时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Here’s the house rules. | 我们家有些规矩 |
[00:08] | You can’t reach for second, | 在吃完各自盘子里的菜之前 |
[00:09] | until you’re finish your first … | 不能加菜 |
[00:11] | … But as soon as anybody’s fork leaves | 但是当大家吃完盘中餐的瞬间 |
[00:12] | the perimeter of your plate … All that’s rough. | 就是龙争虎斗的时刻 |
[00:38] | It’s mine! | 是我的 |
[01:13] | You are all set. Mrs. Burden. | Burden太太 这就完事了 |
[01:14] | Remember … this is the one you take it orally. | 记住 这个是口服的 |
[01:18] | Stop pushing me | 别推我 |
[01:19] | Shut up Dewey | 闭嘴 Dewey |
[01:20] | I was not! | 我没推 |
[01:22] | Hey guys, My shift is over in 5 | 孩儿们 我五分钟后下班 |
[01:23] | minutes and then we head to the barber college. | 之后咱们就去理发学校 |
[01:25] | Why can we go to a real barber? | 为什么不能去理发店呢 |
[01:27] | Because I like to support education. | 老妈要支持教育 |
[01:29] | Besides It’s free. | 当然 还不要钱 |
[01:30] | Are they gonna take my hair to plant an evil Dewey? | 他们会拿走我的头发去培育一个邪恶Dewey吗 |
[01:33] | Honey … | 亲爱的 |
[01:34] | … We’ve already had this talk. | 这个问题我们已经谈过了 |
[01:36] | Every word that comes from Reese’s mouth… | Reese狗嘴里吐不出象牙 |
[01:38] | … is a lie, remember? | 全是谎话 记得吗 |
[01:41] | Well, go look at some magazines. | 好了 去找点杂志看吧 |
[01:43] | And everything you break comes out your allowance. | 还有 损坏的东西就从零用钱里扣 |
[01:46] | We don’t get any allowance! | 我们一分都没捞着过 |
[01:47] | Yeah, now you know why. | 你现在知道为什么了吧 |
[01:49] | I am gonna ask the barber to shave | 我准备叫理发的把我这边全剃了 |
[01:51] | this side totally off and leave the other side long | 然后把另一边留下 |
[01:53] | You know, a style for each profile … | 心情百变 |
[01:55] | A different look for both mood. | 造型百搭 |
[02:02] | How’s it going? | 怎么样最近 |
[02:02] | Not bad … | 还行 |
[02:03] | In five minutes I get my soul back for the night, | 五分钟之后我就抖擞精神开始夜生活了 |
[02:05] | And you? | 你呢 |
[02:06] | Can’t complain. | 挺好 没啥好抱怨的 |
[02:07] | That’s 6.24 | 这个六块二毛四 |
[02:12] | I’m sorry. What? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[02:13] | Your total is 6 dollars and 24 cents. | 总共是六块四毛二 |
[02:18] | Is there any problem? | 有什么疑问吗 |
[02:19] | No, it’s just that … that … | 没有 只是 |
[02:21] | Your assistant manager and I have an arrangement. | 你们这儿的副经理跟我说好了… |
[02:26] | I wouldn’t know nothing about that. | 这事我就不知道了 |
[02:30] | I have only $ 3. | 我身上就3块钱 |
[02:31] | Well, you can put back the magazine. | 那这本杂志还是充公吧 |
[02:34] | Lois Lois Lois … Lois! | |
[02:36] | I gave Stockton official a discount. | Stockton警官在我这儿能享受折扣 |
[02:38] | You know, policeman’s discount, 100% off. | 警察在这儿买东西 不用掏腰包 |
[02:41] | Craig, I can not do that! | Craig 这我做不到 |
[02:43] | But Lois … | 但是Lois |
[02:43] | Do not worry about it, that’s ok, Greg. | 不用折腾了 没事儿 Greg |
[02:46] | It’s Craig. | 我叫Craig |
[02:48] | What are you?crazy? | 你这么回事 疯了吗 |
[02:49] | Don’t you knowhow this works? | 你不知道背后这些关系吗 |
[02:51] | We scratch his back,he scratches ours? | 这叫礼尚往来 |
[02:53] | We give him a few candy bars he looks out for us. | 小恩小惠就能换来他的关照 |
[02:55] | It’s called protection. | 这叫”保护” |
[02:57] | Craig, we have been robbed five times in last six months! | Craig 之前六个月咱们被抢了五次 |
[03:01] | Lois, think of all the places he gets free stuff from … | Lois 想一想他能从多少地方弄到免费的东西 |
[03:04] | He can be everywhere he wants! | 他想罩哪儿就罩哪儿 |
[03:13] | Mom, seriously,I’m not letting that kid | 妈 我真的不想让那个二指小孩 |
[03:14] | with two fingers cut my hair again. | 再给我剪头发了 |
[03:16] | That’s all you need to use scissors, and you be polite. | 拿剪刀 两个指头就够了 还有你得有点礼貌 |
[03:19] | Those people arenervous enough as it is. | 那些人本来就已经够紧张的了 |
[03:23] | Ah, What?! | 哎呀 又怎么了 |
[03:24] | I didn’t do anything! | 我又没犯事儿 |
[03:26] | Make a run for it, mom, we can be on the news! | 妈 赶紧跑吧 咱们就能上新闻了 |
[03:28] | All right, you boys, not a word out of you. | 行了 你们几个 不许吭气 |
[03:30] | No one makes piggy sounds, | 不许猪哼哼 |
[03:31] | no one says they smell bacon and no one claims to be kidnapped. | 不许说闻到培根了 或者被绑架了 |
[03:37] | You? | 是你呀 |
[03:38] | License and registration, please.. | 请出示驾照和车辆注册证 |
[03:40] | What’s this all about? | 这是要干嘛呀 |
[03:41] | You impeded traffic. | 你刚才阻碍了交通 |
[03:43] | When you pulled out, that Volkswagen had to slam on its brakes. | 你驶出时 那个大众车都急刹车了 |
[03:45] | What Volkswagen? | 哪儿来的大众车 |
[03:46] | I looked over to my left when I pulled out. There was no car. | 我开车的时候向左看了 哪儿有车呀 |
[03:49] | License and registration, ma’am. | 这位女士 请出示驾照和车辆注册证 |
[03:53] | Alright, don’t think I don’t know what this is all about. | 好吧 你以为我不知道这点猫腻儿吗 |
[03:55] | Coz I made you pay for that iced tea. | 还不是因为我逼你买单了吗 |
[03:57] | Oh, was that you | 哦 是你啊 |
[04:01] | Well, now just sit tight, I got to do some paperwork | 坐直了 我得填点文件 |
[04:03] | run a computer check. It may take a little while. The computer’s kind of slow | 电脑查一下记录 可能得耽误一阵儿 电脑慢 |
[04:08] | Knock youself out, my record is clean | 随便吧 我记录良好 |
[04:10] | There is no way I have 16 unpaid parking tickets. | 我不可能有16张没交罚款的罚单 |
[04:14] | The computer’s wrong! | 电脑肯定出错了 |
[04:16] | You are not getting away with this! | 小心你吃不了兜着走 |
[04:20] | Hey Mom. | 妈 |
[04:20] | Is it a bad time to tell you I got kicked out of the shop class? | 这时候方不方便告诉你 我被手工课老师劝退了 |
[04:23] | I mean, it seems to pale in comparison. | 我是觉得 这跟你比起来太稀松平常了 |
[04:25] | Chin up, Lois. I’ll make sure the boys get home. | 放心吧 Lois 我保证会把孩子们送回家的 |
[04:28] | I’ll wait for you. | 我会等你的 |
[04:30] | I want you boys to behave for Craig. | 我希望你们几个能在Craig面前听话点 |
[04:33] | And Dewey don’t be frightened. | 还有 Dewey别害怕 |
[04:35] | Mama’s going to be okay. | 妈妈没事的 |
[04:36] | Can you turn on your siren? | 你能拉响警笛吗 |
[04:37] | Sure! | 没问题 |
[04:39] | yay | 耶 |
[04:47] | Come on honey, You got to admit it was kind of sexy. | 亲爱的 你就承认被抓起来这事其实有点性感吧 |
[04:50] | Me having to bail you out of jail. | 我还得把你从监狱里保释出来 |
[04:54] | Well, it was sexy for me.. | 好吧 我觉得挺性感 |
[04:56] | Oh, yeah, Hal, it was a real turn-on sitting there wondering how my children | 是啊 Hal 坐在那儿想着孩子们看着我蹲大牢 |
[05:00] | were doing what horrible things are going through their heads | 想象他们会怎么做 怎么想 |
[05:02] | knowing that their mother is sitting in jail. | 真是太性感了 |
[05:04] | Hey, Mom, did you get tattooed?? | 妈 你纹身了吗 |
[05:07] | I don’t understand … | 我不知道 |
[05:08] | How could we get | 我们怎么能被开了 |
[05:09] | 16 parking tickets and not even know about it? | 16张单子还不知道呢 |
[05:12] | Mom, just calm down! | 妈 你先静一静 |
[05:13] | I was in jail, Francis! | 我被抓进监狱了 Francis |
[05:16] | In jail! | 监狱 |
[05:17] | All because you didn’t pay your parking tickets! | 都是因为你不付罚单 |
[05:20] | How could you have gotten 16 parking tickets?! | 你怎么搞出来16张罚单的 |
[05:22] | It’s not my fault. | 不是我的错啊 |
[05:23] | You keep me stuck here. | 你把我困在这儿 |
[05:25] | When I come home, I have so much living to do, | 我一回家 事太多忙不过来 |
[05:26] | I don’t have time to look for legal parking. | 自然没时间去管什么罚单不罚单的 |
[05:28] | Your irresponsible behavior has finally caught up with you | 你这么不负责任的行为终于现形了 |
[05:33] | and you are going to suffer the consequences! | 你就得自己承担后果 |
[05:35] | You are paying those parking tickets! | 你得把罚单都交了 |
[05:37] | You know, Mom, jail has really hardened you.. | 妈 监狱好像让你变得有点不讲情理 |
[05:39] | I’m serious, Francis … | Francis 我是认真的 |
[05:41] | you are paying us back that money for those tickets | 你得把罚单的钱赔我们 |
[05:43] | plus $145 to get the car out of impound. That means you owe us $747.13. | 还有145块提车的钱 总共你欠我们747块1毛3 |
[05:49] | That is totally unfair! | 太不公平了 |
[05:51] | None of this would have happened if you weren’t such a reckless driver. | 要不是你开车不注意 哪来这么多事 |
[05:54] | Excuse me?! | 你说什么 |
[05:56] | When I parked too close to a mailbox I didn’t endanger anybody’s life. | 我停车停的离邮箱虽然太近 但是我不会伤到别人 |
[05:59] | I didn’t endanger anyone. | 我没伤害任何人 |
[06:01] | I was pulled over by a corrupt cop | 我是被一个腐败的警察叫住了 |
[06:02] | for a traffic violation that I didn’t commit. | 我根本没有违反任何交通法规 |
[06:05] | Oh, but when I tell you I’ve been framed | 那我说我被条子陷害了 |
[06:06] | by the police you send me to military school. | 你就把我送来军校 |
[06:09] | Ironic, isn’t it? | 真讽刺 是吧 |
[06:10] | That cop was out to get me. | 那个警察就是冲着我来的 |
[06:12] | Of course he was. Everyone’s out to get you. | 当然 每个人都想撂倒你 |
[06:14] | And the neighbor’s cat’s the ringleader, Didn’t you know that? | 邻居家的猫就是幕后黑手 你知道了吧 |
[06:17] | You can laugh all you want, Francis. | 你尽管看笑话吧 Francis |
[06:19] | But until you come up with the money you are not coming home. | 再你把钱赔给我们之前 别想回家了 |
[06:22] | Where am I supposed to get $ 700? | 我去哪儿捞700块钱 |
[06:25] | You’re just using this as an excuse to keep me here. | 这都是借口 你就是不想让我回家 |
[06:27] | Yeah, that’s right. It was the cat’s idea. | 是啊 是啊 都是那只猫的主意 |
[06:31] | Mom, there’s no way Francis can come up with that kind of money. | 妈 Francis肯定没法凑到这么多钱 |
[06:35] | Which is what he should have thought of | 当然 他在犯错误之前 |
[06:38] | before he did that bad, bad thing. | 就得想好了 |
[06:41] | Honey, don’t worry about a thing, everything’s going to be fine. | 亲爱的 别担心 不会有事的 |
[06:44] | Francis will think of something. | Francis会想出来招的 |
[06:46] | I hear they’ve made traffic school really fun. | 我听说现在的驾校还挺有意思的 |
[06:48] | They have cooking traffic school bowling traffic school. | 有烹饪主题驾校 保龄球驾校 |
[06:51] | Remember when I took that comedy traffic school? | 记不记得我还上过那个喜剧驾校 |
[06:53] | God, that was hilarious. | 天呀 实在是太逗了 |
[06:55] | A rabbi, a priest and a minister come to a four-way stop… | 三个牧师在一个十字路口相遇了… |
[06:58] | I am not taking traffic school. | 我不去驾校 |
[07:01] | Honey, if you don’t take traffic school | 亲爱的 你要是不去 |
[07:02] | you’ll get a point on your license. | 驾照就得扣一分 |
[07:04] | I’m not getting a point on my license | 我不会被扣分的 |
[07:05] | because I’m taking this to court. | 我准备上法庭告他 |
[07:07] | I did nothing wrong | 我没做错 |
[07:08] | and I’ve got three eyewitnesses to prove it. | 我有三个证人能证明我的清白 |
[07:10] | They saw exactly what happened. | 他们可是看得真真儿的 |
[07:36] | Right. You’re right, Mom. | 妈 你肯定没错 |
[07:38] | See, Hal, it’s a clear case of entrapment. | 看吧 Hal 案情明了 |
[07:41] | The cop doesn’t get his free iced tea | 那警察没享受到免费冰红茶 |
[07:42] | so he trumps up a cockamamie ticket. | 所以就伪造了一个罚单泄愤 |
[07:45] | Well, we’re going to fight this. | 好吧 我们要抵抗恶势力 |
[07:46] | Well, honey, let’s think about this a second. | 亲爱的 咱们再琢磨一下 |
[07:48] | You know it’s going to be your word against his | 你知道你的证言是打击他的 |
[07:50] | and judges usually side with the police. | 但是一大半儿法官都跟警察一伙 |
[07:52] | Yeah, that’s what he’s counting on. | 是啊 他就指望法官偏心 |
[07:53] | That’s why he thinks he can get away with lying. | 所以他才觉得他能逃脱责任 |
[07:55] | Well, I’m not going to let him, | 我不会让他得逞的 |
[07:56] | cause I know I’m right. | 我知道我自己是正确的 |
[07:58] | I know that, honey, but what if something does go wrong? | 我知道亲 但是万一中间出了什么差错怎么办 |
[08:01] | I’m not sure we can afford the bump in the insurance. | 我觉得咱们可能负担不起那么多保险赔偿金 |
[08:03] | I am not going to lose. | 我不会输官司的 |
[08:05] | I’m in the right, and I’ll find a way to prove it. | 我没错 我得想个办法证明我自己 |
[08:08] | Okay, okay, if that’s what you want to do. | 好吧好吧 如果你真想这么麻烦 |
[08:12] | You have our total support. | 那我们也支持你 |
[08:13] | Remember Mama, in a world of lies, the truth is only weapon. | 妈 记住 在谎言的世界里 只有事实才是利器 |
[08:20] | What? Is not it? | 怎么了 不是吗 |
[08:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:27] | Hawdy ma’am, how was jail? | 女士你好 监狱生活可好 |
[08:30] | Fine, thank you. | 还行 多谢您关心 |
[08:32] | Shouldn’t you be planning on drug someone? | 你不是应该酝酿着毒害别人吗 |
[08:34] | Yes, I was planning to go do | 是啊 我就准备着祸害别人 |
[08:36] | that right after I pay full price for my inced tea. | 当然还得先把冰红茶的钱交了 |
[08:41] | I will fight for that ticket, you know? | 我会抗争到底的 |
[08:42] | Well, then I look forward to seeing you on court. | 那好 我们就法庭上见喽 |
[08:45] | Drive safely. | 开车可得小心 |
[08:47] | Whenever you get your car back. | 等你取回车之后 |
[08:53] | There is no way that cop could see me pulled out. | 那个警察无论如何也看不见我驶出的场景 |
[08:58] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[08:59] | Mom, great news. | 好消息 妈 |
[09:00] | Francis, I’m a little busy here! | Francis 我这儿有点忙 |
[09:02] | OK, here it is | 好 是这样 |
[09:03] | I just sent you $20 good-faith money. | 我刚刚汇给你了20块钱保证金 |
[09:06] | Great! | 好 |
[09:06] | Only $727 more before you can come home. | 就剩727块钱 你就能回家了 |
[09:09] | What? | 什么 |
[09:09] | Francis, I am not going to let you weasel out of your responsibility. | Francis 我不会让你逃脱责任的 |
[09:12] | Because of you, we are down to one car until your father’s next paycheck. | 就因为你 发工资之前咱们家就剩你爸的那一辆车了 |
[09:15] | Now, you either come up with the money or you don’t come home. | 现在 你要么拿钱 要么别回家 |
[09:18] | Mom, it is impossible! | 妈 我凑不够这么多钱 |
[09:19] | I’m in school, when I’m not in school I have homework, | 我还得上学 我要是不上学我还得写作业 |
[09:22] | When I’m not doing homework, I’m in detention. | 我要是不写作业 就肯定被老师关禁闭了 |
[09:24] | If I’m lucky, I have six hours free a week. | 如果幸运的话 我一个礼拜只有6个小时闲着 |
[09:27] | At minimum wage | 根据最低工资计算 |
[09:28] | I wouldn’t be able to make it home until Thanksgiving 2010. | 我再回家就只能等到2010年的感恩节了 |
[09:31] | You bring the yams. | 那你就自己备好干粮吧 |
[09:39] | He’ll find the money. | 他会想出办法的 |
[09:41] | Hey, do you know where Craig is? | 嘿 你知道Craig在哪儿吗 |
[09:44] | Your assistant manager? Big guy, smells like cabbage? | 你的助理经理 挺壮的 笑起来像白菜 |
[09:48] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:51] | It’s not there. | 那儿可没有 |
[09:53] | Keep looking … lower … | 接着找找 往低处找找 |
[09:56] | Craig Craig … | |
[09:57] | Mom said you can give me a ride to study group. | 我妈说你能载我去参加学习小组 |
[09:59] | Sure sure … | 行行行 |
[10:01] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[10:03] | I was, uh, uh, reviewing some old security tapes. | 我 那个 我检查一下监控录像 |
[10:06] | You know, looking for a pattern, | 找找线索 |
[10:08] | See if anyone was casing the joint. You can’t be too careful. | 看看有没有人钻空子 小心点总是好的 |
[10:11] | Hey, that girl is stealing something! | 欸 那个女孩在偷东西 |
[10:15] | I didn’t notice that. | 我之前没注意 |
[10:17] | I better review her other tapes, then. | 我最好还是把她的带子都看一遍 |
[10:27] | Wait, Are there cameras all over this place? | 等一下 这个地方到处都有摄像头吗 |
[10:29] | Oh, yeah, they’re everywhere | 是啊 哪儿都有 |
[10:31] | Pharmacy, ATM, the bath… | 药店 ATM 洗手… |
[10:34] | Yep, a lot of cameras. | 嗯 很多摄像头 |
[10:35] | Is there one in the parking lot? | 那停车场有吗 |
[10:40] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[10:40] | That girl dropped a can under her car. | 那个妹子的罐头掉到车下了 |
[10:43] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:46] | Wait, stop, that’s our van. | 等一下 停 那是我们的车 |
[10:57] | She did it. | 她确实没留意 |
[10:59] | She’s guilty … | 她违规了 |
[11:01] | Mom’s wrong. | 妈竟然错了 |
[11:09] | My God! | 我的天呀 |
[11:11] | Mom was wrong. | 妈竟然错了 |
[11:12] | My whole world view is shaking. | 三观颠覆了 |
[11:14] | I know, this is amazing! | 我知道 这太不可思议了 |
[11:16] | We have to show it to her. | 我们得赶紧给她看 |
[11:17] | Wait. | 等等 |
[11:18] | Maybe we should save it | 或者我们可以留着等她下次 |
[11:19] | for next time Mom yells at us, then spring it on her. | 再吼我们的时候 然后吓她一跳 |
[11:22] | No, I think it’s better fresh. | 我觉得还是现在给她吧 |
[11:23] | Okay, let’s go. | 好吧 走起 |
[11:24] | Wait, we need to keep a straight face | 等等 咱们得严肃点 |
[11:26] | Okay, okay | 好吧好吧 |
[11:29] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[11:30] | No, I’m not. | 呵呵 还是没准备好 |
[11:31] | Stop smiling. | 别笑了 |
[11:33] | Come on. | 别闹了 |
[11:35] | Hi honey. | 亲爱的 |
[11:37] | It’s been a great day. | 今儿过的太好了 |
[11:39] | The fire alarm went off during the morning meeting | 早晨开会的时候警报器响了 |
[11:40] | and I got the last snickers out of the vending machine. | 还有我买到了贩售机里最后一个士力架 |
[11:44] | I did not think it was gonna fall | 我以为它掉不下来 |
[11:45] | but I gave a little hip. boom! | 但是翘臀祝我一臂之力 |
[11:49] | Who is Susan King? | 谁是Susan King |
[11:55] | Susan King Susan King? | |
[11:57] | Susan King Susan King? | |
[11:58] | Give me a moment | 等我一下 |
[12:01] | All right, before I say anything | 好吧 在我解释之前 |
[12:02] | do you know already or are you really asking? | 你先告诉我你是真心在问吗还是已经知道什么了 |
[12:04] | She called today with insurance quotes in case I get a point on my license. | 她今天打来电话 谈了点保险和扣分的事 |
[12:08] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么打过来 |
[12:08] | It’s nothing, I just gave her a little phone call. | 没什么 我就是跟她咨询了一小下 |
[12:11] | -Curious about a few things. | 就是对点事情有疑问 |
[12:12] | Like what will happen if I lose? | 比如万一我们输掉了官司 |
[12:14] | Well … yes … | 嗯 对 |
[12:16] | I just wanted to find out what the worst case scenario might be. | 我就是想看看最坏情况是什么 |
[12:19] | I mean, what if … | 我意思是 万一 |
[12:20] | There are no “what ifs,” Hal! | Hal 没有万一 |
[12:21] | You’re right, you are right.Right, ok? | 对对对 你没有错 |
[12:25] | So, even if our insurance does go up | 如果保险金涨了 |
[12:27] | and we can’t afford two cars, we’ll just sell one. | 两辆车太贵的话 就卖掉一辆 |
[12:29] | I mean, you know, what did they do before cars? | 我是说 人们没车之前怎么办 |
[12:31] | They walked, | 只能走 |
[12:32] | so we’ll walk. | 所以咱们就得走路 |
[12:33] | You’re expecting me to lose. | 你这是盼着我输 |
[12:35] | Is that how you support me? | 你就是这么支持我的 |
[12:37] | I do support you but … I’m just | 我是支持你 但是 我就 |
[12:39] | I think we need to know what we’re getting into here. | 我觉得咱们得知道后果可能是什么 |
[12:42] | I mean, I don’t know. Is it actually worth all the trouble? | 我是觉得 我也不知道 费这么大劲值得吗 |
[12:45] | Yes, Hal. | 值 Hal |
[12:46] | I think standing up for myself is worth the trouble! | 我觉得证明自己清白就值 |
[12:48] | I think refusing to be railroaded is worth the trouble! | 我觉得拒绝被人陷害就值 |
[12:51] | I know I can win this because I know I’m right! | 我知道我能赢 因为我是正确的 |
[12:55] | I can’t believe you have so little faith in me! | 我真不敢相信你对我就这么点信心 |
[12:57] | I have complete faith in you … | 我对你有十足的信心 |
[12:59] | It’s the rest of the world that I don’t have faith in. | 是我对其他人没信心 |
[13:02] | Things could look different to different people. | 不同人有不同的视角 |
[13:05] | The system can be corrupt. | 整个系统也有可能腐败 |
[13:06] | We wouldn’t be in this situation if that weren’t true. | 要不是这样 我们就不会沦落到现在的下场 |
[13:08] | And sometimes, Lois, being right isn’t enough. | 有时候 Lois 没犯错也不能够免除罪责 |
[13:12] | Being right is everything! | 没犯错就够了 |
[13:15] | I didn’t do anything wrong, Hal | 我没做错 Hal |
[13:16] | and I’m willing to fight to prove it.I know it’s going to be hard. | 我要争取证明自己 我知道肯定很难 |
[13:19] | But that’s why the last thing | 这也是为什么我最不愿看到的 |
[13:20] | I need is my own family undermining me. | 就是我的家人也开始劝我妥协 |
[13:22] | How many times do I have to tell you?I’m right, I’m right. | 我得告诉你多少次 我是对的 我是对的 |
[13:24] | I swear on my children’s lives I am right! | 我用孩子们的生命起誓 我是对的 |
[13:32] | What do you want? | 你们要干嘛 |
[13:36] | Nothing. | 不干嘛 |
[13:38] | I can’t believe you chickened out. | 我真不敢相信你给吓回来了 |
[13:40] | Me? You’re the one who disappeared! | 还说我 你都没影了 |
[13:42] | So now we’re playing the blame game. | 现在开始互相埋怨 |
[13:43] | Look … | 听着 |
[13:44] | we know Mom is going to freak out on whoever shows her the tape | 我们知道老妈肯定会冲给她看录像的那个人发飙 |
[13:46] | Not it. | 不干 |
[13:49] | Maybe someone could mail it to her anonymously… | 或者有人可以匿名寄给她 |
[13:51] | Not it! | 不干 |
[13:52] | Okay, fine, but I’m going to need… | 好吧 我得需要 |
[13:53] | Not it! | 不干 |
[13:54] | Look … someone has to be the one … | 总有一个人得 |
[13:56] | Not it! | 不干 |
[13:57] | Who doesn’t give it to her. | 谁不交给她录像带 |
[13:58] | I am it. | 我来 |
[14:02] | Let me get this straight … | 我再捋一遍 |
[14:03] | We each pay you $50 and you’re going to jump from the roof of the dorm | 你要从宿舍顶上跳到健身房顶上 |
[14:07] | to the roof of the gym on the school’s riding lawnmower. | 的移动除草器上 我们就每个人给你50 |
[14:10] | Who’s in? | 谁下注 |
[14:11] | Are we talking with the bag or attachment? | 那绑书包或者其它的吗 |
[14:13] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[14:14] | You know what kind of drag that would create? | 你知道那得有多少阻力吗 |
[14:16] | I do not know. It just sounds too easy. | 我不确定 听起来太简单了 |
[14:19] | Okay, okay, how about this: For five extra dollars, | 好吧好吧 要不这样 再加五块 |
[14:22] | I’ll do it blindfolded | 我蒙着眼睛跳 |
[14:24] | Francis, phone. | Francis 电话 |
[14:26] | Give it some thought. | 再想想吧 |
[14:29] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:30] | Francis Hey Francis! | |
[14:31] | You know mom’s traffic tickets? | 你记不记得妈妈的罚单 |
[14:32] | Well … I have a videotape and it shows that Mom really was at fault, and… | 我有个录像带 显示咱妈开车违规了 然后 |
[14:36] | She was wrong? | 她犯错了 |
[14:37] | Yeah, and now I’m trying to figure. | 是啊 现在我试着想个办法 |
[14:39] | What are you talking to me for? | 你找我干嘛 |
[14:40] | You have incontrovertible proof that Mom was wrong. | 你有无可辩驳的证据 |
[14:43] | Shove it in her face. | 直接给她看 |
[14:44] | Francis, I don’t think that’s a good idea. | Francis 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[14:46] | Are you kidding? It’s brilliant | 你开玩笑呢 这太棒了 |
[14:48] | From now on whenever she gets all high-and-mighty | 从现在起 她要是为难咱们 |
[14:51] | with us we can just throw this back at her | 就拿这个威胁她 |
[14:52] | Francis, I can’t! | Francis 我做不到 |
[14:54] | If I show mom this tape, she will go crazy! | 我要是拿给她看 她会疯了的 |
[14:56] | And then she’ll kill the messenger, which is me. | 然后杀了通风报信的人 也就是我 |
[14:59] | You’re asking me to commit suicide. | 这是自杀行动 |
[15:01] | And think of the look on her face! | 你想象一下她那时的表情 |
[15:11] | We thought it would be best is we showed it to you first. | 我们觉得还是先给你看一下比较好 |
[15:15] | I can’t say that I’m glad you did | 虽然这不是什么好事 |
[15:16] | but I guess you did the right thing. | 但你做了对的事情 |
[15:18] | Someone should show it to her. | 那谁拿给她看看 |
[15:19] | Not it! | 不干 |
[15:20] | Dad! | 爸 |
[15:21] | Okay, but we need to ease her into this | 好吧 但是我们得设置铺垫 |
[15:24] | pick the right moment | 选个好时候 |
[15:25] | This is a very delicate matter. | 这很有讲究 |
[15:28] | Hal Hal! | |
[15:31] | Come on, come on… | 快快快 |
[15:36] | I swear, that cop was following me on the way home. | 我发誓 那警察一路跟踪我回家 |
[15:39] | Oh, come on, Lois. I don’t think he’d follow you | Lois 我不觉得他在跟踪你 |
[15:42] | I’m sure he’s got better things to do. | 我确定他还有别的事要忙 |
[15:49] | What do you think you’re doing here? | 你要准备干什么 |
[15:50] | My commander informed me that | 我的头儿告诉我 |
[15:52] | you made a request for my records | 你请求调取我的资料 |
[15:54] | which of course, is your right | 当然这是你的权力 |
[15:55] | so I thought I’d take a drive over | 所以我开过来 |
[15:57] | and deliver them to you myself. | 亲自拿给你 |
[16:00] | Nice house. | 房子不错 |
[16:01] | Do not try to intimidate me. | 别想着吓唬我 |
[16:03] | All I said was you have a nice house. | 我只是夸夸你的房子 |
[16:05] | First you follow me home | 一开始你跟踪我回家 |
[16:06] | and now you’re making vague threats? | 现在你开始软性威胁 |
[16:07] | Well, it’s not going to work. | 你不可能得逞 |
[16:09] | You gonna be so soory for messing with me. | 你会后悔和我斗的 |
[16:13] | Have a nice evening, ma’am. | 晚安 女士 |
[16:14] | You are going down, mister. You hear me? | 你会吃不了兜着走的 警官 听见了吗 |
[16:17] | You’re going down! | 吃不了兜着走的 |
[16:19] | I don’t care how long it takes or how much money | 不管花多长时间 多少钱 |
[16:21] | it costs. I’m going to win because I am right! | 我一定会打赢官司 因为我没错 |
[16:30] | There’s something you have to see… | 有点东西求您过目 |
[16:40] | Honey, I’m sorry you have to see that but … | 亲爱的 对不起 还是给你看了 |
[16:43] | it’s best you found out now before it’s too late. | 但是总比最后才发现要好 |
[16:49] | It’s wrong. | 不对 |
[16:51] | What? | 什么 |
[16:52] | The tape is wrong. | 这录像带不对 |
[16:56] | Dad …! | 爸 |
[16:57] | You heard your mother. the tape … … is … | 你听到你妈说的了 带子不 |
[17:05] | Oh, man | 妈呀 |
[17:11] | Honey … | 亲爱的 |
[17:12] | Look … | 你看 |
[17:13] | I’m not stupid. | 我又不傻 |
[17:14] | I saw the tape. | 我看过视频 |
[17:16] | But it’s wrong. | 但是带子出错了 |
[17:18] | I don’t know how to explain it, but I know. | 我不知道怎么解释 但是我知道 |
[17:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:21] | That tape is wrong. | 带子是错了 |
[17:24] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[17:25] | No, you don’t! | 你根本不相信我 |
[17:26] | Well, what do you expect? | 你要我做什么 |
[17:27] | I expect you to believe me. | 我希望你相信我 |
[17:30] | Lois, in the past 20 years you have never admitted that you were wrong. | 20年来 你从来没有承认过自己的错误 |
[17:32] | As far as I know, you’ve never needed to do it. | 我知道你不需要 |
[17:34] | But the facts are right there in front of your eyes | 但是事实就在那儿摆着 |
[17:37] | And this time you’re wrong! | 这次你确实做错了 |
[17:40] | And if you can’t see that well, that’s just plain crazy. | 如果你还看不出来 那就是疯了 |
[17:43] | I’m not crazy! | 我没疯 |
[17:44] | The tape is wrong,it has to be! | 带子是错的 肯定是 |
[17:47] | What are you saying, that someone doctored it? | 你什么意思 有人设了陷阱 |
[17:49] | No. .. I … | 不是 我 |
[17:51] | I know… I know it wasn’t doctored. | 我知道 没人设陷阱 |
[17:53] | I’m just saying it’s wrong! | 我只是想说带子出错了 |
[17:55] | I know what happened … | 我知道事情经过 |
[17:57] | And I know that I’m right. | 我知道自己的对的 |
[17:58] | Okay, honey, that maybe | 亲爱的 你有可能是对的 |
[17:59] | but me and the rest of the world tend to believe what we see | 但是这段录像很显然 会让我以及其他人认为 |
[18:03] | and everything is pointing to you being wrong. | 你确实违规了 |
[18:06] | The universe is telling you to give up. | 老天在提醒你放弃吧 |
[18:09] | It’s time to let it go. | 别纠缠了 |
[18:15] | Well … | 那 |
[18:17] | That’s not fair. | 不公平 |
[18:22] | You know what’s not fair, Lois? | Lois 你知道什么才不公平 |
[18:24] | Having to be right all the time! | 总是追求自己才是正确的 |
[18:27] | That’s a terrible burden! | 这是恶习 |
[18:29] | Wouldn’t it be a relief just to let go? | 你不觉得放弃会放下担子吗 |
[18:35] | You want me to say that I’m wrong even when I know I’m right? | 你想让我说我错了 在明知我正确的情况下 |
[18:39] | Yes. | 对 |
[18:40] | Yes, that’s exactly what I want … | 我就是这么想的 |
[18:41] | I know it doesn’t happen very often, | 我知道这不常发生 |
[18:43] | Lois, but you have been beaten. Let go. | Lois 你被事实打败了了 放弃吧 |
[18:49] | But I am right! | 但是我没错 |
[18:51] | But let go honey | 放弃吧 亲爱的 |
[18:52] | But … | 但 |
[18:52] | Just once! | 就这一次 |
[18:54] | Can you do that? | 做得到吗 |
[18:55] | Let go. | 放弃吧 |
[19:01] | That’s it, see? | 好了 是吧 |
[19:06] | Okay … | 好吧 |
[19:09] | Can you say it? | 你能说一遍吗 |
[19:10] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[19:14] | I was … wrong! | 我 错了 |
[19:19] | That’s right. | 对 |
[19:21] | You see? It’s not so bad. | 你看 也没那么难 |
[19:25] | You’ll go to traffic school | 你得去驾校 |
[19:27] | and meet some nice people maybe hear a couple good car jokes. | 见见别人 然后听几个有关车的笑话 |
[19:34] | Everything’s going to be all right, okay? | 所有的事都会好起来的 |
[19:37] | Everything’s going to be all right. | 所有的事都会好的 |
[19:39] | I’m so proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[19:43] | You’re so great. | 你真棒 |
[19:46] | You are so beautiful. | 你真美 |
[19:48] | You are so wrong. | 你错的真离谱 |
[19:54] | How many times have I told you people | 我告诉你们多少次了 |
[19:55] | don’t leave the refrigerator open? | 不许让冰箱门一直开着 |
[19:57] | You did it. | 是你没关 |
[20:00] | Maybe I did. | 可能是我 |
[20:02] | She’s been like this all week. | 她已经这样一个礼拜了 |
[20:04] | It’s like her spirit’s been broken. | 就跟丢了魂似的 |
[20:06] | It’s nice. | 太棒了 |
[20:07] | Hi Francis, about the money … | 喂 Francis 那个钱的事 |
[20:09] | Okay, look, I’ve raised 192 bucks, and if I can only… | 我攒了192块钱 只要我 |
[20:12] | Look, Francis, I’m sorry I got so angry. | Francis 对不起 我太生气了 |
[20:13] | Why don’t you just use that money to come home next weekend? | 要不下个礼拜你用这钱回家吧 |
[20:16] | But … | 但是 |
[20:17] | I have to go to traffic school, love you. Bye | 我得去驾校了 爱你 再见 |
[20:24] | Bye. | 再见 |
[20:27] | Grabbed 2 pieces. | 抓两个 |
[20:29] | Where’s Lois, did I miss her? | Lois在哪儿 我错过她了吗 |
[20:30] | Craig Craig … | |
[20:31] | You guys are not going to believe what I have … | 你们肯定不会相信 我 |
[20:34] | I have a surveillance arrangement with | 我和对面迷你超市的经理 |
[20:35] | the manager of the mini-mart across the street. | 有个监管协议 |
[20:38] | We exchange tapes in order to | 互相交换监控录像 |
[20:39] | better understand the security needs of our customers. | 来更好地了解安全需求和顾客需要 |
[20:41] | “Short skirt, windy day?” | 短裙迎风 |
[20:43] | That’s a code. | 这是暗号 |
[20:44] | Anyhoo, one of their cameras caught Lois | 反正 其中一个摄像头在Lois |
[20:47] | from a different angle right before she got her ticket. | 吃罚单前 从另外一个角度拍到Lois |
[21:01] | See? | 看见了吗 |
[21:03] | Lois was right all along! | Lois一直是对的 |
[21:05] | This completely exonerates her. Isn’t this great? | 这就能完全免除她的责任了 太棒了 |
[21:16] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[21:24] | You will never, ever tell her of this. | 你永远永远别告诉她 |
[21:27] | But … | 但是 |
[21:27] | Ah, ever | 永远 |
[21:32] | Got it? | 知道了吗 |