外婆 够了 |
[16:44] | – Come on, show me what you got. | 来 让我看看你的招数 |
[16:46] | Come on.Come on | 来,来 |
[16:47] | Grandma, I’m not going to hit you. | 外婆 我不会打你的 |
[16:49] | A kid should never have to say that. | 一个孩子应该永远不会说这话 |
[16:51] | So how you going to fight these people | 当他们扔你进卡车 |
[16:52] | when they throw you in the truck and take you away? | 准备抓走你的时候 你准备怎么反抗 |
[16:54] | You going to read to them? | 你准备跟他们理论 |
[16:56] | You going to impress them to death | 用你巨大的无所不知的脑子 |
[16:57] | with your giant know-it-all brain? | 说到他们放弃 |
[17:00] | Look, I’m smart, okay? That’s who I am. | 听着 我人聪明 好吗 我就是聪明 |
[17:03] | And if you don’t like the fact that | 如果你不喜欢 |
[17:04] | I’m taking high school math classes and reading great books | 我在上高中数学课和读深奥的书的事实 |
[17:07] | Well, too bad. Because I’m going to be successful | 你会后悔的 因为我将来会变得成功 |
[17:10] | and maybe even rich because I am smart, okay? | 又甚至很有钱 这都是因为我很聪明 行吗 |
[17:13] | So just leave me alone.And I’m going to be just fine! | 所以请别管我 我会很好 |
[17:19] | Ha! I warned you about the eyes. | 哈 我警告过你担心眼睛 |
[17:24] | – What’s this about? | 这是要干什么 |
[17:26] | – I want to show you something. | 我想给你看点东西 |
[17:28] | Something just for you. | 一些只给你的东西 |
[17:31] | I have waited many years for this moment | 我等这一刻等了很多年了 |
[17:35] | but now that you are old enough. | 现在你长大了 |
[17:37] | I want to give you something close to my heart. | 我要给你一些我心爱的东西 |
[17:42] | – Wow, is this stuff real? | 哇哦 这些都是真家伙吗 |
[17:44] | – From the big war. | 二战时候留下的 |
[17:47] | – Wow, Is this a real gas mask? | 哇哦 这是真的防毒面具吗 |
[17:48] | – Gas mask, yes. | 防毒面具 对 |
[17:50] | Field glasses, chocolate K-rations, | 望远镜 巧克力口粮 |
[17:54] | You get yourself nice girl with this, I tell you. | 告诉你 用这个你能泡到一个好姑娘 |
[17:59] | This is so awesome, Grandpa.You’re the best. | 这太棒了 外公 你是最棒的 |
[18:02] | This is so cool! | 这太酷了 |
[18:04] | – God in heaven! – What?! | – 我的老天爷 – 什么 |
[18:07] | This is live grenade! Do not let go of handle | 这是真的手雷 别松手 |
[18:09] | or we both die. | 不然我们都会被炸死的 |
[18:11] | – I don’t want to die! – Don’t worry, you won’t. | – 我不想死 – 别担心 你不会的 |
[18:13] | All we have to do is find the pin find the pin, | 我们要做的就是找到手雷的别针 |
[18:16] | put the pin back in and then everything will fine. | 把别针放回原位 一切都会没事的 |
[18:22] | Quit crying like baby. | 别哭的像个婴儿一样了 |
[18:25] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[18:26] | Grandpa gave me a live grenade. | 外公给了我一个真的手雷 |
[18:27] | It’s really cool. You want to hold it? | 这真的很酷 你想拿着吗 |
[18:29] | No, no, no. It’s for you, not him. | 不 不 不 是给你的 不是给他的 |
[18:31] | – Oh, my God, we have to call the police. | 欧 我的天 我们得叫警察 |
[18:33] | – No, no police.No police, please. | 不 别叫警察 别 拜托 |
[18:35] | – There’s no reason to panic. | 没有理由恐慌 |
[18:37] | – Yes, there is. | 不 这太危险了 |
[18:38] | You gave Reese a live grenade | 你给了Reese一个真的手雷 |
[18:39] | and he’s a total idiot. | 而他完全就是个傻瓜 |
[18:41] | He’s right, I am. | 他是对的 我是傻瓜 |
[18:42] | I don’t think I should have it anymore. Here. | 我不认为我应该继续拿着了 给你 |
[18:44] | No, you hold on to that. | 不 你拿稳这个 |
[18:46] | – No, I’m tired of this game. | 不 我受够了 |
[18:47] | What I really want to do is go lie down now. – No! | 我现在想做的就是跑出去然后趴下 – 不 |
[18:49] | No, you hold on to that. | 不 你拿着 |
[19:02] | Hello! | 好 |
[19:05] | – What was that? – What was what? | – 那是怎么回事 – 什么怎么回事 |
[19:13] | What happened here!? | 这里发生了什么 |
[19:15] | We can’t be sure. | 我们不清楚 |
[19:17] | Grandpa gave me a live grenade. | 外公给了我一个真的手雷 |
[19:18] | It was going to blow up and I didn’t mean to drop it. | 那手雷要炸了 我不是故意扔的 |
[19:20] | But Malcolm threw it in the fridge. | 是Malcolm把手雷扔进了冰箱 |
[19:22] | You game my son a live grenade? | 你给了我儿子一个真的手雷 |
[19:25] | You brought live ammunition into this house? | 你把真的军火带进了这个家来 |
[19:28] | What is the matter with you people?! | 你们有什么毛病吗 |
[19:31] | Are you completely insane? | 你们完全疯了吗 |
[19:34] | You don’t ever talk to us like that, | 你不准用这个口气跟我们说话 |
[19:36] | do you hear me? Vuschka robotisch ber doya kraup. | 听到了吗 |
[19:40] | Mom, I-I…I just… I-I just mean that… | 妈 我 我 我 只是说 |
[19:46] | All right, all right.Lois, take the boys in the other room. | 好了 好了 Lois 带孩子们进房间里去 |
[19:49] | – But, Hal… – Now. Come on. | – 可是 Hal – 快去 |
[19:51] | We .. | 我们 |
[19:57] | Why don’t we sit down? | 为什么不坐下来 |
[20:05] | First off, I’m not here to try to sort out | 首先 我不是来试着理清 |
[20:07] | the complicated relationship you have with the woman I love. | 你们跟我爱的女人的复杂关系的 |
[20:11] | That’s not my place. | 那不是我能管的 |
[20:12] | And I know it would be folly to try | 我知道试图 |
[20:14] | to put a price on the deep psychological trauma | 计算你们需要赔偿多少钱为这些年 |
[20:17] | that you’ve caused Lois through the years. | 给Lois带来的心灵创伤是愚蠢的 |
[20:20] | But let me take a stab at it anyway. | 不过还是让我试着算一下 |
[20:23] | $3,000 sound okay to you? | 3000美元怎么样 |
[20:25] | What? | 什么 |
[20:25] | Well, that would pretty much | 那钱包括了冰箱爆炸 |
[20:26] | cover the fridge the collateral damage, | 附带的一些损失 |
[20:28] | pay off a few credit cards | 还清几张信用卡的债务 |
[20:31] | and finally get the transmission fixed on my car. | 还有最后修好我的车的变速器 |
[20:33] | Because of what just happened | 就因为刚刚发生的事情 |
[20:34] | you want us to loan you $3,000? | 你要我们借给你3000美元 |
[20:38] | Please, I know you’re uncomfortable lending to family | 罢 我知道你对给家人借钱不舒服 |
[20:42] | so let’s be clear. | 那就这样说吧 |
[20:46] | With one phone call, | 一个电话 |
[20:47] | I could have your asses thrown in jail | 我就能以危害儿童安全罪 |
[20:49] | for child endangerment. | 把你们送进监狱 |
[20:52] | So… this money I’m asking for, it’s not a loan. | 所以 我要的钱 不是借的 |
[20:58] | It’s blackmail. | 是敲诈 |
[21:01] | It’s like your brother Vasclev all over again. | 你兄弟Vasclev事件又重演了 |
[21:10] | Come on, Francis. We got to hit the road | Francis 我们现在就得上路了 |
[21:12] | or we’re not going to make bed check. | 不然我们赶不到宿舍查勤了 |
[21:13] | I do not care,I came all the way to New Orleans | 我不管 我大老远来到新奥尔良 |
[21:16] | I got all these beads… | 得到这些珠子项链 |
[21:18] | I’m not leaving until I get some action. | 我不会走的 除非这一切有了回报 |
[21:26] | Now, if you don’t mind, I need the room. | 现在 如果你不介意 我需要这个房间 |
[21:29] | Okay, I’m good. | 行 好的 |