时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hal, you’ve been arguing for six hours | Hal 你都嚷嚷了六个小时了 |
[00:04] | That’s all you’re throwing away? | 你就扔这么点东西 |
[00:05] | No, this is my maybe pile | 不 这些只是可能要扔走的东西 |
[00:07] | Look, I wouldn’t be able to fit the van in the garage | 这样咱家的小客车都停不进去 |
[00:10] | That’s the whole point of having a garage | 车库就是用来停车的 |
[00:11] | You don’t realize how complicated this is | 你不知道这有多复杂 |
[00:14] | Hal Hal | |
[00:14] | Lois, I promise you | Lois 我保证 |
[00:15] | The van will fit in the garage | 车绝对能停进去 |
[00:34] | I think you owe me an apology | 你是不是得向我道个歉 |
[01:13] | Francis’s home visiting with his wife Piama | Francis和他老婆Piama回家探望 |
[01:16] | It’s been so nice around here since they came | 他一回来这里可和谐了 |
[01:18] | Good dinner mom | 妈 晚餐真好吃 |
[01:19] | Please, it’s completely overcooked | 拜托都煮过头了 |
[01:21] | You must really be hurting for some decent cooking | 你是多久没吃上像样的晚餐了 |
[01:25] | See | 看到了吗 |
[01:26] | Mom’s so busing being mean to Piama | 妈妈忙着损Piama |
[01:28] | She doesn’t even notice us | 她都注意不到我们的存在 |
[01:29] | We’ve been getting away with murder | 我们就算杀人都能安然逃脱 |
[01:33] | Hello | 喂 |
[01:35] | Oh hi Claire | 哇Claire你好 |
[01:36] | It’s my sister | 是我姐 |
[01:37] | Oh god | 天哪 |
[01:38] | I’m gonna hang up on her | 我准备挂电话了 |
[01:39] | No Hal, find out what she wants | 别 Hal 看看她想干嘛 |
[01:42] | So what’s up | 有什么事吗 |
[01:43] | Uh-huh | 嗯哼 |
[01:45] | Family reunion this weekend for my dad’s birthday | 我爸生日 周末家庭聚会 |
[01:47] | I’m sorry Claire | 不好意思Claire |
[01:48] | But I’m having foot surgery | 我的脚要做个手术 |
[01:50] | So we’ll have to bounce | 我们去不了了 |
[01:50] | No Hal, it’s been too long already | 不 Hal 我们太久没过去了 |
[01:52] | We should go | 我们应该去 |
[01:53] | But you know what? | 但是转念一想 |
[01:54] | My foot feels fine now | 我的脚好像没什么事了 |
[01:56] | So I’m gonna cancel that surgery | 等我去取消手术 |
[01:57] | And we’ll see you Saturday | 我们周六见 |
[01:58] | Wait a minute | 等一下 |
[01:58] | They’re inviting us only two days before we have to be there? | 聚会开始的两天前才邀请我们 |
[02:01] | Forget it Hal | 算了吧Hal |
[02:01] | They don’t want us there | 他们根本不想让我们去 |
[02:03] | But you can never be too careful with feet | 但是脚的问题永远都不能忽视 |
[02:05] | Which is exactly why we should go | 所以我们更应该要去 |
[02:07] | What am I thinking? | 我在想什么呐 |
[02:08] | I’ve already had foot surgery | 我已经做了手术了 |
[02:10] | OK so we’ll see you Saturday | 好的我们周六见 |
[02:15] | So what’s grandpa like? | 爷爷是什么样的人 |
[02:17] | He’s okay | 他还好 |
[02:18] | But the rest of dad’s family | 但是爸爸家的其他亲戚 |
[02:19] | Treat mom like crap | 都对妈妈态度很恶劣 |
[02:20] | They’re jerks | 他们都是混蛋 |
[02:21] | Rich jerks | 有钱的混蛋 |
[02:22] | And grandpa is the richest of them all | 爷爷是他们中最有钱的 |
[02:24] | And he loves kids | 并且他喜欢小孩 |
[02:26] | Just say and do what I tell you | 按我说的做 |
[02:27] | And we’ll be set for life | 我们下半生就不愁吃穿了 |
[02:28] | You’re nuts | 你疯啦 |
[02:29] | Look, it’s too late for you and me | 对我俩来说已经晚了 |
[02:30] | But Dewey’s still young and adorable | 但是Dewey还小还萌着呢 |
[02:32] | Although we do have a narrow window to work with | 不过我们还是有个时间窗口问题 |
[02:34] | In a year, you’re gonna look like a freak | 再过一年你就像个怪人了 |
[02:36] | So it’s so cramped, Piama | Piama 这里真的很挤 |
[02:38] | This van really isn’t designed to carry seven people | 这小客车真的装不下七个人 |
[02:40] | Oh, I guess I was thrown off by the seven seats | 敢情就因为缺少七套座椅和安全带 |
[02:43] | and the seven seat belts | 要把我扔下去了对吧 |
[02:44] | Francis, how’s that ranch job treating you | Francis 牧场的工作怎么样了 |
[02:46] | Oh great! Never a dull moment | 很棒 从来不会无聊 |
[02:48] | In fact, last week I got to castrate a bull calf | 上周我还阉了一只小公牛呢 |
[02:51] | What does castrate mean? | 阉是什么意思 |
[02:52] | Ask your mother | 可以问问你妈 |
[02:54] | You know, I’ve always wanted to know how to castrate a bull calf | 我一直都想知道怎么阉小牛 |
[02:58] | Tell me about it | 跟我说说呗 |
[02:58] | Well, it’s fascinating stuff | 真的很神奇 |
[03:00] | We use this tool called burdizzo | 我们用的一个叫burdizzo的工具 |
[03:02] | It looks like a giant pair of pliers | 它有点像钳子 |
[03:04] | And the calf has to be restrained | 小牛得绑起来 |
[03:06] | So that it doesn’t kick | 这样它才不会乱踢 |
[03:07] | Oh, once you cut off their blood supply | 噢 你一旦切断那两个地方的血管 |
[03:09] | They shrivel up and are replaced by fat tissue. | 它们会缩阳入腹 脂肪组织会取代它们 |
[03:13] | What a great story, Francis. | 多么精彩的故事啊 Francis |
[03:15] | It really made the last hour and a half fly by. | 真是让刚才的一个半小时风一样的过去了 |
[03:22] | Here come the clones | 克隆人来咯 |
[03:23] | Hal, be nice | Hal 友善一点 |
[03:24] | Hey hey, that’s my kid brother! | 那不是我的小兄弟吗 |
[03:27] | Hi Claire, hello Tom | Claire Tom 你们好啊 |
[03:30] | Hal, that shirt looks fabulous on you | Hal 你穿这衬衫真的好好看哟 |
[03:32] | Honey, isn’t he looking handsome | 亲爱的 他帅吧 |
[03:34] | He certainly is | 当然帅咯 |
[03:37] | Lois Lois | |
[03:41] | Hey! Who’s this | 这是谁 |
[03:43] | Your cousin Pete | 你表弟Pete |
[03:44] | Pete-O Pete-O | |
[03:45] | What’s this? | 这是什么啊 |
[03:47] | Your dad’s birthday present | 你爸爸的生日礼物 |
[03:48] | We all chipped in | 我们都凑了份子 |
[03:50] | We? | 我们 |
[03:50] | We’re gonna chip in too | 我们也会出一份钱的 |
[03:52] | Oh don’t worry | 噢 没事儿 |
[03:53] | We’ll put your name on the card | 我们会在卡片上写上你们的名字的 |
[03:56] | Yeah, come on, let’s get you inside | 来吧 进屋去 |
[03:58] | You must be worn out from that drive | 开那么久的车一定精疲力竭了 |
[04:00] | Actually it wasn’t so bad | 其实还好啦 |
[04:01] | Nonsense | 胡说 |
[04:02] | Look at those sweat stains on Lois | 看看Lois身上的汗渍 |
[04:14] | Wow | 哇 |
[04:15] | He figures this is the side of the family we never see | 他觉得我们从没见过这边的亲戚 |
[04:19] | Meanwhile, the grandma who goes shopping in her bra | 穿着胸罩逛街的奶奶 |
[04:21] | Visits five times a year | 每年都要来看我们五次 |
[04:22] | We can leave right now | 我们现在还能走 |
[04:23] | Just get in the car and drive | 直接上车 走人 |
[04:25] | Sandusky Caverns is just forty minutes from here | 桑达斯基溶洞离这就四十分钟的车程 |
[04:27] | Hal, relax, we can do this | Hal 放轻松 我们没问题的 |
[04:29] | I can’t help it | 我忍不住就想走 |
[04:30] | I worked myself in the knots | 每次去见这位孩子大王 |
[04:32] | whenever I have to face the grand Patriarch | 都得有人架着我才行 |
[04:34] | Hi dad! | 爸爸 |
[04:36] | Hal, you made it! | Hal 你来啦 |
[04:39] | Anybody help an old man out of the pool | 来人拉我一把 |
[04:42] | I got you grandpa | 我来拉你爷爷 |
[04:47] | Oh, right | 果然 |
[04:56] | What do you think that guy’s for? | 你们觉得那个家伙是用来干嘛的 |
[04:58] | His name is Francis | 他叫Francis |
[04:59] | If you kill him, you don’t get another one. | 别玩死他 没有下一个咯 |
[05:08] | Welcome one and all! | 大家伙儿 |
[05:16] | Dewey, goodness, you’ve grown | Dewey 天呐你长大了 |
[05:18] | I bet you don’t even remember me | 你肯定都不记得我了 |
[05:22] | Yes I do | 我记得呢 |
[05:23] | You thang to me when I wath thweeping. | 我啼哭时你哼歌给我听的 |
[05:25] | You remember that! | 你还记得啊 |
[05:27] | Why, that’s adorable | 真是太可爱了 |
[05:29] | So good to see you dad | 爸爸 很高兴见到你 |
[05:31] | I have to admit I was a little nervous about coming back here | 我得承认 回到这我还是有点紧张 |
[05:34] | After so much time had gone by | 毕竟都过了那么久了 |
[05:36] | I was expecting | 我很期待 |
[05:37] | Expecting car trouble? | 期待车子抛锚么 |
[05:38] | Because it looks like you packed a spare tire! | 你看上去就像自带了个备胎 |
[05:44] | Malcolm Ah, Malcolm! | |
[05:45] | I understand they finally figured out you’re a genius | 我就知道他们迟早发现你是个天才 |
[05:48] | What’s your favorite subject in school? | 你在学校最喜欢哪个科目 |
[05:50] | I don’t know. History | 不知道 历史吧 |
[05:51] | History, is it? | 历史啊 |
[05:52] | What do you think about the Civil War? | 你觉得南北内战怎么样 |
[05:55] | I guess it’s kind of interesting | 我觉得蛮有意思的吧 |
[05:57] | Have I got something to show you! | 我带你看些东西 |
[06:00] | – There you two are! – Hi, Amelia | – 你俩在这呢 – Amelia你好啊 |
[06:03] | This reunion is going to be the death of me | 这场聚会真是折磨死我了 |
[06:04] | Feeding this many people everyday | 每天管着这么多人的饮食 |
[06:06] | Keeping track of all the kids | 看紧所有的孩子 |
[06:07] | I swear, I had to run the croquet tournament on Thursday all by myself. | 我发誓 周四我还得一个人参加槌球比赛 |
[06:11] | Tomorrow we’ve got a pancake breakfast | 明天要准备煎饼早餐 |
[06:12] | The family photo at 3:00 | 3:00照全家福 |
[06:14] | A birthday dinner at 5:00 | 5:00生日晚餐 |
[06:15] | and gifts at 6:00 | 6:00拆礼物 |
[06:16] | all with no one to take charge but me. | 都只有我一个人管 |
[06:17] | This is what General Schwarzkopf must have felt like during Desert Storm. | 施瓦茨科普夫将军在指挥海湾战争时就这感觉吧 |
[06:20] | Lois, no one else is wearing a name tag | Lois 只有你身上贴着名字 |
[06:28] | Hal, it’s fine | Hal 没关系 |
[06:29] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[06:31] | Untie his hand and give him his pants back | 松开他的手把裤子还给他 |
[06:34] | You’re the only grandkid I’ve let in here | 孙辈里我可只让你一个进过这间房 |
[06:37] | These are my most precious possessions | 这些是我最宝贵的东西 |
[06:40] | Cool. | 酷 |
[06:41] | Oh, never mind that stuff. | 别管那个 |
[06:44] | You don’t want to waste your time with a bunch of guns. | 你可不希望把时间都浪费在一堆枪上 |
[06:46] | Take a look at these quartermasters’ ledger books. | 看看这个军需官的分类账簿 |
[06:49] | This is where the war was really won. | 这才是战争取胜的真正法宝 |
[06:52] | Take a look at this. | 看看这个 |
[06:55] | Notice anything? | 发现什么了吗 |
[06:58] | Oh, yeah. The numbers don’t add up here. | 是 数字加错了 |
[07:00] | What? | 什么 |
[07:01] | In that column. | 在那一栏 |
[07:02] | The numbers add up to 1,286 | 数字总共加起来是1286 |
[07:05] | But the total at the bottom says 1,179. | 但是上面的总数写的是1179 |
[07:07] | I was hoping you’d notice how the S’s look like F’s | 我是想让你看S写得像F |
[07:11] | But this is incredible. | 但这太了不起了 |
[07:12] | I think this quartermaster was skimming rifles. | 我觉得这个军需官在造假克扣步枪 |
[07:16] | This is the kind of thing that gets your name in the Civil War quarterly. | 这样的发现能让你名字登上<南北战争>季刊 |
[07:20] | Good job, Malcolm. | 好样的 Malcolm |
[07:22] | Let’s see what else this guy was up to! | 我们来看看这家伙还干了什么 |
[07:28] | I would never be massaged by a woman. | 我绝不会找女人给我按摩的 |
[07:30] | I mean, you need that strength. | 我的意思是需要男人的劲儿 |
[07:32] | When my body’s in need, I want a man to really get in there. | 如果身体有需要 我希望找男人来整我 |
[07:37] | Okay, just one more lap. | 好了 最后一圈 |
[07:42] | Boy, those kids have really taken a shine to Francis. | 天呐 那些孩子还真喜欢Francis |
[07:45] | He’s not ready for kids, Piama | Piama 他还没准备要孩子 |
[07:47] | Don’t rush him. | 别催他 |
[07:47] | More cake, Lois? | Lois 再来点蛋糕吗 |
[07:49] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[07:50] | Don’t be shy. | 别不好意思嘛 |
[07:51] | I saw the way you scarfed down your first piece. | 看到你狼吞虎咽啃掉第一块的 |
[07:54] | Oh, I’m sorry, | 噢 不好意思 |
[07:55] | You’re probably on a diet, aren’t you? | 你应该在节食对吧 |
[08:01] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[08:03] | Have you seen the cookies? | 你看到曲奇了吗 |
[08:04] | We have to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[08:05] | It’s about Lois. | 是有关Lois的 |
[08:07] | Ever since we got here, | 自从我们到这儿 |
[08:09] | The family’s taken every opportunity to… | 家里每个人一有机会就 |
[08:13] | Dad, don’t do the face. | 爸 别做鬼脸 |
[08:15] | What face? | 什么鬼脸 |
[08:16] | Oh, you know the face! | 你懂的 |
[08:17] | Don’t do that, I’m serious. | 别做鬼脸 我是认真的 |
[08:19] | Oh. Can I do the voice? | 那我能这样说话吗 |
[08:24] | Dad, I’m not kidding. | 爸 我没开玩笑 |
[08:25] | Then why are you laughing? | 那你笑什么 |
[08:28] | Dad! | 爸 |
[08:30] | Nothing funny heeere. | 没什么好笑的啊 |
[08:31] | No, sireeeeee! | 没什么啊 |
[09:02] | Tell us a story! | 给我们讲故事 |
[09:05] | Okay, you want a story, here’s a story. | 好了 你们想听故事 我给你们讲 |
[09:07] | It’s called “The Kids Who Couldn’t Play by Themselves.” | 故事叫做<不能自个儿一边玩去的孩子们> |
[09:11] | We did some good work today. | 我们今天做的不错 |
[09:14] | Tomorrow, we’ll hit Grandpa with the “Good Ship Lollipop” number right after breakfast. | 明天一吃完早饭我们就给爷爷唱”好船棒棒糖” |
[09:18] | I want to swim in the pool. | 我想在泳池里游泳 |
[09:20] | You can swim in the pool when we own the pool. | 等泳池归我们了你就能去游 |
[09:22] | Nice angle you’re working with Grandpa, Malcolm. | Malcolm 你和爷爷一起玩 手段不错 |
[09:24] | I have to admit | 我得承认 |
[09:25] | You’re getting a lot of face time | 你脸混得很熟了 |
[09:26] | But, when he croaks, | 但是他咽气以后 |
[09:27] | All he’s gonna leave you is that stupid Civil War crap. | 他只会给你留下一堆内战的垃圾 |
[09:29] | Reese Reese… | |
[09:30] | You can have it, | 你可以留着那些 |
[09:30] | But I want it out of the house. | 但我不想在房子里看到它们 |
[09:35] | Back off Grandpa. He’s ours. | 离爷爷远点 他是我们的 |
[09:38] | What? | 什么 |
[09:39] | We’ve been working this guy for three years. | 我们计划了三年了 |
[09:42] | We’re not about to let you waltz in here | 我们不会让你表面好人一套 |
[09:45] | And snake him out from under us. | 背着我们打他的主意又是一套 |
[09:46] | What are you saying? | 你们在说什么 |
[09:48] | It’s a big house; accidents happen. | 这是个大房子 有意外发生不足为奇 |
[09:54] | And then the little boy, about your age was found hanging | 那些像你们这么大的孩子们被发现 |
[09:57] | in the moonlight strangled by his own intestines. | 在月光下被自己的肠子吊死 |
[10:01] | And there was just enough life left in him to say… | 只剩下一口气咕哝道 |
[10:05] | “You’re next!!” | 下个就是你 |
[10:13] | Come out! | 出来吧 |
[10:14] | He was lying; it was just a story. | 他骗人的 只是一个故事而已 |
[10:25] | All I want is two seconds of honest | 我不过想和我的父亲诚恳地谈谈 |
[10:27] | Human conversation with my own father. | 即使只有一会儿 |
[10:31] | I mean, what is so awful about me | 我到底有多差劲 |
[10:33] | That he has to distance himself with jokes and silly faces? | 以至于他要用玩笑和鬼脸把我拒之千里 |
[10:37] | Hal, you’re not going to make any progress | Hal 如果你继续这样针对他 |
[10:40] | if you keep personalizing other people’s problems. | 我们不会取得什么进展的 |
[10:43] | We’ve talked about this. | 我们谈过这个 |
[10:44] | You just don’t get it. | 你就是不懂 |
[10:45] | How could you? | 你能懂嘛 |
[10:46] | You don’t have any father issues. | 你又不存在什么父亲问题 |
[10:47] | I’m blessed. | 我很幸运 |
[10:49] | There’s got to be some way to break this cycle. | 总会有办法打破这个僵局的 |
[10:51] | Some way to make my dad let his guard down | 总会有方法让我爸放下防备 |
[10:55] | And engage me on an emotional level… | 从感情层面上接纳我 |
[11:00] | Are you even listening? | 你在听吗 |
[11:01] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[11:02] | Oh! | 噢 |
[11:04] | Hal, the answer to this is simple. | Hal 答案很简单 |
[11:06] | You just have to look at your life; | 你只需要回头看看你的生活 |
[11:08] | Look at what you’ve accomplished. | 看看你获得的成就 |
[11:09] | You have a good relationship with your sons. | 你和你的儿子们关系都很好 |
[11:13] | They can talk to you about anything. | 他们能和你无话不谈 |
[11:15] | You have a wife and home and family | 你有老婆 有家 |
[11:17] | A lot of people would envy. | 很多人都会嫉妒你 |
[11:19] | You’re past this. | 你没事的 |
[11:21] | You think? | 你真这么想 |
[11:22] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[11:23] | Hal, you’re all grown up. | Hal 你都长大了 |
[11:28] | Uh-oh. | 啊哦 |
[11:29] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:32] | I wet the bed. | 我尿床了 |
[11:38] | You know ,I’ve been telling myself that everything’s OK. | 我一直在告诉自己 一切安好 |
[11:41] | But my bladder knew the difference. | 但是我的膀胱能察觉出异样 |
[11:42] | Now I’m not leaving here. | 现在我如果没和我爸解决这个问题 |
[11:44] | Until I’ve had this out with my dad. | 我就不走了 |
[11:45] | Hal, are you sure you wanna do this? | Hal 你真的要这么做吗 |
[11:47] | Lois, he just sits by while everyone treats you like a dog | Lois 所有人都当你是条狗他都可以无动于衷 |
[11:51] | When I’m not treating you like a servant. | 我都没把你当仆人看待 |
[11:52] | It’s not that bad. | 没那么糟糕 |
[11:53] | Did you notice last night | 你昨晚注意到了吗 |
[11:55] | When you gave Helen your chair | 你把你的椅子让给Helen |
[11:56] | And she flipped the cousion over before she sat down? | 她把椅垫翻了一面才肯坐 |
[11:59] | No | 没有 |
[12:07] | Why are we staring at a mall, grandpa? | 爷爷 我们为什么要盯着商场 |
[12:09] | This is a battlefield, Private, and I’m not your grandpa. | 这是战场 列兵 我也不是你的爷爷 |
[12:12] | I’m Captain Atticus P. Featherton. | 我是Atticus P. Featherton上尉 |
[12:14] | commander of the Company “A” cavalry. | 骑兵A连的指挥官 |
[12:17] | It’s 1864. | 现在是1864年 |
[12:20] | Cannonballs are flying overhead. | 炮弹从我们头顶上呼啸而过 |
[12:22] | The nostrils curl with the smell of burning flesh. | 鼻腔里充斥着肉体烧焦的味道 |
[12:27] | Can I get a yogurt? | 我能喝一杯酸奶吗 |
[12:28] | You’re ravaged by dysentery. You don’t want a yogurt. | 你身患痢疾 你不会想喝酸奶的 |
[12:30] | Edith, where are my keys? | Edith 我的钥匙在哪 |
[12:32] | They’re supposed to be in the key thingy. | 它们应该在放钥匙的那块 |
[12:34] | I can’t trust you with anything. | 你真是什么事儿都办不好 |
[12:35] | Now, there’s Confederate sharpshooters on that ridge over there. | 南军的神枪手就在那边山脊线 |
[12:39] | We have to sit very still while we wait for our orders | 在我们的命令下达前一定要保持不动 |
[12:41] | Or they’ll pick us off one by one. | 否则他们会一个个把我们击毙 |
[12:44] | -But… -Very still, Private. | – 但是 – 一动也不动 列兵 |
[12:48] | More still than that! | 你还是在动 |
[12:55] | Isn’t this great? | 挺带感的吧 |
[12:59] | I asked for these to be ironed. | 我要求过这些都要熨好 |
[13:01] | What is wrong with you people? | 你们这些人有什么毛病啊 |
[13:11] | Nice touch with the backwards “E.” | 反过来的E写的真好 |
[13:14] | You’ve got a real gift for this butt kissing stuff. | 你拍马屁的功夫了得啊 |
[13:16] | We are so in. | 我们一定能行 |
[13:19] | What do you mean “we”? | 什么”我们” |
[13:24] | Ma, you got to let us hide in here; these kids… | 妈 我们必须得躲在这 那些孩子 |
[13:26] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[13:28] | Oh, I forgot to pack my good shoes. | 我忘记带我的高级鞋子了 |
[13:29] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信自己 |
[13:30] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办啊 |
[13:32] | All I’ve got are my sneakers. | 我只带了球鞋 |
[13:33] | I’m supposed to take them off and run around barefoot | 难道我要光脚走在他们面前 |
[13:34] | Like a hillbilly in front of these people? | 像个乡巴佬一样吗 |
[13:36] | Mom, it’s just shoes. Relax. | 妈 只是鞋子而已 没事的 |
[13:37] | Oh, Francis, it’s not just shoes. | 噢Francis 不仅仅是鞋子的问题 |
[13:39] | You have no idea what it’s like trying to please someone else’s family | 你无法想象总是想取悦别人的家庭 |
[13:42] | And always coming up short. | 却总是低人一等的感觉 |
[13:44] | And would it kill you to dress up a little | 你就不能穿的像样点吗 |
[13:46] | For a family picture? | 我们可是要照全家福啊 |
[13:51] | Oh, hey, Hal. | 你好啊Hal |
[13:53] | You know, that Malcolm of yours doesn’t handle the heat very well. | 你家Malcolm不太耐热啊 |
[13:57] | Dad, we need to talk. This is serious. | 爸 我们得谈谈 我很认真的 |
[14:00] | Then I better put on my serious face. | 那我最好板着脸哦 |
[14:02] | No, Dad. No faces. | 不 爸爸 不许做鬼脸 |
[14:03] | Unless we deal with this | 我们必须把这事儿解决了 |
[14:05] | You and I will never have a meaningful relationship. | 不然我俩之间永远没法建立重要的关系 |
[14:08] | Our relationship is fine. | 我俩之间挺好的呀 |
[14:10] | No, it’s not fine. | 不 没那么好 |
[14:12] | There’s a big piece missing. | 它有很大的缺失 |
[14:14] | Oh, sure, we laugh, we-we have fun | 当然 我们笑 我们在一起乐趣多 |
[14:16] | But that’s all we do. | 但我们也就这样 |
[14:18] | We just skim along the surface | 我们总是停留在表面上 |
[14:19] | Without talking about anything important. | 重要的事从来不谈 |
[14:21] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[14:24] | Let’s ask Mr. Tickles. | 我们问问挠痒痒先生吧 |
[14:28] | Remember Mr. Tickles? | 还记得他吗 |
[14:30] | No, Dad, I mean it! | 爸 住手 我认真的 |
[14:32] | Well, Mr. Tickles means it, too. | 挠痒痒先生也是认真的 |
[14:35] | We used to do this all the time when you were a kid. | 你小的时候我们总是这样啊 |
[14:40] | You loved Mr. Tickles. | 你很爱挠痒痒先生的 |
[14:43] | Ooh, it’s almost picture time. | 噢 要照相了 |
[14:46] | Hey, this was fun, Hal. | Hal 这挺好玩的 |
[14:48] | I’m glad you’re feeling better. | 我很欣慰你感到好多了 |
[14:51] | Oh! | 噢 |
[14:58] | That’s not where we keep the liquor. | 我们可没把酒放在这儿 |
[14:59] | I’m not looking for liquor. | 我没在找酒 |
[15:01] | I’m looking for shoes. | 我在找鞋 |
[15:03] | For some reason, I forgot to pack my good shoes. | 我也不知道为什么我忘记带我的高级鞋子了 |
[15:05] | and now I have nothing to wear | 现在我都没有鞋子配这条裙子 |
[15:06] | with this dress that I rushed out to buy | 我可是特意跑出去买的这条裙子 |
[15:08] | so I would look nice for this family | 这样在这个家里我能看上去漂亮一点儿 |
[15:09] | that thinks I can’t do anything right. | 尽管你们觉得我一无是处 |
[15:13] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[15:14] | I have some extra shoes in the back of our car. | 我后备箱里有几双多余的鞋 |
[15:16] | I bet they might fit you. | 你一定能穿 |
[15:19] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:20] | It’s the black Jaguar parked out by the gate. | 门外那辆黑色捷豹 |
[15:23] | It’s unlocked. | 没有上锁 |
[15:24] | Thank you. Really. | 真太谢谢你了 |
[15:33] | Don’t you guys want to be with your parents? | 你们不想和家长待在一起吗 |
[15:37] | My socks are itchy. | 袜子好痒 |
[15:39] | Malcolm, I hear your sock itchiness | Malcolm 我听说你袜子痒 |
[15:41] | And I am glad you’re telling me about it. | 我很高兴你能告诉我这件事 |
[15:43] | You boys should know that I am here for you | 孩子们 你们要知道 无论何时 |
[15:45] | Anytime you want to talk about anything. | 你们想谈点什么 都可以和我谈 |
[15:46] | After we get this picture taken | 等我们照完相了 |
[15:48] | I’m going to spend some time with each of you | 我要和你们每个人都单独花点时间待在一起 |
[15:50] | Because I am involved and into everything that’s going on with this family. | 因为我很关心家里发生的任何事情 |
[15:54] | Where’s your mother? | 你妈妈在哪 |
[15:56] | Amelia Amelia? | |
[15:56] | There aren’t any shoes in your car. | 你车里没有鞋子 |
[15:58] | Are you sure…? | 你确定 |
[15:59] | Okay, everybody, big smiles. | 好了 每个人都要笑哦 |
[16:01] | Cheese on three. One, two, three. | 数到三 一 二 三 |
[16:05] | Cheese! | 茄子 |
[16:06] | Okay, let me get one more real quick | 好了 再来一张 |
[16:09] | Cheese! | 茄子 |
[16:10] | Excellent. Thank you, everybody. | 棒极了 谢谢你们 |
[16:16] | You weren’t in the photo, Lois? | 你没一起照相啊Lois |
[16:19] | Well, I guess we can try to take another one. | 我们也可以重新照一张吧 |
[16:23] | You know, if we can regather everybody. | 如果我们能重新把大家伙叫过来 |
[16:26] | And if we can get the photographer back. | 并且把摄像师叫回来 |
[16:29] | And talk to the caterers | 跟酒席承办商商量商量 |
[16:32] | To see if they can hold off on dinner. | 看看能不能把晚餐推迟一点 |
[16:35] | Lois, where were you? | Lois 你到哪里去了 |
[16:56] | Honey? Honey… | 亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[17:30] | Hey, is Lois going to help with the salad? | 那个 Lois要帮忙做沙拉吗 |
[17:32] | Oh, God. More drama from that woman. | 天呐 那女人事儿真多 |
[17:46] | What are you going to do? | 你们要干嘛 |
[17:47] | We don’t know. We never know. | 我们不知道 我们从来都不知道 |
[17:54] | Hal Hal… | |
[17:56] | what are you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[17:57] | Taking a stand for my dignity. | 为我的尊严表明立场 |
[18:00] | You’ve driven me to this, Dad. | 是你逼我的 爸 |
[18:02] | My wife is upstairs crying | 我老婆正在楼上哭 |
[18:04] | because of the way this family treats her, | 就因为这个家那样对待她 |
[18:06] | And it’s got to stop. | 是时候做个了结了 |
[18:07] | Uh-oh. | 啊哦 |
[18:08] | Someone’s a Gloomy Gus. | 有人心情不好哦 |
[18:13] | You never face up to any real problems, do you? | 你从来都不正面问题 |
[18:16] | You just think, if you make enough jokes | 你都是想着如果你一直开玩笑 |
[18:18] | They’ll all go away. | 就不会有任何问题了 |
[18:19] | Don’t you see that | 你没发现吗 |
[18:20] | through my entire life, | 从小到大 |
[18:21] | you’ve avoided dealing with me | 每当我遇到困难的时候 |
[18:22] | whenever I was going through a tough time? | 你都一直逃避 |
[18:24] | Really, this is beyond the pale. | 这样是耍赖皮嘛 |
[18:26] | You never helped me when my girlfriend dumped me | 我被女友甩的时候你没帮我 |
[18:29] | when my dog died… Hey. | 我狗死的时候 |
[18:31] | when my best friend moved away… | 我的好朋友搬走的时候 |
[18:33] | when I got beaten up at school… | 我在学校被打的时候 |
[18:35] | when I spent a whole summer crying and I didn’t know why! | 我整个夏天都在不明所以地哭的时候 |
[18:38] | Hal, stop it! | Hal 别闹了 |
[18:40] | And you haven’t helped me | 我家这边的亲戚折磨我老婆都成习惯的时候 |
[18:41] | while my family has been habitually tormenting my wife | 你也没帮我 |
[18:44] | to the point where I’ve had to avoid both them and you! | 我既得躲着他们 又得躲着你 |
[18:49] | I haven’t had a father for the past 15 years | 我过去15年里都没得到过父爱 |
[18:53] | Because you won’t deal with anything! | 因为你不去解决任何事情 |
[19:01] | Okay, that’s off my chest. | 好了 心里的话都说出来了 |
[19:04] | I hope you heard it. | 希望你都听清楚了 |
[19:05] | I love you, Dad. | 我爱你爸爸 |
[19:14] | I’ll go get you a towel. | 我去给你拿条毛巾 |
[19:16] | One of the old ones, please. | 拿旧一点的 谢谢了 |
[19:21] | All right, everybody ready? | 大家都准备好了吗 |
[19:23] | I was born ready. | 我天生就准备好了 |
[19:44] | The cake! | 蛋糕啊 |
[19:46] | The cart! | 车啊 |
[20:24] | We had to get out of there pretty fast | 为了我们的生命安全 |
[20:25] | For our own safety. | 我们得赶紧撤 |
[20:27] | It was unbelievable. | 真难以相信 |
[20:28] | We drove three blocks | 我们都开了三个街区 |
[20:30] | before Aunt Claire let go of the door handle. | Claire姑姑才把手从门把上松开 |
[20:32] | I am so very disappointed in all of you. | 我对你们每个人都很失望 |
[20:35] | I don’t care what those people did | 我不管那些人做了什么 |
[20:37] | That was no way for you to behave. | 这都不是你们这么做的理由 |
[20:39] | Right, Hal? | 对吧Hal |
[20:41] | Yeah, you boys are on notice. | 是 我可警告你们了 |
[20:42] | If you ever drive a golf cart over a catered dinner | 如果你们再开着高尔夫球车毁了晚宴 |
[20:45] | And into a swimming pool again | 再冲进游泳池里 |
[20:46] | There will be consequences. | 你们就等着看下场 |
[20:49] | Dire consequences. | 可怕的下场 |
[20:51] | I guess we just kissed off a six-figure trust fund. | 我想我们刚对六位数的信托基金说拜拜了 |
[20:54] | I told Grandpa you tied me to the golf cart. | 我跟爷爷说你把我绑在高尔夫球车上的 |
[20:56] | What?! | 什么 |
[20:58] | He still likes you. | 他还喜欢你 |
[21:00] | Nice. We’re back in the game. | 赞啊 我们还有希望 |
[21:02] | Yeah. | 当然了 |
[21:05] | Oh, Piama. | 对了 Piama |
[21:06] | Is that too much air on you? | 这样风会不会吹着你太大 |
[21:10] | No. | 不会不会 |