时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Leaving so soon, cadet? | 这么快就走了啊 学员 |
[00:09] | Sir, by statute 614 of the Alabama Legal Code | 长官 根据阿拉巴马州地方法规的第614条 |
[00:12] | I am officially emancipated and considered an adult, | 我已正式脱离父母管束 是成年人了 |
[00:14] | an adult who no longer chooses to attend Marlin Academy. | 我选择不继续待在马林学院 |
[00:18] | I have copies of the documents here if you want to see them again. | 我这有相关文件的拷贝 供您再次查阅 |
[00:21] | Oh, no need! | 哦 那倒不必了 |
[00:23] | I’m sure everything was done on the up and up. | 我确定你搞定这一切的手段是光明正大的 |
[00:26] | But let me tell you something, cadet. | 不过我还有些话想对你说 学员 |
[00:29] | In all my years at this academy | 我在学院呆了这么多年 |
[00:32] | I have never had a student who was more bull headed, | 你的牛脾气以及不惜一切代价逃避学习的决心 |
[00:36] | more committed to avoid learning at all costs. | 都是史无前例的 |
[00:40] | A cadet who’s constant byword was insubordination. | 一个始终以反抗为最高原则的学员 |
[00:46] | -Thank you, cadet. -What? | – 谢谢你 学员 – 什么 |
[00:51] | Before you came to this academy I was bored, uninspired, | 在你来学院前 我一直都很无聊 毫无斗志 |
[00:55] | and this close to retiring. | 甚至离退休那么的近 |
[00:57] | But your insolence and stupidity | 但是你的傲慢和愚蠢 |
[01:00] | have been the irritating grain of sand around | 就像蚌壳里恼人的沙子 |
[01:02] | which has formed the pearl of my renaissance. | 磨砺出了我这颗满血复活的珍珠 |
[01:07] | I like me again. | 我又开始喜爱我自己了 |
[01:09] | Cadet! | 学员 |
[01:13] | As a thanks I want you to have… | 作为答谢 我想送你一样东西 |
[01:15] | this. | 这个 |
[01:20] | Normally these are reserved for cadets | 通常情况下这些都是预留给 |
[01:21] | who have distinguished themselves | 那些功成名就的学生 |
[01:23] | or whose parents have donated a building, | 或者他们父母给学校捐了一栋楼 |
[01:26] | but you’ve left your mark here in your own way. | 但你用独特的方式在学院留下了属于你的印记 |
[01:29] | So, what the heck! | 所以 管他的 |
[01:31] | Wow! Sir, this is great. | 哇 先生 这真是太棒了 |
[01:34] | -Farewell, cadet. -Thank you so much. | – 别了 学员 – 太谢谢你了 |
[01:38] | Careful that’s razor… | 小心刀锋 |
[02:23] | Normally I dread the first day of school. | 通常情况下 我很害怕开学的第一天 |
[02:25] | But Mum’s been on such a rampage about Francis | 老妈因为Francis整天处于狂躁状态 |
[02:27] | it’s actually a relief to get out of house. | 不用再呆在家里的确让我松了口气 |
[02:29] | Thank God… | 谢天谢地 |
[02:31] | Summer’s…over. | 夏天总算结束了 |
[02:34] | Hello, babies. | 嗨 小朋友们 |
[02:35] | How’s baby school, babies? | 幼稚园怎么样啊 小乖乖们 |
[02:37] | Didn’t high school start a half hour ago? | 你们高中不是半个小时以前就开始上课了么 |
[02:39] | Hey, if I’m on time they’ll expect it every day. | 如果我今天准时了 他们会期望我每天都准时 |
[02:42] | Ow! Ow! Ow! | 哦 哦 哦 |
[02:44] | Hi, Reese. This is Gus. | 还 Reese 这位是Gus |
[02:46] | He’s in the lead to replace you as school bully. | 他试图取代你成为校园小霸王 |
[02:50] | He gives a wedgie that’ll knock your socks off. | 他扯裤衩的功力连你都望尘莫及 |
[02:53] | I’m not just saying that cos he’s got me in a head lock. | 人家才不是因为被扣着头才这么说的呢 |
[02:55] | If you grab your wrist and stave your fingers, | 抓住你的手腕 然后用力向内拉 |
[02:57] | you’ll get better leverage. | 杠杆作用会给你更完美的体验 |
[02:58] | You listen to him. He’s the man. | 听他的没错 他是专家 |
[03:05] | I’ve completed the research on our new teacher | 我给咱们的新老师搞了个全面的调查 |
[03:06] | if anyone’s interested. | 有人有兴趣看看吗 |
[03:10] | Lionel Herkabe Lionel Herkabe. | |
[03:12] | Born July 8th 1963. | 1963年6月8号出生 |
[03:14] | Parents, John and Ida. Notice anything? | 父母John和Ida 你们发现什么没 |
[03:17] | He was a Krelboyne. | 他曾是个”天才少年” |
[03:18] | We won’t have to talk down to him. | 我们可以不用高人一等的语气和他说话了 |
[03:21] | Finally, someone who knows our pain. | 终于 总算有人理解我们的痛苦了 |
[03:24] | Bentley. Gifted High. Princeton. | 开宾利 高天分 普林斯顿 |
[03:26] | Harvard Business. What’s this guy doing teaching? | 哈佛商学院 这种人干嘛跑来教书 |
[03:28] | Well, there was some unpleasantness. | 因为 发生过一些不愉快的事情 |
[03:31] | He quit a government think tank to start a… dot.Com. | 他离开政府智囊团 自己开设了一个网站 |
[03:34] | One time net worth 200 million. | 市值曾一度高达200万美金 |
[03:38] | Now 137 dollars. | 但现在只值137美元 |
[03:40] | Here he comes! Here he comes! | 他来了 他来了 |
[04:12] | -Who’s Dabney? -That’s me, sir. | – 谁是Dabney – 我 先生 |
[04:14] | I took the liberty of ordering you a decaf soy latte. | 我选择了送您一杯脱咖啡因的豆浆拿铁 |
[04:18] | Let me guess. | 让我来猜猜 |
[04:19] | Emotionally needy. Closet bed-wetter. | 感情上有缺失 内心中无主见 |
[04:23] | You get no affection at home so you’ll be seeking it from me. | 你在家里得不到重视 转而向我寻求这些东西 |
[04:25] | Look elsewhere, son. | 你还是把目光投向别处吧 小乖乖 |
[04:28] | Who’s the anal-retentive outsider… | 谁的外在性格表现出对细节的执念 |
[04:32] | With repressed matricidal tendencies? | 同时内部潜在着被压抑的弑母倾向 |
[04:35] | Yo, sir! Me, sir! Please, stop. | 我 先生 别说了 拜托 |
[04:40] | As you may or may not know I was once one of you, | 你们可能知道 我也曾和你们一样 |
[04:42] | a Krelboyne. | 被称作天才少年 |
[04:43] | And I’m sure I would have made the same lame attempt | 我知道我也会像你们一样做蹩脚的努力 |
[04:45] | to ingratiate myself to the new soft-headed thick-wit teaching my class. | 去迎合”脑子笨智商低”的新老师 |
[04:50] | Oh, yes. I’ve been there. I’ve been coddled and preened. | 我也曾处在那样的位置 被溺爱着 称赞着 |
[04:54] | “Oh, you’re a genius.” | “哦 你是个天才” |
[04:56] | “You can do anything you set your mind to.” | “只要下定决心 你可以做任何事” |
[04:58] | “It must be easy being you.” | “作为你的话肯定什么都很容易” |
[05:00] | Well, bull! | 拉倒吧 蠢货 |
[05:02] | All that gets you is an ex-wife | 这些带来的 是一桩破碎的婚姻 |
[05:04] | and 14 million dollars in debt. | 和一千四百万美元的债务 |
[05:06] | Now I refuse to let you fall into the trap | 我不会让你们也陷入 |
[05:08] | society has set for you. | 这个社会对咱们这类人预设的陷阱 |
[05:10] | Playtime is over, children! | 娱乐时间到此为止 孩子们 |
[05:12] | You’ve had a free ride so far. | 迄今为止你们搭了太多顺风车了 |
[05:14] | It’s about time somebody motivated you, challenged you, | 现在 激励你们 考验你们 |
[05:16] | tested your mental limits! | 测试你们心里极限的时刻来了 |
[05:19] | Granted, I don’t have a teaching certificate | 诚然 和我今早被迫在休息室 |
[05:21] | from a two-year community college like most of the people | 和他们打招呼的那些老师不同 |
[05:23] | I was forced to said hello to this morning in the teachers lounge. | 我没有从两年制社区大学中获得的教师资格证 |
[05:26] | But you know I’m just gonna try to muddle through | 不过哈佛大学的双学位 |
[05:28] | with my double doctorate from Harvard. | 也足够我蒙混过关的了 |
[05:32] | -This is a test! -Correct. You have 20 minutes. | – 这是考卷 – 没错 给你们20分钟 |
[05:34] | -There are six essay questions. -I’m sorry. | – 这可是六道论述题啊 – 不好意思 |
[05:37] | I thought this was the gifted class. Begin! | 但你们不是所谓的精英班么 快点开始 |
[05:53] | Thanks for the ride. | 谢谢您的顺风车 |
[05:55] | -Are you sure about this Alaska thing? -Absolutely. | – 去阿拉斯加的事你想清楚了吗 – 当然 |
[05:58] | I don’t know. I heard Alaska’s supposed to be a hole. | 我听说阿拉斯加就是个大冰窟窿 |
[06:00] | Are you kidding? Cruise ships go there! | 开什么玩笑呢 游轮旅行还到那里去呢 |
[06:03] | Onlt for about six weeks in the summer. | 只能在夏天的那六个星期 |
[06:05] | Isn’t it dark the rest of the year? | 其它时候应该就没有白天吧 |
[06:07] | I don’t have to justif myself to you. | 我不需要向你解释我的决定 |
[06:09] | I don’t have to justify myself to anyone. | 我不需要向任何人解释我的决定 |
[06:11] | That’s why I got emancipated, OK? | 我已经是独立的个体了 好吗 |
[06:13] | OK. Good luck with your parents. | 好吧 好好应付你爸妈吧 |
[06:16] | Yeah. Well, they had a week to think about it. | 没事 一周的时间足够他们冷静下来了 |
[06:18] | Let’s see how they take it. | 看着吧 |
[06:25] | You…! You…! | 你 你 |
[06:31] | You ungrateful son of a… | 你这个 混小子 |
[06:36] | This wasn’t meant to hurt you! | 伤害你不是我的本意 |
[06:55] | All I’m saying is you can get your diploma first | 我是说只要你先拿到学位 |
[06:58] | then do what you want. | 之后就可以随心所欲了 |
[06:59] | It’s all about maximising your options. | 这样你就会有更多选择 |
[07:02] | Take in the long view. | 你的目光应该长远一点 |
[07:04] | -Sorry about using the closer. -Nonsense. | – 抱歉我用了夹脚那招 – 没事 |
[07:07] | I wouldn’t have taught you if I didn’t want you to use it. | 如果我不想让你用这招 当初就不会教你了 |
[07:09] | Listen. What do I always say? | 还记得我的口头禅吗 |
[07:11] | The nards are fair game. | 冒风险的游戏总是公平的 |
[07:12] | The nards are fair game! | 冒风险的游戏总是公平的 |
[07:14] | Look, sometimes you’re presented with an opportunity | 我只觉得有些机会是 |
[07:16] | you just can’t pass up. | 不容人错过的 |
[07:18] | I hope you’ll understand. | 我希望你能明白 |
[07:20] | – I’m not the one you have to worry about. -I know. | – 你搞错说服对象了 – 我知道 |
[07:21] | And I wanna get this straight with mom. | 我想和妈妈直接说明我的想法 |
[07:23] | That’s why I came here. | 这就是我回来的原因 |
[07:25] | OK, then. Honey! | 那好吧 亲爱的 |
[07:29] | Your son has something to say to you. | 你儿子有话对你说 |
[07:34] | Huh! I didn’t know the Henderson’s | 哈 我都不知道Henderson家 |
[07:36] | painted their house. | 重新漆了下房子呢 |
[07:44] | Well, I have your test results. You all got A’s. | 你们的考试结果出来了 你们都得了A |
[07:49] | But, since this is the gifted class, I also factored in | 但既然你们是精英班 我同时纳入考量了 |
[07:53] | cogency of argument, economy of language | 论据的说服力 语言的简练度 |
[07:56] | and penmanship, which enabled me to do this. | 以及你们的字体 最终我做出了这个 |
[08:01] | -What is that? -A ranking board. | – 那是什么 – 一块名次白板 |
[08:03] | But I thought you said we all got A’s. | 你不是说我们都得了A吗 |
[08:05] | Oh, you did. But some of you got better A’s than others. | 确实如此 只不过有些同学的A含金量更高 |
[08:09] | -But we all still have A’s? -Of course. | – 但是我们还是都得了A啊 – 是的 |
[08:12] | So, er, what does being number one get you? | 那么 你排个第一第二出来有什么意义呢 |
[08:14] | Nothing! Just the knowledge that you are number one. | 没什么 但是第一名就成了你的代码 |
[08:19] | Or that you are not number one. | 而你不是第一名 |
[08:24] | Yes, number five? | 什么事 第五名 |
[08:25] | It’s Dabney, sir. | 我是Dabney 先生 |
[08:27] | I know. What is it number five? | 我知道 你想说什么呢 第五名 |
[08:29] | I forgot. | 我忘了 |
[08:33] | What…a jerk. | 太 混蛋了 |
[08:35] | Is that what we’re gonna turn out like? | 难道我们的未来就是他那样吗 |
[08:37] | If I ever start acting like that you have to promise to kill me. | 一旦我出现那种趋势 答应我 一定要杀了我 |
[08:40] | No! No more death pacts. | 不行 不能再定什么死亡契约了 |
[08:43] | Don’t worry about it. | 你们都别担心了 |
[08:44] | The only way that stupid board can have an effect on us | 那块蠢透了的白板不会对我们造成任何影响 |
[08:46] | is if we let it. | 除非我们自乱阵脚 |
[08:47] | Those numbers mean nothing. | 那些数字毫无意义 |
[08:50] | What are…you doing? | 你在 你在干嘛 |
[08:53] | -Nothing! -You were studying? | – 没什么 – 你是在学习吗 |
[08:57] | No, I wasn’t. My book just fell open at this page. | 没有 只是书刚好翻在那一页了 |
[09:01] | You know… I’m really not hungry. | 其实 我这会儿一点也不饿 |
[09:04] | I think I left my recess stuff in my locker. | 我的东西落在储物柜里了 |
[09:10] | Oh my God! High school is awesome! | 老天 高中实在是太酷了 |
[09:12] | They have an entire room for detention. | 居然有一间专门的禁闭室 |
[09:14] | They put you in with juniors and seniors. | 惯犯和偶尔迟到一次的都被关在一起 |
[09:17] | Some of them have records. | 有些人已经被记录在案 |
[09:18] | It’s really inspiring. | 实在是太鼓舞人心了 |
[09:21] | -What are you looking at? -Francis. | – 你在看什么呢 – Francis |
[09:23] | He’s still out there? | 他还在外面吗 |
[09:25] | Yeah, he’s eating out of the bird-feeder. | 是的 而且他已经把鸟食儿给吃光了 |
[09:27] | Who’s shoes are these? Who left their shoes in the living-room? | 这是谁的鞋啊 谁把鞋脱在了客厅里 |
[09:31] | -Those’re mine. I’m sorry. -You’re right, you’re sorry! | – 是我的 我很抱歉 – 你确实应该抱歉 |
[09:34] | Leaving your shoes around like you don’t even care about them! | 把鞋到处乱扔好像你完全不在乎它们一样 |
[09:37] | I hope you like walking to school in your socks! | 你是不是很享受只穿着袜子去上学啊 |
[09:39] | I said I’m sorry. | 我说过对不起了 |
[09:41] | -I’ve heard sorry before! -I don’t think so. | – 我以前就听你过说对不起 – 没有吧 |
[09:44] | OK. I tell you what we’re gonna do. | 很好 我来告诉你我们该怎么做 |
[09:47] | From now on when you wanna wear shoes you check them out. | 从现在开始你需要穿鞋就要登记 |
[09:51] | Sign them in. Sign them out. Just like a library. | 登记归还 登记借出 就像图书馆一样 |
[09:57] | Clean up those toys! | 把那些玩具收拾好 |
[10:12] | Oh! Oh, thanks. | 哦 多谢了 |
[10:14] | It’s freezing out there. | 外面快冻死了 |
[10:15] | It’s good to see you guys. I really missed you. | 见到你们真好 我想死你们了 |
[10:19] | – Ow! What’s that for?! – Emancipation? | – 你为什么这样 – 脱离父母管束 |
[10:22] | What, you’re divorcing the family now? | 怎么 你是想瓦解咱们家吗 |
[10:24] | How could you do this to mom? | 你怎么可以这样对妈妈 |
[10:25] | She left me no choice. | 她让我别无选择 |
[10:28] | Ow! | 哦 |
[10:29] | We’ve done a lot of bad things to mom, | 我们也做了一大堆 对不起老妈的坏事 |
[10:30] | but we’ve never abandoned her. | 但是我们没想着要抛弃她 |
[10:32] | I’m not abandoning her! | 我没想着抛弃她 |
[10:34] | I’m just going to Alaska! | 我只是要去阿拉斯加 |
[10:35] | That’s 5,000 miles away! | 那离这儿有五千英里 |
[10:37] | It is not… 5,000 miles? Are you serious? | 怎么会 五千英里吗 你确定 |
[10:39] | Oh, my God! It’s gonna take me forever to get up there! | 上帝 我要花多久才能到那里啊 |
[10:43] | – Then, don’t go. – Guys, you have to understand that | – 那你就别去了 – 兄弟们 |
[10:45] | I’m not doing this to hurt anybody, I just… | 我不是为了伤害谁才这样做的 我只是 |
[10:48] | I really think this is my best chance | 我真的认为这可能是最好的机会 |
[10:50] | to make something of myself. | 如果我自己要做出点成绩的话 |
[10:51] | -Tell it to mom. -I can’t. | – 那去告诉妈妈啊 – 我没机会 |
[10:53] | She won’t talk to me. She’s being so immature. | 她拒绝和我说话 她太不成熟了 |
[10:56] | In the meantime I’m stuck outside in the freezing cold. | 与此同时我还要呆在冻死人的室外 |
[11:00] | Hey, would it be alright if I slept in here tonight? | 嘿 我今晚能不能睡在这里 |
[11:07] | Certainly the whale represents the search for God. | 很显然白鲸代表了一种对上帝的追寻 |
[11:07] | 这个场景是学生们在讨论梅尔维尔的文学名著《白鲸》 这个小说以船长和一条白鲸为主要角色 人们对其主题的理解众说纷纭 | |
[11:11] | But that could be limiting. | 但是这里面包含着某种限制 |
[11:12] | We could say it was the search for the self. | 我们也可以说这是一种对自我的追寻 |
[11:15] | Melville could be considered a pre-existentialist. | Melville可以被当做是先存在主义者 |
[11:22] | You can’t deny the whale could be the search for truth | 但你不能否认 白鲸也可能代表对真理的追寻 |
[11:25] | which has been a theme throughout his whole oeuvre. | 这是一条贯穿全文的主线 |
[11:33] | But you can’t overlook the fact that it is a whale | 但你不能忽视它的确是条鲸鱼的事实 |
[11:35] | which was the biggest industry in the 19th century. | 在19世纪捕鲸是一个巨大的产业链条 |
[11:38] | The oil was used in lamps, soaps and even cosmetics. | 它们的油脂被用于灯泡 香皂甚至是化妆品 |
[11:44] | Today whaling is outlawed | 时至今日捕鲸已经为法律所禁止 |
[11:46] | but many Aleutian islanders are legally allowed to harvest whales | 但是许多阿留申群岛上的原住民 |
[11:51] | for…ritual purposes. | 因为传统礼节的关系依然被允许捕杀鲸鱼 |
[11:56] | But I digress! | 但是我跑题了 |
[11:59] | Wow! Nine places. That’s gotta be a record. | 直接掉了九位 创造了一个新记录啊 |
[12:05] | OK, on to new business. | 好了 我们谈论下一个问题 |
[12:07] | This Friday Principal Littledove will be dropping by | 这周五Littledove校长 |
[12:10] | for a little evaluation. | 会来我们学校做个评估 |
[12:12] | I think he’ll be very impressed with what he sees. | 我想他一定会为自己看到的一切印象颇深 |
[12:14] | I don’t think he’ll understand it. | 我不认为他能看懂 |
[12:16] | But his tiny brain will have | 但是他那小小的脑袋 |
[12:19] | the dim perception of the progress you can make | 还是能模模糊糊的意识到 |
[12:21] | when students are properly motivated. | 当学生被适当激励后他们所能取得的进步 |
[12:25] | Now, who would like to sink their teeth into some Bernoulli equations? | 现在 有谁愿意阐述一下伯努利方程 |
[12:34] | Come on, guys. Look at yourselves. | 拜托 伙计们 看看你们自己 |
[12:36] | If we don’t let the rankings get to us they mean nothing! | 如果我们自己不在意 那个排名算个屁呀 |
[12:39] | Easy for you to say, number one. | 站着说话不腰疼 第一名 |
[12:41] | I have a name! We all have names! | 我有名字 我们都有名字 |
[12:44] | Oh, my God! I can’t remember mine! | 老天 我突然想不起来我的名字了 |
[12:46] | This is ridiculous! | 太荒谬了 |
[12:48] | School used to be the one place | 学校曾是我们唯一能真正获得快乐的地方 |
[12:49] | where you were truely happy and Herkabe has taken that away from you. | 但是Herkabe剥夺了这种快乐 |
[12:53] | That stupid board is ruining our lives! | 那块蠢透了的白板已经把我们的生活给毁了 |
[12:55] | We can’t let him do that! | 我们不能就这样任其发展 |
[12:56] | What choice…do we have? | 我们 还有别的选择吗 |
[12:59] | We have the choice that people have had for centuries. | 有一种选择已经存在了好几个世纪了 |
[13:02] | We can choose to fail. | 我们可以选择都考不及格 |
[13:04] | Like the French? | 比如在法语考试上吗 |
[13:06] | You mean…we tank…today’s test? | 你是说 我们挂掉 今天的考试吗 |
[13:09] | No, we don’t tank it… | 不 我们不是挂掉考试 |
[13:12] | We nuke it! | 我们灭掉它 |
[13:14] | Every answer wrong! No complete sentences! | 每题答案都写错 每句句子都不完整 |
[13:17] | No punctuation! And we use number three pencils. | 不加标点符号 还有 我们用三号铅笔 |
[13:23] | -You can’t rank zeroes. -Brilliant! | – 总不能给零分排名次吧 – 太棒了 |
[13:25] | He’ll have no choice but to throw out his stupid system. | 到时他一点办法也没有 只能放弃他那一套了 |
[13:27] | We’ll be free! | 我们就解放了 |
[13:36] | I’m very disappointed in you. | 我对你真的很失望 |
[13:39] | Everyone else, nice job. | 其他同学 都做得很好 |
[13:50] | -Sorry. -I’m sorry. | – 抱歉 – 对不起 |
[13:54] | I tried. My hand wouldn’t let me. | 我试了 但是我的手不听话 |
[13:59] | I regret…nothing! | 我一点也不 后悔 |
[14:02] | Interesting gambit but I guess | 有趣的策略 |
[14:04] | the lemmings didn’t follow you off the cliff. | 但是小跟班们没有乖乖按计划行事 |
[14:06] | When you spend some time in the real world | 如果你花点时间了解下现实 |
[14:08] | you realise you can’t fight the system. | 你会发现你是无法对抗体系的 |
[14:10] | And now, I’m the system. | 而现在 我就是体系 |
[14:30] | Don’t worry, I just let the air out. | 别担心 我只是把气放掉了 |
[14:31] | We can talk while I put on your spare. | 我给你换备胎的时候我们可以聊聊 |
[14:34] | Look I’m sorry I had to resort to this | 这样做我很抱歉 |
[14:36] | but you have to give me five minutes so we can talk. | 但是我需要你给我五分钟让我们谈谈 |
[14:41] | We can talk over the music. | 我们可以一边听音乐一边聊 |
[14:43] | You can’t drive on a flat! | 你的轮胎瘪了 不能上路 |
[14:46] | You’re gonna ruin your rims! | 车底盘的边框会被你擦坏的 |
[14:53] | That was a red light! | 你闯红灯了 |
[14:56] | You might want to notice | 您会很高兴的看到 |
[14:57] | 英文的回文 是指一个单字或名词或句子 顺读倒读都可成立的 如dad | |
[14:57] | my entire opening paragraph is a palindrome. | 我的第一段整段都是回文 |
[15:00] | You might want to notice…my formatting. | 看到我的格式 相信您会很高兴 |
[15:10] | -What’s this? -A study of irrigation techniques of pre Roman society | – 这是啥 – 论述古罗马先进的水利技术 |
[15:13] | and how they led to advance western civilisation. | 以及他们对西方文明的推进 |
[15:15] | I thought we were just studying Mesopotamian farming techniques. | 我们不是才学到美索不达米亚农业么 |
[15:18] | -We were. -I just used that as a jumping off piont. | – 是的 – 我用这一点作为开头 |
[15:21] | I start on how their influences spread through the Egyptians, | 来阐述古罗马文明对于埃及人 |
[15:24] | the Carthaginians, basically through the whole ancient world. | 迦太基人 以至于整个早期人类的影响 |
[15:27] | I think you’ll be happy with this paper. | 我想看到这个您一定很高兴吧 |
[15:29] | Very nice, number 12. | 很好 第十二名 |
[15:32] | It’s nice to see a little effort put forth | 很高兴有人表现出了一点超前的努力 |
[15:35] | while some are content to do the absolute minimum. | 当另一些人还在细枝末节上挖空心思的时候 |
[15:42] | So,…he wants…to play. | 所以 他是想 和我们过招了 |
[15:45] | Ho-ho, we’ll play, alright. | 那我们就好好陪他玩一把 |
[15:49] | What is it we’re playing? | 我们到底要玩什么呢 |
[16:51] | OK. I think we’re ready to show Principal Littledove | 好 我想我们可以向Littledove校长 |
[16:53] | what the right kind motivation can accomplish. | 展示我们的激励成果了 |
[16:56] | Well done, class. | 干得漂亮 同学们 |
[17:04] | You know, maybe we should just put our heads down | 我想是时候我们可以垂下脑袋 |
[17:07] | and take a rest for a moment, shall we? | 好好休息一会儿了 你们说呢 |
[17:14] | -Yes? -Did you know I can count to a million | -你说 – 您知道吗 我可以数出 |
[17:17] | by prime numbers? | 一到一百万之间的素数 |
[17:18] | -I can, too! -So can I! It’s easy! | – 我也可以 – 我也可以 太简单了 |
[17:21] | -That’s not necessary. -2, 3, 5 ,7, 11… | – 这个就不需要了 – 2 3 5 7 11 |
[17:30] | Now by hundreds. 101, 211, 307… | 现在到一百了 101 211 307 |
[17:34] | 401 503 601 401, 503, 601… | |
[17:37] | Seven…seven…! No! | 7 7 不 |
[17:41] | -That is enough! -by thousands! 1,009, 2,003… | – 够了 – 从一千开始 1009 2003 |
[17:46] | -2,011, 2,023. -No! | – 2011 2023 – 不 |
[17:51] | Where are you going, number three? | 你要去哪儿 第三名 |
[17:53] | It’s hot! It’s hot and I’m stupid! | 太热了 太热了 我太蠢了 |
[17:56] | I’m stupid, too! | 我也很蠢 |
[18:00] | Everybody please remain seated! | 大家都坐在自己的座位上 |
[18:19] | -I’m nothing! -I’m invisible! | – 我什么也不是 – 我是小透明 |
[18:25] | Boy, that’s quite a show for your first week here. | 伙计 你才来一周 就变成这鬼样子了 |
[18:29] | You were right. You can’t beat the system. | 你是对的 我们确实对抗不了体系 |
[18:31] | But you sure can break it. | 但我们可以让体系崩溃 |
[18:37] | I love you guys. | 我爱你们 |
[18:39] | I’ll write you when I get there, OK? | 我到那儿后一定会给你们写信的 好吗 |
[18:41] | Someday when you come back | 如果哪一天你回来了 |
[18:44] | and you’re unemployed and have no place to live, | 找不到工作也找不到住处 |
[18:48] | you can come stay at my castle. | 你可以来住到我的城堡里 |
[18:52] | Thanks, bud. | 谢谢你 兄弟 |
[18:54] | He’s leaving. He just wants to talk to you. | 他要走了 他只是想和你谈谈 |
[18:57] | Just hear him out. | 你就不能听一听吗 |
[19:00] | Lois! This has got to stop! | Lois 你还不停下 |
[19:03] | He’s going very far away | 他要到一个很远的地方去了 |
[19:04] | and you’re not gonna see him for a long time. | 将会有很长一段时间你都见不到他 |
[19:08] | Honey, there are moments in life that you just don’t get back | 亲爱的 生命中有些时刻是一去不复返的 |
[19:13] | and I know you. If you do not deal with this now | 而我非常了解你 如果你现在不解决的话 |
[19:16] | it will haunt you for ever. | 你会永远为此困扰的 |
[19:22] | Fine. I’ve lost a son but gained a baby. | 随你吧 我失去了一个儿子但却多了一个宝宝 |
[19:31] | I tried. | 我尽力了 |
[19:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:41] | Are you sure this is what you want? | 这真的是你想要的吗 你确定 |
[19:44] | Well, it better be. | 最好是咯 |
[19:47] | Francis Francis. | |
[19:59] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[20:04] | This is what you get! | 这就是报应 |
[20:05] | This is what you get for the way you treated me! | 这就是你这样对我的报应 |
[20:08] | I’m going to Alaska and you’ll be left without a son! | 我要去阿拉斯加了 而你被你儿子甩在原地 |
[20:10] | And the horrible way you treated me | 你对待我的糟糕方式 |
[20:12] | is now a matter of public record! | 一定会变成一个公共记录 |
[20:14] | I treated you?! | 我对你怎么了 |
[20:15] | I’ve sacrificed for you and | 我一直为你牺牲 但是你呢 |
[20:17] | you’ve caused us nothing but pain! | 除了痛苦什么也没有给我带来 |
[20:19] | You want pain? I’ve got your scars, baby! | 你说痛苦 我心里还有你给我的精神伤痕呢 |
[20:21] | Three and half years in that horrible school | 在那个恐怖的学校里呆了三年半 |
[20:23] | We went without for that school! | 少给我提你的学校 |
[20:25] | Oh! Oh! Maybe I should thank you? | 那我是不是应该谢谢你 |
[20:27] | Thank you mother for making my life a living hell! | 谢谢你老妈 让我生活在地狱里 |
[20:30] | Living hell? You’ve been nothing but a problem since you were born! | 生活在地狱里 从一出生你就是个麻烦 |
[20:33] | I’m outta here! | 我要离开这儿 |