时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:28] | Fine! I’ll go to parent-teacher night. | 好吧 我会去家长会的 |
[01:09] | Hello? Hey, Stevie. | 哪位 Stevie啊 |
[01:13] | The usual. We’re on punishment. | 照常 我们正在受罚 |
[01:16] | No good reason,we had the eggs, | 没原因 我们有鸡蛋 |
[01:17] | we had the golf clubs, what do you expect? | 又有高尔夫球杆 你猜我们会干吗 |
[01:21] | Whoa! Really? | 哇 真的么 |
[01:23] | I want that thing spotless! | 我要这些砖块一尘不染 |
[01:25] | I want to be able to lick the bricks. | 干净的可以舔 |
[01:27] | When you gonna lick the bricks? | 你什么时候去舔砖 |
[01:28] | I want you to be able to lick the bricks. | 我要干净到你可以舔砖 |
[01:30] | I’ll lick the bricks right now. | 我现在舔好吧 |
[01:32] | This is the last day of your punishment. | 这是你们受罚的最后一天 |
[01:34] | You’ll be tagged on one day more? | 你想让我再加一天么 |
[01:35] | Alright, alright! | 好吧 好吧 |
[01:46] | Hi, Stevie’s dad got three extra tickets | Stevie的老爸多出来三张 |
[01:47] | to the Demolition Derby! | 撞车大赛的票 |
[01:48] | – Cool! – That’s not the best part! | – 酷 – 这还不是最牛的 |
[01:50] | We are going with Stevies | 我们和Stevies家一起去 |
[01:51] | and we get the handicapped seats in the front! | 可以坐前排的老弱病残座 |
[01:54] | Hey Mom, can we go to the Demolition Derby tomorrow? | 老妈 我们明天可以去撞车大赛么 |
[01:57] | Demolition Derby? | 撞车大赛呀 |
[01:58] | What? You wanna go tomorrow? | 你们想明天去啊 |
[02:00] | – Yeah. Why not? – Our punishment’s over tonight. | – 为什么不呢 – 惩罚今晚就结束了 |
[02:03] | You think we might have something planned for tomorrow? | 你们不觉得我们明天有什么计划么 |
[02:05] | Yeah! The Demolition Derby. | 对啊 去看撞车大赛 |
[02:07] | Or could it be that tomorrow is your father’s birthday?! | 或者明天其实是你们亲爹的生日啊 |
[02:11] | – Oh. – We talked about this! | – 哦 – 我们不是说好了吗 |
[02:13] | Maybe Dad can come with us. | 也许老爸可以和我们一起去 |
[02:14] | Yeah, we could get him a ticket from scoreboard, | 对呀 我们可以再给他弄一张票 |
[02:16] | that could be as a present. | 作为生日礼物 |
[02:17] | You’re not going anywhere! | 你们哪都不能去 |
[02:19] | You’re staying at home | 你们要呆在家里 |
[02:20] | and we’re gonna throw your father a party like we talked about! | 按说好的给老爸办个生日派对 |
[02:23] | I have something very special planned. | 我有一个非常特别的计划 |
[02:25] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[02:26] | It’s none of your business. | 不关你们的事 |
[02:27] | It’s a surprise for your father. | 是给你们老爸的惊喜 |
[02:28] | I can’t believe you, boys! | 你们真是让人难以置信 |
[02:30] | You have to be forced into celebrating your father’s birthday?! | 你们还要被逼着给老爸庆生啊 |
[02:34] | You should be ashamed of yourselves! | 你们羞不羞 |
[02:35] | You know what, you don’t have to yell at us, | 用得着吼吗 |
[02:37] | we can hear you just fine | 我们能听进去 |
[02:38] | if you talk in a normal tone of voice. | 有话好好说 |
[02:41] | I’m OK with the present system. | 我满意现在的安排 |
[02:44] | Get back to work. | 快回去干活 |
[02:49] | I’m not OK with the present system! | 我才不满意现在的安排 |
[02:52] | How does she make me say things like that? | 她怎么让我说出这话的 |
[02:55] | – Oh, my God! – What is it? | – 天哪 – 这是什么 |
[02:56] | Francis is coming home. | Francis 要回家了 |
[02:58] | – Really? – You’re kidding! | – 真的么 – 你开玩笑吧 |
[02:59] | No, this is his itinerary. He gets in tomorrow. | 这是他的行程 他明天就到家 |
[03:02] | I hope this doesn’t ruin Mom’s plan. | 期望他不要毁了老妈的计划 |
[03:04] | This is Mom’s special plan! | 这就是老妈的特别计划 |
[03:06] | Why didn’t she tell us? | 为什么不告诉我们 |
[03:08] | Because it’s a surprise for Dad! | 因为这是给老爸的惊喜 |
[03:10] | And if we blow her secret, mom’s gonna kill us. | 如果泄露出去 老妈会杀了我们 |
[03:13] | – So keep your mouth shut and finish our work. – Right. | – 所以闭嘴干活吧 – 好吧 |
[03:18] | Come on, Dewey, you call this clean? | Dewey 你管这叫干净吗 |
[03:32] | Happy birthday to you Happy birthday to you | 祝你生日快乐 |
[03:35] | Happy birthday, dear Dad | 生日快乐 老爸 |
[03:37] | Happy birthday to you | 祝你生日快乐 |
[03:43] | “You’ve never seen anything like this before.” | 前所未有 |
[03:46] | “The Demolition Derby comes to the fairground tonight at 8:00.” | 撞车大赛今晚八点将露天广场举行 |
[03:51] | “Doctor Bob Edwards and his ’76 station wagon.” | Bob Edwards博士和他的76旅行车 |
[03:54] | “Aw, damn, destruction, mayhem, big cash prizes.” | 撞车 破坏 超级现金大奖 |
[03:58] | “Winner takes home $150!” | 胜利者将赢取$150奖金 |
[04:02] | “Come if you dare!” | 有种就来挑战吧 |
[04:05] | This is so unfair! Dad has tonnes of birthdays, | 这不公平 老爸过那么多次生日 |
[04:08] | but there’s only one Demolition Derby. | 但是撞车大赛只有一次 |
[04:10] | We never get to do anything good! | 我们就是轮不到好事儿 |
[04:13] | Well, at least Francis will be here. | 至少Francis会回来 |
[04:16] | “..And his ’76 station wagon. Oh, damn!” | 他的76号赛车 要命啊 |
[04:22] | Not bad. | 还不错 |
[04:24] | Still have a little snap in my skin. | 我的皮肤还是挺嫩的 |
[04:26] | For the love of God, what did you do to me? | 我的天哪 你到底对我做了什么 |
[04:30] | – What do you mean? – All those situps I did, | – 你什么意思 – 我做了那么多仰卧起坐 |
[04:32] | all those miles I ran every morning | 坚持每天晨跑 |
[04:34] | and this is how you repay me, by looking like hell?! | 你就是这么回报我的 看起来这么糟糕 |
[04:37] | You think I look bad? | 你觉得我看起来很糟糕 |
[04:38] | Please! The crow’s feet, the turkey neck? | 拜托 雨尾纹和松弛的脖子 |
[04:41] | OK, a few years have gone by, | 可是好多年过去了 |
[04:43] | there’s been a little wear and tear. | 有点磨损嘛 |
[04:46] | Wear and tear?! | 什么一点磨损 |
[04:48] | You look like a puppet of yourself made out of cottage cheese! | 你就像一坨软趴趴的干酪做的人偶 |
[04:51] | What are you talking about? Check out the pant melons! | 什么呀 看看这翘臀 |
[04:54] | They still do the trick. | 还是很赞的 |
[04:56] | Sure, it’s magnificent. | 确实 真心赞 |
[04:58] | But you won’t be able to coast on that forever. | 但是你不能靠这个一劳永逸 |
[05:03] | I postdate cheques to the power company all the time, | 我一直迟交电费来着也没事儿 |
[05:05] | why is that suddenly such a big deal? | 为什么突然不让了 |
[05:08] | look, I am a little short this month, | 听着 我这个月手头有点紧 |
[05:10] | because I spend a lot money | 我花了很多钱 |
[05:11] | to surprise my husband for his birthday. | 想给老公一个生日惊喜 |
[05:13] | But next month… | 下个月就 |
[05:15] | No, it was a special circumstance. | 不 这只是营造特别的气氛 |
[05:19] | Look, can I speak with your supervisor? | 把你们主管叫来 |
[05:22] | No, don’t put me on ho…! | 别让我等 |
[05:25] | – Damn! – Oops, let me get those. | – 可恶 – 我来捡 |
[05:28] | – Oh, there’s one. – Yes, I’m still holding. | – 这里有一件 – 我还在 |
[05:32] | Do you have to stay on the phone? | 你一定要继续打电话么 |
[05:33] | Hal would you please give me a minute, | Hal 你能不能等我一下 |
[05:34] | they’re threatening to cut off the power. | 他们正威胁说要停电 |
[05:36] | It’s a 24-hour number, | 这是24小时热线 |
[05:37] | you can call them back. | 你可以下次打回去 |
[05:38] | – No, I can’t! – Yes, you can! | – 不 我不能 – 你明明可以 |
[05:40] | You know, there was a time | 以前我可不需要提醒你 |
[05:41] | when I didn’t have to ask for your attention! | 让你注意到我 |
[05:43] | What? Yes, I’m still… | 什么 是的 我还在 |
[05:44] | I thought you are getting the supervisor. | 我以为你把电话给主管了 |
[05:45] | A man likes to be noticed when he walks in a room, Lois! | Lois 男人期待一进屋就被关注的 |
[05:48] | Boys, would you leave the room | 孩子们 你们能不能离开房间 |
[05:49] | – so your father and I can talk? – No! | – 让老爸跟我聊一下 – 不 |
[05:56] | – Excuse me? – I’m not leaving! | – 什么 – 我才不走 |
[05:59] | You guys just chase us out | 你想把我们赶走的时候就赶走 |
[06:00] | whenever you want without even asking us! | 甚至都不问问我们 |
[06:02] | I’m tired of it! | 我忍无可忍了 |
[06:04] | Watching TV is the only thing to do in this house | 在屋里唯一可以做的就是看电视 |
[06:07] | that’s actually fun! | 看电视乐趣多 |
[06:09] | So you’re left with two choices! | 给你们俩选择 |
[06:10] | You can either fight somewhere else | 要么出去吵 |
[06:12] | or get us a TV for our room! | 要么给我们房间装个电视 |
[06:16] | There’s no reasoning with that woman. | 这女人好不讲理 |
[06:19] | I thought you made some good points. | 我觉得你说的有道理 |
[06:21] | It doesn’t matter, she doesn’t listen anyway. | 无所谓 反正她也没在听 |
[06:23] | It’s like talking to a wall. | 对墙弹琴 |
[06:26] | Hey, that’s what we’re doing. | 我们这会儿不就在对墙弹么 |
[06:27] | Just relax, it’s only for a couple of hours. | 放宽心 就几个小时而已 |
[06:30] | When Francis gets home, | 等Francis到家了 |
[06:31] | they’ll forget all about it. | 他们这点小事儿就都忘了 |
[06:33] | We can get through this. | 我们能挺过去的 |
[06:44] | We’ve been waiting for 20 minutes, | 我们都等了20分钟了 |
[06:45] | Lois, when can we eat? | Lois 什么时候开吃 |
[06:47] | Hal, we have to wait for the ice cream to loosen up. | Hal 我们要等冰激凌变软 |
[06:51] | You know you like it soft. | 你喜欢吃软的 |
[06:52] | No, I don’t. | 我不喜欢 |
[06:53] | Yes, you do. | 你喜欢 |
[06:54] | In fact, so do we. We all do. | 确实 我们都喜欢 |
[06:56] | – Since when? – Since yesterday. | – 什么时候开始的 – 从昨天开始的 |
[06:59] | What happened yesterday? | 昨天发生什么了 |
[07:01] | Dad, | 老爸 |
[07:02] | just be patient. This isn’t a witch hunt. | 稍微耐心点 这不是迫害 |
[07:04] | Just calm down, and whatever happens is gonna happen. | 淡定点 该发生的总是会发生的 |
[07:08] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[07:10] | What I’m trying to say is we’re gonna get through this together. | 我说我们要一起度过难关 |
[07:14] | As a family | 既作为家人 |
[07:17] | And as individuals. | 也作为个人 |
[07:20] | In this great country where we live. | 在这个我们生存着的伟大的国度 |
[07:26] | Thank God! | 哎哟妈呀 |
[07:27] | – Come on, Hal! – What…? | – 快过来Hal – 怎么啦 |
[07:30] | – What are you doing? – Giving you your present! | – 你要干嘛 – 生日礼物啊 |
[07:35] | Happy birthday, Dad! | 生日快乐 老爸 |
[07:36] | Francis Francis! | |
[07:37] | Oh, my God, it’s Francis! | 天哪 是Francis |
[07:40] | Oh, look at you! Come here! | 瞧你 快过来 |
[07:42] | I can’t believe it! How long are you staying? | 我真不敢相信 你这次住多长时间 |
[07:45] | A few days. You surprised? | 就几天 惊讶么 |
[07:47] | Surprised? I’m, I’m, I’m in shock! | 岂止惊讶 我都震惊了 |
[07:48] | You should be! | 你应该感到震惊 |
[07:49] | I’ve been planning this for months! | 我都计划了好几个月了 |
[07:51] | – Thank you! – Happy birthday, honey. | – 谢谢你 – 生日快乐 亲爱的 |
[07:53] | Well, hold on, I got another surprise for you. | 等一下 我还有一个惊喜给你 |
[07:58] | Everybody, this is Piama. | 大伙 这是Piama |
[08:01] | She’s my wife. | 我老婆大人 |
[08:07] | – We’re married. – Hi. | – 我们结婚了 – 嗨 |
[08:11] | I was gonna tell you over the phone | 我本来打算打电话告诉你们 |
[08:12] | and then I thought, | 但是我想 |
[08:13] | why not bring her down here and surprise you on person! | 为什么不直接带她过来给你们个惊喜呢 |
[08:16] | What do you mean You’re married? | 什么意思 你们结婚了 |
[08:17] | Piama and I are husband and wife. | Piama和我是夫妻 |
[08:19] | We got married last week. | 我们上周结婚了 |
[08:21] | Last week? | 上个星期 |
[08:21] | Francis, who is this woman? | Francis 这女人到底是谁 |
[08:23] | She’s my wife. Her name is Piama. | 她是我老婆 她叫Piama |
[08:26] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:32] | Well, come on, isn’t anyone gonna congratulate us? | 好吧 难道没有人想祝贺我们么 |
[08:35] | What? | 什么 |
[08:35] | For getting married. | 祝贺我们结婚 |
[08:37] | That’s what families do. | 那不是家人该做的么 |
[08:38] | I think I’m gonna be sick. | 我都要昏了 |
[08:39] | Come on, Mom, you can at least try and be happy for me! | 别这样老妈 你至少试着开心一点 |
[08:42] | I am sorry, Francis. | 不好意思 Francis |
[08:43] | This is a hell of a thing | 这绝不是 |
[08:44] | to dump in my lap on your father’s birthday! | 应该发生在你爸爸生日派对上的事情 |
[08:47] | Yeah, it’s all about you, Mom. | 可不 什么都以你为中心 老妈 |
[08:48] | Excuse me for thinking that | 抱歉我以为 |
[08:50] | my family would be excited to meet my wife! | 见到我老婆我家人会开心 |
[08:53] | I can’t believe you guys! | 你们真是难以理喻 |
[08:54] | Come on, Francis, it’s not their fault. | Francis 这不是他们的错 |
[08:56] | What d’you expect? | 你还能指望什么结果 |
[08:58] | You could’ve at least called ahead of time. | 你至少要提前打个电话过来 |
[08:59] | Boys, go to your room! | 回你们房间去 |
[09:01] | What? What do you mean? We’re on your side! | 什么意思 我们是你这边的 |
[09:03] | I said go! | 给我走 |
[09:07] | How long have you known each other? | 你们两个认识多长时间了 |
[09:09] | You never mentioned her. | 你从来都没提过她 |
[09:10] | I only met her a month ago. Today. | 我们一个月前的今天才认识 |
[09:13] | Happy anniversary. | 一周月快乐 |
[09:14] | Plus we had the whole bus ride down. | 另外我们是坐巴士过来的 |
[09:16] | A month? I misjudged you! | 一个月 我真误会你了 |
[09:19] | You know, come to think of | 我突然想到 |
[09:20] | That’s the longest you’ve ever stuck with anything in your life! | 这是你坚持一件事的时间纪录了 |
[09:23] | Congratulations, you outlasted his paper route! | 祝贺你 你已经突破他常规了 |
[09:25] | Lady, you don’t want to stick your hand in my face. | 女士 你别把手往我脸上戳 |
[09:28] | Hey, everybody calm down. | 大家冷静点 |
[09:30] | We are calm! It’s Mom’s who’s flipping out! | 我们很冷静 是老妈太激动 |
[09:32] | Oh, Francis, I haven’t even started to flip out! | Francis 我还没开始激动呢 |
[09:35] | Why can’t you be happy for us?! | 为什么不能为我们感到高兴呢 |
[09:37] | We’re supposed to be happy? | 难道我们应该为你高兴么 |
[09:38] | You behave like this, | 我们为你做了这么多 |
[09:39] | after all we’ve done for you?! | 你就做这样的事 |
[09:41] | I’m confused! | 我搞不懂了 |
[09:42] | Are we talking about the years of psychological abuse | 是指你对我长年的心理摧残吗 |
[09:44] | or sending me to military school?! | 还是送我去军校的破事儿 |
[09:47] | This family sucks. | 这家太差劲了 |
[09:48] | They don’t care anything about us, | 他们根本一点都不关心我们 |
[09:49] | they don’t listen to us! | 也不听我们的 |
[09:51] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们离开这个家吧 |
[09:52] | To the Demolition Derby? | 去撞车大赛么 |
[09:54] | No, I mean let’s really get outta here | 不 我是说离家出走 |
[09:56] | and get away from these people. | 离开那些人 |
[09:57] | Where are we gonna go? | 我们能去哪 |
[09:59] | Wherever this takes us. | 这卡能带我们去的地方 |
[10:01] | I snagged it out of Dad’s wallet this morning. | 我今天早晨从老爸钱包里拿的 |
[10:03] | You knew we are gonna need it tonight? | 你早就知道我们今晚会用到吗 |
[10:05] | Er,… yeah. | 对啦 |
[10:06] | I’m in. | 算上我 |
[10:07] | Yeah, but… .. | 但是 |
[10:08] | Into a pulp and throw me in the trash! | 你干脆把我揉一团丢进垃圾桶吧 |
[10:10] | Why do I even try? | 我还试什么试 |
[10:12] | You’ve been nothing but a problem since the day you are born…. | 生你不如生个炉子 |
[10:14] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[10:15] | He’s trying to explain it to you, | 他正试图跟你解释 |
[10:17] | if you’d just listen to him for once! | 哪怕你听他一回呢 |
[10:19] | Why are you talking? Why are you talking?! | 你为什么讲话 你凭什么讲话 |
[10:22] | Can we just stop this?! | 我们能不能别吵了 |
[10:24] | Let’s get in the car and go for a drive to cool off. | 我们开车去兜兜风冷静一下 |
[10:27] | We can still have a nice party. | 我们还可以有一个愉快的生日聚会 |
[10:29] | Oh, we are long past having a nice party! | 早就不可能有愉快的生日聚会了 |
[10:33] | As usual, Francis has taken | 照例 Francis带来了 |
[10:35] | something that should’ve been sweet and ruined it! | 不该带的东西毁了一切 |
[10:37] | Don’t pin this on me, | 别把这怪在我身上 |
[10:38] | I’m completely willing to have a party right now! | 我现在完全想好好庆祝生日 |
[10:41] | Oh, you want to have a party? Happy damn birthday! | 哦 你想要庆祝 生日快乐 |
[10:44] | Hey, why don’t we all have some cake? | 为什不每个人都吃点蛋糕呢 |
[10:50] | We don’t want to be a part of this family any more, | 我们不想做这个家庭的一份子了 |
[10:52] | so we’re leaving! | 我们要离家出走 |
[10:53] | Oh, great, here we go with the dramatics! | 好啊 闹剧开始了啊 |
[10:55] | Who else wants cake?! | 谁还想要蛋糕 |
[10:57] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢你 – 不客气 |
[10:58] | Who wants some delicious damn cake? | 谁还想要美味的蛋糕 |
[11:01] | Can Piama have a rose? | Piama可以要个玫瑰么 |
[11:02] | Why not? There’s plenty to go around! | 为什么不 这里还有好多 |
[11:05] | I’m the one who broke the ice maker last year! | 去年制冰机是我弄坏的 |
[11:09] | Why do you have to ruin everything?! | 你为什么总是要毁掉一切 |
[11:10] | Well, I learned from the best, Mom! | 我有你这个最好的榜样 老妈 |
[11:15] | Wow! I’ve never been in a hotel this fancy before. | 我从来没有来过这么好的宾馆 |
[11:18] | This isn’t a hotel, Dewey, it’s our new home. | Dewey 这不是宾馆 这是新家 |
[11:21] | OK, let me do all the talking. | 让我来讲话 |
[11:24] | May I help you? | 有什么要帮助的 |
[11:26] | My dad called in a reservation. | 我老爸电话预约过了 |
[11:27] | Ok. | 好的 |
[11:30] | There you are. As soon as your dad signs this, | 给你 只要等你们爸爸签字 |
[11:33] | you’re all set. | 就搞定了 |
[11:35] | Oh! He’s out in the car, | 他还在车里 |
[11:36] | but we can take care of it. | 但是我们也可以搞定的 |
[11:37] | Maybe you wanna have a seat, | 你们最好还是坐一下 |
[11:39] | we’ll just wait for your dad. | 我们可以等你们爸爸 |
[11:40] | Is there any way we could speed this along? | 有没有办法可以不用这么长时间 |
[11:42] | My little brother isn’t feeling very well. | 我弟弟很不舒服 |
[11:44] | Yeah. My dad’s gonna be a while out there. | 对的 我老爸要在车里待一会呢 |
[11:46] | He’s cleaning up Dewey’s sick. | 他在清理我弟弟的呕吐物 |
[11:47] | I’m sorry, but an adult needs to sign for the room. | 很抱歉 但是必须成人签字 |
[11:50] | Look, he’s really sick. He could blow any second. | 他真的很难受 随时都可能爆浆 |
[11:55] | He doesn’t look that sick to me. | 在我看来他没有那么难受 |
[12:03] | Dewey, that was amazing! | Dewey 太牛了 |
[12:04] | They ran out of barf dust. | 呕吐物都处理不过来了 |
[12:06] | – I’m hungry. – I bet you are. | – 我饿了 – 必须的 |
[12:09] | How do you guys want your steaks? | 你们牛排要几分熟 |
[12:16] | Shall we look in the park? | 要去公园里找一下么 |
[12:17] | No, nobody goes there any more since they put the lights in. | 自打里面装了灯之后就没人去了 |
[12:21] | Oh! | 哦 |
[12:24] | Why didn’t you tell us you were getting married? | 干嘛不告诉我们你要结婚了 |
[12:26] | I don’t know dad. It happened kinda fast. | 我不知道老爸 事情发生的太快 |
[12:28] | How can you know anyone in a month? | 一个月怎么能了解一个人呢 |
[12:30] | Dad, I knew in a minute. | 老爸 我一眼就认定了 |
[12:31] | Trust me, Piama is the one. | 相信我 Piama就是对的人 |
[12:34] | She’s a little firery, | 她性格有点辣 但是 |
[12:35] | but she’s also kind and funny and completely real. | 她也很善良 有趣 而且很真 |
[12:39] | You just haven’t gotten to know her. | 你只是还没有了解她 |
[12:40] | And who’s fault is that? | 那这是谁的错 |
[12:42] | I know, but that’s why I brought her down with me, | 我知道 所以我把她带回家 |
[12:44] | so everyone gets to know her! | 这样大家都可以了解她了 |
[12:46] | It wasn’t supposed to turn into the Apocalypse! | 又不是打算开天启 |
[12:49] | And what about you and Mom? You got married pretty quick. | 那你跟妈妈呢 你们也速婚了 |
[12:51] | Yes, but I was a few years older, | 是的 但是我那会儿比你大 |
[12:53] | I’d already been with a lot of… | 我已经经历过很多 |
[12:56] | I had lived a full life. | 我的人生经历丰富 |
[12:57] | So you were older. | 所以你当时只是比我现在长几岁 |
[12:59] | I just happened raning into the exact right | 我只是碰到对的人 |
[13:01] | person for me a little earlier than you did. | 比你早了一点 |
[13:02] | Once you meet that person, why wait? | 一旦你遇到了对的人 为什么要等 |
[13:06] | Huh? Why not do it if I’m sure? | 如果我很确定 为什么要等 |
[13:08] | Should I not do it cos my family’s not sure? | 就因为我家人不确定吗 |
[13:10] | It wouldn’t matter if the wedding was | 不管婚礼时上个星期还是下个星期 |
[13:12] | last week or next week or 10 years from now, | 还是十年以后 |
[13:14] | you and Mom would’ve had a problem with it. | 你和妈妈都不会同意的 |
[13:16] | All my life | 我这辈子 |
[13:17] | I would’ve come, Francis. – What? | 我本会来的 Francis – 什么 |
[13:20] | If you had invited me, I would’ve come. | 如果你邀请了我 我就会去的 |
[13:23] | Really? | 真的么 |
[13:27] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:35] | Didn’t I tell you flowers were a great idea? | 我就说 鲜花是个好主意 |
[13:38] | OK, we’re all set. | 好 都准备好了 |
[13:41] | You have the Plaza burger, the main lobster, | 有大汉堡 大龙虾 |
[13:43] | the porterhouse, large French fries | 上等腰肉牛排 大薯条 |
[13:46] | and the complete dessert cart. | 和全套的点心车 |
[13:50] | Your parents certainly have an interesting taste in food. | 你们父母对食物的品味还真是有趣 |
[13:52] | Yeah, they do. | 可不是么 |
[13:54] | Actually, I’m gonna need one of your parents to sign that. | 实际上 我需要你们父母签字 |
[13:58] | I left the tip blank, | 我小费栏空着呢 |
[14:00] | why don’t you put in what you think is fair? | 为什么不写个你们满意的数额呢 |
[14:03] | Bon appetit. | 祝您胃口好 |
[14:05] | Dewey, your dinner’s here! | Dewey 你的晚餐来了 |
[14:08] | – There you go, Reese. – Thank you, Malcolm. | – 给你 Reese – 谢啦 Malcolm |
[14:11] | So this is what a $24 hamburger looks like. | 所以24美元的汉堡包就长这样 |
[14:14] | I thought it’d be as big as my head. | 我还以为会跟我的头一样大 |
[14:17] | Ah! Why don’t we have a jacuzzi tub at home? | 干嘛不在家里装一个按摩浴缸呢 |
[14:19] | Because that would make us happy. | 因为那会让我们开心 |
[14:21] | You know what, Forget about that place. | 你知道么 忘了那个地方吧 |
[14:22] | Tonight, this is our home. | 今晚 这就是我们的家 |
[14:24] | you got a lobster? | 你们点了个大龙虾吗 |
[14:25] | Yes. I think I deserve a lobster. | 是的 龙虾是我应得的 |
[14:27] | We all deserve something nice for once. | 我们都应该好好享受一次 |
[14:29] | Whoa! This dinner was expensive. | 哇 这晚餐真贵 |
[14:32] | I wonder what Dad’s credit limit is? | 不知道老爸信用卡的额度多少 |
[14:36] | Let’s find out. | 试试就知道了 |
[14:46] | They should be home with the boys soon. | 他们应快该领着孩子们回来了 |
[14:52] | – How’s your tea? – Fine, thank you. | – 茶怎么样 – 不错 谢谢你 |
[14:57] | – Sugar? – No, thanks. | – 糖 – 不用了 谢谢 |
[15:03] | – That’s a pretty bracelet. – Thank you. | – 手链很漂亮 – 谢谢你 |
[15:07] | What kinda stone is that? | 那是什么石头 |
[15:08] | Turquoise. Francis got it for me. | 绿松石 Francis 送给我的 |
[15:11] | Oh. | 哦 |
[15:17] | How was your flight? | 航班怎么样 |
[15:19] | We took the bus. | 我们坐车来的 |
[15:20] | That’s right, I guess that’s what Francis | 对哦 我猜Francis是把我给他的机票钱 |
[15:21] | did with the money I sent for his plane fare. | 花在这上面了 |
[15:24] | – Plus the bracelet. – Let’s talk about something else. | – 加上这个手链 – 还是聊点别的吧 |
[15:28] | You know Francis isn’t the screw-up you think he is. | Fraccis 并不像你想的那么糟糕 |
[15:30] | Really? | 真的么 |
[15:31] | Did you know he works 16 hours a day at his job | 你知道他每天工作16小时之余 |
[15:33] | and he still built a wheelchair ramp for my uncle Jack? | 他还帮我叔叔Jack建了个无障碍通道 |
[15:36] | In fact he | 事实上他 |
[15:37] | I don’t think we should talk about Francis here. | 我们不应该继续谈Francis |
[15:38] | Why not? He’s my husband and your son. | 为什么不 他是我老公 是你儿子 |
[15:41] | Needless to say he and I have | 不消说他跟我有一段 |
[15:42] | a very long and complicated history together | 又臭又长的历史 |
[15:44] | that I don’t feel like explaining to you. | 这事儿我不想和你细说 |
[15:46] | Admit it, you don’t like me. | 承认吧 你不喜欢我 |
[15:50] | I don’t even know you. | 我根本就不了解你 |
[15:51] | Well, what would you like to know? | 好啊 那你想了解什么 |
[15:54] | I’m 19, | 我19岁 |
[15:55] | my mom ran off when I was 3 | 我妈妈在我3岁的时候离开了我 |
[15:57] | and my dad kicked me out of the house | 我爸爸在我14岁的时候把我踢出家门 |
[15:58] | when I was 14 because I threw out his liquor. | 因为我扔了他的酒 |
[16:01] | I’ve been married once before, no kids, thank God, | 我以前结过一次婚 没有小孩 谢天谢地 |
[16:04] | and last year I spent three weeks in jail, | 去年 我在监狱里度过了3个星期 |
[16:07] | but it wasn’t my fault. | 但是那不是我的错 |
[16:08] | Will you stop this? | 你能别说了么 |
[16:09] | You just can’t stand | 你就是不能忍受你的家人 |
[16:10] | for someone in your fancy family to marry beneath him. | 跟低于他门第的人结婚 |
[16:15] | – What? – Just because I’m not all classy like you. | – 什么 – 就因为我不像你那么上等 |
[16:18] | Classy? You think I’m classy? | 上等 你眼里我就上等吗 |
[16:21] | Don’t laugh at me. | 别嘲笑我 |
[16:23] | I’m sorry, it’s just this is a first. | 对不起 这还真是头一遭 |
[16:25] | I hate to break it to you, | 我不想向你坦诚 |
[16:26] | but I am not classy. | 但是我不是什么上等 |
[16:27] | Oh, yeah. | 好吧 |
[16:29] | You know I guess what you call class, I call manners. | 你所说的上等 我叫它素质 |
[16:36] | I came down here hoping to get along with you. | 我为和睦相处而来 |
[16:40] | But you’re not gonna let that happen. | 但你就是不乐意 |
[16:46] | You might be surprised at what I’d let happen. | 我乐意怎样你想不到 |
[16:50] | So,… | 所以 |
[16:52] | ..What’s gonna happen? | 是要闹哪样呢 |
[16:56] | I don’t know. What is gonna happen? | 我也不知道 到底是要闹哪样呢 |
[17:02] | Good news! | 好消息 |
[17:03] | The boys stole my credit card! | 孩子们偷了我的信用卡 |
[17:05] | We just have to call the credit card company and… | 我们只要给信用卡打电话 并且 |
[17:09] | – Honey, why don’t…? – Let me show you my tree house. | – 不如 – 让我带你看的我树屋 |
[17:20] | About time! | 总算来了 |
[17:22] | We called for chocolate syrup, like, 30 minutes ago! | 我们半小时前就点了巧克力糖浆 |
[17:28] | Hello, Malcolm. | 你好啊 Malcolm |
[17:30] | Hi, Mom, hi, Dad. | 老妈好 老爸好 |
[17:34] | Beat it, Vicky. | 快走 Vicky |
[17:35] | We’ll finish the cuffs later. | 我们一会再做那个袖口 |
[17:40] | OK, boys, get your things, we’re going home. | 孩子们 收拾好东西 回家了 |
[17:42] | No! We’re not going back there! | 不 我们才不回去 |
[17:44] | You can’t stay in this hotel room for ever. | 那你们也不能一直呆在宾馆房间里 |
[17:47] | What you gonna do, | 那你们要怎么办 |
[17:48] | live under a bridge and steal food out of dumpsters? | 露宿街头 吃垃圾吗 |
[17:50] | I don’t know, but we’re not going home! | 不知道 我们才不要回家 |
[17:52] | We’ve had it with the way you treat us | 我们受够了你们对待我们的方式 |
[17:53] | and we’ve had it with all the yelling! | 我们受够了你对我们大吼大叫 |
[17:55] | You are a terrible influence on us! | 你严重的影响到了我们 |
[17:57] | All you ever do is scream! | 你整天就是冲我们咆哮 |
[17:59] | And order us around! | 把我们呼来唤去 |
[18:00] | There’s something’s wrong with this family! | 这个家不对劲 |
[18:02] | Families should have some way | 家人应该有通过某种方法 |
[18:04] | of communicating besides yelling! | 互相沟通而不是大吼大叫 |
[18:06] | OK, everybody, calm down. | 大家冷静下来 |
[18:09] | I understand what you’re saying, | 我懂你们在说什么 |
[18:11] | I am not gonna yell, I am not gonna scream. | 我不会朝你们吼 也不会叫 |
[18:14] | We are capable of talking about this without raising our voices. | 我们完全可以用正常音调沟通 |
[18:18] | Now, boys, I want you to understand | 孩子们 我希望你们明白 |
[18:20] | I’m sorry about what happened. | 我对发生的事情感到抱歉 |
[18:22] | But you have to understand I get a little emotional | 但是你们要明白 我有点情绪化 |
[18:24] | when I learn that my oldest son | 当我发现我大儿子 |
[18:27] | was acting like an idiot and throwing his life away. | 像个白痴一样放弃了他的人生 |
[18:30] | Now, that doesn’t mean… | 这不代表 |
[18:34] | Stop talking about him like that! | 不许你讲他坏话 |
[18:37] | Francis is my heart! | Francis可是我的心肝 |
[18:46] | OK, we’re even! | 好了 平手了 |
[18:47] | Everyone’s fine and there’s no need for escalation! | 大家都安好 不用把争斗升级了 |
[18:50] | Isn’t it beautiful when things work out? | 事情都解决了是不是很美妙 |
[18:52] | Yeah,it’s gone pretty well,I mean | 是的 事情进展的很不错 |
[18:53] | considering we got off to a rocky start. | 鉴于我们有一个不平静的开始 |
[18:55] | We couldn’t have asked for a better ending. | 我们不能再期待比这更好的结局了 |
[18:57] | Get your wife out of my sight! | 把你老婆弄出我的视线 |
[19:04] | She called you my wife. That’s progress. | 她称呼你是我老婆 有进步啦 |
[19:11] | So Dad’s birthday wasn’t that bad after all. | 老爸的生日聚会也没那么糟 |
[19:13] | He got a new back shaver, | 他得到了一个新的刮毛刀 |
[19:14] | we got to eat cake cut by a knife | 我们吃到切好的蛋糕 |
[19:16] | and Mom has promised not to yell at us any more. | 而且老妈保证不再对我们大喊大叫 |
[19:18] | Bye, Francis. | 拜拜 Francis |
[19:19] | Bye, Malcolm. Happy birthday, Dad. | 拜拜 Malcolm 生日快乐老爸 |
[19:21] | Thanks, son. | 谢谢你 儿子 |
[19:23] | – Piama – Lois – Piama. – Lois. | |
[19:25] | Any time you want to finish our little talk… | 想完成我们的谈话随时欢迎 |
[19:27] | I’d like that. Maybe I’ll come for a visit. | 我也是 或许我会去会会你 |
[19:31] | Maybe I’ll come back down here. | 或许我会回这里来 |
[19:33] | Any time, any place. | 随时 随地 |
[19:34] | Er,… yeah. OK. Bye. | 好的 拜拜 |
[19:38] | Get back, you little weasel! | 回来 你这个狡猾的小鬼 |
[19:40] | Reese Reese! | |
[19:52] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry, it’s all my fault! | 对不起 对不起 都是我的错 |
[19:54] | I’ll clean my room and do all my homework! | 我会清理我的房间并且完成所有家庭作业 |
[19:57] | We may wanna go back to the old system. | 我们可能想要回到以前的制度 |